The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic : The Game Of Love.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 am 
8. Vixen

Quote:
‘Ok, now she knows your were staring at her legs dummy!’

Oh no, those two might be actually making progress!
I know how Tara feels about snakes. When I found that they can actually jump I vowed to never visit Australia because they seem to have the most lethal ones there. Unfortunately I already came across one in a wetland reserve but it was scared of me I think. (Doesnt it look evil? http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/er/ ... ersgrt.htm)
I love how Willow is becoming more confident!
Keep it up! :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

*dreamy sigh* Such a good update. :)

And it's not like I'm not enjoying the getting there. Really, I just like giving you heck about kiss. ;-) Now that the cute flirting has started, I care less about it. So if you wanna take another 20 updates, I'm cool with that. I'm sure whenever it comes, it will be spectacular.

I especially loved the longer update. At least it seemed longer. As I scrolled I was like "Yay. There's more." And that's the part where I'm a doofus. :blush

Quote:
For the next thirty minutes Willow perved and stared in peace

For some reason that line in particular tickled me. Like what she's doing is kinda pervy, but not at the same time. I mean aren't lusty thoughts at inappropriate times half the fun of having a crush?

Loved Cordelia's teasing and the obliviousness of everyone else. It was a sweet sign of friendship and a good kick in the butt too. My favorite part was back at Tara's apartment. The sweet flirting and blurring of boundaries was incredibly enjoyable to witness as a reader. Honestly, the snakes was the best because I totally get Tara's insane logic. I watch many tv programs through my fingers because I can't seem to flip the channel, but I can't quite look away either.

Hope things are going well with you. Later alligator!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

OMG!!!! I LOVE YOU for all the updates. This story is going great and you better not stop writing until it is a super gushy, kissing happy ending. I love this story and I had to reread and get back into it but all the updates are great and I can't wait until they confess love!!! Keep updating please for me anyway?

Woo, long hugs and cuddles on the couch, cheek and forehead kissing now all we need are some real smoochies!

Thanks again for the updates. I look forward to more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope there would be proper :wtkiss very very soon...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:19 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful as always. However I must say that sometimes I think you're killing me with the lack of kissage here. I look forward to the next update as always.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Love the update.
It's the little things in life, like seeing a new update for a story your following, that make life worth living.
This made a crappy day not-so crappy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Nice update :blush . I can't believe I let an update get past by me (Ch 81)... but it was a nice treat having two chapters to read. I like how Willow is secretly checking Tara out,
Quote:
“Oh yeah, definitely gay.”

and her naughty fantasies on the court, I'm lovin' it. Now that would make a great read...of course once the two get together, literally ;-). And fear of snakes, I'm with Tara on that one, water moccasins give me the willies!
Keep up the good work :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

My question is ... do you think you'll finish it in 2 months? Because I get the distinct feeling that after 2 months you're going to be busy again! :D

I'm currently limiting my physical activity to soccer ... I carry too many injuries to be doing multiple sports. But I really miss Tae Kwon Do ... I'm thinking it might be a summer sports for me as it looks like squash will be too hard on my knee. Where are you going to play handball in Brissy?

Nah kinda figured you were a fan of the old school ... your relationship with Kiri never would have lasted this long otherwise! :D Having said that, you also write it exceptionally well. I'm loving the characters and you're portraying them really well. Not too sickly sweet, but sweet enough to be endearingly cute! :D

As for text-flirting ... I imagine you should be damn good at it now! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am 
4. Extra Flamey

That was adorable!!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Excellent update, very sneaky way to get close without having to explain why. I kinda smelt a setup a part of the project that was way over due perhaps? More soon pls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Wonderful update! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:34 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I feel like this go slow, get to know her plan is going really well for both girls. I mean they're getting impatient (who hasn't been there?) but they are talking and spending time together and starting to snuggle. Very well done.

Post subject: Re: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:17 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi Sheba!!!

Thank you! Gosh, this chapter is so endearing.. i like it that they are hanging out and with the simple touches and Tara's head on Willow's shoulder... wow...

I love how you are getting them closer and closer.. slowly but surely.

Quote:
“Oh yeah, definitely gay.”
ahehehe... well well... our willow is getting hot all over tara...and lusting over tara's wonderful assets... so yay!!! hmm eventually we'll see these two kiss.. right sheba??? :pray

Thank you for the Update!!! love the moments when they just work silently and comfortable with each other. so sweet!!!

take care sheba.

ciao,
j0an

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

What a wonderful update! Finally, maybe a little progress? But I'm getting antsy for some smooches. :wtkiss :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

I just wanted to let you know that I am absolutely in LOVE with your fic!!! ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, feedback going here instead of replacing my dibs, 'cause it's on a new page, now.

Finally finished my reread of this. Sorry it took so long!

First of all, I'm loving the story, and looking forward to the next bit. Hiatus aside, I'm also impressed at the frequency you have posted updates. Would that I could keep such a pace for my own writing!

The drawn out pace of discovery/acceptance is blissfully frustrating. ^_^ I find myself half-expecting a dark unknown to appear in Tara's past, to explain her guardedness in the early chapters when by all appearances she has an open, supportive network of family and friends. Of course, it could be that this is explained by the goings-on with her father in years past, and her continued dealings with the press.

There are a couple of glaring typos sprinkled throughout the story. For example, in one instance, "Oz" is spelled simply "z." In another, "so close she could smell her" --> "so lose she could smell her." Might be worth doing a quick skim through the earlier chapters.

I loved Willow's coming out scene, especially Xander's straightforward reaction.

The slowly-increasing comfort level and touches, the simultaneous glances, the gradual willingness for each girl to accept that her feeling toward the other stray from platonic friendship--I'm hanging on every word.

One point of the story I found myself questioning was after Tara hurt her ankle in the handball game. The very next day she was playing a tennis match against Willow's father, a proficient and competitive player.

In this last update, the post-snake couch cuddling, along with Willow's belief that snakes might be her new favorite animal, made me smile. A lot.

Adding my encouragement to the pile for chapter eighty-three.

*peace*

~ Megan

Post subject: Chapter 83.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, I've had a busy week (although I can't seem to think of anything I did that was actually productive right now!), which is why this update's taken a little longer than the rest. The feedback I received was encouraging as usual, and this story was never far from my mind :) Before I post the update, here's my answers to your queries and comments :

jasmydae - I'm glad you're caught up with the story :) I write in my spare time, and I guess it helps that I have a fair bit of that atm...and the fact that I'm an insomniac helps too :p Tara's guarded nature is largely attributed to her relationship with her father, at least in my mind. I might address that later, but I don't want to make too big a deal of that either. Sometimes people just are what they are, you know? As for the typos, I know....*hides* I usually don't do a reread before posting the update, which is why there are so many mistakes. I think I'll sit and rewrite the whole story when I'm finally through with it. Otherwise, feel free to do that for me, lol! As for the ankle, yes, I know that seem's a bit far-fetched, but it's not that crazy. Most people with recurring injuries in a certain spot tend to "heal" quicker. Basically, they are able to function normally (at least it seems like that), but the injury always bothers them when they get older. Trust me, I had a hairline fracture on my ankle, and jogged and everything, but it was kickboxing that killed me. The minute my foot connected with the pad, I knew something was wrong, and until then, I had only thought that it was a sprain! When we x-rayed it, we realized that the bone only needed a little trip to split in half. Again, that is something I will address later, as you will see. Finally, I'm so chuffed that you're like the slow pace, because I am definitely not a fan of love at first sight fics. Attraction, yes. Love...give it some time. And with this also being a fic about the girls realizing their sexuality, I didn't want to hurry it. Now, the update's redy for your viewing pleasure ma'am! Let me know what you think?

WillowRulez - Haha, yes, that snake looks like pure evil! I'm completely petrified of them too, and actually move to Australia later this year, so I don't think I'll be able to avoid them for long. I think I'll just take my girlfriends advice and run the other way as and when I spot one! But yes, I'm glad you enjoyed the update, and I hope this one impresses you too!

ophelia11 - You just like giving me heck. Period. I haven't exactly planned when the kiss will come, but I think you can see that I am somehow building up to it. Right now I don't even know what the next update is going to look like, apart from a few vague bits I have mapped out in my mind, so this is story is as suspenseful for me as it is for every Kitten :p I wasn't sure if everyone would get Cordelia's subtle teasing, so I'm glad we're on the same page. The beauty of close friendship is that sometimes no one else knows what two buddies are going on about, and that's what I wanted to get across. And yes, perving is a BIG part of falling in love ;) Finally, yes the last update was longer (12 pages), and this one's 10. Shorter, but just as enjoyable I hope. Let me know! Btw, when are YOU updating missy?!

SylverMaki - Love is always very welcome! Hehe! I'm sorry you had to read the whole story again to catch up, but I hope the updates make the reread worth it for you. I'm doing my best to keep updating as regularly as possible, and plan on continuing that pattern till the end. Enjoy :)

Zampsa1975 - More updatey goodness coming right up!

writerfreak - What can I say? I'm the author that teases! Hopefully the wait won't actually kill you :p

love_2003 - Hey, I'm glad that this update helped improve your bad day. But remember, sometimes we're so intent on the bad from a terrible day that we neglect the small good things. I hope your day's have improved since :)

Sandman78 - Hopefully you won't miss this update! It seems like a lot of Kitten's get the whole fear of snakes deal!

LittleBit - I think I'm on schedule to finish this in 2 months :D I'm going to play at Boys Grammar...I think you guys actually came there the first time I visited Brissy (back when you dated Peta), and we all went out to sheesha after. Remember? Injuries seem to follow me around! I think I overdid it at kickboxing saturday, because my left hamstring really cramped up Monday, and it's only just getting better. That will not stop me from classes this week though :p I'm glad you think I write old-school well. Like I said earlier, even I don't know what my update's gonna look like till I sit before my computer and try and imagine how I think the story would play out in real life. I'm not a fan of the sickly sweet, and I hope that shows! As for text-flirting, well, it's all I've got!

tacoda13 - More adorable-ness awaits your eyes (I hope!)

SmileyCC - Hmm, I didn't really intend that as a set-up when I wrote it, but hey, interpret this story the way you want!

mixxie - *takes a bow* Merci! I'd say they're making progress...wouldn't you?

JustSkipIt - Well, this is an important phase of the girls' lives, and if they were real friends of mine, I'd want them to sort their heads and hearts out before jumping into something. That's how I'm trying to write it. You like? :)

redjassy - Yes, these two crazy kids WILL kiss eventually. I'm not THAT mean :p I'm glad you enjoyed the update. How have you been anyway? Anything exciting going on? Aren't you on FB?

fhiwda - Thanks for popping in to leave that reply. It means a lot to me :) I hope you like the next installment.

Right, so, I won't keep you from the update any longer :) I truly am sorry for the typos if any, and you folks can feel free to point them out to be for immediate correction.

Cheers, Sheba.

Spoilers - Nada
Pairing - W/T, A/X, and the rest are pretty much made up by yours truly.
Settings - AU. Tara's a jock, and meet's Willow during a handball tournament.
Rating - PG 13 at the most (Yes, I swear it will change some day!)

Chapter 83.

Tara slowly walked up to the Rosenberg’s front door, glancing at the note in her hand as she drew closer to it. She’d found the piece of paper on returning to her empty apartment late the previous night, and it was really the only evidence of the fact that Willow and the kids had been over to hers earlier that day. Blue eyes quickly skimmed over the words written in a hurried hand, and even now they brought a slow smile to her face; ‘Apparently Mom’s heard a lot about you from Daddy-O, and is wanting to meet this “Tara character” (quote en quote!) If you’re free, she’d love to have you over to lunch tomorrow. 12:30 p.m sound ok? Text/call to confirm? p.s We missed you today.’

Less than 10 paces from the door now, Tara carefully folded the note and placed it into the pocket of her semi-formal beige-coloured pants. Climbing the two steps to the front door, she consciously straightened the collar of her white shirt before reaching up and ringing the bell. Moments later, the door was answered by a very flustered looking woman wearing a red apron that said ‘Her’, with hair as bright as Willow’s but much longer. The lady took one look at Tara, and frowned “Ah, I can see why my husband is so taken by you…”

Her green eyes bore into Tara, who didn’t really know how to respond to that statement. The blonde squirmed uncomfortably for a few seconds, before the redhead’s expression finally changed from stone and she let out a hearty chuckle, “Oh, that was fun!”

Tara’s eyes widened as the woman continued to laugh, and a moment later the blonde couldn’t help but look amused herself. Not one to be caught out for too long, she waited for the women’s laughter to die down to a smile, and retorted, “So, all the Rosenberg’s are evil then?”

That caused the redhead’s face to break into a full-blown beam again, “And proud of it! Oh, where are my manners…c’mon in!” She ushered Tara through the door, even as she reached out her right hand towards the younger woman, “I’m Sheila.”

Tara smiled and shook the proffered hand, “Tara…but I think you already know that!”

Sheila’s smile stayed in place as she carefully closed the door behind them, “Oh yes…I know quite a bit about you.” she turned to walk towards the kitchen as she talked, “Apparently you’re amongst the world’s top tennis players, you harbour Mother Teresa’s soul, you captain your university at some sport called handball, which,” she turned to look at Tara apologetically, “I must admit I have never heard of before, you work with a radio station, and…” her brow scrunched into a thoughtful frown just as the duo neared the entrance to the kitchen, “you have some wonderful theories on doping in sport.”

Tara by this point was blushing profusely, when Sheila stopped and asked, “So, my first question to you is, is there anything unimpressive about you?”

Tara was sure she was going to stutter out her answer, but was saved by a voice from the kitchen, “For God’s sake Sheila! She ISN’T the actual meal…she’s just come for one!”

Sheila huffed but did wink at her flustered guest before walking through the threshold of the kitchen. Tara took a deep calming breath before following her in, but forgot her worries the minute she spotted Ira standing in an apron that matched his wife’s, except that his said ‘His’. “Hey Ira” she grinned, and quickly walked up to him to give him a peck on the cheek. “Love the apron!”

“Hey gorgeous”, he beamed right back. “I do look good in anything, eh?” The two laughed and exchanged pleasantries, while Ira tossed a salad. Sheila took the opportunity to pick up the cordless phone that was lying on the table and dialed a number as she walked out. A few minutes later, she was back, “The food is on its way, and Willow should be down shortly too.” She looked at Tara, “Both Ira and I are just not up to cooking today, so we’ve called for Indian. Is that ok?”

“Oh, absolutely”, Tara nodded.

Ira spoke up, “You can still compliment the salad though.”

Sheila turned to open a drawer, “Yeah, he worked really hard chopping up those tomatoes, cucumbers and mushrooms”. Tara giggled at the dry-sarcasm in Sheila’s voice, even as she noticed how similar Willow’s voice was to her mother’s. When the older Rosenberg woman turned around with a corkscrew in her hands, Tara saw she had a satisfied smirk on her lips. “Red, or white?” she asked her guest, pointing out the two options on the counter.

“Red, please? I’m not too big on white.”

“Then red it is” Sheila said, and proceeded to open the bottle. Tara turned to Ira, “Is there anything I can help with?”

“Oh, no, no…” Ira answered, and picked up the salad bowl. Taking the five short paces to the dining table, he set it down and pulled out a chair for Tara, “Just take a seat and get comfortable.”

Tara murmured a thank you as she sat down, and watched as Ira did the same for his wife before handing the ladies their wine, and sitting down himself. Sheila spoke to her husband, “Willow can pour herself a glass if she wants when she comes down.” She turned her attention to Tara and explained, “She had a night out with Buffy and Xander and some others… they were “Bronzing it””, she used her hands to make inverted commas for added emphasis, “and apparently she only got back at around 4 this morning”.

Tara nodded, “Yeah, she sent me a text asking me if I wanted to go…but I was really tired after handball practice and work yesterday.”

Sheila nodded, and reached for her glass. She raised it, waiting for the other two to do the same, “Well, here’s to finally meeting you in person Tara.” The blonde smiled shyly, but nodded her head to acknowledge the toast, and took a sip of her wine. All three allowed the wine to filter down their throats, and again, it was Sheila that spoke, “So really…what IS this handball?”

*********************************************************************************
Over twenty minutes later, the three were still involved in easy conversation when the doorbell rang. “That must be the food” Sheila said, and both Rosenbergs stood up. Ira made his way out of the kitchen, while his wife walked to one of the closets to bring out crockery to serve the food in. She talked to Tara while bustling around, “So, when is the next international tournament?”

The blonde answered from her seat, “In six months. The exact dates haven’t been announced yet, but that’s what Coach Giles was saying.”

“Well, that gives your ankle a while to recuperate, right?”

“Mmm hmm” Tara agreed, and turned towards the door as her sense of smell picked up Ira’s approach to the kitchen. He walked in carrying two paper bags, and Tara commented, “Mmm, that smells good!”

Ira placed the bags on the counter, “The Taj Palace…they have the best Indian food in all of Sunnydale.”

“I’ll give you their number if you want” Willow said, and Tara was smiling even before she turned to see the freshly showered redhead. She watched as the latest entrant to the kitchen walked towards her, and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. When Willow pulled back, Tara realized that the smiling green-eyes still looked very sleepy. The big yawn that erupted from Willow’s mouth confirmed Tara’s theory that Willow was still tired, but she didn’t say anything till Willow had kissed her parents and made her way to a chair opposite the blonde.

When Willow had finally settled down, she asked “Wine?”

The redhead slowly shook her head, “No thanks…but juice would be good” she said, and it took all of Tara’s willpower to not just sit there and stare at the soft pout that now graced her lips. The blonde nodded and was about to stand up to check the fridge for juice when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Ira, “I’ll get it” he smiled.

Tara turned her attention back to Willow, “Rough night?” She sat back to allow Sheila to place some dishes on the table.

Willow nodded miserably, but quickly smiled up at her father, who’d placed a tall glass of orange juice before her, “Xander was driving, so I had to wait till everyone wanted to leave. And just so you can learn from my experience, it’s not smart to drink tequila shots just because you have nothing else to do….”

Sheila placed two more dishes on the table before sitting down, “I could have told you that before last night. Wait, I’m sure I have…haven’t I Ira?”

Ira laughed, setting down a basket of rotis on the table before sitting down beside his daughter, “Yes honey…but do you remember how YOU came to that wise conclusion?”

“Touché” Sheila said good-naturedly, while Willow high-fived her father. “So, Tara,” she turned to the blonde, “we have dal tadka, palak paneer, butter chicken, bhindi fry, roti…and of course, steamed rice”. Sheila had pointed to each dish as she said its name, but Tara asked “What’s palak paneer?”

“Cottage cheese with spinach” Willow said, and held out her hand for Tara’s plate. “It’s delicious, and the only real time Mom let’s me eat as much spinach as I want.”

Tara handed her plate to the redhead, but asked Sheila “Why can’t Willow eat spinach?”

“Because she had a migraine problem, and the doctors told her that spinach triggers migraines” the older redhead answered while she placed a bowl of dal tadka in front of Tara.

The blonde turned her attention back to Willow, who was now putting some butter chicken onto Tara’s plate, “Are your migraines that bad?”

Willow nodded without looking at Tara, “Oh, you have no idea. Earlier I’d throw-up till there was nothing that minutely resembled food left in my system, and then I’d sleep for hours and hours. But they’ve gotten better since the doctor prescribed some pills that I should take the minute I get the beginnings of an aura. You know,” she looked at Tara, “uh, migraine symptoms?” The blonde nodded, so Willow smiled at her, and then added some bhindi fry to her plate, which had filled up in a matter of minutes.

“Any other no-nos?” Tara asked, watching Willow.

The redhead passed Tara’s plate back to her, looking thoughtful, “Mmm, yeah. Chocolate.” She held her hand out for her mother’s plate, before beginning to fill that one up too. Tara made sure to safely tuck this new piece of information about Willow into her mind’s ‘Willow file’, as Ira looked asked her, “Roti?”

“Yes please” she smiled, and reached out to take two rotis from the basket Willow’s father was holding out to her. She waited for everyone’s plates to be full, before all four of them began to eat together. “Mmm, this is so good” Tara complimented, “I see why you like it so much.”

Willow bobbed her head up and down while she chewed, and Tara could tell she was enjoying the taste herself. “I really should look up the recipe for this one, and try making it at home” Tara muttered, taking another bite of the palak paneer.”

“I will never leave your house if you do” Willow exclaimed after she’d swallowed the morsel in her mouth.

“Oh, that’s for sure” Ira spoke up, “because you’d have a constant migraine, and wouldn’t be able to.”

Willow rolled her eyes at her father, and Tara smiled around at the Rosenbergs. She could see that Willow had a good family life, and it made her happy for the redhead. She’d secretly also decided that she HAD to try her hand at whipping up some palak paneer, if Willow liked it so much. ‘Really, having Willow never leave my apartment wouldn’t be that bad…’

Tara was brought out of her private thoughts by the younger redhead’s voice, which was addressing her mother, “But yeah, Tara’s a pretty good cook too…she cooked a mean spaghetti for me once.”

Sheila’s interested green-eyes turned to the blonde, “Tell me the truth…you’re a superhero by night too, aren’t you?” Her guest blushed before her eyes, but couldn’t hide the soft smile that graced her face while the sound of Willow and Ira’s laughter filled her ears.

Tara sat alone on the couch, waiting for Willow, who’d gone to put their dessert bowls in the dishwasher. The blonde heard a little thud, and on straining her ears, could make out the sounds of Willow sliding the machine closed and turning it on. She looked up at the door, and sure enough, the redhead appeared there moments later.

All through Willow’s short time in the kitchen, Tara had wondered where she’d sit when she joined her in the living room. Her thoughts had wandered to the previous Thursday, when she’d found the courage to snuggle up to the redhead while watching the snake documentary. She’d shuddered as she remembered some of the visuals from the documentary, but quickly returned to wondering where Willow would position herself on the couch. ‘Maybe she won’t sit on the couch at all’ she’d thought, looking at the single armchairs in the room. Closing her eyes, Tara had thought about Anya and Cordelia’s reactions to her description of her most recent afternoon with the redhead. The two women had seemed like proud parents when she’d told them about the closeness she’d shared with Willow, and they’d reassured her that the redhead would have never extended the invitation to lunch to her if she was freaked.

Now, as she looked at Willow’s approaching form, all her self-doubt had resurfaced. After all, she was the one who had snuggled up to Willow, and not the other way around. Trying to blink away her fears, she smiled slowly “I can’t believe I’d never heard of gulab jamun’s before today”, and tried to ignore the fact that her body was on high alert. Willow finally made it to the couch, and to Tara it felt like time itself had slowed down as she crossed the blonde, and promptly sat down right beside her.

Tara let out a breath that she hadn’t even realized she was holding, when Willow scooted even closer to her, so that the right side of the redhead’s body was connected to the left side of Tara’s. Willow yawned again, and rested her head on Tara’s shoulder. “Yup, you were definitely missing out” she commented.

By now Tara had completely forgotten what she’d said to Willow just seconds ago, and frantically searched her memory for a few moments. “Oh! Gulab jamun’s! Yeah! Missing out!” she finally agreed wholeheartedly.

Willow raised her head, and Tara nervously looked down at amused green eyes that seemed to dance at her, before they turned away and blue eyes were once again staring at red hair. “Introducing you to them is just part of my father’s evil plan to stuff you up before you guys head out to play tennis” she laughed, drawing a giggle from Tara. Both women sat that way a few seconds, before Willow began to move her head this way and that, trying to get comfortable on Tara’s shoulder.

The blonde wanted to tell Willow how cute she sounded making soft disgruntled sounds in her quest to get comfy, but opted to do something else completely. “Here” she said, lightly pushing Willow’s head off her shoulder with her right hand, and again resisting the urge to comment on the adorable frown that had appeared on Willow’s forehead. Tara raised her left hand and rested its length along the back of the couch, before looking at the redhead and patting the spot right beneath her shoulder in a silent invitation. Willow titled her head slightly, as if trying to read Tara, before her features softened and she rested her head in the newly offered space.

‘Ok, so maybe I didn’t think this all the way through…’ Tara thought, stifling a moan as she felt Willow’s relaxed form gently press against the side of her left breast, and her head rested on a spot that was someplace between Tara’s shoulder and chest. The happy sigh that emanated from Willow chased away any trace of regret though, and she asked “Better?”

The happy “Mmm hmm” she received was answer enough. It also gave Tara the courage she needed to curl her left arm around Willow in a more protective embrace. She did it slowly, watching and feeling for any signs of discomfort from the woman resting against her side. When she felt none, Tara willed her own body to relax, and enjoy whatever it was that they were sharing.

For minutes the silence in the room was only broken by sounds of both women breathing, and Tara didn’t know how Willow felt, but she was definitely content and nervous in equal measures. The blonde was doing her best to keep her heartbeat as even as possible since the redhead’s ear was lightly resting against her ribcage, but that was easier thought than done. She was quite convinced that Willow had picked up on the erratic pace of her heart, when the redhead broke the silence, “The Bronze was really busy last night.”

The normalcy of that question was just what Tara needed, and she felt the tension leave her body. Glancing down at the red tresses once again, she shifted her own face, so her chin was gently propped on the top of Willow’s head. “How so?” she asked, breathing in and allowing the lavender scent of Willow’s shampoo to hit her.

“Well,” Willow started, but was stopped mid-sentence by another yawn. “Sorry” she muttered when she’d moved her hand away from her mouth, “umm, well, it was like half of Sunnydale had decided to show up…”

“Mmm hmm” Tara muttered distractedly. She was staring at the hairs atop Willow’s head, marveling at how soft they looked. ‘I wonder if they’re as soft to the touch too…’

Willow continued talking, “What’s weird is that most of the kids there didn’t even look like they were old enough to be out of high school, so I’m thinking the bouncers weren’t doing their jobs. Come to think of it…they didn’t even check my I.D!”

Tara was still focused on Willow’s hair, and slowly nodded her head even as the fingers of the arm curled around the redhead started to inch their way towards red locks. The blonde wasn’t consciously aware of what she was doing till her fingers had found their way to bright tresses, and her thumb and index finger had teamed up determine their softness. That’s when Tara realized that Willow had stopped talking too, so she asked in as usual a tone as possible, “Lots of underage drunks then?”

“Uh huh” Willow answered, as Tara allowed her fingers to slowly travel to the bottom of the shoulder length red hair. The flow of her hand was stopped at the very end by a small knot of hair which Tara gently untangled with her fingers, before moving her hand back to the top, and repeating the motion. She heard Willow take a slow breath, and when the redhead spoke again, her pitch was a definite few octaves lower, “Drunken kids giving us an avoidable free show of lots of PDAs.”

“Mmm, that can get disgusting huh?” Tara asked, enjoying the delicious shiver that went down her spine at Willow’s tone, and moving her hand in a rhythmic motion now.

“Mmm hmm” Willow answered, tilting her head to the right so it was now half lying on Tara’s body, “very. I’ve never been a big fan of over-the-top PDAs. I mean, a peck on the lips is ok, but if you want to play tonsil tennis, do it somewhere I can’t see you…I actually need to explain that to Xander, if you know what I mean” she laughed nervously.

Tara was so intent on the feeling of Willow’s silky soft hair beneath her fingers that she almost jumped out of her skin when she felt the first tentative touch of the redhead’s fingers on her lap. Blue eyes darted to the pale left hand that had sat itself down next to her own right hand, and she watched as Willow’s digits inched their way to her own, “Yeah…Anya’s always been like that too, so I can only imagine the show you got last night”. The movement of Willow’s hand stopped when the tips of her fingers made contact with Tara’s. Tara was still staring at the motionless fingers that sat atop her own when Willow cleared her throat and asked, “What’s your take on PDAs?”

Tara tried to keep her voice as steady as possible as she slowly turned her right hand around, so her fingerprints were now pressed against Willow’s, “Umm, I can’t really say I enjoy watching two people make-out… no.”

Apparently that little move was all the encouragement Willow needed, because she slowly slid her palm so it was now flat over Tara’s. She didn’t stop there, and slipped her lithe fingers between the blonde’s before half-bending them, “What about you?” she asked, placing quiet emphasis on the last word.

Tara lifted her hand as inconspicuously as possible, and Willow immediately bent her fingers the rest of the way, so that her fingertips were pressed against the blonde’s knuckles. Tara mimicked her gesture, and there they sat, hands entwined. “Me?” she spoke, reveling in the feel of Willow’s fiery locks beneath the touch of one of her hands, and the contact of the redhead’s soft palm against her slightly more weathered one. “Well, I’ve never been into any displays of affection…romantically I mean.” She stopped and took a deep breath, “I’ve, umm, never…never kissed someone.”

The blonde felt Willow’s body freeze then, and didn’t interrupt the ensuing silence because she knew the redhead’s mind was at work. Almost half a minute into the silence, she felt Willow’s thumb start a slow pendulum-like movement against the outside of Tara’s right index finger, and still the woman pressed against her said nothing. Tara closed her eyes, and enjoyed all the feelings she was experiencing, both emotionally and physically, wash over her. She knew that whatever she and Willow were sharing right then was very significant for the both of them, but despite her obviously deep feelings for the redhead, Tara didn’t feel like there was a need to rush anything. Right now, all that Tara knew was that Willow like-liked her, and she hoped she was doing enough to show the redhead that the sentiment was reciprocated.

Willow finally broke the bubble of silence, “What about all those guys you dated?”

Tara surprised herself with the calmness of her own answer, “They were really nice guys, and we had fun dates, but…I’ve always wanted my first kiss to be special, and really mean something…and none of the guys meant enough to me to share that experience with them…By the end of it, our dates ended up being more like 2 friends hanging out…at least for me.”

“Oh,” Willow said, and Tara felt her fingers squeeze around her own just a little bit tighter, “when…when will you know that it’s the right time?”

“When I feel like I’m going to explode if I don’t feel the person’s lips against mine right then,” Tara spoke softly.

Willow inhaled deeply, “So what you’re saying is that you want to really feel something for the person you share your first kiss with…”

Tara nodded, her chin moving atop Willow’s head, “I want to be in love with…the person” she acknowledged.

“Sounds like a plan” Willow murmured, and Tara felt the redhead’s cheek lift into a smile against her body.

“Mmm hmm” she agreed, her fingers continuing to stroke their way through Willow’s tresses.

********************************************************************************
Hours later, Willow opened her eyes, and immediately felt a sense of loss. Looking around, she realized that she had fallen asleep on her couch, and Tara was nowhere to be seen. Instead, her head had been propped onto one of the square cushions from the armchairs. She had obviously been out for a long time, since the sun had set outside.

The last thing Willow remembered was thinking how good it felt to have Tara’s finger’s running through her hair, and that teamed with the blonde’s vanilla scent and rhythmic sound of her heart beat that just about reached Willow’s ears must have lulled her to sleep. The redhead slowly sat up, and as her senses began to function properly again, she heard faint sounds coming from the right. She turned towards the source of the sound, and realized someone was in the kitchen, since the light was also on in there.

Standing up, Willow slowly stretched before walking towards the kitchen. She was greeted by her mother, who was sitting at the table reading the day’s newspaper, “Ah, I thought I heard you” Sheila smiled. “The coffee’s ready” she said, gesturing towards the freshly brewed pot on the counter.

Willow smiled sleepily, and poured herself a cup before joining her mother at the table. Sheila folded the newspaper, “Tara didn’t want to wake you, so she asked me to ask you to get to her place at 11 tomorrow morning. Everyone’s meeting up there, before leaving for the beach.”

Her daughter nodded, and took a sip of the coffee. “Mmm” she sighed happily. Sheila smiled fondly at her daughter, “You two looked very cozy on the couch, and Ira even suggested that they cancel their game of tennis. Tara was very careful not to disturb you when she got up to leave…”

Willow took another sip of the brew, and regarded her mother with more alert eyes, “Annnnd…?”

“And she seems wonderful” Sheila admitted, her own smile widening at the delighted expression on her daughter’s face.

**********************************************************************************

Alright, let me hear what you have to say!

Last edited by Shai on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

Dibs I think. Great update. It's late here so will leave more feedback tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

That was breath-stealingly beautiful, Sheba. The intimacy of their moment on the couch was far more powerful than most of the love scenes out there. I especially loved the stillness of Tara as she realises the power of this moment herself; that she allows herself to experience it fully and understands that there is no need to rush. How wonderful to not only finally be sure of your own feelings but to know that they are reciprocated. As far as I’m concerned, anything else you have planned for our girls physically will be gravy after this scene (‘course I’m not trying to say there shouldn’t be any kissing at all!!). : )

My one questions is: how in the heck did Tara find the strength to leave? She must be a superhero, indeed!

Thank you so much!
Jen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

Simply amazing, Doll-face! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I will definitely agree with Erika (fhiwda) and say it is simply amazing, but I might just have to beat her for calling you doll-face. I'm so glad she finally came out of lurk status to comment on someone else's story rather than mine and is actually exploring this place now, and what better way to start than the story that got me here. Beautiful as always Sheba, nearly as much as the woman who commented before me. And I should be mad at you, you were online and didn't say hello to me. -growls slightly- lol.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:04 pm 
2. Floating Rose

That was so well written and beautiful. You're right, there was definitely progress! So now Tara knows that Willow like-likes her. And it sounds like Willow's told her parents about her feelings for Tara? Hmm...

I'm eagerly awaiting Willow's reaction to bikini-clad Tara at the beach! :pray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Very, very adorable. Excellent update by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Tara very soon finds courage to kiss Willow...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow. That was an amazing scene: breath taking and beautifully written. I enjoyed it immensely and am eagerly looking forward to how the ladies use their new found knowledge of each other and of themselves together.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 am 
8. Vixen

Quote:
I'm completely petrified of them too, and actually move to Australia later this year

Very brave of you! I still wanna visit Australia one day but I think I need to watch some more snake docus before I do :smash
Quote:
"Tell me the truth…you’re a superhero by night too, aren’t you?”

Loved the banter between Sheila and Tara!
Ohooo, Willow and Tara are getting even closer. I like how you are building up to their first kiss (even though it's teasing!).
Quote:
Right now, all that Tara knew was that Willow like-liked her

Well, that's good! Now you just have to do something about it, Tara :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I really like your Shelia!!! She's awesome!! And I remember those moments when you're just starting to figure if the girl likes you and you're on the couch playing digits (as I like to call it when you start touching the other person's hands/fingers). The warm, tingling sensation in your gut which is part nerves, excitement and shear enjoyment!

And yep I do remember you playing handball in Brissy ... do you think this is a sport I could excel at???? I played basketball for a few years ... but let me guess .. rough on the knees????

And don't talk to me about dodgy hamstrings .... mine is still not right from last weekend and it looks like I'm going to have to skip soccer this weekend ... but we're only in gradings at the moment so it shouldn't matter too much, except I won't have any match fitness going into the actual season! :(

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:51 am 
2. Floating Rose

Well done on yet another fantastic update. The scene on the couch was beautifully written.

Bring on the beach!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Okay, I've been reading this fic for quite a while now and can not tell you how happy I am with recent events. Initially I struggled a bit with it because of all the passages dedicated to handball (I have never seen the game and certainly never played it so I may be alone in that) but it's really picked up momentum in the last few updates.

I'm an absolute sucker for long drawn-out, angst-fueled courtships and the will they/won't they dynamic you've created here works a treat. You capture their inner turmoil and mutual affection really well.

Erm, in the latest update I have to admit I did find the reaction of Willow's mother to be a little OTT but I'm English so that may just be due to my natural reticence.

I did, however, love the scene on the sofa. You write so well and I really felt like I was there as they both hesitantly took the next baby steps in their relationship.

Anyway, thanks for writing and I honestly can't wait for the next update.

Cheers
restlessminds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I am in love with this story... :blush

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next