The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 18 - 03/16/1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:37 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Wow...I'm sorry I wasn't around to answer the question about the bases!

Soooooo much has happened.

Instead of posting feedback on every update, I'll just jot down some random thoughts.

I can honestly say that this is an Original story and I love it.

You know me. So, no point in lying.

I was a little worried about Miri...lol

But, after reading your notes, I have put away my Dead pool guesses until the next story.

So, Kajun was right?.....Very cool.

Two Tara's?....YOWSA!

Okay, one Tara and her radiant sister. I got a big kick out of Willow noticing their " similarities".

After reading so many stories about Tara's dad being an absolute BASTARD, even though you haven't stated that was the case in this fic, it's kinda hard not to be happy that they MIGHT not be linked genetically.

Papple sounds yummy!

Quote:
“Maybe but Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. You were the one who did. Actually, you’re right. We shouldn’t skip the teasing. It’s fun.”

I love finding these little Easter Eggs in your stories!

Quote:
“Ohhh – God Yes – I mean no - I… didn’t want to put words in your mouth. Other things, but not words.”

No place to go from here, except maybe a cold shower! :drool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:53 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow finally getting to enjoy Tara's nymph-yness...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:09 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Hey all. Thank you.

Azirahael - It's my great regret that I can't remember the real title of the lecture I saw being promoted at a university some years after I'd graduated. But it wasn't a million miles from the one you highlighted!

Smut and fun go together really easily. Sometimes the danger is losing the thread of one or the other though, so I'm pleased if that did not happen!

Hard to top it? Oh... Nineteen though ;)

TBF probably doesn't top it. But it does continue it LOL

Thanks

Grimm - Hey! Not to too late to answer the bases question LOL

Miri really doesn't die. Not until the very end. When the truck bursts through the walls of this reality for no reason and -

Wait.

Miri doesn't die :)

Is deadpooling like car pooling?

Tara's sister - Willow is just using observation to confirm her hypothesis. Observation of know... similarities.

Tara's Dad - See I never said he was 'bad' in this because really it makes so sense for him to be. One, Tara's Mom could go back here when she wanted but chose to stay with him. Two - the 'family' fear of magic etc makes no real sense in this world... So, I don't see why he can't be a good guy. But just offscreen.

And yeah, I do like to slip easter eggs in there :)

Didn't say WHERE I was slipping my egg...

Thanks!

Zampsa - Thanks to you too. Glad you enjoyed Willow's appreciation :)

Next part will post later today. And - um - yes... it continues the sexytimes... cos you have been very patient. And so have they :)

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 19 - 03/19/15
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Nineteen
Author: Katharyn Rosser
Feedback: Absolutely, yes please. That’s why I write for this place, to engage in the discussion about the story.
Spoiler warning: Not sure why I am bothering, really, but nothing much apart from the episode ‘Hush’ in S4. And let’s face it, if you’ve not seen that then… what are you doing here?
Distribution: This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens and the Kitten Board please. No conversion to eBook or other formats please. Enjoy it here.
Story notes: Tara’s background is different to that presented in Family and instead based on a throwaway remark made in interviews around the time Family first aired. (Though I now realise not the precisely terminology used there)
Summary: You didn’t think I was going to leave it there did you? With these girls? Umm, no.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc. I am making no money from this series of stories however all original characters and situations remain my property. As this is a missing scenes and alternate reality fiction lots of scenes are new versions of those seen in the show, as such dialogue and situations are taken from the show. I’m sure you can tell which. All credit for those aspects goes to the original writers.
The title ‘The Blessed Unrest’ came from and belongs to Sara Bareilles from the album of the same name.
Rating: Occasional, tasteful, adult situations and contextual bad language. However by and large equivalent to the show.
Couples: Tara and Willow forever, that’s all I’m bothered about.
Text convention: Use of italics denotes either special emphasis if used for a single or a few words in a sentence OR first person thoughts if used for a whole sentence.
Notes: So… I hope the last part was – somewhat – worth the wait. That might’ve been as much tension and expectation as this fic has in it. But it was good tension. And now it’s – partly – relieved. As I am sure you are. Relieved. That the fic has gotten somewhere, of course. I wouldn’t presume anything else!
That line, I’ve been saving… It appears in the third section of this part. It’s not worth all the build-up I’ve given it, but it tickles me when I heard it in a vlog and – apparently – is absolutely true. Someone did, actually, stop and ask this question. The fact that I wanted to insert this line here is the sole reason that we even have what are now the second and third sections of this part. I added them in during redraft especially. So… yeah, bonus there 
As for Willow’s surplus of thinking in section three while Tara is in pure reflex mode in section two? Well, that’s kind of me… I do find – cough – find that I have time to think while I’m… well, you’ll know when you read it. I figure, as long as it’s not about ‘what shopping to buy’ and I’m ‘in the moment’ then that’s okay. Don’t tell me if it’s not…
Thanks to: These girls… for giving me so much over the years.

“Whooh.”

Willow sighed, finally catching her breath as she finally turned – or maybe make that ‘fell’ because the effort seemed too much once she was a little over half way – onto her back.

Tara – bless everything about her - moved up her body with more kisses. Kisses that were less passionate this time. More loving though.

They didn’t quite end up level as Tara’s head was resting just above her breasts, but eventually this was far enough up that their lips could meet and she could thank her properly for what she’d just done.

“Whooh?” her lover asked.

My lover.

I probably need to pick up the lesbian phrasebook, since I’m staying in – this – girl’s town.

“Whoot?” she tried again. ‘Whooh’ obviously wasn’t appropriate.

After all, she wanted to sound like she really did appreciate it.

And she did.

Because… whooh. Something largely based around exhaling, it was about the only sound she was capable of making right now. That had been – umm… Well, there’d been nothing else quite like it.

Not ever. Because… whooh?

“Better, ‘whoot’ is better,” Tara said, clinging to her with her face on her breast. All snuggly and lovely and long hair everywhere and -

“What - ” she managed, but it seemed like real words were too much effort too.

“What what?”

“What – No what,” she said, gathering herself and drawing on reserves of focus she never knew she had. Without them she’d have been spaced out, deliriously happy and managing no more than stroking Tara’s hair and skin. Anything else would’ve been well beyond her. “I know… I know exactly what you just did and… Oh, wow. No one – I mean, I never…”

“Never? Really?”

“I… How do I even say this? I mean – if you’d not just – well, what you just did kind of takes all the modesty out of this but – Okay, look, here it is. So I have – in the past – ‘taken care of myself’ but that’s not the same thing at all. You know?”

Tara knew. She had to know because you surely couldn’t do that so very, very well unless you knew how to… take care of yourself too. Right?

But ‘taking care of yourself’ was… it was nothing compared to that. Barely a flicker on the Richter scale compared to compared to a quake that dropped half of California into the Pacific and –

That was kind of a morbid comparison. Note to self, no more Richter scale comparisons after sex.

“I guess not,” Tara laughed and she felt the light rumble running through her since they were clinched together. “But never with…?”

“Never.” Least said the better. Especially now. And here. “Where – where did you learn… You know, to do that?”

Because – taking care of yourself or not - she was newly convinced that something that had proved so elusive must have some level of difficulty behind it. Something fiendish, otherwise… Why wasn’t everyone getting off like that?

The world would be a much, much better place if they were.

She supposed that the answer might be quite simple. Maybe because the rest of the world they didn’t have a beautiful Tara to contribute the necessary ingredient.

Or her tongue.

Or her fingers.

Or that satisfied smile. Oh yes, someone was a tiny bit pleased with herself.

And that someone wasn’t the only someone. After all, she was kind of pleased with herself too. Body hadn’t let down heart and mind. They were all in accord, Tara was certainly the one.

“Well, I just sort of followed you,” Tara said, still making her melt.

“Me?”

“You showed me the way, you told me - ”

“Sweetie, I know sometimes I say too much but - I couldn’t speak for most of that,” she said. “I couldn’t think straight for most of that, which I guess is appropriate because we’re definitely in the realms of not-at-all-straight thinking now.”

“All the same,” Tara said. “You did show me.”

“Yeah…? Well, I guess that whole butt in the air, legs spread thing - ” It’d maybe been a signpost, but only to the general area. Like Tara hadn’t known already.

That’s not what I meant,” Tara objected.

“I know,” she said, kissing away the momentary distress. “I was just teasing. It might not have been the most flattering look, but you seemed to like it.” In fact, thinking about it ought to have been mortifying but somehow after… Well, her memories were going to be a little – make that a lot - more appealing than that. “But really? I showed you what to do, huh?”

“You were… pretty obvious about it.”

“Well, excuse me,” she teased. “I certainly didn’t mean to be obvious.”

“I’ll overlook it,” Tara agreed. “Just this once.”

“At least until you know what I like without having to be shown? Hmm?”

“At least until then.”

“Because it really was all for your benefit,” she said. Yeah, that was exactly it. She’d been doing Tara a favour by having by far the strongest, most complete orgasm she’d ever had in her life and letting her take her there.

Didn’t do a thing for me. It was all for you, lover. Yeah, right.

“I could tell,” Tara was just loving this and had barely stumbled over a word since… well, since all the words had been taken away. Must be what confidence did for you. And this girl had good reasons to be confident.

Really, really good.

Anyone who could do that to her? On demand? Oh… my.

See, here was the thing, she’d have wanted to be with Tara based on their spiritual and emotional connection. It was just – perfect. But add this in? Ohhh… boy. Isn’t really the thing to say about that.

“I thought to myself, you know, during - ” Tara continued, “- I thought, she’s just making sure I know what to do.”

“I’m ever the giver,” she joked as a not very idle thought slipped into her head. There had been times, here and there, she’d worried about… well, being good. For Tara. Dealing with unfamiliar territory, somewhat different needs and – well, just being good generally.

That probably wouldn’t have surprised her lover – yup, still my lover! – who knew her well enough by now. But all of this gave her an idea.

Not a complicated idea.

Probably not one that would surprise Tara.

But a really, really good one.

I hope. I hope that after that I don’t… No. Everything else for us has just slipped into place – and what places they’ve slipped into – so… Surely this will too?

“Do you think you’d be as giving?” she wondered, trying to keep it casual. “Maybe?”

It seemed like the sort of thing you should ask about, at least the first time. Not just making the assumption that reciprocation was required or in order at that very moment.

You know, until she knew these things just by looking. Touching. Hearing. Tasting… Whatever that other sense was because… She smells so good.

“You mean…?” Tara’s gesture was in a generally downward direction. And yes, that was exactly what she meant. Because it felt like a big thing. It felt like something she should do and – after how Tara had made her feel – it was something she really, really wanted.

Especially now it seemed there might be a cliff notes approach to ‘getting it right.’ Tara herself being the cliff notes.

I can pay attention. I’m good at paying attention.

Really good.

“Uhuh.”

“You don’t have to – We can - ”

She rolled out from under the other girl, looking Tara in the eyes. Making sure she really understood. That she had no doubts at all.

“Tara – look at me. Can’t you see I want to. I want to try – anyway, and – I think I can be good. For you. You know – if you… help me out by making sure I know what you want?”

“Really? You think this could be good?” Even now with the gentle teasing. Well, missy, the teasing will be on the other foot – or maybe the tip of my tongue – in a few moments. Not foot. Definitely not foot.

And there, in those beautiful eyes, was a look she’d not even seen in the build up to what had happened. So that’s what real, genuine, lust looks like on Tara. I thought I already knew, but… look at her now.

And I thought she was sexy before… Good grief.

She even has hidden depths of sexiness.

And then she realised… I can’t wait to delve into them.

“Very really good.”

In terms of being helped and guided, she tended to think the hand on her shoulder and then the top of her head, gently pushing her down the bed, was a good first step.

--------------------------

Willow’s kisses were more delicately applied down there than anywhere else she’d kissed in the last several weeks.

And – whatever the reasons, even if she had an incomplete idea what she effect she was having – it was all the more maddening for it. Especially since every touch of this woman carried that extra, magic induced, sensation. Yes, it applied down there too.

It wasn’t like anything… But it wasn’t quite there either.

Around and abouts. Around and around. Never – quite – getting where she wanted and needed her new lover to go.

Close. So very, very close.

And was it nerves? Was it unfamiliarity with the… terrain?

Or was it a game? A tease…

There was no way Willow wouldn’t go there. Was there? If there was one other thing she’d figured out about Willow by now it was the need to not only get anything right but to score high – even top – marks. It was fairly obvious what that was going to have to involve.

She’d get there but… soon.

Please let it be soon.

She found herself groaning as those kisses moved to the inside of her other thigh. Again. Part appreciation. Part frustration.

Then up, higher, in the tight triangle of hair. Nuzzling. Kissing. Some tentative licking. Like whether it was a kiss, a lick or a nuzzle meant anything when you were down there. The only thing it meant was how it would – feel!

In reflex her hips went upwards – seeking the contact she needed.

And Willow had anticipated it. Not only moved up and away used her hands to push – hold – those hips down.

Delicious counterpoint but –

She groaned again. “Willow - Please!”

And then… words didn’t matter. Her head and eyes rolled backwards as the rest of her body arched. All she could see was the trees outside and those only until her eyes closed tightly.

Willow was – finally – getting it right.

This, she thought, is cunnilingus.

An ugly word given new beauty in the damp folds of Tara’s… What was the appropriate term? Pussy? Vagina? Cunny?

Cunny… Since I am, right now, performing cunnilingus, that seems circumstantially fitting.

On the other hand, I am also ‘eating pussy’.

Area? Maybe it needs to be a nice neutral term. For now.

Tara probably doesn’t want to answer that question. Not right now.

It was an unusual state… she found – as she was doing her very best to give Tara as much pleasure as her tingly body had recently received – she had time to think.

And worry.

Am I doing this right?

What had started off as teasing had quickly morphed into a little uncertainty and lingering around the… area. No question that she wanted to and she knew – theoretically – what ought to feel good.

But that was theory and… to be honest, she’d never been this up close and personal with her own… area. Not even in a mirror. And so while Tara had very clearly showed her what felt – very, very – good, doing the same thing was not only a challenge but when she tried it was pretty obvious that they weren’t quite the same person.

Maybe no one was…

What set her off, only took Tara so far and led to moans of frustration that she’d listened to and set off in another route to the same direction.

But I have to learn, because there’ll never need to be anyone else to compare to. Just her. Only ever her.

It was that, particular thought that had – finally – given her the courage to go where she knew she should. Must, even. First dipping her tongue in between Tara’s lips and then sliding upwards, tracing them until she found… yeah, that must be it.

Right?

The arch, the moan? Those both said ‘yes’ in very forceful ways.

And it seemed like –

But after a while there… what if it’s not?

Lifting her head, she paused her movements. “Baby, is my tongue even on it?”

Tara didn’t bother with an answer, she just wrapped both hands in her hair and put her face right back where it’d been.

No, not ‘put’.

Shoved.

With urgency.

That’d be another ‘yes’ then.

Oh yes, it was going to be HIGH MARKS.

Naked Willow is wrapped around me.

Of course the reverse was also true. She was also wrapped around naked Willow. It might easily be the definition of ‘entwined’. It seemed impossible they could’ve slept that way for long and very likely that things should’ve gotten uncomfortable and trapped and pins and needles… But… no.

Evidence to the contrary and all. They were perfectly comfortable.

Last night seemed like a dream in many ways. And if it had been - if she’d imagined all of what had happened to them - then this morning might’ve been a nightmarish time to realise that but…

No.

It was all real.

She felt it. She felt it with her whole body. Inside and out. Her heart. Her head. The hickies Willow had given her in the most interesting places. The delicious – and light – bruising when enthusiasm and desire had overcome propriety.

Had she…?

She looked up, seeing the marks her nails had made in the low branch above the bed while she’d been supporting herself and sat…

Oh my.

In the last weeks she’d often fantasised about how that final step with Willow might happen. What it might involve. But… she’d never fantasised that.

Or done that before…

Or been done like that before.

Willow Rosenberg was certainly an enthusiastic perfectionist. And if not everything had come off then that was perhaps more about the perfectionism as the enthusiasm.

And… it was plain that Willow also had a dirty mind. Outside of the simply verbal. Just a dirty mind. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.

Dirty was good, apparently.

Grow up knowing you like girls and dealing with hormones and repressed desires and all of that and – sure – you were going to have some dirty thoughts here and there… Willow – only aware of this new area of her sexuality for a few weeks – had evidently made up for lost time. Very quickly too.

And if anatomy and the facts about connecting real bodies had frustrated some of those fantastic thoughts, the process of discovering that had definitely had some value too. Not all pleasure was about orgasm, she was sure that they both understood that now. The simple intimacy of this moment, naked together was… It would’ve been all she needed. But not, now, all she wanted.

But if forced and pressured to name a part of last night she’d cherish forever then it would be once Willow had stopped trying so hard. It’d taken an orgasm – hers - to get there. That wasn’t anything but a good thing, but after that Willow had relaxed. Apparently reassured that there was nothing to be afraid of.

Point of fact, they’d both relaxed. Just for differently timed reasons.

The levels of passion had perhaps dropped after that first balancing of the scales, but the love had been even more evident. Gentler. More teasing without being as frustrating. More complete. It had been like been in bed with a different Willow but she loved them both. There was a place for both in her heart as well as in her bed.

The passionate, competitive one had only come back after Willow came back from between her legs and declared herself the night’s nominal ‘winner.’ Two to one, because she’d not really stopped after the first time.

Naturally she’d not let that stand, showing Willow another trick to even the score. Lying there, together. Kissing and teasing… The leveller almost seemed to take Willow by surprise even though it was the most obvious thing.

The last thing she remembered saying – after ‘I love you’ – was to mention the score.

Around them now were arrayed the morning greeting. The birds and tree climbing mammals. Or many of them. Preparing for the sun to creep up and to greet them and the day.

“No,” she said. “Not today. Not this morning. I want to stay here, with her. Please?”

And they looked at each other and… just left.

Though she was pretty sure that one of the crows had looked at her, looked at Willow and then winked.

Could crows wink?

That one certainly had.

And then it had left them alone too.

“Tara! Willow!” Miri cried. “You are finally mated!”

They walked down to the pool later than usual. For some reason they’d been allowed to sleep in by the dawn chorus. Maybe her girl had something to do with that. Maybe the birds and the critters had known a good thing when they’d seen it and not spoiled it.

Now, hand in hand, there was no hiding it from their friend either.

Were they really that obvious?

“Yes, Miri, I suppose we are,” she replied, squeezing Tara’s hand.

Somehow Miri’s observation – about mating - didn’t seem so… ‘blunt’ now that they actually were. In fact, it seemed like very much a good thing.

“I hope you enjoyed it.”

Neither of them said anything. Miri hadn’t phrased it as a question, but clearly from the way she was looking from one to the other of them she was hoping for one anyway.

And yes, eventually, she broke and grinned. Because ‘enjoyment’ was the new word that went with ‘Tara’ and – indeed – ‘mated’.

“I knew it!” Miri said, zipping up into the canopy and diving back down at them fast enough that they both winced and jumped out of the way. Even though Miri recovered as she always did to land perfectly just before them. Flying was as natural – more natural perhaps – than walking. She was an expert. “I told you it would be enjoyable and you should just do it.”

She turned, looked at Tara. Tara had doubts about that?

Except Tara was looking at her the same way. And probably with more cause.

“Miri…”

The laughter announced that it was a joke. Miri was very proud of herself for making it too. Just look at that grin.

“A good trick! Yes?”

“Yes, I suppose it was.”

“You are both right now,” Miri said.

“Right?” she asked, confused.

“Your… what was the word? Energy?”

“Ohh…” Yes. What Niamh had been talking about. The energy flow that wasn’t quite right because… Well, now it was supposed to be and… Seemed like it was.

And a night of passion with Tara was what it took? Shuddering orgasms and cries of pleasure that – anywhere else – she’d never have managed to muffle and here she didn’t have to? Twice?

Funny, much as she’d appreciated the process and the end result of that energy, finding out the flow was ‘right’ now was the least-best news she’d had in the last few hours.

Ranking somewhere below defining a ‘home run’.

Yeah, that was something she needed to tell Tara was all cleared up with no need to worry about it anymore.

After all, she might’ve been worried about it too.

---------------------------

“Really? A homerun? What is this? High school?”

“I know it’s not the best way of putting it,” Willow replied, seeming to regret her choice now that she’d mentioned it. “Or anywhere near doing the actual experience justice but… I definitely get it. I got it more ways than one – that thing you did with your fingers after – how did you know? I mean, it’s mine and I never knew it was there - ”

“What’s a homerun?” Miri asked.

“That is the question,” Willow told the girl.

“Yes, it is.”

“I mean – it was the question. It’s a sports metaphor.”

“Sport?” Miri asked.

“Games,” she supplied. Was Willow really going to explain this to Miri? On the other hand she was so proud of herself (with deliciously good reason) that it was perfectly understandable why she might feel a little like boasting with the one other person here who wasn’t anyone’s sister.

Less awkward that way. Though, Miri in the role of curious youngster wasn’t – perhaps – the best choice to get too detailed with.

“Oh. And what’s a meta-phor?”

“Saying one thing that means another,” she suggested and Willow nodded. It was as good explanation as either of them could think of.

“Why would you do that? Why not say what you mean?”

“Because,” she said, hoping to get this across, “talking about ‘mating’ isn’t polite where we come from.”

“And pretending you aren’t is?” Miri checked.

They both nodded, much to the girl’s confusion.

“So… homerun?”

“It’s part of winning the game,” Willow said with a grin.

“You won, Willow?”

“We both won,” she said, wondering why she was so firm about that. It was just giving Miri even more information she didn’t need. But then she was self-aware enough to realise that – for slightly different reasons – she was still just as proud as Willow.

It was just that she could take her pride and keep it largely to herself. Internalised.

Unlike the girl she happened to love who was so ridiculously competitive she’d wanted already talked about wanting to set up spreadsheets for counting… Well, orgasms. Who. When. Where. There’d even been talk of quality scores too.

As if she was going to go along with that idea! Grading on a scale – or even worse a curve…? Just no.

If there was anything she wanted to change – or at least curb – about Willow, that was probably it. That wasn’t bad. Was it? Love her as she is, but do without the spreadsheets. That’s all.

It least ones about intimate things…

“How could you both win a game?” Miri asked.

“Willow would love to explain it,” she said.

Realising then she’d done something wrong, Willow was obviously thinking on her feet. “Umm – uh – well – I guess – Tara may have won the actual, physical activity part whereas I won the knowledge part, because I learned much more than she did.”

Really? Well, perhaps so… But still no spreadsheets, baby.

Miri was looking at her, waiting for her to confirm it. “That must be it,” she agreed easily enough. After last night, she was in the mood to be very gracious. And it might last a while yet.

“What did you learn, Willow?” Miri asked.

And… there was no way not to answer her. Miri lived for sharing what she knew. Showing them things, asking questions. It was all the same to her.

And she would just keep asking. And asking.

Someone would have to tell her something. But she wasn’t sure that person should be Willow. Not right now, not still feeling this good about it all. Not with all that hormone fuelled enthusiasm. Yes, she felt good too – but she had a little more perspective on it than Willow did.

It wasn’t quite so shiny and new. She hadn’t proven as much to herself last night. That was certainly going to be an additional buzz for the girl she loved. What with her nature and all.

“I guess I learned that… it’s not the winning, it’s the taking part,” Willow said, finally getting it.

----------------------------

“It’s really all about the winning,” she said to Tara once they were alone again. “What? Don’t look at me like that! It is! I’m the most winningest person who ever won anything.”

“No spreadsheets,” Tara said, with just a whiff of impatience about her.

“Oh no. Not at all.” She had been hoping Tara might relent on that but… fine. She was good at remembering numbers anyway. They could have… each other quite a lot before she’d lose track. In fact, that would be a bit of a milestone. So many orgasms like that I can’t remember them all. Yes please! “I meant… Well, what I meant was that I feel like I won… you.”

“You already had me, love.”

“I know but… I won more of you. All of you, kind of. And learning the rules of the game has probably never been so much fun.”

Tara’s eyebrows just said ‘Really’?

“I mean it, sweetie. I really do. I - in hindsight I’m not even sure what the mystery was.”

Tara shook her head. “The mystery was only ever in your head, Willow.”

“I just asked about the bases, so excuse me for being curious,” she said.

“Okay. You’re excused.” Tara was deadpan girl.

“No – Well, okay. But I don’t know why I was confused. I should’ve been looking at third and not second. We were at third way before I thought we were – I mean, we were doing a lot of the kissage that was… well, third-worthy. Then fourth was anything beyond that – I’m not sure why I was ever mystified.

“In fact I’m mystified why I was mystified.”

“All clear now though?” Tara asked.

“Oh, I think so. After all, what does a girl expect when she’s into another girl?”

“Umm, boobs?” Tara suggested.

“No – well, yes. But licking might involved? Why didn’t I think - ? It’s not like I didn’t understand it. I just… had it in the wrong base. And that thing you did with your finger.”

“Fingers,” Tara said, stressing the plural.

“Really? Two?”

Silence.

“Two?” she repeated.

Tara shook her head.

“Really?” She held up three fingers rather than saying it and then realised that – at this point in her life – that might be considered an obscene gesture. And… what was it that the girl scouts… No. No. Not going there.

Tara nodded at the three, blushing. Just a little.

They were both blushing. After all, she distinctly remembered asking for… Oh. Yes that word had slipped out there. ‘More’…

Geometry was her friend at a moment like this. Trying to imagine…

“Our diamond, isn’t a diamond is it?” she asked, coughing her way past the moment of awkwardness. Somehow geometry wasn’t helping calm the heated memories because she was also considering all sorts of future possibilities in a geometric context. Three? Wow… and she’d thought she still had several fingers to go when it turned out… Really, not something to think about now.

“Diamond?”

“Baseball.”

Tara just looked confused, which probably wasn’t a good sign for the rest of the metaphor. But hey… better that than talking about the obscenity of the Girl Scout salute.

Damn… I have to stop thinking about it that way. How will I buy cookies again? And I like the cookies…

“It’s not a diamond?”

“Well… no. It’s like it starts off as three points leading to a fourth but the fourth is actually a whole series of different points, any one of which would be fourth. So… that’s more like your theoretical geometric shapes. You know, the kind that exist in additional dimensions?”

Tara, plainly, didn’t know. In fact, she was looking even more confused.

Way to go Rosenberg. You’re still buzzing from delicious orgasms. You have a hot girlfriend who shows you a – VERY – good time and then all you can do is start with sports metaphors and then slide on into… Slide – Umm, slide on over to theoretical geometry.

Really should’ve stuck with trying to get her to budge on the spreadsheet.

“I know,” she said. “I know. I need to stop thinking - ”

Tara’s lips pulling on hers did help.

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 19 - 03/19/1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:40 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Willow's overactive mind soon quiets down about Tara-loving... I liked that Tara asked the animals not to sing and wake up extremely embarrassed Willow...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
OMG!

I can sooo relate!

I've asked that question: 'Am i doing it right?'

It takes a while to relax and just go with the flow.
Heh.

And while i've never gone as far as a spreadsheet, there's nothing wrong with keeping count :P

Suddenly, i feel more relaxed.
Er, that could be because i read this in bed.

Mmm, happy now.

So i'm glad that the girls got the tension out of the way, and can now just relax a little more.
They now have the leisure to explore both the world, and their relationship. :dumbo

I just wanted to use the Dumbo smiley. No reason.

I look forward to seeing what comes next :bounce

R :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:59 am 
23. Volumey Text

Zampsa - Thank you - as ever!

I am sure Willow will settle down once she gets into a routine. And as for the animals, I thought it was only polite. And Tara is, as we know, nothing if not polite :)

Azirahael - As I said in the notes, I can't claim credit for the 'Am I doing it right' line. It's one I never personally uttered (which is not to say I WAS doing it right, just that I didn't ask... at least not at the time!) And as I said to Zampsa, Willow will soon find the flow I'm sure :)

You just know though that Willow would have a spreadsheet. With conditional formatting. What is green, amber and red could cause arguments. Maybe need to use green, blue and some other neutral colour LOL. See, I am channeling her right now!

And yes, they absolutely will explore... It's a big part of the coming parts.

Thanks

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 20 - 03/22/15
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:01 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty
Feedback: Absolutely, yes please. That’s why I write for this place, to engage in the discussion about the story.
Spoiler warning: Not sure why I am bothering, really, but nothing much apart from the episode ‘Hush’ in S4. And let’s face it, if you’ve not seen that then… what are you doing here?
Distribution: This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens and the Kitten Board please. No conversion to eBook or other formats please. Enjoy it here.
Story notes: Tara’s background is different to that presented in Family and instead based on a throwaway remark made in interviews around the time Family first aired. (Though I now realise not the precisely terminology used there)
Summary: Niamh teaches Tara a new trick. No, not that kind of trick. Sheesh, get your mind out of the bedroom will you.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc. I am making no money from this series of stories however all original characters and situations remain my property. As this is a missing scenes and alternate reality fiction lots of scenes are new versions of those seen in the show, as such dialogue and situations are taken from the show. I’m sure you can tell which. All credit for those aspects goes to the original writers.
The title ‘The Blessed Unrest’ came from and belongs to Sara Bareilles from the album of the same name.
Rating: Occasional, tasteful, adult situations and contextual bad language. However by and large equivalent to the show.
Text convention: Use of italics denotes either special emphasis if used for a single or a few words in a sentence OR first person thoughts if used for a whole sentence.
Notes: This is a slightly shorter part, just because of how things fit together and how much you had in the last two. But I wanted to – now we’ve got the long awaited homerun out of the way – get back to some of the things that make the location special. Back to Tara’s newly discovered heritage. It can’t all be shiny new girlfriend and what they’ll be doing together when they’re alone. No, really, it can’t be that. I’m serious. I have to make some sort of attempt at world-building.
And since the story came from being the throwaway possibility that Tara was a wood nymph/sprite. Well, it’s time to get wood-y. And no. Not that way.
Thanks to: All of you who waited so patiently and – presumably – came back after.

“I did not see you yesterday, Tara,” Niamh said very seriously. Seriously enough that she worried whether she’d missed something important.

Not that Niamh had said anything about it front… Had she? Everything was in a scramble of wonderfulness. Had she forgotten something?

“No – sorry - ”

“Or the day before.”

“Yes - I know – it was - ”

“Or the day before that.”

And then she got it.

“It was – You’ve seen Miri, haven’t you? Talked to her?” she asked, realising she was being teased by her sister.

“Oh, you misunderstand. As usual, Miri sought me out. She was very keen to explain the circumstances,” Niamh said. “And she said we should go see for ourselves, but I told her that wasn’t the right thing to do. But three days and nights? I have to admit to being a little impressed.”

“No – we - ”

“Is it always like that where you come from?” Niamh asked, eyes sparkling. Ah, I’m being teased again.

“Is that what Miri thinks?”

“At her age, she’s understandably quite literal.”

“She’s only young,” she sighed, recognising it in their smaller friend.

Niamh laughed. “But her own standards, yes. But she was as she appears now when you and I were not even thought about.”

“What – really?”

“Her people have much longer lives than such as we. Within a few years of hatching they’re out in the world, doing… what they do. She will remain so until she’s old enough to move onto the next part of her life.”

“Hatched?”

“Winged creatures come from eggs, is it not the same for your world?”

“I… guess. Except bats. Willow would want me to say except bats. She’s…” She lapsed into a wide smile and it caused Niamh to adopt the same expression. It was a little like looking in a mirror after all.

“Willow’s good for you, Tara,” Niamh said. “Miri knows it too. Even if she overestimates your stamina.”

“She… really thinks we’ve been doing it for three days?” It had been three days that had involved quite a lot of meeting Miri’s assumptions. But not constantly because… Ow. Probably. Things were going to start chafing that really shouldn’t. Right?

Because… even if you added variety – and then had – then there was only a certain amount…

Right?

I never want to find out about that.

“She… doesn’t understand except that it has made you happy. The new thing – in her eyes – is that you are mated. Naturally she assumes mating makes you happy. And she’s not wrong, is she?”

“You can see it, can’t you?” she asked, resigned to the truth.

“Can’t you?”

“I meant really see – but I suppose I can.” Knowing it was one thing. But yes, looking at Willow – as she did as often as she got the chance – she could see it too. She’d have said – and thought – Willow was happy before they established ‘weird geometry’ (which they’d apparently done) but adding that in too? It was just happiness plus.

Happiness plus pleasure.

Double plus pleasure.

And more happiness on top of that.

With love all the way through.

And a cherry on top.

Oh. Something else not to say to Willow for fear of the wordplay to follow. Fear? No, not exactly. Gentle teasing… But that had a whole new meaning.

“Yes, I mean really see it,” Niamh explained. “You look at her and see it radiating from her. Her energy was already completed by you, but now it flows.”

“How… do you know? You haven’t see Willow - ”

“Because I see it in you, sister and the two of you are as one.”

“Oh.” Somehow, that couldn’t make her unhappy.

“Now, I think, you are finally balanced.”

“I didn’t know – I didn’t think I was unbalanced before.” Really? All balance needed on top of love was orgasms? That didn’t sound very wood-nymphy.

“No, Tara, you were incomplete. There was a piece of you that was always with her, even before you knew it or met each other. Its absence was always interfering with who you are.”

That almost sounded like that fate thing again. With less of the connotations. “Who am I?”

“You are Tara.”

“Oh. Good, I guess. I wouldn’t want to be anyone else. At least not now.”

“Perhaps a better question would have been ‘who is Tara?’”

“And who is Tara?” she asked, feeling silly for even asking. After all, that wasn’t the sort of thing a sane person asked, was it? And she was the real expert on Tara-ness. No one had more experience at it than she did.

“Tara is my sister. Now, come.”

Willow would’ve even found a dirty joke there, based on their experience with that command, but Niamh didn’t know so…

She started to follow, even though she had no idea what Niamh had in mind. It couldn’t be far because whatever it was because they were heading away from the stables and Niamh preferred to ride than walk. But they were heading into the forests that lay around the ‘campus’. Miri had never taken them out in this particular direction to see anything either, so… it was all new.

“Where – where are we going?” she asked eventually when they were well outside the boundaries of anything even pretending to be the ‘campus’.

“Into the woods,” Niamh replied, but… she’d also entirely vanished.

It had sounded like she was right here but –

Looking around and around, she realised her sister just… wasn’t.

“Niamh?”

“Tara?”

The voice was… to her left? But Niamh wasn’t. Trees, yeah. Bushes, definitely. Critters, for sure. Niamh? No.

“Where are you?” she asked, still turning around and around. But… nothing.

“I’m right here,” Niamh said. “No – a little to your left. More. Yes, here…”

Even guided like that, at first she couldn’t see the source of the voice and assumed Niamh was behind one of the larger trees except… she wasn’t. So she looked again and realised that her sister was camouflaged.

No. That wasn’t it either. Camouflaged was a totally inadequate description. Camouflaged was what the marines did.

Her sister wasn’t coloured the same as the tree she was stood in front of it. She was… part of it.

Reaching out, she ran her fingers over what should’ve been Niamh’s arm and found it was instead bark. Clothing was moss. Her features were shapes in the wood and only her eyes were alive in the same way that she had been a moment before. And when Niamh closed them, there was no sign of her.

None at all.

Just a shape in the wood and you’d see hundreds in the trees around them, if you went looking for them – which gave her an idea…

Oh no.

They couldn’t be…

Could they?

“Niamh?”

The rest of Niamh’s face came to life, lips moving. Soft and almost human again – except Niamh wasn’t human and neither was she.

This was a lesson. Not just something to see.

“I doubt your Willow would appreciate where you’ve rested your hand,” Niamh joked and Tara realised that she was leaning on a knot of wood that would’ve been her... She snatched her hand back and –

“Sorry.”

“I will explain it to her so you don’t have to.”

“You’re my sister,” she said. It was all the explanation she really needed. But it was also an acknowledgement of what Niamh seemed to want her to know. That this was her heritage. If she wanted it.

At least part of it.

“Is it dangerous?” she asked considering what she was silently being asked to consider.

“Even the youngest child can master it,” Niamh responded.

She shook her head. That wasn’t really good enough, even though there was a slight admonishment there. “Children can learn lots of things an adult struggles with.” She was pretty sure she’d read that. More than once.

“There’s truth in your words, and if you were alone I would advocate caution but no harm will come to you while I am here. I promise.”

This was her sister and she trusted her despite them having met not long ago, but seeing what had just happened that still wasn’t very reassuring. Despite the fact that Niamh just seemed to take a step and was free of the tree.

But… she found herself curious all the same. This was part of who Momma had been and never admitted to her. Maybe there’d been hints, some element of preparation. But – She never lied to me. She was – she must’ve been careful never to do that. But what she held back… I even get why she would, but – I wish she’d been able to tell me herself.

And I know what she’d want now.

“I trust you,” she said, offering her hand.

Niamh took it but she resisted being led and held back just for a moment. Just to get her sister’s attention.

“If you leave me stuck as a tree, now, Willow’s really not going to be happy.” And that was really understating things.

“Have no fear. She is your woman and I respect her for that. But this is your birthright..”

-----------------------------

“Come and see!” Miri was zipping on ahead of Willow, taking her deeper into the forest. Once upon a time it would’ve worried her, just a little. But by now she was happy to trust the girl, not to leave her stranded out here.

But maybe not to just forget about me if she spots something shiny.

“Shouldn’t we wait for Tara?” she asked again. Tara who could run through the forest barefoot and never get a splinter or a stubbed toe or even dirty… Not all of them were so blessed. And her guide was flying so… not paying attention to the footpath.

Miri came back and hovered right in front of her at eye level, a little exasperated. “I told you,” the girl said. “This that I have to show you is just for you, Willow.”

“But – you’re not going to leave me out here are you?”

There still didn’t seem to be anything dangerous in the forest. At least not if you were Tara, her sister or the winged girl who buzzed around. For your average red-haired Jewish girl from California, it could still be filled with bitey things. From bugs to that horse Niamh had ridden here on.

So big it could have your arm off.

Oh, and sunburn. Just to round it all off.

“How far are we going?” she asked, knowing distances didn’t mean much to Miri. Not in any consistent sense anyway.

Her answer was fairly typical. “We’re going to see!”

And so they stumbled on. Well, one of them stumbled. The other zipped around with all the aerial nimbleness she’d been born to.

Yeah, but her tongue probably can’t do what I now know mine can, so there’s that to hang onto. Score one for Sunnydale!

“Here,” Miri declared with an expansive sweep of her arms, showing her into… It didn’t even deserve the description of ‘clearing.’ It was more like an accidental space between a few larger trees, probably where there hadn’t been enough light for further saplings to prosper.

Of course, that was the explanation from a ‘real’ forest. Here… someone had probably just wished the space into existence because she could –

Someone who enjoyed aforementioned tongue skills perhaps? If this was still her part of the world.

“Umm…” Miri was perfectly capable of bringing them to see things great and small. Inconsequential and grand. But there was always… well, something there.

But not this time. There were just… trees. The sky. No animals. Bugs. Insects. The stars weren’t out and the sun was the sun… Clouds weren’t pretty. There didn’t seem to be anything here. “Why are we here?” she asked, concluding that there was – in fact – nothing going on here at all.

“We’re here to see Tara, of course!”

“But Tara’s with Niamh.”

“And here I am,” her girl’s sister said, stepping out into view.

“Don’t do that!” Willow said, shocked at the sudden appearance. Of course, Niamh was a wood-nymph. Made sense that she could be the sneaky-cat around the magic forest.

“My apologies,” Niamh bowed her head and when she raised it again she was so like Tara. Pushing her hair back. It was a physical similarity though, they were very different people. And yes, very different nymphs – which wasn’t a difference that was just down to the ears.

“So where’s Tara?”

“In front of you.”

Ducking around the same tree that Niamh must’ve been hidden behind, she quickly found out that wasn’t the case. And that started to worry her. “Is she okay?”

“She’s right here,” Niamh said. “And she’s very well. She’s embracing her heritage. As well as you.”

Darn tootin she’s embracing me. Lots of embracing.

“Niamh, where is she?”

“I’m here,” Tara said as an unmistakable hand touched her arm. She felt the familiar ripple of Taraness caused by the magic and their feelings for each other. Their connection.

And when she turned around…

Tara was a tree.

Or rather Tara was part of a tree. Her hand was human, her face much less so but her arm and the rest of her… The shape was there, but she was… in the tree. On the tree. No, she was part of it somehow.

“What - ?”

“Niamh taught me,” Tara said, taking a step away from it and that whole thing was gone. She was… Tara again. And the tree was the tree.

“That wasn’t a disguise was it?”

“We learn it as children, both for protection and to be one with the forest,” Niamh said. “These days, more for the latter than the former.”

“You were really part of the tree?”

Tara nodded, a little embarrassed but kind of proud too. And that meant it was definitely okay to be proud for her too.

“Oh, wow. That’s… so very cool!”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 20 - 03/22/1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness! :banana

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for Tara finding more about her Nymph-y abilities...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:33 pm 
9. Gay Now

Nice episode :)

And yeah, if i was Tara, i'd want to find out about my special abilities too.
Could be handy in Sunnydale, if you're caught alone and unprepared.
: 'Eeek, a vampire!' (hides in tree, vampire looks surprised, pokes tree, goes after easier prey)

It's one of my favourite low level druid-y spells :P
Trees are harder to hurt than people.

Ooooooh, Amber Benson's under your spell just came on, epic timing :)

I liked Niamh's deadpan teasing. Subtle.
You know what could be fun? if Niamh and Miri came for a visit to Sunnydale, after the girls got home.
Could be another episode of Buffy: :thud

As always, i'm looking forward to the next bit. :bounce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
Katharyn, Sorry for the lack of feedback but rest assured I’m still enjoying this! Totally with Grimm on the easter egg for CWS. That fantastic adventure will always have a special place in my heart! Several wonderful kitten members helped make reading it extra memorable! :D

My thoughts on the identity of Miri will remain secret. Mainly because I realized some weird reverse time traveling would be required and.. I don’t want to ruin my status of being 100% correct so far. LOL I’ve already changed my mind at least three times since then anyway.

Tara’s power is so cool. If she is able to use this ability outside this realm it will come in really handy when they go on patrol. But.. Buffy would need to be extra careful not to break off any limbs to use as stakes before making certain of Tara’s whereabouts. Yikes!

Miri needs to change the words to the song from “Willow and Tara sitting in a tree” to “Willow Rosenberg sitting on a tree”. Saying Tara’s sitting on herself.. or some other fairy/tree while kissing Willow is just.. odd now that her superpower has been revealed.

I could joke about how Tara can become Willow or that she got her Cherry back or other silliness but I’ll resist the urge and leaf that up to the characters. :P There is a real species of tree called Tarara though. It’s one of my favorites. :D

Okay, that last one may have only made sense to me. oh well.. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:27 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Zampsa - Nymphy abilities somehow just sounds so bad LOL. Thanks

Azirahael - Thank you. I'd honestly not thought about the usefuless of Tara's talent back home! But very true... I suppose a lack of real trees might be the issue back there... Good job the old Mayor planted a few! I miss him LOL.

And so what you're doing is asking for a sequel? LOL

Thanks

Kajun - Hey, I'm pleased you're here at all :) I do tend to throw in easter eggs... I think I've probably had one linking all the way back to the very first one LOL And I barely remember what I'm writing now, let alone CWS!

Miri's identity? You're trying to create mysteries? LOL From what you've said, I think I see where you're going though LOL

Buffy trying to turn part of Tara into a stake? Eeek. Maybe a male relative.. *COUGH*

I'll resist commenting on your jokes! LOL

Thanks so much

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 21 - 03/24/15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 am 
23. Volumey Text

Posting of the next few parts may be a little variable as to how far apart they are. This part is a day early, the next will probably be Friday and the one after that probably next Tuesday... You'll still get parts just not quite on the 3 day schedule.

And with that... 21...

Katharyn

----------------------------------

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty-One
Summary: Willow goes off with Niamh. No, not like that.
Notes: Apologies. In my head I think this chapter was rearranged a little differently. The first section didn’t come before the one that follows it so I had this whole thing about Tara spending time with Niamh and then sent Willow off to do it instead… very confusing. So I’ve edited it somewhat to try and get around that. And to have a little more fun with them. This is what happens when you don’t have a plot or more than two characters in total, two of whom are firmly supporting.
Thanks to: The girl who said ‘maybe’ and then said ‘yes’.

“So you really don’t mind?” she asked.

“One day, love,” Willow replied, “we’ll be back in what we like to think of as the real world. And when we are we’re not going to spend every, single minute together - ”

“Wait – we’re not? I thought you wouldn’t even let us get out of bed!” She was only joking of course. Sometimes she told jokes she was sure no one other than Willow would understand.

Sometimes she went with the easier stuff. Even though Willow was the only one here.

“Only on the weekends,” Willow said. “But sure, I’ll probably miss you while you’re with Niamh but its good practice for me. Besides, I’m sure Miri will find something to show me.”

“Probably?”

“Probably.”

To be fair, they hadn’t really been clingy up to now anyway. Both of them had been off and left the other. But now Niamh was asking them to stay longer (not that they’d set a date to go home) and to spend some more time exploring her heritage.

And that was something she wanted to do for all sorts of reasons. But not by excluding Willow.

Except now she had permission. With a good reason too, because Niamh was going to spend some more time with Willow first. But without the horse because… Well, wonderful as that had turned out when Willow got home, she was still traumatised by it.

“Every day, you make me think you’re a little more wonderful,” she said. It was something she was pretty sure Willow wasn’t going to get tired of hearing.

“How about last night?” Willow asked. “How much more wonderful did last night make you think I am?”

“Well… Um.” What to say? What to say? What have I already said with the ‘um’?

“You didn’t enjoy that?”

“Of, of course I did. But…” Every second that ticked by just made it worse, of course.

“But?”

“Nothing.”

“No, Tara – I want to hear it.”

Because Willow had already latched onto the perception of a criticism. Not that there really was one. After all, it was inevitable that some ‘things’ would work better than others. Maybe it had just been the time or the mood. Could’ve been anything. And after so many ‘things’ that really had worked, was it a problem that something didn’t? No. It was just one more thing to discover about each other.

Of course, Willow’s competitive spirit and desire for perfection might not agree with the part of her that was the knowledge girl. But maybe with a longer term view...

“We should always keep trying new things,” she said.

“Just not that new thing, huh?”

“Not that one. At least, not unless – It might really work for me, if I was in a different mood. I just didn’t know, until we tried, that I’d need to be in the right mood.”

“Well… Okay, I guess,” Willow said. “But you’ll let me know if you’re in that mood?”

“You’ll be the first one I come to.”

“That is the idea.” Willow grinned. “And what mood are you in now?”

“A sleepy one,” she said.

“Aww.”

“We can cuddle.”

“Oh, okay,” Willow brightened enough to make her sure that was all she’d really wanted and snuggled up closer to her. “This is you being Miss Responsible and making sure I’m ready for my day with Niamh?”

And there was the deal, Niamh didn’t want to exclude Willow either. So they were going to spend a little time together around and about the time she’d be with her. It was generous and it was nice and… “I’m sure there’ll be no riding.”

“Oh, thank God. Give me a dollar, if there is?”

“I’ll give you all the dollars. She’s very clear that your butt is mine.”

“Promises, promises,” Willow said and kissed her before she could ask what that was supposed to mean.

Maybe she didn’t want to know.

Or maybe she did.

-------------------------------

“So is there more food here?” Willow asked when she was alone with Niamh.

“Here? Perhaps not,” Niamh said, nibbling on a piece of papple and obviously appreciating it as much as they did. “But where I come from – fruits and wines and grains and bread that makes your mouth water when you smell it on the morning air and - ”

“Stop!” she groaned.

“Your diet grows tiresome, perhaps?”

“I haven’t found anything new to eat since…” Tara actually.

But that wasn’t something you said to her sister now was it?

And ‘eating’? Really? Sure, it was better than the clinical term for what she’d very much found she enjoyed doing, but… sounded a little cannibalistic out of context.

Maybe… ‘oralising’?

No, that sounded more like something you’d hear in a toothpaste advert. ‘95% of women oralising their girlfriends preferred ice-clean toothpaste.’

It was something she was going to have to give some thought to. But not here. Not with Niamh.

“This place,” Niamh said, turning and gesturing to everything that was around them, “is new for all that it is very old. In one way, it had always been here. But it needed Tara to make it exist. It’s an expansive addition to our realm but… some of us might’ve thought up a little more food, this is true.”

She smiled, because it hadn’t been like Tara had any clue she could create so much as a single piece of fruit, or a leaf or a patch of dirt. Let alone an entire realm of reality bolting itself into the place it always needed to be in another world.

They really didn’t write instruction manuals for that. She was sure Tara wouldn’t have skipped to the end of if they did.

“And she couldn’t add any now?”

“After the act of creation? No,” Niamh said. “But in time the lands will mingle. Your papple will find its way into our forests, while seeds from our plants and crops will come here. Just like the creatures and the people themselves.”

“So… Sorry, I really have to ask.” She looked around, uncertain and not wanting to give offence. “Your people, they aren’t all around us, in the trees are they?”

“No one is spying on your love-making with Tara,” Niamh said, smiling.

“Except Miri.”

“Except Miri,” the other woman allowed. “But then, Miri spies on and looks at everything. She thinks of things differently to you or I. For her there is nothing that can be seen that shouldn’t be. She’d see you both like she’d see a sunrise the wind in the trees.”

“As long as she doesn’t start showing us off.”

“I’ve talked to her about that.”

“And her people, where are they?”

“One of the other realms. She has travelled further since she hatched than most and seen more things. She’s young, but well regarded amongst her kind.”

“I like her,” Willow said.

“Everyone likes Miri,” Niamh said dryly. Was there some sort of joke there that she was supposed to get? Right now Tara was off with the girl who’d been feeling left out of being able to show everything that she’d found.

But Tara would be fine and since Niamh had raised it and she had her to herself… “So, this place, this realm?”

“You still have questions?”

“If you knew me better, you’d know I always have questions. That’s just me. I’m the Question-girl.”

“Then ask. Please.”

“Well, I did warn you. You can’t say I didn’t.”

“Ask,” Niamh insisted.

“Okay, you said this place had always existed, but it was new too – that Tara created it?”

“Yes.”

“Isn’t that a contradiction?” she asked. It wasn’t that she didn’t believe what was around her because, well, evidence. But understanding it was going to take more than that.

“How so?”

“Well, I can get my head around how creation might work. And I can get my head around history. But… What was it? Before, I mean. Before Tara wished it into existence?”

“Tara didn’t do that.”

“Then what? That’s what I’m trying to understand?”

Niamh frowned, something so like Tara’s expression that she almost wanted to kiss it away. Because, that was what you did when Tara frowned. But this wasn’t Tara. So… no.

“It’s difficult to grasp,” Niamh said. “Even when you come to it early in life as I did. By now your mind is… already set in its ways.”

“Excuse me? I’m very open minded. I’m so open minded I ended up being open legged. With Tara. And… talking to her wood-nymph sister, I realise that’s really not how I wanted to be putting that sort of thing. But – I’m not - ”

Niamh shook her head. “I meant no offence. It’s not even your mind, Willow. It’s your questions. Tara accepts it, because it is so. In that, her mind is better suited to this place than yours. Perhaps, in your world, you will always understand it better than she will. The rules and the science. But here, there are different rules and no rules at all.”

“So it’s a place of wishes? Of magic?”

“No – From your point of view, perhaps. You told me that magic has always been what lay beyond science, in your world?”

“Until recently,” she allowed, that was what Giles said and he was so old he’d probably been there to know.

“And still,” Niamh argued.

And how would she reach that conclusion? But then the two sisters had been talking and walking and learning from each other. This was her attempt to catch up on some of what she was missing, maybe she’d never be able to merge herself into a tree, but there was always something to learn.

“Like your world, there are certainly rules here. You throw a rock in the air and – usually – it will fall. You breathe. You need water, you drink. But the form the land and the sky and the water has taken is… there. Waiting. A reservoir of…”

‘Potential?” she suggested.

“Yes. Potential. Waiting for someone to call on it and give it form.”

“And Tara did that?”

“She wanted somewhere safe, somewhere other than where you were. She couldn’t move you within your own world so her mind reached into her heritage and created… this. Familiar to you both, in some ways. Strange in others, more suited to who she is inside. In that moment it was hers and hers alone. But quickly enough this place became part of every other place, every breath and every heartbeat made it more the case. The lands she created were mere steps from ours.

“Naturally Miri found you first.”

She smiled at that one, thinking perhaps Miri was jealous of the critters who’d actually gotten here first. She’d probably given them a telling off. And they’d probably listened to her.

Everyone liked Miri.

“And what was there, before? From your perspective?” she asked. “If you looked from where you were to where this is now? What was here?”

Niamh hesitated, once again looking to describe something that appeared to be beyond real description.

“This.”

“But it didn’t exist. You just said that.”

“From a certain point of view. Not mine. Not entirely,” Niamh said.

Okay, this definitely had the potential to hurt her head. “What would’ve happened if you tried to come here before Tara created it?”

“Tara didn’t create it, I told you.”

“Gave it form then?”

“I wouldn’t.”

“But if you had?”

“I wouldn’t.”

“So… it was like a blueprint maybe?” she asked and realised Niamh would have no idea what a blueprint was. “Like a picture? You could see it, but you couldn’t go there – here – you couldn’t come here?”

“Perhaps that is the best way to describe it, but I am not sure that you fully understand.”

You and me both, sister (in law).

“And what if – what if Tara and I had never met?”

“I don’t understand.”

“Well, if Tara hadn’t met me she wouldn’t have come to see me that night, we wouldn’t have been chased and – whatever happened would’ve happened to each of us alone.”

“But you did meet her. Why would you wonder about what happened if you didn’t?” Niamh asked. “That possibility never existed.”

And woah, they were going to get back into that? Niamh was going to bring that up? With her?

“So, fate? It was fate? Tara and I had to meet because the land had to be created?”

“It’s nothing to do with the land – and she didn’t create it. You met because that is the way it was meant to be,” Niamh said.

“But how do you know that?”

“Because you met her,” Niamh said patiently.

Back to the idea she’d always had some disquiet about. “So… we’re on a fixed path? I was always going to fall in love with her?” Willow asked.

“Why would that disturb you?” Niamh asked.

“I… It doesn’t – not that, in fact I’d kind of like the idea. Sometimes, I like to feel romantic like that. But I’m a scientist too and – does that mean I have no free will? That nothing I do makes any difference? If I go left instead of right? If I go down instead of up?”

Oh. And Freudian slip for good measure. Not that Niamh got it.

Ooh, perhaps I could just be ‘going down’ instead of those other choices of words. Better than ‘oralising’ for sure.

That bothers me.”

“Why?” Niamh asked again.

“Because… I think I should have a choice.” That was it, wasn’t it? That was what bothered her? Right?

“You do.”

“Pretty sure you just told me I didn’t. That everything I do – including Tara – is already set.”

“Ah, I see the problem.”

“You do? Because I wish I did…”

“What do you call it, when you look at a thing from one place and then another? What was that word you used?” Niamh asked.

“Perspective?”

“Yes. Perspective. You exist here. In a single moment. What went before is past, unchangeable. What lies before you is unknown, invisible to you. And you worry that this singular moment should change what will come and thus you choose what came before – once you are remembering it.”

“Umm… I think.”

“Then it is simple. You must simply look at the future as you do the now. Or the past.”

“What? Just like that? How can I look back at the future – though there might be a movie there…”

“You are caught here, in this moment,” Niamh said. “Much as I am, but I see – all my life I’ve seen parts of the future in the now. The… potential, as you put it. Things that will be. I still make my choices, but if I only look back instead of forwards, to what I want to be then how can I make the past something I value?”

“Umm… Okay… I think I get that. You’re saying, Right now, I have choice? But when I look back, it couldn’t have been any other way?”

“Obviously.”

“So if I change my mind…?”

“When you look back, you’ll know that you did that – it will always have been the decision you made. But you can always make a new choice, for the future.”

“The new choice I’d always have made?”

“Yes.”

“My head does hurt.”

“Then perhaps you ought to stop worrying about it?” Niamh suggested. “And just live?”

“I - ” She was ready to debate it, suggest that what she was talking about was fundamental stuff to the way they lived their lives but…

Not for Niamh.

And maybe not for Tara, because though her lover – her girlfriend – had never said anything like this to her, she could imagine this was still how Tara thought about things. About life.

Not worrying about the things that – once they were behind you – had always been meant to happen.

Didn’t mean you didn’t make the choices that took you there.

It was… actually it was kind of comforting. It took away any real possibility to be wrong. From a certain point of view.

Which made all her choices right.

Very obviously including everything that led her to Tara.

“I think I like that,” she said.

’Going down’. I like that too.

And apparently I was always meant to realise it.

Fate’s pretty cool.

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:08 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that Niamh and Willow had a nice talk...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:40 pm 
9. Gay Now

Woohoo!

I get everything with this story.
Interesting goings-on, sexy times, cuddles, AND heavy philosophy with my morning cup of tea!

You know, i wondered what Willow had done that Tara wasn't a fan of.

At first i assumed it was something anal, because that's the archetypal 'thing that not everyone is into.'
but then there was this:
Quote:
Or maybe she did.

so maybe they haven't tried that yet.

What did Willow do? Use her feet?
Although everyone is different, i don't see many people complaining about fingers and tongues. :P

On to the heavy duty philosophy:
I have never liked the idea of predestination or 'Fate.'
It makes for nice romantic 'we were always meant to be together' moments in a story
But it also takes away free will.
If you were always going to 'freely choose' the choice that you made then you have no agency, no free will.
You're just following a script, albeit a complex one, with notes for emotions.
And the reason that gets to me is this: you cannot/should not feel proud of your good actions, or ashamed of your bad ones.
You didn't choose to donate to charity, you were always going to.
You didn't choose to do that shitty thing to your girlfriend, you were always going to. It's not your fault.

And to be honest, i see Willow picking at this until she goes a bit loopy.

Though the 'land was always there in potential' bit is easy to explain to someone who plays any adventure-y type video games.
That part of the map was always there in potential, and you were always meant to be able to go there, you just couldn't until you 'unlocked' it. In this case, by Tara doing her thing.

Now, the real question becomes, 'how does this part of the realm interface with the rest of it?'
Did the realm suddenly get a bit bigger, and all the paths & rivers stretch out to make room?
Was there a big grey area that prevented all passage until Tara unlocked it? So folks had to walk around it?
Or is each section of the realm unique unto itself, and only connected at certain locations like bridges/tunnels. and now there are bridges/tunnels that go some place, where previously, they were dead ends.
Oh, one last idea: each realm is a world unto itself, and people travel between them the same way they travel to/from the Prime plane?

Sorry, my Roleplaying geekiness got out. i have seen all of these options presented.

Sorry if i made your brain hurt, this worldbuilding stuff i do automatically.
I instinctively try to find the shape of a thing, by finding the edges.
It tells you so much.

Onward! :bounce

Typo:
She’d see you both like she’d see a sunrise, or the wind in the trees.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:58 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Zampsa - Thank you - as ever - for your support :) Willow's never going to mind a talk with Niamh, she can ogle her in perfect safety :)

Azirahael - I've actually waited until I was just tipsy enough to do justice to your comments on this part. I think it needs a little booze to get me to engage as fully as this one deserves. So, with a cocktail in my hand and a laptop in my other two (???) I'll bite :)

I don't think that I was actually ever thinking about what the 'thing' Willow did that Tara wasn't a fan of was... It certainly wasn't 'anal' in the sense the word is usually used! I think what I actually meant is that everyone is different and not everyone enjoys the same things to the same extent. The point really was just to show that things could be 'wrong' and still really very good. It's a reinforcement of the relationship.

You could make me speculate, but... I'm not tipsy enough for that!

So, philosophy. It's strange. Since I wrote and redrafted this I've had reason to consider 'fate' and the roll it plays. Someone in my life very clearly believes in it and I can't argue with her conclusions. I might not go with them...

My - personal - opinions are somewhat different to Tara and Willow's. I have some history with fate in my stories (Sidestep was built around it, Wolfram and Hart relied on it) and I don't much mind that for them. Because I very much want to explain away putting them together in just about every circumstance. It's only a hop and a skip (but not a jump) to accepting that fate operates in other ways...

Personally though, I do kind of appreciate your thoughts on fate. Which is why I spun it around to talk more about the perspective being important. Accepting everything you said from the perspective of the present, is it not undeniable that from the perspective of a future looking back, you couldn't have made any other choice? No matter what it was?

You exercised free will in that moment, but the history will always be what it will be...

Pride in your actions (or shame) still works, because you chose at the moment you had free will. After the fact, only the choice that you took is visible.

I don't think I'd ever say 'it's not your fault.' The fault is still there. It was just that what you decided (from a future perspectvie) was always your fault...

Your question about the land is probably something I never considered in quite those terms because - in Niamh's shoes - it's the perspective that really matters. Rather than being a 'locked zone' it was more something that would be but wasn't yet. Taking time out of the mix, or at least seeing it in different ways, is essential to Niamh's perspective.

And perspective is everything. Both you and Niamh can be right because your perception and perspective is different.

Least that's my story!

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 22 - 03/27/15
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 am 
23. Volumey Text

The next part of this fic won't post until Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

For now, enjoy this.

K

-------------------

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty-Two
Summary: Tara and Willow compare notes. Yeah, I’m sure that’s all they’re doing. They probably compare notes all night long.
Notes: After a couple of shorter parts, this is a longer one. These things ebb and flow because I really don’t plan the length of chapters when I write the scenes that make them up  Instead I just say ‘that’s a good place to end after 2000+ words’. So, yeah, there’s no masterplan!
For long time readers, I’m going back to a joke in this part – muffling – that I first raised in Sidestep and may have done in most stories since… I probably shouldn’t point out Easter Eggs since it defeats the object, but on the other hand it means something to me which is why I keep going there.
Thanks to: Easter Egg hunters.

“And what did Miri show you today?” Willow asked her while idly tracing patterns on her back. This was while she lay face down, head on her hands and… well, just let her, really.

It was something she’d noticed Willow liked to do.

In amongst all the other things Willow liked to do this was especially noticeable. Her girlfriend – her lover – really had something about backs. Her back at least. And it wasn’t just Willow who enjoyed it. How could it be? Take the power of simple, human contact and multiply it by a few thousands for the effect of their ‘magical’ connection and by another million or so for the love and… Yeah, she was enjoying it too.

“Ah, so you are interested in what I have to say?” she teased after her earlier attempts to explain the same things had ended with Willow’s tongue in her mouth. Steps through the door. Maybe just the one.

“Of course, I hope you know I don’t just love you for your body?” Willow replied.

“That’s not what I meant – I – you haven’t shut up about the nature of choice and reality and all that Niamh had made you think about until - ” Well, apart from the kissing time. Of course.

“Until you chose to sit on my face and nothing else mattered?” Willow suggested to her, laughter tickling her voice.

And there’d been that too.

“I remember it more like you asked me to choose to sit on your face,” she said. “And that you chose to let me. And now… it seemed pretty much like the right choices. Maybe even inevitable…” She let that hang, willing to take it where it would lead.

“Oh come on, don’t make me start off again,” Willow warned.

“Well,” she suggested lazily. “Now I know what the solution is, what do I have to fear?”

“You’re really going to put yourself there every time you want me to change the subject?” Willow asked.

“I didn’t want you to change the subject,” she corrected. This seemed like it was an important distinction. “I just wanted you.”

“You have no idea how good that makes me feel,” Willow said.

Turned out her lover was wrong about that, because yes, she absolutely knew. And said so.

Naturally enough, it turned into another playful, naked bout of touching and caresses but not much more than that for now. There were limits, after all. Not many limits, but some. Sensitivity more than anything else.

“So Miri,” Willow said eventually. “I realise that now I might have to sit on your face to change the subject, but I don’t think I’d get to hear too much.”

“Muffled,” she teased.

“By your muff.”

She put the effort in to twist her neck and gave Willow a look. There was just no need for that sort of thing. After all, really? Of course, she didn’t manage to keep that going very long. Especially when Willow stuck her tongue out.

And wiggled it.

“You’re just dirty,” she said.

“And you love me anyway. In fact, I think maybe you love me – more – because of it. I think you needed someone willing to be a little dirty.”

“I think… maybe I do.” The evidence was right there. Willow was dirty. She needed Willow. Ergo and all that. “Anyway, Miri took me to the river,” she said.

“There’s a river?”

“Well, there’s an ocean and there’s trees and there’s rain so – yeah, I think eventually there had to be a river somewhere. But this one was…” She was looking for the word.

“Beautiful?”

“Yes. How did you know?”

“Well, Miri’s got an eye for the impressive,” Willow said. “Plus, everything here’s beautiful and impressive and breath-taking. Present company absolutely included.”

“Flattery’s got you plenty already. No more.”

“So should I stop trying?” Willow wondered.

She shook her head. It was still nice. Maybe it would never stop being nice. It was something to hope for.

“Mmmm,” she sighed as Willow traced her fingers up high enough to slide along her neck and up to her ear and the short hairs there.

“You like that?”

“Mmmm.”

“I’d have bet a dollar you would.”

“Mmmm.”

They went on like that for a while, before Willow asked her again. “So this river?”

“Miri, she took me to the top of an overlook. A little like a canyon, or Deliverance, I guess.”

“Is that the one where the guy squeals?” Willow asked doubtfully.

“Uh, yeah. I guess. But I was really talking about the view of the river? You know?”

“Oh, yeah. I see what you mean. But – to be fair – it is what most people remember from that movie. Don’t be thinking I’m some kind of freak or anything.”

“Oh,” she said. “You are a freak. You’re my kind of freak.”

“Well, that’s alright then. So long as I’m your kind of freak. What about this river then?”

“Very beautiful and – you could tell, from high above it, exactly how it was made.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you know how we’re taught that the Grand Canyon – for example – was carved out over thousands of years by, like, all the water that ever fell from the sky.” Her reward for her little joke was to hear the sigh of amusement. Job well done.

“But I felt like I was watching it happen. It was… Like, I look at the ocean in Sunnydale and there’s a lot of water. But somehow it doesn’t seem like more water than was in that river, because of the strength and the power of it.”

“Wow…” Willow said, seeming to get it.

“I know. It seemed impossible that there couldn’t have been a huge river valley and a canyon there because there was just so much water and rock and everything carried in it.”

“Wow,” Willow said again.

“You’d have loved it. Science in action. Right there in front of me.”

“Wow…”

“You can say something else if you like.”

“Wow?”

She smiled.

“See, though,” Willow said, “Miri’s discovering these things too.”

“She knew - ”

“Oh, she’d found it, she knew it was there. But not long ago. The reason, I think, that river was like it was, well, I think it was that you made it that way.”

“I made a river now?” she asked. “I’m more talented than I knew.”

“You made all of this.” Willow said, and she sounded particularly proud. “Oh, eventually, off in any direction you’d come to what was here before. But – you made this. You made the river.”

“I didn’t ask…” she said. “But – I don’t know much about rivers. How did I make that?” The college – or a foresty version of it – she could understand. After all, it was somewhere that meant something to her. It was the embodiment of what she’d wanted to do and become for a few years now.

But the river?

“Maybe you don’t have to,” Willow said. “I doubt you were ever going to conjure up a desert environment so you picked what you knew and what was part of your nature. The forest. But the features – you told me you saw the Grand Canyon but it sounds like you were… kinda disappointed by it?”

“I was in awe,” she corrected.

“Of the size – don’t ask me if that matters – but you sounded like you were hoping for the great, rampaging river. Not the trickle that that flows there today since they dammed everything?”

Well, maybe that was the fault of the books she’d been shown in school and at home. Dad had always loved the place, they’d been out there more than once and…

“So I made a river that satisfied me?” she asked.

Because, yes. The river had been the most disappointing thing on a special trip. She’d always hoped that maybe it’d rain or flood somewhere up stream and she’d look down and see the whole canyon in full flow. It was impossible, it wasn’t ever going to happen – it was just too big.

But here?

“I made a river,” she said again, knowing it this time.

“Go you! Also the trees, the land, the pseudo-college. Probably the weather… Like it or not, Tara, this is kind of your place.”

“But not the people,” she said.

“Apparently not,” Willow agreed. “Where do you suppose they all are?”

“Coming,” she said.

“Really?”

“Miri said. She said they’re coming.”

“You probably should’ve mentioned that,” Willow said.

“You know now…” Okay, maybe she should’ve.

But here? Here it was nothing to worry about.

You made mountains,” Willow complained, but trying to keep it just a tiny bit accusing. Impressed she was struggling with right now. It was getting harder to stay impressed at the moment.

But accusing? That was getting much easier than it ever had been since she’d known Tara.

After all, they were walking up one of those slopes of the foothills and it was kicking her ass.

“I didn’t mean to.”

“Yes, you really did.” She and Tara had gone through this a few times by now. But there was always something new to discover. Something new that she’d created. The last two days they’d walked, sleeping out under the stars on piles of leaves.

Of course the weather had remained perfect because guess who created it? They’d always found crystal clear water and papples (though those were getting a bit ‘oh, papple, again? But actually it’s still nice,’ by now.) Leaves to sleep on. Loose branches to build a little shelter.

And the dawn chorus had followed them too.

Maybe not ‘followed’ them, but come out from the rapidly populating forest to greet them in the morning.

And Miri and Niamh had been left behind while they walked. She hesitated to call it hiking because they didn’t have the footwear and clothes for that but… Everything remained perfect, so it really didn’t matter.

Out here, well away from what resembled UC Sunnydale – which had paths or trails where asphalt would’ve been - she noticed again the simple ease with which Tara moved through the forest.

It wasn’t exactly hard going, but at some point most people would stumble and fall out here. Tree roots. Fallen branches. Just the landscape. Rocks. Whatever. It wasn’t hard, but it wasn’t easy either.

Except for Tara.

Back in Sunnydale, on campus, Tara had looked a little like she could trip over her own feet (though she definitely wasn’t the only one to be a little clumsy.) Here though?

Here Tara looked like she might be able to hop, skip, jump or run at full speed through the trees and nothing bad would ever happen. Not so much as a sharp stone or a stubbed toe.

That certainly wasn’t true for her. More than once Tara had caught her when she stumbled. And - practically all the time - her girlfriend was warning her or leading her around apparent obstacles.

That was what Tara was out here. It was what proved the claims Niamh had made.

Tara was a true child of the forest. A wood nymph. Maybe it stood to reason she’d be clumsier amongst the trappings of civilisation. Maybe.

Who knew how all this worked? Not Niamh if she was to be believed – and she was. And not Tara, who certainly was to be believed. There might be instinct that came from her heritage, but there apparently wasn’t intrinsic knowledge to go with it.

“I think you miss the mountains,” Willow said, slipping her hand back into Tara’s.

“I suppose.”

“Really? You’re going to play it cool? It’s okay to miss home, just because you found love and a hot girlfriend away at college, doesn’t mean you can’t miss the place you grew up.”

“Technically,” Tara said. “I think I found a whole other world, too.”

“You made it. That’s not the same thing.”

“I think I know where you’re going.”

“Go on. Guess.”

“You think I made this place a little like home?”

“Are you reading my mind?” she asked.

“No. But… This isn’t like home. I lived on a farm. The land was cleared, I could just about see a mountain in the distance, but – like a lot of things, we never went because there was always time. Always another day. It’s easier to take a special trip to see something else like the Grand Canyon than go to something that’s right there in front of you.”

“No forests?”

“There are, but I didn’t live in one.”

“Oh. Bang goes that theory then,” she admitted.

“Don’t feel bad,” Tara told her. “Even you can’t be right about everything.”

“I know, I just… I set my standards so high. Being top of the class means a lot to me.”

“More than me?”

“Well,” she said, giving her witty retort some thought and deciding against it, “technically you are the class.”

“Tara 101?”

“No. Tara 101 was the one that I graduated with high marks, remember?”

“Ah, I think I do. Was that the time that you - ”

“Minx! You know when it was!”

“So what class am I now?” Tara asked.

“Tara two-sixty-nine.”

“Sixty-nine? Really?”

“You were supposed to focus on the two.”

“No, I wasn’t,” Tara said, knowing her way too well already.

“Okay, no, you weren’t. But give me some credit for taking on a whole new set of terms and innuendos?”

“Given.”

“Thank you,” she said and they kept walking for a while longer, but she was fairly certain both that there was something on Tara’s mind and that she knew what it was. That didn’t matter though, it’d work its way out.

Here they had endless hours. They had ‘always’… No one – except the dawn chorus – ever required anything of them at any particular moment. It was a life without timetable. Almost a life without time.

And it wasn’t like they didn’t talk anyway. Actually, she felt like in the weeks that had passed, she and Tara might’ve talked more than her own parents ever had in their entire lives together.

So… yeah, she was confident that she didn’t need to ask.

She was even able to start thinking of what she was going to say in reply.

Because, when it comes to Tara, I’m already getting top marks.

Yay me.

And being the high – Tara – achiever that I am, I know that she’s going to ask in 3…2…1…

Tara said nothing.

And they walked.

While Tara still said nothing.

They even sat, took a break and ate. Then Tara did say something, but not the something that she must’ve been itching to…

“Oh, come on! Don’t do this to me!” she finally complained.

Tara, of course, broke down giggling.

“It’s not funny.”

“Yes, it really is.”

“No. It’s not. It’s… mental cruelty.”

“Not asking you the dirty question you think I should because if you were me and I was you, you would?”

“If I was you and you were me, I’m not sure we’d ever get out of bed,” she replied, quick as anything. One to be proud of.

Also… probably true. Tara’s discipline was… a little greater. As she’d just proven again.

And Tara didn’t seem to disagree. “Maybe, but mental cruelty how?”

“I set it up, I knew you had to say something – that you even want to say something. The fact you didn’t say something was all about you showing you were stronger than me, wasn’t it?”

“Not stronger, exactly.”

“Okay, so you have spicy stamina. This is good to know.”

“You told me that before.”

“I mean for talk, because… obviously with the other thing.” Oh yes, Tara really didn’t quit. And it was impossible to quit her either. Of course, she was guessing about the last part because she had no intention of testing the theory.

“If you want to talk about it, fine.”

“But you’re not going to start?” she asked.

Tara shook her head.

Fine. Two could play at that game.

So they walked some more. Happy and confident in each other’s company. They’d not discussed it, but it looked like they were going to spend another night under the stars and she was fine with that. Maybe more than one, since it would take at least as long to get back as it had to get out here. But… fine. She had all the time in the world for Tara to break down and prove that, when it came to some things, she just had to start the conversation.

Miles probably passed. Or whatever the unit of measurement was here. And then…

“Right, fine,” she said. “If that’s the way it’s got to be. Fine. I’ll ask.”

“Go ahead.”

“Sixty-nine.”

“Higher than sixty-eight. Lower than seventy,” Tara said, all matter of fact.

“You know what I mean, don’t pretend you don’t. So have you… umm, done it?” she asked. Tara’s past was no mystery to her, but when they hadn’t done it then, she was effectively asking for more detail about Tara’s one, long in the past, girl than she ever had before.

It was the sort of thing you probably shouldn’t get into but… what were the rewards? See, there you go.

“No,” Tara said after a few paces of thinking about whether to answer.

“Oh.”

“Have you?”

“Me? I’ve not had a girlfriend,” she pointed out.

“I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure it works with a guy…” And that really did cause Tara to blush. Even where there were only the critters, the birds and the trees to see them.

“Oh. Um. Well – I guess it might – no! No I didn’t do that!”

“Right.”

“So… Let’s just leave me out of this one, because… no. Why didn’t you and… you know? Her.”

“We – ah… We… were kids. And… Look, imagine you’re sixteen. You have no idea what feelings mean, what to do and you live in a small town with your parents and there’s always someone home… You can’t exactly get… creative. Even if we’d wanted to and if we wanted to then we didn’t know we wanted to. Does that make sense?”

Yeah, she could see that. She could absolutely see that. Not everyone’s parents disappeared for weeks at a time. Not that she’d made ‘creative’ use of that time since – mostly – it’d been time sprinkled with one apocalypse or another rather than exploration of baseball scoring.

Things had been simpler and… actually more innocent back then. You know, a whole year ago.

“It makes every kind of sense. I…”

“What?”

“It’s weird.”

“Usually, when you say that, it really is,” Tara promised her. “So, come on.”

“With you… I feel… I feel like a woman.”

“That’s good though?”

“Yes! I mean I feel like a woman rather than a girl. I’ve never felt grown up until I met you. I thought I did, but not like this,” she said. “This feels like a grown up relationship. Something that’s started and built on the right footing. Something that – I don’t ever worry about how long it’ll last. You know what I mean, don’t you?”

Thankfully Tara’s agreement suggested she really did know. Not only that, but it kind of suggested she felt the same way.

“So what’s weird about that?” Tara asked.

“Oh, just that when – in another way - you make me feel… giddy. I was going to say like a kid, but that’s not it. Just giddy. I know – with you I can say or do things that… It doesn’t matter what it is. I’m safe, no matter what I ask or say or do. You might tease me, but that’s as bad as it’s ever going to get and… Okay, let’s be honest, we both know I like your kind of teasing.”

“Not to mention you deserve it.”

“That too,” she agreed.

“So… I make you feel young and mature?”

“Yes, that’s it. You do.”

“You’re right. That is weird.” Tara’s laughter startled some of the wildlife.

“So…?” She left that hanging there.

“Just ask,” Tara suggested. “Use the maturity.”

“Okay, okay. I can see you’re going to keep using that against me. So, now that you have the space – a whole world and a really big bed – how do you feel about sixty-nine now? I’ll go first, if you like – let you consider your answer – but you can colour me all kinds of intrigued. It’s not like it’s anything either of us doesn’t like doing or being done – I guess, so… why not try doing and being done at the same time? That’s what I think, anyway. Discuss.”

“And ‘Why not?’ is the best you can come up with?”

“Not like that. In a sexy way… Let me try a voice… You know, a hot one. ‘Why not’?”

More laughter because her ‘trying to be sexy’ voice obviously anything like her ‘feeling sexy’ voice.
“Discuss?”

“It’s important for us to talk. Just as soon as we get home and find a magazine to telI us that, I’ll point it out to you. But we know it.”

“No, you’re right. I guess. I… I just thought it must be…” Tara’s voice tailed off, clearly she was embarrassed. So it was her job as a good – and curious – girlfriend to help her through that. A gentle peck on the cheek seemed to do the job. “I thought it was sort of – impractical.”

“Impractical?”

“Well… You hear about this and it’s all at the same time and everything but… really? I mean, if we weren’t – at the same time - what then?”

That hadn’t actually occurred to her. “I’d… Well, speaking for myself, if I was first I’d do the right thing and definitely make sure you came second.”

Tara grinned at the obvious innuendo, hugged her for a few seconds. “I know you would but – I think it might be sort of too late?”

“Why?”

“Well… You know how it is. If you were close and getting there but then I stopped doing what I was doing because I was doing something else? Then how would it be?”

“Oh…”

“Yeah,” Tara said. “So, it seems more like a race. First to come and then, really, you’re back to what we already do and don’t you like it when we’re taking it in turns?”

She paused, looked at her girlfriend. “And people say I overanalyse things. You’ve definitely given that some thought. But… I take your point. And maybe… we could just see how it goes? Sometime that’s not now because… twigs and leaves and all sorts of things that will stick where we don’t want them to stick – maybe that’s why they’re called sticks - ”

“And we’re not p-perpetually ready to have sex?” Tara suggested, subtly interrupting the start of her babble. “That’s another reason.”

“We aren’t? No. No, we aren’t.”

Now she was teasing.

But only just.

Not ready. Not as such.

Just willing to be.

Very, very willing.

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 22 - 03/27/15
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:45 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness :banana

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for the girls figuring more about the faery-land and about themselves...

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 22 - 03/27/15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:44 am 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks Zampsa - Willow's too curious to be any other way :)

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 23 - 03/31/15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 am 
23. Volumey Text

Sorry for the delay... Normal service is now resumed.

Katharyn

------------------------

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty-Three
Summary: The morning after returning from the hike…
Notes: Okay, by the end of this chapter we will be kind of back to what we know from the teaser. You all know where we’re going and this ends in a place where that’s about to happen. I hope knowing that won’t spoil it for you (and I just spoiled it again!)
What I do wonder in the earlier parts of this chapter though is why Willow doesn’t ask for a massage again? I mean, come on!
Thanks to:

“Nnnnn. Leave me alone,” Willow complained. If it was even possible to go any deeper, she was digging herself into the nest she’d made of the bedding.

“Not in as good shape as you thought?” she asked.

Willow’s response was muffled by the sheet that she’d pulled up over her face. Yes, she was very, very tired and yes, they’d been walking for days with just themselves for company.

That hadn’t seemed to bother Willow until they got back and even then… Well, not really until they stopped. Not just stopped walking, more… stopped. Everything. It was like a switch had been thrown. Like the mental block that let her keep going and going – actually encouraging them to go see what was round the next bend in the river – had finally fallen.

And once it had then the exhaustion had crashed over her like a wave.

Along with stiffness and pain.

“Everything hurts,” Willow complained in a very small voice. “Just let me go to sleep.”

She sat on the edge of the bed, running a finger across the arch of Willow’s foot and making her snatch it away from the tickling. Of course then she had to moan because of how that movement made her hurt.

“Gerroff!”

“Sorry, love,” she said. And she really was. No matter how cute her girlfriend was when she was like this, the discomfort was more important. It brought out the maternal side of her.

Something it was probably best not to mention. Didn’t want that being overanalysed.

“It’s okay for you, wood nymph.”

“I am tired,” she admitted.

“Not like me. And you’re still upright.”

“Maybe I’m just remembering all the things you said you wanted to do as soon as there was something soft to support us. And no bugs.” Willow had been really clear about the dangers of ‘frolicking’ in the forest. Bugs in unfortunate places being one of them.

It really was kind of horrifying where her girl’s imagination would go sometimes. Not that she disagreed with the concern, she just didn’t think it was very likely. Certainly not here. But there’d been no telling Willow that.

“Later,” Willow moaned.

“You said as soon as we got back.” Obviously that wasn’t happening, nor – actually – did she particularly want to. But finding Willow’s limits – when her desire had seemed so… limitless. That was something interesting and special.

“I probably said a lot things that seemed like a good idea at the time. Tara, baby, I’m begging you… please, just let me sleep.”

Putting it like that, what else could she say? “Love you,” she said, bending over Willow and kissing the uncovered forehead.

“Love you,” Willow murmured, shifting and already heading into slumberland.

“I’m going to find Niamh and Miri,” she said, but more quietly. Just to say that she’d told her, even if she didn’t know it.

Willow barely moaned/groaned in response. Heard, on some level but not recognised.

Maybe there was something to this wood nymph thing after all? Not that she’d doubted it, she’d understood the truth and her connection to this mini-world she’d apparently created as soon as it had been explained to her. But the hike, over several days, had made what Willow had already noticed obvious to her too.

Yes, she really did know – or really it was more ‘feel’ – how to move through the forests here. Probably back home too, she’d never really struggled with her inbuilt lack of grace when she was out away from people and places and things. It just didn’t happen that often.

Here… They’d walked for days and it had never seemed like particularly hard going, at least to her. And while she was tired now, she wasn’t shattered like her girlfriend plainly was. For Willow to turn down anything – anything – but sleep. Well… that told the story.

While, on the other hand, she really did feel that, with a few hours to rest, she could set off again.

Of course, if she did then Willow would either stay behind or cheerfully kill her for suggesting she couldn’t. Because she was now that tired at the moment.

When your girlfriend was ready to commit homicide rather than take another step in the woods? Then it was probably time to stop.

They’d discussed it, of course. How had she known where to put her feet? How to avoid the roots and fallen branches? The holes dug by critters or the rain? The same holes that had tripped Willow when concealed by fallen leaves. How had she known?

She really hadn’t ‘known.’

Not even ‘felt’, not like feeling her way by touch or even sense.

When she (over)thought about it – while they were discussing it for example - it didn’t work quite the same and might easily have come close to stumbling. But when she just walked and stopped worrying about it…? Those obstacles never quite ended up under her feet. It had been a little like an improvisational dance, that was what they’d decided. Graceful (something she’d not often been accused of), but unplanned. Her feet and her weight just went in the right places where nothing bad happened.

Willow had even had her skipping across the tops of fallen logs, testing the hypothesis. She’d been pretty sure she’d break her neck – especially because that was consciously trying to use her ‘gift’ - but, it’d been in a good cause and she’d tested it and… Willow had been right.

But then Willow usually was. She was observation-gal and someone who was blind would’ve been able to tell that Willow liked watching her. Really liked watching her. And probably not for the study of how she moved either.

Or at least how her feet moved. After all, when Willow was watching her walk, it was quite often her boobs (or butt when she was lagging behind) that she was watching.

Willow, born again lesbian (her own conclusion), was still in the state of boob-fascination that had probably touched every woman who’d found herself liking other women that way.

Not just her boobs though. Willow liked the way her hair bounced. Fingers, she was watching her fingers all the time too. Probably for another sexual reason but… hey, that was just fine. When they were doing it, it was perfectly okay to be thinking it.

Unusual curves, that was another thing. Willow was into her neck and shoulders. Her armpits – not in a smelly way, but the way they swept down to her side and – yes – boobs. Putting her hair up was something Willow just… couldn’t help watching. Once there’d even been drool.

Not much, but a real string of drool.

So, yes, Willow was watching her nearly all the time. And I like it.

I feel beautiful with her.

Sensual.

Who doesn’t want to feel beautiful and sensual?

“You’re thinking about her,” Miri’s higher pitched voice called from above her.

She looked up, seeing the winged nymph sat up in a tree, making chains out of flowers. Lots and lots of chains just like it were already draped over the branch. It was more industry than she’d ever noticed from either of their friends here.

So they did, actually, have to make some things?

“How did you know?”

“You always have this little smile,” Miri said, plunging – if a plunge could be so graceful - out of the tree and only using her wings to catch herself when she was a few inches from the ground. “It’s your Willow smile. That’s what I call it.”

“Good morning, Miri,” she said, showing her a different smile.

“Good afternoon, Tara. The sun has already passed its peak for the day.”

“You’re right. Then good afternoon.”

“Did you enjoy your walk?”

“We call it a hike,” she said. “And we did, thank you. Willow’s very tired. Please don’t disturb her.” Miri did have this habit of showing up. Sometimes at intimately inconvenient times. That wasn’t so bad, there was no sense of sexual awareness – at least on a human level – from the girl, though she did seem to delight in the existence of their pleasure amongst other happy feelings.

“I won’t.”

“Oh. Did you have anything to show me today?”

“Yes! Wait – no… No, I’m sorry, Tara. I’m very busy and I have nothing to show you today.”

Those words just felt wrong coming from Miri’s mouth. It was the first time she’d ever denied having anything to show her, for a start, and then… Miri was never ‘busy’, though she didn’t doubt the possibility that there could be times that was the case.

But busy making chains of flowers?

And… It really sounded like something she’d been asked to say, rather than something that she meant.

Something was changing… Something was going on. But she wasn’t going to try and get that from Miri. Only one person here could’ve possibly made the girl change her tune so completely and that was…

“I wonder, do you know where Niamh is at the moment?”

“Wait – I know this one – Yes, I do! Niamh is very busy!”

You could almost see the quotes.

“But where is she?” she pressed.

“Busy isn’t a place?” Miri asked, betraying the fact she actually had no idea what she meant. That busy wasn’t a concept she recognised too well even though she’d just claimed it for herself.

She shook her head. “I’d just really like to talk to her.” More so now.

“Why don’t you just go to her then?” Miri asked.

Why? “Because… Well, I don’t know where she is?”

“Of course you do!”

“No, I don’t. How could I? I had to ask you.”

“You found me,” Miri said. “Find her.”

And then she realised, maybe Miri was right about that. After all, she’d just set of walking and… there Miri was. She might’ve picked any direction but – when looking for her – she’d just come across her. In some random tree where she’d been for a long time already?

The last few days, she’d taken them out from the ‘college’ and walked for days but they’d emerged back here afterwards right what would’ve been the entry road in the real world and was an avenue of trees here?

How had she done that?

How had she never gotten lost on hikes back home, but could barely navigate between coffee shops on campus? The real campus?

Because I’m a wood nymph.

And this is my place…

She considered, turned and pointed. “This way, right?”

Miri nodded, obviously pleased with her.

Which was just fine, because she was pleased with Miri too.

And she waved goodbye to her friend who went back to her task with the flowers.

“Baby, I love you, but if you don’t let me sleep then you’re going to find I can get kind of grumpy and I don’t want to be grumpy with… you. Miri?”

Miri was at the end of the bed.

This, in itself, was not so very unusual.

What was unusual was that Miri wasn’t alone.

Shyly looking at her, but staying behind Miri, were two more winged nymphs. Two more ‘girls’ in the same way Miri seemed to merit the designation.

“Um… good afternoon, Miri,” she managed, “and to your friends.” It set the two new fairies off into a fit of giggles.

Why? What did I say?

“Good afternoon, Willow. I have something to show you.”

“Umm – really?”

“Yes. It’s time for you to get up.”

“Oh.” Then – rather than complain about her aching muscles - she had to ask. “Why?”

----------------------------

“Niamh.”

“Tara.”

Niamh wasn’t alone. She’d never seemed alone anyway, there was always a sense about her that she was part of something… more. But now she really, literally wasn’t alone. After weeks of seeing no one but Niamh, Miri and Willow it was something of a shock to see three more people here.

“It is good that you are here, now. Your timing is perfect.”

“I guess it’s good that it’s good,” she said, and then – because she was stuck for anything else to say – introduced herself. “Hi, I’m Tara.”

The three nymphs, two women and a man, shook their heads and gestured in that universal way ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t understand you.’

“They don’t speak my language?”

“It will take them a few hours,” Niamh said. “As it did for me.”

“I wish I’d been able to learn French that fast,” she murmured. “Would’ve made school easier.”

“Perhaps you would’ve done, had you known that you could.” Niamh’s ears, as usual, didn’t miss anything. “But it is good you’re here now. You will talk to them please and they will talk to the others and soon enough everyone will understand.”

“Everyone?”

“Everyone.”

She looked around and… in the trees. Smiles. Blinking eyes. Allowing themselves to be seen, for surely they could’ve stayed hidden from her if they wanted to. And not just some of the trees.

All the trees she could see.

And more beyond.

“You really mean everyone, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“But – why?”

“They’re not ready yet. When it’s time, they will gather with us. For now they will listen. But these three – these are your family. As I am.”

“Oh!”

I have more family?

Of course I do. I knew Niamh wasn’t alone and she’s my sister. Kind of. In the nymphy sense, at least.

She’d come to peace with the fact that what she’d always thought of as her family was more complicated than it looked. And that everyone who had been a part of it, still was. Niamh and these others were more like long-lost cousins.

At least that was how she liked to think of them. It kept things sane.

She turned back to the three, appreciating that she needed to be talking to them in order for them to pick up her English like Niamh and Miri had, even words she didn’t actually say. But then she wondered – “Shouldn’t I be learning your language?”

“You already know it,” she said. “You’ve just forgotten. But – we didn’t think it was fair on your mate.”

“Oh… No – You mean Willow?”

“Unless you’ve mated with someone else?” Niamh asked, a sparkle – literally – in her eye. “It would be good to know.”

“Funny. You’re funny,” she said, smiling in spite of herself.

“I’m well aware it’s not just because there’s no one else here,” Niamh said more gently. “We are all aware of that.”

Oh. Well. That was the simple truth.

“I’m Tara,” she said again to her new relatives. “And I’m very pleased to meet you.”

In turn they pointed at themselves and gave what she assumed to be their names. The elder woman, older than Niamh, was Aghina. And her hair was… very much like Momma’s later in her life. Not like the pictures of her youth, when it’d looked very like hers and Niamh’s. But touched by silver…

“Aghina was to our mother’s mother as I am to you,” Niamh said.

A… kind of great aunt then?

“It’s lovely to meet you,” she said, pressing her hand up against the woman’s shoulder as was the nymph’s way.

“Vhal,” said the first male nymph she’d ever seen. By any objective standards he was beautiful. Not the sort of beauty she went for, but that didn’t make it any less a fact.

“Aghina’s son,” Niamh explained.

An uncle then. Sort of? Even though he looked no older than his early thirties.

“I - ” She pressed his hand against his bare shoulder. “I’m pleased we could meet.”

He nodded with more grace than his male model good looks should’ve suggested. Oh dear. If he ever made it back to their world then he’d be causing all sorts of trouble. At least for ninety percent of the female population and not an insignificant number of the male either.

“My – my daughter,” he said, finding the English through some miracle. No one had used the word, but somehow – magically no doubt – he’d absorbed the language anyway. That would really have been a neat trick to have up her sleeve at school.

“No – I’m not – Oh, you mean her,” she turned to the third of them, a girl in her teens. Or so she appeared in human years. Here that might mean anything. “I’m Tara.”

“Cal,” the girl said, tipping her head so that platinum white, long hair hung straight down. She saw nothing of herself or Niamh in Cal. But she probably resembled her own mother – or other father – more closely.

“It’s nice to meet you, Cal,” she said to her new cousin.

“Thank-you – is it thank you?”

“Thank you, yes,” she confirmed.

“Thank you for letting I – me – all us come to your ceremony,” Cal said proudly, looking around for approval from the others. They seemed very pleased with her for stringing a complicated sentence together.

It certainly was impressive, even if Niamh or Miri had been cheating and talking to them in English earlier.

And – wait – “Did you say my ‘ceremony’?”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 23 - 03/31/15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness! Can't wait for learning more about Niamh's nymph-y family and that ceremony...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:50 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dun dun duuuuhn!

I get the feeling this is more of that cultural blindspot stuff.

"Ceremony?"

"Why yes, your marriage ceremony, of course?"

"Marriage?!"

"Yes? You are mated are you not? This is simply to commemorate, that which already is."

Hmm, so, Tara's realm is at least a few days across? That's pretty big.
I wonder what else she could do, if she put her minds to it?

I also wonder about the inevitable daughter.
I think willow would have to be the birth mother.
Because while either of them could carry the child, the impregnation would have to be magical-y, and Tara's the magical one.

But hey, the ceremony could be the big spell-y thing to create the baby, and either (or both) of them could end up with children.
After all, it doesn't have to involve sex, just love.

:) i can't wait to see what happens next.

I bet it involves floral lei's :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks Zampsa - Oh, we will get much more about the ceremony :)

Azirahael - You've been reading ahead again somehow, haven't you? It's a teensy bit more complicated than that. But not much! :)

And, oh yes, Tara's not been working on a small scale. The whole of the faery realm is VAST (logically it'd need/be able to be to take account of this method of creation) and her chunk isn't small at all.

I'm not dealing with it in this story, but I'd never made the assumption Willow would need to be the birth mother. In fact, I had it the other way around if I considered it at all (which was not much). 'Impregnation' here is an act of will & love, not something physical. It's also mutual. I think - in my head - I'd assumed it would be Tara simply based off the fact it was her mother and 'partner' who both had children... However T/W would be a different arrangement.

Don't forget Willow is also magical, but in a different way... But since I don't need/intend to cover it in this story... I can wait to set those rules :) Thanks.

Just as a note, I finished the final draft polish for this story this morning. So everything is done now... We'll have 27 formal parts and then 1 or 2 (due to length) of 'Epilogue' and 'outtakes' to come after that.

The next part will be posted later today (my time!)

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 23 - 04/03/15
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:07 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty-Four
Summary: I think maybe you can guess where this is going without me telling you? I mean, I did give it away at the very beginning!
Notes: So, historically, I’ve had this thing about Tara and Willow marrying. I’ve resisted it. It’s nothing about them really, apart from not ‘needing’ it. It’s more about me and my impression of the requirement to be able to use the words. Oh, I’ve always supported, sought and demanded the rights, but I was firmly in the camp of ‘call it what you like as long as you let it happen.’ I – personally - didn’t need the religious approved/hetero-normative “marriage” to solidify a relationship so long as the legal rights and protections were there. “Marriage” was what (just as a word) wound the opposition up and – for a long time – prevented the rights from accruing where they needed to for everyone’s benefit. Fortunately me and mine live in the UK where the situation has been less ‘extreme’ than in some other places, so perhaps I could afford the nuance.
Anyway… Since my civil partnership, we’ve discussed ‘marriage’ a few times and never gone through with it. But… knowing more people who have gone that route and use that word which is their perfect, hard earned, right. So, here, Tara and Willow get married.
Kind of.
Thanks to: Everyone who takes a minute to understand the note above and where it’s coming from. Don’t jump on me! Only four more parts to go after this…

“Where’s Tara?” she asked again.

They were hurrying her along and this really wasn’t the outfit to hurry in. But then they ought to have known that given how she came to be wearing it.

“This way!” Miri insisted and the other two winged nymphs took up the same words, as they had all morning. It wasn’t mimicry. Not exactly. More… additional insistence.

They really wanted her to be somewhere. And quickly. What they could be showing her, she had no idea.

“I can’t move very quickly, Miri,” she complained.

“This would be much easier if you had wings,” Miri said. “Hurry! We’ll be late and I promised we wouldn’t be late.”

“Late for what?”

They wouldn’t tell her what was going on. Instead she’d been subjected to a tornado of ‘getting-ready.’ Three winged faeries – another kind of nymph – counted as a tornado. They had spent the last hour or so darting around her. And, well, there was no other way to put it. It’d gotten just a bit little weird.

First they’d stripped her naked – mostly by demolishing the clothes she’d been wearing – and then hustled her into a very cold waterfall and encouraged her to wash. Then, apart from plucking her clothes from her, they’d plucked and shaved… well, let’s just say that she hadn’t seen a razor for a while.

And now I don’t need to.

How they did that with just fingers and wickedly sharp knives she had no idea. But it hadn’t hurt as much as a wax and the results were… well, they were pleasantly smooth after feeling like a bit of a sasquatch. Tara hadn’t complained and somehow she hadn’t been afflicted (benefits of this being her world probably) but it was nice to be back to… less-sasquatch and more twentieth century girl who made her own choices about her personal grooming.

And Tara didn’t have to worry, Miri and co hadn’t gotten too intimate. Not once she’d made the point about where they shouldn’t be going.

It was only after that that – and being instructed to stay naked until she was absolutely dry – that they’d really set about her in earnest.

While one of the three had styled her hair into something less ginger-mess and more Celtic-goddess, the other two had – literally - stitched her into a dress they’d made around her.

Not once had she been pricked or prodded or had any cause to complain. But all the same, the dress had been put on around her and stitched freehand by small, nimble hands (and a few equally small, nimble slaps when she moved more than was deemed acceptable – i.e. at all.)

Two hours of that and…

I’m a princess.

I don’t know
why I’m a princess, but… this is what every little girl who ever dreamed wanted when she grew up.

I’m a princess who better not sit down or she’ll showing off rather too much of royal-tush when this dress splits. Or the royal-haha.

It wasn’t that the dress was ‘tight’ exactly – though it clung to and gave her curves she’d never known she had – but more that it felt like a second skin and surely it couldn’t be as resilient and flexible as that could it?

Bearing in mind where – or what – was likely to pop out if she discovered the answer to that question, caution was to be advised. She certainly wasn’t testing it. And so the shuffling run…

“This way,” Miri insisted. “Come on!”

When there was more than one of the smaller nymph’s, something of a pack mentality evidently took over. Together they were bolder, more confident and generally bossier.

Yes, ‘tornado’ was exactly the right term.

“Where are we going? What’s this ceremony? Miri, slow down!”

-----------------------------

She and Willow both entered the stand of trees at the same time, but from opposite directions. It was something that Miri – at least – was obviously very pleased about.

Split second timing…

Impressive but it rather made this all about them and…

“Oh, my… You’re beautiful.”

She couldn’t help herself on seeing Willow. Someone – Miri and her friends – had obviously made a great big effort and…

Oh.

Right.

Now she saw what this was.

She spun on Niamh, who was grinning just as widely as Miri. Just as pleased with herself too.

And why not. She’d managed to spring… Well… this.

“Tara? What is this?” Willow asked as they came together at the meeting of the two paths. “Who are all these people? Where did they come from?”

‘People’ being a loose definition. Because in truth perhaps half the gathering could be believed to be ‘people’ meaning broadly human shaped. Otherwise… great birds. An honest to goodness centaur. Stags and Does. Treated more like guests than indulged as an animal would be at a comparable human event.

And there were a lot of them.

She’d given up counting rows at fifteen with ten beings in each on both sides of the glade.

And at the front, before everyone? What could only be described as an altar, for all that it was bare wood.

“What’s going on?”

“Well, I think… I think we’re supposed to get married.”

“What?!”

“I think we’re supposed to get married,” Tara said.

“What?!”

She couldn’t help it. She didn’t even mean it like that. Not that it was a bad thing. Just an unexpected thing. A thing she hadn’t expected. Not bad at all. Just… not what had been top of her mind at the moment. Tara had been, sure. But marrying Tara? Honestly, she hadn’t got past daydreams about their coming years together, some of them just a little bit sexy.

But never once really stopping and thinking what that might involve. Except the sexy, of course.

“I mean – are you sure?” she asked.

“What does it look like to you?” Tara asked. She seemed to have been taken by surprise too though. This had been done to both of them.

Something they had to deal with then. “So… what do we do?” she asked. It wasn’t, she realised, a ringing endorsement of her feelings, was it? “I mean… I – it’s not even legal back home is it? I mean – what would marriage mean?”

“I think it means we’re in love, committed and there’s not going to be anyone else? I think.”

“Oh. That.”

“I know.”

“It… Don’t take this the wrong way.”

“Definitely not. I’m – I’m just as surprised as you are.”

“Good – I mean – Marriage doesn’t feel like the sort of thing you should just do without thinking about it properly?” she suggested, wincing. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to sound positive, but then… this was serious. “Unless you have been?”

“No – I mean, not – not for now,” Tara said.

“And… we don’t know these people, most of them?”

“No.”

“And… I think my Mom probably would kill me if I got married and she wasn’t there,” she said.

“And my Dad,” Tara added.

“So…”

Silence reigned for a few moments. But not many because everyone here waiting for them was… well, waiting for them.

“On the other hand…” It wasn’t quite that cut and dried was it?

“Oh?”

“I’m… I’m wearing the most gorgeous dress – not that it’s a good reason to get married but no one’s ever going to sew me into a dress again?” Or help her with other preparations.

“It – you are lovely.”

“Thank you – and also,” she said, “I don’t think we can get married at home. Not unless we went to Canada.”

“That’s true too. And, you know Canada. Lovely people. Lovely place but… It’s Canada,” Tara said. “No one would come.”

“I’d… sort of feel bad about our friends not being here either.” Looking around the glade, she really only knew Niamh and Miri – plus Miri’s friends who’d helped her get ready with tremendous attention to detail. “But – it looks like people here worked really hard.”

“And… I think they understand the truth,” Tara said quietly.

“The one where it is you and me, forever?”

“And the one where there’s no one and nothing else going to get in the way of that. They know it. They know we know it. To them… well, I really don’t think they see the point in pretending that it’s not true,” Tara explained. And of course Tara had spent more time with Niamh, her sister, and so knew their character a little better than she’d had chance to.

Their character? What about mine? Because… this is seeming like a really good idea.

“So it’s not just a celebration or a ceremony?”

“No,” Tara said. “To them, it’s just what is.”

“And it wouldn’t be a bad thing…” she said.

“No. Definitely not bad, per se.”

“Plus, until California catches up this might be the best we can do.”

“Yes. It might be.”

“And this is a really lovely dress. I’ll never get into it again because it’ll never come off intact. I mean, if you rip my clothes of me – literally rip – then it should be in a really good cause right? We’d want it to be memorable for more than just that…”

Yes. I really am talking myself into getting married right now. Or the local version of that anyway…

She’d always been wary of the last part of the ‘love, honour and obey’ thing, it sounded so archaic. But she could do love and honour and – seriously – ‘obey’ really didn’t sound that bad at all. Not when it was Tara she’d be taking instructions from. It fact – in some circumstances – it really sounded kinda like a good time.

“I – you want me to rip it off you?”

“Baby, you’ll have to. I’m really serious, Miri sewed me into it. So unless it dissolves under moonlight… You don’t think it does do you? When does the moon come up?” The idea of being stood here in a dress that was dissolving around her… No.

“I’m sure that moonlight has nothing to do with this,” Tara promised.

All the same, she’d already decided she needed to check with Miri

“So… we’re really doing this?” She took Tara’s hand as she asked. It was probably going to be taken as a hint but fine… hints were fine.

Yes. I want to kind of marry you and one day I want to actually marry you and stand up in my world and say all those things. But for now… standing up in yours is close enough.

“I… guess.”

“You don’t sound very certain,” she said. “If you don’t want to then we’re totally not doing it.”

“No! I mean – yes – I mean, I want to – if you do.”

“I do. But that’s for later the ‘I do’ thing. I do though. I want to. But you look…”

Tara gestured to herself. “I’m not – I don’t have a dress like yours…”

“Maybe they have a nice tuxedo?” she wondered.

“Haha.”

“Seriously. Tara. You’d look so hot in a tux jacket. Maybe with nothing underneath… I’m sorry, what was I saying?”

“Oh, you were off in your fun-time-fantasy-land. Again,” Tara said, which was ironic considering where they were and who she was.

“Maybe we should ask…?” she suggested.

“No – everyone’s here. I just… I didn’t – you look so beautiful and I… I’m not a mess but I just look like… me,” Tara said.

“Well, it’s you I’m marrying,” she replied, making that a stated fact for the first time. Felt good. Not as good – she was willing to bet – as saying that she was married to Tara. Currently. In the present tense. But… good all the same. “Let’s ask Niamh.”

“No - ”

“Niamh?” she called to Tara’s sort-of-sister.

“Are you ready?” Niamh asked after coming over.

“Well, we’re decided,” she said. “We’re doing this.”

“Was that a question?”

“Not really, but we had to realise that,” she said. “But – after all Miri and her friends did, is there not a dress for Tara? Or maybe a tuxedo?” Tuxedo. Tuxedo. Please let there be a tuxedo… Without a shirt.

“Oh… I didn’t think,” Niamh said.

“It’s okay – I can, I can do this as I am,” Tara promised.

“No. I assumed – I thought you’d know. I’m sorry. Tara, we – our people – we’re naked when we take part in the joining.”

Eyes definitely went wide.

Jaws may have dropped.

And after that, there was at least one wide grin.

And, oh yes, it’s mine.

I’m going to be a bad, bad wife.

“Naked?”

“It’s tradition,” Niamh said. “I never thought you would not know. Or realised that it was not the same where you come from.”

“Yeah, Tara, tradition. You wouldn’t want to break your own family traditions would you?”

In a moment that she felt so much in love with Willow, it was curious just how hard she could glare at her.

Of course, this was the essence of Willow. Mischievous love and desire was a big part of who she was.

“Willow’s not naked,” she pointed out.

“No. But Willow is from the outside,” Niamh said.

“Me. Outside,” Willow added, pointing at herself. “You… inside. Come on, Maclay, get ‘em off.”

“Willow…”

“All these people are here. They’re expecting to see us join and they’re expecting you to be naked. Tell her why, Niamh.”

It was very obvious that perhaps only the availability of a tuxedo – and the lack of a matching shirt - would’ve saved her, but since there wasn’t one in this entire world, she wasn’t going to get any help from the woman she was about to join with.

The person who should’ve been on her side. No matter what.

But, of course, Willow wanted to marry her… naked.

As shocking as the general idea was, Willow’s thoughts on the matter… not so much. She might’ve expected some of that support and she was certain Willow wouldn’t ever force her to do that if she was dead against it.

But if there was the slightest chance that she’d do what was expected here and feel okay with it? Oh, Willow was going to be very supportive of that idea rather than her reticence over it.

And it was worth years of teasing.

Years during which the discomfort would long ago have faded away and she would be able to smile and laugh about it.

Still more years where she’d look back and remember that – the day they got married – nothing had sagged or gone grey or been anything less than perfectly desirable to the woman she loved.

And in exchange for all that? A few minutes of… not shame, not exactly. More… reticence. It definitely wasn’t how she’d been raised.

But it was how Momma was raised. She knew this… Maybe she’d even have expected it. If she’d been here – and she would’ve been, if she could…

Despite the conservative nature of the place they’d lived, back home, Momma had never allowed her to be in the slightest bit ashamed of who she was. Not physically, not emotionally and not sexually – though that had been a bit theoretical when Momma had passed.

Even her father had never judged her when things became less theoretical. But she couldn’t see him being happy about a naked wedding day.

Especially when she’d be the only one who was naked.

Correction, the only one who usually wore clothes who… wouldn’t be. There were plenty of naked individuals there. But a centaur in a suit? That would just be another level of weird.

But then there’d be no photographs. No such thing here. Just memories. And the abiding memory would be…

I went home and I got married. To the girl of my heart and my dreams.

As Willow had requested, Niamh did start to explain but she cut it short. “I’ll do it.”

“Tradition – huh?” Willow asked, like she was suddenly having second thoughts.

“I’ll do it,” she said.

“You will?”

Willow’s question was almost ‘Did I just talk my wife into being naked when she marries me? Did I mean to do that? And what’s it going to cost me later?’

“To marry you… Yes.” And to prove it, before she lost her nerve, she unzipped her clothes, the ones she’d brought from home and neatly folder them. Quickly followed by her underwear.

No one was disturbed by it in the slightest. Not a titter.

Well, one person was.

But that’d been obvious and predictable.

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 24 - 04/03/15
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:08 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Yay for the wedding... Can't wait for the actual proceedings and their private party afterwards...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:55 am 
9. Gay Now

Aww, at least on Betazed, they have the decency to make everyone to show up naked :P

I remember from one of the TNG books:
"Why are earthmen so hairy?"
Ryker: "Traction."

Also:
Picard: "A formal Betazed wedding? Well if anyone wants me, i'll be in the gym."

Heh.
Well, i thought it was funny.

but anyway, nice to see that Mr Maclay was not such an evil dick in this story.
Opinion is divided in most stories as to whether he's evil, psychotic or possessed.
Nice to see some variety.

Plus i think willow should relax about the dress, it's probably stretchy. :)

But i find myself wondering about Miri/Hiamh being sneaky.
Why would you spring a surprise wedding on someone?
I mean, Anya and Xander, sure. Because people actually want it to happen, and are sick of the stuffing around.
but why are the new people springing it on the girls?

I look forward to finding out. :bounce
Also i have two three weddings to write up, so i'll be taking notes :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Zampsa - Thank you, as ever. And well done on dibs, as ever :)

Proceedings are coming. More the aftermath of the party though :)

Azirahael - LOL, Star Trek... not seen that in years!

I was never quite so happy with the idea of Mr Maclay as evil dick in any reality (including canon) but certainly not here. Simply put, the background is different and so there's no story reason to make him so. Better to do away with all that in a happier story.

Willow and the dress. Well, yes, but it's already stretched :)

Don't read too much into the surprise ceremony! Certainly don't put it down to evil intentions!!

Thanks

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 25 - 06/03/15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:47 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Tara and Willow – The Blessed Unrest – Chapter Twenty-Five
Summary: It’s a wedding. Tara is naked. I think we established that last time. And no, it’s not someone’s bad/sexy dream…
Notes: I had/have a tiny little scene with Buffy at the start of this part. If it’s immediately below, well then I guess that’s what my choice was. If it’s not… well, it would’ve been there but I clearly made a different stylistic choice. I left that right up to the point of posting to finally decide. What the scene shows/would’ve showed was Willow relating all of this to Buffy and Buffy’s shock at just one part of that (hint – not the gay part.) The reason I was back on forth on including that was because it was effectively making this into a story Willow (or Tara and Willow) were telling which I hadn’t really included so far in all this. Sure, it was nice and a cute scene (or is) but I am not sure just yet whether that’s the impression I want to give… So whatever you read below, that was my decision. Sometimes things stay or go on a whim!
Now, when I started this story, I selected the title ‘The Blessed Unrest’ due to my love for the album of the same name. On that very album was Sara Bareille’s possibly ONLY happy song. Oh, she has plenty of songs that sound happy, but when you get into the lyrics they come from another place. But, reportedly after a challenge from a fan who wanted a song he could play at his wedding, she wrote and released ‘I choose you.’
Now, I haven’t linked this story to the album as tightly as I intended to back then, the story went its own way, but here I am unashamedly going to take some of the lyrics and use them for my own purposes. Absolutely all the credit for that goes to Sara Bareilles while any of the blame for what doesn’t work goes to me.
Certainly I suggest you all go look the video up. Real couples getting engaged. Including two women (their behind the scenes stories mixed with the song – also on youtube – is unbelievably cute - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjE5D9cHiOk)
So… you can see where I’m going in this part? Right?
Oh, and finally, remember Tara’s all kinds of naked right now. That seems to be a thing I do… Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda had its own naked scene to kick things off. Can’t imagine why I keep doing that? Can you?
Thanks to:

Flash forward

“Whoa. Now wait. Wait just a minute,” Buffy said. “Now, I think I’ve been pretty good to this point, Will? Right? I’ve been good?”

“You’ve done really well, Buffy,” she happily agreed. Because it was true, after all. At least after she’d come around…

“Thank you. I’ve been willing to accept that you’re gay. I’ve willing to accept that you fell in love. I guess, if I accept that you’ve been away for longer than the night, then I have to be. I know how that works, I’ve been to other dimensions. So that’s all good.

“I’m even willing to accept that you got married – I’m supposed to say ‘Mozel tov’ by the way aren’t I - ?”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. But… Will, please. You really made your umm – co-bride, I guess I should call her that, you made her get married naked?” Buffy asked. “I’m struggling with that. I – I’m a little worried you might be bizarre-world Willow over that part, because that’s more like something she’d do.”

“Do I look like a vampire?”

“Not as skanky,” Buffy said. “But this is out of character, don’t you think?”

“Why?”

“Because it’s… weddings are about dresses. I know you think so, we had that conversation. More than once! We had magazines when I was going through that whole moping over Angel thing. But dresses, that’s the big thing. Looking beautiful and pretty in a lovely dress – and it sounds like you had one - ”

“I did.”

“So!? How could you make Tara get married naked?” Buffy demanded. “How could you do that to any girl, let alone your girl? Believe me when I say that your answer will determine how likely you are to be bizarro-Willow.”

She shook her head. “Buffy, it’s me. This isn’t bizarro at all. First of all, dresses and things – that’s a tradition here and there, Tara being naked was a tradition. Second… have you seen Tara naked?” she asked.

“No…”

“Well, good. But… I have.” Yes, just a tiny bit smug. “And believe me if you were in love with her and knew she looks as good as she does and – you know – gay then you’d be all in favour of tradition too.”

Not that it had been easy on her. Traditional or not.

“Tara, please - don’t worry! You’re beautiful,” Willow whispered.

“I’m naked,” she replied, still very much wondering what to do with her hands.

Or one of her hands. The other was linked to Willows and therefore not much use for covering herself. ‘Tied’ might’ve actually been a better way of putting it. A vine had climbed both their legs.

But since one of them wasn’t wearing anything and there’d been a moment – just a moment – when she remembered why it had been a very bad idea to sit through Evil Dead. A girl really shouldn’t have to think about that on her wedding day. It should absolutely be a rule.

Luckily enough – considering it was her mind that had called this part of this world into existence – the vine had simply joined their arms together and allowed them to clasp hands.

Better, definitely, but leaving her firstly with one only one hand to try to cover anything with and secondly not knowing what to do with it.

“Yes. And you’re beautiful. I told you. I told you over and over. We’re about to get married and I think that pretty much means that you have to believe me when I tell you you’re beautiful.”

“I’m naked.”

“No one cares,” Willow told her.

“You do,” she said.

“Well… yeah. Me. The outsider. But, trust me, I only see it as a good thing.”

The kiss which followed made her smile.

“If it really bothers you,” Willow whispered. “If this will spoil it for you… I want – I want this to be perfect? We can – I can send Miri for your clothes.”

She did give it a moment’s thought. Even just some underwear… But, these were her people and her family in some strange way and…

With Willow, the look in her eyes. She did feel beautiful. And the only self-consciousness was what she’d brought with her.

She shook her head fractionally, pleased with Willow’s smile. And then they had to wonder what was going to happen next. Which, funnily enough, seemed to be what the assembled guests were wondering too. Looking right back at them.

There didn’t seem to be a priest or a leader of some ritual or… anything. Just them. And a lot of people waiting for something to happen.

“What now?” she asked her sister, who happened to be the nearest individual she knew.

“Now you join.”

“We’re joined, Niamh,” Willow stage-whispered. “Strapped together like a tree and… I was really hoping the first time I said ‘strap’ with you, it’d be something different I was talking about, you know after we check out the mail order options but – what do we do now?”

Was a full body blush possible? Everyone else here might just have found out.

“Tell us,” Niamh said, looking uncomfortable. Something… well, something wasn’t quite right. Obviously. “You must tell us all.”

“That’s it? Isn’t there someone who’s going to tell us we’re married or something?”

“Why?”

“Well… someone with the authority to - ”

Looking a little uncomfortable, Niamh stepped forwards and it enabled her to lower her voice. “Perhaps – yes, I should explain more. You’re very… different. So is the place you are from. You think someone should give you permission to be joined? Is this what holds you back?”

“Well, I don’t know about permission,” Willow said. “Not as such.”

“Yes. That’s it exactly,” she said. “Well, it is. Think about it, Willow.”

With that her soon-to-be-wife was forced to nod. “I guess, yes, it’s like permission.”

Niamh shook her head. “This is you,” Niamh said, taking their joined hands. “Together.”

“Just this?”

“At its simplest,” Niamh said. “Who can give you permission to be so? Why would you need or want it? Are your lives lived by others?”

“No…”

“Then what could be the reason?”

“Tradition, I guess,” she said.

“And this is ours. Here, you are what you wish to be. How you live is all the permission you need. But our tradition is that you say so.”

“So… We’re joined. I could just say ‘we’re joined’?”

“You did,” Niamh said. “You said you’re joined and – that might be it. These good folk came from far and wide to be here. They probably want more than ‘we’re joined.’”

“Huh?”

“I think you married us a moment ago,” she explained.

“Ohhh. Ooops. Not bad oops, I wouldn’t take it back – but maybe, ‘oops that should’ve been more…’”

“Yes, they want a little more…”

Theatre?”

“Reason to celebrate,” Niamh corrected, but did seem to understand what ‘theatre’ meant.

“There’s a party?”

“Of course there’s a party.”

They looked at each other. Already married – inadvertently – sure, they could make that more expressive. But one thing first.

“This party?” she checked.

“Yes?”

“Can I get dressed first? Is that traditional?”

“Yes, you can.”

“Well, what kind of party’s that?” Willow demanded to know.

One deep breath.

Then another.

The words were there, the feelings and emotions and the love but she knew how they might come tumbling out and mixed up and get stumbled upon… This, this one things she wanted to do right.

No one would probably remember if she did get tongue tied, so long as she could let them hear what was in her heart.

What she wanted to say to Willow.

My Willow.

My wife.

In truth, there wasn’t much she could say that she hadn’t already – one way or another. Even so, this wasn’t really for the guests. It was really for them and their memories of this day and if lots of other people and beings happened to hear about their love… fine.

They were mated, as Miri would put it.

And they were joined – married - because Willow had basically blurted it out without understanding what they were doing. So… this was what it took to do it right.

All I have to do is say how I feel.

But where to start?

“These - ” She coughed, inhaling a bug just before she started speaking. Not the greatest start, but Willow was rapt in her attention. Eyes laden with sympathy.

And… you didn’t spit bugs at your own wedding, did you? So she did the ladylike thing and just swallowed it down. Hopefully it wasn’t some really small wedding guest…

“Sorry – Willow, these – I realised I never wrote you a love letter,” she said.

“You had no paper, baby, and before that, you didn’t know. So it’s okay.”

“Shush now, this is me talking. Kay?”

“Sorry.”

“I never wrote you a love letter, I feel like I should’ve done that – I feel like maybe I missed out on doing that and you missed out on reading it.”

She took another, more careful, breath. No bugs…

Better.

“So, these – these are really the first words of a lifelong love letter. From me to you.”

So far so good.

And then… it all poured out.

“I choose you, Willow Rosenberg. You found me in that group and I chose to come to you when things looked worse than anything.

“You chose to trust me. To come with me.”

No pun intended, but there was the tiniest hint of amusement that touched Willow’s lips in amongst a broader, loving expression. Yeah, she’d taken that the way it hadn’t been meant.

But that was Willow. She of the beautiful – dirty – mind.

“And I choose to join you – to marry you. I choose you to be in my life, because I can’t think what that would be like anymore. Without you, I mean. I can’t imagine what it would be without you.

“Nothing except worse.

“Everything changed when you looked at me, when you met my eyes in that meeting that – well, I didn’t go there looking for love. Or you. Or anything, much really by that point. The whole thing was kind of a bust. But something kept me going – like the universe was just waiting for us to find each other.

“Because this feels right. Because every day that we spend together I become more yours and it feels like you become more mine.”

Willow’s smile was back, agreeing with her.

Reassuring. It’d be awful to be wrong, in front of all these lovely people and beings who were here just to hear this. Somewhere out there – she was only looking at Willow – it seemed like someone or something sniffed back some emotion.

“It – it feels like we should tell everyone – tell the whole world, or all the worlds, that we got it right. That everything was just changed. Right then. In you. Hopes. Expectations. Everything…”

Willow wanted to kiss her. Okay, that wasn’t unusual, Willow frequently wanted to kiss her and rarely held back from it either, but this time she didn’t let it happen.

Often she’d have naturally preferred kissing to talk. Because, well, Willow. Also because the evidence suggested she was much better at kissing than talking.

Not this time though.

“My whole heart’s yours,” she said. “You told me the name of the parts once and… all of them, they don’t seem very romantic now but… See? See what you’ve done to me? You’ve got me talking just like you do too?”

Willow’s eyes were sparkling with tears. Happy tears.

Well, she hoped.

“I’ve become yours,” she said. “Already a done deal. And I think, maybe you’re becoming mine?

“Say something, baby, please?”

--------------------------------

No pressure then.

Follow that if you can.

If her arm and hand hadn’t been secured to Tara’s already by the twisting vine, then she’d have had to grab it. But… touching as they were, clutching each other as they were, their magical/mental/loving connection was already complete.

She knew everything that was behind Tara’s words. Not only felt them resonate in her own feelings, but also felt the powerful truth in them. It was like… they had one love in two parts. And Tara couldn’t feel what she did unless she did and she did so Tara did and -

And then… what could she say? She looked around hunting for inspiration to even come close to the beauty of Tara’s words. Looking around wasn’t much help.

What do I say?

But looking around, she was quite, quite certain that someone here – maybe Tara herself – had influenced things so that they were simply perfect.

Even the sunlight was like a fantasy, like the most artful movie… Streaming through leaves and a light mist that did nothing but make it appear beautiful.

There wasn’t a cloud in the skies around them but off in the distance, the sky was reddening so that when sunset came – after they were done, no doubt – there’d be that too.

The spot itself was a glade at the heart of a forest that over weeks and months had revealed nothing worse than pine-needles getting in unfortunate places. Designed/dreamt by the woman she loved.

The girl of her dreams had dreamed this place up and that made them her dreams too – and in a very real way.

Okay, so she’d not really understood that there was a girl of her dreams when she arrived here but… turned out there was.

And that girl was right here.

Naked.

Saying beautiful things that she had no idea how to match.

Tara might have felt uncomfortable, but no one else cared. Tradition was important and beauty was undeniable.

Perfection wasn’t impossible, it was actually all around her.

And despite the fact she wasn’t one of the nymphs or the other beings that dwelt here, she felt at home all the same.

Home is where she is.

It always would be. Perky, brown haired and all kinds of delightful. One day, she was sure, a little less perky, grey and still all kinds of delightful – one day. And she couldn’t wait for that either. She couldn’t wait for all the days or any of them. Tara was where she wanted to be.

Some things were just right.

And those things were few in number in a life, if hers was anything to go by. What people told you was important… wasn’t. What was expected of you really didn’t matter. Not unless you really felt it.

She’d thought she’d known what that was like, assumed that a deep friendship would turn into love. Believed it had happened simply because she didn’t know any better what the difference was.

Didn’t know this.

Everything she’d been quite certain of had simply been… based on the lack of a deeper understanding of herself and the world.

It had been no one’s fault. Okay, maybe her own fault but no one else’s.

And when she’d lost what she thought was important… she’d thought she needed to be crushed. She’d made her own emotions real. But… part of her reaction – she recognised it now – had been relief. Relief that it had all gone wrong before things had gone further and gone wrong in a worse way. Relief that – ultimately – she was free of those expectations.

Even though they’d been her own.

Relief had been wrong. Not something she could admit, even to herself. Anyone would’ve told her that, because they didn’t know. They didn’t understand. And so… denial. Burying the relief in the loss.

And then… Tara.

Where it was all just… right.

Never any need to hide. Never any need to assume that one thing was another. That a friendship was a love. A love was always a friendship. This love, at least. Never any need to accept second best because you didn’t know or understand what ‘best’ actually was.

Tara, obviously.

Tara who was being just as patient as all their guests. Patient with her. Tara and her endless patience… Tara who, she was sure, might’ve waited months or years to even smile at her again if she thought it wasn’t the right time. But would always be there, ready with it.

Tara whose smile lit up a room as well as her heart.

Tara who’d shown her what love really was.

And desire too… Oh, the desire.

The trouble was… all these people had come here to see them ‘join’ or ‘marry’ if you preferred – and she did prefer. And the act of that here, in this place, was to say so. Just that…

All this that she knew, how did she put it into words? After what Tara had managed to say? How did she compete with that? No, there was no need to compete. That was kind of the point. So how did she complement it?

She realised that her cheeks were wet. They were wet with her own tears. Tara was stricken, didn’t quite understand – even with their connection - that… It wasn’t pressure or second thoughts or something Tara had said.

Well, it was everything Tara had said, but… not at all in a bad way.

There’d been a question at the end there though.

One that had to be answered, at the very least. And what could she say? Well, there seemed to be only one way to start.

“Yes. Yes, of course I’m yours, silly sausage.”

Tara laughed, almost crying herself – but laughing and things shook that… inspired and made her laugh more.

“I’m happy,” she said. “I’m happy, Tara. That’s all.” Then to all of them. “I’m happy. I’m happier than I’ve ever been and I know I’ll be happy for the rest of my life. I just hope I’ll one day make you as happy as you’ve already made me. It’s something to live for, something to aim for. Goals are important and… I promised myself I wouldn’t babble.

“I… I don’t know what to say. I’m not good with words – or I am, I just don’t know when to stop being good with them.”

It was a good line, though it was just the truth. Chuckles and smiles and the centaur equivalent – she guessed – rippled around the glade.

“So I want to keep it simple.”

She took a deep breath.

“Tara Maclay… I love you. I’m going to keep loving you.

“Forever.

“You chose me, you said so. But… I choose you too.”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 25 - 06/03/15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:05 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for happy proceedings...

Post subject: Re: Tara and Willow - The Blessed Unrest - Chp 25 - 06/03/15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:44 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
That was a wonderful way to do the ceremony. I also liked how Tara and Niamh obviously haven't talked about the subject enough for her sister to just say "Oh here the only part of the ceremony is the exchange of vows. No need for all that other stuff."

The emotional turmoil both girls went through as they desperately tried to put their feelings into words on the spot was fun too. Gotta love how Willow found herself at a loss for words for once in her life.

And it was fun to see a little of Buffy too. Can't wait for the after party.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next