The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: W&T: The Raiders Chronicles - Ch.17 of NEW STORY 04/12/1
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Ah, yes, that was a fun chapter willowtaralover, and for all the reasons you mentioned.

I really can't help myself, certainly when it comes to their thought processes. It's one thing that doesn't change from story to story really (though the circumstances do!) and - I suppose - helps make these characters (my version of) Tara and Willow. After all... it's where the fun is. And I won't say that I think that way in the middle of a crisis but my mind can wander :)

Also, not perverted. Just... dedicated :)

Another fun thing in this story is playing with the movie cliches a little. Bullets, for one thing. In Indiana Jones (and others) you only run out of bullets when the drama needs you to :)

Willow's fixation with Tara's chest... well, it's been a while since they had quality alone time. With a bed and all.

And yes, Countess Bathory was probably in my mind when I added that 'healing' nugget. Not so much that Ilse had healed - that was always there - but the price of it... I think there might've been less blood and more... other stuff going on though. These are ghouls after all...

Certainly are reaching the end though... And I think every one of your questions will, in fact, be answered :)

PS - The more I think about it, the more letting Dottie out of that small town was a little like unleashing a monster. Except well meaning, pretty and very queer :) She may have to come back in the third one - at least in passing but if I bring Lehane and Buffy back too, that's a lot of queer girls in the same place LOL

Thanks!

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:33 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hey Katharyn I'm a straight male so for me a Willow and Tara Indiana Jones story with that many hot lesbian chicks making out sounds good to me :drool :wink

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 am 
8. Vixen

“Because it was placed as an act of love, for the local people. For the woman that the priest had fallen in love with but could never – what is the word, consummate? Could never consummate his love for.

So it has something to do with the couple who's story was on the walls in the tunnels, but again why love???? In the Hammer movie Dracula-Prince of Darkness it was blood that reawoke the vampire so why would he want a couple of hot chicks making out???? Unless he's a big ol' perve of course like me. :grin

Also just what is Dottie doing down in the village??? Even if she has shown a couple of girls that there's more to life than waiting for a nice turnip farmer surely even she ought to be worried about her 'mentors' as she shouldn't have seen them for at least 24 hrs by now. Is she going to bring the cavalry or even be the cavalry?????

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:53 pm 
23. Volumey Text

I think perhaps you've either misunderstood slightly or I haven't explained very well.

The icon is preventing what is in the tomb getting out. It took love to move it. It would take love to move it again. But - umm - the 'act' referred to is the 'act; of placing it. Not... well, what you're thinking about. What this is saying is that Ilse or whoever can't just come along and move it. It can only be removed by someone doing so for love...

Maybe 'act of love' was the wrong term to use!

Dottie in the village? Dottie is NOT being a damsel in distress. Worried as she might be... she doesn't speak the language (except the language of love LOL). So yes, she'll be worried but what can she do? :)

Thanks!
Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:12 pm 
8. Vixen

Hi Katharyn :bigwave

I do have to agree with you in that I don't think that the part about the story of the priest and the woman he was in love with and how their love was supposed to have somehow buried the evil in the castle isn't very well explained. That said as I have already stated I am a straght male and we're not all renowned for thinking with our brains lol. :wink

Having now completed the story the idea that the evil was defeated because the two people (the priest and the woman and Willow and Tara) have a mutual love for each other and that it doesn't have to be spoken out loud but just the absolute pure power of their love is what defeats the evil is nicely done. Equally it is the love for Tara that is going through Willow's mind when she removes the icon. Ilsa cannot remove it as she has no love running through her, she is a nazi so that's kind of a given.

Holy crap, Willow diving headfirst straight through a window is one mad moment then forcing Tara to remove her pants to rescue her so that when they return to the village Tara is only in her underwear. Though that may be just because she enjoyed the sight of Tara's erect nipples through her bra. :grin

Looking up at her though, all (almost)-naked and heroic?

Tara almost naked :sigh yeah, I know I'm a just a big ol perve like Willow. I think we may be distantly related. :p

I do love that Willow appreciates Dottie and can see how she may be underappreciated for the work that she does. I do hope that we get to see her again with perhaps a much bigger role.

One thing that I have wondered about since the start of the story is the appearance of LeHane and Buffy on the liner at the beginning. LeHane says that Buffy hopes that Willow is well. Is this genuinely meant, is Buffy wondering after Willow or is it just a ruse on LeHane's part?

I enjoyed the story very much Katharyn but I feel that the ending was a little rushed, I would have liked to have seen a little more of the vampire prince and any plans that he may have possibly had, perhaps to pose such a threat to the entire world that the nazis, if they had been human, would have had to ask Willow for help in dealing with the vampire.

I don't want to sound overly criical cos that's not who I am, I usually love the stories that I read but I just feel that that may have been a more interesting direction to take the story. Again as I said I'm not trying to be critical of your Willow and Tara story, I have enjoyed it, it is just an idea I had for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:11 am 
23. Volumey Text

Every reader's experience is different and that's not to say that all of them aren't equally valid. The overly attentive to detail part of me used to deal with this (and probably will again) by writing the hell out of everything single thing so that I cover it several times from different directions. That way, I convince myself that no one can fail to get the message I wanted without interpreting (yes, I hated English Literature class where teachers just made up the concept of 'this is what the author meant' when what I really believe is that they wanted to tell a story that happened to reflect something.)

But in this style of story, I don't have the luxury to do that. Things have to keep moving. I can't bash ideas over the head until they submit to my will. On the other hand that means I should be clearer first time around.

Though you did get to the point I wanted, that 'love' (not sex) is a genuine power, even in this world.

You might say that Willow's dive through the window and her (not-entirely accidental slow stripping of Tara in the course of the story) are both aspects of who she is in this story. She's willing to take big risks to save the world. But when she does she expects the universe to pay her back. And Tara's part of that.

The Dottie thing... Yeah, I want to work her into a future story. But short of giving her superpowers (only vaguely hinted at for the slayers-in-another-life) active involvement in the next story will take some thought. I very deliberately kept her out of the action here, fighting against the concept that a sidekick exists to get into trouble. No. See, Willow's perfectly capable of getting into trouble. :) Having made that point, next time I have to find a reason for her, though I do want her back.

Along with Lehane...

Since you ask the question... Lehane appeared there mostly to touch base with the character and show where she (and Buffy) were. But my feeling (unless I change something) was that she was being sincere. Buffy was - after Raiders - back to being a friend to Willow. Just one that had shacked up in lust (at the time) with her mortal enemy. You know, girl stuff :)

Rushed? Sure, by my own standards. But this was deliberately written for Nanowrimo. A novel in a month. Sure, it took a little longer, but the first draft was pretty much there in that time. Also, it's to match the movie style. I could've lingered in some places (and compared to the first draft actually did) but it was a choice. The next one is likely to take more time though as I suspect it will be the final part. I don't think many people believes Indiana Jones needs 4 parts!

What you're referring to though is more of a monster movie type story, which has its place - my background should show I love them too! - but in truth... that's not what the source material for this really is. It's adventure, it's swash and buckle. It's done in 2 hours and (looking at Raiders) you do that with some exposition to establish the threat and then... beat it. Could I do that better? Sure. But stylistically that's not where this was going to go. That would be a different story and one even less related back to Tara and Willow. Part of the thing I worry about with cross overs is that they aren't REALLY Tara and Willow. Just people who have the names. Part of how I try to get around that has been to keep it fast moving and not get into the characters in real depth. Keep it like a movie. Otherwise... it just seems further away.

But that's me and my reasoning.

I don't doubt that the direction you're talking about would be a fun one, but I hope you can see why I didn't go there :) But, like I say, it seems likely that the next part will be longer. More involved. I've pretty much pushed Women in Black back to Nanowrimo this year and so... started toying with Raiders 3 for now.

Thanks, willowtaralover

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:36 pm 
23. Volumey Text

The first draft of the final chronicle of this story is currently well underway. New places. Old faces. Whips. Hats.

Well, one whip.

Don't get the wrong idea.

It'll be a while yet as I have less chance to write now, but... it is happening.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:18 am 
9. Gay Now

Big Yay!

Posting while nude improves your mood...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8