The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (9-10-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:41 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Heehee!
Baby to the rescue!

They are already taking steps in the right direction.

Willow could babysit and tutor, which would give her a chance to make a new friend :)
And then some.

And thank the goddess that the story is largely complete, cos so many of them just kinda die as it's getting good.

Looking forward to more!

R

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay fopr excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow calming Chelsea with a popsicle... I kinda hope Willow can help Tara to study for her test when she wakes up so Tara wouldn't fail...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
This was a great update for this story. I like that we get to see both Willow's vindicitive streak from the past chapter as well as her kind and helpful nature. It is easy to do things on the fly when you're angry and have it planned out, but it is much harder to deal with the guilt after the initial anger has fled. You showed this well.

The scene with Chelsea, Tara, and Willow was also wonderful. Please do continue updating, I can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Oh so many old, old memories.... irrelevant. Just so many ways to bond here -mostly obvious- but it's a lot like life. Two or more doors, leading the same direction, often open at once. Brava!

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
Holy adorableness batman! I was a little disappointed that the rivalry between the two didnt last a bit longer but I gotta say this is a really organic transition. Of course leave it to Willow to have read parenting theory even though she's not a parent. It makes a lot of sense that the one thing which could bring two people together is an innocent baby. The metaphor is pretty solid too, since babies have no bias and only love people for the good that they can see inside of them. I certainly hope we get to see Chelsea mature along with Willow and Tara's relationship. Also just because I'm a little confused, you may have already mentioned this but ballpark what age is everyone? Cuz I'm picturing Chelsea all over the place right now, and it would be good to have an idea for Willow and Tara as well. Of course there's every chance you were going to write that in somewhere in which case just ignore me. Keep on keepin on! Cuz I kinda love it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi there. Seeing lots of stuff I like here. Willow realizing how harsh she was being and feeling guilty over some of her actions, Tara realizing how mean they (the Cordy group) had been to Willow and other people, and the big moment of how she would feel if it was her own daughter being bullied.

I also like how Willow shows up at Tara's and sees first hand what she's going through. Teething can be a bitch. She's totally frustrated and exhausted. Sweet how Willow is able to help, and able to give Tara at least a few minutes of rest. Hopefully some help with studying too. I like where this is going.

Still many questions, but I will force myself to be patient...sort of.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
I do like that Willow is starting to regret her blackmailing of Tara. Willow has been one of my favourite Buffy characters from the off and whilst I understand her reasoning because I was bullied in high school too. However to see her stooping to the level of dogdelia gets in the way of her being the sweet innocent that we all know and love.

“Well, it took me a few days, but I finally came up with something and she pretty much bought it.” Willow nodded, allowing Tara to continue. “I um, I told her that I was flunking computer class and that I needed you to help me get a passing grade.

Proof that Tara is a lot smarter than the rest of the Cordettes. She not only comes up with a perfectly viable reason for Cordy to back off on Willow plus it will mean that Willow and Tara will have to spend time together to make the idea work.

It's a nice moment when Willow and Tara first talk as people who, if not friends exactly, then people who can at least chat to one another quite amicably.

As with Willow before I do like that Tara is starting to realise, via Chelsea, what impact her actions are having on another person. Certainly a period of self growth and maturity for the two of them.

After working a ten hour shift at the Doublemeat on Friday.

Seriously, a ten hour shift at the DoubleMeat? Even on a friday it does seem to be a little excessive. Did she have time to go to school?

The blue notes seemed to be general statements, the yellow were questions, the green were things that were understood and the hot pink were things Tara just wasn’t getting and there seemed to be a lot of pink notes. Willow read through them and picked up immediately on what the blonde wasn’t understanding.

Hmmm, I wonder if Tara is finding herself interested in someone that she didn't think she would be.

Another nice moment at the end when Willow returns Tara's school book and discovers her at her wits end with baby Chelsea's teething. Presumably seeing all this with help Willow see even more that there is more to Tara than meets the eye.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well that's improvement on both sides. Willow realizing that it wasn't cool blackmailing Tara and Tara putting herself (or rather Chelsea) in Willow's shoes and thinking about her life. I sort of wish that their meeting had included Willow telling Tara never mind and that she was sorry she threatened her, then Tara saying it was ok because she did it and while she had never done it before she would have continued with it now even if Willow took back the threat.

The interaction about Tara being a bad mother seems very genuine and intimate for a sort of frenemy. I hope that when she wakes up Willow is able to help her with the algebra. Of course the irony is that Tara lied about being tutored in Computer science but may actually get tutored in Algebra.

Waiting for more of course...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

faolan228 - Wow, you’re like the ‘Queen of Dibs’ on this story:) Yes! Both are getting a bad case of the guilts and starting to see things differently. Nothing like the realities of raising a little bambino to bring out the best in people.

Thanks for the feedback!

fhiwda - Extremely cute! More to come:)

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm - I know, right? It’s hard to stay mad at someone when you have a super cute little person to intervene.

Glad you like it! I think they are both feeling pretty bad about letting things get so out of hand. Hopefully this will start healing some of the bad feelings.

ps...I’ll let Tara know you want to help her out. *wink, wink*

Thanks for the feedback!

Aziraheal - Super Baby to The Rescue! lol Yes, this was definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully they stay the course.

Let’s not jump the gun...they just started to be civil to one another. I think it might take a little time for friends and ‘other.’

I know what you mean, it’s sad how many great fics are left to die. I started this one because I needed a little break with Racing the Rain (shameless plug), I’ve been writing that story for almost two years, but I intend to finish it if it’s the last thing I do! :blush

Thanks for the feedback!

Zampsa19752001 - Willow knows babies 101, lol. I guess it’s a good thing she reads a lot:) Study buddies...hmm, guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the feedback!

knightwithoutacause - Thanks! :blush Willow does have her moments where she acts irrationally and feels bad later. She didn’t want to be mean, but with all the pent up anger she was feeling, I think the damn just burst. Hopefully the baby cuteness will help sway her in the right direction.
Thanks for the feedback!

DaddyCatAlso - Old memories of having babies in the house? Yeah, I know that feeling...also irrelevant. lol

Yep, it could go in any direction at this point, we’ll just have to be patient and see which one they take:)

Thanks for the feedback!

RoyoNobus - Awww, give them a break. They couldn’t keep on hating each other or could they? :hmm I think it’s important that they both see their mistakes fairly fast or it could spell disaster and no chance of a healthy relationship of any kind.

Yeah, damn Willow and her reading! lol You know where that leads...besides, if an adorable baby can’t being people together, who can? I think we’re going to see everyone adopt a better and more mature outlook from this point forward, hopefully.

Sorry about the age confusion. I thought I mentioned Chelsea’s age, but I could have just thought about it a lot and forgot to write it, lol. She’s right around eight/nine months and W/T are both 17. That I know I didn’t write in, I only mentioned that they were all seniors.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - That was definitely Tara’s turning point. Up until then, she was just defensive and not seeing it from Willow’s POV and vice versa. Although, I thought Willow’s acts were justified, albeit wrong, but justifiable none the less. It was important that she see things from Tara’s POV as well and stop jumping to conclusions regarding her parenting. Willow may read a lot, but she doesn’t have clue one as to what it’s like to raise a baby.

It was the first real act of maturity we’ve seen from either of them and I think laid the groundwork for a future friendship. Willow was able to see how exhausting it is to have a baby and Tara will be able to see that Willow is responsible and not a ‘loser.’

Totally off topic, but when my daughter was a newborn, she never freakin’ slept!! Not more than an hour an a half at a time. Hell, she didn’t sleep through the night until she was 14 months old. I have no memory of the first three months of her life. Seriously, I have to watch video or read her baby book because that time is just...gone. Damn brain sucking kids!

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover - Not to worry, she is still sweet, innocent and lovable Willow. She just had to make a stand, however feeble a stand it was.

Tara has birthed a baby, so she’s pretty tough and able to get by on her own. I think her plan was pretty good, since she’s passing the class she can actually help Cordy without needing Willow...sorry:(

The are both pretty easy going snd have had time to think about their actions. So, for as much as all this has pushed them apart, it also has the opportunity to pull them together.

Willow was in school, but she has early release, so I imagine she goes straight to work after, thus the long shift. Plus, if she only works part time, it probably accounted for most, if not all, of her hours for the week.

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt - Yes, a big improvement:) Unfortunately, I don’t think Willow is going to give in all that easily. She still doesn’t know or trust Tara all that well. I think she may be waiting for Tara to make the first move towards apology-land. The jury is still out on that one.

Again, I’m not sure that Willow is going to be quick to jump, in helping Tara with the math. I think she is still harboring a lot of hard feelings and it’s not that she doesn’t ‘want’ to help, it’s more along the lines of ‘why should I even offer?’ It’s an internal battle for sure and one that only time can unravel.

Thanks for the feedback!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (9-16-12)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am 

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: R (Language)

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hey everyone and Happy Football Sunday! In this chapter I reference the book, 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?' by Eric Carle and Bill Martin, Jr. If you have a toddler or know someone who does, this book is awesome! My daughter loved it and by the time she was 2 had is pretty much memorized. Anyway, enjoy:)

**********************************************************************************

Chapter 7

The whole situation was odd, to say the least, and Willow was perplexed. She’d stopped by to drop off a book and here she was, left to her own devices in one of her arch rivals homes, and with the girl’s infant daughter no less. She thought about waking the slumbering blonde, but Tara looked so peaceful that she just couldn’t bring herself do it. Why should you be so nice to Tara? She doesn’t deserve it after the way she treated you. A little voice inside her head chimed in. After all, if the tables were turned, she wondered if Tara would do the same for her. Then Willow looked down at Chelsea, still happily gnawing away at the rapidly melting pop and she knew why.

“Geez, you’re making a big mess kiddo. Come on, let’s get you changed.” Willow whispered, taking the baby upstairs to get her changed and cleaned up.
Even though Willow had never been in Tara’s house before today, she found Chelsea’s room easily; there was a large, plush ‘C’ that hung on the front of her bedroom door. Willow entered the nursery and was immediately impressed. The furniture was simple and looked worn, but it was the hand painted wall murals that caught Willow’s eye.

“Wow,” Willow breathed, examining the paintings closely.

Two entire walls were painted from top to bottom depicting jungle scenes complete with dancing blue elephants and purple hippos with cute brown monkeys frolicking in the trees. It was a true work of art.

“Well, Miss Chelsea, I think you have just about the most adorable room in the entire world.” Willow said out loud. She laid Chelsea on the animal clad changing table and began undressing the sticky infant. The baby babbled and sucked on her hand and when Willow was finally able to wrestle her clothes off, the tiny blonde began kicking her feet wildly and giggling.

“Oh, now you’re all happy and playful. Aww, look at that adorable little belly!” Willow said as she leaned in and blew on Chelsea’s belly, causing shrieks of laughter. “Oh, you like that huh? Well, there’s more where that came from!” Willow continued her assault on Chelsea’s belly until she and the baby began to grow tired. “Time to get you changed and hopefully you’ll take a little nap too. No more of that crazy crying baby routine, okay?”

As Willow began to unhinge the diaper, she realized that she’d never changed a baby before. Well, it can’t be too difficult, can it? She opened the diaper and was hit with a wall of stink.

“Holy crap...literally! It’s...it’s green and yellow and ewwww-y and dear Lord, what is your mommy feeding you?!” Willow immediately closed the diaper. She was officially horrified by what she was seeing and smelling. “How can so much come out of something so little? It’s in your...and up your...and I have to clean all that out?”

She kept a hand on Chelsea, terrified that she would roll off the changing table, as she searched for something to wipe her with. I should’ve brought a hazmat suit, because this is just...unpleasant. She finally found a box of wipes, a clean diaper and the talcum powder on a lower shelf. After pulling out several baby wipes, she re-opened the diaper and simply stared without a clue what to do next. Okay, wipe down. That’s what girls are supposed to do and you’re a girl, right? Willow’s internal babble continued as she tried to clean Chelsea to the best of her ability.

Fifteen minutes and several dozen wipes later, Willow declared victory. Chelsea was officially clean and in a fresh diaper, which was more than could be said for Willow. It had been a well fought battle, but not without a surprise attack from the talcum powder, which was now covering much of the redhead’s upper body.

“Okay, so where’s your clothes? Ah, the dresser! How about we put you in something sleepy and you take a little nap?” Chelsea seemed enamored with her new redheaded friend; cooing and laughing as Willow babbled.

Willow sat Chelsea in her crib and searched the dresser for a sleeper. Finding the cutest one possible, a little pink snap up number covered with puppies. After several minutes of fumbling and the infant kicking wildly, she finally managed to get the youngster in and all snapped up. She laid the little girl in her crib and turned on the crib aquarium that was strapped to the railing.

“Success! Yay! Go Willow, it’s you’re birthday...” Willow sang as she danced in a circle, proud of her accomplishment. “How about I get you a bottle? I’ll be right back!” Willow exclaimed, hoping beyond hope to find a ready-made bottle in the fridge.

Luckily for her, Tara was organized and there were several waiting bottles. Willow smiled and once again, admired Tara’s preparedness. She ran the bottle under hot water from the tap and returned to Chelsea, who was lying on her side and happily playing with the activity panel on the opposite side of the crib.
Willow picked her up and settled in the glider chair, getting all snuggly and feeding Chelsea the bottle. Willow watched in awe as the little girl gripped and released Willow’s fingers and picked at the side of the bottle with her tiny finger nails; staring up at Willow with bright blue eyes.

“Wow, you’re so beautiful. Just like your Mo-” Willow stopped abruptly, panicked, as her eyes darted about. Well, she is...I mean girls can notice other girls are pretty. There’s a lot of girls I think are pretty. That’s okay, right? Sure it is.

As Chelsea began to doze off, Willow reminded herself that she and Tara were not friends, in any sense of the word. After all, she was currently blackmailing the blonde and besides, Tara thought she was a complete loser. No, they were definitely not friends.

Several hours later, Tara began to stir and lazily stretched her arms above her head. She yawned and smiled, completely relaxed until a single thought passed through her mind. “Chelsea!” She exclaimed out loud as she leapt off the couch; frantically searching the room for her infant daughter. The house was still and Tara was beginning to panic. She ran to the playpen, but there was no sign of the little girl. It was then that she noticed the Algebra book on the coffee table and her pre-nap memory began to return. Willow... She remembered the crying baby, the Popsicle, then her crying, lying down and then nothing until two minutes ago.

Tara began to search the downstairs. Surely she would have left a note if she took her somewhere, but why would they leave? Tara opened the fridge and noticed two bottles were missing and glancing around the rest of the kitchen, she saw an empty bottle that was washed and upside down in the dish rack. It was then that she heard the familiar thump of someone walking around upstairs and she finally allowed herself to calm down.
As she ascended the stairs she could hear Willow talking and when she peeked through the slightly open door, she saw Willow in the glider chair with Chelsea snuggled against her chest, reading her a book while the baby sucked ferociously on her pacifier. It was one of the sweetest things Tara had ever seen.

“Brown bear, brown bear what do you see? I see a red bird looking at me. Red bird, red bird what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me. Yellow, duck, yellow duck what do you see? I see a blue horse looking at me. Blue horse, blue horse what do you see? I see a green frog...okay, we’re gonna skip that one because your friend Willow does not like green frogs or any frogs for that matter.” Chelsea’s eyes were trained intently on Willow as the redhead continued her anti-frog rant. “You’ll understand when you get older and a boy puts one down your pants. I think they should all be gathered up and taken to live on an island somewhere far, far away. See, it’s because they’re all hoppy and slimy and...” Her voice trailed off as she heard soft giggling coming from the hall. Looking up, she saw the blonde leaning in the doorway and covering her mouth with her hand; trying to stifle full blown laughter.

“Hey, how long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to hear your proposed plan for the expulsion of hoppy green amphibians.” Tara smirked.

“Well, they serve no other purpose except to terrify little girls.” Willow looked at Tara with her best resolve face; completely serious.

Tara laughed again, amused by the strident look on Willow’s face...all over seeing a water color picture of a frog in a children’s book. She padded across the room and held her arms out to Chelsea. “Hey, there’s my little girl!” She exclaimed happily as the child responded in turn by stretching out her little arms as well.

Willow stood, lifting the baby into her mother’s waiting arms and feeling a twang of sadness wash through her. She didn’t want to admit it consciously, but she was completely smitten with the sweet little girl.

“Did you have fun playing with Willow today?” Tara asked rhetorically, not expecting an answer from an infant. She then turned her attention to the temporary babysitter, “Thank you Willow,” She said and receiving a nod in return, “Seriously, you...you didn’t have to stay. Especially after how I...anyway, I-I really appreciate it.”

Willow simply continued to nod, not really knowing what to say and feeling nervous under the gaze of Tara’s intense cobalt blue eyes. “Your welcome,” She replied softly, her bright green eyes locked on Tara’s.

They continued to stare at each other, neither one willing to break the moment as they both wondered what was going on. The world seemed to fade away as the seconds ticked by silently. Willow wasn’t sure exactly how much time had passed and she began to feel incredibly awkward. She blinked suddenly, looking downward and broke the spell. “I um, I got her all cleaned up and fed her a couple bottles. She napped for about ninety minutes and I also changed her...twice.”

“I see that,” Tara said, with an amused smile on her face as she reached out to Willow’s shoulder and brushed away some of the remaining white talcum powder.

“Oh, sorry. I um, I think your talcum powder dispenser is slightly defective. It attacked me...twice and without provocation!”

“Hmm, did you squeeze it? Maybe it was self defense?” The blonde teased with a twinkle in her eye.

Willow returned the smile, playing along, “Well, I was sorta rough on it. Maybe next time I’ll use a kinder and gentler approach.”

“Next time?” Tara asked.

Willow laughed nervously, fidgeting with her fingers and realizing she’d backed herself into a corner. “Oh yeah...well...you know, if you ever need a baby sitter or anything...”

“I thought you already had a job?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “I’m only part time, plus I’m trying to save for a car. So, every little bit counts.”

Tara nodded in understanding. “I will...keep y-you in mind, that is...if I ever n-need anyone.”

There it is again. It’s kind of a nervous stutter. Do I bring it out of her? Do I make her nervous? “Anyway,” Willow said, breaking her mind babble, “I need to get going. I told my Mom I’d be gone about thirty minutes and well, it’s been a little longer than that.”

Tara’s forehead creased in concern, “I’m sorry. Are you gonna be in trouble?”

“Oh, no. I called her earlier and told her I’d be late. She’s fine with it as long as I check in every so often. You know how parents are...”

Tara smiled, “Yeah...um, thanks again Willow. I guess I owe you, huh?”

“No, it was a pleasure, really. She’s uh, she’s really special. You’re very lucky.” Willow replied softly as she ran a hand over Chelsea’s baby soft blonde hair and reverently placed a kiss atop her head.

Tara was at a loss; here was this girl, that she’d been absolutely horrible to, showing a side that Tara had never seen before. An incredibly sweet and nurturing side.

As Tara watched the tender interaction, she realized that she didn’t know anything about the girl, she’d never seen any side other than ‘revenge seeking Willow.’ Maybe because she’d never taken the time to actually look; she’d jumped on Cordelia’s band wagon, taunting and embarrassing the poor girl for no apparent reason. Tara was having feelings that she’d never experienced before, feelings of guilt. Big heaping truckloads of guilt. In that moment of Willow’s pure honesty, every mean spirited thing that Tara had ever said or done came crashing down on her. She wasn’t sure if she should scream, cry, apologize, or just beg for Willow’s forgiveness.

In the end, she did none of those things, having been too much of a coward to voice her true feelings. She simply smiled, nodded and walked Willow out.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
At this point, I can do nothing but go "Awww, lookit the baby~!"

I love Willow's frog rant, and of course, the baby changing sequence. A baby-story isn't a baby-story without one, you know, and you pull it off adorably. Willow should complain about the powder. I mean yeah, poor clothes :c but at least now you're soft and smell nice.

I'm just an older sister, not a mom, but oh man Tara's moment of panic when waking up and not knowing where her kid is is so relateable. I've had many similar instances of panic.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm 
9. Gay Now

OMG! That was so sweet!
Nice to see that both of them are slowly realizing that the other girl is not normally nasty.
Now all we need is "sorry I was mean to you. " and "sorry I blackmailed you. " and we'll be set.

And Willow was so cute with the baby!
Babies might be cute, but Willows being adorable are even cuter :-)

I don't know about Tara, but I'm falling in love.

What a wonderful story to read in bed on a rainy today morning.

Keep up the good work.

R

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Baby doody is HORRIFIC! It seeps into each and every crevice available. So, I give Willow extra credit for taking one for the team, instead of fleeing in horror...lol

Uh,oh....Willow thinks Tara is beautiful *duh* and Tara has noticed how adorable, sweet and nuturing Willow is.

So, it begins....

Great update.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Another wonderful update! I can't really decide who is cuter, Willow or Chelsea...I guess it's a draw! Yay for Tara's conscience to kick in again. Now we only have to wait for the real apology, I kind of imagine both of them blurting "I'm so sorry!" at the same time. I trust that in the future Chelsea will bring them even closer together and I expect it to only be a matter of time until Willow starts tutoring Tara. A big step to friendship and later on love is already made with both of them having realised that the other one can be a caring person. That Willow and Chelsea have formed this immediate bond is even better because I trust Willow to become her momma before the end of this story - and soulmate to her mommy...

I can hardly wait for more!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:29 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I love adorable Chelsea & Willow together.... Big lol for Willow have to be in the hazmat duty... twice... I'm really happy that both have started to see who the other person really is... I really hope that very soon both apologice honestly so that their real friendship can begin... I really hope that Chelsea plays a major role in their realization that they have more than friendly feelings for eachother....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi, Shel!

Oh, that was totally perfect. Even though Willow had never even changed a diaper before, she braved that terrible terrain, and that says something huge considering she still isn't considering Tara a friend...yet. I also remember the months and months of sleepless nights and those kinds of messes. Sometimes nothing short of a bath could get it all completely cleaned up. So Willow definitely earned my respect here, and I think Tara's too. It's nice to see them beginning to see more of what the other is really like.

Tara waking up and freaking is totally realistic. The mama bear instinct, and heart-pounding fear until she could see for herself that her child was safe. Not only safe, but being tenderly cared for by Willow. That would do something to any mother's heart.

I like the prospect of Willow offering her babysitting services. That could be beneficial for everyone. I also liked Willow's little eiphany that Chelsea is beautiful just like her mommy. Yep, I'm liking where this is heading. I'm hoping to see them both offer some form of apology for their past actions, but I just have to wait and see how this pans out.

Great job again!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 am 
2. Floating Rose

Chelsea makes a great catalyst for a thaw in relations between Willow and Tara. I'm curious as to how Tara got pregnant and the identity of the father. I could never change a diaper. Cleaning up after cats is bad enough! Props to Willow!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Wow. Willow is a damned brave soul. Changing a stinky poo diaper with no experience and only wipes. We cloth diapered which meant that we used cloth wipes and warm water. You can't beat it for getting that grossness off a baby. Plus worst case scenario, I would turn a disastrous diaper change attempt into a shower (not that Willow could do that without seeming like a superfreak if Tara happened to wake up). Still, I'm impressed with feeding the baby, diapering, napping, reading. Well done, Willow. How old is Chelsea?

It seems that both girls are gaining some empathy and understanding of the other. More than that, they seem to be realizing how little they know about the other.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:36 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I am really liking this story. It's different from most I've read. I like that Tara is on Cordy's side and has made fun of Willow and her friends. It shows that people can change as Tara seems to be doing and it's not something I have seen before. And Tara's daughter is adorable. I actually didn't see that coming :p I don't know why since it's in the title. I guess I thought well I dunno what I thought, but anyways I am looking forward to an update :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Two entire walls were painted from top to bottom depicting jungle scenes complete with dancing blue elephants and purple hippos with cute brown monkeys frolicking in the trees. It was a true work of art.

And I'm guessing that the art was all done by Tara.

Willow's interactions with Chelsea, changing, feeding and laying her down to sleep has got to be one of the most adorable moments in any WilTar fic ever.

“Holy crap...literally! It’s...it’s green and yellow and ewwww-y and dear Lord, what is your mommy feeding you?!” Willow immediately closed the diaper. She was officially horrified by what she was seeing and smelling. “How can so much come out of something so little? It’s in your...and up your...and I have to clean all that out?”

Lol, Cleaning baby's backsides, the upside to having kids huh :wink

As she ascended the stairs she could hear Willow talking and when she peeked through the slightly open door, she saw Willow in the glider chair with Chelsea snuggled against her chest, reading her a book while the baby sucked ferociously on her pacifier. It was one of the sweetest things Tara had ever seen.

Willow with Chelsea = Awwwww :wink

Love Willow's anti frog rant, very funny and believable in that I could actually see Willow telling hers and Tara's future children abut the serious threat that frogs pose to mankind. Hmmm makes me wonder if she ever saw the Roddy Piper film 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' :P

Perhaps after this thawing in relations between Willow and Tara things will improve between them. Obviously they will though as this is the KittenBoard :derr.

Are we ever going to meet Tara's mother and/or father cos I'm guessing they can't be too happy about being grandparents so young and could we please have a little bit more Willow and Anya. Their interactions are always fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hmmm. Working on Friday.I sure would love to read am update for this sorry. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm 

Deb- As much as I would love to post today, I'm swamped at work this weekend. Homecoming games, dances, family sessions...I'll be lucky to get a post up on Sunday this week:(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:21 pm 

faolan228 - Babies are awesome and I would imagine Tara’s is the most adorable baby ever:) How could Willow possibly resist?

I haven’t had too many panic moments with my kid, but we have a neighbor whose kid disappeared about 7-8 yrs ago. She freaked, called the cops, etc. and we found him hiding in the bushes. :smash

Thanks for the feedback!

Aziraheal - Awww, glad you liked it. :blush Yep, they are on the right track, but I think it’ll be awhile before they really connect. Patience, patience... :grin

Willow is pretty awesome...can you tell I favor her? lol

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm - You ain’t lyin’ sister! I thought it was bad when they were infants, but it just gets smellier when they start eating ‘real’ food. I don’t miss it...at all! Willow gets a gold star in diaper changing. :grin

Yep, looks like they are on the right track...finally!

Thanks for the feedback!

wills redemption - I think they both tip the scales of adorableness!

Tara feeling guilty is a very good thing, hopefully she will apologize soon because they can’t move forward until she does. Chelsea’s baby charms definitely play a part, but it will be up to them both to fix things.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - I think Willow’s ‘only child syndrome’/her super need to be perfect kicked into high gear with the diaper changing. Even though she has mixed feelings about Tara, one thing is certain, she’s completely taken with the baby:)

I think that moment was a turning point for Tara, whether she realizes it or not. Willow could have easily put the baby in her playpen and left or woken Tara up, etc. but she did the exact opposite and Tara’s gotta see something there.

I think they will both apologize at some point, but it’s going to take more than a sweet moment for either to budge much.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rebecca Ashling - Yep, she sure does:) Chelsea’s baby Daddy remains a mystery! At least for a bit longer. Awww, diaper changing isn’t that bad. You get used to it after awhile.

Thanks for the feedback.

JustSkipIt - One good thing Willow has going for her is that she’s responsible and determined, not to mention she likes a challenge. Chelsea is right around 7-8 months.

They are definitely moving in the right direction, but it’s gonna take some time.

Thanks for the feedback!

anonwriter - Hi! :bigwave I definitely wanted to do something different and I’m glad you like it:) They both have some changing to do before things can escalate, but they are finally moving in the right direction. Yeah, that little twist surprised a lot of people. :p

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover - Hmm, Tara doing art work? :hmm Glad you liked the cuteness or Willow and Chelsea:)

Oh yeah, I live to wipe read-ends! lol NOT.

Willow and frogs...it’s gotta be mentioned at some point.

I think it was definitely a turning point for Tara, but Willow is still apprehensive and it’s gonna take more convincing for her to come around completely.

Patience, patience my friend:)

Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (9-23-12)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:22 pm 

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hey everyone and Happy Sunday! This chapter is unchecked for errors...typos, spelling, grammar, etc. PM me if you see something that needs a fixin.’ Sorry about that, but we’re all sick around here with some sort of cold/sore throat virus and well, you know how it goes. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. See ya next week:)

Chapter 8

In the weeks that followed, Willow and the entire gang couldn’t have been happier. The jocks were leaving Xander alone, under threat of death from their coaches and he’d managed achieved a low level of popularity with his pirate-like eye patch. In fact, his doctors had given him the okay to remove it, but he continued to wear it to school anyway.

Willow’s life at school had also improved as the Cordettes hardly acknowledged her existence anymore. All except for Tara who, when no one was looking, would catch Willow’s eye in the halls and smile or throw the redhead a little wave.

Things had definitely changed between Willow and Tara and there was a sort of tactic understanding between the girls. Not only did they share a secret, but they’d shared an experience together that changed them both. They didn’t know it at the time, but that afternoon together was a turning point. Willow had seen a more sensitive, human side of the blonde and Tara saw how responsible and sweet Willow could be. Each girl came away from the experience with a newfound respect for the other.

The girls weren’t exactly friends and they weren’t exactly enemies anymore either. They were somewhere in between, more like frienemies. They each had their own lives, their own set of friends, but occasionally they’re very different lives would converge. So far, those convergences had resulted in something friendly of something combative.

It was these peculiar interactions that led Willow to err on the side of their non-friendship, which is why she was shocked when Tara showed up unexpectedly during one of her shifts at the Doublemeat.

“Hey Red!” Marcie called out towards the back of the kitchen, “You have a visitor.”

A bewildered look crept across Willow’s face as she walked up next to the shift manager, “Who is it?” She asked curiously.

Marcie shrugged her shoulders, “Dunno, but the only way you’ll find out is if you go up there and see,” She said as she gently pushed Willow in the direction of the lobby.

Tara paced nervously in the lobby with Chelsea on her hip, and a diaper bag slung over her other shoulder; still contemplating a run in the opposite direction. She wasn’t sure if she was doing the right thing, but she had to try.

“Tara? Hey...” Willow said as she rounded the front counter.

“Willow! Hi!” Tara said with nervous enthusiasm.

The redhead smiled and reached for the baby’s hand, “Hi Chelsea, hey cutie...how are you?”

The mini blonde responded immediately; smiling and reaching for Willow.

Willow’s eyes met Tara’s, silently asking for permission to hold the squirmy infant. Tara nodded and handed her to Willow.

The redhead scrunched her face and began sniffing around the little girl’s head. “Tara, what’s that smell? It’s kind of a cross between bacon fat and...cat pee?”

Tara’s eyes fell, landing on her feet and she nodded embarrassingly. “Um, I t-think so, but I really don’t know.”

Willow’s brow knitted in concern as she contemplated Tara’s answer. What the heck is she doing here and why does Chelsea smell like this?!

“Tara, let me clock out, it’s my break time anyway. You um...you want some fries and a soda or something?” Tara nodded and Willow handed Chelsea back. “Can you grab us a table in the back? It’s a little quieter back there and we can talk.”

“Okay,” Tara responded.

Willow retreated behind the counter, clocking out, getting the promised food and picking up a hand full of wet-naps in the process, before meeting Tara at the table. Her mind was swimming with questions.

Tara was bouncing Chelsea on her knee when Willow returned, carrying the bright orange striped tray loaded with the promised soda and a large order of fries. Willow sat the tray on the table and reached for Chelsea. “You go ahead and eat, I’ll hold her.”

“Thanks,” Tara said without meeting Willow’s eyes.

Willow immediately began to balance the baby and simultaneously open wet-naps, before obsessively wiping them through the golden blonde locks. “So, what’s going on? Why is she...you know?” Willow asked with concern.

Tara took in a deep breath and exhaled, “I...I don’t even know where to begin.”

“Well, the beginning is always good,” Willow grinned, trying to lighten the atmosphere and eliciting a small smile from the cheerleader.

“Okay, a few w-weeks ago, Chelsea got kicked out of daycare. I was um, late picking her up for about the hundredth time and well, we got booted.” Of course none of this was new information and Willow had to fight to keep her face neutral as Tara continued. “I was in a program for teen-moms and part of the costs were being subsidized. I lost my eligibility when I lost the daycare, so I had to find someone to watch her. We can’t afford much so, I guess this is what I get.” She said, motioning towards her daughter. “I-It wasn’t too bad the first month, but now...today was definitely the worst.”

Willow felt bad, Tara was clearly shaken. “You’re Mom can’t help out?”

“Oh, she was...is, but her work schedule changed. See she was working an eight to five weekday shift and it was perfect, I would drop her off and Mom would pick her up, but her schedule changed and now she’s working a swing shift Wednesday thru Sunday one-thirty to ten-thirty. She um, she keeps Chels home on her days off and takes her to this lady on her way to work, then-”

“You pick her up after practice.” Willow interrupted.

“Yeah, and it seemed like a perfect situation because this lady didn’t care if I’m a little late or not. I mean Chelsea’s only there three days a week for four or five hours a day but...”

Willow understood perfectly, “You’re worried.”

Tara nodded, “Willow, she smells like cat pee!”

“There’s no one else?” Willow questioned as she too munched on a few fries.

Tara looked up at Willow as she chewed on her bottom lip, “Well, that’s kinda why I’m here.” She said as she looked pleadingly into Willow’s deep green eyes. “I um, w-wanted to know if y-you were interested in babysitting for me?”

“Me?” Willow squeaked, “But I already have a job.”

“You volunteered, remember?”

“Oh, yeah...” Willow recalled, pursing her lips tightly.

“I know it’s a long shot but, you’re so good with her and I...I...” Tara squirmed in her seat, “I trust you.” Tara said honestly as she locked eyes with Willow. “You um, you said a few weeks ago if I ever needed anyone and you have early release, right?” Willow nodded. “It would only be three days a week until I get home from practice and Friday nights when I have games. I-I could pay you, not very much, but I could and it would be three less days that you would um, have to wear that uniform,” Tara said jokingly as she glanced up and smiled apprehensively at Willow.

Willow’s mind was churning. Why should she go out of her way to help Tara anymore than she already had? The girl had been mean to her and now here she was asking for a huge favor. A favor that Willow wasn’t even sure she could fulfill and keep her job at the Doublemeat.

“How much?” Willow asked.

“A hundred dollars, that’s what we’re paying now,” Tara sighed. She knew Willow wasn’t making a lot at the Doublemeat, but even so, it was more than she could offer.

“I don’t know Tara, that’s like five dollars an hour and I’m making over seven right now. It kinda puts a crimp in my long term plans and when I said I’d help out, I meant in addition and not to replace.”

“Oh.” Tara replied sadly, wondering why Willow needed a job so badly and what type of long term plans warranted her needing to desperately save money. After all, she was an only child of upper middle class parents and Tara figured she wanted for nothing. “Are you saving for college or something?” Tara asked reluctantly, trying not to come off sounding bitchy. It was none of her business and Willow owed her nothing, but Tara allowed her curiosity get the best of her anyway.

“Oh no, you see, the only reason I have this crummy job in the first place is because my parents won’t buy me a car. They said I had to get a job and whatever I was able to save, they’d match it. I’m so sick of walking everywhere and I really don’t want to be stuck in Sunnydale this summer. I um, I have plans they sorta don’t know about yet.”

Tara nodded, it was obvious Willow didn’t want to share any more information and Tara didn’t push. “I understand but, will you at least think about it?” She plead.

Willow nodded, “I’ll have to do some calculations and talk to my boss. I don’t even know if they’d be willing to work around my schedule anymore than they do right now. This is a really big favor Tara.”

“I know,” Tara sniffled, about ready to burst into tears, “I’m s-sorry, I s-swore I wasn’t going to get emotional. It’s just, if anything ever h-happened to her because I...” Tara’s words trailed off as she struggled to get a grip on her emotions.

Willow eyed Tara curiously, she didn’t know the girl very well and her initial thought was that she was being played. That Tara had turned on the water works to guilt her, but there was something else, something genuine about how the blonde was coming across. Not to mention, Willow was quickly falling for Chelsea and shared Tara’s concern. Even so, Willow still had to think about her priorities and whether or not it was beneficial to her.

Tara nodded her head and smiled up at Willow; knowing they were all talked out on the subject, she decided to re-route the conversation. “Thanks for the fries and stuff. It’s probably my favorite thing on the menu here.”

Willow returned the smile and shifted Chelsea to her other knee, “Thanks for stopping by. I usually just sit out back and read on my break, so this was a welcome change.” She replied brightly.

“Well, maybe we can stop in more often,” Tara said shyly. There was just something about Willow’s ever cheery disposition that warmed Tara’s heart.

“That would be nice,” Willow said sincerely, meeting Tara’s eyes and smiling. She glanced at her watch and the smile faded. “I think my time’s up...gotta get back and feed the masses,” She said rolling her eyes.

Tara chuckled as she finished off the fries and cleaned up the table. “Sorry,” She said demurely, “I guess I was hungrier than I thought.”

“S’okay, I kinda have them at my disposal anytime I want. Hold on a sec, okay?” Willow exclaimed, handing Chelsea to Tara and darting back behind the counter. She returned a few minutes later with a bag and a fresh soda; placing them on the table in front of Tara. Willow shrugged her shoulders awkwardly, “For later, in case you get hungry again.”

“Thanks Will,” Tara said as she gather her things; trying to balance the baby, the diaper bag and her food without dropping anything.

Willow was shocked once again, when she heard her nickname drift out of Tara’s mouth, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She felt a warm tingly sensation flutter through her stomach and goose bumps form on her arms. She was taken aback by her reaction and had no idea what was going on. We’re not even friends! She admonished inwardly. It wasn’t as if she was angry for the use of her nickname, it was more so along the lines of, why. The only one who used different variations of her name was Xander.

Willow shook the thoughts from her head and filed them away for another time. The restaurant was getting busy and she needed to get back.

“I’ll see ya in school,” Tara called out as she made her way to the exit.

“Okay, see ya,” Willow said with a small wave and Tara was gone.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:24 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

Ok, i can't help wondering what Chelsea was doing that she ended up smelling of bacon and cat pee. Crawling around a mad old cat-lady's kitchen maybe?

I love how the two of them are slowly realizing that they like each other, when they're being genuine.
It's nice.
good to see some of the pretense that people think is so important, being stripped away.

I am thinking that Willow is planning to run away when she has a car, unless she's planning a trip to Graceland maybe.
A roadtrip with Tara could be all kinds of fun :bounce

Looking forward to more, keep it up! :flower

R

Last edited by Azirahael on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Gasp! My comment chain has been broken! Azirahael, you combo breaker! xD

What I love is that these are so much more than the typical teen drama you see often. Unlike highschool social standing, etc. there is really so much more at stake here.

Willow is a good soul, and I'm glad Tara can see that now.

Also, maybe Tara can offer Willow a lift, every now and then?

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:13 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really hope the DMP can work around Willow's schedule so she can work both at the DMP and babysit Chelsea... I'm glad that Bitch C's lapdogs have left X-man and Willow alone...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:31 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I can sooooo relate to Tara's plight. When I was searching for daycare, I would walk out IMMEADIATELY if I smelled urine or an abundance of bleach.

I love little Chels. Willow might as well just put in her notice now. Because, there is no way she will be able to resist that little angel.....especially if she is not being cared for properly.

The easier solution would be for Tara to quit. But, it's important that she has some life outside of Chels. Plus, the family seems to be determined to keep the baby a secret. Because of the father perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:57 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Hi Shel!

Ok, so I want dish. The how of baby Chelsea - not the "how", but you know what I mean - baby daddy & all that. And if things are "tight" financially for Tara & mom, are they it? And how is it that Tara gets to run with Queen C? Cordelia doesn't do charity cases, so does being a cheerleader get Tara a pass?

Of course, I also wanna know what Willow's big summer adventure is too. I have theories... Will all that come to a screeching halt at the gloriously chubby little hands of certain blue eyed baby girl?

Is it time for the next chapter yet?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey, Shel!

Oh, so many things here. I'm glad the bullying has cooled off, and it's nice that Tara at least gives Willow a smile or wave, even if she does it when nobody is looking. At least it's something.

Tara showing up unexpected with Chelsea in the shape she was in really broke my heart. That is one of the worst things a parent has to do is leave their child with a stranger and have no idea what is really going on when they're not there. I now have images of poor little Chelsea playing in a nasty cat litter box, and God knows what else. Makes me cringe.

I think Tara is for real here, she really is concerned about Chelsea's well being, and it's nice that she admits to Willow that she trusts her. That's a pretty big step here. I can't help but wonder what exactly is going on with Tara and her mom financially, etc, not to mention how Chelsea came to be exactly. I also can't help wonder that if it's causing such a hardship by her not being there and needing a sitter, why is Tara doing the cheerleading bit? I can understand not quitting school, but some things definitely have to take a backseat once a baby comes.

Anyway, I'm glad she came to Willow. Now I just hope Willow helps her. And what exactly are her plans for the summer.

Ooh, as always, more and more questions. I'm doing my best to be patient. So more soon, please?

Wimpy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next