The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

I admit that I am very new to this board and just happened to stumble across TOD when I was looking for my next fix, and wow. wow wow wow. I aboslutely LOVE it. I really like the twists and turns this story has made (not to mention the wonderfully hot image of secret agent Tara ;-) ). Anyways, Blameburner, I hope nothing bad has happened in your life that has kept you from finishing TOD. But I too understand how crazy life can get and I don't have much hope that TOD will be fnished. I do however want to express how much I enjoy the story, and how ecstatic I would be if it were updated. Regardless, great story, great character development, much angst....you've got a wonderful Willow/Tara fic here. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey folks:

I know it's been a really, REALLY long time since I've updated, and I thought I should explain myself. Beyond my full time job, which eats up an insane amount of my time, I have spent the last three years writing a book. It has been a long, hard road trying to finish this darn thing, but now - finally - the end is in sight. Not done yet, but very close (with the first draft, anyway). I don't know if I'll ever be able to get it published or anything, and while I'd like to, that was never really the point anyway.

It's about the writing, right? Just the simple act taking these people (some might call them "characters," but they really don't appreciate that)who show up in your head one day, demanding you tell their story, and putting it all on paper. So you have to do that - there's really no other option. And these people are very loud and surprisingly self-centered and they push aside all the other people in your head (like our wonderful Willow and Tara) so that you can properly focus only on them. Don't worry, though, Willow and Tara are locked safely away in their own little room, having an absolutely fabulous time.

In any case, I do apologize for leaving those of you who were reading this story hanging - I know I always hate when a story I'm reading falls off the face of the earth. I do hope to finish TOD at some point - once I finish my book and can get these non-Willow and Tara people to finally stop their yacking. :)

In the meantime, if I might be so bold... I highly recommend "Impulse" by ophelia11, "Van Rosenberg II - Lord of Ice and Shadow" by the incomparable Alcy (I've read everything she's written at least 5 times), or "The Apothecary" by Tara the Phoenix. Fabulous stories, all.

-BB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am 
3. Flaming O

I really love this story. The characters are amazing. I always love stories that focus on the characters and the situations that evolve around them mainly created by the characters, which i think is done here brilliantly. Really hope you finish this when you get the chance, looking forward to see how it develops further.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:50 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Amazing story, just finished all you've got so far in 2 days. Can't wait for the next update, and good luck with your book. Your writing is amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

NO! NONONO! ur stopping HERE?????? evil person. *mutters* write soon.

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:02 am 
4. Extra Flamey

wow , just wow....i ran out of tissues after a while, let me tell you my tears wouldn't stop for a while, then things started to look up. YAY TARA AND WILLOW......anyway. This a great story its really a good fanfiction, i can' wait for more.

Also the post tod fic was a nice little post to, and very funny.

Post subject: Re: The Truth of Deception---a bit of news
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:26 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi all. So those non-Willow/Tara characters I was talking about last year? Turns out they'll be coming to a bookstore near you in 2011.

Crazy, eh?

I've been lucky enough to have my book picked up by Bold Strokes Books!

The book is called After the Fall, and will be on the shelves next year.

Thanks to everyone at the Kitten Board, especially the mods, for giving me my first writing home. Apologies to everyone who has been patiently waiting for an update to TOD, but I do hope you'll check out what I've been working on instead.

Best,
BB (aka Robin Summers, http://www.robinsummerswriting.com)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:41 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What fantastic news, Robin! Congratulations and I'll certainly look for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
*sigh* this seems to be the, dare I say, the disease of most that actually can write a good story? Our beloved girls seem to be jumping off points and then the whole soiree begins but no one goes home.

I am trying to finish my story on here which spawned a completely unrelated get together of a family of gifted children needing to be heard, so I get to split my time that way and thank the stars at the moment I can!

I guess the point is inspiration comes in all forms and one often spawns another. Good luck with the book, would love to read it and I hope you finish this one too! :kgeek

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm bumping this story for two reasons.

1) So new kittens can read this story and then be just as tortured as me when they find out it's unfinished. Misery loves company

2) To beg for an update or at least a reason for not updating. I fully understand how RL can catch up with you. I just don't want this amazing fic to be forgotten.

I love Riley in this story. He is my favorite Buffy's relationships and I always get upset that the writer's decided to give into pressure from 'Bangel' fans and make him stupid and selfish before leaving instead of expanding his character and making him likable.

PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!! :pray :pray :pray

Post subject: Re: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
This fanfic was so so good! I would have never thought of Tara to be apart of the initiative in a story- she just seemed to sweet to, but after reading this it was quite easy to imagine all these things happening! I'm sad you never got around to finishing it, but I understand we all have our own personal lives and it can be quite consuming. Thank you for creating it in the first place! I'm sad I'm a new Buffy fan, I wish I would have been born earlier so I could meet more people my age (still a teen) who watch Buffy lol. I hope you're doing well, wherever you are in life!

Post subject: Re: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Truth of Deception is back on the radar!! I have LOVED this fic forever but for a long time could not remember its name- and it looks like blameburner changed her board name so no wonder I couldn't find it- but yay its here! fingers still crossed it will be finished.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28