The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: Vignette Series
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:46 am 
Quote:
"I, uhh … need to, ummm … you're so …with the … Oh, God, Tara kissage."

What she said...

This was such a great idea, Sass! Little random bits of goodness to brighten up any Kitten's day. I can't wait for the next fantabulicious installment of witchy love!

-- Ali

"it's funny what you know and still go on pretending with no good evidence you'll ever see that happy ending..."
"Hope Alone" - Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:43 am 
*scampers through this thread, slinging "tra la la's" all over the place*

Going to bed now, but wishing to wake up to a nice Vignette of yours Sass. :)

---------------------

Tara: "C-can you just be kissing me now?" - in 'Entropy'

Tara: "Its good to be a chicken casserole." -in 'Answering Darkness' By: Sassette

Tara: "Evil's....good." - in 'Seeing Red' (shooting script)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:32 am 
Sass that was really wonderful, it has put a nice happy smile on my face. Thank you :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 11:26 am 
Sass, these were gorgeous, I really loved Willow's thoughts in TIIT, being all obsessed with Tara's lips. Very sensual all the talk of lips and breath on skin.. yeah! Thank you these were lovely.

And my favorite line: A few more tugs and she grinned at her lapful of Willow goodness. "Hi."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:18 pm 
Well dang and here i was so close to getting my toaster< sounds of butch card being shredded>

You said you would take suggestions..... how about Pride on the Hellmouth? The potentail for fun, romace, angast, humor ectt... is way high. hey you could get Ruth to Lend you Joel:laugh

Eddited to add: Humm..... seems I am staking Xita around Pens today:)

T: "I think we can safely say we've lost our Library privileges"

"Final Exam" by: Tommo

Edited by: Karzia at: 5/12/02 11:19:23 am

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:21 pm 
Quote:
seems I am staking Xita around Pens today
OK. I'm putting my foot down here. NO DUSTING XITA. Got that?

Autumn

-----------

Buffy: I could wrestle naked in grease for a living and still be cleaner than after a shift at the Doublemeat.

Willow: Plus, I'd visit you at work every single day. --- "Normal Again" shooting script

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:39 pm 
oh sass... you have reduced me to sitting around with a silly grin on my face. tee hee.... fun! gosh but i do love you... (and ruth and jessan15 and Blue and... well you get the idea.)

Screw the Buffyverse... i like the Sassverse much better. :bounce

Andi

Il est dit, elle me tient.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:05 pm 
If you are going to stake me, please wait till I turn my back ok ? ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:09 pm 
*flings at panty at xita while her back is turned*

sassette, the second story is soooooooo sweet. all babbly yummy willow and just how tender the thoughts are about being in tara's arms... mmm. beautiful.

michele

Post subject: No dusting
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:54 pm 
Autumn.... thats what I get for not lookingmore closley for typos:blush I will not dust dear Xita I ment..... Stalking silly me.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 6:30 pm 
**VampNo12: Thank you ... this was incredibly fun to write after the AD angst-fest *G* The early stages of their relationship really IS fun, and I plan to revisit it many MANY times, as well as later stages, some future stages, and maybe a past life stage or two. Definitely some dream stages, and possible some AU stages. Because, heh - it's my vignette series, and I can darn well do what I want. And I want W/T lovin' 24/7.

**Sela: Oh, yes ... the sort of mish-mash nature of it all is what makes this series possible - the idea that I don't have to keep any sense of coherency between parts. I can, in fact, write two separate parts that completely contradict each other - and that kind of freedom means I can just write whatever pops into my head, and not worry about all the things I agonized over in AD. And thank you - it means a lot to me that my stories have been a bright spot for you.

**willowphile410: Fantabulicious? Okay, now THAT is a great word ;) Thank you! And I'm really >really< glad everyone likes this idea - but then again, why was I worried? Who could possibly not like random bits of witchy lovin'?

**TX: And a 'tra la la' to you, too. Though no vignette today - I just updated AD. That is, unless I suddenly feel like writing more tonight ... which is doubtful, but possible.

**Puff: Good! I'm glad to be spreading smiles across Pens - that being, y'know, the whole point of this little writing exercise. Well, that and writing practice *shrug* You can never practice too much.

**xita: Thank you *G* And how did I know that you'd both catch AND mention that this was set in TIIT? ;) Heh ... I like that line, too ... because how could you not grin at a lapful of Willow goodness? And what says "I love you, and want you so bad that my brain turns to mush every time I look at you" like a simple "Hi."? *G*

**Karzia: LOL ... sorry about the missed toaster opportunity *G* And I'll add pride on the Hellmouth to my list.

**Autumn: *G* I love you.

**bulldog_tidnab: Oooh ... a >silly< grin *G* Excellent! My Evil Plot To Spread Willow/Tara Love In A Joyous Manner Across The Pens Board is all coming together perfectly ... y'know, like W/T do. Oops - did I say that out loud? Heh ... And thank you. Sassverse? *snicker* Boy, that's going to be a confusing 'verse once I start writing the same events as having happened completely differently. *giddy bounce* Is it wrong that I'm having so much fun with this?

**xita: Duly Noted *solemn nodding*

**rocketdyke: Thank you *G* They're both just so darn ... yummy ... I find myself wandering off into these happy tangents about them ... and then typing them up *G* Glad you liked it.

**Karzia: Yes, you're very silly ... but ummm ... if you meant stalking, what's that stake doing in your pocket?

-Sass

I Think The Hellmouth Tastes Like Chicken -- Autumn

Post subject: Re: Fic: Vignette Series/Stakes
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 9:09 pm 
Oh if I were to write what my first thought was i would get sooo censered. No stakes, unless they are good rare Nebraska beef.

Post subject: Re: Fic: Vignette Series/Stakes
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 9:23 pm 
Heh ... I was actually expecting a dirty reply to that one ;)

-Sass

Post subject: too much fun?
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:56 pm 
hmm.... no Sass, i dont think its wrong that you're having so much fun with this. (i only say this since i am having a blast reading these and i dont want to look like a completely BAD person)

and yes, Sassverse. based entirely on the fact that you write it so much better than those who rule the Buffyverse. and you're giving me what i WANT and what i NEED. makes me all tingly. oh the things you do to me Sass! sigh.

Andi

Post subject: Re: too much fun?
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:59 pm 
Care to explain those things to me? Slowly and in detail? With Barry White playing in the background?

-Sass

Don't ask - I'm just in a >way< strange mood. Heh.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:00 am 
Well, you put your left arm in, your left arm out...in out in out and shake it all about...

Oh.

Sorry. You didn't mean that. Ahem. Ignore me.

----------
"Squish. Squish. Squish."

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:03 am 
I loved this last part.

I was out of town for a couple days so it was nice to come home to a new part(even though I have piles upon piles of unfinished homework:( oh well). And a new part with smoochies:grin What more could I ask for.

Well, a certain thing does come to mind:p

Anyway, cant wait for the next part;)

edited to add:Im glad you like my avitar. Those are my favorite pictures of Amber. And yes, she looks wonderful in flannel, and with the pink hair:grin

*****Faye*****See ya later Squidinater

Edited by: fairydust  at: 5/12/02 11:07:03 pm

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:49 am 
Aw that was soo sweet, with the nervousness, the Willowbabble and the Tara kissage.

Lovely!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:37 am 
**tommo: Thank you, oh Big Knowledge Woman ... everything is ... so clear now *G*

**fairydust: Heh - do your homework ... it's important *G* Glad you liked the smoochie-goodness, and honestly, I have no idea when I'll do the next vignette. It's entirely possible I'll just write something on my lunch break today and type it up when I get home.

**mollyig: Thank you *G* I like writing sweet things about these sweet girls - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ... a feeling that is best shared with others. Often, and in public.

-Sass

Post subject: If your happy and you know it.......
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:57 am 
Thats not a stake in my pocket...... I'm just glad to see you.:grin

Post subject: Re: If your happy and you know it.......
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:33 pm 
Wow ... so sweet. You captured, what I expected the moment to be, perfectly.

I loved the nervous speak ...

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

Post subject: The things Sass does to me (& when I'm not looking no le
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:44 pm 
Sass, my dear, I am afraid I am anti-Barry White. (maybe its those damn Arby's commercials I don't know) But will a bit of Ellis do for a replacement?

As for the "things," I'd have to say it falls into the tingly-in-places-I-didn't-even-know-I-had category. :grin

oh yes! And the warm squishy feelings are always good too. I am soooo smitten. Sigh.

And I won't feign love for it's prematurity, but I would be willing to at least fawn over you for a good 3-4 months. Um... if that's ok and stuff...

tee hee.

Andi

Post subject: Re: If your happy and you know it.......
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:48 pm 
**Karzia: LOL ... and I just love it when people are happy to see me ;)

**jdcioffi: Thank you ... though hopefully, when I write a 'first kiss' in a completely different manner, that will also be perfectly captured *G*

**bulldog_tidnab: Eh ... I'm certainly not married to the idea of Barry White playing - it's just, y'know, expected *G* And that's perfectly okay - I love being fawned over. ;)

-Sass

Post subject: Warm and Fuzzy
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:33 pm 
Just caught up with this Sass.

Gave me a tear in my eye......and rather nice tingle in all my Favourite places!

---------------------

"I'm a blood sucking fiend - Look at my outfit !"

-----------------------------------

Post subject: 'Tra la la-ing'
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:05 pm 
*skipping into the thread "tra la la-ing"*

What? No new Vignette?

*looks at her AIM Buddy List*

I'll be back folks, gotta go talk someone into an update here. :)

*leaves singing "tra la la" as she skips out of the thread*

---------------------

Tara: "Its good to be a chicken casserole." -in 'Answering Darkness' By: Sassette

Post subject: Vignette Series 3 - Dreams of Roses
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:06 am 
**frogfear: Aww, thank you *G* Though, the next update won't have that kind of tingliness. Sorry *G*

**TX: Okay, okay ... here it is ... now go play in the street

Just for the record, this vignette is VERY G-Rated, and it has a slight AD tie-in. According to the AD Sass-Verse, this is when Tara first met Willow ... only she didn't know her name was Willow, and Willow didn't either.

And I'm just not going to bother to explain all that - I'm tired *G*

Series: Vignettes
Number: 3
Title: Dreams of Roses
Author: Sassette
Summary: A young Tara dreams up a best friend
Spoiler Warning: Is somewhat spoilery for 'Answering Darkness'. This is, however, just a vignette, so it should work as a standalone piece.
Disclaimer: I didn't create these characters. I do, however, love them, and as they reside in my heart, they belong to me. I'm not making any money off of them, though.
Rating: Very Walt Disney G-Rated. Sorry, Willow and Tara are eight years old in this piece - so no smut. It's darn well frickin' 90 degrees here, and too gosh darn hot to write smut.

Dreams of Roses
Part 3 of the Vignettes Series
by Sassette

Tara stood on her tiptoes, her bright blue eyes wide, trying to see over the veritable ocean of sunflowers before her. They were big - as tall as she was, and she was four feet tall. She had never thought she'd get that tall, even though lots of the other kids were taller. Still, four feet was important, and her mommy had been so proud of her when she had marked her height on the wall.

Her mommy was nice, and gave good hugs, and she smiled thinking about her. And hadn't her mommy told her something about sunflowers?

Her little face scrunched up in concentration until she remembered and relaxed into a grin. Still smiling, she looked up, checking to make sure all the faces were looking up at the sun like she had been told they did, and smiling broader as the bright warm light hit her face.

She giggled.

She was a sunflower - just like the others, she was turning her face to the sun and letting it warm her.

It was nice here, in the middle of the field full of the big yellow flowers, all warm and happy, like she was floating in a sunbeam, and it could carry her away to anywhere in the world.

Her face fell, and she looked down, scuffing her foot in the dirt. She knew where she wanted to get to, but she didn't really know where it was. She had never been there before, but she wanted to get there more than she wanted anything else in the whole wide world.

It was someplace magickal.

Someplace special.

Someplace she could find a friend.

And that's what she really wanted - to find the place where she could find a friend.

With a sigh, she turned around, instinctively knowing her way, moving carefully through the sunflowers. She squirmed and twisted this way and that, making a game of trying not to disturb them, or break their stalks. As she walked further and further, her spirits rose, as it seemed the sunflowers reached out to her as she passed, tickling her neck and ears and making her giggle.

The wind played through them, making them wave merrily at her departing form, and she turned to wave back as she reached the edge of the field of sunflowers and continued on her journey.

Her special place was drawing near. It was, really, the place she had always hoped to find a friend. Everything was so pretty and bright there, but it had an air of loneliness about it, and she hoped that if she had a friend to play with there, the place wouldn't be lonely anymore.

She knew all too well what being lonely was like.

And so she walked, out of the field of sunflowers, and to the river, following its meandering path downstream, until she came upon a willow tree. Its branches hung down away from the river, making it hard to get by, and Tara knew on the other side of the trunk was a circle of roses.

Her mommy always called it a weeping willow tree, and that made Tara sad, because she didn't think the tree should cry. But she liked the way it looked, and the way its long branches hung down, keeping the roses on the side near the river safe.

Carefully, she brushed by the branches, skirting around the trunk of the tree and back into the sunlight, eager to see the beautiful red roses, even if she didn't have a friend here to help her ease the loneliness of the tree and the flowers.

Her eyes widened when she saw a little girl, about her age, sleeping amongst the flowers. She had pale but freckled skin and bright red hair that didn't quite match the roses. She didn't know why, but she kind of liked the way it didn't match, like the colors shouldn't naturally go together, but once they did, they became friends.

Would this girl be her friend?

Quietly, Tara peered closer, peeking around the side of the trunk. The girl had a delicate face, sprite-like and pretty, and Tara wished the girl would open her eyes - wished she knew what color they were.

As if complying to her wish, the eyes blinked open sleepily, and Tara found herself looking into a deep green, like the grass in the meadow across the footbridge down the way.

"Are you a faerie?" Tara asked in an awed whisper, hoping she wouldn't startle the girl, but needing to know the answer.

A shock of red hair flew about the girls face as she shook her head vigorously, her green eyes staying on Tara. "Are you an angel?" the girl asked in the same hushed tone.

"Oh, no … I'm just a girl," Tara said, slowly emerging from behind the trunk and stepping carefully into the circle of roses. She smiled when she saw that the other girl had obviously been careful too, for none of the flowers were disturbed.

"Oh, well, I'm a girl, too," the redhead said with a nod.

"I'm Tara," Tara said shyly, her eyes darting away from the girl sitting across from her. "What's your name?"

"Name? I, umm…" the girl looked deep in thought. "I don't think I have a name," she finally decided. "I'm nameless - Girl Without Name, that's me."

"Didn't your parents give you a name?" Tara asked, confused. Who was this strange pretty girl who didn't have a name - and did she need a friend? Tara's heart sank. No, there was no reason to believe that anyone would want a plain boring friend like Tara.

"Well, no," the girl said, shaking her head. "They're very busy."

"I could give you a name," Tara offered, then blushed, feeling foolish for blurting out exactly what she had been thinking. Her father always told her not to talk to strangers, and when she was speaking to family, to think before she spoke.

"Oh, could you?" the girl asked, her eyes lighting up. "I'd like to have a name - but I don't want a name that lots of people have," she went on, making a face and shaking her head. "Like Jane or Sally. I want a pretty name, like yours."

"Oh!" Tara said, her face breaking into a smile, which only widened when the girl smiled back. "Umm… I think … how about Rose? Because I met you here, in the roses," she said, pointing out the flowers.

"I like that," Rose said, her eyes shining.

"Are you lost?" Tara asked suddenly, fearing Rose would leave soon, now that they were getting along so well. It always happened like that. She'd meet someone who might - could possibly - be a friend, and she would be polite and nice like her mommy told her to be, but then a grown-up always came and took her new friend away. The grown-ups didn't seem to like her, because they always whispered to each other that she was bad. But she didn't think she had done anything bad - she always did what her mommy and father told her she should.

"Lost?" the girl asked with a frown, looking around. "Oh, a little," she said. "I mean, I know how I got here, and where I am, but I'm not sure how to get back, so I guess I'm lost. Or is lost only when you don't know where you are, because I know that - I'm sitting in the roses under the willow tree, but my magic helicopter is on the other side of the river, and I don't remember the way back."

"Magic helicopter?" Tara asked, her eyes glowing.

"Papa told me not to build it," Rose said sullenly, kicking her feet a little where they lay stretched out in front of her. "Now when I get back, he'll be all stern and lecture-y, and he'll say 'see? I told you not to build that helicopter,' and I'll say 'but it worked!' and he'll say 'yes, but you couldn't find your way home again, could you?'," Rose related, dropping her voice to imitate her father's lower pitch, making Tara giggle.

"I could … I could show you how to get to the other side of the river, if you wanted," Tara offered, even as she was saddened by the idea of Rose leaving so soon.

"Oh, but I don't want to go home yet," Rose said, shaking her head, her hair flying around her face again at the broad gesture. "I want to spend time with my new friend," she added, a grin crossing her face and lighting up her features.

"Oh, you, umm … you have a friend?" Tara asked, her heart sinking lower until she felt like she wanted to cry. Rose already had a friend. Rose didn't need her at all.

"All my other friends at home are boys, but my new friend is a girl. She's really nice," Rose added, nodding eagerly. "And she's pretty, and she helps people, and she's smart 'cuz she knows all about the land around here."

"What's her name?" Tara asked, frowning slightly. Whoever this 'friend' was didn't sound like a good friend at all, leaving Rose alone like that. And if this 'friend' knew so much about the land, why didn't she help Rose get back to her helicopter?

"Tara," Rose said her grin growing broader.

"There's another girl here named Tara?" Tara asked, her eyes growing wide.

"No, I mean you, doofus," Rose said, and though it wasn't a nice name to call people, Tara thought the way Rose said it sounded nice, like she didn't mean to say 'doofus' at all, but meant something else entirely.

"I'm … I'm your friend?" Tara asked slowly, her face slowly lighting up as a smile crept across it, her eyes widening further.

"Who else?" Rose asked, scootching over to sit next to Tara and taking her hand. "You’re my very good friend, because you talked to me when I was all alone, and you gave me a name, and when I need to go home, you'll show me where my helicopter is. You do want to be my friend, don't you?" Rose added on, a worried look crossing her face.

"Oh, yes," Tara said, beaming at the other girl. "I'd really like to have you for a friend."

"Then we're friends," Rose said with a nod. "We're bestest girl-type friends."

"Bestest girl-type friends," Tara agreed with a nod, and her skin tingled as the wind blew, making the branches of the willow tree wave merrily, and driving away the sense of loneliness from this place.

Post subject: Re: Vignette Series 3 - Dreams of Roses
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:09 am 
WOOOO and muchly with the HOOOO :)

I love to pester you, but I love it even more when all my pestering results in an update. :)

*running off to read it now, then maybe some playing in the street*

Tra la la....

---------------------

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:12 am 
I should >so< know by now to not update on demand ... makes you all uppity ;)

-Sass

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:26 am 
Aw lovely. I loved that in Answering Darkness that Tara had dreamed of Willow when she was a child, and you've given us some of the story here, and I thank you for it!

They truly were destined to be together!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:32 am 
HEY! I have NEVER demand... oops wait. (lets try that again)

HEY! I almost NEVER demand... oops wait. (lets try this again)

HEY! You dont always Update when I demand it! ;)

Loved the 8 year old Willow and Tara, so much goodness. I love it, thanks for the Update. :)

---------------------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52  Next