The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111
 Post subject: Re: New Fic - Neverland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:45 am 
3. Flaming O

So, we didn't get an update as a christmas present, but I still have hope because I noticed that since the most recent chapter was posted February 13th 2014, we are soon reaching the 2-years-mark. Wouldn't it be spectacular if February 13th 2016 would bring us Part 75? Please, please, please make it happen! :pray :pray :pray I would be forever grateful!

Last edited by Will's redemption on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:48 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey, my 50th post opened page 111 of this story...I take that as good omens... :grin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I had a dream last night that this fic got an update. It remains one of my favorites in any fandom. :flower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:27 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Great story, but, looks like I have some catching up to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Hi!

I haven't commented on this fabulous piece of writing since waaaaaaaay back in the early 00's when it was first being posted.

I just finished re-reading it up through it's most recent update from two years back.

GAWHTDAMMIT this is an exceptionally written fic. :sheep

Anyway, I just wanted to mention something I noticed on this most recent read-through...

Heather, genius that you are, you may have done this purposefully, you may have done this accidentally (you may even have commented on this already...) but however or why-ever you did it... this is what I noticed:

Chapter 73 has the same musical acceleration, deceleration, acceleration, climax, resolution that the final track of Willow's "Real Me" CD - 'Your Hand in Mine' has. A reader could (and I, in fact, did) listen to the track while reading the chapter and it almost lines up perfectly as an underscore. (Factoring in how quickly or slowly a person reads, of course).

To this I say BRAVA you effing genius!!

Cheers,
DW

EDITED TO ADD: The same can be true of reading the beginning of Chapter 44 while listening to Tina Dico's "Let's Get Lost".... humina, humina, humina :drool

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:59 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Dear Heather,

So, I haven't visited this website probably since you posted your last chapter, so definitely more than a year, but I came back today because I felt like sharing. You probably don't remember me, but long story short, I'm a 25-year-old student from Belgium. As of January this year, I moved to the Bay Area to study for one semester at Berkeley, University of California. I was lucky enough to win a grant that allowed me to do so (for, incidentally, creative writing). Which meant that, hey! Suddenly I got really, really close to San Francisco. Considering how grateful I am to have gotten the chance, I decided to make the most of it, so I've gone into SF several times now to see the sights, and very often when I did, I had to think of this fic.

Today, at last, I went to see the Golden Gate Park. I saw the Dutch Windmill and the tulip garden (though no tulips, because it was out of season), I saw the bison and the casting pools; I saw the Japanese Garden and the Botanical Garden; hell, I even bought a pretzel. I came to your fic because of Willow and Tara, so I never expected to one day use it as a tourist guide, but here we are. So I just wanted to thank you again, not only for how you've depicted our girls, but also for how you've described the city. Today especially, when I was walking around, I kept thinking, "Willow and Tara went here," which then made me snort at myself for being so ridiculous, but I see it as the result of great penmanship. And like I said, I haven't visited this website in ages, but today I felt like I had to, just to tell you this.

Stay stupendous,
Helena

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

Today I introduced a friend of mine to Mad as the Snow (as well as Kitchens of Distinction) and told her about how I first heard of the song here and subsequently listened to more of the band's music.

So thanks for sharing your love of music and know that it and this story are still having an impact.

...and I see that I have been away too long and missed some updates, so I'm off to reread. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:00 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

"Real Me" Playlist for all you die-hards out there

https://8tracks.com/takeitdownanotch/neverland#

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
lslev18 , you are a rock star!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:01 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Re-read this amazing story over the last week. Still one of my favorite WT stories!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:00 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Sorry that this is not an update
More than a bump, this has the potential to be a meteor collision.
It's 2017 and I finally caught up where I had left (like...the end of 2010), and to say many things have happened since then is a understatement.
I hesitated A LOT before writing this feedback because of a few reasons....
A) It's gonna be a long one, since I got +20 chapters to cover in awe and admiration; :party
B)I'm kinda afraid you aren't going to finish it, even though you said a thousand times that you would, so my awfully long comment would be highly ignored :cry
C) I'm writing it all from my cellphone, do I even remember my password?? (Answer: I didn't, had to change it, also put a more actual pic of me :P) (sorry if it gets confusing along the way, I was writing while I read each update and now am editing)
D) It was a bit hurtful to read your story because in 2011 basically passed through the exact same situation, on Tara's point of view. "Pining" on a straight-to-the world girl, and even as things kinda rolled more as if she was Jill.... I still have hopes we can still be something along the lines of good friends or something. The main difference is that we were best friends first.
The confusion, hurt and almost madness Tara went through before sensing Willow ~might~ be onto her, was palpable and described perfectly what I was feeling. I almost sensed as the delay on reading it all was the universe saying "Hey, maybe you should wait, let's go back to reading it when it's finished so you can see what happened and if it's worthy to have those hopes up!". Ok, maybe not so much as the universe but me telling myself..... Maybe there's some sense of enclosure in finishing reading this story. Maybe I can move on if I read it all and feel it all? Just kidding, I'm doing other things besides that (update: we worked things out and don't speak to eachother anymore, but we're good).
E) I couldn't post the whole thing since it is HUGE and I'm trying since 2016. Now I'm trying to divide it in parts

Last edited by PalomaMartinBR on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm 
2. Floating Rose

But anyways, your writing is so real. There was a paragraph in chapter 42 that simply.... Spoke to me because the very same thing happened to me in the very same week I read it... I won't be able to quote it from here because I was reading at uber, but I copied!

"Tara sighed. She wanted to talk about this with someone, but who? She had almost said to Michelle at the gallery earlier, "I'm in love with Willow and I'm confused," before chickening out. Partially, because she knew that if she said it out loud, it would be real, something tangible that she'd be forced to take action on, whether in admitting the feelings to Willow, or letting go, and partially because she didn't know Michelle well enough to envision what her reaction to the news would be, and that scared her. Marissa, Tara knew, would lecture her on "pining for a straight girl;" Anya who would tell her to act, consequences be damned. Michelle's unknown reaction, however, had kept the blonde quiet."

At the time I had only my psychologist to tell, because of the dreadful feeling of "aren't you over that YET?" that hanged every time I brought my 'Jill' up, but I'm dealing better now :wink
I love it that you give such an importance to the mundane, the simple things, the delicate interactions that may or may not mean something more, it's truly a gift. Thank you for that. I, in that matter, agree so much with you, writing the little things are necessary, even if it takes more time. And I looooove human interaction, I'm fascinated by it. How did I or that make you feel? What do you think about when we hang? Do you zone out or pay super attention to everything? What do you think about that? I'm a huge dork that feeds on human nature, I know, can't help it (also, taking psychology in college :love ). Partially this is also one of the reasons I really thought about not writing this almost-the-size-of-an-chapter-update comment, 'cause maybe you won't have time or want to comment about it all. But I'm doing it anyway because I don't know of any other way of thanking you, do you take gifts? Flowers in a non-romantic way? I don't know, I want to show that I recognize your work and appreciate it a lot :) special kudos or something! :clap :applause :bow

But wow, you must be so different now! It's been 12 years since you first started this, that's a lifetime (for a cat, maybe) of a story!!! I don't think you'll remember me, I have no hopes of that, but looking back at 2010, when I registered (because of this fic, to leave feedback, and on another profile, PalomaMartinBR), I was 14, a hell of a fan girl (hope you got used to having real fans), asking if I could translate Neverland to Portuguese, I wanted the whole Brazilian fandom to have access to this brilliant and heartbreaking -and at the same warming- story. Your son was a baby, now must be a wonderful kid, (how is he?) I'm so happy for you ^^
I'm 21 now, and still as hooked as when I got here, I even remember that I found this because of a orkut community about Buffy, and Neverland was listed as one of the best W/T fics, even though incomplete. Life is a wonderful thing. Because of this fic I got to know the Kitten Board and a huge lot of other quality fics, and to me, the only author that compares to you in the sense of perfect and smooth writing is Lisa Countryman, and she left Milestones incomplete(I'm still devastated about that). Please don't do the same? :pray

part 2 of the feedback because apparently I can't post it whole :/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 pm 
2. Floating Rose

That said, let me "begin" saying what a wonderful thing was Morgan all respecting with Tara, giving her space to be with Willow, and not diminishing, but au contraire, declaring her interest for the blonde. That was so, so mature and interesting to see! It made me ache for the brunette, hope she gets a happy ending somewhere, please don't forget about her, you got me almost wishing someone like that in my life. Edit: (reading part 57) YOU GONNA PUT HER WITH THE WONDERFUL WAITRESS AREN'T YA??? :pinky Oh wait, what with the cat-eating-canary grin, maybe she's just attracted to the "wildcat in bed/ sex machine" Morgan?:/ nah, find a better person for her? :pray :kiss1

part 3 weee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 pm 
2. Floating Rose

(I officially have no idea of the pattern of acceptance of posts because some huge post are allowed to be posted and some don't? Help?) haha
Also very recognizable the way Tara begins to doubt her conceptions about Willow's motives for listening to certain songs, and even questioning her straightness, getting the clues together, it makes me happy and itching to see the end of this, but at the same time I think I'm gonna mourn it when it finally comes to an end (cause I'm positive that you WILL finish it, right?). Oooooh, and amazing transition between the "if I say this out loud it will become true" fear from Tara telling anyone about her feelings for Willow, to the "if I say it out loud it might not be true" insecurity of telling Buffy the same thing. It shows such emotional evolution, which is also why I love your writing as well <3
Now I got myself thinking if I can be considered an old-timer in this fic, maybe yeah, because of the 6 years waiting for it to be finished... But maybe not because of the 12 year-ish fans? Nevertheless, I consider lil' old me a part of this tiny huge universe that you build so wonderfully. Thank you for this. Thank you so much for giving emotion, movement, work, and much of yourself into this. I think we kittens who stood 'till the end should each receive a badge or trophy with something along the lines of "Lived to see Neverland begin and end", I myself consider that such an achievement! Please don't leave us hanging forever, it would be the ultimate angst :whip

(part four)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Quote chapter 56 "What would she do if Willow's not what she was setting her up to be?" That's a maddening thought, for me at least.

About chapter 58, where Willow avoids talking to Buffy on IM, I totally understood too. Face-to-face conversations, way better, and I couldn't be fake neither. I had a boyfriend once who sensed we were about to break up and he kept calling me asking if I was going to break up with him, and I simply couldn't talk about that over the phone, I would just end up doing that on that moment, and I think people deserve more, specially if they're in a important position in your life (Buffy being best friend and me with the boyfriend).

OMG WILLOW FLINCHED, I literally screamed of frustration because of that and because of the cliffhanger and I was without internet and couldn't load the next page, you never got me rushing past all the comments just to see what happens next, but this did it.
I totally loved how you explained the title, I thought it was Neverland because it took forever for them to get together :lol and it only took 60 chapters to explain it XD question: did you think about the title's explanation way before writing the fic or nah, it just happened?

About the first update about the day in the park, in the beginning it actually felt boring to me, because they passed through so much stuff already and we got to see how it was before that, so I kinda had no patience for that right there, I don't think I managed to make myself very clear.... But as the chapter went on I was like "hey...this is actually a different kind of interesting, not boring!", it's like you jumped from a really complicated and angst-y phase (not that I like to suffer, but enjoy deep stuff) to a much simpler and innocent time, but then it made me realize nothing is ever so simple, so is life, so yay :applause

/port faa'hv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Part 64 was so cute!! There's a Taylor Swift song - You Are In Love - that totally reminds of this fic, then in this park chapter you talk about Tara getting a glimpse of Willow's profile and her necklace sparkling in the sunlight so it fit with the song and I was like "aaaawwwwwnnnnn :3 " :bigkiss

Part 65a was even cutier (pardon me if that word does not exist) !!!!! Delightful, really! Made me feel all giggly and cozy <3
65b: if I had to choose a super power, it would be teleporting, I've thought a LOT about it, because it applies as flying, time stopping, and no more money on transportation is spent :) also, uber cute update!! -Just read a comment where you said you'd choose teleporting too, yay ^^

Part 67: loved the Buffy lines (amigo/amiga) and Riley!! I kinda like him, even though in the show he can be quite an ass.
Oooooohhhhhh The Day in the Park, the ~just paint~ one!!! Loved it!
''Willow's brow furrowed and she felt her skin go cold. "Why do you ask?" She croaked. She self-consciously brushed a lock of hair from her face; was her gayness showing?'' I laughed out really loud at that, also at the GAY NOW stamped on her forehead, so Willow xD
Jess and Jill, don't know why but those two interested about Tara stroke a funny bone somewhere... Jess and Jill, Jill and Jess haha :crazy
If someone didn't comment about it I wouldn't remember that Amber and pillar bit on OMWF, I loved it here too haha (wish Alyson had sang more :/)
You picture Riley like I remember him, smiling almost all the time, sometimes cockblocking and always not having a CLUE of what's going on /justkillmealready
Now reading the comments and answers for chapter 67 and on, I'm not much of a Sherlock Holmes, but pipsberg is your wife, isn't she? (If you'd like, I can erase that later) Maybe that's a long long shot, but wah, just asking.

Part 68: Ooohhh, the last Real Me song was so powerfully described, that was truly amazing, made me feel it all with Tara!!!
You are killing me with Tara's thoughts and feelings and "Should I go this path, should I believe this can be something else?" And her subconscious screaming "OMG THIS IS DANGEROUS" and I'm screaming YES SHE LOVES YOU and ouch, my heart. I'm on the verge of going crazy. :thud
The Willow part was wonderful, simply loved that she covered herself in Tara-scent to give her courage and motivation, would 10/10 do that too.

I just finished reading part 68, and you have me crying. Some person above was right, you do have a talent for writing beautiful, beautiful pain. It's....just life (no 'just paint' pun intended, but still..). Wow. Just...wow. The huge painting.. Masterpiece. I love that Marissa cares so much about Tara, thank you for that. And by the end of the painting I just wanted to sit in front of Tara, mirroring her sitting-and-hugging-legs position, giving her much needed space, but a "count on me/I'm here if you need me" stand. Strangely I don't see it very fit to give her a hug (even though I am a known hugger XD), I feel like that would suffocate her even more, so yeah, just be there for her.
I haven't even read it yet, but why do I feel that Sheila is about to rip my heart out of my chest and bite off pieces of it while I'm hurtfully staring? From what I remember of her on the show, I expect reeeeally bad stuff. Even though my coming out was way smooth-ier (if I can say that...), more like my mom asking if I was dating this girl and I blushed terribly and went "y....eah" and she was like "I knew it. *shakes head slowly and tsks*". Please don't kill me. :pray

partie seex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Part 69: Oh. I don't know what to say. I kind of feel numb, I don't know how to explain, I was going to say 'it wasn't so bad as I imagined it', but it was pretty bad, huh? For Willow, I mean. For me it was....ok. I think you portrayed Sheila perfectly. I kept her like a senseless monster, but she does feel. She's human. So again, thank you for that. Not that I agree with ANY of what she said or acted, but it made her true to the character, I think. I have to agree with WillowRulez, I wish my mom had reacted more, not just a weird shrug kind of disappointed I-don't-know-what-to-say-now act. At the same time, opposed to feeling numb from this coming out response, I really feel for Willow because of the type of person her mother is. How Sheila handles the dialogue, it's just. Like. My mom. No space for hearing if she doesn't want to hear, tries to find arguments for everything she doesn't agree, trying to control everything, doesn't even realize that's she's hurting Willow.... I could go on forever. So, yeah, I feel sorry for Willow for having a worse version of my mom. The coming out didn't hurt me, but the manipulative way Sheila talks to Willow did. She doesn't lash out, she's 'civilized', and later on she can say to herself "well I was polite, she couldn't possibly be hurt", and the way she dismisses everything Willow says/feels/does...ajhdjshdbsbdhd oh my...I might need therapy. :ashamed
Now reading your responses to 69, I understand your Sheila a little better. Fear can do a lot and change a lot of things too.
Observation: I kinda intensely dislike kimmy_s, because her signature spoiler'd me...but ok...

sevannn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Quick doubt, English not being my first language: what does AWOL means? My guess is Away With Another Lover.
Ohhh, you had another son :3 so amazing! Mind if I ask your age?

Part 70: Oh I love Michelle <3 <3 <3 love love love her! I sort of knew it would be her the person who Tara would open up to, don't know why... Maybe just wishful thinking that came real, and with the wife's bonus! The two woman's interactions and playing before bed was so cuuuute!! Thank you for that!! :dumbo

Mind if I ask what is harder to write, overall in this fic?

Also, I loved the backstory of Marissa and Michelle you gave to Deb, don't apologize, I for one appreciated that a lot! Can I get one of Morgan?:3 pretty please?:3 :pray

The final moment, the one we've waited years for, when they finally declared their undying love for each other was so, live! Real, not forced, and to me it kinda referred to the "Can we just skip it?" part on the show, it flowed so smoothly, I really enjoyed the whole thing. You got me drooling and excited in the finally-real sex parts, and again, so human, so real, funny, awkward, sexy, good! Amazing. Just don't stop there hahaha :applause :banana :bow :clap :dance :luv :happycry

/part hate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:30 pm 
2. Floating Rose

It's so weird to think of how much time has passed and how everyone must have changed, the board kind of losing movement and becoming a sanctuary. I get thoughtful that I have matured (at least a bit) alongside this fic, and even though now my first feedbacks embarrass me A LOT, I like that it's a part of this, and it's also a window in time, shows me how much I've changed, and I'm quite content with that :) butstillafangirlnonetheless :newbie

I re-read this for the 15357152th time, because I never "finished", as in getting to the last chapter you posted, but now I did it :pinky :party I took my time to read both the chapters and all the comments and answers, since they all complement each other, and the story wouldn't be quite the same without this amazing.....HUMAN INTERACTION (sorry, but not sorry :haha ). So now I'm left wondering if you forgot about Neverland, it's been two years since you last posted. But reading so many of your reassurances through the years that you WILL finish no matter how long it may take, I'm now kinda cuddled that I may have this story as a everyday part of my life until I'm very old or something. Is that really dumb or crazy? I'm sorry. It's just that I really really really appreciate it, it brings such a warm, nice, cozy feeling that you write so well... It's truly amazing. I'm probably going to print it and turn Neverland into a book once you're finished, hard leather cover with golden marked letters in the title and everything, just to sniff at the musty pages years later and feel it home again as I re-read it. :read Maybe even pass it to my next generation (when they're properly old enough to have finished the show, to both read the hot parts and to understand the beautiful nuances of this artwork). I am being deadly serious. Your writing is sublime, delicate....human. It truly is something I'd like to have physically to cherish even more and not have the fear of losing. You did that. :sheep
Thank you. Also, I hope I'm not sounding like a maniac or something. Sorry about that. :moo
Honestly, I'd like to give you a hug of appreciation for all you've been doing all these years. I mean, really, you kept your time for the family and real life issues but you considered us here too, and if for one of them to not interfere with the other it takes another 1, 2 years between updates, so be it, and I respect that :) you are amazing, go girl! :clap :bow :kiss1
P.S.: Also thank you for maintaining the importance of what the show did for me alive in my conscience :flower I tried to use as many emoticons as possible to try and ilustrate better how you made me feel, and now I'm looking at the clock, it only took me two hours and 20 minutes to organize this great feedback! You totally deserve it :kgeek
P.P.S.: Did you have another (a third) kid? You haven't updated in a long, long time hahahaha :tumble :lol

also, sorry to everyone that thought that this was an update, I just had to recognize this woman's amazing job.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:14 am 
3. Flaming O

WOW Paloma, that's some feedback! :clap I feel so awed by the work and time you invested in this! :bow

Now I'm fervently hoping that this epic feedback will give our beloved writer the nudge needed to post another update of this awesome story which is my favourite Willow-Tara-Story ever! This would really be as great as a dozen birthdays and christmases combined!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:12 am 
2. Floating Rose

Will's redemption wrote:
WOW Paloma, that's some feedback! :clap I feel so awed by the work and time you invested in this! :bow

Now I'm fervently hoping that this epic feedback will give our beloved writer the nudge needed to post another update of this awesome story which is my favourite Willow-Tara-Story ever! This would really be as great as a dozen birthdays and christmases combined!

Let us pray haha and on a note, it certainly took me more than 3 hours to write+post that haha I hope Heather appreciates it :kgeek

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111