The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Learning To Laugh (September 29, 2019)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:16 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 2
mmmh-Hot-Sauce: Glad you like the comic banter and especially the end of the section. I was proud of that interchange. :blush

Will's redemption: I guess I should have made her a little more neurotic...but I think that Willow is feeling somewhat empowered. I am sure the inner critic will rear her ugly head, but maybe not right now.

leftindust: I am glad that your liked it. Thanks.

Part 31

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Willow, Happy Birthday to You.” Tara whispered into Willow’s ear when the clock struck midnight.

Willow stretched and looked at the brown-haired girl laying beside her in the bed. “Did I fall asleep?”

“Yeah, I did too, but when I woke up as saw that it was midnight. I couldn’t resist beginning your birthday right now.”

“I think you’ve tired me out,” said Willow as she realized that she may be the most relaxed she’d ever been in her life. “Do I get 20 kisses today?” asked Willow.

“Definitely, at least 20 special kisses.” Tara looked at Willow with a sultry look on her face.

“Yay me, and Yay turning 20.”

“What else do you want to do for your birthday? I have 2 wrapped presents, and two special meals planned.”

“Presents, when do I get my presents. I haven’t gotten birthday presents since I was 10. My parents used to just send me money and tell me to buy what I wanted.”

“Well, I don’t want you to get your hopes up. They are just little presents.”

“Anything from you is extra special. Can we just spend my whole birthday naked except for when we are eating the two meals and taking Taffy for a walk.” Willow brought her hand underneath the sheet and began making circles on Tara’s abdomen.

Tara looked at Willow, pecked her on the lips and grinned. “That could be arranged. Does taking another one of those great baths count as naked time?”

“Definitely. I want another bath. We get all sweaty, need to get nice and clean for naked fun. I see at least one bath and a shower in our schedule. I like wet Tara.” Willow started giggling realizing that her comment had a double meaning.

“Not as much as I like wet Willow.” Tara joined her lips to Willow’s. She gently nipped at Willow’s lower lip and used her tongue to gain entrance to Willow’s mouth. Simultaneously, Tara began moving her hand to Willow’s already wet, red curls and below. “Um…wet Willow…” Tara sighed as she removed her mouth from Willow’s for a moment and then joined her lips to Willow’s again.

“Whenever I am around you,” muttered Willow as she felt Tara exploring with her fingers. Willow gasped as Tara plunged one finger into her canal, while using her thumb to tease the bundle of nerves. Tara hooked her finger and found the slightly rough patch inside Willow. She was rewarded with a gush of more liquid and a wiggling Willow. “That feels so good.”

Tara added a second finger and moved her lips to one of Willow’s pink nipples. She sucked Willow’s breast in tempo with her fingers moving in and out and Willow’s breathing. Increasing the speed as Willow’s breath began to quicken. Willow took a deep breath and Tara plunged her fingers into Willow and circled Willow’s clitoris quickly. “Oh...Oh…Oh…Oh…” Willow moaned, as Tara returned to the frenetic movement of her fingers and mouth. Willow came with a scream of pleasure and an announcement of “Happy Birthday to me.”

Tara slowed her movements and helped Willow come down from the high. When she started to remove her fingers, Willow said, “Don’t go. It makes me feel so complete. It feels so right.” Tara returned her fingers and looked at her lover. Willow had a sex flush from between her breasts up to behind her ears. Tara kissed a trail through the red spots. She nibbled at the spot behind Willow’s ear that she knew was an erogenous zone. She could feel the response to this in the tightening of Willow’s channel and Willow’s moving so that Tara’s thumb pressed against her pleasure center. Willow moved onto her side and explored the brown curls at the apex of her girlfriend’s legs. “You’re wet too.”

“How could I not be. Happy Birthday to me and stay inside me.’ It so totally arousing to watch and hear you come.”

“I like to watch you too.” Willow teased Tara’s entrance and entered her with one, and then two fingers. The two took turns leading and following until they both reached climax and were laying spent on the bed.

“That felt so good.” Tara moved her head so that she could look at the heavily lidded emerald eyes gazing at her. “I love you Willow Rosenberg.”

“I love you too, Tara Maclay.”

“Are you at all sleepy?” asked Tara yawning.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to miss a moment of this experience.”

“We’ll have all day today and even tomorrow. Let’s go to sleep for awhile and who knows what the early morning will bring.”

“Promises, promises.”

“Promises that I know that I will keep.”

“Do you want funny shapes or circles?” asked Tara as she checked the griddle to make sure that it was hot enough to cook the pancakes well.

In the interest of safety and Willow’s rules that eating food was not something to be done in the nude. The two girls had put on their pajamas. Willow was sitting on a bench at the island while Tara was stirring the batter.

“Funny shapes. Birthday Shapes. Today is my birthday.”

“Like I’d forget.” Tara smiled at Willow.

“Already this is the best birthday ever,” exclaimed Willow, and it is only 10am.”

Tara poured the batter so that it formed something that resembled a birthday cake and an “H”, “B” and “W”. She watched the batter bubble and carefully turned the cakes over so that they were perfectly brown on both sides. She put the cakes on a plate and gave them to Willow who slathered them with butter and syrup. Tara made similar shapes for herself and they sat down at the table to eat their breakfast.

Willow looked at the maple syrup. “If we were not in somebody else’s house or I was pretty sure that I could be neat, this could be an interesting addition to our activities.”

“We can try that out some time that Anya’s out of town for the weekend.”

“Ok. These pancakes are the best I have ever had. What is your secret?”

“It’s a secret that my grandmother, taught my mom, and my mom taught me.”

“And you’ll teach our daughter.”

“Will, you are getting a little ahead of yourself.”

“Maybe, but I think that we’ll have a daughter. Maybe parthenogenesis will be a reality when we are ready to have kids. You do want to have kids don’t you.”

“I hadn’t really thought of it. I figured that being gay kind of precluded the whole reproduction thing.”

“I hope not. I think you’d be a good mom.”

“This is a little heavy of a conversation when we’ve basically had about five hours of sleep and more orgasms than I thought possible.”

“And the day is early.”

“Vixen.”

“Yep. That is Ms. Birthday Vixen to you.”

Just then, Taffy came to the door and asked to be brought in. Willow gave the dog a treat and scratched behind her ears. Taffy walked to her bed and lay down. “She is a good dog.”

“Yes. She is. When do you want to take her for her walk?”

“Later today. Now I want to shower, hopefully not alone, brush my teeth, and return to the naked birthday celebration.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. Watching you cook got me all hot and bothered.”

“Willow, you are incorrigible.”

“Perhaps, but I’m ok with that.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 am 
3. Flaming O

Dibs! Tara pancakes put in an appearance! This chapter was a little bittersweet for me because Willow is only 20 yet has had no birthday specialness in her life for the past decade. Tara is hopefully gonna make up for that. Happy Birthday Willow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:09 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I really want to see a birthday cake pancake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 5
Great update! Loving this story more and more. Can't wait for the next chapter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:15 am 

Northernlass: Didn't mean to make it bittersweet. This will definitely rank as number 1 in her last 20 birthdays.

leftindust: Wish I knew how to do graphics. I sort of imagine it as two ovals with sticks coming off it.

mmmh-hot-sauce: Hope you like it. My pieces are not as long. I've lost a little momentum in my writing. But I hate unfinished gestalts and this will not be a 10 year story.

Learning to Laugh
NC17
Joss, ME and television networks make money off them. I just imagine them having different lives. Thanks to Amber and Aly too.
This chapter is totally smutty fluff. Sorry to those of you who were happy that I included banter and other things rather than just sex, sex, sex. But they are 20 and this is all new and I don't think that they can get enough of each other....

Birthday continued

“You want one of your presents?” asked Tara as she toweled off her hair. Willow was sitting on the bed watching her girlfriend with rapt attention.

“Sure, as I’ve said I like presents,” answered Willow.

Tara walked over to her suitcase and picked up a small square present. “I hope you are not disappointed; they are just two small presents.”

Willow took the present from Tara’s hand and opened it. It was a tape.

“Yay, another mixed tape from Tara. I love your mixed tapes!” Willow exclaimed.

“This one should be better because it doesn’t have to be all subtle, ‘I like/love you.’”

“I loved the first one, and I am sure that I will love this one too.”

Willow looked at the neatly written songs. Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves), No More Lonely Nights (Paul McCartney), Smooth Operator (Sade), Voices Carry (‘Til Tuesday), Lay your hands on me (Thompson Twins), What About Love (Heart), Crazy for You (Madonna), “Take On Me (a-ha), “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham),Against All Odds (Phil Collins), Hello (Lionel Richie), Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper), Talking In Your Sleep (The Romantics), I Just Called to Say I l Love You (Stevie Wonder), Islands in the Stream (Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton), Head Over Heels (The Go-Go’s).

“These are great. We’ll have to put it on.”

“I tried to put the active ones on one side and the softer ones on the other, like last time.”

“Yeah it seems perfect. Thanks so much.” Willow went over to where Tara was sitting and enveloped her in a hug and started kissing her neck and throat.” She whispered, “I don’t want to listen to music, I want to hear the music coming from you,” in Tara’s ear.

“It appears that 20-year-old Willow is a sex-fiend.”

“I don’t think it has anything to do with my birthday…I think it has to do with my beautiful, girlfriend sitting in front of me, in a towel. Maybe it does have to do a little with my birthday; remember my request to spend my birthday sans clothes.” Willow began to suck Tara’s pulse point. “But if you don’t want to…I guess we could get dressed and watch a movie or something.” Willow walked toward her bag. She bent over her bag.

Tara followed her, grabbing the towel that was wrapped around her petite girlfriend and unwrapping it.
“Humm…I get to unwrap something too.” She pulled Willow toward the bed and they flopped onto it.

“I promised you 20 special kisses. Do you want them all together or spread them out over the course of the day?” Tara purred into Willow’s ear.

Tara’s breath and words caused goose bumps to spread across Willow’s body. “Hum…that seemed to cause some autonomic nervous system action, eh? or Are you cold?” asked Tara as she saw that along with goose bumps, Willow’s nipples were puckered. Tara took one of them between her fingers.

“Have I told you that it is a turn on when you talk all scientific?” commented Willow.

“No. I guess I’ll have to improve my scientific vocabulary, especially Biology.” Tara trailed her finger down Willow’s torso, stopping right below her belly button. “So, kisses?”

“You’re the gift giver. Whatever you want.”

“So, it is up to me?”

“Sure.”

“Ok, so I want to make love to you while I give you some of these ‘special birthday’ kisses. I want you to lay back and enjoy. I am sure that we’ll have several more ‘making love with’ opportunities, but I want to make love ‘to’ you, understand?” Tara whispered into Willow ear.

Willow felt that she was conscious of every nerve ending in her body and they were all excited. She nodded.

Tara kneeled with her legs straddling Willow’s and her arms on each side of her shoulders. “One.” Tara kissed Willow’s forehead. “Two.” she kissed Willow’s right eye. “Three.” She kissed her left eye. “Four.” She joined her mouth to Willow’s. She nipped at Willow’s lower lip and used her tongue to request access. When Willow’s tongue began responding, Tara removed her mouth and brought her lips to Willow’s ear again. “To…not with…” Tara nipped Willow’s ear. “You just wasted ‘five’.” She kissed behind Willow’s ear. Willow willed herself to be passive and grabbed the sheets so that she wouldn’t be tempted to ‘waste’ any more of her birthday kisses.

“Six.” Tara kissed the indentation of Willow’s throat. “Seven.” She kissed between Willow’s breasts.

“Eight.” She took Willow’s right breast into her mouth. She used her tongue to tease the areola and lick around the nipple until finally sucking it. This caused Willow to moan, tense her muscles. “Nine.” She moved her ministration to the left breast while playing with the right nipple with her fingers. Willow could feel Tara’s erect nipples pressed against her stomach and had to clench the sheets to not touch Tara.

“Ten.” Tara kissed Willow’s belly button and dipped her tongue into he slight indentation. “Eleven.” Tara kissed the spot right above where Willow’s coppery curls began. Tara moved her body so that she was now kneeling between Willow’s legs. She pushed Willow’s feet so that her legs were bent, and Willow’s sex was open before her. Willow opened her eyes and saw Tara examining her. “So beautiful, you are so beautiful. I can see why people say they look like flowers.” Willow smiled. It’s kind of embarrassing, but kinda hot too.

“Eleven.” Tara kissed Willow’s right knee. “Twelve.” She kissed her left knee. “Thirteen.” She kissed Willow’s left inner thigh. “Fourteen.” She kissed Willow’s right inner thigh. “You smell so good; I can’t imagine how good you are going to taste.” Tara purred. Willow looked at her lover’s eyes. I can hardly see the blue her eyes are so dilated. Tara smiled at Willow and said, “Fifteen, now for the most special kiss.”

Willow had tried to imagine what this experience would be like. But her imagination was not vivid enough to even begin to conceive of what it felt like. Tara used her fingers to open her up and her tongue was gently exploring Willow’s womanhood. It was causing sensations that she had never even dreamed of. She’d thought that Tara had already brought her to the peak of pleasure, but this was different, it was more intense. Tara was licking and sucking and making noises that hummed throughout her body. Willow’s hips rose off the bed as Tara movements became more frenetic. Tara inserted one finger into Willow’s channel and found the rough patch that caused Willow to moan and release more fluid. Willow could feel her orgasm coming, she’d get to the peak, and Tara would change her movements, slowing them down and then bringing her back, finally Willow could not take it anymore and she screamed “Please.” Tara began pump her fingers in and out of Willow while sucking her clit. Willow worried that she was going to somehow hurt Tara as her body bucked from her orgasm, but Tara rode the waves with her as they crashed and crashed and crashed. Willow lost consciousness for a moment, and it took a few minutes for her to gain control of her body. She opened her eyes and looked at her girlfriend. “I need you up here, on top of me.” Tara crawled up her body, bringing her lips to Willow’s and leaving a leg pressed against Willow’s center. When they paused to breathe, Willow said, “That was amazing. I love you so much. That was the best birthday present I have ever gotten in my entire life.”

Tara smiled her crooked smile and said, “I think it was the best birthday present I’ve ever given anyone too.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs! :whip
smut + yummy Tara-pancakes + more smut = :drool = very happy birthday girl - and happy readers as well! :bigkiss

I'm glad that the girls take as much intimacy out of their alone-time as they can get. Back in the dorms and later at Tara's home the opportunities for long, undisturbed love-making will be rare.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am 
3. Flaming O

That was hot. Certainly a birthday to remember!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:57 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 14
I'm loving all of this alone time for our girls and I'm thrilled to see Willow FINALLY loosen up, relax and trust that Tara does love her. They needed to be alone; away from the stress of their day to day responsibilities and roommates and the severe lack of privacy. I seriously hope they don't get too carried away, lose track of time and get caught by the professor. That would really suck...and not in a good way.

On a side note...I LOVE THE MIX TAPE! I graduated HS in '85 and boy did that take me back. :clap

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:41 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Aww, super sweet update, bummed I'm getting to it so late, but guess that means a new chapter is right around the corner :pray .

Quote:
Hope you like it. My pieces are not as long. I've lost a little momentum in my writing. But I hate unfinished gestalts and this will not be a 10 year story.

I know what you mean, I'm one of those 10 year writers. :ashamed I get so many ideas in my head that I want to write about but then I get bogged down with real life or worse yet, writers block and story's get left behind. Anyways, keep up the fantastic work!

P.S. I loved the idea behind the 20 birthday kisses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:10 pm 

Will's Redemption: Glad you liked the mix of sweet and smut. Thanks for reading.

Northernlass: : Definitely Willow's best ever. Thanks for commenting.

Finey Mc Fine
: Yes, the 80's had good music. They won't get caught. That is not angst I wanted to create. Always feel like I won the lottery when I get a comment from you. :blush

mmmh-Hot-Sauce: Glad you liked the 20 birthday kisses. Thanks for going on this crazy ride with me.

Learning to Laugh
PG-13
Joss and television networks own everything. I just like to imagine better lives for Tara and Willow.

“Do we have to go out?” whined Willow. “I like staying like this.” She pulled at Tara’s arm as she was trying to leave the bed and brought her back to a prone position.

“Well, we’ve got to take Taffy for her walk, and I figured after than I’d take you out to dinner for your birthday.”

“Can’t we just take Taffy for two walks tomorrow?”

“She’s been nosing around the door for the last hour. I think she is feeling neglected.”

“Ok.” Willow kissed Tara and jumped out of the bed. “Sweetie, I really appreciate that you want to take me out to dinner, but I’d really prefer to just throw on sweats, take the dog for a walk and come back have a grilled cheese sandwich or something and return to my naked birthday celebration.”

“You haven’t had enough?” quipped Tara as she began to put on her jeans.

“No, have you? Am I asking too much of you.” Willow started to panic.

Tara walked over to where Willow was standing in her underwear and put her hands on Willow’s shoulders. “Sweetie, you are not asking for anything that I am not willing to give. I didn’t want to sound like a horn-dog and I’d promised that I’d take you out for your birthday. I didn’t want to renege.”

“Renege away sweetie. I feel like we need to take advantage of this being alone opportunity while we are here. Even at times are roommates are out, we still have lots of other people on our halls and very thin walls.” Willow pulled on her sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. I think I now understand why sometimes people’s music seems to be up extra loud, they are probably doing ‘it’” Tara put on a shirt and a lavender sweater.

“Yeah probably. I hadn’t really thought about it either. I wish we could just stay here forever.” Willow said as she began to tie her sneakers.

“I don’t think Professor Walsh would be too happy if we took over his guest room, and I am pretty sure that he wouldn’t want his kids hearing us either.” Tara sat down on the bed and put on her socks and boots.

“Yuck, you had to put that in my mind. You know I was imagining it as this being our house and all we needed to do was take care of the dog and hang together.”

“If we ever want to have a place like this, we’ll definitely have to keep up our studies and probably both get advanced degrees. We need to go back and finish our undergraduate programs.”

“It’s my birthday, I want to live in my dream world that this is our house and all we have to do is take care of the dog, take care of our own needs and make love.”

“Definitely, we don’t have to think about the real world until Sunday. We’ve got a whole ‘nother day to spend how we want.

Taffy bumbled into the room as soon as Willow opened the door. “It’s ok girl,” Willow patted the dog on the head, “We didn’t forget about you. You ready for a walk.”

The dog began panting and jumping up and down. Willow put the dog’s harness on while Tara grabbed their jackets.

They left the house and began walking the dog down the sidewalk. They were walking beside the road when they came face to face with another dog and its owner. ‘’

“Is that you Willow?” asked the person.

Willow dropped Tara’s hand which she’d been holding.

“Hello, Professor Travis. I didn’t know you had a dog.”

“Yeah, it is not something that I usually talk about at school. What are you doing walking Taffy?”

“Professor Walsh hired us to house and dog sit.”

The professor looked Tara up and down, “Who is your friend?”

“Professor Travis, this is my friend Tara. Tara this is Professor Travis. He teaches Chemistry.”

“Hello, sir.” Tara outstretched her hand. He met it with his own and gave her a lackluster handshake.

Taffy and the professor’s dog were nosing around each other. “What’s your dog’s name?” asked Willow.

“Trent, he and Taffy have been friends for a long time. Professor Walsh never said anything about having a student house sit. Why didn’t you go home for Thanksgiving?”

Willow looked at the professor. Why does he care? What do I say? It is not like I want my professors knowing my life story… It just didn’t work out this time. Well, we’d better get going, Taffy needs her exercise. Nice seeing you.” Willow began walking briskly away.

When they were far enough away from him for Willow to figure that he couldn’t hear her, Willow muttered, “Do you think he saw us holding hands?”

“Why does it matter, Willow are you ashamed of me.”

“No. Definitely not, no I am not at all ashamed of you. Want me to hunt him down and tell him that you are my wonderful girlfriend.”

“No, that is definitely not needed. I would have probably dropped your hand too if we’d run into one of my professors. I just think it isn’t fair. If one of us was a guy, we’d not feel ashamed,” commented Tara.

“The wonders of internalized homophobia, as well as, externalized homophobia,” responded Willow.

“I’ve never quite understood why it’s called a ‘phobia’. It’s not that people are afraid of gay people, it is more of a -ism ‘homoism’, I guess that doesn’t have quite as good of a ring. Gayism.”

“Orientationism?”

“Identityism.”

“I guess it is a ‘phobia’ because people are afraid that it is going to happen to them. What if he says something about it to Professor Walsh. I didn’t tell him that you were my girlfriend. I don’t want him to think that I took advantage of his generosity and used his house to do you know…”

“Didn’t you?” asked Tara trying to make the situation a little lighter.

“Yeah, but I don’t want him to know that. He may not hire me again. I was sort of hoping he may need a dog sitter for the Winter Holidays. I’d much rather spend some of the vacation in a house rather than having to move to whatever dorm they keep open for the vacation.”

“Speaking of that…” Tara commented.

“Of what?” asked Willow.

“Of the winter holiday break. I was sort of hoping that you’d come home with me for the vacation. I want to spend the winter holidays with you.”

Willow stopped and looked at Tara with an expression that communicated utter confusion. “I can’t… I have to… your family…go home with you. I can’t… I have to work.”

“You have to work on Christmas? What job do you do on Christmas? I know the theater can’t be open on Christmas. Do you have some secret job that you’ve been keeping from me?” said Tara with a tone of sarcasm and frustration.

“Not on Christmas per se, but the week after New Years until school opens again on January 21st.” Willow began walking rapidly back toward the house.

Tara ran to catch up with her. “Therefore, you could come home with my for Christmas and then take the train back to school.”

Willow stopped again and looked at Tara with an expression that communicated a lack of understanding of what Tara was saying.

“Do you not want to spend the Winter Holidays with me?” Tara said with a hint of sadness.

“No…” Willow stuttered.

“No?” said Tara flabbergasted.

“No, I don’t mean no, sure I’d like to spend the holidays with you. I want to spend every moment that I can with you, but go home with you? What about your parents? What if they figure it out?”

“Willow, there is nothing to figure out. They know you are my girlfriend, or at least my mom does. She told me to ask you. I don’t talk about this kind of thing much to my dad, but he is always ‘the more the merrier’ kinda guy.”

“You parents know about me?” Willow practically shrieked. She began walking even faster.

“Willow, slow down, breathe.” Tara took the leash out of Willow’s hand and put her hand on her shoulder.

“What…what if…what if they change their minds…what if they don’t’ like me? What if they think I’m not good enough for you,” Willow began to panic.

“Willow, breathe. I am sure that they will like you, what’s not to like. My siblings have brought some doozies home in the past, and my parents were nothing but nice to every one of them.”

“But none of them were a girl.”

“Actually, my brothers always bring home girls.”

“You know what I mean.”

“Yeah, this will be the first time someone brings someone of the same sex home for the holiday. But nobody is going to care?”

“How do you know that? They could freak. I never imagined that my parents would freak, and look, total freak, disowned their only kid freak…”

“That’s what this is about, isn’t it Willow. You are afraid that my parents are going to disown me if they meet you. Do you want to talk to them, do you need my mom to promise you that she won’t disown me?”

“I don’t want to give them any ideas. What if they didn’t ever think about it before. I don’t want to give them ideas.” Willow sounded frantic.

“Willow, calm down. Let’s walk the dog home, feed her and sit down and talk about this rationally.”

They walked in silence for a few minutes. “I’m sorry Tara. I’m not handling this well at all.

“Willow, you are handling it the way you handle it. It’s ok.” Tara bumped Willow’s hip.

They continued to walk back to the house. Once they got back into the house, Tara began rummaging in the kitchen for something for dinner while Willow changed Taffy’s water and gave him some dog food.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go out?” asked Tara. “We don’t have to go anywhere fancy. We could just get pizza.”

“I don’t want to go anywhere. I just want to stay here with you.”

“Fine. Peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese?”

“Which ever you want.”

“It’s your birthday.”

“Ok, do we have enough cheese for grilled cheese?”

“Yep. I wouldn’t have offered it if we didn’t” said Tara in a slightly snarky manner.

“Ok, sorry. Grilled cheese, please.”

Tara began moving around the kitchen finding the pan that she’d used before and taking out the cheeses that she’d found. She grabbed two plates and put some chips on each of them, and peeled carrots, cut them into sticks, and put the carrot sticks on the plates. As soon as the griddle was hot, she began to grill the sandwiches.

“I’m sorry that I was snarky. I just didn’t expect you to freak so much when I asked you to come home with me.”

“It’s ok. I know I overreacted. I’ve just been thinking a lot about my parents disowning me. It’s my 20th birthday and it’s been over a year since they’ve called me or talked to me. I guess that I just keep on thinking that they will call me and apologize or just to say Happy Birthday. Not that they’d have any way to know that I am here. Maybe I should have stayed in my room.”

“Sat by the phone to wait for their call?”

“That’s what I did last year. It really sucked. I got depressed.”

“Understandably. I can imagine you worrying about going to the bathroom, thinking you’d miss the call.”

“Yeah, I hardly drank anything.”

“I was kidding.”

“I know, but it was true. I took my phone of the receiver, so they’d get a busy signal when I went to the bathroom.”

“Oh, Willow. I wish I’d known you then. I would have sat in your room with you. You will never have to spend a birthday sitting and waiting for a phone call alone again.”

“Do you think they just never really loved me and took this as an excuse. Maybe they never wanted to have children.”

Tara took the sandwiches off the heat and walked over to Willow and enveloped her in a hug. “Sweetie, I don’t know. I’ve never met them, and I figure I’ll never meet them. I don’t understand how anyone could disown someone as sweet and beautiful and wonderful as you. It’s their loss. They must be really stupid.” Tara kissed Willow’s neck.

“My parents are really smart.”

“Maybe they are book smart, but they’ve got to be emotion dumb because they disowned you.”

“It’s not them, it’s me,” said Willow.

Tara walked back to where Willow was sitting. She took her hand and brought Willow’s face up so that they were looking straight at each other. “It is them. There is nothing wrong with you. You are a special, wonderful, beautiful, spectacular, awesome, kind, caring, smart, and amazing woman. It is their problem.”

“I don’t think so.” Willow struggled out of Tara’s grip and looked back down at the floor.

“Well, I love you Willow Rosenberg. I’m going to tell you and show you and do everything I can until you are able to see the situation the way I see it, and you can say confidently that it’s their loss, it is their problem.”

“Ok.” Willow looked up at Tara’s blue eyes. “The grilled cheeses smell like they are trying to burn.”

“Tara rushed over to the pan and flipped the sandwiches onto the plates.”

“A little crispy, but not too bad.”

“I like mine a little crispy. I love the color dark brown.” She smiled at Tara.

“How did you remember that I wanted this book?” asked Willow as she opened the wrapped present. They were cuddling on the bed watching television.

“It wasn’t too hard. You said it was one of your favorite authors. It wasn’t too hard to go back to the bookstore and purchase it. I was going to give it to you for one of the winter holidays, but then I found out about your birthday.”

“It can count for the holidays too. You keep calling them the “winter” holidays instead of Christmas. Doesn’t your family celebrate Christmas?”

“Yes, we celebrate Christmas, but we also celebrate the Winter Solstice. I told you that my mother’s family are Wiccan. My mom’s mother has always tried to make the Solstice a major holiday. It’s sort of the Solstice celebration with my mom’s family and Christmas with my dad’s family.

“If I come home with you, I’ll really meet your whole family?”

“Yeah.”

“And you think that they will like me?”

“I am positive they will like you.”

“How can you be positive?”

“What is not to like sweetheart.”

“I feel like this conversation is going in a circle.”

“Why?”

“When you say, what’s not to like, it makes me think about my parents not liking me.”

“Let’s keep that negative talk out of the room.”

“Ok. So holidays, when is Chanukah?”

“It starts the 8th and ends on the 15th. Exams start right after it ends.”

“Does the campus Jewish group do anything for it?”

“Yeah, usually there is a party either the first or the last night and we make latkes and eat jelly donuts.”

“Can I come with you? I’ve never had a latke.”

“Have you ever had a potato pancake?”

“Yeah.”

“Then you’ve had a latke. They are the same thing.”

“Oh. Well, I like jelly donuts.”

“Me too, especially raspberry ones.”

“Little did I know about you and liking raspberries. So, can I come?”

“Of course.”

“So, I am pretty sure that I have six more kisses to give you,” commented Tara looking at Willow in a seductive manner.

“Happy Birthday to me.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
“You haven’t had enough?” quipped Tara as she began to put on her jeans.

“No, have you? Am I asking too much of you.” Willow started to panic.

So Willow's self-doubts are back - it was to be expected, of course...
Quote:
“Is that you Willow?” asked the person.

Willow dropped Tara’s hand which she’d been holding.

And the harsh light of the outside world is back too, sadly.

Like Tara I didn't expect such a major freakout from Willow because of the invitation to accompany Tara home for christmas. But their conversation at the end gives me hope that Willow will get used to the idea and accept the invitation in the near future.
Quote:
Maybe I should have stayed in my room.”

“Sat by the phone to wait for their call?”

“That’s what I did last year. It really sucked. I got depressed.”

“Understandably. I can imagine you worrying about going to the bathroom, thinking you’d miss the call.”

“Yeah, I hardly drank anything.”

“I was kidding.”

“I know, but it was true. I took my phone of the receiver, so they’d get a busy signal when I went to the bathroom.”

“Oh, Willow. I wish I’d known you then. I would have sat in your room with you. You will never have to spend a birthday sitting and waiting for a phone call alone again.”

Poor Willow, my heart really ached for her here!

Quote:
“It’s not them, it’s me,” said Willow.

Tara walked back to where Willow was sitting. She took her hand and brought Willow’s face up so that they were looking straight at each other. “It is them. There is nothing wrong with you. You are a special, wonderful, beautiful, spectacular, awesome, kind, caring, smart, and amazing woman. It is their problem.”

“I don’t think so.” Willow struggled out of Tara’s grip and looked back down at the floor.

“Well, I love you Willow Rosenberg. I’m going to tell you and show you and do everything I can until you are able to see the situation the way I see it, and you can say confidently that it’s their loss, it is their problem.”

Tara is so right! I'm glad about her resolve and trust in her patience because I fear it will take quite a long time until Willow will feel this way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm dying for the winter hols at Tara's, and for Willow to experience a loving family festive time. I have a feeling Tara's mom will be key to this, then maybe Willow will begin to feel she's worthy of love.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:41 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow, wow!!! I have so many feelings. Your Willow and Tara are both wonderful! I love that Tara has a wonderful family! This fic is amazing!

Willow: You two (Giles and Tara) have been talking about me behind my back. Tara: No! God. Willow: You know how that makes me feel? Tara: Willow, you are using too much magick. What do you want me to do, sit back and keep my mouth shut? Willow: Well that'd be a good start Tara: (Shocked) If I didn''t love you so damn much I would!

Post subject: Re: Learning To Laugh (December 4, 2019)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm 

Mouselafay: Glad you are liking the story. Thanks for feedbacking.

Northernlass: The winter holidays will be the next big update. My goal is to have the chapter(s) written before the actual winter holidays occur in the RW.

Will's Redemption: Thanks for the dibs. Yes, Willow is still neurotic, but every day that she is loved by Tara, she gets a little better. Thanks for sticking with my story.

Learning to Laugh
Disclaimer: Joss owns everything. I just imagine different lives for his characters.

This is just a transition to get us to the holidays. My goal is that I'll have the holidays written before the 2019 Solstice.

December 1, 1985

Dear Tara,
So much to write, so much has happened since the last time I was in my dorm room. I have a feeling that my bed is going to feel lonely without Willow. Part of me wanted us to figure out a way that we could sleep together, but I know I am not ready to sleep with Willow with other people in the room. Anya did an excellent job with the surprise party. I think that Willow was really surprised. She didn’t seem to have any suspicions that I was purposely trying to keep her from going back to her dorm. Leaving the professor’s house felt like leaving home. Just those few days of domesticity made me ache for the time that we will be together always. It kind of sucks to be college students at the moment. Hopefully we can be roommates for next year and we won’t have to worry about it.

All the things that happened. I don’t know what I expected my ‘first time’ to be like, but it was amazing. Words can’t do it justice, and I am pretty sure that I don’t need to write about it to remember it. No question, Tara Maclay likes sex.

So, Willow’s birthday party… We got there any all of her friends were in the room. Willow’s eyes bugged out and for the first time, she seemed to be speechless. Anya had done a really good job pulling all of the people from her different areas of life. I was also really surprised at how good of a baker Anya was. The cake was really good. It was interesting to see what different people thought were good birthday presents for Willow. She got several “women’s music” albums, Cris Williamson, Meg Christian, Theresa Trull, and Alex Dobkin. I am looking forward to listening to them. One of the Meg Christian songs is called “Ode to a gym teacher.” I am guessing that it will be funny. The theater people gave her books of plays and some black tee-shirts. Amy gave her a tee-shirt that said, “I’d rather be hanging lights”. The science people all got together and bought Willow what I guess is a really good calculator. I don’t know, but Willow was really happy. Willow seemed really touched that so many people cared about her birthday. I stayed after to help Anya clean up. As I said before, it was really hard to leave, but I’ll see her tomorrow. I think that she’s come around to the idea of coming home with me for Christmas. Not that we’ll have any time alone there, but I really want everyone to meet her. We’ve got sixteen days until Christmas break. Exams start in 10 days. I am guessing it is going to be really busy. Willow was already starting to make up study materials for her exams this weekend. Academically, she really makes me look like a slacker. I have 2 exams and 2 final projects. Willow’s got four exams and some big computer program that is due the last day of exams. I hope that I’ll get to see her some in the next two weeks, but I figure that it is going to be intense.

December 4, 1985

Willow made up this big schedule for the next two weeks. It’s got everything that we’ve got to do before leaving for Christmas. She broke it down in one hour increments. She used all of these different colored pens. It is a sight to behold. All of my stuff is in blue and hers is in red. I laughed when I saw that at least once a day there was a block of purple, with nothing scheduled. When I asked, she just raised her eyebrows and gave me a sly grin. Good to know that I’ll be getting my Willow time. Count down to bringing my girlfriend home for the holidays….

Post subject: Re: Learning To Laugh (December 5, 2019)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I was worried that you might have abandoned this wonderful story, so yay for the update! :applause
I'm glad to read in Tara's diary that Willow's surprise-party was a success.

Quote:
Willow made up this big schedule for the next two weeks. It’s got everything that we’ve got to do before leaving for Christmas. She broke it down in one hour increments. She used all of these different colored pens. It is a sight to behold. All of my stuff is in blue and hers is in red. I laughed when I saw that at least once a day there was a block of purple, with nothing scheduled. When I asked, she just raised her eyebrows and gave me a sly grin. Good to know that I’ll be getting my Willow time.

:laugh This is so Willow, quirky and adorable!

I'm looking forward to their winter-vacation at Tara's home.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:58 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Great how they're spending time together, and Tara's awakening to an adult approach to sexuality :applause . Willow's panic about meeting Tara's folks, or the profs discovering anything, and her, let's be blunt, clinginess, reminds me again that she is a mental health consumer (like folks I knew in the 80s) and she just plain will often not have a handle to grasp for various situations. And as important as Tara's feelings and presence are, that can't fix all of it.

Willow's doubts about the term "homophobia;" reminds me of a letter in Fantastic magazine back in the early 70s when the term wasn't heard of, fan writer Roger Clorese, taking issue with something in a previous editorial, proposed the term "sexualism" to prejudices based on orientation. It could have been useful if it had caught on.

I feel for Willow on having family members who want nothing to do with oneself. :sigh

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:29 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I was so excited to see an update to this story, I really enjoy it. Glad to see that so many of Willow's friends showed up to her surprise party and that she had a good time. Can't wait for the next update and how their trip to the Maclay household will be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:07 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 14
Very nice to see you writing again, and more specifically, updating this fic.

Quote:
All the things that happened. I don’t know what I expected my ‘first time’ to be like, but it was amazing. Words can’t do it justice, and I am pretty sure that I don’t need to write about it to remember it. No question, Tara Maclay likes sex.
The last sentence made me lol.

I totally get the need to want to be together all the time and have more alone time and not just the sex part. Having that snuggly time is an important part of any close relationship. If I was them, I'd be changing dorm rooms before the start of the next semester. Introduce Anya to Tara's roommate, hope they hit it off and switch! :lol

On a side note, down memory lane: When I saw those dates, boy did I get a memory rush. I turned 18 on December 15th, 1985, one day after my first semester of college ended. My grandparents were out of town for the weekend to a family reunion and I had this huge party at their house. Most. Fun. Ever.

Ok, back to reality. Nice chapter...hoping to see more soon!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5