The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (2-17-13)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday! Another early update:) As always…if you see anything that needs fixing, PM me. Enjoy:)

Chapter 24

Willow and Tara sat on the Rosenberg’s living room floor a few feet apart with Chelsea between them. The infant had been crawling back and forth between the girls, taking the soft plush baby blocks from one to the other and depositing them in their laps. Once Chelsea filled Tara’s lap she would sit up clapping, giggling and cheering for herself. Then she would start over and take them all back to Willow. The game had been going on for some time and all three of them were enjoying themselves immensely.

Ira had retreated to his study while Jen and Sheila remained at the dinner table; sipping coffee, chatting and occasionally looking up whenever Chelsea cheered.

Jen smiled as she glanced in the direction of the living room. “You must be very proud of Willow.”

Sheila nodded, “We are, she’s an exceptional person.”

“And she is absolutely wonderful with Chelsea. I have to admit, when Tara first told me about their plan, I was skeptical.”

“Umm hmm, so was I. Babies are not easy and I was worried she’d gotten in over her head, but I can also see why she’s so taken with Chelsea. She is just the sweetest little thing. You are one lucky grandma!” Sheila chuckled, “I still can’t believe you’re a grandmother, it feels like just yesterday we were crawling around on the floor with those two.”

Jen shook her head and laughed, “No one was more surprised than me. When Tara told me she was pregnant, you could have knocked me over with a feather.”

“I bet that was some conversation.”

Jen shook her head, “She was so terrified to tell me, she waited until she was four months along before she said a word. Which took away all of her options.”

“Was that something she considered?”

“Yes, but there was no way she would have gone through with it. There’s too much love in her heart.”

Sheila nodded in agreement, “Well, it looks like she made the right decision and she really is a fantastic parent for someone her age. Raising a child is difficult even under the best of circumstances.”

Jen smiled, “Never have truer words been spoken and thank you. I’m very proud of the way she is handling things and she gets better everyday, especially since Willow came along. She’s a good influence.”

“Well, no one is happier than me to see Willow interacting with real people rather than her laptop.” Sheila leaned closer and whispered, “We had to lie about not wanting to buy her a car, just to get her out of the house.”

Jen snorted with laughter. “Well, your strategy seems to be working.”

Tara glanced towards the dining room when she heard her mother’s distinct laughter. “Do you think they’re talking about us?”

Willow looked up at Tara, taking her attention from the baby in her lap. “Probably,” She smiled sweetly, “But it couldn’t be any worse than the dinner conversation.” Tara smirked and raised an eyebrow. “Don’t look at me like that, I was only four! Besides, it kinda did…feel good.” Willow squirmed as the blush rose up her neck and across her cheeks.

“I thought you said you didn’t remember doing that?”

Willow leaned towards Tara and whispered, “Well, I lied okay? When you’re mother launches into a story in front of your girlfriend and her mother about how you decided to strip your clothes off and ride your bicycle naked down the street in front the entire population of Sunnydale while shouting, I’m free! I’m free! And this feels so good! You tend to try and back-peddle. No pun intended.”

Tara slapped her hand over her mouth laughing at the adorable redhead. “Hey,” Willow said, pointing at Chelsea. “Your time is coming. She’s already trying to pull her diaper off. I bet you’re gonna be a little exhibitionist, aren’t you?”

Chelsea giggled and clapped her tiny hands together.

“See?” Willow smiled proudly.

Tara shook her head as she continued to laugh and scooted closer. “I liked that, by the way.” She whispered.

“What?”

Suddenly feeling shy, Tara ducked her head and whispered. “When you called me your girlfriend.”

Willow grinned widely, feeling the tingly sensation rush through her chest. “So, do you wanna maybe…” She said, pointing upstairs.

“Yes please!” Tara replied, standing and picking Chelsea up out of Willow’s lap. She held out a hand, pulling Willow off the floor and the three of them headed for the stairs.

“Tara?” Jen called across the room.

“Yes?” She replied as she turned to face her mother.

“It’s getting late and I think we should be leaving soon. Chelsea needs to get to bed and you two have school tomorrow.”

“Oh…okay.” Tara answered back, her face crestfallen. “I um, just left something up in Willow’s room.”

Jen eyed her daughter curiously. “Well, why don’t I hold Chelsea while you go up and find whatever you left. Don’t be long though, okay?”

“Yes ma’am,” Tara said as she handed Chelsea over to her mom.

Willow closed her bedroom door, sighing and falling back against it. It seemed to her like Tara had just gotten there and it was already time for her to leave.

No words were spoken as Tara held her hands out, beckoning Willow to her. The redhead complied, pushing herself off the door and drifting into her girlfriend’s waiting arms.

Tara held Willow close, burying her face in the auburn locks and nuzzling the girl’s neck. She inhaled the gentle fresh scent of Willow’s shampoo and tightened her grip. I could so get used to this.

Willow was having similar thoughts as she wrapped her arms tighter around Tara’s waist. “This is really…nice.” She whispered.

Mmmmhh very,” Tara agreed.

“You feel so warm and soft.” Willow breathed as she lovingly pressed a kiss to Tara’s neck and then another and another, slowly moving up her jaw towards the grand prize.

Tara moaned softly, rubbing circles across Willow’s back and thoroughly enjoying the moment. When she felt Willow kissing closer to her mouth she turned her head and lightly brushed their lips together, but the light chaste kisses soon turned passionate and before they knew it, they were kissing intently. Their mouths were opening and closing against the other, with tongues colliding in a frenzied dance. Several minutes passed before Tara forced herself to release the redhead and take a breath.

They were still gripping each other tightly, with slightly sweaty foreheads pressed together and their bodies shaking with desire.

“I need to get going.”

“I know…”

“I’ll see you in the morning though,” Tara whispered, her breath mingling with Willow’s.

“Yeah,” Willow replied, still snuggling close to Tara.

Tara pulled her arms down from around Willow’s neck and gently cupped her cheeks. She took a small step back as she gazed into the emerald green depths of Willow’s expressive eyes. The girl was looking up at her with such affection that Tara couldn’t resist bringing their lips together again.

They kissed for several long moments before moving apart. “I’m sorry,” Tara said finally.

“It’s okay, Chelsea needs to get to bed and so do we. Besides, the faster we go to sleep, the sooner we’ll get to see each other again.”

Tara smiled at Willow’s logic; she did have a point. “I’ll pick you up at seven? That’ll give us a little time to…”

“Yeah,” Willow smiled, “You can come over earlier, if you want.”

Tara smiled in return, “I’ll try, it depends on little Miss you know who.”

“I know, but seven at the latest?” Willow questioned.

“Yeah, at the latest…” Tara’s words trailed off as she felt Willow’s lips on hers once again.

The phone rang and Willow jumped, answering it within a few seconds. “Hey.”

“Hi, I didn’t wake you again, did I?” Tara asked.

“No, I was hoping you’d call,” Willow replied in a whisper.

“I must have picked up the vibe.”

“I must be sending some pretty strong signals and here I thought I was just lying in bed.”

“You’re snuggling with your puppy, aren’t you?”

“Umm, various sounds of hesitation…”

“I’m totally jealous. I mean, what does he have that I don’t?”

Willow smiled dreamily and clutched the stuffed puppy tighter. “Absolutely nothing,” She whispered.

Tara was also in bed and rolled onto her stomach to get more comfortable. She sighed wistfully. I wish I was that puppy right about now.

“Tara?”

“Hmm?”

“When did you know?” Willow asked as she picked at her puppy’s ear.

Willow was vague, but Tara completely understood the question and wasn’t surprised by it either. “Well, if I had to pinpoint a moment, I guess it was the other night at the football game.”

“Oh…” Willow felt a twinge of disappointment. After all, that was only a few days ago and she thought it would have been much sooner.

“When I saw you up there, with Chelsea and then I hugged you, all I could think about was kissing you. That’s when I really knew, but I’ve felt differently for awhile. Ever since that day Chelsea started crawling.”

“Really?” Willow asked, feeling the tears begin to form in her eyes.

“Yeah, what about you?”

“Same day,” Willow whispered, “When you picked up Chelsea…you’d never looked more beautiful. I’m…I’m sorry I ran out of there like a total freak.”

“You’re not a freak, just confused. It’s a big change…for both of us.”

“Yeah…” Willow sighed as a comfortable fell over them.

“Speaking of changes,” Tara said, “My schedule is changing a little. I meant to tell you earlier, but we kinda got sidetracked.”

“Sidetracked in a good way.”

“Yes, a very good way.” Tara smiled, breathing a little heavier.

“So…you were saying?”

“Oh yeah, my schedule,” Tara giggled lightly, “Anyway, since we’re only cheering for the boys basketball team every other Friday, we decided to only practice a couple days a week. It’ll be Tuesday, Thursday until six and Friday night games. We don’t travel with the team, so when they’re away, I’ll have Fridays off as well.”

Willow was silent as she took in Tara’s words. How could this be? How could they now have even less time together just when they want to start spending more time together.

“Will, are you still there?” Tara asked after hearing nothing but silence on the other end of the phone.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m just kinda bummed.”

“I understand and I know you’re depending on the money. I still plan on paying you the same amount.” Tara said honestly.

“Oh, no baby, it’s not about that. In fact that’s a whole other conversation. It’s just…I mean we’re finally together-together and now we’re gonna have even less time together.” Willow finished her ramble in a flurry to silence on the other end of the phone. “Tare? Tara?”

Tara cleared her throat and flopped over onto her back, with a dreamy smile etched on her face and began twirling some hair around her finger. Willow had referred to her as baby. It was the first time Willow had used any endearment and Tara was elated. She had called Willow sweetie quite a few times without even thinking; it was something she’d picked up from her mother and she was used to saying it to Chelsea. So it seemed natural to say it to Willow as well. Willow never said anything about whether she liked it, but the lack of protest was proof enough.

“Tare?”

“Oh, s-sorry.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I was just thinking that it’s actually a good thing and we’ll be able to spend even more time together.”

“How do you figure? Now you don’t need me on Wednesdays anymore or every other Friday.” Willow pouted.

“Will, I always need you.”

Willow smiled, “You’re very sweet, but I just don’t…”

“You’re missing the point sweetie, I still need you to sit for me on Wednesdays and Fridays, at least until I get home from school. Then we can hang out together for the rest of the day.”

“Oh…oh! Cool, now I see your point. Durrr, big dummy here! I-I just wasn’t thinking and went all panicky for a minute. I guess it’s a good thing I have you to slap me with logic.”

“First of all, you’re not a dummy and secondly…of all, you’re the most logical person I know.”

Willow laughed, “You sound cute when you’re trying to be funny.”

“And you’re cute all the time.”

Willow smiled to herself, enjoying the mutual flirting. “Tare, do you think we can start eating lunch together everyday? I mean, I know we’re going to be riding to school together and then hanging out after school, but I thought it would be nice, you know, to see each other during the day and, and oh gosh, that makes me totally sound like needy clingy girl, doesn’t it?”

Tara chuckled, knowing she’d never tire of hearing the adorable babble. “Will, you’re not needy or clingy. You’re just you and I lo…I would love to have lunch with you everyday.” Tara finished in a whisper, having almost blurted out something that should not be said for the first time over the phone.

“Do you want me to pack us another big lunch for tomorrow?”

“How about I take us out, my treat?” Tara offered.

“It’s a date! Hey, I’ve never actually left campus during the official school day before. I um…I’m not sure that I can.” Willow said, sounding apprehensive.

Tara laughed out loud. “Sweetie, you leave early everyday.”

“I know, but this is different. This is kinda like skipping or something.”

Tara sighed, “I guess you’re a rebel then.”

“That’s me, Willow ‘The Rebel’ Rosenberg!”

“So Miss Rebel, I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Bright and early.”

“Okay, I guess it’s time for me to go. I need to get some sleep before my sweet little alarm clock goes off.”

“Tare,” Willow whispered, “Thanks for calling and for tonight.”

“Anytime,” Tara breathed, “I’ll see you soon.”

“Bye Tare.”

“Bye Will.”

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Dibs.

Ok, sorry I've got to stop forgetting to leave feedback.

But what can I really say? You know I love the story and am looking foward to more - you do know that, right? So if I forget, forgive me. *best puppy dog eyes* Think of like a reminder that I was here, I read and as always enjoyed.

In reading through it again, it seems like Jen maybe has a glimmer of what may be going on, but I don't think to the exact depth yet - they've just become really good friends. Of course, Sheila doesn't seem to have a clue - she's just glad Tara is a real girl!

Besides, it's easy to see only what you want to especially when it comes to your kids and the "S" word.

Heather

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey, Shelby! Oh, what another sweet update. You know, we never said "girlfriend" now that I come to think of it. One night she just said, "So you wanna be my girl?" And there was just something about the way she said it that was so cute and sweet and I think I swooned.

I loved how their family dinner went, and they got in a few more stolen kisses, so yay! You know, they may want to start locking the door cause now I'm paranoid that someone is going to walk in on them. Having to say goodnight and leaving the one you care about can be incredibly hard, but the late night phone call was soo sweet, and Tara almost blurted out the big L word. Oh boy, can't wait til that happens, but of course, face to face is always best for that.

Can't wait to see what happens when Tara starts picking her up for school, and when they leave school for lunch. My mind is racing with the possibilities.

Great job! Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:17 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really loved their after dinner moment with Chelsea and their little alone time upstairs... Big yay for increased together time... I'm glad that they agreed to spend every lunch together, but I'm kinda worried that Bitch C and her lap Mutts will cause problems when they figure it out...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
Feedback. Feed. Back. Why does the back need feeding?

I <3 your story with the intensity of a thousand Willow's hair in the morning lights. It makes my day bright as a Tara smile. :P I'm a big nerd and your story gives me a case of the happies. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Happy to see that they are now officially girlfriends. I think Tara's mom has an idea that her daughter is dating Willow. I'm wondering if she will wait and see if Tara says anything to her or just ask her about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hiya Shelby

Nope, we never had class rings when I was in high school, at least not in the one I went to. I don't know about the public schools like Harrow or Eton, they might use them otherwise I don't know. They might be just an American thing.

The scene with Chelsea and the girls at the start sounds adorable. Whenever I read those particular scenes I can visualise them in my head and they always make me smile.

Poor Tara, being too scared to tell her mother about becoming pregnant by Mayor Richard Wilkins son. I forget his name but anyone who has to threaten and bully others deserves to be forgotten.

“Yes, but there was no way she would have gone through with it. There’s too much love in her heart.”

Never were truer words spoken :love

Love Sheila's reason as to why she didn't buy Willow a car. Obviously she learned her cunning, i.e. discovering that Chelsea is Tara's child, from her mother.

“Well, I lied okay? When you’re mother launches into a story in front of your girlfriend and her mother about how you decided to strip your clothes off and ride your bicycle naked down the street in front the entire population of Sunnydale while shouting, I’m free! I’m free! And this feels so good! You tend to try and back-peddle. No pun intended.”

Ha ha ha ha ha this is hilarious :rofl I just love the idea of a little Willow doing a strip and peddalling away to freedom on her bike shouting at the top of her voice.

“I liked that, by the way.” She whispered.

Suddenly feeling shy, Tara ducked her head and whispered. “When you called me your girlfriend.”

Awww so sweet.

Sweet as the Willow/Tara smoochies were what's going to happen when they want to take their relationship further.

Tara offers to pick Willow up at seven so what time does school start in America. I'd always thought that it started at nine am just like here in England.

Tara cleared her throat and flopped over onto her back, with a dreamy smile etched on her face and began twirling some hair around her finger. Willow had referred to her as baby.

Once more from the peanut gallery...Awww so sweet. Can we have an emoticon for this. :)

Hopefully Tara will say those three magic words at lunch the next day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 am 
5. Willowhand

Lunch date? Awwww.
Rebel rosenberg? Ha!
It's so sweet I'm getting a toothache ;)

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well they are all kinds of adorable. I think it's clear that Tara's mom totally knows or suspects. Very cute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I like that Tara calls Willow before she go's to sleep and i'm glad that Willow didn't full out of bed this time. and having them eat together at lunch will probably piss off Xander more and don't know what will happen when cordelia see's them. And i was wondering if we'll see Tara's Mom going to be dateing that all?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 am 
4. Extra Flamey

My cuteness award goes to Chelsea again, but Willow calling Tara her girlfriend and "baby" and Tara almost letting slip out the big "I love you" made me go awww, too. But I somehow fear that the next update might get rocky, that Cordy and Harmony will get bitchy when Tara and Willow arrive together or in the lunch break...and we might have another appearance of Xander as an idiot...Hopefully our girls will have at least some time for smoochies without getting caught.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 pm 

vampyregurl73-
Of course I know that:) But you know I’m a smart ass and couldn’t resist giving you a hard time, right? :p

Jen may or may not know, but she is definitely seeing some positive changes in Tara. Which, hopefully, will make coming out easier.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729-
Now that I think about it, I have no idea if Chris or I asked each other. I think it was just assumed, but we were adults and since these girls are still in hs…I could totally see them asking.

I know what you mean about locking the door, but I think they felt relatively safe upstairs with the parents occupied downstairs. Going forward though, it’s definitely something they need to think about.

Being in love in hs is tough, especially senior year. You feel like and adult, but you’re still at the mercy of your parents. I used to sneak out…ok, so I only did it once and didn’t even enjoy it because I was too paranoid about getting caught, lol.

Thanks for the feedback? :p

zampsa19752001-
They really are good parents, aren’t they? I think Cordelia is turning out to be more of a non-issue everyday. The longer they’re together, the more confident Willow is getting and taking less crap from Cordy. We’ll see…

Thanks for the feedback!

WillowFish-
The back is hungry! :p

I’m glad you are enjoying my fic:) A thousand Willow’s hair in the morning light…that’s a lot of love!

Thanks for the Feed. Back!

love_2003-
I think Jen suspects something, but she’s not sure what. Perhaps it’s just a small inkling, but she does notice a difference in Tara.

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover-
I think the class ring thing is an American thing….an expensive American thing.

I can also picture the three of them and yes, adorable!

I think regardless of the family name, any teenage would be scared to death to tell her parents she was pregnant; definitely an awkward situation.

Uh, that little naked Willow story was based on something my child did when she was 4. :grin

High school usually starts at 7:25am and ends at 2:25pm. Although, our local hs starts at 7:50am, either way, it’s still entirely too damn early. I used to catch the bus at 6:30am…it sucked!

More sweetness to come!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption-
Yay for warm and mushy! The moment when you define your relationship…always an important one:) I have a feeling that won’t be the only time Chelsea gets asked for wardrobe advice, lol. I don’t know if Jen suspects anything or not…we’ll have to wait and see. Lot’s of firsts and fun stuff to come! :grin

Thanks for the feedback!

Missocki-
Lot’s and lot’s of lunch dates! Hopefully you don’t lose all of you’re teeth with the level of sweetness in this fic! :p

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt-
Tara’s mom definitely notices a change, but not sure if she knows or not.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Willow_Friendly-
Pillow talk with your girlfriend is the best:) I can see this turning into a nightly occurrence.

Not sure what’s going to happen when they start spending more time together at school, but I’m sure at some point they’ll get some crap from someone.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption-
I think Chelsea has the market cornered on cuteness. I don’t know, you may be pleasantly surprised with the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (2-24-13)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 pm 

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday! From this point forward, I’m going to do my best to post every Sunday, however, I’m heading into my busy season. So, posting may get a little erratic. As always…if you see anything that needs fixing, PM me. Enjoy:)

Chapter 25

Surprisingly, their first week as a couple passed without incident. True to her word, Tara picked up Willow every morning, as early as she was able to, so the girls could stop on their way to school and have some quality alone time. They alternated between eating lunch with the gang on the quad one day and going out the next.

For Willow, going out with Tara’s friends had been the biggest and most stressful challenge. The first time out had been awkward, Willow got more than a few looks and several whispers, but she tried not to let it affect her. All she had to do was look at Tara or receive a gentle inconspicuous touch and it was enough to put her mind at ease. The blonde was reassuring and sweet and they were growing closer everyday.

They’d also fallen into a routine over the last five days; Willow would meet Tara at her locker before lunch and then they would head out. Willow would usually linger down the hall, waiting for Cordelia and Harmony to get their things and leave before she approached the lockers, especially if Tara wasn’t there yet.

It was finally Friday and Willow’s third period English teacher sent her to the office with a memo a few minutes before the bell was to ring and allowed her to go straight to lunch from there. When she arrived at Tara’s locker, no one was there at all, so she decided to wait on the green vinyl sofa in the common area; across the hall from the dingy brown lockers. Willow made herself comfortable, sitting cross-legged and pulling a book out of her backpack. She was so completely engrossed in the story that she hadn’t even noticed Cordelia and Harmony at their lockers until Harmony’s high-pitched squeaky laughter pierced her brain like an ice pick.

Willow made a disgruntled face and glanced up briefly over the top of her book. The two girls chatted cattily about the boys in their lives as they adjusted their short skirts and freshened up their hair and makeup. Willow remained still, as not to alert them to her presence; they seemed more high strung than usual. After a few minutes, Harmony pointed down the hall and the girls whispered to each other before turning their backs completely to the blonde girl when she arrived.

The girl clutched her books close to her chest and tried to keep her head up confidently. “Hey guys! What’s on the agenda for lunch today?”

Cordelia simply glanced over her shoulder, giving the girl her snottiest possible look and then turned her nose up. Willow’s brow crinkled, she knew that particular look very well.

”We are going to the Shrimp Shack.” Harmony said, nodding towards Cordelia.

The blonde looked back and forth between the girls. “Oh okay, just let me put my books away and I’ll be all ready to go.”

Cordelia looked at Harmony and rolled her eyes before closing her locker door and facing the petite blonde, “No, we’re going, as in us two and Anya. You get it Buffy?”

Willow’s head shot up at the mention of Anya. The girl had been noticeably absent on the quad during lunch and Xander had been very tight lipped when it came to discussing her.

Buffy simply nodded as she continued putting her books in her locker. “Anya? Umm, okay.” She said with a look of complete and utter dejection as the other two turned and pranced off.

Buffy glanced around and caught Willow’s eye. The redhead looked away; embarrassed she’d been caught staring. She was also stunned to find out Anya was getting in deep with Cordy. That’s why I haven’t seen her around much. Talk about your, out with the old and in with the new.

Buffy meandered over awkwardly, breaking Willow’s train of thought and causing her to squirm uncomfortably. She acted as if she was interested in her book, glancing up at Buffy and then back down again, but not making eye contact.

“Hey,” Buffy said as she sat down cautiously next to the nervous redhead.

“Hey,” Willow replied as she absently flipped through several pages of her book.

“So, I guess you’re waiting on Tara huh?” Buffy asked after a long awkward moment of silence.

Willow nodded, “Yeah, she’s late. Have you seen her around?”

Buffy shook her head, “Not since second period, but that’s the last class we have together until after lunch. So, I guess you heard that uncomfortable little exchange…”

Willow looked at Buffy with worried eyes, nervously toying with the edges of her book. “Oh! I’m sorry, I-I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.”

Buffy shrugged, “It’s fine, I’m getting used to you seeing my less than stellar moments,” She said with a slight laugh.

Willow smiled, feeling less nervous and a little sorry for the girl. Willow knew all too well what it was like to be on the receiving end of rejection. “Hey, why don’t you have lunch with me and Tara today? She’s allergic to shrimp, so I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere near the Shrimp Shack.”

“Are you sure? I mean, I don’t want to intrude…” Truthfully, Buffy totally wanted to intrude because the thought of eating alone and being gawked at was something she did not want to endure.

“No, it’s fine, you’re more than welcome.”

Buffy looked up and met Willow’s eyes with trepidation, “Thanks, I think my days as a Cordette are pretty much numbered, if not completely gone already.”

“And that’s a bad thing?” Willow slapped her hand over her mouth and her eyes widened; suddenly realizing she probably just insulted the cheerleader. “Oh, I’m sorry…I-I didn’t mean it like that! I just meant…okay I did mean it like that, but it’s just…well they’re not all that welcoming anyway and I-I don’t see how you could really be yourself around them and after what they did last week they don’t seem to be what I would call real friends and well, who needs them anyway?!” Willow finished with a flourish and a sharp nod of her head.

Buffy’s eyebrows were both arched and she wore a completely astonished expression. “Wow, that was the mother of all babble. You get an A+ from me!”

Willow grinned and poked out her tongue. “Well, thank you, I am an overachiever!”

With the ice officially broken, Willow and Buffy continued to chat casually until Tara appeared at her locker in a what could only be described as a panicked rush.

“Hey Tare!” Willow called out to her girlfriend, “Over here!” She said as she waved a hand and put her book away.

A look of relief flooded Tara’s features and she grinned brightly. Willow looked completely adorable today and Tara was smitten from the moment she’d picked her up for school earlier that morning.

Willow had her hair cut a few days earlier, shedding her long red locks for a shorter shoulder length cut. She told Tara she was tired of dealing with it and wanted a change. Willow’s long-sleeved red cotton tee shirt under the blue overalls enhanced the glow of her hair even more. The ensemble was rounded out with a beaded choker, black Keds and multi colored socks. She looked comfortable and very Willow-like, something Tara had come to adore. Willow definitely had a style all her own and Tara no longer cared if it was the popular style or not. It was Willow and she wouldn’t want her any other way.

Tara was so entranced with her girlfriend that it took a moment before she realized Buffy’s presence. Her curiosity was peaked and so was her worry. Tara wasn’t sure if she trusted Buffy alone with the redhead for fear of the girl hurting Willow’s feelings. She had to admit however, that Buffy appeared humbled after the vomiting incident, as it came to be known. Buffy had made a point of saying ‘hi’ to Willow whenever they passed in the halls and was being nicer to Tara as well. Plus, there was nothing to suggest the two girls were having anything more than a friendly chat.

“Hi, sorry I’m late. Hey Buffy…not that I mind but, what are you doing here?”

“Just keeping Willow company while she was waiting for you.” Buffy smiled sweetly.

“I invited Buffy to have lunch with us. Is that okay with you ba…Tara?” Willow almost slipped and called Tara baby; her face was practically glowing red as she stood and threw her backpack over her shoulders.

“Oh yeah, it’s fine.” Tara replied, with a questioning look; getting Willow’s shrugging shoulders as a silent answer.

Buffy hopped up, completely clueless to Willow’s near slip of the tongue. “Cool, so where are we going?”

“I was thinking Rusty’s? I have coupons,” Tara said.

Willow and Buffy both smiled in agreement as the three girls set off for lunch.

If Willow was pleasantly surprised by Buffy’s behavior, she was stunned to find out that many of the other cheerleaders were also quite nice and nothing like Cordelia or Harmony; at least when the latter two weren’t around. They’d run into several of the girls upon entering the restaurant and were invited to sit at their table.

Willow stayed relatively quiet while the others chatted amicably, discussing cheerleading, dancing, and boys. Three things Willow had very little interest in, unless Tara was doing at least two of those things and then maybe her attention would be piqued. Otherwise, she was at a loss.

Tara noticed how unusually non-verbal the redhead was and discreetly reached under the table and patted her on the knee. Willow smiled at the reassuring gesture; allowing her hand to drop under the table and linking their fingers together for several seconds. That was all it took before Tara announced she needed to use the restroom, with Willow agreeing to go with her.

Tara gently rapped her knuckles on the bathroom door and finding it empty, entered and motioned for Willow to follow. Luckily for them, it was a single restroom. Once inside Willow locked the door and found herself being tugged forward by the straps on her overalls.

“Mmmhmm,” Tara moaned as she wrapped her arms around Willow’s neck and brought their lips together. When Tara felt Willow’s lithe arms wrap around her waist, she deepened the kiss for several long seconds. “Hi,” She breathed, pulling back slightly.

“Hi,” Willow returned breathily and she pressed their foreheads together.

“Sorry about lunch turning into a group event,” Tara said.

“It’s okay, it’s my fault for asking Buffy. She just looked so sad…”

Tara nodded and massaged the back of Willow’s neck; it was an unconscious action and she couldn’t have stopped herself if she’d tried. “Cordy’s been blowing her off left and right ever since last Friday.”

“Is she being mean to you too?” Willow asked.

“No, you’re little plan seems to be working,” Tara grinned.

Earlier in the week when they’d decided to try and spend all of their free school time together, Willow had been worried about repercussions aimed at Tara. So, she hacked into the school computer, found the computer class lesson plans and was secretly feeding Cordelia information through Tara. As long as the information flowed and Cordy’s grades improved, albeit only slightly, harassing Tara was put on the back burner.

“Are you okay?” Willow asked out of the blue.

Tara cocked her head quizzically. “Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Well, you were so late for lunch today and I was kinda worried.”

“Ohhh, sorry sweetie,” Tara cooed, kissing Willow sweetly on the nose. “I had to um…pump,” She said, glancing down briefly at her chest.

“Pump? What do you mean? Oh…”

Tara smiled at Willow’s surprised expression. “The nurse, Mrs. Klein? She knows about my situation and lets me come down and pump when I’m a little overly abundant.

Willow smiled goofily and quipped, “That’s like, all the time, huh?”

“Hey! Little vixen…” Tara exclaimed with false indignity. “Anyway, she let’s me store the milk in her mini fridge and pick it up after school.”

“Do you have to do it often?” Willow asked as she absently rubbed Tara’s lower back.

Tara shook her head, “Not too much, it just depends on how much Chel’s eats in the morning. I guess she wasn’t very hungry today. I don’t mind it’s better than leaking all over the place.”

“Gosh, that seriously never crossed my mind before. Tare, what do you do at practice? You know, when they’re all…um…bouncy?”

Tara giggled at Willow’s obvious embarrassment. “I wear a very strong sports bra, sometimes two and nursing pads. I’m always praying they don’t come flying out.”

“Now that would be hard to explain.”

Tara laughed and then sighed, “I guess we’d better…” She said, motioning towards the door.

“Yeah,” Willow replied, pulling Tara closer and kissing her one more time. “Except, I actually have to um…a-and normally I would just go, but I have overalls and…”

Tara smiled, kissing Willow again before opening the door. “I’ll see you back at the table.”

Willow nodded, blowing Tara a kiss before shutting the door and going about her business.

Later that evening, after getting Chelsea to bed, Willow and Tara snuggled on the couch watching The History Channel just enjoying some alone time together.

“Those darn Salem judges! With their less-Satanic-than-thou-attitudes…” Willow rambled grouchily.

“Oh honey, let me change it. The Discovery Channel has koala bears!” Tara lifted her head from Willow’s shoulder and reached for the remote, but was stopped when Willow picked it up first and shut the TV off. “Oooo-kay, maybe not…”

Willow sat the remote on the end table and cuddled deeper into her girlfriend. “Mmmm, this week was like, the best week of my life.”

Tara grinned and pulled Willow tighter to her side. “I definitely like this schedule better than the last.”

“And just think how much more time we’d have if there was no practice at all.”

“Willow…” Tara scolded.

“Sorry, I just figured it was worth a shot.”

Tara giggled, “I refuse to give up my high pony tail!”

Willow snorted, absently playing with Tara’s fingers.

“Will?”

“Yeah?”

“Would you like to s-sleep together-I mean over, again tonight?”

“What?” Willow gulped and her entire body stiffened and she replied somewhat alarmed. “I mean, I-I-I don’t think I’m ready for…”

Tara sat up, looking Willow in the eyes and brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear. “Hey…it’s okay. I didn’t m-mean for that. I just thought it would be nice, the um…the snugglies?”

“Ohhh, that type of together…of course. I thought you meant the naked-kind-of-together…not that I don’t want to, it’s just that all this is so new and I know we’ve been friends for awhile, but the naked snuggles would seem really, really soon and…” Willow’s rant was cut short by Tara’s lips descending upon hers. After a few seconds Tara pulled away and Willow grinned. “Ummmm, what was I saying?”

“I’m not really sure…you were babbling.” Tara picked up Willow’s cell and shook it slightly in front of her. “Here, call your Mom.”

“Okay…right…Mom…call…” Willow rambled incoherently; distracted by the girl placing butterfly kisses along her jawline. “Taara…”

Tara smiled slyly, “Sorry, I’m gonna go call and okay it with my Mom as well.”

Tara moved to get up and Willow grabbed her wrist; pulling her back. “Wait!” She exclaimed and passionately kissed Tara into a puddle. A wicked little grin spread across her face, “You can go now, I think my work here is done.”

Tara sighed wistfully, “Such a little tease…” as she floated on a cloud into the kitchen to call her Mom.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm 
8. Vixen

Dibs!

Yes, I know you're a smartass, it's part of your charm. :wink

I mentioned in another bit of feedback that currently I have two stories that I look forward to the updates for a little more than the others I'm reading. It was one and this is the other.

I like the progression. I like how open Tara is in her affection with Willow - they may be in the closet still, but if the closet had windows they'd be fogged up. She seems more considerate knowing that Willow has never dated anyone, and while she is the one with a little more experience it's still new ground for the both of them. Ahh, young love...

I also thought how you have Cordy and Harmony as "the bearers of bad feeling" was true to form, and that without them around to instigate, the rest of the girls treated Willow like "just one of the girls" at lunch. From what I remember of high school there were always a few really nasty girls that seemed to get off on making the girls that didn't fit the mold, for whatever reason, really miserable, and boy do those two fit that description. There's a reason the movie "Mean Girls" was a teen hit...

I'm curious as to what you have up your sleeve as Cordy and Harmony continue to alienate and play "favorite girl of the week", and what Anya may be up too as well. Why do I have a feeling she's going to be the one that will blow Willow and Tara's cover, and maybe in part to get back at Xander. AND Xander! What is up with that?!

So revel us with your wonderful tale, O Great One. :bow :bow :bow

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am 
2. Floating Rose

Second dibs!

I'm so glad that they are realizing that it's mostly just Cordy and Harmony who are like a poison pill for social situations. Those bitches need to get knocked down a few pegs.

Last edited by WillowFish on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for blissful week... I guess Buffy is going to be kicked out of Bitch C's Mutt-pack... I wonder if X-man's behavior is somehow linked to Anya joining the Mutt-pack...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I'm so glad that Buffy is taking an interest in being a friend to Willow. And i really like to know why Anya is hanging out with Cordelia and i'm worried that Anya will tell Cordelia things about Willow and Xander. And i might have to go back a couple of chapter's to see if Anya see's something going on with Willow and Tara that she might tell Cordelia about. And i was wondering if we'll see Faith in the story?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that the rest of the cheerleaders aren't as mean as Cordelia and Harmony. I'm wondering why Anya is even hanging out with Cordelia and Harmony and if Xander even knows. It seems that Buffy is realizing who here true friends are now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
he little naked Willow story was based on something your own daughter did when she was four!!!!! I suddenly feel very dirty and ashamed. :shame

School starts at seven in the morning!!!!! You're right that is sucky, plus the kids would be home early and interrupt any quality Willow and Tara time you may be having, so unfair, so very unfair.

A big YAY to Willow and Tara as a couple, going to school together, having many vicarious smoochies, lunching together, more smoochies. It's just so sweet and nice and sweet. :sigh

For Willow, going out with Tara’s friends had been the biggest and most stressful challenge.

Hold on, I thought that Tara's friends were the Cordettes and I'm pretty sure that Cordelia would buy off the rack before allowing Willow to hang with them. If Tara has some other friends who are they and why haven't we met them yet?

Cordelia looked at Harmony and rolled her eyes before closing her locker door and facing the petite blonde, “No, we’re going, as in us two and Anya. You get it Buffy?”

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, say it ain't so joe, er I mean Shelby ;) Please don't tell us that Anya has joined with the enemy.

I really feel for Willow and Buffy here cos I've been at that harsh end of the wedg(i)e too. And it was even more awkward as I was in an all boys school so you were expected to man up at all times, whatever the frilly heck that means.

Love the conversation between Willow and Buffy as the latter realises that her days as a Cordette (why does that phrase sound so much like it's a car) and the former essentially tells Buffy she's better off without them. And a big YAY to Buffy becoming friends with Willow and Tara, at least they have another ally if Cordy or her lap dog try anything with Willow and Tara.

Willow looked completely adorable today and Tara was smitten from the moment she’d picked her up for school earlier that morning.

Willow is always adorable and cute and beautiful and gorgeous and sexy and yes, it's not just Tara who's smitten with the awesome little redhead. :sigh :drool

“Ohhh, sorry sweetie,” Tara cooed. “I had to um…pump,” She said, glancing down briefly at her chest. Tara's chest :drool

“Gosh, that seriously never crossed my mind before. Tare, what do you do at practice? You know, when they’re all…um…bouncy?”

Tara's bouncy breasts :drool :thud :drool :thud :drool :thud

Tara giggled at Willow’s obvious embarrassment. “I wear a very strong sports bra, sometimes two and nursing pads. I’m always praying they don’t come flying out.”

It makes me think of four year old Willow in the last chapter yelling out I'm free, I'm free. Sorry about the gutter brain, this always happens when I read stories about my two favourite girls. ;)

Wow, Tara's going pretty quick there isn't she. I mean I can understand her wanting to sleep with Willow because she's hot, but still they've only been a real couple for about a week, Surely she could wait a month or two before they get with the naughties.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh Shelby, Shelby, Shelby...so much going on here, I'm sure I'll forget something but I'm gonna do my best.

I love Tara picking her up early for school -- very much of the good for at least a little early quality alone time. I just hope they have a nice, secluded, safe place for that alone time because being busted is just...unpleasant. I mean, of course, I assume it would be. :blush And oh yeah, they might want to watch out for security cameras. Just sayin'.

I see that Buffy is pretty much kicked out of Cordy's club. No great loss in my opinion. After the way they were basically going to leave her to the wolves at the party, along with many other reasons, she's much better off without them. It may not be fun for her at first, but I have a feeling she'll get over it. Plus, she's making an effort to be friendly with Willow, so that right there is something good that came from it.

I'm giving Willow major props for coming way out of her comfort zone and having lunch with Tara's other cheerleader buddies. I don't even think I could handle that. Of course, having Tara there with a smile or a touch would make it all worth it. And the little stolen moments are definitely a big bonus, no matter where they are. The whole pumping, bouncy Tara conversation...well you know, I just had to picture that in my mind for at least a good hour...or two.

And then, finally, their snuggle time on the couch is wonderful. Tara taking, I think, a little initiative in asking her to stay over for "snuggles" is sweet, but I can't help but wonder about the little Freudian slip. It is still very early in the relationship, but I have a feeling other things are already on her mind. I'm glad Willow admitted she isn't ready for that. There's no hurry, and sleep-over snuggles are perfect for where they are right now, although there is that certain degree of temptation that could make it very interesting.

Now you leaving it where you did just makes me wonder about what's coming next. I'll just leave it at that...for now. :grin

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm 
3. Flaming O

Love your story. Love the girls

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 pm 
5. Willowhand

:banana
Yeah, the girls are being so adorable! Snuggles are good...
I'm glad the first week went sell, but I swear I can feel the other shoe is tapping my head, waiting to drop. :gnome
But yay for :wtkiss :wtkiss :wtkiss . Yuppers. Good stuff.

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:19 am 
4. Extra Flamey

So this first week went much better than we all feared...obviously thanks to Willow's clever idea that Tara makes herself so useful for Cordy by helping with school stuff that Cordy doesn't dare to harass her now...but I doubt this truce will hold forever. Yay for Willow and Buffy becoming more and more friendly with each other! That the same can be said concerning Anya, Cordy and Harmony puzzles me though... didn't Anya threaten Cordy with a baseball bat or something not so long ago and why would Cordy all of a sudden accept the ex(?)-girlfriend of the "looser" Xander?

Now I'm looking forward to more alone-time for our two girls...go snuggles!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Shelby,

Caught up and again and loving it. You nail the whole wild gamut of ecstasy to humiliation: first love, teen-age bitchiness, and raging hormones mingling with incredible sweetness. I LOVE THIS STORY! :clap :applause :clap

BUT I'm worried about Chelsea saying "Mama". Yes, reveled in the cuteness buuuuuuut she is going to out her Mommy in public and soon, that's my fear. Then again, it has to happen, but I'm worried . . . . see how you've totally drawn me in! :flower :love :flower

Anyway, keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm 

vampyregurl73-
Smart ass charm…the best kind. :smug

Quote:
I have two stories that I look forward to the updates for a little more than the others I'm reading.
Awwww…thanks!

I think they will both realize they need to open the closet door eventually, but for now, staying in and getting comfortable is more important.

Isn’t there always one or two girls in a group that have a way of swaying everyone else? In HS I had a close friend that was a cheerleader. Away from the group she was one of the sweetest people on the planet, but when the other girls were around…unpleasant. It’s peer pressure at it’s zenith.

Thanks for the feedback!

WillowFish-
Thanks for the feedback? :p

zampsa19752001-
Buffy will be better off in the long run if she’s given the boot and who knows what’s in store for us with the rest of the ‘gang.’

Thanks for the feedback!

Willow_Friendly-
I think Buffy’s little party experience really opened her eyes to the merits of Cordelia’s “friendship.” If you remember, Anya started out with the Cordette’s before she met Xander. Now that she and Xander are having issues, she is gravitating back in that direction. Hopefully she doesn’t turn on the girls.

Thanks for the Feed. Back!

love_2003-
The other girls aren’t normally as mean as Cordy and Harmony, but put them all together and who knows what may happen. Anya with Cordy and Harmony…could be nothing or she could be up to something…

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover-
Tara is friends with all the cheerleaders, not just the inner circle. Normally there are anywhere from 12 to 20 girls on the varsity cheer squad. Like in canon, these girls were in the background and I chose to only focus on the main group we were all familiar with.

Anya started out with the enemy and only diverted from them because of Xander. Now, she’s back…maybe.

Buffy is coming around, just as Tara did. No one can resist “Willow-sweetness.”

Thanks for the feedback!

Wimpy0729-
I’m sure the girls have a nice cozy place for their early morning smoochies. :grin So, no worries.

I think Buffy learned a hard lesson at the party and realized how bad it could have been if Tara had not come to her rescue. She is definitely better off without them, but how will she cope???

Willow definitely grew a pair and faced an uncomfortable situation head on. It goes to show how much she cares for Tara. She and Buffy are becoming fiends too, so she actually had both sorta on her side, so I’m sure that helped. Bouncy…ummmm. My thoughts were right there with yours! :p

It is early in the relationship, but they’re teenagers and those thoughts are a given, lol. I don’t think they’ll do anything, but it was definitely a slip on Tara’s part.

Thanks for the feedback!

bluepaintbox-
Yay! Glad you like!!

Missocki-
I think adorableness just comes naturally for both of them!

Thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption-
You may be right about the truce lasting forever, nothing ever does, but we’re going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Anya started with Cordy’s group and is kind of going back since she and Xander aren’t really an item anymore. She did get crazy on Cordy at the Bronze, but I’m sure they’ve moved past it.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Ariel-
Yay…she’s alive!! Lol I was just thinking about you over the weekend…

Ahhh, the teen years of massive confusion. A place I NEVER want to see EVER again! :p

Chelsea could eventually give it all away, but we’ll just have to wait and see. It may just end up being the easy way for Tara. After all, who can resist the incredible cuteness that is Chelsea anyway???

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

Post subject: Re: [AU] Baby Makes Three (3-11-13)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 pm 

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and Happy Monday! Sorry about the lack of an update last week. It’s going to be tough for me to update weekly for the next couple months, but I'll do my best. March starts my busy season and unfortunately, there’s only so much time in the day. Between now and the beginning of May, I’m working pretty much non-stop and I do have to sleep sometime… :sleep Anyway, if you see anything that needs fixing, PM me. Enjoy:)

Chapter 26

As if on a strict schedule, at precisely four am, a shrill scream echoed through the baby monitor in Tara’s bedroom. Tara’s eyes popped open and she groaned slightly; more than used to being awakened at all hours of the night. Willow’s reaction, however, was far more dramatic.

The redhead had been sleeping soundly, cuddled against Tara’s back and breathing heavily when Chelsea’s screech caused her to shoot straight up and shout, “Don’t warn the tadpoles!” Startling Tara and nearly knocking her on to the floor.

“Shhhhh, sweetie. It’s okay.” Tara whispered, rubbing Willow’s back and trying to gently calm her girlfriend.

Willow was disoriented and her hair was sticking out in all directions. “Tara, what are you doing here?” She asked in an alarmed tone.

Tara half smiled, reaching up to smooth down some of the wild red tresses. “We’re in my room Will, you’re sleeping over, remember?”

“Oh, I…” Willow shifted awkwardly and glanced around; trying to quell her confusion and the hazy dream that was still lingering in her sleepy mind.

“Don’t warn the tadpoles?” Tara asked.

“I…I…I have frog fear.” Willow was completely embarrassed. “Sorry, I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

Tara cupped Willow’s chin, pulled her close and gently kissed her on the lips. “No, I’m fine.” Tara mumbled just as another loud shriek echoed through the monitor.

“Oh God! Why is she screaming like that? I-Is she alright? What time is it? Wha-” Willow exclaimed, interrupted again by Tara’s lips. She smiled sleepily when Tara pulled away.

“She’s fine, just hungry. I’ll be back in a bit, okay?”

Willow nodded as Tara hopped out of bed to change and feed her cranky infant. Willow sighed and dropped back on her pillow with her hands behind her head; listening intently as Tara whispered and hummed to Chelsea. The baby quieted, but continued to grumble and fuss. Willow threw the blankets aside, deciding to make a bathroom run while Tara was occupied. She returned a few minutes later to find Tara propped up in the bed and breast-feeding Chelsea.

“Hey,” Tara said sheepishly.

Willow stopped in the middle of the room. “Hey, is everything okay?”

“Yeah, she didn’t feel much like settling down. I guess she’s used to being in here at night. I um, think I created a monster…sorry.”

“Oh no, it’s fine.” Willow was shifting from foot to foot and nervously wringing with her hands. “I’ll just sleep over here in the chair or on the floor or something…” She was definitely disappointed, but she understood and would never think of disrupting their routine.

“Baby, c’mere…” Tara said, reaching out her left arm. Tara opened and closed her hand several times as she beckoned for Willow to come closer.

Willow tentatively moved forward, taking Tara’s out stretched hand and sitting gingerly on the side of the bed. The girl was a nervous wreck, her heart pounding and her breathing shallow. Willow tried desperately not to stare, but the thought of actually seeing her girlfriend’s naked breast was just to enticing.

“Will, come up here, please? I-I want you in the bed with me…with us,” Tara whispered, pulling Willow closer.

Willow thought she should say something in protest, but seeing Tara breast feed, up close and personal, was having a profound effect on the redhead. Willow finally acquiesced and slowly crawled in next to Tara. Willow was shaky as she laid her head on Tara’s shoulder and watched as she fed her daughter.

“Wow…” Willow breathed, reaching out and cupping the back of Chelsea’s head; gently rubbing her thumb over the soft downy blonde hair. After a moment, Willow’s hand began to drift down across the tiny back and eventually rested on Tara’s arm. Willow snuggled silently for a long time, in awe as she watched the miracle unfold before her eyes.

Normally, just the mere thought of her girlfriend’s naked breasts would have thrown her into an overly aroused frenzy, but this…this was completely different. It was the most incredibly beautiful thing she’d ever seen. Willow had seen Tara feed Chelsea numerous times before, but it had all been from a distance and without actually seeing the connection between mother and child. Willow had never really understood the true beauty in the experience, until now.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Tara said, finally breaking the silence.

Willow nodded in agreement and whispered, “You both are.”

Tara’s heart swelled; she had never before been with anyone that had treated her with such genuine kindness. It was the same kindness Tara saw in Willow the day she returned her math book and then stayed to care for Chelsea. Tara felt the affection radiating off of Willow as she rocked and read to Chelsea. A small and random act of kindness that set in motion a series of events that Tara could never have imagined, not even in her wildest dreams.

Willow glanced up, staring at Tara and looking as if she wanted to say something as her mouth opened with no words coming out.

“Willow?” Tara whispered nervously, seeing the play of emotions on Willow’s face. “Are you okay?”

The redhead paused, lifting her hand and running her knuckles across Tara’s jaw; gathering her thoughts before answering.

“I just…I-I,” Willow stammered. “Do you really want to know?”

Tara nodded, “I always want to know what’s going on in there.” She said, kissing Willow’s hand as it brushed across her lips and locking her cobalt blue eyes on the emerald green ones a few inches away.

“I was wondering if it was possible,” Willow whispered, as the blush began to creep across her cheeks.

“What?”

Willow took a deep breath, “I was wondering, if it was possible to love you anymore that I do right now.” Willow said without hesitation, “Both of you.”

Tara gasped as the tears began to form; stinging in the back of her eyes. “You…you love me?” She asked.

Willow nodded, “I love you Tara Maclay, more than I ever thought I could love anyone.” Willow thought she should be scared or nervous, but she wasn’t. Declaring her love for Tara seemed like the most natural thing in the world. It wasn’t something she planned on saying, especially not after being romantically involved for less than a week, but it just felt right. Willow had known for a long time that she loved Tara, but it wasn’t until this moment that she realized she was in love with her and there was no way she’d be able to let it go without saying. “A-And I know it’s soon, maybe too soon to say it, but the thing is…I’ve known for awhile and I…I…normally don’t use so many words to say something so small, but…do you get it…at all?”

Tara sniffled, “Not small,” She breathed, leaning forward and pressing their lips together. When the kiss ended, Tara blinked and a few tears dripped freely down her ivory cheeks.

“Oh baby…please don’t cry, I-I didn’t mean to upset you,” Willow stammered.

Tara shook her head and whispered, “Not upset.”

“They why-”

“Happy, very, very happy.”

“Oh…”

Tara shifted and attempted to move Chelsea, but the mini vacuum had no intention of letting go and redoubled her efforts.

Willow giggled softly, “I guess she never wants to let go of you either...”

Tara didn’t reply, she simply looked reverently upon her beautiful daughter. She was completely overwhelmed with emotion and unable to verbalize what she was feeling for fear of breaking down completely. They both sat silently for sometime, watching Chelsea until Tara was finally able to dislodge the child.

Willow, longing to participate, held out her hands allowing Tara to easily slide the sleepy infant into her waiting arms. She gently settled Chelsea on her chest; closing her eyes and nuzzling her cheek against the soft blonde hair. She began to pat and rub her back for several moments until she got the desired outcome in the form of a loud burp.

Both girls smiled as Willow moved slightly so she could tuck the infant securely between them. Once the task was completed, she turned towards Tara who reached out; cupping her cheeks and kissing her deeply.

Tara had been relatively quiet after Willow’s surprise revelation and had yet to put words to her feelings. So she did what came natural and poured every ounce of emotion into the kiss, but she knew in her heart, Willow deserved to hear it as well. Tara finally ended the kiss and pulled back slightly, rubbing the pads of her thumbs gently across Willow’s cheeks. “I love you too,” She finally whispered.

Willow smiled and tried to keep her emotions at bay, but it was no use and a hiccupping sob escaped. The entire time she’d been trying to play it cool and although she wasn’t scared to express her feelings, she was worried Tara would not return them.

“Oh sweetie…” Tara said, pulling Willow to her over the top of her sleeping infant. They held on to each other for a long time, until Willow calmed. They kissed again before lying down, with Chelsea between them and drifted off to sleep.

Sleeping in the same bed with the person you are in love with is just about the most intimate and emotionally satisfying thing someone can do. At least those were Willow’s thoughts as she awoke to the angelic face of the gorgeous girl sleeping soundly next to her. She longed to snuggle, but Chelsea was still between them and she didn’t want to wake Tara, she looked so peaceful.

Willow continued to watch her love sleep until she heard little coos from the baby. Chelsea was awake and as soon as Willow made eye contact, she quickly flipped herself over and began to climb on top of her Will-Will. The redhead rolled on her back to allow the tiny blonde to climb on her belly; taking baby knees to the ribs.

“Ugh,” Willow grunted as the baby giggled and bounced happily. “Shhhhh,” Willow shushed with an index finger to her lips as Tara groaned and turned on to her opposite side; snoring softly.

“Come on you,” Willow whispered, “Let’s let Mommy sleep.”

Willow cradled Chelsea and rolled out of bed; turning off the baby monitor and taking Chelsea to her room. Willow changed her diaper and dressed her in a comfortable cotton onesie. She also grabbed an extra before heading downstairs as she knew the little girls’ raucous eating habits very well.

It was still early and she was the only one up when she entered the kitchen, mindlessly rambling to Chelsea.

The little girl was entranced with Willow as always, cooing, giggling and clapping her hands. There was no denying the close bond the two shared.

An hour or so later when Jen emerged from her downstairs bedroom, she found Willow and Chelsea sprawled out on the family room floor, surrounded by toys, perched on pillows and snuggled together watching cartoons. Chelsea was snug in the crook of Willows arm and vigorously sucking on her pacifier. Jen smiled to herself as she turned around to retrieve her camera. They were just too cute not to capture the moment. She snuck around the corner and took a quick picture without alerting either of them. Jen smiled to herself; both Willow and Chelsea were lying in the same position with equally focused looks on their faces. The only difference was that Willow didn’t have a pacifier.

Jen slid the camera in her robe pocket and cleared her throat. “Good morning,” She said cheerfully.

“Morning,” Willow replied with a wide grin, never moving from her spot on the floor. She was completely comfortable at Tara’s house and with her Mom; it had become like a second home to her.

Chelsea sat up, squealing and clapping her hands before pushing off Willow and crawling rapidly towards her grandmother. Jen squatted down and welcomed her with open arms.

“Come to Nanny! Ummm, good morning princess!” She said, smothering Chelsea with kisses and twirling in a circle, much to the youngsters delight. “Are you having fun with Will-Will?” Chelsea simply giggled.

“Is Tara in the kitchen?” Jen asked Willow.

“Still sleeping, she’s been really tired lately and she never gets to sleep in, so I decided not to wake her.” Willow replied.

Jen couldn’t help but smile, feeling incredibly happy that Tara had found such a good friend in Willow. She highly doubted that any of her daughters’ cheerleader friends worried too much about Tara’s well being.

“Well, don’t let her sleep too long or she’ll get spoiled,” Jen said with a wink as she sat Chelsea beck on the floor.

The infant made happy grunting sounds crawling towards her Will-Will and eventually lunging into Willow’s out-stretched arms. Willow pulled the baby into her lap as the two went back to their previous position, snuggled together in front of the TV.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:31 pm 
8. Vixen

Dibs!

Shelby, Shelby... I'm making an appointment with my dentist right now, this one is so sweet.

Tara breastfeeding Chelsea and the effect it had on Willow - very nicely done. Sweet and meaningful, just a little sexy but with just enough reverence for the whole intimate bond they share that it wasn't over done. Plus Willow got to be a part of it in a way she never had before. It made it only natural for the "I love you's" to be said, for Willow to put her feelings out there, stressing that she loved them both. What more can a single parent want than for that new special adult someone to love them and their child like their own? I also say "adult" because you have them handling things more maturely than a lot of people much older than they are would.

You have them laying a strong foundation, they seem to be right with one another emotionally. This makes everything flow effortlessly when they're together.

*sigh*

Why do I also have a feeling Jen will take it better when the girls come out? She gets to see Willow with both the baby and Tara and how they are together, how they treat each other - that's not a side Sheila gets to see, so it may make it harder for her to grasp the depth of their feelings for one another.

I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall when they go public too. I just hope you decide to not make it too massively horrendous... please be gentle... :wink

Don't work too hard... you not what they say about all work and no play...

:flower

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Our girls are so sweet! We now have "I love you's" yay! Poor Willow, the first time she sees a half topless Tara a baby's attached to it. Talk about keeping your hormones at bay.

I can't wait for Tara to see the picture of Willow (and hopefully THEIR daughter one day), I know it will mean so much to her. Maybe make her swoon :)

-Leah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What a very sweet update. How big is Tara's bed? I'm assuming Queen at least. We co-slept with both kids (hell, still do since they crawl into bed with us every night) and it is something you have to be careful about when they are a little baby. Of course, Chelsea is like 9 months or close to a year right? So ... Anyway, their I love yous are very sweet. I can imagine Willow getting more and more nervous as she waited but the fact that Tara said happy etc. must have helped. Thanks for the update in your busy season and now your childless week!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Extra big yay for Willow saying those 3 magical words to Tara & Chelsea and Tara saying those same words back... Big yay for Jen taking the picture of Tara's two "babies"...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next