The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

cripes.. i thought that there finally was an update..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i wish there was soon. great story. just found it again.

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC!!! - AU - "Timeless"
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
AH! UPDATE PLEASE! this is amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Please update! I finally got this far and it ends with Giles having a meltdownish thing! *totally begs like a lunatic*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:10 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

WoW...it's great.........Please Update.... :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

:pride

Hello Everybody!

I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I've done any updating! I will try to post something soon - I promise! I spend most of my time on the road for my "day job" (I work for the govt.) - and the rest of my time working on my new books...but I will try to give you all something to read soon! Thanks for hanging in there!

-C.Z. "FIRESIGN"

http://www.zastrowvisions.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I will wait as long as it takes I love these storys!!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

FIRESIGN

you really make my day :pinky :pinky

:kgeek RC

Post subject: UPDATE - TIMELESS - CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:17 pm 
5. Willowhand

“Let the powers of the darkness of midnight shroud us in protection.”

Giles paused, panting heavily, his eyes now closed…

“Giles! Stop!” Buffy said, lunging forward, only to be held back by Faith.

“B, no! You’ve got to let them finish!”

Suddenly, the Watcher’s eyes quickly opened, revealing not the dark brown, fatherly eyes that they were all so accustomed to…but rather two black orbs where they had once been…

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

“LET THE POWERS OF DARKNESS OF MIDNIGHT SHROUD US IN PROTECTION!” yelled the man, and for that instant, Giles ceased to exist – and ‘Ripper’ the took over. Beads of perspiration gathered on his brow and a hellish grin spread across his face as he started to laugh demoniacally.

Buffy struggled against Faith’s grip “Let me go! Can’t you see what it’s doing to him?!!!” She said, frantically.

“Just one more…together…and then it’s done…hang in there G-man…” Faith said, watching, hoping that the Watcher would be able to follow through.

The Ripper’s breathing rate increased as if he was struggling with some adversarial force – fighting for his right to exist.

“Please, Giles…I need you…we all need you…” Buffy pleaded.

With one final gasp, Anya and Giles completed the incantation together.

“LET THE POWERS OF DARKNESS OF MIDNIGHT SHROUD US IN PROTECTION! SO LET IT BE!”

A flash of light threw the former vengeance demon and the Watcher across the room, slamming them into the wall, they slid down into crumpled heaps.

Xander rushed to Anya’s side, while Faith finally released Buffy, who immediately ran to Giles.

“An? An, honey? Are you okay?” Xander said, gently holding her small face in his hands. Slowly, she started coming to.

“Did we do it?” She asked groggily.

“You did great, baby! You completed the spell!” Xander said, excitedly as he took Anya into his arms, slowly helping her to her feet.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Buffy kneeled on the floor in front of a still unconscious Giles.

“Giles?” She said, shaking him slightly to try to bring him around. “Giles? Are you there?” Still no response. Then it struck her, perhaps the dark magicks were too much for him…perhaps Giles wasn’t there anymore. She swallowed hard before hesitantly uttering what she dreaded, “Ripper?”

Meanwhile…

“They’re all fine, dear…but they miss you terribly.” Maggie answered. “They are waiting anxiously for us all to return.”

“A-all of us?” Tara asked.

“Yes…it’s going to take everything that we have to banish Kaliphicus…and that means you, too, Tara.” Maggie answered.

“B-but how?” Tara asked, nervously. “I’m not related to Willow through blood.”

“No…you’re not. But your child is…”

“…I d-don’t understand…”

“Baby…our child…it’s part of me…part of us…and because you’re carrying her, my blood – our baby’s blood – flows through you.” Willow said, proud of the fact that even in her somewhat frazzled state, she was actually able to understand the whole concept herself! Turning back to Maggie, she asked “When do we go?”

“Soon…soon…but first, I think that we will need to deal with a few ‘undesirables’ here. Have you located Duncan?” Maggie asked.

“Well…kind of…he actually located us.” Willow said, looking to her wife. She cringed as she remembered the site of Duncan’s spell hitting Tara…putting both her life, and the life of their unborn child in danger.

Tara fidgeted in her chair, obviously growing more and more uncomfortable with the talk of the Dark Warlock. She remembered what had happened before, and was determined not to allow it to happen again.

“Has she had any other contact with him?” Maggie asked.

“No…that was it…right honey?” Willow answered, looking to her wife.

“I wasn’t talking about Tara…” Said Maggie, quizzically.

“Not this t-time.” Tara answered, raising her glance slightly, to meet Maggie’s eyes.

“What do you mean, not this time? Tara?” Willow asked, not understanding what was going on. A sinking feeling spread through Willow’s body. “Baby…what did I do…last time?”

“I-It’s not important…” Tara said, nervously.

“What’s then is then, child…now is now...”

“Right…now is now…then was then…but I need to know…what did I do? I can’t make sure I don’t do it again if I don’t know what I did in the first place!” Willow babbled.

Tara, hearing the determination in her wife’s voice, knew that she would not just let the subject go without further explanation. Knowing that the truth would undoubtedly be painful for her love, she moved closer, taking Willow’s soft hand in her own.

“R-Remember when I said that there were n-no short-cuts? How important it was t-that you take your time and d-do things right…” Tara began.

Willow nodded, listening attentively…albeit apprehensively.

“…the last t-time you were here…you were looking for a faster way…to make e-everything right...” Tara took a deep breath, trying to compose herself.

Maggie, seeing how upset the young mother was becoming, took it upon herself to explain the rest.

“What she’s trying to tell you, child…is that you have immense power, but that your lack of patience has led you to use the dark magicks in the past.”

“But what? What did I do?” Willow said, pleading with Tara. “Whatever it was, Baby…I’m sorry…and I’ll never do it again…I promise!”

“I a-almost lost you…Duncan…y-you were using the dark side…but didn’t have enough power on your own t-to do what you thought needed to be d-done…” Tara said, getting more upset with each word. “You t-thought you could trick him…so you could steal his power…but he…he was too s-strong…I almost l-lost you!” Tara said, breaking down in tears.

Willow held her tightly, looking to Maggie.

“According to the family history…you had quite an affinity for the dark magicks…a craving that you found it extremely difficult to ignore.” Maggie explained.

“That’s…that’s just…ridiculous!” Willow said, somewhat defensively. “I’ve used them before…yes…but I was always in control…and they worked – lots of times!”

“The dark side is all about deception, child…it makes you feel safe – draws you in like an old friend…makes you feel like what you’re doing is right…just long enough to make you want it more…more power…absolute power…”

“…corrupts absolutely.” Willow said. “Oh my Goddess…Baby…I am so sorry…for whatever I did…everything I put you through…what can I do to make it up to you, just tell me…I’ll do anything!” She pleaded.

“Just p-promise…no matter what…no dark magicks…”

“I promise, Baby…always…I promise.”

Maggie watched the two holding each other, hoping that Willow would be able to hold true to her word.

Time would tell…

To Be Continued…

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:13 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great that you've updated this fic too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for hanging in there! I hope you enjoyed the new update! Please continue to hang in there with me as I get back into the swing of writing for these wonderful characters! I hope that I can do them justice once again!

Take care and let me know what you think of the update, please!

Thanks,

CZ - aka FIRESIGN :pride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm 
5. Willowhand

more more

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm hanging...and keep hanging...

which means...MORE UPDATE PLEASE
:kgeek :kgeek

I enjoy the fic immensely :pinky :pinky

RC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Fire buddy you are back up and running true to form thiis was a hell of an update with much promise to come bravo........ more please soon. :pinky :pinky

Post subject: UPDATE - TIMELESS - CHAPTER 72 IS NOW UP!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:54 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

“Giles?” She said, shaking him slightly to try to bring him around. “Giles? Are you there?” Still no response. Then it struck her, perhaps the dark magicks were too much for him…perhaps Giles wasn’t there anymore. She swallowed hard before hesitantly uttering what she dreaded, “Ripper?”

Slowly the Watcher opened his eyes, groggily “Good Lord…no one has called me that for ages…” he said, weakly.

Buffy immediately threw her arms around her ‘father’, squeezing him tightly as she broke down in tears.

“…breathe…can’t…” Giles wheezed, the Slayer compressing his midsection in her vise-like grip.

“B…ease up a bit…G-man’s still here…and he’s okay…but he won’t be if you don’t let him go!” Faith said, reaching behind the smaller blonde woman, placing her hands over hers, gently loosening her grip.

“I…I’m sorry…” Buffy said, sniffing back her tears as she released the Watcher. “I just thought that you…that ‘Ripper’…that I’d lost you, too.” she stammered.

Realizing just how fragile Buffy actually was, Giles took her hand in his, placing his other hand on her face, tenderly, as a father would.

“I’m still here…and I’m not leaving you, not of my own accord…that I promise you.” He said, reassuringly.

Xander helped Anya to her feet, and they made their way across the room to where Giles and the Slayers were.

“Whoa…G-man…you’ve been holding out on us! All big with the mojo and stuff – and here we thought you were just plain-old plaid-clad Librarian man!” Xander said, chidingly.

Slowly the Watcher rose to his feet, Buffy helping him. He took his glasses off, pulling the handkerchief from his pocket and buffing the lenses nervously.

“Ah-hem…” he said, clearing his throat. “…it’s not exactly something I care to delve in normally…at least not anymore…”

Meanwhile…

Before they knew it, the four women had talked into the wee hours of the morning, and most likely would have talked longer, had Tara been able to stifle her yawns…

“Oh…I’m s-sorry…” Tara said, finishing her yawn.

“No need to be sorry, dear…it’s been a long night – and this was a lot to take in all at once.” Maggie said, looking at the pair.

“That’s the understatement of the century!” Willow said, gently pulling Tara back into her chest. The blonde sighed softly as she nuzzled into her love’s arms. “Oh, baby…you need your rest…are you okay?”

“Mm-hmm…” Tara answered, sleepily. “…just seem to get tired easier now.” She said, taking Willow’s hand in hers and guiding it lovingly across her midsection, over the small bump that was starting to form beneath.

“That’s to be expected, child…Willow is right, you need your rest…we all will. It’s going to be a long day and we’ve a lot to do before we head back through the portal.” Maggie said, getting up from her chair. “You get your wife to bed now, Willow…Logan and I will make due with the floor.”

“Absolutely not!” Tara said, vehemently. “You are our guests – you can take our bed, and we’ll sleep near the fire.”

“Nonsense! We’re fine right here, dear!” Maggie insisted.

“Really, Tara’s right…besides – we like sleeping near the fire…all snuggled in nice and comfy-cozy…” Willow said, her thoughts drifting off to times they’d shared not too long ago in front of the fire. Suddenly, she realized who was in the room with them. “Oh! Goddess!! I can’t believe I just said that…in front of you…and her…and you’re our…our grandchildren!” Willow babbled, turning a brilliant shade of red.

Tara smiled, she understood her wife’s embarrassment, but Goddess, how she had missed the Willow-babble!

“Really, you shouldn’t be embarrassed…I mean…I can understand why you are…but we’re all adults here…even though you’re kind of my grandparents…and eww…okay…I understand now…” Logan babbled, very much Willow-like, now joining her ancestor in the brilliant shade of crimson.

Tara giggled happily, seeing that the traits of her beloved would be carried on throughout the generations to come.

“Very well…we’ll take the bed.” Maggie said, making her way across the room.

Willow knelt down, reaching underneath the bed, pulling out some extra blankets and pillows, making a comfy nest for she and Tara in front of the hearth. After seeing that Maggie and Logan had everything they needed, Tara snuggled in next to her love.

The fire popped and crackled as the two lay there, watching the flames dance in each other’s eyes…

“What-cha thinkin’?” Willow asked, reaching forward, gently brushing a few stray strands of blonde hair out of Tara’s face, tucking them lovingly behind her ear.

“…I d-don’t know…the future…u-us…t-them…everything.” Tara said, obviously nervous.

Willow drew her closer in, kissing her temple. “You’re my future, baby…they are our future…” Willow said, still marveling in the fact that Maggie and Logan were ‘theirs’.

“I know…a-and you and our b-baby are mine…but about the future…w-what is it like? How will I f-fit in?” She said, worriedly.

In all of the excitement, Willow had not even contemplated how Tara would feel about travelling into the future…where there were so many unknowns…how could she not be nervous about it?

“It’s going to be different for you…scary, even…” Willow said, thinking of how it would be seeing things like airplanes and cars for the first time – let alone riding in them. “…but you’ll be fine…because I will be right there with you the whole time. I will always be there for you and our children…to comfort you…guide you…love you…always.”

Tara’s lips rose in her trademark lopsided grin, “Children, eh? So you think we’re going to have more t-than one?”

Willow grinned at the thought of little blonde-haired, blue-eyed girls running around playing happily in the woods while she and Tara watched from the porch of their house.

“Hmmm…could be…” Willow grinned. “But let’s get this little one here safe-and-sound, first.” She said, running her hand across Tara’s midsection. “Everything is going to be fine, baby...I promise.”

“Mmmm…I love you, Will…” Tara said, slowly drifting off, letting exhaustion claim her as she lay in Willow’s protective arms.

“I love you, my Tara…my Always…” Will said, finally joining her in slumber.

Sleep, young ones…for tomorrow, we fight…

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dibs you have certainly gotten back into the flow here I am mesmerised once more I love the tension your building for us waiting for them to move forward and come back to the future I have no more fingernails left so more soon please.

Last edited by Willowtree252 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everyone!

I've been getting some requests for this and MY FIRST in a word document format (as an entire BVTS novel). I do have TIMELESS available in that format - and will have MY FIRST available soon if anyone wants them. Please email me at firesign98@yahoo.com if you would like a copy. Keep in mind - neither fanfic is finished yet...

I hope you all enjoy the updates - and as always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

-CZ aka FIRESIGN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

when I read about Tara was about going to the future, why did I think about Anya..... :paranoid
Hope Tara would fit in the future life..well she would had to learn about technology first before she took off :party
I enjoy it, absolutely :pinky :pinky
I really appreciate if you post the next part :kdevil

:kgeek RC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Great updates, but I am thinking I need to go back and start reading from the begining again. Thank you for upating this fabulous story!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: TIMELESS - CHAPTER 73 IS NOW UP!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 am 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE

What was left of the night went by way too quickly. Tara slept deeply, safe in the arms of Willow. Neither of them stirred as Maggie and Logan got up out of the bed and made their way outdoors.

“Shhh…let them sleep.” Maggie said, motioning for Logan to follow her quietly.

Once outside, Logan looked at her grandmother quizzically. “What’s up, Gran? Why are you all with the stealth-mode? Shouldn’t they be in on this?”

“No, child…I want to talk to you alone.” Maggie said, taking her granddaughter lovingly by the hand. “What we are about to do…with the ‘dark-one’…it’s more dangerous that anything that I’ve ever done with you before.”

“I get that, Gran…I mean – that’s why we’re here…to help defeat this big-bad…right?” Logan said, concern evident in her voice.

“Yes…but no matter what happens…no matter what you see – the most important thing is that Willow and Tara make it back safely…”

“Gran…I’m not going to let anything happen to you!” Logan said, protectively. There was nothing that she wouldn’t do for her grandmother. After all, it was she that had raised her when her mother passed away…she who had taught her the craft…

“Logan…sweetheart…” Maggie said, gently cocking her head while marveling at the wonderful young woman before her. She raised her hand, cupping the girl’s face lovingly. “…listen…what happens to me is not important…but Willow…Tara…if they don’t make it back – if the baby that Tara is carrying doesn’t survive…neither will you or I…and all of this, and the world as we know it…will be lost…”

Meanwhile, inside…

Willow’s eyes darted back and forth quickly under her eyelids…
The trees are going by so quickly…I’m going so fast…am I running? Is this me? It’s me…but then again…it’s not…I’m riding something…an animal of some kind…what’s that ahead? Goddess…no! It’s him! Kaliphicus! Tara!!! NO!!!!!!

Willow was thrashing about wildly, yelling Tara’s name aloud.

“Shhh…baby…it’s okay…” Tara said, trying to calm her wife. Willow was still asleep…still in the dream…

I have to save her…have to save them! The baby!
Willow reached to her side, instinctively grabbing the hilt of her knife and pulling it out of it’s sheath…

Hearing the commotion inside, Maggie and Logan rushed in to see what was wrong…

“What’s going on?!” Logan asked, seeing Tara now holding Willow, who was still thrashing about, sweating profusely…

“Will? Baby? Wake up!” Tara said, now scared that she could not seem to rouse the red-head from her nightmare.

“No, child…not yet…let her continue…” Maggie said, cryptically.

Willow could see Tara beginning to chant something…then reaching out with her free hand to touch Kaliphicus over his chest, where the creatures’ blackened heart lay…

NO!!! Tara!!!! Willow jumped from her steed, rushing forward with her silver blade leading the way, piercing Kaliphicus’ chest near Tara’s outstretched hand. The scene erupted in a flash of light, throwing both women back…
Willow sat bolt upright, panting – her eyes open wide in a combination of fear and dread.

“Baby! Are you alright?” Tara said, clearly upset by Willow’s distressed state.

“Tara?” Willow said, still confused.

“I’m right here, baby…right here…” she said, cupping the red-head’s face in her hands, kissing her forhead sweetly.

“I thought I’d lost you…Kaliphicus…he had you…you and the baby…and I was trying to get to you…”

“Shhhh…baby…it’s just a dream…you’re fine…we’re fine…” Tara said, still trying to comfort and reassure her love.

“Slow down, Willow…tell me exactly what you saw.” Maggie said, trying to put two-and-two together.

“Can’t this wait…she’s really upset.” Tara said, protectively.

“Time is one thing we don’t have a lot of, child…we need to know what she saw…this was no mere nightmare…it was a vision of things to come…”

Willow, realizing the importance of Maggie’s words, managed to compose herself.

“Now…start from the beginning.” Maggie instructed.

Willow took a deep breath, to steady herself before beginning.

“I was running through the woods…but I wasn’t really running, myself…I was riding something…” She began.

“A horse?” Tara asked.

“No…thank the Goddesses! Scary things, horses! Especially ponies…evil creatures, really…they bite! I had one at my sixth birthday party and…” Willow babbled.

“Willow! Please…focus!” Maggie said, sternly.

“Right…sorry about that…” the red-head said, cringing. “…I’m not sure what it was…it was very broad…and the hair was brown…and really course…and I could see Tara – and Kaliphicus had her…”

“Oh baby…I’m so sorry…” Tara began.

“Shhh…continue, Willow.” Maggie instructed.

“Tara was with Kaliphicus…and I was riding towards them. Tara was chanting something…and her hand started to glow…and she reached out to touch his chest…and I jumped off of whatever the frilly hell I was riding…and reached down to my side…like this…” Willow said, motioning as though she was grabbing the hilt of the knife “grabbed this silver knife-thingy…and stabbed him right next to Tara’s hand…in his chest…and there was this huge flash of light…and the next thing I know…I woke up.”

“The knife, child…what did it look like?”

Willow thought…trying desperately to bring back any memory of the detail of the weapon.

“It was silver…and the handle felt kind of bumpy when I grabbed it…kind of like it maybe had something inlaid in it.” She said.

“Something like this?” Maggie said, reaching under her robes. She pulled out something wrapped in a piece of cloth…folding back the layers to reveal a silver dagger with a jewel-encrusted hilt. On the blade was etched a single word… Arduinnae.

To Be Continued...

As always...feedback is greatly appreciated! :pride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:35 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope the Willow & Tara team soon get rid of Kaliphicus...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Wow FIRESIGN both your fics are awesome! Can't wait for the next update! Xx Rachel Xx

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

You are on a roll. These stories just keep getting better and better. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I am so happy I love this story you are making my decade keep it up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:31 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

Thanks so much for hanging in there and encouraging me to continue TIMELESS and my other fic MY FIRST. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to write for these wonderful characters!

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback - keep it coming! :party

I'll try to get updates to each of these stories up tomorrow...so stay tuned!

Thanks and have a great day!

CIN aka FIRESIGN :pride

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I've been following this story since you started it I'm happy to see that you're updating and continuing the story. Can't wait for more. :pride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:03 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

I'm working on the update for Timeless as we speak...and hope to get it up this weekend...provided I don't get caught up in yard work and decorating for Halloween! My partner and I have a very large yard (over 3 acres) - and it takes a while to get things all trimmed up. But I will do my best!

Keep that feedback coming - you are all great!

Stay Tuned...

-Cin aka FIRESIGN :pride

Post subject: TIMELESS - CHAPTER 74 IS NOW UP!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 am 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

“Not anymore? What…you used to be all big-bad-warlocky type?” Xander asked, not being able to fathom Giles…who was all about ‘doing the right thing’ and the greater-good and all…actually delving into dark magicks.

“Xander…stop…” Buffy began, trying to spare the Watcher the pain and embarrasment of having to explain.

"No…Buffy…” Giles said, removing his glasses and rubbing his temples, hoping to ease the dull-throbbing pain from the residual darkness that resided in him. “It’s alright…maybe they should know…”

“Know? Know what?” Xander asked, oblivious to Giles’ awkward hesitations.

Faith, sensing the Watcher’s distress, retrieved a chair for him, sitting it next to him.

“Here ya go, G-man…you look like you could use this.”

“What? Oh…yes, thank you, Faith.” He said, surprised by the once-brash girl’s actions. “Now…where was I? Yes…well…in my younger days, I was a bit…um…how shal we say ‘impatient’ about things. I always thought that I knew it all…knew better, faster ways for everything.” He said, pausing to take a deep breath, he continued. “I had a friend who was also in training with me…”

“Watcher-like training…or what?” Xander asked.

“Well…not at that point, no. We were just beginning our intermediate magical studies. Neither of us had ‘declared a major’, so to speak. We were the ‘hot-dogs’ in our class…always trying something new to push things as far as we could. Soon…the magicks that we knew…the spells that we had access to…they just weren’t enough. We wanted more…more everything…but most importantly, more power.”

Buffy felt for the Watcher, as he looked as uncomfortable now as he had the night he had originally told her about his ‘Ripper’ days…in an attempt to keep her from making different – but similar mistakes.

“My friend knew a person on London’s east side…a dark magicks dealer…our intentions were only to try it – to see if it would, in fact, give us the ‘edge’ that we so-craved. We thought we could control it…” Giles shook his head at the thought of how young and stupid he was at the time “…but the dark side is very…well…deceptive – and we both were easily drawn into using it…wanting it so badly that we would do anything for it.”

“No ‘this is your brains…this is your brains on dark mojo’ commercials when you were a kid, eh?” Xander said, jokingly; however, seeing the stares from the rest of the group – he realized that the joke was not appropriate. “Okay…not funny ha, ha…I get it…sorry Giles...”

“Yes…well…needless to say…I was the lucky one. With the help of some very good friends that I never even realized that I had…I was able to beat the addiction…but not without a price…”

Meanwhile…

“Where did you get that?” Willow asked, marvelling at the fact that Maggie was now holding what she knew was the dagger from her dreams.

“This dagger has been passed down from generation to generation in our family…it is said to be the dagger of Arduinnae, Goddess of the forrest…known by the Greeks as ‘Diana’.” Maggie explained.

“But how did I…I’m not…and then I gave it to...or will give it to…our baby…and you…holy…” Willow babbled.

“Baby…it’s alright…” Tara said, touching Willow’s face, lovingly trying to comfort the red-head, who’s brain was once again spinning out of control. “…this may be the thing we n-need…to actually destroy Kaliphicus once and for all.”

“Most definitely…” Maggie agreed. “…and I think that Willow’s dream has just provided us with the missing piece of the puzzle.” She said, dryly…still with a look of concern on her face.

“What…missing piece?” Willow asked, not sure she was going to like what she was about to hear.

“You said that Tara was chanting and reached out to touch the creature’s chest before you drove the dagger into it’s heart, correct?” Maggie asked, confirming what she had thought Willow had said.

“Yes…she touched him…I stabbed him…and then…woosh! There was this big flash of light – and I felt like I was flying through the air…” she answered, excitedly.

“Were you able to make out what the spell was that Tara was chanting?” Logan asked.

“Not…not exactly…but it seemed kind of familiar…like maybe a binding spell…but something more…”

“It would take an immense amount of power to bind one as powerful as Kaliphicus…he is, after all…a demi-god.” Maggie said.

“Binding spells didn’t work on him…I tried…remember?” Willow said, hanging her head, remembering how futile her spells had been against the creature before.

“Normal b-binding spells…” Tara interjected, quietly.

“What baby?”

“You…before…y-you used a normal b-binding spell…”

“Baby…a binding spell is a binding spell is a binding spell…kinda like one-size-fits-all, you know?”

Tara looked to her wife, quizzically – obviously not understanding the analogy.

“There is another…”

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:05 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

on it my friend ;-) oh the plot thickens..... intrigue and suspense you have use hooked for sure as always loving it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next