The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pacific Tides
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:39 pm 
Who keeps changing the channel?!? I want more Winna!

The haunted house story is getting interresting too, but I figure Alec's going to be keeping our girls apart for a while. Oh, and The Big Rainbow House was really funny.

--

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit." -- "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:02 pm 
O man, what is worng with that man huh.

It's really sad when people can only think of business and money, yuk.

I hope Rosalyn will take a stand and by doing so that she will find the love of her life!!!

R.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:05 pm 
that lousy son of a.....grrr. you said it, ange04....sperm doner, that's it.. (I had a subscription but cancelled cuz it was too much for me to even bother...)

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

"I've become really protective of her. I want to make sure if Tara comes back, it's for good reason." -Amber Benson
Tara ate her, devoured her from beneath. -The Edge of Silence giving new meaning to this season's catch phrase.
"Got it: that's a 'yes' to petals; a 'no' to pricks. I should remember that more often." -On Second Thought

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:39 pm 
Ooooh, nasty, nasty man. I hope Roselyn gets all good and messed up in it. Lovely chapter, chica!

And mucho kudos for naming the dog Beezley. :)

"We've got the only librarian who can rip off your arm with his leg. People respect that." - Terry Pratchett

Edited by: LeatherQueen at: 12/19/02 12:40:47 pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:06 pm 
"She was going to go back to the ranch. She was going to apologize to them…and she was going to get herself very much MIXED up in it." - that was CLASSIC - enjoyed this immensely!! You know that it is a true sign of a Demon MAster to have platinum golfing awards - they don't get them for the golfing you know.

Oh Mistress of the television **** I want Smoochies****

(down on bended knee) - please?

As for cable I am willing to pay - you name it - I'm there:grin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:14 pm 
Mollyig…Thank You! I was wanting there to be a little bit of history there between Rosey and her father…it seemed so….bleh the first time I thought about it last night…but then it just picked up steam…(hee)

Ange04…Your post made me sad….and then laugh like a loon at the same time. I call mine a sperm donor too…once to his face when I met him (adopted…remember) Oh my goodness! Happy Birthday Twinkie! Look at you…all growed up…(sniffles)

Darkmagicwillow…I’m sure Winna will be back soon. I’m glad you like her. Let’s see what kind of trouble she can drum up…heh.

Grimlock72…Dad is certainly an obstacle here. I don’t know any Dad’s THAT intrinsically evil…but it seemed to suit him. He’s kind of my Darth Vader but without the redeemable qualities.

TareBearRS…I like the way you think. The love of her life is RIGHT THERE! On the beach!

Tkheaven…LOL TK. I hear you! Sometimes a subscription is more than they lead you to believe…it becomes a commitment…and then what are you left with? Recycling…that’s what…

LeatherQueen…Beezley…you liked that…huh? I had an obscure reference. You know what it is? You probably do since you ARE me.

Dekalog…I am so glad you enjoyed this one. It came to me this morning in the shower (weird place…I know) I had to jump out and scribble it down on some paper…and it was COLD….gosh…the things I do in the name of art…) Okay…not so much art as pulp fic. As for cable access…it will be up soon. I want to establish some basic channels and then cancel some shows that are getting the ratings first…actually…you all will be helping me with that pretty soon too.

Mistress of Television….I like that.

Stayed tuned for the SO-REAL network and a special showing of Nine West…

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:25 pm 
:punch :smash

that's what rosie and kali are gonna do to the state certified son-of-a-bitch! (yeah, I had so many of those issues piled up I cancelled the subscription...and used the rest as fodder for full-moon-bonfires-with-naked-gay-skinnydipping!)

what stuck with me most from this scene was rosie's moment of panic/ickiness when she realized that she could see her father in herself, and what that meant in terms of the potential for being pulled to the "dark side..." I totally get that, and oh man would the nerds have loved it :spin but no w/t goodness! I understand the need for setup, but let's git along, little doggies! (that was me getting ready for nine west.) eagerly anticipating SO-REAL, things were getting pretty sexy before those dumb boys showed up... and looking forward to your email, chica!!

--jenny

Cordy: I personally don't think it's possible to come up with

a crazier plan.

Oz: We attack the mayor with hummus.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:34 pm 
cool update :)

Roselyn's father is such an ass, i really hope he gets taken down a notch. i liked the description of Roselyn's rage towards her father.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!
"I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?"

Post subject: SO-REAL
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:06 pm 
The SO-REAL Network

Oak Ave, CA

Episode 1: Part 3

Alec sat on the edge of Tara’s bed, rubbing at the back of his neck in a dazed stupor.

He looked up at the closed bedroom door with a vast expression. His face was still two shades paler than usual, and his lip quivered. The time he had spent on the area rug had left a woven pattern on one side of his face. He looked about a “boo” shy of attaching himself to the bedroom ceiling. He reached up with a quivering hand and brushed his thin bangs out of his face.

“I was headed down the hall…you know…to go downstairs and get something to drink…and I heard this NOISE…at the other end of the hall. It was pretty dark…and the light were dim and flickering…and I saw her there…at the top of the stairs…At first I thought it was one of you guys…so I started walking towards her…and then I got this FEELING…that I should stop…and I did…and when I took a better look I realized that something wasn’t right. She was wearing a long white nightgown….she was so pale…and wringing WET…like she had been out in the rain…only it’s NOT raining outside right now….and in her hand was a short…black stick… and she started towards me with it…”

Tara glanced up from Alec to Willow.

Was she buying into this???

The White Room Willow is sitting in the chair…shaking her head…

Willow:: “ I wasn’t buying it. He was lying…about something…maybe not the ghost-thing…because he was definitely not exaggerating being THAT scared…Plus… from what I recall…he has absolutely NO imagination…none what-so-ever… not even enough to lie about a scary ghost woman in white. Something didn’t ring true to his story. Something was very off…”

The White Room- Later

Alec sits fidgeting in the chair.

Alec: “ Okay…I just wanted to see where she was going. It wasn’t like I was stalking her, or anything. I mean…where would she be running to with her eyes closed…and candles in both hands…and cloud pants on? I just happened to be outside her door so I followed her…When she went into Tara’s room I thought they were going to have a slumber party… you know…like girls do in the movies… and that generally means that boys are not invited…so I hung around for a little while to make sure everything was…okay…and then headed back to my room. Then Tustin came out of nowhere and surprised me…I ducked into a little telephone nook to avoid him seeing me…and that’s when I saw her...Dripping wet…pointing at me…Her lips were moving…like she wanted to say something…but I was already running the other way…”

Tara’s Room

“You big, fat, liar…were you peeking through the keyhole at the girls, weren’t you???” Tustin asked bluntly. He was leering at Alec with something akin to the pride of a demented father.

Alec swiveled his head to stare at Tustin…eyes wide.

“ I did…NOT.” He said in a shocked whisper. Tustin slapped his leg.

“ You were! “ He hooted.

Alec’s ears were turning red. He blustered and looked away.

“ How would you know???” He bawled like a mad duck stuck in the throat of a braying donkey.

Tustin leaned back on the bed.

“ Because it’s something I would have done…” He drawled.

“ You would have?” Alec said…hopefully.

“ Back when I was twelve…sure…it was the only way I got to look at pretty girls…” He said, winking at Tara…who rolled her eyes away from him.

Willow’s brow drew together slightly.

“ Don’t you ever let up?” She snapped directly at Tustin before she realized what she was doing.

Tara looked at her.

Is she jealous?

They stared at one another for a long moment.

(Well…what do you know…. I think everyone else needs to leave this room….RIGHT NOW…not…you…except you…you are staying, Ms. Rossman…)

Tara turned her attention back to the people in her room…

“ Okay…here’s the deal, you two…………GET….. OUT….” She said stoically.

“ What???” Alec and Tustin asked simultaneously shocked.

“ Out there? In the hall? With the ghost? Alec squeaked.

“ Out there…In the hall… with the ghost…” Tara said…walking to the door…phantoms be damned.

“You are really kicking us out?” Tustin asked…incredulous that his powers of manly goodness hadn’t made even the slightest dent in her resolve.

Tara turned the knob.

“ I’m really kicking you out.” She said, pulling open the door to emphasize the point.

The ghost…dripping…and pale…. was standing in the doorway… hand raised…

Waiting for an opportunity such as this.

Commercial

Prepare your clickers and cast your votes. Remember this is for the next three…so choose wisely…what would you like to see?

A special presentation of Nine West is going to be up soon…

Your Channels:

Television Guide:

Channel Two: The Living Woman Network

Channel Three: The SO-REAL Network

Channel Four: Must Flee T.V.

Channel Five: Pacific Tides Television

Channel Six: Flashbackland

Channel Seven: Futopia Channel

Channel Eight: Children’s Broadcast Station

Channel Nine: Nine West

Stay tuned!

Post subject: Re: SO-REAL
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:48 pm 
Okay, now you've got me sucked into SO-REAL. It's just like when I was reading If on a Winter's Night a Traveller.... He'd pull me in every damn time, and never finish a story. You're even worse as you torment us each time by getting so close to W&T being together...

--

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit." -- "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:01 pm 
Well........I originally voted for "Flashbackland", and now you've gone and made me curious about So-Real!

Either one, and hurry?:grin

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:11 pm 
1) Futopia

2) So Real

3) Living Women Network

God, these updates have been so awesome!! Thank you so much for the fic :)

-Will

"I think finding her soulmate would have made Tara a more confident and secure person" -Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:21 pm 
ACK! hanging off the cliff MUCH?? SO REAL, SO REAL, SO REAL...err, umm, I need The Living Women..oh geez such decisions...

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

"I've become really protective of her. I want to make sure if Tara comes back, it's for good reason." -Amber Benson
Tara ate her, devoured her from beneath. -The Edge of Silence giving new meaning to this season's catch phrase.
"Got it: that's a 'yes' to petals; a 'no' to pricks. I should remember that more often." -On Second Thought

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:42 pm 
AAAACK!:eek

you. are. a. tease.

even my cat agrees. (actually I think he's just trying to get my attention by sprawling across the keyboard...either that, or he's trying to type me a secret message about how to get rid of unwanted drippy-ghosts and horny guys...)

my votes!

1) SO-REAL (I'm beyond hooked now)

2) futopia

3) the children's network! (I wanna see muppet willow)

...I'm not voting for nine-west, cuz you said it'd be next anyway. gotta stretch those votes!

--jenny

edited cuz my cat can't type

Cordy: I personally don't think it's possible to come up with

a crazier plan.

Oz: We attack the mayor with hummus.

Edited by: JewWitch18 at: 12/20/02 5:44:23 pm

Post subject: Votes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:27 am 
(1 So Real

(2 Pacific Tides

(3 Living Woman

I love this. Have I mentioned that I love this?

I love this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:54 am 
Woo hoo. She's kicking them out. Is it just me, or is Alec a moron. Okay, not as bad as Tustin, but still. Ahhhh! to the scary ghost lady. That's just frightening. Either way, Tara should shove the guys out in the hall to deal with that while she shuts the door quickly and goes back to Willow.

Thanks for clearing up the misundertanding I had about the Chevy Malibu. I totally get it now. That is a kick ass car. Although personally I'd go with the '63 Impala. But still, great car selection.

My votes:

1. The Living Woman Network

2. Must Flee T.V.

3. The SO-REAL Network

Sarah

You can stomp my ass into obvlivion, but that doesn't mean I'll put up with your shit. There are a million fine looking women in the world dude, but not all of them bring you lasagna to work. Most of them just cheat on you.

Edited by: unionjill30 at: 12/20/02 11:55:13 pm

Post subject: channel selection
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:50 am 
believe it or not, i'm not voting for pacific tides. giving myself a break from my not so subtle hostilities towards sperm donors. bring on channel six: flashbackland. what can is say? i'm old(er).

awesome update, chica. you seem to give us these amazing views -- from all these friggin' CLIFFS! what's up with that?

twinkie

Post subject: Re: channel selection
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:26 am 
Hmm... at least Tustin is straight forward, Alec is cowardly sneaking around and peeking through key-holes. Don't know which one to like least, can I dislike both ?? :)

Channel selection, Nine West is coming up anyway... is that a slot of the three already or can I cheat and thus get four channels ?? (hey I can try:) ). Need an intro for Must Flee T.V. as well, not even a clue what thats about.

Still, Willow in horsey-land.... sounds strange :D

My selection for today (heh) :

1. Living Woman Network

2. Utopia Channel

3. Pacific Tides Television

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:38 pm 
Omg!! I love this!! I really want to smack Tustin upside the head though. Don't you hate it when guys don't get a clue and walk away? I pick channel eight by the way. I still crack up cause I have the little song playing in my head.

=LeiLa=

Favorite Gadgets:: Handcuffs, Ice cream, Chocolate syrup, Whip cream, Cherries.

Hehehe spoon anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:08 pm 
Willow and Tustin being able to see through Alec; bless him, he's quite the predictable one dimensional character isn't he? Snigger.

Typical that just when Tara gets all resolute and large with the butch, kicking out the intrusive boys, the ghost appears.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:04 pm 
I've yet to register any votes yet but finally cannot resist! Yours are so much better than the offerings on the real...ahem...boob tube :party Here goes:

1) Futopia

2) Pacific Tides

3) SO-Real

Whatever's next...consider me a happy couch potato glued to this set. :eek

~~~Suse

Post subject: votes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:02 am 
mmm...

Futopia

Living Women Network

So Real.

I'm all about it.

M.

Post subject: Re: votes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:37 am 
loved the update :)

i really hope the ghost takes care of Alec and Tustin so Willow and Tara can have some alone time :grin

here's my vote:

Futopia Channel

Childrens Brodcast Station

Pacific Tides

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:26 pm 
It looks like The SO-REAL Network is first…followed by our friend Winna Gunn coming in a close second…and Living Woman Network bringing up the rear…Great Voting !

I’ll be tossing Nine West in the middle somewhere…that way I don’t hold up the scheduled events while I’m trying to think of a plot…

Darkmagicwillow… That you would even set me in the same sentence as Calvino is a great honor indeed. Thank You very much…and I’ll try not to disappoint by ending your torment some time soon (note I didn’t say next…because…well…I can’t end your suffering just yet.)

Barnabasvamp…Thank you for voting! I’m sure that soon…you will all band together to see Flashback land….and I will have a hay-day writing it!

Willntlover…Thank You soooo much for voting…and thank you for the wonderful compliment!

Tkheaven…Am I the Queen of the Cliffs yet…what with like…SIX or more stories dangling off the edge? (hee)

JewWitch18…Oh holy moly…your CAT agrees??? Your cat is a fan??? I am sooo happy right now…you don’t even know. I have been trying to break into the cat market for ages! Tell your cat I’m thinking about a fic…just for cats in the near future.

BigDummy…Thank you for your participation! If you like what I’m doing…then all the more reason to write…

Unionjill30…oh…yeah…the ’63 Impala is a machine of beauty. My sister has a black one…so I thought I would go with a sexy car (that didn’t remind me of my sister) heh.

Ange04…It’s possible that I am standing on a plateau…surrounded on all sides by perilous cliffs…and I just wanted you to share the fun.

Grimlock72…Actually…I am going to cheat and give you the four. Nine West will fall in line….but it’s a tough one to write…so it won’t come first. Now…as for Must Flee TV…I’m guessing it is going to be something of a FRIENDS meet CHARMED kind of thing. Hope that helps.

Leila DeRange…I love that you have the music stuck in your head. Don’t stop voting for it…cuz I too want to see what happens. So glad to have you on the Children’s Broadcast Network bandwagon!

Mollyig…I love my one dimensional characters. They keep things simple and strangely fun (at least for me) As for the comment about the ghost…heh…you know my devices very well, Dear.

Cindy Lou Who…boob tube….heh…I like that. Nuff said. Stay glued, My little couch Potato.

Chance…I think you just set a record for sentence brevity with maximum impact. Very impressive. I’m all about it…heh…I like that.

Grimaldi…yes…and as you will see…there are going to be ISSUES with the ghost…wait and see…

Stay tuned for the So-Real Network!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:47 am 
Oh...again with the double post...oh well...

Channel Three: The SO-REAL Network

“Oak Avenue, CA”

Episode one: Part Four

“ Did you guys know that there’s a pool up on the roof of this place?” Meagan Silver said from the hallway. She stood there in the hallway dripping in her white night gown…holding her oboe out so that they could all see that this was a moment wrought with tragedy.

“ Meagan! For the love of Heaven and all that is holy! What are you doing?” Alec shrieked…still holding a hand over his heart …possibly to keep it behind his ribs.

“ I went up there to practice where all that creaking and clanking wouldn’t disturb me…and fell in the water. I think my oboe is ruined. It hit the side of the pool.” She said.

“ There’s your ghost Alec.” Tustin said…looking a little peckish around the gills himself.

Instead of two boys exiting the room…a wet musician let herself in. Tara let out an audible gelp of displeasure.

“ Do you have a towel?” Tara walked reluctantly over to her closet and took out a folded towel. She handed it to the girl who set her injured instrument aside and immediately started to dry her dark hair.

The White Room

Tara is rubbing her temples in slow circular motions.

Tara: “ I don’t know what got into me. I wanted them all OUT. I wanted to…you know…finish what we started…with the…the (makes a motion to her lips) Willow…Mouth thing. Then my whole room is filled with these people…and I didn’t know what to say…For the first time in my entire life…I felt like I wanted to be…RUDE…”

“ So Meagan was your ghost?” Willow said…sitting down heavily on the bed…visibly giving up… or so it looked.

“ I don’t know…I don’t THINK so..” Alec hedged.

“ Come on, Keyhole…a wet woman carrying a big black stick? Could this BE more HER???” Tustin scoffed.

“ Don’t call me keyhole…” Alec moaned…already embarrassed to the hilt. He looked at Meagan. “ I…I don’t think it was her...”

“ Why?” Willow asked wearily…getting information out of Alec was like…reverse torture. Hers.

“ Because the ghost was paler…” He started.

“ Trick of the light.” Tustin helped.

“ And well…taller….”

“ You were running away…and she was probably standing on a step…” Tara said…walking over to stand by the door. (Hinting much?)

Alec, peered at the musician for a moment.

“ Does it make a difference that the ghost was a blond?” He said finally.

The lights flickered…as if on cue…. actually…RIGHT on cue.

A grating scream pealed through the house…shaking the walls on its foundation…rattling windows, and causing the door to jitter loudly, like a nervous skeleton, in its frame.

Everyone stood stock-still for several seconds.

“ What in the HELL was THAT???” Tustin demanded of the entire room.

“ The Ghost! I told you! There’s a fricken ghost out there and she wants ME!!” Alec swooned.

“ Please…if there’s a ghost out there…and it’s a woman…then she probably DOESN’T want you.” Tustin furled.

“ It’s probably…nothing…the wind …or something…so…Get Out.” Tara said reasonably…opening the door.

“ It’s the OR SOMETHING possibility that worries me.” Tustin said back… responding by moving farther away from the door.

“ So you’re NOT going to leave my room?” Tara stared at him incredulously…almost as though she couldn’t understand why they were all shrinking back into the corner of the room and digging in their heels.

“ Did you HEAR that scream? It didn’t sound like the WIND!!!” Alec said…joining Tustin in the retreat.

“ Then we should go and check it out.” Tara said pointedly. “ You know…split up into teams.”

“ Are you crazy? Didn’t you ever watch ANY movies where people go off in search of the scary noise and die off one by one?” Alec asked. Tara blinked at him.

“ I wasn’t a big TV person growing up. I’m telling you…there’s a window open somewhere…and the wind is making that noise. I’ve heard it before…now are you going to come with me?” Tara put her hands on her hips…She looked at each of them in turn…eyes finally resting on Willow.

Willow looked torn between cowering with the rest of them…and following Tara…well…ANYWHERE…

The White Room

Willow sits with her hands on her knees. Her cheeks are flushed.

Willow: “ I had a choice. Staying there in the room with the rest of them…or going with Tara. Sure…we would be out there looking for the source of a seriously scary sound….a possible Scooby Doo scare-fest…a haunting…some major poltergeisty stuff…(she leans back) But then there is the total potential for some major covert necking… I had a choice. It was mine to make…total safety…or possible death…dismemberment…and kissage. ( Willow suddenly smiles broadly) Well…a girl’s gotta go sometime…”

Tara’s Room

“ Okay…let’s go check out the big scary noise...” Willow said...moving over to stand beside Tara.

“ We’ll be back.” Tara said to the rest of the hunkering group.

And without so much as a by or leave…they left.

Commercial

Stay tuned for a slice of the Old West... and then a slice of the FUTURE West....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:21 pm 
hurray hurray hurray update update!!!!

I've been covertly sneaking away from the family all christmas to check for an update and, hurray!!

I love the so real network. I want cable access so I can watch it 24 hours.

I loved Willow and Tara in the diary room.

I wanted to…you know…finish what we started…with the…the (makes a motion to her lips) Willow…Mouth thing.

So sweet.

But I also love Winna Gunn, so more more more. Winna is disturbingly sexy. Cool.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:50 pm 
mele belated kalikimaka chica! thanks for the update! i'm hoping for some covert or even blatantly obvious necking very soon. i hope you had a wonderful christmas! you know how the weather was here, if you caught the game on espn.

twinkie

Post subject: Dusty Trails
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:37 am 
First off, I would like to graciously thank JewWitch18 for her experienced assistance with all matters horse in this next installment.

Jaycatt23...I hope sneaking away from the folks was worth it. Winna Gunn will be darkening your page right after this brief excerpt.

Twinkie...Mele Kalikimaka to you! I sadky was a bit ill and couldn't watch the game. As for the necking...I think it will be coming up soon...Thanks for watching!

And now... a little bit of the West...

Channel Nine: Nine West

Episode One of: The Wraith

It was one of those nights.

The kind with the sky so clear you think you can see forever, and the air so hot that it seemed to be coming up from the Earth’s very core. It made it hard to breathe…hard to sleep…and hard to stay out of places like Tall Water…the town of a thousand saloons and a million wrong things to put your hands to.

The main attraction…The Tall Water Hotel and Saloon.

Never stood a place that teemed with so much sin. It was well known that every soul inside The Tall Water was either running from something…or the something that was there to catch them. It was a vicious cycle of life that repeated itself each night…and frankly…Wynne ‘Wy” Rose was sick of it. She wanted out of Tall Water…she wanted out of there so badly that she was willing to give up everything she believed kept her going all these years. Vengeance…hate…and retribution. She was finally ready to give all of it up for one fast moving coach out of this hellhole.

She wiped a bead of perspiration away from her brow with the back of her delicate hand. She smoothed back her red hair as the doors to the saloon opened.

Wy had never before believed in the divine. She thought that fate belonged to the kind of people that were weak… letting the wind blow them wherever it wished. Wy had always been certain that you made your own way in this world…and there were some…some that were put on this Earth to unmake them with a gun and a belly full of hate.

But tonight…as she contemplated leaving Tall Water and shirking her responsibility to her parents…to her brother…to her sister… the only person who understood her…the other half of her…the better half she sometimes thought…

As she stood there…thinking these things…

He walked through the doors.

He pushed them open with his filthy hands.

He took off his hat and brushed it across his pants... emitting puffs of dust…

He scanned the bar room with eyes as dark as two black glass beads…looking for trouble… as he was prone to do.

The entire room continued about their business.

Men played poker...laughing…drinking… bar girls invited men up the stairs to more ‘private’ quarters. A stranger ,who had come in earlier in the evening and ordered a bottle of whiskey to be delivered a darkened corner of the bar…seemed to sleep peacefully…one boot propped up on the table and the hat pulled down…bottle half empty.

The piano didn’t miss an ill-tuned note.

No one seemed shaken…except Wy.

She had often wondered…no… fantasized…about how she would react when Rue Gillis came back into her life. Would she kill him right where he stood? Would she run?

She stood against the bar…she didn’t move…even when he swung his beady gaze her way…and smiled.

( Oh Dear God…he knows who you are…run…RUN….)

But her legs would not move. And her hands clenched the bar to keep her there.

He looked her up and down…still smiling… and walked up to her with heavy…un-sure steps…

“ You look good enough to drink” He slurred.

Drunk. He was drunk, and he had no idea who she was.

Of course he wouldn’t recognize her…she was a woman now…not an eight year old girl.

All of these years…she had been waiting for him to walk into her life…and here he was…drunk…and making a pass at her.

Her stomach turned…even before she spoke.

“ You look like a man who likes to do his drinkin’ in bed.” She said…releasing her death-grip on the bar to touch his arm suggestively.

Now she was certain she would vomit. Her mouth watered dangerously. Her stomach churned…her vision swam…she swallowed hard.

“ Lead the way, Honey…I’m thirsty as hell...” He bleared at her…leaning in to kiss her throat. She made a deft move out of the way and towards the stairs before he made contact.

She led him up the stairs…hoping that he wouldn’t stumble, fall, and break his neck before she had the chance to shoot him.

She led him to the farthest room…she would need time to slip down the back stairs once they heard the shots.

She opened the door and let him go inside first. She moved inside and shut the door.

“ Lay down on the bed.” She said with a surprisingly steady voice. Chuckling drunkenly…he sat down heavily on the bed and kicked at the heels of his boots…trying to get them off while he worked at his gun belt.

She watched him do this with the steely eye of a hawk watching a tired rabbit.

( You had always imagined this part to take a long time…when you had him where you wanted him…when you made him beg for his life…)

He dropped his guns at the side of the bed and looked up at her…sweaty and huffing from the mental and physical energy expended working at his boots and belt simultaneously.

“ Are you going to take that dress off?” He puffed. Wy blinked at him. She unbuttoned the collar of her dress…and unfixed the rest of them down to the midriff. She shrugged the dress from her shoulders…and let it fall around her feet in a pool of red material. She stepped out of it…and over to the bed where she knelt on the edge…

“ Do you remember me, Gillis?” She asked, reaching up and working on the front laces of her corset. The Pepperbox was nestled warmly against her flesh beneath it. It was small…but at such a close range…it would do its job. She had only to get it free. Four laces down a corset is known to be a safer spot than the vault at the bank.

His brow furrowed.

“ I know you?” He slurred. Even in his drunken state his killer’s instinct allowed him a wary expression. The fact might have been that there were few people that knew him and lived to reminisce with him later on.

Wy worked out the second lace…almost there.

“ Oh…I would have only been eight or so at the time…small ranch outside of Kasdan…a few chickens…a couple of mangy cows…a family…” She said…working free the third loop. “ You shot them…all of them…all of us…”

Wy would show him the scar…the scar where the bullet had nearly taken her life as well. Over that scar she carried the gun that she would kill him with…all of these years…all of this time…and here he was…sitting there with his eyes widening…the pallor washing out of his face.

“ And what did you get for killing a family, Gillis? What kind of treasures did you find there? Why…only a watch…and a few dollars…”

She was glad that he seemed to show fear…the same fear her family had felt…she had felt…

The fourth lace slid free…She felt the material loosen around the gun…just beside her heart…

It was at this moment that she realized his gaze was not fixed on her exactly…that he was looking just over her shoulder…eyes wide…

And then the discreet groan of a wooden floorboard behind her.

An arm slipped over her shoulder. A warm hand moved to her gun before she could. She felt it graze her skin as it was pulled free.

She swung around and found herself face to face with the stranger who had apparently NOT been sleeping off a bottle of rotgut downstairs.

And as this registered with Wy…she realized that he was also NOT a he.

“She” had set her hat on the small table near the door. Her hair in the lamplight was the color of rich amber. She was wearing light brown leather riding chaps over her pants, and a matching cropped jacket and boots. She had Wy’s tiny four-barreled pistol in one hand…and a glistening silver Colt revolver in the other…aimed not at Wy…but at the man on the bed.

She held up the Pepperbox and raised a brow at Wy.

“ You planning on infecting him to death with this?” She asked…seeming to enjoy her own humor.

“ W-who are you?” Wy asked...raising her hands slowly.

“Put your hands down…for God’s sake.” She said softly. “ I came for him.”

“ He’s mine.” Wy said defensively. She pulled her hands down regardless.

“ Oh…well if you’re that hard up for a man…I’ll wait until you’re done.” She said walking over and pulling a chair closer to the bed. She sat down…crossed her legs…and looked poised to wait patiently.

Wy reddened.

“ I don’t mean it like THAT…I mean I’m going to kill him. “ She said…knowing full well that even that sounded a bit off to the normal ear.

Rue Gillis had begun to snivel.

“ Shut up, Gillis you egg-sucker.” The blond said to him. He did. “ I can’t let you kill him.” She said to Wy, still seated…gun still leveled off at him.

“ What?” Wy yelped.

“ I need him alive. He’s my messenger.” She said.

“ I’m your messenger?” Rue blubbered…gratefully…(no one shoots a messenger…right?)

“ I want you to tell Jas that I’m looking for him. Tell him I’m being paid a pretty fee to bring him back…and that my benefactors didn’t specify whether or not they would like him dead or alive…and he knows my preference…” She stuffed the Pepperbox into her belt line. “ Now get up and put on your boots…and leave town before I change my mind and decide to tell him myself…which means I would have no use for you.”

Gillis rolled off the bed and grabbed for his boots. He started to shoot a look at his belt on the floor.

“ Don’t even look at your guns…” She said evenly.

“ You can’t just let him go!” Wy shouted, furious.

“ T-thank you…Maclay….Thank you…” Gillis sputtered…suddenly extremely sober and in a hurry to depart. He slammed open the door and disappeared into the hall.

“ You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this!!! You couldn’t know!” Wy shouted again…coming off the bed.

“ Don’t worry. You can kill him when I’m done.” She stood up. The two women looked at each other for a long moment.

“ He killed…” She started.

“ Shh.” The blond cut her off. “ Two more minutes and he’ll be on his horse...” She stood in the room staring up at the ceiling as though waiting for a sign from God.

“ That man murdered my family…and you just let him go…just like that…” Wy snapped. The blond finally looked down. She bent down and picked up the red dress on the floor.

“ Put your clothes on. That man is a killer…but he’s also a moron. He’ll lead me right to Jas…and then you can Pepperbox him all you want…”

She looked Wy over slowly.

“ Or whatever it was you were going to do him to death with…”

“ Very funny.” Wy muttered, slipping back into the dress. “ Why should I even trust you?”

“ I’ll give you my word if it helps.”

“ It won’t.” Wy grumbled.

“ I’m Treena Maclay, and I swear you can kill him when he leads us to Jas. Now we have to go or we’ll lose him.” She said seriously, taking her hat from the table, and walking into the hall.

Wy followed her down the back stairs and into the hot night air.

Rue Gillis was not in sight.

“ We lost him.” Wy said despairingly. Treena put on her hat.

“ He’s not lost. We’ll catch up to him.” Treena said, sounding very sure of herself.

“How?” Wy asked even as Treena stepped her left boot into the stirrup of a nearby horse and hoisted herself up and into the saddle.

“ You’ll ride with me. Give me your hand.” She said.

Wy looked up into the large brown eyes of the animal before her. It nickered and gave a slight jerk of its massive head as if acknowledging the second passenger.

“ Like hell…” Wy hissed, backing slowly away…her heart thrumming a mile a minute… She rubbed her arms as if she were checking for all of her limbs.”… am I going to get on a…a HORSE!”

Commercial

Stay tuned for a bit of the future next!

“Women can't be gay. Because if men were gay and women were gay they'd cancel each other out.” – Danny on Soap

Post subject: Re: Dusty Trails
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:04 am 
Woo Hoo! Nine West. And amazingly, nothing to do with shoes whatsoever. I'll just have to go buy a new pair today to make up for the lack of shoes here.

Treena has quite the sense of humor I see. I can't wait to see why she wants Jas so bad.

I loved The So-Real Network update. Heavens no, Tara actually wanted to be... rude? Has hell gone and frozen over? I am hoping, though, that the prospect of necking in a scary old house doesn't lead to dismemberment. That would just be upsetting.

I hope you bring us a bit of the future as promised in the near future (my sad attempt at a pun; horrible really).

Sarah

You can stomp my ass into obvlivion, but that doesn't mean I'll put up with your shit. There are a million fine looking women in the world dude, but not all of them bring you lasagna to work. Most of them just cheat on you.

Post subject: Re: Dusty Trails
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:17 pm 
loved the updates :)

Tara saying that for the first time in her life she wanted to be rude to everyone so that they would leave her and Willow alone in her room was funny, as was Willow's comments about going off with Tara alone to check out the ghost.

Nine West was really cool, i like Tara as a bounty hunter or gun for hire.

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next