The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Maybe It's Just Me - Update 06/18/2020
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:26 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 7
Will's redemption wrote:
Dibs! :whip

Woohoo! :applause

Quote:
Awww. I hope they will continue spending the nights together and taking it slow with "just" cuddling. It will be good for Tara to finally get some decent amounts of peaceful sleep.

They're in no rush to speed up this "honeymoon" phase of their relationship.

Quote:
Yay to Willow for rebuilding Tara's confidence with this sweet little pep talk.

It won't be the first, or the last time she's there to lift Tara's confidence and spirit.

Quote:
I loved this little intimate gesture!

:heart

Quote:
So Xander concluded correctly that they are a couple? I'm wondering if he even knew that Tara was gay before? Julian knew of course but I'm not sure if she outed herself to "Harris" too since they don't seem to be friends, just colleagues.
[/quote]

Tara's very much out of the closet and open about her sexuality with her friends/coworkers. Xander's just thrown for a loop, maybe not as bad as Julian was, but still definitely left pondering how the heck Willow & Tara ended up together after being at each other's throats for the past two years.

wickedaddiction wrote:
Aww, the cute and cozy did continue! Loving their sweet interaction and morning snuggles. To bad it had to be interrupted by such horrible news.

I promised it would! lol. Don't worry, soon on down the road they'll have plenty of time just to themselves to have more sweet interactions.

Quote:
Seems like the murderer is escalating

Unfortunately his is. But LA's best detective is on the case :wink

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Maybe It's Just Me - Update 06/18/2020
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:45 pm 

Tara entered the elevator on the main floor of the Los Angelas Medical Center and pressed the button for the basement.

After leaving the crime scene, she and Harris went straight back to the precinct to continue their research and investigation. Since the victims of the rape-homicide had no similarities in their appearance, the perpetrator could be choosing his victims randomly or targeting them for other reasons which were currently unknown.

Like any other smart detective, Tara began a thorough investigation comparing the background, criminal and medical histories of the two victims. Quicker than she had anticipated, Tara was able to link the two young women together. Although neither of the victims lived in the same county growing up, as well as there being a few years age difference between the two, Tara was able to track down a sleep-away camp the girls attended during their high school years. Further sleuthing uncovered that the sleep-away camp, 'Camp Redwood' permanently shut down three years prior after a lawsuit bankrupted the business. An internet search only brought up snippets of the law suit wherein it mentioned gross negligence and endangering the welfare of minors in relation to another, at the time, active court case.

Much to her annoyance, the case file in relation to the lawsuit was sealed away and the only way to obtain it was through a court release order. Tara had gotten Harris to work on acquiring that form as soon as possible while she dropped by the morgue. She was feeling more relaxed and in-control now that she had at last, found a crucial break in the case.

Tara pushed open the double-door and her eyes instantly landed on the back of a familiar figure. When she noticed that Willow didn’t seem to be aware of her presence, her mischief took over. She slowly approached the redheaded medical examiner, being as stealthy as she could. Just as she was about to spring on her, Tara saw the most outlandish of things when she looked past Willow’s shoulder.

"What are you doing?" she asked incredulously, her facial features contorting in confusion.

Willow was startled by the unexpected voice. She jumped in the metal stool she was sitting on and spun around to face the source, her eyes wide open. In her left hand, she was holding a half-eaten sandwich, a large bite of the tuna fish salad threatening to fall out of her parted lips.

Tara smiled at the half-baffled, half stunned expression looking back at her. "What are you doing?" She asked again, with more amusement this time.

Willow relaxed considerably, her pounding heart slowing down when she took in the sight of the brunette detective. She took her time to chew the half masticated sandwich in her mouth and swallowed before speaking. "What does it look like I’m doing? I’m eating my lunch, Tara," she replied in the most innocent of ways.

"In the morgue?" Tara questioned in utter disbelief, a small chuckle escaping her lips. "Are you kidding me? There’s a dead body lying right over there." She pointed, stretching her arm out wide behind her in the vague direction of the corpse without turning her head. "And who knows how many more in the cold chambers."

Willow frowned at the rather over the top reaction from Tara. "Fifteen," Willow answered nonchalantly, earning herself an open-mouthed stare. "And no, I’ve been eating lunch in the morgue ever since I was an M.E. in training. Is there something wrong with that?" she asked, finding nothing amiss with her own action.

Tara couldn’t believe what she was hearing. "Is there something wrong with it? Isn’t it like a violation against hospital rules or something?"

"Not at all," Willow replied as she dug her free hand into the small lunch cooler resting on the metal slab in front of her. Retracting her hand, a tin foiled wrapped sandwich softly grasped in her hand, she looked up at the brunette expectantly with a warm smile. "See, I even brought one for you."

Tara shook her head, grimacing slightly as she waved her hands in front of her chest. "No thanks, I’m not hungry."

"Suit yourself," Willow replied with a shrug as she placed the sandwich back to its original resting place. "It’s really good though," she tempted, trying to get Tara to give in.

Tara arched a seductive eyebrow as she bent down slightly. "Hmm, I better have a taste of it then."

Willow held a curious expression at the look she was given. She thought Tara was going to grab the bag from behind her when she move forward until she was standing in between the redhead’s legs. Instead, Tara held her face with her hands and bent down to give the medical examiner a deep kiss.
Pulling back from the embrace, Tara licked her lips, a satisfied look on her face. "You’re right, it’s really good."

"Told you," Willow responded smilingly, enjoying the gentle caress of her cheeks. She couldn’t help but notice the brunette seemed to be in a better mood than she was earlier in the morning.

Tara couldn’t help but reciprocate the gesture, her mouth curving into a lopsided smile.

"Anyway, did you manage to find anything on the body?" Tara asked. As much as she would like to continue basking in the heart-warming moment, there was a serial rapist murderer to catch.

"Well, the injuries she suffered were pretty much the same as the first victim, albeit a large gash to her forehead. My guess, she fought back and he smashed her head into the sink before strangling her." Willow replied quickly as she spun herself around on the stool, reaching for her clipboard that was resting near her lunch box. "I ran the DNA test for the sperm sample I collected, and it matched the one we’ve already got." Her tone was stern as she instantly switch back into work mode. "I couldn’t find anythin-"

"Hang on," Tara signaled with her index finger. She stuffed her hand into the front pocket of her pants to pull out her cellphone when she felt it vibrating against her thigh. She glanced at the name flashing on the screen before answering the call.

"Hey Harris," she greeted, wishing desperately for good news. Her wish was swiftly granted. "You got it?! Alright, great, I’ll meet you back at the precinct in about half an hour."

"You got a lead?" Willow asked, sensing the excitement in her girlfriends voice.

Tara nodded as she slid her phone back into the pocket. "Yeah. Harris just got the release order for an old case file that may hold all the answers we need. I have a good feeling it’s gonna help us get whoever did all of this."

Tara walked into the detective’s office with Willow by her side. The redhead had decided to tag along, since she didn’t exactly have that much work on her hands. Eleven out of the fifteen bodies in the cold chamber were elderly or DNR related deaths leaving the four remaining cadavers to be inspected by the other medical examiners in the unit. The first thing that caught Tara’s eyes as she stepped into the office was Harris swiveling in the seat belonging to Julian as he read a file in his hands.

She missed him. He was her partner, her best friend and her family. And she hadn’t been in contact with him since the incident in the car, when she had hurt him with the truth. Her heart ached at the mere memory of it, but her face showed none of the pain.

This was the first case in years that they hadn’t worked together.

"Find anything interesting in that file?" Tara asked once she reached the desk. The desk she shared with Julian. The desk Julian should be sitting at; gloating his success, not Harris.

"I did actually. Have a look at this," Harris said as he passed the opened file over to Tara, his eyes alternating between her and Willow as they were standing way to close to each other to be considered ‘just friends’. How did they happen?

Tara took the file into her hands and skimmed through the document, while Willow stretched her neck to steal a peek from over the brunettes shoulder.

"Both the victims testified against a Zachary Bolton for sexual assault charges. Why wasn't his DNA on file then?"

"Beats me," Harris replied with a shrug. "I already lodged a complaint with the sergeant over at SVU."

"How can this be our guy. This here says he was found guilty and sentenced to 15 years imprisonment." Tara read aloud as she scanned through the first page, shifting her body slightly so Willow could read the report easier. "Wait a second," she mumbled more to herself then to the others as flipped to the next page, backtracking to a particular sentence, re-reading it. "His jacket was updated a few months back. It says here he’s already dead, killed in prison by an inmate earlier this year."

When did they happen? Does Julian know?

At Tara’s musing, Harris quickly got himself out of his own head. "I know, but the interesting thing is Zachary Bolton has a twin brother, Chandler, who also worked at that camp. And that's not all, there were five victims in total that testified against him."

"We need to find the other three," Tara said quickly, not bothering to read the remainder of the report.

"One step ahead of you chief," Harris said as he pointed to several names at the end of the page. "This one right here, Riley Mae Pembrook, she got a full ride scholarship to Syracuse and hopped on the first flight out of this sin city as soon as she graduated. This girl," he pointed to the next name in line "not so lucky."

"What happened to her?" Tara asked dubious. "The name sounding vaguely familiar."

"Remember about two years back, that heroin addict Adams and I narcaned three times in one day?"

"The one that kept begging you to let her die?"

"That's the one," Harris replied grim faced. "Seems she finally got her wish."

"I thought you got her into a rehab facility? Didn't Adams pull some strings?"

"We did. She must've relapsed. Not that I fault her, some demons are just too hard to concur."

"That's horrible," Willow interjected softly, heartbroken for the wayward child.

A moment of silence passed over the trio, grieving for the third woman who's life was cut short by a Bolton. The moment was soon broken. "Sarah Vanderbilt." Tara said suddenly, snapping her head up to look at Harris. "She’s gonna be the next target. We have to find her as quickly as possible and get her into protective custody."

"On it," Harris affirmed as he headed of hastily, his cellphone already in hand.

"And get me the location of Chandler Bolton," Tara yelled after Harris’ retreating form.

She set her jaw in determination. Chandler Bolton’s not going to know what hit him until it was too late.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Maybe It's Just Me - Update 06/24/2020
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Oooooh ooh ohh, DIBS!!!

Quote:
Tara arched a seductive eyebrow as she bent down slightly. "Hmm, I better have a taste of it then."

Willow held a curious expression at the look she was given. She thought Tara was going to grab the bag from behind her when she move forward until she was standing in between the redhead’s legs. Instead, Tara held her face with her hands and bent down to give the medical examiner a deep kiss.
Pulling back from the embrace, Tara licked her lips, a satisfied look on her face. "You’re right, it’s really good."

"Told you," Willow responded smilingly, enjoying the gentle caress of her cheeks.

Aww they’re so cute together. Really loving these sweet interactions and I want sooo many more but I can’t help to wonder when the other shoes gonna drop since this has been a pretty angsty story so far.

Quote:
Remember about two years back, that heroin addict Adams and I narcaned three times in one day?"

"The one that kept begging you to let her die?"

"That's the one," Harris replied grim faced. "Seems she finally got her wish."

This is so sad yet so realistic. You didn’t give this person a name but I can’t help but to think it’s Buffy or maybe even Cordelia what with “some demons are too hard to concur” or getting her “wish” I just hope Tara and Xander can find this sicko soon and arrest him before he has a chance to kill Sarah.

Last edited by wickedaddiction on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Sorry I double clicked the submit button

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 pm 

wickedaddiction wrote:
Oooooh ooh ohh, DIBS!!!

woop woop! :applause

Quote:
Aww they’re so cute together. Really loving these sweet interactions and I want sooo many more but I can’t help to wonder when the other shoes gonna drop since this has been a pretty angsty story so far.

You're right, this is an angst filled story and it won't slow down anytime soon but there will be plenty more cute interactions to come sprinkled in.

Quote:
This is so sad yet so realistic. You didn’t give this person a name but I can’t help but to think it’s Buffy or maybe even Cordelia what with “some demons are too hard to concur” or getting her “wish” I just hope Tara and Xander can find this sicko soon and arrest him before he has a chance to kill Sarah.

Good guesses. Honestly I couldn't decide which BTVS character I wanted to put there, or potentially use later on in the story, so I left it blank.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:57 pm 

Tara had a vice-like grip on her gun. Her knuckles were turning white as a result. She had her back pressed onto the wall behind her, beside the front door to Chandler Bolton’s Ranch style home. She turned to look at Harris, who was in a similar position on the opposite side of the door.

After being given a firm nod of the head, Tara signaled for the police officer holding the battering ram to come forward. With a hard shove into the padlock of the door, it flew open with a loud thud.

Tara went first into the apartment, her gun aiming while Harris and the rest of the police officers followed closely behind. The group of highly trained civil servants flocked out in a zippering motion, separating to search every single room of the house for their suspect.

"Clear!" Tara shouted out once she entered the suspect’s bedroom and found it unoccupied. The same word was soon reverberated throughout the house as each room was cleared with no sign of the perp anywhere inside his own home.

Tara let out a disappointed sigh as she lowered her hands to her side. She had hoped to be able to arrest Bolton and put an end to his vengeance act. This was almost anti-climactic. Returning her gun back into its holster, Tara started looking around the cluttered bedroom for any clues of its occupants whereabouts. She walked over to the partially viewable closet and slid its folding doors the rest of the way open. Several leather belts, similar to those used to strangle the two homicide victims, were hanging on one of the hangers.

A half-closed box tucked in the corner caught her eyes and she bent down to drag it out.

She removed the cover of the box to reveal the contents within. As she rummaged through the box, the detective uncovered cut-out newspaper clips of his brother’s sexual assault case. Underneath the clippings Tara found several snapshots of the witnesses that had testified in open court.Three of the pictures had a red X scribbled over the faces of the deceased victims, while a forth was paper clipped to a printout airline ticket to New York the following week leaving a final Polaroid of the soon to be victim, Sarah Vanderbilt untouched.

The attempts Harris made to contact her earlier in the day were unsuccessful, which was extremely worrying. A BOLO was immediately made to all police officers and patrol cars with photos of both Chandler and Sarah distributed to LexisNexis to better assist the officers with locating the suspect and target.

"Hey, Tara!" Harris called out as he rushed into the bedroom. "One of the patrols just spotted a guy matching Chandler Bolton’s description on the UCLA campus. They are following him on foot."

"What are we waiting for then?" Tara replied as she placed the lid back onto the box. "Come on, lets go."

The two of them hurried out of the apartment with a small group of officer’s close behind them. The remaining officers, lower in rank, stayed behind to watch over the apartment in case the suspect decided to return.

"Where is he now?" Tara asked impatiently once she reached the side of the officer-in-charge.

There were about a dozen police vehicles parked outside the university’s gymnasium, where the suspect had headed into.

"They lost him," answered the Sergeant with a mix of embarrassment and frustration.

"What?" Tara breathed out unsympathetically.

"He could be in there with the girl right now!" Chimed in Harris, his face reddening in anger.

"Willow, stay here," Tara ordered her girlfriend, noticing the redhead stepping forward.

The medical examiner had insisted on following on the hunt for Chandler Bolton in the face of exasperated pleads from a certain brunette detective. She had waited anxiously by the car when they busted into his residence, counting the seconds until Tara reemerged through the front door of the quite neighborhood home. She wasn’t going to be so obedient this time though.

"If Bolton already grabbed her, she's gonna need immediate medical attention," Willow rebutted.

"If that's the case, we'll call for assistance once the threat has been eliminated."

"But..."

"No, stay here, Willow."

"I'm not going to let another girl die, Detective," Willow shot back, her resolve face in full effect. "If he does get to her before you get to him, Sarah's gonna need immediate medical assistance to give her the slightest chance at survival."

Tara gritted her teeth together tightly as she glanced over at her current partner, silently hoping he would chime in and discourage the redhead from following. After several seconds that felt like they lasted for hours, Tara finally relented. "Fine! But stay close to the Sergeant and do whatever he says." With that she ran toward the building with Harris right behind her leaving Willow standing alone by the Sergeant.

The officer-in-charge, Sergeant Seagull, quickly motioned for some police officers to follow him as he rushed after the retreating detectives, the pathologist mixing in with the troops as they headed toward the building. . Crowds of student, faculties and visiting family were being marshaled out of the building entrance at the same time, obstructing their way.

"Move out of the way people!" Seagull yelled as he and his group of officers cleared a path to the entrance, seemingly eager to redeem himself for his men’s earlier failure.

They rushed into the near-emptied building and spread out in different directions to cover more ground. Tara and Harris immediately headed to the staircase to the left of the front door, figuring it would be easier to work their way downwards, as Willow, the Sergeant and a couple officers followed closely behind them. As they reached the third floor, the officers pulled their flashlights and aimed them up and down the darkened hallway, looking for any sign of Bolton. The floor appeared to be deserted, engulfed in complete silence, the only sound coming from their cautious footsteps as it echoed down the hall.

Suddenly, a high-pitched scream filled the air. All heads swindled in the direction of the shriek simultaneously and dashed down the hallway, racing toward the opposite side of the building. When they reached the doorway to the yoga studio, they came upon the sight of an average-build man straddling a thrashing woman as he tried to tear her sports attire off.

"Police!" shouted the first officer to the door as he drew his weapon.

Chandler turned his head back to see a gang of five standing at the entrance, weapons drawn and aiming at him. Gulping audibly, Chandler stared wide-eye, a proverbial deer in headlights look on his face as his grip on the struggling woman’s shirt tighten. He hurriedly got off of his target, pulling her up with him to use as a shield as he backed away from the officer’s.

Frantically, he darted his eyes around the room, looking for an escape. Pulling Sarah tighter to his body, he backed them both to the opposite side of the room as he warned the police not to come any closer. Reaching one hand behind him, Chandler blindly fumbled for the handle of a secondary door which led to another part of the gymnasium. Breathing heavily, the perp casted one last look around the room then roughly shoved the crying student toward the slowly advancing officers, before quickly spinning on his heel and sprinting down the staircase.

Tara wanted to scream at the rookie officer for his idiocy for alerting Chandler to their presence, but she couldn’t waste a second of the precious time reprimanding him.

"You three, stay with the girl," Tara barked out as she looked first at Harris then directly at Willow who was slowly entering the room; the Sergeant in front of her acting like a shield before turning her attention to the other two police officers. "And you two follow me. Hurry!" Without another word, she dashed after the escaping suspect, not exactly caring if any of them were actually following her. She had only one thing on her mind, and that was catching Bolton. She gritted her teeth as she ran, trying to catch up with Chandler who had about a 20 second head-start. Opening her stride up as much as humanly possible, Tara bolted down the dimly lit hallway, determined not to lose this race.

As she slowly gained ground, Tara could see the rapist push through the door to the emergency stairwell at the end of the hallway as she drove herself on. When she had nearly arrived at the door, the detective shifted her body to one side to use her shoulder and her momentum to ram the door open. As the emergency siren wailed excessively, Tara hurried down the stairs, skipping a few steps in between. She chanced a glance down over the railing occasionally to get a glimpse of Chandler’s position. Confidence rose inside her when she noticed that she was closing in on him.

After three flights of stairs, Tara was breathing heavily. Her heart simply wasn’t pumping oxygenated blood through her body fast enough. She could feel her muscles burning and her legs on the brink of giving out. And they probably would have Tara deduced if it wasn’t for the flow of adrenaline coursing through her veins.

Jumping the last few steps, Tara yanked open the closing door. She was using every single ounce of strength in her body to keep herself running. She came to a stop at a T-junction, looking frantically from side-to-side after losing sight of her target. She managed to catch a glimpse of a shadow on her left and immediately chased after it, ignoring the sound of footsteps hurrying down the staircase behind her. The brunette detective turned the corner when she reached the end of the corridor and followed Chandler down another flight of stairs leading to the basement of the building.

Tara slowed down to a walk once she was at the bottom of the stairs, noticing that it was a dead end right in front of her. She drew her gun from its holster and carefully approached the only door located ahead of her which was partially opened. The passage was rather dark. She could only see with the help of diluted lights coming in through the opened door.

Cautiously, Tara stepped through the door, her eyes roaming around to look for any sign of movement. The room was like a warehouse, multiple rows with metal shelves about ten feet high, filled with sports equipment of every kind. Two flood lights, one on opposite sides of the room, sat high on the wall, illuminating the storage room in a dull glow.

Slowly, Tara walked further into the basement, searching for Chandler. Her heart was pounding frantically, her breathing labored as beads of sweat freely dripped down her forehead.

The sound of something rattling made her spin quickly to her right. A second later, a baseball bat was rolling toward her, the metal scraping against the cement floor. Right when the bat hit her feet, she heard a loud pull switch. Before she could react, the flood lights went out instantly, plunging the room and her into darkness.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Maybe It's Just Me - Update 07/01/2020
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:04 am 
5. Willowhand

Dibs! :whip
I'm glad that Chandler obviously just caught his latest victim before he was interrupted by Tara and the others and therefore hasn't raped this girl.
Quote:
The sound of something rattling made her spin quickly to her right. A second later, a baseball bat was rolling toward her, the metal scraping against the cement floor. Right when the bat hit her feet, she heard a loud pull switch. Before she could react, the flood lights went out instantly, plunging the room and her into darkness.

:shock Very mean of you to leave us with this cliffhanger. I fervently hope Tara won't end up needing immediate medical assistance from Willow...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5