The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Right Decision
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:26 am 
28. Com...plete

yay!!!!!update!!!!!!!!
:applause
:flower
this update was great, Lydie was hilarious, and i thought it was great that they had to go resue Eddie from the twins, tthat was perfect!
the best part was the explanation that Tara was their Tada, that was so cute!!!!!!!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:05 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Jeanne
I was reading this fic a while ago, so I was happy yesterday to see you had updated. I re-read the whole thing again last night to get the full enjoyment of the story, and tried to leave fb but something went wrong somewhere.
This is such a sweet, romantic story - Tara so sure in her heart and mind that Willow is 'the one' (and only), with a heart big enough to forgive and go on loving, and to so readily include the gorgeous twins in her love. Tragic Willow, knowing in her heart what (or who) she truly wanted but too afraid to take it - she must have been so unhappy for all those years carrying her guilt and loss. Fortunately she had good friends and her beautiful girls to help her through.
You write the children, and the adult interaction with them, so well. I had a little bet with myself that you came from a large and close family after reading the descriptions of the way the children behaved and the easy way they would go to any of the available adults for attention or solace. e.g. Ryan curling up on Dawn's lap for a sleep at the hospital.
I'm looking forward to the birth of W/T's baby, but can't help wondering...if Tara is daddy to L & J, won't that get a little confusing when she (Tara) is their little sister's Mom?
Also have to say I luuuurrrrve the lovin'. Yay for 'insatiable' Tara!

Looking forward to reading more of this happy story..... hopefully soon, please?

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:15 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Hello kittens :wave, how are you all?

Guess what? I've been working on an update for you, & it's a special update, which is gonna be split into at least 2 parts (possibly 3). So, part 1, also known as chapter 39a, is all finished & awaiting the whole beta-ing process, and will be posted tomorrow.

But, before that, I have some nice thank yous to say to all you lovely people who left feedback to the last update. :flower

Carleen: I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Quote:
What I really enjoyed about it was the easy play among all of the characters in the chapter. Even with Tara being all hormone ridden and initially unsocial, the chapter had a nice sense of ease
Thanks, that's what I was aiming for, & I was a little scared that it maybe seemed a little forced, so, I'm very glad that it wasn't. :)
I agree, there's nobody better to play matchmaker than Lydie & Jules - they really do just want their aunt Buffy to know the kind of love that Tara & Willow, Xander & Anya and Dawn & Kate have found.

Emms: Hey sweetie :wave
Aww, you fainted just 'cos I updated? That's so sweet :x Thank you for your enthusiasm - it's very much appreciated. :flower
Yeah, kids are great aren't they? Always willing to ask those awkward questions that nobody else dare ask :)
Quote:
And kudos to the girls for sticking with their point of view about what Tara means and is to them.
Yeah, Tara will always be their 'daddy' & nothing can change that. :)
Okay, update tomorrow - is that soon enough sweetie?

Kaia: Aww, everyone loves Lydia & Julia and they've been missing all you lovely kittens too :)

Watson: I'm glad you're still reading sweetie, but, I'm guessing by your lack of return that your gf was more than a little distracting? :eyebrow

singgirl: I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the feedback :)

Animism: Thanks for the feedback :)

HalfCamel: Glad you enjoyed it & that you felt the interactions were great :)

CrazyTaraWitch: I love enthusiastic feedback :)
I'm glad you thought Lydie was 'hilarious' :) & I'm glad you liked the update too :)
Yeah, the 'Tada' explanation was kinda cute wasn't it? :)

spells42: Hey there :wave
I'm so glad you're reading & enjoying :) & I'm especially glad that you're enjoying it enough to read the whole thing in one go :shock Wow!
Your sweet words & wonderful insight mean so very much to me. Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback :flower
Quote:
had a little bet with myself that you came from a large and close family
You're right hmm, what did you bet? 'cos you won :D
Quote:
but can't help wondering...if Tara is daddy to L & J, won't that get a little confusing when she (Tara) is their little sister's Mom?
Don't worry, the twins are smart, they'll figure it out :)
& a definite Yay! for 'insatiable' Tara - she's yummy. :drool

Okay, that's all the replies done, & the next update shall be up as soon as I get the chance tomorrow. :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:35 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update!! so looking forward to another!!! Update soon please?

ERIN

Post subject: Part 39a
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:40 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hello sweet kittens :wave

Okay, first...

AlysonGoddess: Thanks for the feedback, update is uhm, right here :)

Right, as promised, I have an update, & I hope you all enjoy :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was early on a Saturday morning, the sun had only just begun it’s ascent over the tree-tops, and Willow was just returning from the bathroom to her bed, an affectionate, adoring smile lighting up her face as she took in the sight of her still sleeping lover.

Tara was wearing a small white camisole top; one of the thin straps had fallen from her right shoulder and was hanging loosely across her upper arm, pulling the neck of the top down to reveal the gentle slope of her swollen breast. The waistband of her thin grey cotton shorts rested just below the small bump where their unborn daughter resided safely and contently.

One of the rising sun’s beams broke in through the window and danced mischievously across Tara’s sleeping face. She raised her arm gracefully to shield her eyes from the offending light, causing the lace trim of her top to fall a little further, and Willow could no longer control her desire to be gently touching and kissing the goddess who lay before her. She slowly crawled into bed and placed gentle, butterfly kisses to Tara’s squeezed shut eyelashes.

“Turn the light off Will.” Tara mumbled, having failed to eradicate the intrusive light.
“It’s the sun baby; I can’t turn off the sun.” Willow spoke softly, stroking Tara’s face with a feather-light caress.
“Sun? Is it morning already?” As the cobwebs of sleep cleared from Tara’s mind, and her powers of logic kicked into action, she realised that the sun was not going to disappear and she rolled over to face away from the window.
“It’s still early darling, you can sleep a little while longer.” She ran her finger’s gently through soft blonde silk.
“Wait, it’s Saturday; it’s Jules and Lydia’s birthday. What time is it? Are they awake already?” Suddenly, no trace of sleep remained as Tara propped herself up on one elbow, enthusiasm sparkling in her eyes.
“Shhh, they’re still asleep. I’m guessing we’ve got about, half an hour before they wake up, and you, are looking so beautiful, and radiant, and sexy, and may I kiss you please?” Willow’s voice was a low, soft blend of playful desire and gentle reverence.
“Mmm, yes please.”

Willow leant down slowly, capturing Tara’s full lips in a long, deep, searing kiss, their tongues uniting in an electric, passionate slow dance that left both women light headed.

“Wow! Oh.”
“Oh?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Oh, what oh? Why oh?”
“Did you just feel that?”
“Feel what baby? The kiss? I felt the kiss, it was all wow and yummy.” Willow enthused, leaning in to capture Tara’s lips once again.
“Not the kiss sweetie; although yes, that was wow and yummy. Give me your hand.”

Tara took Willow’s hand and held it gently against her stomach where she could feel a distinct tapping sensation.

“She’s kicking!” Willow exclaimed excitedly.
“She is? She is! She’s kicking. Oh wow.” Tara’s face lit up with wonderment.
“That’s a proper strong little kick she’s got too, not just light little flutters.”
“She’s really there, I can feel her; I can feel our baby girl. She’s really there.” Tara’s voice fell to an awed whisper as she and Willow shared a tender smile.

“Mommy! Tada! It’s our birthday! It’s March the twenty first; that means we’re six whole years old today.” Two bundles full of energy crashed through the door of Willow and Tara’s room like twin miniature tornadoes, rushing towards their parents and launching themselves onto the bed.
“Happy Birthday my little princesses.” Willow squeezed her daughter’s tightly and kissed them gently on their cheeks.
“Hey, where’s my hug?” Tara pouted playfully and Jules and Lydia bounced into her waiting arms. “That’s better. Happy Birthday sweeties. I think your baby sister wants to tell you happy birthday too.” Tara informed the twins, guiding their hands to her stomach so that they could feel the baby kicking.
“Wow, that’s so cool!” The little girls giggled. “Good morning Eleanor.” They whispered to Tara’s stomach.

----------------------------------

“Right, what do the little birthday girls want for their breakfast?” Willow asked when everyone had made their way downstairs.
“We’re big girls now mommy.”
“Oh, right, of course, how silly of me. Okay, so what would the big birthday girls like for breakfast?”
“Presents!” Lydia and Jules bounced in their chairs, grinning widely at their parents.
“Presents? Hmm, I don’t think we have any of those. I remember we bought cereal, porridge, fruit, waffles, juice, and we got eggs, milk and flour to make pancakes, but, I don’t remember getting anything else. Tara, did we get any presents?” Willow teased.
“I don’t think we got presents for breakfast no. I’m not sure how to cook presents, but I could try if that’s what Lydie and Jules want.”
“No, not presents to eat, presents to open, all wrapped up in bright coloured paper and ribbons, and cards too, with cute pictures on the front and badges with big number sixes on them.” Lydia enthused.
“Oh, well, we might have some of those presents, but you have to have breakfast first.”

Lydia requested porridge and milk, Julia asked for Captain Crunch cereal and apple juice and Willow toasted some waffles for herself and Tara.

“Mommy?” Lydia watched intently as her porridge turned pink when she mixed raspberry jam into it.
“Yes?”
“Now that aunt Dawn is married to auntie Kate, does that mean that she and auntie Buffy haven’t paid for us to have our picture taken? ‘Cos we always go play dress up and have our picture taken on our birthday, and its lots of fun, and we really, really want to do that today.”
“Don’t worry honey, you’re still gonna have your photo session, Buffy and Eddie have organised it for you this year.”
“Does that mean they’re getting married?”
“I’m not sure I follow your logic there Lydie?” Willow questioned her daughter, sharing a puzzled frown with Tara.
“Well, they’re buying presents together, like you and Tada do, and like auntie Anya and uncle Xander, and aunt Dawn and auntie Kate, and all those people are married, essept you and Tada, but you’re gonna get married after Eleanor’s born, so that must mean that aunt Buffy is gonna marry Eddie.”
“That does make sense sweetie, but don’t get your hopes up too high okay?”
“Okay.”
“Anyway, we have to be at the photo studio by ten o’ clock, so you’d better get a move on if you want to open presents before we go.”

Of course, Julia and Lydia didn’t need hurrying along with their breakfasts, they both had empty bowls and cups long before Willow and Tara had finished their waffles, which actually turned out to be a bad thing because they then had to wait for their parents to finish before they were allowed their presents.

Finally, at eight o’ clock, the birthday girls were allowed into the living room.

The room had been decorated in anticipation of the parties that were arranged for later that afternoon; a fairly standard children’s party for Lydie and Julia’s school friends and a, hopefully quieter, family party later on.
There were streamers hanging down from the walls; big, bright, helium filled balloons floating in every corner of the room; and over the fire place, was a huge banner with “HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY PRINCESS JULIA AND PRINCESS LYDIA!” painted across it in every colour of the rainbow.

“Wow! It’s so pretty.” The twins exclaimed in unison.

Willow directed Lydie and Jules attention towards the couch, which was piled high with numerous cards and coloured parcels of all manner of different shapes and sizes.

“Presents!” The girls squealed, running over to the couch and practically diving head first into the packages.

The next half an hour was a blur of flying gift wrap, envelopes, packaging and string; accompanied by a constant, over-excited chorus of “Wow! Cool” and “I’ve always wanted one of these” and the odd “Have you seen this?” and “Oh, isn’t this pretty?” and of course the occasional request to “open this please?”.

There were new clothes and shoes to wear for the parties; some ‘proper, grown up’ jewellery; two sets of drawing pencils, paints and sketch pads; an Animal Hospital play set for Lydia; a Barbie aeroplane playset for Julia; a doll that claimed to be ‘just like a real baby’, with various accessories, including a small, pink plastic potty and a rattle shaped like a duck; a purple clock radio for their bedroom and a large, white fairy princess castle.

“Uh-oh, Tara, I think we forgot something.” Willow stated exaggeratedly when all of the presents had been opened.
“You’re right, there was definitely something else.” Tara joined in with the act.
“What is it? What is it?” The twins chimed, dancing around their parent’s in anticipation.
“Where could they be? Did we leave them upstairs Tara?”
“I don’t think they’re upstairs. Oh no, what if we left them at the store?”
“No, we definitely brought them home; I remember putting them in the car. Oh, I must have left them in the car. Maybe you should go look.” Willow suggested to the girls, who ran out into the front yard in their pyjamas and bunny slippers without a second thought.

“There’s nothing there.” Lydia pouted as she peered through the car window.
“Really? Hmm, that’s strange.”
“Mommy where are they?”
“I just don’t know, maybe in the back yard?”

Julia and Lydia ran through the house and out of the back door and there, leaning against the wall of the house, were two shiny red bicycles, with little white baskets hanging on the front of the handle bars, and pink and white streamers hanging out of the ends of the handles.

“Bikes! Can we ride them now? Please?”
“Get dressed first, and then you can ride them for half an hour before we go for your photo session.” Willow reasoned.
“And be careful.” Tara added worriedly. “We should have bought helmets and knee pads.” She added quietly to Willow as Lydie and Jules raced upstairs to get washed and dressed.
“Giles has got helmets and things for them.”
“But they won’t get them until later on this afternoon, what if they fall off this morning?”

Willow began to giggle affectionately; she wrapped her arms around Tara’s waist and brushed her lips lightly against her loves.

“How come you’re laughing at me?” Tara’s lower lip jutted out just a little.
“You’re very cute when you’re all worrying.” Willow explained tenderly.
“Oh.” Tara’s expression quickly dissolved from a tiny pout, into a coy smile and a small blush.
“We’ll make sure they stay on the grass, that way, the worse that can happen is a few grass stains, okay baby?”
“Okay.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

& that was just the first part of the morning - there's lots more birthday fun to be had :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:44 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

dibs! Dibs! DIBS DIBS DIBS!!!!!

ETA: I've run out of time and if I don't leave now there's going to be seven kids without breakfast :lol But I promise Promise PROMISE to come back as soon as I can to leave you feedback! :x

:bounce I'm so happy you have updated!! YAY!!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:59 am 
19. Yummy Face

The lovely Emms wrote
Quote:
if I don't leave now there's going to be seven kids without breakfast

:lol I understand sweetie, can't have kiddies going hungry :)

I'm just happy that you're so happy that I updated :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:27 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
the most wonderful Jeanne wrote:
I'm glad you're still reading sweetie, but, I'm guessing by your lack of return that your gf was more than a little distracting?

Um, er, actually ... not really. I *embarrassed* forgot. *mumbles and twists hands and trace semi-circles on the floor to try to push topic of conversation elsewhere.* My total bad. So, fb for both updates, forgive me?

Part 38

Can Jules and Lydie be any cuter? Can't fault their logic -- if auntie Buffy has a crush on Eddie, then they are to be married. Even though they have met for less than 24 hours, it's the way of marriage according to the twins, no arguments. Second logic -- Tada is not their mommy,
Quote:
“Tada’s our daddy. Our real daddy was no good, so we chose Tada to be our daddy instead ‘cos she’s the best daddy in the whole wide world.”

I mean ... awwww ... how cute.

You write the banter between the existing Scoobies, the new slayer/watcher, between adults and adult/children so well, everyone has their own voice, and the transition is so smooth. Most of this update is dialogue, but you show the action and feelings so well, even with dialogue.

Part 39

Wow, gasp, let me tell you how gasp-y.

Gasp #1 - TRD is at part 39 already? Wow.

Gasp #2 - Eleanor kicking! Awesome. And the image of Willow, Jules and Lydie all around Tara in their bed, all sharing in the feel of Eleanor kicking, it's sweetness, sweetie.

Gasp #3 - it's the twins' birthday!

Gasp #4 - Mommy and Tada teasing the twins about presents
Quote:
“I don’t think we got presents for breakfast no. I’m not sure how to cook presents, but I could try if that’s what Lydie and Jules want.”

Gasp #5 - the return of the impeccabe logic about auntie Buffy and uncle Eddie
Quote:
“Well, they’re buying presents together, like you and Tada do, and like auntie Anya and uncle Xander, and aunt Dawn and auntie Kate, and all those people are married, essept you and Tada, but you’re gonna get married after Eleanor’s born, so that must mean that aunt Buffy is gonna marry Eddie.”

all together now ... AWWWWW!

Gasp #6 - the sheer amount of presents for the birthday girls. They're so spoiled ... and they deserve to be so spoiled.

Gasp #7 - BIKES! yipee!! Did the twins go "WHEEEEE!!!" ???

Gasp #8 -
Quote:
that was just the first part of the morning - there's lots more birthday fun to be had

now I feel like it's my birthday. Thank you.
[br]

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:11 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Jeanne
So good to have another update to this story to read. As many Kittens have already said, you do the happy domestic scenes so well, and very realistic interactions between W/T and the twins.

I loved the opening scene of Tara waking up, and the playful banter with the twins about breakfast and then about the 'missing' presents.

There's more birthday fun, hmm? Good.

BTW re my bet? I bet nothing - that way if I lose I have the smug satisfaction of not having lost anything, and if I win I have the smug satisfaction of being right. :-D (Yes, I know I'm beyond hope.)

Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:36 pm 
28. Com...plete

yay!!! story has updatey-goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce
yay!

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay!!! UPDATE WOOT! That was so cute i cant wait till tara has her baby.. i think there should be some angsty goodness in there hehe but anyways great update please update soon!!!

ERIN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:13 am 
3. Flaming O

Wonderful update..........as always!

Will flattery get me anywhere? :-D If it does, I ain't too proud to beg
Please please please please update soon!

I want a shiny read bicycle! I wish it was my birthday. (actually, my birthday is coming up) I can't wait to see what happens at the party!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey!
Great to see this fic back!! I missed it, so thank you for the update. Btw, I loved it! The twins are so cute :)
Looking forward to more!

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:39 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hello kittens :wave

Can you believe it...? it's only been a week & I already have an update for you, & it's quite long too, & lot's of fun. :)

Before I post the update though, I have some thank yous for all you lovely kittens who left feedback. :flower

Emms: Thanks for the dibs sweetie, but those kids must be taking a LONG time to eat their breakfast? :lol Just kidding sweetie, I know you're all busy writing your own wonderful fics & stuff. :)

Watson: Of course you're forgiven sweetie :) Double feedback makes all things good :D

Part 38
Quote:
Can Jules and Lydie be any cuter?
Is that a challenge? 'Cos I'm sure it is possible :) They do indeed have impeccable logic.
I'm glad you enjoy the banter
Quote:
everyone has their own voice,
I'm so glad you commented on that, it's exactly what I was trying to capture.

Part 39a
Heehee, what a lot of gasps :) & I agree with every one of them.
#1 - I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
#2 - I'm glad you enjoyed that part.
#4 - I did love writing the teasing, so I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
#7 - I'm sure the twins did go "WHEEEEEEE!!!!!" :D
#8 - Aww, I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much.

Spells 42: I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Especially that opening scene - I'm rather proud of that particular part. :)
Yep, more birthday fun coming very soon.
Quote:
BTW re my bet? I bet nothing - that way if I lose I have the smug satisfaction of not having lost anything, and if I win I have the smug satisfaction of being right.
That sounds very sensible to me.

CrazyTaraWitch: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

AlysonGoddess: Glad you liked it. Angst? Hmm, not sure about that, we'll see.

Tonto: Flattery is not necessary, I have an update all ready for you. :)
I'm glad you're enjoying it & happy birthday for whenever your birthday is :balloons

onlykaren: Aww, I missed this fic too.
Quote:
thank you for the update
You're very welcome :)

Okay, that's the thank yous, I'll be back in a few short moments with the update. :)

Hugs
Jeanne

Post subject: Part 39b
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:47 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hello there sweet kittens :wave

I have update-y-ness, just for you. :)
So who wants to know what happens when Lydie & Jules go for a photo shoot?

Note: I do not own Matilda, & as far as I'm aware "Little Tyke's Photo Studio" doesn't exist, but if it does, I don't own that either.

& now, on with the birthday celebrations......

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hi, we have an appointment at ten o’ clock.” Willow informed the receptionist, handing the appointment card to the raven-haired girl sat behind the reception desk at Little Tyke’s Photo Studio.
“Oh, Rosenberg right? The little birthday girls?” The receptionist smiled as she read from the appointment’s book in front of her.
“That’s us, uhm, them, yes, Rosenberg is us.”
“It says here that the twins have been upgraded to the VIP package, so, if you’d like to follow me, the girls can go see Claire to get their hair done, then they can choose some pretty clothes to wear.”

Everyone followed the young woman along a small corridor towards the hair stylist’s room.
“Oh, I’m Sam by the way, if you want anything at all, just let me know.”
“O-kay.” Willow shrugged at Tara, the girls did not usually get this kind of treatment.

“Claire, these are the Rosenberg twins, do you think you can do something pretty with their hair?”
“Yep, no problem.”

Claire put down the magazine she had been reading and stood to greet the little girls.
She was in her mid twenties, dressed in black slacks and a fitted, black, sleeveless top; her short, spiked hair was bleached white with pink tips and she wore a small silver stud in her left eyebrow.

“Okay girls, first things first, which one of you cutie’s is Lydia and which one’s Julia?”

Once the twins had identified themselves they both jumped onto the black stools and waited patiently as Claire gathered the tools of her trade.

“Are you going to give us hair cuts?” Lydia enquired, watching the stylist in the large oval mirror in front of her.
“Do you need hair cuts?” Claire asked, looking to Willow for an answer. “I can do that if you like, it’s included in the VIP package.”
“Well, I guess a little trim wouldn’t hurt; just an inch or so off the bottom.” Willow answered uncertainly, running her fingers through her daughters’ hair.

Willow couldn’t help but have her reservations; it had taken a lot of time, and a lot of disastrous hair cuts, to find a stylist who knew how to cut the twin’s curly hair properly.

As Claire noticed the hesitation in Willow’s voice, coupled with the way she lovingly twirled soft, auburn curls around her fingers, the stylist instantly offered reassurance.

“Don’t worry, my sister has curly hair and I’m the only person she trusts to cut it. I’ll take extra special care of theses precious little curls.”
“Okay.” Willow agreed with a little more certainty and Claire produced two large capes, which she wrapped loosely around Julia and Lydia’s shoulders.

Lydia was the first to have her hair cut and, after waiting for quite some time, Julia became bored. Her boredom didn’t last long however, as she soon discovered that her stool was on wheels and she instantly began to push herself along the hardwood floor and spin the stool around as fast as possible.

“Jules go careful honey.” Tara warned, watching the little girls’ antics from where she and Willow sat on a soft, white leather sofa.
“I will Tada.” Julia giggled as she sped from one end of the room to the other.

“Okay little girl racer.” Claire called out to Jules when she had finished cutting Lydia’s hair. “Steer your chair over here and let’s get to work on your hair shall we?”

Jules pushed herself off from the wall and slid towards Claire, who managed to catch the little girl just before she crashed into the pine counter-top.

“Whoa there speedy Gonzales, no running over the hair stylist.”
“Sorry.” Jules blushed.
“No worries kiddo.” Claire smiled good-naturedly.

“Can I sweep up all the hair?” Lydia asked as she slid off her stool and walked over to where she had spied a dust pan and brush earlier.
“Sure, if you want to.” Claire smiled, noting the difference in character of the seemingly identical girls.

So as Julia’s soft red curls fell to the floor, Lydia used the little blue plastic brush to quickly sweep them into a little pile, along with her own shorn locks.

With both girls’ hair trimmed to Willow’s approval, it was time to decide on hair styles. Whilst Julia asked for her hair to be tied back in a braid, Lydia wanted hers left hanging loose, with two thin plaits that rested like a halo just above her ears and were held together at the back with a small clip which was decorated with a delicate white silk flower.

“How do we look?” Jules asked when Claire was finished.
“Beautiful.” Willow smiled at her daughters.

When Claire escorted Willow, Tara and the girls back to reception, instead of Sam, there was a dark haired teenage boy sat behind the reception desk.

“Hey TJ, where’s your big sis?” Claire asked the youngster, ruffling his long brown hair, much to the boy’s annoyance.
“Sammy said to send the Rosenberg’s straight through to wardrobe, she’s waiting for them.”
“Thanks T.”

‘Wardrobe’ was an average sized room, filled with several rails of outfits and dressing up clothes; shelves of shoes; boxes of hats, hair bands, tiaras and the like and a chest of drawers full of costume jewellery. In other words, it was every little princess’s idea of heaven.

The next hour or so was a montage of the twins dressed in outfits ranging from faded denim overalls and straw hats; to ridiculous bright pink Cinderella style ball gowns.
There were pretty summer dresses; ballerina tutus; black tailored suits; pirate outfits with eye patches and a plastic parrot; Little Red Riding hood red capes and picnic baskets; over-sized dresses, high heeled shoes and hats accompanied by long strings of imitation pearls; and knee length blue velvet dresses with matching hair ribbons, which Tara loved so much that, if Sam had been willing to sell them, she would have bought them on the spot.

It was only when Jules and Lydia had gone through every other outfit imaginable that Sam produced the winning ensemble.

The white A-line dresses were beautiful and elegant in their simplicity, with fine golden stitching around the short puffed sleeves, the rounded neck and the calf-length hem. As the twins showed off the dresses to their parents, Sam found two pairs of angel wings made from delicate, soft white feathers and two daisy chain halos.

“You two look perfect.” Tara approved, smiling adoringly as the little angels skipped around the room bare footed.
“I think you’re ready for your close-ups girls.” Willow agreed, taking her little girls hands and following Sam through to the studio.

The studio had hardwood flooring, white-washed walls and a high ceiling with a small sky-light providing the only source of natural light.
Apart from the door that they had just entered through, there were two further doors, one of which said ‘Office’, the other, a double-sized sliding door, which Willow explained was a built in store cupboard full of props and scenery.
Stood against one of the walls, was a white canvas backdrop which had various large lights, reflectors and a projector angled towards it, as well as a complex looking digital camera mounted on a tall tripod-like contraption.

Tara, Willow and the twins were seated at two small, blue sofas that were in one corner of the room whilst Sam entered the small office to inform the photographer that the twins were ready for their shoot.

“I’m gonna leave the twins in Beth’s capable hands now, but, is there anything I could get for you two?” Sam asked Willow and Tara. “Anything to drink?”
“Can I get a juice and Tara?” Willow turned to her love.
“Water thanks.”
“Just water and juice? We have wine, or coffee?” Sam informed them.
“No wine thanks, I’m driving.”
“And I’m pregnant.” Tara added.
“So no coffee either, just water and apple juice thank you.”
“Okay, I’ll be back with your drinks in a few minutes.”

As Sam left the studio through one door, Beth entered through another.

“Hi, I’m Beth and you little angels must be Julia and Lydia?”

The twins nodded to the petite young woman, who looked more like a nursery-school teacher than a photographer. She reminded Willow very much of Miss Honey, from the story of Matilda; she had the same kind face, soft voice and frail, mousy qualities that Willow remembered of the motherly character in her favourite childhood story.

“Right, little angels need a big white fluffy cloud to play on.” Beth thought out loud as she walked towards the store cupboard, Jules and Lydie skipping along just behind her.
“Ah, here we go.” The photographer produced a large, fluffy, cloud-shaped sheepskin rug and laid it on the floor in front of the canvas backdrop then made her way to a laptop that was sat on a table behind the camera.

Lydie and Jules stepped onto the rug slowly, marvelling at the softness and giggling as they wriggled their toes against the thick wool.

“It’s the softest thing I’ve ever felt.” Julia exclaimed, unable to resist the urge to lie down and let the fine threads tickle against her skin.
“Can we have a bed made out of this? Please Mommy? Please Tada?” Lydia laid on her stomach next to her sister and gave a tiny sneeze as the rug tickled her nose.
“You want a sheepskin bed?” Beth enquired with a chuckle as she searched the files on the laptop for an appropriate background.
“Is that what this is?” Lydia asked inquisitively.
“Yep.”
“No wonder sheeps sleep so good if their skin is this soft.” The little girl mused stroking the rug absentmindedly.

Having found the image she was looking for, Beth projected the scene of three cherubs floating amongst soft pink, orange, purple and white clouds onto the canvas backdrop.

“Are you two ready?”
“Yep.”
“Okay, we’re going to do some posed pictures first, and then we’ll get some props and things to play with so that I can get some naturals okay?
“Okay.”

Because Julia and Lydia were so comfortable, the first few pictures were of them laid on the rug. First they were laid on their backs, looking up into the camera; then on their stomachs; their chins resting in the palms of their hands, their legs crossed at the ankles and bent up at the knees. Then the girls were asked to sit up, crossed legged first; then with legs folded to the side; and kneeling down to sit lightly on their feet.
Next, Beth got several different sized padded blocks, covered them in a white sheet and took pictures of the twins sitting and leaning on them in various different poses.
A few posed individual shots were taken next, with Lydie and Jules taking turns to stand behind the camera pulling faces and making silly noises to make each other laugh.

The twins chattered and joked the whole time their pictures were being taken, all about their family, their parents, their new baby sister; they told Beth practically their entire life story as she kindly gave them direction on where and how to stand.

Once all of the posed pictures had been taken, Beth went back into the store cupboard, returning a minute later with a large gold ball, two silver hula hoops, a plastic glittery jump rope and several white feather pillows.

For half an hour the twins played together with the ball; giggled as they tried desperately to spin the hula hoops around their waists; and took turns seeing who could do the most skips with the jump rope.
Finally, the pillows were brought into play and after a few minutes of pillow fighting, there were hundreds of soft white duck feathers floating and dancing through the air like delicate snow flakes.

“Okay, we’re all done. Go and get changed and I’ll put these pictures onto a disc so that you can choose the best ones.”

“But Tada, I don’t want to get changed, I like being an angel.”
“Aww, you don’t need a costume Lydie, you’re always an angel.” Tara placated the youngster lovingly as she removed the angel wings.
“Do you think they’ll let us keep the wings?”
“I doubt it honey.”
“Can we make some?”
“Uhm…” Tara inspected the wings with her expert artistic eye. “…sure sweetie, but not today.”
“Thank you Tada.”

Fifteen minutes later, everyone gathered around the computer in Beth’s office to see the pictures. The VIP package included seven framed pictures of varying sizes and, much to Willow’s delight, a copy of the disc with all of the pictures on. After some deliberation, they decided on a large 16” x 12” picture of the twins playing with the feathers, to add to the collection on the stairs; two individual 12” x 10” pictures, to hang at either side of the fire place in the living room; and four smaller posed pictures, one each for Buffy, Giles, Xander and Anya and Dawn and Kate.

“Okay, here’s your copy of the disc, I’ve sent your order through and your pictures should be delivered in four to six weeks.” Beth popped the disc into a plastic wallet and handed it to Willow.
“Thank you.” Willow and Tara both smiled gratefully at the photographer.
“Thank you Beth, it’s been very nice meeting you.” Lydie and Jules chimed in unison.
“It’s been so nice meeting you two little cuties too. Don’t forget to bring that baby sister of yours to see me when she’s born okay?”
“Okay.”

The twins skipped out of the studio hand in hand, waving goodbye to Sam, Claire and TJ who were all stood around the reception desk. Then everyone climbed into the car and they made their way home to get ready for the birthday parties.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

& the day's still not over yet - birthday parties in the next update. :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:10 am 
5. Willowhand

That was just soo cute. I can't think of anything else to describe it!

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:26 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Oh Jea! *cries* I'm sooo sorry!!! in my defense, I'd just like to say that I’m still adjusting to my new and not-so-improved work schedule. But I'm planning to get all caught up on Saturday....You know I love this story soooo much and I wouldn’t' t have missed feedbacking under any other conditions.....

Saturday....I promise. :x

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great Update!!! Cant wait to see what happens at the birthday party those girls are so cute! Cant wait to read more! Please continue!

Peace Out
Erin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Jeanne
I've been away for a few days (visiting family in Canberra during the school holidays) and it was so nice to get home and find TRD had been updated.

Another lovely celebration of family from you in this update. Those girls sure know how to party. What a birthday they're having, and what a treat for W&T to watch them.

Anne
p.s. Love your new avatar - great pix!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:59 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

No gasping this time because I'm all melty with the cuteness. The haircuts, braiding ... aww.
Quote:
Julia became bored. Her boredom didn’t last long however, as she soon discovered that her stool was on wheels and she instantly began to push herself along the hardwood floor and spin the stool around as fast as possible.

and
Quote:
“Can I sweep up all the hair?” Lydia asked as she slid off her stool and walked over to where she had spied a dust pan and brush earlier.

Wow, they're as different as night and day!

And how about the beautiful angel dresses ... aww again. I'm sure all the family will treasure the pictures taken in the studio. What a birthday they're having. :applause :applause :applause

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:06 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Okay. I am now back and ready to leave feedbacky goodness.

first! yay! I have two updates to comment on!! (i guess it really does pay to slack off eh? :lol )

first......

Quote:
It was early on a Saturday morning, the sun had only just begun it’s ascent over the tree-tops, and Willow was just returning from the bathroom to her bed, an affectionate, adoring smile lighting up her face as she took in the sight of her still sleeping lover.

I love the imagery...with the sun rising slowly above the tree-tops setting the leaves in back-lit radiance (okay...so I added that last bit myself, but those are the images you conjured in my brain with your wonderfully written words.) I could so see the smile on Willow's face as she gazed at Tara.......

Quote:
pulling the neck of the top down to reveal the gentle slope of her swollen breast. The waistband of her thin grey cotton shorts

YUM!

Quote:
One of the rising sun’s beams broke in through the window and danced mischievously across Tara’s sleeping face. She raised her arm gracefully to shield her eyes from the offending light, causing the lace trim of her top to fall a little further, and Willow could no longer control her desire to be gently touching and kissing the goddess who lay before her. She slowly crawled into bed and placed gentle, butterfly kisses to Tara’s squeezed shut eyelashes.

that way hands down the most beautiful paragraph I have ever read....it was so full of everything; imagry, warmth and desire.....

Quote:
“It’s the sun baby; I can’t turn off the sun.”

*sigh*

and I just loved how Willow and Tara shared in the moment of their baby kicking inside Tara.....that was so "real" and you really painted a warm (am I using that word too much...?) loving picture of the two of them with their hands on Tara's stomach marveling in the fact that their daughter is indeed inside there, responding to the love she feels between her Mommies... *sigh* beautiful.....

awwww....and lydie and Jules saying good-morning to Eleanor was just.....Awwwww

And it was too funny that the girls wanted presents for breakfast...that's a six-year old for ya.... lol! That reminds me of something one of my babies said yesterday. Morgan (he's four) came into the kitchen where I was about to make he and his twin sister lunch. I asked him what he wanted for lunch and he said "Juice" (okay....so maybe that was only a funny story to me because he's my baby.... :lol )

anyway............back on topic here......The whole birthday gift scene was great. you really captured a child’s enthusiasm for presents and shiny paper.... (I threw the shiny paper bit in myself)

Okay.....so I've always wanted to ask this (and by always as soon as I finished the update) What exactly is Porridge? is it like oatmeal or cream of wheat? and why do the three bears like it so much that they would get so irritated when goldilocks came along and ate it all up? *breathe, breathe* :-D

Jules and Lydie were so cute getting their hair cut and it was really a wonderful opportunity to highlight the differences in their personalities. (which you did a marvelous job of)

and then they got their pictures taken... :x

I can't wait for the next update sweetie....this is such a heartwarming tale...(I think I'll spend today reading the whole story over again...)

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:09 am 
28. Com...plete

yay, update! :flower
they're so cute!!!
tara's right, they don't need any costumes to be angels!!!
plz update soon, their b-day party sounds fun!:)

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:45 am 
23. Volumey Text

I'm still really enjoying this story. :applause

The twins' birthday has been fun to read and I'm looking forward to the last part.

The blessing that WIllow and Tara are planning sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:04 am 
8. Vixen

I can't believe I missed an update and I didn't realize till now!!
What kind of kitten am I??? *frowns and scratches head*
Anyway, it was an overdose of the twins' sweetness, and I loved it.
Everytime I read your story it makes me wanna have a whole bunch of little kids running around the house and stuff...lol.
You bring out the maternal instinct in me, lmao. Although some may think it doesn't even exist.
Thanks for the update. :flower

K.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:20 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Okay, so during the past couple days I have read this entire story again. At first I thought that reading it again would give me something to do while waiting for you to update....and it worked....for a little while...but now that I have finished, I'm more impatient then ever for an update! I really super duper want one a whole lot Jea...Please?

*sigh*

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:21 pm 
19. Yummy Face

the wonderfully sweet Emms wrote:
I'm more impatient then ever for an update! I really super duper want one a whole lot Jea...Please?

Sweetie, it means so much that you're looking forward to an update so much, & I must just say a huge WOW!!! that you've actually read the whole story again.

Unfortunately, I've been suffering terrible writers block, every time I open MS Word I instantly feel like I've hit a brick wall. I am gonna try to work on an update, but, I'm very sorry to say, that it might take me a while, so I can't promise that it'll be ready any time soon.

I'm so very sorry to keep everyone who is reading my little story waiting.
On the plus side, Lydie & Jules are very happy to be having an extended birthday & they both keep insisting that there's absolutely no rush to get it finished - lol.

Before I go, I'd just like to take this time to say thank you to everyone for reading & leaving feedback (I'll do individual replies when I post the update).
Thank you all for your patience & thank you Emms for your constant support & encourgement.

Hugs
Jeanne

Last edited by kindagay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Although I've read your story a couple of times, it never gets dull or boring, your style of writing is very enthralling, it draws me deeper into it every time I read it. I look foreward to an update soon, hopefully with lots of w/t goodness in it. Keep up the good work.

Becca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:04 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi Jeanne. I'm so glad to see you back. This is one of the cutest stories of all times. Can't wait to get more birthday party goodness.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:34 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow i just read the whole story and i love it i can't wait to read more so please update soon

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

ok I have read this board almost twice and I am still finding story I am just now reading THIS IS A GREAT STORY AND IT SHOULD BE FINISHED PLEEEEEEESSSSSEEEEEE UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause :balloons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next