The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lovers, The Dreamers And Me - Ch. 27 (02/15/13)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I absolutely love Mary's protectiveness for her girls and really scared the shit out of group and Kelly literally. Also it must've suck for Faith driving her there and I was wondering where's Tara's father is and what happened.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

That was one of the funniest things 've read in a long time...(admittedly, I have a sick twisted sense of humor) awesome update

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow, that was crazy (in a good way)! Oh, I'm a little scared of Mary and I didn't even do anything haha.

Well Miss Kelly don't know how to take no for an answer hope she got the message this time lol I'm pretty sure she did. What a way to screw with the girls, make it so they can't be intimate. That's messed up!

Good update and you were right I was surprised :) keep it comin. I'll be waiting!

-Leah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Finey_McFine: Hey, Shelby! Congrats on the dibs! Glad you liked Mary's "performance". A little explanation on how she did that is coming up. I'm not saying she doesn't have biceps because she does do physical work with the dogs, but the explanation is simple really. The bottomline is, she goes all out to protect her loved ones, thus her nickname, and "Mama Bear" may be making another appearance in a few chapters.

You know, the rod/blue balls was fun to write, and Giles just fell right into that role. Poor Giles. LOL

Damn, you have lots of questions. LOL Kelly and everything else will be explained/revealed soon...well, sorta soon...okay eventually anyway.

I'm glad you liked Willow's reaction. She already disliked Kelly, and then all this, well, yeah, I could see her doing exactly what she did. I almost would've loved to see Buffy just let her go. Thanks for the feedback!

leos_pride: Hey Leo! Ooh, so close on the dibs! LOL I'm glad this helps you enjoy your Fridays! That makes me feel so good.

You're absolutely right -- you don't want to piss off a Mama Bear, especially by messing with her cubs. She'll definitely be making another appearance too, and with good reason.

The girls are definitely fit to burst. I know it's hard to believe, even for me, but yeah, as of the last chapter, they had just made up the weekend before (trip to the creek and the big talk, Willow spent the night and they found out about the big stuff, then they made plans for Tara to spend the next weekend at Willow's).

Speaking of fit to burst, I might just have spent this week writing nearly two full chapters of well, finally bursting. It's been exhausting LOL, and I really hope it doesn't disappoint. Unfortunately, it's still a few weeks away before those chapters will be posted, so hang in there. Thanks for the feedback!

Willow_Friendly: Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed Mary protecting the ones she cares about. You'll be seeing more of that later on too. And yes, Kelly did have a little incontinence problem thanks to Mary. LOL

As for Faith driving Mary there, it probably wasn't a picnic, but she's been around her for years, so I'd say she's used to it, just maybe not to this extent. Somebody using magic on her girls and screwing with them is a definite no-no.

As for Tara's dad, I believe that was explained in the chapter where they made up from the big blow up and were having a little getting-to-know-you talk. Basically, he was a repeated cheater and Mary didn't put up with it and left his ass. They haven't seen him or heard from him since, and it's no great loss. Thanks for the feedback!

blade13: Hey blade! Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. That was actually one of the funnest to write, so it makes me happy that you guys liked it as much as I did. And hey, sick and twisted is always fun. Thanks for the feedback!

youremyalways: Hey Leah! Crazy is a great way to put it. Mary was pretty scary, wasn't she? But you don't need to worry, well, unless you mess with her family. Scary Mary will definitely be making another appearance in a few more chapters, so be prepared. LOL

Kelly isn't exactly mentally stable, but I think Mary made an impression on her. A little more on Kelly coming up soon. Thanks for the feedback!

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

Post subject: Re: The Lovers, The Dreamers And Me - Ch. 28 (02/22/13)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

TITLE: THE LOVERS, THE DREAMERS AND ME

AUTHOR: Wimpy0729

RATING: R

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and all other BtVS characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc. All other characters, human and otherwise, belong to me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have no beta, so all mistakes are my own. For any glaring errors, please PM me.

As always, a huge thanks to all for reading and/or replying.

CHAPTER 28

Tara jerked, swiped at the tickling sensation on her nose and slowly opened her eyes to a sea of red. A huge smile bloomed across her face as she gently smoothed the hair back and looked down to see her girlfriend sprawled across her chest. She still had the occasional nightmare, but they weren't nearly as bad when Willow was with her. Now when she awoke from the darkness, Willow was like a beacon at the end of her tunnel.

"Beautiful," she sighed to herself.

"Mmm...yes, they are," Willow giggled as she placed a light kiss on the clothed breast beneath her cheek. She nuzzled against the tank top then looked up to the smiling blonde. They brought their lips together softly and broke away with a sigh.

Tara tilted her head and tapped a finger on the freckled nose.

"How long have you been awake?"

"A little while. I've just been laying here enjoying the view," Willow admitted with a saucy grin.

Tara blushed as Willow's gaze traveled down.

"Are you hungry? Because I'm starving," the redhead asked, with some definite innuendo.

Tara looked down at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Breakfast! I totally meant breakfast, I swear."

"Uh huh...sure you did."

"Well, I kinda did, cause you know, lots of work to do today. I need to find some boxes and get a few things packed up, and we're gonna need food for energy...did you buy any of that and do you like omelets?" Willow asked with an impish grin.

Tara just giggled. "I love omelets. Come on, let's get up and I'll help you."

Willow tucked an arm under her pillow and laid there with a smile on her face as she watched her girlfriend sit up and stretch. "Hey, gorgeous, how's your back feeling today?"

"Mmm...much better. Just a little tight."

"Yeah...tight," Willow sighed as the tank top pulled snugly over the blonde's chest.

Tara smiled at the look on the redhead's face and leaned down for a quick kiss. "How are you feeling?" she asked as she leaned over and rubbed her belly.

"I'm feeling pretty good actually, especially when you do that," she smirked. "Hopefully things will go back to normal soon after my little 'Magical Menstrual Tour'."

"My poor baby. I'm so sorry she did that to you."

"Hey, I'm just glad it wasn't something worse. What a nut case. It's scary that someone like her could get her hands on that staff."

"I know. That's the last type of person that should have access to anything like that. I hope she's not dumb enough to try it again."

"Well, I think your mom finally got the message across. And by the way, remind me to never piss her off."

Tara laughed as she got out of bed and grabbed her bag. "She can be a little overprotective, but lucky for you, you're now on her list of loved ones she protects. She's actually pretty harmless and just likes to put on a good show. That's one of the few times she'll use her magic aside from the healing."

"I cannot express how glad I am for that," Willow said as she pulled the covers back and stood up. "I'll let Chosen out and get breakfast started while you freshen up."

"I won't be long," the blonde said as she pulled the smaller girl to her for a slow, soft, real good morning kiss.

"Holy shit," Willow said as she stared at the basement. "This is like a house by itself." She slowly spun around and took in the details of the large area. The rec room section alone was amazing, and the quality of work was impressive, in as much as she knew about home remodeling. The warm colors and mostly subtle decorations gave it a very cozy atmosphere.

"Almost. There's the rec room, a bedroom, another small room we never really use, and a 3/4 bath. Oh, and the laundry room is over there behind those doors," Tara nodded to the far end of the room. "Faith gets bored and usually picks a new project for us to do about once a year."

"I love this bearskin rug...all cozy in front of the fireplace," Willow commented as she walked barefoot over the huge white, furry rug. She ran her hand along the large carved wood mantle and picked up one of the many candles adorning it and brought it to her nose. "Mmm yummy, and this fireplace is gorgeous."

"Thanks. Of course, the rug is faux but Faith just had to have it. We did all the stone work ourselves, and we found that mantle at a second-hand store downtown."

"Wow, what can't you do? Do you have your own tool belt?" Willow inquired eagerly with a twinkle in her eyes.

Tara wrapped her arms around her from behind and nuzzled into her ear. "I may have a tool belt...and a cowboy hat."

"Oh...my," Willow breathed out as she closed her eyes and melted back into her arms."

"Wanna see the rooms? We need to figure out where you want to put your work stuff."

"I was kinda thinkin' of trying out the pool table."

"You wanna play pool?"

"Not exactly," the redhead smirked.

Tara spun her around and took her by the hand.

"Come on. We'll have plenty of time for 'pool' later."

Tara showed her the large bedroom then opened the door to the other room. "What do you think?" she asked as she showed her the smaller room, which really wasn't even that small.

"It's perfect, baby. I just need to buy a small desk and maybe something for storage and I'll be good to go. I can just bring my laptop back and forth...for now," she said, smiling at the pleased look on her girlfriend's face. They both knew that "for now" wasn't going to be long at all, and that laptop would soon be here permanently at its new home.

"For now," Tara said with a happy sigh. "So...shopping?"

The big box furniture store had anything and everything under the sun. Willow had her desk and shelving unit picked out in no time and they decided to wander around to see if there was anything else she might need. She really couldn't think of anything since Tara and Faith's house was fully furnished, but she wasn't sure about one thing. As they passed the department that reminded her of that, she picked out one that caught her eye, sat on the edge and flopped back.

"Tara, what size bed do you have?" she asked playfully with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

Tara swallowed and had to remind herself that they were right in the middle of a fairly busy store full of people. "Willow," she said slowly as she fought the urge to crawl right up on top of the redhead. "You've seen my bed before."

"Uh, Tara, the only time I was anywhere near your bed, the size of it wasn't exactly what was on my mind," she reminded her, as tactfully as possible. "You were sitting on it and we were doing that wonderful job of communicating," she said sarcastically, earning Tara's lop-sided smile. "Then when I spent the night, we slept on the couch, so no...I have no clue. Is it as big as this one?" she asked teasingly as she spread her arms out wide on the king size bed.

Tara took half a step toward the bed and took a deep breath. God, she was so adorable and nearly impossible to resist, but...all these people. "Um, no...not that big. Is yours?"

"No. Is yours as...soft as this one?" she teased some more, sliding her hands slowly over the luxurious pillow top.

"Um...I don't know," Tara answered carefully. She truly doubted her mattress was as soft as this one looked, but she knew exactly where Willow was heading by that look in her eyes.

"Why don't you know, baby?" Willow asked quietly as she lifted a hand from the mattress and ran it tantalizingly over the bare strip of skin where her shirt had ridden up and dangerously southward to the edge of her low-riding shorts.

Tara licked her lips and took another half step forward. "Because I...I haven't gotten to feel it...yet...to know if it's as...incredibly soft as I'm imagining," she breathed, taking a full step toward the large bed and the sexy redhead who was currently driving her absolutely crazy.

"Would you...like to?" Willow whispered as she very subtly spread her legs just a little bit wider.

Tara blinked. Oh hell no. She did not just...Okay, time to turn the tables.

Tara's eyes quickly scanned right and left and she took one final step in between her legs. She bent over, pressing her breasts firmly against her girlfriend's and rested her hands on either side of her head.

"Would you like to...Miss Teasy McTease?" she said breathily against the redhead's parted lips.

"Uhhh..."

"I see you lovely ladies are enjoying our top of the line mattress!"

Two pair of wide eyes flew toward the loud interruption to see a broadly smiling salesman leaning over the bed within two feet of their faces.

"It's $100 off the set all weekend!"

The startled girls looked back at each other and slowly smiled.

"We'll take it!"

"How are you doing down there? Can I put my toolbox away yet?"

"Almost done." Willow tightened the last screw and looked up from under the newly assembled desk to see a pair of bare legs that went up and up and..."Ow!"

"Are you okay?" Tara asked worriedly as she leaned down to check on her girlfriend.

"Yeah, I'm...big."

"Um...you're big? Baby, how hard did you hit your head?"

"So hard," Willow said dreamily. She just loved Tara's tank tops, among other things.

Tara sat down the glasses of wine and helped her girlfriend up. The next thing she knew, she was bent over the pool table with the lithe redhead mostly on top of her, and being ravaged in the most exquisite ways. Lips, teeth, tongue, hands...everywhere at once...and ooh, that sneaky little thigh. Her head was spinning and it wasn't just from the pool balls ricocheting off the bumpers.

"Careful. That felt's a bitch to replace."

"Go away!" Tara ordered.

"Nah, I'm enjoying the show too much," Faith teased from her seat on the stairs as she leaned back sipping her beer.

Willow scrambled off her girlfriend, taking Tara's hand and helping her up.

"I thought you were out," the frustrated blonde grumbled as she straightened her clothes and the 8 ball fell out of her shirt.

"Just got home. Thought I'd spend some quality time with my roomies."

Willow returned the ball to the table with a blush as Tara retrieved the glasses of wine. She handed one to her girlfriend then led her to the couch.

"So, did you tell your mom yet?"

"Oh...uh, we've been kinda busy."

"Looked like it."

"We were getting her office set up."

"On the pool table?" Faith couldn't help her large smirk. This was just too good.

"Yeah, well, we were taking a break. It's been a long day."

"When are you gonna tell her?"

"I'll talk to her later. I think she'll be happy," Tara smiled and wrapped an arm around the redhead.

Faith laughed. "She'll be fucking ecstatic. She knows how happy you are."

"I am."

"We are."

"Yeah. Everybody's happy...except for good ol' crazy Kelly."

"What happened with her anyway?"

"Oh, that was the ride home from hell. Thank God we found that extra pair of sweat pants in the training room."

Tara cringed at the memory and Willow giggled.

"Buffy drove her car back and Kelly rode with me and your mom. I think that girl was too scared to even breathe all the way home."

"Do you think we've heard the last of her, as far as the stalking craziness goes?"

"Oh yeah. On top of your mom's scary Hulk impersonation with that enhancement spell, we took Kelly to her mom's house and your mom...get this...'told on her'."

"What?!"

"I was laughing my ass off by the time we got home. A 5'11", 30-year-old woman being sent to her room by her mother. She looked like a dog with it's tail tucked between her legs."

"You're kidding."

"Wouldn't kid about that. It was just too good. Mama Bear told her everything and 'highly suggested' her daughter needed professional help, to which her mother readily agreed. She said she thought she needed it even before all this happened anyway. She said she was going to get her in somewhere first thing Monday morning...sooner if she gave her any shit. So we may not be seeing Kelly down at the station for a looong time."

"Good," Willow stated emphatically. "That woman needs some serious therapy, and I, for one, wouldn't mind if she went somewhere like Antarctica to get it."

Tara squeezed her girlfriend tighter.

"Still pissed, huh, baby?"

"You could say that. Not just for what she did with that...Blue Ball thingy, but who knows how long she's been following my girlfriend around," Willow said grumpily.

Tara leaned into the redhead and whispered in her ear. "Did I ever tell you how hot you are when you're all jealous?"

"Oh really? How hot?" Willow asked as she moved closer and nibbled the blonde's full bottom lip.

"Okay, that's my cue to leave," Faith said as she stood to go upstairs.

Tara reluctantly retrieved her lip so she could stop Faith before she got too far. "I'll be right back, baby," she whispered.

"Oh, Faith," she said as she walked into the laundry room and motioned for the brunette to follow.

"I found something in your jeans when I was doing a load of clothes earlier. You may want to return these to the 'overnight guest' you had last night," Tara teased as she handed the shiny cuffs back to Faith, who was turning a nice shade of red.

"Uh...she said I could keep this pair here...for next time," said said almost shyly.

Tara smiled as she saw the grin creeping up on Faith's lips that spread to a twinkle in her brown eyes.

"I'm happy for you, Faith," the blonde said seriously.

"Thanks, Tara. That means a lot. I'm happy for you too," she said as she patted the blonde on the back, then gave a little laugh. "Hey, aren't you glad we decided to wash the truck that day?"

"There are no words to describe how happy I am we stopped there that day. And thanks, you know, for being cool with her staying here," Tara said sincerely.

Faith just smiled and shrugged.

"It's nothing. This place is huge. And you know if you really want some privacy, this bedroom down here is pretty sweet," she said with a sly grin.

Tara's eyebrows raised.

"Oh! We could do that. I think it's bigger than mine upstairs."

"Yeah, it's definitely bigger."

"Well, we did buy a new king size bed today, so that room might be better," Tara said with a sly grin.

"King size?!" Faith smirked, arching an eyebrow. "Got some big plans, huh? Where the hell is this jumbo bed-o-love?"

"They're delivering it Monday. It was too big to fit in my truck," Tara said, not able to control her blush no matter how hard she tried.

"Well, if you really want some privacy for those special plans, you might want to think about putting some locks on the door, 'cause I never got around to it."

"Uh, yeah...I'll think about it," she said nonchalantly as her brain was already in motion -- calculating how long it would take her to get to the hardware store, and thinking about what she would be doing, hopefully soon, behind those locked doors.

"Well, not to pee on your party, but I think your mom wants to talk to you sometime about the Kelly deal."

"Yeah, I want to talk to her too. I'll call or go over in the morning. I'm back on nights starting tomorrow."

"I'm on days, so you'll have all day alone with your girl," Faith waggled her eyebrows.

"She has to work on some project tomorrow," Tara grumbled.

"You'll still have plenty of time together. When's your next day off?"

"Tuesday, why?" Tara looked at her friend suspiciously.

"Well, I'm off, but I think I can make myself scarce," Faith proposed with a smile as she leaned her head out the doorway and glanced back out to the rec room.

"I can't ask you to do that," Tara said, but her heart sped up at the thought.

"You didn't ask, I offered, so just say the word."

"Thanks, Faith."

"No problem. Now you better get back out there before she falls asleep."

"Oh crap."

And there she was, curled up like a baby on the couch when Tara came back in the room. She smiled as she took in the peaceful, innocent look on her girlfriend's face. Her smile quickly turned to a naughty smirk.

Hard to believe this 'innocent' looking woman was spreading herself for me...on a bed...in a public place just a few short hours ago -- God I love her!

She didn't want to disturb her, so she set the alarm on her phone and carefully wiggled in behind her. It had been a long weekend and they were both exhausted. She gently brushed the red hair away from her ear and kissed it very softly. "I love you," she whispered and heard some mumbled words in return but had no doubt what they were. Tara wrapped her arm securely around the woman she loved and fell asleep happier than ever before in her life.

Last edited by wimpy0729 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Dibs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. Happy to see that Willow will be staying more at Tara's place. Before we know it she will be there permanently. I'm wondering how Kelly got that blue ball thing in the first place. I already know that Tara's mom will be over the moon to hear that Willow is slowly starting to move in with Tara.
Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
There are two stories out of the several ones in progress I'm reading right now, that I really look forward to the updates for a little more than the others, and this is one of them.

Here you had me all ready for some little nasty of the hellmouth variety shooting stuff at Willow's bedroom window, and while it was a nasty, it was of the jealous human kind.

But c'mon, give these poor girls a break! :eyebrow They've literally been waiting centuries for each other! :wtkiss It doesn't have to be graphic, but let 'em get some! sheesh!

I like how they've decided to split time between the two homes - more togetherness means more "togetherness". Plus it'll be Chosen's home away from home since she was there to begin with, so there's no animal hardship either - see everyone can be happy!

Ok, I'll leave ya alone... very much looking forward to the rest of what you have planned for us. :flower

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Okay, so here I am totally sneaking in at the 11th hour...almost literally. Anyway, why won't you let Willow have her sassy eggs for breakfast?! :impatient :miff That's cruel and unusual punishment in my book.

Umm, I love finished basements. We had a finished daylight basement in our house in Seattle, complete with fire place, pool table, etc. I really miss it and I'm as jealous of your Tara as I am of mine, lol. Now I'm wondering how long Faith will last being the 'third wheel' before she moves in with Buffy.

Aww, they bought a bed together:) Very sweet and very sexy! Willow is such a tease and I hope that bed is sturdy, because I have a feeling it's gonna get a lot of use. Well, if they EVER get a moment alone without the constant interruptions. Good grief!!

So, Tara is happier that she ever has been before? Well, that can only mean one thing...dun dun duuuhh! I feel like some angst is right around the corner. Let's just hope they get laid before the bad stuff happens.

Awesome as always...can't wait until tomorrow's update. Every Friday is like Christmas morning!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thank you for the update. Can't wait til the next. Crossing my fingers for some lovin :wtkiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:36 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

JustSkipIt: Congrats on the dibs.

love_2003: Thank you. They definitely will be spending more time together, and the whole moving in thing is basically them just figuring out all the little things and the big things that come along with that.

There will be more info on Kelly and the blue ball staff coming up real soon.

Mary will definitely be happy, but they may not exactly have time to celebrate just yet. (Please don't hate me. lol) Thanks for the feedback!

vampyregurl73: Hey Heather! Thank you so much. It makes me feel good that you're enjoying and looking forward to the updates.

Kelly was definitely of the jealous human variety, but there will be more explanation on that coming up soon.

Wait, are you saying you want smut? LOL But you say it doesn't have to be graphic? Damn, now I have to go back and rewrite two very long, very sweaty chapters. I'll see what I can do. LOL

The moving in is just a process kind of thing. They've never done this before so they just need to figure out some stuff, but they'll get there, I promise. And of course, Chosen will be at home at either place. Thanks for the feedback!

Finey_McFine: Hi, Shelby! Hey, I'm just glad you managed to find the time to sneak in because I know you must be super busy lately.

I agree -- no sassy eggs for Willow is cruel and unusual punishment. I just figure if they're anything like some people *cough me*, if they got to really enjoy the eggs, they wouldn't be able to stop there. They would want the sausage and gravy and biscuit too. But, I think they both would like to be able to enjoy their complete breakfast at the same time.

Ah, the finished basement...not quite as elaborate as your Tara's, but still nice all the same. They will definitely be enjoying it fairly, sort of soonish. And we'll just have to wait a little while to see what happens with the whole living situations for all of them.

The whole buying a bed together is saying something about a relationship's status I think. That's pretty much making everything official, although they still have to figure some stuff out. And yeah, definitely better be sturdy. I'm thinking they might even need to bolt that sucker to the wall. LOL Willow is definitely being a tease. It seems she just can't stop herself, but I can't say I blame her. At least Tara was trying to behave herself.

Oh, Shelby, you know me too well. LOL We'll just have to see what might be waiting around the corner next. But, it is Friday and update coming right up, just promise not to hate me too much. Thanks for the feedback.

bluepaintbox: Hi blue! New update coming right up. You'll just need to keep your fingers crossed a little longer on the lovin', but trust me, it's coming. lol Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: The Lovers, The Dreamers And Me - Ch. 29 (03/01/13)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and all other BtVS characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc. All other characters, human and otherwise, belong to me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have no beta, so all mistakes are my own. For any glaring errors, please PM me.

A huge thanks again to all for reading and/or replying.

CHAPTER 29

Mary was just finishing the morning feeding when she heard a car pull up. She was surprised when she opened the barn door to see Sofia getting out of her car and lifting a bag from her back seat.

"You're up awfully early, Sofie," Mary said, furrowing her brow at the unexpected early morning visit and unusual harried appearance of her friend.

The disheveled woman closed the car door with her hip and walked quickly up the porch and straight in the kitchen door, not taking the time for normal pleasantries. She sat the bag on the crooked table, collapsed into the vintage chair with a loud sigh and pulled out several books. "Better put some coffee on...this is going to take a while."

Mary quirked an eyebrow as she took a seat across from her, first looking closely at her friend, then down at the books as a bad feeling settled in her gut. "What's all this?"

"Early this morning I found these two books...mixed in with the ones I got from the second-hand store the last time we were there."

Mary frowned as she remembered back to that day. "Your free gifts with purchase?"

"Exactly."

"Well, what are they?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Just see for yourself."

Mary opened the one closest to her and both eyebrows immediately shot up. She flipped through page after page and her eyes grew wider.

"Sofie, this can't be just a coincidence."

"There's more. I called the Council a few days ago to see if they had anything else on them and this one was hand delivered to me last night. It's been locked in a vault at the Council for 27 years."

"27 years?" Mary asked, crinkling her brow.

"Yes. It was brought by a special committee and they have to stay with it on her orders," Sofie said as she pulled back the kitchen curtain and saw the black SUV now parked beside her car. "They're here."

"Whose orders?" Mary asked suspiciously as she looked over Sofie's shoulder at the strange vehicle.

"The woman that delivered it to the Council. She gave strict orders for it to stay in the vault until a Watcher called in reference to the Vestal Virgins. These Men In Black wannabees don't know who she was."

The furrows in Mary's brow deepened. "And it's been there for 27 years?" she asked slowly.

"Yes."

"Sofie...Tara's 27," Mary said worriedly.

"I know," the Watcher sighed.

Mary took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes. "What have you found so far?"

"I haven't gotten through them all, but one seems to be like a journal written, I think, by the Vestal's attendant."

Mary arched an eyebrow at Sofie and she slid it over in front of her. She slowly opened it to the first page and read the first lines.

"She was my true friend. She saved my life, yet I failed to do the same for her. Now, by the Goddess, I will do everything I can to see her whole again."

"Whole again," Mary repeated as she pondered the phrase.

Sofie nodded and flipped the journal to the next page. "Right here...they knew they were in danger and were planning to run away but..."

"What?"

"The Tyrant Domitian."

"Who?"

"The book from the Council has a lot of info on him. I read some of it last night, but to sum it up, he was an evil bastard. He was the Roman Emperor who had a major God complex, literally. He wanted to be called 'Master and God'. Most people hated him but for some reason, he had a large cult following...still has a large cult following."

The two women shared a look.

"Still?"

"I'm afraid so."

Mary braced herself. "What did he do?"

Sofia sighed. "Exactly what you're thinking he did. He had a mob from his cult following the Vestals. They trapped them in the tunnels when they were trying to run away, and the rest seems to be exactly as the girls dreamed."

"But why? Why the hell did he do that to them?!"

"It appears to have all started when one of the Vestals overruled a call at the Gladiatorial Games a few years earlier, which pissed him off."

"So he murdered them for that?!" Mary asked incredulously.

"That was just the beginning. He had it in for her after that because he was the one who ordered the editor of the match to have the Gladiator killed. They had refused to kill their opponent, which infuriated him, and when they laid down their sword and shield and knelt to accept their fate, the Vestal stepped in and granted manumission."

"She...made him a free man?" Mary questioned, not quite sure of her Latin.

"No...made her a free woman. She was a former slave of Domitian that he had forced to become a Gladiatrix in the first place. Seems with his 'master and God' mentality, he held a major grudge at being overruled."

"Oh shit!" Mary exclaimed. "The Vestal's attendant -- that's how she saved her life!"

"Bingo! So he hated both of them for that already and watched their every move. He had also made himself the 'morality police'. He was punishing and killing people for all kinds of things just because he didn't approve, saying it was for the good of Rome. So when he noticed the two Vestals getting close, he used that as an excuse to get rid of them."

"Even though they never broke their vows," Mary said angrily.

Sofia nodded as she pointed to another passage. "He said, 'he needed to purify Vesta by punishing with deaths of the Vestals who betrayed their cult and vows of chastity'."

Mary closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "You said he still has followers?"

Sofia nodded again and turned a few more pages. "He worshipped Minerva because she was the Goddess of War, but she deserted him because of everything he was doing. However, he also worshipped another God more than any other though, and his cult followed in his footsteps."

"Do I even want to know what these followers do?"

The Watcher sighed and looked her in the eyes. "You need to know."

Mary rested her elbows on the crooked table and dropped her head into her hands. "I was afraid you were going to say that," she said wearily.

Sofia slid another thick book over to Mary.

"What's this one?"

"It's a...a history of all their previous reincarnations. Someone kept a complete record of them all," she whispered.

Mary didn't move...didn't breathe...just stared at the thick volume as tears filled her eyes.

"Mary. Mary! Look at me!" Sofie yelled as she shook Mary by the arm. That jarred Mary back and she took a deep breath and wiped her eyes. "This is very important, Mary. There's a time limit for the Blessing to be fulfilled. They only have up until the ages they were when the Vestals were killed. If they haven't gotten together completely by then, Vesta's Blessing is null and void."

"What? But they're together. They should be fine, right?"

"Completely, Mary. They have to consummate their love to fully activate the Blessing. Domitian's followers just have to keep that from happening until the time is up. If they do, something always happens to tear them apart and they've lost their chance in that lifetime. Then...it starts all over again."

"BASTARDS!!" Mary slammed her fist on the table and it tipped sharply. "This isn't a game -- it's their lives! What kinds of rules are these?! Do we even know when the time limit is up...how old they were when they died? God I hate this!"

Sofie grabbed the table before it totally fell and straightened the now very loose leg. "I don't understand it all either. It's just Vesta's rules for the Blessing -- they're only given the same amount of years they were in that life, and they have to be exactly as they were at the time they were murdered. We still need to go through the rest of these and hopefully we'll find something."

"I'd love to give her a piece of my mind right now!"

"Mary, we have work to do. We don't have the luxury of telling off a Goddess at the moment."

"Damnit!"

"Do we know for sure they haven't...?"

"No. Kelly's little..."

"Kelly...the crazy girl from last night you told me about?" Sofia's normal olive complexion immediately paled. "Oh no...she must be one of his followers. So they are trying to stop them again!"

"No way," Mary said, shaking her head. "That girl doesn't have any power of her own to do what she did. She had to have gotten the staff from someone else. Someone who..."

"Is still out there."

"SONOFABITCH!" Mary slammed the table again and it crashed to the floor as the bad leg finally gave out. The two women jumped as the books flew and the table landed on it's side.

"Just great," Mary said as she bent to pick up the books. She handed them to Sofie then retrieved the broken leg. She started to reattach it back to the table when something caught her eye. "Huh..it does say 'brick a log'."

Sofia moved the books to the island then leaned down to help Mary.

"What did you say?"

"Some graffiti or something on here. Tara noticed it before. Something about a log."

Sofie looked closer and frowned. "I think that says, 'break a leg'."

"It does?" Mary turned the leg around and noticed the letters running entirely around it. "Hmm...'in case of...merg..."

"Emergency," Sofia corrected.

"You can read that?"

"Well, yes. See the 'e-m'? It's a little run together, but..." Sofia frowned deeply. "Hold on a minute."

Sofia scrambled off the floor and ran to the island. She grabbed one of the books and brought it back over to the table. "Mary, do you see what I see?"

"It...it does look similar."

"Now look at this other little 'e' in the word 'left'. What's it look like?"

"Oh...an 'o'. Who the hell wrote this?"

Sofia looked closer at the table leg. "In case of emergency, break a leg."

"That's like...wishing it luck. It makes no sense," Mary said, the frustration clearly evident in her voice.

"Unless they mean it literally -- break a leg...break the leg...this leg." Sofia turned the table leg over several times looking for more clues.

Something caught Mary's eye and she reached for the leg. "Wait." She tipped it and looked down into the hollow metal leg and pulled out a small package. "Well, I think this explains why this thing was so crooked." She opened the package and her eyes grew wide. "What the hell?"

"Be careful," Sofie warned. "Why would something like that be there?"

Mary turned the items over carefully and inspected them closely. "Oh. 'In case of emergency'. It does make sense."

"You know what they are?"

"Oh, yes. I had to use them several times at work."

Mary carefully wrapped the items back in the package, placed them on the top shelf in an upper cabinet and shut the door. "They should be safe here for now."

"What are we supposed to do with them?" Sofie asked.

"I think we'll know when the time comes," Mary said frowning deeply as she inspected the table leg one more time. "I just pray we don't need them."

"So how would it be possible that the person who left the package wrote this book? This thing is hundreds of years old, but it can't just be a coincidence."

"Well, those two books and the table did come from the same place. So, no, not a coincidence. It's almost like..." Mary trailed off as she looked her friend in the eye.

"Someone's trying to help us," Sofia reasoned.

"And we need this help because..." Mary's brow furrowed. "Sofie, I think the girls are still in danger from those cult followers."

Sofie nodded as she tightened the last screw of the table leg. "I'm afraid so. They really don't want these girls back together, and they've managed to keep them apart for almost 2,000 years."

"I need to warn Tara," Mary said as she reached for the phone.

"And I think we need to do more research, then have a little talk with a certain shopkeeper. I'd also like to know why someone entrusted the care of that other book to the Council 27 years ago."

Mary nodded as she dialed Tara's number. "Yes. Why would they even involve them?"

"I plan to find out," Sofia said as she righted the now level kitchen table.

The alarm on Tara's phone was loud...very loud. She had left it on the table right in front of Willow the night before, so when it went off she jumped and found herself teetering precariously on the edge of the sofa. That is, until a strong arm tightened around her and pulled her back to safety.

"What...?"

"It's okay, baby."

"Tara? Where are we?"

"You fell asleep down here last night and I didn't want to wake you."

Willow rolled over to see the smiling face of her girlfriend.

"Morning, sweetie."

"Mmm...morning," Willow whispered sleepily before kissing those smiling lips. "What time is it?"

"I set the alarm for 7:30. I wasn't sure what time you needed to start work."

"Around 9," she said as she snuggled in tighter to the warm body. "What time do you need to leave?"

"I'm on nights this week, so I don't have to be there until 7."

"Nights? When will you be home?"

"Tomorrow morning around 7:30."

"Oh."

Tara could see the disappointment in the green eyes. "I'm sorry. My shifts kind of suck sometimes, but I usually only have to work three days a week."

"Three days?" Willow asked excitedly.

Tara smiled and nodded. "The 12-hour shifts are rough, but they do have their benefits."

"I like those kinds of benefits," Willow said as she smiled and kissed her again.

"Are you ready to get up? I can make you a nice big breakfast before you start, then later I can make you lunch and we can eat out on the deck. How's all that sound?"

Willow's smile just kept growing. "Like I have the best girlfriend in the world."

Tara blushed slightly and tickled her girlfriend. "You haven't eaten my breakfast yet."

"You could feed me pig slop and I'd still have the best girlfriend in the world."

"You say the sweetest things," Tara teased and tried to tickle her again.

Willow giggled and quickly rolled away and off the sofa. "Not a good idea to tickle a person first thing in the morning, baby," she smirked then held her hand out to the blonde. "Come on, beautiful. You got any coffee in this joint?"

Willow showered and dressed quickly then met Tara in the kitchen. "Where's my girl?"

"I'm right here, silly."

Willow wrapped her arms around Tara from behind as she finished at the stove. "My other girl."

"Lucky for you I'm not the jealous type," Tara said teasingly as she turned and wrapped her arms around the tiny waist. "She's outside with Bubba. Are you ready for your coffee?"

"Hmm...drink some yummy caffeinated goodness or kiss my yummy girlfriend...decisions, decisions," Willow said, staring at the perfect pink lips as her hands wandered southward and squeezed.

"Ooh," Tara gasped and reflexively pushed her breasts forward. "I think you better kiss me," she breathed as she backed Willow against the counter and took her mouth with fervor. Desperate moans soon filled the air as the steamy kiss went on and on and hands roamed wildly. Tara finally pulled back panting and glanced hazy-eyed at the clock.

"Late...work," she managed to get out as she took in much-needed lungfuls of air.

Willow licked her lips and smiled at the sexy, tousled look of her girlfriend. She had never seen anything hotter in her life. She leaned in and ran her tongue up the long, slender neck and sucked a fleshy earlobe into her warm, wet mouth, loving the sound of the low growl it produced.

"Will...baby...ohh yes...I mean no. You're gonna be late," Tara said as she forced herself away before she turned into nothing but one big gooey puddle. "Come on, let's eat."

Willow arched an eyebrow and smirked as she locked eyes with Tara and noticed the flush rising up quickly from her chest and into her neck.

"I meant the eggs and toast!" Tara huffed and smoothed out her hair and clothes as she hurried to the coffee pot and shakily filled a mug. She honestly didn't know how much more she could take of their heated make-out sessions before she spontaneously combusted. She took a deep breath before she turned and handed the mug to the still smiling redhead.

"Thanks, baby," Willow said, as she reached out for her other hand and felt her shaking. "I'm sorry, Tara. I'll try to behave," she said sweetly.

The blonde looked into the twinkling green eyes and gave her a crooked grin. "I'm starting to think that behaving is nearly impossible for us both, Will."

The redhead nodded and squeezed her hand. "Maybe we won't have to much longer," she said quietly and gave a little secretive smile.

Tara's heart raced at the implication. "Oh?" Her eyes looked hopeful as she asked without really asking, but obvious in that one simple word.

Willow shrugged and gave her a quick peck. "Trust me, you'll be the first to know."

Tara sighed as she smiled and arched one sexy blonde eyebrow. "I better be. Come on," she said, releasing her hand after one final squeeze and picked up their plates. "Let's take this outside."

They were greeted by two very happy dogs as they stepped out into the bright morning sunshine. Willow sat down and gave Chosen a hug and kiss on top of the head.

"I found them both laying by the back door when I came up here. Bubba always does that right after Faith leaves for work."

"That's sweet. I bet he misses her."

"Oh yeah. He's totally his mama's boy. I know she really doesn't seem the type, but Bubba really changed her life and so did Sofia. Faith seemed a little...lost...when she first went to live with her. One day she happened to mention to Sofie that she'd always wanted a dog but was never allowed to have one. Sofie took her to the shelter that day and she found Bubba."

"Really? That was so sweet," Willow said smiling before she took a long sip of her coffee. "Most Watchers don't do nice things like that from what Giles told us. The Council doesn't want them to get too close to their Slayers. He's gotten in trouble for it before."

"Oh, they gave her a hard time too, but she didn't care. She's been very good to Faith."

"That's great. Giles is more like a father to Buffy than her own."

"Speaking of Buffy...have you talked to her lately?"

"Um, no. I've been a little busy," Willow said with a big grin.

"So she doesn't know about this?" Tara asked as she nodded toward the house.

"Oh. I guess with everything I forgot to tell her. I've been a bad friend," Willow pouted playfully.

"No," Tara said giggling. "I'm sure she'll understand."

"I'll call her today."

Tara just smiled and nodded her head as she finished up her toast.

"What are you up to today?" Willow asked as she stared at the talented tongue that slipped out and delicately licked the tiny crumb from the corner of her mouth.

"I need to talk to mom. I'll probably go over there in a little while so I won't be tempted to interrupt you."

Willow reached across the table and took her hand. "You can interrupt me anytime you like."

"I don't think that's a good idea. Not if you want to get any work done," she said cheekily as she stroked the soft skin of the redhead's palm.

Willow felt a fresh flush of heat and exhaled. "Work...right. Which is what I need to go do, unfortunately."

"I'll clean up. You go do your thing and I'll see you back here for lunch."

Willow reluctantly stood, then walked to her girlfriend, cupped her face and gave her a long, slow kiss. "I'll be thinking of you," she whispered as she pulled away.

"Me too," Tara said dreamily. "I love you."

"I love you too. Work...now...gotta go," she sighed.

Tara smiled as she watched her flustered girlfriend bounce off the doorframe on her way in the house.

"Hey, who put that there?"

The blonde chuckled as she watched the redhead finally make her way inside. Her last view of her was that tight little ass perfectly encased in those snug jeans. She shook her head and took the breakfast dishes inside. "I better not go there right now," she said to herself as she loaded the dishwasher, then headed upstairs for a quick cold shower.

"Good morning, Mama!" Tara answered her phone on the first ring.

"Good morning, dear. You sound awfully chipper today."

"I might be," she said coyly. "I was just on my way over. I need to tell you something, and Faith said you wanted to talk to me about Kelly?"

"Yes...Kelly, and um...I need to talk to you about something else too."

"What is it?" Tara asked, immediately suspicious at the odd sound of her mother's voice.

"It's just...very important. How soon can you be here?"

"I'm on my way out the door now. What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you when you get here, dear...and please be careful."

Tara frowned. Something was definitely off. "I'll be there in two minutes." She hung up and hurried out the back door, sending Willow a quick text letting her know she was leaving.

In no time at all, she was pulling up beside the strange black SUV. She gave a quick glance to the blackened windows then hurried up the porch steps and into the kitchen. She was relieved to see her mother and Sofia sitting at the kitchen table, both looking worried but safe.

"What's going on?" she whispered as she leaned down and hugged Mary.

"Sit down, dear. We need to tell you some things."

Tara was still trying to digest everything as she looked through the books. "So you think that whoever helped Kelly might try something else?" she asked nervously.

"It's very possible," Mary said as she wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "And we've already seen they can be tricky. Just stay alert for anything out of the ordinary. Willow should stick close to Buffy, at least until..."

"Willow! She's at the house...alone!"

"At your house?"

"Yes! She's moving in...sort of."

"Move...what? I mean WHAT?!" Mary yelled, eyebrows flying to her hairline as the words started to sink in and the other worries left, at least for a split second.

Tara stood and shook her head in frustration. There was no time for big explanations now as fear gripped her heart.

"She's there working now...ALONE!" she repeated frantically.

The urgency of the situation quickly returned. The three women shared worried looks and Sofia quickly gathered the books back into her bag.

"Let's go!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:18 am 
5. Willowhand

Er mah gawd!
There is a CULT! Keeping our girls apart?!?! Ack!!!
That explains more than I wanted to have explained, in the damnit leave 'em alone!
Can't wait for more. Ack cult!

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

No one has said it so DIBS! :-P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 am 
3. Flaming O

Nooooo! :shock
I don't know if I can wait a week. :sheep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Tara and Willow just can't seem to catch a break. I hope Willow is ok; but then again she has Chosen and Bubba to help scare anybody away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm 
8. Vixen

Really? I mean, REALLY? Yer killin' me here!

And why would you ever think I would discourage smut? What kind of kitten would I be if I discouraged some well written, well actually any written, smut?! I think they'd take away my kitten...hood (?) or whatever. I also say well written because the rest of the story is well written so that would have to be too... have I sucked up enough yet?

You're still killin' me though... can I ask for some smut for my birthday on the 16th?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Missocki: LOL Yes, there is a cult, and that does explain a lot, doesn't it? In case you're curious, there actually was a Tyrant Domitian who had several Vestals put to death for no reason. He was a genuine nut case and ended up being assassinated, so at least that's something anyway. More coming up, so hang on tight. Thanks for the feedback!

leos_pride: Ah, leo, congrats on the dibs. Hold on, the road's about to get bumpy.

bluepaintbox: Hey blue! Oh yesss! I'm sorry I made you wait a week, but here it is, and uh...please don't hate me. Thanks for the feedback!

love_2003: I know, the girls really haven't had a break yet, but they will, I promise, so keep hanging in there. You'll just have to wait to see what happens to Willow, and something/someone will probably start to become pretty obvious. She does at least have Chosen, but Bubba...well, he's old and just needs to go potty. lol Thanks for the feedback!

vampyregurl73: Yes, Heather...really. LOL I'm sorry I'm killing you, but it'll get better I promise. They just have to...well, you'll see.

Don't worry, you still maintain your smutty kittenhood. You sucked up so well, and feel free to do it all you want because I love it! Unfortunately, no smut by your birthday, no matter how much I wish I could do that for you. I apologize that I can't because it's still a few chapters away because of a minor (or really major) complication. Will it help any that there are now three chapters of hot, sweaty nakedness? I can't guarantee the well written part. Believe me, I tried my best but I may be a little rusty, but I can guarantee they will be naked and it will be very hot and very sweaty. Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: The Lovers, The Dreamers And Me - Ch. 30 (03/08/13)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:46 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and all other BtVS characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc. The story and all other characters, human and otherwise, belong to me.

There is a minor angst warning here. It's kind of short and there is sort of a cliffhanger. Please don't hate me.

Thanks again to everyone for reading and/or replying.

CHAPTER 30

It was nearing lunchtime and Willow still hadn't heard from Tara. She wandered upstairs in search of the blonde who was nowhere in sight, so she decided to start their lunch preparations. She was rummaging through the refrigerator when her dog started to bark.

"Chosen! Come here, girl. Do you need to go outside?" Willow asked as she slid the door open.

Bubba got up from his nap and lumbered out the back door but Chosen didn't move from her spot. She stood barking at the front door with hackles raised.

"What's the matter, girl?" Willow asked as she bent over to pet her.

Just then the doorbell rang. Willow pulled the curtain back and looked out the window, frowning at the strange car parked on the driveway. The doorbell rang again. She looked through the peephole and saw a little brown-haired girl in a school uniform. She was shuffling from one foot to the other, holding some boxes and a large bag was hanging awkwardly from her shoulder. Willow opened the door smiling through the screendoor at the nervous little girl. She remembered those days all too well.

"Hi there. Can I help you?"

Chosen stood close to Willow, her eyes trained on the stranger, growling low and watching their every move. "Chosen, shhh. It's okay."

"Hello, ma'am," she said politely. "My school is raising money to buy new books for our library. I was wondering if you'd be..."

"Sure!" Willow said excitedly as she reached into her pocket. "What do you have?"

"Um...we have..." the girl paused as she looked at the boxes in her arms, "chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate chip cookies and boxes of assorted chocolates."

"I'll take the assorted chocolates, please," Willow said, quickly making her decision. "How much?"

"They're $4.00 a box," the girl said smiling sweetly.

"I'll take five," Willow said, opening the screendoor to give the little girl her money.

The girl jumbled around in the heavy bag until she found five boxes of the chocolates. "Thank you, ma'am."

"No, thank you, and good luck. Books are very important you know," the redhead said, smiling once more at the young, innocent face.

"Yes, ma'am," she giggled.

Willow closed the door and smiled at the boxes in her hands. "This should be enough to share with everyone, and speaking of sharing..." she said to herself as she placed the boxes on the kitchen table and reached into her pocket for her phone.

Outside, tree branches rustled as the car pulled quickly out of the driveway.

"Wills!" Buffy answered cheerfully. "I'm so glad you called. I was just getting ready to call you!"

Willow laughed at her friend's enthusiasm. "Well, hello to you too. You sound very happy, Buff."

"I may be a little on the happy side," she said giddily. "You'll never believe what happened!"

"I've got some news for you too," Willow replied, equally giddily.

"Can I go first?" the Slayer begged. "Please, please?"

Willow laughed again at her best friend as she sat at the table and opened a box of candy. "Sure, Buffy. Go right ahead."

Tara was slinging open her truck door before the other two women were out the back door.

"Go on! We're right behind you!" Mary yelled, and Tara floored the gas pedal before she even had her door closed.

Sofia yelled something to the other Watchers in the black SUV as she threw her bag in the back seat and both vehicles went flying down the driveway following Tara's cloud of dust.

"Oh my God, Buffy. Seriously?"

"Oh yeah," Buffy gushed. "It was more than I could've ever imagined. It was absolutely perfect and she was soo sweet," she said dreamily.

Willow chewed and swallowed another piece of candy as she listened with rapt attention, and if she was honest, a little bit of jealousy. She would, hopefully, soon be getting to do the same thing with Tara. Damn Kelly!

"Wow," she managed after she swallowed, with another wrapper joining the growing pile on the table as she popped another piece in her mouth.

"You okay, Will? You sound...kinda funny," Buffy said as she noticed something a little off.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Just eating some candy I bought off a little girl selling it for her school. Don't worry -- I got some for you too," she laughed.

Buffy frowned slightly. "They doing that around here, 'cause nobody's been by my house."

"Oh, no. I'm at Tara's...that's what I called to tell you."

Buffy's brow furrowed as she felt an inkling of her spidey senses tingling.

"I'm sort of moving in here. Not permanent just yet, but I'm going to stay here as much as I can for now. Don't worry though, 'cause I'll be home at least a couple of days a week until we get everything sorted. We just need to be...together..." Willow trailed off.

"You're still my best friend, so don't worry, okay? Tara's a...a good friend too...and I..."

Buffy may be slow sometimes, but she definitely knew something was up.

"Will?"

"Don't be mad, Buffy, okay? Just because Tara's my new best friend doesn't mean you're not still my best friend. I can have more than one best friend, right? I mean, Xander's my best friend too, so I just have three best friends now."

"Willow?"

"And he was my only best friend until we met this...this year, well, except for Jesse, but he's not around much anymore. I don't know where he's run off to...probably following Cordelia around like a lovesick puppy. But you're not mad, are you, 'cause I think we can be really good friends. I can help you get caught up on your homework...but you don't have to hang out with me if you don't want to 'cause I'm sure you don't want to be seen with me..."

"Willow!"

"Oh...you're mad," Willow said dejectedly. "I'm sorry. I can just go away..."

"WILLOW!!"

"Buffy? This isn't my kitchen," she said in a tiny voice as she looked around. "But this candy is really good," she said as she bit into another piece.

"Oh shit! Willow, listen to me!"

Tara skidded her truck to a stop, threw open her door and ran up the deck. Sofie's car and the black SUV pulled in right behind her in a matter of seconds. She stopped at the door and stared, relieved to see her girlfriend sitting safely at the kitchen table but looking terrified. She opened the sliding door and slowly took a step inside.

"Willow?" the blonde whispered cautiously.

"Um...hi," she said timidly with a little wave then looked nervously back down at the table. "I'm sorry I'm in your house like this. You have a lovely home, by the way. Um...I was just having some candy and talking to my friend, Buffy. She told me to stay right here and wait for Tara."

Scared green eyes looked up at the woman standing in the doorway.

"Are you Tara?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs!

I.....wha?....I.....damnit can't the world leave our girls alone????? You are dangerously close to making me :crash :crash again!

And this last chapter was a stroke of frustrating brilliance on your part! Frustrating because here is another stumbling block in the progression of our girls' relationship but a brilliant spin on band candy! I can't wait to see what happens next, and look out to who ever did this. There is going to be one pissed off Mama Bear on the hunt!

As always, eagerly awaiting more!

~Leo

Last edited by leos_pride on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Ah, wacky shenanigans of villainy, how I've missed you. School candy! Too tasty for our own good, really. Really digging how you used a similar plot device from earlier in the series, to mentally bring Willow back to the beginning of the series. Really curious to see how a younger Willow reacts to the hotness that is Tara. We never really got to see her as little gay fledgling, which is sad knowing the beautiful gay eagle we know she grows to be. This metaphor is lost now.

Still rooting for and shipping Bubba/Chosen xD

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

1. :) thank you for the update
2. :aww this so short. BUT, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your hard work. Im just a reader & not a writer.
3. :crash :gnome :impatient & again :gnome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:52 pm 
8. Vixen

LMAO. Band candy?!?

Yer still killin' me... but you know I love it.

I can't wait to see how this plays out. *shakes head*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:15 pm 

BAND CANDY!!!!!!!!

You. Are. Brilliant. I have to say, I LOVE the creative ways you've come up with to keep the girls apart. I mean, you could have just gone straight for the traditional kidnap, but now we have some random, unknown group of people coming up with goofy plots to thwart, of all things...SEX! Like I said, brilliant! I guess my main question is, why do they keep specifically targeting Willow?

Anyway, Band Candy is one of my all time favorite episodes and I'm delighted that you have managed to slip it in to this fic. It will also be interesting to see how the girls react to their current situation. Willow will be confused, Tara heart broken and Mama Bear...PISSED! I really can't wait for the next update!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oh snap! What's Tara gonna do, as she has stated before "nobody messes with her girl." Things continue to get deep. Where are you taking us on this wild ride?! Haha I'm holding on tight... is it Friday yet? LOL

-Leah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

leos_pride: Hey, Leo, congrats on the dibs! Believe me, I understand the frustration and wouldn't blame you for throwing shit at me if it makes you feel better. lol But trust me, it is going to get better. I'm glad you liked the candy spin. You're going to find out real soon why a certain someone picked the wrong group to mess with. Thanks for the feedback.

faolan228: Shenanigans -- Oh I love that word! "Young Willow" definitely notices Tara's hotness, so things could get interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

bluepaintbox: Well, thank you for thanking me for the update. I'm sorry that chapter was so short, but it kind of had to end where it did. I hope the length of this next one makes up for it. Thanks for the feedback.

vampyregurl73: LOL Glad you like the candy, and again sorry for the killing part. Keep hanging in there, cause things are about to get interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

Finey_McFine: Oh, the poor girls. I almost feel bad for everything I've put them through. lol

Hmm...you've raised an interesting question about just targeting Willow. All I can say is that you might be at least a little surprised.

I'm right there with you about Band Candy -- it's a true classic with so many good parts. I miss the good old days. Thank God for DVDs.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head about their reactions. I think someone is about to learn that it isn't smart to mess with this group. Thanks for the feedback.

youremyalways: Well, you're about to find out Tara's reaction, and I think you probably know what it's going to be.

You're right -- things are getting deep, and I hope, pretty interesting for everyone. So you're right, you better keep holding on tight. Thanks for the feedback.

Post subject: Re: The Lovers, The Dreamers And Me - Ch. 31 (03/15/13)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and all other BtVS characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enema, etc. The story and all other characters, human and otherwise, belong to me.

Thanks once again to everyone for reading and/or replying!

CHAPTER 31

Tara's heart sank.

She stood there in shock, motionless, just staring at the scared redhead. She didn't even notice her phone ringing in her pocket, so Mary grabbed it and saw Faith's ID on the screen.

"Faith?"

"Mama Bear?! What's going on? Where's Tara?" she asked frantically.

"She's here, but...I think we have a problem," Mary whispered.

"Listen...Buffy just called me. Something happened to Willow!"

"We're here with her now. She looks okay, but..."

"Don't let her eat anymore candy!"

"What?"

"The candy! Buffy said it's cursed. DO NOT let her eat anymore of it. NOBODY eat it!"

Mary looked through the door past Tara to see the redhead reaching for another piece.

"No!" Mary dropped the phone and pushed Tara out of the way. She quickly raised both hands and the box flew away from Willow and across the room.

"Hey!" That's my candy!" Willow yelled angrily. "And how'd you do that anyway?" she said frowning deeply at the older woman.

"No! No more candy!" Mary said firmly, shaking her head.

Willow pouted and tears instantly came to her eyes. "Please?" she begged. "I really want more candy," she said pitifully.

Mary's shove brought Tara out of the shock that her girlfriend didn't know her and she turned quickly to her mother for an explanation.

"The candy's cursed! Nobody eat it!"

"C-cursed?" Tara asked worriedly as she turned back to her pouting, crying girlfriend who didn't know her from Adam...or Eve, and her heart broke.

"Willow...sweetie?"

The redhead was trying to stealthily move closer to the candy scattered on the floor and Mary and Sofia instantly dove for it, covering it with their bodies.

"Darnit!" Willow pouted as she stomped her foot.

Tara moved gingerly toward her girlfriend. "Willow...it's okay, I'm Tara...and Buffy told you to wait for me?"

"Uh huh," the redhead said through her tears, "but I want my candy," she sniffed.

"Sweetie, Buffy said there's something wrong with the candy. It made you...sick," Tara said as delicately as possible.

"I'm not sick!" Willow huffed.

"Sweetie..."

"Why do you keep calling me that? My mother doesn't even call me that. Of course, it's hard for her to call me anything since she's never home. They don't even call to see if I"m okay," she said sadly, then the tears really started.

"They just leave me...for months at a time. They don't call me, don't even write. They leave me money, but they're not there. They desert me over and over...just abandon me...ever since I was little. I'm all alone...except for Xander and Mac."

She looked up into the strange blue eyes and sniffed again. "Is Xander here?" she asked hopefully.

Tara didn't think her heart could break anymore than it already had, but she was wrong. She could barely see through her tears but managed to notice Willow's phone on the table.

"No, but...would you like to call him?" Tara asked, wiping discreetly at her eyes as she tried to gain some composure for Willow's sake.

"Really? Yes, please!"

"I'm sure his number's in your phone, okay?"

Willow just nodded as the strange blonde picked up the black device from the table.

"Will?" the carpenter answered desperately.

"No, Xander, it's Tara."

"Is she okay?"

"She's...she's very confused," Tara answered carefully. "And she wants to eat more candy," she whispered.

"Do NOT let her, whatever you do!"

"We're not, but she wants to talk to you. Maybe you can calm her down?"

"Yeah, Tara, please put her on. We're on our way though."

"Okay, wonderful," Tara breathed a sigh of relief. "Here she is."

The redhead looked at the strange device and tentatively put it to her ear. "Xander?"

"Yeah, Will, it's me."

"I'm scared, Xander. I don't know these people," she whispered anxiously. "And they won't let me have my candy!"

"It's okay, Will. They're nice people. They're our friends, okay?"

She frowned as she heard a strange British voice cursing in the background.

"That damn pillock!"

"Xander, where are you? Who are you with?"

"We're on our way, Will. I'm with Buffy and Giles, and we'll be there soon."

"Mr. Giles? The new librarian?"

"Shit!"

"Xander Lavelle Harris!" she scolded.

"Willow, listen...just stay right where you are and we'll be there before you know it. You can trust Tara. And no more candy. It's bad candy."

She glanced over her shoulder at the tearful blonde stranger but somehow knew Xander was right about her. "But I really wish they'd let me have my candy," she whined.

"Willow, trust me...you can't eat that candy, but I'll buy you a ton of new candy when I get there, how about that?"

"You will?" she asked excitedly.

"Absolutely. So just stay calm, you're gonna be okay. Can I speak to Tara again?"

"Well, okay...but you'll be here soon?" she asked, the trepidation creeping back into her voice.

"I promise. We're almost there. Everything's gonna be fine. Now can I please speak to Tara?"

"Okay," she said as she looked hesitantly at the blonde wiping her eyes. "Her eyes are all red and puffy, Xander. I think she's crying. Why would she be crying?" Willow whispered.

"Uhh...maybe it's allergies?" He rolled his eyes at his own lame excuse and prayed she bought it.

The redhead frowned as she snuck another glance at the blonde. "I think she really needs some medicine, Xander. Can you guys stop and pick some up?" She didn't know why, but she didn't like the idea of those pretty blue eyes staying all red and puffy.

"Oh, sure. I'll get it when I pick up your candy, okay?" Xander squeezed his eyes shut and tried to sound nonchalant.

"Yeah, yeah, good idea. Okay, here she is."

Tara sniffed as she took the phone and walked to the other side of the room. "Hello?"

"Hey, Tara, you okay?"

"She doesn't know me, Xander," she whispered, trying to hold back her tears.

"Okay, listen...something like this happened before, but I don't think they lost their memory, they just..."

"Reverted back to being teenagers!" Buffy yelled toward the phone, glaring at Giles as he drove, who still had the decency to blush even after all these years. "Right, Mr. Stevedore?" she asked arching an eyebrow. No, she'd never let him forget that.

"Reverted?" Tara asked, her mind completely addled from the disturbing situation.

"Yeah, and they went back to being themselves a few hours after they stopped eating the candy. Hopefully this is the same. We think we know who's behind this."

"She's going to remember me...us?" she asked hopefully.

"She should be her usual Willowy self in no time."

"Oh, thank God." She hesitated before she continued. "Xander, can...can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Did...did her parents really leave her all alone?" Tara whispered as her heart broke again just saying the words.

"Ohh..." he groaned at the unexpected question. He really didn't know if it was his place to go there, but given the circumstances he didn't have much of a choice.

Tara glanced over at the pitiful redhead as she played sorrowfully with the empty candy wrappers. Luckily, Mary was watching her too. She snatched them away just before the sly girl tried to sneak and lick some of the chocolate remnants off of one, earning Mary a very dirty glare and a huge pout. Sofia grabbed the other boxes of candy and quickly moved them to the far side of the room, instantly getting her the same treatment.

"You guys are mean," Willow said as she crossed her arms and sulked like a petulant child as she scowled at both women.

"She...she said...did they really abandon her?" Tara whispered very low and closed her eyes as she waited for the answer.

"Well...yeah," he sighed. "They were gone...a lot. I think she was around eight or nine when they started that."

"Oh my God." Her heart just kept on breaking. "Is that why...Chosen means so much to her? Because she was abandoned?"

"Yeah, I think so," he sighed. "I think it bothered her more than she let on back then."

"Oh, Xander...I think it still does."

"Yeah," he admitted quietly. "We were pretty much all the other had back then. My family...well, not so good."

"I'm so sorry," she said sincerely.

"It's okay, but thanks."

"Xander...she mentioned someone named Mac? Was that someone in her family?" she asked and heard him chuckle on the other end of the phone.

"No, Tara. That was her computer. Her best friend besides me back then."

"Her computer?"

"Yeah -- MacIntosh. She called it Mac. That's when she started really getting into computers. That's our Will."

Tara managed a sad smile as she looked at her girlfriend. "Yes...our Will."

"We'll get her back, Tara. We'll be there soon and we'll fix this."

"I really hope so Xander. I miss her already."

"I know you do, but try not to worry, okay?"

"Okay, I'll try. See you soon."

"Bye, Tara. Tell her I'm bringing her lots of new chocolate candy and she can eat all she wants."

She actually laughed as she looked at the still pouting redhead. "I will. Thanks, Xander." She ended the call then smiled as a thought struck her.

"Willow, Xander said to tell you he's bringing you lots of new candy." She smiled as Willow perked up. "And you can eat all you want."

At the last part, the redhead finally stopped scowling at Mary and Sofia. "Well, he better," she said, arching a cute little red eyebrow indignantly.

"I'll be right back. You stay here with mom and Sofie, okay?"

Willow looked back over at the older women and scowled again. "Will you really be right back?"

Tara's worries were forgotten for a second and she smiled at how adorable 'little unhappy Willow' was as she tried to give Mary and Sofia her best evil eye. She just had to lean closer and place a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I promise you. I'm just going downstairs for a few seconds. I'm not leaving." I will NEVER leave you!

Willow's eyes grew wide as a strange sensation flooded her body. "Wow," she breathed as she looked dazedly into Tara's glistening eyes. "Yeah...okay."

"Be right back!" Tara yelled as she ran downstairs.

Less than 30 seconds later, the blonde was running back into the kitchen and placing the laptop in front of the startled girl.

"What's this?"

"It's your computer. I thought you might want it."

"Mine?" She picked up the flat box and looked all around and underneath it and frowned. "This doesn't look like mine."

Tara opened it and tapped the keyboard waking the sleeping machine, and smiled at the look of surprise on her girlfriend's face.

"Cool!"

Tara nodded and then blushed as Willow's wallpaper popped up -- the picture of them kissing on their date at the creek with sparks flying around their heads.

"Holy cow," Willow whispered in awe.

"Uh..." Tara quickly clicked a few keys and brought up the home page. "Here...see?!"

Willow looked at Tara with wide green eyes. "That kinda looked like..."

"Night...n-no flash...turned out weird," the blonde stumbled out quickly. "Look...Yahoo!"

"Ooh! I have mail!"

"You might want to leave those..."

"Who the heck is McCarthy?" the redhead asked as she scanned over the emails.

"Um...that's...just don't delete them, okay?" Tara asked nervously.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Oh thank God," the three normal adults groaned as Chosen growled from her position by Willow's feet.

"I'll get it," Mary said, jumping up. She nearly ran to the living room and flung open the door.

"We're so glad you're..."

She paused as her eyes popped open wide.

"...a middle-aged man dressed in a schoolgirl outfit...all tied up with duct tape over your mouth," she said flatly.

Very few things really shocked Mary Maclay anymore, but...

"Sofie, dear...could you come here please?"

Mary was looking around out front to see if anyone else was in sight as Sofia came up behind her.

"What is it, Mary? Are they here?"

Mary moved to the side and pointed wordlessly to the man on the porch.

"What the hell?!" Sofie laughed as she pulled out her phone and snapped a photo. "Nice outfit, Ethan. You might want to shave your legs before you wear it next time," she wheezed out between the guffaws of laughter. "Well, I think now we know where Willow got the candy. Couldn't come up with anything original? I'm appalled...for many reasons," she smirked.

He glared at her then rolled himself backwards off the porch.

"Oh no you don't," Mary said as she pointed one finger freezing him in place.

The women looked up as they heard a car pull in the driveway and Buffy came flying out the door before it was even stopped.

"Where's Will?! Is she okay? How'd you catch him? And OH MY GOD...seriously...a schoolgirl?!" She kicked Ethan in the face and knocked him out cold.

The two older women smiled.

"Hello, Buffy. I take it you know Mr. Rayne?" Sofie asked as Mary went over and kicked him in the head again for good measure.

"Nobody. Fucks. With MY FAMILY!" she spat at the unconscious man even if he couldn't hear her.

"Yes, unfortunately. Last we heard, he was locked away at a dessert somewhere."

"Buffy!" Giles yelled as he ran up to the porch. "Is everything okay?" He looked over at Ethan with disdain, and then he kicked him too. "Bloody ponce!"

"Nice job with the bondage. How'd you guys catch him?"

"We didn't. I just found him like that," Mary said. "Someone rang the doorbell, and when I answered it, there he was."

"Someone just...delivered him tied up and duct taped?" Buffy laughed. "Whoever it was, I'd sure like to shake their hand."

"Maybe it was the guy who did this," Xander said as he joined them, holding up an arrow.

"Where'd you get that?" Sofie asked as she took it and looked it over carefully.

"Out of the tire of a car we found in the ditch down the road about a mile." Buffy said as she looked closely at the arrow and ran her hand down the shaft. "Look at the craftsmanship."

"It's remarkable. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it," Sofie said as she admired the unique arrow.

"Can you guys keep an eye on...him? I'm gonna go check on Will."

"She's in the kitchen," Mary said as she took a menacing stance beside the unconscious man, just daring him to try to wake up again.

Xander joined Buffy and they hurried into the house. They stopped just outside the door to the kitchen, grinning widely as they watched Willow happily playing on her laptop and sitting as close as possible to a blushing Tara.

"That was us in that picture, wasn't it?" Willow asked shyly.

"Um...yes."

"I really wish I could remember. Where were we?" she asked innocently.

"That's because of the um...candy," Tara explained quietly. "We were down by a creek...not too far from here." She swallowed hard as the redhead leaned even closer.

"At night?"

"Yes."

"What were we doing there?" Willow asked as she stared fondly at the blonde.

"Ummm..." Tara felt the burning in her cheeks as she remembered what they did that night at the creek but didn't exactly feel comfortable explaining it to this younger, very adorable, very innocent version of the woman she loved.

Buffy nudged Xander, deciding it was time to save Tara from the uncomfortable situation.

"Hey, Will!" Xander yelled as he held out a huge bag of candy. "Look what I picked up on the way."

"Buffy! Xander!" she screamed as she jumped up and ran to her oldest friend. He hugged her tightly and gave Tara a wink over the redhead's shoulder.

Tara mouthed 'thank you', then buried her face in her hands.

"Xander," Willow whispered in his ear, "did you bring her medicine? Her eyes are looking better, but now her cheeks are all red and splotchy. I think she's having an allergic reaction or something," she said worriedly.

He had to bite his lip to keep from laughing at his best friend's concern over the girl she was obviously crushing on. "I sure did, buddy. We'll get her fixed up in no time, okay?"

"Thank you so much," she said as she hugged him again, then looked up frowning. "Xander...have you gained weight?"

Buffy sighed with relief once she saw for herself that Willow was really okay, then went over and patted the blonde on the shoulder. "How ya doin', Tara?"

"Been better," she mumbled into her hands.

"Well, I know something that might cheer you up."

Tara looked up anxiously. "You have good news? Any news would really be great right now."

Buffy smiled. "Looks like someone caught the guy behind this."

"What?! How?"

"Your mom found him out front all tied up. He's done stuff like this before. We thought he was still locked up, but apparently the snake slithered his way out."

"He's out front?" Tara stood up with fire in her eyes.

Buffy nodded and laughed as Tara ran for the door. She followed her and got there just in time to watch Ethan's head bounce to the side once again.

Tara leaned down and growled low in the unconscious man's bruised and bloodied face.

"Nobody. Fucks. With MY GIRL!"

"That's my daughter," Mary said proudly.

"What should we do with him?" Buffy asked as she looked over at Giles. "We can't leave him out here, and unfortunately I don't think you'll let me kill him."

Giles just grunted. "Stupid Slayer rules."

"I have a suggestion, Rupert," Sofia offered.

"Yes?"

"Well, as much trouble as he's caused, I think with all the witches we have here, we should bind him."

"Yes...excellent idea Sofie!" Mary agreed excitedly and looked over at Giles, who nodded.

"Yes, yes. That's something that should've been done a long time ago. Where can we take him?"

"My place might be best," Mary said, "but what are we going to do with him after that?"

Sofia looked over at the men standing by the black SUV. "Giles, do you think the Council could take care of this piece of shit for us?"

He followed her gaze to the other Watchers and smiled. "That just might work. What in the world are they doing here anyway?"

"They brought a book to me last night...a very special book," she emphasized and laughed inwardly at her old friend's reaction.

"Special? Well...how interesting."

"Yes, it is. I'll tell you all about it once we get to Mary's. I might even let you touch it," she teased.

"Excellent, excellent," he said almost giddily.

Sofie glanced over at Mary and Tara, who both still stood over the unconscious Ethan Rayne, with their arms crossed over their chests, glaring identically at him.

"Mary, can you and Tara take care of the binding or will you need Willow too?"

"We can do it," they said in unison, their eyes never leaving the unconscious man.

"Wonderful. Buffy, if you would be so kind?" Sofia asked as she pointed to her car.

"My pleasure," Buffy said as she lifted the still unconscious man over her shoulder none too gently and headed to Sofie's car.

"I'm going to check on Willow, then I'll be right there," Tara said as she walked back into the house.

She stopped and smiled as she watched her girlfriend happily eating one of the new chocolate candy bars and pointing excitedly to her laptop screen.

"But Xander...Look! That's me and...her!"

"Yep."

"And we're..."

"Hey look, Will...I brought you some Mounds! You always told me how much you love Mounds!"

He managed to distract her once again just as Tara walked into the room but it didn't last long.

Willow looked up and her eyes locked on the blonde's tight t-shirt. Her eyebrows rose animatedly and she looked away quickly as the heat rushed to her cheeks. Yeah, pretty sure I love those 'mounds' alright. She gulped and tried to look busy on her laptop as her heart raced uncontrollably.

"You guys doing okay in here?" Tara asked as she caught Willow's line of sight right before she turned away. Part of her wanted to smirk and part of her wanted to cross her arms over her chest. This was just too confusing.

"Tara! So great to see you!" Xander yelled as he jumped up and walked over to the blonde.

"How is she?" Tara whispered.

"She's okay...just obsessing over the fact that she was kissing you."

"Yeah...she seems to be a little..."

"Fixated? Lovestruck? All googly-eyed?" Xander whispered as he attempted to joke, which only made the blush rise to Tara's cheeks yet again.

"So incredibly cute," she sighed sadly. "But I can't...this is so hard, Xander," she admitted and the carpenter nodded his understanding.

"Don't worry, okay?"

"That's easier said than done, but I'll try, and thanks for everything."

"Not a problem. Hey, did anybody figure out who shot the tire out with the arrow and captured him yet?"

"Arrow?"

"Yeah. We pulled it out of a car down the road in a ditch. Nobody around anywhere."

"I don't know anything about the arrow, but we're taking him to mom's. We're going to bind his magic, then I think the Watchers are going to take him back to the Council with them."

"Sounds like a good plan."

"Can you stay here with her while I go over there?"

"Sure, no problem."

Willow had been sneaking sly glances at the blonde, then looking back at her computer and blushing a bright pink. Tara smiled at how cute she was and hated to have to leave her even for a second, but she needed to do this.

"Hey, Willow...I'm going over to my mom's for a bit, but I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

Willow's blush deepened as the blonde smiled at her. "Um...okay. Is Xander staying here?"

"I sure am, cute buddy. You and me and tons of chocolate. How's that sound?"

The redhead nodded as she smiled shyly at Tara. "You'll be right back?"

"I promise I'll be back as fast as I can," Tara curled her lip and gently touched her shoulder once more.

"Well, okay," Willow said dreamily.

Tara smiled a genuine smile as she recognized that look -- a look she knew belonged to 'her Willow'. "I'll see you soon," she said as she left out the back door, smiling even brighter as Willow craned her neck and leaned out of her chair to watch her until she was out of view.

"Wow...I really kissed her?" she whispered in amazement as her eyes glazed over.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 am 

DIBS! Now I'm late for work...

LoVe school girl Ethan!! :lmao :rofl That was perfect and then with Buffy, Mary and Tara getting all up in his face. He totally deserved the beating, too bad Tara didn't get in a few smacks. So glad they're binding him once and for all. BUT, all this means is that someone else is going to take his place and cause MORE mischief. Hmm, who will it be next? Amy, Percy, the Cowboy vampires, lol. I REALLY love the way you are weaving little things into this fic, especially from seasons past. I'll probably get boo'd for this but, I can't tell you how much I loved S3. By far the very best BtVS season, in my humble opinion. So I hope you include more!

The whole incident left me a little misty eyed. It was heartbreaking to see Tara so sad and not being able to really comfort Willow. I also can't stand seeing Willow cry! I'm not talking about the everyday, "Willow had tears in her eyes, etc," but when Willow is genuinely sad or upset. Then when she got hysterical about being abandon...gut wrenching! I wanted to jump in there and just hug her. *sighs* Willow...what's not to love?

So, the arrow...now I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out past characters that used an arrow and all I can come up with is the Native Americans in 'Pangs.' Oh shit, I hope it doesn't give one of the the funny syphilis.

Then adorable teenage Willow and Mounds...sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:06 am 
8. Vixen

LMAO! OMGAWD! The image of Ethan, dressed as a schoolgirl- hairy legs and all, is just too much... :lmao

*wipes away tears*

Finally binding him! Couldn't happen to a bigger pain in the ass... I mean a nicer guy.

Poor Tara, fending off the not so subtle advances of a teenage Willow... and seemed like she might not have been able to here for a moment. But what's a kiss between soulmates? :wtkiss

You've also added a whole 'nother layer to the abandonment cake when Willow told Tara about her parents. Probably something that would've come up eventually but now it's out there too.

Too many good things in this chapter to list them all... Now about that arrow... :eyebrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am 
3. Flaming O

Another great chapter, thank you! Can't wait for the next (really I can't :grin )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next