The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic Club - Hiatus
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
Like a book club but without the stuffiness and the ability to go up to someone on the train reading the same thing to discuss that chapter where they have a date at Hooters or Santa resurrects Tara.

The Board has so much to offer with fan fiction and some stuff gets lost in the endless pages, or its been so long since an update or the Author last logged on that it it seems futile to leave feedback(Never futile, feedback is always good)

The fic club is a celebration of the long reads in Pens and the archives.
Its a place where instead of giving the writer direct feedback, readers can just discuss what they like, dislike and found intriguing about the story. Explore themes, share a laugh at the jokes and raise important talking points.

A new story will be selected each 2-3 months (depending on story length, board events, time of year).
The discussion will take place on this thread and a Moderator Fantastico will then move the posts over to the story so the author will get it, once the discussion time is over.

So if you have a story you are dying to talk about, maybe you've written a story you'd like more attention for or maybe you're so frustrated a story hasn't been updated in so long you want to highlight it to try and give the writer a boost to continue. Then please message me and Ill be sure to choose it as one the selected stories.

As we head into this new venture I feel its only appropriate to choose a story that depicts the start of what created all of this.

The selected story this time is:

The journal of Tara Maclay by Garner

This Canon adjacent story starts right at the very beginnings of the couple we know oh so well. This story offers a unique approach to the tale as it is all written in the form of diary entries to Tara's deceased mother. It goes a step further by offering an original story line allowing adventure within the romance. The story tackles aspects the show didn't, such as homophobia among the students and the studying aspect of Tara and Willows growth in magic.
While the story isn't complete it is fleshed out enough for it to be a satisfactory read.

The discussion will take place on this thread on 11/03/2022 - 14/03/2022 (That's the 11-14 march for those backwards day/month writers. hehehe)

So Ill see you then for when ya gotta let it out.

We've had the canon and now its time for an AU take of what created all this. Plus Will's Redemption and shirrey recommended it, repeatedly.

The next story selected is Inevitable by Laragh.

The official summary provided by Laragh: “A childhood-friends-to-lovers AU and the rocky road they take to find themselves and each other)” and deals with the pain and journey of falling in love with the perfect girl next door when your own insecurities skew everything that perfection means. It takes a lot, including a full navigation of the globe to make these two come full circle but a connection forms that will see them through the rest of their lives

The discussion will take place June 10th -13th and check it out below, Laragh has confirmed to answer any questions!

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fic Club
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
That's the first story discussion come to an end. Thankyou to everyone who took part in the discussion, read the discussion or gave the story a try.

Sorry Garner couldn't be available for the Q&A, He is very pleased to know his stories are still enjoyed and hopes for the KB to have another 21 years.

If you are late to the party please do leave feedback on The Journal of Tara Maclay. Its great to let writers know what you think but also as a reader its always interesting to read others interpretations and to know if the long read is any good before deciding 15 chapters in hehehe.

Thankyou all and see you next time for Inevitable by Laragh

June 2023 Update - I have no desire to continue this format on the KB.
If someone would like to take it over in future, you are most welcome to.
Please feel free to message me about it, I'd be happy to share the long term plans and potential selected fics, along with intentions and goals for the format on a wider value. Just for insight reasons. Its for whoever to shape how they want.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fic Club
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:06 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Just to note, upon completion of each Fic Club, the posts regarding the fic in question will be moved to the respective fic's thread.

This is to keep this thread easy to read and accessible to all and to allow people reading the stories in the future to enjoy the feedback that came of it too.

On a personal note, I am honored Dub asked me to be the next subject of Fic Club and I most certainly will answer any and all questions any lovely kittens happen to have!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow