The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Part 8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:39 am 
*giggles*

That was great! I loved how Buffy just had no idea. And poor Will, wishing her best friend would stop being so...blond for one second and actually work out what was going on.

Ohhh *drool*, imagine waking up to accidental Willow kissage. :D

Can't wait for the Bronze scenes!

Quote:
***vix84 - I love a good cuddle, don't you?

Sure do! ;)

-------------------------

Alyson brought jelly beans as a gift for the local children, and those kids went nuts!
(Alexis, about their trip to Papua New Guinea)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:03 am 
"Awwwwwww. BB, you do such justice to the intimacy between our girls!!" BV says, as she lets the panties fly (deep red with lace, of course).

" Now with no panties, I find myself with a bit of a chill. Perhaps smoochies, or more :grin , might warm me up a bit? You wouldn't want me to get sick would ya?"

Thanks for the update. Great as usual

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:13 am 
Sleeping Willow is so adorable with the Alice in Wonderland babble and the Tara kissage. Sigh.

And Willow is taking Tara to the Bronze to meet her other friends. Good for her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:27 am 
I'm just so proud of your Willow for taking Tara to meet her friends. I mean, I know that this is roughly canon, but she seems more confident and excited about it now; she didn't have to go through so much of the hiding of Tara. It's nice to see that.

I especially liked Willow talking about soup in her sleep. I used to have this dream that I was on a bus, and the bus was full of tepid soup up to everyone's neck, and the driver gave us each a fork and said we could get off the bus when we'd finished the soup.

How's that for too much information? :)

Anyway, I really like the way they are letting each other be physical, the way Willow stayed put and took Tara's hand. It's just so natural and spontaneous. That feels so good to read.

"Don’t make fun. I worked long and hard to get this pompous."
--Riley in "Fear Itself"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:22 pm 
Wow I had so much to catch up on. I love how this story is going and just spent a happy morning reading 6 parts of it. I am very happy to hear that it's going to be a nice long story as well. I like how you are slowly building up the relationship between Willow and Tara. How Willow is slowly realising and accepting her feelings for Tara and how Tara is reacting to Willow. I don't like Maggie, she's creepy and she's going to play on Tara's feelings. I'm very interested to see how the meeting goes with the scoobies, that's if sthey all turn up. Wonderful story BB and sorry I haven't replied sooner, been laid up with a head injury :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:23 pm 
:bounce :bounce :bounce Whoo hooo BB, again you out do yourself. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it....tha is what i think of this fic. You have out done yourself again. You continue to amaze me with your gift of writing. Keep up the GREAT work and can't wait til the next update. :bounce :bounce :bounce

__________________:evil WOLFLORD :evil ________________

Sometimes I think of them doing spells and I do a spell myself. Xander in Restless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:04 pm 
That was a wonderful exchange between the girls. Tara all conflicted and Willow all adorable. Lovely. And clueless Buffy makes an appearance. Looking forward to the Bronze.

------------------------------

Anya: I have finesse! I have finesse coming out of my bottom!

Post subject: replies and such
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:06 pm 
Hey all... Part 9 is about half written. I may post it later tonight as Part 9a, as I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it. I've got a good excuse, though! My best friend's coming in town to visit me! Yay, Blamey!

Actually I only need another couple of hours to finish it up, so maybe you'll get the whole thing. You just never know with me.

In any case, I just wanted to say xtra special thank you for all your support. I'm really glad you're liking my take on S4. The beginning of W/T has been so well-written by many other fan fic writers, I was a little nervous to take it on. But you guys have been just great, and I'm kind of relieved.

So, on to the replies...

***Macky77 - $45,000? That's it? I've sooooooo got you beat! I'd laugh, but it's kind of depressing that I haven't got more to show for all those loans! :(

***MissQuirky - Faith... hmmm... I have to say, I've never attempted to write her, and I'm kind of scared to. Sorry, no Faith... she just doesn't quite fit into my plot - though she might find her way into the sequel. Hehe.

***The Rose24 - I find that your deepest desires are often revealed in your sleep - when your guard is down. *G*

***xita - Thanks! Things are going to start diverging more and more from the original series, but I like throwing in some parallels... as much as I love the original, it's like I can fix all the little things I wish they'd done differently, you know?

***mscheckmate - Hey there check! No, sorry, no Flaming O in this story. No Faith, no flaming O... but I PROMISE, the difference will be worth it. You have nooooo idea... hehehe.

***mollyig - That was one of the things that irked me about S4 - Buffy got sooooo wrapped up in herself, way more than usual. Personally, I thought the extent to which she did so was a bit out of character, so consider this my own personal fix - at least a little bit - by making Buffy a little more aware. But not too much, of course. ;)

***vix84 - I often dream of waking up to accidental Willow-kissage. Often, and sometimes in public!

***barnabasvamp - Smoochies? Smoochies did you say? I'm sorry, I was distracted by the flying panties.

***Murasaki S - Don't you just wanna give Willow a pat on the back for that? I do.

***Tulipp - Thanks so much. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy reading your comments? They take me to a happy place.

***Puff - 6 parts all at once? Yikes! I hope you at least got up and stretched once in a while. *G*

***Wolflord - You are making me blush. Seriously, I'm all red over here. Thanks.

-BB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:12 am 
great update :) Willow talking in her sleep was funny. Buffy sure is clueless. Tara meeting the other Scoobies should be interesting.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

Just because you have coffee with someone, doesn't make you a lesbian

Post subject: Part 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:37 pm 
Hey there, campers! Sorry I couldn't update sooner - if it's any consolation, I had a great weekend!

Oh, and BTW...

Cliffhanger alert!

Don't worry, it's a mild cliffhanger.

-BB

Title: The Truth of Deception - Part 9: Life In A Bottle

Author: blameburner

Summary: AU, baby! So you all know by now... Tara is part of the Initiative. Plenty of questions remain, however, and the answers will be revealed... eventually.

Spoiler Warning: S4. Everything up to "Hush" is canon. After that, this story veers off. There will be some similarities to S4, but definite differences. Basically, if it happened after "Hush" on the show, assume it didn't happen unless I mention it specifically.

Disclaimer: Not my characters, but oh how I wish they were! Joss, blah, blah, ME, blah, blah.

Rating: Generally R, but some NC-17 (maybe). Just be prepared.

Pairings: W/T, of course.

Angst: 7... it's a collision course, baby! Mild cliffhanger warning.

Part 9

Tara was freaking out. It was already 7:15. She had showered, shaved, blow dried her hair, and even applied just a touch of makeup. She never wore makeup, and she couldn't believe she had put any on. Yet there she was, primping in front of the mirror and re-checking her lipstick like a sixteen year-old going to the prom. And I still have nothing to wear!

She looked over at the pile of clothes on her bed. She had emptied out practically her entire closet. Nothing. At least nothing that looked cool without making it seem like she was trying to look cool. Nothing that was pretty without looking frilly, sheik without looking pretentious, comfortable without looking like she had come straight to the Bronze from a strenuous day of laying in bed watching television.

"Grrrrr!" Tara let out a frustrated growl. "That's it! I can't go! I just have to call Willow and tell her I... I... I have to study. I'm sick. I'm dead! That's it! I'll call her and tell her I'm dead!"

Oh good God! Now I'm talking to myself outloud, too! Tara-girl, you've finally lost it.

She picked up the phone and dialed Willow's number.

"Hello?" came Willow's voice through the receiver.

"Willow?" came Tara's strangled reply. She was hyperventilating now.

"Tara? What's wrong?" Willow asked, her voice immediately full of concern.

"I can't come tonight. I'm sorry, I just can't!" Tara said, on the verge of tears.

"What? Tara, why? What's wrong?"

Silence.

"Tara? Please talk to me! What happened? Did something happen?" Willow was near panic now.

"I... I... I..." Tara couldn't get past "I."

"I'm coming over!" Willow shouted before hanging up the phone.

"Willow, no," Tara told the dial tone. "Oh, crap."

Tara sunk down onto the bed, receiver still in hand. It seemed like only a few seconds had passed before Willow came flying through the door.

"Tara!" she said, gasping for breath, stake in hand. "Where is it?" she said, whipping her head around frantically.

"Where's what?" Tara asked, totally confused.

"The monster! Demon!" She looked at Tara who was just sitting there watching her, the confusion on the blonde's face giving way to a tinge of amusement. "Vampire?" Willow asked uncertainly, finally calming down a little after realizing there was no blood-sucking fiend in the room.

"No, no monster or demon or vampire," Tara said, finally understanding. Willow had panicked when Tara had acted to irrationally on the phone. This was Protective-Cool-Monster-Fighter-Willow. Tara thought it was sexy as hell.

"No?" Willow asked, sounding mildly disappointed.

"No," Tara said, grinning. She leaned over to finally hang up the phone. "But if you want I can run outside and see if I can find one?"

"No!" Willow shouted. "I mean... uh..." she said, calming a little. Then she burst out laughing. "Sorry," she said through laughs, "I just... you were so strange on the phone... I guess I kinda... panicked?"

Tara stood up and folded Willow into her arms. "It's okay," she said, rubbing her hand up and down Willow's back. "It's really very sweet."

"It is?" Willow asked, forcibly keeping herself from sighing at the feel of being back in Tara's arms.

Tara pulled back and cupped Willow's cheek. "Yeah, it is," she said, her voice dropping to barely above a whisper. Willow shivered.

The blonde stepped back slightly, not wanting Willow to become uncomfortable.

"So, uh... why did you say you aren't going tonight?" Willow asked.

"Oh, I... I couldn't find anything to wear?" Tara said sheepishly. Now that she thought about it, it really seemed rather silly.

"Oh! That's no problem!" Willow said, relieved. "Willow Rosenberg, Fashion Consultant to the Stars, at your service!"

Tara laughed. "You get paid for that?"

"Yep," Willow said cheerfully. "I get paid in puppies."

Tara laughed heartily. Sometimes the strangest things came out of Willow's mouth. Willow smiled broadly.

"Okay, let's see... jeez, it looks like your closet erupted onto your bed," Willow commented as she started picking her way through the pile on the bed. "Hmm..."

"Hmm, what?" Tara asked, watching Willow as she pulled her hand out of the pile and studied it in concentration.

Willow looked at Tara carefully. For the first time since she had burst into the room, she noticed how absolutely stunning Tara looked. Tara blushed under Willow's scrutiny.

"Well, uh..." Willow stumbled just a bit, then found her verbal footing - and her very, very bad French accent. "I zink ve are going to vant to vear zomezing comfortable yet full of ze style, no?"

"Oui, oui!" Tara said, playing along.

"Okay, zen... let moi zee..." Willow thrust her hand into the pile on the bed, latched on to the first item of clothing her hand closed around, and yanked out...

"Viola!" she said proudly... until Tara started laughing. Willow frowned and looked down at her hand. She was holding a bathing suit.

"Well, I suppose that would be good if the Bronze had tanning booths," Tara said, still giggling. Willow blushed, but quickly recovered.

"Vell I zee dat dis is going to be a true tezt of moi's skillz," Willow said. "I zink a different approach iz varranted." Willow eyed the pile and started to circle the bed like a predator stalking prey. "Ah-ha!" she shouted and pounced. Triumphant at last, she held up a black skirt patterned with small yellow flowers and a soft black sweater.

"Perfect," Tara said smiling. Willow was positively beaming.

"Here you go, Madam," Willow said as she handed Tara the clothes, bowing slightly as she did.

"Ah, thank you, Milady," Tara said with a curtsey.

Then Willow realized Tara had to change clothes. Meaning dressing. And undressing.

"Uh... I'll just, uh... turn around," Willow said, spinning away from Tara.

Tara dressed quickly as Willow did math problems in her head in order to distract herself.

"Okay, I'm ready," Tara said.

Willow turned around. "You look... lovely," she said shyly.

"So do you," Tara said just as shyly.

Willow offered her hand to Tara, who took it eagerly. Fingers intertwined, they headed out for the Bronze.

The Bronze was jumping, packed wall to wall with rowdy teens and twenty-somethings. Willow and Tara made their way through the throng, trying to spot...

"Buffy!" Willow said, tugging on Tara's hand.

"Look! It's the Willster!" Xander said, poking Buffy in the ribs.

"Thanks for the update, Xander," Buffy said sarcastically but good-naturedly. "Cuz I might have missed that one if you haven't pointed it out."

"I do what I can," Xander said, patting himself on the back - figuratively and literally.

"Hey, guys," Willow said excitedly, pulling up to a stop in front of the table. "Tara, this is Buffy, Riley, and Xander. Everyone, this is my friend, Tara."

"Hey!" Anya snorted indignantly. "No, not everyone! Everyone implies the inclusion of each person attending the gathering. I am in attendance, and therefore I am part of everyone, and... you forgot me!"

Willow rolled her eyes and was desperately trying to stop herself from saying something rude, but Tara saved the day.

"Hi, I'm Tara," the blonde said, holding out her hand to the ex-demon.

Anya studies the hand for a moment, then the blonde, who simply smiled at her. Anya broke out into a huge grin and latched onto Tara's hand, shaking it whole-heartedly. "I like you. You have manners - unlike some people," Anya said, nodding her head towards Willow. "I'm Anya."

"Nice to meet you," Tara said with a giggle, practically having to pry her hand out of the ex-demon's. Tara looked over at Willow, who was still cranky. Then Willow looked back at the blonde, and all her crankiness just faded away.

The rest of the group all got in their "hi's" and "how are ya's," and Willow settled onto a couple of stools. Then... nothing. Riley started glancing around the room, Xander was trying very hard to avoid staring openly at Tara, Anya was not bothering to avoid staring openly at the blonde woman - who she had just decided was her new best friend, and Buffy was actually twiddling her thumbs. In all the years Willow had known Buffy, she had never seen the Slayer twiddle.

"Uh, so..." Xander decided to bite the bullet, "you're a witch?"

"Xander!" Willow chastised.

"What? She is, right?" Xander asked defensively. He turned his attention back to Tara. "I mean, you are, right?"

"And he says I'm blunt to the point of massive head trauma," Anya grumbled under her breath. She didn't want her orgasm friend making her new best friend uncomfortable.

"It's okay," Tara said shyly. "I am a w-witch."

"Cool," Xander said, smiling. "So, uh... do you two do spells together and stuff? Spells with the communing and chanting and cleansing and, uh... touching?"

Willow groaned and thumped her forehead on the table.

"You'll have to excuse him," Buffy said to Tara. "He spent too many years watching Baywatch. Warped his tiny little brain."

Tara laughed. Willow raised her head and shot Xander a death glare.

"Hey! You're supposed to protect your friends, not stake them in the back!" Xander complained. He had the decency to look chagrined when Buffy shot him a warning look. "Oops," Xander mumbled.

"It's okay, guys. Tara knows," Willow said.

"She does?" Buffy asked, slightly confused. "About, um..."

"She knows all about the vampires, demons, monsters... the Gentlemen, remember? And she knows you're the Slayer," Willow confirmed. It had never occurred to Willow not to tell Tara.

"Oh. Okay. Um, Wil? Do I even have a secret identity anymore?" Buffy said with a laugh, though she was slightly disturbed. Willow had always taken the need to keep Buffy's identity secret very seriously. Buffy wondered what had made Willow tell Tara.

"Well, it's just... I mean..." Willow sputtered, suddenly feeling very much on the defensive.

"It's okay, Wil. Don't hurt yourself," Buffy joked. She really didn't want her best friend to feel bad. "I guess I just... no offense, Tara, but we don't really know you..."

"Well I know her," Willow broke in. Though she knew Buffy wasn't really attacking Tara, Willow wasn't about to let Tara even be pseudo-attacked.

"She saved my life, Buffy," Willow said, her voice rich and true. "That night when the Gentlemen came... Tara came looking for me, to try and help. Even with those things out there killing people, she came to find me. She didn't have to..." Willow paused, looking to Tara for strength. What Willow found when she looked in Tara's eyes was more than she ever could have hoped. Strength. Pride. Compassion. And love?

Willow shook her head slightly and refocused on the Scoobies, who were completely silent. She looked to each one of them in turn, making eye contact, willing them to understand what she was trying to say.

"She didn't have to walk into danger, Buffy. But she did, and that night she saved me." She saved me in more ways than one, Willow thought. "And after that... I just... I know her. And I trust her. Completely."

Buffy cocked her head and looked deeply into Willow's eyes, studying her. After a long moment, Buffy simply nodded. "If you trust her, Willow, then that's good enough for me."

"Me, too," Xander agreed, a broad grin plastered on his face.

"Well of course I trust her," Anya chimed in. "She is my new best friend, after all."

Buffy and Willow both looked at Anya in utter confusion. Xander pinched the bridge of his nose. "An, honey... typically you don't become best friends with someone five minutes after meeting them for the first time-"

Everyone watched as Xander very patiently tried to explain the etiquette of best friendship to Anya. Everyone, that is, except Tara, who was thankful for the momentary distraction. Outside, Tara was smiling and nodding along with the rest of the group. Inside, Tara was screaming.

Willow's words had cut her deeply. "I know her. And I trust her. Completely," Willow had said.

But the truth was Willow didn't know Tara at all. Willow couldn't trust Tara.

Because Tara had lied.

It took all of Tara's strength not to run out of the Bronze, away from the Initiative and Sunnydale and... Willow. Tara had betrayed Willow, was in fact betraying her at this very moment just by sitting there with her friends, pretending to be worthy of Willow's trust and friendship and...

Just tell her the truth. Damn the consequences, damn the Initiative, damn Maggie Walsh. And damn you, too, for ever agreeing to this in the first place. Willow deserves the truth. Even though she'll hate you. Even though you'll lose her forever. As if you ever had her to begin with. As if you ever deserved her. Just tell her the truth.

"...plus you really need to, well, ask her if she wants to be your best friend," Xander finally finished explaining to Anya.

"Oh, well why didn't you just say so," Anya said, wondering how she would ever get the last five minutes of her life back. She really had to teach Xander how to get to the point when speaking, like she did. She turned to Tara, who looked at the moment like she was very far away.

"Tara?" Anya asked in a much gentler tone than the Scoobies normally heard from her. Tara looked up at her, and Anya thought she saw a tiny glimmer of something before the blonde clamped back down on her very well hidden emotions. It was almost as if the blonde was... in pain.

"Y-Yes?" Tara replied.

Anya chose to ignore what she thought she had seen. Now was neither the time nor the place to find out what was going on. The ex-demon made a mental note to ask the blonde about it later. After all, that's what best friends did - or so she'd heard. "Xander says I'm supposed to ask, so... will you be my best friend?"

"Um... okay?" Tara said a little uncertainly. She was still reeling from her internal self-berating, but something about Anya's earnest request soothed her, at least slightly.

Willow was staring open mouthed at Tara. "Um, Tara? You know you don't have to, right?" Willow whispered.

Tara looked into Willow's eyes and smiled reassuringly. "It's okay. I like her," Tara said.

"Uh... really?" Willow asked, shocked. No one liked Anya. Well, no one except Xander, but he and Anya were orgasm buddies, as Anya so often liked to point out. Plus, Xander had dated Cordelia... and that explained a lot.

Tara nodded, and all Willow could do was shrug. Whatever Tara wanted was fine by Willow.

"Okay, so... how about we all get to know our new friend?" Buffy suggested.

"What, like you want all of us to share some deep, dark secret?" Anya asked. "Ooo, I like it."

"But we all know each other's secrets, except you don't really know Tara's, and well that doesn't seem very fair to Tara to be having to do all the sharing," Willow rambled, looking nervously at Tara. She didn't want Tara to feel pressured or embarrassed.

"Awe come on! How deep and dark could Tara's secrets be? It's not like she's part of some super-secret government organization or anything, right?" Xander said.

Tara's eyes widened in horror for the briefest instant. Luckily, no one noticed.

"Xander!" Buffy warned. She looked at Riley, panicked.

"Oh," Xander said, his face falling. "I did it again, huh?"

"No, you know what? It's okay," Riley said, surprising everyone. "I mean, you all know already... and Willow trusts Tara... and I trust Willow. Besides," Riley laughed, "it's not like my team has been doing such a good job of keeping it secret."

Suddenly Tara got a bad feeling. A really, really bad feeling.

Riley turned to Tara. "I'm part of a super-secret government organization," Riley said, using Xander's words, "operating here on campus to deal with the demon threat. We're called The Initiative. You've probably seen us running around campus in camouflage? We like to say we're playing paintball," he said, laughing slightly. "You know, saying it out loud, it sounds really silly."

"I know," Buffy said, laughing. Riley eyed her, and she mumbled "sorry," though she was still snickering.

Tara just stared at Riley, unblinking.

Riley. In The Initiative. Riley. Dating Buffy. Riley. Working for Maggie Walsh. And they all know. Willow knows. What in the Hell is going on here?

TBC with Part 10: Life In A Fishbowl

"I feel like someone ran me down with a car, and then got out to give me a really great pair of shoes." - sassyeggsglobal

Post subject: Re: Part 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:10 pm 
Wow great update.

Loved the fashion panic and sweet Willow coming to save her girl. Made my heart :love

I soooo hate the secrets. Especially with the complete trust profession. Poor Willow is going to be so hurt.

Make her tell, Make her tell!

Urn of Osiris
_________________**

"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses."
— George Washington Carver

Voice your opinion about Tara http://www.petitiononline.com/Tara/petition.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:39 pm 
:jaw

ohmigod, wow. hey blame, great. amazing. i'm definitely on the edge of my seat. i can't wait for more!

Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:08 pm 
OMG!! Now that was some update! I like how Tara was so nervous and couldn't find anything to wear at the beginning! But Willow to the rescue, she was soo cute picking out the clothes w/ her lil French accent! :D

The Bronze was great! It was actually very sweet, Anya wanting Tara to be her best friend and everything! Now Tara knows ALL bout the Riley thing maybe that will help her in a way to tell Willow about her situation.

Can't wait 4 more, BB!! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:10 pm 
three words...

More.

Now.

Please!

I HAVE to know what happens next! Argh! I'm gonna be thinking about it all day tomorw! lol

It's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on. - My mantra on a bad day.

And never let it be said that I left a Tara craving unsatisfied. - Willow in Wilderness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:28 pm 
I really hope Tara explains things to Willow before Willow finds out from someone else or by accident.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:07 pm 
Willow giving Tara fashion help?:eyebrow An ancient Chines proverb about the blind leading the blind comes to mind (only the proverb was about yaks and dancing and it used a lot more words:hmm ).

Loving this! Poor Tara.

Leave it to Anya to pick a best friend in five minutes. She obviously has good taste. >

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:58 am 
The normally calm Tara panicking about what to wear to The Bronze, the poor love.

I get paid in puppies. This seemed like a real Willowism.

Wonderful how Willow never even considered not telling Tara about Buffy being the Slayer. And her steadfast defence of that decision was just lovely!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:18 am 
Quote:
"Grrrrr!" Tara let out a frustrated growl. "That's it! I can't go! I just have to call Willow and tell her I... I... I have to study. I'm sick. I'm dead! That's it! I'll call her and tell her I'm dead!"

:rollin LMAO

Loved the W/T interaction, it was so typical of them... A bit OTT, just like we love our panic-striken Willow and insecure Tara... And we didn't even need the Fashion Police! :p

An Anya... Simply priceless!

Riley and Tara have more than just the Initiative in common... They're both lesbians! ;)

"You are Willow Rosenberg, vixen-y lighter of the flame and keeper of my heart.”

(Camp Flutie by Rane)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:23 am 
Quote:
"Okay, let's see...jeez, it looks like your closet erupted onto your bed"

LOL - That part just cracked me up :D And Willow being the one to pick out the outfit-great,(although I would probably gone with nothing :blush )

BB, you've done it again! It was worth the panties, however I'm still waiting for our girls to become even CLOSER- know what I mean?

:hmm What can I offer now?

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

Post subject: I always did wonder...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:13 am 
There were times watching the BtVS when I did consider Willow and Tara picking out their clothes using the method you suggested; minus the accent (which would have been tragic loss--it was so cute).

Now, I have a question, and I'll probably just go back and check for myself later on, but in this fic, does Maggie know that the Scoobies know about Riley and the Initiative? And Tara and Riley not knowing about one another. Hmmm. So many trust issues floating around in here! This is getting 'fun'.

Speaking of fun...there's something about the creative freedom to throw in a demon/vampire/beasty-thing that one doesn't find just anywhere...

Thanks for sharing this story!

Macky

Post subject: Re: I always did wonder...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:04 am 
Quote:
Tara dressed quickly as Willow did math problems in her head in order to distract herself.

:rollin That is soooo Willow!!!

BB, I can't wait to see what happens next! Not too much angst, OK? Just more with the touches and morning kissage. :pray

Alyson brought jelly beans as a gift for the local children, and those kids went nuts!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:15 am 
great update :) Willow distracting herself with math problems while Tara dressed was funny, as was Anya declaring Tara was her new best friend.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

2nd place??? That's just a fancy term for loser!

Just because you have coffee with someone, doesn't make you a lesbian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:56 pm 
Excellent update BB :) I loved Tara's internal struggle and Xander's throwaway line about a secret governement organization was funny. It should be very interesting to see how Tara and Riley interact and I am also looking forward to seeing how Tara's friendship goes with Anya. The part with the maths problems that Willow would be doing in her head to distract herself was perfect.

This is such an interesting story for and I am really enjoying reading it. Thank you.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

Edited by: Puff  at: 10/1/02 1:08:22 pm

Post subject: Part 10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:46 pm 
Sorry, no replies tonight. I've been working on this update for hours and I can't even see straight anymore (no pun intended).

This part got a little... well, a little deeper than I had intended. This story seems to have a way of doing that to me. It's a bit angsty, but no cliffhanger, so that's good, right?

Anyway, lest you think I've gone totally overboard, you will be happy to know there is some levity and happiness coming up very shortly, and - dare I say it - smoochies. They're so close to being "together" together, you can almost taste it. Of course, all the joy must be tempered by other nefarious goings on, but hey... without drama, comedy just wouldn't seem as funny. Likewise, without pain, pleasure wouldn't seem as sweet. IMHO.

So, now that I'm sounding like a bad TNT commercial, I am off. But, to give you a hint of what's in store in upcoming installments, I want to share with you some of the things I hope you all will get from this story (at some point - I'm not saying which things come when):

Humor

The Drama of Human Emotion

The Drama of Events

Action

Joy

Adventure

Sorrow

Suspense

Romance (and a lot of it, in various ways)

-BB

Title: The Truth of Deception - Part 10: Life In A Fishbowl

Author: blameburner

Summary: AU, baby! So you all know by now... Tara is part of the Initiative. Plenty of questions remain, however, and the answers will be revealed... eventually.

Spoiler Warning: S4. Everything up to "Hush" is canon. After that, this story veers off. There will be some similarities to S4, but definite differences. Basically, if it happened after "Hush" on the show, assume it didn't happen unless I mention it specifically.

Disclaimer: Not my characters, but oh how I wish they were! Joss, blah, blah, ME, blah, blah.

Rating: Generally R, but some NC-17 (maybe). Just be prepared.

Pairings: W/T, of course.

Angst: 7... it's still a collision course, baby! Plus Maggie's back, so you know what that means... muahaha.

Previously...

Suddenly Tara got a bad feeling. A really, really bad feeling.

Riley turned to Tara. "I'm part of a super-secret government organization," Riley said, using Xander's words, "operating here on campus to deal with the demon threat. We're called The Initiative. You've probably seen us running around campus in camouflage? We like to say we're playing paintball," he said, laughing slightly. "You know, saying it out loud, it sounds really silly."

"I know," Buffy said, laughing. Riley eyed her, and she mumbled "sorry," though she was still snickering.

Tara just stared at Riley, unblinking.

Riley. In The Initiative. Riley. Dating Buffy. Riley. Working for Maggie Walsh. And they all know. Willow knows. What in the Hell is going on here?

Part 10

Tara felt like the Bronze had suddenly started spinning around her while she was spinning just as fast in the opposite direction. What was going on? Why hadn't Maggie told her? Was Riley spying on Buffy and her friends? On Willow?

The thought of Willow and her friends being deceived by Riley angered Tara beyond measure. Tara felt betrayed, for Willow, for Willow's friends. If Riley is spying on them, I'll... I'll... Then the utter hypocrisy of the situation hit Tara full force. Tara was angry with Riley for betraying Willow and the Scoobies in exactly the same way that Tara was betraying them. The guilt she'd been carrying around on her shoulders for the last few weeks seemed infinite in that moment, nearly knocking her onto the floor with its weight.

Luckily, logic got a foothold on the mountain of Tara's anguish and started its long ascent. If Riley were spying on them, would he have revealed that he was part of the Initiative? That didn't make sense, at least not to Tara. She decided to assume that Riley was not, in fact, spying on Buffy and her friends. But that only created a whole new slew of questions.

Tara had never actually told Maggie about the Slayer or the Scoobies. She had justified the omission by telling herself that she just wanted to wait to report this information until she had actually met them. But now she wondered if Maggie already knew. Tara ran it over in her head.

Willow and Buffy are both in her Psych class, and with Maggie's interest in Willow, she would have taken notice of who her friends were. Riley's dating Buffy. Even if Riley isn't actually spying for Maggie, chances are Maggie knows who Riley's dating. Maggie always knows who her operatives are dating. But does she know Buffy's the Slayer? And if she does know, why didn't she tell me? What in the Hell kind of game is Maggie playing at?

Little facts and bits of conversation started fitting together, like pieces in a puzzle. Still, she had no idea what picture the finished puzzle would make. She needed to talk to Maggie, and soon.

"Actually," Xander interjected, trying to be helpful, "Riley being a super-secret government agent doesn't really sound any sillier than fairy tale monsters or Slayers or vampires with souls-"

"Hey, now!" Buffy said, hoping to avert that discussion for now. Riley still didn't know about Angel, and Buffy so did not want to go there. "What about giant praying mantis teachers and-"

"That was sooooo not my fault!" Xander said defensively. "And... and... at least I didn't have my vamp doppleganger running around licking my neck-"

"Now wait a minute, that wasn't my fault, either!" Willow interrupted. "It's not like I asked to have my evil, skanky self running around gathering minions... do you think I wanted to have to put on that leather outfit?!?"

"You were so unbelievable as a vampire. Very unconvincing," Anya interjected. "Vampire you? Now she had style! You? You wear sweaters that look like a Muppet puked Pepto Bismol"

"Hey, hey, hey! Let's not forget who's fault that whole vamp me thing was!" Willow shouted, pointing at Anya.

"Well if you had just done the spell properly and gotten my necklace back-"

"Yeah, like I was going to let you wreak havoc with alternate dimensions again," Willow said, rolling her eyes.

"Wait a second," Tara said, finally focusing on the conversation at hand. She looked at Willow and raised an eyebrow. "Leather?"

Willow blushed and fidgeted on her stool. "Uh... yeah?"

"Really?" Tara asked, trying very hard not to drool. Willow. Leather. Willow wearing leather. Homina-homina-beep-beep!

"Yeah," Willow said again, smiling shyly. A chill ran down her spine as she caught a wicked glint in Tara's eyes. Oh boy... Willow thought, swallowing hard.

None of this got by Anya. She studied her new best friend and the redhead carefully, and she wondered... Yes, she would definitely have to have a little chat with the blonde later. They would have a slumber party! Yes, that was it. Tara would spend the night at Anya's, and they would watch movies, eat popcorn, discuss fashion - though Anya realized it would be more of a classroom lecture, with Anya as the professor - and Anya would find out just how far Tara and Willow's obvious attraction to each other went. I wonder if they're having orgasms yet?

"Let's face it," Buffy said dryly, "none of us has an exclusive ticket on the 'What Was I Thinking' Express."

Everyone nodded, even Riley.

"And what exactly are you nodding about, Sergeant Pepper?" Buffy asked her boyfriend.

"I really have no idea," Riley said, still nodding. "Nodding just seemed like a good idea, because I have no clue what you all are talking about."

Everyone burst out laughing.

"Come on," Buffy said to Riley, tugging on his sleeve. "Let's put those commando skills to a real test. Dance with me?"

"I gladly head towards danger," Riley said, hopping off his stool and following Buffy out onto the dance floor.

"Ouch!" Xander yelled, rubbing his arm where Anya had just hit him. "Now what did I do?"

"Why don't you ever say gallant things like Riley?" Anya complained.

"Huh?" Xander said. "You think what Riley said was... gallant?"

"Of course it was!" Anya said, offering no other explanation.

Xander looked to Willow for help, but she just shrugged. The redhead turned to Tara, who was just as confused.

"Um... okay?" Xander said, standing up. He cleared his throat. "Anya, I would like to risk great bodily harm, including the possible loss of important appendages, by dancing with you?"

Willow and Tara shared a look and waited.

"Oh, Xander!" Anya squealed, practically jumping into the construction worker's arms. "You say the sweetest things!"

With that, Anya ran out onto the dance floor with Xander in tow. Willow shook her head.

"I really just don't get it," said the redhead flatly.

"Get what?" Tara asked, watching Anya bouncing around on the dance floor as Xander just stood there beaming at his girlfriend.

"Any of it," Willow said, now watching the couple as well, though she couldn't help but smile just a little at the total look of adoration on Xander's face.

"Maybe you don't have to get it, Willow," Tara said softly. "Maybe it just is what it is."

Willow turned to look at Tara. She studied her friend's profile as Tara kept her eyes trained on Willow's friends, a sad smile gracing her lips.

"Look at them," Tara said without shifting her gaze. Willow did as Tara asked, and both women watched Xander and Anya out on the dance floor. "They're just two people who, for whatever reason, found each other. They have a connection, even if it's one nobody else understands, and that connection makes them happy. Does it matter that you don't understand it? Does it even matter if they don't understand it themselves?"

"No, it really doesn't," Willow said quietly, turning her gaze back towards Tara, only to find the blonde looking back at her intently. Willow felt the conversation shift, and she wondered if they were still talking about Xander and Anya at all.

"Sometimes it just is what it is, Willow," Tara said, looking deeply into the redhead's eyes, sadness giving way to something far different. "You might not know how it happened, and you might not ever be able to explain why, but it's there all the same. You can't change it or fix it or make it go away because it's there, real and consuming and wonderfully, frighteningly demanding, and it makes you feel alive... and the only choice you have is to either pretend it doesn't exist, or to embrace it."

Tara hadn't meant to go there. She hadn't meant to say the things that had been lurking around in her mind for weeks. In fact, only a few minutes earlier, she was prepared to tell Willow everything about her and The Initiative and her deception and Maggie Walsh, even knowing that it would mean losing Willow. It left her feeling hollow and broken, but she needed to tell the truth. Willow deserved nothing less than everything, which meant telling the truth.

Yes, just a few minutes earlier, Tara had been resigned to her fate - a fate without Willow, trapped in a world of her own making, where Tara could lie and had lied to the person who meant more to her than anything or anyone else in her life. She had been resigned to it... and yet now here she was fighting it.

She had been watching Anya and Xander, watching their very strange yet wondrous relationship, and it had sparked something within her. They were happy and dammit, she wanted to be happy, too. She deserved to be happy, for once in her life, really and truly happy. And Willow, sweet Willow, deserved that same happiness. Tara and Willow deserved to be happy, together.

It made no sense, and yet, it made complete sense. She and Willow were not a couple - Tara knew that. They had never even talked about it. Tara was gay, and Willow... well, Willow had always dated men. Still, Tara knew, as she had known all along but had not allowed herself to admit, that Willow was attracted to her. They had a connection. Tara felt it like she felt her own heart beating in her chest, the certainty of this truth beating underneath her breast in time with her own heart.

All these weeks, Tara had made every excuse imaginable to distract herself from the truth. She had told herself that she wasn't good enough, that Willow was straight, that someone as wonderful as Willow could never want someone like Tara. She had told herself that it was impossible, that she had a job to do and that her duty did not allow for her to fall in love with Willow, or for Willow to fall in love with her. She had told herself that she had lied to Willow, and that because of that deception, they could never be together.

And yet... here she was, and here Willow was, and here they were. When she looked into Willow's eyes, there was only the truth between them. All this time, Tara had been deceiving Willow, but more importantly, Tara had been deceiving herself. For the truth of Tara's deception was that she had fallen in love with Willow. There was no greater truth than that.

The strength of that truth lit a fire inside of Tara, one she had not felt in a long, long time. It was the fire of hope, and with each passing second it burned hotter, brighter, and more fiercely than the icy winds of her deception could ever hope to extinguish. And that gave her courage. And strength. It gave her a cause worth fighting for and a weapon to fight with.

She looked into Willow's green depths and saw her future. She didn't know exactly how Willow felt about her, but she knew it was something, and she knew that each day it grew stronger. It would have to be Willow's decision, but Tara knew with perfect certainty that eventually it was a decision Willow would make. She knew it as certainly as if the Goddess had whispered it in her ear. And however long it took, she would wait. She would not push or tell Willow of her love until the redhead was ready. Tara would wait for Willow forever, if that's what it took.

She knew, too, that she had to tell Willow everything. But, whereas a short time ago Tara was resigned to the fact that the truth would mean the end, she now knew that the truth was only the beginning. Willow would feel hurt and betrayed, and Tara would give the redhead all the time and space she needed, but Tara would not give up. She would not let go. She would stay and fight for her future - their future - because Tara now knew she and Willow belonged together.

There was only one thing Tara had to do before she told Willow the truth about The Initiative. Yes, tonight Tara would go see Maggie Walsh, find out what was going on, and then she would tell her that it was over. Tara would not spy on Willow Rosenberg anymore, consequences be damned.

Willow watched a thousand thoughts flash across Tara's face even as the blonde continued to look into the redhead's eyes. She didn't know what Tara was thinking, but she knew it was... something. Something profound and important. Something... powerful.

"You okay?" Willow asked, reaching out and placing her hand on top of Tara's. No, she didn't know what the blonde was thinking, but she knew that whatever it was, it was not easy for Tara. And somehow, too, Willow knew it involved her.

"Actually, no," Tara said, "but I will be." She gave turned her hand over and interlaced her fingers with Willow's, giving them a squeeze. And she smiled.

Willow simply nodded, knowing that Tara would tell her what was going on in her own time. Willow would wait as long as it took. Forever, if need be.

"Come in," Maggie Walsh called out to the secret door. She found it odd that Tara always insisted on knocking on the secret door before entering Walsh's office, considering the fact that the only person who used the door was Tara. Plus, there was a camera on the other side which allowed Tara to see into Walsh's office before entering so that Tara knew that there was no one else in the office and that it was safe to enter.

Tara opened the door and entered, stepping around to the front of Walsh's desk and standing at attention.

"I'm glad you came by," Walsh said, setting down her paperwork and giving Tara her full attention. "I needed to speak to you about something."

"I need to speak to you, too," Tara said.

"Really? Do tell," Walsh said.

"Is Riley Finn an agent?" Tara asked brusquely.

Walsh cocked her head, a little disturbed at Tara's tone. Yet she decided to play along.

"Yes, he is," Walsh said. "How did you know?"

"I met him tonight," Tara said, "along with some of Willow's friends."

Ahhh... Tara finally met the infamous Scoobies, Walsh thought. Now we'll see where her loyalties lie. Walsh peered at Tara intently, wondering how much Tara knew about Willow's friends - and for how long she had known it.

"Go on," Walsh said, feigning innocence. Tara, however, wasn't falling for it. She wanted to question Walsh point blank, but something inside her head stopped her.

"Willow's friends know he's part of The Initiative," Tara said, choosing her words carefully. She had no desire to get Riley into trouble with Walsh, but there was no way of hiding the fact that Riley had revealed his identity.

"Really," was all Walsh said. Walsh was playing things very close to the vest, waiting to see who would blink first - her or Tara.

Warning bells were going off in Tara's mind. She had expected Walsh to react either with anger that Riley's cover was blown - even if he wasn't spying on the Scoobies, he was still part of a super-secret government organization - or to readily admit that the Scoobies knew about him. She had not expected Walsh's neutral reaction. It was quickly becoming clear to Tara that she was being tested.

"Yes," Tara said, trying very hard to ease up her tone of voice and seem neutral. "It... surprised me."

"What surprised you?" Walsh asked carefully.

"It surprised me that one of our agents would reveal such information," was all Tara said. They continued to tip-toe around each other.

"Yes, I can see how that might surprise you," Walsh said. Then she made her move. "What if I told you that Agent Finn was spying on Willow?"

Tara didn't even blink. "I'm not sure I would understand the point of having two people spying on the witch," Tara said with as much detachment as she could muster. "Is he spying on Willow?"

"No," Walsh said matter-of-factly. "Actually he's not spying on anyone."

Tara was relieved, though she didn't show it. She knew Walsh was playing games with her, and it was entirely possible that Walsh was lying. Still, Tara believed Walsh was telling the truth that Riley was not spying.

"Okay," Tara said, waiting for Walsh to continue, knowing what was coming next. Tara had to make a split-second decision - admit that she had known about the Slayer and her friends for weeks, or pretend that she didn't know a thing.

"How much do you know about Willow's friends?" Walsh asked, again looking for some sign that Tara was covering. She found none.

"Not too much," Tara said, her decision made. "I know that there's a girl names Buffy Summers, and that she's some kind of vampire slayer. She thinks she has a destiny or something. She and Willow have been best friends since high school, and while in high school the two of them plus a boy named Xander had some kind of club where they killed demons. They called themselves the Scoobies."

Walsh eyed Tara carefully. "Why didn't you mention any of this in your reports?"

Again, Tara stayed calm, but she added a certain amount of disdain to her voice. "Truthfully, I didn't think much of it. Willow has a bit of hero worship towards Buffy. I thought it was just a bunch of high school kids playing around with things they had no business being involved in, especially considering I had never met any of these people before tonight."

Walsh noticed the shift in Tara's tone. It was almost as if Tara were... jealous.

"So you don't think there's anything to this Slayer business?" Walsh probed.

"No, not really," Tara said. "Personally I think Buffy just has a big ego and this is a way for her to seem superior and keep her friends kissing the ground she walks on."

Walsh smiled internally. It was obvious Tara had taken a disliking to Buffy, and Walsh thought she might know why. She was very pleased with the way this was going. She felt comfortable in revealing the truth about Buffy.

"Actually, it is true. Buffy Summers does have a destiny. She is the Slayer," Walsh said.

Tara looked shocked. "Really?"

Walsh nodded. "And actually, she's working for us."

Tara was truly shocked this time. She had no idea. Willow hadn't said anything.

Walsh proceeded to explain how Riley and Buffy had found out about each other the night the Gentlemen were defeated, and about how she had decided to allow the Slayer into the fold.

"You can see the threat she might represent," Walsh said convincingly. "Therefore, better to utilize her power and skills from within, than to let her run amok and undermine our mission."

"Certainly," Tara nodded her assent.

"So," Walsh shifted the conversation back to Willow, "what about Willow?"

"Well, I still haven't seen any real hint of power beyond that first night in the laundry room," Tara said, putting everything she had into her performance. She didn't know what Walsh was up to, but she didn't like it one bit.

It was obvious Walsh had become somewhat suspicious of her relationship with Willow, and she knew instinctively that the only way to soothe Walsh's fears was to pretend to start to distance herself from Willow. So Tara was planting tiny cracks in the story of her and Willow's relationship, ones that Walsh could sick her claws into.

"Truthfully, she's more interested in floating pencils and doing glamours than anything really substantive," Tara said a little harshly. "I'm beginning to think that the night in the laundry room was just a fluke."

"Tara," Walsh said with a false sincerity, "are you okay? I know you thought that you and Willow had a kind of... connection, in the beginning. Now you seem... a little bitter. Has something happened?"

Tara let her shoulders slump a bit, looking slightly defeated. "I don't know, Maggie. I have to be honest with you. In the beginning I... I kind of... well, I had a bit of a crush," Tara said apologetically.

Walsh smiled. "I know you did," she said soothingly. "It's okay, Tara."

Tara smiled gratefully. "But now... I don't know. Willow's... different. Unfocused. She's really not even all that interested in magic anymore. All she talks about is..."

"Buffy?" Walsh supplied after Tara trailed off. Tara nodded, looking slightly heartbroken.

Walsh nodded sympathetically, but inside she was doing her own, personal Happy Dance. It was obvious that Willow was more interested in Buffy than in developing a relationship with Tara, which pleased Walsh, for it meant that Tara's unrequited affection for the redhead was leaving Tara vulnerable - and when Tara felt vulnerable, she turned to Walsh's leadership and counsel. And that... that meant that Tara's loyalties were to Walsh, and Walsh alone.

"Well, I'm sorry, Tara, but maybe it's for the best," Walsh suggested. "After all, Willow might be dangerous-"

"Actually, I really don't think she is," Tara said, cringing as her need to defend Willow made her interrupt Walsh. She only hoped Walsh had bought enough of her act not to really notice the interruption. "Of course, I can't be sure of that."

"Tara, if it will be too hard for you to continue to be around Willow, I can send in someone else to investigate," Walsh offered. After all, she really did like Tara and didn't want to see her hurt any more than absolutely necessary.

"No, that's okay," Tara said, sighing heavily. "I'll continue the mission. I've already developed a relationship with her, and it only makes sense that I should continue."

Walsh nodded in agreement. "Fine. We'll refrain from telling Riley. I trust him a great deal, but he is dating the Slayer, and I'm not sure exactly how he would react to the news that his girlfriend's best friend was being lied to."

Tara cringed inwardly at Walsh's words, but showed no outward sign. She simply nodded and said goodnight, exiting the office through the secret door. She made her way through the passageway, having to forcibly stop herself from breaking into a run. She was desperate to get away from Maggie Walsh and The Initiative.

She exited the underground bunker through a secret tunnel that let out in the woods. As soon as she cleared the doorway, she broke out into a run. She ran away from campus, away from all the questions and fear and doubt and deception. Away form the lies. So many lies.

After about a half a mile she stopped, breathing hard as she had basically been running full-out the whole time. She doubled over and rested her hands on her knees, the only sound her own labored breathing and frogs off in the distance. The frogs, of course, made her think of Willow.

They had stayed until nearly eleven o'clock, just talking and dancing and laughing. It had been a wonderful night, and Tara had nearly been able to forget about Riley and The Initiative and her plans to go see Walsh. She had allowed herself to simply enjoy the company of Willow and her friends, and it had been wonderful.

Finally, Xander had said he had to work early the next morning, and Willow and Buffy both had early classes, so they had all made their goodnights. Buffy, Tara, Willow, and Riley had walked back to campus together, with Willow and Tara holding hands the entire way. It had been Heaven, and neither Buffy or Riley had thought anything of it.

Eventually they had parted, with Willow bidding Tara goodnight on the path leading up to Stevenson. Tara had watched Willow, Buffy, and Riley walk away, and as soon as they were out of sight, Tara had made her way to the secret entrance in the woods.

Finally having caught her breath, Tara straightened and started to walk back to campus. She thought about what had just transpired with Walsh, and about the lies she had told. Yet somehow these lies felt different. She thought it strange, and yet it felt right, just the same. Tara had always been able to trust her gut, and right now her gut was screaming at her that there was something going on, something that was not good.

Tara's need to tell Willow the truth had flown right out the window. Now Tara needed to keep Willow safe, and that trumped anything and everything else. She had known Walsh for years, and found it hard to believe that Walsh's intention could ever be to harm Willow. Yet it was obvious that Walsh was playing at something, and Tara didn't like it. So until Tara could ensure that Walsh was no threat to Willow, she would continue the deception with Willow, and with Walsh. Consequences be damned.

TBC with Part 11: Wild and Crazy

"I feel like someone ran me down with a car, and then got out to give me a really great pair of shoes." - sassyeggsglobal

Post subject: Re: Part 10
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:15 am 
WOW. Tara is putting up a good front. I hope things do not backfire on her. Walsch has a tendency to spy,*shudder* and she knows more than she is letting on.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:38 am 
Gotta say I like "Poker World Champion" Tara...

Fair play to her...

Maggie Walsh can be quite intimidating and she kept her cool... :cool

Great update!

We want more! :bounce

"You are Willow Rosenberg, vixen-y lighter of the flame and keeper of my heart.”

(Camp Flutie by Rane)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:11 am 
Excellent update. I like that Tara is starting to distrust Maggie. I don't know if it's a good idea for Tara not to tell Willow everything but I guess I have to trust her judgment about this. Tara, after all, is a very levelheaded woman and I presume she knows what she is doing.

I love this story so far and having Tara as an Initiative agent is so cool. Can't wait for the next update. :bounce

Ron :grin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:27 am 
Quote:
...Tara knew, as she had known all along but had not allowed herself to admit, that Willow was attracted to her. They had a connection. Tara felt it like she felt her own heart beating in her chest, the certainty of this truth beating underneath her breast in time with her own heart.

Wow, that was so beautifully written. Argh, I see what you meant about the angst. I'm glad that Tara was able to work out Walsh's intentions and manipulate things, even if it meant badmouthing Willow to make a point.

I'm worried about her decision to protect Willow, rather than tell her the truth. I can tell we're leading up to a very angsty, climatic scene.

Excellent update, I hope we get 'Wild and Crazy' soon. Sounds fun... :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:47 am 
Tara realising that the real deception was her denying the connection between her and Willow. Wonderful.

The exchange between Walsh and Tara was really interesting. Both trying to figure out exactly how much the other knew. I love how Tara trusts her instincts, deliberately lying to Maggie to safeguard Willow.

Great update. Thanks.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:13 am 
BB;

My you have been a busy thing... :D

This update was so good at dealing with Tara's thoughts and inner turmoil, and the realization of her true inner feelings! I loved it.

Now, we must discuss the impending smoochies....Anything in particular you desire? :grin

Will try to wait patiently :whistle

BV

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next