The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: March Fic Challenge: The Ice Cream Challenge
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:52 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
JAK -
Quote:
I loved the way you caught the essence of W&T. ... And Willow calling Tara out when she was trying to get away with dismissing her fears as vanity was great - it got to the heart of their interactions I think. That they know each other so well and are so familiar with each other...

Thank you! I always second-guess myself a bit so it's nice to know my intentions came through in the end. :)

Adding to my initial reaction to your impeccable story - like thespian_phryne I definitely caught a wonderful whiff of Pratchett in your world-building. Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from such fine source material (goodness knows I do the same with my "Giles as Jeeves" homage to Wodehouse). You captured the style beautifully. Frankly, I'm jealous (but in the best way). Your way with words is immense and admirable! Brava!

delayne -
Quote:
I’m happy you are back on the board, happy for you to inspire me, and happy to call you my friend.
Massive DITTO, my friend!!

drlloyd - Apologies I'm tucking my FB for your lovely vignette here in my reply post. But, I know you know that I've already told you how much I enjoyed your story. Short but sweet. I really liked the premise and how you treated like an interview, but didn't give us all the answers. You really captured the feeling of what it's like to meet a hero in person, but have to suppress the urge to 'go gaga' in order to remain professional and calm.It felt like a journalist's private notes. Not the actual column. Far more personal and intimate. Good stuff, mate.

thespian_phryne-
Quote:
I see what you did there - Downtown stop, indeed. So much for keeping it family-friendly. enh eh?

:grin :devil Hee Hee Hee

Ok, actually, true story, I didn't even realize I'd written an innuendo until after I'd finished the entire piece and was proof-reading. I almost changed it to make it less heavy handed... but then let it be, deciding that if my brain had cooked it up without me looking, it deserved to stay. I'm really rather proud of it now. :flirt

And now to start work on the next challenge! Looks like Chris has a head-start... and me without even a premise! Yipes!

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever