The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - April 17th 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53

Getting Their Groove Back

And I'm Only Me
Who I Wanna Be
Well, I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Willow looked sadly at Tara’s lingering empty schedule on her laptop screen.

So many offers in blue; so many marked in red she’d had to reject for being too far out of town or incompatible with their new schedule.

She hadn’t told Tara about it all yet as she was hoping it wouldn’t come to trailing the local Bar Mitzvah scene but it was becoming a needs-must situation very quickly.

She dropped her laptop screen, not wanting to think about it anymore.

Sitting off to her side at the table, Sally was furiously scribbling in a notepad.

“What are you working on so intensely?” she asked, glancing Sally up and down, “I'm guessing it's not a summer book report?”

“My D&D character,” Sally answered, to Willow’s surprise, “She comes from the Kingdom of Salaporis and she can swim into the deep, deep ocean and bring back fish to feed her whole village.”

Willow smiled softly.

“That sounds really cool, kiddo.”

Sally looked up and grinned maniacally.

“She can also kill people with her eyes.”

Willow gulped.

“Well that’s, um…handy,” she said, forcing a smile on her face this time, “You’ll um, need to look into spells for eye beams and such. Remember though, we don’t just kill at random.”

Tara chose to walk in the door during the final sentence and stared at them both as she popped the key out of the door.

“D&D,” Willow explained in a rush as she stood up and came around to greet her girl.

Tara looked relieved as she closed the door. Willow took Tara’s purse from her and kissed her cheek.

“How was work? Hope it was better than yesterday with the rowdy group.”

She hated that Tara was hosting at Deli's again when Willow was the one to convince her to stop in the first place. She knew it must have been difficult to go and ask for her old job back but they needed a steady income coming in for their fostering case and for the judge to see.

“It was fine,” Tara replied with a tired smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

Willow put Tara’s purse down on the table and closed her arms around her.

Tara gently sank into Willow’s embrace and rubbed the back of her fuzzy sweater.

Willow bumped Tara’s nose with hers and pressed their lips together, soft but lingering.

“Can you two be gross somewhere else?” Sally intoned without looking up.

Tara sighed but Willow just smiled and tugged on Tara’s hand.

“Yes we can,” she grinned, indicating to Tara with a nod of her head, “I want to show you something.”

Tara glanced at Sally for a moment but followed Willow when she saw her deeply ensconced in her notebook.

It was the only thing she’d seen her sister get so observed in that wasn’t a screen.

As she looked back toward Willow, she realized she was being brought toward their closed bedroom door.

Willow’s hand closed over the handle and she pushed the door in.

Tara blinked several times in surprise as she followed Willow inside.

All the furniture had been rearranged.

“Don’t kill me for redecorating without your approval,” Willow clasped her hands in a prayer pose, “Close the door for a sec?”

Without looking back, Tara reached back to push the door closed. She stared at the most prominently rearranged piece of furniture: the bed. It sat with the headboard against the opposite wall to where it had been, under a window instead of in its direct light.

She folded her arms gently over her chest; wondering why Willow would make this drastic change without talking to her. It was nice to wake up to the sun warm on their faces. Tara knew Willow knew she liked that.

“I know,” Willow read the look and held her hands up, “But I was thinking of what you said last night about worrying Sally will, uh, you know…hear us? So I thought I’d move the bed over here and…”

She went to the headboard and softly banged it, which made no sound.

“Add added some little rubber pads to muffle anything.”

Willow suddenly rushed past Tara in a blur, stopping with her back up against the closed door, where she put a finger up to point out a newly installed bolt lock.

“Plus, for some extra security,” she looked somewhere between hopeful and terrified, “Do you hate me? Did I mess up?”

Tara’s eyes roamed around the room, taking in the relatively minor but very thoughtful changes.

She settled her eyes back on Willow, glassy with love.

“It’s never looked more perfect.”

Willow visibly exhaled in relief.

“Really? I just…I want you to know you’re safe in here. Safe with me. And I’ll do whatever it takes to make this work. And I hope you don't think I'm being all, you know, pressure-y. That wasn't what it was ab—”

She was quietened by Tara's lips.

“I know,” Tara said quietly.

She placed her hands on Willow's hips and tugged them together gently.

“I love you so much,” she whispered, choked up.

“I love you too, baby,” Willow replied, kissing Tara’s ear.

Tara did the same on Willow’s neck before resting her chin over Willow’s shoulder. She smiled and reached out to push the little bolt open and closed. She felt a little anticipatory shiver go through her as she imagined Willow flicking that lock closed like she had moments before and sauntering over to her in the bed.

“Who got this done so quickly?”

Willow pulled back, looking mock-affronted.

“Me!”

Tara arched an eyebrow.

“Where did you get a drill?”

“Every lesbian needs a power tool,” Willow puffed her chest out but it dropped back down quickly, “Made Cris come over with one. Baby, I don’t know what you did to him but he’s terrified of you. Didn’t even blink at the fact we had a kid living with us now.”

“Willow, I already told him,” Tara laughed that Willow would think anything otherwise, “Everything had to be legit for social services.”

“Right,” Willow nodded once, quickly, “But he still brought a drill over quick smart.”

Tara poked Willow’s hips and slid her fingers over them, splayed out. She wiggled her hips and had her hands move Willow’s hips in a similar, slow way.

“Must be your wily ways.”

Willow blushed at the way their lower stomachs brushed against each other.

“Well, Cris was no help. He almost put a hole through Miss Kitty!” she exclaimed and from the bed, Miss Kitty echoed a loud ‘miaow’ of agreement, “Had to put my best butch skills to use.”

Tara arched her eyebrow saucily and Willow blushed again. She looked down and up again at Tara.

“I’m so glad you don’t mind the changes.”

“I only mind that I didn’t get to see you put this in,” Tara smiled crookedly as she pushed the lock open again, but her smile faltered, “I’m sorry I haven’t been…you know…”

Willow’s shoulders tightened for a moment.

“Please don’t say words beginning with ‘p’ and ‘o’,” she said softly, meeting Tara’s gaze, “Don’t degrade us.”

Tara’s eyes crinkled with regret and Willow kissed the corner of each.

“I got you. Always.”

“I know,” Tara replied in an echoing voice, “And I, you. Forever. For anything.”

“I know,” Willow said in the same tone and smiled.

They met for a soft, sweet kiss and joined hands to walk back out into the living area.

Sally was lying on the floor with an old paper towel tube up to one eye with the other closed.

“Sally, why are you on the floor?” Tara asked with a frown.

“Working out the angles of my eye lasers,” Sally answered nonchalantly.

Willow’s eyes lit up and she immediately joined Sally on the floor.

“D&D geometry! Hey, Tara, I bet you could make up a new homework song for that!”

Tara just smiled and sat on the couch to watch Sally resist Willow’s encumbering chatter about math.

Sometimes this was all so, so hard, but then some moments showed her how right a decision they’d made.

And she knew that it had been them that made it — that Willow didn’t just support it, she was in it.

This.

Whatever it entailed.

Togetherness forever.

Tara checked her appearance in the bathroom mirror as she closed the tie of her robe over her waist.

She fluffed the hair around her ears, curling some behind one as she smoothed out the silk robe she’d bought in Japan. It was so short that she'd never wear it in front of anyone but Willow, but Willow was the exact audience she had in mind for tonight.

With one last, quick 360-degree look, she turned and walked across the hall to the bedroom. She backed up against the door to close it and flicked the new lock closed.

“So, um, thanks for taking Sally to therapy today.”

“No worries,” Willow replied from bed without looking up from her iPad, “Dr. Carter said she only scowled half the time today. I don’t know about you, but I call that progress.”

Tara hovered for a moment, waiting for Willow to look up, but she didn’t. Tara reached up and pushed the light switch down so only the soft light from the nightstand lamp lit the room.

Willow glanced up automatically at the change in lighting and Tara quickly pulled the tie on her robe and let it fall to pool around her feet, revealing a sheer, see-through chemise with white, lace panties underneath.

Willow’s iPad fell out of her hand and only autopilot made her put it safely on the nightstand, without tearing her eyes away from Tara once.

“That’s new,” she squeaked out, just about managing to lift her gaze to Tara’s eyes, “Is this what your ‘very important errand’ consisted of when you asked me to take the kiddo to her appointment?”

Tara’s lips sloped up on one side.

“Guilty.”

Willow’s eyes roamed to where Tara’s nipples pushed against the translucent material, just about revealing themselves under it.

“I was thinking ‘naughty’.”

Tara came over to the bed and knee-walked over to sit in Willow’s lap.

“I can be naughty.”

Willows hands cupped the back of Tara’s thighs.

“And I can help you be naughty.”

Tara smiled as she leaned down to meet Willow’s lips from a tilted chin. Willow moaned softly and Tara sighed into the kiss; feeling safe and content that no one could infiltrate their bubble but them.

Willow’s hands rubbed Tara’s thighs and up to her lace-covered rear. She hooked her fingertips underneath the waistband of the underwear and enjoyed feeling the textured lace and soft skin all at once.

“I feel under-dressed,” she murmured to Tara as she enjoyed the thin chemise pushing Tara’s breasts into her chest.

“Funny,” Tara grinned back, “I was just thinking you were over-dressed.”

She reached down and pulled Willow’s tank top over her head. Willow lifted her arms to help. When they dropped again, she let her hands settle over Tara’s barely covered breasts.

“Do you like how it feels?” Tara asked breathlessly.

Willow looked up with keen, wide eyes and nodded. She continued to palm Tara’s breasts as she turned her head in to kiss Tara’s neck. Tara tilted her neck so her skin strained and every nip of Willow’s teeth would be all the more delectable.

“Do you like how it feels?” Willow shot back with a quiet giggle; as if Tara’s soft moans weren’t giving it away.

Tara’s hand came up and slid through the back of Willow’s head; splaying out in her hair to grip and hold her in place. She spread her legs and angled herself downward so she could rub the front of her wet panties on Willow’s leg.

“What do you think?”

Willow’s kisses grew sloppier as her lips headed for Tara’s mouth.

“I’m afraid my thoughts have been rendered incompatible with coherence.”

She grabbed Tara by the hips and fell back so her head hit the pillows, pulling Tara down with her. Tara laid her body down on Willow, who quickly felt the scratching of her pajama bottoms as if they were made of fire ants.

Tara sensed and indeed, knew well, the ants-in-your-pants wiggle and was quick to help Willow rid herself of them. Willow immediately pulled Tara as close as possible, moaning at the feel of the soft chemise against her hot, bare skin.

Her lips parted and Tara took it as an offering and request that she quickly complied with. The kiss was immediately fiery with their whole bodies thrusting up and into it.

As much as Willow loved Tara’s lingerie, the tangle of their bare legs and the occasional brush of stomachs when the fabric rose was driving her crazy. It was so soft and delicate that she took care to pull it over Tara’s head instead of what she wanted to do: tear it off.

Tara, apparently on the same wavelength, got rid of her own panties and all Willow could do was let out a staggered whimper when Tara sat back in a straddle and spread her legs.

Willow traced a finger around the apex of Tara’s thighs and drew it up through Tara until it glistened. She lifted it to her face and popped it into her mouth, making an audible sound.

Tara’s chest heaved and a flush rose on it.

“Willow, I need you to—”

Her head suddenly fell back as Willow anticipated what Tara was going to say and plunged that finger inside. Tara’s hips bounced up and down rhythmically as she tried to take in as much as she could. Willow slid her finger out and back in with two and those bounces turned to quick, aimless jerks.

“Oh god,” Tara moaned, spreading her legs farther, making her cheeks clench.

Willow splayed her second hand on Tara’s inner thigh; touching where her arousal was spilling out. Her fingers moved in concentric circles like she was drawing on the condensation on a window. She felt each twitch as it came from inside Tara and quivered down her muscles with a fresh burst of warm liquid.

Feeling her own insides tighten, Willow quickly curled her fingers and scooped until it ran past her knuckles. Tara let out a long cry and thrust her hips down toward Willow’s hips; leaning her body forward until one hand clutched the sheet above Willow’s shoulder and the other greedily palmed Willow’s breast.

Willow spread her legs so Tara could settle on top of her more easily and immediately felt the warm grind of their pubic bones against each other. As Tara’s lips sought hers, Willow’s other hand slipped around to cup Tara’s rear and pull her in for the tightest of delicious friction.

“Oh, Willow,” Tara groaned into Willow’s neck when she couldn’t even keep up the kiss any longer from the myriad of moans leaving her mouth.

“Yeah baby, you like that?” Willow bit the corner of her lip as she watched Tara’s face and every little movement she was invoking.

“Oh yes,” Tara panted, her jaw quivering as her hips moved impossibly faster, “Oh, Willow…Oh!”

Her hand clutched the sheet so hard that her knuckles turned white. Her body started to slide against Willow’s and she began to move onto her back.

“Can you be on top?” she asked breathlessly.

“Definitely,” Willow agreed and used her currently superior strength to roll Tara the rest of the way over.

Slipping out for only a moment, Willow pulled Tara’s legs over her hips and entered her again; feeling Tara’s stomach muscles tense as she did so.

She placed her palm flat there and rubbed it in circles as her fingers curled inside. Tara’s head was thrown back on the pillow as she bit her lip to stop any sound that might permeate the walls.

Willow felt Tara get molten inside and watched as Tara’s teeth released her bottom lip as her face contorted with pleasure.

Willow’s eyes quickly shifted between Tara’s face and where her hand was buried, just slowly moving in and out to draw every bit out. She looked back and forth, unsure which was more alluring.

It became moot when the natural contractions inside Tara were replaced with Tara purposefully squeezing her and Willow had to shut her eyes tight just to contain the gut-rolling sensations it evoked.

When she opened her eyes again she saw Tara was doing the watching this time and smirked sideways when she squeezed again and Willow physically jolted in response.

She hooked her finger and motioned Willow down, who felt like she floated down as if by magic but really she just lunged with a bounce on the mattress. Tara turned herself on her side; pausing like that for a moment as her legs found themselves again. She kissed the hollow of Willow’s throat while rolling a single finger over Willow’s rock-hard nipple.

Catching Willow’s gaze, she lifted that finger to her mouth and licked it from the first knuckle up before resuming the back-and-forth motion on Willow's chest.

Willow’s legs visibly squeezed together and Tara reached down to pat Willow’s thighs, making them open again.

Tara’s eyes glistened as brightly as the arousal spilling out of Willow. Her legs made themselves readily known and she rolled on top of Willow. Holding Willow’s breathless stare for one very long moment, her lips began to descend Willow’s body.

She could smell Willow’s desire before she even reached Willow’s belly button. She let her teeth nip right below and kissed where downy hair started.

She heard Willow swear under her breath and it sent a shiver of desire through her spine. She placed her hand on Willow’s knee and guided it up before letting those same fingers brush over Willow’s lips to open her.

Willow was scooting back very gently on the bed, just trying to get any sort of friction going, and Tara watched in a kind of hypnotic trance for several seconds before sensation overload became too much and her tongue dipped in.

A moan wracked through Willow’s whole body but managed to only come out loud enough that Tara could hear. She desperately wanted to reach down and hold Tara’s head to her and rub frantically. It would only take about ten seconds, she was sure of it, but she couldn’t bear that it would be over.

She blushed as she felt Tara’s tongue lap her up and realized how wet she was. She put her hand that had been in Tara in front of her face and while it had dried in, the scent lingered. Her hips pushed up and Tara responded in kind, offering more tongue around Willow’s clit.

Willow’s eyes rolled into the back of her head and unbeknownst to her, Tara watched.

She watched as Willow’s breasts strained through an arched back and looked at how Willow’s swallow visibly protruded in her throat. She took in the sight of Willow’s face showing every twitch of enjoyment. All the while feeling the errant slide of Willow’s thighs as she struggled to control them and the warm liquid that gushed as quickly as it was swallowed. The tender reveal of Willow’s clit as it throbbed for her and her touch. How all of Willow's body yearned for her.

This position was the best in the world and Tara never took a single second for granted.

She wrapped her lips around Willow’s clit and rolled her tongue over it before gently sucking. She built this up until Willow was bucking right into her mouth and that previously-reticent hand was twined so hard in her hair that Tara had very little range of motion.

She didn’t need it though as her mouth was doing all Willow needed to come completely undone. She kept her tongue tight to Willow until she felt her girlfriend’s pulse on it and then moved her mouth down to wriggle into Willow’s opening.

Willow moaned again and added her second hand to Tara’s head; shamelessly rubbing herself now as sweat dripped down her brow.

“Oh baby,” Willow panted with satiated relief, “Oh my god…”

She lifted her hands to rub her face but Tara waited until Willow’s body had gone completely limp before lifting her head. She used one finger to trace the area around her mouth and as she moved up on the bed, she teased that finger into Willow’s mouth.

Willow sucked on it without even opening her eyes and didn’t stop until Tara replaced the finger with her lips.

Willow moaned softly into Tara’s mouth until they parted and she let out a long, satisfied sigh.

“That was so good,” she whispered as Tara curled around her side.

“We weren’t loud,” Tara commented back as she rested her head above Willow’s breast.

“See?” Willow said, still slightly breathless, “It was kinda sexy. All quiet-like. Nothing else in the world but listening to you getting f—”

Tara put a finger against Willow’s lips and leaned up to kiss her ear.

“There’s nothing you can say that wouldn’t sound sexy whispered.”

Willow raised an eyebrow and leaned in conspiringly.

“Bubbles,” she whispered in a dramatic, evocative manner.

Tara pursed her lips to stop from laughing.

“Hogwash,” Willow spoke again, the grin tugging on her lips, “Squeegee.”

“Bumpkin,” Tara countered, smirking.

“Bumfuzzle!” Willow said and had to clap a hand over her mouth as laughter threatened to take over.

“Ssh, ssh,” Tara guided with a grin as she brought the blanket up over them to help muffle their dying cackles, “You win.”

Willow turned to Tara and smiled at her adoringly.

“I did.”

She reached up and cupped Tara’s cheek.

“I win every single day,” she whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Tara whispered back and they met for a soft, chaste but tender kiss.

They settled back into the position they were in before with Tara’s head snuggled into the crook of Willow’s neck.

“‘Night, baby,” Willow said through a yawn.

Tara pressed her nose under Willow’s ear and closed her eyes.

“Goodnight, love. Thank you.”

“For the orgasm?” Willow asked in a sleepy voice.

Tara tightened her arm around Willow’s waist.

“For being you.”

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - April 24th 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

dibs!

i just caught up, finally... i don't have a lot to say, except WOW! i hope you're doing ok and i hope the lovely willow/taras are helping and not hurting. thank you for an amazing story as always, excited to keep reading. take care of yourself!

"occasionally, i'm callous and strange."

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

teeth

Quote:
dibs!

Yay!

Quote:
i just caught up, finally... i don't have a lot to say, except WOW! i hope you're doing ok and i hope the lovely willow/taras are helping and not hurting. thank you for an amazing story as always, excited to keep reading. take care of yourself!

Thank you so much <3 They're definitely doing their job!!

Thanks so much for commenting!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Cubicle Monkeys

And I Know This Much Is True
I Have Lived Inside Of You
You Have Always Seen Me Through

Willow rubbed her nose on her pillow as sleep left her and she was roused into morning.

Sometime during the night, they’d moved about so Tara was spooning her and Willow smiled contentedly at the warmth curved around her back.

Tara’s skin was soft and enveloping and between them, encased by the light blanket, she could still smell their sweat and combined essence from the night before.

She loved waking up like this; with the memories still lingering in the air and pressed between their bodies. There had been many mornings where she’d laid like this for hours; sometimes with Tara waking up, sometimes not. She just loved basking in their togetherness.

Of course, now there was a reason to get up and Willow could hear that reason opening and closing the kitchen cabinets, probably spilling some cereal everywhere.

Willow closed her eyes and took ten last glorious seconds before wriggling out of Tara’s embrace with as little movement as possible to avoid waking her. She settled the blanket back around her girlfriend and gave her a light kiss on the forehead before finding her abandoned PJs from the night before and pulling them on again.

She flicked the lock on the back of the door and smiled at her handiwork before closing it again with a soft click.

“Morning kiddo,” Willow greeted brightly as she saw Sally sitting on the couch watching cartoons and eating just a cup of applesauce.

Sally side-eyed Willow.

“Why are you in such a good mood?”

Willow blushed and walked over to the kitchen to hide it.

“It’s a beautiful morning,” she said and flicked the switch on the coffee pot, “You want breakfast? I’ll cook when Tara gets up but I can do some cereal or toast or something.”

“When’s Tara getting up?” Sally asked inquisitively.

“I’m not sure, she had a late night at the club,” Willow mildly lied to give Tara a rare opportunity of an actual sleep-in and not just the desperate catch-up of lost sleep she'd been doing in clutches lately.

Sally looked up eagerly.

“Can I go to the club sometime?”

“Sure,” Willow grinned over as she reached in to get a mug, “In ten years.”

Sally scowled and crossed her arms over her chest as she laid back into the couch cushions.

Willow made herself a mocha, and Sally a hot chocolate while she was at it, and did up some of her famous PB&J on toast which mildly alleviated Sally’s scowl.

Willow actually quite enjoyed the excuse to get to watch cartoons in the mornings. Screen time was a sore spot in getting Sally to settle into healthy habits but Willow knew from her own adolescence that some time in the mornings to watch some easy animation could be a very chilled-out way to start the day.

Some people had tea, others watched cartoons. Granted, most of those others were children but Willow figured she balanced it out with her coffee.

Her half-coffee, half-hot-chocolate.

She sat down beside Sally and felt a little pang between her legs.

She smirked.

Nothing childish about last night.

She put one leg over the other and sipped on her mocha, enjoying her smugness.

They cycled through a few cartoons and argued about their favorite Gem in Steven Universe before a knock came on the door. The mailman, Willow figured, hopefully with the new high-tech headphones she’d ordered for Tara so she could do some mixing at home instead of going to the rented studio every time.

Willow stood and ruffled Sally’s hair, who slapped her off with a scrunched-up face.

“Quit it!”

“Never,” Willow cackled manically and grinned over her shoulder at Sally as she approached the door.

“It’s my body!” Sally called back and as much as she tried to hide it, there was a smile in her voice.

Willow giggled as she opened the door to see a middle-aged woman with reddish-brown hair and glasses. She was holding some files in her hand.

At Willow’s confused look, the woman removed her glasses and looked over Willow into the apartment.

“Oh good morning, you must be Sally.”

Sally shot the woman a scowl and Willow put herself in front of the door again.

“Can I help you?”

The woman tried to stand taller.

“I'm Doris Kroger, from Social Services,” she said, showing Willow her ID badge, “We had an appointment.”

Something clicked in Willow’s brain.

“Oh, for Wednesday.”

Ms. Kroger nodded.

“This is Wednesday.”

Willow's eyes suddenly widened.

“Right! Well…” she turned and bore her eyes desperately into Sally, “Sally, you better…”

Sally looked back confused so Willow mouthed ‘get dressed’ as obtusely as she could while making little flicking motions toward the bedroom with her hands that wouldn’t give her away.

Sally rolled her eyes and stomped off to the bedroom.

Ms. Kroger pushed herself inside the door.

“Little bit on the tardy side, isn't she?”

“School hasn’t started yet,” Willow rattled off as she closed the door.

“The day has,” Ms. Kroger replied pointedly.

Willow gulped and tried to tie her robe tighter.

“Yeah, well, uh, it's been one of those mornings, you know,” she ran her hand back between her hair and tensed her jaw when Ms. Kroger wandered over to the living area, “Hey, come on in.”

Willow picked up the remote, turned off the TV, and fixed the cushions on the couch.

“Sorry about the mess, you know, doing a little house cleaning.”

Ms. Kroger turned back to Willow.

“Is Ms…” she consulted one of her papers, “Maclay present?”

“Oh, yes, of course,” Willow nodded quickly, “She’s, um, up bright and early! Getting a kick on the day! Let me just go get her from our, uh, home office.”

She almost tripped over herself in her desperation to get out of there and into the bedroom. She strode over to Tara in seconds and started violently shaking her.

“Baby, baby, baby! Wake up, wake up!”

Tara awoke with a gasp and wild eyes.

“What? What is it? What’s wrong?”

“The social worker is here!” Willow replied in a panic.

Tara blinked rapidly.

“That’s Wednesday.”

“It is Wednesday!” Willow replied, grimacing, “We got confused because Sally normally has therapy on Monday but it was delayed until yesterday because Dr. Carter was at a conference!”

Tara suddenly shot up in bed.

“Shit!”

“Get dressed!” Willow stage-whispered as she flew over to the closet to find clothes for herself.

She pulled on her respectful black slacks and a flannel that kind of matched the one Ms. Kroger was wearing under her old fuddy-duddy sweater. She ran a brush through her hair and ran back out to the living room, pulling the door closed behind her when she heard Tara swearing from stubbing her toe.

She spotted Ms. Kroger by the end table, picking up a mesh baggie of herbs with an arched eyebrow.

Willow felt like the room was spinning.

“You know, I know what that looks like, but I, I swear, it's not…what it looks like,” she started waving her hands in front of her, “It’s magic weed!”

Her eyes widened as she realized how that came out and she grabbed the little pouch.

“My mother in law and, and her boyfriend are Wiccans. She said it promotes… harmony… in the… household,” she trailed off and gulped as she wished the earth would open up and swallow her up, “It's not mine.”

She dropped the baggie on the coffee table and Ms. Kroger shook her head dramatically.

“I think I've seen enough.”

She turned to leave. Willow hurried after her.

“No, a-actually, I really don't think that you have. It's just… i-it's been kind of, kind of a, a bad time. Late nights and…”

Ms. Kroger turned to face Willow, face red.

“It's been a bad time now for a while, hasn't it, Ms. Rosenberg? Sally’s grades have fallen sharply in the last year, due in large part to her frequent absences and lateness.”

Willow’s mouth opened and closed; how could that be held against them, they didn’t even know Sally existed back then.

“But there-there are good reasons. Reasons we’re trying to fix. She hasn’t even started school yet, we need a chance to—”

“Oh, I'm sure there are,” Ms. Kroger replied haughtily, “But my interest is in Sally's welfare. And the stability of her home life, something I'm just not convinced that an… unemployed young woman like yourself or your…partner can provide.”

“I can. I, I do!” Willow replied desperately, “I’m not unemployed, Tara and I—”

Ms Kroger turned away.

“Well, we'll just have to see about that then, won't we?”

She went to the door but then stopped and turned back.

“Oh, and I'm, uh, going to recommend immediate probation in my report.”

Willow physically shrank back.

“What does that mean?”

Ms. Kroger looked as smug as Willow had not too long ago, but the satisfaction in her eyes wasn’t borne from anger and not affection.

“It means that I'll be monitoring you very closely, Ms. Rosenberg, and Ms. Maclay too. And if I don't see that things are improving, well, I'll be forced to recommend that you be stripped of your sister's guardianship.”

Willow felt like she’d been sucker punched.

“You can't do that. We just got her. We need a chance, the judge said we had 90 days!”

Ms. Kroger opened the door.

“I do what is in Sally's best interest… as should you. Have a nice day.”

Just as the door slammed closed, Tara came out of one bedroom while Sally came out of the other.

Tara looked all around before her eyes landed on Willow.

“Where is she?”

“She left,” Willow replied dumbly.

Tara’s eyes widened.

“What, why?”

Willow threw her hands up.

“It was like she was looking for any excuse to badmouth us!” she exclaimed, almost hysteric, “I don’t know if she doesn’t like how young we are or that we’re a couple…”

Tara frowned.

“You think she could be homophobic?”

“What does that mean?” Sally asked and in a not great turn of events, it was the first time either of them noticed she was there.

“It’s when someone doesn’t like people who are gay,” Tara explained gently.

Sally took a minute to process that before her fists balled by her sides angrily.

“Only I’m allowed to hate it when you kiss!”

Tara came over and stood between Willow and Sally, putting a hand on each of their shoulders.

“We don’t know that’s the case,” she reasoned softly, though her eyes were more fraught and Willow could tell, “But I do think we should go down to the social services office and clear this up. Apologize that we lost track of the days and try to schedule another visit.”

Willow nodded in agreement.

“Yeah. Uh, Sally, go get your shoes on please.”

Sally clomped away still annoyed and Willow pulled Tara off to one side.

“I didn’t want to say it in front of Sally, but she threatened to take Sally away from us. Said we were on probation.”

Tara frowned.

“But the judge said—”

“I know,” Willow cut Tara off with a pointed eyebrow arch, “That’s why I think she disapproved of us before she ever walked in the door.”

Tara swallowed softly.

“Okay. Well, we can’t let that happen.”

“No way,” Willow agreed and rested her forehead on Tara’s.

Tara held Willow’s face and leaned in to kiss her. After a minute, a smaller voice piped up.

“Okay, you can keep kissing. I’m giving you this one because that lady was a homophone.”

Both Willow and Tara jumped in surprise; again having not heard her sneak up.

“That’s when two things make the same sound,” Willow replied breathlessly.

Sally’s face scrunched.

“Gross, I don’t want to know what kind of sounds you make!”

Tara waved her hands in front of them.

“Let’s just go.”

She rallied the other two out to the car and Willow pulled up the map to the DCFS office they were dealing with.

About halfway there Willow wondered if they should have called first but they were already on their way.

The West L.A. office was not far from where they lived; with traffic, it probably would have been quicker to walk but eventually, they parked up.

“This place looks boring,” Sally said in a monotone as she looked out the window.

“Were you expecting a PlayPlace?” Willow asked sarcastically.

“You two, best behavior,” Tara said firmly as she checked her appearance in the rearview mirror.

Willow felt a pang of guilt that she was the one who had messed it all up this morning.

Tara knowingly reached out and placed a hand on Willow’s knee. Willow looked up and smiled softly.

“You better do the talking.”

Tara nodded softly.

“Sure.”

She kissed Willow’s cheek and squeezed her knee.

“Let’s go.”

As they approached the main entrance, Tara too had the thought that maybe they should have called. But if this social worker was as out to get them as Willow implied, they really had to nip this in the bud. There was too much at stake.

Then again, they probably wouldn’t appreciate one of their own being questioned.

Her hand shook as she reached for the door.

Willow covered it and pushed it open with her, offering a small smile.

Tara smiled back gratefully as they walked inside.

Willow pointed Sally over to sit in a waiting area while Tara approached the reception desk.

“Hi. Um, we don’t have an appointment but we think there may have been a misunderstanding with our home visit this morning. Could we speak with someone?”

The receptionist gave them a long and disdainful look.

“We’re not crazy, I swear,” Willow said in a panic, earning a sharp nudge from Tara.

The receptionist offered a fake smile.

“I’m guessing you don’t have an appointment.”

Sally’s eyes narrowed as she watched the interaction. Tara had literally just said they didn't have an appointment. These people were clearly stupid.

She didn’t like this one bit. She’d heard Willow say they might try to take her away and as much as she didn’t trust anybody and still gave Willow and Tara a lot of shit, it was a hell of a lot better than foster care. Those people never peppered their frustration with whatever it was Willow and Tara did. She didn't go for mushy words like love but she could see they loved each other and in very quiet moments she thought they might feel something like it for her too.

There were even times she allowed herself to think she had a real home.

Not that she would ever admit it, even to herself sometimes, but she knew she had no interest in packing all of her things up into a trash bag again.

Quietly she slipped out of her seat and under her small height to sneak past Willow, Tara, and the receptionist who was still arguing with them about not having an appointment. Sally went into the offices in the back and almost immediately spotted Ms. Kroger; recognizing the woman and the nameplate on the desk.

Using the cubicle walls to conceal herself, she approached. She found herself just small enough to slip behind a gap underneath the table where she could still reach the desk but was hidden behind an old-fashioned computer tower.

“Hello Ms. Kroger,” she whispered so quietly that she couldn’t even hear herself.

She watched as Ms. Kroger shuffled some paperwork and reached to take a sip of her coffee. Ms. Kroger picked up a pen and noted something but when she reached for her mug again, it was gone. She stared in confusion.

“What—where’s my…”

When she looked across her desk, the mug was returned.

Ms. Kroger laughed nervously and a co-worker from the opposite side glanced over unsurely.

“Losing my mind,” Ms. Kroger said jokingly.

She took another sip, longer this time, and went back to her papers. When she went for the next drink of her beverage, the mug was gone again. She huffed out a breath of annoyance.

“Okay, who’s the—”

She turned and found her mug sitting on top of her old computer monitor. She frowned and reached for it but it started to move back and forth on the monitor, propelled precariously by Sally’s pinky finger underneath, who couldn’t believe she was still getting away with this.

“Kill, kill, kill,” she said in a gruff voice, low enough to make sure it would only go over the cubicle wall.

Ms. Kroger started to look panicked.

“What?”

From the opposite side, the same co-worker looked over in confusion.

“I didn’t say anything.”

Ms. Kroger looked shocked.

“Not you! The mug, it’s—”

When she looked back at the monitor, it was gone. A quick glance to the side showed it to be back in its original spot. She swallowed deeply.

“But…I heard something.”

She poked the mug unsurely.

Crouched back at the side, Sally dropped her voice again.

“Kill, Doris. Kill everybody.”

Ms. Kroger stood up sharply.

“You know you want to…” Sally taunted, grinning.

Ms. Kroger stared at the mug.

“Shut up, shut up, just shut up!”

She paused as she realized she was shouting. Most of the office was staring at her.

Ms. Kroger looked both shocked, scared, and confused and quickly walked toward the break room for a new mug.

Sally waited a moment, then scurried out from her hiding spot between two cubicle walls and rolled into Ms. Kroger’s cubicle. Crouching on the floor so no one would see if they looked over, she moved the mouse around until she found a file with her name on it, already pulled up from earlier.

“Yahtzee!”

She’d heard Willow say it the other day and thought it sounded fun.

She started to move her hands furiously across the keyboard, then copied and pasted the same sentence over and over again.

‘All work and no play make Doris a dull girl'

Her Dad sucked but letting her watch The Shining at eight years old wasn’t the worst transgression, in hindsight. At least at this moment.

“Uh, Doris!”

Sally’s eyes widened and she did a forward roll to get out of the cubicle quickly. Feeling like Peggy Carter, she backed up against the wall and hurried on out of there right back to the seating area but Willow caught her sneaking back and pulled her aside.

“Hey, you can’t run off like that! Here of all places!” she whispered.

“Chill!” Sally replied, motioning with her hands, “I was helping!”

Willow frowned.

“What did you do?”

“I’m little,” Sally grinned and by god, if she didn’t look like Tara, “Sometimes that makes me invisible.”

Willow continued to frown but let Sally sit back down when suddenly a man came out of the offices, pale and stuttering.

“We would, ah, like to apologize for any unusual interaction you had with our social worker this morning. We’ll put a new person on the case and we’ll be redoing your interview as soon as possible. With due notice and reminders.”

The receptionist looked annoyed to be overruled but Tara was pleasantly surprised.

“Of course,” she nodded, “We’ll be available whenever you say.”

“Your patience is noted and appreciated,” the man replied, clearing his throat, “We’ll be in touch to get this all finalized for you posthaste.”

Tara nodded confidently and looked to Willow, who forced a smile back.

“That’s great. We’ll look out for that scheduling arrangement.”

The man seemed eager to get rid of them and none of them wanted to linger so they quickly went back out to the car.

“See?” Tara smiled as she fixed her seatbelt over her body.

Willow tried not to seem sketchy as she glanced in the backseat at Sally, but of course, Tara caught it. She turned her head and looked between them accusingly.

“What did you two do?”

“It wasn’t me!” Willow threw her hands up.

“What?” Tara replied loudly and flung her head back to look at Sally.

Sally looked scared for once in her life but Willow was quick to garner Tara’s attention back on her.

“Baby, remember that ‘Don’t Ask; Don’t Tell’ policy we agreed on in Nepal? I think we should implement it here too.”

Tara slowly settled back in the seat and put her hands on the wheel.

“Okay then,” she breathed out, “In that case…who wants waffles?”

“Me!” Sally replied quickly.

“Me,” Willow added with a soft smile, “Maybe with a side of sassy eggs.”

Tara smiled crookedly and turned the keys in the ignition.

“Maybe a little watermelon sugar,” she said with a saucily arched eyebrow, “Tastes like strawberries.”

Willow blushed and Sally shouted from the back, clueless.

“I want Nutella!”

“You got it, kiddo,” Willow smiled and brushed her fingers against Tara’s on the wheel.

She just had a feeling.

Everything's gonna be alright.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - May 1st 2024
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs! :whip

Big canon easteregg with sneaky sally standing in for invisible Buffy in driving the social worker crazy. Although it was a funny scene in the canon episode I did feel kind of bad for Doris who probably lost her job after that episode because objectively she had reasons to believe that Dawn wasn't well cared for.
The way you write her she really seems to be a bad social worker who is prejudiced against young (foster) parents and probably homophobic so I cheered for Sally here.

Quote:
She didn’t like this one bit. She’d heard Willow say they might try to take her away and as much as she didn’t trust anybody and still gave Willow and Tara a lot of shit, it was a hell of a lot better than foster care. Those people never peppered their frustration with whatever it was Willow and Tara did. She didn't go for mushy words like love but she could see they loved each other and in very quiet moments she thought they might feel something like it for her too.

There were even times she allowed herself to think she had a real home.

Not that she would ever admit it, even to herself sometimes, but she knew she had no interest in packing all of her things up into a trash bag again.

Yay that Sally starts to feel at home with Tara and Willow and is willing to fight for this home!

My favourite parts of the chapter were these:
Quote:
“This place looks boring,” Sally said in a monotone as she looked out the window.

“Were you expecting a PlayPlace?” Willow asked sarcastically.

“You two, best behavior,” Tara said firmly as she checked her appearance in the rearview mirror.

Quote:
“See?” Tara smiled as she fixed her seatbelt over her body.

Willow tried not to seem sketchy as she glanced in the backseat at Sally, but of course, Tara caught it. She turned her head and looked between them accusingly.

“What did you two do?”

“It wasn’t me!” Willow threw her hands up.

“What?” Tara replied loudly and flung her head back to look at Sally.

:lol So funny, Tara acting like a mum chastising her two difficult kids here!

Quote:
“Baby, remember that ‘Don’t Ask; Don’t Tell’ policy we agreed on in Nepal? I think we should implement it here too.”

Tara slowly settled back in the seat and put her hands on the wheel.

“Okay then,” she breathed out, “In that case…who wants waffles?”

:laugh Wise choice, mom!

Quote:
“Me,” Willow added with a soft smile, “Maybe with a side of sassy eggs.”

Tara smiled crookedly and turned the keys in the ignition.

“Maybe a little watermelon sugar,” she said with a saucily arched eyebrow, “Tastes like strawberries.”

:lol Vixen!

Quote:
She just had a feeling.

Everything's gonna be alright.

Awww, I trust in you Laragh to make it so! :bigkiss

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 2:57 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Sally is hilarious fair play, love the inclusion of the social worker scene from the show, glad it was resolved fairly quickly.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:
Dibs! :whip

:banana

Quote:
Big canon easteregg with sneaky sally standing in for invisible Buffy in driving the social worker crazy. Although it was a funny scene in the canon episode I did feel kind of bad for Doris who probably lost her job after that episode because objectively she had reasons to believe that Dawn wasn't well cared for.
The way you write her she really seems to be a bad social worker who is prejudiced against young (foster) parents and probably homophobic so I cheered for Sally here.

You're right in that she did get a hard going-over in canon but she definitely deserved it here!

Quote:
Yay that Sally starts to feel at home with Tara and Willow and is willing to fight for this home!

Baby steps!

Quote:
:lol So funny, Tara acting like a mum chastising her two difficult kids here!

I do love Mom-Tara

Quote:
Awww, I trust in you Laragh to make it so! :bigkiss

You know me well!

Thanks for your feedback!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Sally is hilarious fair play, love the inclusion of the social worker scene from the show, glad it was resolved fairly quickly.

Thank you, yes I don't want these guys to go through too many hurdles but when I see an opportunity... :D

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Sorry this is short, I was busy this week with #AmberBensonAppreciationDay!

Dancing Queens

Ooh Child
Things Are Gonna Get Easier
Ooh Child
Things'll Get Brighter

Tara walked through the door after a long shift at Deli’s.

She’d had to contend with entitled customers, annoying kids, and people who had no idea they were in an LGBT bar and acted accordingly shocked when encountering anything a little bit gay.

The only upside was that it was the early shift and so she was still home in time to eat dinner with Willow and Sally. It meant less tips, but more family time and she had come to really adore their time together.

Most of the time, anyway.

“There’s my girls,” she said with a weary smile.

Willow and Sally were in the middle of building a house of cards on the table. Willow looked up with a smile.

“We’re learning about physics.”

“Why do you keep trying to make this about science?” Sally asked with a scowl.

“I could make it about politics,” Willow replied and Sally rolled her eyes.

Willow came over to hug Tara.

“I missed you.”

“Gag,” Sally rolled her eyes again.

Tara pressed her lips to Willow’s cheek.

“How was today?”

“Mmhm,” Willow made a non-commital noise, which Tara guessed to mean ‘difficult but nothing is broken’.

They’d become quite good at communicative yet non-descript sounds.

Tara frowned; far too much pressure was being put on Willow to suddenly handle a child with difficult needs and no structure. School started soon, but she didn’t know if that would make things better or worse.

Willow seemed to notice the consternation and just cupped Tara’s cheek in support.

Willow couldn’t count the ways Tara had been there for her in their past. She was happy to give it back now.

Tara couldn’t help but feel nothing in their past could compare to this.

“Hey,” Willow brought Tara off to the side, “I can see your mind going. Is this what you feel like when I get antsy? What’s up?”

Tara felt herself clam up.

“I just…” she suddenly found her cheeks tense and flushed, “I never want to lose you.”

“Why would you ever?” Willow asked softly, “Hey—”

Before she could continue, there was a whooshing sound as the house of cards suddenly collapsed. They both turned their heads in time to see Sally’s face go red and her fists balled at her side.

“I wasn’t finished!”

Tara approached calmly. They’d had to do online parenting classes and had advice from the therapist on how to de-escalate but the hairs still went up on the back of her neck when she was confronted with this little girl’s untapped anger.

“Honey, I know this is frustrating. It’s okay, it will pass soon. And we can rebuild it.”

“We can even reinforce it with a wider base—” Willow tried to reason but that just set Sally off more and she flung her arms out so the cards flew all over the floor.

In the midst of this, Tara’s phone began to buzz in her pocket. She wasn’t even considering taking it until she saw the name flash up on the screen as she took it out to silence it.

“It’s the social work office. I have to answer it.”

“Go,” Willow encouraged, stepping closer to Sally, “Go, I got this.”

Tara hesitated as Sally’s fists pounded the table in anger but the persistent ring made her turn her back and go into the bedroom.

“Hello?” she said, trying her hardest to keep her voice steady, “Yes, speaking.”

She listened for a moment.

“Oh.”

She listened for a few more seconds, nodding even though the other person couldn’t see her.

“Okay. Thank you. Bye.”

Her hand dropped with her phone by her side, shaking. She exhaled but it did nothing to help the shake as she walked back out into the living room. What caused her to drop her phone in shock was seeing Willow and Sally sitting on the couch with Sally appearing to be pummeling Willow in the stomach.

“Sally!”

Willow quickly shifted her body, revealing what she was holding in front of her.

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” she reassured, “It’s just a cushion.”

Tara’s hand flew to her heart and then her mouth as she caught her breath.

Sally took the cushion from Willow and squeezed it to her chest. She looked remorseful and embarrassed with red cheeks and downcast eyes. Willow knew better than to touch her so just slid off the couch and walked over to Tara, picking up her phone on the way.

“What did they say?” she asked quietly.

Tara held her phone between her palms and smiled softly at Willow.

“Our application was approved.”

“We’re approved?!” Willow asked, a little too loudly.

On the couch, Sally looked up.

“What does that mean?”

Tara swallowed softly.

“We’re officially fostering you. It’s called kinship care. Since we’re blood relatives, they could approve us faster.”

“You’re stuck with us, kiddo,” Willow added with a smile.

Sally remained stony-faced for a moment before surprising them both by jumping up and crashing into them in a hug.

“I’m not living without you?” she mumbled into their mid-sections.

Tara stroked her hair gently.

“No way.”

“Definitely not,” Willow added and threw her arms up, “Woohoo!”

Sally looked up with a quizzical eyebrow.

“Why are you so excited?”

“Because we want you here with us!” Willow replied giddily, holding her hand out for a high-five.

Sally cautiously gave it.

“This calls for music,” Tara announced, needing to feel that pull of the beat to release all of the tension that had erupted.

“And punch!” Willow said, spinning on her heels toward the kitchen, “The liquid kind this time!”

She went to get cups and filled them up with some punch from the bottle in the fridge while Tara procured some fine ’80s pop rock.

As Willow gathered the cups and held them in a triangular formation, she turned around and started to laugh uproariously.

Sisters are doin' it for themselves

“What are you laughing at?” Tara questioned as she shook her shoulders in a shimmy.

Beside her, Sally waved her arms back and forward in front of her. This just made Willow cackle more.

“You two dance exactly the same!”

“Yeah, super cool!” Sally replied smugly and they both broke out some finger-pointing.

Willow just smiled adoringly and passed off a cup to each of them and joined in with some classic Brave Little Toaster moves of her own.

They danced until there was no more punch to quench their tango-induced thirst and Willow and Tara decided pizza was on the menu for dinner because neither felt like cooking.

No more was said of Sally’s earlier meltdown and she even went out of her way to help set the table. Tara showed her how to fold napkins into various shapes while they waited for the pizza to be delivered and then had a napkin swan ‘chase’ Tara around the room.

“Hey, does that remind you of Australia?” Willow teased with a giggle, “Getting chased by the bush turkey?”

“What’s a bush turkey?” Sally asked, stopping in place.

Willow pulled out her phone and brought up a picture. She showed Sally, who literally fell to the floor and rolled around laughing.

“One of THOSE things chased you?!”

“Oh ha-ha,” Tara put her hands on her hips, then dropped them and walked to Willow, putting her arms around her girlfriend’s neck, “Luckily I had my knight in shining GPS here to save me.”

Willow smiled and pressed her lips against Tara’s. Sally rolled over and stuck a finger in her mouth, motioning gagging.

“You two will make out over anything. Even turkeys.”

“Wait ‘til you see how we celebrate Thanksgiving,” Willow grinned and raised her eyebrows playfully at Tara who blushed but smiled too, knowing Sally wouldn’t understand the innuendo.

There was a knock on the door so Willow went to get the pizza while the other two sat at the table ready to eat. Sally didn’t even question or try to eat on the couch.

After dinner, they repurposed the cards to play Go Fish, and Sally took great joy in repeatedly telling Willow to go fish.

“I’m not even cheating!” Sally grinned toothily.

Willow and Tara exchanged a soft smile.

At bedtime, Tara was grateful to let her head hit the pillow. There was still a lot on her plate, but one major worry had been taken off her shoulders today. Being official foster parents meant they had more autonomy to make decisions; to bring Sally outside of the city; to establish an actual routine.

School would start soon and that would be a big part of that routine. Likely a challenge too, Tara had no doubt, given Sally’s previous school records but at least they would have access to the supports they needed now being officially ‘in the system’.

What a turn her life had changed from just a few months previous.

And what a curveball she’d thrown Willow.

Just as her heart started to quicken at the thought, Willow pulled back the covers on her side of the bed and slid under. She shuffled over to Tara and pressed a lazy kiss on her cheek, making Tara’s heart quicken in new ways.

“What was this nonsense earlier about losing me?” Willow asked softly as she pressed her nose into the crook of Tara’s neck.

Tara reached up and let her fingers run through Willow’s hair. She loved this; Willow’s lips on her shoulder blade and close enough to get her sweet strawberry mocha scent. Such gentle affection; so evocatively received.

Tara turned and kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“I guess I’m scared,” she admitted softly, “I’m scared when we all start school again it’s going to be too much. That you’ll end up sacrificing grades or—”

Willow lifted her head, making Tara’s hand fall off.

“Tara,” she interrupted, reaching up to tuck some hair behind Tara’s ear, “You know what you would say to me if the roles were reversed?”

Tara swallowed softly. Willow took the opening.

“1) You’re worrying about something that hasn’t happened,” she listed with her fingers, “2) If things are getting tough, then we regroup and see how to change our approach and…”

A third finger shot up.

“3) I will never leave as long as you will have me.”

Tara felt her heart sink to her stomach.

“What if it was what was best for you?”

Willow just shook her head.

“Being without you could never be what’s best for me. Don’t you know how hard I tried to convince myself of that? And guess what, I couldn’t. Because it’s not possible. Because there is no me without you.”

Tara’s eyes filled with tears and Willow reached down to join their hands.

“Tara, you didn’t take this on alone. You haven’t saddled me with something. I agreed willingly.”

“But she’s my…” Tara trailed off, voice choked.

“She’s our family,” Willow replied with a simple smile, “And no, this is not the setup we thought we’d have but guess what? We do. And sometimes it’ll be really, really hard but she’s a good kid. She’s your sister, there’s no doubt.”

Tara swallowed repeatedly to get some moisture in her mouth.

“Because of our killer dance moves?”

“Entirely,” Willow grinned and leaned over to press their lips together.

Tara felt peace pour into her from the kiss. She reached up and cupped both of Willow’s cheeks, pulling her that very important half-inch closer.

Willow dropped some smaller kisses on Tara’s lips and the corner of her mouth before nuzzling her nose.

“I wanna have a chat soon about the DJ Tarot schedule.”

Tara’s eyebrows rose in surprise. Willow kissed Tara’s cheek and curled back into her side.

“It’s snuggle time so not tonight but now we’re not worried about the application being approved it’s time to let you have your full potential again. You do not need to be working bar shifts when you have the talent you have. We are getting you back behind the decks.”

Tara’s brow furrowed this time. Willow just smiled.

“Just trust me.”

“Always,” Tara answered without hesitation.

She placed her hand over Willow’s collarbone and then leaned down to kiss her right beside its placement; on Willow’s throat.

“I love you so much, Willow.”

A light flush rose under Tara’s lips.

Willow gently took Tara’s hand and moved it down closer to the round neck of the tank top she was wearing.

“Do you love me here?”

Tara dropped her mouth and kissed above Willow’s breast.

Willow felt her nipples tighten. She made Tara’s hand slide down over them, just making them pucker all the more. She lingered there for a moment before pushing Tara's hand down above her belly button.

“And here?”

Tara’s hand pushed Willow’s shirt up and she kissed the soft expanse of skin on Willow’s midriff. Willow’s breath caught and she pushed Tara’s hand down until there was no room left to push.

“What about—”

Tara’s head disappeared under the blanket.

Willow sighed contentedly as her eyes fluttered closed.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - May 8th 2024
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:57 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
DIBS. I forgot my password for awhile, so I have been lurking. So happy to see that you are posting again. I hope all is well with you. Loving this story. Thanks for writing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10