The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Jan 25th 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Dub

Quote:
If you are looking to peak my interest, I can tell you drastic AU wont do it. But what will is utilizing a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over daily rewatches, skills that make me a nightmare for people who cant stand repetitive tone deaf singing. If you stop the OMWF quotes, that'll be the end of it. I will still look for them. No killing required.

I can tell you I am a big fan of repurposing lines from the show. Wishes can come true...

:wink

Will's redemption

Quote:
Like Dub I liked the OMWF-eastereggs in Anya's tirade.

Yay!

Quote:
Yay that Willow and Tara get to spend an extra day together every week!

I'm slowly shifting them towards fully living together mwuhahaha :kdevil

Quote:
Good thing that Willow's happy lovelife obviously makes her calmer in dealing with Anya so she wasn't baited by Anya's pretty mean comment.

Willow knows she gets Tara-points when she's nicer to Anya :wink

Quote:
I guess Anya vanished into her bedroom with the money to do her "dance of capitalism" in peace?

I'm guessing she has a 'dance of getting one over on Willow' as well.

Quote:
Amen!

Ditto :wink

Quote:
I recognized the song title in the last sentence (a song by Richard Marx if I recall correctly).

Yup!

Quote:
Anya might have a point here... maybe Tara could DJ some alternative sex playlists for a change. :wink

I concur :laugh

Quote:
I know what Anya is trying to do here but still find her comments pretty funny.

That is Anya in a nutshell

Quote:
I kind of hope that Willow will talk Xander into trying to "win Anya back". Valentine's Day has just started, maybe Xander can come up with some romantic gesture?

I think even just 'hello' would work at this point! They both want it.

Quote:
And I'd love to know more about Willow's plans for the rest of the day (the romance part and the orgasms part).

Ask and you shall receive!

Thanks so much for your feedback!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
It's lovely that Willow is able to spend more time with Tara, much to Anya's annoyance. Her disdain for their relationship is kind of hilarious though and I imagine if you weren't "in it" they'd be kind of annoying to live with, as most rambunctious couples are!

I think it's a nightmare to live with a couple if you're single, no matter what! :lol

Quote:
I hope they get Anya and Xander back together, sad to see Anya sad, but if they do get back together and Xander visits I dread to think what Willow and Tara will over hear!

Payback's a bitch :laugh

Thanks for commenting :)

shirrey

Quote:
'pussy' and 'Killing Eve'- I see you :)

:wink

Quote:
ditto on the brilliance of Anya using her OMWF lyrics!! And I love Tara giving Anya a bit of tough love.

I think Tara is the perfect person to give some tough love - because the love always shines through!

Quote:
always, the girls are the sweetest

My favorite thing about them <3

Thanks for your feedback!!

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Jan 25th 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Swinging Into A New Spot (In Your Heart)

Then She Appeared,
A Love So Fine,
My Valentine

Tara stepped out of the break room at Delicatessens into the alleyway outside.

Usually, there was just a dumpster there to greet her, but this time Willow was doing her darnedest to pretty up the place in a bright, sunny dress, rainbow leggings, and holding the same red rose from breakfast.

“Well if it isn’t my Valentine,” Tara greeted her with a cheek kiss, “How long have you been standing out here?”

“Long enough for my nasal cavities to have given out in protest,” Willow replied chirpily as she offered her arm.

Tara linked it and Willow brought her to the parking lot where Velma was waiting. She had her top box attached and sealed tight so Tara couldn’t see what was inside.

Willow handed Tara her helmet and Tara swung her leg over the seat to slide in behind Willow, trusting her with wherever they were about to go or whatever was about to happen.

As they drove through Hollywood, Tara had no idea where Willow was taking her, but once they turned off Santa Monica Boulevard and onto Sunset, she had a pretty good guess.

When Willow drove them into Elysian Park, Tara figured a hike was on the cards and was glad she’d changed into comfortable jeans and sneakers before leaving work. Willow wore her topbox on her shoulder and offered her hand to Tara.

Together, Willow led them to a trail behind a little battered fence.

“I love all these little spots L.A. has hidden,” Tara said as they started on the winding dirt path, “Feels like a secret between us and the city.”

Willow just smiled secretly and squeezed Tara’s hand.

They chatted a bit as they walked the circular trail but were content to enjoy the scenery together in companionable silence. As they were close to getting back to the parking lot, Willow tugged gently on Tara’s hand and pulled her up to a different trail.

Tara smiled curiously.

“What are you up to?”

“I didn’t carry this thing around for extra weight training,” Willow quipped as she shrugged the top box on her shoulder.

Tara laughed.

“Okay, okay. Lead the way.”

Willow pointed and they fell into step with each other. It was a bit of a steeper hike than before but it was only ten minutes before they were approaching a cliff with insane views out over the city, mountains, and coastline.

Right on the edge was a gorgeous, old tree with a large branch sticking out, holding a swing on long ropes.

“Phew. It's here,” Willow smiled as her heart pounded from the climb, “See this swing? It comes and goes and nobody knows why. It just disappears and reappears. I hoped it would be here today.”

She pulled on Tara’s hand again and brought her over to it. She left the top box in the dirt and sat in the swing then gently pulled Tara into her lap. Giving the most minimal of pushes so that they swayed more than swung, she closed her arms around Tara’s stomach.

“Our old swings got paved over, so I thought this can be our new swing. What do you think?”

Tara leaned into Willow. Mere feet away from the edge, she felt on top of the world.

“I think this couldn’t be more perfect.”

Willow beamed and accepted a soft kiss from Tara.

They ‘swung’ as the sun began to set until the sky was orange enough to prompt Willow to finally reveal the contents of her top box as she laid out a picnic for them.

“This is beautiful, Willow,” Tara complimented as she folded her legs under her, “I’m going to have to start thinking how to one-up you next year.”

“Just keep your clothes off all day,” Willow suggested with a grin, “That’s like ten times better.”

Tara blushed and smiled toward the ground.

“Well, I have a gift for you…but it’s at home.”

Willow’s eyes started to twinkle.

“I have a gift for you too…if you hand me your phone.”

Tara’s eyes narrowed curiously and she reached into her pocket to retrieve her phone. Willow took it, angled her body away, and spent a few minutes clicking away.

Tara didn’t mind; she found Willow’s concentration face beyond adorable.

Finally, Willow tapped the home button and excitedly thrust the phone at Tara.

Tara took it and waved it around.

“Did you give me free long distance for life?”

“No,” Willow giggled, “It’s a…treasure hunt! You have to find it.”

Tara stared at her phone for a moment, unsure how to proceed.

“I’ll give you a clue. I put a new app on your phone,” Willow said, nodding quickly.

Tara narrowed her eyes while smiling crookedly and pulled up her app menu.

It took her until she was at the end before she noticed a different icon and spotted the name.

“Under Your Spell,” she read allowed.

“Like the song you wrote for me?” Willow asked with a slight nervous lilt in her tone.

Tara glanced over to Willow and back at the phone.

“Did you…did you make me an app?”

Willow bit the corner of her lip, looking hopeful.

“Just open it.”

Tara opened it and immediately a picture of them opened through a heart transition. Once inside there was a background of the collage Tara had made Willow for starting college and a scrolling drop-down menu. Tara pressed the downward arrow and saw options for Photos, Videos, Music, and then more confusing ones like Stars, Candle, and Map.

Tara tapped 'Candle' and a bright flicking image of a candle came on screen when she ‘lit’ it with a virtual match. Moments later, Willow’s phone pinged.

“I was inspired by the bears you got us,” Willow explained, referencing the toys that lit up when the other hugged it, “Now if you light the candle, I’ll get a notification and know you’re thinking of me.”

Willow pulled out her phone and showed Tara.

“And look, I can do the same.”

She ‘lit’ the candle on her side and Tara’s phone buzzed. The flame shot up on the screen.

“See? It’s extra flamey.”

Tara found herself a little overcome but Willow just put a hand on her knee and showed her the other tabs.

“See, I put a little map of all of the places we’ve been and I added the photos and memories I have. And I put some of those Japanese commercials you like so much,” she explained, slightly giddy, “And these are all the photos and videos I have of us from traveling and growing up and stuff and the music tab is, um, our playlist.”

She paused and blushed.

“And some other playlists with songs that remind me of you. Oh and check this out. Lay down with me?”

The thin material of the blanket wasn’t much against the rough terrain beneath them but Tara didn’t hesitate for a second in lying down.

The sky was transitioning through the latter half of twilight into the night and the stars were just starting to shine through. Tara put her head on Willow’s shoulder as Willow held the phone up and granted camera access.

“Look,” Willow said as little dots on the screen tried to arrange themselves and eventually formed into the shape of a wonky pineapple, “I calibrated all of your constellations.”

She cycled through ‘Short Man Looking Uncomfortable’ and ‘Moose Getting A Sponge Bath’ before she heard a little sniffle and looked over to see Tara wiping her tears on Willow’s shirt.

“Baby?” Willow asked, lowering the phone.

Tara looked up, eyes still glassy.

“I can’t believe you did all of this.”

Willow reached up and wiped Tara’s tears with her thumb.

“I may not be able to sew or sing or play like you do, but I can code with the best of them. I hope it goes some way to make you feel how I feel every time you gift me one of your creations.”

She leaned in and kissed over each of Tara’s eyelids. They shared a glassy smile, then Willow bumped Tara’s shoulder.

“I haven’t even shown you the best part.”

Tara raised an eyebrow and Willow handed her back the phone. Willow guided her to a link at the bottom of the screen with ‘My Willow Tree’ written decidedly smaller than everything around it. Tara looked at Willow again and Willow just nodded with a bashful grin.

Tara pressed it and it asked for a password.

“Remember our safe word?” Willow asked quietly.

Tara looked more curious as she typed in their safe word. Immediately, a hidden folder opened filled with photos of Willow in various states of undress and no dress. Tara’s eyes widened and put her hand over the screen, lest the fire ants get a glimpse of her girl.

“Willow!” she exclaimed in a whisper but couldn’t hide her wide, shining eyes or excited smile, “Really?!”

“You like ‘em?” Willow asked, her teeth flashing nervously.

Tara peeked around her hand and back.

“Oh my god.”

She looked again, lingering longer each time.

“Do I get to…keep these?”

“If you want to,” Willow replied, her shoe twitching in the ground, “Only you and I have access to the app and you saw the password and stuff so I know it’s secure.”

Tara let her hand fall away and enjoyed the pictures in all of their glory.

“Did you take these in my bedroom?”

“Yeah, earlier,” Willow said, ducking her head shyly, “Some of those angles are harder than you think!”

They looked at each other and laughed and Tara took one last scroll before clicking out.

“Willow, this is incredible. I just…god, I love you so much.”

She planted a kiss on Willow’s lips, who cupped Tara’s cheek and returned it.

Tara placed her hand on Willow’s hip and tugged lightly.

“I think we should head home so you can take care of the consequences of those photos.”

Willow’s eyelashes fluttered.

“A-and what exactly would those be?”

She was close enough to be able to feel Tara’s heartbeat pounding through her shirt as Tara linked Willow’s hand and slid it beneath the waistband of her jeans. Willow’s fingers brushed against the front of Tara’s panties and could feel they were soaked through already.

Her breath quickened as she struggled not to plunge her fingers straight in.

“W-we should get home. Like now.”

Tara’s hips shifted, trying to achieve what Willow was trying to resist.

“I don’t know if I can deal with all of those scooter vibrations…”

Willow met Tara’s eyes slowly.

“Y-you can’t?”

Tara’s face was flushed. They’d been burned so badly before…

But then Willow’s hand moved and pressed on her clit and she was lost to any reasoning.

“Oh god, take me,” Tara whispered as she pulled Willow right on top of her.

It was nowhere near as comfortable as the soft, white sand of the Fijian beach but all Tara could feel was Willow’s welcome weight on top of her and her girlfriend’s hand probing between her legs.

She pulled Willow’s lips down to kiss and help distract from those fire ants trying to bite her ankles and the rocky terrain digging into her back.

“Just rub me,” Tara moaned softly, closing her hands around Willow’s neck.

Willow quickly complied, conscious that while the trail up here was steep and off the beaten track, she sure as heck wasn’t the only person who knew about it.

At least they were fully clothed this time.

Willow rubbed her fingers quickly over Tara’s clit, receiving plenty of aid from the slickness already there.

“You’re so wet,” she whispered as her own hips started to push in and add momentum.

“You’re so hot,” Tara countered, closing her eyes tight, “That one with your boobs pressed together…”

She let out a keening cry that Willow did her best to swallow as she found herself getting aroused by Tara being aroused by her. It was a closed but ever-looping circle and Willow wasn’t sure she would survive the thirty-minute ride home.

She positioned herself so she could rub on Tara’s thigh but Tara sensed it before it even happened and had her hand under Willow’s dress and plunged into her leggings before Willow could even shimmy into place.

Neither tried to drag it out; aware of their surroundings even when being lost in each other. Tara arched her neck back as Willow coaxed the climax from her and Willow took the opportunity to bury her head in there to muffle her groans of pleasure.

They came not quite in sync but in one rolling movement; that ever-looping circle cycling between their bodies until they both felt the relief from their respective throbbings.

Tara pulled her hand out of Willow’s leggings and put the back of her hand on her forehead. She blushed even more than her post-coital flush.

“We shouldn’t have done that.”

“I know,” Willow replied breathlessly as she sat back onto the blanket and grinned, “But I’m glad we did.”

Tara grinned back and shook her head.

“Bad influence!”

Willow’s mouth dropped open.

“You demanded…!”

She paused and smirked.

“Let’s get home so we can do this properly,” she said as she offered her hand, “I didn’t pay Anya to get out of the house for nothing.”

Tara frowned.

“Willow.”

“She said she had plans anyway,” Willow replied defensively as she gathered herself and the pieces of litter that had been scattered by their activities.

Tara pushed herself up with a crooked smile.

“You’re so lucky I’m horny.”

Willow swooped in and stole a cheek kiss before jumping up on shaky legs and helping Tara up too. They packed away the blanket and started to walk back down to the parking lot, hand-in-hand to help each other down the steep curves and windy paths.

The cool air on their faces on the ride home did something to help quell their passions but their hands found each other as soon as Velma was parked up again.

The apartment was dark and empty, but for a note on the table.

“You heard what the lady said,” Willow grinned, reading it over Tara’s shoulder, “Wait here for a minute?”

Tara nodded and watched Willow go, feeling a reigniting spark between her legs.

She got a glass of water while she waited for the call to join her girlfriend. It was only a couple of minutes but Tara found herself tapping her fingers impatiently. It was rare they got the whole place to themselves and she was itching for a continuation of earlier on a comfortable surface.

Soft music began to play.

“Oh, baby…” Willow’s sweet and alluring voice called in a sing-song voice from the bedroom.

Tara pushed herself off of the kitchen counter and practically ran into the bedroom.

She gasped softly at the scene inside.

Candles were dotted all over, casting the room in an intense, romantic glow. Willow had changed the sheets to the fancy, white Egyptian cotton ones and had used rose petals to form a heart on the bed, of which Willow was lying in the middle of on her side, wearing red and black matching lacy underwear. Another, or possibly the same from earlier, rose was clenched between her teeth.

Music played and matched the sensual feeling pouring out from all corners.

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can

Tara found her breath coming in shallow.

“H-How did you do all of this?”

“I set it up earlier,” Willow explained softly, dropping the rose to hold between her fingers “Just had to light the candles and play the music. Hope you don't mind me changing it up a bit.”

Tara floated over to the bed and perched on the side, sliding her finger over Willow’s bra strap.

“And you had to put this on.”

Willow grinned.

“It was on under what I was wearing.”

Tara’s hand dropped to the little bow on the front of Willow’s panties.

“I didn’t even feel it.”

“You were too busy feeling something else,” Willow replied and arched an eyebrow, “Why don’t you come and feel them properly?”

Tara bent one knee onto the bed and dropped her hands to the hem of her shirt to start to unbutton it. Before the first one came undone, she paused.

“You want a little show?” she asked with her cheeks turning a bashful pink.

Willow felt her heart quicken.

“I wouldn’t say no.”

Tara stepped back a few feet.

“Change the music.”

Willow scrambled for her phone and changed the music.

She smirked at Tara.

Oh, baby now let's get down tonight

Tara ducked her head and chuckled.

“Okay.”

She started to sway as her fingers retook up the task of unbuttoning her shirt from the bottom up.

Each one was just a little flick of her fingers to free it but she had Willow wrapped up in every little movement. Once the top was loose, her shoulders began to bounce and the fabric began to slip down. Tara reached across her body to her opposite outstretched arm, in a move reminiscent of a ballet step, and held her sleeve so she could slip that arm out. The arm left in the shirt fell shirt when Tara did a little spin.

Makes me feel so fine, it's such a rush

Willow giggled and Tara’s smile turned from bashful to adoring.

Any shyness dissipated and she thrust her hips as she popped the button on her jeans. She dragged the zip down as slowly as she could and then allowed the jeans to be shed by some purposeful juts of her hips.

She stepped out of the material pooled at her ankles and swerved in her socks. Back to Willow, she bent over and waved her butt provocatively as she pulled each sock off.

Willow’s eyes were transfixed.

Come take control, just grab a hold
Of my body and mind, soon we'll be making it, honey

Tara straightened up again slowly and keeping her back to Willow, put her hands on her hips. She lifted her arms over her head and did a slow shimmy down until her butt almost hit the floor, then moved back up while her hands went to the hooks on her bra.

She popped each hook with an accompanying body roll and allowed her bra to fall off down one arm. Moving back toward the bed, her fingers hooked into her panties and agonizingly slowly she revealed her behind until her underwear fell down her legs.

Reaching behind, Tara took the rose from alongside Willow. The song was ending so she timed it on the last beat to do a twirl and landed in front of Willow holding the rose between her legs.

Heal me my darling

Willow’s breath was heaving and she quite unceremoniously grabbed Tara and pulled her on top.

“Did you like that?” Tara smirked, feeling the rose pressing between their stomachs.

The stalk was a bit uncomfortable so she tossed it out of the way and onto the floor.

She then pressed her thigh between Willow’s legs where she felt that lovely lacy underwear sink into a pool of wetness.

“Oh, you really liked it.”

She pressed a bit harder and Willow groaned with both pleasure and frustration.

Tara leaned down and kissed under Willow’s belly button, making her squirm. Tara’s hands closed around Willow’s thighs and rubbed up and down, feeling Willow’s arousal spilling out onto her fingertips. Pressing her fingers up for one tantalizing moment, she quickly hooked them into the fabric and pulled them cleanly from Willow’s legs.

She didn’t even have to part Willow’s thighs; they fell open for her in all of their glistening glory.

Tara’s back arched into a lying position and her breath landed on Willow; hot and aching, at least on Willow’s side.

Willow was so wet that Tara didn’t even need to make contact to get her first taste; stealing a drop as it snaked out onto her thigh. Willow’s hips immediately bucked and Tara had no choice but to be engulfed by scent and sweetness and sapidity.

Her tongue descended quickly, unable to hold back, and Willow let her gratitude be known audibly.

Her moaning and little cries of ‘Tara’ bounced off the walls and they both enjoyed not having to worry about being too loud. Tara did her best to push those boundaries.

She allowed her tongue to swipe over Willow’s clit in short, swift bursts until she was swollen and begging. She held Willow by the waist but her fingers began to creep up Willow’s ribs and over her covered breasts.

Never had Willow twisted so hard to get herself out of her bra.

Once abandoned, Tara had free range, and right as she got her fingers over Willow’s nipples, she sucked directly on Willow’s clit.

She was rewarded with a hand twining in her hair and pulling just hard enough to make Tara throb below.

“I’m gonna come,” Willow panted, pushing herself up into Tara’s face, “Oh god, I’m gonna come so hard.”

She closed her other hand over Tara’s atop her breast and squeezed to get Tara’s touch even tighter.

Her moans got higher and filled with more tension until she felt Tara’s tongue wiggle in her opening and she burst from inside. She twitched and tensed as it rushed through her nerves before her back arched and she finally settled with a long release of breath.

Tara just kept her tongue flush on Willow’s flesh and massaged Willow’s stomach until she felt her girlfriend’s thigh muscles relax again.

She kissed her way up Willow’s body and eagerly pressed their lips together, needing some kind of satiation for the ache between her legs. She felt her own sticky lips and broke the kiss for a moment to wipe at her mouth.

“I like it,” Willow whispered and pulled Tara back in quickly.

Their naked bodies pressed together for the first time that evening and it was an instant reignited spark. Willow’s brow was still wet with sweat but she gathered all of her strength to roll Tara onto her back. She reached down and ran one finger through Tara’s slick lips.

“Oh, I know what you want.”

Tara tried to hold back a shudder.

“I bet you do.”

Willow bent her head and licked one of Tara’s nipples.

There was no holding back the shiver this time.

Willow took advantage by having her fingertips dance down Tara’s side, elongating the shudder until it gave Tara a preview of what was to come. Or rather, who was to come.

Willow caught Tara’s hip and pulled at her to get Tara’s leg over her waist.

Tara bit her lip in anticipation as she was spread open and closed her eyes as she waited for Willow’s hand to tend to her aching clit.

Willow did tease her a moment but she didn’t seem to be able to hold back either, so she quickly got her fingers working where Tara needed her most.

Tara’s neck arched back into the pillows and each hand took a handful of those luxuriously soft sheets.

“Get inside me,” she moaned and again, Willow didn’t deny.

Tara’s knuckles turned white.

“Yes,” her body strained at the welcome intrusion and swallowed everything Willow was offering.

Willow also found herself unable to hold back moans.

“You’re so wet I can barely stay in,” she panted as she struggled to use her other arm to hold herself above Tara.

“Use more,” Tara moaned, her tongue practically hanging out.

“Yeah?” Willow asked and just got an intense hip buck as an answer.

She added a third finger and they both gasped slowly as they felt the stretch from opposite sides. Willow rested her forehead on Tara’s forehead and they both adjusted into a position they could hold. Willow was slower with her thrusts but it was a quick acclimatization and they were quickly back to where they were before with faster grinding and white knuckles in the sheets.

“Hold my back instead,” Willow requested through a fast breath and moaned when Tara’s hands sunk into her skin instead of the sheets, “Oh yeah, I love that.”

Tara’s short nails were just the right length to leave little marks without actually damaging her and Willow lived for every reminder on her skin.

Willow watched Tara’s facial muscles twitch and tense with her building orgasm and used the cues to drive her close to the edge before backing off just enough to draw it out.

Willow’s name on Tara’s breath came out more of a curse as she desperately sought release but Willow knew if she got her timing just right that Tara would be satisfied for the week.

On the third build-up, Willow noted Tara’s flared nostrils as a sign that she needed it, now. Willow’s arms were about falling off anyway so she started to curl her fingers and had Tara moaning in moments, pushing her hips so hard toward Willow that she was at risk of getting friction burn.

Just as Tara’s body started to lose the tension, Willow wrapped her lips around one of Tara’s rock-hard nipples and bit down.

Tara screamed so loud with the intensity of her second orgasm that Willow was surprised the windows didn’t break.

Willow released Tara’s nipple and soothed it with a lick as an elongated quiver quaked through Tara’s body.

Tara collapsed back onto the bed with a sound that could have been painful so Willow quickly removed herself and cupped Tara between her legs; enjoying still being able to feel Tara’s heartbeat there.

“Oh, yeah,” Tara sighed with her chest heaving and eyes still shut, “Oh wow.”

Willow curled herself around Tara’s side, keeping her hand where it was.

Tara’s arm came up languidly and searched for Willow’s head, finding her face first and patting around until she could cup the back of Willow’s head.

“You’re amazing.”

Willow couldn’t help enjoying hearing that.

“Yeah?”

Tara chuckled.

“You are a rockstar. No one could know my body like you do.”

Willow smiled, smug and keen.

“You want me to eat you out?”

Tara exhaled slowly.

“Maybe later. I’m way too sensitive right now.”

Willow coaxed Tara onto her side with her hand where it needed to be and they shimmed under the sheets together.

“Maybe we sleep for a little bit first?” Willow suggested.

Tara was already gone.

Willow nuzzled into the back of Tara’s neck and closed her eyes.

It was a couple of hours later that Anya found them in this position, having been drawn to their room when seeing the flicking light from the candles through the open door.

She saw them sleeping and rolled her eyes.

“Idiots. Fire safety 101: always blow out the candles.”

She blew out all the candles and as she walked back to the door, she spotted the rose on the floor. She picked it up, looked at it, and remembered a text message from earlier.

She smiled.

She stopped at the door and shook her head as she closed it.

“Goodnight, lesbians,” she whispered as she headed back to her bedroom and started to reply.

Tara woke with a full bladder and was glad to see the sun hadn’t come up yet.

She got out of bed, careful not to wake Willow, and donned her robe to run across to the bathroom.

She’d only made the naked-dash mistake once. Anya complimenting her on her pretty p—

No, she couldn’t even think it.

The memory was too traumatic.

Thankfully the apartment was quiet and she did her business without incident and returned to bed.

Willow stirred as Tara got under the covers but Tara was quick to soothe her by stroking her arm.

“It’s still early. Go back to sleep.”

Willow snuggled into Tara and protested at the feel of her robe.

“No’nuff’boob.”

Tara pulled the tie on her robe free and let the sides fall free.

“Mmmm,” Willow sighed softly and nuzzled between Tara’s breasts.

Tara put an arm around Willow’s shoulders and held her there while she closed her eyes again.

She never quite got back to sleep, merely dozing in and out of dreamworld, but she found it quite pleasant to feel herself floating in and out of her embrace with Willow.

She turned off the alarm when it became apparent she wasn’t going to need it. When it came close to that time she began to slowly stroke Willow’s back to wake her.

Willow woke in a slow, luxurious manner from the toes up; each muscle merely being coaxed from her deep slumber. Eventually, she inhaled and nuzzled up into Tara’s neck.

“Is it morning?”

“Just about,” Tara replied softly, “We have a little time.”

“Mmm,” Willow replied happily, “I like a little time.”

She opened her eyes and coaxed Tara’s face to turn toward hers with light fingertips.

They met for a kiss and Willow hooked her leg over Tara’s waist as their heads settled back on the pillow.

“I never gave you your gift last night,” Tara said as she rubbed her hand over Willow’s hip.

Willow chuckled.

“Oh yes, you did.”

Tara blushed and smiled. Without breaking their embrace, she turned and opened her nightstand drawer, pulling out something wrapped in red tissue.

Willow smiled, rubbed her eyes sleepily, and started to peel it back. She pulled out a red beanie hat with a white poof and a white heart beaded into the side.

“This is so pretty,” Willow spun it on her hand, then her eyes slowly widened, “Wait. Did you make this?”

Tara just smiled.

“Oh my god,” Willow beamed, fixing it over her bedhead, “Perfect fit, of course.”

She threw her arms around Tara and kissed her cheek.

“I love it, I love you.”

“Look on the inside,” Tara encouraged softly.

Willow looked at Tara curiously, then took the hat off and bent the inside out. Inside, the whole way around were the words stitched in black:

Take me to your heart, for it’s there that I belong

One of Willow’s favorite Elvis lyrics.

She felt a lump in her throat.

“Tara this is so beautiful. It’s my favorite hat ever, and I have a lot of hats!”

Tara ducked her head in and kissed Willow’s cheek.

“I love you my little lovebug.”

Willow turned her head to meet Tara’s lips.

Tara nuzzled their noses and lowered her voice.

“So, can I…upload you some additional gifts onto this app of yours?”

Willow’s eyes darkened.

“Definitely,” she said with her voice jumping with excitement, then concern, “Only if you want to. No pressure.”

Tara offered a crooked smirk.

“Any requests?”

Willow gulped audibly.

“Boobs?”

Tara could only laugh.

“Well, of course,” she said and pulled Willow back into a cuddle to enjoy their last couple of minutes before they parted again for the week.

“I hope Anya is okay,” she mused after a moment, then winced, expecting a chiding for mentioning Anya in this sacred time.

Instead, Willow surprised her.

“I might have given Xander a shovel talk yesterday.”

Tara’s eyebrows rose into her forehead.

“Oh?”

“More of a ‘stop being an idiot or I’ll beat you to death with a shovel’ kinda talk,” Willow amended and sighed, “We’ve had a few chats like that in our lifetime. Thankfully he never picked up on the ones about me.”

Tara found herself grateful for that as well.

“That was very kind of you.”

Willow snuggled harder into Tara.

“Nobody could ever be as lucky or as happy as me,” she smiled up at her love, “But they at least deserve a shot.”

Tara leaned down and pressed their lips together.

“I love you.”

“I love you,” Willow echoed and somehow, they got closer.

The week could wait another few minutes.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Feb 1st 202
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:44 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
Quote:
Under Your Spell
extra flamey
Japanese commercials
‘Short Man Looking Uncomfortable’ and ‘Moose Getting A Sponge Bath’
My Willow Tree

You went to town. Even down to the point they have to talk about someone else while in bed. I imagine Buffy would be weirded out learning the amount they spoke about her in their bed. I imagine Anya would get a kick out of it though.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:55 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Since Dub took on the role as "canon easteregg tracking dog" :wink I won't mention them any more. Even more reason for you to read every chapter of "Infinitely" and "Inevitable", Dub, because they are full of quotes from and references to canon.

I loved the gifts the girls gave each other, selfmade and unique and so full of love. And Willow went all out again on the romance with the picnic at that lovely spot! :bigkiss
Quote:
“This is beautiful, Willow,” Tara complimented as she folded her legs under her, “I’m going to have to start thinking how to one-up you next year.”

“Just keep your clothes off all day,” Willow suggested with a grin, “That’s like ten times better.”

:lol That could be tougher for you than you think, Willow, because obviously Valentine's Day will be on a Monday next year so you might be forced to blow off your classes... :wink

Lucky that no other couple(s) had the same idea on Valentine's Day so the romantic spot wasn't already taken when they arrived and noone barged in on them with their hands in each others ..."cookie jars"... :wink

And then at home: "loud orgasms at Tara's discretion" - CHECK! :drool :drool :drool

I loved Anya's note and the thoughtfulness (almost tenderness) she showed towards Willow and Tara by checking in on them, blowing out the candles and her whispered "Goodnight, lesbians".

Quote:
She’d only made the naked-dash mistake once. Anya complimenting her on her pretty p—

No, she couldn’t even think it.

The memory was too traumatic.

:rofl Not so tender but so Anya - and I'm sure she didn't intend to tease Tara but meant it as a real compliment.

Quote:
Willow stirred as Tara got under the covers but Tara was quick to soothe her by stroking her arm.

“It’s still early. Go back to sleep.”

Willow snuggled into Tara and protested at the feel of her robe.

“No’nuff’boob.”

Tara pulled the tie on her robe free and let the sides fall free.

“Mmmm,” Willow sighed softly and nuzzled between Tara’s breasts.

Tara put an arm around Willow’s shoulders and held her there while she closed her eyes again.

:bigkiss AWWW³, half asleep Willow searching for "her" boobies like a baby is the cutest!

Quote:
Tara offered a crooked smirk.

“Any requests?”

Willow gulped audibly.

“Boobs?”

Tara could only laugh.

“Well, of course,” she said and pulled Willow back into a cuddle to enjoy their last couple of minutes before they parted again for the week.

:rofl One track mind in sleep and awake.

Quote:
“I might have given Xander a shovel talk yesterday.”

Tara’s eyebrows rose into her forehead.

“Oh?”

“More of a ‘stop being an idiot or I’ll beat you to death with a shovel’ kinda talk,” Willow amended and sighed, “We’ve had a few chats like that in our lifetime. Thankfully he never picked up on the ones about me.”

Tara found herself grateful for that as well.

“That was very kind of you.”

Willow snuggled harder into Tara.

“Nobody could ever be as lucky or as happy as me,” she smiled up at her love, “But they at least deserve a shot.”

Yay, go Willow! I wonder if they video-chatted so Willow could pull out her resolve face?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:32 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Willow is a picnic expert!! It reminded me of their picnic in.... Spain (?? I think)

Anya was real cute, kudos for Willow for getting in touch with Xander b/c she realizes doesn't have to understand why Anya, just accept that it is.

I love how personal their gifts to each other are... those are always the best gifts. and the extra flamey "i am thinking of you" thing- swoon

Tara reminded me of a burlesque dancer.... and I am just going to sit with those thoughts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Quote:
Since Dub took on the role as "canon easteregg tracking dog" :wink I won't mention them any more. Even more reason for you to read every chapter of "Infinitely" and "Inevitable", Dub, because they are full of quotes from and references to canon.

Please don't stop on my account.
Hmm peer pressure. You're a piece of work. I like you.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Well guys I injured myself and am stuck lying on my side for a few days - this makes it really difficult to type at length on the laptop so I am on a temporary hiatus this week! Sorry for the delay and will be back ASAP!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:11 am 

Oh no Laragh, that sounds painful! I'm trying to send healing vibes your way and hope you'll get well soon. :bigkiss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:01 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Take care of you Laragh, we'll be here :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub

Quote:
You went to town. Even down to the point they have to talk about someone else while in bed. I imagine Buffy would be weirded out learning the amount they spoke about her in their bed. I imagine Anya would get a kick out of it though.

I try :wink

Quote:
Please don't stop on my account.
Hmm peer pressure. You're a piece of work. I like you.

:lol I like you both, you should both come back, maybe even do a double act

Will's redemption

Quote:

There's enough of me stealing canon for everyone :D

Quote:
:lol That could be tougher for you than you think, Willow, because obviously Valentine's Day will be on a Monday next year so you might be forced to blow off your classes... :wink

Ah yes, but in the wonderful world of fanfiction I can sprinkle some magic Tinkerbell dust and make it any day I want :kdevil

Quote:
Lucky that no other couple(s) had the same idea on Valentine's Day so the romantic spot wasn't already taken when they arrived and noone barged in on them with their hands in each others ..."cookie jars"... :wink

It IS lucky, isn't it? Almost like they had a helping hand :laugh

Quote:
And then at home: "loud orgasms at Tara's discretion" - CHECK! :drool :drool :drool

:D

Quote:
I loved Anya's note and the thoughtfulness (almost tenderness) she showed towards Willow and Tara by checking in on them, blowing out the candles and her whispered "Goodnight, lesbians".

I do love a little bit of subtly tender Anya (like when she's writing her vows) She has a heart, like the rest of us.

Quote:
:rofl Not so tender but so Anya - and I'm sure she didn't intend to tease Tara but meant it as a real compliment.

Oh I have no doubt about it

Quote:
:bigkiss AWWW³, half asleep Willow searching for "her" boobies like a baby is the cutest!

Wouldn't you search for your comfort blanket if it was so wonderful and bouncy too? :laugh

Quote:
:rofl One track mind in sleep and awake.

YUP

Quote:
Yay, go Willow! I wonder if they video-chatted so Willow could pull out her resolve face?

I bet she did, no one can beat that.

Thanks so much for commenting and your well wishes!

shirrey

Quote:
Willow is a picnic expert!! It reminded me of their picnic in.... Spain (?? I think)

Rome! I really love Willow embracing all of these classic romantic tropes when she tried so hard to reject romance with Tara before.

Quote:
Anya was real cute, kudos for Willow for getting in touch with Xander b/c she realizes doesn't have to understand why Anya, just accept that it is.

True for so many things in life.

Quote:
I love how personal their gifts to each other are... those are always the best gifts. and the extra flamey "i am thinking of you" thing- swoon

I cannot tell you the amount of time I've researched gifts for them to get each other across all of my fics :laugh

Quote:
Tara reminded me of a burlesque dancer.... and I am just going to sit with those thoughts

Those are fun thoughts. I've had those thoughts too :D

Thanks so much for your feedback and well wishes :)

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

An Unexpected Opportunity

Oh, It's My Time

Tara wiped the back of her hand against her sweaty forehead as she dragged three cases of glasses along the basement floor.

She knew she’d only be able to carry one at a time upstairs to the bar but it would take her three times as long to carry each one individually from the spot in the furthest corner. Waitressing had taught her an awful lot about people, memory, and quick math but doing bar back work had really taught her about maximizing her work output in the shortest time possible. She knew exactly how much she could carry, balance or drag just by looking at it and could calculate the quickest route around the bar from any point, even when navigating drunk patrons or busy servers.

Her hosting duties were easy physically but she got tips on her barback shifts so she quite enjoyed the balance.

“Tara?”

Tara straightened up in surprise. Apart from emergency replenishing by the bartenders, she was usually the only one who did the runs down here.

“Yes?” she asked, not 100% sure who it was in the dim light.

There were boots on the stairs and Trina, the bar manager, appeared in front of Tara, hands folded at her hips.

“We have a problem.”

Tara nodded, quick to respond.

“How can I help?”

Willow saw Tara’s name light up on her cell phone and was quick to answer it.

She laid on her stomach on Tara’s bed and kicked her legs back as she spoke.

“Ugh baby, you’re finally on your break,” she lamented, closing her eyes, “I’m having the worst time.”

“Um, are you okay?” Tara’s slightly distracted voice asked.

Willow rolled her eyes to high heaven.

“Anya is walking around like a blushing schoolgirl. It’s very odd. And she’s been sexting Xander all evening,” she said, barely concealing a shudder, “OUT. LOUD. I wanted a coke and I got an earful of co—you know what, your perfect ears don’t need to be subjected to it.”

“I’m glad they’re getting on again,” Tara replied with lots of background noise behind her.

Willow scoffed.

“Did you miss the ‘out loud’ part?”

There was more murmuring noise before Tara spoke again.

“Honey, could you come down to Deli by any chance?”

Willow frowned.

“Is everything okay?”

More rustling and something sounding like retching.

“The DJ, he’s puking his guts up in the bathroom. Thinks he had some bad shrimp.”

“‘Kay…” Willow replied slightly dubiously, “And you need me to…hold his hair?”

Honestly, she would if Tara asked her.

“They asked me to take over his set,” Tara’s crackling voice came through the line.

Willow immediately jumped into a sitting position, eyes wide.

“Wait, a whole set?”

“Yes,” Tara replied and the line was just clear enough that Willow detected the nerves.

“Holy shit!” Willow replied, rolling right up onto her feet, “Thank you so much for calling me! I wouldn’t miss it for the world!”

“That’s very sweet,” Tara said with an obvious smile in her voice, “Can you also bring my iPad and memory stick?”

Willow lunged towards Tara’s desk drawer to get the items.

“Bringing them right now! I’ll be there in 10! This is so exciting! I love you so much! I’ll be right there! Where are my shoes?!”

She wasn’t sure she ever hung up but must have at some point between finding her rainbowiest converse and bolting out the door while Anya furiously texted on her phone.

“…and then you’re going to put your…”

The door slammed before Willow’s ears could be assaulted anymore. Her Hello Kitty backpack bounced on her shoulders carrying Tara’s devices.

The bouncer let her straight in, much to the annoyance of the people standing in line not wearing Hello Kitty backpacks.

As Willow approached the bar, one of the tenders pointed back toward where the break room was.

Willow smiled at the familiarity of it all.

She went back to where she knew the break room was, having waited for Tara in there once or twice, and knocked before popping her head in.

Tara was sitting at the table, concentrating hard on a laptop. She glanced up upon hearing the door open.

“Thank you so much, Willow.”

Willow hurried over and thrust her backpack at Tara.

“CanIReallyQuicklySayI’mSuperProudAndThenI'llShutUpUnlessYouSpeakToMe?”

Tara smiled softly, nervously.

“Thank you.”

She took her devices out and plugged them into the laptop.

Willow wasn’t told to leave, so she didn’t. She hung back at the wall and just watched Tara do what she needed to do.

Tara had sometimes teased her about her ‘concentration face’ but as Willow watched Tara prepare, she began to understand why. Concentration faces were very sexy. It was adorable with just enough intensity to be very hot.

It was so silent that when Tara closed the lid slightly forcefully, Willow jumped.

Tara held her devices under her arm and looked over at Willow. Her face was slightly tense but her eyes were clear and determined.

“You coming up there with me?”

Willow’s eyes widened.

“Hell yes.”

“You can’t touch anything,” Tara said with an insistent, raised eyebrow.

Willow clapped her hands behind her back and smiled winningly.

Tara offered a crooked smile and indicated for her to follow.

They left through a side door and approached the DJ platform from behind. The curtain was still pulled but you could hear the crowd on the other side bopping to the warm-up playlist.

Tara plugged some things in and handed a pair of over-ear headphones to Willow.

Willow perched herself on the little seat, really just a square of plastic jutting out of the railing in the corner, and put the headphones around her neck. She watched Tara press so many buttons and plug in so many things that she likened it to an airline pilot.

Every so often Tara would refer to some written instructions but she seemed pretty confident in what she was doing.

Willow stayed still and silent, watching, fascinated, and excited for what was about to come. She felt like she was in the jump seat of that plane Tara was piloting.

Finally, Tara donned her headphones and looked over to Willow.

“Wish me luck,” she whispered.

Instead, Willow carefully stood and crossed the platform to plant a long smooch on Tara’s lips before quickly retaking her seat and pulling the headphones over her ears. She smiled assuredly.

Tara swallowed, exhaled, and made some hand gesture to someone below.

Her fingers rested over the laptop and other buttons on the decks. She hung her head and seemed to be taking even breaths.

There was some crackling on the speaker system, then a voice came over it.

“In a change to our schedule, please welcome DJ TAROT!!”

Tara’s fingers began to work, music began to play and the curtains flew open to drunken, enthusiastic cheers.

The lights momentarily blinded Willow but once her eyes adjusted she was able to watch Tara in all of her florescent glory.

It was obvious and understandable that Tara had been nervous; it was her first full set and she’d been given less than an hour to prepare.

But Willow also knew that the moment the music began to play through Tara’s fingers that she would be a natural. She noticed once Tara had done her first transition into the next song that her body began to move in time with the beat and that was it; she was in this and the rhythm had taken her.

Willow noticed Tara was sweating profusely so went to get her a water and diet coke and smiled smugly when she was allowed back onto the platform straight away.

If only Cordelia Chase could see her now.

Tara welcomed both drinks and downed one after the other.

Willow would be lying if she said she didn’t find it extremely hot. Tara must have felt similar because suddenly she grabbed Willow and planted one on her; letting her tongue do the talking.

There was a cheer from the crowd and Tara popped off, holding the headphone to her ear and bobbing her head in time.

A little dazed, Willow sank back down onto the little seat with lipstick smeared on her mouth, hanging slightly open.

This felt like a dream.

Minutes passed in a blur of music and lights and cheers and Willow felt caught up in every bit of it.

She felt like she was watching a kaleidoscope of Tara with all of the flashing lights. And Tara was so obviously taken in her new role, it was a joy to watch her allow herself to be so overtaken by something that went beyond herself.

A huge cheer startled Willow and she blinked heavily when the curtains suddenly shot closed.

Tara untangled her headphones and looked at Willow with red cheeks and a slight sheen. The look in her eyes was almost feral.

Willow approached and reached up to wipe a bead of sweat from her brow. Tara turned her head and licked Willow’s wrist.

“I know you never waste a drip.”

Willow shuddered but it hadn’t even finished wracking through her body when they both felt and heard the motion of feet on the steps up to the podium. Trina appeared and threw her arms around Tara, unaware of disturbing anything.

“I’m very, very impressed,” she complimented Tara, “Perhaps we can look into playing here again. If you can handle the responsibility?”

Tara just smiled coolly.

“You can trust I’ll never eat bad shrimp.”

Willow laughed loudly.

“She’s allergic. I can’t even eat it in case I kiss her,” she said, then straightened her face and took a step back, “Ignore me. I'm just a…groupie.”

Trina just smiled too and squeezed Tara’s arm,

“We’ll chat again. Anton and Keira can handle the rest of the shift. You can head home. You deserve a rest.”

She left and Willow grabbed both of Tara’s arms, squeezing and jumping up and down. Tara pulled her forward and rested their foreheads together.

“Home. Now.”

“For a rest?” Willow asked with an innocent eyebrow raise.

Tara smirked.

“For a little unrest.”

Willow lay panting and twisted in the sheets with her head stuck to the pillow with sweat.

“Oh baby,” she groaned in delight as each small movement made her quiver right down between her legs, “I mean if that’s how you respond to playing a show…sign me up for being a groupie for real. Do they have duties? Apart from like…the obvious? I can carry your things and make sure you have water and…”

She trailed off as she noticed Tara was staring off in another direction.

“Baby?”

Tara blinked several times and turned her head back to Willow.

“Sorry?”

Willow frowned.

“Are you okay? Did you not…?”

Tara blinked again; taking a moment to get Willow’s meaning.

“Oh, no, I did. It was great.”

“Are you sure?” Willow asked, reaching out to touch Tara’s cheek, “You don’t seem quite as…pumped.”

Tara looked at Willow for a long moment.

“Am I crazy?”

“Crazy?” Willow raised an eyebrow, “Tara Rochelle Maclay, you are many things but crazy is not one of them. What makes you think that you’re crazy?”

Tara stared up at the wall again.

“This DJ stuff. Am I way in over my head? I’m not that kind of…performer. Nate always lit up the stage like that, I was just the background piece.”

“Not from where I was standing,” Willow replied softly.

Tara smiled and leaned in to press a kiss on Willow’s cheek.

“I love music. I love the creation of it; I love molding two beats together and making it send a shiver up your spine. I love finding the perfect note to transition between two songs. I know I can make a really stellar setlist. But to perform it? I felt so…consumed up there. And after, it was like every note was still beating in my body. I almost felt drunk or something and like I had to just grab you and throw you down and…”

“Hey, I’m not complaining,” Willow smiled.

Tara returned a soft smile.

“I’m glad. But am I kidding myself?”

“Why, because you turned out to be amazing?” Willow scoff-laughed, “Because you got to be the center of attention for your own work? No! You deserve this. You deserve all those good endorphins and you deserve to feel proud and you deserve every bit of recognition and reward you get for your talents. Tell me one thing: did you enjoy it?”

Tara’s eyes cast sideways towards Willow’s face.

“I loved it.”

Willow grinned.

“And the crowd loved you too.”

Tara slowly smiled and Willow leaned down, putting her finger under Tara’s chin to lift it to kiss.

Tara moved on her side and started to push Willow back down onto the bed. She smirked.

“I think I still have some adrenaline to work out.”

Willow happily sank back into the sheets.

“Well then, baby, let me be your turntable.”

Tara snuck out of the bedroom, trying not to wake Willow, as she held her vibrating phone in her hand.

“Hello?” she answered softly as she tied her robe around her waist.

“Tara!” Trina, the bar manager’s voice came through the other end and Tara internally cringed.

She really didn’t want to be called into work early; she had brunch plans with Willow.

“Hey, Trina,” she tried her hardest to sound happy about the call, “Um, what can I do for you?”

“You can tell me when you’re free to fill the DJ spot again,” Trina chirped back giddily.

Tara froze for a moment, surprised.

“Really?” she asked, unsure. She knew the woman had said so the night before but her doubts were telling her she had just been polite.

“Let’s just say our marketing team is very pleased with the way your show circled around social media,” Trina replied with a pep in her voice, “We want to see you do another show, one all of your own this time, and see if you really can bring the magic.”

Tara had to swallow several times to bring some moisture to her mouth.

“I would love to. You can pencil me in whenever you want.”

“Excellent!” Trina’s glee rang through the line, “Take the day off, kid. You more than earned your hours last night. See you soon, Tara! Bye.”

“Bye,” Tara echoed and hung up the call.

As she was still staring at her phone in shock, Anya came out of her bedroom, typing on her phone.

“…on top of your penis!” she said cheerily before looking up, “Good morning.”

Tara suddenly ran to Anya and hugged her.

“Good morning!”

Anya stumbled back, looking at Tara oddly.

“Did Willow not ‘tend’ to you last night?” she asked with a furrowed brow, “Because I kind of have another thing going here. You should have hopped on this when you had the chance.”

Tara took Anya’s face in her hands and held her gently.

“You deserve happiness, Anya.”

She nodded once, then made a beeline back for her bedroom. Anya shook her head.

“And people call me strange,” she said as she poured a cup of coffee and went back to her phone, “Now where was I? Oh yes. And then the monkey hand…”

“Tara?” Willow’s sleepy voice asked as Tara slipped back into the room.

“I’m here,” Tara reassured softly, getting back under the covers, “Just had to take a quick phone call.”

“Mmm. On a Sunday morning?” Willow mumbled against Tara’s neck, “Better be important.”

Tara kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“The most important.”

“Yeah?” Willow stifled a yawn.

“Mmhm,” Tara confirmed.

She pulled the blanket back around them tightly.

“A call to say I get to spend the whole day with you.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:40 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
For a little unrest.”

Willow lay panting and twisted in the sheets with her head stuck to the pillow with sweat.

The anger you have likely created with just one line. One actual, straight, horizontal line. Not even a shape or formed to create a letter. The amount of weight that line holds. The seething it will cause. I approve.
Its like when a DJ builds up a beat to get the crowd going and then when its about to hit, drops it to a completely different song. (That's all my DJ knowledge used up.)

Laragh wrote:
“You can trust I’ll never eat bad shrimp.”

Willow laughed loudly.

“She’s allergic.

*Sniff* Canon - Triangle.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Feb 15th 20
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:52 am 

I take your update as a sign that you are feeling better again, Laragh, and am glad about it.

Quote:
“Anya is walking around like a blushing schoolgirl. It’s very odd. And she’s been sexting Xander all evening,” she said, barely concealing a shudder, “OUT. LOUD. I wanted a coke and I got an earful of co—you know what, your perfect ears don’t need to be subjected to it.”

“I’m glad they’re getting on again,” Tara replied with lots of background noise behind her.

Willow scoffed.

“Did you miss the ‘out loud’ part?”

:lol Payback's a bitch!

Quote:
“The DJ, he’s puking his guts up in the bathroom. Thinks he had some bad shrimp.”

“‘Kay…” Willow replied slightly dubiously, “And you need me to…hold his hair?”

Honestly, she would if Tara asked her.

:laugh If that isn't true love I don't know what is...

Quote:
Her Hello Kitty backpack bounced on her shoulders carrying Tara’s devices.

The bouncer let her straight in, much to the annoyance of the people standing in line not wearing Hello Kitty backpacks.

:rofl Yay, go Willow, you most adorable "uncool" person in the universe - take that you "cool" club goers!

Quote:
Willow would be lying if she said she didn’t find it extremely hot. Tara must have felt similar because suddenly she grabbed Willow and planted one on her; letting her tongue do the talking.

There was a cheer from the crowd and Tara popped off, holding the headphone to her ear and bobbing her head in time.

A little dazed, Willow sank back down onto the little seat with lipstick smeared on her mouth, hanging slightly open.

This felt like a dream.

Minutes passed in a blur of music and lights and cheers and Willow felt caught up in every bit of it.

She felt like she was watching a kaleidoscope of Tara with all of the flashing lights. And Tara was so obviously taken in her new role, it was a joy to watch her allow herself to be so overtaken by something that went beyond herself.

A huge cheer startled Willow and she blinked heavily when the curtains suddenly shot closed.

Tara untangled her headphones and looked at Willow with red cheeks and a slight sheen. The look in her eyes was almost feral.

Yay that Tara's real DJ debut went so well and that she enjoyed the rush.

Quote:

“Oh baby,” she groaned in delight as each small movement made her quiver right down between her legs, “I mean if that’s how you respond to playing a show…sign me up for being a groupie for real. Do they have duties? Apart from like…the obvious? I can carry your things and make sure you have water and…”

Willow is so cute! :bigkiss I hope she'll still feel that enthusiastic once Tara's DJ career really kicks of and she'll have to travel around the clubs in California (and probably other states on the west coast) every weekend...

Quote:
“This DJ stuff. Am I way in over my head? I’m not that kind of…performer. Nate always lit up the stage like that, I was just the background piece.”

“Not from where I was standing,” Willow replied softly.

Tara smiled and leaned in to press a kiss on Willow’s cheek.

“I love music. I love the creation of it; I love molding two beats together and making it send a shiver up your spine. I love finding the perfect note to transition between two songs. I know I can make a really stellar setlist. But to perform it? I felt so…consumed up there. And after, it was like every note was still beating in my body. I almost felt drunk or something and like I had to just grab you and throw you down and…”

“Hey, I’m not complaining,” Willow smiled.

Tara returned a soft smile.

“I’m glad. But am I kidding myself?”

“Why, because you turned out to be amazing?” Willow scoff-laughed, “Because you got to be the center of attention for your own work? No! You deserve this. You deserve all those good endorphins and you deserve to feel proud and you deserve every bit of recognition and reward you get for your talents. Tell me one thing: did you enjoy it?”

Tara’s eyes cast sideways towards Willow’s face.

“I loved it.”

Willow grinned.

“And the crowd loved you too.”

It's totally in character for Tara to have those doubts and even a little fear because she felt so consumed by the performance and the place in the spotlight (like "Whoa, is this still me?). But I'm glad that Willow helped to put her at ease again.

Quote:
Tara moved on her side and started to push Willow back down onto the bed. She smirked.

“I think I still have some adrenaline to work out.”

Willow happily sank back into the sheets.

“Well then, baby, let me be your turntable.”

:lol Much less buttons to press...

Quote:
As she was still staring at her phone in shock, Anya came out of her bedroom, typing on her phone.

“…on top of your penis!” she said cheerily before looking up, “Good morning.”

Tara suddenly ran to Anya and hugged her.

“Good morning!”

Anya stumbled back, looking at Tara oddly.

“Did Willow not ‘tend’ to you last night?” she asked with a furrowed brow, “Because I kind of have another thing going here. You should have hopped on this when you had the chance.”

Tara took Anya’s face in her hands and held her gently.

“You deserve happiness, Anya.”

She nodded once, then made a beeline back for her bedroom. Anya shook her head.

“And people call me strange,” she said as she poured a cup of coffee and went back to her phone, “Now where was I? Oh yes. And then the monkey hand…”

:flower Awww on Tara's side, :lol on Anya's side. I'm a little confused about her sexting, does she just (totally unnecessarily) read out loud what she is typing in chat or is she sending voice messages to Xander? I actually can't recall if the "monkey hand" is a canon easteregg - what does your sharp nose tell you, Dub?

Since I remember from the epilogue of "Inevitable" that Nate kickstarts Tara's career with a recommondation on Twitter after watching her perform as a DJ I kind of hope he'll make an appearance in one of the next chapters. It would be funny if he gave a kind of "shovel speech" to Willow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:58 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Will's redemption wrote:
"monkey hand" is a canon easteregg - what does your sharp nose tell you, Dub?

Anya and monkeys, I think there are two references, one with wanting to see the monkey playing ice hockey film and another saying monkeys are on the discovery channel.
Mummy hand is certainly one but I cant recall a monkey hand.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:58 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
Will's redemption wrote:
"monkey hand" is a canon easteregg - what does your sharp nose tell you, Dub?

Anya and monkeys, I think there are two references, one with wanting to see the monkey playing ice hockey film and another saying monkeys are on the discovery channel.
Mummy hand is certainly one but I cant recall a monkey hand.

I think you're mixing up the discovery channel comment with the koalas. Anya wanted to watch the ice hockey monkey film and she and Xander were watching Monkey Trouble in OMWF. The monkey hand was the least-beastiality-like reference I could think of while still referencing monkeys (I imagined Xander wearing some kind of costume paw and honestly my brain noped out imagining any further)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

The Bargaining Part one. They are having a Scooby meeting about resurrecting Buffy and they say its going to happen tonight which Anya responds but the monkeys are on the Discovery channel tonight and our tape recorder is all wonky. Something along those lines. Its a throw away line easily missed in the tension of that scene.

"least-beastiality-like reference" - Well that's my phrase for the day to try and fit in somewhere.

Did not know about the Monkey Trouble, still so much to find in that episode. So many details.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
The Bargaining Part one. They are having a Scooby meeting about resurrecting Buffy and they say its going to happen tonight which Anya responds but the monkeys are on the Discovery channel tonight and our tape recorder is all wonky. Something along those lines. Its a throw away line easily missed in the tension of that scene.

Great catch! It affirms Anya's monkey love and makes me think Tara and Anya might have watched The Discovery Channel together!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Extra long chapter this week because I may need to take next week off to get the chapter finished - my weekend became unexpectedly busy!

Dub

Quote:
The anger you have likely created with just one line. One actual, straight, horizontal line. Not even a shape or formed to create a letter. The amount of weight that line holds. The seething it will cause. I approve.

:kdevil

Quote:
Its like when a DJ builds up a beat to get the crowd going and then when its about to hit, drops it to a completely different song. (That's all my DJ knowledge used up.)

About equivocal with mine.

Quote:
*Sniff* Canon - Triangle.

Tara's so cute in that scene!

Thanks for commenting :)

Will's redemption

Quote:
I take your update as a sign that you are feeling better again, Laragh, and am glad about it.

I am, W's r, thanks :)

Quote:
:lol Payback's a bitch!

Right? :lol

Quote:
:laugh If that isn't true love I don't know what is...

Very true!

Quote:
:rofl Yay, go Willow, you most adorable "uncool" person in the universe - take that you "cool" club goers!

I love uncool Willow bopping like she's hot (which she also is!) but it's just so funny

Quote:
Yay that Tara's real DJ debut went so well and that she enjoyed the rush.

It's very exciting for her.

Quote:
Willow is so cute! :bigkiss I hope she'll still feel that enthusiastic once Tara's DJ career really kicks of and she'll have to travel around the clubs in California (and probably other states on the west coast) every weekend...

Well...oh, you'll see.

Quote:
It's totally in character for Tara to have those doubts and even a little fear because she felt so consumed by the performance and the place in the spotlight (like "Whoa, is this still me?). But I'm glad that Willow helped to put her at ease again.

This is one of my favorite things of the W/T relationship, owning up to these doubts and ploughing through them.

Quote:
:lol Much less buttons to press...

And so much more fun to play with.

Quote:
:flower Awww on Tara's side, :lol on Anya's side. I'm a little confused about her sexting, does she just (totally unnecessarily) read out loud what she is typing in chat or is she sending voice messages to Xander?

Yep! Kind of like when she was speaking her vows while her dress was being fixed.

Quote:
I actually can't recall if the "monkey hand" is a canon easteregg - what does your sharp nose tell you, Dub?

Dub is on it and confirmed it even further!

Quote:
Since I remember from the epilogue of "Inevitable" that Nate kickstarts Tara's career with a recommondation on Twitter after watching her perform as a DJ I kind of hope he'll make an appearance in one of the next chapters. It would be funny if he gave a kind of "shovel speech" to Willow.

It's a-comin', I promise!

Thanks so much for commenting!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Seder Crusader

God Only Knows What I'd Be Without You

Tara watched, concealing a smile, as Anya continued to check her appearance on any shiny surface she passed.

“You look really nice,” she reassured softly.

Anya shrugged it off.

“What do I care?”

“Okay,” Tara nodded knowingly, “They’ll be here soon.”

Anya shrugged again.

“Don’t care.”

Despite her protests, as soon as there was a knock on the door, Anya jumped about ten feet.

“I’ll get it,” Tara said in a light, sing-song voice as Anya checked her hair in the toaster yet again.

Tara answered the door and was surprised by the rush of red that ran in.

“Willow,” she said, quickly looking out behind her before closing the door, “You’re early.”

Willow was pacing up and down all in a fluster.

“Tara! Disaster!”

Anya rolled her eyes and went off to the bathroom, uninterested in whatever was happening. Tara quickly approached Willow and took her hands.

“Darling, what’s wrong?”

Willow paused and looked at Tara with wide eyes. She gulped.

“I may have invited my parents for a Passover Seder.”

Tara’s brow furrowed.

“Invited them…where?”

Willow gave a pained, awkward smile. Tara’s eyes widened.

“Here?!” she asked incredulously, “You invited them here? When?”

Willow bit her lower lip.

“Tonight?”

“WHAT!?” Tara exclaimed, her jaw tensing.

“I PANICKED! THEY WANTED ME TO COME HOME!” Willow replied in a louder, distressed tone, before dropping her voice, “And I…I wanted…”

She looked at Tara meekly.

“I wanted to have sex this weekend.”

“Willow,” Tara clicked her tongue, folding her arms on her chest.

“It was a long week!” Willow whined.

Even though Anya was in another room, Tara took Willow’s elbow and brought her to the furthest corner, out of earshot.

“I put that video you asked for on our app,” she said quietly.

“Why do you think I need it so badly this weekend?!” Willow retorted with her facial muscles bulging.

Tara’s hands covered her face and with perfect timing, another knock went at the door.

Willow’s head flew toward it in horror.

“No! They can’t be here already!”

Tara exhaled and strode across the room.

“They’re not,” she said as she threw open the door, “They are!”

On the other side, Buffy and Xander stood, looking awkwardly at each other at whatever scene they’d just walked into.

Willow blinked heavily.

“Huh?”

“Nice to see you, too,” Xander quipped.

Willow shook her head and came over to hug her friends.

“It’s so good to see you guys.”

From the bathroom, Anya came hurrying out and waved frantically.

“Xander! Hi!”

Xander smiled bashfully and waved back.

“Hi Anya,” Buffy greeted and was ignored, so turned the other way, “Hi Tara.”

“Hi Buffy,” Tara greeted back and they leaned in for a brief but sincere hug.

Willow finally seemed to get her bearings.

“Hi Buff,” she said and glanced briefly at Xander but he and Anya were still making googly eyes so she focused back on her other friend, “What are you doing here?”

“Tara invited us,” Buffy replied with a smile.

Willow frowned.

“For Passover?”

“Huh?” Buffy asked, brow furrowing.

“Is that like the Mescal in Mexico?” Xander finally looked over to them, “Because I’m not such my constitution could take it.”

Anya started laughing uproariously.

“That was a joke, a funny joke!” she announced, beaming at Xander, “You made a funny joke.”

Xander smiled sheepishly.

“Thanks.”

Buffy glanced around the whole room.

“Should we…not have come?”

“No, of course, you should have,” Tara said softly, “I’m glad you’re here. It was supposed to be a surprise for you, Willow.”

“Mission accomplished,” Willow smiled awkwardly, “But I have to tell you guys, you just walked into a crisis.”

“It can’t be any worse than Dawn screeching to take her with me,” Buffy quipped, leaving out ‘or holding my mom’s hair back while she pukes after treatments’.

Tara seemed to know though, patting Buffy’s shoulder, who gave a little, gracious smile.

“Willow invited her parents here for us to host a Passover Seder, apparently. We have — how long?”

Willow glanced at her watch and grimaced.

“Maybe three hours?”

Tara tried to breathe evenly.

“Okay. Are we supposed to cook during that time? Do you even know how to cook the right food?”

Willow frowned.

“We can’t do anything leavened so no wheat, barley, rye, oats or beans, peas, rice, corn…”

“Sounds like paleo,” Buffy interjected, “I tried it once. It…sucked.”

Willow suddenly clicked her fingers.

“We’ll get take out from the Jewish deli in Fairfax. We’ll empty it into dishes, my parents will never know. I’ll go right now.”

“What can we do?” Tara asked as Willow fussed around for the bag she’d dropped upon entering.

Willow popped up with her wallet and looked around.

“Make the table look nice. Spring-like. Use the blue and white tablecloth. And can you make five bowls look pretty on a plate? I’ll explain later,” she said to Tara before smiling eagerly at Buffy, “You, burn some eggs. I entirely trust you to be able to do that.”

While Buffy frowned, Willow spun to Xander and Anya, who were now whispering to each other on the couch.

“And you two…” she paused and shook her head, “Are not even listening to me anyway.”

She turned toward the door and Tara held a set of keys out.

“Take my car.”

“Right,” Willow nodded and grabbed them.

“Don’t speed!” Tara called after her but Willow was already practically spinning.

On the couch, there was a giggle from Anya as Xander leaned in with a goofy smile on his face. Buffy and Tara shared a pained look.

Over two hours later, Willow returned with white paper bags on her arm.

“I have gefilte fish, I have brisket, I have knish and I have matzo! Ooh, can’t forget the horseradish,” she announced as she dropped the bags at the corner of the kitchen, “I also have the worst neck cramp in the world because it took me that long to get through 4 square miles of L.A. traffic.”

She stopped, took a breath, and immediately inhaled deeply.

“How does it smell so good in here?”

Buffy was using two bags of flour as weights while she did lunges while Tara was in an apron in the kitchen stirring a big pot.

“I roasted a chicken and now I’m making a soup,” Tara explained, taking a quick water break, “It has to at least seem like we tried to cook.”

“I’m helping by staying out of the way,” Buffy smiled, “But I burned those eggs up good for you!”

“I’ve been learning a lot about The Bachelor,” Tara added with a fond smile for Buffy.

“Great!” Willow replied, looking unsurely between her girlfriend and best friend, “Where are Xander and Anya?”

A silence came upon the room.

“We sent them on a walk,” Tara said softly.

Buffy shuddered.

“It was uncomfortable for us all.”

Willow suddenly had a memory of being in the parking lot and feeling like a car that looked suspiciously like Xander's old jalopy was rocking back and forth. Assuming it was her vision giving out after her scurrying around to get supplies and/or dehydration from her state of panic, she had continued without looking but now she paled.

“So, um, did you say chicken soup?” she said, and then her head shot up with an idea, “Hey, we can make matzo ball soup! I got the mix and everything!”

“Okay,” Tara replied, taking out a new bowl, “I’ve never made them before.”

“I’ll help,” Willow replied, eager to impress, “It’s super easy.”

Buffy came over to help Willow unload the supplies while Willow showed the box of matzo meal mix to Tara.

Together they started to mix it up per instructions, sharing natural flirty glances and giggles along the way.

Buffy took a step back out of their space.

Between Xander and Anya unable to keep their hands off each other and Willow and Tara unable to keep their eyes off each other, Buffy felt her body parts lacking a partner.

“Should I go get some flowers?” she asked, feeling like some air wrapped around her would be second best to some hunky male right now.

“That would be so helpful,” Willow looked over her shoulder with a big nod, “Tulips if you can find them.”

She bumped Tara’s shoulder and lowered her voice.

“They won’t beat your two lips but they’ll look good on the table.”

They giggled and didn’t hear Buffy leave.

The matzo ball making was a pretty easy endeavor with the mix involved and in a few minutes, they were in the pot of boiling water, cooking. Once Willow washed her hands, she turned around and finally registered the set table.

Tara had utilized the blue and white tablecloth as Willow had requested and on it had placed white plates with the silverware wrapped up in twine. Empty wine bottles with lights inside sat either end of the table and in the middle was the plate Willow had requested Tara make up with the little bowls.

Willow would fill them with the specific items that were significant to the story of Passover soon.

Two big, yellow-y/orange-y candles sat next to the bottles waiting to be lit, and at each place-setting was a mason jar for a glass.

“Wow, this table looks great!” she exclaimed and took out a little brown bag from inside another bag, “I just need to put the Haggadah out.”

Tara frowned at the wording.

“I know Hecate but not so sure about Haggadah…”

“It’s like a ceremony booklet,” Willow explained quickly, “I found a Judaica store a few blocks away, thankfully. And please don’t say other God or Goddess’s names in front of my father.”

Tara nodded quickly to indicate she understood but frowned even deeper when she saw Willow placing the little booklets at each place-setting.

“Willow this says The Stonewall Seder,” she read aloud and flicked through it, her eyes widening, “It’s LGBTQ themed.”

“I didn’t have many options; we're in West Hollywood!” Willow protested, looking at the back of the booklet before setting it back down, “It can’t be that gay.”

As she set the final one in place, she noticed the mason jars each had a little piece of brown paper attached by twine with a name scribbled on it.

Willow touched one and looked up at Tara.

“Did you put name tags around these mason jars?”

“Yes?” Tara asked unsurely, wondering if she’d made a Passover faux-pas.

Willow strode over to Tara, grabbed her cheeks, and pushed her against the nearest wall.

“I’m so horny for you.”

She started kissing Tara ferociously but Tara had to push her off.

“Well, you have to wait because of the mess you’ve dropped us in.”

Willow opened her mouth to protest but then it suddenly dropped further in horror.

“WINE!”

“What?” Tara asked with a frown.

Willow’s hands clutched her head.

“I didn’t get any wine! There has to be wine!”

“You can’t get any wine,” Tara replied in a soothing voice, “Nowhere will serve you. I’m sure your parents will understand.”

Willow’s hands dropped and she looked at Tara pleadingly.

“Just let me touch your boobs once,” she said, her eyes almost bugging out of her head, “For anxiety relief!”

Tara was very close to allowing Willow to cop a feel, such was the alarming look on her girlfriend’s face.

Before she could decide, there was a knock on the door and Willow jumped.

Tara answered the door cautiously and breathed out when she saw who was on the other side. She stepped aside to let her in.

“Buffy!” Willow exhaled, throwing her head back.

Buffy looked confused but Tara tried to calm everything down.

“These are lovely, Buffy, thank you,” she took the tulips from her to find a vase, “Willow, do you need to do your plate…thing?”

“Shit!” Willow exclaimed, turning herself around on the spot, “Where are the burned eggs?!”

Buffy proudly directed Willow to the eggs and began helping her prepare the Seder plate. Each little bowl had food items arranged that had significance to the telling of the story of Passover — The Exodus from Egypt by Israelite slaves and their deliverance from slavery by Yahweh.

Willow’s items were a little bit more thrown-together than the Seder plates she’d grown up with, but technically all there.

Once again there was a knock on the door and again, Willow jumped.

“Buffy hide the flour!” she said, and Buffy ran to grab the vase sitting on the counter, “Now the flowers, the flour!”

She flapped her hand in the direction of the bags of flour still sitting on the floor from earlier.

Buffy bent down with wide eyes.

“Is it against Judaism? Should I bring it down to the dumpster?” she asked Tara, her eyes growing in concern, “Should I burn it?”

“I-I think just put it into the cabinet,” Tara advised gently and with an unsure glance at Willow.

Buffy picked up both bags with ease but as she pushed them into the cabinet, a puff of flour fell out of an opening and covered her hands and sleeves. She stared down at them in alarm.

At the door, Willow adjusted her shirt so it was crease-free and opened the door with a big, albeit forced, smile.

“Hi—” she started, but immediately deflated when it was just Xander and Anya, sharing coy smiles and red faces, “Ugh!”

“Fine, we won’t come back to help!” Anya said indignantly, looking up at Xander, “Why did you make me come back? They’re not even paying us to help!”

Xander just looked sheepish while Tara rubbed her temple as Willow’s head fell against the door.

“Can you guys just start shining some glasses or something?” she requested softly.

“And wash your hands first!” Willow yelled back, trying not to shudder.

Xander and Anya went to the sink but just used it as an opportunity to play ‘handsie’ and splash water at each other.

Whatever animosity had been hanging between them had clearly been well and truly ‘banged’ out.

The door knocked again and Willow threw it open without preamble.

“And who’s this, a lost delivery boy?” she asked with a heavy eye roll before standing up straight with a squeak when she saw who was on the other side, “Mom! Dad!”

“And what kind of a greeting to guests do you think that is?” Sheila asked with her nose turned up.

Ira entered the apartment more jovially.

“Gut yontiff!” he greeted and smiled to see all of the different faces, “Oh, wonderful. A full house. Just as the holiday prescribed.”

He placed his hand on Tara’s arm and shook her hand warmly.

“My dear, thank you for inviting us today.”

“Mmhmm,” Tara nodded quickly and tried to smile.

Ira approached the next closest person, Buffy, who backed away, holding up her white hands.

“Don’t touch me! I’m unclean!”

“We’re also unclean,” Anya informed them helpfully, “But we washed our hands.”

Willow started laughing almost maniacally.

“They’re doing a bit,” she said, her eyes boring into Buffy, Xander, and Anya in that order, “And now they’re going to go clean up as a symbolic show of respect for the holiday. So, uh, go right ahead guys!”

She kept laughing and hugged her father as cover while the three scurried off to the bathroom.

Tara closed the door and took Sheila’s coat, who also offered a bottle of wine. Tara held it up, hoping it would calm her girlfriend down a bit.

“Oh, Willow, look.”

“Wine!” Willow exclaimed as if she’d just received the greatest gift of her life.

Tara brought the wine over and pressed it into Willow’s hands while whispering in her ear.

“Take a breath, love.”

Willow met Tara’s eyes and copied Tara as she took in a slow breath.

She mouthed ‘thank you’ and adopted a more natural smile to go and hug her parents.

“Thanks for coming,” she said, stepping back as the others returned from the bathroom, “Um, you remember Xander and Buffy and Anya, Xander’s…uh, Tara’s roommate.”

“Chag sameach,” Anya greeted brightly.

Ira smiled, impressed and even Willow’s eyebrows shot up.

“What a respectful young woman.”

“I briefly lived in a Hasidic Jewish community in Monsey when I was younger,” Anya explained with an even nod.

“How fascinating,” Ira replied, closing his arms on his chest in interest, “Are you of the faith?”

“We’ve tried them all out at some point,” Anya said in that same, bright tone, “My favorite was the Christian sect that originated the story of Santa Claus. He didn't traditionally bring presents so much as, you know, disemboweled children, but otherwise…”

Ira’s arms slowly dropped. Willow quickly cleared her throat.

“Why don’t I get everybody drinks?”

Ira, still slightly taken off-guard but remaining stoic, caught Willow by the elbow.

“Willow, I hope you don’t find this presumptuous but I brought my Kittel.”

Referring to his religious robes usually worn on this occasion, Willow just quickly nodded. She was quite happy for him to take the lead tonight.

“Yeah, go ahead Dad.”

“After the candle lighting, of course,” Ira smiled easily.

“Yes!” Willow replied, glancing out of the kitchen window to see how close to sunset it was, “Yes, I’ll get that set up right now. Um, Tara!”

Tara was quick to Willow’s side.

“Yes, dear?” she asked and didn’t see Ira’s mustache twitch in amusement.

“Those, um, candles?” she asked, her smile painfully wide, as her voice became pleading, “You have those candles we talked about, yeah?”

Tara looked terrified for a moment, before going to the table to pick up two single candlesticks in their holders that had been sitting either end.

“…these ones?” she asked hopefully.

Willow nodded, quick and relieved.

“Yep, there they are!” she said too loudly, grabbing them as she leaned in to kiss Tara’s cheek and whisper, “IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou.”

She took Tara’s hand and brought her over to the window to set the candlesticks down.

“Uh, Buffy,” she called over, and then, reluctantly continued, “And um, Anya? Would you sit here with me while I light the candle? And mom, of course.”

The women all came around and Anya looked like she was going to comment but thankfully stopped.

Willow didn’t see Tara staring Anya into submission from behind.

Willow cleared her throat and lit the candles, then waved her hands over the flame and brought them up to cover her eyes.

“Baruch attah a-donai e-loheinu melech ha'olam, asher kiddeshanu bemitzvotav, vetzivvanu lehadlik ner shel yom tov,” she sang with perfect intonation.

She offered a smile to all of the women, even Anya.

“Baruch attah a-donai e-loheinu melech ha'olam, shehecheyanu vekiyyemanu vehiggi'anu lizman hazzeh.”

She turned back to smile at Tara and leaned back into her for support, which was readily given.

“As we bathe in the light of these candles, we remember all of the candles we’ve lit as the chosen people,” Ira spoke in a soft but purposeful tone, “As we share in this light we see the reflection of the creator’s light and use it as our beacon in work and in our lives. Together we give light to the hopes and dreams of all people.”

The faith might not be the same, but the sentiment was shared with them all.

Once night fell Willow, with a couple of looks from Ira, invited everybody to the table. Ira naturally sat at the head of the table, having adorned his robes, and Willow thought this table full of feminists was not the best place for this, but nobody said anything.

Ira seemed amused and pleased that Willow had sourced her own Haggadah and lifted it as he stood to read proudly.

“Tonight we gather to fulfill a new mitzvah by making sacred the celebration of a Jewish LGBT Pride Seder,” he read, then seemed to hear his own words and frowned, clearing his throat, “Well, um, yes. We celebrate not only as Jews but take pride in our faith but in being…”

He paused again, looking at the words in the booklet carefully.

“Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or in some other way different.”

Willow wanted to die.

She really should have proofread.

She couldn’t bear to look around to see what kind of look her mother was giving her. Under the table, Tara squeezed her hand.

Ira stopped for a long moment, then he locked eyes with Willow and appeared to stand taller, reading again, strong and proud.

“That includes looking at our Jewish heritage through the lens of our love, and at our heritage as LGBT people through our spiritual lens. It means remembering those who wore pink triangles in the death camps, and the Jews at the Stonewall Inn. And it means honoring the memory of those who fought for our full equality before the law for our relationships, and for our love. It means calling forth the words and wisdom of the ancestors and elders of our community, often ignored or forgotten by the wider world. Tonight we honor our whole heritage, by sharing stories of our predecessors, stories of our own lives, and the stories we have yet to live. We seek to be our whole selves before god and know that no part of who we are is unacceptable.”

Willow’s heart was beating out of her chest and she could just about manage to share a small smile with her father.

Ira closed the booklet in front of him and continued to speak of his own volition.

“On Passover, we celebrate our liberation as Jews of the Jewish people from Egypt and the slavery endured there, together with the abominations of Egypt and their way of life. So today, we celebrate our physical liberation and our spiritual freedom. One cannot be without the other and no real freedom exists without accepting the Torah and its guidance in our daily lives. It is holy life that is true freedom. It is love that is true freedom.”

He continued for a long while in speaking of the importance of faith. Buffy did her best not to fall asleep, Xander and Anya did their best to keep their hand-play under the table and Willow listened as raptly as she ever had; feeling a connection to her faith that she rarely did after listening to her father stand up for her with his words.

Tara had put her arm around Willow and was getting annoyed glances from Sheila, but it was hard to tell whether or not that was just her resting face. Still, she assumed Willow would tell her if she was making some faux pas so she didn’t let Sheila intimidate her into showing less affection.

Finally, Ira finished speaking and everyone was jolted back into the moment by Willow and Sheila standing and lifting their small cups of wine. The others gave confused looks before joining and did well to keep a neutral face as Ira began recounting a long blessing.

When he finished, he leaned to the left and drank from the cup. When both Willow and Sheila did the same, everyone cottoned on and did the same and sat down again.

And then immediately stood back up; some staggered in confusion.

Willow silently brought a basin to the table with another small cup and Ira poured water over each hand three times, then passed the basin to the side for Sheila to do the same. They continued around the table; the simple motion picked up by the non-Jews quickly enough that no one needed to ask what to do.

The next while consisted of a lot of blessings over various foods before Ira began to recount the story of the escape from Egypt.

And that took a long time.

It was a big story.

Willow asked Ira prescribed questions about why this night differed from all others and Ira answered with his own added accounts from the Torah; a retelling of old accounts and a discussion of the four types of children: the wise child, the wicked child, the simple child, and the child who doesn’t know enough to ask a question. He poured a second cup of tine but he didn’t drink; instead, he used his finger to transfer ten drops to his plate.

And then a song began to be sung, waking a few at the table up.

Tara did her mightiest to keep the tune and hum along to encourage everyone else at the table.

Finally, Ira said another blessing and drank the wine.

There were relieved looks on Buffy and Xander’s face but Anya knew it wasn’t over and squeezed Xander’s thigh, who jumped.

The basin came out again there was more silent hand-washing.

“We already did this,” Buffy whispered.

“Bunny, ssh,” Sheila spat across the table and Buffy shifted uncomfortably.

Sheila rolled her eyes.

After the second hand-washing, there were more blessings over increasingly odd kinds of food that most were very glad only Ira sampled. Finally, Buffy watched with horror as Ira dipped one of her burned eggs in saltwater and ate it with a smile.

“Now we can eat,” Willow smiled for everyone.

“Food?” Xander asked with a squeak, “Eat now? Food?”

“Food,” Willow confirmed and Xander snatched up his fork.

Willow and Tara quickly brought the food over to their very hungry and extremely patient guests, who began eating hungrily.

Willow beamed at Tara, who smiled back at her, pleased that not only had the dinner been pulled off, but seemed to have been a real hit.

“What a beautiful tzimmes,” Sheila complimented cordially as she ate some of the root vegetable casserole Willow had bought, “Did you make it, Tara?”

Tara cleared her throat softly.

“Willow took care of it, actually.”

“Really?” Sheila raised an eyebrow.

“Tara made the matzo ball soup,” Willow quickly deflected.

“Well it’s wonderful,” Ira smiled and Tara noticed for the first time that Willow had her father’s smile, “I’m very impressed. We’ll have to have you at every Passover.”

Sheila made some noise at that but Tara just smiled at the compliment.

“Thank you, sir. I’d love to. I found this very enlightening and joyous.”

“And long,” Anya added with a sure nod, “Very, very long.”

Xander groaned but it was lost through all of the food in his mouth.

“Almost as long as—” Anya began to continue, but Buffy took the lead in quickly stepping on her foot, “Ow!”

“Shalom!” Buffy covered and then very quickly ate some brisket to deflect the eyes on her.

“Chag Pesach sameach,” Willow further deflected and while Ira and Sheila looked over them all like they were crazy, Ira offered a placating smile.

“Indeed,” he nodded, “These latkes could be my mother’s! Willow, you must have made them.”

“I did,” Willow replied shyly, “I had Bubbe’s recipe saved on the cloud.”

“Willow’s an excellent cook,” Tara complimented, linking their fingers on the table.

“That’s how hag-gad-ah,” Willow quipped, then trailed off in embarrassment when only blank faces looked back at her, “How I…got…her…”

She looked down and crumpled up her Haggadah in silent protest of her unperceived joke but couldn’t help but smile when she felt a kiss on her cheek a moment later.

She looked over at Tara, who had pulled her hair into a messy but tight bun in some reverence for the occasion and had a moment of just utterly falling in love.

Tara laughed when Xander told an inadvertent joke about dogs attending Synagogues (inadvertent because it wasn’t actually a joke, it was a real question) and Willow truly knew what it meant to swoon.

All Tara had done to help pull this together, not to mention the inviting of friends which she hadn’t even touched on yet with everything else going on — Willow was just so in love with this powerhouse of a woman and she found herself unable to keep it inside.

“Um,” she said as she stood, her body acting before her mind, “Uh…”

Everybody duly paying attention to her now, Willow dropped back into her seat and took both of Tara’s hands.

“Will you move in with me?”

Sheila began to cough and Tara’s eyes widened.

“W-what?”

Willow lightly panted; her heart beating out of her chest.

“I guess it’s more, will you let me move in with you?” she amended with a nervous smile, and swallowed a lump as she took a cursory glance around the table, “I-I should have done this in private.”

Tara was present entirely with Willow, ignoring the stares.

“Willow, I don’t understand.”

Willow shifted in her chair but didn’t drop Tara’s hands. She looked her in the eye.

“I don’t want to be here at the weekends. I want to be here every day. I want it to be our place.”

“Does that mean you’ll pay more money?” Anya interjected brightly.

They both ignored her.

“What about school?” Tara asked, brow furrowed.

“Yes, indeed,” Sheila huffed, “A pertinent question.”

Willow didn’t break Tara’s gaze.

“I can arrange my labs on one day and do virtual classes. I’ve already looked into it.”

Tara’s lips twitched on one side.

“Are you really serious?”

“Every night of your life,” Willow answered, smiling in the same way.

Tara’s grin broke out in full.

“Of course, I want to live with you.”

They threw their arms around each other and there was a small clap from their friends.

“You can’t possibly—” Sheila’s voice started to berate but she was interrupted when an unexpected visitor jumped up on the table.

“Miaow!” Miss Kitty Fantastico greeted everyone and snarfed some gefilte fish.

“Miss Kitty, no,” Tara scolded and quickly plucked her up and set her back down on the floor.

Willow chuckled nervously.

“Oh, yeah…we got a cat.”

Ira cleared his throat and raised his glass, apparently choosing to ignore what just happened.

“L’chaim.”

“Bless you,” Buffy answered.

Ira smiled at her.

“And bless you,” he replied sincerely, “All of you. This was an unexpected and truly wonderful celebration. What fine young adults you’ve all grown into. Chag Pesach kasher vesame’ach.”

Willow took Tara’s hand tightly and squeezed the life out of it; unable to even begin to express her glee. Tara smiled at her; crooked and full of joy.

The night went on as did the Seder. Ira asked Willow to go to the kitchen to ‘find’ some matzoh he’d hidden earlier and then broke it for everyone; performed more blessings; drank more wine and participated in a few ritualistic observances but nobody minded as much with fuller bellies.

When it was over, Ira announced he and Sheila would be heading back to their hotel but pulled Willow and Tara aside as Sheila went to the bathroom.

“Girls, I am very impressed with what you’ve done tonight. A small token of my appreciation.”

Into their hands, he slipped two little pouches with a coaster made to look like matzoh, star of David socks, and some $20 bills folded up as well as a card with a blessing.

“Thank you so much,” Tara said sincerely, understanding this was another ritual of the many performed tonight.

“Thanks!” Willow added and looked to Tara, “Um, when I was little the whole finding the matzoh thing was a big deal. It’s called the afikomen and I’d get a little pouch like this with the matzoh and the goodies.”

“I’m honored,” Tara replied with a quick nod, “Ira, your Seder was beautiful. I truly do look forward to the next one.”

Ira nodded cordially and gave Willow a big hug. Sheila came up to them and Tara got an unrelenting stare to leave. What was most impressive about this stare was that Sheila never actually looked at her.

Still, Tara went to clear plates to the sink, forcing Xander and Anya to break apart on the counter.

Anya huffed out a breath of annoyance, then glanced at her bedroom and back to Xander with a soft vulnerability in her eyes.

“I don’t let just anyone in, you know,” she said, eyes searching his, “To my bedroom.”

“I may be dumb but I’m not stupid,” Xander replied with big eyes, “Just talking with you these past few weeks again has been the best part of my day. I’d rather talk all night with you than do anything with anyone else.”

Anya put her palm flat on Xander’s chest.

“I hope that includes dirty talk.”

Tara cleared her throat and tucked some hair behind her ear.

“If you two want to, um, retire for the evening, nobody would mind.”

Anya scoffed.

“What, only you can defile the public spaces?”

“I have never defiled this kitchen,” she said, though had thought about it, “And certainly not with you in front of me.”

“May as well with how loud you are,” Anya retorted.

Xander’s ears perked up.

“L-Loud?” he asked, blinking rapidly, “Like you can hear from out here?”

Anya rolled her eyes.

“It’s boring,” she lamented flatly, then started to grin, “Not like when you do that thing—”

Before Tara could express more horror, Anya suddenly changed tack and softened her voice.

“I’m ready for you to see my bedroom now.”

Xander smiled goofily.

“I can’t wait.”

Anya jumped down and took Xander’s hand and they ran into her room together. Tara exhaled a soft breath and glanced over to Willow, who had her arms folded on her chest. Tara could guess what Sheila’s parting words were.

“Can I help?”

Buffy’s voice broke through Tara’s thoughts and she looked over to the other woman. Seeing Willow hugging her parents goodbye, Tara quickly shook her head.

“You’ve been such a trooper. Thank you so much for the help but you and Willow should go have a catch-up. If you guys pull out the couch I’ll get you sheets.”

“Sweet, thanks,” Buffy smiled and turned back to Willow, who was just closing the door. She smiled as she saw her friend.

“Buffy! I feel like we haven’t even said hello!”

She threw her arms around Buffy.

“Tara says we should pull out the couch,” Buffy said.

“Right!” Willow nodded and brought Buffy over to the pull-out, “Looks like you won’t have to share with Xander.”

“My body won’t, my ears might,” Buffy shuddered.

“I’ll give you earplugs,” Willow replied seriously.

They pulled out the couch and then both sat on either side. Willow smiled softly.

“I’m so pleased you guys came down to see me. I can’t believe it’s the first weekend we’ve done in L.A. Sorry for the…wackiness.”

Buffy smiled back.

“Felt like old times. Having a crisis to solve before our parents found out.”

Willow nodded quickly, then slowly.

“It is different though,” she said, looking up to Buffy, “Sometimes I wish I’d gone to USCD. Kept the gang together.”

“Life moves on,” Buffy shrugged one shoulder, “Why would you want to be stuck in Sunnydale?”

Willow frowned slightly.

“Because you’re my best friend. You and Xander. And I miss those ‘old times’. I miss the three musketeers.”

Xander came out at that moment and Willow smiled.

“Speak of the candy bar.”

“Dehydration break?” Buffy teased.

Xander grinned and perched down near them with a blush on his cheeks.

“I’ve never been happier.”

“I’m glad for you,” Buffy replied, squeezing his arm.

“Me too,” Willow added, then arched an eyebrow, “But if you fuck it up again and I have to deal with a mopey Anya…”

“Is such language kosher on a high holiday?” Xander waggled his eyebrows.

Willow rolled her eyes.

“Oh shut up.”

“Xander!” Anya’s voice called out.

“Coming,” Xander replied with a wicked grin and dashed into the kitchen to grab a spatula, “Goodnight ladies.”

Before he could dash, Tara started waving her hands.

“No, no, no!” she exclaimed, taking the spatula back, “I need that for eggs.”

There was a pause and Tara acquiesced with a sigh.

“Just take it. I’ll never be able to trust it again.”

Xander actually giggled and took it back; disappearing into the bedroom moments later.

Tara sighed as she crossed the kitchen.

“I guess it’s cereal in the morning.”

She got the sheets and a spare pillow and left it on the end of the pull-out.

“Goodnight, Buffy. I hope to have a less crazy chance to speak to you tomorrow,” she smiled and looked to Willow, “See you in bed, honey.”

“I love you,” Willow returned and brushed Tara’s hand before she left.

Willow insisted on doing up the bed for her guest and once she’d fluffed up the pillow, she laid on the bed alongside Buffy.

“How’s your mom doing?” she asked quietly after they’d been silent for a moment.

Buffy thought about lying but didn’t have the energy.

“It’s really hard,” she admitted, “But she needs to lean on me. And her treatments are almost over. She can go back to work and maybe I could get back to school. This year was a write-off but I hope I haven’t attended my last frat party.”

“I think that would be really great. Getting back into school I mean,” Willow said with a serious nod, “We can talk about your options and stuff if you want. You and me, we’re going on a date tomorrow.”

Buffy arched an eyebrow.

“Does Tara know?”

“She will approve of this brief fling,” Willow replied wryly, “She’ll be at school and then working the evening. I have a morning class I have to do online but then I’m free. I’d love to hang out and then go to Tara’s work and watch her DJ after.”

“What about Xander?” Buffy asked.

“Something tells me he’s going to be tied up,” Willow replied, then shuddered at her own wording, “We’ll have a movie night on Saturday, the three of us. You guys are here for the weekend, right?”

“All weekend,” Buffy confirmed, “Brian has practically moved in, so that’s helpful when I need a break.”

“He’s nice, right?” Willow nodded hopefully.

“He’s nice,” Buffy said, picking some lint off her sweater, “Helping a lot with bills right now so…yeah, good guy.”

“It’s probably still weird,” Willow said understandably, “I know it was weird for Tara. You know, with her mom and Mr. B and stuff. But he’s also a great guy so I know she’s happy about it.”

Buffy nodded.

“That’s pretty much how I feel.”

“You should talk to Tara about it,” Willow suggested.

“We have,” Buffy smiled, “We had a chat earlier in between craziness.”

Willow’s face lip up.

“That’s…so great,” she said, feeling her heart full, “I kept her from you all for so long. I’m so happy you can be friends with her too. And I’m glad that you can run away from the house for a while.”

Buffy smiled and nodded toward the bedroom door.

“Why don’t you go be with her.”

“I could stay here,” Willow offered sincerely, “You know, slumber party it up.”

“I wouldn’t keep you from your honey,” Buffy shook her head and grinned, “Besides I haven’t missed your snoring.”

“Oh, whatever,” Willow flipped her hair dramatically and smiled back at her friend. “You sure you’re okay here?”

“TV to myself, kitchen beside me?” Buffy gestured at both, “I’m perfect.”

“Sorry, that’s my girlfriend,” Willow quipped back and Buffy gave her a playful push, “Alright. I'll stop giving you a hard time.”

She paused and grinned from the corner of her mouth.

“Runaway.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at the unexpected accusation.

“Will!”

Willow continued to smile and let out a little giggle.

“I’m sorry,” she said, then her lips popped again, “Quitter!”

Buffy pushed her chest out.

“Whiner.”

They began to exchange barbs, each more bizarre than the next.

“Bailer.”

“Harpy.”

“Delinquent.”

“Tramp.”

“Bad seed.”

“Witch.”

“Freak.”

They fell over laughing; neither even fully sure at what, but it was them. Buffy pulled Willow in for a hug and let her go again.

“Go get your girl.”

Willow rested her hand on Buffy’s and squeezed it.

“You’re the best. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Buffy lifted her hand in a wave and Willow stopped off in the bathroom to brush her teeth because something told her that as soon as she set eyes on Tara she wouldn’t be taking her gaze off of her for a while.

Teeth freshly cleaned, she went into the bedroom and closed the door softly. Tara was folding laundry into her dresser and hadn’t heard her, so Willow sneaked up to wrap her arms around Tara’s waist from behind.

“Hello, gorgeous light-of-my-life and pull-er-off-er of excellent last-minute Seders.”

“You sure know how to throw my life into disarray,” Tara chuckled lightly, “I prefer the kind where we go off and travel the world for a year. We must have done okay, though. Did you hear that invitation I got for future Passovers?”

“I did,” Willow smiled on Tara’s shoulder, “You’ll have to show up now.”

“I will,” Tara replied definitively, “Though I’m not sure your mother would be too pleased.”

Willow’s tongue clicked and she pushed away from Tara to pace.

“What is her deal?” she said, flopping down onto the bed, “Sometimes I really think she gets that I’m gay and has accepted it but then…”

“I-I think she has,” Tara replied softly.

Willow sat up.

“What do you mean? You heard those disapprove-y noises. And I got a ‘think about your future’ speech when she was leaving.”

Tara closed her dresser and came to sit next to Willow.

“That’s the thing. I don’t think her problem is with you being gay,” she said, taking Willow’s hand, “I think her problem is with me as a person. Not with me as a girl.”

Willow’s brow furrowed deeply.

“What could she possibly think is wrong with you? You’re a perfect angel with zero faults and she should be lucky to be in your presence every second.”

Tara smiled softly and gave Willow a soft peck.

“You’re sweet and while slightly biased, I don’t think it’s a personality thing. I represent something she doesn’t like. I don’t know if it’s my family or my art or something else entirely. But she seemed to be okay with how things were with us until you made it clear how serious we were.”

Willow took that in, slowly. Instead of saying anything, she just leaned in and rested her head on Tara’s chest. Tara stroked Willow’s hair down her back and just held her there. After a minute or two, she lifted her head again and smiled nervously.

“Hey, do you remember the part where you agreed to move in with me?”

“I do,” Tara replied, splaying her fingers out on one of Willow’s cheeks, “Do you want to…recant?”

“What? No!” Willow replied quickly, frowning, “Do you?”

“I don’t,” Tara shook her head, “You just seemed to ask on impulse.”

“Well…I did,” Willow admitted, “But also, I didn’t! Because I had been looking into it. I was just going to wait until classes finish for the summer since I can’t amend my classes until then anyway. But I just…”

She stopped and swallowed deeply.

“I was just so caught up in…the Taraness. Not just of you but the stamp you put on the evening and the décor and the food! My dad was right, that’s seriously the best matzoh ball soup we’ve had since Bubbe died. I just wanted to know that could be every day.”

“Please don’t make me do a Seder every day,” Tara laughed.

Willow laughed too.

“No Seders. Just meals. And homework and housework and all the boring stuff. And even the figure-y out stuff like bills. We grew so much traveling by working all of those kinks out and I want to keep growing together.”

Tara let her palm rest under Willow’s chin and tilted it up to kiss her.

“I want all of that too.”

Willow wrapped her arms around Tara and they fell back onto the bed together. They lay on their sides, legs tangled together with their heads on the same pillow.

“I dare say, Ms. Rosenberg, that we are about to live in sin,” Tara smiled crookedly.

“And sin daily, I say,” Willow replied, “Twice a day if we’re up for it. May as well go for broke.”

“My overachiever,” Tara said, tapping Willow’s nose.

Willow tried to bite Tara’s fingertip and Tara teased her by twirling it about Willow’s face.

Finally, Willow caught Tara’s wrist and mock-chomped at her hand before rolling on top of her and doing the same to her face.

Tara giggled and ‘fought’ it but when their lips connected by accident it wasn’t even a split second before they’d pulled each other into a kiss.

“Your lips are like honey,” Willow suckled Tara’s bottom lip into her mouth, “Just like somewhere else.”

She reached down under Tara’s pants and caressed the course hair there and further below into warm, slick arousal.

“God, one kiss can get you this wet?” she whispered through a moan.

“If it’s you kissing me,” Tara replied with a soft pant, twisting her hips into Willow’s hand.

“Oh, I’ll kiss you,” Willow breathed onto Tara’s lips and popped her hand out from beneath Tara’s pants to tug them past her hips.

Tara didn’t object to a quick disrobing and spread her legs for Willow as soon as she was free to do so. Her neck arched back into the pillows when Willow’s tongue landed between her legs. A shiver started at the base of her spine and made her hips buck into Willow’s mouth.

She really didn’t care what she was grinding into, as long as it was attached to Willow.

But it was hard to deny how skilled Willow was with that hot, wet mouth on her hot, wet flesh. She moaned to express her enjoyment and had to hold herself back from just rutting against Willow’s face.

“That feels so good. Oh, that feels so good!”

Willow felt a little throb between her legs as Tara called down to her and wasn’t sure how long she could last with the scratchy feeling of her clothes against her hot skin. Her plan all week had been to come up to L.A. and get down and dirty with Tara before they even had dinner if Tara was receptive (and their text exchanges all week indicated she was) but the emergency Seder had put paid to those plans.

But now the dam had been reopened and she wasn’t even entirely sure she needed Tara to touch her; she was so turned on she could probably get there from dirty talk alone.

And praise, to Willow, was dirty talk.

“You’re so good at this. You’re so good at eating my—” she cut herself off with a loud moan and ended up tugging on Willow’s hair a bit.

Truly unable to take it anymore, Willow threw herself onto the bed alongside Tara and started desperately trying to pop the buttons on her pants.

It took Tara a moment to react to cool air where warm breath had been but only a second after that to see the state Willow had worked herself up to. She quickly rolled onto her side and took over the job of helping Willow out of her pants.

She curved two fingers along Willow’s outer lips and gave her just enough pressure to ease that desperate thumping.

Willow let out a soft sigh of relief and tore her own shirt from her body. Only her bra remained but it tortured her taut nipples and she had to twist out of it, exposing the engorged nubs to the air. Tara quickly ducked her head and took one in her mouth.

Willow’s tongue hung out of her mouth and she tried to move her hips against Tara’s stationary fingers because she was sure it would be all she needed.

Tara released the nipple and did the same on the other side, causing a hiss from Willow.

Tara kissed Willow’s collarbone up to her throat and fell off at her chin. She sat back, straddling Willow, and reached up to let her hair fall free.

“Oh,” Willow groaned at the mere sight, “Oh, mmm…”

Willow’s legs squeezed together but Tara parted them gently with her hands.

“I’ll take care of you first, okay?”

Willow wanted to scream ‘yes, yes, yes’ but her lips were still wet with Tara’s arousal and she could feel the pulsation coming from Tara’s core almost as much as her own.

She licked her lips.

“You wanna…” she glanced down and up again, “Together?”

A quiver came from inside Tara, letting arousal spill from her and out onto her thighs.

“Yes, I would like that very much.”

Willow nodded eagerly for them to start and Tara began to turn herself on top of Willow.

They had done this before but it was never the most graceful position to adopt.

This time, they were both too horny to even begin to be embarrassed.

Willow pulled Tara down to her mouth before Tara had even settled her knees properly and Tara allowed herself to unabashedly rub herself on Willow’s face for a moment before she began to return the favor.

This position afforded them some muffling of their moans and so neither worried too much about whatever sounds left their tongues to be lost inside each other.

Willow bucked into Tara so hard that her butt was in a position of permanent clench but she didn’t care. Her tongue just rolled around Tara and swallowed her arousal while feeling Tara doing the same with her. It felt like a closed loop of utter pleasure and didn’t take long for that knot in Willow’s stomach to explode out into all of her extremities.

Tara felt Willow shake beneath her and it sent a shiver of her own down her spine. She licked at Willow gently but she was utterly engorged and looked sensitive. Testing, Tara pressed the same two fingers as before against Willow’s clit.

Willow’s leg jerked but she didn’t make any sounds of pain so Tara did it a little bit harder and in literal seconds, loud cries were vibrating between their bodies.

Willow’s body utterly collapsed under her second orgasm, right after a moment of such taut tension that Tara technically got headbutted between her legs.

Tara turned around and sat up, smiling in amusement and arousal at the spent, sated look on Willow’s shiny face.

After a moment, Willow’s eyes flicked open and she seemed surprised to see Tara sitting there.

She frowned, her tongue poking out to lick her lips.

“Did you?”

Tara shook her head softly.

“No.”

“Do you not want to this time?” Willow asked, biting the corner of her lip.

Tara smiled shyly.

“I thought this might be easier?”

It took Willow a moment, but then she caught on.

“Oh! Yeah, definitely! Yeah!”

Tara eagerly shuffled up the last few inches and positioned her knees above Willow’s shoulders. Willow quickly continued from what she’d been doing before and flattened her tongue to press into Tara’s opening.

Tara’s head flew back while her hands splayed out on the wall to give her something to hold onto.

“Mmm…just like that.”

Immediately Willow’s hands took handfuls of Tara’s ass. She rubbed over one cheek and then brought her hand down with a resounding smack. Tara began bouncing as those little sparks started to hit below her stomach.

“I’m so close.”

One, two, and then three smacks and a well-timed suck of Tara’s clit sent her right over the edge and somehow managed to do so with just a strangled moan that wouldn’t give them away.

She flopped back down on the bed with both hands thrown over her head and let her body do a slow, luxurious stretch.

She let out another little moan and turned her head to Willow, who was grinning. Tara reached a lazy hand over to her girlfriend and tickled her cheek.

“What are you thinking?”

Willow looked over innocently.

“That maybe I should buy us a spatula of our own…”

Tara arched an eyebrow.

“For cooking…?”

Willow grinned cockily.

“You’re right. Better make it two.”

In the living room, feeling like she was caught between two dens of iniquity, Buffy slipped her jacket back on and went to find some immorality of her own.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - Feb 22nd 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:58 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
Passover

*Sniff* - Canon - Willow is Jewish.

Laragh wrote:
“It can’t be any worse than Dawn screeching to take her with me,” Buffy quipped, leaving out ‘or holding my mom’s hair back while she pukes after treatments’.
Tara seemed to know though, patting Buffy’s shoulder, who gave a little, gracious smile

Yes for this moment. I can’t explain Tara and Buffy’s relationship well enough. They have such a parallel in their character but yet are complete tangents in their actions but yet with the same parallel as the goal and motivation. Such a deep understanding of each other while having a complete lack of understanding for each other. It’s such a great relationship to explore and just a pat on the shoulder and a smile is a million words in the depth their relationship has.

Laragh wrote:
“You can’t get any wine,” Tara replied in a soothing voice, “Nowhere will serve you. I’m sure your parents will understand.”
“Just let me touch your boobs once,”

Wine doesn’t come from there. Unless Tara is actually a drag queen called Off license and her chest is two wine bags. There’s a Queen for everything.

Laragh wrote:

Where was this attitude 2020/21/22/forever?

Laragh wrote:
“We’ve tried them all out at some point,” Anya said in that same, bright tone, “My favorite was the Christian sect that originated the story of Santa Claus. He didn't traditionally bring presents so much as, you know, disemboweled children, but otherwise…”

*sniff* - Canon – The Body.

Laragh wrote:
Xander and Anya did their best to keep their hand-play under the table

I’m not asking them to pass brisket

Laragh wrote:
Bunny

*sniff* - Canon – Not a Tara episode, going into back up memory files, remembers funny staking and “did I get it?” – Gingerbread.

Laragh wrote:
“Shalom!”

In this universe she doesn’t say damn it afterwards.

Laragh wrote:
USCD

*Sniff* - Canon – Location in series four and onwards.

Laragh wrote:
“Bailer.”
“Harpy.”
“Delinquent.”
“Tramp.”
“Bad seed.”
“Witch.”
“Freak.”

*Sniff* - Canon – End of ‘Dead Man’s Party’. I could probably try to reference each one to an episode but I’ve already skipped so many and my brain keeps asking if I want to access the files as it has no Tara. Will’s redemption is great at the early series canon maybe she can fill in the gaps if she wishes, non demanding double act, no pressure.

Well that looks like a whole load of smut so I’m out.

I haven’t read Inevitable or earlier on in this story (I know Will’s Redemption and Shirrey, I know *Hands up*) so I cant give the full feedback your work always deserves. I don’t know the subtly and character relations or the brilliant echoes you provide.
But what I can say is this chapter, if I read it without knowing anything about it I would undoubtedly know its Laragh. It has everything here that makes you shine. The research, That connection not only between Tara and Willow but all the characters. In all the different relationships that are present in that room while managing to all the levels of tensions for different reasons.
You’ve got the kind of frenemy tension between Anya and Willow that is completely different to the tension between Willow and her parents. While you have the playful horniness between Xander and Anya which is completely different to the playful horniness of Tara and Willow. You juggle so much and everything is in sync
And you even have that poignant stand out moment which starts as an innocent joke but turns into something monumental. The LGBT Haggadah (I hope I picked the correct thing, lot of new words in this chapter for me.) Story and character wise it’s a big moment but its also you making a stand for those pushed to the wayside by the main stream.

You’re on top form.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Loved this chapter, I totally got Willow’s “Haggadah” joke before she explained it so now I know I’m equally dorky.

Loved Willow’s panicked rushing around and Anya’s inappropriateness (you write her perfectly) and Tara just being perfect as per usual.

Lovely update, I hope Buffy is safe though!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:21 am 

Well done Dub, such a fine tracker dog! :wink (I think we need a dog-smiley).
Quote:
Will’s redemption is great at the early series canon maybe she can fill in the gaps if she wishes, non demanding double act, no pressure.

I have to admit that although I detect most canon eastereggs I often can't tell the exact episode they're from (apart from obvious "classics" like "Hush", "New moon rising", "Family" etc.).

Laragh, I have to compliment you for once again going all out researchwise, this time regarding the rules / traditions for a jewish "Passover Seder".
After reading this I have to admit I'm glad our christian family doesn't do more than a tiny prayer at the table on the "high holidays".
It would have been fair of Willow to warn Tara, Xander and Buffy in advance what a LONG affair this would be and that they should eat a snack before her parents arrive - but I do excuse her because of her sheer panic.

Quote:
“Tara! Disaster!”

Anya rolled her eyes and went off to the bathroom, uninterested in whatever was happening. Tara quickly approached Willow and took her hands.

“Darling, what’s wrong?”

Willow paused and looked at Tara with wide eyes. She gulped.

“I may have invited my parents for a Passover Seder.”

Tara’s brow furrowed.

“Invited them…where?”

Willow gave a pained, awkward smile. Tara’s eyes widened.

“Here?!” she asked incredulously, “You invited them here? When?”

Willow bit her lower lip.

“Tonight?”

“WHAT!?” Tara exclaimed, her jaw tensing.

“I PANICKED! THEY WANTED ME TO COME HOME!” Willow replied in a louder, distressed tone, before dropping her voice, “And I…I wanted…”

She looked at Tara meekly.

“I wanted to have sex this weekend.”

:lol Yeah, that was a real emergency, I give you that, Willow. But I'm still wondering about the extremely short notice: did Ira and Sheila really "invite" / command Willow home this late or is this a standing tradition and Willow just forgot alltogether that this day was Passover?
Tara mastered the unpleasant surprise and stress of having to host the seder in 3 hours admirably.

Quote:
“You, burn some eggs. I entirely trust you to be able to do that.”

:laugh That is kind of insulting for Buffy... I'm too lazy to research why on earth jews eat burned eggs (burned fried eggs?) at Passover.

Quote:

“Just let me touch your boobs once,” she said, her eyes almost bugging out of her head, “For anxiety relief!”

Tara was very close to allowing Willow to cop a feel, such was the alarming look on her girlfriend’s face.

:rofl So adorable!

Quote:
The door knocked again and Willow threw it open without preamble.

“And who’s this, a lost delivery boy?” she asked with a heavy eye roll before standing up straight with a squeak when she saw who was on the other side, “Mom! Dad!”

“And what kind of a greeting to guests do you think that is?” Sheila asked with her nose turned up.

Poor Willow, spazzing out and not realizing that this time it just had to be her parents and provoking her mother to snark at her before the greeting.

Quote:
Ira approached the next closest person, Buffy, who backed away, holding up her white hands.

Willow started laughing almost maniacally.

“They’re doing a bit,” she said, her eyes boring into Buffy, Xander, and Anya in that order, “And now they’re going to go clean up as a symbolic show of respect for the holiday. So, uh, go right ahead guys!”

She kept laughing and hugged her father as cover while the three scurried off to the bathroom.

Tara closed the door and took Sheila’s coat, who also offered a bottle of wine. Tara held it up, hoping it would calm her girlfriend down a bit.

“Oh, Willow, look.”

“Wine!” Willow exclaimed as if she’d just received the greatest gift of her life.

Tara brought the wine over and pressed it into Willow’s hands while whispering in her ear.

“Take a breath, love.”

Willow met Tara’s eyes and copied Tara as she took in a slow breath.

She mouthed ‘thank you’ and adopted a more natural smile to go and hug her parents.

A real slapstick start to the evening - thank god that Tara was able to calm Willow down that easily.

Quote:
“My favorite was the Christian sect that originated the story of Santa Claus. He didn't traditionally bring presents so much as, you know, disemboweled children, but otherwise…”

Cudos to you Laragh for putting this canon easteregg into your AU totally devoid of any mystery / supernatural.

Quote:
Ira seemed amused and pleased that Willow had sourced her own Haggadah and lifted it as he stood to read proudly.

“Tonight we gather to fulfill a new mitzvah by making sacred the celebration of a Jewish LGBT Pride Seder,” he read, then seemed to hear his own words and frowned, clearing his throat, “Well, um, yes. We celebrate not only as Jews but take pride in our faith but in being…”

He paused again, looking at the words in the booklet carefully.

“Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or in some other way different.”

Willow wanted to die.

She really should have proofread.

She couldn’t bear to look around to see what kind of look her mother was giving her. Under the table, Tara squeezed her hand.

Ira stopped for a long moment, then he locked eyes with Willow and appeared to stand taller, reading again, strong and proud.

“That includes looking at our Jewish heritage through the lens of our love, and at our heritage as LGBT people through our spiritual lens. It means remembering those who wore pink triangles in the death camps, and the Jews at the Stonewall Inn. And it means honoring the memory of those who fought for our full equality before the law for our relationships, and for our love. It means calling forth the words and wisdom of the ancestors and elders of our community, often ignored or forgotten by the wider world. Tonight we honor our whole heritage, by sharing stories of our predecessors, stories of our own lives, and the stories we have yet to live. We seek to be our whole selves before god and know that no part of who we are is unacceptable.”

Willow’s heart was beating out of her chest and she could just about manage to share a small smile with her father.

Ira closed the booklet in front of him and continued to speak of his own volition.

“On Passover, we celebrate our liberation as Jews of the Jewish people from Egypt and the slavery endured there, together with the abominations of Egypt and their way of life. So today, we celebrate our physical liberation and our spiritual freedom. One cannot be without the other and no real freedom exists without accepting the Torah and its guidance in our daily lives. It is holy life that is true freedom. It is love that is true freedom.”

And Cudos to Ira for going through with and owning up to this special "Haggadah". I assume that Sheila only didn't protest in any way because the jewish rules allow nobody else to speak apart from the person leading the ceremony.

Quote:
“Now we can eat,” Willow smiled for everyone.

“Food?” Xander asked with a squeak, “Eat now? Food?”

“Food,” Willow confirmed and Xander snatched up his fork.

:laugh Hello cave Xander!

Quote:
She looked over at Tara, who had pulled her hair into a messy but tight bun in some reverence for the occasion and had a moment of just utterly falling in love.

Tara laughed when Xander told an inadvertent joke about dogs attending Synagogues (inadvertent because it wasn’t actually a joke, it was a real question) and Willow truly knew what it meant to swoon.

All Tara had done to help pull this together, not to mention the inviting of friends which she hadn’t even touched on yet with everything else going on — Willow was just so in love with this powerhouse of a woman and she found herself unable to keep it inside.

For a second here you had me thinking Willow might propose to Tara...but that would have been too early and the memory of the marriage proposal shouldn't be tainted by Sheila having a fit during it...

Quote:
Everybody duly paying attention to her now, Willow dropped back into her seat and took both of Tara’s hands.

“Will you move in with me?”

Sheila began to cough and Tara’s eyes widened.

“W-what?”

Willow lightly panted; her heart beating out of her chest.

“I guess it’s more, will you let me move in with you?” she amended with a nervous smile, and swallowed a lump as she took a cursory glance around the table, “I-I should have done this in private.”

Tara was present entirely with Willow, ignoring the stares.

“Willow, I don’t understand.”

Willow shifted in her chair but didn’t drop Tara’s hands. She looked her in the eye.

“I don’t want to be here at the weekends. I want to be here every day. I want it to be our place.”

“Does that mean you’ll pay more money?” Anya interjected brightly.

They both ignored her.

“What about school?” Tara asked, brow furrowed.

“Yes, indeed,” Sheila huffed, “A pertinent question.”

Willow didn’t break Tara’s gaze.

“I can arrange my labs on one day and do virtual classes. I’ve already looked into it.”

Tara’s lips twitched on one side.

“Are you really serious?”

“Every night of your life,” Willow answered, smiling in the same way.

Tara’s grin broke out in full.

“Of course, I want to live with you.”

They threw their arms around each other and there was a small clap from their friends.

:flower :bigkiss AWWW³! I'm overjoyed that they'll live together full time again soon (at least after the end of this semester). I loved that they were able to blend out the comments and stares of the others and just were in their private "bubble of love" in this moment.

Quote:
“You can’t possibly—” Sheila’s voice started to berate but she was interrupted when an unexpected visitor jumped up on the table.

“Miaow!” Miss Kitty Fantastico greeted everyone and snarfed some gefilte fish.

“Miss Kitty, no,” Tara scolded and quickly plucked her up and set her back down on the floor.

Willow chuckled nervously.

“Oh, yeah…we got a cat.”

:lol Great timing Miss Kitty, right on cue to shut Sheila up! :kitty I'm wondering where she hid before - she really is a sneaky cat.

Quote:
Ira cleared his throat and raised his glass, apparently choosing to ignore what just happened.

“L’chaim.”

“Bless you,” Buffy answered.

Ira smiled at her.

“And bless you,” he replied sincerely, “All of you. This was an unexpected and truly wonderful celebration. What fine young adults you’ve all grown into. Chag Pesach kasher vesame’ach.”

Willow took Tara’s hand tightly and squeezed the life out of it; unable to even begin to express her glee. Tara smiled at her; crooked and full of joy.

Quote:
When it was over, Ira announced he and Sheila would be heading back to their hotel but pulled Willow and Tara aside as Sheila went to the bathroom.

“Girls, I am very impressed with what you’ve done tonight. A small token of my appreciation.”

Into their hands, he slipped two little pouches with a coaster made to look like matzoh, star of David socks, and some $20 bills folded up as well as a card with a blessing.

“Thank you so much,” Tara said sincerely, understanding this was another ritual of the many performed tonight.

I'm getting more and more fond of Ira. He already seems to have accepted Tara as another daugther.

Quote:
“Xander!” Anya’s voice called out.

“Coming,” Xander replied with a wicked grin and dashed into the kitchen to grab a spatula, “Goodnight ladies.”

Before he could dash, Tara started waving her hands.

“No, no, no!” she exclaimed, taking the spatula back, “I need that for eggs.”

There was a pause and Tara acquiesced with a sigh.

“Just take it. I’ll never be able to trust it again.”

Xander actually giggled and took it back; disappearing into the bedroom moments later.

Tara sighed as she crossed the kitchen.

“I guess it’s cereal in the morning.”

:rofl I hope it was a clean spatula... :wink
I loved Willow's interaction with Buffy and that she is happy about Tara and Buffy becoming great friends as well (and not jealous about having to "share" eather one with the other).

Quote:
“What is her deal?” she said, flopping down onto the bed, “Sometimes I really think she gets that I’m gay and has accepted it but then…”

“I-I think she has,” Tara replied softly.

Willow sat up.

“What do you mean? You heard those disapprove-y noises. And I got a ‘think about your future’ speech when she was leaving.”

Tara closed her dresser and came to sit next to Willow.

“That’s the thing. I don’t think her problem is with you being gay,” she said, taking Willow’s hand, “I think her problem is with me as a person. Not with me as a girl.”

Willow’s brow furrowed deeply.

“What could she possibly think is wrong with you? You’re a perfect angel with zero faults and she should be lucky to be in your presence every second.”

Tara smiled softly and gave Willow a soft peck.

“You’re sweet and while slightly biased, I don’t think it’s a personality thing. I represent something she doesn’t like. I don’t know if it’s my family or my art or something else entirely. But she seemed to be okay with how things were with us until you made it clear how serious we were.”

Intersting observation. I suspect that even Sheila doesn't really know why exactly she "disapproves" of Tara and her relationship with Willow so much. I'm curious how she'll manage to "come around" and make her peace with them together in the next years (hopefully before their wedding).

Quote:
“Hey, do you remember the part where you agreed to move in with me?”

“I do,” Tara replied, splaying her fingers out on one of Willow’s cheeks, “Do you want to…recant?”

“What? No!” Willow replied quickly, frowning, “Do you?”

“I don’t,” Tara shook her head, “You just seemed to ask on impulse.”

“Well…I did,” Willow admitted, “But also, I didn’t! Because I had been looking into it. I was just going to wait until classes finish for the summer since I can’t amend my classes until then anyway. But I just…”

She stopped and swallowed deeply.

“I was just so caught up in…the Taraness. Not just of you but the stamp you put on the evening and the décor and the food! My dad was right, that’s seriously the best matzoh ball soup we’ve had since Bubbe died. I just wanted to know that could be every day.”

“Please don’t make me do a Seder every day,” Tara laughed.

Willow laughed too.

“No Seders. Just meals. And homework and housework and all the boring stuff. And even the figure-y out stuff like bills. We grew so much traveling by working all of those kinks out and I want to keep growing together.”

Tara let her palm rest under Willow’s chin and tilted it up to kiss her.

“I want all of that too.”

:flower :bigkiss And we readers want all of that for you too!

Quote:
Willow wrapped her arms around Tara and they fell back onto the bed together. They lay on their sides, legs tangled together with their heads on the same pillow.

“I dare say, Ms. Rosenberg, that we are about to live in sin,” Tara smiled crookedly.

“And sin daily, I say,” Willow replied, “Twice a day if we’re up for it. May as well go for broke.”

“My overachiever,” Tara said, tapping Willow’s nose.

:laugh The "events" following this were a great start... :drool :drool :drool

Quote:
In the living room, feeling like she was caught between two dens of iniquity, Buffy slipped her jacket back on and went to find some immorality of her own.

I fear she will find Spike...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:30 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I am behind so this is for Tara's big solo DJ show! and YAY! Laragh, we talked before about how amazing it is to see an artist in their element (in reference to Amber in OMWF of course) and that is what we got with Tara here and I love it!!

I am actually really thankful that you did not include the smut in that chapter- it didn't need it and what you wrote was enough to add some spice but not override (like ponies?) the main event which was Tara and her music. Willow calming Tara and reminding her that if Tara enjoys it, it is enough of a reason, shows the supreme growth, and ability to listen to and take in the things Tara has been saying to her for so long- now she gets to give that support back- I never thought I would be so into Tara as a DJ, but your Tara?? DJ Tarot? Hell yes!! Bring on the music!

And holy sheep it's Passover and the gang is all there!! this should be.... hilariously disastrous (and probably sweet too)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub

Quote:
*Sniff* - Canon - Willow is Jewish.

*sniff* - Canon – The Body.

*sniff* - Canon – Not a Tara episode, going into back up memory files, remembers funny staking and “did I get it?” – Gingerbread.

*Sniff* - Canon – Location in series four and onwards.

*Sniff* - Canon – End of ‘Dead Man’s Party’.

You are very good at this.

Quote:
Yes for this moment. I can’t explain Tara and Buffy’s relationship well enough. They have such a parallel in their character but yet are complete tangents in their actions but yet with the same parallel as the goal and motivation. Such a deep understanding of each other while having a complete lack of understanding for each other. It’s such a great relationship to explore and just a pat on the shoulder and a smile is a million words in the depth their relationship has.

Big fan of the Tara/Buffy friendship and plan to explore it over the years of this fic!

Quote:
Wine doesn’t come from there. Unless Tara is actually a drag queen called Off license and her chest is two wine bags. There’s a Queen for everything.

What a career change

Quote:
Where was this attitude 2020/21/22/forever?

:lol

Quote:
I’m not asking them to pass brisket

Probably for the best

Quote:
In this universe she doesn’t say damn it afterwards.

I try to only be minorly repetitive :laugh

Quote:
I could probably try to reference each one to an episode but I’ve already skipped so many and my brain keeps asking if I want to access the files as it has no Tara. Will’s redemption is great at the early series canon maybe she can fill in the gaps if she wishes, non demanding double act, no pressure.

I've only ever watched the episodes with Tara in them (I use script sites to get dialogue from other episodes) so fear not, as I don't even know what episodes I'm referencing myself half the time!

Quote:
Well that looks like a whole load of smut so I’m out.

Fair!
Quote:
I haven’t read Inevitable or earlier on in this story (I know Will’s Redemption and Shirrey, I know *Hands up*) so I cant give the full feedback your work always deserves. I don’t know the subtly and character relations or the brilliant echoes you provide.
But what I can say is this chapter, if I read it without knowing anything about it I would undoubtedly know its Laragh. It has everything here that makes you shine. The research, That connection not only between Tara and Willow but all the characters. In all the different relationships that are present in that room while managing to all the levels of tensions for different reasons.

Thank you so much <3 The group scenes always scream comedy to me so it's fun to play it out

Quote:
You’ve got the kind of frenemy tension between Anya and Willow that is completely different to the tension between Willow and her parents. While you have the playful horniness between Xander and Anya which is completely different to the playful horniness of Tara and Willow. You juggle so much and everything is in sync

It's pretty easy to write the Willow/Tara horniness in fairness :kdevil

Quote:
And you even have that poignant stand out moment which starts as an innocent joke but turns into something monumental. The LGBT Haggadah (I hope I picked the correct thing, lot of new words in this chapter for me.) Story and character wise it’s a big moment but its also you making a stand for those pushed to the wayside by the main stream.

You’re on top form.

You're gonna make me cry! Thank you so much for your kind words!

GrimCityGirl

Quote:
Loved this chapter, I totally got Willow’s “Haggadah” joke before she explained it so now I know I’m equally dorky.

Oh thank god, I was like, don't make this joke, you're revealing your nerd :lol

Quote:
Loved Willow’s panicked rushing around and Anya’s inappropriateness (you write her perfectly) and Tara just being perfect as per usual.

:D I'm so glad you enjoyed the wackiness!

Quote:
Lovely update, I hope Buffy is safe though!

She'll be okay, I promise.

Will's redemption

Quote:
Well done Dub, such a fine tracker dog! :wink (I think we need a dog-smiley).

A geyser-dog-person smiley!

Quote:
I have to admit that although I detect most canon eastereggs I often can't tell the exact episode they're from (apart from obvious "classics" like "Hush", "New moon rising", "Family" etc.).

As I said to Dub, I haven't a clue most of the time either!

Quote:
Laragh, I have to compliment you for once again going all out researchwise, this time regarding the rules / traditions for a jewish "Passover Seder".
After reading this I have to admit I'm glad our christian family doesn't do more than a tiny prayer at the table on the "high holidays".

And I'm glad I'm an atheist :lol

Quote:
It would have been fair of Willow to warn Tara, Xander and Buffy in advance what a LONG affair this would be and that they should eat a snack before her parents arrive - but I do excuse her because of her sheer panic.

We have to remember as well that when something is normal in your tradition, you don't always recognise it as out of the ordinary.

Quote:
:lol Yeah, that was a real emergency, I give you that, Willow. But I'm still wondering about the extremely short notice: did Ira and Sheila really "invite" / command Willow home this late or is this a standing tradition and Willow just forgot alltogether that this day was Passover?

I envisioned Willow getting a phone call saying 'What time will you be home?' and she went into panic mode having forgotten it was the holiday and an assumption on her parent's part.

Quote:
Tara mastered the unpleasant surprise and stress of having to host the seder in 3 hours admirably.

She is the master of class and poise.

Quote:
:laugh That is kind of insulting for Buffy... I'm too lazy to research why on earth jews eat burned eggs (burned fried eggs?) at Passover.

It is insulting but also accurate :laugh (and it's a hard boiled egg) They get roasted as a symbol of festival sacrifice

Quote:
:rofl So adorable!

Willow knows what she needs :wink

Quote:
Poor Willow, spazzing out and not realizing that this time it just had to be her parents and provoking her mother to snark at her before the greeting.

Poor Willow indeed, she often loses out in my quest for comedy.

Quote:
A real slapstick start to the evening - thank god that Tara was able to calm Willow down that easily.

I do love a bit of slapstick, I will admit.

Quote:
Cudos to you Laragh for putting this canon easteregg into your AU totally devoid of any mystery / supernatural.

I do love a good Anya line.

Quote:
And Cudos to Ira for going through with and owning up to this special "Haggadah". I assume that Sheila only didn't protest in any way because the jewish rules allow nobody else to speak apart from the person leading the ceremony.

Interrupting would have been less than appropriate, yes.

Quote:
:laugh Hello cave Xander!

The epitome of Xander if you ask me.

Quote:
For a second here you had me thinking Willow might propose to Tara...but that would have been too early and the memory of the marriage proposal shouldn't be tainted by Sheila having a fit during it...

When that moment comes I will make sure Sheila is nowhere to be seen!

Quote:
:flower :bigkiss AWWW³! I'm overjoyed that they'll live together full time again soon (at least after the end of this semester). I loved that they were able to blend out the comments and stares of the others and just were in their private "bubble of love" in this moment.

I love 'bubble of love'! That is exactly what they are in.

Quote:
:lol Great timing Miss Kitty, right on cue to shut Sheila up! :kitty I'm wondering where she hid before - she really is a sneaky cat.

Miss Kitty's got her Mommies' back

Quote:
I'm getting more and more fond of Ira. He already seems to have accepted Tara as another daugther.

I think Ira is a bit old school but he loves his daughter, no doubt.

Quote:
:rofl I hope it was a clean spatula... :wink

Depends on your definition of 'clean' :wink

Quote:
I loved Willow's interaction with Buffy and that she is happy about Tara and Buffy becoming great friends as well (and not jealous about having to "share" eather one with the other).

I love the Tara/Buffy friendship and love getting to explore the friendship as a trio that we never really got to see.

Quote:
Intersting observation. I suspect that even Sheila doesn't really know why exactly she "disapproves" of Tara and her relationship with Willow so much. I'm curious how she'll manage to "come around" and make her peace with them together in the next years (hopefully before their wedding).

All I'll say is, there is reason and history there and it will come out (before the wedding)

Quote:
:flower :bigkiss And we readers want all of that for you too!

Endless love for them for life!

Quote:
:laugh The "events" following this were a great start... :drool :drool :drool

:D

Quote:
I fear she will find Spike...

If this fic was written in 'real time', I would absolutely have introduced Spike at this point. However, it has to span 10 years and Spike was around as recently as a year before the epilogue...so I have to pace it out a bit.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

shirrey

Quote:
I am behind so this is for Tara's big solo DJ show! and YAY! Laragh, we talked before about how amazing it is to see an artist in their element (in reference to Amber in OMWF of course) and that is what we got with Tara here and I love it!!

Yes!I love it so much, seeing an artist so lost in their art...it's the best!

Quote:
I am actually really thankful that you did not include the smut in that chapter- it didn't need it and what you wrote was enough to add some spice but not override (like ponies?) the main event which was Tara and her music. Willow calming Tara and reminding her that if Tara enjoys it, it is enough of a reason, shows the supreme growth, and ability to listen to and take in the things Tara has been saying to her for so long- now she gets to give that support back

There's plenty of smut peppered throughout this fic so there's definitely times when the actual scene is not necessary.

Quote:
I never thought I would be so into Tara as a DJ, but your Tara?? DJ Tarot? Hell yes!! Bring on the music!

I NEVER pictured Tara as a DJ until it came up as I was writing that chapter...but I kind of love it too!

Quote:
And holy sheep it's Passover and the gang is all there!! this should be.... hilariously disastrous (and probably sweet too)

You know me so well :wink

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Gang of New Dorks

We All Need Somebody To Lean On

Willow rubbed her eyes as she wandered out of bed in the middle of the night, swallowing repeatedly to assuage her dry mouth.

She grabbed the robe off the back of the door and tied it loosely as she quietly creeped out to get some water. She would have to tiptoe past Buffy’s bed to avoid waking her with those crazy hearing skills her best friend had.

This turned out not to be a problem when Willow entered the living space, she saw the sofa bed was completely empty.

As she was staring in confusion there was a quiet clanging of metal and the front door opened. Willow looked over quickly and frowned deeply, still half-asleep.

“Buff?”

Buffy stalled for a moment, then continued inside, closing the door softly behind her.

“Hey, Will,” she whispered casually, “Borrowed your key.”

She waved it and put it back in the little bowl.

Willow blinked heavily, trying to work out what was happening.

“Where were you?”

Buffy shrugged one shoulder.

“I just went out for a walk.”

Willow’s eyes moved to the red lights above the oven.

“At 3am?”

Buffy took her jacket off and hung it up.

“Became a habit of mine right after we moved to Sunnydale.”

“Why?” Willow asked, bewildered.

She knew Buffy had been sneaking out while she’d been with that guy but—

“It’s quiet,” Buffy interrupted Willow’s thoughts as she sat back on the sofa bed and threw her legs up, “Not so much here. L.A. is…loud. I miss it…sometimes.”

Willow slowly sank down onto the edge of the bed.

“I forgot you lived here.”

Buffy nodded slowly.

“Grew up here,” she confirmed, her eyes looking far away for a moment, “Until I burned the gym down.”

Willow gently pushed herself back so she was sitting alongside Buffy.

“You never did tell me that whole story.”

Buffy smirked with the corner of her mouth, but it was tinged with sadness or maybe regret.

“I tell people I had a mishap with a cigarette.”

Willow arched an eyebrow.

“That’s not the truth?”

That was the story she’d always been told.

Buffy shook her head and looked away.

“Actually…I had some mental health issues going on. Thought I saw some guys trying to attack me.”

Willow’s eyes widened but Buffy was quick to shake her head.

“No one was hurt,” she confirmed and sighed, “Nothing left but dust. I imagined the whole thing. I told my parents... and they completely freaked out. They thought there was something seriously wrong with me. So they sent me to a clinic."

Willow’s mouth grew drier.

“You never said anything.”

Buffy shrugged one shoulder.

“I was only there a couple of weeks. I stopped talking about it, and they let me go. Eventually…my parents just…forgot.”

Willow brought her knees up to her chest.

“God, that's horrible,” she said, eyes clouded over, “I can’t believe I never knew any of that. You never told anyone at all?”

Buffy paused.

“Well…” she said, stopping again before looking to Willow with soft eyes, “I told Tara.”

Willow’s eyes widened.

“Tara?” she asked in surprise, “My Tara?”

Buffy gave a short, quiet nod.

“Our moms were getting together so much last summer…Tara would come along too. We talked and we’ve been texting since you guys moved out here,” she explained, reaching across herself to hold her arm awkwardly, “I think this was a pity invite.”

Willow quickly shook her head.

“Tara’s brain doesn’t even work like that,” she reassured, then swallowed softly, “Not to be all narcissist-o girl but… how come you told Tara and not me?”

“It wasn’t an intentional thing,” Buffy quickly clarified, “She just…listens. And it all came out.”

She paused again, then quickly looked at Willow.

“Not that you don’t listen. That’s not what I meant.”

Willow could only offer a gentle smile.

“No, I understand completely,” she nodded, rubbing her hand over Buffy’s hand, “Trust me, there isn’t a facet of my girl’s emotional ingenuity or otherwise that I don’t know and love. If you need a confidante, she is your gal.”

She squeezed Buffy’s hand.

“But I’m here too. You know, if you need another set of ears or want me to hack your permanent records or something,” she smiled, only half-joking, but it faltered, “Did you really just go for a walk?”

Buffy looked down into her lap.

“My ex…he lives here. Runs a PI company.”

“Military man?” Willow questioned.

Buffy winced.

“No.”

“Oh,” Willow replied, then her eyes widened as she realized who that meant, “Oh.”

“We didn’t…” Buffy quickly added, then sighed, “We kissed in the Hollywood cemetery and my senses came back to me.”

Willow frowned.

“Do I want to know what that’s about?”

She knew some stuff of the man Buffy claimed as her first love, but she and Buffy had been on different planes while it had all been going on. Willow had been equally preoccupied with Tara but hadn’t had to endure the same heartbreak. It always seemed like Buffy was the one doomed in love while Willow got to bask in it unconditionally.

“Just our thing,” Buffy explained with a shoulder shrug, “It’s always the quietest place at night. No one would disturb us. He always wanted…peace.”

“Nothing screams peace than a bunch of headstones and underground bones,” Willow quipped in a flat tone.

Buffy scratched under her ear.

“It’s dumb, I know. And even dumber that I would meet up with him again.”

“At 3am, yeah,” Willow agreed but looked at Buffy with sympathy, “But love makes you do the wacky.”

Buffy sighed.

“That's the truth.”

Willow patted Buffy’s shoulder.

“Do you still love him?”

Buffy was silent for a moment as she thought about it and finally came up with an answer.

“Only in a ‘you’ll always remember your first love’ kind of way.”

“Or in my case, ‘you’ll travel the world, move in with, eventually marry your first love’,” Willow joked with a tender smile.

Buffy looked over with a raised eyebrow and smile.

“Marry?”

“I mean, in the future,” Willow coughed, blushing slightly, “But I know we’ll be forever.”

Buffy offered her first real smile of the evening.

“It’s really nice to see you two so happy. And open. And in love.”

Willow nodded.

“It’s really nice for me too. I can’t even imagine the girl I was before, the one who wouldn’t accept her love. She’s my everything.”

Buffy continued to smile and nodded back toward Willow’s room.

“You should get back to her.”

Willow offered both hands.

“Come with me.”

Buffy’s eyes widened considerably.

“Uhhh…”

Willow was confused for a moment.

“No! Ew!” she said, shaking her head quickly, “Slumber party. You’re not getting out of it twice.”

Buffy looked unsure so Willow grabbed her hand and brought them both toward her bedroom. She started to push in the door, then suddenly pulled it closed and turned to Buffy with an awkward smile on her face.

“You, uh, wanna go get in your jammies?”

Buffy nodded so Willow slipped in the door and ran over to the bed.

“Baby,” she stage-whispered, “Baby, we’re having a slumber party with Buffy.”

“Okay,” Tara murmured an agreement without moving.

Willow poked her gently.

“Kinda need you to put some clothes on.”

Tara’s eyes sluggishly opened and she held out her hand for Willow to hand her PJs. Willow got them both t-shirts and shorts to change into.

“Can I have some of your water?” Willow asked as Tara settled her top over her body.

Tara reached for her water bottle, swung it in Willow’s direction, and dropped her head back on the pillow to sleep.

Willow took a big glug of the water and sighed in satisfaction; licking her lips to make sure they were coated. She walked back to the door where Buffy was waiting in her Yummy Sushi pajamas.

“Okay, now you can come in.”

Buffy walked in and looked dubiously at the bed.

“That’s more of a bed for two.”

“Tara and I have scrunched up in much smaller spots,” Willow reassured as she climbed into the middle of the bed and pushed Tara over as far as possible.

Buffy hesitantly got in but smiled as Tara threw her arm over them both.

“Who needs stupid boys?” Buffy giggled.

“Preachin’ to the choir here, baby,” Willow giggled back.

Buffy looked at Willow sincerely.

“Thanks, Will.”

Willow just smiled as they both closed their eyes.

“That’s what friends are for.”

“So I was like, hey lady, maybe if you didn’t cut me off I wouldn’t be flipping you off!”

Buffy laughed as she took the last bite of her 8oz burger.

“L.A. traffic. Don’t miss that.”

Willow blushed as she wiped her mouth with her napkin.

“Sorry, I’m going on.”

Buffy shook her head.

“No, I miss it,” she said and smiled across the table of the diner they were in. “I miss you, Will.”

Willow smiled back.

“I miss you too, Buff,” she said, swallowing softly, “I feel like…”

She paused, unsure.

“Everything changed when I left to travel. I know that. And one summer before I moved again does not a relationship reinstate. But I never want to lose you as a friend. I know we can’t hang out every night but…”

“I always knew you were going,” Buffy replied simply, “Sunnydale never deserved you. Whether it was around the world or to L.A. or Harvard or Oxford or any of those other fancy schools you got into. I knew you would be going off to bigger and better things. And I want that for you. I wouldn’t really be a friend if I didn’t.”

Willow bounced slightly in her seat.

“You should come to visit more often,” she suggested eagerly, “Get away from everything…”

Buffy stiffened slightly at that.

“I’m needed.”

“You are,” Willow nodded and reached across to squeeze Buffy’s hand.

Buffy looked away and adopted a new smile.

“So when do I get to see the famous DJ Tarot?”

Willow knew a conversation jump when she heard one.

She checked her phone.

“Her show starts in a bit. We can head over to Deli’s if you want, that’s where she works.”

Buffy nodded.

“Should we text Xander?”

“But he’ll bring Anya,” Willow pouted but acquiesced quickly, “Fine. But don’t come crying to me if they’re all with the hands and inappropriate lust.”

Buffy raised one eyebrow.

“Willow, are you jealous of Anya?”

“No!” Willow replied incredulously, “Why do people keep thinking that?!”

“Because you told us for years that you were in love with him and still act a little crazy about his love life…” Buffy replied pointedly.

“Jeez, can’t a lesbian in the closet have a beard?” Willow huffed out a breath, “I DO NOT like Xander like that and never have. He is, however, my oldest friend apart from Tara and I want what’s best for him.”

Buffy swung her straw around her glass.

“And Anya isn’t that?”

“Hello, I’m the one who shovel talked him into getting in contact again,” Willow threw up her hands, “It just seems like all they’re doing is fooling around. I thought he’d take it seriously.”

Buffy nodded slowly, continuing to fidget with her straw.

“Didn’t you and Tara travel alone together for a few weeks when you were gone?”

Willow frowned.

“Yeah. So?”

Buffy looked up with raised eyebrows and took a long sip of her drink.

“What did you do when you first met back up?”

Willow turned a bright red.

“Check please,” she requested in a rush as their server passed by.

Buffy smirked.

Willow treated dinner and they made their way to Delicatessens where Xander and Anya were already at the top of the line, arguing with the bouncer.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Willow said as she approached, ignoring the reproachful stares of the people waiting in line, “What’s going on?”

“This lumberjack won’t let me in!”

The ‘lumberjack’, Fred, looked at Willow pitifully.

“You know her, Willow?”

“Unfortunately,” Willow muttered and slipped the bouncer a bill as she passed him to walk through, “Thanks, Fred. Say hi to Dante for me!”

Fred gave a two-finger salute and straightened up again to his full height as he went back to work.

“Could you please not embarrass Tara at her place of work?” she hissed at Anya as they walked into the bar.

“He wanted ID!” Anya argued back, loudly.

“Yeah, Anya, it’s a club!” Willow retorted, “That kind of comes with the territory! I told you to wait for me!”

Before Anya could reply, Xander pulled her up to the bar to order drinks.

The man who served them had rainbow eyelashes and a winning smile as he poured a couple of cokes from the fountain.

“There you go, honey,” he said with a wink as he pushed the glasses across the bar.

Anya looped her arm through Xander’s.

“He’s my honey, thank you very much.”

The bartender kept a smile fixed on his face.

“I’m not hitting on your boyfriend, honey.”

Anya stood up straighter.

“Why not?! He’s handsome and has large arms! He could do all kinds of things to your—”

“And that’s our cue to…go over there,” Xander pushed Anya away from the bar, “Ahn, chill out.”

Anya looked over at Xander vulnerably.

“I only just got you back…I don’t want to lose you again.”

Xander smiled.

“Then it’s a good thing I plan to keep you right in this spot.”

He put his arm around her and she snuggled into him.

At the corner of the bar, Willow sat with Buffy on a high stool and pointed toward the DJ platform.

“This is the best place to watch because you can see right over. Sometimes Tara waves!”

Buffy smiled at Willow’s giddiness.

Things were still tough at home but this weekend away had certainly brightened her spirits.

“Please welcome…DJ TAROT!”

Willow heard Anya whoop and holler and had to smile because as annoying as she could be, she was very much an advocate for Tara and her girlfriend deserved all of the attention.

Behind the decks, Tara started to play to the Friday night crowd and they lapped it up.

“She’s good!” Buffy yelled into Willow’s ear from behind.

“She’s the best!” Willow called back as she bopped along in her stool.

Buffy closed her eyes, listened to the beat, and pretended she didn’t have a care in the world.

“I don’t know…”

Xander held up his glitter nail-polished hand and waved it around.

“Is it really my color?”

“I think you look fabulous,” Buffy encouraged with a grin.

She picked up a slice of pizza from the box sitting on the sofa bed and stuffed it into her mouth.

“That bartender at Deli doesn’t know what he’s missing,” she added, through the pepperoni.

Willow sighed and laid back on the bed, touching Xander’s arm.

“I don’t know what I’m missing either.”

Xander frowned.

“You want the bartender?”

“No!” Willow scoffed, “With you! How’s everything going on with you?”

She stopped and shuddered.

“Apart from what I heard coming from Anya’s bedroom last night.”

Xander’s cheeks turned red.

“Well, I’ve got a steady gig at a construction site and saving up to finally move out of my parent’s basement. Should be gone by summer.”

Willow smiled widely.

“Xander, that’s great.”

“It’s a simple life,” Xander shrugged softly, “Not like yours.”

“I dunno,” Willow exhaled softly, “It feels pretty simple for me too. Me plus Tara is all I need.”

She looked at the other two and shuffled closer to them.

“And regular pizza parties with my besties,” she said, all of their heads coming together, “I’ll come home more. I miss good ole SD. I even miss the Bronze.”

“We can Facetime you from there if you want,” Buffy suggested.

“You can watch the old Razorbacks team fight over who gets to play pool,” Xander added.

“And see us get refused alcohol,” Buffy continued.

“And if I get the angle just right, you’ll actually be able to see the joy drain from the face of the lead singer of the Dingoes as he tries to make a go of it solo,” Xander finished and they all burst out laughing.

“Stop, stop,” Willow waved her hands as laughter caught in her throat, “Okay, just regular visits with my other two musketeers then. Everything else is superfluous.”

Buffy and Xander exchanged exaggerated mocking stares.

“Look at her using her big college words,” Xander grinned.

“Isn’t that the awards they give at prom?” Buffy added cluelessly.

Xander grabbed his heart, wounded.

“I was robbed of the class clown!”

“That’s superlatives,” Willow rolled her eyes at the teasing, “And let’s not. Prom is not a good memory for me.”

She smiled again at the others.

“Except we all became friends again. That part was great.”

Xander kissed the side of Willow’s head.

“We never knew how much you were going through.”

Willow bounced on the spot.

“Let’s all make a promise never to keep things from each other again.”

“Well, we can keep some things,” Buffy raised an eyebrow, “I don’t want to know what you and Tara get up to.”

Xander’s eyes grew glassy.

“Um…”

Buffy bonked him with a cushion.

“Gross!”

“Ew!” Willow shoved him, though not off the bed.

Xander blushed and held his upper arms to protect himself.

“You’re not going to make us do another blood oath, are you?”

Willow took in a long, slow breath.

“How about a hug oath?”

Everyone seemed amenable so they closed into a three-way hug while sitting on the sofa bed. The movie they had been watching played forgotten in the background as they hugged in silence.

Until the front door opened and there was a loud gasp that sounded suspiciously like Anya.

“Threesome! Harlots! I knew you were after him all this time!”

She rushed forward to separate them all. Willow stood and rolled her eyes.

“Anya if I wanted to have a threesome I have much better ideas of combinations of people in this room,” she said, then her eyes widened as she saw Tara fold her arms in the doorway, “Not that I would ever want a threesome. Yuck!”

She kissed Tara’s cheek and chuckled nervously.

“Hey, why don’t they join the oath?” Buffy suggested, ridding the tension in the room.

Tara gave Willow a lingering ‘we’ll talk about this later’ stare before dropping her arms.

“Join the what?”

“We’re doing a hug oath to be better friends and keep in touch more,” Willow explained and smiled at Buffy’s suggestion, “And you guys are part of that.”

“Definitely,” Xander agreed, smiling at Anya now sitting in his lap.

Anya looked around curiously.

“How do we join?”

Buffy grinned and opened her arms.

“Hop in!”

Willow pulled Tara onto the bed with a giggle and they all joined together in a mosh more than a hug but the sentiment was there.

“Friends!” Willow thrust a slice of pizza in the air.

Everyone agreed with a pizza salute of their own.

“Friends!”

And they laughed together with glee as the Three Musketeers became The Famous Five.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - March 1st 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:06 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
Until I burned the gym down.”

*Sniff* - Canon – The film (I’ve never seen it but I guess it happened)

Laragh wrote:
they sent me to a clinic."

*Sniff* - Canon – Normal Again (the episode proving less than three minutes of Tara time over two scenes really uplifts an episode from always skip to nah it’s alright but how come Joyce gets a cameo each year and she doesn’t have to be evil itself for it.)

Laragh wrote:
I told Tara.”

I need to find this chapter.

Laragh wrote:
My ex…he lives here. Runs a PI company.

Angel's lame. His hair goes straight up, and he's bloody stupid!

Laragh wrote:
She’s my everything.

*Sniff* - Canon – Tough love

Laragh wrote:
Yummy Sushi pajamas

*Sniff* - Canon – Goodbye Iowa

Laragh wrote:
Preachin’ to the choir here, baby,

*Sniff* - Canon – Blood ties

Laragh wrote:
I’ve got a steady gig at a construction site and saving up to finally move out of my parent’s basement.

*Sniff* - Canon – the replacement, Xander gets a steady construction job and moves out of the basement but most importantly he snoopy danced.

Laragh wrote:
the lead singer of the Dingoes

*Sniff* - Canon – Devon? Apart from 'attack him with hummus' I zone out at whatever Oz says.

Laragh wrote:
the awards they give at prom?”

*Sniff* - Canon – The Prom

Laragh wrote:
“Threesome! Harlots! I knew you were after him all this time!”

As threesomes go on the snog, marry, avoid spectrum they are all an avoid, don’t worry Anya no one wants Xander.

I’ll be upfront, I checked out as soon as I read there's a Tara/Buffy scene so Will’s redemption you might have some clean up to do with canon finds.

I’m not knocking the KB when I say this as Willow and Tara are the soul of this place but it is so refreshing to have a scene where they aren’t glued at the hip. The best thing about this chapter is it explores Willow as Willow. It’s kind of like that test, where a female character can go so many minutes without talking about a male character, only in this case its Willow talking about Tara. She does but its not suffocating in a sense that’s a one track mind. it allows Willow to breathe as a character. Which for me, who is trying to get their head around Willow with a more positive light, is quite helpful. It also displays an unthreatened strength to their relationship where they can be individuals without the world ending.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:

Laragh wrote:
I told Tara.”

I need to find this chapter.

To stop you searching for this for a week, it doesn't exist. This is me establishing Buffy and Tara have a friendship so that I can expand on it later. There is stuff in Inevitable that references them having a very strong friendship and so I'm putting the building blocks here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Thankyou. Now to watch the end of Deaf Things on repeat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:26 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
Thankyou. Now to watch the end of Deaf Things on repeat.

Ah yes, the lost alternate ending episode where The Gentlemen return.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I could try and save face and edit it but eh, I'm already two for two on blunders in the comments today. I've had much worse typos. I'd watch anything with those camp clappers floating around on repeat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next