The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trust Me (update 06/15/2014)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Title: Trust Me

Author: indigokane

Rating: PG-13 (for now, gonna pick up later!)

Disclaimer: The characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy, those heartless, soulless sons of- anyways! If they had been mine Season 6 would have been better, Season 7 NEVER would have happened, and the show would still be going strong.

Feedback: If i didn't want feedback, i wouldn't post. And if you catch mistakes or errors, TELL ME!!!

Summary: I always wondered two things about the end of Season 6: What DID Tara do while she was away from Willow and the Scoobies and why were her and Willow in her dorm room for that one scene in 'Seeing Red'. So i tried to fill in some blanks, but with a bit of a twist, hope you don't mind.

Thanks to Knightlylove for being a wonderful beta and putting up with my crazy self!!! And big thanks to Ariel for being just as supportive. OK guys, I did it! I posted!

Thoughts are in italics.

Trust Me

During Seeing Red:

The door was not even closed behind them, before they were reaching to hold each other again. Willow gave it a hard shove and disregarded the slam as Tara’s hands caught her by her hips and pulled her into her waiting arms. She wasn’t sure why Tara had insisted on moving their research efforts back to her dorm room, but who was she to argue? Tara’s hands moved to tangle themselves in Willow’s fire red hair as she pulled Willow into another long and soul searching kiss. Willow wrapped her arms around Tara’s waist, a murmur of desire escaping into Tara’s mouth.

“Hmmmmm, I never want this to end.” she groaned, kissing the side of Tara’s face fervently, her hands running restlessly in circles over Tara’s back and shoulders.

Pulling gently on Willow’s hair, Tara tilted her red head a little further to one side, exposing more of Willow’s neck to her warm and hungry lips.

“It doesn’t have to,” she murmured, just behind Willow’s ear.

She nipped playfully at Willow’s ear and was delighted to feel Willow’s body rocked by a shudder. When Willow’s hands wound themselves in her long blonde hair and the gentle tug produced a delicious tingle from her scalp all the way down her spine, Tara made a decision. She knew exactly what she wanted to do tonight.

She wanted to teach Willow a lesson.

She prayed to every goddess her mind could think of that Willow would want to learn.

With a deep chuckle she realized Willow was starting to move her towards the bed, alternating between tugging and pushing, never allowing their bodies to pull apart even the slightest fraction.

With a pang of regret Tara resisted, but she knew that if Willow was willing, what she had in mind had the potential to blow all their other lovemaking clean out of the water. But how to convince her?

“W-Willow? Baby?”

Willow reluctantly pulled her mouth from Tara’s collarbone, slightly surprised to hear her lover stutter. She pulled back, but only far enough to allow her to look in Tara’s eyes.

Tara felt her heart ache at the concern in Willow’s eyes.

“Tara? Honey? What’s wrong? What did I do?” she couldn’t keep the fear from her voice, but she couldn’t care less.

Tara’s heart surged.

“Oh baby! Baby, nothing. You didn’t do anything. I j-just… I wanted… I-I- thought we…”, she cringed as she realized she was getting too nervous.

No fear she reminded herself. This is willow. My lover, my soul mate, my everything. I can do this.

Willow’s green eyes were searching hers. She took a deep breath and forced herself to continue.

Tara took Willow’s face in her hands smiling her trademark lopsided grin, and was relieved to see Willow’s eyes starting to sparkle again.

“There’s… there’s something I want us to try. Something … different.” she knew her uncertainty was written across her face, she hoped it wouldn’t worry Willow.

A small smile played across Willows lips, and curiosity lit up her face. She rested her hands on Tara’s hips and gave her just the tiniest bit more space, hoping it came across as encouraging.

“You, you want to try something?” Nervousness became a third person in the room.

Tara tenderly stroked Willow’s hair back from her face, tracing her fingertips over Willow’s cheek. Now or never, her mind whispered to her.

“It’s something a friend taught me…” she began, searching for the right words.

Shock flitted across Willow’s face.

“A f-friend t-t-taught you?”

Instantly Tara realized she had chosen the absolute wrong words and regretted it

“NO!” she exclaimed, shocked by how loud her own voice had risen.

She closed her eyes for a moment, and centered herself. The next few moments were crucial, her words had to be exactly right or it might never work.

Willow’s mind was racing as she waited for Tara to continue. Taught her?! But Tara had said… she wouldn’t of just- but- but…

Tara’s expression became serious as she held Willow’s face firmly still, making sure Willow was looking directly into her eyes.

“T-T-ara-” Willow began.

Tara quieted her with lingering a kiss.

“Shhhh, shhhh, shhhh. Oh honey. I said it wrong. Please don’t be afraid. Relax. I just worded it wrong. I swear.” She pulled Willow tightly to her and lovingly stroked her neck and back hoping her mistake hadn’t destroyed everything.

She pulled back again, locking Willow’s gaze with her deep blue eyes.

“She didn’t teach me, I swear to you. There was no way I could bring myself to even think of anyone else while we were apart. I just said it wrong baby. Please, honey, trust me.”

Willow’s heart stuttered at the desperation in Tara’s voice. She forced herself to take a deep breath and try to relax. Her lover was trying so hard to tell her something, something that seemed to be important, almost crucial to Tara herself. She had to let her finish.

“Of course I trust you,” she placed her hand on the side of Tara’s face, brushing lightly across her full lips with her thumb.

Tara slowly smiled as the last traces of fear left her and she felt their energies sync back up. She lowered her hands to Willow’s hips and gave her a little tug towards the bed.

“Let’s sit down. It’s going to take a few minutes to explain.”

The sly smile that graced Willow’s lips and the way Willow’s hands returned to her hips made her sigh inwardly with relief.

Good save she thought to herself. Trouble said this might be hard at first… but goddess! And I still have to explain what I want to try. PLEASE LET ME GET THIS RIGHT! I want so badly for this to work.

As they situated themselves on the bed, legs intertwining, holding each others hands, Tara’s mind raced…

--------

After Hells Bells:

It had without a doubt been one of her longest, loneliest nights without Willow. They had been apart for two and a half months and her aching need for Willow had become overpowering. Willow was doing so much better, and every time they were near each other…. It took everything she had within her not to skip everything and just pull her close and never let go.

She had finished all of her work for her classes and had found herself, she had to face it, hiding in her room. A girl from one of her classes had asked her out to a movie, but she had refused, sensing the girls interest in her. She had no interest in anyone but Willow, and had begged off, exaggerating how much homework she simply had to get done.

Alone in her room with her thoughts overwhelming her, Tara began to feel the old claustrophobia coming back. She had to get out, do something, maybe talk to someone? But who? As much as she loved the gang, she just couldn’t handle seeing them while she felt so lonely, so vulnerable. She just wasn’t ready.

Out of the chaos raging in her mind, a single name rang out. Trouble.

She had met Trouble in one of her art classes. She was older, a full ten years older then Tara herself, but warm, kind, and generous. She had stuck up for Tara years ago, before she had met Willow, when some guys in class started giving her a hard time. They weren’t close friends, but every so often Tara had gone to her for support when she needed it. She had convinced Tara to stick it out after a grueling start to her freshman year, reminding her that better things were coming. And it was Trouble who had suggested the Wicca group as a way to meet people. That advice had led her to Willow.

Yes. Trouble was just the person she needed right now.

She made her way quickly to Trouble’s tiny apartment above the hardware store, hoping she was there. She really couldn’t think of anyone else to talk to, or any other way to ease her mind.

As she reached the top of the stairs, she could hear music in the hallway. The Bangle’s “In Your Room” was playing loudly behind the apartment door and rhythmic thudding was echoing in the hallway. One of the virtues of Sunnydale was the sheer amount of things you could get away with, with barely a passing notice from others.

She knocked loudly on the door, hoping she could be heard. She stifled a giggle as she heard a crash and a smattering of swear words in a mixture of languages.

She smiled fondly. Trouble was even more of an outcast goofball then she herself had been, which had been why Tara felt comfortable around her, even safe. Not nearly as good as she felt around Willow and the gang, but Trouble had been a welcome refuge from the strangers that surrounded her everyday in her classes.

The music ended abruptly, and a falsetto voice called from beyond the door. “Who is it?”

She found herself glancing around nervously before giving the required reply.

“Who do you want it to be?”

There was a rattle of chains, and the door flew open with a bang. And Tara looked…… down.

Standing in the doorway was, without a doubt, the strangest person Tara had ever known.

Trouble was a mere 5 feet tall, cursed with the ideal full figured body in miniature. No wispy waif, her full breasts and hips and strong frame were like looking at a scale replica of an average sized woman. Tara remembered her once complaining that the bane of her existence were men who wanted to play with her as if she were a doll.

She hadn’t really changed since the last time they had seen one another, was it really a year ago? Her auburn hair was long now, pulled into a ponytail, but everything else was the same. The same glasses, mischievous blue eyes and impish grin, still wearing jeans, tank-top and combat boots. It was that the lack of change that was most reassuring. It reminded her this was still the woman who had asked those “boys” which body part they were going to sacrifice to keep harassing her.

“OUTSTANDING!” As always, Trouble was full of enthusiasm and energy.

“If it isn’t the jolly giant wiccan!” in a flash she grabbed Tara by the hand and yanked her through the door, slamming it after she was inside.

“Wait, stop. Let me look at you.” Tara felt like she was fresh out of high school again, looking down bashfully as Trouble looked her over.

Nervously she met Troubles gaze, waiting.

Troubled favored her with a warm, gentle smile, then impulsively hugged her.

Tara let out a startled “oof”, but returned the hug, giving Trouble an added squeeze, and giggling when Trouble gasped.

“Still strong I see,” Trouble managed to squeak.

They let go of each other, and once again Trouble gave her an appraising look.

“You, young lady, are looking better then ever. Gotta say, it’s a good thing your taken.”

Tara smiled shyly. She had come a long way from the nervous wallflower Trouble had rescued that first day in class.

“It’s great to see you too,” she hesitated. “Um, are you busy? O-or, is there anyone here? I-I- I kind of n-n-need to t-talk.”

For the briefest second sadness glinted in Trouble’s eyes.

“Still fighting that stutter, huh?”

“Not so m-much now.”

“Hmmmm,” Trouble looked thoughtful.

Tara didn’t bother hiding the fact that she was nervous, she knew better. A short time after they had first met, Tara had learned Troubles deepest secret, the one she hid from everyone. Well, almost every one.

Trouble, was a sensitive. Tara herself could read auras, perform magic’s, and was strongly attuned to the energies around her, but Trouble was something else entirely.

She was, for lack of a better word, an energy conduit. She could read, channel, harness, and even manipulate the energies all around her without trying, without needing magic’s or other aids. Tara had heard stories about sensitive’s from her mother and grandmother, but had never truly believed them, and certainly never met one, until Trouble.

With nothing more then a glance, Trouble could know a person. Their hopes and fears; darkest secrets; where they had been, where they were going; seemingly everything about them. At first this had scared her, in much the same way Willow’s power scared her.

But after awhile she had grown used to it, even accepted it in a way. Trouble had long ago sworn never to use her power in a negative way, and while she still felt a vague sense of unease around someone so powerful, she trusted Trouble to keep her word.

“Well don’t just stand there, c’mon in. I’m as alone as ever.”

Trouble turned and led the way into the apartment proper. It was a mix of thrift store furniture and homemade book shelves, with clearly more books then shelves. She ushered Tara to the “good” chair and lit a few candles before she deposited herself on the worn out couch.

Tara glanced around the apartment while her hands moved nervously against each other on her lap. Trouble let her study the clutter of the apartment for a few minutes, knowing she needed to collect her thoughts. when she felt Tara had had enough time, she broke the silence.

“Bottle of water, Mouse?”

Tara looked back at Trouble with a grin. Hearing someone so tiny call her Mouse always made her want to laugh. But the nickname wasn’t about size, Trouble had chosen it for her in recognition of her shy, quiet nature. It had been a genuine show of affection and something she had needed at that time.

“Yes, please.”

Trouble stood, and again Tara was struck by the fact she was almost eye level with her, though she was sitting down.

“So…… what has driven you from the arms of love to my dark sanctuary, Tara?” Trouble asked as she passed into the kitchen.

Tara took a deep breath. When Trouble called her by name, it meant it was time to be serious.

“I-I-I, I have a problem.”

Trouble returned from the kitchen and handed her a bottle of ice cold water. Stopping directly if front of Tara, she locked their gazes, blue reflecting blue.

“Of that there is no doubt.”

Tara rolled her shoulders back and willed herself to relax. Trouble had the ability to draw energy, especially negative energy, out of and away from people. For a period of time, she could take away pain, reduce heartache, lessen fear and anguish; allow a person some peace when they most needed it. It was why she had come, it was what she needed.

Trouble returned to her seat on the couch and stretched, waiting quietly. Her patience seemed limitless, and she always let Tara take as much time as she needed.

After a few minutes, Tara felt ready, or as ready as she could be. She was about to entrust Trouble with all the things that had happened over the last three years; the happiness, sadness, love, pain, triumph and regret. It was time to sort all those things out, time to make a decision.

She turned to face Trouble, sitting up straighter in the chair and nodding.

“I’m ready.”

Trouble moved down the couch till she was sitting more or less directly in front of Tara and tentatively extended her hand. Once again she pinned Tara’s sparkling blue eyes with her own.

“Time to talk?”

Tara took Trouble’s tiny hand in hers and squeezed it.

“Time to talk.”

-------

“Wow” was all Trouble could think of to say.

It had taken Tara almost 2 hours to recap the impressive list of things she had done and experienced in the 3 years since she had met Willow. Starting with the sad excuse for a Wicca group where she had met Willow, through The Gentleman, Faith, Oz, Adam, Glory, Dawn, Joyce, Buffy’s death and resurrection, all the strangeness that was becoming commonplace in her life in Sunnydale.

For her part, Trouble had remained mostly silent throughout, nodding and looking thoughtful. Outside of Willow and the gang, Trouble was the only person Tara knew who could comprehend and accept such an unreal catalog of events.

“I know life on the Hellmouth is interesting, but DAMN! You could make serious money off of stories like those.”

Tara noticed Trouble’s eyes had gone from sparkling blue to slate, a side effect of the energy exchange, and that she herself felt lighter, less burdened then she had been when she had arrived.

Trouble took a long deep breath and removed her ice cold hand from Tara’s. It was another side effect, there were many involved, of her “gift”. She had always wondered how Trouble could tolerate the massive amounts of dark energy she drew from others and not lose her own light, her self, in the process.

As usual, Trouble answered her thoughts.

“It’s what I do, Mouse. What I am.” she stood and walked into the kitchen, cabinets opened and closed, glasses tinkled. She returned moments later with a midnight blue bottle of Tequila Rose and two shot glasses.

“You and your friends fight the darkness, physically, with the powers given you. I remove it, contain it, neutralize it, with what has been given to me. Different methods, same outcome.”

Trouble returned to the couch and poured out two shots, offering one to Tara.

Tara accepted. Outside of her adopted family of friends Trouble was the only person she would share a drink with.

“To love, friends, magic and good,” Trouble toasted, raising her glass.

“And all the insanity in between,” Tara added, raising hers and gently tapping it against Trouble’s.

They nodded at each other then gulped down their shots. Tara was grateful that Trouble had opted for the strawberry flavored liqueur instead of her usual whiskey or vodka. Tequila Rose was definitely easier to swallow.

“So” Trouble said, setting down her shot glass and favoring Tara with a half smile. There would be another shot later, Trouble always paced her indulgences; but for now, more talking.

“You seem to have a handle on the insanity, so I’m guessing it’s the love that has you in a tangle?” It was a question, but just barely. Tara knew her dilemma was beyond obvious.

Setting down her glass Tara took a deep breath, her hands tangling together on her lap again.

“It’s just…” she began, her thoughts rushing around her like a hurricane.

“I love her SO much. More then anyone or anything else in the world. And when we’re together… there just aren’t words to describe it. But-” she trailed off, frowning down at her hands.

Trouble reached out and stilled Tara’s hands with her own.

“But she betrayed you.”

Tara looked up to meet Trouble’s gaze, nodding, a glitter of tears forming in her eyes.

“And, considering what you had already gone through, with your family, Glory, it was the worst possible thing she could have done.”

Tara released a shuddering breath that was on the verge of a sob.

“How? How could she? If she truly loves me, if I am her whole world, like she says, how could she hurt me like that? How could she…” Tara’s words trailed off as tears began spilling down her face.

“Violate you?” Trouble finished softly.

Tara’s hands tightened around Trouble’s to the point it should have caused the other woman pain, and she nodded emphatically.

That’s the center of it she thought to herself. What none of the others, not even Willow, can see. That by using that spell on me, not once but twice, she basically… she- Even in the safety of her own mind Tara couldn’t finish the thought. Couldn’t utter, even only to herself, such a horrible thought.

In a voice so soft Tara could just barely hear her, and with a tone both sad and apologetic, Trouble finished Tara’s thought out loud.

“She raped you.”

It was blunt, it was ugly, it was terrible. It was the truth.

Tara hid her face in her hands, wracked by painful sobs. She heard Trouble stand and cross the room, then come back and kneel in front of her, offering a box of Kleenex. Tara accepted them gratefully.

Still kneeling, Trouble rested her hands on Tara’s knees, and began to speak in a soft, soothing tone; saying aloud the things Tara had been afraid to even think.

“Even if there was no physical abuse involved, that’s still what it was. Mentally, spiritually, she raped you. She took through force what you would have given her willingly. She manipulated and controlled you to get what she wanted without having to deal with the things she didn’t want.”

Tara couldn’t look up, couldn’t meet Trouble’s gaze, not yet. Hearing these things said out loud by someone other then herself, reopened the wound, reignited the agony caused by Willow’s selfishness.

Tenderly Trouble stroked Tara’s hair and soldiered on.

“What she did was the epitome of unforgivable. To force the one you love to accept you, to take away her freedom by making her feel what you want her to feel, respond how you want her to respond. There can be no greater wrong.”

All Tara could do was nod and blot her tears with the tissues as the bleak dark thoughts that had been haunting her these long months were laid bare.

And yet, there was a sense of relief in this renewed pain. The wound may have been reopened, but this time it was so it might be cleansed, so healing could begin.

Trouble rested her hand on Tara’s shoulder and gave a deep sigh.

“Yet through it all, love forgives.”

Tara looked up, her red rimmed eyes finding Trouble’s, and within Trouble’s gaze finding sympathy and understanding.

Tara hated what had happened. Hated Willow’s behavior, her selfishness and greed. But she LOVED Willow.

She loved Willow’s heart, her mind, her soul. Loved Willow’s body, oh how she loved her body! And all the little things. Her smile, her laugh, the nonsensical Willow babble that made everyone but her more then a little worried about the fiery redhead. Her spunky and off kilter fashion sense, the way she could be terrified and brave at the same time.

She loved Willow enough to forgive her. But…

“Love forgives.” Trouble offered, “But love should never forget.”

Tara’s eyes widened. THAT was the answer! The answer she hadn’t been able to find all those nights struggling through this alone. I CAN forgive Willow. But to forget-

Stiffly Trouble rose to her feet and moved back to the couch, reaching for the bottle of Tequila Rose.

“To forgive is divine, Tara. But to forget, is dangerous.” She poured another shot for both of them.

As she handed Tara her glass she gave her a more serious look then Tara had ever seen on anyone.

“To forget is to leave ourselves open to being hurt again. To risk repeating the painful lessons that should have taught us the first time. The ability to forgive is a great thing, but the ability to forget can be damning.”

Tara nodded slowly, staring down into the thick pink liquid. Wasn’t that the idea she had been stumbling over? How to forget that Willow had done something so… wicked and self serving.

Of course she shouldn’t forget! Nor would she let Willow forget either, lest she be tempted to try something like that again. The others may have forgotten the forgetting spell, but she wasn’t that naïve, she wouldn’t turn a blind eye to Willows problem.

Tara looked up to find Trouble holding her glass up, ready for a toast. She found herself smiling as she too raised her glass.

“To love,” she proclaimed, feeling more certain of herself then she had in months.

“And all the insanity that comes with it,” Trouble added with an impish grin.

Again they tapped their glasses together and gulped down the sweet liquor, Tara finally enjoying the warm tingle of the alcohol in her system.

As they set down their glasses a truly wicked look spread over Trouble’s face.

“And, perhaps, there is something that will teach your wayward lover a lesson…”

------

edited, cuase, yeah i messed up.

Last edited by indigokane on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Trust Me
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Dibs!!!

Tina,

At last! No work, no crisis, no family adventures, time to POST on this AMAZING story!!!

Quote:
She nipped playfully at Willow’s ear and was delighted to feel Willow’s body rocked by a shudder. When Willow’s hands wound themselves in her long blonde hair and the gentle tug produced a delicious tingle from her scalp all the way down her spine, Tara made a decision. She knew exactly what she wanted to do tonight.

She wanted to teach Willow a lesson.

She prayed to every goddess her mind could think of that Willow would want to learn.

Sexy, HOT beginning then very intriguing – a lesson? What kind? That’s when I got hooked!

Quote:
“W-Willow? Baby?”

Willow reluctantly pulled her mouth from Tara’s collarbone, slightly surprised to hear her lover stutter. She pulled back, but only far enough to allow her to look in Tara’s eyes.

Tara felt her heart ache at the concern in Willow’s eyes.

The love and concern between them is powerful and well expressed.

Quote:
It had without a doubt been one of her longest, loneliest nights without Willow. They had been apart for two and a half months and her aching need for Willow had become overpowering. Willow was doing so much better, and every time they were near each other…. It took everything she had within her not to skip everything and just pull her close and never let go.

Good reference to “Just skip it” later – legitimate emotional progression from A to B.

Quote:
She had met Trouble in one of her art classes. She was older, a full ten years older then Tara herself, but warm, kind, and generous. She had stuck up for Tara years ago, before she had met Willow, when some guys in class started giving her a hard time. They weren’t close friends, but every so often Tara had gone to her for support when she needed it. She had convinced Tara to stick it out after a grueling start to her freshman year, reminding her that better things were coming. And it was Trouble who had suggested the Wicca group as a way to meet people. That advice had led her to Willow.

Yes. Trouble was just the person she needed right now.

FASCINATING character. Well drawn, interesting physical description. Love her nickname of “Mouse” for Tara. This whole backstory gives us a vivid 3D sense of Tara as a real person apart from Willow and the Scooby world.

Quote:
There was a rattle of chains, and the door flew open with a bang. And Tara looked…… down.

Standing in the doorway was, without a doubt, the strangest person Tara had ever known.

Trouble was a mere 5 feet tall, cursed with the ideal full figured body in miniature. No wispy waif, her full breasts and hips and strong frame were like looking at a scale replica of an average sized woman. Tara remembered her once complaining that the bane of her existence were men who wanted to play with her as if she were a doll.

She hadn’t really changed since the last time they had seen one another, was it really a year ago? Her auburn hair was long now, pulled into a ponytail, but everything else was the same. The same glasses, mischievous blue eyes and impish grin, still wearing jeans, tank-top and combat boots. It was that the lack of change that was most reassuring. It reminded her this was still the woman who had asked those “boys” which body part they were going to sacrifice to keep harassing her.

“OUTSTANDING!” As always, Trouble was full of enthusiasm and energy.

“If it isn’t the jolly giant wiccan!” in a flash she grabbed Tara by the hand and yanked her through the door, slamming it after she was inside.

This vivid, wonderful, talented, amazing woman! Tara’s past woven into her present and a lesson to learn . . .

Fascinated. Teach me!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Last edited by Ariel on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

THAT....was an awesome first chapter!!

I hope your motivation returns....because this is going to be an amazing story. :)

Great work, and hope to see the next chapter up soon!

Best,
Angela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 am 
4. Extra Flamey

<3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:45 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Wow!.....That was outstanding. Didnt even realize that scene was in Tara's room til you mentioned it. I really like Trouble and I hope you continue....soonish :pray .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I thought this was fantastic. I really got drawn into the story. I really hope you get some motivation to continue! I'll be looking forward to more of this story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This is the most real, believable take on season 6 I've seen yet. Awesome.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

Topics: 10
I'm intrigued. I really like the problem space that's created by writing a filler pieces (which I'm sure you couldn't have guessed from my writing one :) ), and Tara's life during the breakup is one of those big pieces available to explore. I think this is a really strong start. The scene during "Seeing Red" creates an interesting frame for your back story, Trouble is interesting and funny, and your level of detail is engaging.

A couple notes:
-"Fire-red" is a compound adjective and should be hyphenated. So is "soul-searching."
-The phrase "red head" describes a head that is red. Not a person with red hair. While you are talking about Willow's head here, the phrase seems awkward, like her entire head is red.
-In the phrase "This is willow," "Willow" should be capitalized.
-I think, but am not sure, that you need a comma after "fear" in the sentence "No fear she reminded herself."

You're so close to this being purely from Tara's POV that I think it'd be worth considering rewriting Willow's thoughts as how they come across to Tara. I think it'd be more powerful that way. For example, you don't even need this line
Quote:
Willow’s mind was racing as she waited for Tara to continue. Taught her?! But Tara had said… she wouldn’t of just- but- but…

It's clear from the line "“A f-friend t-t-taught you?” " exactly what Willow's thinking; you've shown us what Willow's thinking already, so you don't need to tell us. It insults the intelligence of your audience.

Quote:
"I just said it wrong baby."

I liked this. Tara repeats this sentiment multiple times during the show (Triangle" and "Checkpoint" "come to mind), but it isn't cliche.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great start!!!

I think this is the first W/T fic I've read that actually compares Willow's actions to rape (If there are others, my mistake). Usually it's mentioned in fics where Tara doesn't return to Willow. Although I love W/T being together, I've never understood how Tara could just come back and I hated that they never truly talked about Willow's actions.

I've wanted to start a discussion on the "forget spell=rape" topic for a long time but I wasn't sure how other kittens would respond. Thank you for bringing it up in a way that I'm sure a lot of us can appreciate, knowing what the ending is going to be.

PLEASE CONTINUE SOON!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 pm 

@BuffyFan4ever,
I've seen the forgetting/rape comparison elsewhere, but it isn't in stories where Tara goes back to Willow, so they aren't on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

@BeMyDeputy
That's been my experience too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:45 pm 

Huh, you totally said that.

. . . right, well, uh . . . *cough* . . .

I was in a hurry!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

WOW!!! a big thank you for the wonderful feedback! :bow :bow :bow

and now a big apology. :paranoid

i read over the next installment and realized i did not like how it turned out and that there were some glaring errors in the storyline. SO! after much debate i decided to beg for your mercy and take some extra time to re-write it and make it better. forgive me? :pray

ok then, on to the feedback!

Ariel: it is an honor to recieve feedback from you, i love your work as well. not so sure mine is all that 'hot', but i'm going to do my best. it does get steamier.

Glad you like Trouble! I needed an extra character to fill out the story so I tossed her in, and she seems really popular, hence the re-write delay. I decided to expand Tara's 'Trouble time' a bit to make the story more cohesive, because what i originally had wasn't flowing at all.

angieb86 : thank you very much! i am enjoying your work as well. the motivation is back with a vengence and it has demanded I do better, so there will be a slight delay and the upcoming posts may be shorter, but I am hoping to keep the quality the same. no, actually I'm hoping i get better!

Knightlylove: Thank you! You've been a great beta and very patient and understanding. I apologize for my many spastic qualities, and warn you, it may get worse!!! :seesaw

SMGOVAN: Thank you very much! It occured to me it was Tara's room after about 5 viewings of the episode. 'um, why is the room darker? different furniture... sheets... where are the windows? OH! he he he. different room!' So of course i needed a story for Tara's new room! I will get the next installment up as soon as I can, sorry for the delay. There will be more Trouble coming up, and she has a role in another fic i have brewing, does karaoke sound interesting?

HiJinx: Thank you kindly! Real life got in the way and dealt a major blow to my motivation, but some Kitten Board therapy helped and i fully intend to continue. just need a little bit more time, but on the bright side this fic is angst free!

Promthea128: That is a truely high compliment, I hope the upcoming 'lesson' measures up. I can personally vouch for it, but it's beauty is really in the eye of the beholder.

BeMyDeputy: Your avatar distracts me every time I see it!!! :thud
thank you for your detailed feedback, I am a big fan of your fics and it's great to hear your oppinion of my work.

It always annoyed me that Tara and Willow's relationship got so little coverage, not only because they were lesbian, but because their's was the only 'deep' relationship developed. Buffy's ill-advised sexcapades got more airtime! That was just sad.

Thank you for catching those grammatic errors, I plan to go back and fix them, as I like to have my work as polished as possible. I re-read it so many times before posting and still things slipped through! Ah well, practice makes perfect.

BuffyFan4ever: Thank you so much for your enthusiam!

I actually worried about whether or not I would offend everyone by wording it that bluntly. But I also felt that it was honest and therefore worth the risk. But I am no Mutant Enemy drone, there will be discussion!!! Tara will properly think things through, with a little help from Trouble, and she will definately be having 'the talk' with Willow. I never liked the way they left so much unsaid either, it was a complete disservice to the wonderful story they had created and the characters we love.

:dance OK! I need to get back to work, so i can deliver the next installment ASAP!!!

Thanks to everyone for reading, and HUGE thanks to those that honored me with feedback.

Tina

And for those who like Trouble, she is in another W/T fic that I'm tinkering with, what do you guys think about a story with copious amounts of karaoke and general crazyness? :kdevil

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm glad you took the risk. I often fear that I can be too logical for my own good. My "logical" examination of an issue can sometimes conflict with everybody else's (and sometimes my own) feelings on a subject. This is a perfect example: Emotionally, I was happy when Tara came back to Willow in the end of season six. However, logically, I could not understand how she could seem so willing to come back after what Willow did. I find it hard to believe that anyone could trust someone so quickly and easily if this happened in real life. Hopefully this will help me balance everything out between my head and my heart.

BTW, If you need a beta, I'd be happy to help. I probably can't help much with the storyline, since I'm not that creative, but I'd be happy to help with grammar and/or sentence structure. Let me know.

Also, Karaoke fics are always fun. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:55 pm 

Take your time..it will be worth the wait. I think a karaoke story would be great. We all know Amber/Tara has a wonderful voice. However, I would imagine that Willow would be absolutely terrible at it, which will make for some laugh out loud fun :lmao !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

You're such a spaz =P And wait, hold on a moment... I'm your beta???
woah, excellent news!
=P hahahha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:41 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
You have a really interesting premise here. Something new and creative with canon is always fun in my book. I look forward to seeing what else you do here.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oops. I didn't read the other responses so I didn't know KnightlyLove was already your beta. My bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hey!

Sorry for not giving feedback sooner:( Sometimes I read stuff on my phone, wait to FB and then forget...I guess this was one of those times, grrr!

So, I thought it was a great start and I look forward to seeing where you go with it, but take your time. It's more important to get it right than to put something out there that you are not happy with.

I have to admit that I had no idea that was Tara's room and I've watched that episode a million times! :blush At first I thought, "What? She's crazy!" Then I went on Netflix and watched that scene again and damn! I am so clueless, lol.

Keep writing!! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Tina,

Oh yeah, take your time - I like my Trouble just riiiiight!!!!

Seriously, she is so dynamic, funny, wise and amazing - let her grow; let the story shape and form and define itself. Worth the wait!

And Willow's lesson; I'm all attention, Teacher! Educate me!

But, the next post has to be real!!! :pray :pray :pray

Because I miss this story!!!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

This has me nuts; I keep imagining Willow in padded chains and Tara with a paddle even tho I honestly do not think that's where this is going.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting start so far. Looking forward to reading more.

Post subject: Re: Trust Me update 04/19/11
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:34 pm 
3. Flaming O

see part 1 for the technicalities. replies to responses will be done shortly. ENJOY!!!!!!!

Part 2a (part b will be up asap. thank my dog for derailing the update)
-------------------------------------

The mischief sparkling in Troubles eyes and the impish half-grin gracing her face kindled Tara’s curiosity.

“A l-l-lesson?” And her nervousness as well.

Trouble poured herself another shot, but left Tara’s glass untouched.

“Yes Mouse, a lesson.” She threw back the shot, then slapped the glass down on the table.

“We’ll have another in a bit. But first, a story.”

Tara’s head tilted slightly, and she arched her eyebrow. “A story?”

Trouble relaxed back into the couch and put her feet up on the coffee table, nodding at Tara.

“Yes Mouse, a story. Actually, more of a history lesson. But it makes a good point.”
Tara settled back into the chair and rested her feet on the table as well, looking at Trouble expectantly.

Trouble closed her eyes, and took a long, deep breath. As the breath slowly escaped her lungs, her eyes languidly opened, and she leaned forward, catching Tara’s gaze with her denim blue orbs.

“Story time,” Trouble said softly, with a thoughtful nod.

Tara nodded in silent agreement, shifting in the soft chair.

Trouble rarely talked about her past, but when she did it was always fascinating. Tara knew she would sit in patient silence all night if it meant learning even more about her enigmatic friend.

Trouble’s voice was smooth and melodic as she began her narrative, eyes fixed on a point somewhere in the darkness beyond the window.

“I was in love once, a long time past. Hell, it feels like it was lifetimes ago.” Trouble chuckled from low in her throat.

“I was very young, and so very foolish. Not all that different from your Willow, I would imagine.” She gave Tara a sidelong glance, as if confirming what she already knew to be fact.

Tara nodded in agreement.

Without warning, Trouble stood quickly, and headed for her small kitchen. Tara mused that she had only ever seen Buffy move that swiftly, as she listened to the refrigerator door open and close.

Moments later Trouble was headed back to the couch, a can of soda in each hand. As she set them on the table, she turned towards Tara, eyes sparkling.

“Drinking 101 Mouse?” she queried, popping open each can.

Tara’s eyes rolled towards the ceiling briefly, as she thought back over the many things Trouble had taught her.

“Blood sugar,” she replied confidently, accepting one of the cans from Trouble.

The left side of Troubles mouth quirked up in an impish half grin as she reclaimed her seat on the couch.

“What about it?” she asked Tara innocently.

Tara favored Trouble with her own quirky half smile, and recited the alcohol lesson she had learned the hard way freshmen year.

“Alcohol lowers your blood sugar. To avoid a nasty hangover and copious vomiting, make sure to replenish it during and after drinking.”

Trouble raised her can, “Cheers.”

Tara leaned forward to gingerly tap the cans together, mindful of spilling the soda on the floor. “Cheers.”

Trouble once again settled back into the couch, sighing. “So. Where were we?”

“Y-y-ou were like W-w-willow?” Tara, asked, hesitantly.

Trouble nodded, taking a sip of her soda. “Yes, I imagine me and your Willow were quite similar. Young, determined, bent on saving the world and everyone in it. All heart and good intentions, but lacking in understanding and discipline.”

Tara nodded slowly, amazed to hear Willow summed up so succinctly, yet so thoroughly.

“I knew what I wanted out of life. Knew I was made to help people, knew I should and could help people. But I was a little confused on the how, why, and when. I tended to get it ass-backwards in my haste to do right.”

Trouble laced her fingers together behind her head, looking at Tara for a reaction.

All Tara could do was nod mutely, so taken was she with the picture Trouble was verbally painting.

That’s just like Will, it’s how she’s been doing everything lately. Her heart’s in the right place, but her motives are… mixed up and…. ass-backwards.

Trouble’s lips pulled up slightly at the corners in a gentle, knowing smile, before she resumed staring out the window.

Tara found herself taking a noisy gulp of her soda as she waited for Trouble to continue.

Trouble sighed and smoothed back her long, reddish brown hair. And here we have the tricky part. Tell her enough to help her, but keep it vague enough she doesn’t figure out who or what you are. The last thing you need is more time on your sentence.

Tara glanced nervously at Trouble, wondering why she was taking so long to resume the story, just as Trouble dropped her hands back down and picked up her soda.

“So.” she announced abruptly. “I was a naïve, but determined, warrior for good.” She returned her can to the table and resumed leaning back into the couch, hands behind her head.

“And Sarai was my love, my life, my everything.” Trouble’s eyes drifted closed, and Tara could see that her memories were flooding her, almost overwhelming the small woman.

“This is the abridged Story of Sarai.” Trouble announced, kicking her feet back onto the low coffee table.

Tara settled back into the chair, putting her feet back on the table and holding her can idly in her hand. Her attention was focused firmly on Trouble.

“Sarai was my one true love. She was a warrior witch, I was a warrior with certain magical abilities. We worked remarkably well together. We were passionately in love.”

“We were a sight to behold, on and off the battlefield. Not until you and Willow was true love so perfectly embodied between two people.”

“During a particularly hard fought battle, Sarai was dealt what should have been a mortal blow. But I was highly skilled in magic’s and able to heal her, and found myself for the first time, scared.”

“I argued begged and pleaded with Sarai to remove herself from dangerous activities, so terrified was I of losing Sarai. But Sarai would have none of it. We quarreled over the point for days and nights on end.”

“Finally I ceded the argument, I was anxious to have my lover back in my arms. But I had not given in, only feigned surrender. Secretly I began using my powers of hypnotism and mesmerism to influence Sarai, keeping her out of battles and away from jeopardy.”

“For a time, my deception succeeded, but soon the powerful witch uncovered the truth, that her lover, whom she trusted with her life, her heart, her soul, was manipulating her every deed and action.”

“She left without delay, sickened by the sight of her noble but misguided lover, unable to bear the treachery of her soul mate.”

“But Sarai could not stay her anger, nor her love, and came back to confront me for my crimes against her.”

Where once passionate and tender touches were exchanged, now there were strikes and assaults. I defended myself, but just barely. I could not bring myself to do harm to my other half, so I willingly endure my punishment, finally fleeing when it became to much.

“But Sarai’s anger could not be sated so easily and she pursued me from Europe through Russia, to India, Japan and finally to Australia. Every time Sarai caught up with me, we fought till I was tempted to die rather then continue struggling with the keeper of my heart.”

“I ceased my flight in Carpathia, Sarai’s homeland, and in my mind, the most fitting place to surrender my life to my mate.”

The final battle was brutal savagery, with me allowing Sarai a mortal blow. But in my final moments, Sarai spared her one and only mercy, calling a truce and healing my grievous wounds.”

“That night, in the Carpathian Mountains, Sarai offered me redemption, in the form of Cold Steel. If I gave up control, and showed Sarai complete trust and faith, our love stood a chance, if not, it was officially over.”

They sat in companionable silence for awhile, Trouble with her eyes closed breathing deeply, Tara staring at the window trying to wrap her mind around the startling revelation.

It happened with Trouble? She did what Will did? But Trouble is so…responsible. She’d never abuse her power that way. Not like Will did, not..

Then it hit her. Not now.

Stunned, Tara turned to look at Trouble, her face showing a mixture of shock and respect.

Trouble didn’t have to open her eyes. “Some mistakes are universal Tara, but we can learn from them and become better. There is hope for you and Willow, but it has to be your choice to try.”

Trouble lowered her hands and smoothed back her hair again. “Sarai did not forgive me easily, but she did forgive me. I had to earn her trust and faith again through grueling trials and prove my love was sincere and I was sorry.”

She opened her eyes a pinned Tara’s gaze with her own. “Can Willow do that? Is she doing that?”

Tara looked down, searching for the answers in her soda can, as Trouble closed her eyes again.

“Why so serious Mouse?” Trouble asked, slowly leaning sideways, till she was resting her head on the arm of the couch.
“A lot to think about,” Tara responded quietly.

“That it is Mouse, that it is.”

And the silence continued.

---------------

“Marshmallows are inferior forms of transportation.”

The comment was pointless, baffling and completely out of the blue. In confusion Tara looked up.

“Pardon?” She heard Trouble sigh from the couch next to her, where she was watching the ceiling.

Trouble propped herself up on her elbow and looked at Tara soberly from across the arm of the couch.

“Marshmallows,” she began, with a perfectly straight face and matter of fact tone, “Are inferior forms of transportation.”

Tara took a sip of her soda and nodded. “Is that so?”

Trouble smiled her trademark mischievous half grin. “Absolutely.”

“Did you happen to read this in Omni or National Enquirer?”

Trouble rolled over and rested her head on her interlaced fingers. “Neither. Common knowledge..”

“Really?”

“Uh-huh.”

Tara stretched for a moment then dropped her feet to the floor and leaned forward. “Your strange, Trouble.”

“And your normal, Tara.” She remarked, lifting and examining one of her booted feet.

It was a form of ritual between the two of them, debating each others quirks and idiosyncrasies’. The seriousness was over for the night, it was time for what Trouble referred to as an ‘insanity break’.

Tara pretended to be take offense. “What’s wrong with being normal?”

Trouble let her foot fall down onto the couch. “It’s no fun.”

“And being bizarre is?”

Abruptly Trouble sat up and spun to face her. “You bet it is!” She exclaimed enthusiastically.

“Oh really?” Tara said mockingly, an open invitation to a debate, one of their favorite past times.

“What could a person possibly get out of making a fool of themselves?”

Trouble glared at her with her best approximation of righteous indignation while Tara waited patiently for a response.
Trouble bounced up off the couch and began to circle the room.

“Lot’s of things!” she pronounced after the first lap.

Tara felt a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she anticipated Trouble’s diatribe.

Lap two: “The thrill of being unique!”

Lap three: “ The rush of throwing off societies chains and running wild!!”

Tara’s smile was at the half grin stage and growing.

Lap four: The positively awesome feeling of knowing you blew their tiny minds just by being you!!!”

Trouble stopped unexpectedly, registering the full beaming smile on Tara’s face and the way she was squinting and shaking with silent laughter.

Breathless, she flopped back down on the couch.

Tara seriously considered her arguments. “Good point.” she remarked flatly, but with a trace of a smug grin.

“Your turn,” Trouble piped devilishly. “What do you get out of being normal?”

Tara blinked, the smug smile disappearing from her face.

In the years she had known Trouble and been intrigued by her unique behavior, Trouble had never once questioned Tara’s own mundane activities. This threw Tara completely off balance.

“W-w-well, I , t-t-that is. I-I-I g-guess, maybe I’m just u-u-used to it?”

“You lead staid, monotonous life, because you’re used to it?!”

Tara sat quietly for a moment. “Well…. Yeah.”

Trouble turned over quickly, staring at Tara from behind the arm rest once again.

“MAN!!! Do you have any idea the fun you’ve been missing out on.? We should have investigated this thoroughly years ago. I could have saved you from yourself.”

In a flash Trouble was off the couch and across the room, shuffling around piles of books to reveal a second hand stereo that had been camouflaged by the stacks.

She dropped unceremoniously onto her ass in front of the stereo, clearly still searching. “C.d., c.d., c.d., where is that damn c.d.?”

“Do I w-wanna know what y-y-you’re c-conjuring up?” Tara asked nervously.

Trouble rolled her eyes towards the ceiling then back down to the mess she was making, bobbing her head from side to side, “Probably not.”

An evil grin spread across Trouble’s lips as she raised her hand triumphantly, revealing a black c.d. “GOT IT!”
“And it is?” Tara asked, not sure if she wanted to know.

“Music. Obviously.” Trouble replied over her shoulder, shaking her head and slipping the c.d. into the stereo.

With a flick of the volume knob she grunted and rose unsteadily to her feet, giggling softly, she made a show of trying to catch her balance, then began moving around the room.

Her first stop was the table to set up two more shots as a song began pouring from the speakers.

She spun quickly to face Tara, not spilling a drop of the pink liquor, and handed Tara one of the small glasses.

“Insanity Break, Mouse,” she said, grinning widely and waggling her eyebrows.

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:36 pm 

And a dibs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

T. ... this is such a tease - i love it...lol you got me hooked. you give us just enough to start sucking us in and then WHAM!!! ya smack us with "insanity break".

~~“Marshmallows,” she began, with a perfectly straight face and matter of fact tone, “Are inferior forms of transportation.”

Tara took a sip of her soda and nodded. “Is that so?”

Trouble smiled her trademark mischievous half grin. “Absolutely.”~~

i cracked up so hard at this. i love that it came right out of nowhere.
you have piqued my curiosity in regards to Trouble, her past, and identity

~~Trouble sighed and smoothed back her long, reddish brown hair. And here we have the tricky part. Tell her enough to help her, but keep it vague enough she doesn’t figure out who or what you are. The last thing you need is more time on your sentence.~~

very curious to find out and unravel the mysteries you have begun to tease us with.

please keep this going T. you have a fan that has a wild imagination in need of sating. *grinning and laughing*

sapphoselene (kathy)
:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey!!!
YOU DID IT!!! Here comes TROUBLE!!! :bounce :banana :banana :eatme :pinky :bounce :pinky :eatme :banana :banana :bounce

Wow! Unexpected, telepath/empath to warrior woman! Love that she is VERY short and very mighty, a theme in the BtVS universe!

Intrigued by her history and loved the information about marshmallows, I will trade mine in for a car immediately!!! :grin

So now you've got me wondering about the insanity break . . .

Okay, now I know you're REALLY sick of hearing me say this, but MORE PLEASE!!! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I'm really curious about Trouble and Sarai now, and about the length and terms of Trouble'
s sentence. So much of it seems oddly familiar.

And about how this will affect Tara's dealings with Willow.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

As I yelled moments before in chat, I am here to review. It has taken me several days to get off my butt to do so but I am here. Feel sorry for Trouble and Sarai. But I do love the Tara and Trouble relationship, gives you the fuzzies that Trouble is there to help Tara. Its also nice that Tara is letting her hair down a little. I shall now lurk in this thread frequently and pester you to update. You rock T-dawg *Hug*

- With You Around, YellowCard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm 
3. Flaming O

ok. i'm a very bad kitten. i took forever to get anything done. but i promise 'insanity break' is on it's way, just one bit to work out. and i apologize for the lack of reply to all the wonderful responses, i'll get to that after the update. sometime before this next weekend, THERE WILL BE MORE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, here it is. Insanity break! not nearly as wild as it could have been, but i am working within canon, so i hope i am forgiven.

the song at the end is 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel.

Enjoy!!!! :bounce

INSANITY BREAK:

A sultry rhythm began pouring from the stereo speakers, and Trouble began to stalk the room slowly.

“ You see, with other girls you’re like, ‘Meh, she’s ok.’”

The music began to build.

“But with Willow…”

Trouble began to sing.

“I love myself, I want you to love me….”

Trouble flopped down on the couch, and began to strike poses as she sang along to ‘I Touch Myself’ by The Divinyls.

One pose caused her to roll off the couch with a thud, and a giggling Tara helped her up off the floor.

Trouble bounced back quickly, turning her back towards Tara and wrapping her arms around herself in an approximation of making out.

“Oh Willow! Oh yes! More baby, more.”

Tara was speechless with laughter, but did manage to throw a pillow at Trouble, trying to cut her off.

“Yes Willow, YES! Oooohhhh yes. Goddess YES!!”

Tara managed to find the breath to respond to her friends teasing.

“I have to admit,” Tara gasped. “That is f-f-fucking f-f-funny!”

Trouble stopped and turned to stare at Tara in awe. “You swear?!”

Tara tried her best to look dignified. “Only occasionally. And …”

“ During sex?”

Tara responded without thinking. “Yeah,” she hiccupped, realizing what she had said.

“Um, maaaaaybe. M-m-maybe not.”

There was a long silence as the song continued, finally broken by Trouble chuckling to herself.

“Howz it?” Trouble asked, as seriously as possible.

“Huh? What?”

“Howz it?” Trouble said, rolling her hands impatiently.

“Howitz-er?” Tara quirked her eyebrow and frowned, uncertain what guns had to do with the conversation.

“Howz. It.” Trouble repeated, rolling her storm blue eyes and shaking her head. “As in ‘howz it going?’

“Fell a little short,” Tara said with an understanding nod, and an uncontained ‘snerk’.

Trouble slid Tara a mistrustful glare from the corner of her eye.

“I’m drunk. I speak in generalities.”

“Generals?” Tara’s face was a mask of confusion.

Trouble scrambled onto the back of the couch .“Military preoccupation much?”

Just then the song came to it’s bridge and Trouble draped herself along the back of the couch. Being small had it’s advantages when it came to furniture.

Trouble got into the most seductive pose her position on the couch would allow, and once again started to sing along in a husky voice.

“I want you. I don’t want anybody else. And when I think about you….. I touch myself. Oooooh, oooooh, oooohhh ah ah ah ahhhhhh.”

Her risqué display of running her hands wantonly over her body nearly brought Tara to tears with laughter.

Tara was laughing so hard she didn’t notice Trouble start to wobble, and eventually fall over the back of the couch, again. The loud thump from the other side of the couch did, however, go noticed.

Tara let out a startled cry, and rushed to the couch to look over and see Trouble laying on her back laughing so hard her face was turning red, and her breath was coming in gasps.

“Ya know, if your gonna keep doing that, I’m not gonna help you up anymore.” Tara informed her loftily.

Trouble tried to stop laughing but failed miserably. “Then quit while you’re ahead.” she said between chuckles. “Cuz I’m not stopping anytime soon.”

12 more songs later…..

Tara recognized a familiar song with a Latin undertone running through it.

“Madonna?” she asked Trouble, her eyebrow quirking.

“Can’t argue with the classics.”

Trouble hopped up from the floor and began to dance, and sing, along again.

“When you see her, say a prayer and kiss your heart goodbye. She’s trouble in a word, get closer to the fire. Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside.”

Trouble began spinning in circles.

“Your spinning round and round you can’t get up, you try but you can’t.”

Tara simply couldn’t resist, she had to chime in on the chorus, and their voices sounded in unison.

“Who’s that girl!”

“Last call,” Trouble announced, pouring out one more round.

As she handed Tara her glass her eyes went wide.

“Oh! Oh, oh, oh, oh!”

Tara tilted her head to the side. “Oh?”

If Trouble hadn’t been holding two shot glasses in her hands, she surely would have been jumping up and down.

“The skirt! Do the thing with the skirt!” she enthused, handing Tara her last shot.

Tara accepted the drink with her trademark quirked eyebrow. “The skirt?”

“Cheers!” Trouble practically shouted, raising her glass.

“Cheers!” Tara echoed back, tinkling their glasses together.

They gulped down the last of the sweet liquor, and banged there glasses down on the coffee table.

“The skirt! You know! With the swishing, and dancing, and the swishing.”

“That thing. With the skirt. That goes with songs like these.” Tara said, nodding rhythmically

Trouble grinned from ear to ear. “Exactly!”

Tara sighed dramatically, and pretended to find the suggestion offensive.

Trouble dropped to her knees, and gave her a pitiful look.

Tara gave an exasperated sigh, then gathered one side of her skirt in each hand and gave Trouble a look that said ‘Seriously?’

Trouble gave her the sweetest smile she could manufacture.

Tara gave another resigned sigh before beginning to swing her hands to the music, causing her skirt to swish and swirl around her ankles.

Trouble began dancing, and swaying around the room, singing along.

“I speaka no Spanish… Who’s that girl? I barely speak English! Who’s that girl?”

Troubles improvised lyrics left Tara breathless with laughter, but still she swished and swirled through the room with her.

“You try to avoid, your fate is in her hands. She’s smiling, an invitation to the dance.”

Tara beamed as she completed a particularly fast spin.

They continued twirling round the room, echoing the lyrics as they went, swaying unsteadily to the rhythm.

“Light up my life, so blind I can’t see. Light up my life, no one can help me now.”

They spun to a stop and looked at one another, their voices ringing out in perfect harmony.

“Who’s that girl?”

A spin.

“Now, who’s that girl?”

Another spin, but still in harmony.

“Now, who’s that girl?”

One last spin, Tara’s skirt swirling, Trouble’s hands above her head.

“Now, who’s that girl?”

As the song wound down, both women moved towards their seats.

“I hate dancing!” Trouble panted, collapsing onto the couch, as Tara unceremoniously fell into the chair.

Tara’s head raised up and leaned to the right. “But you just danced to like 14 songs!” Tara exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

“I know, right!” Trouble said, feigning a surfer accent. “I was like I couldn’t control my body! I just couldn’t stop. It was horrible!”

Tara slapped her palm against her forehead, shaking her head back and forth. “Why do I hang out with you?” she asked, innocently.

“Cuz I’m smart, I’m funny, I’m schmexy, I’m dangerous… I’m T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!!!”

“”That is an undeniable understatement.”

Trouble spun around, dangling her feet over the back of the couch, her head hanging off a cushion and a goofy grin plastered on her face.

“Tara?”

“Trouble?”

“Tara?”

“Trouble?”

“Tara?”

“Yeah, Trouble?”

“Do you trust me?”

Tara thought for all of point five seconds. “Sure.”

“Serious here.”

“I do trust you..”

“Trust me enough to take some advice?”

Again Tara stopped to think. “Depends on the advice.”

“It’s um, advice, on well, uh…”

Tara had a bewildered look on her face. “It’s not frogs is it? Cause Willow doesn’t like frogs. Or tadpoles. Or horses. Which is silly really when you think about it…. Hey I rhymed! Oh goddess! Willowbabble is a disease! I’m infected! Stop me, please!”

Trouble fell over sideways, and slid down off the couch laughing as Tara’s eyes widened in surprise at her second unintentional rhyme.

“Poetical much there, Mouse?”

“Not purposefully, I’ll let you know.”

Trouble chuckled silently, slapping her thigh.

“Uh, it’s not about frogs right, cause Willow…”

“No, no, no, no, no. Advice about make-up sex silly!”

Tara shook her head. “I don’t like to wear make-up during sex.”

“Can’t eat Jenny Craig with Mary Kay on your face?” Trouble asked innocently.

Tara spit soda out all over the coffee table in front of her coughing violently, causing Trouble to break into furious silent laughter.

“Huh,” Trouble remarked as Tara’s sputtering died down. “Four is one too many for you.”

She cocked her head to the right, and watched Tara carefully.

“You, young lady, are staying here. Tonight.” Trouble announced, her inebriation getting the better of her language skills.

“Am I?”

“Yessss,” Trouble slurred. “You have bed duty.”

“Bed duty? Oh doody.” Tara paused. “What that would be, exactly?”

“It is your duty, this o’…. something hundred hours, to hold down my bed.”

“Hold. Down. Your. Bed?”

“Yesh m’am. It is of the utmost importance, Tara,” Trouble intoned solemnly, giving her a conspiratorial look. “It likes to moooooove.”

Tara blinked at this. “Moooove?”

“Mooooove.”

Tara nodded, and kept nodding whileTrouble laughed silently.

“And you will be where? While I’m on this moving bed?”

“On the infinitely more unpredictable and waaaaay more dangerous couch.”

“O-o-okay.”

“And your cleaning that soda up off the coffee table.”

Trouble gave a low chuckle, and heaved herself off the coach, weaving her way into the kitchen.

“Water, water every where,” she murmured, disappearing through the door.

While Tara contemplated moving beds and nefarious couches, Trouble dug through her fridge and cabinets.

Just as Tara decided the furniture was safer then it seemed, Trouble reappeared with two bottles of water and a towel. Hidden in her tiny hand was two aspirin.

“Drink this,” she said handing Tara a bottle.

“Take these,” she dropped the aspirin in Tara’s hand.

“And use this,” the towel was relinquished. “To clean up that.” She pointed at the soda covered coffee table.

“Yes ma’am,” Tara giggled.

“Cause we are fixing to call it a night Mouse.”

“Sleep?” Tara queried.

“Yes, Mouse. Now it is time to sleep, and hope our festivities don’t bite us in the ass tomorrow.”

Tara stood, about to wipe down the coffee table, when she became preoccupied with trying to see her own ass.

Trouble watched, bemused, as she managed several circles before falling back into the chair.

She dropped her head to her chest as she tried to keep Tara from noticing her laughter.

“Sleep,” Tara murmured. “Sleep is good.”

“Yes, Mouse. Sleep is of the good. Now wipe down the table and I’ll find you some jammies.”

Tara focused as hard as she could on mopping up her mess as Trouble disappeared through the door behind her.

A few minutes later the table was clean and Trouble re-emerged with a large pile in her arms.

Tara was busy leaning back in the chair, wondering how Trouble had gotten the walls to start spinning.

“Um, I don’t think I need all that to cover me. I mean, I know I’m bigger then you. But not much that bigger. And besides, that’s more way fabric then I would need even if I’m bigger. And somehow that was ‘sposed to make sense, but there’s the part where I drunk am and now with the babble. And-”

Trouble’s eyes were wide, and her mouth hung open. With a perplexed look on her face she held up a T-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts, offering them to Tara.

“I’m pretty sure the shirt and boxers will cover you, Mouse. The sheets and blanket are for the couch. It gets cold at night, and then it gets sick. It’s a thing.”

Tara nodded slowly, her eyes darting back and forth with the spinning room.

“Damn, that babble is really contagious, and even funnier when your drunk.”

Tara carefully took the proffered clothing, a sheepish grin on her face.

Trouble tossed the pile of linens she was holding onto the couch and took Tara by the shoulders, pushing her towards the bedroom.

“You. Bed. Now. Ya jolly, babbling, drunk, Wiccan.”

Tara let herself be ushered into the bedroom which was, oddly enough, exactly the same as the last time she had been coerced into staying after a late, late night.

Same queen sized bed, same half dozen bookshelves filled to over flowing, same miss matched dressers, even the same shoes laying out on the floor. The only difference being that more of the walls had disappeared under new artwork Trouble had hung.

“You never change do you?” she asked, giving Trouble an appraising look.

“Not often, Mouse, not often.”

Trouble pulled back the blankets on her bed then turned Tara around, pushing her back gently till she sat on the bed.

“Change into your p.j.’s, and get comfy. I’ll put on a lullaby to carry you off to sleep.”

Trouble exited the room, leaving Tara to change by the soft glow of a tiny night light.

As Tara crawled under the blankets she heard a relaxing melody start flowing in through the door.

love I get so lost, sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
the heat I see in your eyes

love, I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

and all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
the heat I see in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes

Tara drifted off into a peaceful sleep with images of bright green eyes, a quirky smile, and flashes of red hair dancing through her mind.