The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW FIC!!! - AU - "Timeless"
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I am happy to see that you are updating this story regularly. I was sad when there hadn't been any updates for a while. I am interested to see if Tara will be able to go back with Willow and if Maggie is staying behind.

Keep updating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awesome update. The story is intense and it is wonderful to see things coming together and watching these characters get closer to finding a solution to their problems.

Post subject: Upcoming Updates...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the updates! I will try to post another one on each fic this weekend. I'm in the process of trying to complete the prequel to my first book - as I have a publisher interested in the entire series! YEAH! The first book , "Visions", a murder/mystery/thriller with lesbian main characters (of course!) is already on the shelf...but if this publisher wants the entire series - I'll be switching to them. So wish me luck! I'm also working on the scripts simultaneously.

So hang in there - I promise I'll keep up with TIMELESS and MY FIRST, as well!

Thanks so much for your great feedback - it's really appreciated!!!!

Take care,

Cin aka FIRESIGN :pride
http://www.zastrowvisions.com

Post subject: TIMELESS CHAPTER 75 IS NOW UP!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:30 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE

“Another kind?” Willow said, surprised by what Tara was saying.

“Y-yes…it’s difficult though…and d-dangerous. You have to have direct contact with the t-target.”

“Oh, no! Uh-uh.” Willow said, shaking her head. “You are not going to even think about getting that close to this…this demi-god thing! You can teach me…or Maggie…or Logan…but you will NOT…and let me repeat that in no uncertain terms…you will NOT be anywhere near Kaliphicus!”

“Will…we don’t have time…” Tara began, only to be interrupted by a very upset red-head.

Willow pulled away from Tara, standing up abruptly.

“No! I absolutely will not have it! There has got to be another way! We time traveled…Maggie, Logan…me…we’ve got all of the time in the world! We’ll just go back through the portal…then come back to an earlier time…it’ll work! We just have to…”

Tara stood up, reaching her hand towards her wife’s, trying to comfort her. She knew that Willow’s mind would be realing, reasoning out scenarios of alternative ideas…and she was right.

“Tara is right, Willow…we don’t have the time…and to go through the portal that many times so closely would be extremely dangerous.”

“I don’t care!” Willow said, her emotions running wild. She walked over to the counter, grabbing her cloak before heading to the door.

“Willow…wait!” Tara said, hurrying to her side. “Where are you g-going?”
Willow turned to her wife with a look of resolve.

“There’s gotta be another way…and I know where I can find it…” Willow said, heading out of the doorway.

“N-no!” Tara said, reaching out to grab her wrist, trying to hold her back.

But Willow was too fast. She sprinted off, disappearing into the woods…

Meanwhile…

“When you say price…how much are we talking here…thousands? Millions? Exactly how much are you worth, Giles?” Anya asked, obsessed at the mention of prices…which of course was directly related to her favorite topic, money.

“Not that kind of price, I’m afraid.” Said the Watcher. “No amount of money could equal what I lost that night…she was the love of my life.”

“Whoa…” Xander said, somewhat overwhelmed by what Giles had just said. He had never really pictured the Watcher having that type of relationship with someone…actually being in love with someone.

“Um…yes.” Giles said, removing his glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose, squinting slightly as he did so. His head was still pounding a bit. “I was actually about your age when it happened, Xander. At any rate…after that night, a few of the blokes that I had brushed off before, for some reason, came to my rescue. They nursed me through the withdrawl symptoms…got me on the right path. One of them, Quentin Travers, said that he was studying to be a Watcher…and thought that the discipline would help to keep me away from the dark magicks…”

“Travers? That asshole from the Council?” Faith said, not believing what she was hearing. Travers had been instrumental in arranging her capture and imprisonment. Although Faith was grateful for what she had learned while behind bars, it still pained her to have lost her freedom in the first place.

“One and the same. I’m not saying that I have always agreed with everything that Quentin has done while in his office, but he did right by me back then…and I owe him a debt of gratitude.”

“So are you going to tell us about this woman’s name…I mean…she was the love of your life…you can’t just tell a story like that and not tell us more about her!” Anya said, with her usual lack of tact.

“An! Honey…remember? Not a vengeance demon anymore…no rubbing salt in open wounds.” Xander said, somewhat embarrased by his girlfriend’s comments.

“No…that’s alright…” Giles said. “Her name was Emily…Emily Travers.”

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
12. Recently Gay

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!
Dude, you rock at the hole cliffhanger thing!
Really good updates!
Can't wait till the nevt one!!!!!
BRAVO!!!!!!!

Xx Rachel xX

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:53 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness.... I hope Willow very soon learns that rushing to battle without plan and backup leads to injured or dead Scoobies...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

ok you so can not leave me hanging damn that was intense I am hanging by a thread here but you know that don't you my friend more, more, more :kdevil

Post subject: TIMELESS - CHAPTER 76 - IS NOW UP!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

“There’s gotta be another way…and I know where I can find it…” Willow said, heading out of the doorway.

“N-no!” Tara said, reaching out to grab her wrist, trying to hold her back.
But Willow was too fast. She sprinted off, disappearing into the woods…

She ran as fast and as far as her legs would carry her – paying no attention to the branches slapping and scratching her. Her lungs felt as if they were going to explode, and she stopped momentarily, bending over and placing her hands on her knees, attempting to catch her breath. Slowly, the burning in her lungs eased. As she stood upright, she realized where she was…it was the springs…their hot springs.

Meanwhile, back at the cabin, Tara was a crumpled mass – sobbing uncontrollably. Maggie rushed to her side and cradled her, stroking her hair lovingly as a mother would a child.

“Shhh…it will be alright, child.” She whispered as she held her close.

She cast a glance toward Logan, who was standing there, watching – not sure what to do next. Maggie motioned for her to follow Willow.

Logan was the perfect combination of Willow and Tara’s genetics. She had acquired much of Willow’s stature and most certainly, her cognitive abilities – but had Tara’s demeanor and athletic ability. She wasted no time in running after her red-headed ancestor, and in a matter of moments, came upon her at the springs.

Willow was snapped out of her daze by the sounds of someone approaching. She turned and prepared to cast, but lowered her hands when she saw Logan step out from behind the trees.

“What are you doing here?” Willow asked, returning her gaze to the springs.

“Gran sent me.” She said, crossing over to Willow’s side. “Do you know what you’re doing to Tara? She’s back there crying her eyes out.” Logan said, obviously miffed at Willow.

“I can’t let her put herself or our baby in danger. There’s other ways to do this…easier ways that don’t involve having her anywhere near him…near Kaliphicus.” Willow said, maintaining her gaze.

“You know, I don’t mean to hurt your feelings or anything…but have you learned anything at all from what happened in the past? You go down that road again and you’re going to lose everything…including Tara and the baby. Not to mention, you’re putting me and Gran and everybody else in the family in jeopardy. Your little short cuts? That’s what made some of the people in our family have problems with the dark magicks.”

“Now just wait a frilly-second here!” Willow said, her temper rising at the girl.

“No! You need to hear this! You say you love Tara more than anything…but yet you’re doing the one thing that she begged you not to do! Doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

The girl was right, and Willow knew it. She had hurt Tara yet again…had almost broken her promise to her.

“You’re right…” she began, only to be interrupted by a disturbing, yet familiar voice.

“Well…well…well…what have we here? Two tarts for the price of one! Looking for me, little one?” Duncan said, looking to Willow.

“Logan, run!” Willow yelled, as she raised her hands and began to chant. But the young woman did not, and chose instead to stand her ground. She grabbed Willow’s hand in her own. As their hands made contact, a rush of energy flowed through the both of them and the two, together, continued the chant.

“I bind you three times three. No more destruction wilt thou do to me. Around I bind you three times three, and if these things continue to be, then back upon you three times three, till totally vanquished you shall be. By the powers of three times three. By Earth and Fire, Air and Sea, I fix this spell, then set it free. ‘Twil give no harm to mine or me, as so I will, so mote it be!”

Just as they finished the chant, the vines from the trees surrounding Duncan came to life, snaking their way around the Warlock, pinning him in place. Knowing that the binding spell, although powerful, would not hold Duncan indefinitely, Willow spun on her heel, still holding Logan’s hand in hers, and ran back towards the cabin. Within moments, the small stone house was in site. Maggie and Tara were still outside.

Willow ran to Tara, taking her hand and pulling her into her arms.

“Come on…we’ve got to get into the house…quick!” She said, pulling Tara towards the doorway.

Logan helped her grandmother to her feet, leading her inside. She picked up the board lying next to the door, sliding it into the stays, locking the door in place.

“W-what’s going on?” Tara said, seeing the fear in her love’s eyes.

“Duncan…at the springs…we bound him…won’t last for long…” Willow said, trying to catch her breath.

“Are you a-alright?” Tara asked, running her hands over Willow’s body, checking for wounds. “Did he h-hurt you?”

“No…I’m fine…we’re fine…and I’m so sorry, baby…I don’t know what I was thinking…obviously, I wasn’t…I…” Willow was caught mid-babble by Tara’s lips on hers.

“Hate to interrupt you two…but hey, big-bad warlock heading this way…” Logan reminded the couple.

“Right…protection spell…” Willow started, only to be interrupted by Maggie.

“No, we need to finish him here and now.”

“With what? No disrespect, Gran, but we’re talking some major dark mojo here!” Logan said.

Tara mused at how much Logan could sound like Willow at times.

“Elemental banishing spell...Tara…do you have the components?” Maggie asked.

“Y-yes…but I d-don’t think that it is going to be p-powerful enough.”

“It wouldn’t be coming from just one of you…but with the four of us…it should, at the very least, leave a very bad taste in that bastard’s mouth!”
Maggie said, with a wink.

Meanwhile, back at the springs, Duncan was mumbling under his breath, finally wiggling loose from the binding spell that had been placed on him moments earlier.

“Those bitches don’t know who they’re dealing with!” He said, running down the path towards the cabin, his black eyes glazed over with fury.

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Good that Logan very clearly said to Willow that her "shortcut's" are the source of the family's dark magic addiction problem... I hope Willow really listened her... I really hope that they make Duncan go boom very soon...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:43 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Boy she really gave it to Willow and I am glad she did someone needed to. Willow needs to get her head together and fast trouble is a coming loveing the story keep it up I am also hoping you will come to Texas for your book my friend. Dia :peace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:27 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the updates! Thanks so much for your feedback - it definitely encourages me to write more! Keep tuning in - I hope to have updates posted this week to both TIMELESS and MY FIRST. Just playing catch up after my appearance at the Thriller! Chiller! Film Festival - but I promise - I will keep up with these fics!

Take care and thanks for hanging in there with me!

-Cin aka FIRESIGN :pride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

I'm so glad that there are regular updates now. I really enjoy this fic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm 
5. Willowhand

Thanks for all of the great comments, everybody! I really appreciate it - and it encourages me to write more! I'm hoping to have updates to both of my fics up this weekend for you all (TIMELESS and MY FIRST).

Take care and Happy Holidays to you all!

-Cin aka FIRESIGN :pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awesome fic! I've just found this fic and you've managed to capture the characters so well that it actually feels like I'm watching an episode (a really long episode). Please keep the updates coming! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

update , please..?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey Everybody!

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately...I've been on the road a lot for my job with the govt. I will try to post an update on Timeless in the next couple of days. I just got to my hotel room in Houghton, MI (in the Upper Peninsula) - after 12 hours of driving through the friggin' Twilight Zone (driving through the hills/mtns. in the dark - with snow falling at the rate of 5" per hour...and a nice 15-20mph wind coming off Lake Superior)...not good - brain's kinda fried...but I promise...soon!

Thanks for hanging in there!

BTW - I'll be speaking in Philadelphia, PA at the Project Twenty1 Film Festival in Oct. 2009. If any kittens are in the area - I'd love to see you!

Take care and have a good night!

CZ aka FIRESIGN :brr

Post subject: TIMELESS - CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN IS NOW UP!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:04 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

“Okay...so I take it she was related Mr. Creepy Council-man?” Xander asked.

“She was his sister…his younger sister. She was a beautiful girl…and had immense power in her own right…but very pure, light-based magicks…naturally gifted. I had taken a shine to her the moment I saw her.” The Watcher said, smiling at the thought of the petite blonde stepping off the train at the station that day. She was absolutely stunning…her blonde hair framing her perfect porcelain face…so fragile looking, yet she exhuded an internal strength and power that he found absolutely intoxicating.

“So she was a witch?” Faith asked.

“Well…she hadn’t passed her level examinations yet…but yes. She was very talented…so full of life…so giving…” Giles said, getting caught up in the memories of his lost love.

“Giving, eh? So that’s why you liked her!” Xander said, teasingly…immediately recoiling as he realized he was on the receiving end of a number of irritated stares from Buffy, Faith, and even Anya.

“Sorry.” Xander said, sheepishly. “My bad.”

“What happened? What did you do to her?!” Anya asked.

“Take it down a notch, demon-girl.” Faith warned.

“Are you sure you want to get into this?” Buffy asked, looking to her mentor. She could only imagine how painful rehashing this part of his past was for the Watcher.

“Frankly…no. But I think that, considering what we’ve been dabbling into tonight…perhaps it needs to be said.” Giles said, taking a moment to compose himself. “As I said, we had gotten a bit too big for our britches…and got lured in by what the dark magicks had to offer. But once you’ve tasted it…it’s never enough…you want more and more power. It got to a point where there was no more…and that’s when I found that I could use what dark magicks I had as a tool by which I could pull power from other sources…including people.”

“…including Emily Traverse.” Xander said, solemnly…finally starting to realize the depth of what Giles was telling them.

“Unfortunately, yes. She and I had become close before I ever started dabbling with the dark-side. She was the first to notice the signs that I was into something that I shouldn’t be…she warned me…but I didn’t listen. She begged me to stop…but I was young and foolish…I told her that I was in control…that it was no big thing and I could quit any time I wanted to…” Giles said, getting angry with himself remembering. “I was such a damned fool! The night it happened, Emily and I had fought earlier…and I had stomped off and met my chum. We were going to get our fix for the night. I had just taken my first hit when she showed up…the rush left me wanting more…but there was no more…and then I saw her.” He paused, closing his eyes and sighing in disgust with himself. “I knew it was her…but I didn’t care…all I wanted was that same feeling that I had experienced the first time I had used the dark magicks the first time…that immense power…but it wasn’t there anymore. In it’s place was an itch…way down in my black-pit-of-a-soul…slowly driving me mad…and the only way to stop it was do get more power…and the only way to get that power was to take hers…and so I did.” He said plainly.
No one spoke a word, listening intently on the Watcher’s every word.
“I could see the hurt in her eyes…not that she was having her life-force drained from her soul…but that it was me who was doing it. I knew what I was doing…but I couldn’t stop myself. I watched her blue eyes roll back into her head as her very last breath passed her now ashen lips. I’ve no recollection of what happened for the next few hours, but when I awoke from my stupor, her wracked body laid in a crumpled heap.”

“Geezus.” Xander said under his breath.

“Some of the chaps that I had hassled previously found us. After attending to Emily, they nursed me through the withdrawl. Once past the hallucinatory stages, Quentin came to my bedside. He knew what I had done to his sister, and I fully expected him to kill me right there, but he didn’t. He told me that Emily had loved me more than life itself, and that was why he was going to help me…because that was what she would have wanted. He took me to the council and pleaded with them to allow me to be entered into the Watcher program…it saved my life…they saved my life.”

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Sweet! I love updates!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

LOVING THE UPDATES, more soon please. PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Thank you for updating ... but can I have some more please!! :p

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 am 
23. Volumey Text

What's the Project Twenty1 Film Festival about?
Great update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Nice to see some of Giles' bad boy years...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

aw man, i just started reading this fic, and I love it! Sad to see I have to wait patiently for another update :/ ... ill try my best to be patient, but I love this story :)

:pride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey all -

The Project Twenty1 Film Festival is a rather large film festival that is held in Philadelphia every year. It is unique in that the films that are in competition there are films that are produced within 21 days - and they must be based in some way on a "secret component" that is disclosed 21 days before the festival itself. If you'd like to know more about it - check out their website at http://www.projecttwenty1.com

I'll be speaking on Forensic Realism in Film. Hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Very nice update. I really enjoyed how you wrote about Giles darker days and how he is sharing his past with the gang.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

Im loving this Fic! Ive just read from start to current chapter, i really hope u carry this on to the end, im loving the whole faith and buffy story too :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

I haven't forgotten you all! Just been extremely busy with work. I promise I will post again soon. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Take care -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next