The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New Fic :: 2017 :: When Erynn found herself NC-17
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:11 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
God, poor Tara! She has had enough trauma and is enough of an empath in her own right to be carrying Erynn's too. But she does need to talk to Willow and Willow's anger and frustration is warranted. Everything is spiralling. Great work as always!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Topics: 4
Great writing, and also :cry as usual. Even aside from the material threats and supernatural goings-on (which are plenty threatening by themselves) it's just so gut-wrenching to follow along with Willow and Tara trying to deal with the sadness and pain they're experiencing. And it deconstructs the old 'hurt/comfort' cliche, because they're written too real to drop into convenient roles like that - even though Tara's got the obvious 'hurt' of having all those memories dumped on her, they're both hurt (I mean, how could Willow not be, when Tara is), and at the same time both struggling to heal some of that pain - not without some progress, but it's an uphill battle for both of them, and neither have the security of the story giving them easy options. As a reader I know things will work out in the end, but the writing is too convincing and vivid to just stay in that comfortable 'observing the story' mindset - there's a real sense of the place W/T are now, where it's difficult to escape the fear that all of what's going on is just too much.

Edited to add: on re-reading that, I really feel like I got sidetracked in trying to verbalise what's in my head after reading (that dream was just... that's proper horror material, where it's not actually showing a la slasher gore or that kind of thing, but putting a harrowing idea in your mind where you can't get away from it - and that's just as a reader, what it must be like for Tara experiencing a nightmare so awful, just... honestly, that was a 'pause in reading and go do something distracting until tightness in chest goes away' moment), so I wanted to pop back in to finish saying: this is really, really riveting, very powerful, and totally true to character. And also (because (shamefaced) I missed the post in the update thread and only checked it after seeing Will's redemption's reply) to offer my sympathies for your loss, and echo that I'm sure everyone here understands that there are times writing has to take a back seat to taking care of yourself.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:33 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm very sorry for your loss! Hopefully writing gives you a distraction from the sorrow. If you should feel a need for a timeout in the future, take as long as you need, we will wait for you.

As you warned the last chapter has an angsty feel. I'm really sorry that Erynn managed to rock Damien's smugness only for a short time - now that her pendant is once again useless her situation really seems hopeless... What a pity that Spike chooses to be an arsehole in this chapter. Pushing Xander's buttons and bullying Tara is vexing enough, but withholding vital information regarding the big bad, esp. that he has a powerful dark wizard at his disposal, could cost our beloved scoobies all dearly! I'm really worried what Doc's role is in Damien's plan. That Catherine doesn't seem to be ok with the plan to turn the world into some copy of a hell dimension to make Glory feel more at home gives me a sliver of hope, though. Maybe she will somehow interfere?

Tara's dream of an emotionally dead Willow preparing herself as a torture victim and going with Damien like a lamb to slaughter was very disturbing. Now I'm just praying they find a way to stop Damien and his minions and save all the abducted people without getting hurt physically or tainting their conscience with killing a human.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I also missed reading about your loss- I am so so sorry. Be well.

Post subject: Feedback Replies - Status of Update
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
First and foremost, I'd like to thank you all for your kind words. :love

shirrey wrote:
God, poor Tara! She has had enough trauma and is enough of an empath in her own right to be carrying Erynn's too. But she does need to talk to Willow and Willow's anger and frustration is warranted. Everything is spiralling. Great work as always!

It's all coming to a head. Pressure is mounting, we're approaching the denouement. Hang onto your hat! (Or, strap on your tuque - as we say here :laugh)

Artemis wrote:
Great writing, and also :cry as usual. Even aside from the material threats and supernatural goings-on (which are plenty threatening by themselves) it's just so gut-wrenching to follow along with Willow and Tara trying to deal with the sadness and pain they're experiencing. And it deconstructs the old 'hurt/comfort' cliche, because they're written too real to drop into convenient roles like that - even though Tara's got the obvious 'hurt' of having all those memories dumped on her, they're both hurt (I mean, how could Willow not be, when Tara is), and at the same time both struggling to heal some of that pain - not without some progress, but it's an uphill battle for both of them, and neither have the security of the story giving them easy options. As a reader I know things will work out in the end, but the writing is too convincing and vivid to just stay in that comfortable 'observing the story' mindset - there's a real sense of the place W/T are now, where it's difficult to escape the fear that all of what's going on is just too much.

If you feel more than like a simple voyeur, watching these two women go through a really difficult experience, then I feel I've done what I'd set out to do. I don't want to go as far as to say there's a 'moral' to this story. It's not so patronizing an idea... What I do want, though, is for the reader to feel like they can relate with most sides portrayed. (With some exceptions, of course.) Thus, making any possible outcome understandable and worthy of, dare I say... compassion.

There's good reason for my ratcheting up Tara's turmoil and pressures she faces. Being she was repressed in a major way for most of her life, to be able to break through that control takes more than a passing worry, I would think. That's where we're heading... Willow has control issues that we all know too well. What if I were to tell you, so does Tara? In a completely different way... Anyway, I'll leave that there. :wink

Artemis wrote:
that dream was just... that's proper horror material, where it's not actually showing a la slasher gore or that kind of thing, but putting a harrowing idea in your mind where you can't get away from it

The blatant depictions of Damien's behavior, few as they were, along with the memory flashbacks I think have a lot to do with the success of this short dream sequence in setting the tone. After all we've read about Damien, directly or not, I could have just typed: Willow, apathetic, collar. It would've still sent shivers down my spine. I quickly realized I didn't need to say much... and I'm grateful for that, I must say.

Artemis wrote:
this is really, really riveting, very powerful, and totally true to character.

I am sooooooo thrilled!! :grin :love

Will's redemption wrote:
As you warned the last chapter has an angsty feel. I'm really sorry that Erynn managed to rock Damien's smugness only for a short time - now that her pendant is once again useless her situation really seems hopeless...

All is not what it seems. :wink

Will's redemption wrote:
What a pity that Spike chooses to be an arsehole in this chapter. Pushing Xander's buttons and bullying Tara is vexing enough, but withholding vital information regarding the big bad, esp. that he has a powerful dark wizard at his disposal, could cost our beloved scoobies all dearly!

Although he's a romantic - whether it be William or Spike, in their own ways - he's still a blood sucking fiend. Everything he does, even when he loves, it's in a selfish way. He's self-serving and opportunistic. Honorable to a point, and absolutely passionate about his unlife. Xander and him don't get along, have never really gotten along. Xander feels protective of Buffy and, Spike thinks Xander is pitiful and pathetic. As for Spike not saying anything about Doc... well, self-preservation plays a part. As well as trying to look good to Buffy...

Oh, and for Spike - the way he talked with Tara was out of a twisted sense of humor more than wanting to bully her. He doesn't really get it; like when someone's being made fun of for being squeamish at sharing a straw. He really doesn't get why Damien just can't be killed, either...

Will's redemption wrote:
I'm really worried what Doc's role is in Damien's plan. That Catherine doesn't seem to be ok with the plan to turn the world into some copy of a hell dimension to make Glory feel more at home gives me a sliver of hope, though. Maybe she will somehow interfere?

Doc is meant to be the hand behind the curtain, so to speak. The malevolent force you can't help but feel weighing you down. His role is coming up soon, hang onto your hats folks!

Will's redemption wrote:
Tara's dream of an emotionally dead Willow preparing herself as a torture victim and going with Damien like a lamb to slaughter was very disturbing. Now I'm just praying they find a way to stop Damien and his minions and save all the abducted people without getting hurt physically or tainting their conscience with killing a human.

You and me both... I'm still not decided on an ending! I have a few in mind...

Thank you all, for your wonderful thoughts and feedback! :love

Update Status

The next update is half-way written. Once done, there will be a day or two of revision time. So, I would say I can have it posted in a week or so!

Thank you for taking this journey with me! I really appreciate your support throughout this, my first endeavor!! :love

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Come back!!!! (and hope everything is ok)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:47 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Enviado desde mi SM-G532M mediante Tapatalk