The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 12 Drabbles of Willow and Tara (-mas? Probably no ma
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Six geese a laying, A partridge in a pear tree - Nesting.

“So it’s a goose head?” Dawn sat on the countertop looking at the new rubber addition covering the sink drain.

“Uh huh, Miss Kitty could fall in and hurt herself on the trash compactor.”

“But why a goose?”

“Tomia.” Willow walked in, cradling Miss Kitty. “She should know it will bite.”

“Especially after last week’s park visit.” Tara cooed and shook the cat’s paw.

“Tom-i-what-e-a?” Dawn jumped down. “Can I use the computer?”

Willow nodded not wanting to break up the furry snuggles. Snuggles later interrupted by the dial up tone blaring.

“Bird Teeth.”

“Did she just fact check me?”

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Five golden rings.

The Scoobies ached as they slogged out of the cemetery.

“Should w-we stay? Help?”

Xander wrapped his arm over Tara’s shoulders. “We’re more the cheer squad.”

“Slayerettes!” Willow chimed in beside Tara.

“Buffy’s Sonic. Yeah we have our skills but me pumping soft serve isn’t going to collect the rings and defeat Eggman.”

“And I’m kinda pooped from that spell.”

Tara squeezed Willow’s hand. “Sonic?”

“You don’t know Sonic?” Xander removed his arm and charged ahead. “Slayerette sleepover at sótano Harris! You’re going to hype the hedgehog. We’ll pick up snacks, find Anya.”

Tara hung back. “I’m a slayerette?”

“Totally.”

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:42 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Ten lords a-leaping
Author's Note - There's a Eurovision line in here.

A tap

A snap.

A rapa-pap-pap

A thrust

A thrust

A grind cus he must

A jump.

A dodge

A gang jumps down joining the sound.

They step

They slide.

They slick back their hair in stride.

A groove as they move.

Jazz hands greet all around.

The screen went blank. Willow tossed down the remote and leaned back onto the couch.

Tara nestled her head back onto Willow, hugging her arm. “Still not ready Sweetie? Me either.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever be able to watch a musical again.”

Tara intertwined her fingers with Willow's. “We’ve got through worse.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:02 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Four calling birds.

Owls hooted into the night, their calls skimming through the crisp late spring. Steps through the woods echoed causing panicky movement nearby. The witches continued in search of illusive lunabloom.

“Ever feel like owls judge you?”

“What do you mean Sweetie?”

“Like they give you an existential crisis, constantly asking who you are.”

They stopped in a moonlit clearing. Tara faced Willow, taking in her insecurities.

“No, I know who I am.”

“Who’s that?”

Tara fought the urge to cover her face. “Someone worth loving.”

Willow’s eyes gleamed outshining the vibrancy of the night sky. Hoots no longer a consideration

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:12 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Four calling birds.
Author's Note - A group of owls are known as a parliament.

Xander burst up. “You gotta be joking Will.”

“What happened to the hoots? You were just tooting the hooting. Hoot hoot Willow, hoot hoot.”

“I can’t hoot the walking dead. I don’t want another slice of that cake.”

“This isn’t about cake, it’s about Buffy. Tara hoots.” Willow desperately looked to Tara. “You hoot right?”

“I-I don’t want to go into politics.” Tara stared at her lap.

That broke the final straw. Anya stopped her Discovery Channel viewing. “Did you just make a joke to defuse the situation? It’s not funny. Funnier than the resurrection thing but still not funny.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG-13 - Self harm alluded to but not explicitly described.
Prompt - 12 Drummers drumming

Willow closed the empty drawer. It wasn’t right packing her life up this way.

Boxes crashed down.

“Tara no!” Willow rushed over. Holding Tara’s whimpering frame. “We’re just moving it. You’re coming with me.”

Tara shook her head, writhing her neck. Her body escaping Willow’s grasp. More boxes fell. Unpacked trinkets strewn across the floor. Things she cared for but she didn’t know. The constant thump of reality and delusion forging as one. So she knocked. Kept knocking to see who’s home. Only stopping to the sight of little lights.

Willow flicked the switch then descended to the floor, crying.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:29 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Six geese a laying

Chair legs wavered as rope restraints refused to budge. Each tug and twist futile. Even if he did get out of these twine shackles those two witches would stop his escape.

The slayer tied him up but appointed these feeble girls to be guards. Yet all they do is read and occasionally look up when not looking at each other.

Little did they know, he was exactly where he was supposed to be. Time was all he needed. He laughed at his triumph.

“Is he laughing?” asked the red head.

“Can you laugh when gagged?” The other one responded.

“Gaggle?”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:24 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - 12 Drummers drumming

The percussion of the kitchen had woken Tara twenty minutes ago. Despite this, as the clatter of glasses jingled its way upstairs, Tara kept her eyes closed

“Psst,” Tara didn’t stir. “PSST.” A light snore met in response. “Fakey Mcfakingson.”

Tara relented, “funny shapes?”

Willow balanced the tray as she slipped back into bed. “They started as rounds but took the scenic route.”

“Hmm, taking the covers have anything to do with the scenic route?”

“I came here to eat.” Willow matched Tara’s coy smile. “I brought two forks.”

Tara laughed as she took the fork handed to her. “Morning.”

Post subject: Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:29 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do).

You can smell it in the air that glue in price sticker guns. Tonight retail workers will be discounting wilting bouquets, stuffed animals wielding organs and cards of love gatekept for only one day of the year.

Yup it’s Valentines.

Due to Pens being all about Willow and Tara’s relationship what’s a more apt gift on Valentines that more prompts to inspire new stories of enamouring dynamic.

Only every relationship has its light and shade so there will be five Valentines prompts and five Anti-Valentines prompts.

Which side will spark the muses?

Valentines _______________________________ Anti-Valentines

Butterflies _______________________________ Bats
Heart _______________________________ Brain
Serenade _______________________________ Silence
Roses _______________________________ Weeds
Remember _______________________________ Forget

Bonus challenges, Can you write a drabble# including –

- All the Valentines prompts.
- All the Anti-Valentines prompts.
- All the Drabbletines prompts.

There is no time limit on prompts, you can write as many as you like. Mix and match prompts even across the event prompts, there could be five golden rings in a brain.

The only limit is the word count.

Small print – If you do post your drabble elsewhere please link and credit it to this KB post.

Last edited by Dub on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:39 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Remember and Forget
Authors Note - I chose these two as prompts due to brambles Lethe and the usual forgot the day or make a big deal of it, but now I realise I can use this for endless mindless Tara!

Tara’s eyes burnt from tiredness. “You don’t have to watch me.”

“I’m not.” Willow sheepishly shifted in an attempt to look like she was reading.

“Will?”

“Uh huh?”

“Hold me.”

Willow discarded the washing machine manual and slid in behind Tara, embracing her with no desire to let go. “You can ask me for anything. You know that right?”

“You’ve already done so much.”

“And I’ll do so much more. I wanted to remember everything last thing but I didn’t think one of us would forget every last thing.”

“Let’s remember the now. Hope I don’t freak.”

“I’ve got you.”

Post subject: Re: Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Bats

Nauseating stench permeated through the manhole cover. Begrudgingly they lifted it and climbed down the ladder.

“Watch your-“ Tara’s boot squelched into the textures of the humid concrete tunnels. “Step.”

“Are you sure it’s safe?”

“I mean, no safer than running with really really sharp scissors.” Willow surveyed the area with torchlight. “The place echoes, if any nasties are roamin’ we should be able to hear them first.”

Tara kept close to Willow’s lead. “Won’t they hear us too?”

“Did I mention big? Really really big sharp scissors.”

“Two girlies and their scissorin’. Didn’t hear me tho didya. Can’t hide.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:17 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13 - Profanity.
Prompt - Silence

Earth’s swell pulsed as Willow siphoned every last drop of energy, channelling it into herself.

Sweetie listen to me.

“I can’t be hearing you. I have to do this.”

I know you do. But for who?

“You can’t hear them, the poor bastards. There’s so much pain. I’ll silence them all. I’ll silence everything!”

You can hear me.

“I love crayon-breaky Willow and I love scary veiny Willow.”

You can hear him.

“Exactly.”

Can you hear you?

“The loudest.” Energy streamed out of Willow as she wailed into the abyss.

Two voices clear through the crackled roar “I love you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:48 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Weeds

The town’s last breath passed weeks ago. The only life was weeds breaking through crumbling infrastructure. Everything remaining said chaos but the mayhem was long gone.

Willow tapped the passenger side window. The lock clicked, allowing her entry.

“I wasn’t walking out on you.” Tara sat at the wheel, her stare vacant at all the other abandoned vehicles on the road.

“I know.” Willow closed the door. “If you want to go, we’ll go.”

“But we’d turn back.”

“We don’t have to.”

“I’d want to. You’d want to. We run towards fear as much as we run away from it.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:11 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Brain

Time held no merit as they laid on the bed talking. It was strange how comfortable it was just to talk.

“All those schools w-wanted you?”

“Uh huh. I’m sure you got loads of offers too. You’re really smart. I think you’re really smart”

“Nothing Ivy league. You still chose h-here?”

Willow shifted, placing her arms by her sides. “I guess I decided what I wanted to do before knowing which major to take.”

“M-must be nice.”

“I figure everything happens for a reason.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Uncertainty wavered Willow’s voice. Tara’s fingers idly brushed against her own. “Yeah,” Certainty reaffirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:41 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - R
Content Warning - Scenes of a surgical nature, Implied nudity, non consensual licking.
Prompt - Heart
Author's Note - Wordcount limitations did a number on this one, hence 'a lick of his tongue' - What else is he licking with?

Iodine sleeked from neck to navel.

The man threw his tongs into a bucket along with rubber gloves.

“I’ve been lookin’ at yer. Seen how yer cannae do nah wrong. Yer got a good ticker ken.” His nose pressed against Tara’s chest followed by a lick of his tongue. “Me Ma can use a good’un.”

Metal clanged in the shadows

“W-w-”

“IF YER CANNAE SAY IT ONCE, DINNAE SAY IT AT ALL!” He turned

There stood a mightily pissed off Willow. “I just kicked that bucket,” eyes blackened. “Time to kick yours.”

“Aye, dat is me bucket ya wee dafty.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:39 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses

“It’s beautiful.” Tara gawped at the magnificence of the landscaped garden. Sculpture water features, bushes trimmed to perfection, flowers scenting the air.

“It’s pretty.” Willow gawped alongside.

“And now we get to dig it up.” Anya cheerily handed them a shovel. “Start here. Xander and I will start behind those bushes.”

“Luvs young dream, pullin’ poesies by midnight.” Spike plonked down on an ornate bench.

“No helping hands?” Asked Willow.

“I found the place. Vampires tend to dig out of graves, not dig ‘em up.”

“Did you check if the owners were home?” Tara added as the porch lit up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13 - Blood
Prompt - Seranade and Silence.

Tara could only be there as all the sorrow, pain and confusion Buffy had withheld dampened her skirt. Until keys were inserted into the lock resulting in Buffy getting a knee to the nose and pushed aside as Tara hid behind the couch.

Buffy stood in a daze.

Willow went to Buffy concerned “Did you get hit in the face?”

“What’s wrong with my face?” Forgetting Tara’s gift.

“The bleeding and it’s all puffy Buffy.”

Buffy’s urgency returned, Willow couldn’t know. “Before we go into rhyming couplets help me clean up.”

Tara sighed in relief as they climbed the stairs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Prompt - Butterflies

“I’m out. Lungs. Legs. Living.” Xander slumped on the track.

“Me too.” Willow joined the slump.

“Me three.” Tara rested on Willow’s shoulders. “Think Buffy will notice we stopped?”

“She’s all gooey eyed with Riley. He’s keeping pace.”

“Pfft sure army guy can soldier on. I could have been a varsity swimmer. If this wasn’t land, different story.”

“You swam for a week.”

“Yeah but what a week. Learnt all the stuffs. You know, doggy style.”

Willow raised a dubious eyebrow. Xander looked to Tara as she joined her thumbs, fluttering her hands in front of her chest.

“Booby stroke.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:36 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Butterflies
Authors Note - In two minds. I find Tara saying 'no' to indicate a comfortableness to continue talking but I feel her shaking her head is more apt. Then Willow can break Tara's mold into talking again. Plus its a middle ground between talking and writing, physically communicating. If more than 100 words, I would go with the head shake. For the sake of progression in 100 words, I go with 'no'.

Willow’s eyes opened to awe. Luminous pinks and blues glowed around them. Floating around the room. The movement organic yet feeling completely otherworldly.

“You saw this?”

Tara sat opposite, the lights contouring her features. “Kinda. I said w-we can m-manifest w-what w-we see but that doesn’t m-mean w-with only our eyes.” Tara lowered her head causing the illuminations to briefly fritter.

“Hey, it’s okay.”

“I can erm, I-I can w-write it down.” Tara went to get up but Willow wouldn’t let go.

“Can you control them?”

“N-no.”

Tara looked to see a light booping into Willow’s nose.

“This one’s nosey.”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember and Forget.

“Now the nurse said Tara was in an agitated state.”

“But I can still bring her home right? I got the pills and the other doctor said all the stuff and,” Willow felt her chest closing in.

“Breathe. You can take Tara home. She’s just through there.”

Willow nodded her thanks. Chest growing tighter as she was met with an empty bed.

“Tara? Baby?” Willow closed the door, honing in on whimpers. Tara huddled in the corner muttering away. Willow gingerly sat beside her. Her chest tightening further due to comfort seeking arms wrapping themselves around her. A good tight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:04 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember

“I’m being weird aren’t I?” Willow clutched books to her chest as she meandered the campus with Tara.

“I’m not complaining,” giving a smile to match the sentiment.

“Twenty minutes talking about the cemeteries of Sunnydale. That’s not all doomy gloomy morbidiness?”

Tara came to a pause outside her class. “It depends how you look at it. There’s dead bodies.”

“Some not dead dead.”

“Yes, some not dead dead. But there’s monuments to people’s lives. A place to be remembered. Live on. If someone’s remembered they can live on forever. To anybody who reads their name.

“You think?”

“I hope.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Silence

They sat at the Magic Box’s round table. Their blank expressions unwavering as monotone voices exchanged observation details of surroundings.

“That thing,” said Buffy

“Yes that thing,” agreed Giles.

Xander turned to Anya “I feel that thing is judging me.”

“I judge you with that thing, for that thing. You know that thing?” Anya asked Willow

“I remember that thing. I told you that thing.” Willow turned her head to Tara who was inconspicuously behind a bookcase. “She does not know that thing.”
They simultaneously rose, heading towards Tara.

Spike came up behind Tara. “No sign of a bloody bong.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13 - Medical terms
Prompt - Serenade
Author's Note - HAPPY POKEMON DAY!

Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Headache, Vertigo, Dyspepsia, Abdominal pain, Flatulence, Decreased appetite, Increased transaminase level in blood, Rash, Dry mouth, Sweaty palms, Temporary loss of eyesight in one or both eyes, Hangnails and Death.”

“SpongeBob just finished!” Exclaimed Willow.

“What’s that Sweetie?” Tara placed down two tall glasses of iced tea.

“Medical adverts in the cartoon slot. It goes all yay to endless slumber.”

“Aww. The next cartoon will make you yay.”

“Until the adverts push permo Nyquil.”

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.

“You can enjoy the cartoon until then. No endless slumber.”

Jiggly Jigglypuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Serenade

“In the top draw.” Willow draped herself over the bed while flicking through the latest gossip magazine.

The draw contained an organised collection of CDs and homemade mixtapes. Tara’s heart faltered as she saw tapes labelled ‘for Will’. “Tape okay?”

“Sure, the player is on the front of the stereo. What you’d pick?”

“I don’t know.”

Willow paled. “Don’t know? Pick blindly or unfamiliar name? Cos there’s some obscure bands Oz picked up on out of town gigs.”

“It wasn’t labelled.”

Willow’s fear came true but she was too late to act as Tara pressed play.

“Is that Mr Giles?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Five golden rings

A dome of brown hair peeked around the doorframe. Two gleeful eyes sparkling with unbridled enthusiasm.

“She knows we can see her right?”

Willow sucked popcorn butter off her fingers. “It wasn’t an accident with the bathroom earlier.”

Tara raised an eyebrow. “When I got my brush?”

“She’s been weird all day.”

“We haven’t forgotten anything have we?” Taking piece a popcorn.

“It’s February. Not her birthday.”

Tara and Willow locked eyes as it clicked. They turned their gaze to the disappearing head.

“Back in the room.” Tara commanded

Dawn slinked in the room, confetti in hand. “Leap year proposal?”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:47 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Bats
Authors Note - Internet life hack, stealing a wheelchair is cheaper than buying a fast track ticket.

Crowds. Today of all days, there had to be crowds.

“Sorry!” The honk of Willow at the reins.

“Child! Child!” Tara held on as Willow swerved the wheelchair right. “The enclosure’s to the left.”

Willows exasperation got the better of her. “Hey, wheelchair here. Rude much.”

The crowd parted, murmurs and stink eyes pointed at Tara as they passed to the front.

Bulging red eyes were unresponsive. Its grey fur matted and leathery wings torn. Shackles kept the 8ft gargantuan from escaping. It spread its wings and roared.

“Holy bat nipples.” Joked the crowd.

Now the hard part, releasing it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages). - Bloody isn't a swear word.They won't read this but they'll know that's directed to them.
Prompt - Weeds

“Oh bloody hell.” Spike stamped out his cigarette, turning on his heels in defiance. “Good luck finding your information from the weeds occupying these dregs.”

Tara kept her voice low. “Maybe we should pay him.”

“No way, we’ve paid in advance with all the stuff he steals.” Willow tightened her coat, squaring her chest. “If anything not staking you is payment enough.”

Chuckles chilled the salted dock air. “Hardly Cagney and Lacey you two.” Spike kept walking.

Willow took out a stake, giving an uneasy look to Tara.

Tara shook her head. Time and options were short. “We have money.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:59 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Forget

“Forget something?” Tara’s voice was soft and non-accusatory. Partly because she knew Willow didn’t forget but mainly because it was 3am.

Willow rubbed her eyes. The dim glow of computer monitors an equal mix of inviting and irritating to them. “Was I meant to pick up Dawn? Oh God, is Dawn home?”

“Shhh,” Tara pulled up a chair beside Willow and wrapped an arm around her. “You picked her up earlier. What’s this?”

“Installing OS, has to be done by eight.” Willow rested her head on Tara’s shoulder, allowing her eyes to close.

Tara would wake her when it beeps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember and Brain
Author Note - It's one thing to know the things said and done in someone's life, shared or taken. But to know someone's memories is to know next to nothing. But then again there's exceptions to every notion.

Willow fought herself more than she thought possible. How she wanted to unleash rhetoric levelling the vitriol being spat at her. Plaguing Taunts from Cordelia. Barbed backhanded comments from her parents. Insecurities she told no one but the woman who she trusted more than anyone else, the woman who was spitting the vitriol.

Tara tilted her head to the left, eyes piercing through Willow as she delivered her killing blow. “Another family I no longer love.”

Willow punched the invisible devil on Tara’s shoulder. “That’s where you messed up. Tara loves her family regardless of what I feel to that.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Heart, Brain, Silence.

“It’s just a fix.”

Tara kept walking. Reasoning’s, excuses, words. Whatever Willow was saying fell on deaf ears. Actions screamed while words were no more than dust floating in the rays of sunlight streaking through the cracks of opaque shadows. There in the light. There in the dark. It builds until it has to go. Always comes back, builds up and then has to go again.

“You didn’t need to fix what wasn’t broken.”

“I know it isn’t broken. It isn’t.” Willow looked with pleading eyes the question unspoken known. The answer clear in the eyes looking back at her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next