The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: W/T Vignettes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
Title: Stay With Me

Author: sandbarDragon

Email: jrs326@yahoo.com

Feedback: Yes please, but this is my first posted fic ever, so please be gentle.

Rating: NC-17 (I'm more inclined to rate this R, but I just wanna be on the safe side.)

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Contains F/F (duh), smut, spoilers for BtVS S5, maybe a teeny angst? idk, im bad at categorizing.

Summary: Willow and Tara search for solace. Immediately follows end of season 5. Told from both points of view.

Notes: My beta reader is not a member and doesn't want his name here, but thanks to him anyway. Also, I just want to toss this out there: I'm aware that this piece does not always follow conventional rules of grammar and sentence structure. It's all for emphasis. My first-person style varies widely from my third-person style. And I may be updating and adding more vignettes at a future date. Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stumble into the dorm room together. Neither of us can stand on our own. The days of constant running and no sleep are finally catching up. She collapses onto the bed first, gently pulling me down on top of her as she does. And she wraps her arms around me so tight, so possessively, and I know nothing can hurt me here. I settle into her body, nuzzling my face into her neck, and we don’t say a word. We haven’t spoken in quite some time, since leaving the battle site. We don’t need to speak, words mean nothing. All we need is each other.

It hasn’t totally hit her yet, Buffy’s death. It hasn’t hit me yet either, but it will. Soon. And I’m terrified about what’s going to happen to her when it does. She’s so strong; she can take on the world, and she often does, but I know she’s hurting more than she’s letting on. So I do what I can. I lay with her and I stroke her skin as I hold her body tight against mine; silently thanking her for everything she’s done for me. For all the love and care and devotion she’s given me. You’ve never faltered.

Finally I become starkly aware of just how dank and dingy we are, and my skin begins to crawl. I pull back from the embrace and rest my forehead against hers. She loves when we do that, and so do I. It allows us to really feel the forces of our energies intertwining. Only tonight we hardly have any energy left. I open my eyes and gaze upon her face, dirty and tear-stained and gorgeous. Always gorgeous. I look into her shimmering emerald eyes and I know: whatever happens, whatever you’re feeling, we will get through it together.

“Baby?” I’m only slightly surprised at how weak my voice is.

“Yes, my love?” Hers is weak too, but the words are powerful enough to melt me into a puddle before her. Despite everything, I can’t help but smile a little at her words.

“We should get cleaned up. When was the last time either of us had a shower?” I reach up to caress her face and she closes her eyes and pushes into my touch for a moment, and then turns her head and kisses my palm. She needs me now as much as I’ve needed her for the last several days. I’m here with you.

“A couple of days at least.” It takes a moment for her to find the words, but when she does she says them with a small smile and it makes my heart swell to see her smile again, even though I know it will fade at any moment. And fade it does, as she remembers. She pulls me in and buries her face in my neck as she begins to cry. There it is.

“I love you so much, Tara.” Her declaration comes through heavy sobs.

I squeeze her tight and sweep the hair away from her ear so she can hear me clearly when I say “I know, darling. I love you, too. More than you can ever imagine.”

Her tears saturate my shirt, but I don’t mind. She needs to cry and I’d rather she cry on me than anywhere else. I keep my embrace on her as tight as I can, though my arms are weak with fatigue. I want her to feel how much I love her. I want her to know that I will always be here. So I just hold on to her and let her cry in silence. My tears haven’t come yet.

She finally regains herself and I help her into the bathroom. It’s so much better having our own now rather than sharing communal showers. I ask her if she has the strength to stand in the shower. She doesn’t say anything, just starts the water and pulls me in with her. It’s amazing, the first time in what seems like forever that she doesn’t have to take care of me, but still she insists on it. She’s adamant and no amount of arguing would make her change her mind. But I don’t even think to offer an argument. She wants to keep me close. The feeling is mutual.

Her hands caress me all over with astonishing delicacy, and suddenly it’s even harder for me to stay on my feet. She holds me close as she massages the shampoo into my scalp and soap on my skin. She’ll never let go and I’ll never want her to. Her hands caress my skin, but there’s nothing sexual about it, only tenderness and love. God, I love your hands. She finishes with me and I do the same for her, grateful for the ability which I so often took for granted before. I run my hands along her body and I can feel her heart racing in her chest, her muscles tensing and relaxing beneath her skin. I’ll never want to stop touching you. We finishing washing and we stand beneath the water for ages, unwilling to leave the comfort of the shower and face the world again. She wraps her arms around me from behind in a manner so protective I’ve never experienced anything like it before. I melt into her body and she holds me so tight it’s almost painful.

Almost.

Then it strikes. The tears I’ve been holding in for so long release with a vengeance. She lets me cry in her arms and I know by her shallow breaths and heaving chest that she’s crying too. We don’t speak. We don’t need to speak. Her eyes and body tell me everything I need to know.

The tears stop again and we make our way back into the bedroom. I turn down the bed and climb in first. I look at her. She’s wearing her adorable baby cow pajama pants and I can’t help but smile inwardly. As soon as she’s within reach I take her hand and gently pull her toward me. She yields without the slightest resistance, wrapping herself around me and burying her face in my neck again. It’s her favorite place in the world to be - there or on my chest - as she so often says when she snuggles into me after we make love. I squeeze her tight, trying to convey all that I feel for her in that one embrace. Our bodies intertwine and she gently strokes my back with her fingertips. I return the gesture. You’re safe here.

Out of nowhere the memory of our quarrel before Glory found me bursts into my mind and I have to close my eyes to fight back a fresh wave of tears. I think she senses it because she grips me tighter and nuzzles deeper.

“Willow, I’m so sorry.” My voice has decided to leave me and I’m not even sure that came out as a coherent, audible sentence.

Apparently it did, though, because she lifts her head and looks at me with so much love and guilt in her eyes that I think I may just melt away beneath her. “What? Baby, no. No, no, I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. I never should have left you alone.” She’s crying again and I hate myself for bringing that on.

I reach up to wipe away her tears and hold her face in my good hand. “You were right to be angry. I never should have questioned your feelings for me.” I don’t know what else to say.

She pulls me in and places the most delicately deep and lingering kiss on my lips, then guides my head onto her chest so she can hold me there. This is definitely my favorite place to be, too. I can hear her whimper and fidget like she’s trying to cover every inch of my body with her own. “You’re my everything, Tara. I will never leave you. I promise.” Her words are soft and tender, but also fierce and determined and I have no doubt she means them with her whole heart. I clutch onto her tank-top like a frightened child because it’s the only possible way to get just a little bit closer to her than I already am. I know she loves me. There can be no doubt after everything she’s done and endured to keep me close and protected. She could’ve left me in the hospital, sedated and restrained. I don’t know why she didn’t. Surely I don’t deserve the soul-shattering love she’s found fit to bestow upon me. But I’m grateful for it nonetheless. I doubt I’ll ever be able to show her how grateful I am.

I lift my head to kiss her again. It starts slow, but I feel the passion rising as she rolls me over onto my back and straddles my hips. I’ll give her this, just for a moment, but I won’t let her take care of me anymore. Not tonight, at least. She hesitates to pull back, but she needs to breathe and I take the opportunity. I reach up to hold her face and stare deep into her eyes. “Babygirl,” she always blushes when I call her that, “you’ve been taking care of me for days.” I tenderly slide her onto her back and position myself on top of her, placing gentle kisses on her lips, cheeks, jaw, and neck. “Let me take care of you now.” I settle onto her and slide down her body, gliding my hands up her arms, across her shoulders, and down her torso until I reach the hem of her shirt. Slowly, I lift the shirt, inch by inch, covering her taut stomach in gentle, open-mouth kisses along the way. She whimpers and slightly writhes with each one. When I reach her breasts, I place two kisses on the undersides of each. I know you love that. She raises her arms so I can remove her shirt, followed by my own. We both sigh as I relax my naked torso into hers and she entwines her fingers into my hair, gently massaging my scalp while I brush my lips along her face, down her neck, to her chest. I hover above her right breast, placing a soft kiss on the hardened nub before taking it fully into my mouth and bathing it with my tongue. She moans and arches into me and I feel my clit twitch at the sound. I love making you moan. I switch breasts and repeat the process and her fingers press harder into my scalp. I take my time on her breasts, pressing my stomach into her center to help relieve some of the ache that’s building there. I can feel the heat radiating from her like an inferno. It’s been so long since I could touch you this way.

“Baby, take off your pants. I wanna see you,” she whimpers her request through heavy breaths and I comply. She pulls me in and kisses me hard, pressing our bodies together with fervent force. I can feel her need rising with a fury. Finally, I break the kiss and nuzzle her face with my own before running my tongue down her neck, between her perfect breasts, and down her abdomen, stopping to circle her belly button a few times, and then continuing until I get to the hem of her pajama pants. She raises her hips, tightens her grip on my head, and lets out a long, but soft moan. I can feel her heat and moisture before I’ve even make contact. I cup her clothed center with my mouth and allow my breath to penetrate the soft, thin material. She jerks and groans, much louder this time. In one swift motion, I slide her pants down her smooth thighs, past her adorable little knees, and off her ankles where they join the rest of our clothing on the floor.

She’s not wearing panties and I can see her passion spilling out onto the sheets. She spreads her legs wide and slowly gyrates her hips, silently begging for me. I move in quickly, running my tongue, bottom to top, through the wetness and flicking her engorged nub a few times before taking it fully into my mouth. Normally I love to make her groan in frustration and beg for me, but now is not the time for teasing and sweet torture. All I want right now is to love her and care for her and give her the comfort she so desperately needs.

“Oh yes, Tara!” She cries out and pushes my head further into her bucking hips as I continue my ministrations, circling her clit, then bathing it, sucking it, biting gently, then moving down to penetrate her entrance with my tongue. Her peak approaches swiftly, and I can feel her muscles beginning to tighten around my tongue. But before she comes I feel her pulling me up to face her. She kisses me deeply, cleaning her own essence from my mouth and pulls my body against hers. “Baby…I want…together…please,” the words are not coming easily to her and I can see her fighting back the emotion in her eyes. I know what she wants and I willingly comply, positioning myself between her thighs to press our centers together, and begin a slow grinding motion. She throws her head back and wraps her legs around mine, resting her calves behind my widely spread knees, and matches my rhythm. I duck my head to taste her neck, and suddenly I can’t get enough. I suck fervently on her flesh, knowing it will leave a mark and not caring. Clearly she doesn’t care either. Our moans become louder as I increase our speed and she turns her head to take my earlobe between her teeth. I can tell she’s struggling not to bite me too hard. Frankly, I wouldn’t mind if she did draw blood. Whatever you need, Love.

Her tongue on my flesh and her ragged moaning in my ear sets me on fire and I keep going, faster and harder, sending us both hurdling toward the edge. I wrap one arm around her shoulders to hold her close while my other hand grasps her hip for better leverage. She lets out a long, loud moan, digs her nails into my shoulders and rakes them down my back to my ass, which she squeezes and pulls me even harder into her. Our cries get louder with each thrust and she squeezes her legs tighter into mine while one of her hands roams back up my body and into my hair.

“Yeah, baby! Just like that, Tara! Please don’t stop!” Her throaty plea nearly pushes me over the edge, but I struggle to fight it back. I want to wait for her. I keep the pace fierce and steady as our mouths find each other’s again. My body is trembling. I’m so close. I need her to catch up.

“That’s it, baby. Come for me, Willow! I love you!” It starts as a gasp, but ends in a cry against her lips.

“Come with me, Taraaa!” It’s all she has time to reply as she tumbles into a screaming climax beneath me. My release follows immediately and our bodies shake, and tremble, and thrash against each other. I deliver a few more post-orgasmic thrusts and am rewarded with another “ohhhh, Taraaaa!” as we both get swept away by another wave of climaxes before the first subside. I love hearing my name from your lips. We ride out the waves together, clutching each other tight, kissing hard, and gasping for breath.

When we come down, I shift to relieve her of the extra body-weight, but she stops me from moving and pulls me tighter. “Stay with me,” she whimpers with absolute desperation.

“Always,” I whisper my response and snuggle into her, wrapping my arms around her back, and pressing the sides of our faces together. She still hasn’t released my legs and I don’t want her to. We cling to each other as if the slightest slack will send us hurdling miles away from one another.

She’s still trembling and I don’t think it’s all because of her orgasms. She needs another kind of release, and I know it’s coming soon. I know what’s going through her mind and I wish I could take her pain away, but I’m helpless as I feel her slipping into darkness. “I love you, Tara.” She says it over and over, each time more desperate and shaky than the previous until it finally consumes her. The tears burst forth and she sobs violently in silence against me. I’m here, darling. Let it all out.

There’s no possible way we can get physically closer, so I do the only thing I can think of. I roll us over so I can cradle her head against my chest. I run my fingers through her hair - the pain in my hand seems like nothing now, her love and her need overshadow it completely - and I sing softly to her. She won’t understand the words, they’re in ancient Gaelic; an old lullaby my mother used to sing to me when I was young and frightened. With my other hand, the one that’s not in her hair, I slowly caress the length of her arm with my fingertips and I can feel her muscles beginning to relax. She breathes deeply and her sobbing lessens. She squeezes me tighter, silently thanking me and offering her love. I kiss her head, but don’t stop singing. Please sleep, my love. I promise I’ll be here when you wake. Eventually her sobbing ceases, her breathing steadies, and she slowly drifts into sleep. I continue my song for a few more minutes, afraid that sudden silence will tear her from much needed rest, and I feel my tears beginning to resurface. I had to wait until she slept, I can’t burden her with my own pain right now. She needs me to be strong now, and that I will. I’ll be strong. I’ll be anything. For you. For my love. My Willow.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We help each other into the bedroom. But I think she’s helping me more than I’m helping her. The exhaustion of countless restless days on the run is finally catching up. I release a loud sigh and collapse onto the bed, pulling her down on top of me. I fold her into my arms. I won’t ever let anyone hurt her again. She nuzzles into my neck and we lay like that for a long time. In silence. Silence is comforting. We don’t need words.

I hold her against me, so glad to have her back. She was there, but she wasn’t with me. And it hurt so bad, not being able to get through, to make her understand how much I love her and need her. My best friend is gone, but if I lost Tara too, I don’t think I’d ever survive.

My best friend is gone. It still hasn’t quite sunk in. I’m bracing myself for the blow.

She’s holding me tight and stroking my skin and I know she loves me as much as I love her. Don’t ever let go. She pulls back and pushes her forehead into mine. She knows I love that. Our noses touch and she looks at me with those soulful blue eyes, so full of love. I always get lost in them. And they let me know that she is here with me, that she’ll never let me go.

“Baby?” She breaks the silence and I release a breath I didn’t even know I was holding.

“Yes, my love?” With every sentence I say, no matter how mundane, I want her to know how much I love her. I see her eyes glaze over with my words and she smiles a little.

She smiles.

God, how I’ve missed that beautiful smile.

“We should get cleaned up. When was the last time either of us had a shower?” She puts her hand on my face and I can’t help but to push into her touch. I close my eyes, relishing the sensation. Her wonderful hands. I kiss her palm; feel the love rolling between us. She’s here with me. Do you have any idea how much I’ve missed you?

“A couple of days at least,” I can’t help but smile at the thought. We’re pretty dingy. Why are we so dingy?

Oh yeah.

I can’t hold back the tears and I can’t stand the two inch distance between us anymore. I pull her close, sealing our bodies together. I wish I could just crawl up inside her and live there.

I cry. And I cry. And I cry some more. It won’t stop. “I love you so much, Tara.” I have to tell her. I know she knows it, but I have to say it.

She squeezes me tight and brushes my hair behind my ear. “I know, darling. I love you, too. More than you can ever imagine.” My heart melts in her grasp. If you love me half as much as I love you, then I may have a clue. I can’t stop crying, both in pain for my loss and joy for my love. It’s a strange sensation. She holds me close and I can feel her love surging through me. She’s here with me.

She’s not crying. She’s so strong. Her strength gives me strength and I find my center again. We work our way to the bathroom. After sharing communal showers with a dorm full of other girls for a year I will never take having my own bathroom for granted again. She helps me undress and says something. I’m not really listening. I can’t. All I can think is how I’ll never let her out of my sight again. Out of my grasp. I pull her into the shower with me. I won’t leave you alone.

I hold her close as I help her wash. I run my fingers through that silky hair I so love to play with. My hands caress her amazing body and I have to consciously keep myself from hitting the floor. I’ll never stop taking care of her. I finish with her and she does the same to me. I shiver at her touch. It’s been so long since she’s touched me. I have to hold on to her to keep my knees from buckling. We rinse off and I wrap her in my arms from behind and just hold her. Don’t ever leave me.

Now she’s crying. Please don’t cry. I hate seeing her in pain. Now I’m crying too. I squeeze her tighter and we wallow together. I’m here with you.

The tears come and go and we’re back in the bedroom. She climbs into bed and I can’t move. I just watch her, observe her, absorb her. God, I love you. She looks at me and even though she tries to hide it, I can see her amusement at my pajama pants. I know they’re her favorite. I take a step and as soon as she can reach me she pulls me into bed. I immediately wrap myself around her, bury my face in her neck, and she does the same. I love this place. This is my home. She squeezes me tight and I can feel the love. I run my hands through her hair and along her back. I just want to feel you.

I feel her tense up. I know what she’s thinking. Please don’t go there, my love. I was hoping she wouldn’t remember our fight, but it’s ok that she has. I never meant to hurt her. I think deep down she knows that. It broke my heart to hear her doubt my devotion to her, but I understand it. I’m not angry. I know where her mind is going and I tighten my grip and settle deeper into her, hoping it’ll push away her fears and doubts. It doesn’t.

“Willow, I’m so sorry.” It’s less than a whisper. Her voice is heavy with pain.

I look at her. She looks so afraid. I have to fight those fears away. “What? Baby, no. No, no, I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. I never should’ve left you alone.” And I mean those words. I’ll never forgive myself for walking out that door and leaving her to face the world alone. If I just stayed and talked it out, none of this would’ve happened. I never would’ve come so close to losing her.

I don’t realize I’m crying again until she brushes my tears away. “You were right to be angry. I never should’ve doubted your feelings for me.” No. I’m never right to be angry at you. You deserve only love. I have to show her how much I love her.

I pull her in and kiss her deeply with epic tenderness. You are my world. I place her head on my chest. This is your home. Live here with me. I struggle to get as much contact as possible. I want to absorb her into me. “You’re my everything, Tara. I will never leave you. I promise.” What else can I say?

I know what she’s thinking. Why didn’t I just leave her there to rot in the psych ward? How could I? How can she think that? Don’t you know that I’d be empty without you?

She lifts her head and kisses me. It’s slow at first, but I can’t keep it slow. I need you. Now. I deepen the kiss and roll her onto her back. God, I’ve missed you. That kiss could’ve lasted hours, but I still need to breathe. I pull back only because I have no choice. She lifts her hands and holds my face. She looks deep into my eyes. I’m lost again. But I’m not complaining, no better place to get lost.

“Babygirl,” I know I’m blushing. You know I love it when you call me that. “You’ve been taking care of me for days.” Her words are soft and gentle. She slides me onto my back and gets on top of me. Stay here forever. She kisses me. First my lips, then my face, my jaw, then my neck. Kiss me forever. She looks at me again. “Let me take care of you now.” Am I still tangible? Because I’m pretty sure I’m just a puddle of Willow-goo by now. Her love completes me and I’ll never take it for granted. I’m so blessed to have you. She’s so graceful as she slips down my body and traces her hands up my arms, across my shoulders, and down my torso. Her touch sends fire through my flesh. She’s lifting my shirt, painfully slowly, and I look down to meet her gaze. There’s nothing in her eyes but tenderness and love. She’s kissing my stomach so softly with each inch of skin she reveals. With each kiss I can feel her love flowing through my veins. She gets to my breasts and places two kisses on the underside of each one. She knows that drives me wild. I lift my arms and she removes my shirt, hers too. I stare at her. So beautiful. So gorgeous. So amazing. She lays down on top of me and we both sigh in approval. I tangle my fingers into her hair – her perfect, silky soft hair - massage her scalp, and she lightly caresses my skin with her lips. All over my face, down my neck, all across my chest. I might come right now if she doesn’t stop. Not that I want her to. Please don’t stop.

She kisses my nipple before she takes it into her mouth with divine affection. I know I’m moaning and arching into her. I can never get enough. She takes her time on each breast, but she’s not teasing. No. Only bathing me in her love. She’s pressing her body into my center and again I fight the urge to climax. I’m so hot. So wet. And it’s all for you. How I’ve missed your touch.

“Baby, take off your pants. I wanna see you.” I need you. I’m surprised the words came out despite all the emotion rushing through me. She complies with astonishing grace. I grab her, pull her in, and kiss her hard, pulling her body so tightly against mine. Can you feel my love for you? She breaks the kiss and nuzzles my face with her own, telling me all I need to know. Then she slides her tongue down my neck, between my breasts, and down my stomach. She circles my bellybutton a few times. She always tells me I have the cutest bellybutton. She keeps going and stops where my pants begin. I moan long and hard, and raise my hips, begging for her. Fill me up with your love, baby. Please. I feel her mouth on me. She’s breathing me in. I shiver and flinch and nearly cry out. With the same grace as before, she removes the offending barrier and I’m open beneath her. Vulnerable. I trust you with everything I am.

I’m dripping; oozing, really. We’re gonna need to change these sheets. I spread my legs wide for her. Only for her. She moves in quickly, runs her tongue along my lips, and takes me fully into her mouth. Oh god, I’m already so close. She’s not teasing. She knows I can’t handle teasing right now. She’s only loving me, caring for me, worshipping me. You’re my Goddess.

“Oh yes, Tara!” I hear my own voice echoing off the walls and I push into her harder. I love your amazing tongue. She’s driving me to the edge and – oh god! She’s inside! My body trembles. No. Not like this. I pull her up to me and kiss her, claim her. I clean myself out of her mouth and crush her body into me. “Baby…I want…together…please.” I can hardly breathe. I fight back the urge to cry. You’ll never know just how much I love you. She knows what I want and she gives it to me. She places herself between my thighs and presses our centers together. Fuck, that feels so good. I always love it this way. She’s grinding into me and I can’t keep my eyes open. I wrap my legs around her and squeeze, countering her movements. She’s sucking on my neck hard. That’s right baby, mark me with your love. Fuck, I’m so close, but I want to wait for her. We’re moaning so loud, I know my neighbors will be pissed, but I don’t give the slightest damn. I have to distract myself. I take her earlobe into my mouth, forcing myself not too bite too hard. I never want to hurt you.

She keeps going, faster, harder, sending us both to the edge. She wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me tight against her. Her other hand grips my hip and, oh my god, it feels amazing. I slide my nails down her back and grab her delicious ass. God, I love that ass! She knows what I’m begging for and she increases the pace. I wrap one hand in her hair. I can feel our essences combining between my legs and it’s driving me up the wall. “Yeah, baby! Just like that, Tara! Please don’t stop!” Don’t ever stop.

“That’s it, baby. Come for me, Willow! I love you!” Those three simple words surge through me, suffuse my blood, and I can’t hold it in any longer.

“Come with me, Taraaa!” I’m gone. Screaming her name. Thrashing against her. She follows right behind. I force myself to open my eyes so I can see her, share in her ecstasy. I could watch you come forever. She doesn’t stop thrusting and I come again, immediately, still screaming her name. She’s riding the waves with me. She won’t let go. I don’t want her to. Our mouths interlock even though we’re both on the verge of passing out from lack of air. Her kiss is searing, scorching. I think I might just explode with my love for you.

We finally come down. Holy shit, that was incredible. You’re incredible. She shifts her weight and I know she’s about to roll off of me. No. I grab her and hold her tight. “Stay with me.” Forever.

“Always,” her whisper is so soothing, it pushes everything away and I’m left with nothing but my smoldering love for her. She snuggles into me and I cling to her as if our very lives depend on it. I’ll never let go.

I’m in heaven. I’m surrounded by her. By her warmth. By her love. But it doesn’t last. It never can. I feel the sorrow and the loss rolling in like a pack of wild wolves. “I love you, Tara.” I know I keep saying it, but I need her to understand. I’m frantic, trying to fight off the darkness, but it’s too strong. I’m slipping away. The tears come forth in vicious torrents and I lose myself in mourning.

She rolls me over and cradles my head against her chest. Home. She’s stroking my hair. Wait, isn’t that her broken hand? How? Now she’s singing. You always know exactly what I need. I don’t understand the words, but her voice is melodious, soothing, peaceful. It caresses my eardrums with an epic serenity that I’ll never find anywhere else but from the lips of my love. She strokes my arm with her fingertips, so gently. Knuckles to shoulder and back again, repeatedly. I tighten my grip on her and she kisses my head. You’re so perfect in every way. I feel my body beginning to relax as her voice and touch soothe me toward desperately needed slumber. I’m so tired. I can finally sleep, now. Now that I’m home. With you. With my love. My Tara.

~fin~

Last edited by sandbarDragon on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: W/T Vignettes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:05 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Hey Jackson,
That was superb. Very well done. I'm impressed with your use of first person: you nail artistic and sweet without being overly flowery or saccharine. You also used the words "grammar" and "sentence structure," which kind of instantly wins you a zillion points in my book.

I'm sadly overwhelmed by real life right now and can't leave proper feedback, but I wanted make sure you had some. People around here frequently don't know what to write in response to sex scenes, so don't get discouraged by the lack of responses.

I am generally a big fan of POV switches, but I was curious as to why you showed us both points of view here. You've written them so in tune with each other that we don't really learn anything new about them by seeing the other side. I feel like you had a perfect opportunity for them to be on different pages when Tara suddenly remembers their fight, but you have Willow instantly know (for reasons I wasn't clear on) what has her upset. Given that Willow does go right to their fight, I was hoping to see why when I saw you were writing Willow's POV, but you didn't really explore that. Could you comment on why you made the choice to have Willow understand what was upsetting Tara right away?

Oh, and you've got "sight" where you meant "site" in the first paragraph of Tara's view. Stupid homophones.

I hope you decide to write more.
Kate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
Hey Kate,

Thank you for the feedback. Tbh, I was getting a little discouraged. I swear I don't always write sex scenes. Lol.

I don't really know why I didn't go into broader detail about their fight. I had Willow understand immediately because I would imagine that it would've been plaguing her and weighing down her conscious the whole time since Glory's attack because, had Tara never recovered, I'm sure Willow was very aware that it would've been their last coherent conversation. I suppose she was expecting it. You're right though, it could've used some more attention.

The main point of this piece was to emphasize their switch in roles. Willow had been taking care of Tara for what I gathered from the show to be about a week (others have posed longer amounts of time, but I try to go by cannon.) And Willow was stressed to the max and utterly exhausted; she was essentially caring for a special needs child while at the same time trying to help fight off an impending apocalypse. So, again, my point was to display how, with everything that happened at the end of the season, Willow is now the one who needs to be taken care of and Tara is more than willing to do it. I suppose the only reason I even included the fight was because I felt it needed to be acknowledged somehow.

And I will fix 'sight' to 'site' immediately. Thanks for pointing that out. =]

Again, thank you for the feedback. I will definitely be writing more. I'm currently working on two separate epics (which, in case anyone was wondering, is where my username comes from) and I generally prefer to finish before I post because I make changes frequently throughout the process. But if I happen to veer off on another short side story and finish it, it will definitely be going up here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Looking forward to your next project! And what I said before which disappeared.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Jackson,

The detailed lovemaking makes it very tender, very real . . adding guilt over the fight is a layer I could see; their feelings together were powerful - your writing warmed me.

Thank you.

Ariel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
What Is ad before which disappeared was thta I like the diea; it's sort of whta I was doing in "Snapsots" before my "lifemitations" knocked it off track, although I've never done this particular moment.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.