The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: A Woman In Uniform - UPDATED 10/18/2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm 
28. Com...plete

Hi guys :bigwave Yes, it's me after all this time...and yes this is an update. Rather a short one but just to get us back into the swing of things. Sorry it has taken so long, but as it turns out marriage and having an actual life kind of cut into one's free time. Who knew? Anyway, there will probably be one or two chapters to follow and then an epilogue...it's essentially all written in my head I just have to turn it into words on the page...I'm even having ideas for finishing my other story The Traveller's Tale If I may be redundant, sorry it has taken so long...for a while there I didn't think I'd finish it at all, because frankly I wrote all those incredibly graphic sex scenes when I was single and now that I have a wife I find them a bit embarrassing...anyway, here it is I hope you enjoy it...

Title: A Woman in Uniform Chapter 26
Author: Umgaynow aka Sandi aka Mrs. Willowtree252 :grin
Rating: probably PG-13 for language
Disclaimers: I don't own shit...except for three trying yet adorable doggies!

When last we left our intrepid heroines...

"The bogey just came out of Deep Fried Pussy...OVER."

"Oh, that is sooo wrong...come again, Tink...OVER."

"Target just exiting Pussy's territory...ought to be in your sector in about 20 or so...OVER."

"Oh...that soon? Yikes...OK...I can do this...I can do this...Thanks, Tink...give the word to the others...I've got it from here...I hope...wish me luck...Red Leader OUT."

"This is Tinkerbell...do you read Juicy Lucy? Rebel Yell? DFP? Firecrotch? We are now moving into Phase 3...I repeat Phase 3...Tinkerbell OVER and OUT."

And now...

"That's Endgame, people...I repeat...WE HAVE ENDGAME...Good work most of you...Firefly OVER and OUT."

"Now it's all up to the mega-witches and their magic hairball," Buffy genuflected, "Oy Vey!"

"You know, when I came out, I promised myself I was never gonna go back in," the blonde grumbled as she readjusted her position, "And yet, here I am squatting in a closet. I'd call that ironic...unlike rain on your wedding day."

Despite the multitude of dangerous turns her comparatively short life had taken, Tara could not recall the last time she had felt this anxious, this nervous, this heart-in-your-throat-bats-in-your-tummy-one-damp-sock-cuz-ya-pissed-your-pants-plain-fucking-terrified.

This is the big one, Maclay. Everything is riding on it, not the least of which is Willow's life. You've gotta give it all you've got, be the best that you can be, this is for all the marbles...

"Ehem"

Yes?

"Do you have any more movie trailer cliches?"

No...I'm done...as you were...no...wait...this time it's personal!

Sometimes that little voice in the back of her head could be so annoying.

"This spell has got to work! I really, really hope I got that damned translation right..." she nibbled her thumbnail.

It's a little late to be worrying about that now, don't you think?

"Shut up! I can do this!"

Oh, certainly...just because no one else has ever been able to make the thing work is no reason to...

"Correct me if I'm wrong but did I or did I not just say shut up?"

By all means...don't listen to me...forget I said a word...what do I know? Of course, I'm not the one squatting in a closet arguing with herself like a crazy person here...

"I am not crazy! And I am not..." OOOPS! Deep breaths, Tara...deep breaths.

"God, I hate waiting..."

Hey...think of the alternative...

If the witch could have figured out a way to raise a threatening eyebrow at her own inner monologue, she would have done it.

"I'm so glad I had the presence of mind to do that no peeing incantation...now if I could just manage not to throw up...deep breaths, Maclay...come on...focus...focus!"

Did you just hear something?

"Shit!"

Voices...the actual external kind...footsteps on the porch...the doorknob...

"OK, here we go...I love you, Willow...make me proud."

"I am not here...I am invisible...you cannot see me...I am like the window...you can see right through me...I am like Saran Wrap...I am invisible..."

Oooooooo...that was poetic...

Earlier that same morning...

"Sonofabiscuit! Aaaarrrghhh! I still can't get this thing right!" the redhead whined as she tried to free herself from the halzband, "Taraaaa!"

The elder witch pulled effortlessly at a loose end and the amulet fell free. "Now pay attention, Willow! This is the last time I'm going to show you..." she scolded, as she twined the cord about her own naked body, "Concentrate! When the time comes, I won't be here to help you..."

"It's not gonna work anyway...we've tried it like a million times, with and without my hair...the thing's a dud! I never should have gotten that trim."

"It'll work, Sweetie...somehow...it has to" Tara whispered as she unwrapped herself, "OWW!"

"Oh my God! Oh my God, Baby! Are you OK? Did it zap you? What do I do? What do I do?"

"Relax, Will...I'm fine...just snagged a couple short and curlys."

Her lover winced in sympathy, "Now, explain to me again why it needs to go over my boobs, around my waist and between my legs if it's a necklace."

"Think of it as an insurance policy."

"More like a chastity belt," Willow teased.

Tara handed the amulet over to her lover, "Now show me."

The redhead did exactly as her girlfriend had done, only a bit more slowly, "Ta-dah!"

"See...I told you...easy as pie."

"Mmm-hmmm," she gave her that certain smile. Actually it was more of a smirk.

"I'm gonna kill you, Rosenberg! You knew all along, didn't you?"

"Well...um...yes...but...practice is of the good right? And besides..." she flinched a little as if expecting a swat, "If I'd gotten it right on the first try, you would have put your clothes back on an hour ago."

"Perv!" The blonde grabbed her lover and kissing her soundly, then resting their foreheads together, "Seriously, Wills...we've got the incantation down...the amulet squared away...you've passed Heather 101 with flying colors...we've done all we can do...now it all comes down to timing...and luck...luck is gonna be a big factor."

"I found you didn't I? The way I figure it, I must be one lucky-ass bitch."

"Then I suppose logic dictates that the same must be true for me."

"Hell, that demon ass is practically already whupped," she smoothed an errant strand of hair back off the blonde's forehead, "Now stop worrying, OK?"

"Yeah...sure..." she suddenly seemed to find her feet fascinating.

"Tara..."

"You don't have to do this, Will..." Despite all their preparation, something was making her Hunter senses tingle and she couldn't seem to shake it. "We can find another way."

"Oh no...no way...it's the end of the road for that skank...here and now!"

"I can't lose you, baby...what if..."

"This is not my first rodeo, Tara," the detective interrupted, "I assure you I can handle myself!"

"Maybe so...but I doubt you've ever gone undercover on an evil magical horse."

"Wait! Horse?!? What's this about a horse all of a sudden? You never mentioned anything about a horse! That's it...I'm out!"

"Easy there, girl...strictly a metaphorical horse...I promise..." she pulled the frantic redhead into an embrace, "I was talking about Heather."

"So more like an evil, magical whore, then?"

"Check...now come to bed."

"Speaking of riding..."

"Cute, Rosenberg...but I was talking about sleep...we're gonna need all our strength tonight."

"Well, sometimes I feel quite energized after..."

"Uh-huh..."

TBC

That's it for now...hope you dug it. No specific timetable on the rest but like I said it's already written in my head so it won't be years in between updates next time...Sandi out :kgeek

Amber: Oh yes, Aly and I will take credit for that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dib's I am so proud of you for updating. I love the deep fried pussy like you say down here in the south they would fry just about anything. As always it flows the girl still got it :applause By the way I love the smut so bring it on I don't think its to risque at all!!! :wtkiss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 am 
28. Com...plete

If anyone out there is still listening I did a rough of the final chapter yesterday

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 am 
9. Gay Now

Big yay!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:22 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
That's awesome! Looking forward to it being finished.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:35 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I'm happy that it will be finish can't wait to read it :eatme

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:32 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! :banana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 pm 
28. Com...plete

Hello kittens

Just letting you know the entire rough draft is complete...I have decided to split it into two chapters and an epilogue...simply because I'm in a flare and can't handle doing too much at a shot...rewrites on the first update are complete and barring disaster I will be posting it tonight...the additional chapter and epilogue should be posted this weekend...I don't have a computer any more so I have to go to the library Thanks for sticking with it all this time, you rock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 pm 
9. Gay Now

Big yay... Can't wait...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 pm 
28. Com...plete

Title: A Woman In Uniform Chapter 27
[b]Author: umgaynow
Rating:[/b]PG-13
Disclaimer: Willow, Tara and all ancillary characters from, in and of the Buffyverse are the property of Joss Whedon and all the other Mutant Enemy peeps, I am only using them for my own nefarious purposes and claim no ownership of any kind not even in a temporary illegal rental sort of way. Heather, however is entirely mine, not that I'd want her mind you. Although I must confess the name was inspired by an evil ex.
Note: Character thoughts are in italic, also Heather's name since it isn't really her name and of course special emphasis. Also the spell words will be in bold just to make them stand out. Translation of the spell will appear at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

A Woman in Uniform Chapter 27

Tara held her breath in nervous anticipation as the sound of two sets of footsteps in the hallway drew closer, eventually replaced by the familiar creak of the bedroom door opening. Slowly and silently she exhaled, focused only on making her habitually busy mind a blank slate, lest the succubus detect her presence. Peering between the louvers of the closet door, she saw the detective and her ersatz lover half-stumbling, half-walking into the room,m kissing all the way. For a fleeting moment, her true love's eyes met with her own and though she could see some small measure of fear swimming in the emerald depths, she could tell that the redhead's main focus was on trying not to vomit.
The pair of them fell onto the bed, with Heather landing on top. Of course. She began nibbling Willow's ear...big mistake...which only started her giggling and pushing her away. See...told you.

"I've had enough pre-heating, Baby," the detective whimpered in mock frustration, "Let's get to the real cooking..."

"Mmmmm...I was hoping you'd say that," the faux Tara purred.

The closet-bound witch watched as the demon slut fairly slithered down her girlfriend's body and commenced the task of undoing her knee-high lace-up boots, obviously not happy with the situation. She was going to treasure this kill, another Maclay lover and she wanted to get on with it.

"Grrrrr...you and your damned jeans and boots," she grumbled, "Whatever happened to women wearing skirts and high heels?"

"Well...if you'd prefer some lipstick chick..." Go Willow. Show that evil whore who's boss!

"Forget I said anything," Heather chuckled, lustfully.

"Yeah, I figured you'd say that...anyway, my boots have heels," she mock pouted.

"So they do..." the beast conceded, as she pulled off one and then the other, chucking them over her shoulder and climbing back up the bed to rip open the buttons of Willow's 501s in one go, then removing the Levi's with a single quick yank to the legs, she tossed those aside too.

"Oooooh, someone's enthusiastic tonight..." the comely copper quipped.

Fixing her victim with a predatory leer, the soulless succubus began kissing her way up the pale, lightly freckled legs. When she arrived at their apex, she espied a few stray hairs, which unbeknownst to her were part of the amulet, curling out from beneath the legband of the redhead's panties.

"Looks like someone's overdue for a wax..." she teased.

"Naaaa...I'm more of an old-fashioned girl!" Willow exclaimed, grabbing hold of the halzband where it crossed her breasts.

Hearing her cue, Tara burst forth from her hiding place and seized her lover's hand.

"Maclay!" Heather snarled, "I thought you came out of the closet years ago!" she punctuated with an evil chuckle.

"Fuck you!"

"I believe I'll reserve that pleasure for your girlfriend here," the beast hissed, "After all, the first one was so tasty."

That did it. Tara had had enough.

"Friirn!!" she hollered, pointing a finger at Heather.

The demon suddenly found herself paralyzed and unable to speak.

Adjusting their grip on each other, so that they were grasping both hands and the halzband, Willow and Tara kissed briefly, nodded in readiness and began chanting in unison...

"Durch der macht fun meshpokha...durch der macht fun der mutters fun seier mutters und seier mutters frier sei...durch der groismacht fun der libe as zu machn wi einzik Ruth und Naomi...wi es machn wi einzik uns...wi es machn wi einzik ale froi zint der onheib fun zeit...ich bofeln dich zu hern mein wort!"

"Avekgeyn! Nelm vern! Tsurikumen tsu der gehenem velkh geboyrn du keyn mol nisht tsu metame zayn dos shetekh nokhamol...tsu laydn arayn eybik mutshen far der shed du ton!"

"Und bakumen ayer eygn khaverte! Du megn nisht hobn grub! Du paskudne-tokhes geslopes-malpe!!"

As the two witches recited the incantation, Heather began dissolving into less and less solid form, until she was finally made up of nothing but a poorly defined form wrought in shimmering mist. With Tara's penultimate pronouncement a roaring vortex appeared on the ceiling and the evil creature was sucked up into it, as Willow would later describe it, like a giant cosmic dustbuster. Whereupon, it disappeared with an audible pop, even more quickly than it had materialized.

"Well, that was anti-climactic."

"Don't make me kick you, Rosenberg."

"Later...later..."

The two lovers collapsed onto the bed in a fit of giggles, oddly enough, elated but exhausted.

"I can't believe it actually worked," the redhead yawned.

"Well, you know what they say...practice makes perfect."

"Remind me to roll my eyes at you later when I actually have the energy."

The senior witch grinned and kissed her lover on the forehead, "Whatever you say, Baby."

"Hey! Speaking of whatever you say...I don't recall rehearsing that last part."

"Yeah, well...I got a little excited."

"Uh-huh..."

"She got personal!"

"OK...OK...but since when do you know Yiddish?"

"Long story...later, Baby...much later."

"Mmmmmhmmm...sleep now...night Tar..."

"Goodnight, my love."

Tara Maclay closed her eyes, at last secure in the knowledge that for once she could close them both. The Hunter was no more.

TBC

Spell translation

"Freeze!"

"By the power of family...by the power of our Mother's Mothers and their Mothers before them...by the grand power of Ruth and Naomi and the love that bound them together...as it binds us...as it has bound all women since time began...I command you to heed my words!"

"Away! Be gone! Back to the Hell that spawned you, never to defile this realm again. To suffer in eternal torment for the evils you have done!"

"And get your own girlfriend! You can't have mine! You skanky-ass snatch-monkey!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:banana :banana Honey pie I am so proud of you just one more chapter! As always your writing style is perfection! You live your words before you post them. Please don't retire your uniform and handcuffs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm 
28. Com...plete

Well, it's finished...it took 8 years and 5 months but its finished...I'm the Margaret Mitchell of fanfic, what can I say? Stupid fibromyalgia... Without it I would have finished years ago...ah we'll, will try to post tomorrow

Post subject: Re: A Woman In Uniform - UPDATED 3/23/2013
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:16 pm 
28. Com...plete

Title: A Woman In Uniform - chapter 28
Author: umgaynow aka the Margaret Mitchell of fanfic (8 and a half years bitches!)
Rating: light R for language
Disclaimer: All Buffyverse characters herein and herein contained belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The only thing I own is the key to the heart of a certain southern drawlin' Mod and 3 out of control canines
Note: I would like to dedicate this finally completed story to the love of my life, Dianne (Dia in the Kittenverse) for encouraging me to finish it and to all the Kittens who were at Murder By The Book to see Amber for letting me know that you still cared and were still out there reading. Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.
Also, Honey...you know we lost the key to the handcuffs and I keep telling you it costs way too much to dry clean that uniform...but if you could find a 1970s Dairy Queen uniform and some color-coordinated alligator clown shoes that would really work for me

A Woman In Uniform: Chapter 28 (the final chapter...unless you count the epilogue)

Two enormously satisfied witches lazed in bed, extremely goofy identical grins adorning their flushed faces. They were happy, blissful even, but quite thoroughly exhausted. And who wouldn't be? In the week that had passed since their confrontation with and subsequent vanquishing of Helianngggtherxygxtxqzyxyzzggcz, the lesbocious lovebirds had done little except demonstrate exactly how much they loved each other. Many, many times in many, many ways in many, many areas of the house; the wardrobe being a particular favorite. Fueled by all the tension they'd both stored up during Heather's extensive killing spree and all the brand-new-relationship-screwing-our-brains-out time they'd missed out on, the pair were really really doing their best to make up for lost time, which had lead to their present, pleasant state of extreme exhaustion. Willow was so worn out she could barely blink, let alone move. However, as had been the case for both of them the last seven days, her brain was just way too keyed up to allow anything as inactive as sleep. So, as she was wont to do when there seemed to be no alternative, she slipped into babble mode.

"Soooo, something has been on my for...oh...I don't know...the last week or so...not that I haven't been otherwise occupied...I certainly wouldn't say I've been preoccupied...it's not that I haven't been concentrating on our...well...activities...I haven't been thinking of other things or other...God no...never other people...not people...that's plural...no groups...eeeew...I mean other persons ...although I certainly haven't been thinking of them either...never, Baby...not with you...I'm always right there...you are so..."

"Willow...Honey...was there actually a point in there somewhere?"

"The spell...that last part of the spell...and Bubbe's letter...I don't get it...I mean we didn't rehearse...and you said...you told me you couldn't read it...you didn't speak Yiddish..."

"No, Honey...I said I didn't read Yiddish."

"Oh...that's OK then...huh?"

"I never said I couldn't speak Yiddish...then again you never asked."

"Your name is Maclay...you're Irish...then there was that little "Yiddish lesson" in your trailer...which was admittedly fun, but...what the hell, Tara?"

"Long story."

"I don't have anywhere I need to be."

"OK then...you remember that oh-so-romantic story I told you about my great-grandparents?"

"You mean the one about them meeting on the boat from "the old country" and falling in love and the little orphan boy who followed your great grandmother around calling her his Star Princess?"

"Yeah, that one...Well...it's not quite 100% true."

"Taraaaa!" the redhead pouted.

"Then again it's not exactly fiction either...it's just that a few of the details are a bit...well...different."

Emerald eyes shot her the cold cold stare.

"Anyway, while it's true that Sarah fell in love with Eli's gentle hands...and that my great-grandmother had red hair and freckles and a smile like a Dublin sunrise and eyes as blue as the door on McGinty's Pub."

"Oh thank God...that's my favorite part."

"The thing is they met while they were both in quarantine at Ellis Island...they didn't meet on the boat..."

"But what about the little orphan boy?"

"I think it's best if I leave you your illusions on that particular bit of the story."

The redhead made a face similar to the one she'd worn when they'd watched Wild Kingdom together and the lion had caught the zebra.

"You see, Sarah's last name wasn't really Clooney...Eli made that up so his Irish Catholic mother would accept her."

"So, there's no chance you're related to George Clooney?"

"Doubtful...very doubtful..."

"Oh...Xander will be so disappointed."

"I know."

"So who was she then...really?"

"Well, like I said, they didn't meet on the boat...they couldn't have...they came from two different countries...Eli from Ireland and Sarah from Russia...her real name wasn't Clooney...it was Kleine..."

"Wait a minute...are you telling me?"

"Yup...I'm a nice jewish girl...at least part of me is..."

"Wow..." Willow seemed to be in shock, "Somewhere, right now, my Bubbe is kvelling."

"She'd be so proud."

"So, why didn't you tell me this when I got her package?"

"I wanted to make sure that wasn't the only reason you liked me."

"You doofus."

"I've never denied that."

"True...hmmmm...I wonder..."

"What, Baby?"

"Maybe that's why it worked...the amulet...because you're jewish."

"Will...so were the women in your family line who passed it down."

"Oh yeah...duh me...I guess it's what my Bubbe said...they really didn't know true love...that's so sad..."

"I'm not so sure about that, Honey...I've been studying the letter...researching the incantation...and I really think it was a mistranslation...the whole "a woman who is beloved in conjunction with another woman blah blah thing. The clerics in those days, who were often the only ones who could write, automatically translated everything to the male perspective, even if they had to make it horrifically ungrammatical to do it."

"Patriarchy, man."

Tara smiled at her unique lover, "You see, I think what the translation really ought to be is that it works best when used by a woman in love in conjunction with another woman who loves her in return."

"Like Ruth and Naomi..."

"Exactly..."

"Like us..."

"Uh-huh...and there's another thing about that letter...your Bubbe said that if you found a woman who made you happy, as far as she was concerned she was meshpokha."

"You are family, Baby."

"I love you, too Darling."

"Oh my God...I know what you're getting at..."

"The dangers of ending your sentences with a preposition?"

"Bite me."

"Gladly...but let's finish this first."

Willow shook her head, "I can't believe I didn't see it myself...if it'd been a snake it would have bit me."

"Honey, if it'd been a snake you would have run away screaming."

"Whatever...anyway, you remember when your pubes caught in the chain?"

"How could I forget?"

"Bubbe said a kroyz from every froy in the meshpokha! You make me very happy...which makes you meshpokhe...every woman in the family...so with your pubes the talisman was finally complete!"

"I think you may be right."

"I always knew it."

"Conceited much?"

"No...I always knew you and I were destined to be together...we had a higher purpose."

"No purpose higher, Lover."

And they began their worship of one another anew.

TBC

Last edited by umgaynow on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Can't wait for the epilogue...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
28. Com...plete

Title: A Woman In Uniform - Epilogue
Author: umgaynow
Rating: PG-13 for language
Disclaimer: Same as previous chapter. Also the song "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" is the property of Richard Rodgers and Moss Hart or at least it would be if they weren't dead. But to me that's a low blow. Why yes, I have had a lot of coffee. Thank you for asking. "Under Your Spell" is the property of Joss Whedon who is not dead, although when he did certain bad things to certain good people on BTVS I'm sure more than a few of us wished he would at least get a bad rash on his bum or something.
Note: This is dedicated to my wife who also disdains all things practical. Also, if anyone out there insists on political correctness I must say, not all gay men are swishy, flamboyant, stereotypical queens...but I have known a few in my life and my Xander is one of them.

A Woman In Uniform: Epilogue

Some time later at The Espresso Pump.

"So, Wills...you and Tara are getting married?" Detective Rosenberg's BFF and former partner gave her a one-armed hug, "That's so cool."

The redhead smiled so hard, Xander thought he just might have to check her ears for lipstick.

"So..."

"So?"

"How big is it?"

"Xander! Eeeeew creepy...Tara's a woman...you can't ask that!"

"The ring, Willow."

"Oh, that...I didn't get her one...we decided to go with something a bit more practical."

Officer Harris covered his ears, a pained expression on his boyish face, "Rosenberg! You know how I feel about the P word!"

"Yes, darling...the whole world knows about your absolute devotion to all things frivolous."

"Well, trust fund gal...what'd you get her? A car? A house? C'mon, spill!"

"You'll see..."

"I'll see? Oh God please, tell me it's a new wardrobe! One picked out by someone who isn't either of you."

"Bitch!"

The lights dimmed and the spotlight came up, hitting Gus dead on...of course anyone who knew him would have preferred a mid-size sedan to a spotlight, but that's beside the point.

"And now, please welcome back...in an extended engagement," metaphorical daggers shot out of his eyes and into Willow's heart, "The mellow song stylings of Miss Tara Maclay...Come on people...let her hear it!"

The whole crew clapped like crazy. Faith even whistled. There were all there for Tara. Somehow, the whole commando squad experience had been some sort of weird bonding experience for them all and they were now the world's weirdest, most eclectic circle of friends. In Willow's opinion anyway.

"Hubba Hubba, Sexy Mama," Billy teased.

Anya slapped him upside the head.

"Easy, Honey...cut the guy some slack..." Faith soothed, "The Paisley Princess is wearing leather pants...I think you gotta give him this one."

"I think you've got a little something on your chin there, Sweetie," Anya responded, playfully slapping more than swiping at it.

"Hey! Enough with the violence!" Officer Rosenberg piped up, "You are cut off, missy! No more espresso for you...only decaf! Now hush...she's starting."

"Whoa...her guitar's the same color as Red's hair!" it came out of Billy's mouth, but Spike was talking, " Did you get it done custom? Oi, wouldn't I look half-cool with a platinum blonde bass?"

"No I didn't and no you wouldn't...now shhh."

Bell-like guitar chords rung out...C...D7...G7...Dm7...G7...the spot tight on the instrument then widening out as Tara began to sing...

"I'm wild again...Beguiled again...A simpering, whimpering child again..." she winked at Willow, "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I..."

She followed up the old standard with her usual repertoire, but with a few edgier, more modern tunes thrown into the mix. Her angelic voice in concert with the dulcet tones of the Martin had most of the audience in a veritable trance. They sat starry-eyed, mouths slightly agape and in not a few cases seats slightly wet, throughout the set. When the seductive songstress announced that she would play one more, the assembled crowd groaned. Gus smiled nearly as hard as Willow had earlier, imagining all the cash he was gonna make piled up on his bed while he rolled in it naked.

Then the siren spoke, something she hadn't done much of previously.

"I know a certain someone out there and probably anyone who's ever seen me perform before is expecting a certain song right now...I guess you could call it "our song"...but tonight I'd like to play something new...a little something I wrote myself," she fixed her eyes on the redhead, "This one's for you, Sweetie."

I lived my life in shadow
Never the sun on my face
It didn't seem so sad, though
I figured that was my place
Now I'm bathed in light
Something just isn't right

I'm under your spell
How else could it be
Anyone would notice me?
It's magic, I can tell
How you set me free
Brought me out so easily

I saw a world enchanted
Spirits and charms in the air
I always took for granted
I was the only one there
But your power shone
Brighter than any I've known

I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
You just took my soul with you
You worked your charm so well
Finally, I knew
Everything I dreamed was true
You make me believe...

The moon to the tide
I can feel you inside
I'm under your spell
Surging like the sea
Drawn to you so helplessly
I break with every swell
Lost in ecstasy
Spread beneath my Willowtree
You make me complete
You make me com...plete
You make me com...plete
You make me...

When Tara stepped down from her stage, to thunderous applause, the redhead was wiping tears from her eyes. Her beloved promptly kissed them away.

"Oh my God, Baby...that was wonderful."

Under her breath, Buffy could be heard telling Billy, "Trust me. I live with them... she makes her complete. Often several times a night."

The shy chanteuse blushed. Faith deflected the embarrassment, pulling her new friend into a hug, "I think you've got a hit on your hands there, girl."

"Yeah...that was better than deep fried pussy!"

Silence descended and everyone turned and stared at Anya like she'd just ripped a chili fart in front of the Pope. Oddly enough, it was Tara who spoke first. I'm telling you, it's always the shy ones.

"OK...this has been driving me nuts...Deep fried pussy? What the hell does that even mean?"

"Well, as anyone who has ever been to the Texas State Fair can tell you, everything is better deep fried."

"And..."

"Come on, guys..."

"Pretend we're idiots, Anya...explanation please."

"Well...deep fried pussy would have to be just about the most amazing, mind-blowing thing in the entire universe...I thought that was obvious!"

All the ladies burst out laughing while the boys just stared at them bemused. Then Xander, with a dramatic huff placed hand firmly on hip and said "Speak for yourself, sister!"

THE END :kgeek Thanks for reading...hope you dug it.

Post subject: Re: A Woman In Uniform - FINISHED (finally) 3/23/2013
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
YAY!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

Dibs!!!!

So glad to have this story completed in all its glory - and I wasn't mentioning a bottle blonde with a bad perm and a designer clothes fetish. :eyebrow

I have to say the last lines Tara added to the spell are gonna stay with me for a while, they were hilarious.
Quote:
And get your own girlfriend! You can't have mine! You skanky-ass snatch-monkey!

Well done, Miss Mitchell! ;)

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:51 pm 
9. Gay Now

Big yay & hugs for finishing this story... I like how you incorporated the I'm Under Your Spell song into the story...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Again I am so proud of you for finishing this amazing story! Some will say I'm bias because we are married but I don't care. I know how hard you struggle on a daily basis to deal with your pain.you are the strongest person I know as always I sit in awe of your ability as a writer. You have talent most can only dream of brava!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19