The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111
 Post subject: Re: New Fic - Neverland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:45 am 
3. Flaming O

So, we didn't get an update as a christmas present, but I still have hope because I noticed that since the most recent chapter was posted February 13th 2014, we are soon reaching the 2-years-mark. Wouldn't it be spectacular if February 13th 2016 would bring us Part 75? Please, please, please make it happen! :pray :pray :pray I would be forever grateful!

Last edited by Will's redemption on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:48 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey, my 50th post opened page 111 of this story...I take that as good omens... :grin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I had a dream last night that this fic got an update. It remains one of my favorites in any fandom. :flower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:27 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Great story, but, looks like I have some catching up to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Hi!

I haven't commented on this fabulous piece of writing since waaaaaaaay back in the early 00's when it was first being posted.

I just finished re-reading it up through it's most recent update from two years back.

GAWHTDAMMIT this is an exceptionally written fic. :sheep

Anyway, I just wanted to mention something I noticed on this most recent read-through...

Heather, genius that you are, you may have done this purposefully, you may have done this accidentally (you may even have commented on this already...) but however or why-ever you did it... this is what I noticed:

Chapter 73 has the same musical acceleration, deceleration, acceleration, climax, resolution that the final track of Willow's "Real Me" CD - 'Your Hand in Mine' has. A reader could (and I, in fact, did) listen to the track while reading the chapter and it almost lines up perfectly as an underscore. (Factoring in how quickly or slowly a person reads, of course).

To this I say BRAVA you effing genius!!

Cheers,
DW

EDITED TO ADD: The same can be true of reading the beginning of Chapter 44 while listening to Tina Dico's "Let's Get Lost".... humina, humina, humina :drool

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:59 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Dear Heather,

So, I haven't visited this website probably since you posted your last chapter, so definitely more than a year, but I came back today because I felt like sharing. You probably don't remember me, but long story short, I'm a 25-year-old student from Belgium. As of January this year, I moved to the Bay Area to study for one semester at Berkeley, University of California. I was lucky enough to win a grant that allowed me to do so (for, incidentally, creative writing). Which meant that, hey! Suddenly I got really, really close to San Francisco. Considering how grateful I am to have gotten the chance, I decided to make the most of it, so I've gone into SF several times now to see the sights, and very often when I did, I had to think of this fic.

Today, at last, I went to see the Golden Gate Park. I saw the Dutch Windmill and the tulip garden (though no tulips, because it was out of season), I saw the bison and the casting pools; I saw the Japanese Garden and the Botanical Garden; hell, I even bought a pretzel. I came to your fic because of Willow and Tara, so I never expected to one day use it as a tourist guide, but here we are. So I just wanted to thank you again, not only for how you've depicted our girls, but also for how you've described the city. Today especially, when I was walking around, I kept thinking, "Willow and Tara went here," which then made me snort at myself for being so ridiculous, but I see it as the result of great penmanship. And like I said, I haven't visited this website in ages, but today I felt like I had to, just to tell you this.

Stay stupendous,
Helena

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

Today I introduced a friend of mine to Mad as the Snow (as well as Kitchens of Distinction) and told her about how I first heard of the song here and subsequently listened to more of the band's music.

So thanks for sharing your love of music and know that it and this story are still having an impact.

...and I see that I have been away too long and missed some updates, so I'm off to reread. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111