The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic - Neverland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Heather – Thanks for another great update. I feel like this update is more challenging. Or touches on more challenging issues. There is more talk. More revisiting difficult and painful interactions for both girls. On one hand, obviously they are both joyous and in love and sated with sex. But on the other hand there is the reality of the things they have said and done – what Tara heard Willow say on the phone. What Tara told Willow about her perfect woman.

I do love the confessions re: sexy dreams and staring at each other’s boobs. They have a comfort level in talking about their sexuality that is very refreshing. I guess their intimacy has brought them just that. Intimacy.

Quote:
“I want…” The redhead swallowed her words, too embarrassed to say what she desired.

“What?” The blonde urged.

“I want to go down on you,” Willow finally said as she exhaled, her face as red as her hair.
Hmm. Good for Willow and not a word choice I would have used. I mean in writing or generally in life. But hey, it works for them!

The conversation about the bruise on Willow’s knee is great and the way it wraps in Anya and the painting is again fantastic. Wasn’t the party like 2+ weeks ago? Why is she still bruised? Does she have a vitamin deficiency? Or perhaps fictional Willow doesn’t know about using arnica for bruises. Yay for Tara asking about Willow’s level of outness and being out in public and all that. That rocks.

I enjoy the feeling of the making love and sleeping and waking and again and all that but now I’m going to say that for me… I hope they ate some food. Because I think it was early afternoon or maybe late afternoon and people need food.

I feel like all the thoughts of three years and pain and suffering will just have to be let go of over and over for both of them. That’s going to be the only cure for either the other one saying something ugly in the heat of a fight or Willow abusing herself over it. I hope that works for them.

Re: Xander and Buffy. I love it. I know you said you didn’t know where to put it but I think this is good. It’s what… 3-4 hours from SF to Sunnydale? So Buffy has had time to think, pack, cancel her date, and drive. I just hope she’s not so much mad at Xander but introspective. I hope she wonders how she could have missed this and what it has been like for both Willow and Xander and how she can make it up to her friend. She has a right to be hurt but she also needs to accept her part in it.

Ok, I need to go get ready. Chiara and I are going to go cheer on some runners at the marathon.

Congratulations to Jen & Kay!

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Damn it Deb I was so close!!

Hi Heather :bigwave

Actually, thinking about it, the I Love You's chapter was the most anticipated I think I just caught up in the moment (who can blame me?).

Willow's mini realisation that Tara's her girlfriend now was super cute. Poor Anya, Willow's never going to be fond of her no matter whether its in the show or in fan fiction lol.

Loved this bit:

Quote:
“Everyone,” Willow said, quick to reassure Tara. “I’m out to everyone, everywhere.” She smiled brightly as she angled her neck and saw a look of relief on the blonde’s face. “I plan on telling everyone at work about how I have this really sexy girlfriend when we get back into the office.” The blonde blushed brightly. “I’m probably gonna brag,” Willow said, delighting at the color of Tara’s cheeks. “That’s okay, right?”

And I think this line just sums up my feelings about the last 3 chapters:

Quote:
I was just so happy, I– I sorta felt like I'd split apart because of it, a-and sunshine would just burst through my skin and I'd explode. Poof."

Thanks again for the update, I really love the pace that its all progressing and the way the girls are working through all their significant moments and explaining how each other was feeling at the time.

Thanks,
Kim

Last edited by kimmy_s on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I'm really glad that they are talking about what has happened since that fateful day in the park...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Very sweet update. Thank you! The closeness, openness, and honesty was so touching. I am looking forward to seeing them interact with others and making Buffy get her head out of her ass.
:flower :wtkiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:17 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I forgive you for every cliffhanger, close call, false start and FLINCH :crash that you have ever subjected us to during this journey.

Even the painful parts of this update, The Shelia Monster, Buffy, Morgan...etc, were written lovingly.

This was a nice, long update with just the right amounts of seXXX, painful admissions, forgiveness and most importantly, unconditional Love.

I Lmao at World Wide Willow when she said she was out to everyone, EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Great Update and I'm glad Buffy and the Xan-Man are gonna hash things out and I absolutely LOVE the name for Tara's new masterpiece!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

That......was amazing. Seriously amazing. Talking, pure awesomeness. I dunno. Amazing. And yes I found my wife, she's right where I left her. Which considering the hour means in bed, asleep.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Heather,

That was an extraordinary chapter. So many mixed emotions, so well expressed.

I enjoy reading light-hearted, escapist romances, where the protagonists overcome obstacles and misunderstandings, before reaching their happily-ever-after. The emotional shifts from despair to joy are clean cut and absolute, and very satisfying in their way. Of course, a week later, I can’t recall the stories or the characters at all.

When I started reading Neverland I expected it to be that kind of story. I imagined that Willow would come out, and then she and Tara would discover their feelings for each other with surprise and unalloyed joy and everyone would be happy for them. Happily-ever-after, in fact.

But you’ve written realistic, layered characters, with lives and histories beyond the confines of their romance, so it couldn’t be a conventional, formulaic ending. A kiss - roll credits scene would have undermined the whole story.

I think I first realised that things were going to be a bit more complicated when each woman began to suspect that her feelings were returned, at least in some degree. It was a lot more credible than the idea that they would spend so much time together and remain completely oblivious. That messy, real life uncertainty led on to the flinch and created more grief for Tara and more guilt to add to Willow’s heavy load.

Then the coming out scenes themselves felt painfully realistic. I remember writing that I hoped there would be some space between those heart-wrenching events and Tara and Willow’s getting together. Willow wanted to banish those memories too, and enjoy the happiest night of her life. She wanted to be in a bubble containing just her and Tara, where the past and other people didn’t matter. But that could only really happen in a fairy tale.

In these chapters, they’re starting a life together, not ending a story, so of course Willow can’t shut out such a huge part of her experience. Neither can Tara, so although she tries not to increase Willow’s guilt, she can’t deny the effect the last three years had on her. Having Willow now makes all that she went through worthwhile, but it doesn’t erase it.

One of the revelations that really impressed me, though it might seem minor in the scheme of things, was Tara’s admission of her feelings towards Xander. Tara keeps urging Willow to forget the past, but as she is honest enough to admit herself, it really isn’t that easy. She can’t instantly switch and see Xander as a wonderful man.

Although they aren’t always completely open with each other, the truth telling, now it’s started, seems an irresistible force. A lot of illusions need to be shattered before Tara and Willow can build a strong and lasting relationship.

The sadness was so well interwoven with joy and even humour. I really enjoyed Tara’s persistent challenging of Willow’s dislike for Anya. It felt like a glimpse into their future relationship when they have the confidence in each other to disagree.

And I was happy to see that Buffy and Xander’s conversation is going to be in person. Buffy brooding, in isolation, on her place in her friends’ lives could only make things worse - far better to get her anger and sense of betrayal out in the open.

The final scene, of Willow, sitting alone in the dark, haunted by her mother’s words and by her own mistakes, was very affecting. You’d wish Buffy could be a fly on the wall, to see it. Tara does her best to comfort her, but she knows that there are no magic words to make it all better.

It was such a lovely chapter, Heather, that will linger in my mind for a long time.

Your comments on the way the story developed were so interesting. Thanks for taking the time. I do know what it’s like to have a story evolve; how one scene suggests another and so on. But I think it’s obvious that encompassing that process, you had a clear idea of the overall arc of the story and where you wanted your characters to go. I’ve read fanfic where the author has written herself into a dead end and can’t finish, and it’s a shame, because sometimes the story is a really promising one.

I’m such a painfully slow writer, that the idea of completing a half million word novel is incredible to me. And the knowledge that you have 50,000 words of just bits and pieces makes me weep. It’s some achievement. If you ever do decide to write another story, I’ll be more than happy to write feedback in whatever form you like, and I imagine many others of your readers would say the same.

Clare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:32 pm 

:banana :eatme :banana :eatme :banana :eatme

After reading that you love the bananas, I just wanted to give you some.
Let me start saying that I feel bad for not commenting to the previous chapter before. It was perfect, loving and sexy with the little funny moments, such a wonderful decription of their first time.

And then this latest chapter...again great, but kind of an emotional rollercoaster for me. First the "easy" start, yay for Buffy going to Xander to clear the air between them, and the wonderful continuation of Tara's and Willow's lovemaking.
But the rest was really intense, so intense I actually had to stop reading when they fell asleep for the first time and go for a long walk. I know this sounds really strange, but I hope you take it as a compliment to your great writing skills, you really have me care so deeply for these characters that reading about them being in this kind of emotional "turmoil" affects me acutely.

It's so in character that Willow is turning on herself with self-reproach, threatened to be overwhelmed by regrets and "what-ifs". Thank god she has Tara here to pull her out of it, letting her know again and again that while they can't (and probably shouldn't) forget all the negative feelings of the past three years, they will be okay because they have each other now. I'm so glad that Tara told Willow she is proud of her. And I loved those passages too:

Quote:
"But three years..." Willow repeated, her voice shaky and unsure.

"Three years," Tara nodded. "But think of how many years we have now."

Quote:
"What if they're never okay with this," the redhead asked, briefly lifting their joined hands, her voice vulnerable. "What if they're never okay with me?" She looked up and Tara saw everything in the way the moonlight caught the white of Willow's large eyes. The fear, the uncertainty. The vulnerability and the hurt. The blonde pursed her lips to bite back crying, and after internally composing herself, spoke.

"Then I'll still love you." The blonde looked down. "I know it's not much–"

"It's everything,” Willow interrupted, squeezing Tara’s hands.

So beautiful! I'm so glad that you're not Shakespeare or some other dramatist who would probably kill one or both of them as soon as possible. I really have trust that you're Willow and Tara will live together happily until they're old and grey. If you don't want to write the sixty years plus they'll spend together in great detail (I certainly would read it gladly!) I'm hoping for some kind of epilogue (like the last Harry Potter chapter, you know "XX years later"...)

But before that there is much more to say concerning their present, and I'm joyfully expecting every minute of it! :flower :wtkiss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

oh mY GOD IT UPDATED!!!!

I was just listening to "Let's Get Lost" earlier, and I remembered this fic existed. So I decided to check it out, since I hadn't gotten a notification from this thread in a while, and I found out that there were like four or five chapters I hadn't read and WILL AND TARA GOT TOGETHER FINALLY! I'm sort of freaking out a little, it's been so long in the making...

Excellent chapters, really, they were infinitely better than I could have ever hoped or dreamed, and I'm gonna make sure I check this thread more often in case of secret updates ;P

Also, I have a playlist on my pc of all of Willow's "Real Me" cd except for the first track, "Tule Fog" by Charmless, but the only song I can even find with that name is by Susan James, and Charmless' discography doesn't have any tracks named "Tule Fog." I may just be the worst Googler ever, though... If anyone can link me to the song, or at least a place where I can listen to the song, I'd be ever so grateful since I've been searching for it for literally hours.

One more "OH MY GOD." Okay, I'm all good. Love this story so much!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:34 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

For some reason, maybe because it's 4AM, this made me super teary. It would have been so easy for them (and you, as the author) to have the last 3 weeks glossed over. But the fact that they had several long, painful conversations (on the same night they confessed their feelings, no less) just makes it so much more authentic. That they were able to keep talking, keep gravitating back to holding one another, says so much for the foundation that you've so carefully built up for them. They love each other, and they recognized that was the most important thing to keep coming back to.

I so, so appreciated how they didn't quite know how to comfort one another. Willow thinks at one point how she wants to go back to happy snuggling, and so much of that is because she doesn't know how to be there for Tara when she's upset and closed off. We really saw the contrast in how they process hurt here, and it was so, so well done. For instance, it would have been easy for Tara to get side tracked by Willow's panic and get caught up in reassuring her, but she didn't. They just continued having a hard, necessary conversation.

Finally, 18 year old me really, really loved that ending scene. I was initially sad we weren't in Willow's head, but on a second read-through, I like that we're disoriented along with Tara. It's very jarring to wake up to discover someone you care for in such distress, and I liked that Tara struggled, both in knowing what to say, and how much physical comfort to give to Willow. Tara's observation from earlier in the chapter about Willow's self loathing is really apt, and i hope you continue to address that. Where Tara is sad about how things have played out over the last few years, Willow is incredibly angry with herself (great, great characterization , by the way). I like that she didn't allow herself to be comforted right away, and that Tara had to ask her to come back to bed.

I really think Tara needs to push Willow to keep talking about this. After all, if she hadn't woken up to see Willow sitting at the window, when would they have had that conversation? Willow is so focused on self recrimination and making up for lost time, she's not allowing herself to grieve the end of her relationship with her mom. Or maybe i'm just majorly projecting, who the hell knows. I just know that I reread the "I'm proud of you" bit for a third time and started crying all over again.

There's more I could say, but I feel like I've rambled on too long as it is. So, thank you. Thank you for not glossing over the rough stuff. Thank you for not making their relationship instantly blissful and instinctive. Thank you for Willow not wanting Tara to go down on her, and for Tara regretting not having a friendship with Xander. Mostly though, thank you for reading this rambling post. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Sorry it has taken me a few days to come and write feedback. I wanted to stew on what I read in the latest update and read over it a couple times. This is a very dense chapter in a very good way. I'm happy you started with Buffy knocking on Xander's door and was rather entertained by his reaction. I'm glad she went directly to him and while I think that conversation will be full of sparks and emotions I think it will go a long way toward healing things between Buffy and Xander and Willow and Buffy as well.
The time with W/T was very well done. You are having to walk the edge of a sword blade with their relationship right now. If they completely ignore the past three years the relationship would not survive as there would be no trust and no foundation. On the other hand if they get sucked into the "what ifs" and "could have beens" they would find themselves in the midst of personal demons that even a Vampire Slayer couldn't handle. You are doing a masterful job of finding the balance between these sweet, hot, incredibly loving moments and the hard conversations about what has happened. I'm really happy they both know the truth about what really happened at the end of their perfect day in the park and that they didn't get stuck in it. Yes there is regret and sadness but as Tara pointed out, look how many years they have in front of them. The chapter ended poignantly with Willow sitting in the dark alone like she has been for the most part over the past three years processing through her fear and pain over her horrid conversation with her Mother and then having Tara wake and see her there and to truly be there for Willow. It is a powerful scene to read as Willow gets to realize she is not alone, it is okay to be afraid, and Tara really does love her and is there for her. It is also a reminder that morning will come and they will have to deal with reality again.
Speaking of reality, it will be Monday morning. Do I see the hard working Willow Rosenberg calling off from work? When will Tara tell her the meaning of the painting in the livingroom and show her the masterpiece inspired by Willow? What is Tara going to do for her four paintings for the show? How will everyone else including Marissa and Anya react to the wonderful news that Tara and Willow are now together? I wait, impatiently, for the next update.
-H.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

My feedback will be coming soon. In the meantime I feel compelled to release the following statement (I cannot guarantee your safety if you stare at the sappiness too long):

I do not approach the hotness of Neko Case or of my own amazing wife. I am, however, so incredibly lucky to have been chosen by her (my wife, not Neko Case) to share this amazing journey. She is so beautiful, such a brilliant writer and a loving partner. She's also a super amazing mom who makes the best pancakes in the world.

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."
Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm 

Yes, because only the truly gifted can follow the directions on a box of Bisquick.

:bigkiss :bigkiss I love you, you goof. :blush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I saw your name and thought it was an update, bugger!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello!

Not that I would be presumptuous enough to believe that my absence of commenting has hurt anyone lol, but I do apologize for not keeping up with these amazing updates. More for myself than anything :) It's been a pretty awful last two months, so imagine the insanely happy surprise of finding that my favorite story had been updated several times since my last sign on! Just what my bruised mind needed :)

First, let me say the writing was amazing as usual. I know I am redundant in my saying that seeing as how every time I comment I say your writing is amazing, but IMHO it is something that deserves to be remarked upon every damn time.

Second, holy crap with these updates. I gotta say, sure you know how to keep us readers on the line, but when you deliver.... you de-li-VER. Every one of us has been waiting for them to finally find each other through this intoxicating maze of a story, and of course when they finally do, you wrote their coupling beautifully. And also very human. What I mean to say is that these updates felt very organic and truthful, which perfectly matches the rest of the story. I find that a lot of times in longer stories or in fics in which the girls start out apart and eventually become a couple, the interaction between the two tends to.... change? For lack of a better term? Idk, it tends to vary from the initial chemistry that sparks in the beginning. Almost like once they become a couple who they are as individual characters change, and that never sits well with me. (Like I'm some literary critic or something lol) However, I think you did a good job of keeping true to the thread of how the girls are individually as well as how they act with each other. Just because they're a couple now doesn't mean they aren't still the people they always were: kinda awkward at times, daring at others, unsure but wanting to make things work. Right? Right.

Following that train of thought, kuddos on the love scenes girl. Perfect mix of steamy and sweet. Makes for a yowza of a read."Yowza" you say? Idk it sounds lame but it felt right. Moving on, I loved the way showed how a persons first time with someone would most likely be. It was nice to read a story where the characters don't just fall into bed and know exactly what each other likes. The learning of each other really helped keep this natural and it didn't feel forced, which some love scenes do. I bow to you for that.

And lastly (finally), the most important thing was how you kept the reality of the situation. Just because they finally got together doesn't mean all of the problems in their world go away. Nor did it mean that they had everything figured out and they could just float away into some obscure land of happy. There are still things that need to be dealt with and you showed that. There's still things the girls need to figure out, reckon with, settle, what have you, and that was a nice touch. Also, the dealing with past hurts. What could have been a truly heart wrenching scenario, I at least feel, was written very subtly and sweetly. You showed how the girls don't want to hurt each other, or be hurt themselves, but they HAVE to deal with it before they can move forward to anything truly tangible. Just lovely, smart writing.

Well that was incredibly long winded but HEY! I missed some updated so I had some literary adoration built up :) As always, amazing updates. Hope we're not too too close to the end? *Gentle nudge to write more* Take care of yourself!

-Andi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 pm 
8. Vixen

Whether an update is sad or happy, your story always manages to make me happy and I hope we will get a bunch more updates until the story finds its end (and I will be very sad when that happens).
I loved how they talked about so many things despite this being their first night where they should be on cloud nine. You write not only the "sexy" parts really well but also their conversations. Willow still has a lot of healing to do, I just hope Buffy will come around soon (I am really glad that she went to see Xander!)
Can't wait for everyone's reactions to :wtkiss (especially Morgan's).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm doubling down on my feedback again. Poor me, had to go back and read both part 73 and 74 again. :drool

By the way, I think I can say that you are undisputedly the best feedback responder out there. You give good response. Like really, really good. You are just as thorough with that as you are with the updates. I expect all the kittens really appreciate that, as I do.

So enough with the flattery, and on to... well, more flattery ;)

Part 73

I think someone mentioned this already, but this part definitely had the best note I have ever seen. Love it!
Quote:
Notes: This is not a DREEEEEEEEEEEAM! /Oprah voice

I'm going to bullet point what I loved because there was just so much there that made me happy:
-Both girls going towards their own rooms at the top of the stairs. I wracked my brain trying to think of a sitcom with two characters living together, and much like never seeing a character use the toilet, you never see them confused on which room to go to for the sexy time. I loved this little detail. You are the master of the realistic detail.
-"I don't think you could stop me if I went down," Tara countered, the back of her legs bumping into the bed as they stopped, and the redhead arched her eyebrows mischievously, delighting at the unintended double entendre. -- HAHA!
-The nervousness, again with the realistic interaction
-Willow's sweaty hands
-Admitting that they have fantasized about each other
-Talking about being nervous... they are such lesbian lesbians! Talk everything out. I adore this part of the update.
-The banter
-Tara's bra and underwear check
-"I love your hips," Tara said, flexing her fingers for effect.
-Tara needing a "break" from Willow touching her breasts; this just made the scene ever hotter, if that's possible
-THIS:
Quote:
Willow slid her free hand up Tara's back, stopping when her fingers hit her bra's clasp. "Is this o-“

"Yes," Tara interrupted breathily.

-That's what she said
-The paint on Tara's toes
-Willow's vulnerability

The whole update was just everything you could imagine for their first time - sweet, sensual, sexy, adorable, loving, funny. I don't know how you made it all those things so seamlessly, but you did. Amazing. Just when I thought you had captured their first kiss and I love yous perfectly, this is even more perfect. Their first time is so honest and real, and had we ever seen the canon first time between Willow and Tara I imagine it to be just like this. You have their characters so right, it hurts.

How about a little of this for you -
:dumbo :bigkiss :eatme :banana :kiss :bounce :flower :dance :dumbo

Part 74 up next, in case I don't get to it today...

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

On to Part 74

First, I cannot wait for the Buffy/Xander show down! We only saw that little glimpse, but I am so happy you are going to finish the interaction that is waiting for them.

I loved the after sex talking in this update. They are definitely sweet and adorable together, but they also get a lot of serious issues out there and it gets kind of heavy. Thank god it goes back to being sexy. I don't mind the serious talk as long as it's followed up with serious loving.

I also love the honest way they both talk about what they want, and what they are comfortable with. Very realistic, even down to the words they use. And the communication continues through the love making which is so lovely, because it just makes it hotter and better. Add to that the way you also describe how Willow feels and how excited she gets as she's making love to Tara - just love that.

Again with the wonderful little details:
-Tara's cold lips
-Willow discretely wiping her face on the sheets
-Willow riding Tara's hand (okay that wasn't so much a detail as a part I just really loved)
-Tara noticing the bruise on Willow's knee
-Morgan hate
-Anya hate
-Xander hate
-Hate being a strong word ;)

Our girls really got a lot of emotional topics out in the open, which is so nice because we the reader gets the resolution to so many incidents throughout the story. Thank you.

The last part was definitely the heaviest - seeing Willow finally acknowledge the interaction she had with her Mom and start to process it. So painful! I look forward to seeing her move through that and heal from it.

Loved, loved, loved this update so much! Wonderful job and though I have no idea how much more there is, I will cherish every word we have left. xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh, I forgot this...

:bounce :bow :bow :bow :dumbo :dumbo :banana :eatme :eatme :eatme :banana :banana :banana :banana :eatme :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :flower :flower :flower :flower :wtkiss :wtkiss :wtkiss :wtkiss :laugh :laugh :laugh :heart :heart

:) :grin :grin :)

:dance :dance :dumbo :dumbo :dance :dance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:52 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Okay, wonder why she's returning the earrings. Otherwise, yes, want to see all the Buffy showdowns and reconciliations.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

@DaddyCatALSO because the earrings were from Annabelle's and thats a bit too funky for Buffys taste. She doesn't really like jewelry like that.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Awesome update! So glad that they are slowly starting to talk in depth about their feelings for each other over the past couple years.
Looking forward to Buffy and Xanders conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Heya dear Heather,
sorry it took me so long.
wanted to share my feelings a little bit if that's alright. :)

I feel like it has been a mix of happiness, but also - a lot of emptiness. It's been years of reading this deep yearning, and it's somehow sad, melancholic to let that go in certain ways. There's something cleansing in yearning, something it's hard to explain. Like grief maybe? either way, this is not to mean that the writing itself wasn't great, which it really was. Willow absolutely rocks. I wish Tara's more confidant self would resurface though :) Her difficulties are super human and understandable, but one of the things I loved the most was how competent Tara is, and I can't wait for her to get comfortable with sex and start being more comfortable. There were a few moments full of utter grace, that I loved. As commented before me.. The bra wondering, the "something funky" comment. Willow's determination, how she stepped up and went all in. I really think the world of her for it. I absolutely can't wait for Buffy and Xander's conversation. As opposed to many, though it must have hurt Willow, I think Buffy's attitude was also admirable - to care that much is huge. I really wanna see it. And of course see people's reaction to the newly formed couple. :)

Thank you so much. Happy March!

P.S here's a poem for this. I think poems in my feedback became my thing.

You

Uninvited, the thought of you stayed too late in my head,
so I went to bed, dreaming you hard, hard, woke with your name,
like tears, soft, salt, on my lips, the sound of its bright syllables
like a charm, like a spell.

Falling in love
is glamorous hell; the crouched, parched heart
like a tiger ready to kill; a flame's fierce licks under the skin.
Into my life, larger than life, beautiful, you strolled in.

I hid in my ordinary days, in the long grass of routine,
in my camouflage rooms. You sprawled in my gaze,
staring back from anyone's face, from the shape of a cloud,
from the pining, earth-struck moon which gapes at me

as I open the bedroom door. The curtains stir. There you are
on the bed, like a gift, like a touchable dream.

Carol Ann Duffy, Rapture

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Don't kill me, any who had false hopes raised by bump.

It's just, is their no end to my selfishness as a reader. I mean, our girls are finally officially dating, and have ,err, consummated said relationship. And yet I'm still dying to know what happens next. The remainder isn't merely epilogue; the story still has integral elements yet to be seen. And I wanna see 'em, :cry :impatient :cry waaah! :-)(-:

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

*biggest grin ever* literally -years- in the making.... Willow and Tara finally get together in this fic. Seriously, longest build up ever, and worth the wait. For the longest time I was so afraid to find this story abandoned, so I stayed away... I've been feeling nostalgic and wanted to re-read a few of my old favorite fics.. :3 i was beyond estatic to read posts hinting at recent neverland updates...

I just want to say, thank you, Heather.. So much. For not giving up on your writing for us. You came back for visits and updates through all of your life's struggles/craziness over the past 9(?) years... That's a level of commitment I've found to be very rare. It gets to a point where it's just easier to give up on a story... Thank you for hanging in there and continuing to bring smiles to our faces.. :flower :flower :heart :flower :flower

Just reading the most recent update now... I think Pandora is even on my side with playing music fitting for the read... I've always seen Coldplays "the scientist" as a willow/Tara song.. It Reflects on the highs and lows of their relationship, and Willow's plea for Tara's forgiveness for the things she's done... It started playing while reading willow and Tara's heart to heart about their misreading each others actions/feelings.. That song/moment pairing just made the Chapter for me.. So smitten.. :flirt :flower :flirt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:49 am 
3. Flaming O

I wanted to write a big, massive, insightful feedback. And I might. But right now, I'm just basking in the contentment that our girls are going to be okay. I'm also noodling the reality that this story has been in the making for ten years. I don't know about yall, but the last ten years for me RL have completely changed me. I wanted to say the last post was my last post, but I just couldn't let go after Willow's flinch. Something kept eating at me, "What about Neverland?" Chalk it up to human emotional need for resolution. I would check the board periodically for this story alone, so I can't even say that I've come out of lurkdom.

Heather, thank you for this story. Not only for the story itself, but for how you tell it. You make these familiar characters so relatable and real, and that is the draw of Neverland, as well as endless opportunity for us kittens to be armchair analyzers of the two main over-analyzers (Willow and Tara). I love how you have given each character relatable layers, even making Oz sympathetic to an audience that is predisposed to be anything but sympathetic. Props on making it believeable as opposed to contrived as a mere plot device. Willow's realization of Oz as her beard made me giggle.

I also really liked the insight into Marissa and Michelle's past/their empathy for Tara's position with Willow. Their bickering over Willow is gay/not gay was hilarious, and thank you for pulling back enough to keep Tara's perspective in play. It's one thing for us to analyze it and say she should do this or that, but it's up to her to live it out.

*snerk* "Marissa Davis calling for Willow" loved that bit.

I also really really liked that Willow and Tara didn't shy away or retreat from the hard conversation they needed to have in the next to last update. Like I said in a previous feedback, in life you achieve your dreams then you get new dreams. I can totally see you spinning this story out for forever: marriage, kids, Europe, etc, etc. The possibilities really are endless.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
[quote“You have a little bit of paint on your toes,”quote]

I loved this. It felt like there was this beautiful sex scene about to happen, and maybe everything was about to explode from the tension (that did not sound so bad in my head), and then you slipped this quiet, thoughtful moment in... it was like a candle being lit. I don't know. It was just great. :sighagain

And of course the sex was great as well. :drool :drool :drool

Also I loved the opening of Buffy and Xander's (mostly Buffy's) Great Showdown... and now I'm picturing cowboy hats, slow nods, and pistols. Now you've got me all on edge imagining what's going to happen next. And Buffy hasn't even talked to Tara yet. What fun!

I remain as ever in awe of your genius, :bow
Yellow.

"Alternate universes don't stay put. Trying to send him to a specific place is sort of like ... like ... trying to hit a ... puppy, by throwing a live bee at it. Which is a weird image, and you should all just forget it."
-Willow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I owe feedback on a lot of chapters, but I realized with work being what it is, your story might be done before I could post;) I actually want to discuss more about the story but I'm too tired to go in depth.

It is so well written and is a joy to read. I feel that you handled their coming together is a sweet yet truthful way for the characters - nerves, lust, and love. I too am looking forward to the Xander /Buffy chat. My fear is Buffy has gotten herself so wound up (she drove to SoCal for heaven's sake), that she may have difficulty hearing anybody else. Bringing back the jewelry gift, seems like she just wants to strike back. Now it time to see how Xander's skills on smoothing things over.

I think it shows the strength of this story that we just aren't interested in our favorite couple, but care how all the threads of the story work out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

oh dear heather I'm dying here. maybe because I had waited for some cosmic gift for my birthday that def didn't happen (13th march) but I'm craving bad. I'm not usually one for nagging but i had a few drinks for my friend's birthday so I'm less self conscious. it's what it is. either way, please unfold these current events, can't wait to have them shopping at good vibrations and celebrating their couple-y future. and such.

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:30 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I cant believe it has been months since I've checked the board. I dont feel deserving of the wonderful updates waiting for me every time but, here they are. Beautifully and perfectly written, waiting to brighten my day. You're absolutely amazing Heather. Willow and Tara's relationship continues to be more mesmerising and heart warming every time. Thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next