The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tjwiltshire's short & random works...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
So, Laragh won, and as a result, I wrote her this awful Willow/Tara Sonnet...

Willow and Tara.
For Laragh.
Aha, that rhymed.

The shy girl looked up from her seat in the corner,
Her blue eyes met the green of the cute redhead,
Surprised was she to find she instantly adored her,
With rapt attention she listened to what the girl said.

Though unable to speak up because of her stutter,
The Gentlemen came and their paths crossed again,
As their hands met she could feel her heart flutter,
To the Goddess she prayed in her life Willow would remain.
An extra flamey candle and a whispered “Oh yes,”
Smiles adorned both faces upon every subtle caress.

Calling upon Blind Cadria out of desperation,
The sight of the Scoobies her awry spell did blot,
Spike’s chip the reason for their salvation,
With relief they embraced, for a demon Tara was not.

Post subject: Re: tjwiltshire's short & random works...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
First comment! :D

Good work. I remember having to write Sonnets in one of my English classes a year or so ago, and I remember hating them. :laugh I think you did a really good job with this one though, and I really like it :)

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oh I hate poetry with a burning passion.

And you're very kind. I think it's awful lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:23 pm 
9. Gay Now

tjwiltshire wrote:
Oh I hate poetry with a burning passion.

And you're very kind. I think it's awful lol

No, no, it's really great :D

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Aha, you guys are too nice :P

Seriously, it was just an off the cuff poem I did that I was cringing at the entire time :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:22 pm 
9. Gay Now

tjwiltshire wrote:
Aha, you guys are too nice :P

Seriously, it was just an off the cuff poem I did that I was cringing at the entire time :P

Well, I still think you did a good job :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thanks -scratches head awkwardly-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 am 
23. Volumey Text

I liked it too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you ^_^

I'm about to post a one-shot thing, let me know what you guys think? :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Title:
Author: tjwiltshire
Email: toniiwiltshire@gmail.com
Rating: G
Disclaimer: A vague disclaimer is no-one's friend. I'm sure that's been said a thousand times but I still chuckled to myself anyways. Characters belong to Mutant Enemy/Joss Whedon, I just put the words together :) Minor spoilers from "Family".
Summary: Just something that I wrote late on a Sunday night. Tara reflecting on how her life has changed post-Willow. Based on a poem which I made a post about here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10309

Tara knelt alongside some of the wild flowers that were growing, carefully setting down her books to avoid crushing any. Her hand breezed over a few of the flowers, the light magic within her calling the flowers out of the earth. She willed the handful of flowers to remain airborne for a moment while she tugged her hair free from the hairband and ran her fingers through it. Gently, she plucked the flowers from the air and assembled them into what she was sure looked like a carefully considered arrangement. Twisting the hairband around the stems, her eyes scanned over the flowers to ensure they remained intact. She smiled, murmuring a soft thank you to the earth. Gathering up her things and placing the handmade bouquet on top, she made her way to the Magic Box.
Until recently, she would have kept her head down whilst walking, but over the course of the summer, Tara was surprised to realise that she was squaring her shoulders a little more and holding her head high as she strolled through life. Tara felt a grin spread across her face as she thought about the cause of her confidence boost.

Willow.

Willow, who had stood up for her against her family even after the awry spell she had cast.

Willow, who had held her all that night, through the tears and details of the abuse Tara had suffered as a child; finally being able to talk about her home life having lifted a weight off the brunette’s shoulders.

Tara no longer hid her face behind her hair. She had even noticed a reduction in the frequency with which she stuttered. All of these changes made Tara feel less transparent. Until recently, she had found comfort in blending into her surroundings, going unnoticed. Not anymore. She had purpose. She mattered.
She pushed the door to the Magic Box, the left side of her lips turning up into her signature half smile as she laid eyes on her redhead. Willow looked up at the sound of the bell and her face split into a grin when she saw who had come in. Tara’s eyes creased affectionately and she gave Willow a little wave as she got the flowers some water. The redhead patted the space on the bench next to her, her tongue cheekily poking out between her teeth. Tara said a soft hello to everyone else and moved quickly to the offered seat. Willow’s hand immediately found her girlfriend’s thigh and gave it a quick squeeze. Tara placed the flowers on the table. Willow was unable to hide her smile at her girlfriend’s close relationship with nature.
Oblivious to the redhead’s musings, Tara quickly kissed Willow’s cheek, her mouth lingering by her ear.
“Stay with me?” she murmured.
Willow turned her head slightly, kissing the brunette’s nose and smiling reassuringly.
“Always,” she whispered, placing a quick kiss on her girlfriend’s lips to seal the promise before turning back to the table, which had books scattered over it in what seemed like random disarray.
Tara smiled again and tucked some hair behind her ear. She watched as Willow concentrated on the text in front of her, and joined their hands together. She sent a silent prayer of thanks that this beautiful, smart and kind redhead was in her life. Then she made a promise to herself:

She would never become a ghost again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm 
9. Gay Now

Good work once again :) I really like it, more so than I did with the poem (Which I still think is great :P)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow... that was absolutely amazing. I don't even really know why... but for some reason that made me cry a little. It was beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Pavlov'sBell - thanks! Anything is better than that poem :P x

Dennio - WOW! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it, and I'm sorry it made you cry x

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Well done voyage into Tara's inner mind.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you guys ^_^