The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: [AU] Baby Makes Three (07-27-14)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13 (Language)

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone I’m back! With another all AU fic for you:) I know, I know I haven’t finished my first fic, but I promise an update on Racing soon. In the mean time, sit back relax and enjoy. BTW...not proofed, sorry.

********************************************************************************

Chapter 1

“Willow! Sweetie, are you almost ready?” The woman called up the stairs.

“I’ll be down in a minute Mom!” The young redheaded girl answered back as she continued to turn from side to side, staring at herself in the full-length mirror. “Yeah, you look hot. You are one sexy beast. In fact, by the end of the day, I bet you’re gonna have to beat them off you with a stick. It might be a hot dog on a stick, but it’s still a stick.” She sighed deeply, “ Yep, America’s Next Top Dork. ‘Who wore it best? Willow Rosenberg or Bozo The Clown? Willow Rosenberg! Yeah...” The petite young girl threw her hands up in mock celebration, then pulled her hair up in a tight ponytail and placed the bright orange hat on her head.

She crossed her bedroom to the fish tank in the corner and leaned forward, smiling at its colorful occupants, before dropping several bits of food in their tank. “You guys are all neon and bright and people call you pretty. They call me a dork. See? It’s not as great on the outside as you think it is.”

“Honey, if you don’t come now, you’re going to be late. You can talk to your fish later! I’ll meet you in the car!” Willow’s mom shouted.

The redhead grumbled, “I’m upstairs, in my bedroom with the door closed and she still knows what I’m doing? What, does she have a crystal ball or something?” Willow thought about the implications for a brief second and then grimaced. I srue hope she doesn’t ALWAYS know what I’m doing in here, because that is just eww. Finally able to compose herself and shaking off the undesirable thought, she picked up her satchel and headed out the door.

Exactly seven minutes later, Willow was still sitting in her mother’s car, parked in front of the Doublemeat Palace. Once again, Willow was staring at her reflection, only this time it was in the small vanity mirror on the flip side of the sun visor.

“Do you think that’s a cow or a pig?” She asked her reflection, commenting on the pink and yellow cartoon character protruding off the front of the baseball style cap.

“Are you asking me or is that a rhetorical question?” Her mother asked.

“Both?” Willow questioned, turning to look at her mother and closing the visor.

“I think it’s a cow with large pig like ears. It’s a cow-pig!”

“Ha ha, very funny. Do I have to go in? Aren’t my grades good enough?” Willow whined.

Willow’s mother sighed deeply, “You know how your father and I feel about this. If you want a car, you’re going to have to work for it. At your age it’s a psychological imperative that you learn the value of money. If we just give you everything, you’ll take it for granted and expect it; but if you work for it...you will definitely appreciate it more.” Willow stared blankly at her mother. “Willow, did you hear a word I just said?”

“You lost me at psychological.” The redhead replied flatly.

Willow’s mother rolled her eyes, “Go, I’ll pick you up at nine.”

“Fine.” Willow groaned as she exited the car, shutting the door behind her and making her way into the restaurant.

The Doublemeat Palace, or DMP for short, was a staple in the town of Sunnydale, California. The bright yellow fast food restaurant with the royal blue trim was located on Main Street near the high school and was a perennial hot-spot for teenagers. The majority of Sunnydale’s youth frequented the burger joint after school and various sporting events. It was quite popular and Willow despised working there.

Several months earlier, she asked her parents for a car and was met with a resounding ‘no.’ They told her to get a job and they would match whatever she managed to save towards the purchase of a car. Willow was shocked.

The honor student was far from irresponsible and felt like she deserved to be given a car. She was a good kid and hardly even talked back. Not to mention, as an only child, had become accustom to getting what she wanted. She was somewhat spoiled, even though her parents liked to say she was just ‘well taken care of.’

In truth, her parents were worried. Willow had very few friends and spent most of her time online; her high school life, beyond academics, was virtually non existent. They secretly hoped that by forcing her to get a job, they would also be acclimating her to society. Willow, however, saw things differently. She saw it as pure, unadulterated torture.

A few hours into her shift, Willow was bored out of her mind and passing the time by reading Agatha Christie’s, Death on the Nile. Normally, she couldn’t get away with reading a book at work, but today was slow and she was working the drive thru window, off by herself.

Even though Willow loathed the DMP, her bosses loved her. She was punctual, always in perfect uniform and could make change without the aid of the cash register, making her somewhat of a rare commodity. She was also quick on the computer and whenever they placed her in drive thru, things seemed to flow faster than usual. Willow also seemed more productive when she was off on her own.

Willow was deeply involved in the murder mystery when she heard the familiar beep alerting her that there was a customer in the drive thru. She reached down to the waist pack and clicked on the mic to her head set, “Welcome to the Doublemeat, where the meat is double sweet. How can I help you today?”

A shrill voice shot back at her immediately, “You can start by taking my order and not screwing it up.”

Willow cringed, she knew that voice and it cut through every fiber of her being. Even through the scratchy speaker of the drive thru, the voice was recognizable and it belonged to her arch rival, Cordelia Chase. By far the meanest of the mean girls at Sunnydale high school. Cordelia had made it her life’s mission to make Willow’s life a living hell and so far, had been quite successful in doing so. Willow could hear giggling and random chatter in the background, she figured it was Cordy’s minions, the Cordette’s, so she flipped on the video monitor to confirm her suspicions.

The monitor was black and white, but Willow could still make out the shiny new convertible Mustang and three other girls in the car. All of them cheerleaders and all of them loyal to ‘Queen C.’ In the front seat was Harmony Kendall, Cordelia’s closest accomplice and quite possibly the dumbest girl Willow had ever known and in the back, was Buffy Summers and Tara Maclay. Buffy had moved to Sunnydale in their Sophomore year and Willow didn’t really know her very well. Tara had grown up in Sunnydale, moved away and had recently moved back. She’d run into Tara a few times, without incident, but always tried to keep her distance. In Willow’s eyes, she was guilty by association.

“HELLO! Are you there?” Cordelia screeched through the mic.

Willow cleared her throat, “Yes, go ahead.”

Cordelia rattled off her order while the others laughed and yelled obnoxiously in the background.

Willow spoke as little as possible and focused on getting her hands to stop shaking. She knew as soon as they pulled up to her window she was sure to take a verbal lashing.

“Thank you, p-please drive through,” Willow braced herself and true to form they didn’t disappoint. As soon as the car came into view of Willow, all four girls burst out laughing.

“Well, well what have we here? Willow Rosen-nerd got herself a job...dressed as a clown!” Cordelia spat as the girls laughed once again.

“Th-Th-Th-That’ll-” Willow’s face burned bright red as she struggled to get the words out.

“Th-Th-Th-Th, you gonna get that sentence out sometime today?” Cordelia taunted.

“Your total is eighteen twenty-six.” Willow finally managed to give them the total; she’d never been so nervous.

Cordeila collected cash from the girls and held her hand out to Willow. As the redhead reached for the cash, Cordelia opened her hand suddenly; letting the majority of the bills and coin change fall to the ground.

“Oh my God! What a loser!!” Harmony shouted.

“Thanks a lot Cordy,” Willow hissed.

“Hey! Don’t get snippy with me, nerd! You’re the one who dropped it. Geez Willow, can’t you even handle a lame fast food job?”

Willow’s eyes narrowed and she momentarily pondered jumping through the window and squeezing her fingers tightly around Cordelia’s throat. She opened her mouth to speak, just as a co-worker brought her the order.

“Here you go Will-” Marcie said handing Willow the bag and noticing the angry tears in Willow’s eyes, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“She’s a total loser, that’s what’s wrong! She dropped our money all over the ground and I am NOT picking it up. Gimme my bag! I’m a paying customer and I’m sick of waiting!” Cordelia shouted loudly.

Willow grabbed the bag and thrust it through the window. At this point she just wanted them to leave; she was totally humiliated.

Cordy snatched the bag and handed it to Harmony, “See you in hell, LOSER!” She exclaimed as she pulled away with all four girls still laughing.

Willow took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm her nerves, but it was too late; the tears had already started to fall.

“Hey,” Marcie said as she placed a hand on Willow’s shoulder, “Come on, go take your break, Scotty can take the window for awhile and I’ll go pick up the money.”

Willow nodded weakly, taking off the bulky headset and heading for the backdoor. There was a hidden space out back with a picnic table for the employees and Willow plopped down; her head in her hands. A few minutes later, she felt a soothing hand rubbing across her back.

“You can’t let them get to you like this. They’re nothing but a bunch of rotten bitches.” Marcie proclaimed. Willow simply nodded in agreement. “Willow, you have GOT to start standing up for yourself and stop letting them get the best of you.”

Willow giggled nervously, “Yeah, that’s easy for you to say, you don’t have to deal with them everyday.”

“Well, you could always drop out like I did and work here for the rest of your natural life.” A look of sheer terror crossed Willow’s face. “That’s what I thought,” Marcie smirked, “Besides, how much do you really have to deal with them anyway? I mean, I can’t imagine you sharing any of your AP classes with those empty headed bimbos.”

Willow chuckled, Assistant Manager Marcie Ross always had a way of making her feel better. When Willow first started, it was Marcie that was there to guide her and allow her to make mistakes. She and Willow had been acquaintances throughout junior high and high school, until one day in their junior year Marcie disappeared. Marcie had been a quite girl and Willow never even noticed that she was missing, until she got the job at the DMP. She had been shocked to find out that, not only had Marcie left school, but it had been over a year since she’d done so. Willow felt awful, knowing all too well how it felt to be invisible. Although it was days like today, that she wished she really was.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (8-12-12)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Dibs

Great start. I can't wait to read more. I find it interesting that Tara is a cordette.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:27 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
Love it so far! Tara in the cordettes, brilliant! Title is immediately intriguing. Really should work on that thing I was working on. I might edit this reply to make sense when it's not two a.m. In the meantime, wanted you to know that I like it and can't wait for more. Hooray for your brain!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am 
5. Willowhand

Please continue soon. I'm eager to see how Willow and Tara develop something with Tara being one of Cordy's lapdogs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 am 
2. Floating Rose

I noticed it is already a common theme in the comments, but still Tara and (even if somewhat less) Buffy being bitchy cordettes is pretty unexpected! Cool start, I always love high school stories with a twist from canon.
Also, introducing a little seen character like Marcie makes a geek very happy :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Gotta say, great start with the complaining about the uniforms. Am I the only one who thinks those things are super cute. I thought Buffy was adorable in DMP, and I've been known to oggle the Hot Dog On a Stick girls.

I was genuinely expecting Tara to step in when Cordy made fun of Willow's speech pattern, but hey, different universe, different rules. Looking forward to seeing more!

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Again...Lmao© Invisible Marcie.

You are very clever in your use of cannon.

Looking forward to Tara being liberated from the bubble-head crew.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:54 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey, there you are! And with a bright and shiny new story. :applause

Very interesting start. I'm really curious how you're going to bring all of this together for our girls. And yeah, you're already making me want to bitch slap Cordelia. However, I'm having a little trouble picturing Tara associating with her and laughing at poor Willow, but I have faith in you.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay new fic! And a good mixture of romance and angst... I'm already hooked.

Can't wait for more!
Helena

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

I'm with the majority on this one. It's really interesting to hear Buffy and Tara in the cordettes.

I'm really looking forward to how you get Willow and Tara together in this fic. I'm also wondering if Willow will take Marcie's advice and and stand up for herself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Yay for a new Finey McFine story although I love the current one so...

Yay also for the title because... baby? Kitten? Puppy?

But Boo for Willow's abused at school and a geek and works at Doublemeat palace and possibly being flirted with by a high school dropout. And Tara = even worse. She may not be as much of a bitch as Cordelia but she's compliant. What's that quote? “The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” - Dante.

Ok, my hope is that you're writing quickly and going to post soon because new stories tend to write themselves much faster. Waiting (not so patiently)...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
Very interesting beginning !
Willow and Tara aren't saints; Tara is a Cordette, Willow a spoiled child who has to work to buy her own car (she seems to have a good relationship with her parents though).
Update soon please ! :)
T.

C.Baudelaire in Les Fleurs du Mal, XVIII L'Idéal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 am 

Hey Everyone,

Since there was a reoccurring theme of WTF (lol) running through the feedback, I decided to address it as one and then individually if there was something different you posted about.

Anyway, yes, Tara and Buffy are both Cordette’s. Tara will be mean to Willow and no, it’s not love at first sight. BUT, it’s okay, it doesn’t have to be an all encompassing infatuation in the beginning. They’re teenagers, they make mistakes, they misread situations, they seem to live in a state of perpetual confusion and uncertainty. In other words, it’s going to take some time for them to sort out their feelings, but I guarantee it’ll be a fun ride:)

I know it’s hard to see Tara like this, but it will get better, I promise. As for Buffy, I (personally) don’t think it’s that far off the mark. Remember Homecoming??? I'm pretty sure that Buffy, pre-slayer, was a snobby popular girl and it wasn’t until after she became the Slayer that she changed; developed a sense of humanity. I think she really got a taste of what it was like to be a true outsider, to be different and it effected her.

faolan228 - I know exactly what you mean about those uniforms! Adorkable:)

Grimm - I LOVE finding new ways to incorporate canon...especially the HS seasons. So much good stuff there when you read between the lines. It’s developed into kind of a game to see just how far I can go in twisting the original plot lines. Great fun! ps. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, so buckle up and hang on! lol

wimpy0729 - The fun of the fic will lie in being able to stitch it all together seamlessly. Wish me luck, lol! If you’re having trouble picturing “mean Tara,” just watch a little of S6 when she and Willow are arguing...she gets downright pissy!

Deb - Yeah, I love Racing, but I needed a break and you know how it is when you get a new idea. It’s not abandon and I’ve been working on it. I want to get a few chapters ahead before I start posting it again. Anyway, the title of this one will make more sense in a few chapters, until then I’ll leave you guessing. But, I think you’ll enjoy it! I’ve never seen it done anywhere before and I thought it would be fun.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (8-19-12)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 am 

RATING: R (Language)

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and happy Sunday! Once again, not proofed, so you will probably see typos or grammar stuff. Just shoot me a PM and I’ll fix them. Some of the chapters in this story are fairly small, in fact, Ch 3 is so tiny that I will probably post it mid week and then a longer chapter next Sunday:)

******************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

Several weeks had passed since the incident with Cordelia at the drive thru window and Willow had been fairly successful flying under the radar at school. She avoided the Cordettes like the plague and started spending more time in the library.

The Sunnydale High School library was her sanctuary. There was no way the popular crowd would be caught dead in there outside of class, especially during lunch. She could relax and become lost in a world with her favorite fictional characters. To Willow it was heaven.

Unfortunately, Willow was also torn. Part of her enjoyed the solitude, but the other part longed for a ‘normal’ teenage life. One with friends, parties and dating. Those things had alluded her for so long, that she’d pretty much given up the notion altogether.

It wasn’t as if Willow was completely friendless, she had friends, but her friends were an odd mix. The four of them used to eat lunch together until the boys, Xander and Jesse, decided that the girls, Willow and Amy, were cramping their style and they broke off from the group. Leaving Willow and Amy to fend for themselves.

Amy was nice, but there was no emotional connection and the girl recently started hanging out with another group of girls. A group of ‘goth’ girls that scared the pants off Willow. She was sure they were into the dark arts.

What the redhead really longed for was a best friend. Someone she could confide in and talk to for hours, someone that liked the same music and books and someone to hang out with on weekends. It was a tall order and one that Willow had yet to fill.

On this day the redhead sat in the library at a table in front of a large picture window, eating her lunch and gazing out on the beautiful sunny day. She wanted nothing more than to be outside and sitting under her favorite tree.

She imagined herself sitting with her friends, laughing at one of Xander’s dumb jokes or making fun of Jesse’s hair. As she glanced away from the tree, she could see Xander and Jesse sitting on a picnic table with several other guys and ogling the girls as they walked by. Willow shook her head and wondered if they’d ever mature, but from the looks of things, it wasn’t likely.

The bell rang and Willow gathered her books and headed for her last class of the day. Since she had been an AP student her entire school career, she was awarded with early release. Willow was only required to take three core classes and computer lab; she’d already met all of the other requirements and therefore was released from the last few hours of the school day. It was a schedule that worked well for the overachieving redhead.

On her way to class, Willow decided to stop for a quick sip at the water fountain. She’d been drinking for a few seconds when she noticed someone approaching out of the corner of her eye.

“Wow Willow, nice dress. Good to know you’ve seen the softer side of Sears.” The blonde laughed snidely as she stood next to a brown haired girl that Willow had never seen before.

“Well, my Mom picked it out,” Willow replied quietly. She was a bit shocked, she’d never had a direct run-in with Tara before and couldn’t figure out why the girl was being so mean. Unless she was just showing off in front of the new girl.

Tara laughed, “No wonder you’re such a guy magnet. Are you done?”

“Oh, yeah...uh...yeah.” Willow mumbled looking towards the new girl, who said nothing.

As Willow slinked away she caught Tara’s words to the girl. “You wanna fit in here, first rule is ‘know your losers.’ Once you can identify them all by sight, they’re a lot easier to avoid.” As the words carelessly fell from Tara’s mouth, she could hardly believe that she was saying them. Oh my God! I feel like I’m channelling Cordelia. Make it stop, please make it stop. Tara silently pleaded with herself as she bent down to take a drink, hoping that would effectively shut her up. The new girl watched helplessly as the dejected redhead hung her head in shame and disappeared down the hall.

The next morning, the shy and bookish redhead trudged with the masses along the sidewalk in front of Sunnydale High. She carried a satchel, but hugged several books tightly to her chest. As she meandered along, she heard a familiar voice.

“Coming through...coming through. Not certain how to stop.” The boy called out as he weaved his way through the thick mass of students.

Willow began to walk up the steps when she noticed that Xander, while riding his skateboard, was looking off in the other direction at the new girl Willow had seen with Tara the day before. Before she could warn him, Xander clotheslined himself with the metal stair rail and fell flat on his back.

Willow stood over her friend as he moaned in pain and clutched his stomach. “Xander, are you okay?” The concern etched on her face was completely lost on the young skateboarder.

“Willow! You’re just the person I wanted to see.” He exclaimed before righting himself.

“Really?” Willow said excitedly, as the sweet sentiment went typically unnoticed.

“Yeah, you know, I kind of have a problem with math.”

“Which part?” Willow answered, hiding her disappointment.

“The math part. Can you help me tonight? Please? Be my study buddy?” He asked anxiously.

“Well, what’s in it for me?” Maybe a date?!

“A shiny nickle...”

Willow’s face fell, not that she’d really expected anything more from the boy. “Okay. Do you have the book?” Xander shook his head. “You should check it out.”

“Check it out?” He asked, truly bewildered.

“From the library. Where the books live.” She answered sarcastically.

“Oh, right! I’m there. See, I want to change.” He said, wrapping a friendly arm acround Willow’s shoulders as they walked towards the main entrance.

Then, just as they were about to enter the school, they were both hit in the face by something cold, wet and decidedly sticky. Xander dropped his skateboard and Willow dropped her books as they both wiped the cherry slushy from their eyes. The duo were shocked and completely mortified as the surrounding group of jocks cackled loudly.

“What the hell!” Xander shouted as remnants of the ice cold slushy continued to drip from his hair and down his face.

“Oh hey, sorry man, my bad. I uh, must have tripped.” The boy said and snorted with laughter; unable to keep a straight face.

Willow was too shocked to say or do anything, nervously scanning the crowd of students to see exactly who had witnessed her humiliation. Of course she spotted Cordy and her followers immediately. All of them were giggling and pointing. Willow just happened to make eye contact with Tara, who smirked and walked away.

Willow slung her hands trying to rid herself of the sticky liquid, but her efforts were fruitless. Suddenly the crowd dispersed as Principle Snyder raced towards them.

“Harris, I expected this from you, but Rosenberg? See what happens when you associate yourself with a delinquent?”

“But...but Principle Snyder, it wasn’t his fault! Those guys they-” The redhead exclaimed.

The little balding man crossed his arms across his chest, “It never is. Both of you go to the locker rooms, clean up, change into your gym clothes and get to class.” He barked, as he spun on his heels and marched back into the school.

Willow turned to her friend, “Xander, I’m so sorry.”

He sighed deeply, “It’s not your fault Willow. Come on, let’s go or we’re gonna be late.”

Xander paced furiously back and forth in front of the bench Willow was eating lunch on; nervously tugging on the hem of his one size too small gym shorts. Willow couldn’t help but think how sexy Xander looked. Not only were his shorts too small, but his cotton t-shirt was tight fitting as well; showing off his muscular biceps.

To Willow, Xander was an enigma. Some days she felt drawn to him and some, completely repulsed. Today was one of the good days, despite the earlier mini-disaster. If it had not happened, she would be eating lunch in her usual spot; alone in the library and not hanging out with the boy she’d been semi-crushing on since kindergarten. The slushy incident, although unpleasant, had it’s advantages.

“We can’t let them get away with it, we have to do something,” He exclaimed.

“Just what do you propose we do? If we retaliate, our lives will be an even bigger hell than they already are. Besides, only eight more months until we graduate and we never have to see these people again.”

“Eight more months of slushy hell? No thank you. Something needs to be done and now!” Willow stared blankly at Xander as he continued to pace. “Well, we know Snyder isn’t going to do anything, so we have to take matters into our own hands. I say we slash tires, toilet paper houses, and super glue lockers!”

Willow shook her head vehemently, “Huh uh, no way I’m not doing any of those things and neither are you. You’ll get expelled form school!”

Xander slumped down next to his friend, “But we have to do something.” He pleaded.

Willow nodded, she knew he was right and they couldn’t allow the abuse to continue, but she was terrified. In her entire life, she’d never gone against the grain. She was always ‘good little Willow,’ straight ‘A’ student. She was practical, responsible, level headed as well as self appointed president and charter member of club ‘purity and virginity.’ She couldn’t think of a single devious thing to do and even if she could, there was no way she could muster the courage to go through with it. It just wasn’t in her nature.

She shrugged her shoulders as the bell rang. Thank God, saved by the bell!

“I-I’ll think about it Xander, but right now, I need to go to class. Hey, don’t forget that math book, okay?”

“Sure Wills, I’ll drop by your place after school.”

“Bye Xan.”

“See ya.”

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:01 am 
5. Willowhand

Not the biggest fan of highschool AUs. Too much drama, and having just left highschool, I always found them a bit unrealistic. But when the author takes time to point out that yes, teenagers are fucking dumb and and dumb decisions, I know I'm in for a fun ride! :D

I actually adore bitchy!Tara, mostly because I can imagine Amber having the time of her life playing her, but also seeing a different take on a character that in reality, might not be all that different when you think about it.

Highschool AU, two people who hate eachother, a baby...I think I know where this is going, and if I'm right, I know you'll make it as awesome and fabulous as I expect.

I never really understood or got the jock mentality and bullying that seems to be so common in media. I still have a hard time believing it exists sometimes. Granted, I was popular in highschool, and to play in sports you had to have like, at least a B- average on everything, so our jocks were also the nerds.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
I really do love the way you incorporate canon dialogue and themes into the story. It keeps the story and characters true to what we know and makes it more interesting in the context of your story. Personally I was a little put off by the slushies but only because I have an aversion to all things gleek. I like where it's all going though and I especially like the little moment in time where it's clear that Tara hasn't been completely absorbed into the bitch hive-mind. You keep posting, I'll keep reading. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:53 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
Okay...I accidentally stumbled onto a fic in progress but now I'm hooked so I'll be coming back for more. My only request is that you, sweet jesus please, don't drop this fic before it's finished. I will cry. Not only will I cry but I'll make a recording of me crying. I'll make a recording of me crying and then pm it to you.

Having said that, this fic is amazing! It hurts my heart to see Tara be a bitch but I expect it from Buffy a bit so I'm cool with that. Who's the new girl!? Is it Faith? Is it!? It is, right? I think it is. I would like THAT turned on it's head, ooh doggy. :D This is a good read. I like it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:00 pm 

I'm totally picturing Anthony Michael Hall/ Robert Downey jr in Weird science during the slushy bombing scene.

So, Tara is a reluctant bubblehead? Peer preasure is a bitch.

Can't wait to see how the Zanman & Willow retaliate against those mofos. Make it good!

Hope the new chick is not Dawn. Let it be Faith...anybody but the winey one...lol

Post subject: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (8-19-12)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 pm 
5. Willowhand

I like the association with glee. I'm eager to see who this new girl is and how she will treat our wonderful nerd! Maybe she will be all nice which will give Tara the courage to be nice?

Please update again soon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hey Shelby Wow this is a weird start with both Buffy and Tara being Cordettes. to me they'll always be Willow's BFF and her FTL (just so you know Forever True Love, not faster than light ;) ). It's also kind of weird that Xander is a sort of friend but has also broken away cos she cramps his style. Awww, this makes me sad for Willow but it does show what a loser he is too:(

I do like the other ideas though, like Willow has to work if she wants her car and she's friends with Marcie Ross. I wanted to bring her back as invisible girl which shows how more full of ideas you are.

I did see a W/T story that I tried reading a couple of years ago where Buffy was a Cordette but the bullying was so intense that she started self harm. I only got to that part, about halfway through the first chapter, and I dropped it. There's angst and then there's angst.

I'm gonna take a guess here and assume that Tara comes from a good family background without a psycho dad or brother.

What the redhead really longed for was a best friend. Someone she could confide in and talk to for hours, someone that liked the same music and books and someone to hang out with on weekends. It was a tall order and one that Willow had yet to fill.

Awww poor Willow, I'll be your best friend and anyone picks on you I'll kick their butt.

“Wow Willow, nice dress. Good to know you’ve seen the softer side of Sears.” The blonde laughed snidely as she stood next to a brown haired girl that Willow had never seen before.

As Willow slinked away she caught Tara’s words to the girl. “You wanna fit in here, first rule is ‘know your losers.’ Once you can identify them all by sight, they’re a lot easier to avoid.” As the words carelessly fell from Tara’s mouth, she could hardly believe that she was saying them. Oh my God! I feel like I’m channelling Cordelia. Make it stop, please make it stop. Tara silently pleaded with herself as she bent down to take a drink, hoping that would effectively shut her up.

Interesting, even though Tara is being a total bitca to Willow I'm guessing that it's just to fit in with the way she seems to regret what she says.

Could the brown haired girl possibly be Dawn (she doesn't always have to be related to Buffy). Maybe she becomes Willow's best friend and finally, when Tara sees the error of her ways and becomes Willow's girlfriend she'll be the baby that makes three because it's Willow's nickname for her.

And again with the poor Willow having slush thrown over her. I agree with faolan in that I can't understand the mentality of bullies either though I do have a lot of sympathy and empathy for Willow particularly as I was bullied a lot in high school.

Intriguing story so far and I'm certainly interested in seeing where it leads and I do agree with what you said to Deb about how it is when you get a new idea. I've had one bubbling away in my mind for a while now and I'm currently writing the first chapter getting ready for posting it but I won't abandon the good Cap'n Red either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well it seems that Sunnydale high has never heard of the zero tolerance for bullying thing have they? Synder is an ass. Poor Willow and Xander. I'm not into revenge but I hope that Willow does a bit of hacking and that some of the rich/mean kids lose their drivers licenses and fail some grades. Maybe she can go a little A on them and really harass them (not kill them though).

So the new girl. Could be Anya. Could be Faith but I don't know why Faith would care about fitting in. Interesting that Tara felt remorse or at least confusion over her assholeness. Also interesting that Willow doesn't seem to have any idea that she's gay. She is thinking about Xander and their strange relationship but not about girls at all.

I have to say that from where we are starting, the title is very confusing to me. I can't wait for more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 pm 

faolan228 - I enjoy HS fics that aren’t so far over the top that I get dizzy from rolling my eyes. All I can say is, I’ll try not to make you dizzy. :p

I’m not addressing anything “baby” related and stop jumping ahead! :grin

I never saw too many jock related issues either. Mainly because if they did that crap they’d get booted from whatever team they were on. But it works well in fiction.

Thanks for the feedback!

RoyoNobus - I love finding new and fun ways to use the dialog! Glad you like:) But um, not a Gleek? I’m not sure we can associate anymore...ha ha just kidding! It was gleekish, but more along the lines of Weird Science. One of my all time favorites!

Thanks for the feedback!

WillowFish - No worries, I will never drop this fic. :grin I like to see things through, even if it takes me awhile.

It’s tough for me to write bitchy Tara as well. So hopefully she doesn’t stick around too long.

THANKS for reading and the feedback!

Grimm - Hahahahahahaha...you hit the nail right on the head! One of my fav ’80’s movies. “You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.”

Tara may be reluctant, but she is still compliant and it’s gonna take a little time for her to come around. New girl Dawn... :hmm

Thanks for the feedback! Now I’ve gotta go watch Weird Science:)

fhiwda - Gleeks unite! lol You’ll meet the new girl soon and all I can say is that she annoy’s Willow. Tara will eventually come around, but it’s take a little time.

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover - Weird maybe...but fun! I always got the feeling that Willow and Xander we friends, but not besties until Buffy came along. He was hanging with Jesse and I don’t think he was hanging out with Willow all that much until he saw her with Buffy. I don’t know, that’s just the vibe I got, so I thought it would be fun to explore.

I always like that episode with Marcie Ross...it was fun to bring her back:)

Tara will remain a mystery for awhile, but soon Willow will get more insight.

Tara does regret what she said to Willow, unlike Cordelia in canon, but it takes her a while to admit it. I think you like how she comes to realize the error of her ways. :grin

I’m glad you like it and also happy to hear you are writing something new!

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt - I’m sure they have a zero tolerance if Snyder actually thought it was bullying, lol. Willow will retaliate, but it won’t be that sinister. She’s seldom naughty, remember?? :p

Willow really is clueless to her sexuality, like in canon. I don’t think she really entertained the thought until her Doppleganger appeared. I think the signs were there, but we never got any insight. She’s a teenager and confused. She is still crushing, for the moment, on Xander, because he’s the only true emotional connection she has to anyone, but she’ll figure it out eventually.

I’m leaving you hanging on the title...sorry:(

Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (8-22-12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:43 pm 

RATING: R (Language)

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and happy Hump Day! As promised a mid week update! Look for Ch 4 sometime Sunday. Once again, not proofed, so you will probably see typos or grammar stuff. Send me a PM to correct.

Chapter 3

Life was short, too short to be sitting around thinking about Cordelia Chase and her assortment of mindless flunkies. Willow had more important things on her mind, like how to wrangle Xander into a date. They’d been seeing a lot of each other the last few weeks and were back to eating lunch together outside, with Willow tutoring him after school when she wasn’t working.

Unfortunately, their favorite lunch spot under the shade tree had been taken over by Amy and her group of gothic wannabes. So Willow, Xander and Jesse had been relegated to eat on the patio and share a small concrete bench. It was out in the open, but they went fairly unnoticed since the popular kids all left campus for lunch.

Willow arrived first and began digging into her lunch bag; pulling out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a carton of milk. She’d been lost in thought, scheming ways to rope Xander into this imaginary date when she was approached by the new girl she’d seen with Tara several weeks earlier.

“Uh, hi. Willow, right?” The brunette asked.

Willow looked up anxiously, “Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?”

The new girl rolled her eyes and sat down next to the apprehensive redhead, “Why don’t we start with ‘Hi, I’m Anya and then let’s segue directly to me asking you for a favor. It doesn’t involve moving, but it does involve us spending some quality time together.”

Willow was aghast. Quality time? Why? “But aren’t you ...hanging out with the Cordettes?”

“Yeah, I have. Can’t I do both?” Anya asked.

“Not legally,” Willow dead panned, taking a bite of her PB&J.

Anya took a deep breath, “Look, I really want to get by here. New school...and Cordelia’s been fairly nice - to me, anyway - but I have this burning desire not to flunk all my classes, and spend another year in this hellhole. I have plans and they don’t involve staying here! Anyway, I heard a rumor that you were the person to talk to if I wanted to get caught up.”

“Oh um, I’m already tutoring someone, plus I have my own homework and with my job I uh...I don’t think I’ll have the time...sorry.” She said as she turned away slightly. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but there was something off putting about this girl.

“Hey, are you guys busy? Can we interrupt? We’re interrupting!” Xander declared as he hopped up to sit on the ledge behind the bench.

“Hey,” Anya said as her eyes raked down Xander’s body.

Something registered with Willow when she saw the predatory look in Anya’s eyes and she stiffened.

“Hey Wilster, who’s you’re new friend? Aren’t you gonna introduce us?” Jesse asked.

“Anya, this is Jesse and that’s Xander.”

“Oh, me and Anya go way back. Old friends, very close. Then there was that period of estrangement, I think we were both changing as people, but here we are and it’s like old times, I’m quite moved.” Xander finished sheepishly.

“Is it me, or are you turning into a bibbling idiot?” Jesse commented.

Xander’s face was flushed red with embarrassment, “It’s not you.”

“It’s nice meeting you guys...I think.” Anya said, never taking her eyes off the dark haired young man; causing Xander to giggle nervously as the girl’s eyes bore into him.

Willow’s bright green eyes darkened, as they darted between her friend and the new girl. She felt jealous, but it wasn’t an all consuming jealousy, it was more along the lines of loss. She’d just reconnected with ‘friend’ Xander and she was terrified of losing him. She tried to convince herself that all this playful banter was nothing, but she couldn’t deny the fact that both Anya and Xander seemed to have ‘something’ going on. “So, you two know each other?” Willow gulped.

Anya blinked, finally shifting her eyes away from Xander, “We sort of ran into each other in the hall this morning. I ‘dropped’ my books and he picked them up.”

“So, chivalry isn’t dead afterall. Hey, I’ll pick up and even carry your books...anytime,” Jesse said as he winked at Anya.

“Oh brother,” Willow mumbled.

“So, what were you girls talking about? Maybe some intense girl talk...” Xander was practically giddy at the thought; clapping his hands and rubbing his palms together in a circular motion..

Willow opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Anya, “Actually, I was groveling with Willow and begging for her to tutor me and she was explaining how she didn’t have the time.”

“Oh. Oh! She tutors me after school and I’d be more than happy to share some of my time with you.” As the words tumbled out of Xander’s mouth, Willow was frantically waving her hands and shaking her head behind the new girl. “What?”

“Oh um, I just don’t have a lot of time Xan, what with the job and everything. So, I only really have time for you and-”

“I know Willow, that’s why I’m willing to give up part of my time for Anya here. Then you don’t have to put in any extra.” He said, smiling brightly.

Willow was stumped, she didn’t want to be rude, Anya was nice enough, but she didn’t want this girl intruding on her time with Xander either. Especially with the looks these two were giving each other. “Well, I guess...”

“Great! Then it’s settled. Anya can meet me in front of school and we can walk to your house after.”

Willow found herself once again standing in front of the full length mirror on the back of her closet door, except this time she was fully nude; save for the bath towel wrapped securely around her long red hair.

She was examining her body closely. “What’s Anya have that I don’t?” She asked no one in particular. “Well for one thing, boobs.” She replied to herself, turning sideways, sucking in her stomach and thrusting her naked chest forward.

She held her breath for a few seconds as she ran her hands down over her ribs, stopping at her hips. Finally exhaling a loud puff of air, she turned away from her reflection and squeezed her butt cheeks. Turning yet again and facing the mirror, she slouched as she returned her hands to her hips. “What’s she have that I don’t? Everything.”

Willow was feeling a little more down than usual, after spending the better part of the afternoon with Xander and Anya. The two had shown up at her house just as Xander promised, only not very much studying got done. He and Anya were too busy making googly eyes at each other or giggling over some dumb ‘Xander type’ story. Willow grew frustrated as their childish behavior continued and finally feigned a headache to get them to leave. All in all, the afternoon was a total bust. When they asked if they could return the next day, Willow was thrilled to be able to say she had a shift at the Doublemeat; knowing that she couldn’t take another minute of their nonsense.

After towel drying and brushing out her hair, Willow climbed into bed and made a silent wish. It was the same wish that she’d been making for years every night before bed. “I wish I had someone special; just for me.” She whispered, clutching her favorite stuffed puppy to her chest, closing her eyes tightly and drifting off to sleep.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm 
5. Willowhand

ANYA! How'd we not guess Anya? O_o

I'm loving Willow's emotional distress. I'm liking that there isn't just gonna be a slow, "I like you. I guess." between these girls. They're gonna have to come out to themselves, won't they?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yay... an update! :banana

It's good to know Xander and Anya are showing their interest in one another. It just goes to prove that Willow and Xander do NOT belong together. (Poor Willow though.) :ashamed

Can't wait for Sunday's update! :kgeek

Keep up the great work! :flower

Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm 

Anya? Cool....

Her presence should be enough to extinguish the little flicker of hope that Willow has about romancing Zander *barfs*.

Post subject: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (8-22-12)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

Curiouser and curiouser.... Do continue soon. Anya and wishing... Hmmmm..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hmmm. I wonder if Anya is going to send Willow Tara or a baby. That would be sort of crazy. I like the insertion of the Welcome to the Hellmouth/Bufffy/Willow dialog for Anya/Willow. Very fun and I can hardly wait for more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Very interesting, same Xander and Jesse from canon only a different new girl. And same Willow pining away. I know she didn't obviously show any interest in girls early on the show and the only foreshadowing we saw was in Dopplegangland, but did anyone else notice in Some Asssembly Required when the slimy boy was snapping picures of girls and said something about checking out some girls legs, Willow said "No thank you", but she kept looking at the girl's legs anyway? Hmm...interesting, subconscious moment to me.

So she still wants a special someone, but I notice she didn't say boy here.

I'm not even going to guess at the baby thing. I'll just wait impatiently to see how everything unfolds, because I have a feeling it's going to be fun.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 am 

faolan228 - Yes Anya! :p

They have a long way to go, but hopefully it’ll be a fun ride:)

Thanks for the feedback!

sarahncrys1017 - Sweet, innocent Willow...she just needed a hug, damn it! LOL That terrible misguided pining for Xander, who was such a jackass. Anya is just what she needs to push her in the right direction though. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm - Anya! She appeared out of nowhere, ha ha. You know, I’m getting a lot of crap about putting her in “Buffy’s place,” and not just over here, lol. I say to my detractors...just be thankful it wasn’t Dawn. ;p

I agree with you...Xander, blah.

Thanks for the feedback!

fhiwa - Wish granted!

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt - Hey, you never know...read on. Big reveal in this chapter. I’m glad you like the switch, I thought it would be kinda fun to mix things up a little. She won’t take on Buffy’s role as best friend, but it forces Willow away from Xander and in a different direction.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - Well technically, Anya was the new girl in S3. :p Yes! I remember that moment in Some Assembly Required. There were also little things here and there throughout the early seasons, but Vamp Willow really made her wonder, at least that’s my opinion. Now, something/someone else will push her in Tara’s direction. Big reveal coming up!

Thanks for the feedback!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next