The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Kitten Board Secret Santa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
In the spirit of the holidays, and thanks to a wonderful suggestion from esteemed kitten vazy, we’ve decided to run with an idea for a Kitten Board Secret Santa.

Here’s how it works:

• If you want to be involved, PM me with a prompt of your choosing (a prompt is a short description of what you’d like to see; “Willow and Tara at sunset”, “Willow choosing an engagement ring for Tara” etc) Try and keep it general enough that people have some scope to work with and of course that falls within the FAQ
  • If you send a prompt, you agree to receive one back in return. Upon receiving a prompt, you can choose how you to want to show it, be it artwork or a fic. The person receiving the prompt chooses how to express it, so a writer won’t be forced to draw/create a graphic etc or vice versa.
  • Submissions will be open from today until midnight PST Monday December 10th, then the prompts will be redistributed. You’ll have until January 1st to present your gift.
  • All fics/art/etc should be posted in this thread, along with the prompt you received and anything you’d like to say yourself. We won’t disclose who sent what prompt unless the person themself wants to reveal it was theirs.

Remember to PM me your prompt instead of just writing it here if you want to get involved, so we can keep them private until redistribution. Also with your PM, say if you’re not willing to cover NC-17 material so that can be accommodated for. The idea is to be open to the new idea, but the more people involved the better, so we’ll do our best to work that out.

What's better than a W/T-themed gift exchange?

People might want to review the FAQ before starting, particularly the areas relating to artwork and fic.

(Thanks to vazy, drlloyd11, Kajun and Delenn for helping out with this :) )

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: The Kitten Board Secret Santa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Submissions are now closed.

Your prompts will be randomly redistributed and everyone should be receiving them shortly. If you haven't received them within a couple of hours, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who bit the bullet and got involved and I'm looking forward to seeing all that is produced :)

Remember, deadline is January 1st!

:kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:54 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
DIBS, BITCHES! :whip

Just kidding. Happy holidays everyone. Here is my contribution to the Secret Santapalooza.

From Planet Sappho in the Lesbos Galaxy; alien super hotties, TaraNova and Wonder Willow, join forces to battle evil and injustice with the power of love. :wtkiss

Attachments:
File comment: My prompt was "Willow and Tara super powers"
TaraNova and WonderWillow.png
TaraNova and WonderWillow.png [ 163.55 KiB | Viewed 5233 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Just a reminder that the deadline is January 1st. Happy creating!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
WillowFish wrote:

Just kidding. Happy holidays everyone. Here is my contribution to the Secret Santapalooza.

From Planet Sappho in the Lesbos Galaxy; alien super hotties, TaraNova and Wonder Willow, join forces to battle evil and injustice with the power of love. :wtkiss

Damn.....that is awesome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

My prompt was;
Quote:
Tara can't sleep. What does she get up to? And what does Willow talk about in her sleep?

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the picture but my scanner is back at my flat and I'm here at home. Hope its what you're looking for!
Merry Late Christmas and Happy New Year :grin

EDIT: Here's the scanned copy, it looks so much better this way! Might try colouring it at some point.

- With You Around, YellowCard

Last edited by vazy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Prompt: Willow and Tara in any type of crossover.

Title: When the Scoobies met Scooby.
Setting: sometime after Family and no spoilers for Scooby Doo
Disclaimer: Buffy the vampire slayer and Scooby Doo belong to their respective owners
Rating PG-13

Willow and Tara were walking home through the streets. Willow had been waiting for Tara to finish her evening class, and now the pair were happily headed home, hand in hand. They talked about their day, they’d had Drama class together, but hadn’t seen each other for the rest of the day. So there was much joyous catching up to do, and they were having some well-earned couple time, just for themselves.

The last few nights had been fairly peaceful in terms of evilness roaming the streets, however the air of peace was shattered when panicked cries cut through the night.

Acting quickly, the Willow and Tara followed the shouts and sounds of mayhem to an alleyway, where they found a group of vampires were attacking a small group of people, who clearly weren't doing well in the fight. Especially as one of the group was holding a large brown dog in his arms, and cowering at the back.

The two witches clasped hands, stepping forward in long practiced ease they declared in unison, “Ignis incende!”

Bolts of fire arced from their outstretched hands hitt the vampires with precision. Now it was the vampires turn to cry in pain and fear as the fire consumed them completely, leaving nothing but ashes.

No sooner had the ashes drifted to the ground than the group began to talk.

"What just happened?"

"They just turned to dust"

"But what made them do that?"

The two witches stepped out of the shadows, "That would be us," Willow said with a small wave hello.

"Who are you two?" A blonde guy in a blue and white Jumper asked.

"I'm Willow and this is Tara," Willow said, holding up Tara’s clasped hand.

Tara waved hello with her free hand.

The first member of the group to step forward looked eerily familiar "I'm Daphne.”
She pointed at the rest of the group in turn "This is Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby."

Willow’s eyes widened as she took in the purple clad woman.
She shot a glance to Tara who had a mischievous grin on her face.

"And those guys were vampires," Tara added helpfully.

"Vampires are real?" Velma said.

"Yep, how did you get trapped by them anyway?" Willow asked.

"Well we were trying to trap them, to find out who was under the mask. That mask turned out to be their actual face." Daphne said, pointing towards the scorched net lying on the floor.

"The trap worked for one of them, but then the other two showed up,” Velma added, looking a little defeated.

"I thought we were done for," Shaggy interjected.

“Rampires bad.”

“They sure are scoob.” Shaggy replied.

"A talking dog called Scooby? A-are you mystery Inc?" Tara said.

"Wait, you know about us?" Fred said.

"Yeah, our friend Xander showed us your blog, how you go around unmasking people pretending to be monsters? He loved it so much he even named our group, ‘The Scoobies’." Willow smiled broadly.

At that point Dahne stepped closer and asked "So, you fight these things?"

Willow grinned. Ever since she had found Mystery Inc’s blog, she had been teasing her best friend about her resemblance to a famous crime fighter.

"We mainly provide support with magic and research,” Willow said, “though sometimes we get to be cool monster fighters, um, like just now."

"Manily support? So who usually fights the vampires and monsters?" Daphne said.

After a few moments pause, to dwell on the fact that Buffy had a red-headed doppelgänger, who was now asking about her, Tara managed to think of a coherent answer

"W-well Buffy does. She's the slayer?"

"I think we should meet these other Scoobies Scoob,” Shaggy said to his best bud.

“Ru-huh,” Scooby said.

After a short walk, the whole group made it to the magic box, where the rest of the Scooby gang were hanging out.

"Hi," Willow grinned as she walked through the door, Mystery Inc looking around with interest as they entered a genuine magic shoppe, possibly for the first time.

"Is everything alright?" Buffy said, spotting Willow’s exceptionally mischievous grin.

"Yeah, well we just rescued some people, and thought we should all meet," as the other group walked through the door she added "this is the rest of our scooby gang: Buffy, Dawn, Giles, Xander and Anya. Guys, these are Mystery inc. Daphne, Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby."

Dawn looked blown away, as if meeting genuine movie stars, "Wow, you guys are great."

"So how many of the different myths are real?" Daphne asked Buffy, cutting straight to the chase.

"Well let's see, Witches, demons, werewolves and slayers are all real. And of course you can't forget Santa."

“Santa's real?”

“Yeah, though from what we've heard not as jolly as everyone says. From experience, most things tend to be real. Except maybe leprechauns."

While Buffy and Daphne chatted they were oblivious to the others staring at them.

Each group had clearly spotted their astonishingly similar appearances, the only major difference being hair colour and dress.
After a moment they fell silent, noticing the funny looks.

"What's wrong?" Buffy asked, looking just a touch annoyed.

"You two haven't noticed anything… familiar about each other?" Giles asked the pair.

"Our outfits?"

"Jeez Buffy, you two could be twins!" Dawn exclaimed in disbelief

"No we don't, i mean she's ginger, and i know better to wear purple. That shade does not go with... anything."

"Hey! At least i don't dress like a lesbian!"

"Hey!" said many voices in protest.

“It’s true Buffy. You do dress kinda butch these days,” Dawn added, enjoying taking shots at her sister’s dress sense.
Buffy glared, her sister neatly having taken Daphne’s place in her sights.

"H-hey mellow out, monster fighters. Th-there are s-some similarities." Shaggy said, nervously trying to stop the impending fight.

"Is that even possible?" Daphne asked.

"Very possible, it's happened before. It even helped Xanders confidence," Anya said cheerfully,

"Oh."

"It is kinda obvious." Velma commented

Willow who up until this point had been struggling to keep a straight face, just had to speak, "Ok, look. Just really look at each other,"

“I have been looking!” Buffy protested.

Tara laughed softly as Willow tried to break through Buffy’s blindness. “Look harder Buff. How are the two of you similar?”

"Well… we're both small," Buffy eventually admitted.

“Actually, I’d say we are both the right height,” Daphne said with a ‘just so’ nod.

"Yep," Buffy said, unconsciously mimicking Daphne’s nod.

Willow and Xander both had ear to ear grins. "Now, focus on the face."

"Same eyes and nose," Daphne said looking thoughtful.

"You know our faces are sort of similar."

A moment later they looked away from each other and announced "We're dopplegangers" Buffy noticed the look on Giles' face and added "I do listen to you… eventually."

"D-d-dopplegangers?" Shaggy spoke in alarm, “That doesn’t sound good Scoob!”

“Ruh-Roh!”

"It means they're doubles" Velma replied, calming the two panicky members down with practiced ease.

"Oh, that's good. Got any super yummy grub guys? We’re starved!"

"We should do," Giles said. He vanished out back and returned a few minutes later, carrying a platter piled high with snack foods.
Both shaggy and Scooby leapt at the platter, eating their way through the food with astonishing speed.

“Good lord, you’re worse than Xander!” Giles exclaimed, looking with appalled fascination at the two-fisted eating going on in front of him.

“You know those snacks were for everyone,” he muttered.

“Um, forry,” Shaggy said with a stuffed mouth, not slowing in the slightest.

“Hanging out with our, uh, other friend all day made us just a liiittle bit hungry,” he explained when he stopped for breath.

“Other friends? You have other friends now?” Daphne said, just a little bit accusingly.

“Who is your other friend Shaggy?” Velma said.

“Uh, um, Mary-jane?”

Some hours later, the two witches were walking back to their dorm.

"Imagine if Miss Kitty could talk. She’d probably still be focussed on catnip, food and jumping at loose bits of string. “ Willow said, cheerfully swinging her free hand as she walked.

"She’d still be adorable though.” Tara smiled back at her.

“Definitely. Although I do want to point out, that I was the first one to have a run in with my doppelganger."

“I know, you were sweetie." Tara squeezed her hand gently

“I mean we've had two separate doppelgangers in about 6 months, three now. They should call it year of the doubles or something.”

Willow looked thoughtful, “Hey, do you think that world’s Willow has a Tara?" Willow asked.

"I'm certain of it. Every world’s Tara should have a Willow."

"And every world’s Willow should have a Tara."

They leaned together and shared a kiss.

“You know, other world me, had a thing for leather. I’m starting to wonder what other world you would look like…” Willow said thoughtfully.

Tara leaned in and whispered in Willow’s ear, “Lets find out sweetie.”

Willow went cross-eyed at Tara’s warm breath, and her smile was ear-to-ear. “Oh boy.”

The end

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm 
2. Floating Rose

drlloyd11 wrote:
WillowFish wrote:

Damn.....that is awesome

:blush Awwwww, shucks. I'm just glad you enjoyed it.

vazy wrote:
My prompt was;
Quote:
Tara can't sleep. What does she get up to? And what does Willow talk about in her sleep?

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the picture but my scanner is back at my flat and I'm here at home. Hope its what you're looking for!
Merry Late Christmas and Happy New Year :grin

ZOMG! SO CUUUUUUUUTE!! :wtkiss

Mgraham93 wrote:
Prompt: Willow and Tara in any type of crossover.

Title: When the Scoobies met Scooby.
Setting: sometime after Family and no spoilers for Scooby Doo
Disclaimer: Buffy the vampire slayer and Scooby Doo belong to their respective owners
Rating PG-13

This story gave me feels, happy feels. :love I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Your prompt is:

Willow and Tara make hot and sweaty monkey love.

Attachments:
secretsanta1w.gif
secretsanta1w.gif [ 108.08 KiB | Viewed 5069 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
Nice work!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 pm 
2. Floating Rose

:shock

MochaVamp wrote:
Your prompt is:

Willow and Tara make hot and sweaty monkey love.

:sheep :luv

If I was squeeing any harder you'd hear it from space. :clap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
Hello everybody. My prompt was: Tara gets jealous.
This might not have been the direction my prompt person was hoping I'd head in, but I enjoyed working on this, and I hope ey, and everyone else, enjoy it as well.

Happy new year.
Kay

The Green-eyed Monster

Tara had wanted a cat since the summer after her senior year, the one she spent living out of a repurposed cake van. Her family had never been good company, except for her mother when she wasn’t sick or sad, and Tara had never had more than one or two friends, but still, there had always been people around. Weston Hall at UC Sunnydale housed quiet people who didn’t often leave their rooms. Alice, the other freshman girl across the hall, would smile at Tara while they brushed their teeth sometimes, but she didn’t really count as a friend. The Wicca group certainly didn’t. So a cat would be good to keep her company.

Willow mumbled next to her in bed, and Tara shook off her thoughts of pets and turned to look at her lover in the moonlight. Everything was black and gray in the darkness, but Willow’s hair still held the promise of color. Tara brushed it out of her face, where it lay splayed from Willow’s tossing and turning. A strand must have tickled her cheek, because Willow giggled in her sleep.

At first, Willow’s late night ramblings had startled Tara, who did not sleep much or easily. Their first night together, Willow had yawned herself to sleep on one side of the twin bed, and Tara had balanced herself at the far edge of the mattress, afraid to invade her friend’s personal space. Muscles tight and heart hammering, Willow’s heat brushing against the skin of her shoulder even though they weren’t touching, Tara had lain awake, listening to Willow’s breath and studying the shadows her curtains cast on the wall. Even the five hours a night Tara usually slept seemed out of reach, but in the end she started to doze. Just when she started to dream herself, Willow had shouted, “Prepare the salt cannons! The slugs are advancing!”

Tara had jumped and tumbled off the bed.

Now, Tara wrapped an arm around Willow’s waist and pressed their naked skin together, reveling in the privilege of the touch. She nuzzled Willow’s ear and kissed it, then settled her head into the nest of Willow’s hair, her chin on her sleeping lover’s shoulder.

Willow sighed and murmured, “Oz.”

Tara tensed. Willow moaned and shifted, and Tara pulled away. Outside of the covers, away from the pocket of heat she and Willow had made, the room was cold. She pulled her ragged cotton bathrobe around her and padded to the chair in the corner, beside the window.

Oz, the ever-present menace to her happiness. But then, he was the one thing that would make Willow happiest, and Willow’s happiness was Tara’s. Wasn’t it? She glanced over at Willow on the bed, sleeping with a smile on her moon-drenched face, and the corner of Tara’s mouth quirked up. A draft welled up in the room, and Tara pulled her legs closer to her chest.

When she was younger, Tara had had a cat. She had found him, and she and her mother had cared for him, and Tara had named him Sparkles. Despite her love and care, Sparkles had shown interest in no one but Donny, who ignored him completely. Tara took a beating for feeding Sparkles tuna, and the soreness of her rear end had been the only result of her bribery. She made a leash for the cat and took him on walks, but he only walked to Donny. Finally, she had tried to simply hold Sparkles in her arms, and the cat had scratched her across her face in a mad scramble to escape.

“You caught sight of the green-eyed monster,” her mother said when Tara cried and cursed the cat.

Jealousy had been new to Tara then. She asked her mother if her eyes would turn green when she became a monster, and sometimes Tara still checked her eyes for any sign of verdigris. Especially when Oz was lingering nearby.

What Tara knew about Oz was limited by the sobbing tales Willow had told her a few months ago, when they had met. He had played bass guitar in a band, been quiet and gentle and secretive, and had slept with another werewolf, who went after Willow in a fit of green-eyed monster evil. Oz had torn the throat from the girl, who had lazed in a chair two rows behind Tara in her Celtic history class, perking her ears only at the legend of the Irish werewolf.

Tara had known what Veruca was and avoided her out of fear that she would smell the demon in Tara’s blood and consider her a territorial threat. Tara had made an even greater trespass onto marked territory now. Oz lived here, in the moon-washed room with his body lined up against Willow’s, never cold or confused; Tara was a visitor in this place until the vacationing owner returned.

Maybe he wouldn’t, Tara told herself, but that wasn’t quite the point. Oz had left, dropping Willow into her lap as he went, but he was still here. Willow could pick out the bass in any song Tara played on her little boom box, and she named the phases of the moon whenever she caught sight of it. Even the way Willow wrapped her arms around the necks of large, friendly dogs made Tara lonely. Oz didn’t have to come back and reclaim Willow as his own; she would never belong to Tara at all.

And this was a good thing. Tara had made the mistake, before, of thinking that if Willow could love a werewolf, she could love another kind of demon. When Willow had asked her to do the spell to locate demons with her, though, Tara had woken up and faced the difference: Oz was infected. Something had happened to him that wasn’t his fault. What had happened between him and Veruca, the hurt he’d caused Willow, was a symptom of sickness, not an act of evil. Tara had evil in her veins. In the end, she was to blame for the pain she caused. Sabotaging the spell had bought her time, and she could buy more as it slipped through her fingers, but in the end, she was a monster. And Willow had enough monsters in her life.

This was what Tara resented most. When Oz came home, he would be home for good, and life would go back to normal. Oz changed, he was a monster for a while, but he had the chance to change back. Tara never would. What she would lose would be lost forever. Her love, her freedom, gone the way of her mother, to a place where she would never touch them again.

Willow stirred, and Tara ached to touch her. She rolled over, and the blanket slipped off her naked shoulder, and her arm hit the cold, empty space where Tara had been. Groaning, she raised up on her elbow and squinted around the moonlit room. Tara swept across the space between them, pulling the blanket back over her and coaxing her down onto the bed. Willow smiled as she nuzzled back into the covers.

“What are you doing up?” she asked.

Tara shrugged. Willow studied her face.

“Is something wrong?”

“No, sweetie,” Tara told her, running her hand against Willow’s hair. “I just um, I don’t sleep that much. But I’m okay.”

Willow scowled. “You’d tell me if I kept you up, wouldn’t you?”

“You don’t keep me up. I sleep better when you’re here.”

“Well I sleep better when I’m being snuggled,” Willow said. “And it’s past your bedtime, missy.”

She held her arms out into the cold room, and Tara climbed into them, rolling over Willow to her own side of the bed. Willow squeaked when Tara’s cold feet slipped under the covers and brushed her skin. They worked the bathrobe off and out of the bed, and Willow kissed her harder than a person who just woke up in the middle of the night should be able to manage. When they pulled away, Willow sank back onto her pillow and put a hand on Tara’s cheek. Tara kissed her palm and smiled down at her.

“Your eyes,” Willow whispered.

Tara dropped Willow’s hand and put her own fingertips around her eye, as if she could feel a change in them by touching her face. The green-eyed monster. Willow had seen.

But Willow pulled Tara’s hand away from her eye. “They’re beautiful.”

A chill of panic was warmed by the love Tara felt at this gesture of affection. She turned it over in her mind like a precious coin in her hands, and tucked it safely away.

Tugging on the hand she held, Willow guided Tara into her arms and held her there. “You should probably close them though, if you want to sleep,” she said.

Tara smiled, letting her worries fall crumpled like her bathrobe on the floor.

In the morning, Willow buzzed and flitted around the room, rehearsing their plan for the day: breakfast, class, a walk in the beautiful Sunnydale sun, and then Tara’s first official Scooby meeting.

“So this’ll be different than the other meetings I’ve been to?” Tara asked.

“Absolutely. See, all the others you’ve been to are emergency meetings. There’s plenty to do when there’s not a crisis, though. Scoobying is a round-the-clock kind of deal, what with the constant demons and the observations of any interesting incidents and preparing for any possible upcoming crisis. Of which there are plenty. Just, not today.” Willow took a breath and glanced out the window. “At least, I hope not.”

Tara grinned at her. “Today’s for recon, then?”

“Right.”

Willow kissed her and dashed off to Stevenson Hall to change clothes. Tara watched the door close, sweeping a chill into the room as it went. The room was cold and empty, and frankly, more of a mess than she could clean up before class. She picked her bathrobe off the floor and dressed slowly, mulling over her thoughts of the night before.

She needed a cat, Tara decided. That way no matter what happened, she wouldn’t be alone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Hey all, just a quick note to say that my story will be late. There was a death in Adam's family and my holiday ended up ... not super. I'm home now, though, and can hopefully get my head back into writing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey, got back and finally remembered to upload a better quality copy of mine. Loving everyone elses work!

- With You Around, YellowCard