The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunnydale Daze AU Fic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
SUNNYDALE DAZE
Author; Willowtaralover

Rating; PG-13 to NC-17 for smut and language

Disclaimer; All Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and all associated affiliates. The story and all original characters belong to me.

Story; Willow Rosenberg lives in the little SoCal town of Sunnydale along with her brother Jake and best friends Buffy, Dawn and Xander. Then Tara Maclay and her family move into the neighbourhood and romance strikes.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 1
“God I’m bored.” The young man’s voice was weary even though its owner had done precisely nothing all morning other than lounge on his sisters bed, stroking her pet cat, Miss Kitty Fantastico, who was resting at his side and listening to the sounds of fingers on a computer keyboard while Eddie van Halen was proclaiming that he just had to jump coming quietly through his sibling’s digital radio.

“You can say that again,” came the bright, perky female response over the light tappety-tap of her fingers on her laptop keyboard.

“God I’m bored,” the girl’s male companion repeated with a broad grin on his face.

“You are such a doofus Jake,” Willow replied, a similarly wide grin in her voice.

“Yeah, but I’m you’re favourite doofus Will,” her twin brother, Jake, replied with a similar wide grin on his face. At eighteen the two were preparing for their final year at school. It surprised people how alike the twins were with bright green eyes, short copper red hair and freckled faces. It was also surprising how well the twin teens did as both were quite bright and intelligent and did well at school but there the similarities ended. Willow had a serious yen for learning and had proved herself to be particularly adept at maths and computer sciences, even getting to the point where she had been assisting the computer sciences teacher, Jenny Calendar in her classes. She even earned money by tutoring some of the other kids in the school in any subjects they were falling behind in or having problems in understanding. This was something that both the students and Willow herself enjoyed. The students enjoyed it because she had a natural knack affinity with her class mates thus making it easier for her to help them and Willow enjoyed it because she discovered she had an aptitude for teaching and seriously considered it as one of her future career prospects.

Jake, on the other hand, did not share his sister’s enthusiasm for the academic life preferring more artistic endeavours instead. Whilst he enjoyed school he far more preferred writing, in particular his hobby of writing horror comic books which Dawn Summers, whom he considered his best bud, illustrated and made them a tidy little sum of money when they sold them at the local comic book store, The Seventh Dimension. His other main interests were horror films and video games, both of which he had a vast collection. To their parents Jake was something of a disappointment because he wasn’t following in his siblings footsteps and being more academic. Deep down inside though, Jake knew that that wasn’t the path for him. He wasn’t sure what the right path was; only that he’d know it when he found it.

“When are Buffy and Dawn coming back?” Jake asked enquiring after their two closest friends who had been visiting their estranged father in L.A., an attempt on his part to try and reconnect with his two daughters. Something that Jake and Willow knew would never happen as the two girls had decided long ago that they would never forgive him for ditching his wife, Joyce, and running off with his mistress to Mexico.

“Tomorrow according to Buffy’s last e-mail, she said that she and Dawn had taken him for a ton of cash buying clothes and stuff.”

“I don’t blame em,” Jake said. Both he and Willow both understood and appreciated how pissed the Summers sisters were that their father had abandoned them and their mother so whenever Buffy and Dawn went to visit him in Los Angeles they always made sure to take him for as much as they possibly could. A peaceful silence fell upon the siblings again as Willow worked on her computer and Jake relaxed back on her bed, still stroking her little cat.

”Hey Will.”

“Hmm?”

“What day is it?” Willow quickly checked the date on her computer, “It’s Wednesday why?”

“Hey the new B.P.R.D and Hellboy are out today,” Jake quickly rose from the bed, startling Miss Kitty who jumped awake from her slumber, dashed out the bedroom and raced downstairs where after a few minutes shivering under the sideboard decided she would be far more comfortable on
Mr. Rosenberg’s favourite cushioned chair and curled up in the centre of it soon falling fast asleep.

“Hey Will, ya wanna grab some mocha goodness with me?”

“Sure, let me just close this up,” and Willow started to close down the program she was running while Jake got his jacket from his room. Within a few minutes Willow had closed down her computer, got her jacket from the back of her room door and went to meet her brother in the hallway of their home. Before they left she went to put out some milk and food for Miss Kitty.
“Hey look, newbie neighbours,” said Jake pointing to where a black SUV was parked in the driveway while a large moving van was parked in the street. In the back of the SUV a shaggy haired dog observed with interest as two removal men carried a huge oaken sideboard into the house.

As Jake and Willow observed, two girls emerged a blonde girl in a sleeveless top with a snarling wolf head design on it, knee length denim shorts and blue converse high top trainers emerged from the back of the car. As they saw her one thought entered the minds of the Rosenberg twins, ‘she is so hot’.

The other girl had similar length hair to the blonde, only raven colored. She wore a tight white short sleeve t-shirt with a skull design on it and short shorts with a stars and stripes pattern on them revealing long toned legs.

“Yo T, I’m gonna see what Mom wants doing,” she said in a strong Boston accent.

“Ok F...Faith,” came Tara’s answer. “I’m going to g...get some boxes from the van.”

“Ok Tara, see ya in there.” With that the girl known as Faith walked up the path to her house swivelling her hips in a saucy manner.

The blonde girl was eagerly followed by the dog which kept jumping up at her and barking happily. “Chewie,” she said laughing, “get down stupid, go and play in the garden,” and she threw her hand as if there had been a ball in it. Instantly the dog shot off into the garden like a ball from the cannon and started snuffling around the garden, exploring this new space. The girl then clambered into the back of the moving van to emerge a few moments later with two cardboard boxes. As she jumped down from the van the topmost of the two boxes fell down to the floor where it broke open spilling out its contents of twenty hardback books on to the road.

Before Willow had even registered what had happened Jake had quickly crossed and began to help the girl with picking up the books from the street.

“Oh, er, th...thanks,” she said startled at the sudden appearance of the young man.

“That’s ok, I’ll do anything to help a pretty lady,” Jake said as charmingly as he could while the blonde just rolled her eyes considering the comment so cheesy she thought its first name was brie. “I’m Jake by the way, Jake Rosenberg.” he added hoping that he could somehow win over the blonde beauty.

“Pleased to meet you, I’m Tara, Tara Maclay,” the girl replied proffering her hand which Jake eagerly took and shook politely.

“And I’m his sister Willow," came a soft voice from above and they both looked up to see the redheaded girl there looking pointedly at her brother.

Wow was all Tara could think her eyes widening as she saw the girl and took in the sight of the green eyed, freckled girl with a mop of flame coloured hair. She hadn’t seen anyone this attractive in a long time and she definitely wanted to get to know her a lot better.

“Er, yeah this is my sister Willow,” Jake added albeit reluctantly as he placed the last of the books on the back of the van, standing to one side as the removal men returned from the house and took a three seat couch from within the bowels of the van.

“So you’re new to the neighbourhood?” Willow asked inwardly cringing at her words.

So you’re new to the neighbourhood, well duh Rosenberg. How can you ask her something as stupid as that? She knows that she’s new. How can I possibly hope to get this hot mama yama interested in me with stupid statements like that?

“Er W...Willow are you alright? Willow?” Tara looked on the other girl with no small amount of concern as her eyes appeared to have glazed over.

“Uh oh yeah I’m fine, sorry ‘bout that I sometimes go into my own little universe. Busy up in the brainpan,” Willow said while tapping the side of her head.

“So you’re ok, you sure?” Tara asked concernedly.

“Yeah, but thanks for asking.”

“Hey look sorry about this but we do really have to go but welcome to the neighbourhood and if you
ever need anything I’m just across the way,” Jake indicated where his house was across the street.

“Hey, maybe I could show you around town tomorrow, i...if you wanted,” Willow piped up hoping that Tara would say yes. She really wanted to get to know her better, a lot better.

“I’d l...like that a lot. Shall I come to yours or do you want to c...come to mine?”

“You’d better come to mine,” Willow replied, a big goofy grin on her face. “That way you can come when you’re ready otherwise I’ll just be getting under the feet and tripping the dog up then he’ll start barking and howling and that’ll set all the other dogs off and they’ll come here and you’ll be under siege from all these dogs and it’ll just be terrible and you’ll hate me and never want to see me again and why haven’t you stopped me? You know you should stop me from doing that.” Willow said, slightly irately at Jake.

“Yeah but who could ever miss out on Willow babble,” he replied with a grin.

“I...I’ll come and see you tomorrow,” Tara said shyly, already slightly taken with the redhead before her.

“So til tomorrow then,” Willow said goofy grin still in place.

“Yeah, we’ll see you tomorrow,” Jake interrupted. “C’mon sis, we got to do that stuff in town and everywhere will be closed if we don’t go now.”

Willow made no move to go but just stood there gazing into the face of Tara.

She has the bluest eyes, and that sexy little mole on her left cheek. Those boobs look really great under her tee, I bet they look better out in the open though.

“Willow are you coming?” To say Jake was frustrated was putting it mildly. He’d seen Tara first so surely he should have dibs on asking her out, not Willow. Still once Willow found out Tara wasn’t gay then he could just sneak in and whisk her off her feet.

“Coming,” Willow said sighing inwardly “brothers huh, who’d have them?” She said, only half joking.

“I don’t kn...know, I’ve only ever had a sister,” Tara replied with a smile on her face.
And her smile, it brightens the place up better than the sun.

“So til tomorrow,” the redhead said a wistful tone to her voice.

“Til tomorrow,” the blonde replied as she gazed upon the green eyed girl and wondering when she had last seen anyone as pretty as Willow. The only answer she could come up with was never.

Eventually Willow was able to pry herself free from staring at Tara all day long and she and Jake set off down Noxon Avenue. And Tara watched them go down the road, already missing Willow’s face.

"Hey T, checkin’ out the chicks already?” Faith said emerging from house and entering the van to retrive some more boxes.

“No Faith, I’m just g...g...getting acquainted with the neighbours that’s all. We’ll be going to school with them and living in their neighbourhood so we may as well get along with them,” Tara replied in a firm voice though images of a beautiful redhead with sparkly green eyes and a brilliant smile.

“Yeah sure, that’s why you were staring at that redheaded chick‘s butt,” she paused for a moment and tilted her head a little as she observed the siblings going down the street to take in Willow’s pert little backside. “Not bad T, not bad at all. I always said ya had good taste in girls.”

“Faith!!! I am not checking her out.”

“Whatever T, but ya know what they say; denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.” Faith finished with a smirk before heading into the new house with the boxes yelling for her mom.

She does have a nice butt, Tara considered before carefully picking up the boxes and following her Faith into the house.

TO BE CONTINUED

Post subject: Re: Sunnydale Daze AU Fic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs

Yay! A new fic.

Tara and Faith as sisters? Hmmmmm, should be very interesting since they are polar opposites.

I smell some sibling rivalry on the horizon between Willow and Jake.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm 
5. Willowhand

I love it!!! Please continue soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Great start! I love it already...you know me and the AU:)

Anyway, I like the dynamic you've set up between Willow and Jake. The bit of sibling rivalry always gives it a nice little edge. Faith as Tara's sister...hmm. Interesting, looking forward to see how they get along, etc.

Update soon!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I love the high school stories. Wondering if Tara and Faith re bio sisters seeing you mentioned the Boston accent for only one... Can't wait to read more

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:07 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm guessing that if Willow and Tara aren't capable of getting together on their own, Faith and Jake will push them in that direction.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 am 
8. Vixen

Grimm A big YAY :applause on your dibs Grimm, yup Tara and Faith are sisters in this fic. I always liked the idea of them being closer than we saw them on Buffy and this seemed a good way to do it. There’s a little sibling rivalry between Jake and Willow with them being twins and everything but they’re not über-competitive, they are lot closer as brother and sister as you’ll see. Thanks for the feedback:)

fhiwda Glad you’re loving it, hope this is soon enough for you. Thanks for the feedback :)

Finey-McFine Glad you’re loving the story Shel, I’m hoping to go for a Laragh, sweet and fluffy type vibe here, as for both sets of siblings all I can say is keep reading to see how they’ll interact, not just with each other or the other siblings i.e. Jake and Tara, Faith and Willow but their friends too. Thanks for the feedback :)

Taranwillow4ever Can’t get a thing past you can I. They’re not biological but you’ll have to wait to see how they became sisters. Thanks for the feedback :)

JustSkipIt What do you mean can’t get together on their own? It’s Willow and Tara, though Jake will need some help in realising someone’s crush on him a little later. Thanks for the feedback :)

SUNNYDALE DAZE
Author; Willowtaralover

Disclaimer; All Buffy characters are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and all associated affiliates. The story and all original characters belong to me.

Story; Willow Rosenberg lives in the little SoCal town of Sunnydale along with her brother Jake and best friends Buffy, Dawn and Xander. Then Tara Maclay and her family move into the neighbourhood and romance strikes.

Thoughts are in italics

I want to say a huge thank you to my good friend Shelby for her advice on writing and posting this new story, thanks Shel I owe you big time.

Chapter 2
“Who were you talking to?” Elizabeth Maclay asked Tara as the blonde entered the house with the box of books held precariously in the hopes that it wouldn’t break again and dump its contents on the floor. Faith replied before Tara even got to open her mouth.

“She was checking out the local hotties,” the raven haired girl replied, a smirk filling her face so much it threatened to overwhelm it. “Tara just sighed and rolled her eyes.

“No I was not, I was j...just talking with Jake and Willow, they’re our neighbours from a...across the road.”

“Oh that’s nice dear; it’ll be good to have some friends when you start at the High School.”

“Yeah and just think T, you’ll have someone to smooch with under the bleachers,” Faith added, the smirk affixed firmly on her face.

“Faith, we’ve only just met. For all you know she may be straight,” Tara argued, Faith was really getting under her skin with all this Willow business. Why couldn’t she just back off?

“Not with the looks she was giving ya sis, she was definitely into you.” The smirk had by now grown into a full blown evil grin.

“Jesus Faith, is that all you can talk about, my love life?” By now Tara was pissed, yeah she liked Willow but so what?

Meanwhile Faith had ignored Tara’s question and was continuing to taunt her sister.
“Willow and Tara sitting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g,” she sang unwittingly lighting the blue touch paper. If Tara had been pissed before she was furious now and was ready and willing to open a six pack of Whoop-ass on Faith.

“F...Faith, if you don’t sh...shut your mouth I swear I’ll b...bust your n...nose wide open,” the blonde’s hands were clenched into hardened fists while holding the box and her jaw was clenched and she glared at Faith her blue eyes blazed with the fury of an Amazonian warrior.

“ALRIGHT YOU TWO, THAT’S ENOUGH,” yelled Elizabeth who by now was fed up of her daughters bickering. She’d had a long day getting here and now she had to sort out all the furniture, or as much as she could until Michael arrived.

“Faith, leave Tara alone and stop winding her up. Tara stop letting Faith get to you. Just please both of you stop fighting I’ve got to much to do.”

“I’m going sorting my room out,” and with that Tara ran upstairs pursued by Chewie who had just entered the house after hearing the raised voices and wanted to see what was happening.

“Nice going Faith, now we probably won’t see Tara again til tomorrow. Can you not think before you speak, you know how sensitive she is?”

Shit I’ve really fucked this up, Faith sighed pissed at herself for how she’d hurt her sister.

“I’m sorry mom; I thought T would know I was only joking. I didn’t think she’d get so pissed.”

“Well you should, now I want you to go and apologise to Tara then you can come and help me with some of this furniture before we try and get something sorted for dinner.”

“Ok mom, and mom I am sorry.”

Mrs. Maclay smiled at her daughter and put her arms round the girl in a comforting hug.

“I know you are honey but I’m not the one you have to say sorry to now am I?”

“I guess not.”

Faith slowly made her way up the stairs trying to figure out what she would say to her sister. She looked through all the open doors on the upper level of the house until she found Tara’s. The blonde girl was kneeling on the floor, sorting through the box of books and placing them on the bottom shelf of a book case, the top two already crammed to overflowing with paperbacks. Chewie, who had sensed Tara’s sadness, was resting his head on her thighs the dogs head a comforting weight which Tara on occasion petted and whispered gentle words of affection to him.

“Yo, T?” Tara did not answer instead she kept her back to Faith studiously ignoring her while she sorted out her books. “T,” Faith said again with more emphasis and again Tara ignored her. Faith moved next to her sister and crouched down on her haunches by her side. “Tara,” she said more softly this time and now Tara turned to face her with scowl so fearsome that Faith drew back a little in fear.

“What do you want Faith?”

“I guess you’re pretty pissed at me huh?” Tara just glared at this but didn’t say anything. “Look Tara, I’m sorry I upset ya. You know me though it’s how I am, I don’t mean nothing by it and I’m sorry I hurt ya like that. Look it ya like her ya like her, if ya don’t ya don’t but please don’t hate me. You’re more than my sister, you’re my best friend and you have no idea how much I love you. Please say we’re still friends.” Faith looked at her sister with wide eyes looking for forgiveness.
Tara looked back and whilst the scowl had softened somewhat the same raging fury blazed in her eyes.

“Faith, I will always b...be your sister and I’ll always be there f...for you but right now I’m so pissed at you for what you said downstairs. It’s none of your goddamned business if I’m interested in Willow or not and we don’t even know if she’s gay or single.” Tara turned away from Faith and went back to her books. When it was obvious that she wasn’t going to speak again Faith went to leave her siblings room only for Tara to call to her.

“Faith.”

“Yeah?”

There was a beat, then.

“Thanks.”

“Anytime T, anytime.”
In the Espresso Pump Jake and Willow were in a window seat watching the world go by and thinking about their new blue eyed neighbour. Or rather Willow was Jake was busy checking through his latest haul of comics getting as giddy with excitement as a child on Christmas Eve.

“Hellboy in Hell 1, B.P.R.D-The Devil’s Engine 1&2 and Slayers 22&23, oh god this is gonna be better than sex,” he squealed with childish pleasure.
Willow could not help but smirk at this last statement.

“Better than sex uh? Like you’d know anything about that,” she said unable to avoid the merciless teasing tone from her voice.

Jake looked up at his sister a withering look on his face.

“Oh don’t worry about that coppertop, once I’m with Tara I will wine her, dine her and sixty nine her.” The smug tone in his voice only made Willow laugh out loud.

“Do you know how ridiculous that sounds,” she said mockingly. “We don’t even know if she’s straight or gay, and even if she is straight I seriously doubt she’ll be interested in you and DON’T call me coppertop or I’ll kick your butt,” and to emphasise that Willow kicked Jake hard on the shin.

“Oww that hurt, well I bet you ten bucks she’s straight,” Jake said while rubbing his now tender shin.”

“You’re on but let’s make it twenty and a weeks worth of household chores just to make it more interesting,” Willow propositioned holding out her hand and Jake willingly took it with the smug smile in his face of one who knows he has already won.

Oh yeah Will it’s on, it’s on like Donkey Kong.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 am 
5. Willowhand

They just had to make a bet. I highly doubt Tara will appreciate that when she finds out. I can't wait to read more. Please continue soon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Hee-hee, I like this development. Definitely makes it "more interesting." This seems to be a fun 'verse.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:40 pm 

Nice chapter, thanks for the quick up date and the kind words:) :blush

I liked seeing a little bit into Tara's world and her relationship with Faith. Hopefully Faith doesn't give her too much crap because I can totally see Willow going all dark on her ass, lol. It'll be interesting to eventually see the rest of their back story.

I'm not sure how I feel about this wager. These things rarely turn out good and I doubt Tara will appreciate her sexuality being bet on. Especially, with how shy and sensitive she is.

Looking forward to more soon...please!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:08 am 
8. Vixen

fhiwda I think that Tara might appreciate that Willow is interested in her, what her take on the bet will be even I don’t know yet. Thanks for the feedback :)

DaddyCatAlso I’m glad you like the developments so far and I’m hoping to provide you with more interesting stuff in the story, especially in the pairings, my intention was to make this a fun ‘verse because I figured the gang deserved a few laughs. Thanks for the feedback :)

FineyMcFiney Hi Shelby :bigwave and I owe you a big thanks as well for the suggestion. Writing the story in smaller bite size chunks makes it a lot easier and more fun to write than huge epic chapters like I give to Red Rosenberg so I’m going to use the same idea for both stories so again many thanks. As sisters Tara and Faith don’t generally fight too much so I doubt we’ll see Dark Willow but they should have an interesting back story. This incarnation isn’t quite as shy as she is in other stories so she would probably be more amused by the idea and even use the fact that Jake is interested to tease him a little bit but only in good fun, she doesn’t like seeing people get hurt and as for more, well here it is. Thanks for the feedback :)

SUNNYDALE DAZE
Author; Willowtaralover

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 3
“Are you ready yet Rupy? The girl’s plane lands in an hour.”

“Coming Joy,” Rupert Giles answered as he finished combing his hair. After checking his appearance one last time in the mirror he departed the room considering the wrinkles under his eyes and wondering if he should snaffle some of his girlfriend’s face cream.

As he exited the front door he heard a wolf whistle emanate from the SUV. Turning he saw Joyce Summers looking over her RayBans with a mischievous smile on her face and a twinkle in her hazel eyes. She was looking him over and deciding that he looked mighty fine in his powder blue polo shirt and khakis.

Someone is definitely getting lucky tonight she decided.

“Well don’t you look handsome,” Said Joyce in a sultry tone.

Giles looked at his lover in the family car and smirked slightly.

“Well there’s this hot blonde I know that I have date with,” he said as he strolled over to the driver’s side of the vehicle. He moved closer to the blonde and kissed her tenderly on the lips.

“Well if you kiss her like that then she’s a very lucky lady.” Joyce finally said when she got her breath back. It was always like that when Rupert kissed her, he took her breath away like no one else. Not one of her previous boyfriends and most definitely NOT Hank, her ex could kiss her the way that Rupert Giles could.

“No, I’m the lucky one Joyce,” he smiled before kissing her once more, “because I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world.” He kissed her for a third time before getting in the passenger seat then he and Joyce set off for Sunnydale airport so they could meet Buffy and Dawn.
“I can’t wait to see the gang again, Dawn declared excitedly.

“Yeah it’ll be good to catch up with Will and Jake again,” Buffy added. “I always want to take them with us when we go to LA but dad,” she didn’t so much say the name as spit it out. “Dad just says it’s his house not a hotel and if they want to come they have to find their own accommodation, the shit.”

Dawn didn’t add anything to her sister’s statement but silently agreed with it. They just stood in a comfortable silence waiting for their mother and Giles. It was Dawn who saw them first as they made their way over to the girls and bounced up and down waving her arms madly in the air while Buffy rolled her eyes and just smiled at her sisters enthusiasm.

After several minutes worth of hugs and greetings the girls, Joyce and Giles went to where the big motor vehicle was parked and placed several bags full of clothes and gifts into the ample boot of the SUV then within seconds they were on their way back to Revello Drive.

“Did you have fun in LA girls?” Joyce asked. While her tone was pleasant there was hidden steel there that she hoped Giles wouldn’t cotton on to.

“Yeah mom we had a great time,” Dawn enthused a big grin on her face “visited all the usual places, y’know Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills.”

“Yeah we screwed him again mom, took him for a couple’a grand a piece,” Buffy added with obvious pride in her voice.

“Now Buffy, know you shouldn’t be like that,” Giles said “I...er...I know that your parents have had their...umm...problems but he is still your father and should be given some consideration. I’m sure he loves you and Dawn very much.” Buffy and Dawn exchanged a look that said yeah right. Joyce said nothing but she did sit a little straighter in her seat, held her head a little higher and thought proudly, that’s my girls.

“Jacob, Willow, could you come down please. I have something to tell you.”

“Coming mom,” the siblings called back down to their mother and put down the Xbox controllers on which they had been playing Lego Batman 2.

“What do you think she wants?” Jake asked as he and his sister made their way down to the Rosenberg’s living room.

“Dunno but it must be important, she never calls us unless it’s something imperative.” Willow replied with a bad feeling in her gut. Whilst it was true that Sheila Rosenberg never called for her children unless it was serious Willow was fully aware that it was usually only something of great importance to Sheila.

“Sit down please children, I have some exciting news for you,” Sheila said with a huge beaming smile on her round face. That smile was enough to make Willow’s bad feeling go into hyperdrive. “Both I and your father have been invited by Doctor Fujiko Ikkishama to go and lecture at the University of Tokyo.”

At this the twins gave each other a cynical look then turned that expression back on their mother.

“Umm mom, not that we’re complaining much but why should me and Will be excited by that?” Jake hated that he wasn’t as hyped up by all this as he should be, after all being invited to lecture at Tokyo Uni was a pretty big deal, he just couldn’t see how it affected him.

“Unless you’re taking us along with you,” Willow piped up with excited hope in her voice. For years now she had wanted to accompany her parents when they went abroad with their lecture tours to experience life in other cultures and other seats of learning. And always her dreams were dashed with a resounding ‘no’ sugar coated with a ‘you’re not old enough yet.’ To say that Willow was pissed at that couldn’t even begin to hint at how frustrated she felt by the whole situation.

Sheila turned her gaze first to her son, her face in an obvious grimace of distaste at his ‘Killer Klowns from Outer Space’ T-shirt, then to her daughter with a much more loving expression. Willow had been her favourite from the age of one when in half an hour she had placed colored wooden blocks into a wooden sorter with each block going into its properly designated slot. However it had taken at least three weeks for Jake to solve the same puzzle and even then only with help from Willow. Since then he had proven to be nothing less than a great disappointment to her by getting all interested in that Science Fiction and Fantasy rubbish. Still, at least she always had Willow.

“Well I would have thought that you would have been just the little bit excited and proud of your old mother Jake, I suppose it was just too much to be expected from you.” It was spoken with the air of someone who expected more but didn’t really believe she would get it.

He pursed his lips at his mother’s guilt tripping chastisement. She hadn’t even looked at him when she said it.

“No Willow dear, I’m sorry but you can’t possibly come with us on this trip. It’s a year long sabbatical you see and with this being your final year you’ll have to do your S.A.Ts and decide which college you’re going to after graduation.”

“Jake’s going to go to college as well you know,” Willow said in indignant support of her brother. She knew well the type of games Sheila played but no way in hell was she playing by her mother’s rules.

Sheila forced a smile, “Of course he is dear, but you are so much more academically inclined than he is.”

“Hey, I’m still in the room ya know,” he almost shouted furious at the way that his mother was ignoring him. Startled by his outburst she quickly turned to him with the good grace to look embarrassed by her forgetting he was right in front of her.

“So, when are you going?” Willow quickly spoke up anxious to deflate another fight between Jake and her mother that he would lose.”

“Tomorrow, I’m going to pack my bags in a moment but Willow, I’m leaving you in charge of the household bills. All the utilities are paid for through direct debit so you should only need to purchase groceries and any emergencies, here’s the card,” and she handed a small plastic bank card over to the redheaded girl. “And now I’m off to pack my bags,” Sheila stated with a satisfied smile as if she had dealt with all she needed to. She had completely forgotten about Jakes outburst and was too busy thinking about the lectures on parenting she was going to give in Japan.

Willow remained on the couch glancing nervously at Jake.

Shit, I knew something was going to go wrong. I can’t believe she treated him like that.

“Jake?” her voice was soft with hesitancy, she could tell he was pissed it was coming off him in waves. “Jake, are you ok?”

“What do you think?” His voice was bitter with resent but he would never hurt her, not his lil’ Willow.

“I’m sorry,” her voice was less than a whisper, little more than a breath.

“Don’t be,” he said turning to her with a small smile. “It’s not your fault, it’s hers,” his face turned sour again at the thought of his mother, then another smile. “At least you defended me,” and he gazed at her with loving eyes.

“Always,” Willow answered and she wrapped her arms round him in a big hug. “Love you bro,” she whispered in his ear and kissed him on the cheek.

“Love you too sis,” he returned the affection phrase and action with equal tenderness.

“I’m going to go to Xander’s for a while,” Jake said standing up. “I just need to get some stuff clear in the old brain pan,” he said tapping his finger against his temple. “Dunno if I’ll be back for dinner.”

Willow sighed as the front door closed with a bang, despairing of her mother’s inability to care about anyone other than herself.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

A lecture on parenting, ahh, the ironies of the Canonverse carry over.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 pm 

Buffy and Dawn spoiled?? Nah... :grin It always bugged me that they just dropped Buffy's father after we got to see him early on. It was kind of like a dope opera when a little kid goes upstairs to bed and never returns, lol. Which is also what they did with Miss Kitty.

Sheila seems to be pretty much a bitca. For her to verbally favor one twin over the other...evil. Also, who leaves their teenage kids alone for a month? Of course, it makes it nice for them and easy for Tara and Willow to have uninterrupted alone time, but still. She krazy! I guess they are trustworthy, but in the real world DCFS would take them away if they found out, especially if something bad happens and let's hope it doesn't!

Anxious to read more and see more of the girls together...hint, hint.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:48 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great start.

Thoughts on first chapters:

I think how Tara reacts to the bet will all depend on how she finds out. It's not like they bet on how far Willow can get with her or anything manipulative. Their sibling rivalry has simply added another factor to a simple question. If, after they become a couple, Willow makes a joke about how Jake has to pay for their first date, it can easily be laughed away. However, one of them just asks: "Are you gay or straight? I have a bet," Tara is likely to have a worse reaction. I shudder to think what might if they try to find out through Faith.

About Tara and Faith being sisters: While I love fics that have Faith /Tara friendships (they're such opposites that I enjoy imagining how they would react to each other), I don't picture them having enough physical similarities to be sisters. Will this be explained, or should I just accept it?

:smash Shelia. I'm watching Arrested Development on Netflix and I can totally see Shelia as the mother: Completely self-absorbed and manipulative.

Can't wait for more. :)

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 am 
8. Vixen

DaddyCatAlso Yeah, Sheila is pretty crappy as a parent but we haven’t met Ira yet and in this chapter you meet Faith and Tara’s parents. Thanks for the feedback :)

Finey_McFiney It’s not so much that Buffy and Dawn are spoiled but Joyce was really pissed when Hank dropped her for a younger woman so she’s actually using her daughters, which is actually really mean now that I think about it.

Yeah Sheila is a bitca but there are parents out there who do favour one child over another, however Willow and Jake wound up spending a lot of time together growing up and thus became really close which is why she defends him. Yes, you are right again in that she is crazy leaving the kids alone, and it won’t be for just a month either. But she sees it as an important step in their development, she knows Willow is going to go away to college so she wants her to be able to take care of herself whilst away from home. As for more of the girls together, don’t worry that’s coming soon as well as a surprising partnership. Thanks for the feedback :)

BuffyFan4ever I plan for Tara to find out in a good way or as good as it can be when you learn that people have had a bet on you and your orientation.

Tara and Faith as sisters is going to be explained and soon.

I watch Arrested Development myself and it never occurred to me before how alike they are. Maybe they’re sisters separated at birth :p . Thanks for the feedback :)

SUNNYDALE DAZE
Author; Willowtaralover

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 4
**********************************************************************************
It was seven in the evening and by now Elizabeth Maclay was worrying as to where her husband, Michael, had got to. She sincerely hoped that he hadn’t gotten himself lost as he was bringing the girls bikes.

“Mom, are we getting something to eat?” Faith asked as she descended the stairs.
After having apologised to Tara for teasing her over Willow she had decided to stay upstairs and sort her own bedroom out much as her sister was doing with her own. For Faith, however this was essentially just setting up her bed, closet and small chest of drawers everything else could wait til the morning, though she did ensure a photo of herself and her sibling, each with a huge smile on her face and an arm round the other’s shoulders was on display.

“I guess so Faith, is there a phone book so we can order a take out?”

“Yeah, there’s one here mom, what we having pizza, Chinese, Mexican or a curry?”

“Hmmm, I’d better go up and see what Tara wants,” Elizabeth said still a little annoyed that Faith’s behaviour had Tara go off in bit of a sulk.

“W...what do you mean what I w...want momma?” the girl in question asked as she emerged from her own room with Chewie the dog following close behind.

“Tara, are you fine sweetie,” her mom asked wrapping her arms around her in a loving hug.

“Yeah I’m good mom, Faith apologised for what she said but,” and here she turned to her sister, “I hope she remembers that I have some dirt on her.” As she said this she gave a sly wink in Faith’s direction and grinned as she saw that the raven haired girl had gone a little pale and her eyes were twitching, not focusing in one particular direction for more than a microsecond.

"Now Tara, you know better than to tease your sister like that," Elizabeth said with mock sterness.

"Yes momma," Tara replied meekly but she flashed an evil grin at her sister.

“We were wondering what you wanted ta eat T,” Faith said breezily in an attempt to hide her discomfort “We got a choice between pizza, Chinese...”

“Umm I think I’ll have chicken please,” Tara said with a grin.

Elizabeth sighed and shook her head with a wry smile on her face.

“You’re just saying that to be awkward aren’t you Tara?”

“Well yeah,” Tara replied grinning hugely and stepping towards her mother, placing a loving arm around her shoulders. “But you wouldn’t l...love me as much as you do if I w...wasn’t now would you?”

“I’ll get back to you on that,” Elizabeth answered with an equally big grin and kissed the blonde on the forehead.”

“So what are the choices then?” Tara asked.

Faith started to repeat all the choices and then suddenly thought of something.

“Hey mom, do you have any cash on you? cos ya know, ya kinda need it to pay the guys when they bring the food.”

Elizabeth’s eyes went wide at this and quickly checked her purse.

“Dammit, she cried out. “Your dad has the money. Sorry girls we’ll just have to wait til he arrives.”

There’s was resounding sound of ‘awww’ from Tara, Faith and even Chewie whimpered a bit. As the three Maclay women got on with sorting out where to place everything in the house and making it look more like a home with pictures and other little nick-nack’s being put up in places where they would be the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

By now it was getting on for half past eight when the sound of a motor engine pulling up in front of the house could be clearly discerned. The engine was switched off and someone got out of the vehicle slamming the door shut behind him. Booted feet could be heard crunching on the loose pebble filled drive and in a few steps someone was knocking on the door. Elizabeth went to answer while Faith and Tara wondered if their dad had arrived with their bikes.

“Hi honey, I’m home,” came a loud boisterous voice from the front door and the sisters cried out “YAY” as they realised their father had indeed arrived.

“Oh Mike where have you been, you had me worried for you?” Elizabeth scolded even as she kissed her husband in greeting and let him in the house.

“Sorry about that honey,” he said with an arm around his wife’s waist. “I just got a little lost and wound up on a road called Revello Drive. But I got put back on the right road by this brit, a nice guy but he had a weird name though, Rupert can you believe of all things.” He said this last part with a chuckle, more in astonishment that such old fashioned names were still in common usage.

“He had a smoking hot wife too,” he continued unaware that he was speaking out loud and getting glared at by Elizabeth while Faith and Tara just smirked at his faux pas. As he turned to look at his own wife Michael was suddenly aware of what he had said and that everyone had heard it.

“Of course she was nowhere near as gorgeous and sexy as you Beth,” he back-pedalled quickly with a sheepish grin on his face. Elizabeth just looked at him with a raised eyebrow, arms folded across her chest, but her blue eyes twinkled with amusement and a small smile curled up the sides of her mouth.

“And don’t you ever forget that Michael John Maclay,” she said in a mock stern voice before kissing him quickly once more on the lips.

Happy that he was out of trouble Michael turned to his daughters and wrapped his arms round their shoulders in a big hug.

“And how are my two little girls, hope you’ve been behaving for your mother.” He said all this with a huge grin and kissed the two girls on their cheeks. This got two separate reactions. Faith rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out whilst Tara just grinned gleefully and wrapped her own arms round his waist.

“Well, now that you’re here we’re hoping you have some money on you. I don’t have any so I couldn’t order any food for me the girls or Chewie.” Elizabeth said deciding to keep quiet on her daughter’s argument from earlier. If either one wanted to talk about it to their father, well that would be their own decision.

“I thought that might be the case when I found this in my jacket,” with that Michael reached into the inside pocket of his leather jacket and pulled out a plain black wallet which he handed to his wife who sighed with relief. “When I found your wallet Beth, I realised that you wouldn’t have any money to buy some food so I took a little liberty. I hope Chinese is alright for everyone?” His question was greeted with approval from three hungry women and one dog.

“Just one thing Mike, where is it?” Elizabeth asked, with an eyebrow raised once again.”

“Oh yeah, it’s in the van. C’mon Faith you can help me,” and he quickly dashed out of the house and down the drive to his van with Faith hot on his heels. As she came within sight of the van she saw the trailer attached with two motorbikes on it. One was a small two person moped, the fuel tank, front and pillion all navy blue.

The other bike was a black Yamaha 6500. Like the moped it came with a pillion seat and the sleekness of it seemed to shine in the lamplight.

There were at least two solid chains holding each bike to the trailer plus a wheel clamp on all four wheels. Preventative measures to ensure they weren’t stolen

“Awesome dad, you got our bikes,” Faith crowed with pleasure and she quickly hugged her father with a great deal of love and affection. “You’re the best, dad. Ya know that?” She whispered in his ear as a smile of contentment grew on her face, a smile which was reflected by her father.

“I know,” he said softly with genuine appreciation for it wasn’t often that Faith was this open with her feelings. And as they held each other Michael caught his wife’s eye as she watched them both from the lounge window, a gentle smile on her face.
“Come on now Faith or that kung-pao chicken will be getting cold.”

With that he removed three bags from the van, each containing six foil containers with spice, aromatic perfumes coming from each one. The two of them took the bags into the house, took the lids off the containers and the family tucked into the tasty banquet as the prepared to settle down for their first night in Sunnydale.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Yay my first Dibs! i can just see Tara riding the motor bike with willow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I have a feeling the <i>moped</i> is meant for Tara; either way, this sounds like a promising premise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
5. Willowhand

Aw! Cute update! I like the look into Tara's family. Now for more w/t time? Eh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 am 
8. Vixen

vampireschoolgirl Hi there and a big YAY on your dibs :bigwave Yup that’s something that is going to happen a little later in the story when they’re back in school. Hope you’re enjoying the story and thanks for the feedback :derr

DaddyCatAlso Darn tootin DaddyCat, the moped is Tara’s. It just felt like the kind of bike she would ride. Thanks for the feedback :derr

fhiwda Thanks for your kind words. I always wanted to write a story where Tara came from a happy family background as opposed to what we saw on the show and we’ll see a bit more of Tara’s family and their interactions with everyone else. Don’t worry, there’s some more W/T time coming soon. Thanks for the feedback :derr
[c] SUNNYDALE DAZE[/c]
Author; Willowtaralover

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 5
Tara woke to bright sunshine burning against her eyelids. As she slowly opened her eyes, fluttering them against the blinding brilliance of the new morning light, watching small motes of dust flying in the light she became aware of a heavy weight on her legs. Raising herself up on her elbows the blonde looked down the coverlet that she had placed on her bed and saw the shaggy haired body of Chewie lying there.

She groaned quietly before calling out to the dog in a futile attempt to wake him, but she soon learned that it is hard to wake a canine when they are dreaming of chowing down on the biggest bone ever. Deciding to give up on waking Chewie, Tara slowly started to extricate herself from her prison by dragging her legs out from under the dog.

“Damn it Chewie do you have to be so heavy,” she grumbled as she finally pulled free from the family pet. Listening she heard that the shower was quiet and knowing that the water was connected quickly decided to have a wash before meeting with Willow. Looking in her bags for some clean underwear and a couple of towels she entered the bathroom and quickly stripped out of her bed clothes. Stepped under the shower head she relished the feel of the warm water against her skin making her feel a little more awake, especially after being up late with the Chinese feast her father had bought the family.

Refreshed she stepped out and dried herself off before tying the towel round herself and returned to her room. Tara slipped in to her fresh underwear and delved into her bags until she found a red baseball tee and jeans. Once dressed she left her room with Chewie still sleeping on her bed, still dreaming of giant bones, and made her way downstairs.
Entering the kitchen Tara saw her mother sitting at the table writing ideas for decorating her new home in a pad.

“Morning mom,” she said pecking Elizabeth on the cheek.

“Good morning dear, and what have you got planned today?” Elizabeth asked looking up with a smile on her face.

“Today I g...get to see the wondrous sights of Sunnydale c...courtesy of our neighbours,” Tara replied sitting next to her. “What about yourself?”

“Today I get to explore the best in Sunnydale’s wallpaper and carpet emporiums,” her mother said with a grin. “That is if I can get your father to wake up.”

“More like if you can persuade him to go, I think the dolphins are playing today.”

“Oh great,” said Elizabeth rolling her eyes, “and we haven’t got the TiVO set up yet.”

“There’s still Faith and if she’s busy you can always f...fall back on Chewie,” said Tara with a chuckle.

“Oh I can just see Chewie being a big help,” Elizabeth said sarcastically. “Chewie, which do you prefer, the flock or the flower pattern. Hmm well let me see,” she continued now putting on a gruff voice. “Does either of these wallpapers have bones on them.”

The two women laughed at this and Tara noticed the time on her watch.

“Well, it’s time I got over there,” she said and got up to leave the room.

“You like her don’t you?” Tara paused by the door at those words, remembering her fight the night before with her sister.

“Mom please, it was b...bad enough with Faith last night. Don’t you start.” There was a pleading tone in her voice; she didn’t want to have the same argument with her mother, or any of her family for that matter.

“You do though don’t you,” Elizabeth persisted with a gentle smile on her face. A smile that Tara soon reflected back.

“She is pretty, and does have a cute butt,” she sighed and the smile faded. “But I d...don’t know if she’s gay or not, or if she’s single or if she e...even likes me for that matter. She may prefer someone a l...little wilder like Faith.

Elizabeth saw the look on her daughter’s face and went over to the girl resting her hands on the blonde’s shoulders and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Sweetie does any of that really matter as long as you are both friends? She said with a little grin.

“I suppose not,” Tara said her smile having returned and she hugged her mother close.
“Whatever happens it‘ll be alright,” Elizabeth whispered and squeezed her lovingly. “Now go and get that girl, she said with a grin in her voice.
One of the first things Tara noticed as she exited her new home was how busy the street was despite being in a quiet neighbourhood but supposed that it was due to it being a Saturday so everyone was going shopping.

Once the road was clear she quickly crossed and went down the pathway to the house Willow had pointed out to her the previous day enjoying the geraniums on either side of the path.
She knocked on the door more than a little nervously as she was unsure if her new found friend would even remember her after those few minutes they’d spent talking let alone answer.

I hope she answers, god but she’s so beautiful and her face, she’s like a pixie she’s so adorable.

A smile crossed the blonde’s face as the image of the redheads face came to mind. So mesmerised was she by this memory that she did not even notice the door being opened by the brother of the object of her affections. As he saw Tara standing there a smirk crossed his face.

Yes, that money is as good as mine.

“Well hello,” Jake said in his smoothest voice waking Tara from her happy daydream of Willow’s face smiling happily at her.

“Ummm, hello J...Jack is it?” Tara asked tentatively hating that her stutter made her seem even more nervous than usual.

“Jake, he replied to her happily. He couldn’t believe it; the really hot blonde who had just moved in across the way had come to see him. “And what can I do for such a beautiful young lady on this glorious day?”

“I was w...wondering if Willow was in. She’s supposed to be showing me around town?”

“Umm no not yet, that is I mean she’s not up yet hat is she’s still in bed. Very deep sleeper. It’s worse during term time. Nothing less than a pan of ice cold water poured on her head can wake her. Of course if yiou wish I could show you around.” And he smiled hopefully.

“Jake who is it? Is Tara here yet?” Willow’s voice floated from the kitchen quickly followed by the girl in question.

Tara raised an eyebrow at this; piercing the young man with a steely glare while her hands went on her hips in what she hoped was an intimidating gesture. Whilst Tara wasn't a violent person by nature she certainly didn't like people trying to play her for a fool, nor did she like people who wanted to take advantage of her either.

“Not up yet? Very deep sleeper? Pan of cold water over the head?” While there was a definite emphasis on the first two questions the last was uttered with what was plainly menace.

uh oh, she looks a lot tougher than I thought. Jake considered nervously as he took in Tara’s now aggressive stance and gulped in fear.

“Oh Willow, there you are. Well I’ll leave you two to er, and I’ll go and umm, yes I’ll go and I’ll...I’ll er.” With that he dashed up the stairs as if a pack of marauding Cordelia’s were after him.

The two girls just gazed after him and started slightly as Jake slammed his bedroom door shut.

“Wow, that was kinda...” began Tara.

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” finished Willow before she even realised that she was finishing Tara’s sentence for her. As each girl became conscious of that they turned to each other a big smile on their faces.

We’re so in sync, it must mean something. Hopefully it means everything. Willow thought happily as she looked at Tara’s youthful face. And she’s so beautiful too.

“So would you like a coffee before we go?” Willow asked cheerfully.

“Sure, a c...coffee sounds good to me” Tara replied in an equally cheerfully voice.

“Ok, the kitchen is just through here,” Taking Tara by the hand she led the way into the kitchen. and her hand, it’s so soft.

Tara looked round the Rosenberg family kitchen as Willow went to pour a second cup for herself and one for Tara. The most noticeable thing about the kitchen was how sparse and empty it was. Everything appeared to have just come out of a showroom and just plugged in, they were that clean and tidy.

Her family’s kitchen was far different with lots of family photos on the fridge. There was a basket in a corner for Chewie to snooze in during the day, though he still slept with either Tara or Faith at night. Even the walls were too clean, too white for that kitchen to have ever been used much. In her old home there were darkened stains on the wall behind the cooker hob from when her father had attempted to cook. Those tended to be the times when they ended up ordering out though Faith and Tara suspected he burnt the food on purpose just to get out of eating meatloaf, which he detested with a vengeance.

“Are you settling in ok?” Willow asked as she handed a Buzz Lightyear mug to Tara, the first sign of color that Tara had seen in the kitchen.

“Yeah r...really well thanks, mom’s going into the t...town herself to look at wallpaper’s, paints and c...carpets so hopefully in a couple of months it’ll be our new home.”

“I can’t wait to see it,” Willow enthused excitedly before realising she was unaware if Tara was single or not.
[
i]But she might have someone already, wait she’s only been in Sunnydale a day, two at the most. It could have been a pen-pal and when they met they grew closer and that’s why her family chose to move here so Tara could be near her girl and all this is hurting my head.[/i] She sighed unhappily at these thoughts all crowding into her head at once

“Willow, a...are you alright?” Tara asked as she noticed the slightly blank look on the redheads face.”

“Uh, what? Oh yeah I’m fine just always got stuff going on up here in the old brainpan,” Willow answered tapping the side of her head with her index finger. “So, you good to go?” she enquired of Tara who nodded her head in the affirmative and passed her Buzz Lightyear mug back to Willow who rinsed the two cups out in the sink before leaving them in the dish rack to dry.

“My lady would you be so kind,” Willow said offering her arm with a smile.

“I would b...be honoured my lady,” Tara answered with a grin as she linked arms and the two girls departed the house.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 am 

DIBS!

AAGGHH! All that chatting we did and I totally forgot to leave feedback on the last chapter. Bad Finey!

Anyway, big yay for the girls getting to spend some Jakeless and Faithless time together. I think Jake really screwed himself by trying to fool Tara, but that also doesn't bode well for their little bet either. I have a sinking feeling that once Tara finds out, Willow will find herself in the proverbial dog house as well.

It looks like they are on the right track and hopefully we'll get some :wtkiss very soon!

Oh, BTW...I do believe that EVERYTHING should be put on hold when the Dolphins are on TV. :grin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh they are cute. Poor Jake/Jack. Tee hee, Tara not even knowing his name. It's just a matter of time with them stealing looks at the other's butt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I am really enjoying this story. It's cute so far. I like the shared sibling interest in Tara. You see that a lot with two sisters and two brothers, but not a lot with a brother and sister. So I'm intrigued to see how that all plays out. I also like how different Tara and Willow's families are and the fact that Faith is Tara's sister is amazing :) I've never seen that before and I like it so far. I've always liked them as best friends and sisters will be interesting to read. I look very forward to the next update :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:20 am 
8. Vixen

FIney_McFine Tut tut, forgetting to leave feedback! No chocolate cookies for you this time I’m afraid :wink Jake has definitely screwed himself by pretending Willow wasn’t available and it won’t be long before the bet is null and void in favour of Willow. Don’t worry about the Miami Dolphins, as you will see in the following chapter they’re a big favourite with one of the characters. Thanks for the feedback. :derr

JustSkipIt I don’t think Jake really stands much of a chance with Tara but you can’t blame him for trying. She’s like, the perfect girlfriend. Tara has already been checking out Willow’s ‘booty’ as it were so I think it only right that Willow return the compliment lol. Thanks for the feedback. :derr

anonwriter Hi anonwriter and a big welcome to the KittenBoard. :bigwave Thank you so much for your kind words, cute was something that I was definitely going for with this story. With Tara being such a hot babe its little wonder that both Willow and Jake are both interested in her, but Tara is only interested in one of them, now I wonder who lol.

To me it always seemed that Willow and Tara came from similarly bleak family backgrounds, Tara more so, so I wanted to give Tara at least a happy one where she is loved by both parents. I’ve always liked Tara and Faith as friends too; I think they have a lot in common both having come from abused childhoods, on the show at least. I believe that if Tara had survived season 6 she and Faith would have probably become good friends in season 7.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the story and rest assured there will be more cuteness to come with an update pretty soon. Thanks for the feedback. :derr

[c] SUNNYDALE DAZE[/c]
Author; Willowtaralover

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 6
Michael Maclay was as happy as a pig in mud. His wife and both his daughters had gone out for the day. Tara with some new friend she had already made while Faith had gone with Elizabeth to help out with the shopping and pick out wallpaper and carpet ideas. That left just himself and Chewie the dog to spend the day together. And today was a big day, his team, the Miami Dolphin’s were in play offs against the L.A. Raiders. He just had to watch.

Now, finally the hour was drawing near. Having checked that the tv was wired up properly he plugged it in and waited for the image to appear. The one he got though was certainly not the one he was expecting.

Instead of pre-game chat from sports commentators he saw Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star chatting away while Squidward was wrapped in bandages.

“What the hell?” he grumbled to himself. “Dammit Faith, I thought I told you to change to the sports channel when you’d finished with your cartoons.” Picking up the remote he programmed in the numbers for the channel that he wanted and was rewarded with Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots talking about the Miami Dolphins vs the L.A. Raiders game which was on next.

A smile of satisfaction on his face, Mike set up his chair with the raised foot rest went out to his van and retrieved a six pack of beer purchased the night before along with a big of cool Doritos and a jar of salsa dip.

Just as he was about to settle down for the game the phone rang. Upon answering it he was annoyed that it was just a double glazing sales-man. Quickly replacing the phone in its cradle he returned to the living room only to find that Chewie had taken his seat.

“Alright Chewie, off there, you know you’re not allowed on the furniture.”

Chewie barely gave Mike a glance; he just continued sitting there, his front paws over the edge of the comfy chair and watching an interview with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. Mike knew there was only one way to deal with this intrusion on his chair and that was by pushing the dog off. He heaved at the base of the chair so that it tilted forward forcing Chewie to jump off. Once the dog was back on the floor Mike jumped back onto the chair before the dog could jump back onto it.
Mike had just settled himself in his chair and was about to reach for a beer when Chewie dived back onto his lap.

“Arrrrghh,” he moaned as the heavy dog settled itself back on top of him. The dog’s chocolate brown eyes gazed up at Mike with a big grin on his doggy face.

“Dammit Chewie, shouldn’t you be out chasing cats or something,” he grumbled as Chewie made himself comfortable on Mike’s lap. “Oh alright if you must,” Mike said reluctantly acceding to the fact that Chewie was not going to get off anytime soon. “But watch those claws. And don’t drool over the pants either, they’re clean on today.”

“Ruff,” Chewie barked happily, glad that his master wanted him on his lap. So there they sat, the master and the family pet watching the game, one intently and giving little yips of excitement when his team scored touchdowns. The other had half an open eye as he snoozed, dreaming of the two youngest, the dark and the blonde haired ones, throwing balls and sticks for him to catch and return to them.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm 
5. Willowhand

I love chewie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
I too, love Chewie. Also loving the dynamic between the siblings. Jake is very much a teenage boy, but not obnoxiously so the way TV would have you believe. And your version of the Maclay family is adorable, and is wonderful to see, especially since Tara and Faith both lacked a loving home in canon. And mmm, Tara in that baseball shirt sounds adorable. One thing, though. Raiders went back to Oakland from LA sometime in the middle of the 90's, methinks.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 am 
8. Vixen

fhiwda I’m glad you like Chewie so much, we’ll be seeing more of him later having some fun with Miss Kitty Fantastico. Thanks for the feedback :derr

faolan28 Glad you like Chewie as a character and as I said to fhiwda there’ll be more from him later. You don’t get many stories where Willow has siblings, the only ones I know of are FIney_McFines ‘Racing The Rain and Survivor-Ash Island by Justskipit and I really wanted to give her a brother to play against. Giving Faith and Tara a loving background was something I really wanted to give them in this story because there are so many that follow canon and give them unloving parents/siblings. Eek, you’re right faolan, they did move back to Oakland. That’s me not doing enough background research into these things sorry. Thanks for the feedback :derr

SUNNYDALE DAZE
Author; Willowtaralover

Thoughts are in italics
Chapter 7
“And if you look to your left you will see the wondrous site of Sunnydale High or as it‘s inhabitants know it, the Mouth of Hell.” said Willow as she indicated her current seat of learning to her new friend.

“Ah, Le Boca del Infierno,” Tara replied with a smug grin as she showed off her language skills.

“You can speak Spanish?” Willow asked with more than a little awe, especially as her own language skills were less than adequate.

“A little, dad was in the army so I grew up on a lot of army bases in a lot of countries. Let’s just say they’re right when they say that travel broadens the mind.” Tara grinned as she answered taking note for the millionth time that day the adorableness of Willow’s pixie like features, the green eyes that reminded her of forests that she had explored with her family when on vacation in Venezuela. The smattering of freckles that decorated her face and only enhanced the redhead’s appearance, all of this just endeared herself on Tara and she knew she really wanted to get to know her a whole lot better.

Willow was likewise entranced by Tara.

She looks like a princess from a fairytale, she thought as she took in the blonde’s beauteous face. The eyes of the deepest blue that she had ever seen, made her think of a vacation she and Jake had once had with their grandparents in Cancun and the ocean there where waves rushed up the pure white sandy beaches chasing them both as they giggled hysterically.

“So is it really that bad?”

“Well let’s put it this way. Its nickname is the Hell Mouth,” Willow replied with a wry smile.

“I...it is that bad?”Tara asked her eyes wide and her brows practically touching her hairline.

“It’s a bit of an exaggeration but it can be pretty bad at times but I’ve got some good friends. There’s Jake.
Who you’ve met...”

“Oh yeah, I’ve definitely met Jake,” Tara replied with a knowing smile. Willow grinned in return liking her new friend more and more. “Then there’s Buffy, she’s my best friend ooh, you’ll really like her, there’s Dawn her sister who’s a year below us, she hangs with Jake and they do this comic strip together. Finally there’s Xander who’s the clown of the group and that’s our little gang. We call ourselves ‘the Freaks and Geeks because it’s how everyone else refers to us. We kinda figured if we did that, adopt their derogatory nickname, then their name for us would become invalid as an insult.”

Tara listened with interest as Willow spoke about her friends with such love and it soon became clear to the blonde that Willow was incredibly devoted to them just from the way she spoke.
Suddenly the redhead’s face brightened up as something occurred to her and she turned to Tara, a wide smile on her face.

“I was wondering, if you’d like to come over to my place tonight. Jake and me are having a pizza party while our parents are away and our friends will be there and I’d like to think that we’re friends.”

Willow was smiling her most endearing smile, her green eyes sparkling. Tara found her just so endearing and knowing she was already so attracted to the redhead it was impossible for her to refuse.

“Sure, I’d love to come,” Tara replied with a big grin. “Could my sister, Faith, come as well please?”

“Course she can, the more the merrier,” Willow answered as she proffered her arm for Tara to link with before they continued their exploration of Sunnydale.
“So, you up for some caffeine-y goodness?” The redhead’s eye’s were bright with inquisitiveness as she wanted to learn as much about Tara as possible.

“I w...wouldn’t say no to some c...coffee,” the blonde replied brightly, “and maybe a muffin too,” she added with a grin as her tummy rumbled loudly.

“One coffee and muffin coming up m’lady,” replied Willow as she led Tara into the Espresso Pump. The wide smile she had had since she first met Tara was now a permanently feature of her face, and, though Tara said nothing, the blonde found it as adorable as the rest of the smaller redhead. She hoped that it wouldn’t be too long before she got to know Willow very well indeed.

After locating a quiet booth Willow bade Tara to wait while she went to buy the coffees and muffins. She returned within a couple of minutes and they were soon enjoying the two mocha’s and chocolate muffins.

“What do I owe?” Tara asked in-between bites of muffin and slurps of mocha-y goodness.

“Oh don’t be silly,” Willow answered, “ you don’t owe me anything.”

“Are you s...sure, I don’t mind paying my share you know.”

“Honestly, the pleasure of your company is payment enough,” as she spoke Willow placed her hand on top of Tara’s and felt a tingle go through her as she did so that made them both take a brief intake of breath.

Wow, I wonder if she felt that, they both thought simultaneously and they gazed into each others eyes seeing much deeper, darker depths than before.

Tara flushed deeply, as she suddenly imagined what Willow would look like naked and quickly withdrew her hand and averted her gaze a moment missing the hurt look that flashed in Willow’s emerald green eyes.

“Oh, I...I wondered if you knew if there were any riding stables in the area.”

Willow’s eyes went wide and Tara was unsure if it was possible for a person to go any paler than they already were. From looking at Willow though it apparently was.

“Uuh, I don’t really know, um Tara why would you want to know something like that?”

“You remember I said that I was raised an army brat?” Willow nodded to say yes she did.

“Well I learned to ride at one in Germany and grew to love it so wherever we went I tried to find a place in the area that had a riding school just to keep up my lessons, though it was easier if there was one on the army base itself and are you ok Willow, you’re very pale?”

“N...no I’m fine it’s just horses that I have a problem with. They umm, they scare me. A lot.”

Tara quirked an eyebrow, “That’s an... interesting phobia. They scare you, how?”

“When we were four our parents hired a pony for mine and Jake’s birthday. Anyway we were bobbing for apples and suddenly there was this big splashing around and the pony suddenly dunks its head into the tub right by me, knocks me into the tub itself. If Buffy hadn’t pulled me out and away from there I think I would have drowned.”

Tara’s eyes widened at this for it was rare that she had heard about or witnessed a horse, especially a tame one harming people.

“Wow, no wonder you’re scared after something like that happening to you. I think I would be afraid of horses if I had been attacked that way. Once I’m settled in you should come with me, I promise safety and fun.”

Willow ummed and ahhhed about this but promised she would certainly consider it.

After they left the coffee shop the two girls continued their journey round the small town with Willow pointing out such highlights as the Bronze, the shopping mall, the area where local organic farmers had a monthly market, though to call a few beekeepers and some orange orchard owners farmers was a bit of a stretch.

Finally Willow and Tara were back home on Noxon Street and were gazing at each other in rapt attention. Tara, reluctantly, broke the link but still made no move to go in the house.

“So I’ll see you later at the party then?” Willow asked with hope n her voice.

“Definitely,” smiled Tara, “I’ll be there with Faith. What time do you want us to come across?”

“Umm, about seven thirty will be good.” Willow smiled back at her new friend.

“Tara, can you come in please, I need your help,” came a woman’s voice from the direction of the blonde’s new home.

“That’s my m...mom, I’d better go in and see what she needs me for.”

“Yeah, I guess you’d better.” Willow’s voice was as dreamy as the look in her eyes and there was no avoiding the sigh that escaped her.

“I...I’ll go then and see you later,” and it was with great regret that Tara had to leave Willow but she walked down the path to her house facing the redhead for as long as she could, Willow waving at her until Tara had to turn to enter her house.

Willow felt as if she could do a back-flip right there on the street as she turned to cross the road to her own home but was happy to allow her heart do the happy dance of love instead.

TO BE CONTINUED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:01 am 
5. Willowhand

I like how you are pelt developing the connection between the two. Sometimes we just get so wrapped up in w/t that we forget about the reality of things taking a little longer to develop. Their attraction to each other is obvious but the deep connection is taking a bit longer which is what I enjoy.... Thank you for the great update. I'm looking forward to the pizza party!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 am 
8. Vixen

Hey there Kittens Sorry I've been away for a while but I was in hospital with meningitis and pneumonia, when I get sick I really get sick :p Fortunately I'm much better now and hopefully it shouldn't be too long before I'm back up to speed with SunnyDale Daze and caught up with the other fics I'm reading so I can provide feedback for them. Just keep watching this space for new chapters.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 am 

WHAT??? Sooooo glad to hear you're doing better!!!! Take your time and recover. I had pneumonia back in March and it kicked my ass. Also takes awhile to recover, so take it easy:)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:49 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I second that, don't pressure yourself to write new chapters before you are fully up to it. Your healing is much more important, my best wishes for you!