The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Aug 31st 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Quote:
“But they’re so difficult and unwieldy!” Willow said with shining eyes and an ever-widening smile.

SO ADORABLE! that line is the best!

Fred is Willow's roommate!!! Oh that should be interesting and undoubtedly fun!! (Its funny the last chapter I posted also had a pot smoking girl in it). Tara is just perfect.

You went to a bar in North Hollywood?? That is where I lived most of my time in LA (well Valley Village but basically NoHo), definitely a different vibe than West Hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Ahhh yes, love the inclusion of Fred. Definitely more than Crystal haha. Fred wanting weed makes a lot of sense actually, and I like how you've written her so far.

I stole most of Fred from this chapter from the Angel episode where they all revert to their younger selves!

Quote:
Excited to see more of their college lives!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for commenting!

Will's redemption

Quote:
I'm happy for Willow that her relationship with her parents is getting better, especially that Sheila is treating her with more respect and even some genuine warmth. I suspect that for some reason Sheila can properly interact with adults only so it's easier for her now that her daughter is practically an adult.

Yes I agree and I don't think it hurt that they were alone...

Quote:
Nice that Fred caught them in the act of kissing and showed that she isn't "bothered" in any way by the fact that her roommate is in a loving relationship with a woman.

Yes I definitely wasn't going to make that an issue!

Quote:
Impressive physics analogy from Willow concerning her and Tara's love and great answer from Fred. Those two "nerds" really "click", I trust they'll become great friends.

Me too!

Quote:
I hardly know anything about the original character Fred because I never watched the later seasons of "Angel" - apart from the one crossover-episode during the timeline of season 7 of Buffy where Willow visited and once again restored Angel's soul. I do recall that in this episode Willow and Fred also immediately got along well with each other.

Yes I think they have a lot in common and would be great pals.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

shirrey

Quote:
SO ADORABLE! that line is the best!

Quote:
Fred is Willow's roommate!!! Oh that should be interesting and undoubtedly fun!! (Its funny the last chapter I posted also had a pot smoking girl in it). Tara is just perfect.

I think a modern Buffy would definitely have more pot smoking in it.

Quote:
You went to a bar in North Hollywood?? That is where I lived most of my time in LA (well Valley Village but basically NoHo), definitely a different vibe than West Hollywood.

I did! I couldn't even remember where but I did some research and apparently it was 'The Good Nite' (I didn't choose I was brought there :P )

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Tara’s First Day At College

I Wanna Find Something I've Wanted All Along

Not for the first time since moving in, Tara awoke to the sun drenching her its light before her alarm ever went off.

She wasn’t sure quite what it was about this LA light that was so different from Sunnydale, but she truly felt like she could bathe in it.

She held the cool, crisp sheet closer to her body and closed her eyes again to feel the warmth on her lids.

She’d pretty much gone straight to bed after leaving Willow in Claremont the night before; feeling oddly emotional as she drove back alone.

It was silly, she knew — they weren’t even 50 miles away and Willow planned to spend most of their weekends up here with her.

Tara would have to work some of that time, that was if she was successful with her interview at the end of the week at the gay bar she and Willow had visited on their first night here. She’d handed in her resume in a few other places, but they were the only ones who’d gotten back to her so far.

They’d also both have homework and study but even just being in the same room, reading from their respective textbooks, or quizzing each other on their upcoming tests was worth making that journey for. Tara hoped Willow truly did agree and felt some odd insecurity driving home in the car last night, hence the unexpected emotion.

It did help that she had, albeit normal, anxieties about starting her classes today. Tara had held Willow’s hand for as far as she could in Willow’s journey but it made her feel lonesome to experience this apart. It just wasn’t what they did.

She had to remind herself she had been prepared to travel the world alone, so the first day of classes was nothing to be intimidated about.

As long as no bush turkeys showed up to chase her.

With that memory in mind, she pushed herself up and allowed herself a long, luxurious stretch.

She checked her phone and saw an eager early-morning text from Willow, clearly high on the caffeine of a mocha or two, excitedly detailing her breakfast visit and then the library and how she was the first one to show up for her Machine Learning class.

Tara texted off an affectionate response about her little busy bee and set off for the shower.

The apartment was quiet; it always was. Sometimes Tara had to remind herself she was in the middle of LA. Her roommate seemed to creak about at night or occasionally come out to answer the door dash delivery of food or blood or whatever it was she lived on.

Tara didn’t mind. She didn’t need to be a member of a band to know that some people just liked to march to the beat of their own drum. She’d rather them be ships in the night than having to maintain a false relationship.

Plus it made it feel like she kind of had her own place to herself.

At least once she’d gotten rid of that lingering smell.

The shower pressure in the place was surprisingly adept considering how old the building looked and with a roommate on a different schedule, she could take her time. She made sure every strand of hair was washed and every pore was exfoliated and every little bit of skin was suitably soaped before she even thought of stepping out again.

Towel tucked into itself, she wiped the mirror free of steam so she could check her complexion and apply some lotion.

As she rubbed the back of her neck, she closed her eyes. She remembered the past weekend how it had felt that she and Willow had a little love den. They would stand in the bathroom together after steaming up the shower and Willow’s hand would wisp past her neck, making the hairs there stand up as she placed a kiss on Tara’s shoulder.

It was so simple but so intimate and domestic in a way Tara had never really known.

Of course, they had spent a year in each other’s pockets and a lifetime not much different but it was different when it was just the two of them without needing to share the space with anyone else. This was truly Tara’s place, she had the rent anxiety to prove it, and it sparked ideas in her mind of what a space that was really, truly theirs might look like.

Still, that was a floating thought for another time. There was too much on Tara’s plate already this morning.

She opened a drawer under the sink and her hand hovered over her make-up collection. She was unsure what ‘vibe’ she was going for today. Casual, yes. Studious, of course. But maybe a little…pop. Something that didn’t draw every eye in the room to her but still identified as a person not lost in the shadows.

She finally settled on a light coat of foundation with some blue eyeshadow and lip gloss. She went into the bedroom and picked her phone up from the nightstand; snapping a quick face-only selfie, which she sent to Willow.

There was an immediate response.

Her confidence boosted, Tara dressed in a matching blue skirt and jacket with a white shirt underneath. She did a mirror selfie this time and sent it to Willow.

She smiled as she set her phone down and pulled her satchel up to check the contents. Her binder, check. Some pens, check. Her iPad, check. Most importantly, her textbooks. Those things cost a damn fortune, even the second-hand copies Willow had found for her online.

The only thing missing was her lunch.

That thought suddenly triggered the memory from the night before of Willow telling her to check the fridge in the morning. Curious, she went out to the kitchen and pulled open the fridge. A little fuller than it had been when she first moved in, as Tara had utilized Willow’s presence to help her carry home some groceries, and something distinct on the second shelf.

An old, but surprisingly pristine, pink lunchbox with Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore on it with ‘Best Friends’ written in cursive Disney-esque scrawl.

Tara recognized it after a moment. She recalled giving an identical one to Willow as a good luck gift in the 1st grade as her young self had started to note a distance between them on the school grounds and — unable to process why — thought a gift would help. She’d done extra chores all summer to earn enough to buy it.

While not the exact same one (Xander had stood on and killed Piglet via lobotomy in the 2nd grade) Willow had obviously scoured the internet for a replica. Tara had forgotten about it completely; the exchange having done its job of soothing her tiny anxious soul when Willow had been delighted with the gift and said she’d think of her every time she took her lunchtime Pop-Tarts out.

Even then, Tara wished Willow got pinwheel sandwiches and apple slices and little goldfish crackers like her mom packed for her. They weren’t even frosted Pop-Tarts until Willow was old enough to buy her own what with the Rosenbergs keeping a kosher house.

Tara felt so guilty at the disparity of their lunches, she’d even offered Willow to take her whole lunchbox a few times but Willow had just shaken her head and hurried off away from the schoolyard.

Tara swallowed deeply as all of those memories and accompanying emotions came back to her at once. To remember, with all of the context and adult understanding she now possessed, all she could see was her scared, sweet girl too smart for her own good.

There was a little love-heart Post-It stuck to the front of the lunchbox. Tara traced the edges and let her eyes fall over each word.

She smiled and popped the catch to peek inside. There were some veggies cut into heart shapes, grapes with googly eyes, mochi that they’d bought in Little Tokyo that weekend, and a slice of peanut buttered bread with banana and blueberries for a face.

Tara had no idea when Willow had sneaked away to do all of this but was so incredibly touched. She took a selfie with the peanut butter face and sent it to Willow who sent back a GIF.

Tara smiled at the ridiculous cartoon and yet how she could see Willow’s eager, coy grin contained within the image.

She wasn’t sure Willow would like the comparison despite her being the one to send it, so instead Tara replied with lots of hearts and a kiss emoji.

Just as she sent it, her phone started to bzzzz with a reminder to get her skates on and so she deposited her lunchbox safe in her satchel and put it over her shoulder.

Not for the first time, she wondered if she should call out a goodbye to Crystal but once again opted not to in case she woke her. Her new roommate seemed to be a night owl and was scary enough with a full night’s (day’s?) sleep.

It still took Tara by surprise as she stepped out of the apartment and into the LA air.

That this was her place, her city. The rattle and hum were hers and the blanket of culture was hers; hell, even the smog was hers. She was in her home and so far she’d loved every bit of it.

Rushing into the parking lot, Tara pulled her car keys from her pocket.

She had looked into getting public transportation to get her to college every day, but the time sink was a big deterrent. A minimum of two buses and even the quickest route was two buses with a metro line ride in-between.

Maybe Tara should have looked a little harder for somewhere closer to school, but she really needed a place she could bring Willow over and she really didn’t want to be living amongst a lot of drunken fellow students, and yes, okay, maybe she enjoyed it a little that she could say she was a resident of West Hollywood.

And so, sucking up the cost of gas for her own sense of satisfaction (and really hoping she got that job) Tara swung herself into the car and deposited herself right bang smack in the middle of LA traffic.

It wasn’t all bad.

At least she had her tapes.

Tara lost some of her confident walk as she stepped back out of the car in the student parking lot outside of the campus. Her little ‘student’ tag hung over the rearview mirror, identifying her right to be there, and she gave it a little tap like it might instill in her its very word.

Student.

She was a student.

Right here, in this place.

Like she’d…not quite always wanted?

Willow was the one who lusted after grades and schools and general academic life. Tara had always just wanted to experience what life had to offer outside of the classroom, but she also recognized the importance of education. She did not take for granted that she got to be here, especially after all of their travels and seeing how people, especially girls, were denied such.

But it had taken time for her to settle on a graphic design and marketing course; hoping it piqued enough of her interests in art and history to be something she could see herself doing for the rest of her life.

For a lot of people, that was a scary thought, but Tara knew the rest of her life had been planned for her since she was four years old. She and Willow would be together and whatever else, well, those details would slot into place.

Okay, it was a little scary.

But there were no bush turkeys here to chase her away and so she locked the car, looking around slightly self-consciously at the newer models surrounding her, and played with the strap of her bag as she made her way toward campus.

She’d given herself time; time to grab a coffee and find her first classroom but found most all of the rest of the student population had done the same. Between lines and wrong turns and bumping into other lost souls, she skidded into the large lecture room right as the professor marched in from the other side.

She took the nearest seat, near the front and whipped out her iPad before the professor even had time to put his coffee cup down.

The guy in the seat next to Tara looked at her and smirked, which made Tara blush furiously. She hoped he wouldn’t read into that because she had never fared well with the awkwardness of rejection, on either side of the coin.

Thankfully, her attention was quickly pulled away as the professor demanded the attention of the class with a whistle. He smirked, but it was charming. He sat on the front of his desk.

“Got your attention? Good. Now you’ll listen to what I have to say. Remember that. You’ll have to find your whistle. And it isn’t always what sounds the loudest.”

He jumped down and walked behind his desk, where a black and white image of a wooden contraption went up on the screen.

“In 1440 Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press. And thanks to him, every single one of you is here today.”

He looked out at them all importantly.

“Welcome to Marketing 101.”

Tara smiled, her lips sloping up on one side with hopeful intrigue.

“Okay. Thank you. Yes, thank you so much. Bye.”

Tara hung up the call and resisted jumping for joy if only for the benefit of the family living in the apartment below. Instead, she sat down on the edge of her bed and swung her legs up to kick the air excitedly. Her conscientious celebration finished, she let her feet hit the floor again when she heard the doorbell pierce the ambient city sounds floating in from her open window.

She walked into the open space of the apartment toward the front door. A few strides away, Crystal’s door opened. Her head popped out, stared at Tara for a moment, then she disappeared again.

Tara reminded herself that she, too, was often an introvert.

She opened the front door and a smile lit up her face when she saw her girlfriend on the other side with an overnight bag on her back and her helmet held at her hip.

Tara immediately caught Willow by the cheeks and pulled her in to plant a smoldering kiss on her lips.

Once released, Willow stumbled back a bit, grinning in a dopey manner.

“That’s the smooch I’ve been waiting for all week.”

Tara blew out a soft breath and connected her forehead to Willow’s.

“Hi.”

“Hi,” Willow returned softly, cupping Tara’s cheek and rubbing gently.

She placed a soft kiss on Tara’s lips and their fingers linked by their sides. Smiling, Tara pulled Willow gently inside the door.

Willow inhaled deeply as she entered and noticed her nostrils didn’t flare in disgust the way they did when Tara first moved in.

“Ooh, it smells good in here now.”

“I got a plug-in,” Tara explained.

“Island Breeze?” Willow guessed, “Reminds me of Fiji. Without the lack of clothing and police presence.”

Tara brought Willow into her bedroom and waited on the couch while Willow put her things in the corner then came to join her.

Tara linked both sets of fingers and shuffled close enough for their knees to touch. She leaned in to kiss Willow again and allowed herself to linger for several moments before settling back.

“How are you? How’s your roommate situation going? Still keeping you up all night on those conspiracy sites?”

Willow’s eyes widened slightly.

“She makes some really convincing arguments about the Kennedy assassination.”

Tara laughed quietly and squeezed Willow’s fingers.

“I hope you’ve been getting your sleep,” she said, batting her eyes coquettishly, “Because I plan on keeping you up late tonight. And the CIA won’t be able to cover up how loud I make you scream.”

Willow grinned and leaned in invitingly.

“Is that a promise?”

“Mm-hmm,” Tara agreed as they met for another missed kiss during their first full week apart in a long time, “Guess what?”

“Your lips are like pillows wrapped up in clouds?” Willow guessed, knowingly erroneously but not caring a bit.

Tara shook her head gently and grinned.

“I got the job.”

It took Willow a split second to transfer from passion to praise but as soon as it clicked she squeezed Tara’s hands so tight that they turned white and pulled her into a giant hug.

“Of course you did, you’re amazing!” she proclaimed, pressing multiple kisses to Tara’s cheek, “I’m so proud of you! I can’t believe you didn’t tell me.”

“I just heard right before you arrived,” Tara replied, releasing Willow after a momentary squeeze, “They need a host who can pick up some barback work when they convert into a nightclub so it’s perfect.”

Willow lessened her grip on Tara’s hands but keep them locked in with her own.

“I knew that place was great. I felt it when we went there our first night. And I have to say, I feel way more comfortable with you working in a gay bar. Not that you can’t handle yourself, I just hate thinking of you having to defend yourself against sleazes constantly back at Honkerburger.”

“I would only work in one of those restaurants again if it was managed by a woman,” Tara replied easily, “And bonus — this place is run and owned by women and try to hire LGBTQ staff so it very much feels like a safe space. Here’s the only downside: I’ll be working a lot of weekends.”

“That’s okay,” Willow shrugged, “I can get my homework done and stuff. And I can keep the bed warm when you come home exhausted and need some eager arms to fall into.”

Tara’s lips sloped up at one side.

“You’re very good at that.”

Willow flexed her guns, as much as was there, then held her arms out in a circle.

“They’re Tara-shaped,” she said and let them pull Tara into a hug, “I was made for you.”

Tara accepted the hug while Willow smiled on, proudly.

“When do you start?”

“Tomorrow,” Tara replied apologetically as she pulled back slightly.

Willow waved her hand.

“I have reading to do anyway.”

Tara shuffled to Willow eagerly.

“Tell me all about college.”

“You tell me first!” Willow replied with just as much gusto.

They traded stories of their first few days of college for over an hour; Willow of her late-night chats with Fred and the stimulation of being back in an academic setting while Tara spoke of a reserved excitement she had as she settled into her major and discovered it clicked in a way she hadn’t felt before.

“I’m really excited about my Graphic Design classes,” she said with a demure smile, “There’s just something so satisfying about creating something that influences someone else’s thinking.”

“Well, duh, you’ve been songwriting your whole life,” Willow replied with a chuckle, “I have to admit I thought it was a bit out of left field when you first suggested it but now I really get it. You’ve always created stuff and now you’re doing it on a screen — I’ll take thanks for that influence.”

Tara stuck out her tongue and Willow giggle.

“No, but seriously. I’m so glad you’re excited about this. I am too. For you and for me. My classmates were so unimpressed by my note-taking app and I kinda liked that. I like the competition.”

“You hated Chris Epps,” Tara countered.

Willow’s face fell.

“You swore to never let that name pass those beautiful, flocculent lips.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s arm.

“I’m sorry. I’m just wondering what changed.”

Willow thought about it for a second.

“I did,” she said finally, “I know that the outcome isn’t the sum of my worth. And that makes me pushed to compete from my own assuredness and not my insecurity.”

A smile lit up on Tara’s face.

“That is so hot.”

Willow grinned and pulled Tara right up to her.

“Now there’s the sum of all my motivation.”

They kissed softly and Tara let her fingertips fall under the hem of Willow’s shirt right above her hip. This encouraged Willow to throw her leg over Tara’s and deepen the kiss.

Tara’s hand reached up Willow’s back and rubbed the spot under her bra. She pulled Willow closer then dropped her lips away to take a breath.

“We… should eat.”

Willow rolled her palms over Tara’s shoulders.

“Yeah, we should,” she replied in a low tone and with an arched eyebrow, “Wanna do it together?”

“Maybe over the table,” Tara replied with a faux-innocence that was just oh-so-believable.

Willow’s eyes bounced with the joy of internal calculations.

“We might be pushing the limits of gravity but I’m up for trying!” she replied eagerly, then slowly sank into a pout, “You’re talking about food aren’t you?”

Tara grinned on one side.

“For now.”

Willow playfully shoved Tara’s arm, then cuddled up under her chin.

“You wanna do pizza?”

Tara kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“I’m making you some peachy pork chops.”

Willow closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the embrace. When she was ready, she looked up to Tara adoringly.

“How did I get so lucky?”

Tara placed a soft kiss on Willow’s lips.

“By being brave.”

Willow’s smile slowly lit up her face.

They snuggled for another moment before getting up to make their way into the kitchen.

“I went to the farmer’s market this afternoon after class and got the freshest peaches,” Tara said, picking up one peach from the fruit bowl, a new feature since Willow had been there last.

There were some other little touches here and there that made it seem more homely; magnets on the fridge, a used dishtowel, some flowers.

“What can I do?” she asked, placing a small kiss on Tara’s covered shoulder from behind.

“You can prep the green beans if you want,” Tara replied and offered her the pack.

Willow got a knife and stood beside Tara as they had in the little kitchens in hostels all around the world. They smiled, sharing the same memory, or collection of them.

They chatted as Tara got the chops on the skillet and surrounded them with the fresh peaches, sliced in half. Willow had always loved watching Tara cook; finding the fluid way she moved about a kitchen — no matter how small — enticing, and loving the way she hummed to herself. It reminded her how music often overtook Tara’s soul. She hoped Tara would find a way to express herself in that way again.

As they plated up, Willow nodded toward the other bedroom door.

“Is it still a ghost town over there?”

“Uh-huh,” Tara replied, non-committal.

Willow smiled softly.

“Like having the whole place to yourself.”

Tara glanced over to Willow, hesitating at the table.

“I feel awkward using the communal spaces.”

Willow frowned.

“Why? You pay rent.”

“I know,” Tara replied, but her gaze was directed at the floor.

“We can eat at the table in your room if you want,” Willow suggested upon seeing Tara’s demeanor change, “It’s nicer actually. By the window.”

Tara looked up and smiled and they returned to her bedroom to eat by the window with the setting sun casting an orange glow on their meal and each other’s shadow.

When they finished eating, they left their empty plates on the little table and Willow bounced over to the bed to sit on the side. She leaned back on her elbows and smiled.

“Those were the peachiest pork chops I’ve ever had,” she said with a serene smile, “So what do you want to do? Do you want to go out or something tonight?”

Tara wiped her mouth with her napkin and tossed it on top of the plates.

“Well…” she started, pivoting her body out of the seat, “I was thinking, tomorrow, how about you come by and collect me after work and we can stay and dance to whatever DJ they have on.”

“That sounds great!” Willow replied eagerly and scrunched her lips together, “So what do you want to do tonight?”

Tara linked her fingers together in front of her and lifted them above her head to stretch. She didn’t miss Willow’s eyes falling to the rim of skin above her pants that became exposed nor the arched eyebrow of lust that appeared during the accompanying exhale.

She let her arms drop by her side and stepped up to Willow’s shoes, where she climbed over Willow’s body. She pushed Willow’s arms down and then pinned them above her head.

After locking their eyes for a few intense seconds, she brushed her lips on Willow’s and whispered evocatively into her mouth.

“I’ve missed you…”

Willow’s eyes fluttered closed.

“Oh and I’ve missed you too…”

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Sept 7th 20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:50 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs! :whip

I loved that Willow gifted Tara for her first day of college with the same lunchbox she got from her during their first year of elementary school (also cute that the food within would be perfect for a little kid, with the smiley face and all).

Quote:
While not the exact same one (Xander had stood on and killed Piglet via lobotomy in the 2nd grade) Willow had obviously scoured the internet for a replica.

Ouch, poor Piglet. I imagine little Willow was devastated and little Xander felt so guilty...

It's great that you bring the text messages, GIFs etc. into this story as well now that they don't see each other every day anymore.

Quote:
But it had taken time for her to settle on a graphic design and marketing course; hoping it piqued enough of her interests in art and history to be something she could see herself doing for the rest of her life.

For a lot of people, that was a scary thought, but Tara knew the rest of her life had been planned for her since she was four years old. She and Willow would be together and whatever else, well, those details would slot into place.

AWWW! :flower

Quote:
“How are you? How’s your roommate situation going? Still keeping you up all night on those conspiracy sites?”

Willow’s eyes widened slightly.

“She makes some really convincing arguments about the JFK assassination.”

Tara laughed quietly and squeezed Willow’s fingers.

“I hope you’ve been getting your sleep,” she said, batting her eyes coquettishly, “Because I plan on keeping you up late tonight. And the CIA won’t be able to cover up how loud I make you scream.”

:lol

Quote:
“I got the job.”

It took Willow a split second to transfer from passion to praise but as soon as it clicked she squeezed Tara’s hands so tight that they turned white and pulled her into a giant hug.

“Of course you did, you’re amazing!” she proclaimed, pressing multiple kisses to Tara’s cheek, “I’m so proud of you!

Yay, me too! :applause
I'm curious if "DJ Tarot" will start her career in this club.

Quote:
I’m so glad you’re excited about this. I am too. For you and for me. My classmates were so unimpressed by my note-taking app and I kinda liked that. I like the competition.”

“You hated Chris Epps,” Tara countered.

Willow’s face fell.

“You swore to never let that name pass those beautiful, flocculent lips.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s arm.

“I’m sorry. I’m just wondering what changed.”

Willow thought about it for a second.

“I did,” she said finally, “I know that the outcome isn’t the sum of my worth. And that makes me pushed to compete from my own assuredness and not my insecurity.”

A smile lit up on Tara’s face.

“That is so hot.”

Willow grinned and pulled Tara right up to her.

“Now there’s the sum of all my motivation.”
Another proof of Willow's great personal growth (although she kept her resentment against an old school rival, I presume?).

Quote:
“We… should eat.”

Willow rolled her palms over Tara’s shoulders.

“Yeah, we should,” she replied in a low tone and with an arched eyebrow, “Wanna do it together?”

“Maybe over the table,” Tara replied with a faux-innocence that was just oh-so-believable.

Willow’s eyes bounced with the joy of internal calculations.

“We might be pushing the limits of gravity but I’m up for trying!” she replied eagerly, then slowly sank into a pout, “You’re talking about food aren’t you?”

Tara grinned on one side.

“For now.”

:rofl

Quote:
Willow closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the embrace. When she was ready, she looked up to Tara adoringly.

“How did I get so lucky?”

Tara placed a soft kiss on Willow’s lips.

“By being brave.”

Willow’s smile slowly lit up her face.

Awww again! :flower :bigkiss

Quote:
“So what do you want to do tonight?”

Tara linked her fingers together in front of her and lifted them above her head to stretch. She didn’t miss Willow’s eyes falling to the rim of skin above her pants that became exposed nor the arched eyebrow of lust that appeared during the accompanying exhale.

She let her arms drop by her side and stepped up to Willow’s shoes, where she climbed over Willow’s body. She pushed Willow’s arms down and then pinned them above her head.

After locking their eyes for a few intense seconds, she brushed her lips on Willow’s and whispered evocatively into her mouth.

“I’ve missed you…”

Willow’s eyes fluttered closed.

“Oh and I’ve missed you too…”

Feel free to continue this interaction in great detail in the next chapter - although they should probably not try some "69" on Tara's little foldable table to prevent it's destruction and potential injuries on their part... :wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:02 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

THE GOOD NITE!!! I have spent many drunken nights watching others sing karaoke at the Good Nite- small world..

This chapter was just sweetness- It is so nice to see them settle in and thrive in their new surroundings- and absence makes the heart grow fonder, and the body hornier

They are so delightful together!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:

:banana

Quote:
I loved that Willow gifted Tara for her first day of college with the same lunchbox she got from her during their first year of elementary school (also cute that the food within would be perfect for a little kid, with the smiley face and all).

I do love childlike Willow

Quote:
Ouch, poor Piglet. I imagine little Willow was devastated and little Xander felt so guilty...

Poor little people with too big emotions.

Quote:
It's great that you bring the text messages, GIFs etc. into this story as well now that they don't see each other every day anymore.

Glad you enjoy them!

Quote:
Yay, me too! :applause
I'm curious if "DJ Tarot" will start her career in this club.

Perhaps, perhaps... :wink

Quote:
Another proof of Willow's great personal growth (although she kept her resentment against an old school rival, I presume?).

A little bit of the old Willow still appears!

Quote:
Feel free to continue this interaction in great detail in the next chapter - although they should probably not try some "69" on Tara's little foldable table to prevent it's destruction and potential injuries on their part... :wink

:lol :lol You'll have to leave it to your imagination this time but you can be sure they twisted themselves into all kinds of numbers :wink

shirrey

Quote:
THE GOOD NITE!!! I have spent many drunken nights watching others sing karaoke at the Good Nite- small world..

No way! Amazing! Yes I watched some good karaoke there. The friend I was with is a musician and she killed it.

Quote:
This chapter was just sweetness- It is so nice to see them settle in and thrive in their new surroundings- and absence makes the heart grow fonder, and the body hornier

:lol :lol ain't that the truth

Quote:
They are so delightful together!

Why I love them so much after all these years :heart

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The First Day and The Second Year

Everything Falls Into Place
Everything Falls Into Favor

Tara stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the collar on her black shirt until it was smooth.

“You know something, babe?” Willow asked as she sat on the bed with her back against the wall and her legs laying up in front of her. Her Macbook sat in her lap with a half-finished assignment for her Neural Networks class idling in the background.

“No, tell me, babe,” Tara replied with a hint of a crooked smirk sent through the mirror.

Willow made a mocking face and shut her laptop. She slid off the bed and came around to embrace Tara from behind.

“You are very hot in black.”

She slid her hands down the smooth fabric of Tara’s black pants covering her thighs and then up under her breasts.

“You’re making me crinkle,” Tara chastised, pulling away to fix her shirt.

“You liked me making you ‘crinkle’ last night,” Willow murmured as she returned to her paper, indignant.

Tara arched an eyebrow but a light blush rose on her cheeks so she turned away to tie up her hair in a high ponytail.

Behind her, Willow let out a little whimper.

“Tara,” she whined.

“What?” Tara asked in exasperation.

Willow pouted.

“You’re not allowed to look so sexy when you’re leaving me alone all night.”

Tara pulled her ponytail so the hair tie sat snug.

“I can’t blow off my very first shift.”

Willow’s bottom lip protruded more.

“Can’t you just clone yourself or something?”

Tara smiled wryly.

“One Tara to go bring home the bacon and one to stay here and fawn over your every sexual whim?”

Willow nodded once.

“Yes, that sounds reasonable.”

Tara could only smile and shake her head.

“You build the machine and I’ll let you clone me,” she said and leaned down to rest their foreheads together, “Until then…”

She kissed Willow softly and straightened up.

“I have to go.”

Willow was smiling and pursing her lips to retain the little tingle there.

“Sure you don’t want me to walk you?”

Tara shook her head as she put on the long, red leather jacket she bought in Iceland. She winked.

“No, finish your schoolwork so you can come party with me later.”

Willow’s eyes slowly flickered up to Tara’s body; finally meeting her eyes.

“What’s the company policy on their new hires being taken into the coat check to be ravished by their girlfriends?”

“Probably the same as the Fijian police,” Tara replied with a pointed stare.

Willow immediately lifted her phone and took a picture.

Tara frowned at the little clicking sound.

“What are you doing?”

“Ever heard of a ‘spank bank’?” Willow asked with a smirk.

“I’ve heard of a spanked butt and you’ll be getting one if you don’t stop,” Tara countered.

Willow’s lips just turned into a bigger grin.

“Ever heard of ‘fuel on the fire’?”

Tara took a step forward and Willow stood. They stood millimeters from each other, doing an eye dance between lips and above.

“What is making you so cocky today?” Tara asked in a tone that told Willow it was turning her on.

“Just feeling lucky,” Willow returned and arched an eyebrow, “Punk.”

Tara just couldn’t resist planting another kiss on Willow’s lips; cupping her cheeks to deepen it as much as possible for a glorious five seconds before pulling back and stepping away reluctantly.

“Now I really have to go, oh temptress of mine.”

With a dazed look and smear of Tara’s lipstick on her mouth, Willow watched Tara go through a slow blink.

“Good luck baby,” she said breathlessly and added on in a whisper, “My core is your call.”

Tara waved her fingers and finally left through the bedroom door, leaving Willow alone in the room.

Willow waited for the door to click closed before shaking herself out of it and returning to her laptop.

She had work to do.

Neural Networks be damned.

Willow pulled her long t-shirt over her hips so it sat loosely mid-thigh. The maroon was a little pop against her gray jeans and the round neck allowed her yellow-sun necklace to sit against her skin.

She thought she looked nice enough to meet Tara at work; she’d seen people a lot more casual that one night they’d been there, but still. She didn’t want to embarrass her girlfriend.

Her clothing and choices thereof had always been a bit of a sore point. Not that Tara had ever made her feel anything less than beautiful no matter what she wore, but Willow sometimes berated herself for not being more of a grown-up.

Tonight, as she checked herself in the mirror, she thought she’d reached a very happy medium and even felt good doing it.

Turning on her heels and bouncing on her toes, Willow put her purse over her chest and quietly sneaked out of the room.

Unexpectedly, the living space was not empty. Willow recognized Crystal, but not the man with her. Still, she was very aware of angry eyes on her.

When he hissed something at Crystal and Willow heard her call him Oleksii, Willow finally placed him as the landlord Tara had mentioned.

Crap, Willow thought. Maybe she shouldn’t be here alone.

“I heard you leave,” Crystal called out.

Willow’s eyes widened but then realized Crystal obviously couldn’t even tell she or Tara apart.

“Had to pop back,” she lied, “Going again now. Just me, Tara, with my sweet angelic voice and perfectly round boobs.”

She smiled awkwardly with tense shoulders.

Oleksii turned his back but Willow could hear their whispers as she crept toward the door.

“She is g2s,” Oleksii said with a smarmy look over his shoulder.

Crystal nodded.

“Extra scent.”

“Uh, bye,” Willow called out and didn’t give anyone a chance to respond as she flung the door open and ran right down the stairs.

She wiped the back of her hand over her forehead as she glanced unsurely up at the apartment. The last thing she needed was to get Tara in trouble.

Tara was working 2-10 which would be her regular hosting shift unless she was doing a split shift to cover the 10 pm-2 am slot helping out the bar, as she would be the following night. That fit perfectly in with Willow’s plans.

It was dark out but Tara lived in such a lively neighborhood that Willow didn’t feel out of place or uncomfortable walking the few blocks to Delicatessens.

The night was young in West Hollywood and Willow passed many young party-goers and couples enjoying the copious nightlife the city had to offer. She smiled at how normal it was to see two men holding hands as they strolled past her on a night-time walk with their puggle and how it sprouted joy in her heart and not the fear it would have not so long ago.

The line at the club was only a few people deep and as Willow checked the time, realized it was because it was only on the cusp of changing from restaurant to nightclub. Willow hadn’t even realized it was a restaurant the night they’d been there, so it must be a pretty big transformation to flow from one into the other.

The bouncer didn’t even look up from his phone as he waved everyone on through. Willow could only guess he wasn’t worried about whatever lame-os would be out at this ‘early’ hour. She just smiled as she passed for not even a silent display of disrespect could quell Willow’s happiness at going to see her love.

Her confidence dropped slightly as she entered the club and found herself at a loss of where to go or what to do.

When they had come here the last time, it had been in full nightclub mode. One-sided booths stretched either side of the room in a semi-circle as you walked in with the bar connecting either side to make a half-moon shape. Half the floor was set out to dance while the other had small circular wooden tables for people to sit. The upstairs was an extension of this with a view out over the whole bar.

Music played as Willow stood there idle, though it was on the speaker system and not live from the small platform just off from the dancefloor. Willow instinctively glanced over to it and noticed it didn’t have the big curtain pulled behind it like it did the last day — instead, there was an open window space into the kitchen and a big table set up on the stage like a chef’s table. The dim red lighting showed this quite clearly where the disco lights before had only offered flashes of vision to this area.

On her other side, Willow saw the tables she had before but they looked much bigger now. Willow heard a snapping motion and followed the sound until she saw someone releasing a switch under a nearby table and sliding the two sides together to create the smaller, more intimate ones Willow remembered.

She was so impressed with the engineering that it took her a moment to realize she recognized the dainty little fingers doing the snapping.

Like she could sense the dopey gaze that suddenly settled on Willow’s face, Tara looked up and smiled. Willow blushed which was thankfully hidden by those red lights, and raised her fingers in a wave.

Tara continued to smile and raised one finger to indicate she’d be a moment and pointed quickly at the bar. Willow looked over her shoulder, then back, and gave a thumbs-up before spinning to walk in that direction. She sat at the bar and there were only a couple more people around it so she got the bartender’s attention quickly.

“Can I get, um, two cherry cokes please?”

Two quick flicks of a fountain gun later, two cold glasses were slid across the bar and Willow tapped her card to pay for them.

It was a little while before Tara joined her but Willow didn’t mind; she found it fascinating to watch the background transformation going on. There wasn’t one big switch but a gradual change from low lighting and soft music to something more lively and upbeat. Willow felt like a frog in boiling water; not realizing she had primo bar real estate until more people started to trickle in and she realized the transformation was complete.

“Sorry I took so long.”

Willow looked over as Tara hoisted herself into the stool next to her, kissing her cheek on the way.

“That’s okay,” Willow replied, taking Tara’s hand on the outside of the stools, “How was it, how’d it go? This place is really cool.”

“It is really cool,” Tara confirmed, gently loosening her tie, “Everyone is really nice and showing me the ropes. And I got a free meal.”

“Oh good, I was worried about that,” Willow replied, finding herself having to raise her voice slightly as the music got louder, “I got you a cherry coke!”

Tara took her glass and clinked it against Willow’s glass.

She took a long sip through the straw and watched with amusement as Willow bounced in her seat along with the music. She couldn’t wait to get up on the floor to dance, though she did wish she’d brought some clothes to change into. She would have to remember that for next time she planned to stay on again, which she probably would. She never worked somewhere before that she actually had the desire to stay after she was contractually obliged to stay, but she loved the vibe here, and apparently, Willow did too.

Just then two more glasses hit the bar in front of them and the doe-eyed and giant-muscled man smiled at them.

“If you’d told me you were with her, I’d have comped your drinks,” he said, looking at Willow but cocking his head at Tara, “Welcome, kid.”

Willow beamed and leaned over to Tara.

“I like this place.”

Tara smiled.

“Me too.”

Very quickly the décor became dark and the music began to hold a certain pulse around the room as the transition to the nightclub was completed. The bar got busy and Tara acquiesced their prime sitting real estate to invite Willow onto the dance floor.

As they walked over, hand-in-hand, flashing blue lights suddenly penetrated them from all sides. There was a loud, flourishing announcement, and then bright lights poured over the stage, where a set of decks now sat and a DJ sat behind wearing oversized earphones and a neon jacket.

There was one evocative beat of silence before the beat dropped and the crowd went wild.

Tara was mesmerized.

Tara woke to a fluttering of light behind her eyelids and a fluttering of sensation on her shoulder.

She stretched softly and felt the warmth of Willow’s body curled around her from behind. Something wisped past her hair, brushing it to the side before that same sensation appeared on her neck.

Tara smiled as she recognized the feeling of Willow’s lips; still pillowy soft from falling asleep kissing the night before. She reached back and let her fingertips dance over the back of Willow’s shoulder blade.

“Good morning, love.”

Willow pressed her nose into Tara’s hair and kissed below her ear.

“Good morning.”

She nuzzled that same spot and let her arm settle around Tara’s middle, which she squeezed affectionately.

“Last night was a gooood night.”

“Wasn’t the DJ great?” Tara murmured, “Her transitions were so perfect.”

“Uh-huh, she was amazing,” Willow agreed and smiled against the back of Tara’s neck, “Not as good as DJ Tarot, though.”

Despite Tara’s eyes being closed, Willow was sure she had rolled them. Her tone of voice confirmed this.

“Ha, ha.”

“No ‘ha’ or ‘ha’,” Willow protested and pressed herself tighter to Tara, “It’d be sooo hot to see you up there like that.”

“Oh really?” Tara replied, the quietest of moans vibrating just past her lips when Willow’s hand coasted over her hip.

“Uh-huh,” Willow breathed heavily in Tara’s ear, “Though I admit there isn’t any situation where you’re not hot…”

Tara slowly turned herself over so she faced Willow. She cupped her hand over Willow’s cheek and gently kissed her lips.

“Even at my worst…” she intoned softly, nuzzling their noses before parting just enough to look at each other, “But one crazy night in Iceland behind the decks does not a DJ make.”

Willow was going to reply, but Tara caught her in a kiss before she could. Willow slowly melted, forgetting her train of thought.

By the time Tara pulled away, Willow-brain had jumped somewhere else.

“Do you have any homework to do today?”

Tara shook her head.

“No, not specifically. They took it easy on us for the first week.”

“Me too,” Willow replied and lifted her hand to rub Tara’s upper arm, “Let’s go to the bakery across the street and get some pastéis de nata.”

Tara smiled softly.

“Won’t be as good as Belém.”

Willow pretended to get out of bed.

“Well hang on one second while I charter my private jet…”

Tara quickly pulled her back and they wrapped around each other closely while giggling.

After a few moments, shyly, Willow found Tara’s gaze.

“Do you know what date it is?”

Tara closed her eyes to think about it.

“It’s the…” she started to recount the date after calculating it in her mind but stopped suddenly. Her eyes fluttered open, “…it’s our anniversary.”

Willow’s fingers danced awkwardly on Tara’s arm.

“I wasn’t sure if it was a ‘thing’ in your mind…”

Tara closed her arm around Willow’s shoulders.

“We missed it last year. I would hate to miss it again. Thank you for reminding me.”

Willow exhaled softly.

“Feels crazy that all that was a year ago.”

“Crazier that it’s been two,” Tara replied, rubbing her thumb on Willow’s cheek, “Since you changed my world.”

Willow shook her head.

“You did all of the changing.”

Tara shook hers back.

“No, Willow. I always stayed the same.”

“I just had to catch up,” Willow deduced slowly, then smiled wryly, “If you’d just have shown me your boobs, we could have saved a lot of heartache.”

Tara laughed and the joy bounced in Willow’s eyes.

“You may have passed out.”

“I may have,” Willow agreed in an adoring tone.

She leaned in and pressed their lips together for several lingering seconds before releasing Tara and rubbing her hip.

“Let’s go have breakfast.”

Another kiss followed that only broke when they rolled out of bed.

They got ready and made their way downstairs and across the street to the little bakery on the corner. They nabbed the last little metal table outside with their coffees and various indulgent breakfast pastries which they just about resisted feeding to each other, only for the benefit of the other patrons.

“Do you like the new job?” Willow asked, reaching over to wipe a flake of pastry from Tara’s mouth.

Tara smiled gratefully and wiped at her own mouth.

“I do. Hosting is less rushing around than waitressing. I don’t get tips but I’ll get a share on bar shifts. And so far, no cranky customers but it’s only been one shift.”

“Is it a gay restaurant?” Willow asked as she settled her arms on the table.

“A what?” Tara questioned with a playful arched eyebrow.

The little twitch and crooked tug on her lips made Willow grin.

“Well it’s a gay bar after hours, right? Is it a gay restaurant during the day?”

Tara leaned forward with her chin on her upturned palm and looked off inquisitively.

“Well, it does offer a menu that’s a subversion and radical departure from gastronomic norms.”

Willow frowned unsurely.

“Really?”

Tara laughed and again, Willow felt her heart thump.

“No, it’s fritto misto and short ribs,” Tara replied, gently hitting Willow’s arm teasingly, “But the chef is a gay guy from Ecuador so I guess that makes every dish gay. And delicious. And cheap. I guess that is one thing that’s undoubtedly queer about it all — everyone is welcome. There’s veggie dishes and meat dishes. Less expensive cuts and cheap meals. Very community-focused. I’d want to eat there even if I didn’t work there.”

“Sounds like somewhere built for Tara,” Willow replied affectionately.

Tara’s eyes glanced down for a long second before her eyelashes fluttered back up at Willow.

“Mmm. Somewhere else you mean…”

It took Willow a moment, but then her cheeks flamed red.

Tara clinked her cup against Willow’s and sat back with a satisfied look on her face.

Willow couldn’t help but smile back and scooted her chair just that inch closer that was barely separating them already.

“Vixen,” she said, stealing Tara’s sobriquet of afore, hoping it would evoke a knowing look, which it did.

Under the table, their hands linked and didn’t part as they finished their breakfasts and walked off for a stroll around the neighborhood. Lots of other couples were doing the same, plenty more were gracing the eating establishments for brunch and families were filling up the playgrounds.

Willow still found herself surprised by how alert yet at ease she felt just to be in the presence of other gay couples. At one point she found herself tossing a ball back to a little girl with two moms and sort of just stared in promise at how they all interacted until Tara pulled her across the street when the signal changed.

“I’m sorry, did I tug you?” Tara asked when they were over safely.

“Just on my heart,” Willow replied with a casual smoothness she didn’t often possess.

Tara kissed Willow’s cheek and they continued back to the apartment so Tara could get going for the first chunk of her split shift.

“Oh hey, I never told you Chaos Crystal and some guy caught me sneaking out of here last night,” Willow said as she sat on the bed and tossed her phone from side to side, “She seemed like she didn’t know I wasn’t you and he didn’t know who I was at all. Are you paying extra for me to stay at the weekends? I thought I heard her say something like that.”

Tara frowned through the mirror as she straightened the collar on her shirt.

“I was never asked to. Should I offer?”

“I don’t see why?” Willow shrugged one shoulder, “But if you ever get asked, you have to tell me so I can pay it, yeah?”

“Okay,” Tara agreed and sat on the bed to change her shoes.

Behind her, Willow frowned.

“Do you know what ‘scent’ means?”

Tara looked over her shoulder.

“In general?”

Willow frowned deeper.

“As in, she called us that?”

Tara looked forwards and stood up, spinning around to face Willow.

“Maybe because I bought the plug-in?”

Willow’s features evened out.

“Oh, yeah,” she replied, nodding her head, “I think I’m going to take off while you’re out anyway.”

Tara’s brow creased as she gathered her hair up into a bun.

“I feel bad that you feel you have to leave.”

Willow slid back to standing and put her hands in her pockets.

“It’s okay. I think I saw a cute coffee shop not too far away from here and there’s a dog park where some of the dogs looked dangerously unpetted.”

Tara smiled as she fixed her bun and let her hands fall on Willow’s shoulders, kissing her forehead. She offered her hand, which Willow gladly took and they departed again with no odd interrogation from the apartment’s other inhabitant.

Willow walked Tara right to do the door of Delicatessens and said she’d be back to pick her up in four hours. After a quick and chaste kiss goodbye, Tara went in the doors and Willow walked to the supermarket on the corner.

Four hours and six minutes later, Tara walked out and found Willow idling opposite her on her Vespa with its little rear carrier bag attached. Willow popped the visor and looked in Tara’s direction with a smile.

“Hop on.”

Tara walked over and appraised Willow curiously for a moment before swinging her leg over and donning the second helmet without question.

Her arms wrapped around Willow’s waist and her chin fell on Willow’s shoulder and she closed her eyes as they pulled off the curb and onto the street.

Tara wasn’t sure where Willow was taking her; she guessed it was somewhere further than home given the close proximity but was still surprised as they weaved out of the city streets toward the hilly landscape of the Santa Monica Mountains and then onto the recognizable-from-TV (and for Tara, admittedly, the movie) winding Mulholland Drive.

With the wind whipping at their sides and the full-throttle Willow had engaged to keep up with the freeway traffic, Tara felt a thrilling buzz moving up from her core; leaving goosebumps on her arms.

The view from the back of the bike was incredible. Tara had the advantage of taking her eyes off the road and was gifted with visions of the San Fernando Valley, downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood sign in all of its iconic, if somewhat still underwhelming, glory.

After a quick zip through Beverly Hills, where Tara saw a woman in the tallest heels she’d ever seen off of a drag queen, they were cruising toward the coast until they got to Santa Monica pier.

It was Tara’s first time; her only other visits to a California beach being the Sunnydale shores and usually peppered with sand being kicked in her face by her brother or her mother fussing with enough sunscreen to make her indistinguishable from Caspar the Friendly Ghost.

Her hair fell out from under her helmet as she took it off and had to blink away the heavy sun.

“Wow. This is gorgeous.”

It was a perfect Californian day, all blue skies and blue water to compliment it and cause a hidden horizon. A giant Ferris Wheel took up most of her peripheral vision, and the pier itself seemed crowded and bore the dirt of the many people passing through, but if she kept her eyes on the water, all of that melted away.

At the bike, Willow stretched out her legs after the long ride. Watching Tara with a smile, she detached the bag at the back of the bike and adjusted the straps so it would fit over her shoulders instead.

She approached Tara and stood side-by-side, looking out over the ocean. She spotted kids playing in the water and smiled.

“My Bubbe brought me here once. I remember her wrapping me up in a huge towel and hugging me dry.”

Tara smiled softly at the image.

“That sounds like a lovely memory.”

“It is,” Willow confirmed and looked at Tara with some sadness but mostly joy, “Come on.”

Tara was about to open her mouth and ask ‘where to?’ but instead just smiled with trust and offered Willow her hand.

It was hot, way too hot to reasonably hold hands, but Willow didn’t hesitate for a second in linking their fingers together.

She led them away from the pier, which confused Tara for a second, but in mere moments Willow had them crossing the street and moving up some steps into a green park area that was so enclosed and beautiful that it was easy to forget where they had just come from.

They walked over a cool wooden bridge and immediately felt the difference from the busy, touristy pier. This place was tranquil and beautiful and had the serenity of beautiful landscaping and water features.

Across from one such cascading effect, Willow stopped them and brought the bag around to her front so she could get a blanket from inside.

Tara watched, touched, and offered to help, but Willow waved her off, albeit sweatily, and smoothed the blanket out on the grass for them. In this sense, the lack of breeze was helpful.

Willow sat and patted the spot beside her and pulled the backpack between her legs. She took out two reusable water bottles, her collapsible set of silverware, and some food containers from the store.

“I call it gap year chic,” she said as she produced each thing, “Boxed salad. Granola and…”

Tara took the sandwich from Willow and held it reverently.

“Tuna and applesauce,” she said as Willow waved a little sealed cup with foil lid, “As if you’d forget.”

“Can’t. It’s on my butt forever,” Willow quipped and their heads rested together for a brief moment as they shared a laugh.

Tara treated Willow to a kiss on the cheek.

“Cutest tuna butt I’ve ever seen.”

Willow blushed and offered Tara a water bottle.

“It’s uh, sparkling coconut water.”

“Fancy,” Tara smiled a crooked smile that only increased Willow’s blush.

“I wanted it to be,” Willow replied softly and held her bottle up, “I-I’ve never celebrated an anniversary before.”

Tara remembered their earlier conversation and smiled as she realized what all of this was about.

“Me either,” she said and scooted that bit closer.

She gently hit the metal rim of her water bottle against Willow’s.

“Happy anniversary, love.”

Willow’s heart thudded in her chest.

“Happy anniversary,” she said, with her eyes fixed and pupils blown from all of the emotion pouring out of them, “I love you so much, Tara. The last two years have been the most incredible, difficult, amazing, heart-breaking, heart-filling, emotion-bursting roller coaster of awesomeness that I could never have done without you by my side. I could never be the person I am without you. I could never have broken away from my shame and self-hatred without you loving me. You are my everything.”

“Willow,” Tara replied softly, cupping Willow’s cheek.

Willow looked like she might cry.

Some kids skated by on roller skates, followed by their Dad on a skateboard, and Willow and Tara giggled at each other again, breaking the heavy air.

Willow made a quick swipe at her eyes and shook her head as she opened the salad.

“Here, have some. It’s really good.”

Sharing each item of food between them with clacking utensils and coy smiles, they enjoyed people-watching and hearing the sounds of the ocean overlap with the sounds of Saturday exuberance as they ate their lunch.

“I really like being back in a city,” Tara said as she wiped the corner of Willow’s mouth with a napkin, “I forgot, living back in Sunnydale for the summer, how much I enjoy the energy of people and that little crackle of anticipation you feel being ensconced in it.”

“No more small-town girl for you,” Willow smiled gently.

Tara shrugged one shoulder.

“Not right now,” she said and her eyes flickered to the side as she watched a new family walk by with a baby in a stroller, “But maybe someday.”

She fixed her eyes back on Willow.

“Unless of course, you’re the small-town girl. Because I very much want you.”

Willow smiled wider.

“Hey, did you know the second-anniversary gift is traditionally cotton?”

Tara’s eyes narrowed a little.

“I didn’t, I don’t think.”

Willow placed her hand on Tara’s thigh.

“Well, since we never talked about it, I figured I’d just get a gift for both of us.”

Tara’s eyebrow arched with intrigue. Willow leaned in.

“There will be some very soft 600-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets waiting on that bed for us to…enjoy together.”

She squeezed Tara’s thigh, whose breath audibly quickened.

“Wow, Willow, that sounds…amazing.”

Willow pressed a long kiss to Tara’s cheek, who closed her eyes. After a moment, they popped open, bright and excited.

“That reminds me, I need to be home by 9, 9:15 at the latest,” she said, her sudden eagerness contrary to the words coming out of her mouth.

Willow pouted a little.

“I didn’t think your shift started ‘til 10.”

“I have to be there 40 minutes early to set up,” Tara explained, averting her gaze.

Willow just nodded.

“I understand,” she said and gently rubbed Tara’s thigh again, “I’ll keep those sheets warm.”

Tara frowned.

“I won’t be home until late.”

Willow just winked.

They spent another little while enjoying their spot on the grass, this time watching the clouds and the fun shapes that they made until they decided it was time to stretch their legs. Willow picked up the blanket while Tara disposed of their used containers.

Hand-in-hand they walked back to the pier and though the idea of a barefoot walk in the sand sounded appealing, something they had enjoyed immensely on various beaches of the world together, the temperature and general dirtiness around them made them decide to keep their shoes on and link arms.

The beach was busy with lots of families, kids running in and out of the water, unnaturally gorgeous people playing ball games while others increased their chances of developing skin cancer by 10fold but both Willow and Tara were able to find peace in their stroll and didn’t even have to say much along the way.

They walked about a mile along the beach before turning back to walk on the boardwalk and when they returned to the pier, they decided to get some ice cream and end their day with a ride on the giant Ferris Wheel that had dominated most of their view back.

As the ride rocked into movement the sun was beginning to set over the water, casting a gorgeous orange glow. Willow lifted her little plastic spoon of cookies-and-cream to her mouth as she watched it shimmer while Tara licked her mint-choc-chip from a cone.

“This is the best anniversary I’ve ever had,” Willow said softly, slowly dragging her gaze back to Tara and smiling.

They met for a brief, cold kiss and Tara rested her head on Willow’s shoulder. Wordlessly, they finished their ice cream and snuggled on top of the world.

Or the Santa Monica Pier, at least.

The ride home for Tara was even more special than the ride over. Not only was she loved-up and full of delicious food, but the view was even more amazing, especially as they neared home and she got the view of the whole of downtown.

She held onto Willow tighter and let the sparkly lights flash before her eyes as she committed the view and this moment to memory.

By the time Willow pulled up behind the apartment, Tara was fresh-faced and rosy-cheeked with an unending smile on her face.

After Willow had secured her helmet, Tara placed her hands over Willow’s shoulders and let them slide down until her wrists crossed behind her neck.

“You are so amazing.”

“Just trying to keep up with my amazing girlfriend,” Willow replied sweetly.

Tara moved to rest her forehead on Willow’s. She closed her eyes and just breathed until they naturally synced. On the next exhale she pressed their lips together.

When they broke, she pressed the softest of kisses on Willow’s cheek.

“I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll be waiting…” Willow promised, soft and alluring.

Tara took a long inhale of Willow’s sweet strawberry scent to last her the length of her shift.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:57 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Lovely update!

I actually read the last one and forgot to comment, becoming an annoying trend of mine.

I love how sweet and attentive Willow is being, and seeing Tara so low key excited about the DJ prospect but not willing to admit it is pretty cute, looking forward to seeing when she dons the DJ Tarot moniker again.

The 'extra scent' comment was fucking weird. I've gone from "Oh, drug dealers" to "oh... aliens? demons? wtf" haha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:07 am 

Quote:
“Can’t you just clone yourself or something?”

Tara smiled wryly.

“One Tara to go bring home the bacon and one to stay here and fawn over your every sexual whim?”

Willow nodded once.

“Yes, that sounds reasonable.”

Tara could only smile and shake her head.

“You build the machine and I’ll let you clone me,”

:rofl Be careful Tara, Willow is so smart she might pull that off... :wink

Quote:
Oleksii turned his back but Willow could hear their whispers as she crept toward the door.

“She is g2s,” Oleksii said with a smarmy look over his shoulder.

Crystal nodded.

“Extra scent.”

I suspect that to be some drugdealer code speech or something like that but am too lazy to research it on the net.

Your description of "Delicatessens" and it's transformation from restaurant to nightclub sounds really cool, is this a real place in L.A.?
It's nice that Tara is happy with her new work and was received with open arms by her colleagues.

Quote:
“Do you know what date it is?”

Tara closed her eyes to think about it.

“It’s the…” she started to recount the date after calculating it in her mind but stopped suddenly. Her eyes fluttered open, “…it’s our anniversary.”

Willow’s fingers danced awkwardly on Tara’s arm.

“I wasn’t sure if it was a ‘thing’ in your mind…”

Tara closed her arm around Willow’s shoulders.

“We missed it last year. I would hate to miss it again. Thank you for reminding me.”

Willow exhaled softly.

“Feels crazy that all that was a year ago.”

“Crazier that it’s been two,” Tara replied, rubbing her thumb on Willow’s cheek, “Since you changed my world.”

Willow shook her head.

“You did all of the changing.”

Tara shook hers back.

“No, Willow. I always stayed the same.”

“I just had to catch up,” Willow deduced slowly, then smiled wryly, “If you’d just have shown me your boobs, we could have saved a lot of heartache.”

Tara laughed and the joy bounced in Willow’s eyes.

“You may have passed out.”

“I may have,” Willow agreed in an adoring tone.

I'm glad that Willow can joke now about the emotional difficulties she had at the beginning of their relationship.
I have to admit that I can't remember which day they count as the start of their relationship. I dimly recall that they missed the celebration of their first anniversary because it fell in the time of their separation in Australia, am I right?

Quote:
Willow still found herself surprised by how alert yet at ease she felt just to be in the presence of other gay couples. At one point she found herself tossing a ball back to a little girl with two moms and sort of just stared in promise at how they all interacted until Tara pulled her across the street when the signal changed.

Awww, lovely that Willow is starting to imagine herself and Tara as future moms! :bigkiss

Yay for the romatic outing with a picnic Willow organized as a celebration of their anniversary.

Quote:
“Happy anniversary, love.”

Willow’s heart thudded in her chest.

“Happy anniversary,” she said, with her eyes fixed and pupils blown from all of the emotion pouring out of them, “I love you so much, Tara. The last two years have been the most incredible, difficult, amazing, heart-breaking, heart-filling, emotion-bursting roller coaster of awesomeness that I could never have done without you by my side. I could never be the person I am without you. I could never have broken away from my shame and self-hatred without you loving me. You are my everything.”

“Willow,” Tara replied softly, cupping Willow’s cheek.

AWWW! ² :flower :bigkiss

Quote:
“Hey, did you know the second-anniversary gift is traditionally cotton?”

Tara’s eyes narrowed a little.

“I didn’t, I don’t think.”

Willow placed her hand on Tara’s thigh.

“Well, since we never talked about it, I figured I’d just get a gift for both of us.”

Tara’s eyebrow arched with intrigue. Willow leaned in.

“There will be some very soft 600-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets waiting on that bed for us to…enjoy together.”

She squeezed Tara’s thigh, whose breath audibly quickened.

“Wow, Willow, that sounds…amazing.”

Yup, it does - very practical gift... :wink

Quote:
Willow pressed a long kiss to Tara’s cheek, who closed her eyes. After a moment, they popped open, bright and excited.

“That reminds me, I need to be home by 9, 9:15 at the latest,” she said, her sudden eagerness contrary to the words coming out of her mouth.

Willow pouted a little.

“I didn’t think your shift started ‘til 10.”

“I have to be there 40 minutes early to set up,” Tara explained, averting her gaze.

Pretty obviously Tara is lying here, I'm curious what kind of surprise she wants to organize for Willow in the 40 minutes before work.

Quote:
The ride home for Tara was even more special than the ride over. Not only was she loved-up and full of delicious food, but the view was even more amazing, especially as they neared home and she got the view of the whole of downtown.

She held onto Willow tighter and let the sparkly lights flash before her eyes as she committed the view and this moment to memory.

By the time Willow pulled up behind the apartment, Tara was fresh-faced and rosy-cheeked with an unending smile on her face.

After Willow had secured her helmet, Tara placed her hands over Willow’s shoulders and let them slide down until her wrists crossed behind her neck.

“You are so amazing.”

“Just trying to keep up with my amazing girlfriend,” Willow replied sweetly.

Tara moved to rest her forehead on Willow’s. She closed her eyes and just breathed until they naturally synced. On the next exhale she pressed their lips together.

When they broke, she pressed the softest of kisses on Willow’s cheek.

“I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll be waiting…” Willow promised, soft and alluring.

Tara took a long inhale of Willow’s sweet strawberry scent to last her the length of her shift.

:flower :wtkiss Perfect end of their anniversary - I'm looking forward to the rest of their celebration in the early morning hours when Tara returns home... :wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Very very sweet!! Agree that that restaurant/club sounds awesome! And cannot wait for Tara to start DJing!

Crystal and Oleksii just keep getting weirder, but at least as of yet, Crystal just lets Tara use the place without interference. I did try to look up Oleksii's remarks and still have no clue what he is talking about lol- but it sounds shady, especially 'extra scent' wtf?? But then we get Tara's damn adorable response later that she has bought a plug-in - she is a believable and huggable mix of worldliness and naivety.

Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films- Tara has good taste! They did a ton of driving around and saw lots of sights- love the picnic in SM. I have to keep telling my inner voice to relax when I read about Willow tooling around on a Vespa over long distances in LA- lol, I believe in you Laragh ;p....

I too, am intrigued why Tara has to be there early 'to set up' --

I love seeing them live and work and grow and just continue to be lovely together

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Lovely update!

Thank you!

Quote:
I actually read the last one and forgot to comment, becoming an annoying trend of mine.

Very understandable, often I go away and digest stuff before I come back to comment!

Quote:
I love how sweet and attentive Willow is being, and seeing Tara so low key excited about the DJ prospect but not willing to admit it is pretty cute, looking forward to seeing when she dons the DJ Tarot moniker again.

Yes I love the excitement of knowing it happens but not exactly how!

Quote:
The 'extra scent' comment was fucking weird. I've gone from "Oh, drug dealers" to "oh... aliens? demons? wtf" haha

:lol :lol very non-supernatural I assure you. Scents cover things up and these guys have a lot to cover up...

Thanks so much for commenting!

Will's redemption

Quote:
:rofl Be careful Tara, Willow is so smart she might pull that off... :wink

Part 300 of this verse :lol :lol don't worry, the only technology I have planned for these guys way in the future is maybe using both of their cells to have a baby!

Quote:
I suspect that to be some drugdealer code speech or something like that but am too lazy to research it on the net.

It is, but more 'between these drug dealers' than 'between all drug dealers' (ie, you wouldn't necessarily find it on the net even if you did research) It's basically just a reference to Tara being such a 'g2s' (goody two shoes) that she covers up their illicit dealings

Quote:
Your description of "Delicatessens" and it's transformation from restaurant to nightclub sounds really cool, is this a real place in L.A.?

It's not, but I'd like to think somewhere similar exists!

Quote:
It's nice that Tara is happy with her new work and was received with open arms by her colleagues.

I LOVE that she's working in a gay bar. Love it :D

Quote:
I'm glad that Willow can joke now about the emotional difficulties she had at the beginning of their relationship.

It's been a long journey!

Quote:
I have to admit that I can't remember which day they count as the start of their relationship. I dimly recall that they missed the celebration of their first anniversary because it fell in the time of their separation in Australia, am I right?

September 21st (Today! :banana :wtkiss )

Quote:
Awww, lovely that Willow is starting to imagine herself and Tara as future moms! :bigkiss

Little steps!

Quote:
Yay for the romatic outing with a picnic Willow organized as a celebration of their anniversary.

She is a very romantic person

Quote:
Pretty obviously Tara is lying here, I'm curious what kind of surprise she wants to organize for Willow in the 40 minutes before work.

Hmm, I wonder... :hmm

Quote:
:flower :wtkiss Perfect end of their anniversary - I'm looking forward to the rest of their celebration in the early morning hours when Tara returns home... :wink

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for commenting!

shirrey

Quote:
Very very sweet!! Agree that that restaurant/club sounds awesome! And cannot wait for Tara to start DJing!

All to come!

Quote:
Crystal and Oleksii just keep getting weirder, but at least as of yet, Crystal just lets Tara use the place without interference. I did try to look up Oleksii's remarks and still have no clue what he is talking about lol- but it sounds shady, especially 'extra scent' wtf??

^explained above, hopefully it clears it up. Remembering also that english isn't his first language.

Quote:
But then we get Tara's damn adorable response later that she has bought a plug-in - she is a believable and huggable mix of worldliness and naivety.

This is my favorite interpretation of Tara. I think it's a pretty good description of the 'stoned Tara' headcanon :lol

Quote:
Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films- Tara has good taste! They did a ton of driving around and saw lots of sights- love the picnic in SM.

They're doing all of the things I'd love to do!!

Quote:
I have to keep telling my inner voice to relax when I read about Willow tooling around on a Vespa over long distances in LA- lol, I believe in you Laragh ;p....

Okay, okay...look, it's technically possible so I appreciate your suspension of disbelief on whether it is wise :laugh

Quote:
I too, am intrigued why Tara has to be there early 'to set up' --

To come, to come...

Quote:
I love seeing them live and work and grow and just continue to be lovely together

It's literally all I want from life to see these guys be happy

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

A Quiet Night and A Busy Morning

Nobody Knows You Better Than Me
Better Than The Lace You Wear
Every Single Detail Chantilly
Every Curl Inside Your Hair

Tara turned her key in the door and expected to walk into darkness considering the late hour, but the apartment was as bright as it was during the day.

Tara closed the door behind her and spotted Crystal wiping something off the table.

“Oh. Hi,” she greeted awkwardly, “I’m just back from work.”

“Did I ask for your life story?” Crystal barked back, both agitated and bored at the same time before she pushed past Tara, “I’m going out for a smoke.”

Tara looked down as her shoulder was bumped aggressively. She hoped her roommate would warm to her eventually. She’d never felt like she belonged more than in this neighborhood, on this street, in this apartment. At least not outside of Willow’s arms. But if Crystal disliked her and seemed to be so cozy with the landlord…

Tara sighed. That was a daylight-hours problem. Right now she had a wanting, and hopefully wanton, girlfriend waiting for her mere feet away with new sheets begging to show off their susurration.

Tara snuck into the bathroom first, to quickly freshen up after her shift in the bar (admittedly, a lot of it was spent enjoying the melodic vibes from the DJ, but it was still sweaty work gathering glasses and dodging the drunkards). She hung the boutique bag she was holding by her side on the robe hook, swapping it for the garment already hanging there. She had the briefest of showers — not just because whatever hot water there was had apparently been used up down to the last drop — and dried off quickly with a towel before taking the item from the store bag out of it. She held it against herself, blushed slightly, then removed the tags and put it on.

She turned a few times before finally smiling in the mirror. She tied her robe around her and carefully sneaked across the small gap to her bedroom. Standing tall, she knocked softly and entered so she wouldn’t surprise Willow.

She needn’t have worried, as it was very difficult to surprise someone in a deep, drool-encrusted sleep.

Willow was lying on the bed in a tank top and panties; the exact kind of attire Tara loved to have her in — skin on show while still having enough to bury her hands under too.

Squeezing her legs together and withholding a sigh, Tara quietly moved across the room and flicked the lamp off. Willow moved but didn’t wake, so Tara just got into bed beside her and cuddled up gently but close.

Willow settled into Tara’s side and Tara closed her eyes and joined her love in slumber.

One of the things Willow loved about being in bed with Tara was that she was never woken by an alarm clock.

Whether it was the gentle awakening from the sun that only a well-rested body could be pulled from with ease; or from the way Tara’s hand naturally fell around her waist, accidentally pushing right on her bladder; or, Willow’s favorite, when Tara would wake before her and softly run her fingertips whatever exposed piece of skin she could find — some arm, or bare stomach, or, like right now, right above the twitching muscles of her thigh.

Willow let out a low groan of pleasure as she made that transition between sleep and wake, only for her to groan for another reason when she caught the rays shining through the blinds.

“Nooooo,” she said as her eyes squinted and she looked over her shoulder to meet Tara’s soft, sleepy gaze, “Tell me that light is a mirage and I didn’t totally flake on our sexy-sheets anniversary lovin’.”

Tara lifted her hand and tapped Willow’s nose affectionately.

“You are a very cute flake.”

Willow covered her head with her hands and whined.

“I’m so sorry.”

Tara curled her body around Willow’s from behind and kissed her neck.

“Honey, it was so late. It’s totally fine.”

Willow turned onto her back to face Tara better but her hand immediately flew up to her mouth.

“Does my breath stink?” she asked through her fingers.

“No, it smells like coffee,” Tara answered honestly.

Willow’s hand fell away cautiously.

“I had coffee trying to stay awake last night.”

Tara’s lips curled up on one side.

“It didn't work very well.”

Willow’s upper lip protruded in a sheepish pout.

“Turns out it was decaf. Crystal came out and stared at me until I left and I grabbed the wrong canister.”

“Oh baby,” Tara said apologetically as she wiped the hair from Willow’s eyes. She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to Willow’s lips before pulling back just an inch, “Am I good?”

Willow’s chin rose indignantly.

“You smell like nothing but a honeysuckle angel at all times and I refuse to hear anything otherwise.”

Tara’s face broke out in a grin and her eyes glanced over to the alarm clock.

“What time do you need to leave by?”

Willow glanced in that direction too and then back to Tara with her eyes glazing heavily.

“My first class isn’t until noon.”

Tara’s eyes began to darken in the same way.

“Mine is 11 but I don’t have as far to go.”

Their gazes locked for barely a moment before they were rolling around each other trying to see where their bodies would fit. Tara felt Willow’s hands go to the tie on her robe and quickly pulled Willow’s wrists away.

“Wait, wait, wait.”

Willow stopped, her lips plumping as she caught her breath.

“Please don’t tell me you remembered some super early lecture you have to go to.”

Tara shook her head and put a finger on Willow’s lips.

“Close your eyes.”

Willow did so, ever obliging.

Tara used her thighs to guide Willow onto her back and straddled her in the same movement. She heard Willow let out a little happy sigh and it made the corners of her mouth pull at both sides in delight. Deftly, she untied the robe and deposited it on the floor.

She took Willow’s hands in hers and held them palm-down against the sheets.

“I love these sheets,” she effused before adding on firmly when Willow started to crack an eye, “I said close them.”

Willow’s whole body did a little jump and she had to bite her lip to keep a grin in check.

Tara continued to rub their palms on the sheet.

“I thought it was so sweet of you to get something we could both enjoy…so I wanted to get us a gift for the two of us too.”

She brought Willow’s hands up and let them settle on her breasts.

“Now you can open.”

Willow’s eyes blinked open heavily and finally settled on Tara, wearing a gray and white-trimmed babydoll with an accentuated bust, which Willow hand her hands firmly on right now.

Tara looked down shyly when Willow continued to just stare.

“Cotton, right?”

Willow looked up at Tara and back at her outfit.

“Cotton…” she said in whispered awe.

She ran one hand down the soft cotton until it fell off at Tara’s thigh.

“This is a gift for you?”

“The way you’re looking at me is,” Tara replied breathlessly.

Willow pushed herself up and delicately pushed one of the straps on Tara’s shoulder down; kissing the spot where it had been.

“Where did you even get this? Have you had it? Did you get it in Amsterdam with the other one?”

Tara shook her head.

“Only in Hollywood could you find a 24-hour lingerie store, right?” she chuckled softly, “Not really, they closed at 10. That’s why I needed to get back early. It’s right beside where I work. I spotted this in the window my first day and it popped into my head when you mentioned the sheets.”

Willow fingered the white trim surrounding Tara’s breasts.

“Damn, I just relied on two-day shipping.”

Tara put a finger under Willow’s chin and lifted it so their eyes met.

“Do you like it?”

Willow tugged gently on the hem.

“This is as close as I’ve ever come to wanting to blow off a class.”

Tara smiled crookedly.

“Sweetie, you wouldn't blow off a class if your head was on fire.”

Willow’s breath became visibly labored.

“It’s not my head that’s on fire.”

Tara put her palm on Willow’s chest and pushed her back down to a lying position.

“Well lucky we have some time, then,” she said with a lascivious curl of her lips, “Maybe I can tend to that inferno…”

Her head ducked and her lips found Willow’s belly button. While she was there she felt Willow’s hand come down and two fingers cover her navel so Tara would be forced to kiss elsewhere.

This was not the first time it had happened.

Tara’s head popped up; hair still a little sleep-mussed.

“Okay, what is this bellybutton insecurity about? You have a very cute belly button.”

Willow’s eyes widened. Her eyes fell to her navel and she covered it with her palm.

“When I was seven Xander and Jesse played a game trying to get an echo from speaking into my belly button,” she blurted, surprising even herself, “Then my cousin overheard them and told me good kids have small bellybuttons and bad kids have big bellybuttons because their mothers didn’t want them and tore them away faster when they were born.”

Tara’s eyes also grew large.

“That is… a lot to unpack,” she said, followed by her mouth opening and closing a few times, “…can I give you an orgasm now and we can process…that… next time we see each other?”

“Been carrying it over a decade, what’s a few more days?” Willow replied jovially with a look of excitement in her eyes, that faltered only momentarily when she let her hand slide away from her stomach, “But you really think it’s cute?”

“So cute,” Tara confirmed with utmost conviction and kissed Willow’s belly button for good measure.

Willow blushed but then Tara winked and Willow was under no disillusion of where the mood had shifted.

This was quickly reinforced as Tara hooked two fingers on either side of her panties and pulled them down. Willow lifted her hips to help and pulled her tank top up over her head so her body was available however Tara wanted her.

Tara’s fingertips skated up Willow’s leg to her knee, which she encouraged up. Her palm rode up flat on Willow’s thigh, opening her so her mouth had the best angle to lap up what was waiting for her.

Willow moaned before Tara’s lips even touched skin; just the feel of her breath was enough for her blood to flow hot with excitement. Tara’s hand glided up past her mound, past where beads of sweat started to form on Willow’s abs and up to cup Willow’s breast. The quick grope was almost startling and Willow’s nerves jumped everywhere. By the time Tara had given her nipple a little tweak, Willow was gushing with arousal and struggling not to push on Tara’s head.

Instead, she found purchase in those lovely sheets she was leaving her imprint on; her knuckles going as white as the fabric as they were entwined in when Tara’s tongue finally touched her. She couldn’t help but rub herself up into Tara’s mouth until that first rush of throbbing sensation subsided into something a bit more consistent.

Just as it was starting to build into something deeper; something that pulled from her stomach down to her toes and up through her neck, Tara began kissing back up toward Willow’s stomach. Willow’s head lifted off the pillow, her mouth forming an ‘O’ of shock but just as soon as her lips had parted in protest, Willow tasted herself as Tara closed them in a kiss.

Immediately Tara replaced the sensation of her warm lips with deft fingers on Willow’s clit; rubbing with the same fervor so that Willow didn’t lose any of the intensity in the pleasure she’d built up.

Willow moaned into Tara’s mouth as her body settled back into the rhythm Tara was giving her. Her hands clutched at the soft cotton material of Tara’s nightdress, but once her hands caught a stray butt cheek and she realized there was nothing on under there to rebuff her touch, the babydoll met its cousins on the floor.

Willow rolled onto her side so Tara was forced to do the same. She used the brief pause to get her hand between Tara’s legs and coated three fingers in the abundant pool waiting for her there. She watched Tara’s gaze grow lidded and made long, slow rolls of her fingers on Tara’s clit to really get the knot in her belly going.

Tara moaned and desperately sought out Willow’s lips, which were willingly given. Their actions intensified as soon as their lips met again; hips thrusting toward each other and arms sliding to reach deep inside each other.

“Tara, I’m so close,” Willow murmur-groaned against Tara’s lips.

Tara curled her fingers and in seconds, Willow’s breath started to hitch. Willow’s body started to tense and Tara got herself under Willow so there would be more friction between them. Willow took advantage and rode every wave until she was tensing around Tara’s fingers.

“Hhm,” Willow let out a little, truncated sound as her quivering body lay gently on Tara’s torso and she felt the flames inside her settle into kindling.

After a moment, she realized Tara’s chest was still heaving beneath her, and Tara’s breath was still labored. As she became aware of her senses again, she definitely felt the heat radiating from her girlfriend.

Willow shifted her legs and caught Tara’s hip. She swore she heard Tara hiss as she dragged Tara’s leg up so her knee bent behind Willow’s butt.

Fully open, Willow sank her fingers back into Tara and was sure of the sound she heard this time — a guttural cry. Willow started moving her hand in a fast, insistent manner and Tara grabbed at Willow’s back to touch skin and have something to hang onto.

Tara’s head thrashed in the pillows and her sounds only got louder when Willow ducked her head to take Tara’s nipple in her mouth. Tara’s arms stretched back as she felt that final delicious crest before she came and her hands balled into fists, just as the rest of her body tensed before it could release.

Tara’s knee straightened back on the bed and she let out a little moan as her legs came back together. Willow laid down beside Tara but curled into her side and felt Tara’s arms wrap around her.

Willow kissed Tara’s shoulder blade.

“Thank you for the anniversary present,” she said as she nuzzled against Tara’s warm skin, “You are my heaven on earth.”

Tara ran her palm above the sheet.

“Thank you. I’m going to enjoy these. Every time I feel them against my skin I’ll remember how they’re second best…”

Willow smiled in satisfaction.

“Perfect.”

And it was, for an entire second, until they realized the time and they had to go into speed mode to ensure neither of them would be late.

Skidding to their respective vehicles, Tara got her key in the door to unlock the car while kissing Willow’s cheek.

“Goodbye, my love. I’ll see you next weekend.”

“Talk to you sooner,” Willow replied, popping her helmet over her head and lifting the visor, “Love you, bye.”

She waggled her fingers in a wave and Tara waved back with something of a sad smile on her face.

It was an odd sensation to be outside your home and feel like your home was leaving you.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Sept 21st 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:54 am 

Quote:
Tara closed the door behind her and spotted Crystal wiping something off the table.

“Oh. Hi,” she greeted awkwardly, “I’m just back from work.”

“Did I ask for your life story?” Crystal barked back, both agitated and bored at the same time before she pushed past Tara, “I’m going out for a smoke.”

Tara looked down as her shoulder was bumped aggressively. She hoped her roommate would warm to her eventually. She’d never felt like she belonged more than in this neighborhood, on this street, in this apartment. At least not outside of Willow’s arms. But if Crystal disliked her and seemed to be so cozy with the landlord…

I'm disliking Chrystal even more than before for being so mean to Tara. I'm kind of hoping the police will arrest her soon for her dealer activities, although I worry that Tara might have to move out of the apartment afterwards.

Quote:
She needn’t have worried, as it was very difficult to surprise someone in a deep, drool-encrusted sleep.

Willow was lying on the bed in a tank top and panties; the exact kind of attire Tara loved to have her in — skin on show while still having enough to bury her hands under too.

Squeezing her legs together and withholding a sigh, Tara quietly moved across the room and flicked the lamp off. Willow moved but didn’t wake, so Tara just got into bed beside her and cuddled up gently but close.

Willow settled into Tara’s side and Tara closed her eyes and joined her love in slumber.

Poor horny Tara! :laugh
But their "morning loving" was a great compensation... :drool

Quote:
“I thought it was so sweet of you to get something we could both enjoy…so I wanted to get us a gift for the two of us too.”

She brought Willow’s hands up and let them settle on her breasts.

“Now you can open.”

Willow’s eyes blinked open heavily and finally settled on Tara, wearing a gray and white-trimmed babydoll with an accentuated bust, which Willow hand her hands firmly on right now.

Tara looked down shyly when Willow continued to just stare.

“Cotton, right?”

Willow looked up at Tara and back at her outfit.

“Cotton…” she said in whispered awe.

She ran one hand down the soft cotton until it fell off at Tara’s thigh.

“This is a gift for you?”

“The way you’re looking at me is,” Tara replied breathlessly.

Hubba hubba and Awww!

Quote:
“This is as close as I’ve ever come to wanting to blow off a class.”

Tara smiled crookedly.

“Sweetie, you wouldn't blow off a class if your head was on fire.”

Willow’s breath became visibly labored.

“It’s not my head that’s on fire.”

Tara put her palm on Willow’s chest and pushed her back down to a lying position.

“Well lucky we have some time, then,” she said with a lascivious curl of her lips, “Maybe I can tend to that inferno…”

Nice use of that canon easteregg!

Quote:
“Okay, what is this bellybutton insecurity about? You have a very cute belly button.”

Willow’s eyes widened. Her eyes fell to her navel and she covered it with her palm.

“When I was seven Xander and Jesse played a game trying to get an echo from speaking into my belly button,” she blurted, surprising even herself, “Then my cousin overheard them and told me good kids have small bellybuttons and bad kids have big bellybuttons because their mothers didn’t want them and tore them away faster when they were born.”

Tara’s eyes also grew large.

“That is… a lot to unpack,” she said, followed by her mouth opening and closing a few times, “…can I give you an orgasm now and we can process…that… next time we see each other?”

“Been carrying it over a decade, what’s a few more days?” Willow replied jovially with a look of excitement in her eyes, that faltered only momentarily when she let her hand slide away from her stomach, “But you really think it’s cute?”

“So cute,” Tara confirmed with utmost conviction and kissed Willow’s belly button for good measure.

I did feel bad for poor little Willow and that grown up-Willow is still plagued by insecurity / dislike of a part of her own body because of this cruel remark by her cousin (what a bitch or jerk! :mad). But their common resolve "let's have orgasms now and deal with the childhood trauma later" was hilarious! :lol

Quote:
Skidding to their respective vehicles, Tara got her key in the door to unlock the car while kissing Willow’s cheek.

“Goodbye, my love. I’ll see you next weekend.”

“Talk to you sooner,” Willow replied, popping her helmet over her head and lifting the visor, “Love you, bye.”

She waggled her fingers in a wave and Tara waved back with something of a sad smile on her face.

It was an odd sensation to be outside your home and feel like your home was leaving you.

I hope that they'll be able to move in together after the first semester, maybe rent an appartment somewhere "in the middle" between their colleges (although I don't know how long the daily commute would be for both of them in that case).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:29 pm 
5. Willowhand

Lovely update as always!

Willows belly button insecurity is kind of hilariously adorable and very "her", cute extra touch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:27 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

ok, ok, I'll shut up about the Vespa thing lol

Quote:
Nobody Knows You Better Than Me
Better Than The Lace You Wear
Every Single Detail Chantilly
Every Curl Inside Your Hair

HELL YES Kat Cumming!!

Cristal sucks.

I always appreciate when Willow and Tara's sex time isn't always readily available and perfect- it makes it that much better when they are together.

Poor Willow and her belly button (and nice take on the fact that Aly does have a big belly button), what her cousin said was really cruel- I can see how that would stick with her. I like how Tara took it in, and recognized the need to think it over (and you know, continue the hotness of them)

The rest was .... wow! Tara in that babydoll and Willow in the tank and undies... smokin

AW, they are gonna miss each other, but I think it will be good for them to have their own separate lives to share together

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:

Quote:
I'm disliking Chrystal even more than before for being so mean to Tara. I'm kind of hoping the police will arrest her soon for her dealer activities, although I worry that Tara might have to move out of the apartment afterwards.

You know I won't make Tara suffer too much.

Quote:
Poor horny Tara! :laugh
But their "morning loving" was a great compensation... :drool

:lol :lol she got hers in the end!

Quote:
Nice use of that canon easteregg!

Thanks!

Quote:
I did feel bad for poor little Willow and that grown up-Willow is still plagued by insecurity / dislike of a part of her own body because of this cruel remark by her cousin (what a bitch or jerk! :mad). But their common resolve "let's have orgasms now and deal with the childhood trauma later" was hilarious! :lol

Sometimes you have to prioritize, right? :laugh

Quote:
I hope that they'll be able to move in together after the first semester, maybe rent an appartment somewhere "in the middle" between their colleges (although I don't know how long the daily commute would be for both of them in that case).

Don't worry, know that I want this for them as well! (Though Willow is obliged to live on-campus for her first year, how much time does she really have to spend there?

Thanks for commenting!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Lovely update as always!

Quote:
Willows belly button insecurity is kind of hilariously adorable and very "her", cute extra touch.

Poor Willow, though I'm sure Tara had soothe her! :wink

Thanks for your comment!

shirrey

Quote:
ok, ok, I'll shut up about the Vespa thing lol

Feel the cool air on your cheeks and imagine the good things...

Quote:
HELL YES Kat Cumming!!

I love Kat Cunning (did you find her on Trinkets too?)

Quote:
Cristal sucks.

Entirely

Quote:
I always appreciate when Willow and Tara's sex time isn't always readily available and perfect- it makes it that much better when they are together.

Real life sucks but hey, doesn't always hurt.

Quote:
Poor Willow and her belly button (and nice take on the fact that Aly does have a big belly button), what her cousin said was really cruel- I can see how that would stick with her. I like how Tara took it in, and recognized the need to think it over (and you know, continue the hotness of them)

Tara's known about this bellybutton thing since China (when Willow admitted to altering some photos of herself) but I think the reasoning hit her hard.

Quote:
The rest was .... wow! Tara in that babydoll and Willow in the tank and undies... smokin

:D

Quote:
AW, they are gonna miss each other, but I think it will be good for them to have their own separate lives to share together

I agree, they're going to be living together soon enough that I think it doesn't hurt to establish solid lives separately that they can then bring together.

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

An Afternoon Of Music

You Said Come Just As You Are
Skin And Bones And Broken Heart
You Kept Your Word, And Here I Stand
Born Again, Just As I Am

“Tea?”

Willow looked up from Tara’s desk and smiled as Tara offered her a cool glass of ice tea.

“Dip your finger in it so I can have it sweeter?” she asked jovially.

Tara leaned down to kiss the bridge of Willow’s nose.

“It’s bribe tea, I must admit,” she said and Willow cocked her head, intrigued, “Will you record me for something?”

“Of course,” Willow replied and looked up, intrigued, “What are you recording? And do I get a copy?”

She grinned lasciviously, which Tara ducked her head and smiled, though pretended to give Willow a withering look as she looked at her again.

“I’ve been helping Dawn with her summer reading list and I thought she might find some of our homework songs helpful now that she’s back in school.”

Willow’s smile softened.

“I’d love to. I didn’t know you were doing that.”

Tara shrugged one shoulder bashfully.

“Just trying to help where I can.”

Willow left her homework and her tea at the desk and stood. She took Tara’s hands and had them sit together on Tara’s couch.

“Buffy, she…”

“Is she falling apart?” Tara asked softly.

Willow shook her head.

“No. The opposite. She’s so gung-ho and ho-gung! Says she needs no help; wants no help. I mean, I know Joyce is doing well but it still must be hard dealing with the treatments and everything. Taking care of the house and Dawn…”

Tara rubbed Willow’s back.

“Just keep being there. That way she knows.”

Willow nodded and leaned her head on Tara’s shoulder.

“I’m so glad I’m yours.”

Tara wrapped her arms around Willow and they just cuddled silently for a bit.

It was nice to have a rare moment where they could put school and work and the whole world on hold and just be with each other. This was something they’d come to savor when traveling and living amongst so many others and a little habit they’d carried on when the moment presented itself.

When Tara felt it was natural, she kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“Willow, we never talked about…they bellybutton thing.”

Willow cringed.

“Do we have to?”

“No,” Tara answered softly, “But I just hope you know what your cousin said…it had to be Daniel, right?”

Willow looked at Tara quizzically.

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“He used to pal up with Donnie when they would come to visit,” Tara replied with a frown, “They would tag-team me to sneak up on me and pull my pigtails from either side.”

Willow quickly sat up straight, anger flushing through her face.

“If I knew that I would have crushed his tiny balls to smithereens,” she said, puffing out a breath, “I have half a mind to go up to Stanford right now and do it anyway.”

“Calm,” Tara said gently, cupping Willow’s cheek and stroking it with her thumb, “He was a silly boy then and probably is still now. But it’s a long time ago. And…”

She pulled up Willow’s shirt and starting blowing raspberries on her stomach.

“I love this belly button!”

Willow squirmed and laughed.

“Okay, okay! I give! My belly button is wonderful!”

Tara didn’t relent.

“It is the cutest belly button to ever exist!”

“Yes, yes!” Willow half-fought the onslaught of tickles, “It’s everything a belly button should be!”

Tara finally acquiesced and lifted her head to kiss Willow’s lips.

“And Daniel is a booger.”

“Such language, Ms. Maclay,” Willow teased with flushed cheeks and a grin, “He’s such a booger that it makes up his entire brain.”

“And nobody wants to touch him because they’ll get all snotty,” Tara countered and Willow laughed, surprised and also not that Tara was able to heal those old memories with the childish insults she should have given him back then.

She leaned down and nuzzled their noses.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Tara replied and pressed their lips together, “Is it okay for you to help me record now?”

Willow nodded.

“It is okay. Definitely. I want to help you but I just…” she craned her head up to look at Tara, “I’m gonna call my mom first. Been doing that a lot lately.”

“I’m glad,” Tara smiled softly, “My thing can wait. I’ll finish off my assignment. If I can figure out the software.”

“I’ll help with that too,” Willow grinned back and placed a peck on Tara’s lips, “I love you.”

Tara lifted her hand and splayed all five fingers, then dropped to two and finally made a zero sign with her thumb and forefinger.

Willow beamed at their little symbol and they rested their foreheads together for a sweet moment. Tara left Willow on the couch and went over to sit on her bed and open her graphic design software. She’d toyed with it before in high school but didn’t have the same experience a lot of her fellow students seemed to have so she really wanted to put in the work to catch up.

She didn’t eavesdrop on Willow’s conversation, but it was hard not to hear while in the same room. She was happy to hear Willow recount her latest school work, fib about not being in L.A., and even heard the words: ‘Tara’s doing great, thanks for asking.’

Tara raised an eyebrow and glanced over to Willow, who gave her a thumbs-up back. Tara put her attention back to her computer and opened her folder of homework songs. Her smile faltered thinking of all of the Summers women. Not only Joyce but poor Dawnie really was having a rough time of it, Buffy too. She couldn’t imagine dealing with what they were dealing with.

Tara knew Kimberly was at work or she would have considered calling her mother too. Instead, she sent off a quick text to let her know she was thinking of her (and Joyce).

Immediately she got a text back with a good attempt at a selfie of Kimberly sitting by Joyce’s bedside. Her mother looked bright and happy and though Joyce was pale and donned in a hospital gown, she too looked positive. The captain said ‘six down, two to go’, Tara presumed this was the number of treatments Joyce had left. As she zoomed in, Tara could see multiple bunches of flowers by Joyce’s bedside and when she zoomed in, she could see the little cards said from Brian and Rupert, respectively.

It was a sucky situation to be in, no doubt, but Tara felt happy that the Summers family had every bit of love and support that they had surrounding them until they came out the other side.

Maybe it was time they took a trip home to check-in.

She was so engrossed in these thoughts while also idly drawing her assignment, that she didn’t realize Willow was off the phone under she sat next to her on the bed.

“That looks so cool!”

Tara blinked several times to pull herself back into the moment. She took in the little black and white cat she had chasing a balloon string as an advertisement for a fictional helium company. She brought the cursor over to the tail and elongated it a bit.

“You think?”

“Heck yeah,” Willow replied, enthused, “You’re so talented. You have no idea. I still sleep in my Insect Reflection t-shirt.”

Tara rested her head on Willow’s shoulder and played around with the image.

“I keep seeing this little kitty sneaking around the dumpster. I think it’s a stray but I can never catch her. I dunno, I guess I was inspired by her.”

“Aww,” Willow replied with a sad pout, “Maybe we could leave some food out?”

“You think?” Tara asked, glancing up at Willow unsurely, “She may keep coming back.”

Willow’s eyes lit up brightly.

“Yeah! Maybe we could take her in and make kitty go bonkers with string and catnip and stuff?”

Tara grinned.

“Absolutely.”

“Fun! I’m in,” Willow settled herself again, “If we can get her.”

“I think she’s a sneaky cat,” Tara nodded with slightly narrowed eyes.

“Let’s hope Chaos Crystal doesn’t eat them for breakfast,” Willow retorted with a smirk, that didn’t falter a second when Tara grabbed the nearest pillow and whacked Willow with it.

Willow was quick to jump to it and slid under Tara’s legs to pin her back on the mattress.

“Say mercy. Come on. Say mercy!” she continued to grin as Tara giggled knowingly at the familiar cinematic exchange. They’d watched DEBS plenty of times on long flights together, “Do you give? Do you give?”

Tara let the pillow fall softly alongside them, never breaking her gaze with Willow. Willow slid her hands up Tara’s arms and held them gently above their heads.

“Do you love me?” she asked softly.

“Well, you’re driving me crazy,” Tara replied in a soft lilt.

Willow pouted.

“You ruined the bit.”

Tara started to hum and Willow found herself mesmerized as ever when Tara gave over to the music.

“I can mash-potato, I can mash-potato,” she sang in a lovely low melody, “And I can do the twist.”

She shifted her hips and arched an eyebrow suggestively.

“I can do the twist.”

“Oh!” Willow replied, recognizing the song, “See, you always sneakily make things better. Do you think I’d be a better Patrick Swayze or Lucy Diamond?”

“Lucy Diamond,” Tara answered without hesitation and with a look in her eye that said she had thought about this before, “But right now I need you to be my camera lady.”

Willow pressed her lips to Tara’s and smiled.

“On it. Oh, what a privilege to behold that pretty face into zeros and ones forever.”

She kissed Tara again before releasing her and jumping up to find the best spot to record.

Tara watched her for a moment before pushing herself up on her elbows.

“Do it with me.”

Willow eagerly turned back around.

“Well, you never have to ask twice,” she said as she jumped back on the bed and on top of Tara with waggling eyebrows, “I can also do the twist. Not sure I like the sound of ‘mash potato-ing' though.”

Tara laughed and pulled Willow to her by the cheeks.

“Yes. Later,” she murmured as she pulled away from the kiss, “But I meant to record the songs with me.”

Willow’s gaze dropped. When Tara bumped their noses together, Willow looked back up.

“Really?”

“They are our songs,” Tara insisted softly.

Willow kissed the corner of Tara’s mouth.

“Okay. I’m in. But if Dawn fails Algebra because she can’t understand my screeching it’s your fault.”

Tara pushed them up and put an arm around Willow’s shoulders.

“I take full responsibility.”

She pecked Willow’s cheek and swung their hands up so they both stood. Willow started to set up her phone on the desk so it could record without her holding it, while Tara got her guitar out from the closet.

Tara sat on the couch opposite where Willow was setting up and got her guitar into a comfortable position on her lap.

“What song are we singing?” Willow asked as she came over to join.

“You pick,” Tara asked with an easy smile.

Willow’s eyes flicked excitedly as she thought through things in her head.

“Do you remember ‘Special f(x)’? That was one of my favorites.”

Tara strummed the guitar strings while looking at Willow adoringly.

“A function is an equation…”

Willow’s teeth flashed in a grin.

“That doesn’t take much persuasion.”

“One y for every x,” Tara continued the melody.

“Enjoy the special f(x)…” Willow finished the verse, finding herself completely unselfconscious.

They continued to sing, communicating a lot more with their eyes rather than what was coming out of their mouths. They finished the song and immediately cycled through ‘Coefficient Connoisseur’ and ‘Charismatic Quadratics’ before moving onto geography for a rendition of the famous ‘Geology Rocks’.

By the time they were finished they were more laughing than singing and had to re-do a few takes when they remembered these were actually supposed to help Dawn.

“Hey, Will?” Tara asked as she idly strummed some notes.

“Yeah?” Willow asked softly, cheeks red from exertion and laughter.

Tara placed her palms on Willow’s thighs.

“I was thinking we should go back to Sunnydale for the weekend. Check-in.”

Willow softly caught her breath.

“Sure, that sounds good,” she nodded easily, “I can miss my study group on Friday morning and come up here early so we can leave whenever you finish classes. Can you get off work?”

Tara nodded.

“I’ll just ask to do extra weekday shifts.”

“Great,” Willow replied, then started to crawl over Tara, whose guitar slowly shifted to the floor, “Hey, let’s make some new music.”

Tara’s gaze dropped to Willow’s lips breathlessly.

“Yeah?”

Willow just nodded with a sideways grin.

“Siri, play Thinking Of You playlist.”

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Sept 29th 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:49 am 
5. Willowhand

Dibs !

Love it, very very cute. I happen to be a singing guitarist and me and my girlfriend occasionally sing silly songs together as well so this warmed my heart.

It's sweet that Tara's putting so much effort into helping Dawn out from afar, the Joyce stuff always makes me sad.

Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

LOL I wrote Kat CuMMing- if that's not a Freudian typo.... yes I learned of Kat Cunning from Trinkets - which I watched because I heard there was a Tara-ish character (Jillian is adorable)

And then you drop in some Rilo Kiley into this update!! Excellent music choices!

I really loved this update- I admit that often, slice-of-life fics don't always hold my interest, but you write them so charming and precious (and hot)

I don't have a partner but I do sing silly silly songs to my cats-

I love that the girls have all this history that culminates into who they are together now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:32 am 

Quote:
She pulled up Willow’s shirt and starting blowing raspberries on her stomach.

“I love this belly button!”

Willow squirmed and laughed.

“Okay, okay! I give! My belly button is wonderful!”

Tara didn’t relent.

“It is the cutest belly button to ever exist!”

“Yes, yes!” Willow half-fought the onslaught of tickles, “It’s everything a belly button should be!”

Tara finally acquiesced and lifted her head to kiss Willow’s lips.

“And Daniel is a booger.”

“Such language, Ms. Maclay,” Willow teased with flushed cheeks and a grin, “He’s such a booger that it makes up his entire brain.”

“And nobody wants to touch him because they’ll get all snotty,” Tara countered and Willow laughed, surprised and also not that Tara was able to heal those old memories with the childish insults she should have given him back then.

She leaned down and nuzzled their noses.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Tara replied and pressed their lips together,

Awww, so adorable! :bigkiss I'm glad they were able to overcome Willow's childhood belly button trauma.

Quote:
“I keep seeing this little kitty sneaking around the dumpster. I think it’s a stray but I can never catch her. I dunno, I guess I was inspired by her.”

“Aww,” Willow replied with a sad pout, “Maybe we could leave some food out?”

“You think?” Tara asked, glancing up at Willow unsurely, “She may keep coming back.”

Willow’s eyes lit up brightly.

“Yeah! Maybe we could take her in and make kitty go bonkers with string and catnip and stuff?”

Tara grinned.

“Absolutely.”

“Fun! I’m in,” Willow settled herself again, “If we can get her.”

“I think she’s a sneaky cat,” Tara nodded with slightly narrowed eyes.

Yay to the canon eastereggs! I hope Miss Kitty Fantastico will be part of their little little family soon. :kitty

Quote:
“Do it with me.”

Willow eagerly turned back around.

“Well, you never have to ask twice,” she said as she jumped back on the bed and on top of Tara with waggling eyebrows, “I can also do the twist. Not sure I like the sound of ‘mash potato-ing' though.”

:rofl Willow is always ready for that kind of action... :wink

Quote:
Tara sat on the couch opposite where Willow was setting up and got her guitar into a comfortable position on her lap.

“What song are we singing?” Willow asked as she came over to join.

“You pick,” Tara asked with an easy smile.

Willow’s eyes flicked excitedly as she thought through things in her head.

“Do you remember ‘Special f(x)’? That was one of my favorites.”

Tara strummed the guitar strings while looking at Willow adoringly.

“A function is an equation…”

Willow’s teeth flashed in a grin.

“That doesn’t take much persuasion.”

“One y for every x,” Tara continued the melody.

“Enjoy the special f(x)…” Willow finished the verse, finding herself completely unselfconscious.

They continued to sing, communicating a lot more with their eyes rather than what was coming out of their mouths. They finished the song and immediately cycled through ‘Coefficient Connoisseur’ and ‘Charismatic Quadratics’ before moving onto geography for a rendition of the famous ‘Geology Rocks’.

Also very cute! I imagine that Tara composed the melodies extra for those songs and didn't "borrow" melodies we already know so I can't imagine how those songs actually sound like.

Quote:
“Hey, Will?” Tara asked as she idly strummed some notes.

“Yeah?” Willow asked softly, cheeks red from exertion and laughter.

Tara placed her palms on Willow’s thighs.

“I was thinking we should go back to Sunnydale for the weekend. Check-in.”

Willow softly caught her breath.

“Sure, that sounds good,” she nodded easily

I'm wondering if Tara will already get a feeling during this visit that all is not well with Buffy (and if Buffy is already having the unhealthy relationship with Spike or if this will happen later in the story).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Dibs !

Quote:
Love it, very very cute. I happen to be a singing guitarist and me and my girlfriend occasionally sing silly songs together as well so this warmed my heart.

Oh that's so sweet <3 <3

Quote:
It's sweet that Tara's putting so much effort into helping Dawn out from afar, the Joyce stuff always makes me sad.

Me too, but at least in this world I can make it better!

Quote:
Can't wait for more!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for commenting!

shirrey

Quote:
LOL I wrote Kat CuMMing- if that's not a Freudian typo.... yes I learned of Kat Cunning from Trinkets - which I watched because I heard there was a Tara-ish character (Jillian is adorable)

LOL! Yes I heard about it from the Jillian/Tara similarity (I could totally see that actor playing a W/T kid)

Quote:
And then you drop in some Rilo Kiley into this update!! Excellent music choices!

Why thank you! But don't worry, there'll be plenty of cheesy stuff too since that's how I roll :kgeek

Quote:
I really loved this update- I admit that often, slice-of-life fics don't always hold my interest, but you write them so charming and precious (and hot)

I totally get that, it can be boring but I just love working in that minutiae and indulging in all the corny goodness

Quote:
I don't have a partner but I do sing silly silly songs to my cats-

I sing songs to my dog!

Quote:
I love that the girls have all this history that culminates into who they are together now

It's such a fun backstory to work with!

Will's redemption

Quote:
Awww, so adorable! :bigkiss I'm glad they were able to overcome Willow's childhood belly button trauma.

Tara is just magic like that.

Quote:
Yay to the canon eastereggs! I hope Miss Kitty Fantastico will be part of their little little family soon. :kitty

Oh she will!

Quote:
:rofl Willow is always ready for that kind of action... :wink

She has a lot of time to make up for :wink

Quote:
Also very cute! I imagine that Tara composed the melodies extra for those songs and didn't "borrow" melodies we already know so I can't imagine how those songs actually sound like.

Yes their homework songs were always original melodies, but very simple ones, remember they made up a lot of them when they were kids so you can imagine just a sort of natural melody of the words

Quote:
I'm wondering if Tara will already get a feeling during this visit that all is not well with Buffy (and if Buffy is already having the unhealthy relationship with Spike or if this will happen later in the story).

That's all coming but not quite yet. Buffy is still in thick of Joyce's treatments.

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Returning To Sunnydale

But It's The Love That Makes You Feel So Good
That's What I Call
That's What I Call Home

“I just don’t see why it can’t work.”

“Physics?” Tara rebutted Willow’s impassioned claims as they drove along the 101 on their way back to Sunnydale.

“Aha!” Willow retorted with a winning grin, “You forget, I’m a Phys Whiz! I can totally do the calculations to make it work!”

“Willow, you’re not going down on me while I’m driving,” Tara shook her head, “I’ve been arrested once already for having sex with you where I shouldn’t.”

Willow crossed her arms and pouted.

“Stupid laws of the land and their holier-than-thou attitudes.”

Tara glanced over at the passenger seat and shook her head.

“While I entirely agree our criminal justice system needs to be abolished and reworked, I also do not want to fall foul for what honestly sounds like an uncomfortable endeavor for all, not to mention dangerous.”

“That’s the fun,” Willow’s eyes twinkled.

“Do you want to get caught?” Tara questioned, though gently and with her arched eyebrow facing away from Willow.

“No!” Willow replied quickly and with a shudder, “No I want as few people as possible to have seen my belly button on show.”

“Did we not just work through your belly button trauma?” Tara interjected but Willow just waved a hand.

“It’s not that. It’s just like…another way to be with you. Another place, another moment in time and space where I’m yours and you’re mine and we’re imprinting our love on the landscape of the universe. I want to inhabit all of that space. I want our love to be as infinite to the outside world as it feels inside me.”

Tara blushed and then smiled, turning crooked as she glanced at Willow.

“You would have been such a lady killer given the chance.”

“I only want to kill one lady,” Willow replied sweetly, then frowned, “Wait…”

“I know what you meant,” Tara laughed, then took Willow’s hand across the console for a brief moment before returning it to the wheel, “How about I promise to imprint with you on every piece of earth that is safe and love you through every molecule the universe contains?”

Willow smiled softly.

“Now who’s lady-killing?”

She turned in the seat and reached over to tuck some hair behind Tara’s ear.

“That tickles,” Tara said with a scrunched nose.

Willow threw her hands up.

“Everybody’s a critic.”

She pushed Tara’s shoulder, just barely, then leaned over and kissed her cheek.

“At least you have good tunes.”

She turned on the sound system as ‘Shut Up And Drive’ began to play. As she bopped in her seat, Tara wondered what special atoms had formed to create Willow as she was, but was grateful for whatever cosmic force did it.

When they crossed the borderline into Sunnydale, the music went off. The town was always so dark and dreary at night and bodies seemed to pop out from nowhere. Willow was glad she’d brought Velma on the back of the car. Easier to zip around when you announced yourself in hot pink.

They got to their street and Tara parked on the curb outside her house.

“You’re going to come over later, right?” Willow asked, placing her palm on Tara’s thigh.

Tara nodded.

“Text me when you’re going to bed and I’ll come over. Are you sure your parents don’t mind?”

“I checked and I wasn’t even sarcastic about it,” Willow replied with a proud grin.

Tara reached over and brushed some hair from Willow’s brow.

“I know we should probably just sleep in our own houses but I miss you during the week. The weekend gets me through. I don’t want to give it up just because we’re here instead of LA.”

Willow shrugged one shoulder.

“Why should we sleep apart? It’s not our fault they still think we’re kids. We could get a room if they really objected but this is always how it’s going to be, so they better just get used to it…”

Tara just smiled tiredly.

“Okay, baby. Shabbat shalom.”

They met in the middle for a kiss and Willow squeezed Tara’s thigh promisingly.

“Enjoy dinner with your family.”

“You too,” Tara replied and they pecked quickly one more time before exiting different sides of the car.

Willow patted Velma to say goodnight, leaving her there until tomorrow and grabbed her overnight bag from the backseat. Tara did the same on her side and lifted her hand to wave before walking up the garden path to her front door. Before she could even knock, Kimberly had thrown open the door and thrown her arms over Tara.

Tara gently closed her hands around her mother and leaned her head on Kimberly’s shoulder.

“Hello, Momma.”

Kimberly kissed Tara’s cheek three times in quick succession, making her laugh.

“I didn’t even get this big of a welcome when I came back from the trip.”

Kimberly pulled away and held Tara’s face.

“Oh you did so, don’t be silly. Maybe I was a little overwhelmed then. But I missed you every day then and I miss you every day now. Come in, come in. Dinner is almost ready. Where’s Willow?”

“Having dinner with her parents,” Tara answered as she stepped inside and left her bag by the stairs, “She said she’ll come to say hi tomorrow.”

“Oh, I’m glad to hear it,” Kimberly smiled, then started to blush as she cleared her throat and walked toward the living room, “Jeff is already here.”

“No surprise,” Tara smiled at her blushing mother, who shot her a look and made a swift flicking motion with her hand as they approached the door.

As Tara walked through, Jeff stood and wiped his palms on his slacks. Tara had gotten quite used to him being around the house while she’d been home for the summer but he still seemed nervous around her. Tara didn’t know if it was because of their first meeting or because he wanted her to think he was good for his mother but she found it endearing and was always gentle with him.

“Hi Jeff, it’s nice to see you again,” she waved politely, holding the end of her sleeve in her palm as her hand whooshed past in front of her.

Jeff seemed to relax and smiled. For a moment, Tara could see what her mother saw in him. His smile was mischievous and charming in the softest of ways.

“Hi, Tara. It’s nice to see you too. Good drive?”

“If you count my girlfriend whining most of the way down as ‘good’ then yes,” Tara answered with an easy smile.

“Oh, is Willow okay?” Kimberly asked as she walked in behind them, handing Tara a glass of cherry soda and Jeff a new beer.

“She’s perfectly fine,” Tara smiled again, “She just doesn’t like losing an argument.”

“Well, nobody does,” Kimberly said from between them, “Sit, sit the both of you. Tara, tell us country bumpkins how it’s going down in Los Angeles. Can you believe my baby girl lives in Hollywood?”

The last question was directed toward Jeff, who smiled at the proud look on Kimberly’s face and rubbed her back from where she was sitting on the arm of his chair.

“I sure do believe it, you like to brag about it enough,” he teased gently and Tara just adored the smile it produced on her mother’s face.

“It’s all very normal,” Tara replied with a hidden grin, “As long as lots of very tiny dogs and very big boobs are in your definition of ‘normal’.”

They laughed and Tara sipped on her soda.

“I’m really busy actually, with school and work and spending time with Willow at the weekends. I’m not sure what an L.A. lifestyle is, but it feels pretty close to a Sunnydale lifestyle just with more people and, somehow, less crime.”

The other two laughed again and Tara knew it wasn’t because of her joke. She recognized the look that accompanied the laugh; like it was a shared secret between the two. She knew it from being under the covers with Willow, hanging a sheet in a cramped bunk bed, and feeling like nothing existed but them.

The doorbell rang and Tara decided to give them a moment so she jumped up quickly to answer it.

“Donny,” she said in surprise as she opened the door, “I didn’t know you were coming over.”

“Mom invited us?” Donny replied, awkwardly shuffling from one foot to the other as he offered a smile, “Said you were home from the big city.”

As he shuffled, Tara spotted a small frame hiding behind his broad one.

“Amy, hi,” she lifted her hand in a wave.

Amy waved shyly back.

“Is Willow here too?”

Tara shook her head.

“No, it’s Shabbat.”

Amy nodded and smiled softly.

“Tell her I was asking for her?”

“Sure,” Tara smiled back, “Let me get you guys a drink. Soda, juice?”

They picked their drinks and after exchanging hellos, Kimberly had them sit around the table so she could bring dinner out.

As Tara sat and watched the chicken pot pie be dished out, she smiled in the knowledge that while it still felt one short, this growing family was one she was happy to be a part of.

Tara was glad Willow's message came in when it did because she was dangerously close to falling asleep right there on her own bed and she knew they both would have been disappointed with that.

After dinner, Tara found herself surprised, despite trying to genuinely accept her brother turning his life around, that he offered to do the dishes. What was even more surprising was sneaking a glance of him and Amy having a suds fight like she and Willow had so many times.

She realized she’d never actually witnessed him be affectionate, or loving.

She realized he’d probably never felt affection, or love, at least not in a way he felt worthy to accept.

She turned to give them their privacy and returned to the living room, but found herself caught between two couples as Kimberly and Jeff were snuggling up on the couch in a routine Tara guessed was well-worn at this point.

Kimberly seemed to catch her out of the corner of her eye and started to straighten up but Tara faked a yawn.

“Mom, dinner was delicious but the drive wore me out. I’m going to go chill in my room until Willow messages me to go over.”

“They can’t spend a night apart,” Kimberly said to Jeff with lightly creased eyes and a mocking drawl.

“Wonder where I get that from,” Tara replied and pushed off the wall with a grin before Kimberly could react, “Goodnight mother. Goodnight Jeff.”

There were some placid responses, the same when Tara called out goodnight to Donny and Amy and she left the couples to their respective cocoons to retreat to her own.

Sitting on the bed, her energy deflated along with the mattress. This room felt so odd for a place she’d called her own for eighteen years of her life. She’d only been in L.A. for a matter of weeks and was dealing with an odd (at best) roommate in an old building with used furniture but it felt more like hers than these four walls did. At least, when Willow was there it did.

Maybe it wasn’t the walls.

Maybe it was the heart(h).

Not wanting to disturb the conversation or possibly, hopefully, even the games the Rosenbergs might be playing, Tara decided to get ready for bed so she would be snuggle-ready as soon as she went over.

It was decidedly autumnal, which was a beautiful reprieve from the Californian summer heat, but also necessitated something more than shorts and a tank top for bed. She opened her old dresser and smiled as a pair of pajamas jumped out at her; a pair Willow had given her one Christmas with a ferret wearing a fez decorated on them. They were full-length and long-sleeved but light enough not to make her sweat under the blanket. She changed into them and smiled at the memories they induced.

Once her teeth were brushed and her face was washed, she found herself with no other routine to go through before getting into bed and this was how she became dangerously close to falling asleep and setting herself up for an annoyed girlfriend that would push that pout to its very limits. But finally, the message came.

She slipped her feet into her slippers, wrapped her robe around her, and put her phone in its front pocket before making her way downstairs. The lights were all off so Tara was quiet about leaving and locking up again, then made a quick skirmish across the street in case any of the neighbors were watching.

Willow was waiting at the open door and rubbed Tara’s back as she crossed the threshold.

“I like a lady who comes prepared to snuggle.”

Tara’s lips sloped up on one side.

“How did I know you were going to say that?”

She held out her hand, which Willow took happily and they walked upstairs to her bedroom.

Tara left her robe at the end of the bed and fell into the welcoming embrace of the sheets. The pillows smelled like Willow even though she hadn’t slept there in so long and Tara felt that feeling of embrace hold on somewhere deeper inside her.

She felt the sag of the bed and then Willow’s little crouching scurry toward her. Peace whooshed over them both.

“Guess I’m warming you up tonight,” Willow murmured as their feet ensconced themselves with each other.

“You warm me up every night,” Tara replied as she held Willow’s arm across her stomach, “Did everything go okay tonight?”

“Positively normal,” Willow replied and nuzzled into the back of Tara’s head, “You?”

“Same,” Tara answered softly, “Amy says hi.”

There was a pause before Willow answered.

“That’s still way too weird.”

“Mmm,” Tara replied on an exhale, “I’m not sure. Something tells me you might have to get used to it.”

Willow shuffled around and settled again.

“Maybe I’ll eat some brownies with her.”

“Better not eat her brownie,” Tara replied wryly and felt the joy of Willow giggling into her neck.

“Hey, do you think I ever did pot brownies with her without knowing it?”

“If she was anything like Donny, I doubt she shared her weed,” Tara answered with a rhythmic pat to Willow’s hand.

“Hmm,” Willow replied as she slowly wound herself completely around Tara’s back, “I’m sleepy.”

“Me too,” Tara said and let out a long breath, “Goodnight, love.”

Willow was already gone.

Tara wasn't too far behind, ready to meet her in the land of hope and dreams.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Oct 5th 202
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 am 

Quote:
“I just don’t see why it can’t work.”

“Physics?” Tara rebutted Willow’s impassioned claims as they drove along the 101 on their way back to Sunnydale.

“Aha!” Willow retorted with a winning grin, “You forget, I’m a Phys Whiz! I can totally do the calculations to make it work!”

“Willow, you’re not going down on me while I’m driving,” Tara shook her head, “I’ve been arrested once already for having sex with you where I shouldn’t.”

Willow crossed her arms and pouted.

“Stupid laws of the land and their holier-than-thou attitudes.”

Tara glanced over at the passenger seat and shook her head.

“While I entirely agree our criminal justice system needs to be abolished and reworked, I also do not want to fall foul for what honestly sounds like an uncomfortable endeavor for all, not to mention dangerous.”

“That’s the fun,” Willow’s eyes twinkled.

:laugh My my, little Willow has become quite adventurous!

Quote:
It’s just like…another way to be with you. Another place, another moment in time and space where I’m yours and you’re mine and we’re imprinting our love on the landscape of the universe. I want to inhabit all of that space. I want our love to be as infinite to the outside world as it feels inside me.”

Tara blushed and then smiled, turning crooked as she glanced at Willow.

“You would have been such a lady killer given the chance.”

“I only want to kill one lady,” Willow replied sweetly, then frowned, “Wait…”

“I know what you meant,” Tara laughed, then took Willow’s hand across the console for a brief moment before returning it to the wheel, “How about I promise to imprint with you on every piece of earth that is safe and love you through every molecule the universe contains?”

Awww, so sweet! :bigkiss Both are quite the word smiths when it comes to proclaiming their love for each other!

Quote:
As Tara walked through, Jeff stood and wiped his palms on his slacks. Tara had gotten quite used to him being around the house while she’d been home for the summer but he still seemed nervous around her. Tara didn’t know if it was because of their first meeting or because he wanted her to think he was good for his mother but she found it endearing and was always gentle with him.

“Hi Jeff, it’s nice to see you again,” she waved politely, holding the end of her sleeve in her palm as her hand whooshed past in front of her.

Jeff seemed to relax and smiled. For a moment, Tara could see what her mother saw in him. His smile was mischievous and charming in the softest of ways.

“Hi, Tara. It’s nice to see you too. Good drive?”

“If you count my girlfriend whining most of the way down as ‘good’ then yes,” Tara answered with an easy smile.

“Oh, is Willow okay?” Kimberly asked as she walked in behind them, handing Tara a glass of cherry soda and Jeff a new beer.

“She’s perfectly fine,” Tara smiled again, “She just doesn’t like losing an argument.”

Good thing that Kimberly didn't ask what the argument was about... :wink
I'm wondering when Jeff will stop being kind of afraid of Tara.

Quote:
As Tara sat and watched the chicken pot pie be dished out, she smiled in the knowledge that while it still felt one short, this growing family was one she was happy to be a part of.

I'm glad for the growing "Team Maclay". They should have another family dinner the next evening that Willow can attend too.

Quote:
After dinner, Tara found herself surprised, despite trying to genuinely accept her brother turning his life around, that he offered to do the dishes. What was even more surprising was sneaking a glance of him and Amy having a suds fight like she and Willow had so many times.

She realized she’d never actually witnessed him be affectionate, or loving.

She realized he’d probably never felt affection, or love, at least not in a way he felt worthy to accept.

I'm happy that Donny is succeeding in becoming a better (and happier) person.

Quote:
“Hmm,” Willow replied as she slowly wound herself completely around Tara’s back, “I’m sleepy.”

“Me too,” Tara said and let out a long breath, “Goodnight, love.”

Willow was already gone.

Tara wasn't too far behind, ready to meet her in the land of hope and dreams.

Those two are so cute together, even if it's "just" falling asleep together dressed in PJs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:04 am 
5. Willowhand

Very domestic and sweet. Kimberly and Jeff are adorable.

Gotta love Willows risky appetite but Tara’s right thats super dumb haha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

It says a lot that everyone in your Inevitable and Infinitely world is a joy to check in on- (Donny is even getting there)

So lovely

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:

Quote:
:laugh My my, little Willow has become quite adventurous!

:laugh I always saw Willow as being sexually adventurous :wink

Quote:
www, so sweet! :bigkiss Both are quite the word smiths when it comes to proclaiming their love for each other!

I am a cornball/cheesy person who likes to think love invokes these kinds of skills in people but also:

1) Tara is a songwriter
2) Willow has used words to express her feelings a lot (for example, writing her journal)

So it's not totally out of the realm for me that they would be able to be like that with each other.

Quote:
Good thing that Kimberly didn't ask what the argument was about... :wink

Kimberly is wise to their hijinks.

Quote:
I'm wondering when Jeff will stop being kind of afraid of Tara.

Probably...never :lol

Quote:
I'm glad for the growing "Team Maclay". They should have another family dinner the next evening that Willow can attend too.

We're always on the same wavelength :wink

Quote:
I'm happy that Donny is succeeding in becoming a better (and happier) person.

He'll have a hard life but it's better for everyone not to have animosity

Quote:
Those two are so cute together, even if it's "just" falling asleep together dressed in PJs.

I do love a good falling asleep scene...

Thanks for your feedback!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Very domestic and sweet. Kimberly and Jeff are adorable.

Yes I really wanted Kimberly to get some happiness!

Quote:
Gotta love Willows risky appetite but Tara’s right thats super dumb haha

SUPER dumb :lol but yes it's fun to see Willow make up for all she denied herself for so long

Thanks for your comment!

shirrey

Quote:
It says a lot that everyone in your Inevitable and Infinitely world is a joy to check in on- (Donny is even getting there)

So lovely

:heart thank you so much I want them all to be happy!

Thanks for your feedback!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Doing The Rounds

So Don't You Fear
Even If You're Miles Away
I'm By Your Side

“I feel kind of shitty.”

Tara looked up at Willow as they walked along the streets of suburban Sunnydale.

“Why, sweetie?”

Willow kicked a stone that came upon their path.

“Like, oh I’m going to go hang out with my bestie, and you can just take care of the little sister for us, y’know, take her off our hands, do all the work.”

“I’m not ‘taking Dawn off your hands’,” Tara replied with a shake of her head, “I’m looking forward to our milkshake and movie fun day. I think she’s a sweet kid. A-and I think it’s nice for you and Buffy to have some bestie time alone. She must need a break from taking care of her mom and college and all that stuff.”

Willow nodded.

“Yeah, she’s trying to pretend she’s all smiles but I know it’s wearing her down. Joyce is completely out of commission for days after her treatments. Thank god she’s almost finished the course. I really, really hope it works.”

“Mom says she’s doing great,” Tara replied, swinging her hand into Willow’s, “The type of tumor she has, it’s super respondent to treatment and they can see it shrinking on the scans. But she’s lucky because if she let those headaches go much longer, it would have grown and cut off her blood supply or caused an aneurysm.”

Willow shuddered.

“It’s so scary. Mrs. Summers is so brave. Buffy too.”

“And Dawn,” Tara added.

“Yeah, little Dawnie,” Willow said with a sympathetic frown, “You sure you’re okay hanging out with her today?”

“Definitely,” Tara nodded and squeezed Willow’s hand with a smile.

Willow smiled softly back.

They arrived at Revello Drive and heard a screech from behind the door before it even opened.

“Hi!” Dawn squealed as she threw it open, her hands flying into the air for a brief second.

Willow and Tara greeted Dawn with hugs and let her babble as they walked into the living room to say hello to Joyce. Joyce seemed tired but bright and was eager to hear of how they were getting on at college.

“Doing better than my straight ‘D’s,” Buffy piped up from behind and Willow turned and ran to hug her friend.

“It’s so good to see you,” Willow gushed as she wrapped her arms tightly around Buffy.

Buffy remained tense but did soften her stance to hug Willow back.

“You too, Will. Classes just aren’t the same without you to explain how I’m butchering the French language or forgetting to carry the 1…and usually the 2, 3, and 4 too.”

“You know I’m on the other end of the line for homework help any time,” Willow replied with a pointed look, “And anything else, too.”

Buffy kept Willow’s gaze and swallowed.

“Speaking of homework,” Tara interjected when Dawn seemed like she was about to intrude on their space, “I have those homework songs I promised you, Dawn. Do you want to go watch them? Our movie doesn’t start until 1.”

Dawn clapped her hands repeatedly and nodded; grabbing Tara’s hand to pull her upstairs. Tara waved her fingers goodbye to Willow and Buffy and allowed herself to be taken by Dawn to her bedroom.

In the living room, Buffy fussed over Joyce until she was ordered to leave and go have some fun. She and Willow decided to head for the espresso pump like the old days.

Willow opened her mouth to compliment Joyce’s progress but shut it again. Buffy truly did seem like she needed a break.

“So no new military men?” she asked instead with an inquisitive lilt in her tone, “Someone from the Navy perhaps, this time?”

Buffy scrunched up her nose.

“Why the Navy?”

“Y’know, good at going down?” Willow grinned and persisted with it despite Buffy’s bewildered look, “Like…on a sub?”

“A sandwich?” Buffy asked with both eyebrows furrowed.

“No, a submarine! A, a…vessel!” Willow replied, throwing her hands up, “This metaphor was meta-poor.”

They fell into silent step again.

“I couldn’t handle a guy right now,” Buffy said eventually, “I’m already up at 5 and patrolling until all hours.”

“Patrolling?” Willow asked with a softly arched eyebrow.

Buffy sighed.

“What I’ve been calling walking the halls all night making sure Dawn isn’t having nightmares and Mom hasn’t fallen out of bed or…stopped breathing in her sleep or something.”

Willow frowned.

“Has that happened?”

“Well…no,” Buffy admitted, frowning too, “But if it does, I need to be there.”

Willow nodded silently.

They arrived at the Pump and got their respective coffees, but Willow noticed quite a few people stopping Buffy to wish her mother well, so she suggested they drink it while walking through the park to get away from everybody.

“Do you miss Sunnydale?” Buffy asked as they entered the park, her eyes flitting over to Willow skittishly.

Willow paused for a moment to contemplate.

“I miss you guys,” she answered honestly, “School would feel so weird and out of place if I hadn’t spent the past year literally being out of place.”

Buffy frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, there’s my roommate for one,” Willow replied, her voice rising as she too rose onto her toes and back down on her heel, “She’s fine, great actually. We have good talks about science and research methods and things like that. But…”

“But…” Buffy prompted.

Willow shrugged one shoulder and looked at Buffy sidelong.

“I used to assume we'd be roomies through grad school well into little old ladyhood. You know, cheating at bingo together and forgetting to take our pills.”

Buffy smiled.

“Us?”

“Yeah,” Willow replied, “I guess I never really figured how that would work what with me always planning on going to HMU and all, but…yeah.”

Buffy cracked a smile for the first time since Willow had seen her.

“That would have been fun. If…life didn’t happen.”

“Yeah, it tends to do that,” Willow sighed, “But home must be better than the fiendish roommate you ended up with last year.”

Buffy’s eyes widened warily.

“I’d call her demonic.”

“Good god, that's a lot of shake.”

Dawn eyed the large cup in front of her and nodded. Tara’s eyes just grew wider.

“I mean, I know, part of our…big…movie and milkshake fun day, but,” she paused and shook her head in disbelief, “Good god, that's a lot of shake.”

Dawn laughed.

“Helps to wash down the Raisinettes.”

Tara frowned unsurely.

“Promise me that you will eat something green tonight? Leafy green, not… gummy green.”

Dawn sipped her milkshake through the straw.

“Buffy will probably just bring home chicken again,” she said, then added on helpfully, “The ranch sauce has a green lid. Does that count?”

“I don’t think so,” Tara’s frown deepened, “Has my Mom not been helping you with meals and stuff?”

“Oh she makes the best stuff,” Dawn gushed enthusiastically, “But Buffy saves all the good stuff for Mom.”

Tara nodded slowly.

“Well, maybe I’ll have to tell my Mom to start making sneaky Dawn portions.”

Dawn brightened and took another big glug of milkshake.

“Can I show my friends your songs?”

“Sure, if you want,” Tara smiled demurely, “As long as you promise not to laugh at me.”

Dawn looked shocked.

“I would never laugh at you. You and Willow are the coolest.”

She paused and cocked her head thoughtfully.

“What do you do together? My Mom will never tell me.”

Tara quickly pushed the chair back and stood.

“I think I better get you home.”

Dawn shrugged and took her milkshake cup back to the car with Tara.

By the time they pulled up outside the Summers house, a hot pink Vespa was zipping into the driveway. Dawn hopped out and ran over to admire it as Buffy stumbled off from the back.

“I see you took my place,” Tara said to her with a good-natured smile.

Buffy popped her helmet off with a distasteful look on her face.

“My hands were much closer to Willow than I ever wanted them to be.”

“I didn’t want your weird hyper-strong hands on me either,” Willow retorted with her chin tilted up indignantly.

Dawn started to bounce on her toes.

“Can I ride it?!”

“You need a license, honey,” Willow replied apologetically, then smiled eagerly, “But you can jump on the back.”

Buffy snatched the second helmet away from them.

“I think not.”

“Come on, Buffy!” Dawn groaned, stamping her foot.

“No way,” Buffy shook her head, her eyes rolling tiredly in her head, “The last thing I need is you in the hospital with a concussion.”

Dawn gestured wildly.

“She has helmets.”

She tried to grab said helmet but Buffy held it too high for her to reach.

“I said no.”

An awkward silence settled over them all with palpable anger coming from Dawn. Willow stepped between them to try and physically break the tension.

“You don’t want to be riding around with a milkshake belly anyway,” she said, clutching her own stomach indicatively, “Unless you want it shakin’ all the way back up.”

Dawn gave a little smile and Tara put a hand on both hers and Willow’s backs.

“Willow would you and Dawn take the lasagnas in the trunk into the kitchen?” she said, then turned to Buffy, “I asked my Mom could we raid her freezer so you could have a night off.”

Willow secured the helmets and went with Dawn to carry-in dinner.

“Did you have a nice day with Willow?” Tara asked Buffy gently as she locked up the car.

Buffy looked over at Tara for a long second before deciding she didn’t have the energy to lie.

“Yes. I miss her. She’s my best friend.”

“She misses you too,” Tara replied with a sincere brow furrow, “You’re welcome to come down to LA any time. Get away from Sunnydale, for a few hours even.”

“Don’t have much of that these days,” Buffy replied wryly and stuck her hands in her pockets, “Time.”

They took a step up the path together. Nearly at the door, Tara turned to Buffy.

“C-Can I ask you something as an outsider?”

Buffy looked at Tara tenderly; a surprising look that made Tara’s heart clench.

“I don’t think you’re an outsider. You’re Willow’s girlfriend and your Mom is here every other day. You’re…you’re family.”

Tara stopped and turned to Buffy fully. She put both hands on Buffy’s shoulders.

“Is every other day enough?” she asked, then quickly clarified when Buffy seemed confused, “Do you need more help? I can’t even imagine running school and home and—”

“I quit school,” Buffy interjected quickly, quietly, “So everything is good.”

Tara’s eyes widened. Buffy gave one definitive nod.

“I’d appreciate it if you kept that to yourself. My mom doesn’t need the stress right now.”

Tara’s eyes blinked rapidly before she finally closed them fully. After a moment, she opened them and nodded. Buffy deflated with relief, perhaps of having told her secret.

“Thanks, Tara. And thank you for taking Dawn for the day. It’s nice to have another friend to lean on.”

“I am,” Tara replied, keeping Buffy’s gaze locked, “A friend. You can count on me.”

For the second time in a long time, Buffy smiled.

Willow held a light blanket over her shoulders as they sat around the new fire pit in the Maclay backyard.

Jeff had told them he’d built it to keep them warm in the evening while they ‘communed with nature’ and no one had been brave enough to ask exactly what that meant.

Still, it made a great focal point for everyone to sit around, especially like now when Kimberly had gotten excited about Tara being home and had invited a bunch of people over to show her off.

Willow was happy to share her girlfriend on this occasion, as showing Tara off was also one of her favorite pastimes.

As she watched the fire crack and spit, she also watched how everyone interacted with each other. There was a couple of people from Kimberly’s old church who looked terrified as Jeff waxed lyrical about his learning into duo-theism; Joyce and Brian were absolutely embroiled in get-a-roominess, making Willow glad Buffy had stayed left already to collect Dawn from a friend’s house. Even her own parents were quietly enjoying a drink and making small talk with Olivia.

Most interesting to Willow, and she wasn’t sure if it was in a good or bad way, was how Amy and Donny interacted. They sat together, but not too close together. Which was odd because their eyes were all over each other; pouring with affection and deep emotion. Sometimes Donny did put his hand over Amy’s or her hand brushed his knee but their lack of contact was so out of step with their connection that Willow wondered had she and Tara looked as odd before Willow had allowed them to be physical.

As ever, Willow’s eyes found Tara and she felt her heart swell watching her girlfriend smile demurely as Kimberly obviously bragged to a neighbor. She reached for her phone to try and take a sneaky picture but overshot and it fell onto the grass.

She spotted a large hand reaching down to it and looked up to a larger presence in tweed.

“Thanks, Giles,” she said as she took it from his offering hand.

Giles cleared his throat.

“People usually accompany my name with a ‘Mr.’”

“People usually accompany my name with a sigh but I prefer it when they don’t,” Willow replied with perky sarcasm.

Giles sighed. Willow nodded and smiled flatly.

“That’s the one.”

His lips tightened and as he walked away, he plucked his glasses from his face and used cloth from his breast pocket to clean them.

Willow was so busy watching him, she didn’t even notice when Tara slipped into the chair beside her.

“He’s going to clean those glasses into oblivion.”

Willow jumped slightly at the voice but smiled when she saw who it was.

“Remember when you thought English people were exotic?”

“Remember when you thought you were straight?” Tara countered with a saucily arched eyebrow.

Willow grinned and leaned her head on Tara’s shoulder as she stifled a yawn.

“I’m sleepy.”

“We can head to bed soon,” Tara said, reached over to stroke Willow’s hair.

Willow let out a little noise of appreciation for the action.

“Aren’t we supposed to be the ones out partying all night?”

“Why would we sleep when we can snuggle,” Tara whispered in Willow’s ear.

Willow had to resist the urge to go full-scale nuzzle.

“You make a very persuasive argument,” she murmured, not caring one bit that they had taken over the leader board in the get-a-roominess scale.

They whispered a conspiracy to sneak away with Willow heading upstairs first after informing her parents she wanted to study before bed.

Looking smug, they were also happy to have a reason to depart and Tara slipped out of her mother’s grip with complaints of cramps.

Kimberly offered to make her a hot water bottle but Tara assured her she was capable of it herself and quickly made her way inside.

Between a morning spent with Anya doing ‘best friend things’ — like going to see a movie about a monkey that played ice hockey and asking Tara’s opinion on the sturdiness of a vaulting horse in the local gym — and an evening with mostly her mom’s friends, Tara was pretty sleepy too.

Plus they'd be on the road early.

Yawning, she hoped Willow really did just want to snuggle.

In her bedroom, Willow was in her pajamas, making Tara smile.

“Scooby-Doo tonight?”

“Scooby-Dooby-Doo,” Willow confirmed of her dog-printed PJs.

Tara changed into a lacy cami and some light linen pajama bottoms.

“I’m going to go brush my teeth.”

Willow felt Tara’s lips on the back of her neck; just barely brushing but still making the little hairs there stand up.

“Keep the bed warm,” Tara crooned softly in Willow’s ear, leaving Willow trying to contain a shiver as Tara left to brush her teeth.

Willow’s head turned to watch her leave with a small grin and continued to linger even after Tara had disappeared. As such, she happened to spot when someone came up the stairs. She lifted her hand to wave.

“Amy. Hi.”

Amy loitered at the door and so Willow invited her in with a hand gesture. Willow sat on the bed and indicated for Amy to sit beside her.

“Just waiting on the bathroom,” Amy said, her shoulders rotating awkwardly, “Do you feel comfortable staying here? I don’t think I would.”

“I’ve been staying over here since I was four,” Willow answered with ease.

Amy nodded once.

“Right.”

Her fingertips curled under the bed and tapped against the wooden frame.

“So what’s sex with girls like?”

Willow wasn’t even fazed.

“Again, girl,” she emphasized, then pursed her lips for a moment as she thought how to answer, but found herself unable to stop from gushing, “And amazing, actually. Life-changing. Literally.”

Her eyes suddenly grew wide and desperate.

“Never, ever tell me what it's like with Donny!”

Amy quickly shook her head, seemingly not taking any offense, though actually, it was because she had nothing to tell.

She looked down at her lap and back up at Willow.

“He says his sister is…”

Willow tensed as Amy finished.

“An angel.”

Willow’s eyes narrowed.

“That he could never have started to forgive himself without her forgiveness first,” Amy continued.

Willow’s lips smacked together silently.

“Donny…” she paused, trying to sound reasoned and not lead with the anger she still felt, “Terrorized us. As kids. Tara especially.”

Amy nodded softly.

“He was just a kid too.”

“I know that,” Willow snapped a little too quickly then looked down, “But it doesn't all just go away.”

Amy’s eyebrow arched.

“You've never hurt someone and had them forgive you?”

Willow felt something like a punch to the stomach with blades on the knuckles.

“I sincerely hope he's changed,” she said eventually, and meant it.

“I guess you can't just twitch your nose and have your whole past be erased,” Amy mused, then perked up a little as she smiled at Willow “Remember watching Bewitched and wishing we could just twitch our noses and fix all our problems. I'd get my mom to get off my back and you'd get…”

She paused, glancing furtively at Willow.

“…Xander to ask you out…”

Willow cringed and Amy couldn’t help but look curiously.

“Did anything ever…?”

Willow immediately began waving her hands.

“No, no, no. No way. There was never anything truly there. I just used him to safely vent my feelings for Tara.”

Amy’s eyebrows rose in surprise.

“Even back then?”

“Always,” Willow answered softly.

Amy felt the intensity of the word linger in the air. She looked away and back at Willow.

“Donny is a good guy. I know his behavior wasn’t always right…I don’t know what you went through. But he’s helped me so much. You can’t even imagine…”

Willow’s brow furrowed slightly in confusion.

Amy sighed softly, then grabbed a cushion and hugged it to her chest. She looked at Willow and swallowed softly.

“Getting out of rehab, I had guys after me. He paid them off, got them off my back.”

Willow’s brow just crinkled further.

“Dangerous guys?” she asked, feeling stupid even as the words came out of her mouth.

Amy nodded. Her nails dug into the cushion but she was very open in her explanation.

“When I was at the height of my addiction, I would have done anything for a fix or the cash to get one. And eventually, I turned to the worst thing you can possibly do in that world.”

“Prostitution?” Willow asked with a caught breath.

Amy looked at Willow with a mix of pity and envy for her naivety.

“Informant,” she said, then continued when Willow didn’t seem to catch on, “I was a rat. Some dealers had suspicions and well…the fear was enough to get clean. But getting clean doesn't wipe the slate.”

There was a lot more story but Willow recognized enough had been said for now.

“But you’re out of all that now?”

Amy nodded slowly.

“Thanks to rehab and AA…and Donny.”

“And you,” Willow added quickly. “Your strength to get out. That’s the biggest thing of all.”

Amy looked at Willow for a long moment then leaned over to hug her to hide a tear coming to her eye.

It was at this moment Tara returned. She stepped back when she saw them.

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

Amy was quick to stand up, placing the cushion back in its place.

“I’m taking up your bed,” she said matter-of-fact and nodded once, smiling at Willow, “And you’re only into girl.”

Tara was startled, unsure what was being said.

“W-what?”

Amy just raised her fingers in a wave and left the room, pulling the door closed behind her. Tara looked at it for a long moment before looking back to Willow, who held out her arms.

“Come snuggle.”

Tara stepped toward the bed and crawled in.

“Well, that is something I won’t ever have to question.”

She fell in beside Willow and pressed their lips together.

“Minty fresh,” Willow commented when they parted.

“And plenty warm,” Tara said of the sheets as they settled the blanket over them, “You two have a good chat?”

“Surprisingly in-depth for a two-minute brush cycle,” Willow nodded easily.

Tara rested her head on the pillow next to Willow. She started playing with the ends of Willow’s hair.

“She seems like a nice girl. It’s cool that you were friends before. And…Donny seems happy.”

Willow exhaled a soft breath.

“Never actually seen that on him before.”

Tara put two fingers on Willow’s cheek and turned her in so their eyes met.

“You see it on me,” she said softly, “Every time I look at you.”

Willow heard music that wasn’t there.

“I love you,” was all she could manage, and all she needed to say.

“I love you, Willow,” Tara returned softly and they shared a soft kiss.

When they parted, Tara reached across to turn off the light and settled her arm back over Willow again.

Willow pressed a quick kiss on Tara’s neck and giggled afterward, sending a spark of joy through Tara.

Together they slept drenched with happiness.

Being drenched elsewhere would be dealt with in the morning.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Oct 12th 20
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 am 

I loved the canon eastereggs, especially the "giant milkshake - eat something green" conversation between Tara and Dawn. And that part was hilarious:
Quote:
She paused and cocked her head thoughtfully.

“What do you do together? My Mom will never tell me.”

Tara quickly pushed the chair back and stood.

“I think I better get you home.”

:laugh

Quote:
By the time they pulled up outside the Summers house, a hot pink Vespa was zipping into the driveway. Dawn hopped out and ran over to admire it as Buffy stumbled off from the back.

“I see you took my place,” Tara said to her with a good-natured smile.

Buffy popped her helmet off with a distasteful look on her face.

“My hands were much closer to Willow than I ever wanted them to be.”

“I didn’t want your weird hyper-strong hands on me either,” Willow retorted with her chin tilted up indignantly.

Poor Willow and Buffy, having to "feel each other up"! :lol

Quote:
Nearly at the door, Tara turned to Buffy.

“C-Can I ask you something as an outsider?”

Buffy looked at Tara tenderly; a surprising look that made Tara’s heart clench.

“I don’t think you’re an outsider. You’re Willow’s girlfriend and your Mom is here every other day. You’re…you’re family.”

Tara stopped and turned to Buffy fully. She put both hands on Buffy’s shoulders.

“Is every other day enough?” she asked, then quickly clarified when Buffy seemed confused, “Do you need more help? I can’t even imagine running school and home and—”

“I quit school,” Buffy interjected quickly, quietly, “So everything is good.”

Tara’s eyes widened. Buffy gave one definitive nod.

“I’d appreciate it if you kept that to yourself. My mom doesn’t need the stress right now.”

Tara’s eyes blinked rapidly before she finally closed them fully. After a moment, she opened them and nodded. Buffy deflated with relief, perhaps of having told her secret.

“Thanks, Tara. And thank you for taking Dawn for the day. It’s nice to have another friend to lean on.”

“I am,” Tara replied, keeping Buffy’s gaze locked, “A friend. You can count on me.”

For the second time in a long time, Buffy smiled.

Awww to the family easteregg and for Buffy and Tara being good friends. :flower
But I see some potential relationship trouble between Tara and Willow on the horizon when Willow learns in the future that Tara knew about Buffy quitting university and kept that knowledge from her.
Quote:
“Thanks, Giles,” she said as she took it from his offering hand.

Giles cleared his throat.

“People usually accompany my name with a ‘Mr.’”

“People usually accompany my name with a sigh but I prefer it when they don’t,” Willow replied with perky sarcasm.

Giles sighed. Willow nodded and smiled flatly.

“That’s the one.”

His lips tightened and as he walked away, he plucked his glasses from his face and used cloth from his breast pocket to clean them.

Pretty cheeky of Willow. It feels a bit weird for me to see Willow and Giles interacting in this distant, almost unfriendly way considering the close father-daugter-like bond they had in canon.

Quote:
“He’s going to clean those glasses into oblivion.”

Willow jumped slightly at the voice but smiled when she saw who it was.

“Remember when you thought you were straight?” Tara countered with a saucily arched eyebrow.

Sassy Tara! :laugh
(Slight criticism: it sounds as if Willow didn't recognise Tara from her voice alone but had to see her to identify her, which would be weird.)

Quote:
Her fingertips curled under the bed and tapped against the wooden frame.

“So what’s sex with girls like?”

Willow wasn’t even phased.

“Again, girl,” she emphasized, then pursed her lips for a moment as she thought how to answer, but found herself unable to stop from gushing, “And amazing, actually. Life-changing. Literally.”

Awww to Willow's answer! :flower Amy asking the question surprised me though, I'm not sure if I should admire her bravery or be shocked by her lack of tact...

Quote:
“Donny…” she paused, trying to sound reasoned and not lead with the anger she still felt, “Terrorized us. As kids. Tara especially.”

Amy nodded softly.

“He was just a kid too.”

“I know that,” Willow snapped a little too quickly then looked down, “But it doesn't all just go away.”

I can understand that Amy wants to think the best of Donny, but he continued bullying Tara and Willow as a teenager and a young adult, too.

Quote:
Amy’s eyebrow arched.

“You've never hurt someone and had them forgive you?”

Willow felt something like a punch to the stomach with blades on the knuckles.

Obviously Willow thinks of the ways she hurt Tara before her coming out, but I think that can hardly be compared to Donny's life as a bully for mor than a decade.
Plus I think she could easier forgive Donny for how he treated her than for hurting Tara.

Quote:
“When I was at the height of my addiction, I would have done anything for a fix or the cash to get one. And eventually, I turned to the worst thing you can possibly do in that world.”

“Prostitution?” Willow asked with a caught breath.

Amy looked at Willow with a mix of pity and envy for her naivety.

“Informant,” she said, then continued when Willow didn’t seem to catch on, “I was a rat. Some dealers had suspicions and well…the fear was enough to get clean. But getting clean doesn't wipe the slate.”

Great nod to canon, transferring Amy's transformation into a rat into your non-fantasy story.

Quote:
“But you’re out of all that now?”

Amy nodded slowly.

“Thanks to rehab and AA…and Donny.”

“And you,” Willow added quickly. “Your strength to get out. That’s the biggest thing of all.”

Amy looked at Willow for a long moment then leaned over to hug her to hide a tear coming to her eye.

Awww! :flower I'm glad that those two are rekindling their friendship, Amy can only benefit from having a good friend (not only a boyfriend).

Quote:
Tara rested her head on the pillow next to Willow. She started playing with the ends of Willow’s hair.

“She seems like a nice girl. It’s cool that you were friends before. And…Donny seems happy.”

Willow exhaled a soft breath.

“Never actually seen that on him before.”

Tara put two fingers on Willow’s cheek and turned her in so their eyes met.

“You see it on me,” she said softly, “Every time I look at you.”

Willow heard music that wasn’t there.

“I love you,” was all she could manage, and all she needed to say.

“I love you, Willow,” Tara returned softly and they shared a soft kiss.

When they parted, Tara reached across to turn off the light and settled her arm back over Willow again.

Willow pressed a quick kiss on Tara’s neck and giggled afterward, sending a spark of joy through Tara.

Together they slept drenched with happiness.

Awww²! :bigkiss :flower There can never be too much love and happiness between those two!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:28 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I feel for Buffy, I am glad that she had both Willow and Tara to lean on, and, of course, Dawn adores Tara

I also really love the friendship between Joyce and Kimberly- sort of brings the whole group full circle, plus, you know, good supportive people

You are using Amy in such a clever way! I completely understand Willow's reluctance though- Donnie is doing better, but it's a lot to get past

Quote:

:laugh :laugh :laugh - love saucy Tara!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:

Quote:
I loved the canon eastereggs, especially the "giant milkshake - eat something green" conversation between Tara and Dawn. And that part was hilarious:

I loved that scene and that we got to see the Tara/Dawn relationship for the parenting one it was.

Quote:
Poor Willow and Buffy, having to "feel each other up"! :lol

:lol Willow will take Tara any day.

Quote:
Awww to the family easteregg and for Buffy and Tara being good friends. :flower

I really do love the Buffy/Tara friendship so I'm excited to get to start to explore it.

Quote:
But I see some potential relationship trouble between Tara and Willow on the horizon when Willow learns in the future that Tara knew about Buffy quitting university and kept that knowledge from her.

Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Pretty cheeky of Willow. It feels a bit weird for me to see Willow and Giles interacting in this distant, almost unfriendly way considering the close father-daugter-like bond they had in canon.

It's funny you see it as distant and unfriendly as I saw it as the exact opposite. Giles was being stuffy and Willow was being self-deprecating. Pretty close to their canon selves for me.

Quote:
Sassy Tara! :laugh

The best Tara!

Quote:
(Slight criticism: it sounds as if Willow didn't recognise Tara from her voice alone but had to see her to identify her, which would be weird.)

Not necessarily didn't recognize her from her voice but was startled by any voice at all coming up at her unexpectedly. If her eyes had remained closed she obviously would have recognized Tara's voice but her eyes got there first.

Quote:
Awww to Willow's answer! :flower Amy asking the question surprised me though, I'm not sure if I should admire her bravery or be shocked by her lack of tact...

I found S6 Amy (of which this Amy is comparable) to be pretty lacking in tact.

Quote:
I can understand that Amy wants to think the best of Donny, but he continued bullying Tara and Willow as a teenager and a young adult, too.

He did and it definitely doesn't disappear overnight.

Quote:
Obviously Willow thinks of the ways she hurt Tara before her coming out, but I think that can hardly be compared to Donny's life as a bully for mor than a decade.
Plus I think she could easier forgive Donny for how he treated her than for hurting Tara.

It's all wrapped up in each other and whether it's objectively comparable or not, she recognizes that it was Tara forgiving her that allowed her to move forward and can recognize being told Donny felt the same.

Quote:
Great nod to canon, transferring Amy's transformation into a rat into your non-fantasy story.

Thanks!

Quote:
Awww! :flower I'm glad that those two are rekindling their friendship, Amy can only benefit from having a good friend (not only a boyfriend).

I agree, it helps heal everybody's relationships.

Quote:
Awww²! :bigkiss :flower There can never be too much love and happiness between those two!

Hence why this board exists!

shirrey

Quote:
I feel for Buffy, I am glad that she had both Willow and Tara to lean on, and, of course, Dawn adores Tara

I also really love the friendship between Joyce and Kimberly- sort of brings the whole group full circle, plus, you know, good supportive people

Yes, I am very into the Summers/Maclay cross-generational friendships!

Quote:
You are using Amy in such a clever way! I completely understand Willow's reluctance though- Donnie is doing better, but it's a lot to get past

Thanks! And it is a lot - a whole helluva lot. The only true way Donny can redeem himself though is to continue to live a good life - and I hope Willow will be able to see that eventually.

Quote:
:laugh :laugh :laugh - love saucy Tara!

Oh, me too...me too :D

Update On Next Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next