The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Challenge of Choice
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
• Title - Challenge of Choice
• Author name – Chaosbleeds
• Rating - Uh.... For now, just angst. PG? That's right folks. Have a parent or Gaurdian when reading this. And maybe tissues...
• Disclaimer -Spoilers! This is season 6 and on. Somewhere after Wrecked and all that. And these characters were amazing creations of the wonderful mind of Joss and many other people. Not mine...
• Feedback- uhhh. I just want to write. God, I need to write. So many ideas! But I shall answer questions and approval is loved. Disapproval is accepted with suggestions on making it better if I see it fit. :cool
• Summary- Willow does something stupid...... Well, this is season 6. I figured since her destroying the world meant Tara was dead, that we'd figure something else out so that she could still do something stupid. It makes the ending sooo much more awesome with the realism of makeup smoochies. :)
• Notes-You are amazing writers, and awesome fans. I am glad to join such a group.

"There was no pain
No fear, No doubt
Till they pulled me out
Of Heaven."

"I've read this tale
There's wedding, Then betrayal
I know there'll come a day I'll want to run and hide."

"I lied
I said it's easy
I've tried
But there's these fears I cant quell."

"I don't think this is gonna work."

"Violate you? I... I-I didn't... mean it like that, I-I, I just wanted us to stop fighting."

"You don't use magic to make a fight disappear!"

"You have to be strong. I'm trying to..."

"Trying to, to what?! Desert me?! Abandon me?! Leave me alone when I need somebody?!

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live."
"I knew it. I knew it was the end of world! I knew it wasn't real!"

"An, I just don't think we can do this in a year, and I'm not sure we're ready to take this step just yet."

He knew he had lost. Her bag was already packed. And she was already leaving.

"Miss Summers, she will be let off with a warning this time. And community service, but another slip up, and we will report this to Child services. You might want to think about if this is the right place for Dawn. Petty shoplifting is only a start for most."

"I understand officer. Thank you so much," Buffy thanked the officer and shook his hand. It felt weird. Was it the human contact itself, or just the fact that she wasn't one to usually shake hands? She turned to her sister," Do you want to be taken away?! Seriously? Shoplifting? Do you want me to go get ski masks? Maybe we can rob a bank next! You can go to foster parents who have no idea of anything, and I can join Faith as an inmate!"

Dawn just walked away and ran upstairs.

"Stupid Bitch! Who does she think she is? How does she know what we feel? How it feels? She isn't dead.... Well, now she isn't. Bloody hell," Spike grabbed up the nearest whiskey and downed half the bottle in a short couple of seconds,"Fuck her! She'll get hers.... Who am I kidding? When she does I'll probably try to save her from that too."

Silence. The only sound at this time of night around the prison. She had grown accustomed to the sound.... the unsound... ugh. Maybe she should have finished high school. Maybe she should have done a lot of things.... Or maybe she shouldn't have done what she did. She would pay for her crimes. But for how long? Faith just took a deep breath and went back to meditating.

He just couldn't shake off how exhausted he had become since leaving Sunnydale. Since leaving his home for 6 years. Leaving his shop. His family. In their time of need he had left, but what could he do? They needed to learn, to grow. They would be alright. He picked up his cup of tea and sipped from it slowly. Yes, they had to be alright.

Tara was trying to concentrate on art history homework, but couldn't. Her heart was heavy. After hearing about what Willow did to Dawn, she couldn't help but think, if she had stayed, maybe things would be different. But then, she still didn't know if Willow had done anything else to her. What if everything was fake? What if their entire relationship was a lie? She knew she was over reaching, but she was so hurt....

Everything was so messed up. It was like they were all on different continents. She had to fix it. Magic didn't work nor could she do it(still going through sleepless nights of withdrawal), and no one would speak to anyone. What could she do? She sat at Willies bar. Never one to drink usually, she had really hoped that maybe it would clear her head. It wasn't working. She wondered if the dog on the bartenders t-shirt was supposed to be talking. Someone sat down next to her.

"Can I buy you a drink," The stranger seemed familiar somehow, but she couldn't quite place him,"I'm not here to rattle anyone's cage now. S'not my job. I'm just here as a friend to help. Things are pulling apart, and at a time when they need to be tighter than ever. Right?"

His stylish hat was slightly tipped to the side and she thought he seemed rather off, but handsome, and something told her he was alright,"Everything is screwed up. And I did it. I'm worse than frogs. Except my sliminess is on the inside...." She was talking with a slur, so she knew she had gone a bit too far, "We're supposed to be a family. And I know we can be one again. I just have to fix it."

The stranger nodded,"Some things can't be fixed tho. You just hafta let em heal. Do you truly think you're family can get thru whatever's going on?"

"They just need help. But I've got nothing left," She finally let a tear fall. The stranger knew it was dangerous, but things were going to happen soon. Something big was coming. And they wouldn't be able to face it like this. He was risking one of their own. He was asking her to risk herself, in a big way. To bet all she had left. But there was a love there, and a strength. He saw what she could not see herself. What only a hell god might have witnessed. He took out a small piece of paper.

"This can help you. The reward for winning this challenge is what you want most. Like, oh say, putting your family back together? But its a big risk..."

She didn't even let him finish, as she slowly took the paper and scanned its contents, "I'll give anything..."

"You may regret saying that. The challenge depends on your family. And the price for losing is high. Depending on all the people you care about, and betting your soul. Literally. If you lose, you spend the rest of eternity in a hell dimension. Lost to any way out. Restricted by a contract you sign. Do you truly believe in them that much? That putting them together again is worth risking that they will lose the only thing you have left?"

Willow didn't know what to say. What could she say? This would ultimately fix everything, or so it was said. But betting her soul on people who were so torn apart right now? They surely wouldn't help them first, then challenge them. She looked at her glass and just for a moment, she saw a flash of an old memory.

"You're my Amazon."

"It's worth more."
-----------------------
Chapter 2 Will be up as soon as I see my approval by our awesome Mods.... Mods right? Moderators? They have to approve this right?
Hmmm, Hows my writing? Feel like beating me up yet? lol

Chaosbleed

Post subject: Challenge of Choice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
• Title - Challenge of Choice
• Author name – Chaosbleeds
• Rating - Uh.... For now, just angst. PG? That's right folks. Have a parent or Guardian when reading this. And maybe tissues...
• Disclaimer -Spoilers! This is season 6 and on. Somewhere after Wrecked and all that. And these characters were amazing creations of the wonderful mind of Joss and many other people. Not mine...
• Feedback- uhhh. I just want to write. God, I need to write. So many ideas! But I shall answer questions and approval is loved. Disapproval is accepted with suggestions on making it better if I see it fit. :cool
• Summary- Willow does something stupid...... Well, this is season 6. I figured since her destroying the world meant Tara was dead, that we'd figure something else out so that she could still do something stupid. It makes the ending sooo much more awesome with the realism of makeup smoochies. :)
• Notes-Ok, hopefully I flushed it out a bit more. Opened thought process better, and I'm still working on doing dialogue better. But all in all, I'm proud of my 2nd chapter. :) Hope you all are too. And without further ado.....
Chapter 2

It was a long walk home. The air was cold, well, for Sunnydale. Things were so confusing in her head. Not for the first time that night she looked at the paper the stranger had given her. She had asked him who he was, but the only name he would give her was 'Whistler'. That's why she had recognized him. Buffy had told them about him long ago. He had tried to help them before. A slightly off description was given to Giles to draw, and research, but nothing really came up.

She shivered for a moment. Knowing well that it wasn't the cold, but her body going through another episode of withdrawal. The hunger, deep, unforgiving inside her willing her just to give in. To let go of all her suffering. One more spell wouldn't hurt, right? She couldn't give in. Couldn't give it the satisfaction. It felt like a prison for herself. All she had ever wanted to do was to help those in need, and to be the hero her friends depended on. Especially now, with Buffy so lost in herself from knowing the true peace that only can be imagined by being in Heaven. Had she of known, would she still have done all that she did? Did she truly know and choose to ignore those feeling in a selfish need for her best friend and their group leader back?

The only reason Buffy had survived so long was because of them right? The need to protect those she loved, and the love she felt from those loyal to her? She had thought, for so long, that their group could not be stopped. That the world would forever be safe, if they could all just do their part. There would be that small lapse every time though, where giving up felt like the better choice. The easier choice. The world continued to turn though. No one would ever know what Buffy had sacrificed for them, or what their small family had done. To still be called out, and blamed for small things. Buffy was constantly under watch by child services. They would never know that Dawn would be safer with Buffy than if she was with an entire military under instruction to keep her safe. Yet, they thought the young girl was out of order, and had no business raising her young sibling.

The babble of thoughts kept racing through Willow's mind, as she finally found herself in front of The Magic Box. She hadn't been in the store for quite some time. About a month since the accident with Dawn. The young teenager had yet to even look her way. She knew she was spending time with Tara though, and that gave Willow some comfort. At least she was spending time with someone that they trusted, and it also told Willow that, despite her worries that Tara would leave completely, she probably had no intention, since she had learn to love and care so much about all of them.

She took the paper out, one more time. Would she truly gamble her very soul away for the opportunity to put them back together? Even doing so may pull them all apart even worse. May pull her apart even worse. It required a summons. By magic. She would have to break her streak. A whole month without magic. The withdrawal was slowly dying down, and the emptiness was slowly numbing. Giving it up.... What should she do? What could she do? Each day brought them closer to a complete break. Everything was falling apart so hard. Putting it back together was going to be difficult, and she didn't know if they could do it this time. Xander had even talked about leaving Sunnydale for a job in San Francisco. Her best friend would be gone forever. Anya only stayed because she basically out right owned the magic box. Tara and Dawn just needed to get through school, but if Child Services had their way, Dawn would be gone by summers end. Then what of Tara?

Her love, her life? Had she really done those horrible things to Tara? Had she really given up her everything because she couldn't control her own magic? So selfish, so stupid. She couldn't help the silent tears as the pressure of guilt and shame built up in her chest. The overwhelming urge to just give up on everything. She was searching the magic box. Collecting things, here and there. Trying her best to think, to keep a calm head. She had to do it. Her family was falling apart. She had nothing left. She would have even less if she waited any longer. Giles was already gone, Xander was thinking about it, Tara would probably go too if Dawn was taken. Too many bad memories. What else could she do?

She gathered the last of the ingredients needed according to the little scratch piece of paper. There wasn't much to it. Mixing and meditating. That's all she had left to do. She took a deep breath.

When she woke up... wait this isn't right. You don't sleep when you meditate. Shit. She screwed it up. She screwed up the last shot she thought they had. How could she be so stupid? She not only screwed it up, but she had also used magic, and now was 2 for 2 on screw ups in one day. Something wasn't right though. She felt a pressure on her back. When she opened her eyes, the room was hers. But not. It was her stuff, in Buffy's room. She tried to move, tried to get up, but a pair of arms had encircled her from behind.

“Where do you think you're going without morning snuggles?” Tara's half smile came into view as Willow turned over in complete shock. Before she could question or even react, Buffy broke in to the room. Her smile was bright. One that Willow hadn't seen for some time.

Buffy looked straight at them and couldn't help but “awww” at them as she walked in and sat down at the end of the bed, “Alright you two. Up. Out of bed. We have a wedding to help plan. A soon to be bride to convince not to make us wear the ugliest dresses on earth, and Giles is freaking cause he doesn't know how he should walk down the aisle. Which I don't get. He's just giving her away. Arm through hers, and walk. He's been doing it for what? A million years?” She giggled, knowing full well what Giles would say to her for that comment.

Tara sat up slightly bringing Willow with her, without so much as a slight resistance. Willow may not have known what was going on, but she was going to let it last as long as possible. Tara looked to Buffy, “Give poor Giles a break. He's never done something like this. It came as a total shock that she asked him. Also, give us a break. I want my morning snuggles, and you don't get best friend access until I get them.” She quickly pulled Willow back down and brought the covers up over both their heads.

“Not even fair! She's my best friend first. We fought monsters and hell demons together since high school,” the Slayer declared as she pouted. Tara wouldn't give on the blankets though., “Fine, but you two better have your butts downstairs soon. Dawn is cooking breakfast for everyone. Which means she'll have the cereal ready after she cleans the burnt remnants of pancake batter off the pans.”

After her best friends departure from the room, Willow took her first look into Tara's eyes since the grieving look she got before Tara left the morning her and Amy came home from the bronze. There wasn't anything but love shining in those blue orbs. Deep oceans of it, and Willow didn't understand what was happening. And apparently, Tara didn't know what was going on either. Willow waved her hand in front of Tara's face, but it was like Tara was frozen in time. That half smile, the lidded eyes. It was like an eternal picture that she didn't want to let go. She lifted the blanket and looked around the room, wondering why her and Tara were in Buffy's room now. Nothing was making sense.

“It felt good didn't it? Seeing happiness, feeling loved. Even though it was for a second, it was enough to make you want that back even more. But what makes you think you deserve it? Or even more so, what makes you think they will help you? That's what this is. A big game. A challenge. It's like betting everything you have on a game of football and hoping that those football players are as good as you give them credit for,” A young woman stood in the corner of the room, idly staring at her, and at the room around them. She was shorter, standing there in tight blue jeans, and... a black sports bra? Did she forget to wear a shirt?

Willow shook her head. She had brown hair with light blonde highlights. Strong chin, and a serious look to her face. Her eyes were hazel, but with slivers of glowing silver. She wasn't human. Or at least, a part of her wasn't. She looked strong. Tight muscles, flat stomach. Much like Buffy and Faith, not someone you would know not to mess with unless you knew what to look for, “I've trusted them all with my life for a long time. Why would I stop now?”

A hint of a smirk came across the young girls face, and her eyes seemed somehow more silver than hazel, “Because this is no longer just your life that you're betting. It's your soul. You lose, there is no heaven for you, or coming back to life. No amount of magic, or strength will bring you out of the dimension I put you in. Not even the Powers That Be themselves can help you. It's legal. You are willingly making the bet yourself. Hell. You will be put away into something so dark, not even Satan would touch you. Not that he's the worst thing this world could ever see, but you get my point. Why would you want to risk all that for these people. They've given up on you, thrown you away for a couple of mistakes. I'll give in saying big ones, yes, but aren't friends supposed to stick by you no matter what?”

“I don't care. They've given me more than enough chances. They've been there constantly and I will continue to do the same. I love them,” she looked to the still very frozen Tara smiling at her, “I love her. They are my family, and she is my everything. I believe in them. I...”

The woman grabbed her by the shirt roughly, pulling her out of the bed . Willow hadn't even realized she'd moved from the corner, “Listen up, Rosenberg. I won't repeat myself after this! There is no turning back. There is no way to stop it. Once you make the bet, once you shake on it, once you corner yourself, there is nothing. No one can take your place, no one will hear your cries. Is that what you want? This isn't some board game. This isn't chess where you can create a strategy or you know the game. You don't know the game. I will throw everything I have at you. I will know you inside and out. The weakest part of you will be the target constantly and the strongest part of you will be beaten down through everything I have. I will make an arena set just for all of you. I will put them through their worst nightmares, show them everything that's been hidden from them. This isn't a game of physical strength or fighting. This is pure mental torture to you, and to them. That's what you're signing up for. I don't like being fooled with, so make a decision.”

“I already did. You're here aren't you?” Willow couldn't understand what was going on. She had already signed up didn't she? Why was this girl, (Monster? Demon?) trying to back her out of it?

The girl's eyes looked straight into hers. There was nothing but hatred. Then, for just a second, Willow thought she saw sadness. Pure guilt. As if this wasn't something she wanted. Wasn't something she did for a job, but was forced into it. Like she cared... “Fine. You'll have very little time. Say your goodbyes, cause I doubt you will have the time to say them ever again.” And with that, the world was once again black.

(Back at the real Summers home)

“Thanks Tara, for coming on such short notice. She's grounded. Petty thieving. I have no idea where Will is, and honestly don't think Dawn would listen to her right now anyway,” Buffy sighed. She was stressed. Spike was constantly following her since the incident at the abandoned house that night, and she still had no idea why she was allowing him so much control. Her eyes were heavy and black from so little sleep. Even her slayer instincts were shutting on her slightly.

Tara just nodded sadly, “It's no problem, Buffy. I needed to get away from the dorms anyway, and things have been so hectic, what with exams coming up before the break.”

“Well, still, help yourself to the kitchen as usual. I'll be home late,” the slayer stated, as she turned to the door, “And Tara? You know you are always welcome here. You don't have to wait for me to call. I know it's a little weird what with all that's happened, but she really misses you.”

Tara didn't know whether she meant Dawn, or Willow. As Buffy got to the door, Tara turned to go upstairs and see Dawn, when she heard the slayer gasp in pain. Tara turned around to see Buffy holding her hand. There was nothing to indicate that she had been hurt, but she still looked at Buffy with question.

“The door electrocuted me! What the hell?” She tried again, but to the same result. She was about to try again when a voice stopped her.

“Yo, I got it. Back to the cell. Yeesh. A girl can't get an extra minute to freshen up 'round here. Geez. Talk 'bout your assholes,” Faith turned to walk into her cell but instead walks right into Tara, “Yo, don't you have your own fucking cell... Whoa, wait! I know you.” She took a second to take in her surrounding, “Well this ain't good.... Now they gonna think I broke out.”

Buffy immediately went into a defensive position, until she noticed Giles in her kitchen making tea, “Giles?”

He turned around so fast as to drop his cup he was just about to fill, “Dear lord, what in heavens... Faith? Buffy, Tara? What is going on here?”

“I'd like an answer to that too? Can't a girl count her money without being randomly teleported?” Anya was wearing a pair of pajamas with money all over them.

Tara smiled, “Aww, you do like them? ”

Anya smiled, “They are super comfy. Best gift from a friend I ever got... Well, except when Hallie let me have that amazing vengeance where I tore this guy's...”

“Ok, not a topic of discussion I think appropriate for right now, especially since I have no idea how I went from the bar to here in 2 seconds flat... What's going on?” Xander came into the conversation. Receiving a glare from Anya for the interruption, and possibly for existing.

“Bugger all if I don't have to agree with nancy boy Harris on this issue. What the bloody business is happening here? Oh hey Lit'l Bit. How are you?” Spike was looking at Dawn as she descended the
stairs. Everybody started talking at once. No one could understand a word of what was going on. Nor could anyone leave. That was until Xander noticed something and yelled for everyone to stop.

They all looked at him expectantly, “Where's Willow?”

Post subject: Re: Challenge of Choice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

:bigwave Well hello! Two things- First, great pen name! I was just playing that game yesterday.

Second, I'm intrigued. I want to see where you are taking us with this story. Keep going! :kgeek

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

I think it's rather interesting so far. Gotta admit, in the beginning I was sorta confused but I started to understand.

Anyway, color me intrigued- I definitely want to see where this is headed.

Good job!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Well I know its been like two years since this was posted but I kinda hopped on the Buffy bandwagon a bit late. I've been lurking on the boards for like two months now. I just have to say this is a really interesting premise and I'd love to see it continued.