The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Part 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:15 pm 
OK Lovin this fic more n more!! Wonderful update!! :clap Some tickle fun in there, alwayz love that! Then it got all uncomfortable but they just need a lil more time! I mean there isn't much more waiting 4 the actual hook-upage, Right? Can't wait 4 more! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

Post subject: Re: Part 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:31 pm 
cool update :) i liked the flashback to how Tara left her family to work for Maggie, and the use of the I'm yours line.

i hope Willow gets a clue that she has feelings for Tara.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

Just because you have coffee with someone, doesn't make you a lesbian

Post subject: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:22 pm 
Oh goody! Another story and it sounds interesting.

-Allyson

"After one take, Joss did say, 'Can we have one that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes?'" - Alyson Hannigan

Post subject: Re: The Truth of Deception
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:18 pm 
What?? No!! How?? Bad Willow and Tara!! Should of just went in and kissed!! Love the update but bad Willow and Tara!!

-Trinity-

--------------------------
Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstacy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bare. If we can live without passion maybe we'd know some peace. But we'd be hollow, empty rooms, shuttered, and dank, With out passion we'd truly be dead. ANGEL in "Passion"

Post subject: Part 7
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:23 pm 
Hey there campers... another update! My goodness, y'all are spoiled now, aren't you? My muse is now accepting panties of all shapes and colors. Just toss them in the air, and she'll catch them.

Sorry, I'm a little short on time tonight, so I'll get to replies soon. As always, thanks for reading, and thanks for all the great comments. I really, really appreciate it, especially in this story. I'm doing a lot more character analysis here, trying to explore what we know and love about these characters, as well as the new dimensions presented by the AU aspect. Although this is something of a Tara-centric story, in that the overt plot conflict lies with her, there is a lot of things I'm enjoying exploring with Willow - her insecurities, her relationships, etc. I'm glad to know that you guys are liking that exploration thus far, so thanks for that. Really.

-BB

Title: The Truth of Deception - Part 7: Twilight

Author: blameburner

Summary: AU, baby! So you all know by now... Tara is part of the Initiative. Plenty of questions remain, however, and the answers will be revealed... eventually.

Spoiler Warning: S4. Everything up to "Hush" is canon. After that, this story veers off. There will be some similarities to S4, but definite differences. Basically, if it happened after "Hush" on the show, assume it didn't happen unless I mention it specifically.

Disclaimer: Not my characters, but oh how I wish they were! Joss, blah, blah, ME, blah, blah.

Rating: Generally R, but some NC-17 (maybe). Just be prepared.

Pairings: W/T, of course.

Angst: Maggie's in it, so it's an automatic 5.

Previously...

Willow squeezed Tara's hand. "I kinda like having something that's just... you know... mine?"

Tara placed her other hand over Willow's. "I am, you know," she said softly.

Willow looked directly into Tara's eyes. "What?"

"Yours," Tara answered softly.

Willow couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine. Mine, she thought.

Part 7

Tara didn't want a repeat of the uneasiness from a few minutes earlier, so she decided to lighten up the tone a bit. She released Willow's hand and scooted back on the bed, propping her head up on the pillows. Willow relaxed, too, laying diagonally on the bed, resting on her elbow.

"So... I've got an important question for you," Tara said, waggling her eyebrows.

"You do?" Willow asked, grinning.

"Uh-huh," Tara answered. "The fate of the world hangs in the balance."

"Ooo, I'm good at those!" Willow said, her voice tinged with excitement. "I got an A+ in Apocalypse 101!"

Tara laughed. "I'll just bet you did. Okay, here it goes - and you have to pick one or the other. If you had to walk into the SAT's an hour late, or run through the quad naked, which would you do?"

"Tara!" Willow sat up slightly, shocked.

Tara just rolled to her side and quirked an eyebrow. "Well?" she asked.

Willow was blushing. "I, uh... well, um... there's the... with the... or else... uh, I guess I'd... get naked?"

"Really?" Tara said, surprised. "I knew you had that whole being-late-to-the-SAT's phobia, but... really?"

Willow nodded. "I mean... yikes! Lesser of two evils. Neither option is appealing, though."

Tara really, really wanted to disagree, considering the very naughty visual she had in her head of Willow running naked through campus. Tara swallowed audibly.

"You okay, Tar?" Willow asked in complete innocence. She had no clue what she was doing to Tara at the moment.

"Uh, yeah. Fine," Tara said somewhat shakily. "Just a frog in my throat."

"Frogs!" Willow yelped. "Ooo, ooo, ooo, yuck!"

Tara looked at Willow, completely confused.

"Oh, did I forget to mention that?" Willow asked, still freaked by the thought of frogs. "I, uh... I have frog fear."

"Frog fear?" Tara asked. Willow nodded, her eyes wide. Tara thought it was totally adorable.

"Uh-huh," she squeaked. "Followed closely by horse fear."

Tara shook her head. "You realize I'm going to have to cure you of that, right?"

Willow looked panicked. "Please tell me you're joking."

"Nope. I love horses. I ride really well," Tara said.

Willow gulped, but not from the thought of overcoming her fear. She had a sudden image of Tara as Lady Godiva, riding bareback completely naked through the campus. Willow's mouth suddenly went dry.

"Really, Willow. It'll be okay," Tara said reassuringly. "I'll teach you how to ride, and I promise, you'll love it."

Willow gulped again. She was blushing profusely. Oh boy, Willow thought. She tried to distract herself from the thoughts of Tara that were making her blush. Boys, boys, boys... big, bulging muscles... facial hair... strong hands... strong, long fingers... soft, long fingers... soft skin... Tara-skin... stop it, stop it, stop it! Oh boy...

Tara looked at Willow quizzically. Her frog and horse fear really ran deep. A yawn snuck up on her.

"Oh, excuse me," Tara said, glancing over at her alarm clock. "Wow. I had no idea it was so late," she commented absently.

"Oh! Sorry! You probably want to get some sleep!" Willow apologized, scrambling off the bed. "I mean, geez, there's nothing worse than a houseguest that won't leave, right? Someone who comes over and just stays and stays and won't-"

"Willow, breathe," Tara interrupted. Willow did. "You don't have to go."

Willow looked at Tara questioningly.

"I mean... it's late, you... you could just, um... stay here? You know, crash?" Tara said, trying to keep the hope from her voice.

"Um... really?" Willow asked. She was working very hard at not sounding hopeful.

"Yeah, I mean... nighttime, Sunnydale... vampires and demons lurking in the shadows, looking for a snack..." Tara said, "If you left now I'd... well, I'd worry."

Willow smiled. "You would?"

"Of course I would," Tara said quietly. "So, uh... since I'd be worried, I'd... I'd have to walk you home! Make sure you got back safe?"

"But... but... but then you'd be walking home by yourself, and I'd be worried," Willow babbled, "so then I'd have to walk you home, which, you know, would be kind of-"

"Right! Because then I'd have to walk you home again-"

"And we'd just keep walking each other home until the sun came up-"

"Which would be really, really-"

"Silly," they both finished. Then they laughed.

"So, you see? It really makes much more sense for you to stay here tonight," Tara said. She couldn't help but be giddy at the prospect of Willow staying the night.

"Oh yes, much more sense," Willow agreed, nodding enthusiastically. "It's very much with the logic, and I'm all about being logic-gal!"

Tara nodded, and both girls just kept looking at each other, smiling broadly. They stayed that way for several moments, both unsure of what to do next. Tara was still laying on the bed, and Willow remained standing by the door. Well this is silly, Tara thought. Someone's got to make a move here.

"Uh, Wil?" Tara said gently. "Why don't you come lay down?"

Willow looked like Wylie Coyote hanging in mid-air after he just ran off the edge of the cliff. "Um... huh?"

"Well," Tara started to explain, hoping she could pull this off without sounding too over-eager, "I'm not letting you sleep on the floor, and I know that if I offer to sleep on the floor you're just going to argue with me about it. So in the interests of time, I just figured I'd head off the argument before it could start - we'll just share the bed, okay?"

Willow's mouth went dry, and she nodded dumbly. "Uh-huh," she answered weakly. Bed. Tara. Tara in bed. Me in bed. Tara and me in bed. Together. All night. Oh boy...

Slowly Willow made her way towards the bed. Tara slid down and over slightly, making room for Willow. The redhead paused for a moment, and then eased her way onto the furthermost edge of the bed - as close to the edge as she could get without falling off. But Tara was having none of it.

"Willow, if you lay like that all night, you're going to end up on the floor," Tara said jokingly.

"Huh? Oh..." Willow looked down her body and realized Tara was right. She scooted over a bit closer to Tara, still leaving a good three feet between them. She lay on her back, her hands clasped together over her abdomen, staring straight at the ceiling. Tara reached over and turned out the light, and then lay back down in the exact same position as Willow.

The room was cast in a soft glow from the moon and from the fairy lights. Both women lay there, unblinking. This is gonna be a long night, Tara thought.

Willow had a million thoughts racing through her head, all of them about Tara. She didn't know why she was so nervous. She and Buffy had shared a bed on numerous occasions, and it had never been a problem for Willow. There were many nights in high school when saving the world had taken them well into the early morning hours, and the girls had ended up at Buffy's to crash. And it never failed, Willow thought. Every single time, I would wake up with Buffy holding on to me like her favorite teddy bear.

Buffy was a cuddler, and truth was, it was because of Buffy that Willow had realized that she was a cuddler, too. Willow liked to cuddle. She liked hugs, she liked having someone else's arms wrapped around her, holding her. It made her feel safe. And loved.

Yet here she was, laying in bed next to Tara, stiff as a board and wide awake. She and Tara had hugged several times in the last few weeks, and each time it had felt like nothing Willow had ever felt before. It was comfort and joy and love and protection, all rolled into one. And Willow really, really liked it. Well this is silly, Willow thought. We can't lay like this all night.

Tara was thinking similar thoughts. In the last few weeks they had grown quite at ease with each other, except of course in those moments where they weren't at ease. But for the most part, just being around Willow brought Tara a greater sense of comfort than she had ever known, and it seemed to Tara that Willow felt the same. They often found themselves holding hands for no reason, or hugging, or just... touching. Always touching. Touches of comfort. Touches of friendship. Touches of support.

Yet here we are, terrified of touching one another, Tara thought. All Tara wanted to do was hold Willow in her arms, if only for this one night.

"Tara?" Willow asked quietly in the dark. "Are you awake?"

"Yes," Tara said softly.

"Um... could I... I mean... uh..." Willow fumbled for words to express what she wanted, that wouldn't freak Tara out completely.

"What do you need, Willow?" Tara asked gently, turning her head towards Willow.

Willow relaxed at the soft tones of Tara's voice, and she gathered her courage. "Could we... cuddle?"

Tara had to forcibly keep herself from jumping off the bed and doing a Happy Dance. "Sure we can," Tara said.

"I mean, we don't-"

"Willow," Tara interrupted. "Come over here."

Willow grinned at Tara and scooted over. Tara opened her arms to Willow, and the redhead went easily, wrapped an arm around Tara's waist and settling her head on Tara's shoulder.

"Better?" Tara asked, trying to keep her body from physically reacting to the feel of Willow's soft curves flush against her own.

"Um..." Willow hesitated, and then thought, What the hell... She slid her thigh up onto Tara's hip, and Tara had to stop herself from moaning. "Now better," Willow sighed happily.

"G-Good," Tara said, bringing her arms up around Willow's small frame. Truth was, while the nearness of Willow was setting her body on fire, it was also soothing her soul. She felt like this is what her body was made for - holding Willow. It felt right and wonderfully familiar, like her body was remembering a dream from long-ago.

Of course, Willow's body was reacting in much the same way that Tara's was. Her skin burned wherever it touched Tara's body, and yet she felt amazingly comfortable.

"Goodnight, Willow," Tara said quietly.

"Goodnight, Tara," Willow answered back. She closed her eyes and thought of the woman who's arms she slept in. She thought of Tara's amazing grace in all things. She thought back to the night they'd been running for their lives together, and how crazy that night had been - and yet the thing Willow remembered most about Tara that night was how calm she had seemed, how serene. In the most frantic of situations, Tara had brought Willow peace.

Willow thought, too, of all the time she spent with Tara, and how she had kept Tara hidden from her friends. She had meant what she had said to Tara earlier in the evening, that she liked having something that was just... hers. No Slayer no Scoobies, no apocalypses... just her and Tara, apart from everyone and everything else. A secret. Her secret.

But Willow knew, too, that that wasn't all there was to it, no matter how she tried to delude herself. A part of her desperately wanted her friends to know Tara. She wanted to show them that this beautiful, amazing person was in her life, and hers alone. She wanted them to know that Willow was good enough and smart enough and cool enough to have someone like this in her life. And that thought shamed her.

Tara didn't deserve to be some kind of trophy, put on display to make Willow feel better about herself. No, Tara didn't deserve that. Tara deserved everything Willow could give her, not the scraps off Willow's plate. Half-way just wasn't good enough when it came to Tara. Not in Willow's eyes, anyway.

Yes, Willow wanted Tara to meet her friends, yet she was scared, too. Scared that maybe her friends would see something between her and Tara that she had been too afraid to admit to herself. If her friends saw the two of them together, they would know. Know what? That I adore this woman? That she's the most incredible person I've ever met? That I can't wait to spend time with her? That my heart actually hurts when I'm not near her? That I'm...

Willow knew the words that were there, waiting to be spoken in her mind. Still, she wasn't ready. She was closer, but not ready. For once she said the words, even in her own mind, they would become true. And once they were true, there was no turning back.

She felt Tara drift off to sleep, the blonde's arms tightening slightly around her, and it felt like Heaven. It felt like a gift, a gift Willow felt she didn't deserve, but would accept anyway. For this precious gift, Willow decided, Tara deserved something of equal measure. Something Willow should have done a long time ago. Not because it was owed or expected, and not for Willow's benefit. For Tara.

Tomorrow, Willow would take Tara to meet her friends. Her decision made, Willow slid happily into slumber.

Maggie Walsh thumbed through Tara's latest report again. She couldn't help but feel that her best agent was holding out on her. She and Willow had been getting together for several weeks now, and had done nothing more than the simplest of spells.

No indication of any power on the level of that first night, Walsh thought, disappointed.

The report seemed pretty complete, however. Most of their time seemed to have been devoted to the study of magic. Yet Tara's report indicated that she and Willow had also spent at least a little bit of their time together doing other thing. Homework, talking, watching movies. Not much time, according to Tara's report, but time, nonetheless.

Walsh was well aware that Tara needed to spend this time with Willow in order to get the witch to trust her. Hell, Walsh had ordered Tara to do whatever it took.

Still... it was disturbing. Walsh wondered if Tara was slipping away from her. She had known it was a possibility, known that the connection Tara felt with Willow might distract Tara from her... duty. Yet Walsh had hoped it wouldn't happen, that Tara would remain as loyal to Walsh and the Initiative as she had been for the past two years.

Walsh shook her head. Pure speculation, that's all it was. There was nothing in the reports to suggest Tara was holding back, no evidence that Tara wasn't doing her job. All Walsh had to go on was her gut, and if she were perfectly honest, her gut had been wrong before.

If Tara's report was completely accurate, however, it was disappointing. While Walsh was somewhat relieved that the Slayer and her little band of malcontents didn't have as much power as she had once feared, they were still a threat. Still very, very dangerous. Yet, the less powerful the so-called "Scoobies" were, the better for the Initiative. And the worse for Maggie Walsh.

Walsh closed the report and walked out of her office. She wandered down the corridor, lost in thought about the redheaded witch. She needed Willow Rosenberg to be powerful, even though she feared it at the same time. She needed Willow Rosenberg to be strong, even though she knew it could doom them all. She needed Willow Rosenberg - period. Otherwise... otherwise she would have to turn somewhere else, somewhere she didn't want to go if she could help it.

She turned the corner and took out her card key, sliding it through the scanner and walking through the heavy steel door. She took out another card key, a secret card key, and swiped it through another scanner. The pressure-sealed door opened with a hiss, and Maggie Walsh entered Area 314.

TBC with Part 8: Dawn

"I feel like someone ran me down with a car, and then got out to give me a really great pair of shoes." - sassyeggsglobal

Post subject: Re: Part 7
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:30 pm 
Awww. :heart This part is so cute. Their bodies really want each other, but it does seem a little too soon.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:07 am 
Wow, you have a definate naked quad running fetish:eyebrow .

I'm loving the story.

Woohoo, sexual tention. Those two are so cute together.

I'm actually disliking Maggie Walsh more the second time around. She was always creepy but now she has her sights set on our girls*grrrr*.

What happens next? No wait, don't tell me. No, tell me...

Buffy: Let's face it: none of us are ever gonna have a happy, normal
relationship.

Xander: We're doomed!

Willow: Yeah!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:44 am 
Oooh, the infamous room 314. And the two of them in their awkward unsureness is so cute.

-------
"Yeah, 'tis the season. Whatever that means." Amends
Insist upon yourself and never imitate. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:11 am 
Willow picturing Tara as Lady Godiva. That was priceless. As was the "i'd have to walk you home and then you'd have to walk me home" conversation. They're so adorable.

I think its a good sign that Willow asked Tara to hold her.

Wicked Walsh has plans for our Willow, that's not good.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:50 am 
I already love this story!

Now I really wanna know what Walshs plans for Willow are. I didn't like her the first time around and sure as hell don't like her now! Willow and Tara are just too cute for words sometimes! Really great update :)

:love & :peace

Diane

You don't like me for who I am, then you don't like me for who I am...and all you can get...is who I am.
- Avril Lavigne

Post subject: pt7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:19 am 
There are so many 'little' details in this story that continue to make it such a joy to read! I'm enjoying the AU factor, as well as seeing the W/T formative scenes that we really didn't get to see on the show. I'll try to keep this comment relatively short, but there is great beauty in your W/T relationship juxtapose the M/T relationship. We get to see Willow's and Tara's struggles with being honest, putting the other person's well-being above their own desires, and loyalty-all the while helping one another grow. Loving in action, if not yet words. Then, you go and give us this other relationship that shows the antithesis of love-uh, yeah, the Maggie using Tara, playing on her insecurites, keeping some of the fear in her so that she might manipulate our girl relationship- that's the one I was referring to. Anyhow, I've got to get ready for work and this comment turned out to be longer than I anticipated anyhow. You have a true gift; thanks for sharing this story with us.

Macky

Post subject: Re: pt7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:43 am 
Discovering how one truly feels is always a wonderful awakening, and you expressed it well! Loving this story.

:hmm Naked quad running? I would so like to see that, however I just got my jeans off, so now to the panties........

Wonder what you and your muse will get for the next update? (Especially if :willow and :tara smoochies are involved?)

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:00 am 
Dangit, blameburner, you're making me cry again. I loved this part; you are exploring Willow and Tara's slow opening to each other so beautifully and truthfully. I loved this:

Quote:
She felt like this is what her body was made for - holding Willow. It felt right and wonderfully familiar, like her body was remembering a dream from long-ago.

I love the way they just physically yearn toward one another, that familiarity taking over their mental hesitations.

And I really liked what you did with Willow feeling ashamed that she wanted to show off that she was good enough to attract someone like Tara.

You are really getting to me with this story. Thanks.

"Maybe you should stop watching Season Severed.... Whatever it is, it's not worth hurting yourself over."
--Riley, slightly adapted from "Wild at Heart"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:22 am 
great update :) the images of naked Willow and Tara made me :drool . Willow asking Tara if they could cuddle was sweet. wonder what Maggie's needs Willow for. its cool that you've included room 314

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

Just because you have coffee with someone, doesn't make you a lesbian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:30 am 
Quote:
All Tara wanted to do was hold Willow in her arms, if only for this one night.

"Tara?" Willow asked quietly in the dark. "Are you awake?"

"Yes," Tara said softly.

"Um... could I... I mean... uh..." Willow fumbled for words to express what she wanted, that wouldn't freak Tara out completely.

"What do you need, Willow?" Tara asked gently, turning her head towards Willow.

Willow relaxed at the soft tones of Tara's voice, and she gathered her courage. "Could we... cuddle?"

Soooooo cute! I love this part, blameburner. The two of them lying there, wanting to cuddle but too afraid, is such a lovely image.

Quote:
Walsh was well aware that Tara needed to spend this time with Willow in order to get the witch to trust her. Hell, Walsh had ordered Tara to do whatever it took.
Noooo! I'm scared of Walsh interferring and messing things up :rage , she better not!

-------------------------

Alyson brought jelly beans as a gift for the local children, and those kids went nuts!
(Alexis, about their trip to Papua New Guinea)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:18 pm 
uh...wow!! More please!!!

-Trinity-

--------------------------
Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstacy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bare. If we can live without passion maybe we'd know some peace. But we'd be hollow, empty rooms, shuttered, and dank, With out passion we'd truly be dead. ANGEL in "Passion"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:37 pm 
Loved the update, BB!! W/T getting more n more closer, me like! :grin I thught it was soo cute when Will asked Tara to snuggle! :D

OK i'm officially starting to Hate Maggie Walsh! :evil

Can't wait 4 more!! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:46 pm 
That was wonderful. I love chapters that explore the progression of their relationship. And the cuddlefest was spot on. Loving this story.

------------------------------

Anya: I have finesse! I have finesse coming out of my bottom!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:05 pm 
Sorry, no update tonight. A few replies, though...

***The Rose 24 - Yes, a little too soon... but not by too much. ;)

***slowontheuptake - I couldn't resist the naked quad thing again. I just felt it needed to make an appearance here, too! Hehe.

***Thanatopsis - Ah, Room 314... Personally, I always thought Adam was a weak Big Bad - he held a lot of promise in a truly methodical, evil genius kind of way, but the execution was lacking (IMHO). And of course, Maggie was also sort of a let-down on the show - much more promise than delivery. Hmmmmm.... very interesting.

***mollyig - Glad you liked that conversation. The two of them trying to come up with any excuse to stay together without admitting it... *G*

***LeBuffster - Maggie's plans? Who said Maggie has a plan? Muahaha...

***Macky77 - Thanks for your great comments! It's funny because Willow and Tara are in such different situations, yet they're going through such similar experiences. Then there's the added dynamic with Walsh, which is so devious and at the same time, seems nurturing. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

***barnabasvamp - Panties! Panties! Yay! Sorry, though... no update tonight. I'm trying to wean y'all off the daily updates... well, actually, I just didn't get around to writing anything today (though I did plug some holes in the outline!)

***Tulipp - Making you cry? Who, moi? Ahem, well it's only fair since I cried throughout Terra Firma! So there! *G* Seriously, though, I'm glad you're liking it. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going too over the top. I hadn't initially planned on exploring so much of Willow's insecurities... it just kinda started. It's funny because I think I always liked Willow because I related to her on so many levels, though I didn't necessarily understand it all then. Now I find I have even more in common with her, so writing this is somewhat selfish of me, because it's like therapy. Okay, that was waaaaaay TMI. Eek!

***Grimaldi - Okay, I'm gonna spill... Maggie needs Willow to be the tenth member of her all girl, mostly demon softball team!

***vix84 - I love a good cuddle, don't you?

***XWickedXWiccan - More? Um... okay. Sometime soon. Patience! *G*

***MissQuirky - Starting to hate MW? Just starting? Huh... I must not be doing my job, then! Hehe.

***MadeinNZ - I never wanted to go back and tackle the S4 stuff, cuz so many others have one it, and done it much better than I ever could. But there's enough of a difference in canon here so it doesn't seem quite as daunting, ya know?

-BB

"I feel like someone ran me down with a car, and then got out to give me a really great pair of shoes." - sassyeggsglobal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:05 pm 
What a cute part. Willow's first sleepover at Tara's! They're all awkward and then Willow bites the bullet and it's cuddletime. Very, very cute.

Maggie Walsh has nefarious designs on Willow. Hmmmm. Not good.

Thanks for writing this very clever take on season 4.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:06 am 
Quote:
***MissQuirky - Starting to hate MW? Just starting? Huh... I must not be doing my job, then! Hehe.

Was half hate, now WHOLE HATE!! :D Doin a perfectly well job, BB!! Keep it up! :)

~Ashley~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:39 am 
I need to be careful about posting before I have my first cup of caffine--thanks for responding despite the fact I that even I question what form of grammar I was using yesterday morning. You mentioned weaning us off the daily updates--what about every-other-daily? (yeah, so that's not a word or a saying, but I know you caught the meaning) 'Cause weaning implies a slow, gradual process. *insert one of those dang smiley faces I need get here*

Mack

Edited by: Macky77 at: 9/26/02 3:08:21 am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:12 am 
Glad to hear you are at least working on upcoming parts.

Someone like myself (severely lacking in the creative writing area) just has to try and be a bit more patient :angel

( which BV says as she slowly starts to swing panties to throw as an incentive for more!)

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:43 am 
Wooohoo and update :D I am not holding back on the happy dance he he. And yes, as predicted, I loved the updated :D

Very very sweet with the cuddling, of course I was holding out for more, but thats cos im so damned impatient :p

Glad Willow is going to introduce Tara because otherwise Tara would be feeling left out and that would be bad. Oh but then Buffy might click on about Tara being all comandery and then it will be bad!! Ok now im babbling on aimlessly so I shall leave and pray for an update!

:peace Aly xxxx

You all didnt happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

Post subject: Part 8
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:15 pm 
***Murasaki S - Clever? *G* You just made my day.

***MissQuirky - Whole Hate? Well okay then... hehe.

***Macky77 - Grammar... hmm... I seem to remember something about grammar from high school English... but then I lost it in college. Pesky grammar. Always gettin' in the way of me ain'ts and huh's.

***barnabasvamp - I see London, I see France, I see barnabasvamp's underpants! And just for that... UPDATE! (well, not really... I was gonna update anyway, but keep those panties comin'!)

***ally02 - Happy Dances are always welcomed and appreciated. *G*

Title: The Truth of Deception - Part 8: Dawn

Author: blameburner

Summary: AU, baby! So you all know by now... Tara is part of the Initiative. Plenty of questions remain, however, and the answers will be revealed... eventually.

Spoiler Warning: S4. Everything up to "Hush" is canon. After that, this story veers off. There will be some similarities to S4, but definite differences. Basically, if it happened after "Hush" on the show, assume it didn't happen unless I mention it specifically.

Disclaimer: Not my characters, but oh how I wish they were! Joss, blah, blah, ME, blah, blah.

Rating: Generally R, but some NC-17 (maybe). Just be prepared.

Pairings: W/T, of course.

Angst: 3 - no particular reason.

Previously...

She felt Tara drift off to sleep, the blonde's arms tightening slightly around her, and it felt like Heaven. It felt like a gift, a gift Willow felt she didn't deserve, but would accept anyway. For this precious gift, Willow decided, Tara deserved something of equal measure. Something Willow should have done a long time ago. Not because it was owed or expected, and not for Willow's benefit. For Tara.

Tomorrow, Willow would take Tara to meet her friends. Her decision made, Willow slid happily into slumber.

Part 8

Tara awoke slowly, which was strange in and of itself. Usually she was simply sleeping one moment and wide awake the next. Waking up slowly was something of a luxury - a luxury she couldn't afford. Except this morning.

Her mind eased its way into consciousness, and as it did she became aware of a soft weight pressing down on her. Wrapped around her. Then she realized her own arms were wrapped around this same something... something that was incredibly warm and smelled of honeysuckle. Tara blinked her eyes open, and looked down.

Willow.

Willow was in her arms. Willow was wrapped around her. Tara smiled. She never wanted to get out of bed.

Tara wrapped her arms a little tighter around the woman in her arms, and let out a sigh of absolute contentment. She didn't think she had ever felt so relaxed in her entire life. Or so happy.

Willow shifted in Tara's arms, beginning her own slow crawl towards consciousness.

"Silly rabbit... bonnets are for snow peas," Willow mumbled.

Tara peered down at the redhead, an amused smile creeping across her mouth. So her mind is as busy when she's asleep as when she's awake, Tara thought. My poor baby.

"No more soup today, Mr. Postman," Willow mumbled again, scrunching up her nose and burying her face against Tara's neck.

Tara tensed slightly as Willow's warm breath played across her skin. Down, girl. Easy now, she tried to calm herself, much like she would a jittery horse. Willow was having a definite and direct effect on certain parts of Tara's anatomy.

Something about the feel of Tara's skin against her face was having its own effect on the slowly waking redhead. She nuzzled into the softness and inhaled deeply.

"Smell good," she muttered, rubbing her nose against Tara's neck. Tara almost leapt out of her skin when she felt the moist tip of Willow's tongue peak out and delicately lick once under her ear. "Taste better," Willow breathed.

"Uh... Wil?" Tara squeaked. She didn't know how much she could take before flipping the redhead on her back and taking her right then and there - something which Tara knew was certain to freak Willow out completely.

"Yeah, baby?" Willow muttered, placing several tiny kisses on Tara's neck. Tara craned her head around and, even though Willow grumbled in protest as the skin she had been kissing fell away from her lips, Tara realized Willow was still very much asleep. The blonde would have thought it was adorable if her body hadn't been about to revolt against her common sense and kiss the redhead senseless.

As gently as possible, Tara eased her body out form underneath Willow's, intending to put a little distance between herself and Willow. Willow, however, was as stubborn in sleep as she was while awake, and wrapped her arms tighter around the blonde's waist. Tara let out a short laugh - she couldn't help it.

"Was'so funny?" Willow groaned, Tara's laughter having permeated the last vestiges of sleep. She looked through fuzzy eyes to find a smiling blonde looking back at her. "Tara?" Willow asked hoarsely, pushing herself up on her elbows.

"Good morning," Tara said quietly, unable to keep herself from reaching up and tucking a strand of copper behind Willow's ear. Her fingers lingered as she withdrew her hand back across Willow's cheek, and she wondered if she was imagining it when Willow closed her eyes and leaned, just slightly, into the touch.

Willow's eyes fluttered back open, and green eyes met blue. They held each other's gaze for a long moment, neither willing to relinquish the sight before them. Willow blushed slightly, but she amazed herself by not scurrying away. Instead, she lay back down on her side and propped her head up with her hand. Then she took Tara's hand with her free one, and smiled.

Tara's breath caught in her chest. She had expected Willow to pull away as soon as the redhead became fully aware of the intimacy of their positions, but Willow didn't. Once again, Willow had surprised her. At that same moment, Tara also realized that Willow had been... kissing her. Granted, it had been while Willow was still at least half-asleep, but still... Willow had kissed her. Willow called me baby.

"Um... did I say anything?" Willow asked hesitantly. "In my sleep?"

Tara feigned innocence. "Like what?"

"Uh, well... something... bizarre? Like anything about sunflowers and raspberries?" Willow asked, hoping against hope that for once her mind had been quiet in her sleep.

She doesn't remember, Tara thought, somewhat disappointed. She kind of hoped Willow would have been aware of her advances in her sleep. At the same time, Tara was relieved, as well. She could only imagine what Willow's reaction would be if she knew she had kissed Tara, even if it was unconsciously.

"Nope, no sunflowers or raspberries," Tara smiled. Willow let out a sigh of relief, until Tara said, "There was something about rabbits and snow peas, though."

Willow flopped back on the bed, covered her eyes with her arm, and groaned.

"Willow," Tara laughed, "it's okay. It was... cute."

Willow peered at Tara from underneath her arm. "Cute? Uh... really? And here I thought it was mildly psychotic."

Tara's laugh deepened. "No, nothing even close to psychotic, sweetie."

Willow smiled and rolled off the bed. She called me sweetie, Willow thought with a shiver. She stretched her arms high above her head, shaking the remnants of sleep that were still clinging to her body. She yawned and licked her lips. Sweet, she thought, puzzled. Why do my lips taste sweet? She shrugged to herself, and then sat down to pull on her shoes.

Tara sat up and rested he back against the headboard. "Early class?" Tara asked, already knowing the answer. She had had Willow's schedule memorized, even before the redhead had given her the color-coded chart with the smiley-face stickers on it.

"Yeah," Willow called over her shoulder, "and I wanna grab a shower and change first. I don't want anyone calling me Stinky Willow in class."

"I don't think anyone could ever call you that," Tara said with yet another laugh. It felt good to laugh so much. She had forgotten. "You smell far too good for that," Tara added, cringing internally even as she did so. Open mouth, insert foot. But Willow surprised Tara yet again, turning to look at Tara and giving her a trademark Willow-grin. Tara's heart started beating like Thumper's foot on a log.

Willow stood and fidgeted for a moment, then looked Tara in the eye. "Do you have any plans tonight?" Willow asked softly.

"Uh, no," Tara answered. "I'm all yours... uh, if you want... me." Nice one, MaClay. I wonder if I can get two feet in my mouth at the same time?

"Good," Willow said with a smile. "Tonight. Eight o'clock. The Bronze."

"Um... huh?" Tara said, confused. They had never gone to the Bronze before.

"That was supposed to come out in the form of a question," Willow said, shaking her head. Order her around, why don't you? "Let me try that again. Tara MaClay, if you don't have any other plans, would you care to accompany me to the Bronze tonight?" Willow realized then that it had very much sounded like she had just asked Tara out on a date. Somehow that thought didn't bother her as much as she had thought it would.

"I'd... I'd love to," Tara said, shocked. Did Willow just ask me out? No, it couldn't be... could it?

Willow smiled and walked toward the door. "Good, I'll see you then. It's about time you met my friends," she said as she walked out of the room. The door shut behind her with a soft click.

"Wait... did you say meet your friends?" Tara asked the closed door. Then she gulped.

"Hey! Where were you all night?" Buffy asked cheekily. "Are there details? There better be details!"

"Hey, Buffy," Willow said, closing the door behind her and dropping her bag on the floor.

"Please tell me you didn't fall asleep in the library," Buffy said, shaking her head.

"No, not the library," Willow said, gathering her courage. Okay, here goes nothing. "Actually, I spent the night at a friend's."

"A friend's? Really?" Buffy asked with a smirk. "Would this be a boy-type friend?"

"No, not a boy," Willow replied.

"Oh," Buffy said, a little disappointed. She had really hoped there would be vicarious smoochies. She hadn't seen Riley in nearly twenty-four hours, and she was really in need of some smoochies - real or otherwise. "Fell asleep studying, huh?"

"Yeah," Willow said a little indignantly, though the tone was lost on Buffy. Hey! Just because there was no boy doesn't mean I fell asleep studying! There could have been other reasons! I could have been doing other... things! Willow suddenly felt offended, and she had no idea why - at least, none that she wanted to admit.

"Well, good. I'm glad you didn't walk home by yourself," Buffy said as she finished getting dressed.

"I stayed with Tara," Willow suddenly blurted out.

"That's nice," Buffy commented absently as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"She's my friend," Willow said. "My good friend."

"That's great, Wil," Buffy said. Then she turned to Willow. "Wait... is that your witchy friend? The one from the laundry room?"

"Yeah," Willow answered.

"This is the first time you've seen her since that night, right?" Buffy asked. "How's she holding up?" Buffy figured they hadn't seen each other because Tara was too freaked out about the whole running-for-their-lives thing.

"She's fine. Good really," Willow said. "Actually..." she said a little hesitantly, "it's not the first time I've seen her."

"Oh, really?" Buffy said, distracted by her hair brush.

"Yeah, I mean, we've gotten together a couple times, done a few spells. You know, witchy stuff," Willow explained, when all she really wanted to say was, "I've spent practically every waking moment for the last several weeks at Tara's, and you, Buffy Summers, my best friend, have been completely oblivious!"

"That's cool, Wil," Buffy said, regaining her focus on her friend.

"Yeah, it really is," Willow said. "Actually, I'd really like you guys to meet her."

"Sure, Wil," Buffy said. "Just let me know when."

"How about tonight?" Willow asked quickly.

"Tonight? Uh... sure! Actually, I've been in desperate need of some Willow-time," Buffy said happily. She knew she'd been really wrapped up with Riley lately, and Willow had been studying so hard at the library... they really hadn't seen each other. They definitely needed some best-friend bonding time.

"Great!" Willow said, relieved. "The Bronze? At eight?"

"Sounds good," Buffy said, getting kind of excited. "I'll call Riley. And Xander. I'm sure he'll bring Anya," Buffy said, rolling her eyes at the thought of the ex-demon, "but we'll survive."

"She might not," Willow grumbled. She didn't want Anya anywhere near Tara. Anya had this annoying habit of being... annoying, and Willow didn't want the ex-demon bothering her... friend. If Anya got out of hand, Willow resolved to turn her into something small and squishy.

"Great! Well, I have to run. I need my hearty Slayer breakfast before class. See ya!" Buffy said as she ran out the door.

Willow smiled. She couldn't wait for tonight.

TBC with Part 9: Life In A Bottle

Post subject: Re: Part 8
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:51 pm 
Speaking of grammar...You done good with this update. How's that for $45,000.00 wasted?

Macky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:23 pm 
Awwww. That was so beautiful. :heart

Willow wants Tara even in her sleep. :blush

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:59 pm 
I love this, it's like the hush-nmr plot but different so you can have things be a little different. And I like the way Willow is slowly realizing what is going. Great stuff!

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Tara and Willow

Accept NO subsitutes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:46 am 
BB, I'm already thudding, and they haven't even done the Flaming O yet. (I know it's AU, but you are going to use the Spell of All Spells, aren't you?? Oh, please, oh, please.)

This is very cool. You're so good at depicting tenderness and intimacy between W and T. I hope you'll post the next installment soon.

Xander: "Tara, nice axing." Tara: "My first."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:30 am 
Sleepy Willow was so adorable, and seems to know what she wants!

Buffy oblivious to how happy Willow has been, I think Willow was right to be irked by that.

The Bronze should be interesting, Tara meeting the Scoobs. Loved how Willow described Anya Anya had this annoying habit of being... annoying

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next