The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doppelganger Redux
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:11 am 
:clap Awesome updates!

Before you said you were working on transitional paragraphs to set the tone you were looking for and I believe you found them! Poor Tara, and the memory revelations. You describe them so well.

Still interesting that "ghost" Tara comes to Willow to help, as well as make Willow a bit jealous?? :lol Had to laugh at that one.

BV

P.S. Scott;

Quote:
BVThe way I look at it, we have at least two things in common. We both think Willow & Tara are great and we both love women. It's always nice to find common ground.
:drool Ah yes, so true :grin

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:08 am 
Firstly yes I am the same Justin from Wiccan Ways, Hi :bigwave

Secondly you shouldn't feel you need to apologise for taking your time because, as has been said, your updates are huge but more importantly because they're so good. You can't rush art you know.

I understand, you should be with the person you l-love

I am

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:42 am 
Holy smokes! Big thank you on the update! And here I was all prepared for a typical, crappy Monday...yay!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:34 pm 
Hey, Technopagan! I went immediately to this update and have been enthralled for close to an hour as I read it all, and then re-read it. This is simply wonderful stuff. You're walking such a delicate, tricky line--preserving the love b/w Willow and Tara, and creating a space for this new Tara to emerge and be loved. I can't begin to imagine how much thought has gone into developing this story, and this new Tara, but rest assured that it's paying off handsomely for your readers.

The "revelation" scenes, for want of a better word, are really well-done. When we find out about this Tara being in love w/ VampWillow, when we go inside Tara's mind after being shot, when we learn about the show-down w/ Ethan--all of those are delivered with such style and eloquence and clarity.

A story like this has the capacity, I think, to turn into practically a sea of intangibility, given how powerful the elements of the mystical and the otherworldly and the psychological are. But you always anchor those elements to enough tangibility (in setting, or in the dialogue that emerges) to keep me from getting lost.

I'm fascinated by the entire premise of two souls finding a way to co-exist, or for one person's heart and mind to love those two souls. (I don't think I'm explaining this terribly well, which is why it's good you're writing this story, not me.) There's a sense of something brewing, of their two paths winding ever closer as this Tara begins to not only remember but experience what our Tara has.

The dream scenes are simply beautiful--they're dreams, but they're real, and above all, they're so poignant. I suspect that anyone who has ever lost someone they love will recognize the experience of seeing and interacting w/ the person in their dreams.

I'm so enjoying this. You're a fantastic writer, and you weave the emotional with the physical in a way that really captures my attention. Great work.

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:26 pm 
As has been said before; with updates this huge you don't need to apologize for time between updates... much :) . Don't pressure yourself into releasing something you're not happy about.

I'm happy about this update, don't know what your problem is/was with it, but I'm more than happy with it :D . The way you describe DoppelTara (esp. in her former universe) makes me feel the need to protect her, keep her safe. Lord knows that girl certainly had a horrible childhood/life. Walking all alone out there in the rain.... so sad to read. She definitly deserves LOTS of love and care, and food of course :) .

The memory problem and DoppelTara being afraid the oldTara memories will push out her 'own' memories... it's a problem in several ways. First, it's getting crowded in her head and secondly having TWO memories for the first 22 years of your life is bound to be confusing. Like a unique index having two identical entries, havoc guaranteed.... beware of the geek-speak btw. :) This problem also made me think back to Dark Magic Willow's story _Dark Rose_.

Hmm... won't the appreantice (e.g. Warren the 2nd) have the exact same troubles Tara has, in regard to memories and such ? Who will care for Warren enough to help him through those ? I wouldn't mind too much for him remember his counterparts' last moments in this universe, not in the least : -->>: I wish him lots of fever and vampire attacks as well. Maybe he'll teleport in front of a truck... hey I can dream :)

Speaking of mister Evil jr. , a book of shadows only holds the spell text/knowledge right ? If so, it wouldn't seem to do a random warlock all THAT much good to have. Granted knowing how to destroy the world using a very powerfull spell is neat but you still need the power to perform that spell. Channelling the hellmouth directly would seem to rather dangerous and tricky, though I guess the 'danger' isn't all that relevant if you want to destroy the world anyway, heh.

I can't work out how DoppelTara manages to life on with so many horrible memories. One hundred and six people's dying memories.... can't see a way for a person like Tara (if though DoppelTara seems a lot tougher on the outside) to handle all that.

At least the appreantice is already recognized by the scoobies as an evil person. Makes it easier to deal with him. Imagine alternate-Oz for example as the evil warlock... that would be rather weird. I doubt they'll have to think long about attacking Warren, at least they shouldn't need to.

No need to skin him this time (not that I would mind, much -- for Warren that is, would be bad for Willow though), just get rid of him. Feed him to the hellmouth for all I care, heh.

Damn, such a huge update... next to impossible to comment on it all :D

I liked the fact that Willow is very much aware of what her problems are with DoppelTara vs. 'her' Tara. Loved the (playfull) interaction between her and Buffy, I needed some of that for sure.

I'm not sure if this was covered in the previous chapters (I did noticed some things being mentioned again, not to worry... those I *did* remember), but how come both DoppelTara and DoppelWarren pretty much teleported to the current dimension at the same time, yet DoppelTara arrived weeks before DoppelWarren ??

Can't he just get lost on the way to this dimension, take a wrong turn somewhere ?

I recommend DoppelTara gets told somehow about her counterparts life before any showdown takes place. Best to avoid memory-storms at bad times. Yes, I do realise not all of those memories are nice... can't be helped. Maybe those dreams will help her relax and come to terms at least with oldTara's past, after that she still has her 'own' past to deal with. Lets try to postpone till after the Magic Nerd has been dealt with.

Thanks for the update once again, was a pleasure reading it.

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 3/31/03 2:03:00 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:37 pm 
Wow! what an update!

thanks for giving so much!!

in quality as well as quantity.

im really enjoying the tenderness between w/t there knowing of each other with there getting to know each other....

.??!!

so thanks!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:24 pm 
A nice long update is always worth the wait. And this certainly was. I love how you're contrasting Willow's tentative relationship with Tara and the old relationship she used to have with the other Tara. There's a certain notion of "not knowing" that they have in the way they touch one another, and speak to one another. How awful it must be for Willow to have the visage she knows so well in front of her, but that it's hiding a person she really doesn't know at all. And yet, there's the hope that they really are beginning to "sense" one another too. That kind of contrast works really well for me as a reader, and it helps me to understand exactly how Willow is feeling here. I think it's interesting that Tara says she doesn't know who she is anymore, when I'm finding that Willow is the one who's having to make the most adjustment, in terms of relating to Tara.

I think there's a whole heap of pain under the surface when you scratch these two characters, and I'm really enjoying the depth you're bringing to them and their relationship. It's intriguing to me that you have a tacit understanding and yet a real fear of revelation contained in their conversations. It's complex and hurtful and yet strangely comforting, I think.

I'm willing to wait a long time again if this is the kind of update you come up with next time. Thanks so much for this. :)

Asda uniforms. Clubbing. Unmixy things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:25 pm 
Wonderful updates. Rich with detail, deep with angst and light with humor. You have a deft touch to balance all three. I'll be waiting for your updates. As long as it takes. Now, to the details:

The dream - We now see that Willow meets OldTara in this dreamscape, but now the NewTara's alter ego (little girl) and White Leg are here as well. OldTara talks about NewTara's need for clothes, and motions to the little girl. Will Willow pick up on this clue when NewTara finally explains her dreams of the little girl?

NewTara - Now we see the personal interactions between the new-comer and the Scoobys of this reality. NewTara is tough, battle-hardened and confident. She has powers over the elements that will impact this reality and she has memories that the OldTara possessed. Yet her insecurities still lie with her father and VampWillow. NewTara's confession to Willow about her bite marks was inspired writing. So many intriguing question - what triggers NewTara's "memory storms", and do they have an impact on how she views this reality? Does Lethe's Bramble help NewTara focus on this reality? Is OldTara really gone, or will there be a final merging yet to come?

The Apprentice - Man, I should have guessed that the Apprentice was Warren Mears before you dropped that 10-ton weight! Excellent build-up, by the way. This guy has been toying with NewTara since the Book of Shadows was taken. But how? Are NewTara's dreams the result of Warren's mind manipulation or they they the effect of this reality or something else I've missed altogether? The "memory storms" started before the Book was taken, so could Warren have tapped into NewTara after the theft to keep her helpless in this reality? I get the feeling that this fic has just hit its stride, and that almost all the pieces have been set up on the chessboard. Still a long way to go - the chess game hasn't really started yet.

Finally, this:
Quote:
"Your counterpart couldn't love me, and she knew that I couldn't hate her. She couldn't be mine, but all I could be was hers. She was lost to me, but I couldn't stop myself from loving her."
Would this be a literary nod to "The Sidestep Chronicles", perhaps?

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:39 pm 
First of all, thank you to Barnabasvamp, Justin, Frumpycat, AntigoneUnbound, Grimlock, Pinkzippy, Tommo, and TemperedCynic for taking the time to offer feedback. The last two chapters challenged me greatly and receiving your encouragement means the world to me.

More specifically,

Barnabasvamp, she may be a ghost of sorts, but she is still Tara. How could she resist tweaking her beloved? LOL

As for the transitional paragraphs, problem... Where I have been tripping up is figuring out how to narrate amidst this third person omniscient point of view. It would seem that there would be less work in being "all-knowing." But once again, the Technopagan is entirely wrong. Oh well. In the next two chapters, I will be returning to limited third person point of view. Then I will finish part two of D.R. with something entirely different. Yep, there is a lot more to come.

Justin, how lovely to find your comments here at the Kitten. As soon as I finish part two of D.R., I hope to post it at Wiccan Ways. Thanks for calling D.R. art. Lately, I have been calling it the monkey on my back. Your term is so much nicer.

Frumptycat, thanks for coming back after the long hiatus. I'm glad I gave you something to cheer up your Monday!

AntigoneUnbound, thank you for commenting on, to use your term, the "revelation" scenes. Trying to figure out how to put those scenes together was a serious challenge for me, especially the memory storm of Tara's death. After writing a half-dozen versions, I finally settled on the series of sentence fragments followed by the haiku. The imagistic fragments (e.g. Willow's eyes green like blades of grass, Willow's hair like silk spun from the evening sky, Willow's smile beautiful like the stars that decorate the heavens) end with the haiku, which is, I think, the most imagistic poetic form, but here, instead, it is written as a kind of truth statement. (Breathe, come back to life) It seemed to me that at this point in the story such temporal forms as narrative and story needed to come to a screeching halt. Time needed to stop and restart. Consider the haiku a hard boot, LOL.

I agree that stories like this can easily dissolve into a "sea of intangibility." The story of the next big bad coming to Sunnydale is really only a context for the other larger story about what we really are as human beings, about what constitutes the soul and what is the substance of memory.

As for the dream sequences, those in some ways are the most fun to write. While they are heartbreaking in their own way, I love defying the laws of physics. LOL. Thank goodness Tara has her little furry companion. And, of course, the dream sequences are their own story, written underneath the other two, but weaving them together.

Grimlock, I can understand why you feel protective of the girl. She has certainly lived through a lot. And you are right she deserves an abundance of love and good food.

You are also right in thinking that the girl's chief problems (besides that nasty apprentice fellow) are negotiating having two sets of memories and coming to terms with who she is. The magicks extracted a high price in allowing her to cross from her reality to Willow's, even if reasons for doing so are noble ones (to save a world that is not her own).

As for the time sequencing, Tara read portents for the future of Willow's reality. The apprentice has not arrived yet, he is putting together his evil plans, and he is also stirring up trouble, even now. In part three of D.R., more of this story will be revealed. The good news is that this time Tara will not have to go it alone; she will have the backing of the Scoobies, plus a few other "guest stars." But that's all I'm telling!

How does the girl keep going? Easy, she is made of stern stuff. Of course, we saw hints of her in Willow's Tara. Remember the setting of Tara's jaw when she axed the demon who was about to slash her girl, or when Anya got in Willow's face on the issue of magicks? We saw her there, I think.

Look for more scenes of Scooby friendship in the next two chapters. And you're right the girl needs to learn her counterpart's history... but when and how is up to Willow.

Pinkzippy, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Tommo, I agree. There is a "whole heap of pain" under the surface. Willow and Tara are both negotiating impossible circumstances while also having to contend with a more than considerable physical attraction to one another. The idea of soul mates sounds lovely until you really think about it. And then you realize there's a lot of work involved. In some ways the problem W and T face is figuring out how they fit together. Both of them see someone else standing in front of the other. Willow, of course, sees the Tara of her reality, and the girl sees the Willow of hers. Neither can simply overlook nor see past the other's counterpart. Tara and Vamp-Willow cannot be forgotten, Tara, especially continues to be present in multiple ways.

TemperedCynic, I hate to admit it, but I've not read Sidestep Chronicles. But as soon as I finish D.R., I plan to. LOL. I have this huge fan fiction-reading program already planned. Right now, I am only keeping up with a very few stories. And, I am behind on all of them!

As I mentioned to Mary, for me the dream stuff is total fun to write. Especially now that Willow and ghost Tara are able to join the girl and White Leg (by the way, the real White Leg is a little cat that lives in a cemetery near my house. He or she (I'm thinking she) is feral. And very adorable). Of course, the trick is turning into figuring out who is the dreamer and who is being dreamed.

I like your term battle-hardened. I think it describes the girl well. She has amazing fighting skills, but she also carries a great many scars, physical and emotional. Fortunately, she has finally found her salvation, a skinny red head with green eyes who I believe is more than up to the task.

I'm glad to hear that the identity of the apprentice was a surprise. As I mentioned to Grimmy, he's busy getting ready to unleash holy hell on Sunnydale. Exactly what he is up to, I do not want to reveal. But Anya is right, boy-toy is damn dangerous. And Buffy is also right, when he crosses over, he's going to find out what it means to take on a Slayer, plus a couple of seriously capable witches, as well as the rest of the Scooby crew.

There are a few more pieces to set up on the chessboard. But, you are right; we are almost ready for part three....

Finally, thanks again to all who have commented!

Edited by: technopagan78 at: 4/1/03 11:31:23 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:41 pm 
I love your writing. Never a word wasted or out of place, just carefully constructed sentences that enable a simple look or a gesture to speak volumes and the setting of a scene to be so vividly seen and felt. Especially after each moment of Willow/Tara interaction I become aware that I've been holding my breath. My sense of anticipation is high and if this story had its own spoiler site I don't think I could resist....[
][
]I'm guessing there might be a long delay for the next instalment, but I'm setting up camp here and I'll gladly wait as long as it takes (the idea of Tara as my own snugglebug will keep me warm).

"Gosh,look at THOSE!" (Dopplegangland)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm 

:applause :applause :applause yeeeah update!

well I have nothing intelligent to add to this discussion, because I am so incredibly burnt out in the brain-area, but I wanted to say :wave and that I am still here! is very exciting to get such a huge update that you can't even read it all at once. and the memory issues just keep getting more and more intruiging...like, tara remembers both her mother's death by vamps, and her death from cancer years later? she remembers the...erhm...spicy stuff with will? no wonder she doesn't know who she is anymore! (and I really don't think willow does, either...calling her baby with every breath...that ain't no two-week-old friendship.) anyway, I am psyched to see the culmination of this story :dance

--jenny

Error may be a principle. The French Navy only recently began teaching its sailors to swim.

--Marcel Mauss

Post subject: DR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:15 pm 
I must confess, I had kinda given up on DR. Nothing personal, it’s just happened to me before… falling headlong into a brilliant piece of fanfic, then having no closure. I am SO glad I persisted in waiting for the updates! As it was said before, no need to apologise for not writing sooner when the updates that long, and that good. I spent a great deal of my working day reading the update, time very well spent.

I was watching Buffy last night (Sleeper has just played in Australia), and as I was watching I noticed something was missing. Tara and Giles. The dynamics between all the characters have changed so much since they have been written out, to the point where they don’t feel like the scoobies I’ve fallen in love with.

Your fic changes all of that. You’ve managed to take the characters and everything they’ve been through over the past few seasons and mould them in a way in which they have learnt from their experiences, but are still essentially themselves. It’s amazing to see the ‘best friend’ chat between Willow and Buffy about her growing attachment to the new Tara, Anya’s bluntness about Tara’s ‘intimate’ dream, Giles observations about how they have matured since high school yet still having trouble accepting it. This is my Scooby Gang, you’ve captured this so well.

Your writing style is so engaging. The ambiguity of the dream sequences is extremely dream like. When new Tara has those flashes of memories followed by the dizziness and fever, I feel like my headspace is suddenly crowded. And Warren being the apprentice is a great twist!

I’m glad to see you still have the passion for this epic! I will wait however long as it takes for you to get the next instalment out. No hurries and no pressure. A piece like this takes time, and your grateful audience is very appreciative!

Post subject: Re: DR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:25 am 
A long wait, but as is often the case, all the better for it.

You intimated that it was a difficult write, and somehow this was evident on the first read. However on the second read, with the judicous use of the odd asterix here and there to split the narrative up [on my d/l copy :) ] I was able to really get into it.

BTW I was as surprised as anyone else that Warren was the BB. I had decided that it would be Oz, for some particular reason.

I love your use of Giles' thoughts and emotions to describe how the Scoobs have matured and through them show the group dynamic is being restored. I had also thought that the new/old Tara memories/characters would somehow compete for dominance, but then when one considers Tara's character the melding of minds would be far more conciliatory and healing, with all the negatives being used to strengthen her, rather than to weaken.

I also like that your portrayal of Buffy is far more sympathetic than many other narratives, indeed more sympathetic even than the show itself. In DR she shows herself as being in control of the immediate situation, as happy as she will ever be with her lot, holding her extended family together, and not pining for something better.

I've already said that I believe this fic is worthy of being published. This update has merely confirmed the truth of it, and I await for the next pieces of the jigsaw to be revealed.

More please.:applause

-----------------------------------

love and kisses

Still Waters

..... *Happy to be Willowhand....well, would'nt you be?......

Edited by: Still Waters Run Deep at: 4/2/03 11:57:05 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:09 pm 
I'm so glad that I had a couple of hours to read the update this afternoon as I went through the gamut of emotions presented...(Yes,I cried!).So satisfying to have everbody be there for each other...It's the way things are meant to be,and I'm fairly sure that the Scoobies will be able to handle some baddie called [Insert really bad word here!].Wwell,you know who I mean.

Visit Lucy and Emily's FanFic Archive.

fiat justitia,ruat caelum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:23 pm 
OK, I started reading this fic in October, and totally loved it. I even posted to tell you just that. So, in my own little world, I'm waiting and waiting for an update. *insert foot tapping here* Unbeknownst to me, you had updated, and quite a bit by the time my sorry ass rediscovered your fic. *insert Homer Simpson DOH! here*

Anyway, over the past few days, I totally caught up on all the updates since the ending of part one. (I know, I know...I missed a whole lot. :rolleyes Sometimes, I can be pretty slow.)

I am completely engrossed in your fic. I love your character development and writing style. The dream sequences and our Tara flashbacks are incredible. It's been an emotional ride reading all this over the past few days. Just wanted to tell you, I love it. :D

"Honestly, I think if you prefer chocolate to sex, then you're clearly having entirely the wrong kind of sex."~~The Tao of Ruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:47 am 
First of all, you really don't need to apologize for not updating so soon. Like many others here, I will always wait patiently for your updates, because they are so worth it. It's like reading a very special book, that you just can't let go out of your hands. Kinda like this: :read

I wish my english vocabulary would be better to tell you exactly how much i like this story. :sigh

You describe Tara's feelings and her recovery (which is getting faster and faster) pretty good. It's really interesting to see all the flashbacks she's having of the good or not so good memories from the past she had with Willow or the other gang members. So many of the things she says reminds me of old Tara. I love the tenderness you've created between Willow and (new) Tara. To read that really melts my heart.

It's also lovely to see ghost Tara helping Willow. :)

As always, breathtaking updates. :bow

snuggle79 :smug

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.

Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:44 am 
:bounce *bounces excitedly* :bounce

updates updates updates!!! :grin YAY!!!!:grin :dance

:party I was SOOO excited to see updates!! :party

wonderful wonderful wonderful!! :applause

Loving this more and more... i can't wait to see what you have in store for us!! :read

Keep up the great work!!! :bow

~Nickole~

me's a happy little :kitty

"All fear is the fear of loss. And only through that fear, can we truly love."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:13 pm 
Thank you to Doofus, JewWitch, Minnie Mone, Still Waters, Lucy Moore, SlayerSidney, Snuggle and Silver Winged Nemesis for responding. Nothing else motivates me to spend more time on my writing than receiving feedback!

Doofus, I'm trying to put out the next chapter more quickly. Actually, thus far, it's moving along quite nicely. Still, thanks for saying you'll wait it out! As for spoiler sites, oh my. I cannot even imagine such a thing!

JewWitch, Nice to hear from you Jenny. Sorry to hear you are brain burnt. You're not the only one. Today, I drove nearly 30 miles before I realized I had left my wallet at home.

Trying to figure out how memory works in D.R. is half the fun of writing it (the other half is getting to spend quality time with our girls, lol). As for Willow's habit of using terms of endearment. Being the tender sort of girl that she is, how could she resist?

Minnie Mone, thanks for hanging in there. I am not a speedy writer, although, as I mentioned to Doofus, the next chapter is coming together more quickly. Thank you for noticing my efforts to revive the Scoobies. Allowing them to learn from their experiences and to revive what they once were is a major goal for D.R. The group dynamic of the Scoobs was probably the first thing to draw me into BtVS way back during season one. I'm happy to be able to bring that back center-stage.

Still Waters, I'm surprised that you thought of Oz. Other people have mentioned him to me as well. I'm even more surprised that "he who I hate to name" is such a surprise to so many. Who else could test Willow and the Scoobs so greatly?

I'm glad to hear that you are appreciating my more sympathetic treatment of Buffy compared to other narratives, etc. For me Buffy is a wonderfully complex and engaging character. She is a hero, but she doesn't have the "hero identity," which is why, I think, she evades stereotype. In season five, she triumphs over the Watchers Council because she does not see herself as the lone hero. In some ways, her greatest strength is her ability to be a friend. Yes, she makes mistakes, she sometimes pushes people away, but she's at her best when she is allied with others. This is shown again and again in the early seasons of BtVS and in much of fan fic. It's sad that this idea has been largely forgotten or overturned by the BtVS writers.

Lucy Moore, (happy dance) I love knowing that D.R. made you cry, but good tears, yes? I hate to admit it, but I am a sucker for movies, books, fan fic, television, etc. that makes me cry. As for D.R.'s big bad, don't worry, by the end of the story, he's going to discover whole new worlds of hurt.

SlayerSydney, thanks for coming back to D.R.! I've been trying to be better about putting in notices in the "update" thread. Stay tuned for more D.R. (I suspect there are about ten chapters left to be written).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:09 am 
I was so happy to finally catch up with those lovely chapters. What a sizeable update, def. worth the wait. Things are really moving now and I am not sure that they are ready for what is going on. Tara's old Tara but not. I love how Tara no matter which one, is so encompassing that instead of trying to dominate they really only wish to be bigger, to fit each other in. And I am not sure I would want to be in Willow's position. I guess she also has to be bigger, expand her heart. And hopefully in the end none of them will be losing anything.

Only 50 cents

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:23 am 
Heh. Imagine the scene. Yesterday.

I'm stuck in a remote polling station from 6.30 am until past 10pm with someone who to put it mildly, is somewhat reticent. It's going to be a long long day, with only around 50 pollers likely to come in. It's raining.

However, I have my trusty laptop with me, so I can at least attempt to do some work whilst I'm there. But when I open up I remember that I had copied the whole of DR onto the hard disk, so I start to read.

Wow, that day went quickly. I read it from begining to end [again]. I had to tear myself away to attend to the voting every now and again. My companion spent most of the time either dozing or trying to get his head round the more intellectual bits of the Daily Mirror.

Once again this book [I can't call it 'fanfic' anymore, it's now a novel in progress], captivated me and turned a potential groundhog day into a pleasant experience.

Thanks.

Is there any more to come soon? :wink

love and kisses

Still Waters

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:00 pm 
Hello Xita and Still Waters thanks for the kind words.

Xita, I like your idea that Willow will also have to become "bigger" in some way.

Still Waters, I'm happy that D.R. was a nice distraction from what sounds like a tiresome day. What is a remote polling station?

I've been absent from D.R. the past couple of weeks so that I could work on other projects (mostly on a discussion of Albert Hall that is quickly evolving into an academic paper--I'm in the process of revising yet again my A.H. post from two weeks ago) and grade papers and midterm exams (the bane of my existence). I don't expect to be able to pick D.R. up again for a few more weeks (probably not until semester's end---O Happy Day!).

The next chapter is about half written, will raise more twists and turns in the story and is rather Tara-centric. Once summer break is upon me, I will be back to my schedule of months of unstructured days with nothing to do but write.

Post subject: ....
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:04 pm 
...Once summer break is upon me, I will be back to my schedule of months of unstructured days with nothing to do but write...

yeah, thanks cyn, rub it in why dont'ya? :lol

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:06 pm 
I'm sad to hear that we'll have to wait for more of your story, but I'll still be waiting eagerly when you post. And your AH review was great ... if I just lived close enough to see it now!

--

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit." -- "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:06 am 
WOW! i just found this fic two days ago i cant believe i didnt notice this before. You basically stopped my tempo of living. since i found this fic i have been reading it non-stop (well the exception of sleeping, going to classes and eating). i just couldnt not read it!

by the way i had a Human Bio final today and i didnt study for it...and i am sooo holding you responsible for it! Because your fiction is fantastic! i love everything about it. the dynamics in the gang. Every character is so true, their lines and actions are things i would expect them to say or do.

Now i am wondering if Willow is going to open herself up to her powers again or not. I would personally love to see her do good things with them since she is very powerful.

this fiction is beautiful.:flower It became one of my favourites from the first chapter(and thats saying a lot for me). This has true novel like quality!:bow Keep up the good work :applause

From a very very sick :sneeze , (sick as in illness)

Phoenix:glasses

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:54 pm 
Quote:
What is a remote polling station?

Ha! TP. FYI it's a polling [voting] station in our assembly elections in Wales. as Ruth will tell you wales is along way from anywhere, and this polling station was a well and truly buried miles from anywhere.

Glad to hear that we will be getting massive updates regularly and often come the summer :wink

love and kisses

Still Waters

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:55 am 
This is one of the stories I've been trying for a while to get the time to catch up on. I'm really impressed with how it's progressed. The innate trust between Willow and Tara growing ever stronger. Tara's role in the Scoobs, because of her knowledge of the Apprentice and her previous experience in Sam's cadre could just have been one of a detached outsider, an informant, but because of the connection with Willow she seems to just belong now.

Giles' presence in Sunnydale is a nice touch; I really like his paternal pride at how the Scoobs have again become a tightly-knit unit, relying on each other.

The scene where the identity of the apprentice was revealed was really powerful. The raw pain experienced by our girls and the others was so well written.

Thanks.

I love my Love, and well she knows
I love the ground whereon she goes

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:57 am 
I'm not quite sure what to say: To say that it's a great fic would be the understatement of the century, and considering it's 5:00 in the morning where I'm writing this, anything else more apropriate is just slightly out of my grasp. But I'll try anyway.

I'm loving how Willow is getting to know both Tara's, and how she's starting to fall in love(?) with the *new* Tara. But I'm also finding it curious how both Tara's are starting to meld with one another, both sharing the other's memories, and yet are somehow deliniating themselves from each other through their experiences with Willow: *Old* Tara acts as both a guide and a lover to Willow, while *new* Tara acts as a 'Stranger in a Strange Land' (I was practically shouting that title as Giles thought about new Tara in the scooby meeting) whose only tie to reality, sanity, and maybe, just maybe, love, is Willow.

I'm wondering what would happen if Willow were forced to choose between one of the two Tara's in the upcoming conflict- would she automatically choose the *old* Tara, or would she decide, with *old* Tara's blessing, of course, to give *new* Tara a chance at both life and love?

My apologies to any of the kittens not fond of my angst-ponderings. I'm just a little masochistic that way. BUT I STILL WANT WILLOW AND TARA TOGETHER!!! :rage :willow :tara

Sorry if I mis-read anything or plagurized- didn't mean ta! Honest! And technopagan, can't wait for the next installment. Literally, as in my head will explode in the next 10 minutes if you don't post it!

... but no pressure, k? :wink

Vale!

semper te inveniam: "I will always find you"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:43 am 
Dear, dear technopagan78:

If you're out there, somewhere, please oh pretty please update this story. I started reading it a few days ago because somebody recommended it and it totally kicks ass. The bad part is that you haven't updated in a whopping four whole months. So again: Update!!! Thank you.

Sincerely ~Sappho

Edited by: Sappho at: 9/5/03 12:44 am

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:57 am 
All I can say is ... Holy WOW! :bow

I started reading this fic a few days ago and I'm already caught up (is it Monday already?)

Thanks to Sappho for posting a request for an update ... otherwise I may not have ever had the chance to read this wonderful story.

technopagan78 ... if you are still out there ... PLEASE update soon ... I can't believe I've gotten so wrapped up in the story only that I missed most of the opening weekend of the NFL!

The characters and situations are so well written ... I'm glad that you didn't give Tara2 a name or a way for the reader to identify her other than as the girl because it definitely help to establish her as a completely different person from Willow's Tara ... I can actually picture the two as separate entities thanks the the great descriptions.

Tara2's world certainly seems to be a living hell of sorts for her ... so I really look forward to you creating the circumstances in this world that will allow her to live the life and experience the love that she deserves.

She's been through soooo much already ... and I'm sure there is still a long way to go for her to be able to put everything behind her and move forward ... so help her out and write an update already ...

please? :pray

cheers

rocci

:pride

----

She has the best nipples in town and she knows it. She has nipple confidence.

Tina on Shane, L-Word

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:17 pm 
Darn, and here I thought it was an update. I love this story, so much, in fact, that I actually printed it all out and the parts completed now sit by my bedside table. I'm waiting anxiously to add the next part to the collection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next