The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cats And Bats (Chris and Rei are at it again!) UPDATED 6
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

am loving this storie so much... i can't wait to see what happens when tara find out willow batman and all that good stuff. update soon please!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:43 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Interesting - Batman's always been a bit of a split personality, I wonder how Willow will attempt to reconcile the Willow and Bat sides of herself with what she's suspecting about Tara?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm going home for the summer in a couple weeks, don't know about my connection. I'll try and get at least one more done.

First one to guess which villain Warren will resemble gets a virtual cookie :p

Stillrunning Yeah, i know, Willow's heart knows where it wants to go, but her head is waving big ol' red flags.

Cam Angel is vexed that he didn't get the job done, also, he dislikes Batman as it is, so he aint giving up. Warren also has ill intentions in mind. You're probably right about Angel's threat not being as bad as he thought, at least one cop has a reason to believe that she at least isn't like the rest of the super villains she chases down, she'll still do her job if necesarry though.

Willowtree That would be interesting, saying nothing more :p

Chris I've always seen Batman that way, he lives two identities, sometimes they must surely clash, as i've said, Willow and Batman are two different people, Willow is more heart led and Batman takes up that big ol' brain of hers :p

This chapter is dedicated to the cleaning ladies at my halls of residence, may they always be the scary ladies they are today so that future generations of students have to go through what we have :p (love them really) Also, damn automatic doors.

Chapter eight

Tara finished off her part of the first floor, the roster was split into portions, of course, because a single floor in this place would be an all day job for one lonesome cleaner.

This day was going to be a busy one for Tara, of course, she had finished off here now, but she also had to clean in a school and as well as that, she needed somewhere else to live before dark, because an angry vampire is not a threat to be looked at lightly. It looked like Catwoman was going to take a break for now. But still, she needed to wait for her boss, who had told her that she’d have a list that would make that particular job a little easier.

She headed towards the door that lead out to the staff carpark just as the redhead in question came in, apparently deep in thought. For one, those darn tricky automatic doors nearly closed on her, believe me, that is never a nice experience. Just before she was very likely to go ‘eep’ and probably make a crunching sound in her arms, a hand pressed the touchpad that operated the doors. Willow looked up into the blue eyes of someone she had very much been hoping to see, “uh, hey Tara, I uh, thanks for the door, I got that list for you. You haven’t been waiting long, have you?”

Tara smiled, “no, I was just going to wait in the carpark, actually, it’s a nice day.” Tara reached out and took two sheets of paper from Willow’s hand, the page was practically alive with colour, different coloured inks and different shades of highlighter, all of this with scribbles to the sides of the separate places for rent on the list.

Willow saw Tara looking at her colour coded notes and held back the urge to babble, she pointed to the back of the second page, “there’s a key on the back, some places are cheaper but only have the basics, beds, shower, kitchen stuff, et cetera, you supply everything else, some have extras and are priced at probably what you can afford. I know the people who run these places so you shouldn’t have that…rodent problem, I think you said?

Tara nodded, “y-yes, r-rodent problem, all with the rats, not nice.” At this, Warren walked in through the doors but hung back for a moment to see what was going on.

“I can imagine not. Anyway, I have a meeting in about half an hour, but I was wondering, if you wanted that is, there’s a party on tomorrow night, I was wondering if you’d like to go, as in, with me. No pressure, it’s not like this list is dependant on you saying yes or anything and obviously, I’m your boss, or at least Rosie’s boss and she’s yours, could be weird so I would totally understand if…”

Tara gave a half smile and that stopped Willow in her babbling tracks, “As a d-date?” Willow nodded her head and Tara blushed slightly, then nodded her head, “I w-would l-like to, y-yes, are you sure it’ll be alright? People are used t-to…”

“People are used to seeing me with whoever I choose to be with, this shall be no different, and I can get Faith in too, if you want, I assume that she’s still staying with you? Yeah? Good, you could both probably use a break from moving in.”

Tara started to blush a little more and ducked her head, hiding her face with her hair, Willow brushed a strand back behind her ear gently, Tara smiled for a moment, “Y-yeah, that would be nice, I-I have to g-get to the l-library, w-work to do there, c-cleaning and a-all.”

Willow nodded, stroked the strand of hair she had moved a little earlier and moved on. Tara herself began to walk towards the door but found that it was blocked by someone who was obviously not quite happy with what he had listened to, “uh, hi M-Mr M-Meers.”

Warren remained where he was for a moment before sneering, “quite the relationship you’re getting with Ms. Rosenberg, eh, skiv?” Tara blushed hotly as he leant in a bit closer, “so, you really a dyke or is it her money you’re after?”

“I-I’m n-not sure wh…”

“A little advice, skiv, if you go out with her, tomorrow night, say, it could…complicate your job.”

“I-I’m n-not sure y-you…”

That was when Tara felt a firm hand on her shoulder and Warren found himself looking into the steely grey eyes of Rosie, the dark skinned and at times tempered head cleaner, “it could complicate her job, could it Mr. Meers?”

“Ah, Ms. Lopez, Tara and I here were just…”

“I know what you were just doing, Mr. Meers, believe me. Just last week I had Lucy and Shazmin hand in their resignations, and I saw you just having little chats with them too, now listen to me, young man, I decide who gets a job on my team, and if you don’t like who I have on my staff, you can take it up with my immediate boss, Ms. Rosenberg, you understand me? Because I’m fed up of losing hard workers to your bullying.” Warren looked a little cowed under this onslaught as would any man who came into contact with Rosie when she was vexed. “I am glad we had this little chat, Mr. Meers, oh, one other thing, if I see you kick over another bucket, you can clean it up yourself, meeting or no!”

Warren, deciding that discretion was the better part of valour muttered something about important meetings and having to dash. Rosie kept her hand on Tara’s shoulder and walked with her out into the carpark, Tara with her head down and shaking slightly as she was sat on a wall, “th-th-th…”

Rosie lifted Tara’s chin with a couple of fingers, frowning as she felt the wet traces of tears, “don’t mention it, he thinks he’s a law unto himself, that man. Now, I think we can call in at Gotham Library and tell them that you’re not feeling well, eh? I think that that’s best, I’m sure they won’t mind this once, I know Natasha, old school friend. I sent the girls, the ones he took a disliking to, there the other day, so I’m sure they can manage this once.”

“S-s-so…sorry for…”

“What for, dearie? Come on, let’s get you cleaned up, I wouldn’t like to see you leave now, would I? You’re a hard worker, and that boy needs taking down several pegs, being frank.”

Tara smiled as Rosie brushed her cheek with the back of her hand once more and the two walked back into the building. What neither of them saw was the cold stare from the upper window.

Willow thought hard over her lunch, when she had asked Tara out, she had done it almost out of impulse, her heart telling her that this was perhaps the girl she might settle down with. Her head took her in a different direction, though, or wanted to. She had smelt the same perfume on two people last night, and she had seen two very similar pairs of blue eyes belonging to those two people. Sighing, she finished off her sandwich, she would talk to Giles when she got back to the manor.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:32 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

A cookie? :bounce :bounce

Pick me pick me!

I know who Warren's gonna be!

-Rei

*Kisses*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:03 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Go Rosie! It's always good to see Warren getting his ass kicked. And yay for Willow asking Tara on a date :wtkiss Now, I wonder what she'll decide in her Batman persona to do...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:12 pm 
2. Floating Rose

YEAH!!! I loved this update! :applause Hopefully we'll finally get to see some :wtkiss either from Willow and Tara or from Batman and Catwoman ;-) Keep going, it's got me a little on edge with the whole Angel and Warren deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:21 am 
5. Willowhand

Yea that was just awesome having Warren's ass handed to him by Rosie the cleaning lady! Go Rosie!! :applause

And it looked like at the end there that Willow is finally putting 2 and 2 together with the whole Tara/Catwoman dealy. Hmmm...that should be interesting indeed. More soon please!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:43 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey guys. I go home for the summer on Saturday and this computer won't connect to the net so this is likely going to be the last update from me in a while, maybe if you ask Rei nicely...anyways, being as it won't be updated for some, i...haven't left a bigass cliffhanger :p

Rei: We discussed it, so had anyone else guessed, it would have been no cookie for you :p here ya go.

Chris (Cook, i do not talk to myself...most of the time): Yeah, Willow is in two minds, she knows what she wants but she also knows that she's responsible for Gotham, with great power comes great responsibility yada yada yada. But this is Pens, it'll work out, somehow :p And yeah, good to see the fierce little black cleaning lady kick ass :p Thing is, she's irked him...

Negraoreo: They'll get to it, sooner or later :p Not much of Warren and Angel this time, so you can read easy for now :p

Stillrunning: As i said, that chapter was dedicated to the cleaning ladies in my halls of residence, you don't mess with them :p

Anyways...

Chapter nine

Willow sat on the hood of the Batmobile, drumming her fingers against her knees. She had not yet fully suited up, preferring, almost superstitiously, to only put on the mask and voice patch when she was ready to head out.

Willow was so deep in thought that she didn’t hear the door above her open or the footsteps coming down the stairs, “penny for your thoughts, my child?”

Willow smiled, Giles had been just her butler when her parents were alive, an aloof figure that was just…well he was just there. Now, he was her friend closest confidante and the closest to a father she had known in some time, he certainly meant it when he called her his ‘child’ or ‘daughter’ and he had the same feelings that any father would seeing their child in pain like this. “Giles, what do you do when your heart tells you one thing and your head another?”

Giles frowned as he took off his glasses and breathed on them, wiping them on his shirt, “I don’t really know, I know that you have a very good head and that it should probably be listened to, at the same time, the head is…it’s unfeeling. It has the facts but it can never take into account the emotion. What is it that has you so troubled?”

Willow paused for a moment, but she knew that there was no lying to Giles, even if she wanted to, “well, I …I met this girl.”

”Ah, not uncommon for you my Lady Willow.”

Willow smiled as she heard the light jibe in his voice, she swatted him on the arm and coyly fluttered her eyebrows, “I can’t help it if I’m pretty.” Giles smiled, but while it was comforting, it was also one that invited her to get to the point, “this one is different.”

“Oh my, now that is a new one.”

“She’s got this blonde hair, and she’s very…very, well, I don’t know, ‘nice’ doesn’t seem to cover it, and those blue eyes of hers…” Giles waited for her as she paused and sighed, “they’re beautiful, it’s just a pity that they’re the same blue eyes I saw when Catwoman was standing between me and Angel.” Willow looked at Giles for a moment, gauging his reaction, “so yes, there were a couple differences, Catwoman’s eyes were narrowed and the skin around them hidden by the mask while Ta…her eyes were open and sorta invited me to fall on into them, but they’re the same ones. That and both of them wore the same perfume, which is weird cos when we last met, Catwoman didn’t wear any sort of scent at all.”

Giles didn’t know what to say, but he felt his heart begin to melt as tears fell softly from Willow’s eyes, “so while you’re saying ‘let’s get to know each other’…”

“More like ‘hey, let’s settle down’.”

“Indeed, while you’re thinking that, Batman is thinking that he should arrest her, right?”

Willow sighed once more, “you seem to have a habit of hitting the nail on the head, not that that’s a bad thing, goodness no, means less speaking for me for one and it kinda lets me see how I feel and…and…I’m babbling again, which you’ve never said you hate, but you never said you like it either and oh my God, she probably thinks I’m such a spaz, I mean I nearly got stuck in my own automatic doors and I really need to breathe now.”

Giles smiled, “it does seem that you’re pretty excited about her. I suppose that you will have to think about what is best for you, Willow Rosenberg. Do you need to arrest her, after last night, is that an issue?”

“Catwoman has stolen hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars worth of jewellery, whether she gave most of it away or no.”

“That’s Batman speaking, and you know? He’s pretty much out for revenge against every super criminal in Gotham over what Angel did to a sweet young girl, one that I should imagine he is very fond of to make his nightly patrols, but if you don’t mind me saying, he’s a bit of a dark emotionless git, much like most men actually.” Giles put his glasses back on as Willow smiled, “I’m sure that he would like that little girl to be happy, so, what does Willow want?”

“Willow wants to go to bed and for this date to come pretty darn quick, but Batman needs to go out patrol.” Giles frowned at her, a look that said ‘that is only a partial answer and you darn well know it, now tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth or you will go to bed with no supper’, that is a look that every child worldwide has come to dread, even the rich ones who do indeed get very good suppers and may have more to worry about. “Willow wants to go out with this girl, Willow doesn’t see a leather mask on her and Willow doesn’t see why Batman should arrest a girl who isn’t doing anything right now just cos she happens to have the same cute blue eyes or at least ones very darn similar.”

Giles smiled, releasing her from his paternal glare, she almost breathed a sigh of relief, “then I believe you have your answer, and I’m sure that somewhere down there, Batman agrees, speaking of…”

“Mmhm, criminals of the I’m going to take over/destroy/get revenge on the world/all of the above variety don’t wait for me to get out there before planning whatever nefarious acts of world domination, demolition or revenge they have in mind.”

Giles hugged Willow briefly as she gave him one last quirky grin and then her face darkened as she put the patch on and then the cowl, becoming quite literally a very different person. “Don’t wait up.”

Batman slipped into the Batmobile as Giles stood and with one roar of nitro, it streaked off into the dark night. Giles smiled faintly and spoke quietly, unheard, “oh you know I will by now, you look after my daughter.”

Meanwhile, dark deeds were afoot and a laugh of evil glee cackled throughout the home. It is arguable that this is standard practise of the common highly powerful businessman, or to be more politically correct, businessperson. However, this was a special laugh, it was one that chilled the Devil to his bone because he knew that this person may actually be evil enough to dethrone him and probably already had the plans in mind. Warren Meers looked into the mirror as he put his glittery green mask over his eyes. Oh, he was going to see to that little dyke, and her skiv girlfriend. That little black cleaner too if he felt in a good mood. The costume was easy, he looked just as resplendent, so he believed as he did when he wore it one Halloween, he never had grown much since then. Oh yes, at the heart of this little tycoon to be was the soul of a comic book geek, and believe me, these should be feared. The green suit was one-piece with a large black question mark over the chest and the coloured hairspray, that had been easy enough to pinch from that little dweeb, Jonathon, who still played Dungeons and Dragons. After all, what else were old school friends you barely put up with good for? Though, to Warren’s chagrin, it did take on a more pink sort of a tone than it did red, hardly befitting of the verbal masterpiece that the villain he had come to name The Riddler was, he would have to see to that, of course. He gave another laugh as he grimly thought to the future.

The night had not drawn much action, a couple of thugs trying to steal from an old lady, little enough to get the cold heart pumping. There was no sign of Catwoman, and the small part of the mind that was Willow right now was glad, though it then rather traitorously reasoned that that was because she was unpacking, but still, quiet night, and with Angel after her right now, it would be quiet for a while, if she recalled her vampire lore, a vampire could not enter a private property without being invited. Tara had said ‘rodent problem’ and bats, often synonymous with vampires as well as, here, Batman, were often called ‘rodents with wings’…she’d had a lot of time to think tonight, it made sense, ‘she’s trying to stay away from Angel and you’re taking her out to a dance at night.’ It was another of those traitorous thoughts that come without waiting for an invitation, part of her knew that the girl and the cat were the one and same. Willow cared very much about this, Batman didn’t. With one last glare across the city nightline, Batman decided to call it a night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:20 am 
18. Breast Gal

Ooh, Riddler! I like the Riddler, he's a great persona for Warren - he's such an insecure attention-seeker. But a dangerous bastard for all that :paranoid Let's hope Batman doesn't get too much of a nasty surprise when the new supervillain makes his entrance.

Willow's talk with Giles was really interesting, playing with the divide between herself and Batman - it's much more for her than just putting on a mask and fighting crime.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:45 am 
2. Floating Rose

Oof, just read this all in one go. My eyes are sore, but I kinda felt like I had to add my input here.

First off, damn, what an incredible plot! I love Batman, well, not the character itself (cuz he's just a little too broody IMHO) but the cartoon, comics and movies are totally cool. I think Willow is pretty cool in this part, even if she did come out sounding a little schizophrenic (multiple personality much?) but I guess part of what makes Batman so good is that 'he' is able to detach his personal life from his nightly work.

And Catwoman... Can I just say that she's the hottest not-exactly-villain ever? Well, her and Black Cat (from Spider Man), but they're pretty much even. Tara as Catwoman is just too perfect! It's incredible how Tara can be the witty and resourceful Catwoman and at the same time still retain her sweet and shy personality. Guess that's one similarity between her and Willow-Batman.

Giles was just the icing on the cake, really. I love Albert, period. He reminds me of Walter, the butler from Hellsing, only without the deadly combat skills (right? :eyebrow ). I kinda missed the obsessive glass cleaning, but that's just one of my quirks.

Which reminds me, will there be a Robin? I particularly don't like the character, but I think it would add an interesting twist to the story. I can't wait for the next chapter, great work!

Rob

PS.: By the way, Warren should really have a close encounter with the business end of cannon. Angel too, but I'll settle for a nice glass of Holy Water. :happy

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" - Ephesians 6:12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:47 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

A cannon?

*rubs chin thoughtfully*

*Runs off looking for chris* CHRISTOPHER, WHAT ABOUT A CANNON!?!?!?!?

Begging anyone? You guys know what gets me going :p

-Rei

*Kisses*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Just popping in to reply to feedback :p If i have time, i might try and get an update going some time, can't promise anything though, don't know about my net connection. That or you could beg Rei :p

Chris (Cook): I have a confession, you might remember mentioning the Riddler in feedback :p I was always thinking of having Warren turn villain though. Thanks for the feedback.

Rob: Welcome to the story, i know the pain of being suddenly addicted to a developed story, my eyes pity yours :p Batman and Catwoman are actually two of my fave characters, never really could say why, they just were.

You both mentioned the mask thing, i kinda took the two personalities thing from a Terry Pratchett book, Maskerade. One of the characters, without the mask he was kind of a...well, he never would win prizes for his grace and sure footedness, but with the mask...he was agile and nimble, almost a whole different person, the mask not only hides the face, but it hides who that person is, they can be completly different people, eg, Catwoman never stutters.

Rei: We'll talk about that :p, gotta email you when i have time :p Missing you sis (Yes, i know this aint exactly the place for that).

Ok, that's me done, i'll see ya all later, if i don't have updates typed this summer, at least i'll have ideas going. Later all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:26 am 
2. Floating Rose

:hmm What about dumping acid green goop on him? I'm sure his freaky pink hair could use it. :grin That hair, that outfit *shudders* Pink and green, yikes. My sister dyed her hair pink once and I threatened to disown her, pink hair is just... wrong.

More soonish? :eyebrow

Rob

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" - Ephesians 6:12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:50 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

*Screams and runs!* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*bashes head into wall*

No update for youuuuuuuu

*dies*

-Rei

PS. Love you and miss you Chris

*Kisses*

Post subject: Re: Cats And Bats (Chris and Rei are at it again!)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

*Wades in through a pile of dust*

*Starts hacking his guts out*

Didn't we have a cleaner or two in this fic? I know it's been a while but sheesh...

Anyway, there's a couple of loooooooooooooong overdue updates i owe you all, so many appologies for the delay, long behind schedule (you just can't get the muse these days), Chapter ten of Cats and Bats. Please, do try and get comfortable, i know the seats are dusty, but we can soon fix that.

Hey! Who left that cheese sandwich on the radiator? It'll have its own government by now!

*EDIT* A little note on updates, i have two three hour train journeys tomorrow and this story and Queen of Thieves (also fondly known as Willow Stole Aladdin's Lamp) backed up on my memory stick, we'll see what i can do, specially seeing as i'll have to commute for a few weeks.

Back to your regularly scheduled update.

Chapter ten

Buffy and her mother sat in one of the conference rooms of Gotham PD. It had been a busy couple of days, that much was for sure.

Two coffee mugs sat, long emptied, as the two talked, “I ran those donations by the dates Catwoman made those hauls, they do match, that and they’re all legit by the charity board, so she isn’t laundering the money.”

“Well good for her, Buffy, most people tend to put their own money to charity though, yes?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders, “I’m not saying we let her off, even if most of the people she did steal off do all they can to horde their money, didn’t see one of them at the ball. But yes, she is a thief. It does tell us a little something about her though, perhaps. People give to the charities that mean something to them. Add to that that Angel claimed that he made her, we know that the two can be connected.”

Joyce nodded her head, “but I can see that you’ve come across the same problem.”

“Yeah, how much attention do we pay to homeless people? We move them on from park benches, if it’s particularly cold, we might leave them in their doorway for another hour to sleep, but we just pass them by. Catwoman does not even need to have been homeless but maybe to have been close to being which makes it even harder. Hell, it might be that she knows someone who was near homelessness and has never faced that herself for all we know.”

“So the main lead is people Angel has been seen with, yes?” Joyce gave her daughter an appraising eye, “You look like you could do with some rest.”

“I should be ok, I can go through Angel’s…”

“Buffy, I’m your mother and your boss, I can tell you to take the night off, yes? I can get those names myself, knowing Willow, she’d likely be able to code a program and help us out there.”

Buffy nodded her head, “Ok, I’m on afternoons tomorrow, so I might just call Will out and drag her to have a mocha, I can probably nab Xander as well, he’s not as dim as he makes out.”

Joyce gave Buffy a knowing smile, “You don’t need to make a work related excuse to spend time with your friends, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Buffy nodded her head and walked out of the door.

Warren looked over the parts of the spy-fly he had started to build with aid of a pair of tweezers, he needed to know where Willow was within five meters, three if at all possible. But it seemed that he was missing a key part, the mini nuclear didgeriedoo that would keep it flying for months if necessary. There were very few op these in the city…in fact, there was one, kept by some eccentric, one of the few on the rich list not associated with Rosenberg Enterprises…he gave a maniacal little cackle and turned away from that he had started to build and turned to that that needed the finishing touches, a tacky little cardboard box, one with a very important riddle inside.

Why just kill the bitch when you can tell everyone that you are going to do it? In terms that their small brains cannot fathom, of course.

Tomorrow night, The Riddler would be unleashed upon Gotham City…

Tara wiped the sweat from her brow, between cleaning in the morning, moving in in the afternoon and trying to find something suitable to wear tomorrow night, it had been a tiring day. Faith walked in with the last of the boxes under her arm, the two had barely managed to get the last of their stuff before darkness had fallen, “where’d you want this, T?”

Tara looked distractedly over at the box, just a few of her clothes and personal knick knacks, “on my bed should be fine.” Tara stretched her shoulders, her eyes dipping to Faith’s neck, “where’s your crucifix?”

Faith shrugged her shoulders, “musta snagged it on something, besides, how much good will it do if…”

“Only the difference between getting the chance to run away and being a snack, perhaps?” Tara’s voice had picked up a small edge, it was just like Faith to be careless when she most needed to take care. Tara rummaged through the drawer of a cabinet she had just filled and pulled out a chain with a cross hanging off of it, throwing it over to Faith.

“Ok, I’ll wear it, what you planning for tonight, anyway?”

Tara shrugged her shoulders, “I noticed a coffee shop across the road from Pet Co when I last went there, can’t think why I didn’t see it before. I might go get a drink.”

Faith grinned, “I wonder who pointed it out to you…mind if I come with?”

“I didn’t think you drank anything so tame as coffee at this hour.”

”I can start tonight if it means keeping an eye on you, you need to be careful too, you know, T.”

Tara nodded her head, “sure.”

Angel was livid, the moment the sun had gone down, he had stormed out of his hiding place and over to where that ungrateful bitch lived. There was a palpable aura around him, a menacing threat of what would come should someone cross his path. Not bothering with little things like doors, he had jumped up to the window that he had so often entered…and the room was empty. Not just empty of Tara and Faith, empty!

Now, back near his crypt, he grabbed one of the thugs he employed to do his dirty work by the throat and slammed him into the wall, taking a photograph out of his pocket. His voice was low and oh so dangerous, “you will take this to Gotham PD and tell the officer at the desk to give it to Ms. Summers, you will do this by tomorrow evening or I will hunt you down, slit your throat and watch you bleed to death before lapping it up like a very hungry cat, believe me, you will suffer. You got that?”

Angel released the thug enough so that he could nod his head and stormed out and into the city, tonight he needed to feed.

The thug was left with the photo, it showed very clearly Tara, having just slipped on the catsuit, holding the mask in her hand as she was about to put it on. Angel wasn’t stupid, not by a long shot, she didn’t know that he had had this. He would take down that bitch, he would bleed her slowly, and the irony of it, it would be the police that found her for him, that irony, he could taste like a fine night’s meal.

Buffy had indeed been able to call Willow and Xander, Xander had indeed been able to drive Willow down here, so mochas all round, not a thing to be sneezed at, that is for sure…well, I guess you could sneeze at it…if you were allergic to coffee.

The regular clientele were used enough to seeing Willow Rosenberg here in casual clothes that they knew that now was not a time she would like to be disturbed, though some of the less frequent visitors here would gawk from time to time. Willow would always give a few words to those who talked to her, but this was a time where it was obvious she just wanted to be a woman of her age hanging out with her friends. One can’t party wildly every night, after-all.

Willow had been resting her chin on her fists as Buffy had outlined the idea she and Joyce had had about the computer program, Willow nodded her head, though she knew she didn’t need a program… “I can probably narrow it down to two or three names with a ninety-eight percent probability of Catwoman being on the list.”

“Since when did you admit not being perfect with the computer-fu?”

Willow smiled at Buffy, “since I still haven’t found out just who Batman is, no matter how many programs I have run to find him.”

“Willow isn’t perfect? You’ve lied to me all these years!”

Willow laughed at Xander’s goofing off, this was why she needed the time with her friends, all business and no play would drive the poor woman mad, “Well when people go to such lengths to keep their identity from the general public, they’re generally determined that no computer program should be able to do it either. I actually ran my name through the computer and came up as a closer match than most of the men in Gotham, so I really do need to fine-tune that one which probably means going through…”

“Your mocha’s getting cold.”

This sent the group into another round of laughter, that being what Tara and Faith walked in on. Willow looked up as she wiped tears from her eyes and saw the two walk in. She gave a little squeal and waved her hand, “hey, Tara, come sit over here.” This was one of the last things that Tara had been prepared for, not that she didn’t want to sit next to Willow, of course she did, but the police officer she had chained with her own handcuffs was sitting there, Willow saw Tara’s look at Buffy and Xander and smiled encouragingly, though she had just gathered the reason for the hesitation. “Oh come on, they don’t bite.”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders, “I only cuff naughty little boys and girls.”

Faith, grinning like a Cheshire cat that has just seen a vat of cream overturn dragged Tara over while she returned the quip, a half-grin on her face, “that should be me worried then.” Tara, well and truly out-voted and blushing red walked across with Faith and sat down, through process of elimination, Faith having taken the chair between Buffy and Xander, next to Willow. Willow could see that Tara’s face had reddened slightly and gave Tara’s her a little squeeze as she greeted her.

Xander took Tara’s hand and left a faint kiss on the back of it before she held it out to Buffy, “I d-don’t think we’ve m-met.”

Buffy took Tara’s hand in hers for a moment, noticing the startling blue of her eyes, where had she seen that before? She shrugged it off, she had seen Tara with Willow at the party, after all. “You looked pretty busy at the ball, I didn’t think you two should be disturbed. Th’name’s Buffy.”

Tara nodded her head and returned her hand to her lap, “It’s n-nice to meet you.”

Xander grinned, “Buffy isn’t too bad, alas, I have been chasing her since high-school…she ran faster.”

“I thought Willow was your crush at school.”

“Ah, but when her interests ran in other directions and I was faced with your radiant beauty…”

Buffy reached behind Faith, her arm brushing her hair, to thwap him on the head as she deadpanned, “don’t make me find something to arrest you for.”

Xander clutched his chest, “Ah, my lady wounds me.”

“Not half as much as Anya will if she finds out why…”

“Hey, hey, no need to bring her into this.”

Willow shook her head, leaning in to Tara and whispering to her, “And people wonder why I turned out half crazy with these around.”

Tara gave a half smile, “it m-must be g-good to be able to turn off how serious you have t-to be at work.”

Willow nodded her head, “Can’t beat half-mad school friends when you need to wind down…nor a good woman.” She brushed her lips across Tara’s cheek in a faint kiss as she said the last.

“Hey, lovebirds, get a room.”

Faith dug Xander in the ribs, thus negating the need for Buffy to thwap him again, Tara, having hid her face behind her hair at that, gave Faith a small smile, “It’s a long t-time since I’ve see you this quiet.”

“Just been tryin’ to find a way to break into this oh so witty repartee.”

Xander tilted his head at the half-barb, “hey, I can do witty.”

Faith smirked, “coulda fooled me, looks like B and Red over there barely have competition.”

“Well hey, every time I do show them up, Buffy slaps me upside the head.”

“Which would be why I rarely bruise my hand, not needing to do so that often.”

“Witty, Buffy, witty, why don’t you go get these two lovely ladies a mocha instead of abusing my already shattered ego.” Xander’s voice left little way of misinterpreting his joke for hurt and Buffy patted him on the shoulder affectionately before standing and walking down to the counter.

Tara leaned in towards Willow, “I’ve n-not had a mocha before.”

This brought a gasp from a seemingly utterly appalled Xander, “the blasphemy! We’ll have to fix that up quickly! Hey Buffy, hurry it up, we got a mocha virgin here.” Willow gave Xander a sly kick under the table, “hey, how come every woman here abuses me?”

Willow whistled innocently which brought a smile to Tara’s lips, Buffy looked at the pair of them, closer than they needed to be and so obviously falling as she walked back over with the mochas. She had seen a lot of Willow’s girlfriends and had not liked all that many of them, in Tara, she could see what she had found missing in the others who likely hadn’t lifted a finger to hard work a day of their lives, it was something that wasn’t glaringly obvious at first glance, but something you had to be specifically looking for.

Buffy smiled as she placed the cups on the table, “careful with your first sip, they can give you a buzz, you should see Willow babble…more than usual after she’s had a few.”

Willow gave a ‘hey’ in protest though the general mood was relaxed, even for Tara, oddly enough considering she was still a little wary of Buffy. Time ticked on as the group talked and Willow and Tara spent more time almost snuggled together.

After a moment, Buffy stood and caught Willow’s eye, flicking her gaze across towards the ladies. Willow stood, stroking the back of Tara’s hand with her thumb as she did, and made her way across with Buffy.

Buffy splashed some water on her face as she looked in the mirror, looking into Willow’s green eyes in the reflection, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so in love.” Willow looked a little uncomfortable, Buffy didn’t quite know all that she did. Buffy put two and two together and came up with an odd number for its answer, “I mean it, Will, she’s different from the girls you usually hang around with.”

“She is.”

“You’re not going to hurt her, I hope Will…”

“Hey, I’ve never two-timed a gal.”

“Just let her believe that she’s the one for a while, though since with most of them it’s for the money, I can’t say I can complain. Just…”

Willow smiled, “hey, one night and it sounds like you’ve adopted her as a sister.”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders, “she’s an easy person to like, she doesn’t deserve to be hurt, Willow.”

Willow nodded her head, “I know. I don’t want to hurt her either.”

Buffy nodded, “yeah, now get back out there before they start wondering if we’ve escaped together.”

Willow laughed and held the door open for Buffy as the two walked back across to the table.

But behind that laugh, she had to wonder if Buffy would have read her the riot act if she knew what she did.

Post subject: Re: Cats And Bats (Chris and Rei are at it again!) UPDATED 9
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:14 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy.....Loving the update. Loving and missing you too....Queen of Theives....I CAN'T WAIT....

*hugs you tightly*

Tisha :pride

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey, I love this story it's really interesting.
Please update soon.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:04 am 
18. Breast Gal

Woo, the Bat is back! :party And with that new Batwoman over in 52, Gotham never looked so good ;-) I like the contrast in this chapter - Willow and Tara and their friends taking a moment, relaxing, goofing around, while unknown to them their enemies are setting their plans in motion. Willow's 'inability' to identify Batman was a neat touch - just the kind of thing she'd think of to cover her back, to make such a show of trying to find out the 'secret'. And you nailed the Riddler - that whole 'I'm smarter than everyone else, and I must continually prove it' thing he has going. Dangerous, yet contemptible at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:20 am 
3. Flaming O

great update plz update soon , can't wait to see what will happened next. :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:49 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Tisha: TISHY! Oh my God, I’ve missed you, you crazy girl! :p I’m glad you loved the update, hopefully, you’ll like this one. Come online and bug me sometime! :p

Will: Here ya go :p I’m glad that you’re loving the story, Batman has always been one of my favourite things to watch, when you add Willow and Tara, you got magic if you can get it right :p

Artemis: Darn right the Bat is back :p I loved writing the contrast too, it was something that I thought needed to go all in one chapter, it’s rare, I think, that a chapter works where it’s all good or all bad.

Willow is a smart cookie, she knows that she would likely be expected to have a few ideas, she’s well known to be intelligent. She probably did run those programmes just so she could show someone the results if the question ever came up.

There isn’t much of Warren/Riddler in this chapter, though he will make an appearance next, I should think. I’m glad you like the way I’m portraying Riddler, he was one of my favourite baddies in the series, probably because I’ve always liked wordgames and his competitive streak.

Chummy: You don’t have to wait any longer ;) Here you go.

Chapter eleven

She stalked her prey as she prowled along her perch. The morning sun was just thinking of peeking though the clouds. She made no sound as she drew ever closer to her target, gracefully walking with a roll to her hips. There was a slight movement, then time stood still or the briefest of moments, she…pounced!

Tara shot bolt upright in bed, having suddenly grown an extra kitten shaped appendage. She rubbed her eyes as she leaned back against the headboard and tried to remove Miss Kitty’s claws in a fairly painless manner. She rubbed her eyes and glared at the hungry cat still clinging to her nightshirt, “m’ nightshirt for wearing, not sharpening claws on.” Tara fell back onto the pillow for a moment which certainly wasn’t going to move the tenacious kitty and then started to get up, “ok, ok, I give.”

Tara got out of bed and Miss Kitty, mission accomplished, jumped down and ran eagerly downstairs towards her bowl. Tara got some of her food out of the cupboard and opened he door for her to get out. She shook free her sleep tousled hair and set about getting ready for work.

Warren applied the final touches to his little present. He had laboriously worked on this, it had to be perfect, to less than half a percentile. He had not got to where he had today by accepting second best, oh no…he had killed for it. He hadn’t killed himself, of course, he hadn’t wanted to get his hands dirty. But when one wants a job done properly, well, there really was no other choice but to do it yourself. He whistled under his breath as he closed the lid of his little toy, tonight…oh, Gotham better batten down the hatches, The Riddler is in town. Warren let loose a maniacal cackle.

The morning had come and passed before the hired muscle Angel had ordered to take the photo to the Police Department walked through the double doors of Gotham PD. Somewhat nervously, given his profession, the thug, photo – now in an envelope – in hand, walked towards the front desk where the PC on desk duty looked him over.

Without waiting to be called over, the thug walked up to the desk, threw the envelope on the table and growled, “a present for Ms. Summers, she should be interested at the person in the photo.”

It just happened that Buffy had been checking in for her shift and had heard this, the thug being by no means eager to hang around, turned tail and left, there were probably a few things Gotham PD would like to talk to him about themselves, he was well known as muscle for hire and only came here in the first place because he was more scared of Angel than prison, and rather wisely so.

With no one there to specify which Summers the photo was meant for, Buffy said that she would take it up. Having heard Angel’s threat to Catwoman, she was fully expecting to see someone very near in costume, in the time that Angel had terrorized Gotham, he had never made an idle bluff. Buffy slid her finger into the corner of the envelope and opened it, revealing the picture within.

Buffy had been expecting to finally find out who this woman was…

But the person she saw in the picture was the last she would have ever expected to see.

Tara Maclay.

Buffy looked at the photograph in shock, she’d just been speaking with this girl yesterday. A couple of things clicked into place, the eyes, she knew she had recognized those eyes. And her hesitation, Buffy had put that down to being shy, the last thing she would have guessed was that Tara had a reason to be worried about her. She put the photo in her pocket, she didn’t know what to do and she had very few people she could talk to. Her mother wanted Catwoman more than she did, and Willow…God, Willow was going out with the girl! Buffy picked up her phone and dialed a number, it rung a couple of times before Xander’s voice came out to her, “Xander, can you get an hour to yourself? Yeah, that’s cool. Mocha and donuts on me. Later.”

Willow walked down the corridors of Rosenberg Enterprises after another fairly bloodthirsty verbal confrontation with Warren. He was the number two in the company but only by virtue of mummy and daddy, at every step, he tried to undermine her. It was getting frustrating, if he were just willing to work with her, he certainly had the brains that they would be able to do a lot for both the company and Gotham. Instead, she had the impression that if Warren were to get just a little more support, she had better watch over her shoulder for a coup.

Then there was Tara. Willow loved her, not just how she looked, her hair, those amazing blue eyes, Willow had had many girls throw themselves at her who had only looks to the advantage, half of those, she suspected, ‘came out’ because Willow doing so had made it the ‘thing to do’ which made her more than a little sick. There was something about Tara, it was almost as if she could see her soul behind her eyes. The socialites Willow had constantly dated to keep people from wondering just what she did at night (especially to get some of the bruises she had to cover the worst of up), Willow had no doubt that it was her money that they loved more than anything else. Willow had worked hard all of her life, whatever her parents had given her, she didn’t know that she could stand spending the rest of her life with someone that couldn’t see exactly why she did work hard. Tara though, she did work hard whatever else she did, she had worked here for long enough that Willow could see that.

But, of course, there were her own nightly activities and she would not get away with these forever. Every criminal falls into a pattern sooner or later, no matter how careful they are and Willow had been getting closer and closer. Of course, she was a step or two ahead of the police, she had always been able to see patterns in numbers and in other aspects of life, but sooner or later, she would be just that touch too careless, Batman or the police would have to bring the girl in, even if, following up on something Buffy had picked up, Catwoman had turned out to be more Robin Hood than anything else…and speaking – or rather thinking – of the devil, there she was.

Tara set about putting away the detergents that had needed using for the corridors, wiping sweat from her brow as another day was done. She heard the clicking of heels behind her as she locked the cupboard door and smiled as a shadow fell across her, its scent having reached her nose some time ago. She let a half smile play upon her lips, “afternoon ma’am, is there anything I can do for you?”

Willow pretended to consider, smiling at the laughing tone in Tara’s voice, “hmm, I’m sure here’s a couple of things I could think of that could be done in my office, but you’ve already put away the equipment for one such thing and I think my two-thirty would be shocked to find us doing the other.”

Tara dipped her head, letting her hair cover her face for a moment as the implication of what she had just heard registered in her mind, she felt a gentle finger lift her chin and turned to look into and get lost in Willow’s deep emerald green eyes. She gave a shy smile, “it’s only two-ten.”

“Yes, but if something is worth doing, it’s worth taking the time to do it properly.” Willow could see the blush creeping up Tara’s face and winked. Tara started to walk towards the exit and looked over her shoulder at Willow, waiting for her to fall into step, “are you still ok to be my guest tonight?”

Tara nodded her head, “w-what should I wear?”

Willow considered, “it’s a pretty flashy party, I could always get you something, I’m sure you’d like something of your own rather than relying on a friend to lend you something.” Of course, Willow knew that this ‘friend’ didn’t likely exist, but still…

Tara looked flustered for a moment, “I…I wouldn’t want people to think…”

Willow brushed this aside, “oh come on, I can buy my date whatever I like. Most people expect it now.”

“I’m n…not most people,” Tara considered for a moment, “and you haven’t been seen more than a handful of times with most people either, which would mean that you get tired of ‘most people’ expecting those gifts.”

Willow nodded her head, “ah, smart as well as beautiful. You’re right, but let me do this for you? I do want to.”

The two walked out of the building into the bright sunlight before Tara nodded her head, “ok.”

Willow smiled, “great. I really do have to get to that meeting, Xander should be back in ten minutes or so, he’s just gone to talk with Buffy, I’ll ring him up before going in.” Willow took out a chequebook and scribbled on the top page for a moment before signing the bottom and tearing it off with a flourish.

Willow held out the check for Tara and Tara took it, her eyes widening as she saw the name of the store on the ‘to’ line and the fact that the amount had been left blank, “Willow…I…just a dress there…”

Willow placed a gentle finger on Tara’s lips, “just ask for Sarah and she’ll look after you, she’s done this for me before, ok?”

Tara nodded her head, almost mute, Willow brushed her cheeks with her lips before walking into the building.

Xander had arrived at the coffee shop not long before Buffy. Now, he was not a man to turn down free mocha and donuts, no sir, but something in her voice had told him that she really needed to talk…about something serious. Xander, put frankly, was a goof and he knew this, so he wondered why it was him Buffy had gone to when she had her mother and Willow close by…

Which lead him to think that unless both were too busy for her, and being honest, neither of them ever were, it was something that she felt she couldn’t share with them, which made Xander a touch nervous.

Buffy walked in through the door, a box of donuts in her hand. She looked across the room and waved at Xander before walking over to the counter and ordering up coffees. It was a short wait before she gathered up two mugs, placing the box under her arm to do so, and walked on over to Xander. She sat down at the table, pushing his mug across and opening the box of donuts, taking one out for herself and biting into it.

Xander could see in Buffy’s eyes that something really was bothering her, “what’s the what?”

Buffy took a moment to take a deep breath and wipe a bit of sugar from the corner of her mouth. She sighed and took the photo from her pocket, “you remember Angel threatened Catwoman that he’d let the cat out the bag?”

Xander nodded his head and Buffy flicked the photo across to him, his eyes flickered over it and widened a touch. He studied the photo before cautiously offering, “well…anyone can get a copy of Photoshop nowadays…I mean I once put my head on Batman’s body…I think I found one of mine on yours, not quite sure how that got there…” Buffy kicked Xander under the table, “hey! I deleted it soon as I found it!”

Ignoring this, Buffy took Xander’s suggestion into consideration before shaking her head, “nuh-uh, he’s never bluffed, not once.”

Xander looked at the photo again, “I still don’t believe it, her? I mean we spoke to her last night…” something about Buffy’s expression clicked, “it’s not just Tara being in that picture that has you worried, is it?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders, “I guess…see, I know that Angel doesn’t bluff, whatever he says he’ll do, he does it.” Buffy knew that first hand…“so, I was waiting for him to give her to us, Xander. I’d actually forgot that he is the person he is, I was hoping that he’d get in touch, that we’d get this woman off the street.” Buffy sighed and gestured at the photo, “if she’s meant to be evil, what the hell does that make me?”

Xander took Buffy’s hands, “you’re a good cop, there’s nothing that is going to change that, but it looks like you’re struggling with the question of morality against law.”

“She can’t keep doing what she’s doing. I don’t care where the money is going, it’s not hers to give, but…”

Xander nodded his head, “anyone else and we wouldn’t be having this conversation, you’d be talking to them in the interview room.”

Buffy nodded, “and Willow…We should be focusing on Angel, I mean he’s the one that tried to kill Willow last night, but this photo…”

Xander shrugged his shoulders, “the head looks out of line with the neck to me, I’d say it’s someone jerking your chain.” They had already ruled out that possibility, but Xander said it as if the thought had never been mentioned, “seriously, I don’t see how you have any evidence to trouble the girl with and if Catwoman is as smart as you say she is, she isn’t likely to leave too much evidence lying around her home.”

Buffy nodded her head, “considering also that it was sent in by a criminal that might well be trying to divert attention from himself, I don’t see that there’s a DA that would touch it.” Buffy took the photo and slipped it into her pocket. What she and Xander had been saying was what any halfway decent defense attorney would say, but she knew, all it took was for the girl to be careless and that was it, there was nothing Buffy could or would do to help her. Buffy took a sip of her coffee and took one more donut, pushing the box across the Xander, “I take it I’m not the only one that thinks we shouldn’t show this to Willow.”

“Show what to Willow?”

Buffy nodded, “thanks, Xander.”

“Any time.”

It was a twenty minute drive later when Xander, having received his call from Willow, pulled into the staff carpark and pulled up alongside Tara. He didn’t really know what to think about her, he was sure that she wasn’t dangerous, at least if she had meant to hurt anyone, she had had her chances. This would be tricky for Willow though, he knew that, if this ever came out, he wasn’t sure just how she would take it.

He had wiped these thoughts from his mind as he gestured at the door, “it’s unlocked.” Tara nodded her head and climbed into the front seat. Xander grabbed the box with the remaining donuts from the back of the seat and offered one to Tara, she shook her head and Xander munched away on one for a moment before stretching back and smiling, “Will says we’re going somewhere special.” Tara nodded her head, with no apparent conversation forthcoming, Xander put the car in gear. As they waited at the junction for the main road, Xander popped open a cooler with a couple of cans of cola nicely cooling away, “a drink my lady?”

The tone in Xander’s voice made Tara giggle, he was so disarming, “I’m not anyone’s lady, but thank you.”

Xander smiled as Tara took a can, “oh, so you’re not Willow’s lady?” Tara looked at Xander out of the corner of her eyes, Xander noticed this look and held a hand up in mock surrender, “ok, ok, I’ll behave! Just please don’t look at me like my mother!”

Tara turned her eyes upon him, a smile dancing behind them, “I’m sure your mother had plenty of reason to use that look.”

Xander’s tone dripped childish innocence, “nuh-uh, I were a good lickle boy.” A sound very much like ‘pfft’ came from Tara’s mouth and Xander grimaced, “well, there was the time I…and then there was…oh and of course…is it any wonder I ended up living in the basement?”

Tara laughed, but the smile was suddenly a little brittle, “it b-beats n-not knowing whether you’ll even have that the next time the bills come through the door. We were always having to stay one step ahead of the next Final Demand.” Tara sighed as Xander drove on, “when people say how affluent Gotham is, they look at the people that could never spend all of their money if they gave half of it away, they could clear out their bank accounts and with the shares they have, they would spend less than a week with a five figure bank balance. People never stop to wonder where that money comes from.”

Xander nodded his head as he drove, a lot of that did make sense, there were people born on the right side of the genetic lottery, the rest had to make do. “A journo had a tape recorder on the roof Buffy was looking out on at the night of the party, Catwoman said something very like that, there’s at least four articles painting her out as America’s Robin Hood.” Xander looked at Tara as they stopped at a light, “what do you think of what she’s doing?”

Tara looked away for a moment, unsure of how to answer that, “if she’s as moral as those stories make her out to be, then she knows that what she is doing is wrong, but I’ve seen those stories, I had to put the papers in the lobby this morning, none of them look at why someone might be driven to do that.”

Xander nodded his head, it seemed that that answer had answered a question he himself had, it had helped him make his mind up over whether he really was going to warn Willow off. His easygoing façade hid more sense than anyone would credit him for. He spoke up as he drove on, “can I give you some advice?” Tara nodded her head as she took a sip from the cola can, “Someone dating someone with as high a profile as Willow, they have a fair bit of power. People are going to take an interest in you, they’re going to listen to what you say, y’know? Willow has also been out with a lot of the socialites in this city since she came out, they’re people who know how to fashion public opinion into daggers, it’s all they do, a lot of them aren’t going to like being upstaged by a cleaner. I kinda agree with what you’re saying, Willow is one of the good ones, for every one like her, there are ten or more that just don’t give a damn, but I would be careful with what you say to who for a while, people have a habit of turning innocent comments around on you. Beware those that act as friends in this world, they know what it means to keep their enemies close.”

Tara nodded her head, looking back to Xander with a curious look behind her eyes, “I think I should apologize.” Xander shrugged his shoulders and made a questioning gesture with his head, “I…last night, I took you at face value, now I get the feeling that it would be a big mistake for people to do that.”

Xander shrugged his shoulders, “I get to follow Will around when she’s in the limelight, no one pays attention to me, the girls she’s been with especially, Cordellia…ugh. It leaves me free to watch them, you would be surprised at what people give away about themselves when they don’t know they’re being watched, or rather when they don’t know they’re being watched in a way they’re not used to.”

On that comment, they pulled up outside one of the most exclusive clothes and jewelry stores in the city, Xander nodded at the car door, “wait outside the front door, I’ll just park up and I’ll be right there. Trust me when I say that’s easier than you staying with me.”

With Xander’s earlier comments in her mind, Tara nodded her head and stepped out of the car. She felt a little alone while he was away, the girls that passed this store were more than obviously of that class where money clearly wasn’t an issue. Some of them stared at Tara in her relatively plain clothes, she only having had time to change out of the cleaner’s uniform and into a halter that showed the smooth skin of her stomach and a pair of faded denim jeans. In a lot of circles, these would seem to be very smart casual clothes, but the unbridled derision that she saw in the eyes of some of the passers-by made her feel a little inferior, which, of course, they were meant to do, who would want a creature like this in their usual store?

It wasn’t long before Xander walked up to Tara, whistling a tune under his breath. He patted Tara reassuringly on the shoulder, having seen a little of what had happened as he had walked up the street, then he took a half step behind Tara, keeping behind her shoulder. Despite some of the incredulous stares coming her way, Tara felt a little better walking towards the store with the solid presence of Xander behind her. They walked in through the front door and Xander steered Tara with a gentle touch towards the front counter. Before they could get there, a young woman, probably not much older than Tara, wearing a shirt not quite buttoned up, a short skirt and heels, walked across, waving at Xander, “hey Xan, who’s your friend?”

Xander nodded at the girl as she pushed a magenta dyed lock from her eye and tucked it with the rest of her black hair behind her ear, “Hey Sarah, this is Tara.”

Sarah nodded her head and showed them a little further into the store, her gaze taking on a professional look as she sized Tara up, “I heard you and Willow made quite the splash a couple nights ago.” Tara just nodded her head, “hmm, how much has she given me to work with?” When Tara gave her a blank look, Sarah nodded towards her pocket, clearly meaning the cheque. Tara took that from her pocket and handed it across, Sarah looked at the cheque and her eyes widened as she gave a low whistle, “she must really like you, I tend to get an amount to go up to.”

Tara bit her lip and blushed a little, “sh…she just…”

Sarah smiled softly, “relax. If I know Xander like I do, he’s told you to be careful of us born a little better off, I’m not one of those who had a sudden impulse to start dating girls just because Willow did, if you knew how many of them have come in here…I can see why she likes you, you know, there’s something kinda different to you than the others.” Sarah continued to size Tara up a little, muttering under her breath and she clicked her fingers, a bright smile on her face, “ok, just wait there, I think I know just the dress.”

Sarah walked quickly towards the back as Xander sat down with Tara, “don’t worry about her. We’ve known Sarah since our schooldays, I never knew there was a human cheerleader till I met her. Willow helped her get in here and she’s one of the best they’ve got.”

Tara looked around the store as she listened to Xander and the two exchanged small-talk for the five minutes it took Sarah to walk back towards them, translucent red fabric folded neatly over her arm. She smiled brightly as Tara stood, “I’ve been saving this one, honestly, that isn’t just something I say to everyone. You want to come try it on?” Tara nodded her head and Sarah held out her hand, taking Tara’s softly in hers and leading her towards the dressing rooms, stopping as she got to the door, “sorry Xan, you know the rules, this is as far as you go.”

Xander gave her a grin, “how about just this once?”

Sarah shook her head with a resigned sigh, “and how about I tell Willow you wanted to watch her girl get dressed?”

Xander held up his hands in mock surrender, something Tara had noticed that he did a lot…while he knew people were taking notice of him, “you win, I’ll just wait out here and act like a typical guy eyeing up every bit of skirt that passes me by.”

Sarah gave a pearly laugh, “you’re one of the few guys I know who really do have to act, make yourself at home.” With that, the two passed through the doors into a changing room that was at least the size of a school lockeroom, a lot prettier and had an assortment of mirrors dotted around the room including the main one that took up an entire wall. Tara took a close look at the dress for the first time and her eyes widened as Sarah held it out for her to look at. Essentially, it was a sturdy corset connected to a skirt of translucent red that fell to Tara’s mid-thigh, Tara took a deep breath, “I’m…I’m going to need someone to help me into that.”

Sarah grinned, “Even better, you’ll need someone to help you out.” She winked at Tara, laughing at the light blush. “You want me to turn away while you take your clothes off?” Tara nodded her head and removed what she had worn coming into the store. She looked at the dress, looking for the best way into it.

Slipping it on after a good few minutes of fumbling and Sarah’s eventual help, she looked in the mirror as Sarah worked on the string, tightly tying them into place, the effect of which pushing Tara’s breasts together and up, hiding enough for the imagination, Sarah twirled her around and purred as she took in what she saw, “you might want to forget the bit about me staying straight…that dress would look good on anyone, but you pull it off my dear.” She looked over Tara with a critical eye, “hmm, needs shoes and I think I have something else that would go well with that, one sec.”

Sarah disappeared from the room and Tara looked herself over in the mirror. It took her a while but she did warm to the dress, it supported her where she needed to and though it showed off a little more than she would have liked, it showed off the right areas without making her look too much like a slut. It wasn’t long before Sarah, exchanging banter with Xander as she neared, came back into the room with a pair of red shoes with short spiked heels and a strap that would hold them in place above her ankle and a choker with what looked like a gem embedded at the front of it, the gem was a pale blue that almost matched Tara’s eyes.

Sarah put the shoes down in front of Tara, watching her as she stepped into them and tightened the straps, then she stood behind Tara, brushing back her hair as she placed the choker around her throat, “if you’ll listen to me, do nothing with that hair, just keep it loose. I’ve seen girls that have spent near thousands to get it that soft, you really can’t pull it off like someone who has it come naturally.” She checked that the strap wasn’t too tight before clipping it in place, again turning Tara around, “I think Willow might need to be careful tonight, I’m not sure that party knows what’s coming.”

Sarah grinned and led Tara, at first meeting a little resistance, out of the door and towards Xander. He looked Tara up and down and grinned, “I told her you’re good, Sarah, but I didn’t know you were that good.”

Sarah smiled, “all in what we have to work with, my dear friend. Are you going to this dig as well?”

Xander shrugged, “not really my kind of scene, though I gather you will be.”

“I can’t dress up these girls and let them have all the fun now, can I?”

Throughout all of this, Tara could feel how red her face was as she drew attention from those in the store, Xander looked at his watch, “speaking of, I think it’s high time we let you get ready and made tracks for home.”

Sarah nodded her head and helped Tara out of her dress, making sure that she had someone to help put it on later. She priced and bagged the clothes, filling out the cheque and putting it in the till before waving them from the store.

Faith grunted as she tied the last of the string in place. The shadows had just started to get long outside as she finished helping Tara get ready for the party. She had whistled herself, hardly able to believe the dress that Tara had brought into the house. Though she had had little experience with dresses like these, she had found her nimble fingers good for something other than picking locks and had made light work of the straps.

She looked Tara in the eyes as she turned her around, “be careful T, I mean it.”

Tara nodded her head, “I will.” She jumped slightly as there was a knock on the door and Faith grinned, “I think that that might be your ride.” She kissed Tara on the cheek and handed her the perfume she had only just got around to unpacking, she heard the door open as she sprayed the scent around her neck and shoulders, looking up as her bedroom door opened.

Willow had walked up the stairs with more than a little anticipation. She knew that Tara would look good at the party in anything, but she knew that Sarah always pulled a little something out of the bag and she was eager to see what she had done with Tara. Faith had given her a knowing smile as she had told her which room Tara was in and had knocked softly in the way that people do when they really want to say ‘hey, I knocked but no one answered so I thought I’d see what you were doing.’ When Tara looked up, Willow took in a deep breath, speechless for a long moment, “wow…

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi :wave

Two updates in such a little time... it feels like Christmas :grin
Now shame on me for reading and taking so much time to leave feedback :smash

Tara seems to be standing in the center of a closing circle. First it was Willow that suspected she was Cat woman and now Buffy and Xander know for sure. But it seems like her loyalties are shifting as she falls deeper into her relationship with Willow so I am hoping it will be all right.
I am really enjoying to read their interactions as their relationship grows and they both change because of it.

One thing that i really like about your story is that you adapted Cat woman's character to Tara's personality. On the movie Cat Woman was almost like a different person. A deranged and independent personality. Now your Tara is in control over the Cat all the way and I like it a lot better like that :)

This is such a great story and I hope your muse keeps helping you with it and that we'll have tons of updates to read :bounce

I just have a suggestion to make. If you posted on the Update thread it would be easier to spot your updates.

Now i'll wait patiently for the next update :bounce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

hey guys realy great update i got this idea that cat women ( was trying to steal ) and she face batman. while suddenly angel came from no where and fight with batman and angel try to kill catwomen but willow ( batman cant allowed that so she take the blow for her .etc

so what do you think

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Sabs: Yeah, poor Tara really is having people closing in on her, four people know for a fact that it is her and Buffy probably saved her bacon walking in at the right moment to take the piccie. Fortunately, she is also getting involved with a tight knit group of friends, it will be interesting to see what she will do if anything threatens that.

Tara has been through a rough ride, as Catwoman always does, but the thing that made me fall in love with Tara in the series was her mental strength, and that should come through in the time to come.

Chummy: Thanks for the props, we’ll see what happens in the future ;)

Now, for chap *sirens ring madly*

ALERT! THIS UPDATE CONTAINS MATERIAL OF THE SMUT VARIETY!

ALERT! THIS UPDATE CONTAINS MATERIAL OF THE SMUT VARIETY!

Erm…yeah, what he said.

Chapter Twelve

Willow was not the only one having to remember to breathe as Tara looked her over. Willow wore an ankle length sleeveless dress, one half of the neckline daringly low. The shimmering aqua material seemed to move with fluidity that one does not expect in fabric. Deep blue stilettos and a pearl necklace completed the outfit in a way that was just sublime, the dress was tight enough that it could be seen what Willow was – or rather was not – wearing underneath. Tara looked her up and down, and Willow titled her head to the side, an amused smile on her lips, “you’ll start catching flies if you’re not careful.” On Tara’s confused look, Willow laughed, “your mouth, wide open.”

Tara blushed and closed her mouth, “y…you’re…”

Willow smiled, “oh come now, I think you should look in the mirror before professing the beauty of another.” She walked forward, closing the distance and brushing a finger across the gem set in the choker, looking into Tara’s eyes, she titled her head to the side and leaned forward for a gentle kiss, taking Tara’s bottom lip softly between her teeth before she pulled away. Willow was the first to draw back and she could feel the smouldering lust that she could see in Tara’s eyes in her own. She held out an arm, “would you do me the honour of accompanying me to the dance, my Lady?”

Tara looked at Willow with a laugh behind her eyes, shaking her head as she remembered Xander using a phrase very much like that, she placed her hand gently upon Willow’s arm, “am I going to have to get used to being called that?”

Willow laughed, “no, but Xander did tell me what happened earlier.” The two began to walk down the stairs.

As they reached the door, Tara heard Faith’s wolf-whistle and looked up, “I shan’t need to bother waiting up then?”

Tara laughed and walked into the darkness towards the waiting limo. Xander grinned at her as he opened the back door and gestured for Tara to get in, Willow was not far behind. She leaned across as the door shut, a smirk on her lips, “I think you might need some help getting out of that.”

Tara laughed, “this has been pointed out. Alas, I have yet to find a volunteer.”

A touch of mock sadness crept behind Willow’s eyes, “oh that is sad, we wouldn’t want you to be trapped in that thing.”

Tara gave Willow a taste of what she had given Xander earlier, a look out of the side of her eyes, but she could not help the smile on her face, “I w…was hoping that someone special might offer to help.”

A curious look crept over Willow’s face as the car started to move, “did you have any particular special someone in mind?”

Tara leaned back in the seat as she considered, “I’m very picky over who gets to undress me, you know.” Tara was silent for a moment but she could feel Willow’s gaze upon her, “she would have to have a blaze of red hair, and green eyes that you feel as if you could fall into.”

Willow put her finger on her chin for a moment in contemplation, “hmm, I’m not sure I know of any green eyed redheads in Gotham, not a combination you usually see together…”

There was an exasperated sigh from the front seat, “ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me. I think I know…see, there’s this woman I work for…”

“I thought you worked for me.”

Xander carried on as if Willow hadn’t just interrupted him, “she’s going to this party I’m driving towards now…and…she is trying to be coy with her girlfriend and is doing a bad job of it.” There was a slight silence for a moment and another sigh from the driver before he continued, “Tara, would you like Willow to ‘help’ you out of that rather fetching dress?”

Tara laughed, “that’s what I was hinting at.”

“Good, now, Willow…do you want to help Tara out of said dress.”

“I could be convinced.” There was a slight growling sound from the front of the car as it stopped at a traffic light, “ok, ok, I would love to, there’s no need to get so stressed out about it.”

The car lurched forward, “glad we have that sorted out, I’d have hated for there to be arguments or misunderstandings at the party.”

“Oh what would I ever do without you, Xander.” The sarcasm dripped from Willow's voice causing Tara to laugh despite her blushes.

Xander laughed, “for one, you might not be helping the lovely Tara out of her dress tonight, she's too shy to ask, you're too coy to offer.”

“And you're too cheeky by half.”

Xander laughed at Willow's half-hearted rebuke, “I try,I try.”

While our heroes were laughing in their car, someone else had plans for the night and hey did not involve stripping someone out of her dress, not that he could usually get close enough to do so anyway. It was convenient that Rogers was holding his party tonight, how better to announce his arrival to the world than to steal the neuro-nuclear transmitter he needed in front of their gaping eyes. Fully decked out in his rather garish costume, it was a wonder how Warren thought he would pass by anywhere unnoticed, the pink hair and rather fetching little mask did little to help him in that cause, but then that was what cars were for, of course. Warren picked up a cane, took a hat and a long coat from the rather fetching hat and coat stand and away he went.

Xander had dropped Willow and Tara off down the street, hardly the norm, but then when was life ever conventional? They walked down the block hand in hand, silent for a moment as they could see the crowd in front of them growing, Willow could feel Tara's hand shake inside of hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. “You'll be fine, just smile.” Willow smiled herself and traced her finger across Tara's lips, “I fell in love with that smile the first time I saw it. Rosey had said something that had made you laugh, just as I was coming down the stairs.” Tara blushed, not knowing what to say, “just smile and people will love you, which is ok...as long as they're not the ones leaving with you.”

Willow winked at the last and Tara did indeed smile as they made it to the front of the building, cameras flashing around them as she slipped her arm into Willow's. She held back the urge to hide her face behind her hair as she could feel people's eyes on her and what she was wearing, rather revealing as it was. The two walked through the crowd as it parted to let the pair through. Willow walked up to Rogers, the host of the party, “good evening, my kind sir. Thank you for the invitation.”

“ Willow!” Rogers had the type of voice that boomed genially by default, “and this young lady must be your girlfriend, Tara? You look smashing, my dear!”

Willow smiled, “she is, I feel lucky to have her.”

“Good, good! Where is young Mr. Mears tonight?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “he said that he had other business to attend to tonight and asked me to send his most sincere regrets.”

“Well, we cannot let people who don't show up ruin the party for the rest of us, no! I hope you two have a good night.” Rogers took Willow's and Tara's hand by turn and ghosted a kiss on the back of them.

They were all going in, lambs to the slaughter. Soon there was going to be a wolf among the flock, maybe he would have just a nibble tonight. Hurt someone just because he could, maybe that skiv. He had warned her, warned her! It had been a nice warning as well, comparatively, some people just don't know when they're well off. The Riddler gave a low cackle, this was going to be fun.

As the pair walked into the room, the crowd pouring in behind them, Willow and Tara couldn't help but look around. Rogers was known to be more than a little eccentric, but not many would have had each wall painted a different vivid colour just for the event. And there, in the middle of the room, was a sparkling red gem, light hitting it bouncing off all over the place. But there was little time to stare, the band quickly started up with a “five, six, five-six-seven-eight!” and music pulsed throughout the room.

Willow turned to Tara and gave a small gesture with her head, “shall we dance?” Tara blushed and nodded her head until Willow brought her in close to her body, the bare flesh if Willow's cleavage brushing against the leather of Tara's corset, the touch arousing her. Tara found herself intoxicated with the scent Willow was wearing on her throat, lowering her head to her shoulder as they danced in time with the beat and taking a deep breath. For what felt like the longest time, there seemed to be nothing but the two of them and the beat of the music, even as other couples poured around them.

As the pulsating beat came to a stop, both Willow and Tara lifted their heads and looked into each other's eyes, feeling almost lost in the gaze of the other. The spell was broken by a hand laid on a shoulder of each and a high pitched squeal, “don't you two look gorgeous!”

Willow smiled as she turned to look at Sarah, herself dressed in a rather fetching pink leather catsuit, complete with ears and a tail, “I hope you put a little on to the price for yourself, I nearly dislocated my jaw when I saw Tara.”

Sarah laughed, “look around, dear, you're not the only one.” Indeed, there were a lot of eyes drawn to the couple that had gravitated towards the centre of the floor, “anyway, I'm going to get me some grub. I'll catch you two lovebirds later.”

There was a shift in the shadows as the thugs, now dressed in green with small question marks all over, materialised out of the darkness next to the Riddler. He looked over his shoulder, putting on his falsetto voice, “you all know what to do.” It was a statement, not a question. There was the general nodding that always meets such a statement. The Riddler gave one of the thugs near him the Box, “do be a darling and hold that for me, I must make my entrance, stage up.” He gave a self satisfied laugh, “they would never guess the wolf among the sheep, not a clue who makes them weep. Our acts tonight will go down in history, oh lord what fools these mortals be.”

There was a certain energy to the party, if it were one full of teens, there would be someone swinging from the chandelier (there is always one). But, this was a party for adults, there would be no such frivolity, instead, the champagne flowed like orange juice, though there was wine and soft drinks for those that did not like such things, alas, there was no mocha.

Still, it went as parties do, which may be why no one had the slightest inkling that something might be the tinsiest bit wrong. In Willow's mind, however, something was setting off her spidey senses...or rather her bat senses. As the tango pulsated around them, Willow steered Tara towards the edge of the floor. Suddenly, there was a sound of shattering glass and the tinkles that come from a thousand shards raining down like overly enthusiastic hailstones upon the revelers. Suddenly, there was a burst of green as a man, for lack of a better word, skidded down the the links of the chandelier, managing a rather graceful front flip before he landed on the floor, twirling a cane in his hand, “no body moves and nobody gets hurt! Ooh how I've always wanted to say that.” The man gave a high-pitched cackle as the crowd looked at him in shock. He nodded to a group of men, a lot of them having a very heavy suggestion of guns about their person. “I do hope that no one is going to try anything heroic, that would be boringly cliché.” The strange man started to direct traffic, sending a couple of men through the hall.

Out of sight of the men, Willow nudged a certain candlestick and a panel of wall moved just an inch. Looking around to make sure they hadn't been spotted,Willow pulled Tara out of the gap with her and they found themselves near the entrance-way, Willow hissed into Tara's ear as she dragged her outside and left her by a wall near the front gate, “Stay here until Xander gets here, I will keep a lookout from over there and call him and the police.”

Tara nodded her head, as Willow walked towards the side of the house where she herself shouldn't be seen, she reached into her handbag, taking out her phone. First she called Xander, telling him where Tara was and where to wait, then she phoned Giles. “Giles, I'm going to need the suit and help out of this damn dress.”

It seemed that the Riddler, as he had now introduced himself, was having the time of his life, out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone head for the phone on the sidewall, he pointed his cane at the phone and tripped a switch, sending out a powerful laser that fried it, “now what did I say about acting the hero?” He tutted and raised the cane again, only a shadow in the door caught his eye, “Ah, Bats, here to 'save the day', no doubt! Come, join the party.”

As one, a dozen guns pointed at Batman, his batarang flicked out on a chord and wrapped around the chandelier, he swung upwards, avoiding a barrage of gunfire before removing a link and causing the crystals connected to it to cascade down upon the gunmen. He landed softly and dropped a smoke pill, quickly enveloping the room in thick smoke, using this, he grabbed a gunman around the throat, the gunman jolted as his body was hit by a bullet and then was thrown forward into the closest of his compatriots.

Turning, Batman moved towards Riddler just as another of his thugs ran into the room and threw him a box, holding out something else for him to see. Riddler turned to Batman and shot the laser at him, putting him off his stride. Riddler practically skipped across to the thug and placed the box on the floor. He made a couple of movements with his cane, pointed it down and twisted the head. There was a bright flash and more acrid smoke from the box and a burst of flame from the cane as the Riddler and his thug flew out of the gap in the ceiling and into the night. Batman was quick with his batarang, it thudded into the ceiling allowing Batman to swing onto the roof...Riddler was already gone.

He sighed and keyed on his radio, “Lost him, he's gone for the night, apparently with whatever it was he came for.”

“I understand, I shall have the computer try and locate where he might stop.”

“Don't bother, it isn't programmed to take into account jet propelled canes...yet. How are the two that got out?”

“They are quite fine.”

Willow put a hand on the cowl and exposed her face to the cool night sky, “I'm coming down.”

Willow walked up to the car she had left Xander and Tara in, dressed back in her party dress now. She had seen the police storm into the Manor but apart from the body, all of the thugs had managed to leave in the confusion. She walked up to the car and wrapped Tara in a fierce hug as she stepped out to meet her. “Will you and Xander be ok here a while longer? I saw Buffy going in, there might be something I can do to help her. Coding whiz and all that.”

Tara nodded her head, but before letting go, closed the distance between her lips and Willow's, catching her in a passionate kiss. Willow drew away first after a long moment and caressed Tara's face with her thumb, speechless, before walking into the building.

As Willow walked back into the main reception room, she was greeted by Buffy holding a box, a large question mark on each side, he top of it open. From the inside had risen a tree, the branches of which holding a piece of paper. Buffy nodded at Willow as she took the paper in her latex glove covered hands, “mother will call for Batman in the morning to collect this, he's God knows where now. I thought you might like to look though.”

Willow nodded as Buffy unrolled the parchment to read the following verse.

There is a certain kind of tree
Very much like you and me
Not rooted down but it moves free
Look around, can you see?

Willow thought about it for a moment, she had an inkling but shrugged her shoulders, “bad poetry, maybe Batman will make something of it.”

“If you had to guess though?”

“I'd say he's talking about me.”

Buffy nodded her head, “Go home, Will, get some sleep. I'll call you in the morning.”

Willow nodded her head and walked back towards the car.

As the car pulled up to Rosenberg Estates, Tara looked across at Willow and could see a certain fatigue in her eye. She didn't know what could be causing this, though she had told her about the riddle, “you l-look l-like you could use some company.”

Willow turned to Tara and looked her in the eyes, she nodded her head. “Besides, I believe I made a promise to help you out of that dress.”

Tara raised an eyebrow, “I d-don't have any other c-clothes.”

“I have too many.”

Tara nodded her head, “I'll call Faith, she'll worry if she sees the news.”

Willow nodded as Xander set about getting them into the Estate. He gave the two a look out of the side of his eye, “I had better try to get to sleep now before I find I can't.”

Willow nudged him and he stuck his tongue out before heading off up the stairs, taking them two at a time. Tara laughed and Willow caught herself staring at the smile that could brighten a room. She led Tara up the stairs at a rather more sedate pace and into her luxurious room, a Queen-sized bed immediately drawn to the eye.

Willow drew Tara into the room and kicked he door shut. She turned Tara around and turned her back on her, “unzip me.”

Tara nodded her head and unzipped the back of the silk dress, slowly revealing Willow's back. Willow smirked as she turned around, the fabric sliding free of her breasts, her hardened nipples and her already soaked pink silk panties showing her arousal.

She did not give Tara much time to stare at her, turning her around and toying with the laces that kept Tara's bodice in place. With a lazy finger, she undid the string from the top straps, leaning forward as she did and tracing kisses along the back of Tara's neck and shoulders, her breasts rubbing against the leather still drawn around Tara's back. She undid the second set of holes, this time nibbling the back of her neck, drawing an aroused moan. As the third set of laces were undone,Tara's breasts popped out of the bodice and Willow began to caress them, rubbing her own breasts against Tara's bare skin. Willow's breathing was hitched in her throat and she could smell Tara's arousal. Tara pulled at the bottom of her bodice, murmuring to Willow to undress her. Willow made quick work of the last two sets of laces and tapped Tara's armpits, Tara lifted her arms obediently and Willow lifted the skirt over her head.

Tara turned around to face Willow, hiding her face behind her hair as Willow stared at her breasts. She moved in towards Tara and raised her head, softly kissing Tara's lips, a soft kiss that became more passionate, more needy. She hooked her thumbs into the lining of Tara's blood red g-string, inching them down Tara's legs as Tara's fingers found the laces that kept Willow's underwear up, the two disrobed each other. Tara stepped over her wet panties and Willow took a gentle hold of Tara's breasts, pushing Tara towards the bed. As the bed hit the back of Tara's knees, she sat and inched up the bed, Willow following her along the way, her breasts and Tara's touching all the way.

Willow uttered a low moan as Tara gently latched her teeth onto Willow's pulsepoint, suckling on it in a way that was bound to leave a mark. Willow's hands caressed Tara's body, her shoulders, her breasts, they lingered on her stomach before moving down to her thighs. Willow settled herself down, her thigh between Tara's two, and sought Tara's hand, her own teasing open Tara's soft centre as she drew Tara's fingers to her own. The two kissed slowly as Willows finger entered Tara's hot mound, the shock buckled Tara's hips upwards and she started to set a rhythm with her hips, matching it with her own finger inside of Willow. Willow's free hand stroked Tara's hair, pulling her head towards her breast, moaning in reply to Tara's pulsating moan into her flesh.

The two were in perfect harmony, their heartbeats thudding in time with the other, both unable to control their breathing, yet their moans rising in harmony until they shook the very foundations of the room. Tara was vaguely aware of hot pools of liquid spreading around her as she and Willow both gushed around each other's fingers and then, the movement slowed, Tara fell limp against the bed with the almost dead weight of Willow on top of her, the warmth like a cocoon. She felt...safe.

She gave a breathless sigh as Willow rolled from on top of her and onto the bed, her eyes glazed over, her arm still across Tara's chest where it lay unmoving, Tara's arms and legs curled themselves around Willow's body as sleep stole over the two and they were dead to the night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:51 am 
3. Flaming O

:blush Wow! Very nice update. I've just read all the chapters and I definetly like the story so far. Please hurry with another update!

Hannah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

that was wonderful can't wait to see what will happened next plz update soon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 am 
18. Breast Gal

Aww... I like how you have Willow and Tara flirting. Aside from being sweet for its own sake, there's a nice level of maturity and confidence in both of them that's appropriate to adults with self-driven careers (even if those careers consist of 'cat burglar' and 'dark knight'). And yet there's still the right tone and character to keep them identifiable as the same people we know from their college-roommate-vampire-fighting canon selves. Nice work. And nice dress :blush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 am 
3. Flaming O

plz update soon I like this story

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:44 am 
5. Willowhand

luv it