The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing -March 29 2023
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53

A Gut Feeling

Fever
Till You Sizzle
Oh What A Lovely Way To Burn

“Will?”

Willow looked up from the kitchen table where she was typing on her laptop. She smiled at Tara in the doorway and shut the lid.

“Hey, did you see the latest schedule I sent you? I need you to add in your shifts at the bar.”

Tara sidled up alongside Willow and took her hand.

“I want to talk to you about that.”

She pulled gently until Willow stood and brought her over to the couch.

“Is everything okay?” Willow asked with a crumpled brow line of concern, “Did you hate the green? I knew I should have used yellow.”

Tara just smiled easily.

“I loved the green. The white font was inspired,” she reassured with an emphatic crinkling of her eyes, “You keep telling me I’m making enough now to quit the bar.”

“You are,” Willow replied with a quick and eager nod of her head, “I’d love to see you stop running yourself ragged. I think the summertime is the perfect time to transition and really set your DJ schedule before classes have to be factored in again.”

Tara folded her legs under her and continued to hold Willow’s hand.

“Well, I talked to my bosses last night and they agreed that I could cut back to just my hosting role. It would mean no late nights at the bar unless I'm playing a show. I’d work a set shift on alternating three/four day weeks.”

Willow nodded slowly.

“Well, that sounds pretty good. At least you’d have nights back.”

“I’m very happy with the arrangement,” Tara confirmed and squeezed Willow’s hand, “But I’m not happy with your arrangement.”

“Oh?” Willow asked, frowning for a moment before it flattened into a thin line, “Oh.”

Tara nodded slowly.

“I need a professional manager. One who’s paid for all of the time and dedication they put in.”

Willow nodded quickly again though her gaze was downcast.

“Yeah, of course. I mean, you’re blowing up and you need the best.”

Tara smiled.

“I agree.”

Willow looked up and rubbed her thumb over Tara’s knuckles.

“I’ll help you find them,” she said sincerely, “They’re ten a penny in this town, I don’t want you rolled over.”

Tara laughed softly.

“You already have, Willow.”

Willow frowned again.

“I’m sorry, I’m lost.”

Tara gently pulled at the collar of Willow’s shirt.

“Willow, I want you to be my manager. Officially. Paid.”

Willow’s nose crinkled.

“Huh?”

Tara brushed her fingers on Willow’s cheek.

“You’re looking for a job that you can’t even figure out what for but you already have one. And you’re phenomenal at it. Plus you’re the only manager in the world that I know for a fact would choose my well-being over extra cash.”

Willow’s mouth opened and closed.

“I…can’t take money from you.”

“You’re not,” Tara dismissed with an arched eyebrow, “You’re earning money from DJ Tarot Inc.”

“It’s an LLC,” Willow corrected softly.

Tara grinned.

“See? You’re great at all of this stuff. You know the accounts and the schedule. You know my worth,” she said and cupped Willow’s cheek, “And I know yours. You deserve to be paid for all of the work you do. DJ Tarot is nothing without you. We’re a team. And I want to be equal partners.”

Willow swallowed softly.

“You know I’m always on Team Maclay.”

She lifted her fist and they jokingly bumped up and down before meeting in the middle.

“Does that mean you’re in? Officially?” Tara asked with glee.

“I…guess?” Willow replied with a tentative smile, “I’m only taking what’s fair.”

“I’m not completely ignorant of these things. I think we can agree on a very fair base salary plus 10% of all earnings,” Tara replied in a reasoned tone, then smirked and arched an eyebrow saucily, “And wait until you see the benefits…”

She turned her head and pressed it into Willow’s neck.

Willow’s eyes fluttered closed.

“I’m very amenable to the benefits package…”

Tara kissed up Willow’s ear.

“Hey, I had a quick question about something…”

“Mmhm?” Willow replied, her tongue poking out as lips caressed her ear.

Tara inhaled softly from Willow’s neck.

“It’s about your app.”

Willow’s eyes opened and she straightened up.

“My app? You mean…our app? Is there something wrong? Do you want me to put some new stuff up?”

“The app is great,” Tara blushed lightly, “I enjoy it…regularly.”

Willow blushed too.

“Me too.”

“I just wondered…” Tara walked her fingers on Willow’s thigh, “If there was a way to…sort through things?”

Willow frowned.

“What do you mean?”

Tara shrugged one shoulder shyly.

“Sometimes I…have a particular…um…” she paused and blushed further, “I’d like to find a particular image or…set of images…perhaps a certain…area of the body?”

“Ohh!” Willow replied, her eyes brightening, “Oh, I get it! Like categories! Yes! I could do like upper body/lower body or, who cares if it’s crude, it’s just for us. Boobs and butts!”

She suddenly sat forward excitedly.

“I could introduce a tagging system!”

She blushed and settled back down, catching her breath.

“Got myself a little too excited there.”

Tara moved her hand up Willow’s thigh.

“Why don’t I get you a little more excited?”

She nipped at Willow’s ear, who shivered and turned her head toward Tara. Tara took Willow’s face gently in her hands but in contrast, kissed her with all the fervor of her burning desire.

She could feel the heat radiating from Willow.

“Oh, I’m getting you really hot and bothered.”

“Yeah,” Willow agreed breathlessly and turned her head to deepen the kiss.

Tara’s hand slipped down Willow’s collarbone and cupped her breast, bare under the light t-shirt Willow was wearing. Tara tried to whip it off but Willow jolted and groaned.

Tara stopped and held Willow’s arm.

“Hey, you okay?”

Willow nodded with a blush.

“Just had cramps all morning.”

“You wanna stop?” Tara asked with soft eyes.

Willow shook her head.

“Definitely not,” she said, lightly licking her lips, “But can we go easy?”

Tara leaned in and kissed Willow’s lips softly, then sunk to the floor on her knees and grinned up at Willow crookedly.

Willow took in slow, anticipatory breaths as Tara tugged her linen pants down her legs and began to kiss her thighs. Willow opened her legs accommodatingly and sighed softly as Tara’s nose bumped the front of her underwear.

Her abdomen burned and she tried to roll herself against Tara’s face for a brief relief. She felt Tara trail a finger down the crease of her thigh before hooking it into the curve of her panties to tug them off. She pushed her hips to the edge of the couch and was relieved when Tara just began to attend to her with a soft touch.

She held Tara’s head as it gently bobbed; ears sitting on her thighs and Tara’s hair splayed out across her lap.

New flames began to lick inside her in a much more pleasant way and a quiet moan carried down to Tara’s muffled ears to let her know she was doing exactly what was needed. Willow felt her pulse quicken and she could have drawn it out but had no intention of it. She pushed Tara’s head further into herself and let her neck fall back as she rode all over Tara’s face.

She let out a long, low groan and after a moment of twitching, she sunk back into the couch with her eyes closed.

“We’re really working our way around the surfaces in the house,” she said through labored breath and with a sweaty brow.

Tara’s head popped up from between Willow’s legs and she discreetly wiped her mouth.

“I’m determined to get you up on the kitchen counter.”

Willow smiled.

“I told you, just not when the burner is on. That’s asking this Klutzilla for a trip to the emergency room.”

Tara stood and sat beside Willow, stretching out her knees.

Willow turned her head and leaned over to kiss Tara. She tried to lean over to put her hand under Tara’s shirt but the burning of old came back and she groaned in pain.

“Oh, baby,” Tara comforted gently, patting Willow’s arm, “I think you need to go lie down with a hot water bottle and some Tylenol. Are you due already? I thought we were pretty synced up.”

Willow shook her head.

“I think it’s ovulation pains. It doesn’t feel like normal cramps,” she said, then looked at Tara with sunken eyes, “Baby, I’m sorry. You didn’t get to…”

Tara leaned in and kissed the corner of Willow’s mouth.

“I enjoyed myself immensely.”

She got down on her knees again to help Willow redress and Willow melted at the tenderness of it all. She stood gingerly as Tara helped her settle her pants and underwear on her hips and took the offered hand for Tara to bring her to the bedroom. After getting her comfortable, Tara put the kettle on the burner and got Willow some painkillers while she waited for it to whistle.

Finally, she brought Willow a hot water bottle like her mother always did for her and put it under the covers over Willow’s stomach.

Willow murmured some gratitude with her eyes closed, weary. Tara kissed her forehead and left to allow Willow to rest.

“OW!”

Tara looked up in alarm from where she was going over her setlist for her show that night.

She put the tablet down on the table and jumped up, running into the bedroom. Willow was sitting on the edge of the bed, doubled over.

“I tried to get up to pee. It hurts so much!”

Tara came over and looked at Willow’s flushed face with concern. She touched Willow’s forehead.

“Darling, you’re still burning up,” she said, realizing her earlier temperature spike might not have been a fever of passion but just a good old-fashioned fever.

She noticed Willow cradling her lower right side.

“Is that where it hurts?”

Willow nodded.

“It was more in my stomach earlier but now it’s all here.”

Tara made a pained face.

“Can you try to jump?”

Willow looked at Tara like she had two heads.

“What?”

“I know it sounds weird,” Tara said in a comforting tone, “Just see if you can do a little jump.”

Willow grudgingly stood but as soon as she tried to lift her feet off the ground she nearly collapsed under the pain.

“Okay, okay!” Tara said, shooting her arms out to catch Willow and ease her back down, “Honey, I think I need to take you to the ER after all. I think you have appendicitis.”

Willow looked up, dazed and confused. Her face was stark white.

“Huh?”

Tara patted the bed around Willow to make sure she was secure.

“Sit, honey. I’ll get your shoes. I’m going to drive you right now.”

Tara ran to the closet to find a pair of flats and while she was in there, spotted a little backpack Willow wore out sometimes. She stuffed it with some extra clothing, Willow’s phone and charger, earbuds, a toothbrush, and Willow’s wallet which was all she could see on visible surfaces as she ran around in a panic.

Willow was in so much pain she didn’t notice anything but base commands like ‘lift’ or ‘lean’ so Tara was gentle with her as she got her out of the apartment and into the car.

She was very glad they didn’t have to negotiate the stairs.

She belted Willow in with a groan and apologized while being as gentle as she could. She had to rifle through Willow’s wallet to find her insurance card to find out which urgent care to take her to while suppressing the urge to panic.

She found the information she needed and drove to the hospital as quickly and safely as she could while trying to comfort her girlfriend.

The drive seemed to take forever but it wasn’t really. Still, for Willow, every second was a second more of pain and for Tara a second more of hearing her love hurt. She parked as close to the entrance as she could, got under Willow, and helped her to the triage nurse.

“She’s having really bad stomach pains and I think her fever’s really high,” Tara rattled off without pleasantries, “It’s gotten worse over the last couple of hours. She’s in a lot of pain.”

Willow whimpered indicatively.

The nurse held a thermometer out through the hatch and took Willow’s forehead temperature. Upon looking at the reading, she nodded to an orderly beside her to go out with a wheelchair.

“Fill this out,” she said to Tara, pushing a clipboard toward her while the orderly helped Willow into the wheelchair and brought her into the ER.

Tara watched helplessly for a moment before the doors closed and she looked down at the forms. She sank into the nearest seat and began to fill out the information. She still had Willow’s insurance card so she was able to complete it without much hesitation.

As she brought it back to the triage desk, she heard her name being yelled and looked up to see Willow was reaching out for her desperately whilst being wheeled away in a hospital bed. The doors opened to let a nurse out and Tara slipped in to hurry over to Willow with the triage nurse calling after her.

“Hey!”

Tara ignored her in favor of following the bed to the elevators.

“What’s going on?”

“They’re taking me for surgery,” Willow said in a small voice.

“You’ll be fine,” Tara reassured gently, covering Willow’s hand.

She was as pale as a ghost and shaking.

“I-I’ve never had surgery before.”

Tara remembered saying that to Willow just before going under for her ankle.

“But I have and I came out fine, didn’t I?” she forced a little smile.

The elevator doors opened and the doctors pushed Willow in.

“We gotta go.”

Tara stood on the other side, helpless.

“You’ll be fine, I promise!”

The doors closed and Tara’s heart sank.

After a moment of just staring at the closed elevator doors, she went back to the waiting area where the triage nurse gave her a wry but understanding look. Tara sat, unsure, for a few moments before taking Willow’s little bag off of her back and taking out her phone. She knew the unlock code, as Willow knew hers. She pressed a few buttons and put the phone to her ear.

“Hello? This is Tara…Tara Maclay.”

Tara was quite literally twiddling her thumbs as she waited in the hard, plastic seat.

The noise level in the waiting room was pretty constant: the beeping of machines; the rattle of the vending machine; the whooshing of the doors opening and closing. People spoke in low volumes, so much so that when someone arrived and loudly banged their hand against the triage hatch, everybody looked up.

“Yes, hello, excuse me! I’m looking for my daughter Willow Danielle Rosenberg.”

“Mrs. Rosenberg,” Tara quickly stood and looked apologetically at the triage nurse who definitely wasn’t paid enough for all of this shit, “You got here quickly.”

“I’ve been lecturing at UCLA,” Sheila dismissed and Tara frowned because she was certain no one had bothered to tell Willow that she was in town, “Where is Willow?”

Tara shuffled from one foot to the other, feeling awkward under Sheila’s penetrating energy.

“They took her for surgery as I said on the phone. I’m expecting to hear soon.”

“Rosenberg?” a call came from a young doctor, looking around cluelessly.

Both Tara and Sheila stepped toward him and Sheila looked mildly annoyed by it.

“Yes, I am her mother.”

The young doctor looked relieved.

“Her surgery went fine. We removed the appendix with a laparoscopic incision without it rupturing. She’s out of recovery but still asleep. We’re running fluids and antibiotics but all going well she should be able to go home tomorrow.”

“W-where is she?” Tara asked and again, Sheila seemed annoyed that she got there first.

“Inpatient surgical unit,” the doctor replied before nodding cordially and making a quick exit.

Tara turned to the hospital map on the wall to locate the inpatient unit but winced when she heard a familiar shrill voice break the white noise of the ER.

“Where is the inpatient unit? I need to know at once.”

“It’s this way,” Tara spoke quietly, having already ascertained this information with a quick glance.

Sheila looked haughty as she lifted her purse and tried to lead Tara away, despite being the one who was following.

The inpatient unit was on the sixth floor and never had an elevator ride been more uncomfortable for Tara. She had no idea why Sheila seemed so mad at her; she hadn’t given Willow an inflamed appendix. She'd called straight away. She hadn't done anything wrong. Except maybe being Willow's girlfriend.

She reasoned Sheila was probably just as shocked as she was to be in this situation and let it go.

Willow looked peaceful in her bed and some color had come back into her cheeks.

Tara had barely touched Willow’s hand when Sheila was by the bedside, checking Willow’s drip importantly.

“Did you tell them about her potential allergy to thiopental?”

Tara looked up slowly, eyes sinking into a frown.

“I…I didn’t know she had an allergy.”

Sheila made a noise of disapproval.

“Well maybe you don’t know all that you think,” she said curtly and sent Tara a glare, “Perhaps it’s time to let my daughter rest.”

Tara’s jaw was set in annoyance; unable to hide it any longer.

“Mrs. Rosenberg, with all due respect, Willow would want me here.”

Sheila stood up, eyes flaming like Willow’s did sometimes; turning almost black.

“Yes, well, Willow has a lot of silly notions now, doesn’t she? It’s time that girl learned about what’s best for her.”

She suddenly smashed the nurse call button and before Tara could even react, she was being pointed at as a nurse came to help.

“This woman isn’t welcome in this room with my daughter.”

Tara glanced at the nurse and back.

“I’m her girlfriend.”

“And I’m her next of kin,” Sheila spat back.

“Do I need to call security?” the nurse asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sheila eyed Tara narrowly.

“I pay for her insurance, something I certainly won’t be doing if you continue to grandstand for no reason.”

Tara felt a shiver of utter contempt go up her back but she knew when to pick her battles. She didn’t know enough about insurance to know if Sheila could make it so they were indebted with medical bills.

Silently she placed Willow’s bag by the side of her bed and kissed her forehead.

“I love you, baby,” she whispered before turning and making a beeline out the door.

She refused to let Sheila see the tears in her eyes.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Willow felt something squeezing her arm tightly and it pulled her from a deeply-held slumber. She struggled sluggishly until big, warm hands gently tried to stop her.

“It’s okay, bubbelah. Everything is okay.”

Willow struggled to open her eyes.

“…Dad?”

Her voice was raspy and her eyes strained under bright lights as she tried to open them.

“Yes, darling,” Ira comforted gently, “Your mother and I are here. You’ve just woken up from surgery. Everything went well.”

Willow spent a few minutes adjusting to consciousness and reached for a cup of water. Sheila helped her drink it as she gingerly sat up.

“They took out my appendix?”

“Yes,” Sheila answered with a raised chin, “If I’d been informed sooner I could have gotten you into a better hospital but at least they seemed to have done their jobs.”

Willow finally felt like she had cleared her vision. She glanced around.

“Where’s Tara?”

“Oh, I haven’t seen her,” Ira answered, looking up to Sheila, “Your mother called me and I drove right down. It was a blessing your mother was already in the city.”

“You were?” Willow asked with a tired, furrowed brow, “Tara brought me in. I got sick at home.”

“She had to leave,” Sheila cut in curtly.

Willow frowned and noticed it was dark outside.

“Oh yeah. She has a show.”

Her body lagged.

“I’m sleepy.”

“Go back to sleep, darling,” Ira encouraged, “We’ll make sure the nurses know you woke up and we’ll be back in the morning to pick you up.”

“‘Kay,” Willow agreed and gave herself over to the overwhelming tiredness.

Tara stared at the ceiling for how many hours she didn’t even know anymore.

The sun had come up and the last time she’d seen that happen in person was after a far more enjoyable night than the one she’d just gone through.

She felt like the fly on the bottom of someone’s shoe as she left the hospital — no, not someone. Sheila Rosenberg.

That woman could be unfathomably cruel in such a way that made Tara think some unimaginable cruelty had been done unto her. But still, threatening to cut off Willow’s insurance to make her leave was a low blow. She could only assume it was punishment for ‘taking’ Willow away from Harvey Mudd, despite that being Willow’s decision all on her own.

She’d been in a daze at home until she’d gotten a call from the club she was supposed to play that night asking if they needed to send a car. Before an apology or any kind of explanation could come out, she simply said yes and went into autopilot in gathering her equipment.

She’d played one of the best shows of her entire life last night and had sobbed the entire way through it. Only for the pair of reflective sunglasses, which De Luca had given her for her first official show as a gag gift, she imagined she would have been kicked off that stage. But hiding behind them let people just listen to the music and damn if Tara didn’t need to get lost in her music. The club-goers fell at her feet as she fought to stay steady on them.

She just brought everyone along with her. The manager had been effusive with his praise and had promised to be in touch with her manager about future shows.

Tara could only smile weakly and stay behind those glasses until she collapsed back onto her own bed where she had begun to stare at the ceiling.

The clock clicked onto a new hour and Tara deemed it was an acceptable time to try and get in touch with Willow. She swung her legs around and winced as she tried to stand on her right ankle. It always ached like that when she was worried about Willow. It was some weird trauma carryover from the earthquake.

She found her phone on her nightstand and pulled up Willow’s number.

In the hospital, Willow was getting her shoes on when she heard a familiar tone. She looked up quickly.

“Is that my phone?”

Sheila looked over, blasé.

“Oh yes. I took it to charge it. For you.”

“Can I have it?” Willow asked eagerly, “That’s Tara’s ringtone.”

“We should get you out of here,” Sheila said, waiting until the phone had stopped ringing before packing it away in the side pocket of Willow’s bag.

“I have your medications,” Ira appeared in the room, carrying a small paper bag, “The doctor says you can be discharged and you’ll just need an appointment in two weeks to attend to your stitches.”

Willow sighed softly.

“Great. I definitely missed my own bed.”

And my own girl.

She smiled thinking of getting to see Tara and hoped she’d gotten to sleep in a bit after her late night. She’d woken in the middle of the night and had tried to find her phone but tiredness overtook her before she could. She did remember seeing her charger in her bag though.

It was weird her mother had taken her phone when she had a charger in there.

Huh.

She accepted her father’s hand and reached for her bag but Sheila had already plucked it up and away.

“It was, uh, really nice of you guys to stay the night.”

“It was no trouble,” Ira assured with a smile, “Your mother had the hotel room already. And they’ve been very understanding in her cutting her tenure short.”

“Huh?” Willow asked again and started to feel a little woozy, “Ooh, I think I need to sit down.”

A nurse brought over a wheelchair and Willow gratefully sat in.

“Thanks.”

She was wheeled down to the curb where she was picked up in her father’s car. She was grateful for its comfort as she closed the seatbelt against her sensitive abdomen and the plush headrest as she sat back and closed her eyes.

Every so often she’d readjust her position and upon one such movement, her eyes flickered open and she noticed something.

They were heading onto the freeway.

“Hey you guys are going the wrong way,” she called out softly, “Our place is west of here.”

She knew they knew where she lived. They’d been there before.

“We’re taking you back to Sunnydale, sweetheart,” Sheila called back in a trite and placating voice.

“Sheila, I thought you spoke to her already,” Ira said in hushed tones.

Willow felt a consciousness come to her like she’d been flicked in the middle of the forehead.

“What are you talking about?” she said, sitting up and speaking clearly, “I’m going home. I’m not going to Sunnydale.”

Sheila and Ira shared a look and Willow suddenly felt a panic descend on her chest. She just reacted; pushing against the seat in front of her.

“Take me home! I want to go home! I want to see Tara! Take me home!”

She kicked the seat and Sheila spun around, irate.

“Willow you’re acting like a child! You’re going to break your stitches!”

“TAKE ME HOME!” Willow screamed, taking out every bit of energy she had.

There was a sudden skid as Ira, in an uncharacteristically flustered moment, spun around back toward the city.

“I’m taking you to your apartment, Willow, right now. Please lay still. I don't want you to get hurt.”

Willow had no choice; she was completely sapped. Her cheeks were a bright red and her eyes bloodshot.

She opened the car door before Ira had even fully pulled into the parking lot and wobbled toward the door to the apartment, which she banged on repeatedly.

When Tara answered, Willow collapsed at her feet.

“Kidnap!” she exclaimed, pointing viciously at her parents who were walking up calmly behind her with her backpack and pharmacy bags, “They tried to kidnap me!”

Sheila tapped her foot and rolled her eyes.

“Willow, truly, are all of the dramatics necessary?”

Tara looked at Willow lying in her arms in alarm and up at the Rosenbergs. In one fell movement, she lifted Willow right up in her arms and stared at Sheila without breaking her gaze.

“I think it’s your turn to leave.”

Sheila’s eyes narrowed and she spun on her heel. Ira left Willow’s belongings inside the door, kissed Willow’s forehead, and schlepped along after his wife.

“Call us if you need anything.”

Tara stared down the car until it was gone. She was sure Sheila was staring back through the rearview mirror.

Willow watched too, then glanced up unsurely at Tara.

“As extremely sexy as this is, you can put me down now if you want.”

Tara looked down at Willow and did start to feel the heaviness in her arms. She stood inside, kicked the door closed, and carried Willow straight into the bedroom to lay her down on the bed.

She fussed around Willow’s pillow and blanket.

“How are you? Are you okay? How are you feeling?”

Willow sought out Tara’s cheek with her palm.

“I’m fine now I’m here,” she said, relaxing into their bed in a way she could never relax into anything else, “They put me in the car and tried to take me to Sunnydale. I had to scream to get them to bring me home.”

Tara was biting back tears.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t there, darling.”

“Hey, it’s okay,” Willow murmured, her tiredness showing again, “I know you had to work.”

Tara sniffled. Sheila clearly hadn’t said anything about their encounter and she wasn’t about to either. She kissed Willow’s forehead, lingering there.

“Let me go get you a drink.”

Before Willow could protest, Tara had rushed off. She composed herself in the bathroom for a moment before getting Willow some Gatorade and her pharmacy bag.

“What do I have to do with these? What do you take?”

She pulled out the bottles to read the instructions.

“Okay, I should give you these with meals. Are you hungry?”

“Baby,” Willow said softly, “Just come lay with me for a minute. Please?”

Tara exhaled softly, looked at Willow, and nodded. She went over to the other side of the bed, trying to hide her limp, and carefully crawled onto the bed. Willow lifted her arm on her left side.

“Nice and close. I missed you last night. I wanted to check in after the show but my mom took my phone to charge it. She mustn’t have known you packed me one.”

Tara scowled.

“Thanks for my comfiest clothes, by the way,” Willow continued, “I was out of it last night when we were leaving. And it was really great to be able to brush my teeth this morning.”

Tara laid alongside Willow but didn’t put any of her weight there.

“Close your eyes again, baby. You need your rest. I’m going to take care of you.”

Willow settled comfortably.

“Hope you dig scars,” she mumbled as she tucked her head into Tara’s neck.

“Almost as much as belly buttons,” Tara replied tenderly and kissed Willow’s temple.

Willow sighed contentedly and slept.

Tara finally stopped staring at the ceiling.

A few hours later they both felt much more rested as they tried to go through all the post-surgery necessities.

“Willow, as much as I love to watch you squirm, you need to stay still.”

“It stings,” Willow pouted.

“I know, sweetie,” Tara soothed, “But we have to keep it clean. You don’t want to get a nasty infection.”

“I know,” Willow sighed, and stayed still to allow Tara to change her bandage.

“It’s very neat,” Tara commented as she covered the stitches up again, “You won’t even be able to see it in once it heals. They did a good job.”

“It doesn’t even hurt,” Willow admitted, despite the slight sting as Tara pressed the bandage down.

“That would be all those lovely painkillers,” Tara smiled crookedly at Willow’s slightly glazed eyes, “I’m not sure you’d feel much of anything right now.”

“I feel love,” Willow replied and smiled adoringly — if a little high.

Tara ducked her head and started to gently massage Willow’s upper leg.

“It’s true,” Willow continued, staring at Tara until she returned her gaze, “You are the strength that keeps me walking.”

She glanced down at her own legs.

“Literally.”

Tara paused and looked up at Willow with guilt in her eyes.

“Willow, I’m so sorry that I didn’t know you were allergic to that medication. I should have known. They mustn’t have used it but I should have…”

“I don’t have an allergy to any medication,” Willow said with a scrunched nose.

Tara frowned.

“Your mother mentioned….something. Theo-something.”

Willow’s eyes opened and closed, one at a time, slightly comically as her fuzzy brain worked things out.

“Oh, thiopental!” she said eventually with a dramatic bob of her head, “My grandma was allergic, the mean one. She gave me her red hair and hopefully nothing else. She almost died during open-heart surgery. We were all surprised to find she even had one.”

She chuckled at her own joke but Tara’s frown deepened, then she shook her head.

“Everything was so crazy yesterday. I’m glad you’re not allergic. I want to know all of that stuff, okay? When you’re better. In Nepal…you were so focused on me. I never learned everything I need to know about you.”

Willow frowned so deeply it turned into a pout at how low Tara’s voice was registering,

“You took care of me so well, Tara,” she said, reaching down to stroke Tara’s hair; her general dramatic demeanor making her strokes like how she would stroke a dog, “My appendix could have ruptured if you didn’t think so quickly and get me to the hospital. You’re my savior.”

Tara smiled softly and scooted up to kiss Willow’s forehead.

“I’m going to feed you lots of those pain pills.”

Willow leaned her head on Tara’s shoulder.

“I can’t believe my parents tried to kidnap me. I wish they’d stop thinking they know what’s best for me better than I do.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s opposite arm comfortingly. She held back her true opinion.

“If they felt anything like I did I’m sure they were just scared out of their minds.”

“They could have asked me,” Willow reasoned, her voice drifting off to another place again.

“They should have,” Tara agreed, quickly wanting to drop the issue, “But you’re home now. And you could use another little rest. I’ll go make some dinner while you sleep.”

She fluffed Willow’s pillow and kissed her as she fixed the blanket. Miss Kitty jumped on the bed and Tara plucked her up so she wouldn’t crawl over Willow.

She carried Miss Kitty out to the living room and decided to play with her for a few minutes before starting dinner. She could use the de-stressing as she thought of how Willow’s parents, particularly Sheila, had acted over the past 24 hours.

She rolled her eyes but let that be it — she wouldn’t be the one who came between Willow and her parents.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - April 12th 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:25 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
Will's_redemption wrote:
and say how much I enjoyed the scenes Dub had to skip
Perks of a double act. Will’s_redemption reads what I don’t want to. And free drool to hydrate Tara.
Laragh wrote:
I don’t want you rolled over.”
Tara laughed softly.
“You already have, Willow.
This can mean two things.
Laragh wrote:
the only manager in the world that I know for a fact would choose my well-being over extra cash.”
But what if there was three magic beans on offer?
Laragh wrote:
You know my worth
So do we, So do we *Cheers and applause, tears and the ripping up of everything that doesn’t know Tara’s worth*
Laragh wrote:
I’m always on Team Maclay
Until I get kicked out, or die! Or both because I won’t go without a fight.
Laragh wrote:
And wait until you see the benefits…”
Hmm decent sick pay, annual leave, health insurance … what huh? It’s a good thing DJ Tarot LLC doesn’t have a HR department yet.
Laragh wrote:
it’s just for us.
I thought it when I first saw it and didn’t say anything but this screams a danger when it has a famous DJ on it. I know you don’t do them dirty (In that sense, so much dirty in the other) but you do like to say something in all your stories and blackmailing celebrities with nudes it’s a thing. But then again Willow is a genius computer person so would make it super safe.
Laragh wrote:
appendicitis
Someone I use to know (That’s the only credit I’ll give them) went to visit a mutual friend who had their appendix out. The person(generous terminology) visited them right when the doctor had just told them to walk around the ward to fart out all the excess air from the surgery. About the right greeting for them. I saved them from falling off a bench once, so yeah, Doctor and Dub = heroes – other one farted on, small victories!
Laragh wrote:
She belted Willow
If they weren’t in a car this story would have taken a very dark turn. Oh yeah Willow medical emergency have to pretend not to be enjoying it. Oh no, it’s so bad, I hope there’s not traffic.
Laragh wrote:
for Willow, every second was a second more of pain
Oh no what a time for a song on the radio to keep repeating the first six lines.
Laragh wrote:
and for Tara a second more of hearing her love hurt.
Sorry Tara.
Laragh wrote:
“I-I’ve never had surgery before.”
Now’s as good a time as any, I’ll scrub in. Ill also get Nathan Wallace in on this.
Laragh wrote:
laparoscopic incision without it rupturing.
The manic laughter gave me away.
Laragh wrote:
elevator ride been more uncomfortable for Tara
In this universe.
Laragh wrote:
Except maybe being Willow's girlfriend.
If it helps I don’t think that’s wrong, Which is rather contradictory to how much of a dick I’m being to your girlfriend in this chapters feedback but eh I’ve been nice enough today so just take the small Dub assurance.
Laragh wrote:
it’s time that girl learned about what’s best for her.”
You’re talking to her man!
Laragh wrote:
I pay for her insurance,
Well if they ever got to the discussion about job benefits instead of Tara abusing the fact there is no HR department.
Laragh wrote:
reached for a cup of water
It’s not Tara but hydration is hydration *gulps some water*
Laragh wrote:
I’m sleepy.
*Sniff* - Canon – Family
Laragh wrote:
The sun had come up and the last time she’d seen that happen in person was after a far more enjoyable night than the one she’d just gone through.
“I like sunrise better when I'm getting up early than when I'm staying up late, you know? It's like ... I'm seeing it from the wrong side.” - Tara in 'After Life' vibes (I've started using vibes, I don't know why.)
Laragh wrote:
They were heading onto the freeway.
All the signs were there dude, don’t let being drugged up and fresh out of surgery mean you aren’t aware of your surroundings. – Every internet commenter on adult domestic abduction cases
Laragh wrote:
Willow felt a consciousness come to her like she’d been flicked in the middle of the forehead.
Crash the car! Crash the car! Crash the car!. Oh wait no this is a Laragh not a full Dark Laragh and Tara already won’t forgive herself for believing she caused the abduction.
Laragh wrote:
“I’m taking you to your apartment, Willow, right now. Please lay still. I don't want you to get hurt.”
Well thank fuck for Ira.
Laragh wrote:
Call us if you need anything.”
Nah think they’ve learnt their lesson on that front.
Laragh wrote:
Let me go get you a drink.
*Another gulp*
Laragh wrote:
Almost as much as belly buttons
They are a scar aren’t they? Either way Scars are awesome as they are a story worth telling. I have one on the bulbous bit of my nose because I wanted to know which side of a pen knife was sharp and thought the nose was the best place for it. Everyone enlightened by that story, good it’s always worth telling.
Laragh wrote:
You don’t want to get a nasty infection.”
No, we don’t want that. *Office style looks to the camera*
Laragh wrote:
She gave me her red hair
Every child wants a wig made from grandma hair at Christmas.
Laragh wrote:
She chuckled at her own joke
I’d high five you for it.
Laragh wrote:
I’m going to feed you lots of those pain pills
Are we adding pain killers to the Tara drinking game? I’m in!

I can’t keep saying Top form, my compliments are normally early series Paul Hollywood handshakes and they now mean nothing.

I don’t know if you can tell but I thoroughly enjoyed that chapter.

You manage to weave the darkness of the world into their little bubble and its tantalising. Just in this chapter alone you have the strength, playfulness, smuttiness, dedication, desire, dreams achievements, growth and the ever present vulnerability of their relationship. Complete 360 of every relationship aspect.

You’re bloody Brilliant but I have to tone it down for it to mean something again so I’ll say Yeah ‘lright suppose, Sheila is a bitch in a bikini. Or any clothing. Or no clothing. Yeah have that for a mental image but as a reward for this chapter you’re allowed to put clothes on that image. You’re welcome.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:43 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Quote:
“Hey, did you see the latest schedule I sent you? I need you to add in your shifts at the bar.”

Tara sidled up alongside Willow and took her hand.

“I want to talk to you about that.”

She pulled gently until Willow stood and brought her over to the couch.

“Is everything okay?” Willow asked with a crumpled brow line of concern, “Did you hate the green? I knew I should have used yellow.”

Tara just smiled easily.

“I loved the green. The white font was inspired,” she reassured with an emphatic crinkling of her eyes

:laugh So adorable!

Yay that my first hunch that Willow's first job would be Tara's manager (before I got sidetracked wondering how Sally will enter their lives) was true. I'm glad that Willow swiftly overcame her scruples after Tara pointed out that not she as her girlfriend but the company of DJ Tarot will be her employer.

Quote:
“You know I’m always on Team Maclay.”

She lifted her fist and they jokingly bumped up and down before meeting in the middle.

Great foreshadowing of the successful company they'll have in the future and it's quirky logo.
Dub, if you haven't already I highly recommend you to read the epilogue of "Inevitable".

Quote:
“I’m not completely ignorant of these things. I think we can agree on a very fair base salary plus 10% of all earnings,” Tara replied in a reasoned tone, then smirked and arched an eyebrow saucily, “And wait until you see the benefits…”

Willow’s eyes fluttered closed.

“I’m very amenable to the benefits package…”

In regard of the following events I agree with Dub that part of the benefits should be a private health insurance so Willow won't be dependent on her parents anymore when it comes to medical treatment.

Quote:
“Mrs. Rosenberg, with all due respect, Willow would want me here.”

Sheila stood up, eyes flaming like Willow’s did sometimes; turning almost black.

“Yes, well, Willow has a lot of silly notions now, doesn’t she? It’s time that girl learned about what’s best for her.”

She suddenly smashed the nurse call button and before Tara could even react, she was being pointed at as a nurse came to help.

“I’m her girlfriend.”

“I pay for her insurance, something I certainly won’t be doing if you continue to grandstand for no reason.”

Tara felt a shiver of utter contempt go up her back but she knew when to pick her battles. She didn’t know enough about insurance to know if Sheila could make it so they were indebted with medical bills.

Silently she placed Willow’s bag by the side of her bed and kissed her forehead.

“I love you, baby,” she whispered before turning and making a beeline out the door.

She refused to let Sheila see the tears in her eyes.

:fit I really wanted to pummel Sheila after reading this!!
And then of course sweet, caring Tara gave me some new perspective with her thoughts that Sheila is mean because she was a victim herself (probably in her childhood):
Quote:
That woman could be unfathomably cruel in such a way that made Tara think some unimaginable cruelty had been done unto her. But still, threatening to cut off Willow’s insurance to make her leave was a low blow. She could only assume it was punishment for ‘taking’ Willow away from Harvey Mudd, despite that being Willow’s decision all on her own.

And that fit to Willow's comment later:
Quote:
“My grandma was allergic, the mean one. She gave me her red hair and hopefully nothing else. She almost died during open-heart surgery. We were all surprised to find she even had one.”

Considering that Willow spoke fondly of Ira's mom in "Inevitable", the mean grandma must have been Sheila's mother. So Sheila probably didn't receive much love from her mother as a child and might even have been abused by her.
But that still doesn't excuse how she mistreated Tara and also Willow in this time of crisis.

Quote:
“We’re taking you back to Sunnydale, sweetheart,” Sheila called back in a trite and placating voice.

“Sheila, I thought you spoke to her already,” Ira said in hushed tones.

Quote:
There was a sudden skid as Ira, in an uncharacteristically flustered moment, spun around back toward the city.

I can't imagine what Sheila told Ira that made him think she could convince Willow to stay with them in Sunnydale instead of home with Tara during her reconvalescence. No matter what lies she told him, he should have known his daughter better!

Quote:
In one fell movement, she lifted Willow right up in her arms and stared at Sheila without breaking her gaze.

Sheila’s eyes narrowed and she spun on her heel. Ira left Willow’s belongings inside the door, kissed Willow’s forehead, and schlepped along after his wife.

“Call us if you need anything.”

Tara stared down the car until it was gone. She was sure Sheila was staring back through the rearview mirror.

Willow watched too, then glanced up unsurely at Tara.

“As extremely sexy as this is, you can put me down now if you want.”

Tara looked down at Willow and did start to feel the heaviness in her arms. She stood inside, kicked the door closed, and carried Willow straight into the bedroom to lay her down on the bed.

I second Willow that Tara's show of strength (both physical and of will) is extremely sexy! I think we know who'll carry whom over the threshhold after their wedding...

Quote:
Tara was biting back tears.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Willow murmured, her tiredness showing again, “I know you had to work.”

Tara sniffled. Sheila clearly hadn’t said anything about their encounter and she wasn’t about to either. She kissed Willow’s forehead, lingering there.

“Let me go get you a drink.”

Before Willow could protest, Tara had rushed off. She composed herself in the bathroom for a moment before getting Willow some Gatorade and her pharmacy bag.

Quote:
“I can’t believe my parents tried to kidnap me. I wish they’d stop thinking they know what’s best for me better than I do.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s opposite arm comfortingly. She held back her true opinion.

“If they felt anything like I did I’m sure they were just scared out of their minds.”

“They could have asked me,” Willow reasoned, her voice drifting off to another place again.

“They should have,” Tara agreed, quickly wanting to drop the issue, “But you’re home now. And you could use another little rest. I’ll go make some dinner while you sleep.”

She fluffed Willow’s pillow and kissed her as she fixed the blanket. Miss Kitty jumped on the bed and Tara plucked her up so she wouldn’t crawl over Willow.

She carried Miss Kitty out to the living room and decided to play with her for a few minutes before starting dinner. She could use the de-stressing as she thought of how Willow’s parents, particularly Sheila, had acted over the past 24 hours.

She rolled her eyes but let that be it — she wouldn’t be the one who came between Willow and her parents.

While I approve that Tara didn't tell Willow the truth about Sheila's abhorring behaviour in these particular circumstances (Willow with fresh stitches and under strong pain medication) I think she should not keep this from her once she is fully healed. And they should definitely give each other power of attorney for medical emergencies so no relative or magical staff member can exclude them in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:46 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Oof, I want to punch Sheila. This is gonna come to a head soon, I feel so bad for Tara. Obviously sad for Willow but yeah, this was hard to read. Another great chapter though, can’t wait for more!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:00 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
Laragh wrote:
“You’re earning money from DJ Tarot Inc.”

“It’s an LLC,” Willow corrected softly.

Of course Willow made sure to make it a legit company.

Laragh wrote:
We’re a team. And I want to be equal partners.”

:wtkiss :applause

Laragh wrote:
“I could introduce a tagging system!”

She blushed and settled back down, catching her breath.

“Got myself a little too excited there.”

:rofl me too, Will, me too.

Laragh wrote:
“I’m determined to get you up on the kitchen counter.”

Too bad they do not have a washer/dryer.

Laragh wrote:
That’s asking this Klutzilla for a trip to the emergency room.”

Foreshadowing to later in the chapter, minus it being for a Klutzilla reason.

Laragh wrote:
“Hello? This is Tara…Tara Maclay.”

Ugh... noo don't call them until AFTER, Tara!

Laragh wrote:
she was certain no one had bothered to tell Willow that she was in town

Of course not. Why tell your only child you are in the area? :gnome

Laragh wrote:

“I’m her girlfriend.”

UGHHH ok so 1. she is 18, so Sheila has zero claims to say who can and cannot be in the room. 2. If I were the security there and arrived (I worked as a Security Supervisor in a major Trauma hospital for a few years), then I would never had had escorted Tara out, especially since we know she wouldn't be the one causing a seen. 3. I wish Tara would have known that even if Sheila called to end the insurance that moment, it would still last until the end of the month and cover that emergency.

Laragh wrote:
“She had to leave,” Sheila cut in curtly.

Laragh wrote:

:crash

Laragh wrote:
Tara looked at Willow lying in her arms in alarm and up at the Rosenbergs. In one fell movement, she lifted Willow right up in her arms and stared at Sheila without breaking her gaze.

Sheila’s eyes narrowed and she spun on her heel

GO TARA!

Laragh wrote:

Laragh wrote:
She held back her true opinion.

Laragh wrote:

Nope, she needs to tell Willow exactly what happened. I am happy that Willow doesn't hold it against her, even if she thought it was just because she had to work, but huge red flag that Tara wasn't there when she woke or to take her home.

---------------
"In my world, we have people in chains and we can ride them like ponies." - Vamp Willow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:16 am 

No update for two weeks...I hope you are ok, Laragh.

I'm sitting in covid-isolation since Tuesday - thankfully only with "normal" cold symptoms so far. I hope that the booster is doing its job and the sickness will stay mild.

I don't want to pressure you Laragh, but I would be happy if I could read a new chapter during my isolation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption wrote:
No update for two weeks...I hope you are ok, Laragh.

I'm sitting in covid-isolation since Tuesday - thankfully only with "normal" cold symptoms so far. I hope that the booster is doing its job and the sickness will stay mild.

I don't want to pressure you Laragh, but I would be happy if I could read a new chapter during my isolation.
So sorry you got COVID! I just had surgery and have been recuperating but I'll see if I can crack open the laptop and get something up soon!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:42 am 

Quote:
I just had surgery and have been recuperating but I'll see if I can crack open the laptop and get something up soon!

Laragh, please don't try writing as long as you're not up to it just for my sake, I'd hate to cause problems in your recuperation process!
I hope that you are fully healed soon! :bigkiss

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:31 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I suck, I'm sorry. I'm trying my best to get something up.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:29 am 
5. Willowhand

Laragh wrote:
I suck, I'm sorry. I'm trying my best to get something up.

Love, I haven’t updated in months for less good reasons, don’t feel pressured. Do it in your own time, don’t stress! We can wait.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Resists urge for Viagra joke.

If it helps I'm still dining out on your last chapter, no need to rush, I'm happy, the others are traumatised. Its all good.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:02 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Just wanted to give you guys some reason for my absence. I've been struggling with some health issues and have to have some major surgery this summer to stop cancer from developing and spreading. I miss these guys and all of you so much and I'm hoping my recovery will give me a chance to write again. But I have not and will not forget about these guys - I've never left a fic unfinished yet and don't plan to start! But my brain has just been so uncooperative lately when I open the page.

Willow and Tara have gotten me through so much so I'm sure they'll patiently wait until the old noggin can string two words together again.

Love you guys and thanks for hanging on! :wtkiss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm 
5. Willowhand

So sorry you’re going through that Laragh that sounds awful, wishing you a fast recovery x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Laragh, take care of you. Sending lots of sparkly magic filled with quick healing and lots of comfort!!

So looking forward to catching up with this story and whatever comes next whenever it does

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Finally caught up!

Yes for Tara's DJ career skyrocketing! yeah it's thanks to Nate that it happened so quick but Tara obviously has the goods- one thing I really like about how describe Tara's DJing is that, even though she is in front of a crowd and she has lights and curtains and its all grand- it's still about Tara getting lost in creating, in her music.

And of course she and Willow make a perfect team - I couldn't find the line, but there was a moment when Tara brushed her hand over Willow's eyes as Willow is in excitable mode and tells her brain to go to sleep- it made me giggle while I melted from adorableness. So cute!

Fred is kooky lol - I love that she and Willow geek out together. Was the "I have a boyfriend line a call out to Willow saying she had a gf to Fred in Angel?

Yay for cohabitating lesbians! And for Anya getting out of Dodger Stadium (lol) - the girls need their space and Anya has a Xander to get to.

The Sheila part- oof. I get that she is scared but wow that was pretty cruel, Tara doesn't want to have Willow between herself and Sheila, and it definitely wasn't the right time to bring it up- but it's gotta come out- I imagine some rocky roads for those three down the line.

Take care of you Laragh- can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 am 

Hi Laragh, I fervently hope that your surgery went well and was sucessfull and that you are recuperating nicely.
I'm trying to send healing vibes your way. :bigkiss :flower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:46 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption wrote:
Hi Laragh, I fervently hope that your surgery went well and was sucessfull and that you are recuperating nicely.
I'm trying to send healing vibes your way. :bigkiss :flower

Thanks w_r! My surgery itself went great and then unfortunately I had complications... Staph infection, UTI and COVID all in two weeks! So I had to go back to hospital and have been home a couple of weeks now and I'm on the mend! I'm attached to this machine that helps heal my surgical wound so I still have a few weeks to go to full recuperation but W/T have been keeping my mind busy and I'm determined to get stuck back into this!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:42 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey all. Can't believe it's been nearly a year since I posted on this. When I finally recovered from my bout with cancer, I had only a few week period before my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I had to move into her place to take care of her.

The reason I say all of this, is I got some writing done in those few weeks and I was holding out posting to have plenty in the bag before my life fell apart. I figure there's no point in the chapters just sitting on my hard drive, so I'm going to start posting them weekly in the hopes it jump starts my joy a little and that I might find the wherewithal to continue.

Thanks to everyone still on this journey with me and I'll be back Wednesday, at least for a while but hopefully until completion!
:wtkiss forever

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The Blood Of The Covenant

I Am Your Next Of Kin
You See We're Family Underneath The Skin

Tara let herself into the apartment after the first half of her split shift.

Willow was sitting at the kitchen table, happily typing away at her laptop.

“Tara, it’s crazy!” she said, speaking as fast as she was typing, “I know I said I didn’t want DJ Tarot taking two weeks off just to take care of me but guess what!? Now you’re all mysterious and elusive and people just want you even more! I have people begging to be your first show back.”

Tara hadn’t even closed the door by the time Willow rattled all of that off.

“I see you’re getting stuck back into things.”

Willow nodded eagerly.

“I’m ready to get these stitches out and resume full normal life again,” she paused and looked up to Tara, arching an eyebrow, “There’s a lot of things I’ve missed. I mean, working on that tagging system for our app sure helped but it leaves a lot to be desired…sorting through all those photos…some of them had me thinking you need your own hall of fame.”

Tara’s cheeks lightly flushed.

“Are you ready to go to your appointment?”

Willow slid out of the chair.

“Yep. And once these stitches are gone you’ll see me jumping for joy because of it! Who needs an appendix anyway?! I feel lighter without it! 1.5 ounces specifically, notwithstanding all of the delicious meals you’ve been making and fattening me up with.”

Tara smiled and ducked her head.

“It’s great to see you feeling so well. We should go so we get to the hospital on time, though.”

“Yes!” Willow agreed and all but skipped over to Tara to take her hand.

Tara kissed the top of Willow’s head and paused for the briefest of moments, inhaling from Willow’s hair to combat her mid-afternoon slump.

She rubbed the curve of Willow’s hair and Willow playfully purred into Tara’s ear. She giggled and Tara expressed an effortless smile.

“Come on, love.”

She placed a hand splayed on the small of Willow’s back and walked them outside, pulling the door closed behind them.

They drove to the hospital clinic and waited patiently for Willow's name to be called. Tara wasn’t sure if she should go in but Willow didn’t let go of her hand so that decided for her.

“Don’t be scared, honey,” Tara said as Willow sat up on the table in the empty room they’d been directed into.

“I’m not,” Willow shook her head with a nervous smile, “Who doesn’t want giant staples ripped from their skin?”

Tara rubbed Willow’s arm with her thumb.

“My mom always says it’s painless when it’s done right.”

“I wish she was the one doing it,” Willow replied with a pout.

“You’ll be okay, sweetie,” Tara comforted softly.

The door opened and a nurse came over, picking out a pair of gloves from a box on the medical tray by Willow.

She snapped them on and approached the table.

“We’ll be getting your staples out today if all looks well,” she said before taking a moment to actually look at them. She arched an eyebrow, “I recognize you. I’m not going to have to call security again, am I?”

Willow frowned.

“Security?”

Tara swallowed softly.

“It’s fine,” she dismissed, keeping a quiver out of her voice, “It’s just me today.”

Willow sat up straighter, eyes flashing with concern.

“What are you talking about? What happened?”

“Nothing,” Tara insisted, unable to meet Willow’s gaze.

Willow’s eyes turned darker.

“Clearly, something did!”

“Stay calm please,” the nurse advised, then decided to make an attempt for privacy and picked out the instruments she needed slowly to give them a moment.

“Tara,” Willow pressed, mouth thin.

Tara’s eyes fell to the floor.

“Your mother just thought it was best if I…left. When you came back from surgery,” she said quietly, almost in a whisper.

Willow’s face went so red but her voice remained eerily calm.

“She… so, what? She called security on you?!”

Tara’s voice started to wobble as she kept her gaze fixed on the floor.

“I-I left before it got to that,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest, “She threatened your insurance, I didn’t…”

Willow’s knuckles were as white as the paper sheet below her. She bit her lip until she was able to speak in a calm tone.

“Can you go get me some water?”

Tara was grateful for the opportunity to hide the tears in her eyes.

“Yeah, sure. Of course.”

She left and Willow slowly released her hands until circulation had returned. The nurse approached but Willow wasn’t one bit concerned about her staples anymore. She looked up at the nurse earnestly.

“How do I change my next of kin?”

Tara let them back into the apartment post staple extraction and silently closed the door.

She hadn’t said much since returning with Willow’s water, at which point the staple removal had happened with little fanfare.

Her sudden descent into reticence was a bad sign: Willow knew Tara and knew she only did that when she was feeling extremely down on herself.

Funnily enough, she didn’t want to kill her mother. She wasn’t even thinking about her. All she cared about was Tara.

With her abdomen now free of any metal entrapment, Willow closed her arms around Tara’s neck and kissed the soft spot where it met her shoulder.

“How about we go to bed for the rest of the day and forget about everything?”

She kissed the hollow of Tara’s throat and felt the deep swallow protrude against her lips.

Tara sighed heavily.

“I have to finish my shift.”

Willow sighed too, though softer, and rested her forehead on Tara’s chest.

“Oh, yeah. Right.”

“I’m sorry,” Tara whispered.

Willow brought her hands down on Tara’s shoulders.

“No big deal,” she smiled softly, “I’ll just be waiting for you when you get home.”

She kissed Tara’s lips and Tara did linger.

“I’ll bring dinner, okay?”

Willow nodded and smiled.

“Great. I have, um, a few appointments to make.”

They said their goodbyes and Willow stood in the empty living room sighing until Miss Kitty came over and weaved herself between her legs. Willow picked her up and petted her head.

“Come on, Miss Kitty. We have some wrongs to make right.”

Willow’s feet flicked from side to side in bed as she waited for Tara to finish brushing her teeth.

She bit her lip in anticipation as she watched Tara’s butt pressed the mattress into a sag. She tried to wait a respectable three seconds as Tara lay down before rolling on top of her. She pecked Tara’s lips and nuzzled her nose.

“Hey.”

Tara was smiling but it was jaded. Willow reached up and touched her cheek.

“Are you too tired?”

“No,” Tara shook her head and turned her lips into Willow’s neck, “Can we go slow?”

“Mmhm,” Willow agreed with a happy munch on Tara’s throat.

She felt Tara swallow and a shiver shot through her spine. She lifted her forehead onto Tara’s and kissed her slowly, plumping Tara’s lips until they naturally parted and she could slip her tongue in with a languid pressure.

“Like this?” she whispered.

“Yeah,” Tara agreed through a soft exhale.

Willow’s hand curved around Tara’s hip and pushed up, taking Tara’s top with it. She cupped Tara’s nude breast and used her other hand to pull Tara’s top over her head.

She knew she was getting too excited for Tara’s request of ‘slow’ but then Tara was pulling at Willow’s clothing and Willow was happy to be bared. Kneeling back with her sleep shorts hanging off her ankle, she felt Tara’s lips ghost against her scar and her eyelids fluttered having those lips so close to between her legs.

She rubbed her hand down Tara’s spine and felt an aborted nuzzle to the same spot, then wetness. And not the kind of wetness she hoped to feel of Tara.

“Baby?” she asked softly, looking down, but Tara wouldn’t look at her.

Willow turned Tara’s face to her and saw tears streaming down her cheeks. Tara suddenly burst into tears. Willow was startled but it didn’t even take a half-second for her to pull Tara close.

“Baby!” she exclaimed, closing her arms around Tara’s back, “Hey…Tara…sweetie, what’s wrong?”

Tara clung to Willow; arms around her neck as she sobbed in the same place. She made some intelligible sounds so Willow just continued to soothe her with soft noises and back rubs.

Eventually, Tara quietened to just hiccupping and then just regular, synced breathing. Willow gently stroked Tara’s hair and Tara raised her head though wouldn’t meet Willow’s eye.

“I-I’m so ashamed,” she said so quietly even Willow barely heard.

“Ashamed?” Willow asked in confusion.

That was not a word she ever associated with Tara.

She had been the one to carry that burden and Tara had been the one to pull her out of it.

Tara looked up and Willow felt shocked by the torment playing out in her beautiful girlfriend’s sweet eyes.

“I shouldn’t have left, I should never have left.”

Willow was bewildered and taken aback. It took her a moment to figure out what Tara was saying.

“Do you mean at the hospital? When my mom was being a bitch?” she asked softly and Tara looked away, indicating Willow was right.

Willow exhaled sharply. She’d only known about the incident since this afternoon, but Tara had clearly been carrying shame since it happened. She remembered how Tara had tried to deny it at all.

“Baby,” she said, gripping Tara’s shoulders so Tara was forced to look up, “You are not the one who did anything wrong. What you did was love me by making sure my insurance wouldn’t be revoked. You are the one who showed any actual caring for me. All of this was bullshit and I’m going to make sure it never happens again, okay?”

She cupped Tara’s face.

“Please, Tara. Even if…even if you did let me down. Which you DIDN’T,” she emphasized with her words and eyes, “Please come to me. You would want me to do the same.”

Tara sniffled and quickly nodded.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah,” Willow agreed softly and kissed Tara in an equal manner, “I think we should get some rest and we’ll talk all of this out in the morning, okay?”

Tara’s eyes hung heavy but unburdened.

“Yes.”

Willow lifted the blanket and snuggled up her front to Tara’s back so they could spoon.

“Do you want pjs?” she whispered after pulling the blanket down.

“No,” Tara answered clearly.

“Me either,” Willow smiled and would her arm around Tara’s waist, “I love you, Tare-Bear. And I know you love me. That is the one truth I hold over all others.”

She kissed the back of Tara’s neck.

“The second is how good of a snuggler I am.”

Tara let out a quiet laugh. It was a victory and a drug for Willow.

“Goodnight, love.”

She felt Tara settle as their feet entwined.

“Goodnight, love.”

Willow was peering in the oven door at her lasagna, pouting that the cheese hadn’t melted yet.

“Bubble bubble toil and trouble?” she tried but the cheese resisted, “I wish spells really worked. I’d do all kinds of things.”

She stood up straight.

“And yes, self, I do know I’m talking to myself out loud!”

Before she could begin to argue with herself, the door opened. Willow excitedly bounced over.

“Hey you!” she greeted Tara with a lip-smacking smooch, “You sneaked out this morning without waking me up.”

Tara had to spend a moment processing the kiss as she closed the door.

“I had to go to work early for stock take.”

“Would have taken a kiss goodbye,” Willow replied with a soft smile and lingering look.

Tara dropped her purse by the closet.

“I’m just going to go wash my hands.”

Willow reluctantly stepped aside and allowed Tara into the apartment properly.

Willow blew out a breath through shaken lips. She went over and pretended to be busy with a salad she’d already tossed. When Tara returned from the bathroom, Willow offered a smile across the room.

“I made dinner.”

Tara reached up and tucked some hair behind her ear.

“That’s nice to come home to.”

Willow wouldn’t call Tara standoffish exactly, but she would expect her girlfriend to usually come up and hold her in such a position; have a nuzzle and talk about their day.

“Uh huh but our oven is crap so we'll be holding on forever,” she said with a smile and left the salad spoons down to turn to Tara, “Or a few minutes at least. I’d like to talk if that’s okay?”

Tara looked down but nodded quietly.

Willow held out her hand and Tara took it, allowing herself to be led to the couch. She seemed to sit uncomfortably at first until Willow swung Tara’s legs over her lap and started to play with the ends of Tara’s hair. Tara leaned into Willow on the back of the affection, making Willow smile.

“So last night…” she broached carefully, softly.

Tara started to wince but Willow’s smile just bloomed.

“Was wonderful,” finished to a surprised and confused look from Tara, “I mean, I’m so sorry you were upset. But I’m so glad you were able to be so vulnerable with me. I know it’s usually been me who’s had to lean on you but I’m so glad you know you can lean on me too. That’s what my arms are meant for, to hold you through all the seasons.”

Tara leaned her head down fully on Willow’s shoulder but hid her face in Willow’s shirt. Willow stroked her hair for a moment, then frowned softly.

“You’re embarrassed,” she deduced and kissed the top of Tara’s head, “Why?”

Tara let out a slight groan and peered up enough just for Willow to spot some red cheeks.

“We were in the middle of…”

“Is THAT what you’re worried about?!” Willow asked but guessed that wasn’t the best response when Tara’s cheeks just reddened further, “Hey. I felt more intimate holding you last night than I do sometimes making love.”

Tara’s face softened. Willow cupped her cheek.

“Just so you know, this is how I felt for so much of our early relationship. This… kinda shame you're telling me about? And I never felt judged by you once.”

“I just wanted to make you feel better about yourself,” Tara recalled, admittedly finding it harder to handle the feelings of shame and guilt than it was to absolve Willow of the same.

“And that’s what I want for you,” Willow replied with such sincerity that the patchy holes in Tara’s psyche started to be healed by love, “And I might just have a way. Guess what I did today?”

Tara couldn’t help but smile at Willow’s eager, tongue-poking grin.

“Did you eat frogs legs?” she asked with a soft, crooked smile.

Willow visibly gagged and had to hold her throat.

“Are you trying to put me off my dinner?”

“Sorry, sorry,” Tara even let out a small laugh, “Did you mix peanut butter and fruit loops again?”

Willow pouted sternly.

“You are preoccupied with holding me accountable for things I did when I was six.”

Tara could only kiss that pout; a keep peck that was quicker to disappear.

Tara bumped Willow’s nose and Willow saw 'her' Tara emerging again.

“What did you do today?”

Willow took in a long breath.

“I made a will.”

Tara’s face made a look that Willow couldn’t quite discern.

“Oh.”

“Technically what I made was a living will, what with my lack of assets,” Willow amended quickly.

“Right…” Tara nodded, though her tone indicated she wasn’t so sure.

Willow took both sets of Tara’s hands.

“What it says, in a legally-binding type way, is that should I ever be incapacitated, then it’s you I want to make decisions for me.”

Tara gasped softly.

“I will never let what happened in that hospital to you happen again,” Willow continued emphatically, “You know me better than anyone. Better than myself. And I know it’s you and only you will make the right decisions. Only you who’s earned the right to make those decisions. So. So… I hope that’s okay?”

Willow’s lips suddenly went dry.

“I-I should have asked first. I was going to but you went all sneaking-out-early gal and—”

Willow was shut up by Tara’s lips.

Willow felt Tara’s fingers on her jaw and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up.

“Darling…” Tara breathed against Willow’s lips.

“I only did what should have always been assumed,” Willow replied softly, “And I’m looking into my insurance too so they can’t hang anything over me. Individual plan hunting is…unpleasant. But I’ll figure it out.”

Tara nodded.

“I actually kind of know about the unpleasantness. Now that I’m earning good money I’ve tried to look into insurance to take the burden off my Mom, which she won’t take any money for.”

One of Willow’s eyebrows arched softly.

“Maybe we could look into a family plan. We could get a good rate routed through the business.”

Tara’s eyes shone with happiness.

“Yes. Yes, that’s a great idea. And I want to do this, too. This living will.”

Willow shook her head.

“No, your mom. She knows stuff, medical stuff. It should be her.”

Tara paused.

“Okay. But I’ll be having a conversation with her, letting her know I expect your opinion to matter. If there’s any opposition to that…I’m doing it.”

Willow smiled.

“I trust her. I trust you.”

They leaned into each other again and held each other’s cheeks as they kissed. Their bodies started moving toward each other and Tara finally broke away with a soft pant and an arched eyebrow.

“Do you wanna finish what we started last night?”

Willow grinned.

She quickly linked her fingers with Tara’s and tugged at them. She felt Tara’s front brush against her back as they both stood and hurried into the bedroom.

Willow turned and pushed the door closed as they both stepped over the threshold then grabbed Tara by her shirt and pulled her in to kiss. Tara settled her hands on Willow’s hips but they only rested there for a second before she began pulling at Willow’s top.

Nimble fingers loosened buttons until the back of Willow’s knees hit the bed and she fell back with an open shirt and a red bra on display. Tara’s eyes twinkled with delight as she climbed over Willow and dropped her head into warm skin ensconced in the lace.

Willow tilted her head back so her chest would strain further against Tara’s lips and stroked her hair to encourage the kisses and love nips being bathed over the exposed swell of her breasts.

One of Tara’s hands rose to the cup of Willow’s bra, pulling it down so her breast popped out and Tara could take the nipple in her mouth.

Willow moaned and her thighs clamped together as her steady trickle suddenly burst forth with a huge gush. Tara flicked her fingers on her other hand up Willow’s thigh in a feather-light motion before gracefully pushing her hand into the seam of Willow’s pants between her legs.

“Fuck,” Willow groaned, throwing an arm over her eyes as her body jerked in simultaneous arousal and annoyance.

She both heard and felt Tara chuckle and it drove her wild.

She started to pull Tara’s head up to her, allowing brief stop-offs for kisses on her collarbone and neck, before planting their lips together in a smoldering liplock to release some of the energy buzzing on her skin.

She maneuvered them up to the pillows and continued her shimmying skills to try and guide Tara’s thigh between her legs, where her jeans were concealing a throbbing, wet mess.

Tara complied and offered about 30 glorious seconds of pressure that made Willow’s head swirl, before pulling away.

Willow moaned in protest into their kiss and Tara pulled away with a shaken breath.

“I’m gonna take them off,” she whispered in reassurance as her hands slid down to Willow’s hips and inward to the button on her pants.

She released it with a silent pop and pushed her finger down through the zipper, briefly touching the top of Willow’s mound as it skated by.

Willow’s thighs twitched at the barely-there contact and she took in a sharp breath as the material of her pants rushed past.

Tara leaned down and kissed Willow’s thighs; one, then the other with pillowy lips sinking into warm skin. She hooked one finger into the crotch of Willow’s underwear and after a little rub against her slick lips, Tara tugged the fabric down and off.

Willow relished having her thighs free to clamp together and provide momentary relief from the ache between them. Tara began to climb over again but Willow brought her knees up to stop her.

“Yours too,” she panted lightly.

Tara caught the belt loops of her black work slacks and pushed them down over her hips until they pooled at her ankles. She put one knee on the bed but Willow pushed her back with an open palm on Tara’s chest.

“Yours. Too.”

Tara smirked and stepped back again, pushing her panties over her thighs to join her pants on the floor. She kneeled on the end of the bed, either side of Willow’s feet, and began to unbutton her plain white blouse.

She moved an inch forward with each button until it was free enough to shrug over her shoulders. It had barely whooshed past her before Willow had pulled Tara down to kiss her chest and rid her of that black, respectable but oh-so-delectable bra she was wearing.

Tara, courteous as ever, helped Willow with her unbuttoned shirt and bra until they pressed together at every point and just gently grinded against each other.

“Your skin is like silk,” Willow moaned into Tara’s neck as their breasts heaved together and legs pressed into each other.

Her hands took handfuls of Tara’s back, pulling her closer in the process until their sweat was squashed on formation.

Tara’s hand found the swell of Willow’s breast between them and closed it in her palm; relishing the soft squeeze and how hard Willow’s nipples were in comparison.

Her squeezes became more intense as moans spilled out into Willow’s mouth and she rolled them over so she was on top. Her hand dropped and pulled Willow’s knee over her hip before falling back into the softness waiting below.

“You’re so wet,” she panted as two fingers glided along Willow’s lips.

“It’s been two weeks,” Willow groaned, “And it’s not like you stopped changing in front of me or reaching into the high cabinets or doing that thing with your face…”

“What thing?” Tara asked breathlessly.

“Having it,” Willow replied and pulled Tara’s cheeks into a fresh kiss.

While her mouth was suitably occupied, Tara twirled her fingers to coat them in Willow’s generous arousal before rolling them over Willow’s engorged clit.

“Holy—” the rest of Willow’s words got lost in a mumble through a bitten lip as her neck arched into the pillows.

Tara rubbed quickly back and forth until Willow was quivering so hard that Tara could feel the vibrations on her own skin.

“I’m going to make you feel incredible,” Tara promised in a whisper as she dropped her hand and slid two fingers effortlessly inside Willow.

Immediately, Willow’s inner muscles clamped Tara inside and they let out a similar moan, though at a different pitch.

Tara used her other hand to hold Willow’s knee at her hip to keep her as open as possible as she enjoyed plunging in and out of every millimeter of Willow’s walls.

Willow had one hand threaded in Tara’s hair while the other hand took a handful of Tara’s butt, pulling her in tighter and tighter.

“Baby,” Willow moaned against Tara’s lips, “Oh god, you feel incredible.”

“I told you…” Tara play-whispered and Willow’s head sunk back into the pillows with a groan.

Tara bit under Willow’s chin where her throat began at the exact same moment as she pushed her thumb back up and over Willow’s clit.

Willow cried out with both hands tightening in their respective spots; pulling fresh hairs from Tara’s scalp and leaving short nail indents on her butt.

Tara felt the gush over her fingers and then felt her own arousal spill out onto her thighs. She slowed her fingers to ride out Willow’s orgasm while closing her eyes to savor every contraction and grind of skin.

Eventually, Willow’s grip on Tara’s body loosened and her limbs flopped onto the mattress, boneless.

Tara’s body was buzzing but she was patient; satisfying herself with gentle gropes of Willow’s breasts and grinding herself on the sheet — using Willow’s leg would be sure to send her over and she too had felt the deprivation of Willow’s touch for two weeks. She needed more.

When Willow began to respond again, Tara teased her tongue into Willow’s mouth just enough to leave her wanting.

As Willow’s head rose, seeking, Tara gently slapped Willow’s outer thigh.

“Sit up.”

Willow very much liked that it was a command.

She shuffled up until her back was against the wall and tilted her chin up for Tara’s lips while pulling Tara’s thighs over her lap in an open ‘v’ shape.

She splayed her fingers so her thumbs brushed against Tara’s soft, wet curls, which only encouraged Tara to spread herself even more.

“Now who’s wet?” Willow murmured with a smirk against Tara’s lips as her hand fell between them.

“It’s your fault, so fix it,” Tara murmured back and pushed herself against Willow’s hand.

Willow dragged her fingers along Tara’s length and teased her mouth with kisses as she avoided the most sensitive spots.

Tara’s moans were little vocalized begs until Willow finally thrust two fingers inside her.

Tara threw her head back and slowly rolled her body until she took every inch being offered. She placed one palm on the wall behind them and started to quicken the roll of her hips, making her whole body bounce accordingly.

It didn’t take long for Willow’s attention to be focused on one particular heaving part of Tara’s body, which Tara found all the more arousing. She watched Willow fixate on her until she needed things to be kicked up a notch and reached down to adjust Willow’s wrist.

This stirred Willow enough to look up with eager and earnest eyes.

“More,” Tara requested breathlessly.

“What?” Willow asked, licking her lips.

“Everything,” Tara replied with a groan followed by a long moan as Willow offered just that.

Tara’s jaw shook with the intensity of feeling more Willow; harder; faster; deeper.

“Yes…Yes, Willow, yes…”

Her body bounced with even more furor this time and as Tara felt herself starting to unravel inside she took Willow's concerted gaze and pulled her girlfriend’s head right into her breasts. On contact, she exploded inside; her head turning up to the ceiling while a silent cry shook free from her lips.

Her head then dropped on Willow’s shoulder and she felt Tara’s whole body shudder from inside of her. It made them share a long sigh of satisfaction.

When her heartbeat calmed to only being in her chest, Tara kissed Willow’s forehead and slid down to lie on the mattress with lazy limbs and a smile on her face.

Willow rubbed her face for a moment before exhaling and scooting down to curl into Tara’s side. Tara rubbed two fingers over the top of Willow’s spine and Willow bent her leg over Tara’s midsection.

“Sorry, I got kind of…engrossed there.”

Tara chuckled.

“Yeah, you do that,” she said and smiled down with mirth, “I call it your titty trance.”

Willow’s head popped up, her mouth open in shock.

“You call it my WHAT?!”

Tara cocked her head curiously.

“What would you call it?”

Willow blinked rapidly.

“It’s not like…a ‘thing’!”

Tara chuckled again.

“It’s definitely a ‘thing’.”

Willow harrumphed indignantly.

“Well stop having such nice titties then,” she said as she pressed a flat hand over them and settled in on Tara’s stomach. She patted there for a moment before glancing up, “Are you…feeling better?”

Tara smiled softly, nodded, and kissed the bridge of Willow’s nose. She reached over and ran her hand over the raised skin of Willow’s scar.

“What about you?”

Willow leaned up to bump noses with Tara.

“If you’re happy, I’m happy,” she said, brushing Tara’s cheek with one finger, “If you’re sad, I’m sad.”

She grinned and waggled her eyebrows.

“If you’re horny, I’m horny.”

They folded into each other with silent creases of laughter until Willow suddenly jolted up.

“My lasagna!”

She ran out butt-naked, only remembering to grab her robe from the back of the door at the last second to avoid flashing the whole of their street from the kitchen windows. Tara got out of bed at a slower pace and wrapped the tie of her robe around her completely before exiting into the living area.

“Is it burned to a crisp?”

Willow turned from the oven, holding a bubbly, cheesy dish that was wafting a delicious smell.

“It’s perfect,” Willow grinned, “We could probably have a coital amuse-bouche before every meal you know, given how long this thing takes to cook.”

Tara walked over slowly and smiled crookedly.

“Or we could get Cris in to fix the thermometer.”

Willow shrugged one shoulder.

“My way sounds more fun.”

Tara kissed Willow’s cheek.

“I’ll get the plates.”

Willow brought the dish over to the table and put it on a mat. Tara joined with plates and silverware and Willow pulled her chair out for her.

“So chivalrous,” Tara smiled and tapped Willow’s hand affectionately.

“I love you,” Willow replied, and smiled at Tara for a long moment before cutting into the lasagna, “You want a corner piece?”

“Yes, please,” Tara held up her plate.

Willow etched out the nicest, cheesiest, gooiest piece of pasta she could find and handed it off to Tara, who made a comment about a yummy-face and started to dig in.

Willow knew whatever emotions were to cross that face, she wanted to gaze upon it forever.

But at this moment, a yummy-face was perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

When I saw you were going to post again I had a bit of excitement about it but it was mainly overridden by the joy of the knowledge that you reconnected with your muse again. Be it fleeting or otherwise.

This chapter is proof that no matter how long life repeatedly kicks, nothing will make you lose the talent you have honed into true skill over the years. No matter how long you have to take breaks, Willow and Tara are forever lucky to be your writing subjects.

I may not be great at times at knowing how to empathically communicate online when talking about arts but I will be here to support your endeavours. The connection you build and display between characters will always be something I'll aspire to conquer.

So If you find a napkin you scribbled on go missing, a notepad taken from under the bed or discover a Roomba trying to eat your laptop, You just might have a Dub in the house. *Cue Gremlins theme*

Also holding out hope for more Emmy. Hi Emmy Hi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
Also holding out hope for more Emmy. Hi Emmy Hi.

Ooh, Emmy! I had actually forgotten about Emmy. She was in a band, there's definitely ways I could have her show up. Hmm.....

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - March 29th 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:35 am 

Yay, you're back !!! :dumbo :bounce :banana
I'm glad to hear that you successfully battled cancer and very sorry for the news about your mom. I wish you all the strength you need as her caretaker. :bigkiss

I'm swamped with work and therefore don't have time for a detailed feedback but I loved the new chapter. I'm glad how well Willow handled the reveal about Sheila's actions in the last chapter and that she was able to free Tara from the emotional burden she carried because of them.

Quote:
“How do I change my next of kin?”

My advice: marry Tara! :wink

But since that would need much more preperation the living will was a great solution.

Quote:
“Yes. Yes, that’s a great idea. And I want to do this, too. This living will.”

Willow shook her head.

“No, your mom. She knows stuff, medical stuff. It should be her.”

Tara paused.

“Okay. But I’ll be having a conversation with her, letting her know I expect your opinion to matter. If there’s any opposition to that…I’m doing it.”

Willow smiled.

“I trust her. I trust you.”

Maybe Tara should make a living will and give power of attorney to Willow and her mom in it? She would have to in germany because otherwise her mother wouldn't be able to decide for her as an adult, either.

I loved the "coital amuse-bouche" scene - very drool-worthy with a cherry of funny on top:
Quote:
“I call it your titty trance.”

Willow’s head popped up, her mouth open in shock.

“You call it my WHAT?!”

Tara cocked her head curiously.

“What would you call it?”

Willow blinked rapidly.

“It’s not like…a ‘thing’!”

Tara chuckled again.

“It’s definitely a ‘thing’.”

Willow harrumphed indignantly.

“Well stop having such nice titties then,” she said as she pressed a flat hand over them and settled in on Tara’s stomach.

:lol Awww Willow, you don't mean that!

Now I'm happy that I'll only have to wait a few hours for the next chapter...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub

Quote:
When I saw you were going to post again I had a bit of excitement about it but it was mainly overridden by the joy of the knowledge that you reconnected with your muse again. Be it fleeting or otherwise.

She is but a fickle beast but likes when I feed her cheetos

Quote:
This chapter is proof that no matter how long life repeatedly kicks, nothing will make you lose the talent you have honed into true skill over the years. No matter how long you have to take breaks, Willow and Tara are forever lucky to be your writing subjects.

:cry Thank you. That means so much.

Quote:
I may not be great at times at knowing how to empathically communicate online when talking about arts but I will be here to support your endeavours. The connection you build and display between characters will always be something I'll aspire to conquer.

So If you find a napkin you scribbled on go missing, a notepad taken from under the bed or discover a Roomba trying to eat your laptop, You just might have a Dub in the house. *Cue Gremlins theme*

Hey, as long as you let me borrow your jaunty green jacket!

Thanks for commenting :)

(PS My brain is only wired one way lately apparently, so skip between 'something like that' to 'I'm gonna pass out'

Will's redemption

Will's r! My old pal! How the heck are ya?

Quote:
Yay, you're back !!! :dumbo :bounce :banana
I'm glad to hear that you successfully battled cancer and very sorry for the news about your mom. I wish you all the strength you need as her caretaker. :bigkiss

This is very much appreciated, thank you!

Quote:
I'm swamped with work and therefore don't have time for a detailed feedback but I loved the new chapter. I'm glad how well Willow handled the reveal about Sheila's actions in the last chapter and that she was able to free Tara from the emotional burden she carried because of them.

I do love a little bit of Willow character growth!

Quote:
My advice: marry Tara! :wink

But since that would need much more preperation the living will was a great solution.

All in good time, I promise!

Quote:
Maybe Tara should make a living will and give power of attorney to Willow and her mom in it? She would have to in germany because otherwise her mother wouldn't be able to decide for her as an adult, either.

This is a good idea!

Quote:
I loved the "coital amuse-bouche" scene - very drool-worthy with a cherry of funny on top:

Glad you liked it!

Quote:
:lol Awww Willow, you don't mean that!

Definitely not :wink

Quote:
Now I'm happy that I'll only have to wait a few hours for the next chapter...

Later in the evening than I anticipated but life is like that for me lately.

Thank you so, so much for your feedback, as always, it is so appreciated.

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Another Weekend For The Books

'Cause When You Look Into My Eyes
You Are A Wonderful Surprise

“You the DJ?”

A middle-aged man with sleek salt-and-pepper highlighted hair and a dyed black beard approached and peered through oversized glasses. He looked like he was trying way too hard to keep in vogue with the clientele downing cocktails at the bar, which was on the opposite side of the hallway he was standing in with Willow and Tara.

Tara politely stuck out her hand.

“Hi, yes, I’m Tara,” she said, continuing to smile despite a mealy handshake in return, “And this is my manager, Willow.”

“I prefer hype-woman,” Willow jutted in, grinning at Tara.

Tara smiled back and bumped Willow’s shoulder, then looked seriously back at the ‘music supervisor’, or so his name tag said. Along with the name ‘Cabana’ which sounded like the name of the establishment, but was the name of the person.

They certainly didn't want to know that conception story.

“But she is my manager, so any queries can go through her,” Tara finished.

Willow nodded diligently.

“I am an excellent query-resolver. 2-hour response rate during business hours.”

At least for the rest of the summer until she had a class load to take on on top of her workload, but Willow left that part out.

“Less than two minutes in person!”

Cabana narrowed his eyes behind his glasses.

“What age are you two even—” he started, then stopped with a dramatic flick of his wrist, “I don’t give a shit. You sold this place out faster than Ghastly in his early days. Keep making me bank and I’ll keep you on the books as long as you want.”

Tara shared a pleased look with Willow, who nodded back keenly. Cabana started to walk away behind some curtains.

“Let me show you where to get set up.”

Tara lifted the handle on her decks and Willow followed behind with Tara’s equipment bag on her back. They were led to the DJ booth and were left to set up. Once he left, Willow held up her fists to Tara, who bumped up and down before meeting her in the middle.

“Team Maclay,” Willow grinned, “Always winning.”

Tara laid out her decks and looked back over her shoulder to Willow.

“Darling, you should go home.”

Willow slowly pouted.

“But I always stay for your shows.”

Exactly,” Tara replied, arching an eyebrow as she got her tablet set up, “And I never resist the urge to find somewhere to…work out the post-show adrenaline.”

Willow smirked.

“I’m not complaining.”

Tara’s cheeks blushed lightly under the dark lights.

“We’ve had a good streak. Let’s not ruin it. Especially now we’re being so adult with our own insurance plan and everything. We have both of our jobs on the line now with these gigs.”

Willow came up behind Tara and snaked her arms around Tara’s midsection and her cheek on Tara’s shoulder.

“It’s so sexy when you’re all mature and stuff.”

Tara placed a hand over Willow’s on her stomach and squeezed it.

“Just wait until we resign our lease together.”

Willow nuzzled Tara’s shoulder and groaned; heard only to Tara as the high crooning of Ariana Grande drowned out anything outside of their bubble.

“You’re turning me on so much right now,” she said and turned so her chin was on Tara’s shoulder, “How about I stay BUT you sneak off to the bathroom after you finish and I’ll pack up? Just a short drive home and we can, uh, work on reigniting that adrenaline, what do you say?”

Tara slowly turned into Willow’s arms, holding her at the waist.

“You’ve seen this setlist 30 times.”

Willow popped a kiss on Tara’s lips.

“And I love it more each time.”

Tara leaned in and rested her forehead on Willow’s.

“You really are my hype-woman.”

Willow nodded; their foreheads moving together.

“I’m your everything-and-always woman,” she said sweetly, “You and me together.”

“Through the days and nights,” Tara intoned softly.

Willow nodded again.

“And I love it.”

She lifted her hand and patted Tara’s butt.

“Now go make those things sing. I’m going to get an Arnold Palmer. I will see you at a suitably composed time post-show. ‘Kay?”

Her winning smile set Tara’s blood pumping in just the way she needed to start hyping up this crowd. She took hold of the collar on Willow’s shirt and pulled her in for a long and smoldering kiss. She popped off and took in a deep breath.

“Now I am.”

Willow smirked again.

“Kill it. You always do.”

She winked as she headed back to find the entrance to the bar.

Tara shuddered on the spot and turned back to her equipment. She donned her oversized headphones and turned on her pre-show playlist to get her groove going.

As her name came over the speakers and the curtains opened, the first face she spotted supporting her in the crowd was Willow, as ever, sipping on her little straw and waggling her fingers in a wave.

With that smile spurring her on, Tara would never stop playing to impress.

“I’ve always liked owls.”

Willow turned her head toward Tara on the pillow they were sharing.

“I think it’s the Harry Potter nerd in me.”

“How are you feeling about that these days?” Tara asked quietly.

Willow sighed deeply.

“Tables turn, bridges burn, you live and learn,” she said, shaking her head, “Why’d you want to know my favorite bird anyway?”

Tara leaned her head in on the crook of Willow’s neck as they looked out the open window opposite their bed. She pondered the question she'd asked Willow moments before.

“I just think that bird out there is so beautiful. It’s so small but so colorful.”

Willow lifted her phone and snapped a picture which she ran through a search engine.

“Looks like it’s an ‘Anna’s Hummingbird’. Named after Anna Masséna, Duchess of Rivoli who was a French courtier which I think is Renaissance for royal-chaser.”

She used her thumb to scroll down and snorted.

“Hey look. I found my favorite bird. The tit.”

Tara took the phone from Willow’s hand and pressed in for further description. She turned to Willow and giggled.

“I found mine,” she said, twirling her finger at the screen, “The Willow tit.”

Willow’s eyes widened.

“No way,” she said, swiping the phone back and descending into laughter when she saw the screen, “Way!”

Tara snuggled back against Willow’s arm.

“Look how cute and chunky it is.”

“I have been rounding out a bit,” Willow patted her stomach, “My live-in girlfriend makes these killer pancakes…”

Tara kissed Willow’s cheek.

“You’re gorgeous,” she said with a sincere and serene smile, “And I'm always up for some bird watching.”

Her hand creeped under the covers and brushed Willow’s t— breast.

Willow closed her eyes and licked her lips as Tara’s fingers caught her nipple.

“You didn’t burn off all that adrenaline last night, huh?”

Tara left a feather-light kiss on Willow’s neck.

“This isn’t adrenaline,” she said, her voice becoming rough and throaty, “This is pure adoration for your beautiful, hot body.”

Her hand fully groped Willow’s breast, who moaned and dropped her head to meet Tara’s lips.

The blanket ended up above their heads as they shimmied close together and their hands got more adventurous. It lasted just moments before it was pulled back off.

“Summer in California is not the time for blanket forts,” Willow panted as she kicked the blanket to the floor.

She looked over at Tara, who had a sweaty brow with more forming. She leaned in and licked one bead as it fell. When she pressed their bodies together, she swore there was an audible sizzle.

Feeling her overheating body touch Tara’s, she blew out some air.

“When is Cris going to fix the A/C?”

“Miaow,” Miss Kitty agreed from her bed in the corner and flounced off to go lie on the cool tile.

Willow raised her eyebrows and grinned.

“Wait there,” she said as she jumped off the bed before quickly spinning back around, “Wait!”

“I heard you the first time,” Tara replied, bending one knee up.

“No, I was talking to myself!” Willow said as she threw open the closet door.

Tara enjoyed watching her girlfriend's little tushy shake.

“Got it!” Willow popped back up with one of Tara’s silk scarves.

She hopped back into Tara’s lap and started tying it around her eyes.

“Oh, okay,” Tara allowed it without question, “Are we doing a visualization to feel cool? Imagining plunging into a cool pool maybe?”

“Something like that,” Willow replied as she pulled the knot securely and slipped off the bed again.

She returned with a little bowl which she set on the nightstand silently.

“Will? Is that you?” Tara asked, turning her head to the sound of movement.

Willow sat in Tara’s lap to straddle her.

“Who else would it be?”

Tara brought her hands around and gripped Willow’s thighs.

“Well, you should have just opened your legs like this and I would have known it was you.”

Willow reached down and adjusted the scarf.

“You’re not supposed to be able to see.”

“I can’t,” Tara replied and her lips quirked up on one side, just reaching where the scarf sat over her face, “But I can smell.”

If Tara could see, she would have seen Willow blush to her toes.

“Lie back,” Willow instructed softly.

Tara did so and let her arms fall by her sides. Willow placed her hands palm-down on Tara’s stomach and pushed them up towards her breasts. She cupped them and squeezed, to a soft sigh from Tara.

After a few generous squeezes, and perhaps an extra for good measure, her hands continued to move up over Tara’s collarbone and on to rub her shoulders and neck. Tara strained her neck for more of the touch; even letting out a soft moan.

“That feels really nice.”

Willow brought her hands up to Tara’s face and just used one finger on either side to trace Tara’s features. As one finger patted Tara’s jaw, the other reached for the bowl and took what was inside between her thumb and index finger.

She placed it against Tara’s lips.

Tara hissed and shivered as the cold ice melted against her skin. She felt rivulets fall off her chin and evaporate on her hot skin. She moaned and opened her mouth to let what was left fall in.

Willow let the ice fall from her fingertips and lowered her mouth to Tara’s. The ice melted between their mouths as they passed it back and forth on their tongues.

Tara cupped the back of Willow’s head to deepen the kiss even more. Willow accepted this and slid one hand down Tara’s side, over her hip, and back up again.

Once she’d done that a few times and knew Tara was sufficiently distracted by the kiss, she took another melting cube and ran it over Tara’s other lips.

Tara pulled away from the kiss with a gasp and arched her hips right off the bed. Willow felt her blood rush hotly at the sight.

She reached up to pull Tara’s blindfold just above her eyes, allowing her to see out. She pressed what remained of the ice down Tara’s chest and lowered her head to lick the trickling droplets left behind. She made sure to keep Tara’s gaze the whole time.

The last drop was caught right at the apex of Tara’s thighs but Tara didn’t allow Willow to go any further. She pulled Willow back up and rolled her onto her back where her cold core knocked against Willow’s heat.

Willow shuddered.

Tara whipped the blindfold off from around her head and put it around Willow’s eyes while they were closed.

She ducked her head and spent a minute soothing Willow’s rock-hard nipples before moving up to leave open-mouth kisses on her neck. Bending one of Willow’s knees, she spread her legs atop her girlfriend.

Willow’s head was darting all over the place as she tried to anticipate what would happen next but still let out a long groan when Tara guided her hand between them and she felt the initial blast of cold skin and then deep warmth inside Tara.

“Oh yes, you feel so good!”

“Not too hot?” Tara confirmed before they went any further.

“Bring on the heat stroke,” Willow replied and plunged her fingers deep inside Tara.

Tara let out a little grunt and quickly stabilized herself on top of Willow. Once they were locked into a good position, she brought her hand down between them and did to Willow what Willow was doing to her.

The room was clammy and it showed on their bodies; sweat poured off them and mixed on their skin. They slipped against each other with more and more ease until they had to do a quick change onto their sides to prevent any accidental headbutts or knees to sensitive areas.

Tara pulled the blindfold off of Willow at that point as it was practically soaked into being see-through. Plus it would make it a lot easier to go where they wanted this to go if they could look at each other.

Willow’s heady eyes widened in delight as Tara’s face came into view and her hips immediately began to respond with the same glee.

Tara felt Willow’s insides turn molten and it turned on the faucet inside her. Her eyes shut tight as she felt the first waves inside her and everything exploded completely when she felt Willow contract in the same way.

They collapsed into each other as a panting mess that could barely move any limbs.

“I’m gonna pass out,” Willow groaned, then stretched with a happy pop of her muscles, “We should try a sauna sometime.”

“Have you forgotten Japan already?” Tara replied wryly.

Willow chuckled and rolled onto her back.

“I’ve never seen you look so embarrassed as when that little old Japanese lady ran after you screaming.”

Tara threw out her arm, which hit Willow’s stomach.

“Ow,” Willow pouted unconvincingly.

Tara glanced over and grinned crookedly.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” she said in a mocking voice as she crawled back over Willow, “How ever can I make it up to you?”

Willow let out a long, slow breath.

“Only you could turn me on again so quickly and so readily in this heat.”

Tara placed a kiss right above Willow’s belly button.

“Then you’re lucky I’m here.”

Tara began to kiss down.

Willow laid back and sighed happily.

Neither quite heard the sound of Tara’s phone until the volume increased on the fourth ring. Willow’s head popped up first as Tara groaned from underneath.

“It’s my day off.”

Willow lifted the phone and held it away from her face.

“Who do you know in Mendota?”

“Huh?” Tara rose back up on the bed, “I don’t know anybody there. But that’s where I was born.”

Willow waved Tara’s phone.

“Well someone is calling you from there. On a Sunday morning. Right as I was about to get some head.”

She blew air out through her upper lip as she handed the phone to Tara.

“Hello?” Tara answered, her eyes straining as she tried to concentrate on the other voice, “Um, yes, speaking.”

She listened for a moment and then sat up straighter.

“Um, yes. Yes, that’s me.”

Her brow furrowed into a deep ‘v’ and she swung her legs off the bed.

“I’m sorry, what? I'm going to need you to repeat that.”

Willow tried to mouth ‘What?’ but Tara had already walked toward the door, grabbed her robe, and walked out.

Willow hesitated for a moment, then did the same.

Tara was sitting at the table, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder, and was typing into her laptop.

“I’m sorry, this has kind of thrown me. I don’t know anything about this.”

Willow was thoroughly confused but didn’t feel her input would be helpful here, so she just sat next to Tara and rubbed her arm quietly.

She saw Tara was taking notes but the angle she was sitting at stopped her from seeing what exactly was written.

All Tara said over the next several minutes was a series of ‘yes’ and ‘okay’ and little sighs of frustration where she’d bring her hand to her rumpled temple and rub it.

Finally, there was an echoing ‘goodbye’ and Tara’s phone rattled quietly onto the table. Tara dropped her head into both hands, which then dropped down onto the laptop trackpad. Willow gently pushed the laptop back and lifted Tara’s head from the table.

“Baby?” she asked with concern, “What’s wrong? Was it a job? ‘Cause, you can let me handle all the bossy busy bees. Especially the a-holes that call on a Sunday morning.”

Tara dragged her hands down her face and started tapping two fingers above her eyebrow.

“It was DCFS.”

Willow’s brow slowly crumpled.

“Department…of Children and Family…Services?” she worked out in her head, “Like CPS? Huh? Why would they be calling you?”

Tara looked at Willow and Willow felt an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach roll around as she saw the deep and penetrating emotion shining in her girlfriend’s eyes.

“She says I have a sister.”

Willow’s eyebrows shot up and immediately back down.

“Your…mom has a secret kid?!” she asked in disbelief.

Tara shook her head solemnly.

“But…” Willow paused and her eyes widened, “Oh. Oh, she’s from…”

She stopped and swallowed.

“Where you were born.”

Tara pushed back her chair and stood up to start pacing. Willow turned in her chair but didn’t try to stop her, sensing it was helping in some small way.

“What did the social worker want?”

Tara flopped onto the couch, though her foot continued to twitch.

“Her…my father died.”

Willow was silent, her mouth forming a small ‘o’ shape.

“Oh.”

Tara crossed her hands on her knees to stop them from jittering. It didn’t work.

“She’s been living with her aunt but she said there was an incident and she’s been removed.”

“What kind of incident?” Willow asked with a frown.

“I don’t know!” Tara yelled, which made Willow jump in her chair because Tara never yelled.

Tara closed her eyes and opened them again, glassy.

“I’m sorry, Willow. I’m sorry.”

Willow just shook her head and stood up to come to sit by Tara.

Tara accepted a hug and some comfort for a few moments. Willow didn’t know what else to do. After a minute or two, Tara pulled away, sniffling.

“I-I need to call my mom.”

“Yeah,” Willow nodded quickly, “Yeah, of course.”

Tara stood and Willow caught her hand.

“Hey,” she said softly, squeezing, “Whatever this is…I’m here, okay?”

Tara managed a small, watery smile and grabbed her phone from the table before heading back into the bedroom.

Willow stayed on the couch for several minutes processing before getting up. Not really sure what was to be achieved by standing, she eventually spotted the laptop the went over to make sure Tara’s notes were saved.

She couldn’t help but note a name on there.

Sally.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - April 5th 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
I had actually forgotten about Emmy.
How? What? How? I certainly haven’t. Hi Emmy, hi!

Laragh wrote:
Hey, as long as you let me borrow your jaunty green jacket!
But then I’d have to get a personality. Eh fair trade off.

Thanks for the heads up.

Laragh wrote:
“It’s so sexy when you’re all mature and stuff.”
Tax season is going to be monsoon season for Willow then, with both business and personal taxes to work out.
Laragh wrote:
“Kill it. You always do.”
The court would like this stricken from the record on accounts the witness clearly has an existing relationship with the defendant which compromises her testimony. She had to change her outfit after witnessing the defendant argue with AT&T on the phone before entering the courtroom. Then again when seeing the defendant in court and now she is sliding off the plastic seat. We need a mop.
Laragh wrote:
“I’ve always liked owls.”
They have long legs!Image
Laragh wrote:
“Hey look. I found my favorite bird. The tit.”
There are also six species of booby.
Laragh wrote:
“Will? Is that you?” Tara asked, turning her head to the sound of movement.
Crap, been found.
Laragh wrote:
“Well, you should have just opened your legs like this and I would have known it was you.”
Fish market joke?
Laragh wrote:
“But I can smell.”
Yeah fish market joke.
Laragh wrote:
Bring on the heat stroke,
In the words I imagine the ASDA employee who had to follow me with a mop around the shop would say, no. Please no. Not a fun experience. This is InevitableVerse Tara, she has a thing for drinking water, she’ll make sure you don’t get heat stroke.
Laragh wrote:
Have you forgotten Japan already?
Tiny towels, very convenient tiny towels.
Laragh wrote:
“She says I have a sister.”
So there is a sister. But its DCFS meaning it’s a child. Instant no go.
Laragh wrote:
my father died
I’ve got condolences, an ear to lend, party poppers and a choreographed dance made for graves. We can use all, some, one or none of them but know they are there.
Laragh wrote:
“What kind of incident?”
My guess is stairs, bad with stairs might be a Maclay thing.
Laragh wrote:
Willow didn’t know what else to do.
You knew not to get turned on by this adult stuff. That’s a start and probably very helpful for Tara at this time. Good job Willow.

This is a yet another great example of what I like about your work. You put in so much effort to be fun and playful, creating a comfortable feel for the reader while allowing the story to progress with this light fluffy tone and then expertly you turn the mood into this serious, quite gritty topic all while maintaining this comfortable space you made for the reader.

It’s never someone popping out of a birthday cake with you, taking all the attention. The person is very much chopped up and part of the layers, you just get a taste time to time but the cake itself is the star.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:20 am 
5. Willowhand

Wahey! The master returns!

I can’t even begin to comment on how badly I feel for you regarding the last year so instead I am going to focus on your updates.

The sister thing is nuts, very excited to find out what is going on there.

I love that Willow is taking full charge of her life because what her family did was shocking.

Most importantly, you’re the queen of smut as always, all hail and bow down and all that.

Really glad you’re trying to keep up with the story, I will check more frequently now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub

Quote:
How? What? How? I certainly haven’t. Hi Emmy, hi!

She wants to make sure you're staying on top of your vitamins

Quote:
But then I’d have to get a personality. Eh fair trade off.

You can become a big tall hat person. A lincolnite.

Quote:
Tax season is going to be monsoon season for Willow then, with both business and personal taxes to work out.

Gives new meaning to riding out tax season.

Quote:
The court would like this stricken from the record on accounts the witness clearly has an existing relationship with the defendant which compromises her testimony. She had to change her outfit after witnessing the defendant argue with AT&T on the phone before entering the courtroom. Then again when seeing the defendant in court and now she is sliding off the plastic seat. We need a mop.

"This is not what we meant by wet signature."

Quote:
They have long legs!

And butts!

Quote:
There are also six species of booby.

They're often different sizes.

Quote:
Crap, been found.

It's the heavy breathing.

Quote:
Fish market joke? Yeah fish market joke.

Not...really? More akin to your mop joke.

Quote:
In the words I imagine the ASDA employee who had to follow me with a mop around the shop would say, no. Please no. Not a fun experience. This is InevitableVerse Tara, she has a thing for drinking water, she’ll make sure you don’t get heat stroke

But she appreciates when you learn to handle your own water needs

Quote:
Tiny towels, very convenient tiny towels.

Almost as if someone wrote it as a joke.

Quote:
So there is a sister. But its DCFS meaning it’s a child. Instant no go.

In my defense, this is made obvious at the end of Inevitable.

Quote:
I’ve got condolences, an ear to lend, party poppers and a choreographed dance made for graves. We can use all, some, one or none of them but know they are there.

Party poppers or poppers for a party?

Quote:
My guess is stairs, bad with stairs might be a Maclay thing.

Thankfully, Tara's father's side are not Maclays in this universe.

Quote:
You knew not to get turned on by this adult stuff. That’s a start and probably very helpful for Tara at this time. Good job Willow.

Death of a parent isn't a universal aphrodisiac?

Quote:
This is a yet another great example of what I like about your work. You put in so much effort to be fun and playful, creating a comfortable feel for the reader while allowing the story to progress with this light fluffy tone and then expertly you turn the mood into this serious, quite gritty topic all while maintaining this comfortable space you made for the reader.

It’s never someone popping out of a birthday cake with you, taking all the attention. The person is very much chopped up and part of the layers, you just get a taste time to time but the cake itself is the star.

Thank... you...? *checks green jacket pockets for body parts*

Thanks so much for your feedback and hey, no warnings needed this time!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Wahey! The master returns!

High praise from you, thank you so much!

Quote:
I can’t even begin to comment on how badly I feel for you regarding the last year so instead I am going to focus on your updates.

Thank you, I appreciate that and the chance to escape for a little bit :)

Quote:
The sister thing is nuts, very excited to find out what is going on there.

Filling up 10 years has to have a few twists and turns!

Quote:
I love that Willow is taking full charge of her life because what her family did was shocking.

Redeeming Sheila is just so damn hard sometimes.

Quote:
Most importantly, you’re the queen of smut as always, all hail and bow down and all that.

:blush

Quote:
Really glad you’re trying to keep up with the story, I will check more frequently now.

Thanks so much for staying on this ride with me!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Opening A New Door

Take Me In, Into Your Darkest Hour
And I'll Never Desert You
I'll Stand By You

Willow heard a knock on the door and quickly strode across the room to answer it.

“Ms. M,” she greeted with a soft smile and returned a hug when it was offered.

“Willow,” Kimberly returned with a worried but ever-warm smile, “How’s it going?”

“Okay,” Willow nodded as she stood by to let Kimberly in, “She’s been…fraught. I think it’s brought up a lot of things she never had to think about and now there’s this kid too, in some foster home and she’s just…”

She sighed.

“Fraught.”

Kimberly put her hand against her heart.

“If I had any idea Donald had had any more children…”

“How could you?” Willow replied, shaking her head, “I…I know why you left. Tara’s, you know, told me everything she knows. You were right to leave it all behind. Not that you need my approval. I’m sorry, I…”

“Ssh,” Kimberly comforted, rubbing Willow’s arm, “I’m sure it’s been a disconcerting few days for both of you.”

Willow just nodded quietly. Tara came out of the bedroom and went straight over to her mother for a hug.

“Hello, darling,” Kimberly kissed Tara’s forehead, “This all must come as such a shock.”

Tara nodded silently into Kimberly’s neck.

“There’s my girl,” Kimberly replied soothingly and Willow felt almost uncomfortable for a moment because she’d been in much the same position saying much the same words to Tara since they’d gotten that phone call.

Tara pulled back to look at her mother.

“I could have just collected you on the way. There was no need for you to come all the way down.”

“Nonsense,” Kimberly dismissed with a wave of her hand, “Besides, the car Willow so generously traded me is far more comfortable for a four-hour drive for the three of us.”

Tara turned to look at Willow, her eyes downcast.

“Y-You don’t have to come.”

Willow did her best not to look hurt.

“I won’t if you don’t want me to.”

Tara looked up, eyes shining vulnerably.

“I do want you to.”

Willow rushed forward and pulled Tara into a hug.

“Then I’m coming. No question.”

Tara squeezed Willow and inhaled softly from her neck. When they parted, Tara turned back to Kimberly.

“Are you sure you want to…go back there?”

Kimberly nodded without hesitation.

“It’s just a town. It doesn’t have a hold over me. I want to be there for you.”

Tara took a hug from her mother too. There weren’t enough hugs in the world to quash the emotion she held for the situation.

A sister, a little girl, who had grown up under an abuser…it hurt her heart and nauseated her stomach all at once.

Willow glanced at her watch and put a hand on Tara’s back.

“We should go in case there’s traffic.”

The Maclay women parted from the hug and Tara quickly put her arm around Willow’s waist.

“Yes, let’s go. The social worker said she wanted to meet with us first before any, um, introductions I guess.”

Willow opened the door and let Tara and Kimberly walk out first.

“Bye Miss Kitty,” she called to the cat who was still curled up and slumbering, “We’ll be home tonight.”

“Cantaloupe capital of the world.”

Willow's lone voice from the backseat was the first sound in a while as they went past the ‘Welcome to Mendota’ sign.

“Neat.”

The car ride had been eerily silent; Kimberly was driving and pensive and Willow didn’t want to disturb her or Tara. But without even an easy-listening playlist of Tara’s breaking the quiet, it had been hard for Willow to just sit and look out at the California countryside. The sign was a welcome relief.

“Wonder where the honeydew capital is?”

She spent a moment on her phone before continuing in a tiring voice and soft sigh.

“China. It’s China.”

“It’s just up here,” Tara said quietly, glancing at the GPS on her phone sitting in the center console, “She said it’s a satellite office off of Smoot Avenue.”

“Smoot Ave, right there,” Willow pointed, wanting to be helpful.

Kimberley made the turn and found a spot on the street to park.

The silence was even more palpable with the engine off.

Willow silently put a hand on Tara’s shoulder.

Tara reached back and squeezed it. She looked over her shoulder and Willow offered a comforting smile. Tara managed one back and reached for the car door. Together the three of them walked into the office building and were directed to an elevator to the fourth floor.

Tara gave her name to the front desk but as she was doing so was approached by a young, chic-looking woman in her thirties with corkscrew curls that framed a beautiful copper-brown face and russet eyes that seemed to go on forever. Her smile lit up her face with the definition of friendliness and she set all three women at ease without ever saying a word.

“Tara?” she confirmed and extended her hand, “Madeline Hayward, we spook on the phone.”

“Hi Madeline,” Tara shook her hand, “This is my mom, Kimberly, and my partner, Willow.”

She put her hand on Willow’s shoulder.

“Nice to meet you all,” Madeline somehow smiled wider, “Let me bring you to our meeting room so we can run over a few things.”

She brought them through the office to a small room in the back with a round table for eight. A tray with a jug of water and some glasses was in the middle. Willow was quick to pour herself a glass.

“First of all, I’m so glad that I was able to make contact, and thank you for coming all the way up here,” Madeline said, pulling her chair into the table, “Do you all live together?”

“Oh no,” Tara quickly shook her head, “Willow and I live together in L.A. My mom lives in Sunnydale. They’re here for moral support.”

Willow waved an invisible flag with an awkward smile.

Madeline nodded enthusiastically as she threw open a file she had in front of her.

“Well to recap some of what we spoke of on the phone,” she looked up with a sympathetic smile, “On April 7th Mr. Donald Broderick passed away in his home as a result of alcoholic cirrhosis. Sally Broderick was living in the home of Gwyneth Broderick along with her father and cousin, Bethany Broderick, and remained in that home under her aunt’s care following the passing of her father. She was removed from that home one week ago.”

“Can I ask why?” Kimberly asked, remaining composed in calm despite the heaviness of her memories and those words, “She was removed?

“An investigation is ongoing,” Madeline replied evenly, though not unkindly, “But we’re seeking permanent exclusion from that home on the basis of neglect. Reunification is not our ideal outcome here.”

Tara drew an inward breath. Willow put a discreet arm around her and whispered some comforting words in her ear. It was not missed by Madeline.

“I’m very sorry to hear that,” Kimberly replied, retaining her reasoned tone.

Madeline sighed; showing some weariness for the first time.

“Unfortunately, it took Mr. Broderick’s death for us to do anything. Though we had reports from teachers it is extremely difficult to remove a child from their parent. There’s a lesser burden for court-appointed caregivers and so we were able to act.”

Breath flew from Kimberly’s nostrils.

“If I knew that Donald had any other children I would have, at least, notified social services of his history.”

Madeline looked over at Kimberly.

“If you would, I’d love to have that chat again. You might be able to give us some information to help with our report.”

“Of course,” Kimberly nodded seriously, “Anything I can. I’m an RN so I’m a mandated reporter. I’ve been through these kinds of interviews before. I would be…happy isn’t the word, but I want to help.”

“That’s so great, thank you,” Madeline scribbled something into the file, “I’ll make sure to take your details.”

Kimberly nodded once.

“Where’s her mom?” Willow asked, then immediately felt intrusive for doing so but was answered before she could apologize.

“She passed from a drug overdose when Sally was a baby,” Madeline answered with a sigh.

“Oh,” Willow replied quietly.

“Let me tell you about Sally,” Madeline continued, closing her file, “She’s ten years old but thinks she’s eighteen. Struggles in school but tests well so she keeps up. She…takes a while to warm up to people.”

Her mouth thinned but her shoulders stayed tight and professional.

“And she loves music and cartoons.”

“Tara loves those things too!” Willow interjected excitedly, “Well, music. I think she puts up with the cartoons for me. But she’s a DJ!”

“Oh wow,” Madeline smiled, “Oh, Sally will love that.”

She wrote something down and looked back up.

“She has a tough exterior. Doesn’t like too many people needling at her. So we want to take this introduction slowly. She was pretty surprised to hear her sister wanted contact.”

“Me too,” Tara exhaled softly.

“She has a brother too,” Kimberly put in, holding a hand up, “Just putting that out there.”

“Mmhhm,” Madeline nodded slowly and flicked to a page, which she read out of the corner of her eyes, “We did find his records when we found yours, Tara, but well, we noticed a list of priors and that his name is also Donald.”

“Donny,” Kimberly cleared his throat, “He’s known as Donny. And he was never charged with any of those arrests. He’s been sober for over a year.”

Madeline nodded kindly.

“She’s aware she has a half-brother as well but we think we should evaluate this avenue before we push anything else on her.”

Kimberly opened her mouth like she was about to object but ultimately stayed silent.

“Does she want to meet me?” Tara asked, trying to keep her hands still in her lap.

“She’s unsure,” Madeline admitted, “‘Family’ has never meant much for her unfortunately and she’s a tough cookie to crack. But when I told her I saw something there. She needs a lot of love and stability but she’s really just a kid at heart. A kid who’s never been given a family to flourish in.”

Tara hung her head. Kimberly sat back, some kind of guilt etched on her face.

“So what happens now?” Willow interjected when everybody else was silent.

Madeline sat back in her chair.

“Well, we’ve scheduled a meeting for after lunch. Her foster parents are bringing her by and I thought we could go to the park across the street. Somewhere informal but open. I’ll make the introduction and we can go from there. It’s important that we let her lead.”

“Of course,” Tara adopted the kind of Resolve-Face that Willow would be proud of.

Madeline slid her file into her arms.

“In that case, I’d like to meet you outside this building at 2pm. Go and get some lunch with your family and regroup. There’s a great Salvadorian place right around the corner.”

“Thank you, Ms. Hayward, for all of your time and assistance,” Kimberly stood to reach out and shake the social worker’s hand.

“Yes,” Tara stood too, importantly, “Thank you so much for reaching out.”

Madeline stood with them.

“It’s only my regret I never looked sooner.”

She guided them out and reiterated their plan to meet. Willow found the restaurant in question in the elevator while Kimberly reassured Tara about the meeting and Willow silently guided them there. It was a bit of a greasy spoon, but it smelled pretty good and the tables were clean so they sat down.

Willow offered to go place their order but the Maclay women were a bit distracted.

“I’ll just have the vegan salad plate,” Kimberly said, only glancing at the menu.

“Yuka fries,” Tara parroted in a similar tone.

Willow nodded diligently and went up to the counter. A server helped her carry the plates back to the table with a round of Cokes. Willow tipped him and sat in between Kimberly and Tara on the little circular table.

“These pupusas are incredible,” she commented as she hungrily ate, then blushed when she got a common Maclay ‘glance’, “Sorry. Just hungry. Long time since those Fruit Loops.”

Tara reached out and put a hand on the middle of Willow’s back, rubbing gently.

“What do you think about all of this?”

Willow wiped her mouth with a napkin as she continued chewing.

“I think the social worker seems really nice. And Sally sounds cool. Enjoys music, like you…”

She bit the corner of her lip.

“…but…I mean…sounds like she’s had it pretty rough.”

“Yeah,” Tara echoed softly as she absently ate a fry.

Willow felt a bit useless.

They’d gone through a lot together but nothing really prepares you for helping your girlfriend through meeting her secret half-sister from her absent and abusive — and oh yeah, by the way, dead — father.

“That Gwen was always a nasty bitch,” Kimberly said which made Willow and Tara look up because she rarely swore, “I saw her push her own child over with a sweeping brush when she missed a spot. She was two! I never let you go over there, Tara.”

Tara frowned and Willow put her hand over Tara’s. It must be so disconcerting to hear disturbing memories involving you that you don’t even remember yourself.

Tara looked over and smiled gratefully. She linked their fingers tighter.

Willow tore off a piece of her pupusa and offered it to Tara, who ate it quietly. Willow continued to do so when Tara seemed receptive; it was one way to help.

Kimberly seemed to be having old conversations in her head so Willow just acted as a flatbread pusher as they all sorted out their own thoughts.

When it was time, they started to walk back around the corner. Kimberly hung back and took a sidelong hold of Willow to keep her back too.

“We won’t crowd you.”

Willow gave Tara’s fingers one last squeeze before releasing her.

Tara exhaled slowly and began to take a step but a sudden sound made her jump.

“Wait!” Willow said, quickly reaching for her pocket. She took off a Spongebob keychain that Tara had once given to her and pressed it into Tara’s hand, “Give her this.”

Tara looked down in confusion.

“Madeline said she likes cartoons,” Willow explained.

Tara looked up; touched.

“I’ll get you another one.”

Willow pressed a long kiss to Tara’s cheek.

“I love you. Just be you. You’re amazing. No one could ever think otherwise.”

Tara nodded, squeezed Spongebob, and continued toward the front of the building they’d been in earlier.

Kimberly took a sidelong hold of Willow again and kissed the top of her head.

“We’re all very lucky to have you in our lives, Willow Rosenberg.”

Willow blushed lightly.

“I’m the lucky one.”

Tara stood in the doorway of the building and tried not to fidget while she waited.

She spotted Madeline first, in her colorful clothing, and then another woman standing beside her. While they were talking, a young girl walked in front, taking care to kick every stone and bit of dirt in her path. She had a baseball cap on and two pigtails brought forward on either side. She wore a yellow and white baseball shirt with full-length sleeves, despite the summer heat, and shorts that went just past her knees.

Madeline looked up as they turned the corner and lifted her hand in a wave to Tara. Sally’s eyes briefly flitted up but she was quick to avert them again.

“Tara,” Madeline greeted, “Great to see you again. This is Joanne Jeffries, Sally’s foster mother.”

Tara shook Joanne’s hand, though it was shaking with nerves. Joanne politely did not remark.

“And this,” Madeline put her hands square on either of Sally’s shoulders, “Is Sally. Sally, this is Tara. She’s your sister. Technically your half—”

“I know how genetics work,” Sally rolled her eyes.

Madeline and Joanne shared a look. Tara frowned then quickly bent down on one knee to Sally’s level.

“Hi Sally,” she waved, quietly and subconsciously examining the girl's face while wondering if anything mirrored her own, “It’s really nice to meet you.”

Sally kept her eyes averted and scoffed.

“Is it?”

“Yes,” Tara replied, soft but assured.

Sally glanced up.

Tara did see something familiar this time: vulnerability.

Madeline put her hands together, making a clapping sound. She was trying to be helpful but it was more disconcerting than anything and made the two girls jump apart.

“Why don’t we all go sit in the park across the street and get to know each other?”

No one really replied but Madeline led them anyway.

Tara felt palpable awkwardness as they crossed the street and noticed Sally had her arms crossed firmly on her chest. Once they walked through the gates, she stepped to the side of Madeline.

“Can we just take a walk around the park? Sally and me? If she’d like to?”

Sally glanced up and gave a non-committal nod. Madeline looked between them and nodded slowly.

“Sure,” she agreed and sat down on a nearby bench, “Just stay in sight.”

Tara nodded diligently and looked to Sally, who shoved her hands in her pockets and walked forward to kick a stone. Tara fell into a slow step. There was a quiet few moments as she pondered what to say.

“So you like baseball?”

She cringed a little at herself, especially when Sally looked at her like she had three heads before scowling down at her attire.

“No. The dumb Jeffries only had boys’ clothes. They have four of them. It sucks.”

Tara nodded sympathetically.

“I was worried. I wouldn’t have been able to say much apart from ‘Go Dodgers’.”

She rubbed her sweaty hand on her jeans.

“I-’m really sorry about your Dad.”

“I’m not,” Sally rolled her eyes and cast a furrowed-brow glance at Tara, “Wasn’t he…your Dad too? That's what they told me.”

“He was,” Tara nodded slowly, “But I hadn’t seen him in a long, long time. So long I don’t even remember. I was just little.”

Sally kicked a stone particularly hard.

“He talked about you.”

Tara suddenly felt uncomfortably tingly on her skin. She didn’t know this man but she knew he had had a profound effect on all of her family’s lives. And not in a positive way.

“He did?”

Sally shrugged one shoulder.

“Said I was his favorite. Didn’t cry like ‘the other one’.”

Tara swallowed audibly. There was so much to that statement that she couldn’t even begin to break down at this moment.

“I see.”

“Thought you were dead though,” Sally said with an air of forced nonchalance, “Or made up in his head or something. That happened a lot. Saw things. Said things. Punched things.”

Tara shook her head and found herself also kicking a stone.

“I never knew about you at all,” she said and looked over to Sally, “I wish I did.”

Sally kept her gaze for a moment before looking away uncomfortably.

“Why?”

“Because you seem like a cool kid to know,” Tara replied sincerely, “And I’d like to get to know you more. If it’s okay with you.”

Sally scowled.

“What are you, like a wannabe therapist or something? I don’t need that crap.”

Tara shook her head.

“No. Not at all. I don’t want to be a therapist. Maybe just a…big sister. Whatever that means. I’ve never been one before. I don’t really know what I’m doing.”

Sally seemed to appreciate the honesty and took pity.

“You’re doing okay,” she shrugged again.

Tara smiled softly and realized she was squeezing the little Spongebob keychain in her pocket. She went to the nearest bench and sat down. When Sally sat down beside her, she offered the little toy.

“Do you like Spongebob? Me and—” she paused suddenly, unsure how to describe Willow, but she wasn’t about to deny her, “My girlfriend and I watch episodes sometimes on Sunday mornings.”

Sally turned the toy over in her palm.

“I watch it too,” she admitted, “But I prefer Sandy.”

She suddenly jumped up and started kicking her legs and flinging her hands.

“She’s Bikini Bottom's leading expert on Texas, science, and karate!”

Tara laughed and leaned forward.

“Do you know karate?”

“Unofficially,” Sally grinned and spun around while doing some mock moves that probably wouldn’t hold up in a dojo but looked very cool.

“I did karate at summer camp once,” Tara replied and scrunched up her nose, “They told me I looked like I was swimming in the air.”

Sally giggled and Tara clasped her hands between her knees.

“I stuck to music after that.”

Sally tried to appear aloof as she sat back down on the bench.

“You like music?”

Tara nodded keenly.

“Uh-huh. I was in a band and now I’m a DJ.”

Sally’s eyes brightened in a way Tara hadn’t seen before now.

“You are? You’re a DJ in L.A.? They told me you live in L.A.”

Tara nodded and Sally’s eyebrows shot up on her head.

“Do you know lots of celebrities?”

“No, unfortunately,” Tara frowned, hating to disappoint, “Unless you know Nate Williamson?”

Sally jumped up and grabbed her head, jumping up and down.

“YOU KNOW NATE WILLIAMSON?!”

Tara grinned; this kind of reaction she could work with.

“He was the guy I was in a band with.”

Sally faux-fainted and looked up at Tara with all the adoration a little sister should.

“You are the coolest person I’ve ever met.”

Tara joined Sally on the ground, despite it not being the grassiest area for them to recline.

“I think you’re the coolest person I’ve ever met,” she returned.

“Me?” Sally asked with an uncertain flick of her lips.

“Yeah,” Tara nodded seriously, “Those karate moves were um…fire.”

She blushed and turned her head to Sally.

“I see that said on Twitter a lot.”

Sally chuckled and reached up to pull her cap down a bit.

“So will you come to visit me again?”

“You bet I will. If you want me to,” Tara answered with a soft smile.

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” Sally shrugged but was smiling.

Tara smiled for a moment, then pointed up at the sky.

“Look, a unicorn cloud.”

Sally cocked her head.

“I see a horse with a spike tied around its head going into battle.”

“Maybe he’ll meet the unicorn and they’ll fall in love,” Tara suggested with a crooked smile.

Sally shook her head with a heavy sigh.

“There’s no love in war.”

“Usually it’s the only thing that survives,” Tara mused and lifted her arm again, “But that one is definitely a hippo.”

Sally laughed through her teeth.

“And it’s pooping tiny cars!”

Tara laughed and was able to catch Sally’s gaze again. She held it a whole extra second this time.

After a while, Madeline had to physically come and get them while Joanne looked on impatiently. As they walked back to the entrance of the park, Sally pulled Tara behind a tree.

“Wait,” she said, looking all around before closing her arms around Tara in a split-second hug, “And you’re definitely gonna come see me again?”

Tara nodded quickly.

“I promise. Really soon.”

Sally smiled and offered the Spongebob toy back. Tara shook her head.

“No, you should keep that. Even if he’s only your second favorite.”

Sally looped the keyring on her finger so it stayed in her palm.

“Okay. Thanks,” she agreed before looking up wryly, “But Squidward is my second favorite.”

Tara just laughed.

Joanne was quick to usher Sally away and Tara noticed immediately how her newly-introduced little sister's shoulders slumped and her feet dragged with every step.

Madeline brought Tara back to the meeting room they’d been in earlier and patted the desk with a smile.

“Well, that seemed to go well. I know she can be a,” she paused and raised her eyebrows briefly, “Little bit of a handful.”

Tara started to shake her head.

“Actually—”

“But like a flower, she’ll open in time,” Madeline continued, flicking open her file with a sigh, “Hopefully.”

Tara placed her palms flat on the desk.

“I think she just wants someone to speak to her on her level. She really responded—”

“We all do our best,” Madeline cut in with a slightly forced smile.

Tara cleared her throat.

“Of course,” she replied, her hands falling from the table, “I was wondering if I could come up again next weekend and maybe take her to Fresno to do some shopping? She doesn’t seem to have much of her own.”

Madeline reached across herself to rub her opposite shoulder.

“Getting access to the house to get her own clothes or anything else has been a nightmare.”

“I’m sure,” Tara replied, trying not to grit her teeth, “But maybe she could use some new stuff anyway.”

Madeline’s arm dropped beside her.

“Department can’t provide a budget for that.”

“I will ‘provide the budget’,” Tara replied, giving Madeline an imploring look, “If I’m allowed to take her out of town?”

Madeline brought her chair closer to Tara.

“You can. As a blood relative, you have rights. And honestly, I’m hoping for more than a trip to the city.”

Tara frowned slightly.

“What do you mean?”

Madeline set down the pen in her hand.

“Sally is in an emergency foster placement right now. We need to find a long-term solution to that and it’s our policy to try and keep children within the family.”

Tara’s eyes bugged.

“You can’t put her back with those people.”

“We won’t be,” Madeline reassured, “Obviously, the only other family she has is not an option.”

When nothing else was forthcoming, it took a moment for it to click in Tara’s head.

“Do you mean me?” she asked, mouth dropping slightly, “You think she should live with me? I’m in college, I…”

Madeline nodded quickly.

“I think it’s unconventional given your age, but I’ve seen younger siblings take custody. There’s usually an established relationship but you do seem to have bonded already,” she said encouragingly, “It’s just something I want you to consider. And if you’d allow, let me do the appropriate background checks and box ticking so if it’s something you choose to pursue, we’ll be able to move forward. There are a lot of conditions to meet in terms of financial readiness and accommodation availability and such. I’d like to evaluate you, at least, so it can be one consideration.”

Tara slumped in the chair.

“I-I guess,” she said, blinking rapidly, “I mean, of course, I…I know she’s…and she’s my…and I…”

She trailed off and Madeline lifted her pen again.

“You live with your partner, correct?”

“Yes,” Tara replied on auto-pilot.

“Alone?” Madeline’s ear perked up.

“Yes,” Tara answered again.

“I’ll need her information too,” Madeline replied as her eyes widened with hope, “How many bedrooms?”

Tara brought a hand to her head.

“We have two right now.”

When Tara had answered all she could answer, she found herself outside with a handshake and a promise for a follow-up call later that week.

Her head was reeling and it took someone bumping into her for her to realize she was just loitering outside the building. She checked her phone and saw a message from Willow saying she and her mother were hanging out at a donut place nearby. She dropped a pin and Tara followed it, keeping her eyes on the phone.

Willow stood up immediately when Tara came in the doors and hurried over.

“Baby,” she greeted with a hug and Tara relaxed for the first time in a while, “All okay?”

Tara just nodded so Willow brought her to the table where Kimberly took both Tara’s hands across the table.

“Darling. How did it go?”

While Willow went up to the counter, Kimberly rubbed Tara’s lower arms.

“What’s she like?”

Tara put everything with Madeline to the side for a moment.

“She’s really funny, actually. I think…I think she felt safe with me? Which I know is a lot to ask of a first meeting but they told me she was like this big, dark cloud but she wasn’t like that once we broke off on our own.”

“Sounds like you tapped into something in her,” Kimberly smiled, “I’m not surprised. You’re sisters.”

“We are,” Tara said in an echoing voice.

Willow returned with a cup and a paper plate with a ring donut.

“Sorry for the shitty coffee. This town is kinda…bleak. This was the best place we could find.”

Tara rubbed the side of Willow’s back.

“Thank you. I could use a reboot.”

She took a sip of the coffee, displaying no outward display of how nasty it was.

“I was just telling my Mom that she’s a really cool kid,” she paused to smile at Willow, “She really liked the Spongebob toy, thank you so much. Though she says she prefers Sandy.”

“Smart kid,” Willow smiled, relief in her eyes, “And she wasn’t…”

“She just wanted to chat like a kid,” Tara replied, eyes sad, “I don’t know, she just seemed like a normal kid. Maybe for a few minutes, she let herself be like that with me? It’s hard to explain but I saw something shift…and then shift back when she had to go home.”

“Well I guess it’s not really ‘home’,” Willow posited, then frowned when Tara looked at her confused, “It’s a foster placement, right? A recent one? So it might not…feel like…home?”

Tara sighed.

“Right.”

Willow looked down.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

“No,” Tara quickly took Willow’s hand, “It’s just been a…day. It’s been a day.”

She brought Willow’s hand up and kissed her knuckles.

“I’m so happy you’re here.”

Willow scooted her chair around and leaned into Tara.

“Always.”

Tara nuzzled into Willow and kissed the top of her head.

Kimberly cleared her throat.

“Girls.”

Tara looked over with a frown; it wasn’t like her mother to sound so disapproving of their affection. But once she caught Kimberly’s eye, she saw it wasn’t her mother who disapproved but the rest of the people in the café, at least by their uncomfortable staring.

Tara shuddered at the feeling and desperately wanted to shield Willow from it. She downed her coffee and grabbed her donut.

“Let’s get out of here. I’m exhausted and it’s a long drive home.”

Tara pushed back her seat and gently pushed Willow out with a hand on her back. She busied her hands with eating her donut to avoid Willow taking her hand while they walked to the car without hurting her feelings. As they made their way the few blocks to where they were parked, Tara could only agree: this place was bleak.

Just run down and dour. The grass was scorched and the buildings were old and there was dust everywhere.

She was happy to get to the car.

“Mom, I’m going to sit in the back with Willow, okay?”

Kimberly just nodded and got in on the driver’s side.

Willow smiled as Tara belted in next to her.

“Backseat buddies?”

Tara pulled one side of the seatbelt behind her and laid her head in Willow’s lap. Willow looked down and placed one hand on Tara’s hair while the other rubbed her arm.

Kimberly glanced at them in the rearview mirror as they drove onto the freeway.

“Is she asleep?” she whispered.

Willow nodded.

“It’s been a lot.”

Kimberly just offered a small smile.

“Do you want me to stop somewhere to get something to eat or just grab something when you get back?”

“I think when we get back,” Willow replied quietly, “We should just miss rush hour traffic if we don’t get held up on the way.”

Kimberly nodded and went back to driving.

Willow’s thumb continued to caress Tara’s arm and kept her lulled in a, she hoped, peaceful sleep.

Tara woke up to the sounds of horns honking and muffled yelling.

Her back hurt and she felt bent at the most unnatural angle.

Going over a little speed bump reminded her she was in the car and she started to straighten up, to protest from her body.

“Hey baby,” Willow greeted and rubbed Tara’s thigh, “We’re almost home.”

Tara glanced out the window and recognized the thick Los Angeles traffic. She remembered all at once where they were coming home from.

“Oh. Yes.”

“I don’t know how you girls do this,” Kimberly tutted from the back, “This traffic is just crazy. And it’s not even rush hour yet! Yes middle-aged man in your penismobile, I do see you trying to cut in!”

“I-Is that Mr. Giles?” Tara frowned.

Everyone looked out the window.

“I think it is,” Willow commented.

“Oh. My. God,” Kimberly replied, sinking down in the seat, “We never saw him, he never saw us, understand?”

Willow turned her attention back to Tara, who was rolling her neck.

“Oh baby, do you have a neck cramp?”

Before she could reach out, Kimberly made a sharp turn and they were on their street. Kimberly parked in front of the building and got out to hug Tara.

“You were very brave today.”

Tara cuddled into her mother.

“I’m sorry you have to drive all the way back to Sunnydale,” she said apologetically, “I could make up the guest room for you if you want.”

Kimberly just shook her head softly.

“I have work early. I’m going to skedaddle before the traffic really sets in,” she smiled, then cringed, “Let’s hope I don’t spot Rupert again. Oh my, what was he thinking? Men! You girls are lucky you don’t have to deal with them.”

Tara just stood back and felt Willow come up behind her, holding her gently at the waist.

“It was nice to see you again, Ms. M. Maybe we’ll take a trip back home soon if Tara’s schedule allows.”

Kimberly reached out and rubbed each of their arms.

“I’m very proud of both of you and how hard you’re working. I’d go on the internet more to watch your videos but—”

“Everyone’s spelling is really bad,” she and Tara finished together.

Willow smiled and leaned her chin on Tara’s shoulders.

“This is why I’m Team Maclay.”

Kimberly looked slightly confused but a beep from the street quickly caught her attention.

“And that is my cue,” she rolled her eyes but they softened as they settled back on Tara, “Keep in touch with me, my sweet girl. Please. Anything you need to talk about or questions you have? Memories or…”

“I will,” Tara cleared her throat slightly, “There’s a lot to process.”

“Yes,” Kimberly answered simply, with a sad little nod.

She leaned in and kissed Tara’s forehead.

“Take care of my girl,” she said to Willow with a smile.

“I will,” Willow promised, giving Tara a squeeze, who started to pale.

There was another loud beep that made Kimberly shudder and quickly get back to her car. Willow waved her off and closed the door.

She noticed Tara hunching over a chair with a white face. Willow gently guided her over to the couch.

“Sit here, baby.”

Tara sat and Willow sat behind her, taking up the neck rub again.

“I know today was so much. But just try and relax. I’ll get us some dinner and we can talk, or not. Just chill and watch a movie or listen to music. Whatever you need. I’ll be here as a warm body or a mouth and this is coming out unintentionally sexual but I just mean I’m not going anywhe—”

Tara suddenly burst into tears. Before Willow could react, Tara jumped up and moved over to lean on the kitchen counter but almost immediately pushed back and started pacing.

“I can’t lose you, Willow. I can’t, I can’t, everything just got so good and I love you so much and—”

“Tara,” Willow interrupted softly, standing and holding her hands in a calming motion, “Whoa, whoa, whoa. I said I’m not going anywhe—”

Tara turned and Willow felt her stomach drop at the look on Tara’s face, despite not knowing why. Tara sunk back down onto the couch, holding her face in her hands.

“Thwahmeetaker.”

Willow perched next to Tara having turned pale herself.

“I’m sorry, baby, what?”

Tara rubbed her face and lifted it from her hands. She looked over at Willow with sunken eyes.

“They want me to take her.”

“Sally?” Willow put together, her brow creasing slightly, “Take her where?”

Tara swallowed deeply.

“Here.”

Willow brightened.

“That’s a great idea!” she said with relief flooding her face, “She can come for a visit and we can take her to a bunch of fun places like Universal Studios and—”

“Not for a visit,” Tara interjected quietly but audibly.

She couldn’t meet Willow’s eye this time.

Willow frowned more deeply.

“Not for a visit? So like for…” slowly her face flattened in realization, “Oh. Oh, you mean…”

There was a silence that lasted about a minute, though it felt longer.

“Can, can, can you even, I mean, not, I mean, college and, and…”

“I-I don’t know how it would all work,” Tara replied with a sobbing resignation in her voice, “But…”

“She’s your sister,” Willow finished softly.

She blinked heavily and stood.

“I need to…go out.”

She stood up and wandered out with the sound of Tara’s sob muffled by the slamming door.

It was fifty-five minutes later that the door opened again.

Tara was curled up on the couch holding a cushion with dried tears on her cheeks. She quickly sat up at stared at the doorway.

Willow closed it softly behind her.

“I got us Indian food.”

She set some paper bags down on the table.

“Paneer coconut curry and saag aloo.”

Tara continued to stare silently. Willow picked up something on top of one of the bags; a smaller paper baggie folded in a rectangle. She came and sat by Tara again, leaving the paper bag in her lap.

Tara looked down at it and up at Willow, who was just looking back earnestly. Tara swiped at her eyes to make sure nothing was coming out of there and unfolded the paper bag. She reached inside and pulled out a diamond-shaped yellow door sign.

It said ‘Sally’s Room’ with various phrases to keep out and a sticker of Sandy the squirrel from Spongebob had been tacked on.

Tara inhaled a sharp, shaken breath. She looked at Willow.

“I don’t know how it’s going to work either,” Willow admitted, putting her hand over Tara’s arm, “I don’t even know what exactly is going to happen. But I know you won’t be doing it alone. Because you won’t ever have to do anything alone. I am team Maclay now and forever. Whatever that brings.”

Tara, yet again, could only stare. Willow shifted uncomfortably.

“I’m sorry I just walked out. This is all so…” she stopped as she thought of the right word, “Unexpected.”

Tara swallowed several times to be able to speak.

“Yeah,” she said finally, frowning and sniffling, “The social worker just landed it on me as I was leaving. She wants to asses me…us…Willow, I-I don’t know if I’m equipped to be the, the… guardian of a child.”

Willow looked down sadly.

“What’s the alternative?”

Tara sighed deeply.

“She grows up in the system. Which is maybe marginally better than how she’s grown up so far but still not great.”

Willow nodded seriously.

“Right. She’s had…a tough past. A-Abuse and neglect,” she leaned over as her stomach began to hurt at the thought, “She’ll need supports. Psychological and maybe academic? And she’d have to come here, so she’d start a whole new school.”

Tara reached up to rub her temple.

“I haven’t even had time to think about anything like that. I just know that…”

She thrust her hands out demonstrably. Willow just nodded.

“She’s your sister.”

Tara looked at Willow and her eyes filled with tears at the relief of just feeling understood.

“I can’t describe it. It’s like her walls just dropped when it was the two of us. We felt in sync. Like a little piece of me, I never knew was missing. We just clicked. We need to get to know each other better but there’s something there. A recognition. I-I can’t…”

Willow squeezed Tara’s thigh.

“You don’t have to explain. I know exactly. You’re a catalyst for people to be their best, truest selves. In a world full of wrong — you're the thing that's right. I can hardly deny that to her when I’ve been given so much of it. She’s your blood, which doesn’t always mean much. But it does when that blood is what’s running through your heart.”

Tara’s facial muscles tensed to stop the tears.

“Our lives would completely change.”

“Yep,” Willow nodded evenly.

“I don’t know what issues we would run into,” Tara continued, swallowing deeply.

Willow shrugged one shoulder.

“Whoever does?”

Tara locked eyes with Willow.

“And I don’t know if I can do it.”

Willow took Tara’s head in her hands and put their foreheads together.

“We can do this,” she promised, though she was admittedly bluffing, “Strong like an Amazon, right?”

Tara let out a watery smile.

“Right.”

“Besides, we survived the pistachio assassin and a goddamn earthquake. What’s a pre-teen girl?” Willow retorted with a grin, but then they grimaced at each other, “You’re right. Infinitely more terrifying.”

They laughed and Willow kissed Tara softly until she felt her muscles start to relax. Tara released a slow exhale.

“Madeline might say we’re completely unsuitable. I mean, I work nights and we’re both going to be starting classes again soon and we’re still so young.”

“No matter what, we’ll be there for that little girl,” Willow promised and this time there was no bluff, “I promise, okay?”

Tara nodded softly and pressed her lips to Willow’s cheek.

“Willow,” she breathed, looking up with weary eyes, “Can we just have the night, the two of us?”

Willow smiled and pushed her hands down Tara’s arms and took her hands. She squeezed them.

“I’ll get us plates,” she said as she stood and kissed the top of Tara’s head, “You pick a movie for us to watch in bed.”

She started to walk toward the kitchen, looking over her shoulder as she did so.

“You watchin’ my butt? I’m giving you my best waggle.”

Tara laughed and covered her mouth.

“Throw in a little spin for Mama.”

Willow pushed her thumbs through her belt loop on either side and did a slow, wiggling turn; ending with grabbing both of her butt cheeks.

“How do you ever resist me?” she asked in a dramatic voice but it was stymied by a giggle from her own mouth.

“I don’t,” Tara replied and Willow sighed happily seeing her girlfriend’s crooked smile make an appearance, “Does the food need to be reheated?”

Willow felt the containers and grinned.

“I think it’s a naan-issue.”

Tara grinned back and stood.

“Just for that, I’m lining up Mama Mia.”

“Jokes on you!” Willow called to Tara as she made her way to the bedroom, “Because I love that movie just as much as you! Gimme Gimme Gimme!”

She heard a giggle and smiled to herself. As she got some silverware she let out a low breath and glanced at the little door sign sitting on the arm of the chair.

Things were about to blow up.

She brought some food to Tara, who had already changed into shorts and a tank. Willow couldn’t help but smile at the sight of her girlfriend.

Some things would never change.

Even though everything else was right about to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
She wants to make sure you're staying on top of your vitamins
She cares! Hi Emmy hi!
Laragh wrote:
And butts!
David Attenborough’s replacement has been found. Tits and Owl butts, narrated by Laragh.
Laragh wrote:
In my defense, this is made obvious at the end of Inevitable.
It’s a very good thing you don’t partake in the Buffy comics. I don’t know Tara’s views about the father of Dawn’s child (Comics very light on Tara, no idea why) but I feel the father should have taken this sister child notification as instant no go.

Laragh wrote:
the car Willow so generously traded me is far more comfortable for a four-hour drive for the three of us.”
Kimbo is no budget Oprah, she brings hugs and a car
Laragh wrote:
“We’ll be home tonight.”
Miss Kitty is now going to find out the answer to the party popper question.
Laragh wrote:
A tray with a jug of water and some glasses was in the middle.Willow was quick to pour herself a glass.
Wahey! No heatstroke.
Laragh wrote:
“If you would, I’d love to have that chat again. You might be able to give us some information to help with our report.”
“Of course,” Kimberly nodded seriously,
Move over Oprah, Kimbo has hugs, a car and invaluable information. But can she tell me which book to read?
Laragh wrote:
“She has a brother too,” Kimberly put in, holding a hand up, “Just putting that out there.”
Kimbo was right to come.
Laragh wrote:
They’d gone through a lot together but nothing really prepares you for helping your girlfriend through meeting her secret half-sister from her absent and abusive — and oh yeah, by the way, dead — father.
I’ve heard cross-fit works miracles.
Laragh wrote:
Tara nodded, squeezed Spongebob
Anyone else automatically hear his laugh with a ‘that tickles’ after it?
Laragh wrote:
full-length sleeves, despite the summer heat
I know it’s a very significant, serious moment with all the build-up but just have to compliment this detail. It seems so little and insignificant but is anything but.
Laragh wrote:
“Said I was his favorite. Didn’t cry like ‘the other one’.”
Such a piece of shit.
Laragh wrote:
“They told me I looked like I was swimming in the air.”
*sniff*
Laragh wrote:
“I see that said on Twitter a lot.”
There are a lot of worse things on Twitter you could have repeated. Fire is relatively safe if you don’t care about street cred.
Laragh wrote:
“And it’s pooping tiny cars!”
Close the factories, there’s an organic source. Not sure new car smell will be as popular anymore.
Laragh wrote:
it wasn’t her mother who disapproved but the rest of the people in the café
That’s some really shitty coffee if people can’t pay attention to their own business.
Laragh wrote:
Tara pulled one side of the seatbelt behind her and laid her head in Willow’s lap.
It’s not a fashion or comfort choice, put the seatbelt back.
Laragh wrote:
“Do you want me to stop somewhere to get something to eat
Food isn’t the priority here, wake her up and get her to put the seatbelt on properly. Make sure she doesn’t strangle herself doing it.
Laragh wrote:
“Oh baby, do you have a neck cramp?”
Could have been a broken one, wear your seatbelt properly, you’ll still get neck cramp but less risk of a broken one.
Laragh wrote:
“You were very brave today.”
It’s not brave to not wear a seatbelt properly, Oh right the sally stuff.

There’s a lot I could say but I won’t because I feel it would come in the too honest category.

I will compliment your research with Sally. I know it moved on to not being her own clothes but what made this chapter for me was the full length sleeves. She will wear shorts but she doesn’t roll up her sleeves, the finesse of the detail.

And I’m now thinking of Tara telling Giles she likes the rest of the car. Only now it’s her unknowingly saying she likes the rest of the penis. Much like a penis, protection is needed. Wear your seatbelts properly kids.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:40 am 

Again I only have time for a very short feedback:

So the "living with Sally" arc has begun. I'm glad that Willow quickly came back after her "escape instinct" kicked in and that she is committed to help Tara with all the responsibilities and difficulties that taking care of a half sister with an abusive childhood will bring.
I'm curious if / how Sally will bond with Willow. She might try to drive Willow away to have her new sister all to herself... Although she said to Tara right away that she doesn't need "therapy crap" I think they should soon look for a child therapist for her to help her overcome the traumas of her past. The long sleeves description Dub so attentively spotted could be a hint that Sally is a cutter... I hope not.

Quote:
Willow took Tara’s head in her hands and put their foreheads together.

“We can do this,” she promised, though she was admittedly bluffing, “Strong like an Amazon, right?”

Tara let out a watery smile.

“Right.”

Quote:
“No matter what, we’ll be there for that little girl,” Willow promised and this time there was no bluff, “I promise, okay?”

Go Amazon-Team Maclay! :applause

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next