The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (12-1-13)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:17 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey Shelby! I was so happy to see this update! :banana

I totally understand Tara daydreaming about all things adorable that are Willow. It was nice that she and Buffy had that talk, and it's great that Buffy understands. Maybe it'll help her not feel as guilty about keeping her secret from her. They still have the big question about what they are going to do in order to have a normal relationship. The answer is obvious, though not going to be an easy one especially for girls their age. I'm hoping things go smoothly with all that, but somehow I have my doubts.

Willow and Tara wanting to talk before bedtime is sweet and I totally get it, but Willow sneaking over was great! Falling asleep in each others arms is one of the best feelings ever. *sigh*

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy, busy schedule to give us this update. Between this and Neverland, I am one happy Kitten today. :grin Can't wait to see what happens next, whenever that may be. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:18 am 
3. Flaming O

I was so happy to find out about an update to one of my favorite fics.

Climbing down a tree in pajamas... Funny what love can make us do! :)

-s

Young and Gorgeous -
now I'm just
'and'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thank you for the update, I truly enjoy this story :kgeek :clap
Great interaction between Buffy & Tara.
I like that Tara is really maturing during what I think are difficult years.
Hope to read about Chelsea in the next chapter :read :)
-Liz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:32 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
YAY New 'Baby Makes Three' :)

It's nice seeing Buffy being so accepting of Tara's situation when she could so easily have viewed things in a more negative fashion.

Buffy's comments are certainly interesting, it's as if she already wanted to be friends with Willow and Tara after they had become friends and leave Cordelia and Harmony behind but was too afraid of what others may think of her.

Tara shook her head and locked eyes with her friend. “No Buffy, I love her and I won’t let Cordelia or anyone else hurt her, ever again.”

I wonder what Tara will do to Cordelia if she ever crosses them again, sabotage her during cheerleading practice-or possibly during a basketball match.

Sneaky Willow, climbing out of her bedroom and then walking to Tara's house. I wonder what Sheila and Elizabeth are going to say when they find out.

A really good chapter there Shelby, whilst I'm a lifelong Willow/Tara fan I always like it when we see Tara interact with others so enjoyed the chat between Tara and Buffy at the start. It shows how close the girls have become once more, though I don't think they ever stopped being friends despite Cordelia and Harmony kicking Buffy out of their mutual backslapping group.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
branny72-
Thanks. ;-) I think once they’re out…they’re gonna need as many people on their side as possible.

Thanks for the feedback!

Missocki-
Work distractions of the W/T variety are always good!

Thanks for the feedback!

Azirahael-
LOL…I threw in there just for you. * winks * Plus, it was one hundred percent a Buffy thing to say.

Thanks for the feedback!

zampsa19752001-
Even in a non-canon fic, Willow is still sneaking around at night. :grin

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729-
Hi Pam!! :bigwave

Buffy having her ass handed to her was a big wake up call. I think she finally matured enough to be a decent friend and less of a Cordette lap dog. It’s gonna be tough on ALL of them when the truth comes out. Not just the girls, but probably anyone associated with them. High school…

The girls are growing closer everyday and time spent apart is getting more and more difficult. Especially when you have so very little time together in the first place.

I hope you enjoy the next update…lot’s going on!

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Phantsayland-
Hopefully I make you just as happy with this update!!

Thanks for the feedback!

bluepaintbox-
Glad you liked!! A little more Chelsea in this chapter, but mostly the girls and a little Cordelia as well…

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover-
Buffy did wig out a little, but quickly got a grip on things. I think Buffy is starting to grow up and realized that popularity is not all it’s cracked up to be. In other words, she’s figuring out who her real friends are.

Funny you should ask about Cordelia…read on!

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (02-03-14)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm 

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: No beta, so all mistakes are mine; PM if you catch something. Enjoy!

Chapter 34

A few weeks had passed since the night of the ‘braless fluke,’ as they’d dubbed it, forcing the girls to take a serious look at where their relationship was headed. Especially after one particularly amorous afternoon together and almost getting caught by Tara’s Mom.

Jen had come home in the middle of the day to retrieve some forgotten files, which happen to coincide with Chelsea’s naptime. Had Jen not announced herself when she came through the front door, she would have found more than her files on the kitchen counter.

After that, they decided to restrict their touching to safe zones, until the right time presented itself. They both agreed that when it did happen, it shouldn’t be in the backseat of Tara’s car during school lunch or a kitchen counter. As it turned out, however, keeping their hands to themselves wasn’t as hard as they’d imagined it would be. Thanks to a very precocious and energetic infant.

Chelsea was running them ragged, especially Willow. Most days, it was all she could do to keep her entertained and out of trouble until Tara got home. Chelsea was crawling at lightening speed and dead set on exploring every inch on the house. She frequently cast her toys aside for more interesting fare, such as the contents of a kitchen cabinet or more specifically, Willow’s backpack.

One late afternoon, Tara arrived home to find her daughter naked in the kitchen sink and Willow looking like a drowned rat while frantically trying to scrub the baby clean of numerous markings on her body…from a familiar set of different colored pens.

The start of the Thanksgiving holiday was a week away and both girls were looking forward to the break. Willow was still working part time at the Doublemeat and Tara was still cheering. When the girls did get down time, it seemed like all they did was study or sleep. Their schedules were packed and the lack of together time was starting to take its toll and causing a mild tension between the two. Even Buffy noticed, offering to babysit so they could have a night out. As nice as that sounded, Willow was reluctant and voiced her concerns to a weary Tara. Tara knew it was her decision to make, but she also knew Willow; the girl would be a nervous wreck if she agreed.

Willow’s protectiveness of Chelsea was endearing, but Tara needed a night out and some one-on-one time with her girlfriend. Finally, in the end, they reached a compromise. Buffy and her sister Dawn, would babysit at their house while their Mom was home, in case anything was to happen. Willow’s mind was finally at ease and Tara was excited about their impending date night. She’d even agreed to let Willow plan the entire night out. The truth was, she didn’t really care what they did, as long as they did it together.

Smiling happily and thinking about their upcoming date, Tara plopped down on the floor of the Sunnydale High School gymnasium and began to rummage through her gym bag. They had a short break before the cheer squad was to perform for the crowd during halftime at the boy’s varsity basketball game and she wanted to check in with Willow.

Having found her cell, she began sifting through her text messages and giggled at some of the goofy pictures Willow had sent of Chelsea, in a cabinet using a plastic colander for a hat. She was busy texting back when Buffy dropped unceremoniously to the floor next to her and expelled a disgruntled sigh.

“What’s up Buff?” Tara asked as she took a swig from her water bottle.

“Ford’s ignoring me,” The petite blonde pouted and crossed her arms defensively across her chest.

“He’s the captain of the Basketball team, he can’t stop in the middle of the game to wave at you.”

“Well, then he needs to learn how to multi task.”

Tara laughed and shook her head, changing the subject. “So, are we still on for tomorrow night?”

“What’s going on tomorrow night?” Harmony asked, taking a seat next to Buffy. “You two going on a date or something?”

Tara stiffened instantly at Harmony’s snide comment and then cringed when she saw that Cordelia was joining them as well.

“Who’s going on a date?” The brunette asked.

“Apparently Buffy and Tara…together.” Harmony giggled.

“Oooh, where are you going? To the Isle of Lesbos?” Cordelia teased.

Tara’s cheeks turned bright red. “Were not-”

“Actually, I’m babysitting tomorrow night so Tara can go out on a…um, so Tara can get some stuff done…I mean.” Now it was Buffy’s turn to cringe at her obvious slip; immediately shooting Tara an apologetic glance.

“Well, well, someone’s got a hot date they’re not telling us about. In fact, you’ve been very secretive lately.” Cordelia said as she turned towards Tara.

“I haven’t been secretive, just busy with school and Chelsea-”

“Oh right,” Cordelia interrupted sarcastically. “When is your mother going to stop treating you like hired help and actually hire some help?”

“Cordy, You don’t understand, it’s c-complicated.” Tara replied.

“Oh I understand perfectly, besides, I thought your little dork friend was watching her now?”

Logically, Tara knew that last comment was said for purely reactionary purposes and she tried her best to ignore it, but her mouth and her brain apparently were not in sync. “What the hell is your problem Cordelia?” Tara blurted out as she slammed her water bottle on the gymnasium floor.

Cordelia was caught off guard and shocked by the apparent challenge. “Excuse me?!”

Tara sat up straighter, keeping eye contact with the girl. “You heard me.” Crodelia didn’t reply, so Tara continued. “I’m serious. What did she ever do to you? I bet you’ve never even said her name before, have you?”

Buffy and Harmony sat in silence as the tension mounted, their eyes darting back and forth, from one girl to the other as if they were spectators at Wimbledon.

Never one to back down from a challenge, Cordy’s eyes narrowed, “You’d better watch yourself Tara Maclay, you’re treading on thin ice.”

Tara looked down at the floor smugly and then back up at her rival; knowing she’d pushed all the right buttons. “Looks to me like I’m on solid ground.”

By this time, they’d garnered the attention of the entire squad and Cordelia’s face was beet red with anger. She was clearly shocked by Tara’s behavior. “You want to know what the dork did…she exists. That’s the only reason I’ll ever need and now, you just made it even harder for her.” Cordy stood, in an attempt to intimidate the blonde.

Tara was livid and also jumped up; facing Cordelia head on. “I’m warning you Cordelia-”

“Stop it!” Buffy hissed, stepping between the two girls before they came to blows. “Do you really want to do this in front of the entire school?”

Tara glanced at Buffy for a brief second, before finishing what she had to say. “Her name is Willow, not nerd or loser or dork…it’s WILLOW. You remember that, because if anything happens to her-”

Buffy interrupted once again. “That’s enough, you two need to get it together. We’re on in like, two minutes!”

Both Tara and Cordelia took a step back, which was enough for Buffy who moved to collect her pom-poms, leaving a space between the verbally sparring cheerleaders. Tara, however, couldn’t let it go and took two steps forward; leaning in close to her adversary. “I’m serious Cordelia, leave her alone or you will regret it.” Tara hissed. Nobody messes with my girl.

Just as Cordelia started to respond, the squad was announced over the PA. Cordelia stared menacingly at Tara, then roughly push past her; knocking into the blonde’s shoulder as she marched on to the center of the court.

“Do you really think it was a good idea to threaten Cordy in front of the entire squad?” Buffy whispered heatedly to Tara.

“I’m sick and tired of her bullshit Buffy and it’s about time someone stood up to her.”

Buffy sighed, “I know but-”

“No! I. Am. Done.” Tara said through gritted teeth, glaring at Buffy with icy blue eyes. Apparently, the issue was not up for discussion.

Tara put her phone and water bottle away before grabbing her pom-poms and joining the rest of the squad on the court. They performed their routine flawlessly, but the undercurrent of tension was thick and uncomfortable for everyone. Tara and Cordelia kept their distance for the rest of the night and as soon as the game ended, they both quickly disappeared.

Willow was pacing the living room, nervously wringing her hands and gesturing wildly when she spoke. “This is not good Tara…not good at all.”

“What was I supposed to do, just ignore what she said and let it go?” Tara replied, slightly annoyed.

“Yes! Taunting her just adds fuel the fire. What the hell were you thinking?!” Willow practically yelled; throwing her arms in the air for effect.

When Willow’s hands came down and slapped her thighs loudly, Tara jumped. She was stunned by Willow’s reaction. Tara assumed Willow would be on her side and happy she’d finally stood up the girl. Instead, she’d made her angry and worst of all…disappointed. She ducked her head and allowed the hair to fall in front of her face.

As soon as the words were out, Willow wanted to take them back. She cringed when she realized how harshly she’d spoken and her face blanched at Tara’s reaction.

Willow immediately dropped to her knees in front of her girlfriend. “Oh God…I’m so sorry baby, I-I didn’t mean to yell at you.” She whispered; raising a hand and gently pushing some hair out of Tara’s face.

Tara looked up with tired and teary eyes, “I’m s-sorry too, I’m just s-so s-sick of her crap.” Tara reached out and cupped Willow’s cheek. “It hurts me w-when she’s mean to you, especially when you’re n-not there to defend you’re self.”

Willow leaned into the touch, the stuttering a sure sign that Tara was upset enough. “Thank you…” She whispered, slightly turning her head to kiss Tara’s palm…“For standing up for me.”

Tara shyly met Willow’s eyes. “It’s kind of my job. After all, you are my girlfriend and I love you…very much.”

Willow’s heart raced, she never tired of hearing those words. “I love you too…” She closed the gap and pressed her lips to Tara’s. The intensity of their connection was so strong that every touch, every caress and every kiss set Willow’s body on fire. Not to mention the fact they’d had very little time together lately.

As soon as Willow leaned forward and their lips made contact, Tara instinctively spread her legs to accommodate the smaller girl kneeling before her and she pulled their bodies together tightly. The deepening kiss became even more heated with the increased friction between them. They’d somehow managed to go from a deep emotional moment to hot and bothered in less than two minutes.

As tongues dueled and bodies pressed close, it was clear that both girls were struggling to keep their promise of taking things slow.

Finally, after quite some time, Tara placed her hands on Willow’s shoulders and pushed her back several inches; breaking the kiss with an audible pop.

A surprised Willow opened her eyes; her mind was fuzzy and confused. “Wha…”

“Safe zones…” Tara breathed, red faced and panting.

“I…we stayed in the zones! My hands were on your back and yours were in my hair. What’s unsafe about that?” Willow questioned, trying to lean in and steal a few more kisses, only to be met with resistance from the two hands still firmly placed on her shoulders. “Hey…” She whined.

Tara swallowed hard before speaking, desperately trying to get her arousal under control. “Not hands, um…up here,” She said, pointing towards her chest. “And um…down there.”

“Really?” Willow proudly looked down at her stomach and Tara’s center with a coy smile; very much liking the effect she was having on her girlfriend.

“Willow!” Tara exclaimed as she leapt out of the chair. Now it was she who was pacing the floor.

“What’d I do now?”

“Y-You…stop smiling like that!”

Willow pulled herself up and flopped into to the chair that Tara had just vacated. “Now I can’t even smile? I don’t think I like these new rules very much.” She crossed her arms across her chest and fell back in the chair.

Oh God, she’s just so damn cute. With that pout and those lips… Tara closed her eyes tightly and shook her head in an attempt to rid mind of naughty thoughts.

“I’m sorry Will, it’s just…hard. You’re uh, kind of irresistible.” She said, quirking her mouth in a lopsided smile.

Willow returned the smile, pushing up off the chair and taking Tara’s hands in hers. She looked up and silently spoke to Tara with wide puppy dog eyes. The blonde giggled; pulling Willow closer and wrapping her arms around her neck.

“Are you staying over tonight?” Tara whispered in Willow’s ear as she snuggled closer.

Willow sighed as they slowly swayed back and forth, still wrapped up in a tight embrace “I can’t, I have to work early tomorrow.”

Probably for the best, otherwise… Tara nodded; pulling back and leaning their foreheads together. “I’ll miss you, but no sneaking out. You need your rest, plus I don’t want you getting caught.”

Willow giggled, “I’m way too stealthy to get caught. Besides, you’re worth it.” Still grinning, Willow leaned in and kissed Tara gently on the lips. “I need to get going, but I’ll call before I go to sleep, okay?”

“Okay Love, see you tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow….”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Can't wait for their date... I guess pretty soon the fact that Tara is dating Willow and is Chelsea's mom would be out... I really hope that when it happens people take Willow & Tara's side against Cordy & the Lap Mutts...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 pm 
9. Gay Now

Woo and hoo!

You know, i bet spending time with Willow is way more fun than cheerleading practice.

"Hmm, i could hang out with Cordelia in all her bitchiness, or i could spend time with my girls. Hmm, what to do?"

But yes, i like everyone else am hanging out for the fireworks, because after all that buildup, the top of someone's head is going to come off.

well done, as always. :bounce

Looking forward to the next bit!

R :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:28 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
I loved Tara standing up for Willow. I'm hoping that the backlash backfires in Cordy's face. Poor Willow having to deal the the Safe Zones. They definitely need a nice romantic date!! :wtkiss

:sigh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

YAY!!!

I'm more than ready to see Cordelia taken to task by Tara. I think part of her anger is based in the fact that she feels such genuine remorse about her own actions as a result of trying to fit in with the bubble-head crew. Treating Willow badly for the sake of fitting in has to be hurting her. But, deny her child has to sting even worse.

With that being said, it's all perfectly understandable behavior from a 17 or 18 year old. But, I will still be overjoyed when she rights these wrongs.

Maybe you can write an epilogue were Cordy ends up penniless, friendless with about 6 cats that leave hair all over the furniture and her ball gowns?

Great to have this story back, My Friend!

Ps. Worst. Super Bowl. EVER!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am 

GRIMM...Worst Super Bowl ever???

NOT IF YOU'RE A SEAHAWKS FAN!!!!!!! >>> 12th MAN <<<

:applause :banana :eatme :dumbo :bounce :clap :clap :clap :-D :-D :bow :bow :bounce :bounce :dumbo :dumbo :clap :clap :dance :dance :pinky :pinky :pinky :luv :luv :luv :party :party

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Finey_McFine wrote:
GRIMM...Worst Super Bowl ever???

NOT IF YOU'RE A SEAHAWKS FAN!!!!!!! >>> 12th MAN <<<

:applause :banana :eatme :dumbo :bounce :clap :clap :clap :-D :-D :bow :bow :bounce :bounce :dumbo :dumbo :clap :clap :dance :dance :pinky :pinky :pinky :luv :luv :luv :party :party

Why do you love to hurt me :cry ?

Let me explain it to you like the hater that I am:

Being born and raised in Los Angeles, I am a UCLA fan. That automatically makes me anti-anything USC Trojans.

Pete Carroll is the symbol of winning for USC over the last decade. So naturally, I hate Pete ,and by extension, I hate the Seahawks :rage ....lol

PS. I hope the Texans draft Johnny Football and he leads the league in arrests, unplanned pregnancies and interceptions!!!!

* Goes to sit under bridge with the rest of the trolls *...lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm 

Out of that whole amazing rant, this is what I heard...blah, blah, blah, UCLA, blah, blah, blah, Seahawks, blah, blah, blah, Texans, blah, blah, blah... :p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

:applause :banana :applause :banana
Thank you for the update :kgeek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 pm 
8. Vixen

New Baby Makes 3 YAY :)

The morning after the night before and the girls almost got caught by Tara's mom, uh oh lol. I think it would have been more fun to read the incident as it happened though. It's always far funnier seeing the girls get into those scrapes...or maybe I'm just a sadist :p

One late afternoon, Tara arrived home to find her daughter naked in the kitchen sink and Willow looking like a drowned rat while frantically trying to scrub the baby clean of numerous markings on her body…from a familiar set of different colored pens.

Lol watching people babysit is funny :) Even more so when it's not your own.

Apparently neither Cordelia or Harmony know anything about minding their own business.

Tara was livid and also jumped up; facing Cordelia head on. “I’m warning you Cordelia-”

Kick her ass Tara, break her nose for her

BOO to Willow being upset with Tara, though I can understand why she feels that way. But a big YAY to Willow making up to her again

“Y-You…stop smiling like that!” Willow, the female Casanova :wink

Willow giggled, “I’m way too stealthy to get caught. Besides, you’re worth it.”

Yeah, that statement isn't going to come back to bite Willow in the butt is it now lol.

A great chapter there Shelby with cuteness from the girls, I'd liked to have seen more of the scene with Willow trying to wash Chelsea. Tara getting all large with the butch and taking the fight to the enemy, let's hope that the repercussions aren't to serious, cos lets face it something is going to happen. And the girls trying (and failing) to avoid geting all hot and heavy together at the end all add up to major league awesomeness. Can't wait to see what happens next though perhaps Tara should be subtle in whatever she does. Maybe setting Cordelia and Harmony at war with each other could divert their attention from our favourite duo so they can get on with their smooches.

Take care Shel and I'll read you again soon :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:52 pm 
5. Willowhand

I just got a chance to read this update and I feel a woo and a whoo are in order here. And of course some of these fellows... :banana :eatme :bounce :bow :clap :kiss1

Of course, I'm happy to see some :wtkiss , but they said "I love you", aaaaaawwwww yeah.

But more to the point, I'm so glad to see that Tara is finally standing up to Cordelia, that was sorely needed.

Also yay for updatey goodness, this was just want I needed after being sick and moving, thanks hun!

Missocki

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Egads, Shelby! I can't believe I didn't know about this update. Please forgive my late-itude.

Okay, let me cool my jets a little from the "safe zone" not necessarily meaning hands alone and the effects of friction. Although I TOTALLY loved Tara telling her off, I'm really worried about how Cordelia might retaliate against her/them. We all know she hates anyone standing up to her, especially like that in front of others. You just never know what someone with a mind like that might end up doing. So yes, I'm worried for the girls, but I also love Tara being tired of her shit, especially when it comes to Willow. I have no doubt that the outcome is going to be very interesting. And a big yay for Buffy trying to cool them off too.

Now, I thoroughly enjoyed them not being able to keep their hands off each other and almost getting caught doing things on the kitchen counter (My mind went to a happy place) , but even I could feel their tension from lack of together-time. It's very, very important. I hope their date night works out well, and I agree with Tara about not caring what they do as long as they're together. Total sweetness.

Thanks so much for the update! Can't wait to see how this is all going to unfold.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Shel,
Thanks for the awesome update. What's funny is the night before you posted this I was thinking of bugging you about an update for RitR. But now I don't feel like I can do that. Right?

Poor Willow and Tara. They need to see each other more and get some parental support and approval and I'm afraid of what Cordelia will do. Yuck. Scary.

But it's way cute that Willow is so proud of herself for how turned on Tara is. Quite cute.

Well done. More soon. Go Seahawks! All that...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:19 am 

zampsa19752001-
Thanks. ;-) I’m sure eventually the cat will be let out of the bag and hopefully they’ll have allies.

Thanks for the feedback!

Azirahael -
Spending time with Willow is always more fun than cheerleaders…she’s way more adorable:)

Girls will always hang around for the bitchy spats and then gossip about them later, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

branny72-
The more their relationship progresses, the more protective Tara becomes of Willow. It’s a natural progression. ‘Safe Zones’ suck and hopefully go away soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm-
Yes, Tara is definitely feeling the guilt and I think it will stay around for some time. Eventually she’s going to have to come clean and the longer she waits, the possibly of extremely negative repercussions increases.

I made some really stupid decisions at that age as well. I don’t think our brains clear up until we’re around 23ish, lol.

Cordy: The Homeless Cat Lady :p

Thanks for the feedback!

bluepaintbox -
You are welcome!

willowtaralover-
Girls will be girls, but hopefully not when Tara’s Mom is around anymore, lol.

Yeah, babysitting escapes are always a hoot:)

Lot’s of stuff coming up that I think you’ll enjoy, so don’t worry about the small things we don’t get to see.

Thanks for the feedback!

Missocki-
I’m glad to see you’re still following along!!

Take charge protective Tara is always my favorite and yes, Cordelia totally deserved it.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729-
I can’t believe you missed the update either! It’s not like you’re busy or anything… :p

I don’t think they can afford to turn their back on Cordelia either. She always seems to have something up her sleeve. She deserved what she got, but I’m sure there will be consequences.

They most definitely need some together time without interference…parental or otherwise. It’s always so tough as a teenager to get alone time. You end up going places you probably shouldn’t be, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt-
Hey Deb,

I feel bad for them as well…always tough at that age to get quality time together. I think as things progress they’ll realize they need to come out, with their relationship as well as Chelsea.

Willow is definitely getting bolder and hopefully the ‘safe zones’ don’t last very long.

Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (06-02-14)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 am 

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: No beta, so all mistakes are mine; PM if you catch something. Enjoy!

Chapter 35

“Tare, turn the channel to HBO.”

“Okay, what are we watching?

“You’ll see.”

“Umm, Valley Girl?”

“Yeah, it’s one of my all time favorite eighties movies.” Willow announced enthusiastically.

“Huh, I didn’t know that. I always pegged you as sort of ah, Sixteen Candles gal,” Tara snickered.

“Also a favorite, but I always thought this was such a sweet love story. Plus, they um…they kind of remind me of us.”

“Oh really, and how’s that?”

“Well, she’s popular and he’s this sorta punkish outsider from the wrong side of town.”

“Which character am I?”

“The popular girl, of course,” Willow rolled her eyes.

“So, that would make you Nicholas Cage?”

“Yep, you’re Julie and I’m Randy!”

“Will, sweetie…you do realize you only live a couple blocks from me, right?”

“And?”

“And that’s hardly the ‘wrong side of town.’ In fact, you’re house is newer than mine.”

“Okay, I’ll give you that much, but you have to see the similarities.”

“Hmm, so are you saying I’m a dingy blonde who lets her friends talk her into breaking up with the love of her life?”

“What? No! Well, you’d better not be!”

“Like, oh my God…maybe I am! Like, gag me with a spoon. I’m like a total Valley Girl and you’re like, so bitchin.”

Willow loved Tara’s sense of humor and burst out laughing at the Valley Girl impression. “Wow Tara, that was like…totally tubular.”

Tara giggled at her girlfriend’s silliness. “Sweetie, I thought you left early so you could get some sleep?”

“Clearly not one of my best decisions.” Willow grumbled.

“Just think…you could be where my phone is right now…” Tara teased.

“Hey! Meanie…” Willow giggled. “I’m not sleeping because I had to finalized plans for our date tomorrow night.”

“You’re not sleeping because you’re talking to me on the phone. So, when are you gonna tell me where we’re going and why we need to leave so early?”

“You’re not very good with surprises, are you?”

“Awww, come on Will, just one hint…pleeease? I promise you lots of kisses…”

“Hmm, I’m pretty sure I’ll get those anyway, but just in case I’ll give you one hint. I really want it to be a surprise though, so no guessing, okay?”

“Okay, I promise.” Tara replied reluctantly.

“Hmm, lets see…okay…it’s outside, open late and TONS of fun!” Willow grinned; she knew it was vague and that Tara would never figure it out.

Tara had to admit, the redhead was good and she wracked her brain trying to think of things in Sunnydale that matched the fairly benign description. Finally, feeling defeated, Tara conceded. “You’re such a relentless tease.”

“Me? How about you Miss ‘you could be where my phone is right now’ tease-y McTeaserson!”

Tara laughed at Willow’s feigned indignation, she was thoroughly enjoying the playful and flirty banter. “Well, it’s true. We could be all snuggled up and warm and watching this movie together.”

“Ummm, that’s so unfair. Now I’m having all sorts of thoughts and besides, you know very well we most definitely would not be watching the movie.”

A sly smirk spread across Tara’s face as she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger. “What sort of thoughts?”

Willow began to blush furiously and looked around the room, as if someone was going to hear her. “Thoughts of the um…of the-naughty-variety,” She mumbled into the receiver.

“Ummmm,” Tara moaned appreciatively, closing her eyes and sinking down further in her bed.

Willow was completely entranced with Tara’s reaction and decided to continue with the spicy talk. “Do you wanna hear more?”

“Uh huh.”

Willow didn’t plan to say what she said next; the words just came tumbling out. “I was thinking about nibbling on those adorable little ears and then making my way down your neck with my tongue and tasting those delicious looking…”

Tara gasped as the heat rose in her face; she was caught completely by surprise with Willow’s reply. It was the last thing she expected from the normally shy girl. Not only did she go with it, but also taken it to the next level. A very sexy and totally arousing level.

Tara squirmed and clamped her thighs together; she was quickly becoming incredibly wet. She closed her eyes for a brief moment and imagined exactly what the redhead could do with that cute little tongue. “Mmhh Willow…” Tara whispered sensually.

In a matter of seconds, Tara’s voice had clearly shifted; going from flirty and playful, to thick and throaty. “God Tara, I so wish I was there…right now.” Willow breathed, her heart hammering away in her chest.

“I know...but-”

“Maybe I should sneak out again…” Willow blurted out.

“As much as I’d love for you to appear at my door again, I don’t want you getting caught o-or injured, plus you need to sleep and I doubt you’d get any here...”

Willow was dumbfounded. What? Is she saying what I think she’s saying? The redhead was a little confused and needed clarification. Although, if she was perfectly honest, she knew exactly what Tara meant. “Sooo, if I was there, are you saying you’d be keeping me up all night?”

“Y-Yes…” Tara whispered nervously.

“Really?”

“I’m sorry,” Tara said, suddenly coming down with a severe case of nerves. “I s-shouldn’t be saying these things-”

Sensing Tara’s embarrassment, Willow interrupted. “No, it’s okay…really. I’m…I um, I’m right there with you. On the thoughts, I mean obviously I’m not right there – there, but in my mind I’m there and-”

“Sweetie!” Tara exclaimed, successfully snapping her girlfriend out of a case of nervous babble and rendering her momentarily speechless.

“Yes?” Willow asked, breaking the silence.

“I was wondering…do um, do you w-w-wanna stay over…tomorrow night?” Tara couldn’t believe where things had gone in the last ten minutes, what started as innocent ‘pillow talk,’ had taken a very unexpected turn.

Willow couldn’t stop the grin that spread across her face. “Oh yes, most definitely…so um, I guess I’d better get going. I’ll see you at four?”

“On the dot…Nite Will.”

“Nite Tare.”

Willow bounced happily about, whistling as she mopped the storage room at the Doublemeat. It was a typically busy Saturday and most of the employees were sullen or just putting on a pleasant face in hopes of making it through their shift so they could salvage what was left of their Saturday.

The redhead had been working the drive thru window most of the day until business slowed enough for her to pass the headset over to someone else. She was scheduled for a break, but decided to help with some clean up instead, much to the assistant manager’s chagrin.

“Hey Red…what do you think you’re doin?” Marcie called out to her energetic employee.

Willow looked up grinning. “I’m mopping!” She replied in a sing-song voice, dancing about with the mop handle.

Marcie rolled her eyes, but couldn’t help the small smile that escaped. “Are you seriously whistling, ‘Whistle While You Work’?”

Willow dipped the mop in the bucket and rang it out before slapping it back on the floor. “Yep!”

“Alright Dopey, put the mop away and take your scheduled break.”

“Whatever you say, Grumpy!”

Marcie sighed, “Come on, I’ll go with you. I could use a little fresh air as well.” The assistant manager shooed Willow out the backdoor before grabbing a couple sodas and joining her at the break table.

“Thanks for the soda!” Willow grinned.

“Geez Willow, what’s got you so peppy today?”

Willow looked away biting her bottom lip and blushing furiously. “Can’t a girl just be happy?” She asked, taking a long sip of soda.

Marcie glanced sideways at Willow and decided to have a little fun. “Well, at least you’re not hanging out with that Cordette you babysit for. God, she’s a real piece of work.”

“Hey!” Willow shouted as she jumped to her feet. “Watch what you say about Tara!”

Marcie had a totally Breakfast Club moment and thrust her fist in the air triumphantly. Willow had taken the bait. “Ha, I knew it! I knew you had a thing going with Blondie!”

Willow eyes nearly popped out of her head as she dropped back into her seat. “W-What…but…how did you…”

Marci smirked, “Well, it’s wicked obvious the way you two were making with the googlie eyes and secret hand-holding when she dropped by awhile back.”

Willow’s eyes glazed over as a dopey smiled appeared and she sighed wistfully, “Yeah…”

Marcie’s eyebrows shot up her forehead. “Damn, you’ve got it bad. So, what’s her deal anyway?”

Willow’s eyebrows knitted together questioningly. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, who’s the baby daddy?”

“WHAT!?” That question was all it took to being Willow crashing down to earth.

“Her kid, who’s the pop?”

“Shhhh! No one is supposed to know Chelsea is hers and again, how did you know? What are you some kind of ghost? All invisible and sneaking around…finding things out.” Willow mumbled.

Marcie snorted with laughter. “Hey, don’t get all pissy…missy, it’s not my fault the kid looks just like her. But forget all that baby stuff, I want details…of the dating variety.”

“What kind of details? Willow squeaked.

Marcie rolled her eyes, “You know, like how did all this happen…you and Tara?”

Willow breathed a sigh of relief once her friend clarified the question and began to quickly give Marcie the cliff notes version of their relationship. She didn’t want to go into too much detail; enjoying the fact that she and Tara had things that were just for them. By the time she finished and swore Marcie to secrecy, their break was over and they returned to work.

Willow was happy that yet another person knew about their relationship, but also a little concerned. She realized that if Marcie could figure it out, then others would as well and she certainly did not want her parents finding out before she had a chance to tell them herself. She and Tara needed to discuss officially coming out, but not tonight. Tonight was date night and Willow could hardly wait for four o’clock.

Willow was absolutely beside herself waiting for Tara to pick her up. She’d arrived home around three, showered and dressed in record time, and was now waiting, albeit impatiently, downstairs for Tara’s arrival. Willow had wanted to accompany Tara to drop off Chelsea at Buffy’s house, but Tara assured her it wasn’t a big deal. In truth, Tara was worried Chelsea would throw a fit, knowing how attached the infant was to Willow; it would be hard enough already.

At four o’clock on the dot, Willow heard a car door and she leapt to her feet; grabbing her overnight bag and rushing to meet Tara. She swung the door open before the girl even got a chance to ring the bell.

“Hi!” They both said simultaneously with a giggle, staring intently into each other’s eyes. Several long seconds passed before the trance was broken and Tara stepped inside. She’d barely had time to close the front door behind herself before Willow pulled her into a tight embrace.

Willow dropped her bag on the floor and pressed her face into Tara’s neck; kissing her gently and inhaling deeply. “You smell really good,” Willow mumbled, squeezing Tara tighter.

Tara finally pulled back and was immediately swept up into a passionate kiss. “What about your par-” She mumbled against Willow’s lips; losing herself immediately.

“Not home…” Was all Willow was able to say before Tara’s lips were back on hers.

Tara had longed for Willow all day and had been counting down the hours leading up to their date. She’d been battling naughty thoughts since the night before and now that they were finally together, she decided to take full advantage of the lack of parental supervision and surrender to her girlfriend’s lips and hands and tongue.

Willow’s hands were moving hotly up and down Tara’s back; the touch firm, yet sensual and definitely arousing. So much so, that Tara was starting to feel the familiar wetness pool between her legs; a sign it was time to stop before things got out of control. As Tara began to reluctantly drag her lips away from Willow, the redhead stumbled forward.

“Are you alright?” Tara asked, as she steadied her girlfriend.

“Yeah, just a little dizzy. I think I need some cold water or maybe a…cold shower.” Willow smiled weakly, meeting Tara’s hooded blue eyes.

“I know the feeling.”

“You do?”

“Oh yes,” Tara breathed, leaning forward and pressing their lips together again. The pull towards Willow was stronger than ever before and Tara didn’t ever want to stop kissing her.

Willow was thrilled with Tara’s reaction and was starting to wonder if going out was such a good idea after all or if perhaps it would be a better idea to just stay home. The parents are out for the evening, Chelsea’s at Buffy’s and my cozy bed is just up those stairs…”

That question was answered when Tara pulled back and motioned towards the door. “Ready?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, just let me grab my jacket.” Willow was a bit flushed and her hand was trembling slightly.

She lifted the jacket from the coat rack, tossing it over her arm before fishing the house keys from her pocket. Tara had already picked up her overnight bag and was waiting for her outside; standing idly on the stone path.

After locking the door, Willow turned and was met with Tara’s brilliant blue eyes and her dark blonde hair backlit by the warm afternoon sun. It was the first time since her arrival that Willow had really gotten a good look at her. Tara was radiant and beautiful, and Willow fell in love all over again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:52 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness...

Yay for great update-y goodness... Can't wait for their datenight... I hope it goes without too much trouble...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:05 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Awesome update! :bounce

I can't wait for their date. I hope now that Marcie knows about Chelsea she doesn't let it slip...or that others don't catch on. Not that I believe Cordy could, but others in general.

I am looking forward to the next update!

Sent via Tapatalk...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:15 pm 
9. Gay Now

Hee Hee! So many smoochies!

And really, they better come out soon.
People will find out.
Better to do so in a manner you have some control over.

Can't wait till the next bit of snuggly joy. :bounce

R :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I've been watchign too much BBTh - when Willow said "tons of fun" with that stressed syllable I immediately thought they were going to SeaWorld, which I know is otuside the time frame here.

The innocence and ease of the chapter is a nice shift of tone from above. I hope the rest of the night goes smoothly, I hope.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Yay for an update and a sexy romantic date. Buffy is watching Chelsea? That sort of seems like a recipe for disaster but what do I know?

Oh... totally off the subject, a woman I work with and would consider an acquaintance has a 10 month old and she and her husband are going on a cruise in August without the baby for a week. I apparently put my foot in it by telling a 3rd party that I wouldn't do that but... Anyway... seriously? And she's leaving the baby with another friend of ours who is a fantastic parent but they aren't even that close friends! And she's leaving her 1 year old with her for a week! That's like crack insane! Plus she is going on the cruise either to get pregnant or to reset so they can get pregnant again. Clue: if having the first baby makes you too tired in less than a year, maybe you don't want to have another baby just yet! Ok, aside done.

Willow and Tara are so damn cute! And they are having an overnight date? That's awesome. Gosh, when you post the next update in 6-8 months, I am sure we will really enjoy it:)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:45 pm 

Deb- In spite of that total passive aggressive smart ass comment, :p I'd still like to see you when we're in Austin later this month. Lunch?? Dinner?? We're making the annual pilgrimage to Orchestra camp the last two weekends in June.

Anywho...leaving your 10 month old for a week is insane! We took Jordan EVERYWHERE with us when she was a baby. I can 'almost' see it being ok if, A- they were leaving the baby with a close family member he/she was used to and B- it was a shorter time frame, like say three days. What they're doing just seems incredibly selfish to me. I remember Jordan going through a stage, somewhere between 6-10 months, where if someone so much as looked at her, she'd burst out crying. And God forbid they tried to pick her up...it was us or no one. I can't imagine it being a positive in any way for the baby. So, I'm right there with you!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:47 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey, Shelby! Geez, let's do the time warp again. lol So many references that took me back, but Willow as a young Nicolas Cage really cracked me up.

Ah, yes, I have been a little on the busy side. lol Finally almost done clearing out the past and the whole energy in the house is completely changed -- going from this :gnome to this :banana . It's such a good feeling to say the least.

Anyway, back to our girls. Hmm, naughty thoughts turning to spicy talk. I totally get that. :grin or maybe :blush ?? Nah, definitely this :fallen But that's okay because they're young and in love. It's all good.

Looks like they're definitely moving towards the big step. They're apparently not as stealthy as they thought since Marcie figured things out, but I'm not surprised there. So yeah, they need to figure out some stuff before others start noticing as well. That's the not-so-fun part, so let's concentrate on their date and sleep-over tonight. You know, if you make us wait months and months to find out what happens, we will not be very happy campers. However, if you make it worth the wait I have a feeling all will be forgiven. But you know I must say it...

More soon please!!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:21 pm 
8. Vixen

YAY, new Baby Makes Three :)

“Yep, you’re Julie and I’m Randy!”

Yup, Randy pretty much describes Willow's usual state of mind, especially where Tara is concerned :)

Love Tara's valley girl impression. So silly yet you could easily imagine Harmony talking like that, like totally lol.

“You’re not very good with surprises, are you?”
“Awww, come on Will, just one hint…pleeease? I promise you lots of kisses…”

I thought it was Willow who was bad with surprises.

In a matter of seconds, Tara’s voice had clearly shifted; going from flirty and playful, to thick and throaty. “God Tara, I so wish I was there…right now.” Willow breathed, her heart hammering away in her chest.

Not to nitpick your story Shel but you have Tara's vocal tone 'shifiting' but it's Willow who speaks??????

Willow is right to be worried about others figuring about her and Tara being together and Chelsea being Tara's child especially with Cordelia being on the warpath.

Willow had wanted to accompany Tara to drop off Chelsea at Buffy’s house,

YAY Buffy's helping by babysitting Chelsea. I wonder if she'll have as much fun as Willow did in the previous chapter, 34, course that could be the sadist in me lol.

An awesome little chapter there Shel, though there is still the present threat of Cordelia on the background if she should ever learn of Willow and Tara's relationship and all about Chelsea. But that is a dark thing for another time, for now let us just relish in the awesome love that is Willow and Tara. All we need now is an update of 'Racing The Rain'. :biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 pm 

zampsa19752001-
Yes…date night!!

Thanks for the feedback!

branny72-
Well, since Marcie isn’t in high school and doesn’t really associate with that group outside of work, I doubt it’ll be an issue, but hey…you never know.

Date-y goodness coming up!

Thanks for the feedback!

Azirahael-
They’re probably thinking the same thing. Hopefully they figure it out soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

DaddyCatAlso
BBTh?? Not sure I know what that is exactly.

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt -
Hey Deb!

I think Buffy alone would definitely be a disaster, but Dawn and Joyce are there as well. So hopefully things go well. Besides, Chelsea’s the perfect child, remember?? ;-)

BTW…please note: This update is well within your 6-8 month window…just saying. :p

wimpy0729-
Hi Pam! :wave

Ahhh, young love. Ain’t it grand? These two definitely deserve some alone time to put all that spicy talk into action. Hopefully soon.

Things are moving forward, albeit a little slower than expected. They have a lot of obstacles at that age, but somehow I think they’ll make it work. :wink

So yeah, the coming out is looming on the horizon. It’s gonna be especially rough on Tara, since her is pretty much a double. I agree, they need to come up with a plan and soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Willowtaralover-
Hi Rick,

Yeah, Willow does adore Tara and she is definitely a ‘Randy.’

Sorry for the confusion in that paragraph, probably just a typo on my part.

I don’t think Buffy will have any problems, because after all…Chelsea’s perfect!!

Yep, on with the light-hearted fun and no Cordelia!

Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (07-27-14)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 pm 

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 36

“Are we there yet?” Tara whined in a child-like voice, causing Willow to giggle.

“Not yet, but you’ll know where we’re going soon enough.”

“We’ve been driving forever, no wonder we needed to leave early.”

“Thanks, by the way, for trusting me to drive your car.”

“Well,” Tara smiled, “I trust you with my child, why wouldn’t I trust you with my car?”

Willow grinned and squeezed Tara’s hand tighter. They hadn’t let go of one another since Tara arrived to pick up Willow. The intense need to be physically connected had never been stronger; they simply could not stop touching, even for one second.

“Tara, can I ask you something?”

“Of course, is s-something bothering you?” Tara noticed Willow’s apprehension immediately and sat up straighter to give her full attention.

“Well, no…not really bothering me, per say. I-I was just wondering, now that Buffy knows about us and more people are bound to find out, eventually, do you um, think that maybe we should at least tell our parents? I-I mean before they find out from someone else. Because I think they’d be upset and I really don’t want them upset about us. I mean, they’ll probably be upset enough just with the big gay news and…why are you grinning?” Willow’s babble finally came to an end when, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the smirk plastered on Tara’s face and the amused glint in her big blue eyes.

“You’re so cute when you babble.”

Willow mockingly scolded Tara. “Hey, no changing the subject.”

“Yes ma’am!” Tara joked back, complete with a salute in Willow’s direction.

“Do you uh, do you ever think about it? Coming out…” Willow asked in all seriousness.

Tara sighed, knowing it was something they definitely needed to discuss. “I do and it’s just…hard. Admitting it to yourself is tough enough…the gay part, not the you part. Anyway, I’m not sure that I’m ready to tell our parents just yet. I’m especially w-worried about telling yours. Plus, I…I like having something that’s just…well, mine.”

Willow’s heart soared and she blushed furiously. “I like being yours.”

“I like you being mine and I like belonging to you. I also like our sleepovers and if they knew…”

“No more snuggly sleepovers.” Willow said flatly, finishing Tara’s sentence and receiving a nod in agreement. “I know and you’re probably right about my parents being the big question mark, but I think your mom would be okay with us and maybe she could help us with telling my parents? Although, what happens if it drives a wedge between our Moms? And they forbid me seeing you or worse...send me to reparative therapy!?” Willow’s eyes grew wide and her breath quickened as panic started to set in.

Tara squeezed Willow’s hand and tenderly kissed her knuckles. “Sweetie, let’s not freak out just yet, okay?” The redhead nodded as her breathing began to even out again.

Willow hadn’t really given much thought to possible ban on sleepovers and she was glad Tara brought it to her attention. Her parents had never pressured her one way or another when it came to dating, but not talking about dating and coming out as gay were two different things. Having grown up Jewish she’d seen first hand just how crazed Jewish parents, especially mothers, could be when it came to their daughters social lives. More specifically, whom they chose for a mate and since Willow had never dated at all; she had no idea how they would react. She held out hope it wouldn’t be earth shattering, but also knew that if Tara were a boy...there would be no sleeping over.

“So, what makes you think my mom would be okay?” Tara said in an attempt to further curb Willow’s panic attack.

“Huh? Oh, well,” Willow shrugged her shoulders. “I just think she would be, she seems pretty chill out about things.”

Tara thought for a moment, “Your probably right and besides, after having to tell your mom you’re pregnant at sixteen…kinda makes everything else sorta pale in comparison. Like…hey mom, I just robbed a convenience store! That’s nice dear, but did you remember to pick up diapers on your way home?

Willow snorted with laughter. “That reminds me of a movie-”

“Raising Arizona?” This time it was Tara who finished Willow’s sentence.

Willow cleared her throat and deepened her voice. “I’ll be takin’ these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.” Then grinned at her attempt to impersonate H.I. McDunnough.

Tara raised both eyebrows and smirked, the irony of Willow’s comparison was not lost on her. “So, that’s twice in the last 24 hours you compared me to a Nicholas Cage character. Kind of ironic, don’t cha think?”

Willow laughed nervously, “Well, you know irony is kinda ironic that way. Hey look, we’re here!”

Tara looked up and her eyes went wide and a huge grin spread across her face. “The Seaside Boardwalk!!”

Willow nodded as she parked the car, reveling in Tara’s excitement and happy with the knowledge she’d made the right choice. “You like?”

“I love! I haven’t been here in years. My mom used to bring Donny and I every summer.” Tara said, still grinning from ear to ear as she recalled some happier childhood memories.

“I already bought the tickets online. I got the Adventure Passes, so we can ride anything, as many times as we want and I brought lot’s of cash. So we can play games, eat…whatever you want, my treat!”

Tara frowned and turned to face her girlfriend. “Willow, I can’t let you-” Her protest suddenly interrupted by Willow’s lips.

After a long minute, Willow pulled back; cupping Tara’s cheeks. “I wanted to bring you here so we could be ourselves. So we can hold hands and have a real date. Let me spoil you a little…please?”

Knowing that Willow wasn’t going to budge, and completely unable to deny her anything, Tara finally acquiesced. “Okay Sweetie,” She breathed, pressing their lips together once again.

A couple hours later the girls found themselves standing at the base of the Seaside Slayer. The popular ride boasts a one hundred fifty foot vertical drop tower that carries riders to the top and then releases them into a free fall at a speed of over forty-five miles per hour. Willow was starting to wonder what on earth made her decide to bring Tara to the Boardwalk in the first place. A nice quiet dinner and a movie were starting to sound really good right about now.

“Will, you don’t have to go, I can ride it by myself or we can go ride something else together.” Tara said as she eyed Willow carefully. Her girlfriend was standing as still as a statue and staring up intently at the menacing tower.

“No, i-it’s fine. We’ve pretty much ridden everything else, except the ferris wheel. Plus, I don’t want you to have to ride by yourself. It’s just…so high and falls so fast…” Willow’s words trailed off as she watched another group of riders shriek as they dropped from the sky.

The normally skittish redhead had ridden everything Tara suggested, aided by a motion sickness pill she’d taken right before her girlfriend picked her up.

Normally, just watching amusement park rides made Willow a bit nauseous, but she was determined to face her fears and give Tara a fun night out. She just hadn’t bargained for the blonde being so fearless. Willow thought they’d ride the merry go round, the ferris wheel and bumper cars; all somewhat benign but still fun. Willow was floored to find out that Tara was a closet adrenalin junkie.

Once Willow rode her first ‘scary’ ride, everything else was easy. In fact, the only ride she’d been reluctant to go on was the roller coaster and it had taken everything Tara had to get her to agree, but once on, the redhead found that it wasn’t so bad after all. A twelve story vertical free fall, however, was a whole different story.

Willow’s life long fear of heights and falling had led to nightmares over the years and she was secretly terrified, but still too high from her ‘roller coaster accomplishment’ to allow herself te voice of reason. This case of false bravado had caused her to lapse into fearless gal mode and that was the point at which she initially agreed to riding The Slayer with her girlfriend.

“Have you ever been on it before?” Willow asked.

“No, they didn’t have it the last time I was here, but it looks fun.”

“Yeah…fun.” She squeaked, “That’s exactly what I was thinking.” Willow swallowed hard knowing it was now or never. Finally, her resolve set in and she was determined to go through with it. “Okay! Let’s do it, before I lose my nerve.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel pressured.”

“No, I want to…really. I mean how bad could it possibly be?”

Unfortunately, that question was answered within five minutes after they were all strapped in and slowly ascending the Slayer’s tower. It was a slow and methodical rise to the top. Tara appeared relaxed and nonchalantly kicked her feet as they swung freely in the cool night air.

The single row of 15 seats wrapped around the tower, allowing each rider had their own unique birds eye view of the city and they were seated in such a way that Tara couldn’t fully see Willow’s face. If she’d been able to, she would have seen the raw panic. The girl was sweaty, pale and had a death grip on the foam covered steel harness that was clamped over her shoulders. Her eyes were tightly shut and she was quietly chanting, ‘Oh God, oh God, oh God,’ over and over again.

“Willow?”

“Oh God, oh God, oh God…” Willow continued to chant, “Oh God...Tara, I feel like I can’t breath!”

“It’s okay baby, don’t look down-”

“Too late…oh God, oh God…”

“Will, just focus on my voice, close you’re eyes and hold on. I’m right here with you, okay?” Tara was starting to worry and used the most soothing tone she could muster.

When they’d ridden all the other rides, they’d been side-by-side and able to hold hands or at least touch in some capacity. Touching Tara had been distracting and there was no need to panic. Without Tara’s calming touch, Willow was officially freaking out.

“Oka-” Before Willow was even able to finish the word, she heard a click and felt the seat drop out from under her as she plummeted back towards the earth at an alarming speed. She clamped her jaw shut so tightly, that when the ride finally came to a halt, approximately 3.4 seconds later, she thought she might have broken a tooth. She only vaguely remembered hearing Tara scream on the way down.

“Oh my God Will, that was amazing!” Tara exclaimed breathlessly, “Will? Willow?” She repeatedly called to her girlfriend and became worried when Willow didn’t reply. She waited somewhat impatiently, for the harness to disengage.

“Baby talk to me, please! You’re starting to scare me.”

As she felt the harness finally give way, Tara released the buckle and leapt from the hard plastic seat; rushing to her near catatonic girlfriend.

Willow was frozen in place and breathing erratically with her eyes still squeezed tightly shut. All she could hear was a loud buzzing in her ears and she jumped when Tara touched her hands. It was only when she opened her eyes did she realize they were safely back on earth. Willow released her white knuckled grip on the protective bar so it could be lifted over her head, slid off the seat and allowed Tara to lead her down off the ride platform.

Once on the ground, Tara pulled Willow close and walked her to the nearest park bench.

“Baby, you’re hands are shaking. Are you okay?” Tara was more than concerned by Willow’s current state and began rubbing each shaking hand between her own.

As reality slowly came back to her, Willow finally lifted her head and when her eyes met Tara’s…she burst into tears.

“Oh sweetie…” Tara said as she pulled her sobbing girlfriend into a tight embrace and for the next several minutes rubbed soothing circles on her back. The blonde didn’t loosen her grip until she felt Willow begin to relax and her breathing returned to normal.

“Sorry,” The redhead whispered against Tara’s chest.

“No, I’m the one who should be apologizing. I’m so sorry I talked you into going on that ride.”

Willow finally sat up, sniffling and wiping her nose on her shirtsleeve. “You didn’t make me Tare, I agreed, remember? Besides, I’m okay.”

“Really?” Tara felt horrible, she never wanted to see Willow that scared ever again.

“Uh huh,” Willow said, sniffling once again as Tara pushed some errant red hair behind her ears. “It just…it really scared me.”

“How about we get you a cold drink?” Tara asked, still not completely convinced her girlfriend had fully recovered.

Willow nodded. “Okay.”

Tara smiled, “That’s my girl. Would you like anything special?”

A wistful look crossed Willow’s face. “Just you.”

Tara returned the smile and leaned in close as she planted a lingering kiss on Willow’s lips; not caring at all that they were in such a public place. “You already have me.”

“Mhmm, yay me,” Willow whispered as she returned the kiss.

A few minutes later Tara stood, held out her hands and pulled the redhead off the bench. Not wanting to break contact, Tara quickly entwined their fingers as they made their way towards the boardwalk concessions.

Willow hadn’t thought she was hungry after the half gainer her stomach did on the Slayer, but as they neared the various concession stands, her stomach began to growl. They decided on fresh squeezed lemonade, a couple slices of cheese pizza and a plate full of funnel cake.

After finding a table, they settled in to eat; chatting happily as Willow devoured her pizza. Tara was barely halfway done, when she noticed that Willow had already moved on to the funnel cake.

The redhead looked up sheepishly when she noticed Tara’s trademark raised eyebrow and smirk. “Sorry…guess I was hungrier than I thought.”

“Apparently,” Tara giggled, before checking her phone for about the twentieth time in as many minutes.

Willow laid her hand over Tara’s and soothingly rubbed her thumb across her wrist; waiting until their eyes met to speak. “I’m sure everything is fine.”

Tara nodded, “Yeah, I mean, Mrs. Summers is there and Dawn and they would have called if there was a problem, right?” Her worried eyes completely gaving away the true nature of her feelings.

Willow kissed Tara’s hand affectionately, “Why don’t we give Buffy a call, just to check-in and see how things are going?”

Tara sighed deeply, “No, I don’t want her to think that I don’t trust her.”

“Tare, Chelsea’s just a little baby and it’s her first time alone with Buffy, of course it’s okay to call. I’m sure she won’t be offended.”

“You don’t mind?” Tara asked nervously.

Willow cocked her head curiously, “Why would I mind?”

“Because we’re on a date, which is supposed to be about us and who wants their girlfriend obsessively calling home every five minutes?”

“I’d hardly call phoning once in three hours obsessive.”

Tara nodded in agreement, knowing Willow was right and that she was just being a nervous mother hen. She blew her bangs out of her face and dialed Buffy’s number.

After several minutes on the phone with Buffy, Tara hung up and breathed a sigh of relief.

Willow grinned confidently. “See, I told you everything was fine.”

Tara again quirked an eyebrow in Willow’s direction, “Um excuse me, but weren’t you the one freaking out about allowing Buffy to babysit in the first place?”

Willow scoffed. “I may have said one tiny thing, but I’d hardly call it freaking out.” This time both Tara’s eyebrows rose and she crossed her arms across her chest.

Willow’s face turned beet red. “Okay, so maybe I was a tad worried, but you know, it’s Buffy and she’s not exactly the most responsible person in the world,” She grumbled. “Trying to duck tape a baby’s diaper…hrumph.”

Tara giggled and reached out to entwine their fingers. “It was her first time changing a diaper and I seem to recall a certain redhead locked in a death match with talcum powder on her first attempt?”

Willow once again smiled sheepishly, “Okay, okay, I see your point. So, what do you want to do next?” She asked, quickly changing the subject. “Wanna play some games or something?”

“Sure, what’d you have in mind?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, trying to play it cool, as if it hadn’t crossed her mind until that very moment. In reality, she’d already decided that come hell or high water, she was going to win a prize or two for her girlfriend. After all, it was a requirement when you took someone on a date to an amusement park, wasn’t it?

Over the next hour, the girls played their way through the standard fare of ring toss, balloon darts and shooting galleries. Their efforts thus far were fruitless. In fact, they’d laughed so hard at Tara’s attempt to ‘Whack-A-Mole,’ that Willow had nearly forgotten all about her quest for a prize.

Tara had been adorable when she’d taken the soft mallet in her hands, spread her feet wide and crouched into a battle ready position. Her eyes narrowed and she bit her bottom lip in anticipation of smashing the fake furry creatures. The first two rounds were easy, but as the game increased its speed, Tara completely spazzed out; shrieking several times and madly striking the board in all directions. Willow laughed so hard she forgot to hit her moles and in the end, an eight-year-old boy had beaten them both.

Tara looped her arm through Willow’s as they shuffled away from the game, still giggling and teasing each other about their ‘whacking’ abilities, when something caught Tara’s eye. The blonde pulled Willow playfully in the direction of a small jewelry shop with a plethora of beaded shell and shark tooth necklaces hanging out front. They started sifting through the selection, each admiring different types and sizes. Willow went straight to the chokers, while Tara looked over the longer variety.

“I’m gonna go look inside.” Tara whispered in Willow’s ear, running a hand over the small of her back.

Willow shivered at the touch and smiled wistfully. “Okay.” She definitely had the sweetest, most attentive girlfriend anyone could ever ask for.

As Tara slid into the small shop, she immediately gravitated towards a case of charms. Most were beach related with a good supply of dolphins, shells and surfboards, but it was the right side of the case that drew her complete attention. There was an entire section dedicated to friends and lovers. She looked over her shoulder to make sure Willow was still occupied outside before she began a closer inspection.

When Tara initially spotted the shop, she decided immediately that she wanted to buy something special for her girlfriend. Something that said they belonged to each other. Willow did so much for her, not to mention this wonderful date and she wanted to show her appreciation. But it was more than that. Tara was in love, head over heels madly in love and what better way to show it?

Having made her decision, Tara then requested engraving and quickly paid. She meandered near a rack of generic rings while she waited on the engraving to be done, in case Willow were to wander into the shop, but to her surprise the redhead was no where to be seen.

Several minutes later, the engraving done, the gift-wrapped and tucked snugly in Tara’s jacket pocket, she finally emerged from the small shop; glancing around the front of the store, in search of Willow.

There was quite a few people walking along the boardwalk and as they cleared, Tara spotted her girlfriend; standing on the other side with her hands tucked behind her back and grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Tara returned the smile and sauntered across in Willow’s direction. “What cha got there Will? That’s a pretty big grin you’re sportin’.”

Willow continued to grin, bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet. “That’s because I have a surprise…ta daa!” She exclaimed as she thrust a fluffy brown teddy bear holding a heart in Tara’s direction.

“Aww Will, you won this for me?” Tara asked, receiving an enthusiastic nod. Tara reached out, pulled the bear to her chest and hugged it tightly. “Mhmm, thank you sweetie.”

Willow smiled proudly at Tara’s reaction, taking great pleasure in making her so happy. She couldn’t tear her eyes away and suddenly felt the urge to get Tara alone. “Wanna take a walk on the beach?”

Tara nodded, still entranced by Willow and harboring the same thoughts. “Absolutely.”

Willow reached out and took Tara’s hand; pulling the girl towards the boardwalk steps that led to the ocean. They pulled off their shoes when they reached the bottom of the steps and placed them off to the side.

The night air was crisp and cool, and they giggled as they struggled through the soft deep sand on their way to the water’s edge.

Even though they were in southern California, in late fall the water was too cold to wade in, so they steered clear of the surf as they slowly strolled along. Walking in silence for some time, just enjoying the evening and the simple pleasure of being together. The further they walked, the quieter it got; except for the crash of the waves and the faint sounds from the Boardwalk.

It wasn’t long before Willow suggested they sit for a while. Tara readily agreed and allowed Willow to pull her inland, away from the crashing waves.

Willow dropped to the ground and Tara wasted no time finding a spot between her legs. She leaned back and melted into Willow’s warm embrace.

Willow rested her chin on Tara’s shoulder and smiled as the blonde snuggled closer. “Are you cold?”

“No,” Tara replied softly. “I’m perfect, actually.”

Willow smiled, enjoying the rare quite moment. “Good.”

Tara gazed out over the ocean entranced by the moonlight as it sparkled and danced across the water’s surface. She was certain she’d never had a more perfect moment in her entire life. Willow was so romantic and sweet and Tara had never been happier.

While Tara was busy admiring the ocean, Willow was busy admiring Tara. Unable to settle on one word to describe her girlfriend, the redhead ran through a litany of adjectives in her head. Beautiful, gorgeous, amazing…breathtaking. Smart, funny… Willow watched as the soft glow of the moon reflected in Tara’s deep blue eyes. It felt so good to hold her and Willow never wanted to let go. In fact, she wanted to do more than just hold Tara and that urge, was starting to completely dominate her thoughts.

Willow reached with her free hand to sweep the hair off Tara’s shoulder, unable to resist the sweet taste of Tara’s skin on her lips. Willow started slowly, placing a trail of light butterfly kisses along the soft milky skin of Tara’s slender neck. Her lips eventually slid across Tara’s jaw until the girl turned and pressed their lips together. They became lost in the slow and sensuous kissing.

Tara’s lips tingled as they kissed and a fire was ignited within her. Their connection was so strong and she couldn’t focus on anything else but the sensation of Willow’s lips against hers. Willow’s tongue…Willow’s hands...the ministrations causing her to lose all sense of reality. Spurred on by soft moans, Tara brought her hands to Willow’s cheeks and the kissing intensified.

Willow moved slightly to allow Tara room to turn and was rewarded when the blonde unwittingly pressed her hip against Willow’s already aroused center. She moaned again and unconsciously pushed forward; enjoying how the seem of her jeans was hitting in just the right spot.

Tara’s fingers buried themselves in Willow’s hair as she pushed harder against the redhead; spurred on by her girlfriend’s sensual moaning. The kiss was amazing and even though Tara loved all types of Willow-kisses, this one was different. The air around them seemed to crackle with electricity. It was easily the most intense kissing Tara had ever experienced. They were lost in each other and the fact they were on a public beach was completely forgotten.

As the furious kissing continued and intensified, Tara realized if she shifted just a little bit more, she could have Willow on her back in a matter of seconds. The idea was becoming more and more appealing, until the sounds of whistling and catcalls broke the spell.

They pulled apart and glanced towards the ocean with hazy eyes at a small group of teenagers that were applauding and giggling as they passed by.

“Oh God.” An embarrassed chuckle sprang from Willow’s throat as she buried her face in Tara’s neck.

Tara simply ignored the group; turning back and snuggling Willow to her. Nothing and no one could take her attention off the beautiful redhead as she softly stroked her fingers through the windblown auburn locks. When Willow sighed and relaxed against her, Tara took the time to settle her own overloaded hormones. All she’d done was kiss Willow and she couldn’t believe the level of arousal she was feeling. It had always taken so much more to get her going when she was with a boy. Kissing was always nice, but kissing Willow did something to her. Willow kissage was urgent, exciting and left her feeling completely out of control.

Willow wrapped her arms tightly around Tara’s back and snuggled closer. Once her mind cleared, she realized how difficult it was becoming to resist touching Tara intimately, and as Tara held her close, Willow thought about how much she loved the girl. How she cherished every moment they spent together and how alive it made her feel to know that Tara was her girlfriend. The amazing, beautiful and sexy Tara Maclay was in her arms and Willow wanted to keep her there forever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next