The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Believe in Fairies
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:52 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Current Authors note (Feb 6, 2017): Just a quick edit to some errors I saw as I'll be linking this to my Fic Challenge that I'll be posting shortly. I was hoping to post a new chapter but it is not ready yet.

Now back the original post (with a few edits):

Edited to add: Finally got a title!

Note: I used to have an alter ego my friends called The Self-esteem Fairy. See growing up with proper ‘humble geek infested roots’ that included being surrounded by others like me. Young girls dealing with teenage angst and low self-esteem and it all was compounded by the fact that we were social outcasts. But don’t feel sorry for me because Self-esteem Fairy to the rescue. Soon all of us were proud of our ‘geek heritage,’ wearing our letterman’s jackets proudly displaying our name over our instrument and our letters sporting medals from Academic Decathlon.

So in honour of my long lost alter ego and a tribute to the kind hearted soul that is Tara I offer this little piece of fiction which will be laced with general silliness, goofyness, nerdiness, and craziness along with (hopefully) some smutty goodness. Hope you enjoy it.

Title: Believe in Fairies
Author: Wiccanbotanist
Rating: PG-13 (currently)
Disclaimer: Characters are not mine. You know the drill. They belong to Joss and a bunch of other people who are not me. I do not get any monetary gain from this. The only gain I can hope for is to impress women.
Spoilers: None
Summary: At the worlds most magical place the fairies hold their annual meeting.
Note: See above.

Believe In Fairies
Chapter 1: Annual Fairy Convention: Day One: The Meeting

Tara enjoyed the Annual Fairy Convention. This year it was being held at Disneyland. It was a bit crass really but she didn’t really mind it. It was nice to have a week off, a real vacation. Most of the fairies had no jobs. They were there just to be. Inspirations, flights of fancy, to be there and look pretty for illustrations and stories. The rest of their time was spent having fun, causing havoc and general silliness. But not Tara, she had to work.

Actually she didn’t have to work. In fact, no fairy had to work because it wasn’t like they needed money. Her job was purely voluntary. But being as she was, Tara felt she should be a useful fairy especially since there were plenty of bad fairies about. That included her own brother who makes Robin Goodfellow look like a pin prick on humanity compared to his chainsaw of destruction.

It seemed like she was always working. Girls these days had an abundance of low self-esteem. But then again Tara figured it was better than the times where women had no self-esteem. Back when women were worse of than cattle and having self-esteem would get you beaten or killed. And talking to fairies would get you hung from the nearest tree or burnt at the stake. Tara was a rather young fairy, not that fairies aged really, but she had heard about those times from her mother who worked in fairy magic.

Although she travelled the globe helping young girls with their self-esteem problems it seemed like she spent too much of it in that small Idaho town. She always thought she was making progress with those girls but it didn’t take long before she was needed again. Luckily she had a decent human to work with. The method of the Self-esteem Fairy was to speak through humans because getting advice from a fairy was considered crazier than some of the things these girls would do to create false esteem. The trick then was to find someone who believed in fairies or trick them into thinking it was their own thoughts.

Tara realised that she had just spent most of her travel time thinking about work. ‘Come on Tara, you are on vacation quit thinking about work. It’s not like the world is going to end just because you took a week off.’ she chastised herself. It was ironic really the fact that the Self-esteem Fairy herself suffered from low self-esteem. But in a way it made her more equipped for the job. She was really good at her job and it made her feel better when she was able to help. And from the stories she heard about the previous fairy who held the job….well Tara having a really really bad day still wouldn’t have been able to do worse.

Tara checked into the Fairy Hilton and glancing at her watch realised she had enough time to shower and change if she was quick. She had been wearing proper fairy attire…a cute baby blue dress that shimmered in the light with a corseted top and a flowing knee-length skirt. It matched her eyes and hugged her in all the right places. It really didn’t matter what she wore, most of the humans never saw her. The few that did usually just saw the shimmer of blue like a bulb on Christmas lights…. “So that’s why they call them fairy lights when they are out of the holiday context….” Tara mused aloud just as the realisation hit her.

Tara had wanted to get in one more job before the opening ceremonies started and it had taken longer than she intended to. It was another small town job, this time in Montana. She spoke through a mother who was trying to persuade her daughter that she was smart enough to go to college. The girl finally gave in and said that she would apply even though she grudgingly continued to mumble that she’d never be accepted. It was a step in the right direction at least and only an acceptance letter would be able to change her mind.

That was why Tara still had on her blue dress. As soon as she got into her room though she quickly got out of it and hopped in the shower. She was glad to be out of the outfit. It wasn’t that she didn’t like it…it was that she just couldn’t handle the appreciative stares she often got because of it, like the one the desk clerk had given her. She was modest, shy and had a tendency to blush feverishly when others gave her looks like that.

After her shower Tara put on her favourite white embroidered peasant blouse and tie dyed wrap skirt. It was a little dated but it was from her favourite era. Fairies could come out of the woodwork and mingle with the people very easily then. Plus it was more comfortable and she didn’t feel so self-conscious in it. And when she felt happy and carefree she didn’t even notice the appreciative stares she still got.

Tara checked her watch again noticing that she had only a minute to get to the main hall. She rummaged through the information package she got at check-in in hopes of finding a hotel map. Alas there was none. After spending a few minutes following misleading signs around the hotel she finally arrived at the closed doors. She quietly opened one and slipped inside.

The hall was so enormous Tara was unable to see the stage at the front or the speaker. It was also so packed with fairies that she would be unable to get any closer. She grumbled to herself about being late and getting lost as she resigned herself to standing against the wall as there were no seats available. Settled for the time being she finally focused on the voice of the speaker that she couldn’t see.

It was a feminine voice but it was distant and cold. And it sounded like it was reading directly from a piece of paper. Tara glanced around at the other fairies. It was obvious no one was paying attention. The only reason they were all here was because of the mixer directly afterwards. No fairy could pass up large quantities of free alcohol. So they all sat and waited for the real party to get started.

Tara checked her itinerary to see who the speaker was. ‘Of course…this is Disneyland. Who else would start the ceremonies here?’ she thought as she saw the name Tinkerbell in italics underneath the Opening Ceremony line. She was the most disliked fairy known to fairies because she was so well known and loved by the humans. Tara remembered a comment her brother uttered once at the mention of the name. “Damn sell-out.”

No wonder no one was paying attention.

Finally the ceremony ended and the party was underway. The entire wall near the stage disappeared as the courtyard lay just beyond. Fairies were mingling inside and out. Music got started and the kegs rolled out. It was a grand ole time….

Tara hung out at the back of the hall watching the spectacle. She wasn’t much of a partier herself though occasionally enjoyed indulging in wine, dance and song. It was just tonight she didn’t feel like it much herself but she didn’t mind watching the others overly enjoying themselves.

After a while she finally headed over to the wine table and poured herself a glass. One of the other fairies at the table looked at her strangely as she grabbed an entire bottle and walked off. Tara just smiled… ‘Why do they even bother putting glasses here?’ she thought as another fairy walked up, grabbed a bottle and gave a strange look at Tara’s glass.

It was then Tara noticed a few chairs along the side of the wall. She had been standing the entire time and was glad that not all of the chairs had disappeared when the wall did. She headed towards them and sat down only to find her arse connecting with the marbled floor instead of a chair. Luckily she didn’t spill her drink. Tara looked up expecting to see her brother but was shocked when she found herself looking at a giggling Puck.

Shortly however her brother was there. He quickly took to pounding on what was now a crying Puck. “No picking on my sister you asshole.” he shouted throwing a few more punches before getting up.

He went over to Tara who was still on the ground and offered his hand.

“Thanks Donnie.” Tara said as she took the offered hand and pulled herself up.

“No problem sis.” Donnie said. He however continued to pull Tara well after she was up and stuck out his foot in front of hers. Tara was quickly on the ground again this time on her stomach, her wine glass rolling somewhere off in the distance. Donnie giggled an evil giggle and scampered off. The crowd quickly began to disband and wander off in search of more mischief.

Tara was resigned to lying on the floor waiting for her embarrassment to subside. She should have expected that from her brother. He was usually quick to defend her from others but just as quick to make an ass of her himself. Tara sighed and finally pushed herself onto her hands and knees. It was then green and white sneakers came into view.

“Are you alright?” A soft voice called. A petite freckled hand was held out in front of Tara’s face. Tara was hesitant though at accepting another fairy hand of help.

“I promise I’m a nice fairy. Trust me.” The voice offered.

Tara couldn’t help but trust the voice. There was something in the voice. There was no malice in it not even hidden. Tara straightened onto her knees and looked up her hand reaching out towards the offered hand. She was struck speechless at the sight before her. The svelte redhead glimmered like a goddess in green. Unaware Tara grabbed the hand and was pulled with surprising strength from the petite fairy.

Tara now stood face to face with the redhead and continued to be speechless at the sight only this time she was lost in emerald green eyes. They stood for quite some time as their hands remained in each other’s. Tara was snapped back into reality when the redhead released her hand and spoke.

“I uh got you another glass. I hope you don’t mind. Because you don’t have to take it if you don’t want to. I mean you just got that other glass but then it was spilled so I figured that you’d still want some. Not that I was watching you. I mean I was but not like in a stalker sort of way. I mean I was just watching the table and I saw you getting a glass and I thought hey that is nice I’m not the only weirdo to drink from a glass. Oh not to say that you are a weirdo it’s just that…” Her face was flushed from the babble. Part of it embarrassment, part of it lack of oxygen. She took a deep breath and decided to cut her losses. “I’m gonna shut up and go away now. Sorry.”

The redhead was stopped when Tara grabbed her hand again.

“You’re adorable.” Tara said. This time it was Tara’s turn to blush as she realised she had said what was in her head out loud. The redhead’s smile however was worth it. Tara regained her composure so she could continue with her original plan for conversation.

“I…uh…T-thank you f-for your help. I’m Tara.” She intended to grab the redhead’s hand again only to realise it was already in her grasp.

“Willow…is me. I’m Willow.”

*~*

In a small southern Idaho town, in the high school, in the band room, a group of teenagers sat hanging about after school hours. They were having one of their usual conversations the kind where the topic changed every five seconds about a multitude of items under the sun. This included the usual debate of going to someone’s house to hang out before they got into trouble again.

One girl, a brunette, who was quiet for most of the conversation got up and walked into one of the smaller practice rooms where the music was located along with where she kept her books. She was followed shortly by a redheaded girl.

“Hey, you’ve been awfully quiet today. What’s up?” the redhead asked.

“Eh, just an off day. Or off week rather. Actually can I get an off year?” the girl replied.

“Nervous about California?”

“No...We’ll be fine they don’t know us there. We usually do better in competitions when they don’t have a preconceived notion that we are the small town with the least amount of money and community support and thus should be judged in accordance to.”

“I was talking about the parade. We don’t usually compete in parades.”

“I’ll be fine. I’m just glad to be in a parade that is all marching. It will be nice to not have to worry about being behind the horses. It’s harder to avoid horse crap while walking backwards and waving your arms.”

A moment of silent reflection passed between the girls. The redhead broke the silence.

“I noticed you didn’t speak up when Sarah was bitching again. You usually jump right in. Where was the Self-esteem Fairy today?”

“Disneyland.” Her answer was surprisingly quick as if she had already planned the answer in case the question was ever asked.

“Oh….” was all the redhead could state.

"If truth is stranger than fiction then where are the flying monkeys?" - Daria
Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow Edited by: wiccanbotanist at: 2/17/05 5:34 pm

Last edited by dtburanek on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Untitled Fairy Tale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:20 am 
This is a wonderful story already and I love the irony of Tara being the self-esteem fairy although it makes perfect sense.

I also like imagining Tara in the blue outfit described so vivdly.

For a title, I offer: Willow and the Taradiddler.

OR If you Believe in Fairies, Lick Me Once.:bigwave :bow :read

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:01 am 
Why don't you name it "It's a small world"? :grin

Okay shutting up now...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:00 am 
This is wonderful! I love how you've brought life to the fairy world, how they're still ethereal and magical, but at the same time downright real people. Just grabbing a whole bottle of wine each :lmao And Tara as The Self-esteem Fairy is perfect - who better? After all, it wouldn't work if it was someone totally confident and full of themselves, would it? And Tara's such a tireless lifter-of-spirits. Not to mention hot :drool With a dress like that, who needs dew from fairy blossoms to get people to fall in love with them? :heart

Tinkerbell the sell-out :lmao Now, I wonder what kind of fairy Willow is. A Babble Fairy, with a pouchful of fairy dust that makes you incapable of reaching the end of a sentence? Or maybe she's in the same line of work as Tara, a kind of 'Geek Fairy', letting people know it's okay to be smart, and lifting their spirits after the other kids at school pick on them.

I liked Donnie - well, not actually liked, because he's a jerk, but he's a brother, and that's brothers for you. At least he's got his priorities straight about not letting anyone mess with his sister, even if he's incapable of acting maturely himself. And yep, I can just see him and Puck getting in a mess-with-humans competition.

As for titles, the first thing that came to mind was 'A Hot Piece of Fairy Tail', but that's just because I like word jokes, and I was still thinking about Tara's dress... how about 'A Tale of Two Fairies'?

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm 
Wow..this is so awesome :love . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:31 pm 
Hey!

I really like the idea of the fic!!

Never pictures our girls are fairies, but now that I think of it, it makes sense! ;)

Can't wait to read what's in store in this fairy tale!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:08 pm 
That was absotively adorable. So much so that I must combine the words absolutely and positively to describe it's adorableness.

I really like how you've introduced the fairies. The good and the bad and the lusty (what person/creature wouldn't lust after Tara, especially in a corset yum). Although I was happy to discover the bad were more mischevious than evil take over the world types. Pushing down Tara is bad of course but it created a nice opportunity for Willow to meet her, so Donny isn't completely hated.

And Tinkerbell! :lol So great. She always was a bit of a brat. Although I'd be willing to get over the brattiness and sell out part if she used her dust to make me fly.

The whole time I kept thinking of the scene in the first ep. of season 6 when Xander asks Willow if she knows her girlfriend is Tinkerbell.

Can't wait for more :banana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:03 pm 
Yeah, another story from you. I loved Mornings so much.

I too like Tara as the self- esteem faerie, how appropriate for her giving nature.

My title suggestion is "On the Wings of the Yoga Master"

o.k. now I need a self-esteem faerie..:blush

I'll just quietly wait for your next update.

cheers-

will13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:54 pm 
Tara is the Self-Esteem Fairy?

Oh, dear Lord...

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:03 am 
Now why didn’t anyone tell me there was a misspelling in my sig! I hate it when I do that. I did it last time too. Grr Argh :rage

Anyways I’ve been working on the next chapter and I’m having a few issues. I know where I want this chapter to be at the end of it, but I’m unsure of how to get there. Actually I’m having trouble creating a situation that is needed without it being too….unbelievable, which is funny ‘cause hello fairies. Not that I don't believe in fairies it's just some people don't. But I just thought I’d feedback for now ‘cause I want to.

taralicious - I’m glad you like my story. The irony is certainly entertaining but works so well for my story. (That and it worked for me when ‘I’ was the fairy). As for the outfit…well it makes me happy that you said I described it vividly. I have trouble writing descriptions (especially involving clothes) and I’m glad it came across the way I think it did. As for your suggested title I just have to say “huh?” to the first one but I like the second one.

BFR from Paris – Actually that is a good suggestion…being Disneyland and all…except it does seem to be the most hated and loved ride in the park. Maybe I should do a scene there?

Artemis – Yes the Fairy realm. The whole annual meeting is a combination of a professional annual meeting I used to go too (which just reminded me its happening again soon but I have to miss it) and the fairy-ness of Midsummer’s Nights Dream (particularly like in the movie the Puck at the Pub scene). Both involve a meeting of minds and lots of drinking.

As for what kind of fairy is Willow? That will be in the next chapter. You also get to meet one more Scooby turned Fairy. I have a plan for all of them….I hope you’ll enjoy them.

Donnie as a fairy is inspired by my older brother who used to pick on me a lot and one day when he stood up for me I was shocked. He claimed only he was allowed to pick on me. It seemed appropriate.

And I like your titles. I had seriously thought about the tale-tail idea but I think it would seem more appropriate if every chapter was smut filled. Maybe I’ll keep that in mind if I do a sequel or something. I am certainly considering your second suggestion. But I think I’ll wait until after some feedback of the second chapter before I decide.

sam darls – Thanks! I'm glad you think its awesome 'cause I think its awesome too!

Willster – I liked the idea too. Though I almost didn’t go with it however I was having trouble at the start. But now its flowing so I can’t stop. As for myself picturing the girls as fairies, I’m starting to wonder why I did….not that it was a bad thing because it lead to this fic but hmm……now I’m curious

Disastered – absotively is a great word. I’m a big fan of smushed words my favourite is gynormous which is a combination of gigantic and enormous. As for the way Willow and Tara met (because of Donnie)…I hadn’t actually planned that, I was going to do something completely different. But then I had to put Donnie in for a bit of tom-foolery and it just happened that way. I too had thoughts about Xander’s line “And how long have you known your girlfriend is Tinkerbell?” But I really couldn’t see Tara as Tinkerbell. (But I do have evil plans for Tinkerbell) muwahaha…. :kdevil

willowfan13 – Woohoo! I have a fan! As for Tara, that was how I pictured her, the way she gives and has that natural effect of making everyone happy when she’s around. As for your title, I don’t really get it (Self-esteem Fairy says: Not that it isn’t good, the author is just confused). A little abstract but I don’t Yoga so I don’t know.

Tempest Duer – Oh dear Lord… Do you have glasses and were you cleaning them when you typed that? Not that you could clean glasses and type at the same time but you get my point. And is that a sort of dear lord or is that a :wtf sort of dear lord?

Right well thanks for all the feedback so far. Still waiting on a Title…not that the ones already suggested are bad. I’m the kind of shopper who wanders around the store in hopes of by seeing the things I’m supposed to get I’ll remember to get them. And that folks was a confusing way to say “I’ll know it when I see it.” I’m just surprised that my brain hasn’t found one yet because I usually have the title shortly after I get the idea. But the second chapter will be here within the day maybe......

-wiccanbotanist

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:11 pm 
ummm...i was afraid it was too far out there.

remember in Bargaining Pt. 2 when Willow and xander are lost in the woods and Tara and Anya are finally back at the magic box and Tara says, "don't worry Willow & I always know how to find each other" and Anya says, "with Yoga?" cuz Tara sits crosslegged on the table. hence naming Tara the Yoga Master and then Tara sends the little ball of light to Willow and Xander says, " how long have you known your girlfriend is Tinkerbell?" hence the faerie reference, soooo...

"On the Wings of the Yoga Master" get it?

And yes I am a fan, hope you figure out your writing block.

cheers-

will13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:01 pm 
*lightbulb* Oh yeah....Its funny I competely forgot about that line because I when I first heard it I almost fell over laughing.

For some reason I was thinking there was some silly Yoga position that I didn't know about...I mean apart from the usual ones that are generally made fun of.

As for the block I think I have finally opened a spot to wiggle through and I'm working on it right now.....

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:09 pm 
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I think this story is a riot. I love it! For some reason, I love the line about the Fairy Hilton...maybe it's because I used to work at the Fairy Marriott. Who knows? And the whole tinkerbell thing- genious! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:11 am 
Taradiddle is an actual word in the Oxford English Dictionary but the actual definition is of a negative connotation.

I used it in the sense that Victorian underground smutaholics did to describe the act of penetration.

i.e, father was caught diddling the maid again.

ergo, Willow and the Taradiddler would imply that Tara takes care of herself whenever she herself needs a visit from the self-esteem fairy.:read

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:29 pm 
Wow this is great! I love the concept(as ironic as it may be) of Tara as the Self-Esteem Fairy. Now I'm just wondering what type of fairy Willow is...the Great Sex Fairy maybe?! I need one of those!!

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:55 pm 
So I meant to post this morning before heading off to lecture but it wasn’t done yet. Instead I finished it during lecture (another boring lecture ). Then instead of heading home I went to the café with a couple of classmates. Then finally I got to some of the shopping I need to get done. Then I tried to top up my mobile and the damn thing wouldn’t take me money. So by the time I got back it was 7.30 and I have to head to the airport to pick up my cousin. In an effort to get this up before I have to go I haven’t really looked over it, so I apologise for any stupid mistakes. With my cousin in town that also means I’m going to be off-line for the weekend. (She doesn’t know…and I’m not ready to tell her yet). So no Kitten Board for me. :(

I am curious about the feedback I’ll get with this one. Trust me things are going to get interesting…..

As for the rest of the feedbacks I haven’t addressed yet.

rogue2727 – Yeah I just threw in the Fairy Hilton cause it sounded funny. So there is a really is a Fairy Marriott? Ha, maybe I shoulda used that. And I’m glad you like Tinkerbell….

taralicious – thanks for the clarification. And Yay! I learned something knew. I looked up Taradiddle and it means fib or lie. So Willow and the Taradiddle….well I have no comment about that right now. But funny, I forgot the use of diddle in that way. Gonna have to use it more often.

stillrunning – We are all big with the irony. And guess what we will finally get to learn about Willow. Though sorry to disappoint you she won’t be the Great Sex Fairy, but if there is one I could certainly use it too.

Now on to the fic!

All Previous disclaimers apply, see first chapter for details.

Chapter 2: Annual Fairy Convention: Day One: Small Talk

After another brief semi-awkward moment of silence Willow motioned to a table and chairs that had suddenly appeared. Tara carefully examined the chair which caused Willow go giggle.

“What? I’m just being careful.” Tara responded and finally sat down.

“So is this your first meeting? I mean I haven’t seen you here before.” Willow wasn’t good at small talk. She was good at babbling and good at sticking her foot in her mouth but not so much with the small talk.

“I could ask the same of you. I’ve been to every one since I was little and I haven’t seen you either.” Tara hoped to change the subject off of her. She didn’t like to talk about herself because she didn’t think it was a very interesting topic. She was however very interested in finding out more about this redhead.

“Oh, uh…” Willow started. ‘I guess she doesn’t know...that explains a lot…’ Willow thought before continuing, “I’ve been to all of them for quite a long time now.”

“Well in all fairness this is a big convention and there are a lot of fairies in the world.” Tara offered as an explanation. Truthfully she didn’t actually know a lot of the fairies. She recognized a few by name, and even fewer by sight. She came to the meetings every year but she really hadn’t taken the time to get to know anyone. She spent most of her time enjoying her vacation with some quality alone time…and a good book.

“Definitely fairy abundance.” Willow nodded.

Willow had a million questions running through her head that she wanted to ask this beautiful blonde. She of course couldn’t decide which one to start with and also had a fear that if she did start the stream of questions would continue in an incoherent babble. Luckily, or unluckily?, they were interrupted.

“Red, glad to see you’ve returned to your normal colour.” The fairy smacked Willow on the back at the same time causing her to choke on her drink.

Tara quirked an eyebrow at the newest arrival. She stood with black combat boots, black leather mini-skirt, tight red tank-top that didn’t fully cover a black lace push-up bra, and to top off the look a black leather jacket. She was also holding a bottle of wine. ‘Not really fairy attire…unless she is the slut fairy.’ Tara was mortified at her thought. That was not very Self-esteem Fairy like.

Their eyes met briefly and Tara received a wink. “Who’s the cutie?” The fairy asked Willow who was finally recovering from her coughing fit.

“Tara, Faith. Faith, Tara.”

“Nice to meet you T.” Faith said holding out her hand. Tara cautiously shook it. Faith sat down and took a swig from her bottle.

“So what are you the Hippie Fairy?” Faith asked giving Tara a once over.

Willow shot Faith a ‘be nice’ look and Faith quietly ignored it.

‘Hold your tongue Tara. Just tell her and don’t go with the comeback you want to, it would be very unbecoming of you.’ Tara finally stuttered out “I’m t-the S-s-self-esteem Fairy. I’m n-not in uniform.” ‘Great stuttering your job title is a sure way to impress a certain redhead.’

“Oh good, a working fairy like me. I don’t care much for my uniform either. I only wear it when the Council has me under inspection. But I have respect for you. I don’t care much for slacker types like this one here.” She playfully nudged at Willow.

Willow slapped her back. “Hey! I do so work.”

“Do not.”

“Do so.”

This continued for a few too many seconds and Tara started to get worried.

“You’re just an inspirational fairy.”

“Do so…uh…I mean yeah I am but that doesn’t mean I’m a slacker type!”

When the two started a stare down Tara decided to interrupt.

“So Faith, what is it you do?” She asked just before taking a sip of wine.

“I’m the Tooth-fairy.” Tara quickly spit her wine across the table. Not all of it went out and it was now Tara’s turn for a coughing fit.

“I love it when I get reactions like that!” Faith almost squealed giddily as she started howling with laughter.

Is she serious? ” Tara questioned Willow.

“’Fraid so…”

“The one and only.” Faith beamed proudly. Willow just rolled her eyes.

“So you are g-going to moderate the workers union meeting tomorrow?” Tara asked, still in disbelief.

“Oh yeah that reminds me. I need to get good and drunk tonight.” With that Faith quickly finished off her bottle and the other two drinks that were on the table.

“I’m gonna go get more.” Faith quickly stood up and headed towards the liquor.

Willow stared at the table afraid to look up. She was completely embarrassed by Faith and was waiting for Tara to just get up and leave.

“You’re friend is….she is….interesting.” Tara said.

Willow looked up surprised but glad to see shining blue eyes. “Interesting?”

“It’s a word I use when I honestly can’t think of any others.”

“Oh when I can’t think of anything I continue to babble. Though it changes from a semi-coherent babble to a not at all coherent babble. Which is funny right cause why would someone babble when they can’t think of anything to say? It seems kind of silly…and I’m doing it now. You know please feel free to stop me when I do that.”

“I think it’s adorable.” Tara smiled and blushed but remained in eye contact as Willow also smiled and blushed.

‘Okay so far so good Willow. She thinks you are adorable, or your babble at least, and even Faith hasn’t frightened her off. You can do this…Don’t fuck it up. Okay need topic of conversation.’ Willow thought.

Tara unsure of what to talk about decided to continue on with the previous topic. “So I’m curious because I’m having trouble picturing….the Tooth-fairy’s uniform is….”

“Pink tutu. Yep.” Willow smirked.

Both fairies started to giggle at the image.

“It’s no wonder she doesn’t want to wear it.”

“Actually when I first met her she was in it. I didn’t think twice about it. So when I saw her all ‘cleavage-y slut bomb in leather’ I was shocked. But then you get used to the leather and when she puts on the tutu you can’t help but laugh. Which always ends with me having a few bruises…..”

They quickly fell into a conversation about fairy costumes, in particular the bad ones they’ve seen over the years. Not even the fairies escaped the puffy shoulders and bright colours of the 80’s. And lets not forget about the multitude of fairies that did not wear clothes. That led to a discussion about their own fairy outfits. Willow was in hers. A simple green dress with a low neck and spaghetti straps. It was straight and unfitted making it look more like a slip than an actual dress especially due to its shiny translucent nature. ‘Hmm,’ Tara thought going over the details in her mind so that she could easily recall them at a later time. When Tara described her outfit Willow practically drooled at the thought. ‘Definitely hope to see her in that later.’

The discussion of Tara’s outfit led to her telling stories from her job. Generally Tara didn’t like talking about herself but she just felt so comfortable with Willow. There were a lot of sad stories but occasionally Tara was an accidental witness to some damn funny ones. Willow listened intently to Tara’s sweet voice only occasionally distracting herself with the phrase ‘Honey tongued’ popped into her head.

“And when the hacky-sac hit her in the back of the head she turned around to see what happened. The guy who did it froze briefly in panic and then started to run. She took off after him. He was apparently rather frightened of her and he was throwing chairs down trying to block his escape. But he tripped and fell, which happens a lot when you are being chased, and she had her arm up ready to punch him. And he was honestly scared he was going to be beaten.” Tara started to giggle.

“And?”

“She didn’t hit him. She let him go and he stayed on the floor for a good couple of minutes. I’m sure his life flashed before his eyes.” Tara really started to chuckle now.

“And what is so funny exactly?” Willow thought the story was amusing but Tara was practically falling off her chair.

“You have to meet her I guess. She wouldn’t hurt a fly. But this guy was horrified when he realised who his stray hacky-sac hit. He was really afraid of her and I just can’t picture it… I, uh I guess you had to be there.” Tara’s demeanour quickly changed and she started to shrink inward.

Willow sensing it and not liking it was quick to make amends. “Well Tara I tell you what. How about after the conference I go with you, to meet her. And that way I can understand. I mean I’ve never been to Idaho. Actually I haven’t seen much of the world really you know outside fairy conventions. But you…you’ve been lots of places.” ‘Hope that didn’t sound too desperate’ Willow thought.

“I…I would like that.” Tara smiled. Willow smiled.

“So you haven’t gone with the Tooth-fairy on rounds? I bet that would take you a lot of places.” Tara asked.

“Oh well that would be at night. And Faith offered once, told me I could carry the coins. I declined of course, and that is why she insists on calling me a slacker. Besides….I’d rather go with you.”

The two got lost in each other’s eyes again and continued smiling goofily at each other.

Tara finally broke the silence. “So Faith said you had inspirational status…What inspiration were you born of?”

‘Damn…was hoping to avoid that topic.’ Willow thought wryly. “I uh….It’s embarrassing actually…” Willow trailed off and remained silent.

Tara pieced together what information she had…embarrassing and wearing green. “You aren’t one of the green fairies are you?” She asked cautiously.

“What? The absinthe fairies? Oh no. Certainly not. Besides those are non-status fairies. They just really enjoy messing with intoxicated people. No I just…Actually we weren’t born from the inspiration we actually were the inspiration.”

“We?”

“Oh my friend Xander and I. We inspired the story and I don’t know if that makes it better or worse.” Willow then began panic babble mode. “I mean in a way its kind of my fault. I mean I can’t blame the author. Then it all just got out of hand and I didn’t know what to do.”

Willow continued to babble as Tara tried to bring her out of it calling her name softly “Willow.”

“I mean it’s just a stupid story but what if…”

“Willow.” Tara called again.

“What if you don’t like me?” Willow said softly almost to herself as she stared at the table unable to look up as tears started to form behind her eyes.

Tara put her hand over Willow’s. “Willow…I don’t think I could ever not like you.”

Willow looked up to honest blue eyes. The two fairies forgot completely about the conversation as they got lost in each other’s eyes again.

A large crash brought them back to reality this time.

Everyone’s head turned towards the sound. It was none other than Faith partially on the ground and tangled in a couple of chairs. There was broken glass next to the Faith/chair pile and the distinct smell of whiskey. As quickly as the scene unfolded the other fairies were quick back to their own conversations with no one bothering to help the poor fairy.

“We should go help her.” offered Tara.

They headed over to the scene and Tara began to extract some of the chairs. Willow tried to pull Faith up but found it difficult. Faith groaned in protest, she was seemed quite content to stay on the floor for a little while.

“Buffy is going to be pissed you know.”

“Yeah well little Miss Goody Two Shoes can kiss my ass.” Faith said as she finally sat up.

“I think you mean kick your ass.”

With Tara’s help Willow was finally able to pull Faith to her feet. Leaving the room they got plenty of glares from the other fairies. It unnerved Tara. They quickly (as quickly as you can carrying a drunk person) brought Faith to her room and deposited her on the bed.

As they shut the door Tara said, “I’m thinking she’s not going to make it to the work meeting tomorrow.”

“Actually you’d be surprised how quickly she recovers. She’ll be fine in the morning.”

“Well since I too have that meeting tomorrow I should probably get to bed soon. Would you care to walk me to my room?” Tara asked not quite willing to depart from the redhead just yet.

“Certainly My Lady.” Willow responded. They both reached for each other’s hand and started down the hallway.

“So your meeting tomorrow…what time does it end?” Willow asked.

“11 o’clock.”

“That sounds like the perfect time for me to take you to lunch.”

“Like a date?”

“Exactly.” Willow beamed, “So what do you say?”

Tara’s answer was short and sweet. “Yes.”

They continued walking down the hall and had just passed the main lobby when they were interrupted again. A fairy in a hotel uniform ran up behind the girls and tapped Willow on the shoulder.

“Excuse me, Miss, There is an urgent phone call for you.” The hotel fairy said.

“Can’t it wait?” Willow practically whined.

“It’s Corporate and urgent so if I would venture a guess I’d say no.”

Willow turned to Tara. “Tara, I really need to take this. Do you mind waiting? I understand if you don’t. I mean we’re gonna do the lunch thing and you have that meeting tomorrow.”

Tara squeezed Willow’s hand. “No, its okay I can wait.”

It was clear that neither fairy wished for the night to end.

Tara took a seat in the lobby lounge while Willow went to a small office behind the check-in desk. What was 5 minutes in reality felt like a two hour boring lecture to Tara. ‘I’ve only just met her and I can’t stand to be away from her….”

She was broken from her reverie by a frustrated groan coming from the office. Very shortly after the hotel clerk stepped out. Tara watched as he headed straight towards her. She knew what news he’d bring. Tara quickly understood Willow’s frustrated groan because she just heard it in her own head.

“I’m sorry, Miss, but Tinkerbell asked me to tell you that she’d be longer than expected. She is really sorry and says feel free to go and she will see you tomorrow.”

“Tinkerbell?” The rest of the news was no shock but that….that Tara had not expected.

------------------------------------------------------

*raise your hand if you caught that before I told ya?*

Post subject: Whaaaaaaaaa
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:30 pm 
*missocki looks around sheepishly and ducks her head in her lap* I didn't see that coming, but that so cool! By the by Willow is way cooler than the disney tinkerbell, (that little disney harlot) or even the Julia Roberts Tinkerbell.

And the thought of Faith in a pink tutu? :rofl :lmao :lol

Keep this story going! :bow

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom, then I can call myself famous." -Amber Benson

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken

Post subject: Re: Whaaaaaaaaa
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:47 pm 
Wait Willow is Tinkerbell? But wait...*is confused* Tinkerbell is the most disliked fairy, a sell out, and has a cold voice right? Cause I scrolled up to the first part and it said that, but those are very un-Willow like things. You did say that you had evil plans for her though in your reply to my comment. Hmm well I think Willow would be a good Tinkerbell. Much nicer and cuter than the one in peter pan.

:confused

I didn't even catch that she was Tinkerbell till the I read the person above me's comment. I'm a little out of it from lack of sleep.

Anyways, despite being very confused as to the whether Willow is Tinkerbell it was a great chapter. You did say that you had evil plans for her Utter cuteness all around. And Faith! Yay Faith, I love her. Hee, I love the image of her in a tutu trying to get under some kids pillow. I wonder what kind of fairies Buffy and Xander are?

me and ultra cool smilie :glasses can't wait for more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:25 pm 
It was an interested "Oh, dear Lord." Don't worry. And I did have to clean my sunglasses.

So Willow is Tinkerbell... and Faith is the Tooth Fairy... I think I'll refrain from another "oh, dear Lord" but it just seems awfully appropriate here.

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:35 pm 
Gotta say I didn't see this one coming!!!

Quite the cliffhanger! ;)

I want more, please!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:16 am 
I am all with the 'huh' and the 'what' and the 'who' as well over the cliffhanger revelation alluding to Willow as Tinkerbell.

Oh yeah, she's the hottest Tinkerbell ever and makes me believe in fairies far more than Julia Roberts ever could.

Faith as the Tooth Fairy?

I wish she would have shown up in my bedroom in a pink tutu when I was a child.

She could have kept the coin in exchange for a taste of her honey-tongued goodness.

Cleavagey slut-bombed goodness is always a nice visual.

If both Willow and Xander were inspirations born out of the J.M. Barrie play, would that make Xander Tinkerbill?:laugh :bigwave :applause :eatme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 am 
Willow is Tinkerbell? So, does that mean she and Xander somehow accidentally inspired Peter Pan - is Xander Peter? That kind of works, boy who never grows up... :D Well I guess if Willow got herself into that, that might explain why she seems different to how Tink looked earlier - Willow can shed the Tinkerbell persona and just be Willow, and not have to worry about groups of fairies chasing her round chanting "Sell-out!" Must be difficult for her though... sounds like The Self-esteem Fairy could help there :)

Faith is the tooth fairy. Damn, that's difficult to say with a straight face :lmao I can't help imagining all these children who end up with a few more teeth knocked out because they laughed at the tutu. I love this story, please continue :pray

Another title suggestion - not a very good one, but I'm not much good at titles - 'Fairy Kisses'?

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

Edited by: Artemis at: 2/4/05 8:16 am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:14 am 
Ok, first and foremost....FAITH IS THE TOOTH FAIRY?!?! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

OOO so wonderful! Ok back to normal feedback.

I just love the way that you've integrated everything so nicely, like I can read about this fairy land and not find it incredibly cheesy. You take real things, and make them fairy things! And if none of this makes sense, sorry, I'm running on zero sleep.

And I also definately didn't catch the whole Willow/Tinkerbell thing. Should be interesting to see how Tara and her get along after that. I still think there should be a Sex Fairy though! Hehe.

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:20 pm 
This line is interesting:
Quote:
“Red, glad to see you’ve returned to your normal colour.”

.. if you think about :) Coming from Miss ToothFairy even..:lol

Willow speaking in front of a hall packed with fairies... doesn't sound very Willow-like now does it ?:) Maybe Tinkerbell is a familly-name? Then we could blame Sheila :-)

I must say that fairies seem to party hard, drinking several bottles of wine/wisky a night, can't be good for you. Perhaps fairies are only allowed to drink at parties and are on-duty the rest of the time??

Tara would make a nice self-confidence fairy, she has experience with overcoming that problem herself... somewhat :) Having an over-confident self-confidence fairy wouldn't work anyway...

I think this is one of the stranger story setups I've read in a while. That is a Good Thing though, new and unexplored angles are neat :lol :bounce .

But Faith as the tooth-fairy... wonder what Buffy is... :)

Grimmy :wave

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:12 pm 
Faith is the tooth fairy..hehehe. Wonderful update.I loved it. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:02 pm 
Love it. I've got this weird feeling you've cast Buffy as Fairy Godmother - and I can't wait to see if I'm right :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:21 pm 
This is wonderful. This is fabulous. This imagination at it's best!!!! This is like....wow.....I think I love you! It's like walking down memory lane with my childhood and I just adore it! Your choice of who each of the characters are as fairies....my GOD it's bloody brilliant! You're a genius...with fairies! It's like...wow....and whoah...and hurrah for fairies!!!

Please, please, please update again anytime within now and now....*winks* or now. *waves magic wand* How 'bout now? *wiggles nose* Maybeee......Now! *snaps fingers* Now! *waves hands about magically* NOW!

Okay...so I guess you can disqualify my as the Update Fairy. But, but! I had the outfit and everything...bah.

-elizabeth :spin

p.s. This. Is. Fabulous.

"Oh, where are my manners, Tara, Willow, Willow, Tara."

-random line I know I search for in every fanfic out there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:12 pm 
This is absolutely delightful! I love that you have the fairy population being so playfully malicious toward one another, it's a riot! You've taken an idea that could be overly cutesy and used a wonderfully off-kilter sense of humor to just make it hilarious. I had "It's a Small World" going through my head all day after reading this, and kept imagining Donnie and Puck sounding like they'd done helium hits. And this bit?:
Quote:
'Not really fairy attire…unless she is the slut fairy.' Tara was mortified at her thought. That was not very Self-esteem Fairy like
THAT had me laughing my ass off. Bravo! (and more please!)

:peace -Cameron

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:17 am 
I just have time for a quick reply. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was sure the cliffhanger would cause a stir, and I'm glad I got the reaction I wanted. As for that...don't worry everything will be explained. In the next chapter we'll see Willow's worries and Tara's thoughts....and more introductions.

I'm glad everyone has taken such an interest. Its nice to see all of your theories. (Tinkerbill...loved that). But I've got to get going. I have started on the next chapter but it may be another long one so I may post it in two parts depending on how long it will take me. Thanks again everyone.....

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:19 pm 
Faith is the Tooth-Fairy...

Willow is Tinkerbell...

Whats next?

This fic is hilarious:laugh