The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wish -- P16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:39 pm 
Wonderful update Dixon. very sad and powerful, I'm looking forward to seeing what Spike is up to.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:45 am 
Am I gonna have to like Spike? Well, that sucks.

But if he brings Tara back I might be able to tolerate him! I might even like him. It's nice that he's the same old Spike, even with the additional humanity.

... hang on. He's not afraid of sunlight? He's not just a soul-filled vamp, he's human??????? Wow. Now that's a twist.

Gem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:13 am 
Um...Spike digging Tara up? I hope he has a plan besides taking the body. Willow :cry ....so sad.

--Michelle

Post subject: The Wish -- P17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:18 pm 
Hey Kittens, I had off today, and since you asked so nice ... here is another update. I hope I answered some of the questions that you may have had. And Spike … Well, I'm leaving, or trying to, leave his motives sort of ambiguous at this point. I think it makes for better reading that way.

Thank you for your comments and feedback Kittens, I know the angst makes this story hard to follow, so thanks for sticking around. I'm floored by the emotional responses that this fic has managed to cause, I consider to be one of the greatest compliments a writer could receive.

Zahir, I am beyond flattered to know that you have recommended my fic to others, wow! And you want to nominate it for an award, I'm double wowed and double flattered. I don't know how award worthy it is, but if it's finished (I'll try to get it done before then) before July 20th (you did mean July and not June right?) then I would be honored to have it nominated.

PEACE … Dix

O' yeah, and kind of with the sadness again, so watch out for that and please don't hate me, there is goodness to come, I promise.

PART 17

Buffy reached for the ringing phone, "What?" she spat into the receiver. She wasn't asleep, but if she was the phone would have woken her up. She wasn't angry at the caller, but just life in general. She was angry, sad, confused, and feeling more guilty then she ever had before.

Willow was sinking deeper and deeper into her well of despair, Dawn was inconsolable, just wanting to be left alone. Xander and Giles were trying to do the macho, stoic thing and put on brave fronts, but their pain was obvious too. And Anya, well, Buffy guessed that she felt almost as miserable as she did herself. And Spike, who in the hell knew where he was.

"Hello?" came the startled voice on the other end of the phone line. "Buffy?"

The slayer sat up in bed and clicked on the light, "Dr. Daniels?"

"Yes, is everything all right?"

Buffy slumped back against her pillows, "No, everything is awful."

"How is Willow?" the doctor asked concerned.

"Not good," came the sullen reply, "She won't take any of those pills you gave me for her, I have to fight her to eat anything, she keeps sneaking off on her own, and that damn journal you have her writing in is depressing enough to make an angel want to kill themselves."

"Have you tried slipping the meds into her foods?"

"Well you see," Buffy came back sarcastically, "Willow hates it here, she can't stand to be in or near this house. And since she doesn't live here and refuses to come here, it's kind of hard to make her sit down to dinner. Dinner, which she won't eat anyway so putting the pills in her food seemed kind of redundant, you know what I mean?"

"Buffy," the psychologist said soothingly, "I need you to calm down and talk to me, okay."

The slayer sighed, feeling defeated, "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I understand. Now, Willow's journal, have you spotted any of the warning signs I told you to look for? Anything about death, dying, or being together soon?"

"No, Willow's still large with the nothingness. But she knows we read the thing, I doubt she'd be stupid enough to write anything she was planning in there. But from the way she's been acting I think she–"

Buffy's other line clicked in, "Doctor can you hold on, that's my other line."

"Sure."

"Thanks," Buffy clicked over, "Hello?"

"We have a problem." Came an accented voice.

"Giles? What's wrong?"

"I think Willow may be planning to use magic again. Very powerful, very dangerous magic."

"But I thought you said that she won't be able to do magic anymore?"

"I said it was a possibility. She will suffer repercussions from her magic use, and if she still has her powers, then chances are the repercussions will be greater then I anticipated."

Buffy sighed, "I so don't even want to hear about that right now. Willow is our main concern, we have to find her. I'm on my way to Tara's dorm, if you don't hear from me in 20 minutes get to the cemetery. We'll deal with the rest later." Ordered the slayer and she hung up the phone, no time for Giles' goodbye or to finish her conversation with the doctor.

Willow had taken great care to gather the ingredients and supplies necessary for the spell. She had laid out everything exactly as the book told her, the moon and planets were in the proper alignment, and the redhead even had a sacrificial bundle to add to the spell. The bundle wasn't a necessary ingredient, but it did look good to the goddess.

The redhead hoped and prayed that she would still be able to cast spells, and perform magic. She hadn't tried yet, afraid that she'd find out she couldn't.

Willow mediated for half an hour and when she felt ready, she stepped up to Tara's grave and approached the gravestone. Willow ran her hands over the cold marble and leaned down and rested her forehead against the top of it, "Hey Baby, I don't know if this is going to work or not … but please don't be mad … I have to do this. I can't be here without you. I can't, and I don't want to. I have to bring you back. I need you, we all need you."

Willow turned and sat down next to the headstone and leaned against it, "Things will be hard, I know that. It was hard for Buffy but she got better. And I know it will be hard for you, but I'll help you, we all will. And it will be easier for you then it was for Buffy. Buffy, she, she didn't have someone who loves her as much as I love you to help her back. We're soulmates. I saw our dream Tara, our future. We can be together again and we can have that, we can. I tried to bring you back before, but I didn't know then. I studied everything, and I know now. I know and we can be together again."

The redhead moved to her knees and faced the tombstone and placed her hands on the top as she spoke, "We have a future, baby. We're have one and we can be together and that's why I have to do this. Please don't be mad."

Willow leaned forward and kissed the marble stone, "I love you."

The witch stood and turned around and moved back to the foot of the grave. She took a deep breath and opened her mouth to start the spell.

"Don't do it, Red."

Willow spun around at the sound and came face to face with the owner of the voice. Her eyes narrowed and she turned back around to start the spell, "Go away Spike, this is none of your business."

The former vampire stepped around the redhead and leaned against the shovel he had in his hand, "Sorry love, but since I know that this spell can't work without the resurrectee, then I would say that this is my business."

Willow's eyes turned coal black and narrowed so tightly that they were nothing more then slits. Her hands shot out from her sides and glowed with the power that cursed through them, burning to be released.

"Where is she?" snarled the witch.

"Um," Spike straightened and stepped back. Hearing of Willow's powers and seeing them face to face were two different things. "Look-"

"Where is she?"

"She's safe," Spike answered immediately, "But she won't be if you follow through with this."

The glow around Willow's hands dissipated and she lowered her arms, "Explain."

The former vampire pulled the cigarette down from behind his ear and lit it, "What do you know about soul possession?"

Willow opened her mouth to speak but stopped and looked at the man again, "You have your soul back. You're not even a vampire any more."

Spike took a hit of his cigarette, "Always ahead of the class, eh Red?"

"Tell me about Tara." Willow turned the conversation back to the fallen blonde, she could care less about Spike, with or without a soul.

Spike used his cigarette to point to the book on the ground, "She'll come back wrong if you try that. Hell, she'll come back wrong no matter what you do."

"Why?" Willow growled.

"Because Red, you've got too much darkness in you."

Willow turned away, "You don't know that."

Spike matched her step and moved closer to her, "I do know that. I also know of a way to get your bird back."

The witch stopped and turned to face the platinum haired man and nodded for him to continue.

"We can both get what we want if you can pull off a little spell."

"A soul possession spell?"

Spike smiled and took another drag.

"And what's in it for you?"

Spike stepped forward and threw his arm around the thin redheads shoulder. He flicked his butt away and pointed towards a large van parked just down the road, "Step into my office."

Giles caught up with Buffy as she was about to enter the cemetery, "I gather your being here means that Willow wasn't at the dorm."

" She wasn't. I found a ton of books on resurrection though."

"So she is going to try and raise Tara."

Buffy picked up the pace towards Tara's grave, "I can't believe she did this. She knows better."

"Grief," said a nearly winded Giles, "Can make you irrational."

"I almost wish that she would raise her, then Tara could kick her ass for doing this."

"What's that?" Giles asked as he pointed across the cemetery. "There's Willow. Is that…"

"Spike." Supplied the stunned slayer.

"Damn" cursed Giles as he watched Spike slide into the drivers seat and peel out of the cemetery. "What is that bloody vamp up too now?"

Buffy looked after the vehicle she knew she wouldn't be able to catch, "And what does it have to do with Willow?"

TBC…

Post subject: Re: The Wish -- P17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:33 pm 
Oh Goodee goodee goodee!!!!!!

The light appears--dim, not terribly pure in color, and flickering so far, but there is at long last light. We call that light hope and how odd it should arrive via a former demon?

Odd, yet appropriate--that an ex-demon should be of help to a girl who believed almost her entire life that she was one.

(Dixon, I meant to write June 30th. If your fic isn't finished by then, c'est la vie, but I kinda hope it will be 'cause I'd like to see you win it. My other faves are all much longer than this fic, and the end doesn't seem in sight for any of them very soon. Best wishes...)

"O Let my name be in the Book of Love!
If it be there I care not of that other Book above.
Strike it out! Or write it in anew, but
Let my name be in the Book of Love!"

--Omar Kayam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:46 pm 
I like seeing Spike conspiring with Willow to bring Tara back, but soul or not, I don't trust him. It was an interesting thought that the success of the resurrection depends on the purity of the spellcaster. It makes sense and explains why it is relatively easy to do (there have been so many in Buffy even if you don't count the vampires), but so difficult to have work out right.

--
"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. "   "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

Edited by: darkmagicwillow at: 6/25/02 7:53:49 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:52 pm 
Now we're getting really interesting. Nice to see Spike maybe not being a jerk, wonder what he's got planned.

-----------------

No, it's great... if we want to make ferns invisible, or communicate with shrimp, I've got the goods right here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:58 pm 
oh maaan!! you need more days off. who's your boss? what's the number? Let me make an offer that can't be refused!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:13 pm 
Another wonderful update, Dixon. :) And just what has Spike got in store... Can't wait to find out.

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:31 am 
Willow has an unlikely ally in Spike. I don't care though as long as he helps her get her girl back.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:09 am 
Hey, this update was great...Spike and Willow definitely have precedent for teaming up together (various love-lorn spells in the past), so this works for me.

And I liked the line mentioning that Willow *knows* that Buffy and Dawn are reading Willow's journal. That brief sentence makes a huge difference for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:03 am 
Dixon, just catching up with this wonderful story. This is so beautifully written. Parts of it have made me cry and what's worse is that I think you're actually gonna make me like Spike. Can't wait to see where this is heading.

She's my everything!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:30 am 
loved the update, can't wait to see what Spike is up to

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

Worm, are you ready to die in the cleansing apocalypse?

Here she comes, never get enough of her sex action

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:48 pm 
Oh well... I don't trust Spike and I don't like the idea of Tara's soul being tainted by spike(which is the vibe I am getting), but i'll have to deal ;)

And after all this Willow is still trying magic, what will teach her? Of course I think Tara is the key to her stopping ... still. Interested to see where you are going with this, thanks for the update! Your writing is excellent as always.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Willow: (to Tara) I could heal.

Tara: (to Willow)And we’re gone.

Edited by: xita  at: 6/30/02 11:27:35 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:55 pm 
I like this fic. I like the whole notion of a re-set - what W/T shipper wouldn't?

More please?

Ciao, Triscuit7

I brought marshmallows!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:46 am 
Okay, did you drop off the face of the earth? I need updates!! It's my own personal addiction, I have a crappy life, you must deliver me from pain through your writting!

Post subject: The Wish -- P18
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:39 pm 
Hello Kittens,

Long time no post. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry for the delay. There was school registration, a wedding, two jobs, and everything was just hectic for me. Things are calm again so I have time to write again.

Thanks for your patience and feedback Kittens. Also, I thought that since it's been awhile since Tara has made an appearance, I thought I'd throw in some W/T goodness.

Enough out of me ... here's the next part.

PEACE ... Dix

PART 18

The blonde sat in the corner of the couch, her legs crossed but not in the typical fashion for her. Her long, shapely legs were crossed right over left with a thin book sitting on them. Her arm was bent and her elbow sat on the arm of the couch as she rested her chin on her fist and looked over the book on her lap.

Soft music played in the background and Tara flipped through the pages, making notations on some of them as she read along.

The redhead scuttled down the steps and started for the dining room. A quick glance into the living room changed her direction and Willow made her way towards her girlfriend.

"Hey you."

"Hi sweetie," Tara answered without looking up.

The redheaded witch frowned at the lack of attention her lover was showing her and a pout formed on her lips as her brow crinkled in frustration.

Willow stood, her bottom lip sticking out in the perfect pout formation, her brow crinkle was text book displeasure but still, she went unnoticed when Tara failed to look up after several more minutes.

The slender redhead sighed heavily and exaggerated it as much as possible without passing out from lack of oxygen.

Still nothing.

The redhead sighed again and put her hands on her hips. "I'm pouting here." She wined pitifully.

Tara looked up at the comment and took in her lover's pouting form, "Aw, honey I'm sorry, why are you pouting?"

Willow sighed dramatically and flopped down on the couch beside the blonde. "I came downstairs to see my girlfriend, and I did … but I don't think my girlfriend saw me back."

Tara reached over and entwined her fingers with those of her partner's, "I saw you. I always see you."

"But you didn't look up." Came the challenge.

"My heart saw you." Tara answered and she reached up and tucked a few stray locks of red hair behind her lovers ear.

"You heart saw me?" Willow parroted as she leaned into the hand that was now cupping her cheek.

"It always does."

Willow scooted closer and draped her arm over her lovers crossed legs, "Do you think that your lips could see me now?"

Blue eyes met green and Tara shot her girlfriend a lopsided smile, "Didn't they just see you this morning?"

Willow growled and leaned forward, her lips next to the blondes ear, "Yes, several times … and now I want them to see me again."

"Willow." Tara drawled, with slight warning.

She answered with a nip to an earlobe, "What?"

Tara pulled back and looked her girlfriend head on, "Don’t start anything we can't finish."

The redhead moved her other hand to rest on her lovers hips, "Oh, I plan to finish."

"Honey, we can't." Tara said regrettably as she used her hand to trap one of Willow's wandering ones. "Buffy just left for patrol so it's you, me, and Dawnie tonight."

Willow whimpered, her bottom lip shot out, and her eyes went puppy dog, "Maybe we could call-"

"We can't," interrupted Tara, "I'm helping Dawn with her homework as soon as she's finished doing the dinner dishes."

The redhead pushed her bottom lip out even further and Tara just shook her head.

"Does my poutey face mean nothing anymore?" Moped Willow.

"Aw, honey," Tara leaned in and gave her girlfriend a soothing kiss, "You're poutey face is almost impossible to resist, we just can't right now."

"Fine … then can we at least kiss until it's time for you to help Dawn?"

Tara smiled and leaned in, "Mmm, kissing is good. Willow kissage is very good."

And that's how the teen found them, lip-locked on the couch.

Dawn interrupted as delicately as possible and after several minutes, Tara managed to pry Willow off of her and she sent the redhead into the dining room to her computer with the promise of a weekend alone for the Thanksgiving holiday if Willow could make all of the arrangements.

"Tara?" Dawn broached about a half an hour into their study session.

"Yeah Dawnie?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Tara stopped reading over the teen's English assignment and looked up, "Prequeling a question like that usually means trouble. What's up?"

"No, no trouble. It's nothing bad." The teen said quickly. "It's just kind of… embarrassing. No, not embarrassing. It's not embarrassing to ask, well it is-"

"Dawnie," prodded Tara, "Just ask me."

"Can you tell me about… about ah…"

"About?"

The teen closed her eyes and blurted, "About kissing."

Dawn jumped and her eyes shot open when she felt Tara's hand land on her knee.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Dawnie."

The teen blushed and looked down, "There is if you don't know about it. I mean, I feel so stupid. I must be the only kiss virgin in Sunnydale."

Tara suppressed a giggle at the teens inventive language, "Well, I'd rather you be a kiss virgin then a kiss slut."

The teen blushed harder and covered her face with her hands, "Tara, you're supposed to be with the helping and not with the teasing."

"Okay, I'm sorry," the blonde reached up and pulled Dawn's hands away, "What do you want to know about kissing?"

"How to." Dawn shot back wryly. "I mean, I don't know who my first kiss will be with, but I don't want to suck when I do it. Ah, I don't mean suck like suck. I mean suck like bad."

Tara smiled, "Don't worry sweetie, there is no manual for kissing. It's all instinct and chemistry."

"Tara." Moaned the teen, "That so wasn't helpful. I need something I can work with here."

"Okay, how about this, start slow and work your way up. And… make sure it's someone worth kissing."

"That wasn't exactly high on the helpful scale either, Tara, but I guess this is just something I'm going to have to learn as I go huh?"

"Pretty much."

"Okay then, so back to the studying and off of the embarrassing for Dawn conversation."

Tara bit back a smile and nodded, "Back to the studying."

"And Tara," Dawn added, "One more thing?"

"Yes?"

"Can we keep this, you know, a you and me and no one else, ever, talk?"

Dawn reached up and wiped away the tears with the back of her hand. She sat on the floor, her back leaning against her bed, and her head resting back on the comforter at the foot. She tried to push the memory from her mind, but it just wouldn’t go. It was one of the last few times that she and Tara had spent together before the blonde witch was forced to part ways with Willow and move out.

The moment in time was the day before Halloween, the day before Willow and Tara's first fight, that she had seen anyway, and the night before Willow cast the spell that would start the downward spiral for the couple.

The teen had thought everything was so messed up a few weeks ago. Xander and Anya were separated, as were Willow and Tara, Buffy was still depress-o girl, and Dawn, herself had been discovered to be a kleptomaniac.

Things weren't that bad then, at least then there was still hope. Dawn dropped her head head to her knees and started to cry again.

Now, there wasn't even hope.

"Anything?" Giles asked the slayer as she slid back into the passenger's seat.

Buffy looked out the window and nodded at Clem who was waving goodbye.

"So, where are they going?" asked the watcher as he pulled away.

"Africa."

TBC…

Post subject: Re: The Wish -- P18
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:26 pm 
Kaloo Ka-lay! Oh happy Day!

This fic is BACK!!!!!

Dixon, we all know RL comes first. Most of us, anyway. Many of us wish otherwise, but that's talk for another time. What's more important, you've returned with another chapter in this fascinating story. (The bit with Willow's lip almost made me cry, btw) And interestingly, I don't know what's going to happen next. How lovely. Lovely too, how I feel more and more certain a splendid finale waits for us all.

Countless thanks!

Zahir

"O Let my name be in the Book of Love!
If it be there I care not of that other Book above.
Strike it out! Or write it in anew, but
Let my name be in the Book of Love!"

--Omar Kayam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:37 pm 
What!? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am all kinds of grateful for a reply, but man....I was hoping for a little more than this. Okay, no pressure, I understand life and such...no pressure at all....now that the pressure is gone...you can continue writting. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:01 am 
I like how you've used this interlude to show how Dawn is grieving for Tara too. She was such an important person in her life, probably the only one, apart from Joyce, who gave her unconditional support.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:46 am 
loved the update.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:14 am 
I'm all with the yayness right now. Not only did this fic get updated -- but it seems I somehow missed the second to the last update ... so I got a two fer one!

Hoo, preceeded by and obnoxiously loud Woo!

As always, more please ...

JD

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly!" (SpongeBob Squarepants)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:07 am 
Oh I was behind again on the fic. Interesting updates and I look forward to seeing how Tara gets brought back :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:04 am 
I just caught up with this fic. I have no idea how I managed to miss it cause I read practically everything on the board. This is a really amazing story, you have managed to really capture the grief and anguish inherent in this situation. And you do it beautifully.

After all that angst (dude, you made me cry!) I really cant' wait for the reunion. keep on writing and make everything better soon please.

-lat-

- I need my obsessions, they keep me sane -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:56 am 
Dixon, thanks for going on with this fic. It's terribly sad but it will make Tara's return so much more wonderful.

And w/t and dawn were so adorable in this. What a wonderful memory

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oooh Xita!" - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:46 pm 
Cool updates Dixon....I'm really glad I stuck with this fic...you're doing an excellent job. :grin

--Michelle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:43 pm 
great update dix...i finished the entire thing in one sitting...through all of the heartbreak...but it was definitely worth the wait. :) - can't wait for the next update.

steph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:26 pm 
Aaaaaalright!!! it is time for another update!! Bring it on!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:26 am 
ooookaaaay....still waiting on that update....where did everybody go??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:41 am 
yay, way to go B,

i'm confused too, seems everybody left the ship. we need an update! it's too good a fic to go without updates.

C

"Es ist fuer einen Menschen unertraeglich, ertragen zu werden." (Jean Cocteau)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next