The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (9-23-12)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Gotta love Xander still wearing his eye-patch even tough he doesn't need to. FYI on the commentary track for the season 7 episode 'Dirty Girls' Nick Brendon said he asked Joss if he could keep the patch if Buffy went to an eighth series.

Nice to see that Tara is acknowledging Willow in a more friendly fashion. Just hope that Cordy and Harmony don't notice

it's always good to be reminded of the minor, background characters in a story, like Marcie. As a reader I know how easy it can be to forget them because of the major players.

Chelsea smelling of cat pee! That can't be good

This may sound like a dumb question but what exactly is a swing shift. Is it one where a person works alternate days, say Monday, Wednesday, Friday?

Willow’s mind was churning. Why should she go out of her way to help Tara anymore than she already had? The girl had been mean to her and now here she was asking for a huge favor. A favor that Willow wasn’t even sure she could fulfill and keep her job at the Doublemeat.

There's one real reason why Willow would help Tara, because at heart she is a good person.

There's something odd here. Usually to be in the Cordettes you have to have some money behind you for the clothes alone if nothing else. Now if Tara was in a program for for teen-moms, and she only has a mother, (I'm guessing that her dad did a runner when she was small) why would Cordelia allow her in the group? Surely she would frown on someone who came from what she would perceive as a lesser background.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Wow.how desperate would you have to be to ask a student you barely know to watch your baby? Yes. Cat pee desperate. I'm betting that if willow agrees, she takes CPR training and reads 11 books on child development and how to change a diaper and downloads Mozart music and shit like that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:34 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
I am so loving this story to death. Poor Tara. She's so in over her head but lucky she has Willow. :D I really hope Willow just cuts her hours at the DoubleMeat and makes Chelsea her priority. She's such a little angel. :fallen It would mean less risk of interacting with Whore-delia and her minions. Can't go wrong there.

willowtaralover wrote:
This may sound like a dumb question but what exactly is a swing shift. Is it one where a person works alternate days, say Monday, Wednesday, Friday?

Not a dumb question. A swing shift, as defined by Merriam-Webster is a shift between the day shift (Think 9am-5pm) and the night shift (Think 10pm-6am), commonly 4pm-12am.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Aziraheal -Agghhh! You broke Starr’s dibbs monopoly! The horror! :p

Anyway, Chelsea’s not crawling yet, so it is baffling why she would smell this way and why Tara is so alarmed. We may never know.....

I think both girls realized how catty they were being towards one another. Plus, they clicked. Which was a surprise to them both.

Ha! Willow’s not running away, she actually gets along well with both parents:) But, she does have a plan. A Willow/Tara roadtrip would be all kinds of fun, but remember, there’s a baby involved. So it kinda puts a damper on things:(

Thanks for the feedback!

faolan228 - No dibs? Slacker! LOL

Tara tried and failed at trying to keep up with Cordelia. She is now seeing how much she is missed when she passes people by for superficial reasons. I think mommy-hood is kicking in!

Willow is good and so is Tara, something Willow thought didn’t exist in a Cordette.

Thanks for the feedback!

Zampsa19752001 - I’m sure Willow will figure things out. She’ll probably over analyze it to death, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm - Looking for affordable daycare that actually cares for the kids is a freakin’ nightmare! I’m soooo glad those days are behind me. When they are infants, the rates are ridiculous.

Willow’s an over achiever, so I’m sure she’ll work it out. Plus, Tara’s adorable baby...who wouldn’t want to hang with her?

Tara’s reason’s for keeping Chels a secret might not be all that sinister. She’s seventeen, it could be minor, but important to her all the same. We’ll have to wait for her to explain down the road.

Thanks for the feedback!

vampyregurl73 - All will be explained, eventually, but first the girls have to actually like each other enough to have an in depth conversation. I don’t think either of them feel ready to delve into personal matters. Well, no more than they already have.

Willow definitely has plans that her parents don’t know about and they are very Willow. :p

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - Finding child care on a budget in a town with one day care, I imagine, is a nightmare. Tara is doing what she thinks is best and the girl has good instincts:)

Tara’s admission of trust is huge. A few weeks ago she viewed Willow as a loser and now she is putting her child’s life in her hands. I think she realized that Willow is truly a good person.

Tara will eventually explain the cheerleading and she has her reasons. As well as their monetary situation, etc. I don’t think Willow can resist the allure of an adorable Tara-baby.

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover - Of course he did! :grin Guys seem to think the eye patch is sexy. Uh, it does nothing for me. :p

Tara can’t help herself where Willow is concerned, she’s drawn to her, but doesn’t really know why...yet!

WillowFish explained it pretty well (thank you:) and it’s exactly that, a work shift that overlaps the day shift and the night shift. Whenever I say it, I always think of the 1984 movie of the same name with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. Not the greatest flick.

Anyway, you are correct about the Cordettes and their penchant for trendy clothing, but maybe she has something else they need and they are willing to forgo the clothing or maybe Tara does have some trendy clothing? Or maybe...you’ll just have to wait and see. :p

Thanks for the feedback.

JustSkipIt -. Pretty damn desperate! I think Tara was able to see that Willow is trustworthy enough to leave Chelsea with her. Besides, she can’t do worse than cat pee lady.

OT: That (the cat pee) wasn’t from my personal experience, although it did happen to a friend, but Jordan did get injured twice when she was a toddler. Once at a daycare and once with a baby sitter. The daycare deal wasn’t really their fault, a bigger toddler hit her in the face trying to knock her off a rocking horse and bloodied her nose. The babysitter...well, that’s a longer story. Let’s just say it didn’t end well for her, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

WillowFish - So glad you like it! Yep, she most definitely is in over her head, but having a baby will do that to you. My wife and I felt the same way and there was two of us! lol

I think Willow will probably come through for Tara, but she has to analyze everything to death first:)

Thanks for explaining the swing shift! ;-)

Thanks for the feedback!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (10-1-12)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:24 pm 

TITLE: Baby Makes Three

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 9

Willow sat at the small desk in her room with a notebook and a calculator. She’d been charting and crunching numbers for at least an hour. Since starting her job six months ago, Willow had obsessively tracked every hour and every dime she’d made. Most of the money she deposited into her bank account, an account which already had a substantial amount from birthdays, holidays and her Bat Mitzvah. Willow was nothing if not frugal with her money, her parents insisted on it. Her father was always droning on and on about rainy days and the importance of not living beyond your means, blah, blah, Willow thought ruefully. Her parents had visual access to her account and her father practically squealed when he saw the large sum Willow had managed to save. Little did he know that Willow had dual plans for the money, not just buying a car or ‘saving for a rainy day.’

She flipped back several pages to the front of the notebook and pulled out an old worn brochure from the front folder pocket. Across the top in faded blue lettering were the words, Destination Design, America’s Top Computer Program Design Camp For Teens. Willow had wanted to attend the two week summer camp ever since she discovered it’s existence on a trip to Los Angeles with her family several years earlier. She begged and pleaded with her parents for years, but they wouldn’t give an inch.

Sheila and Ira Rosenberg’s vision of their only child’s future was a doctor, lawyer, or scientist and not someone who played with computers. They had driven Willow nearly insane over the years with endless chatter about college and career choices; spending numerous summer vacations visiting various college campuses instead of amusement parks like normal families.

Finally, knowing they would never budge, Willow decided to take matters into her own hands and began socking her money away. With her eighteenth birthday coming up in March, enough money for the camp and her own transportation...she knew there would be nothing they could do to stop her from attending; not that she thought they would go to great lengths to keep her in Sunnydale. There would be disappointment and a hefty guilt trip, but once they realized she’d already paid and had a solid plan in place, Willow knew they would acquiesce. Despite her parents dreams vs. her dreams, they were a very tight knit little family and got along well. That’s why Willow wasn’t surprised to find herself standing in the doorway to her parents bedroom and knocking softly.

“Mom?”

“Hi honey,” Sheila replied, peering over the top of the book she was reading. She patted the spot next to her in the large king sized bed.

Willow smiled gratefully and hopped up on the bed. “When’s Dad coming home?”

“Oh you know how those conferences go, out on Tuesday and home on Friday.”

Willow nodded; sitting crossed legged next to her Mom, eyes down and futzing with the cuff of her pajama pants. Sheila closed her book and took off her glasses. Willow’s pensive actions were a tell-tale sign that something was on her mind.

“So, you want to talk about it?” Sheila asked.

Willow chuckled lightly, “I hate that you know me so well.”

“Well, it’s kind of my job.”

Willow puffed out her cheeks and blew her hair out of her face. “I um, I got offered a regular babysitting job three days a week, but I’m not sure if I should take it.”

“Will you be quitting the Doublemeat?”

Willow shook her head, “No, it doesn’t pay enough, but I’d be doing someone a favor and I could probably make up the difference in pay at the DMP.”

Sheila pondered Willow’s dilemma, “School and two jobs. Can you handle that?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “Yeah, it’s no big. I could get all my homework done while I’m sitting.”

“So what’s the problem? Sounds to me like you have it all figured out.”

Willow sighed heavily, “Well, the person I’d be sitting for goes to my school...she’s a student.”

Sheila’s eyes widened in surprise, “Oh, I wasn’t aware there were any students with children. I would imagine it’s very difficult for her.”

“Well, that’s the thing, no one knows. They um, they all think the baby is her little sister. I’m not sure what’s harder, being a teen parent or keeping it a secret. I think they both exhaust her.”

“Wow, that’s an awfully big secret to keep,” Sheila said, giving Willow all of her attention.

“Yeah, but that’s not my biggest issue. She’s a Cordette.” Sheila eyed Willow questionably, having no idea what she was referring to. “Oh um, she’s a cheerleader...hangs out with Cordelia-”

“...Chase, yes unfortunately I’m well acquainted with her mother,” Sheila grumbled. Now it was Willow’s turn to look surprised. “Sorry, but that woman is just...unpleasant.”

Willow laughed at her mother’s visible dislike of the Chase women, “Yeah, I guess the apple didn’t fall far from the bitch tree. Oh, sorry...”

Sheila chuckled at her daughter’s use of words, “It’s okay honey I feel your pain, Jackie Williams...Chase, was a pain in my ass in high school,” Sheila lamented.

Willow’s eyes grew wide, “You went to school with Cordelia’s mother?”

“Oh yes, I’ve know her for over twenty-five years. We cheered together until I decided to drop it and focus on academics instead. I don’t think she ever forgave me for that and in return, decided to make my life a living hell.”

“Geez, I feel like our last name should be McFly or something,” Willow said causing Sheila to laugh heartily.

“Willow, if you don’t mind me asking, who is the girl with the baby?”

“Her name is Tara-”

“Maclay? Tara Maclay?”

“Gosh Mom, you need to stop doing that...it’s creepy. How do you know all these people anyway?”

“I’ve lived here my whole life, well except for college and grad school and contrary to ‘popular belief,’ I do have a life outside of this house. I’m not just Mom, you know?” Willow rolled her eyes in typical teenage fashion. “Tara Maclay...I had no idea they’d moved back. I bet her father completely flipped when he found out she was pregnant.”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “He’s not here, I’m pretty sure it’s just Tara and her mom.”

“So no Donny either?”

“Who’s Donny?” Willow asked.

“Donny is Tara’s older brother.”

“How much do you know about them?” Willow was officially intrigued.

“A lot actually. You probably don’t even remember, but you two used to be friends.”

“Really!? I don’t...I mean, I kinda remember her. I think she was in my second grade class, but then she moved away in middle school or junior high...I dunno.”

“I’m not surprised you don’t remember. Tara was so quiet and shy, plus she had a terrible stutter. Anyway, we all used to be friends; Daddy and Mr. Maclay worked together and that’s how I met Jen. I think you and Tara were three or four years old at the time.” Sheila paused while Willow scooted closer. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Jen and I became friends and regulars on the ‘birthday party circuit,’ so did Jackie Chase. That’s probably how Tara originally met Cordelia.”

“I don’t understand Mom, if our families were friends, then how come I don’t remember Tara?”

Sheila sighed, “It’s hard to explain, you see her father was very controlling and at some point he became ‘born again.’ Although, we’d already started to drift before that.” Willow gave her mother a sad look. “Things happen sweetheart, you develop different interests...Jen enrolled Tara in dance classes and I enrolled you in piano.”

Willow’s head shot up with realization, “Oh God! I remember dance classes...it was horrible,” She stated with a look of abject horror on her face.

Sheila laughed, “We decided to enroll you two together and I took you to the same classes as Tara; it was a disaster. I think you had four left feet.”

Willow frowned, “Gee thanks.”

Sheila giggled a little more and reassuringly patted Willow’s knee, “Anyway, the more immersed Mr. Maclay became in the church, the less and less we saw of them until they finally moved away.” Sheila was careful not to tell Willow that it was ultimately Mr. Maclay’s anti-Semitic views that drove a wedge between them.

Willow’s brows were knitted as she thought about how life must have been for Tara. “That’s actually kind of sad.”

Sheila nodded, “Friends come and go Willow. It will happen to you as well, especially as an adult. You’ll be busy with your own family someday and those relationships will come in second and some will fade. It’s just the way things go.”

“I guess,” The younger redhead replied meekly as she settled into the bed next to her mother, not quite ready to go back to her own room. She was enjoying the calming effect of Sheila's fingers, gently running through her hair.

Willow’s thoughts were now focused on the new information and she probed deep in her mind, trying to remember their families spending time together when she was little. Nothing specific came to mind, so she shifted to the more anxiety ridden memories of dance class. She never did remember Tara specifically, but she did remember a little blonde girl holding her hand when she was too nervous to perform. Willow smiled at the memory and drifted off to sleep.

Tara was on pins and needles as she made her way to her locker after school. Several days had passed and there had been no answer from Willow. At some point over the weekend, she’d realized that she was getting a dose of her own medicine. She now knew exactly how Willow felt waiting to hear from her regarding the Cordelia situation. Tara was tired, stressed, and worried about her daughter. Her Mom had Chelsea for the next couple days, but what would happen after that? Would she have to quit school? Take her back to the cat lady? All these things combined were making her sick to her stomach.

Tara turned the combination dial on her locker, popped it open and a folded white sheet of paper floated out. Tara looked at the paper quizzically before bending to pick it up. The note was short...

I’ll do it. ~Willow 555-1212

Tara smiled broadly, hardly able to contain herself. “Thank God,” She said out loud, pressing the message to her chest.

“Since when did you become so religious?”

“Huh? Oh hey Cordy,” Tara said happily.

“Wow, religion must really agree with you. What’s got you so cheery today?”

“I um...I found a regular baby sitter for my da- for my little sister.” Tara cringed and prayed Crodelia hadn’t caught on. For once Tara was glad that Cordelia wasn’t really paying attention to her as she popped open her locker and eyed herself in the mirror.

“Geez, it’s about time. It’s so unfair of your Mom to lay all the responsibility on you when she’s the one that went and got herself knocked up.” Cordelia said with a condescending tone of voice.

Tara clinched her fists and gritted her teeth, “It’s not like that Cordy.”

“Well whatever, I’m just glad the kid won’t be a distraction for you anymore. I need you focused, we can’t win state without you. This is my senior year and I wanna go out with a bang.”

“Yeah,” Tara said as Cordelia walked to cheer practice with her, changing the subject to a weekend shoe sale. Tara nodded politely every so often while Cordelia yammered on.

Tara had grown accustom to appeasing Cordelia over the past few months. She’d wanted nothing more than to just fit in, but even she had to admit, the girl was annoying. Being a cheerleader made her friends with Cordelia by default, and she decided early on she would rather be on Cordy’s good side.

As they approached the door to the locker rooms, Tara slapped her palm to her forehead. “Ugh, I forgot something in my locker. I’ll be back in a few.”

“Uh? Okay, but don’t be late!” Cordelia said, rolling her eyes and disappearing into the gym.

Tara turned and walked away, looking back to make sure Cordy was out of sight, before ducking into an empty hallway and pulling out her cell.

The phone rang several times before an out of breath Willow finally answered. “Hello!?”

“Hey Willow, it’s Tara. I um, I got your note...” Tara said nervously.

“Oh hey Tara. Sorry it’s so noisy, I’m at work and probably shouldn’t even be on my phone, but I saw you calling, well I didn’t actually know it was you, but I saw a number I didn’t recognize and I don’t get many calls, so I answered and here I am and, and...I should probably shut up now and let you talk...”

Tara couldn’t help but giggle, Willow was so cute sometimes. Cute? She shook the thought from her head and moved on. “So anyway, I just wanted to touch base and say thanks for helping me out. You’ll never know how much I appreciate it.”

Willow smiled proudly on the other end of the phone, “No problem. So, should I just come over on Wednesday after school? Does your Mom know?”

“Not yet, I wanted to call you first. I thought maybe you could stop by tomorrow evening after work to meet my Mom and get acquainted with stuff before just diving in. Maybe you c-could also um, stay for dinner?”

“Uh sure, that sounds good. I get off work around six-thirty. Is that okay?” Willow questioned.

“It’s perfect, and Willow, thanks again.”

Willow found herself unable to suppress a smile at the sincerity in Tara’s voice. “You’re welcome Tara...I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye”

“Bye Willow.” Tara hung up, clutching the phone to her chest and falling back against a row of lockers. She took a deep breath to ground herself before stashing away her phone and heading back to practice.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:39 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

*Claims Dibs on Starr's behalf*

A day late. But, I Forgive you!!!

Gotta read this...brb

Okay, The Shelia-Monster being a nurturing Mother is just.......DISTURBING!!
Shelia is horrific. Therefore, I hate Shelia. Stop messing with the natural order of things :gnome !!!!

Wow, the downfall of the Rosenberg/Maclay/Chase *pukes* relations is a nice twist. At least I still get to DESPISE that sack-o-shit Mr. Maclay.

Something tells me Willow will be forgoing geek-a-palooza camp for something with a Disney inspired theme by the time this story is done :grin .

Love it, Love it, Looooooove it!!!! :banana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Thank you, Grimm.

Now, I love Sheila. In a Willow/Tara centric world as the one we live in, I really wish we had more of them. Still, as used to your...other Sheila, this one was quite a surprise.

Babby!MacRosenberg flashbacks are a must, and I hope to see more!

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 pm 
9. Gay Now

Squeeeee!

Tiny Tara and Widdle Willow holding hands when they were kids! :banana
OMG that is super ULTRA cute!

I'm sorry, my brain has melted from the utterly cute image.

Dear Goddess, more please... :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi Shel! Wow, your Sheila here is so different, but a nice change of pace. Willow deserves to have decent parents every once in a while, and it's nice to see that she can go to her with her little problem. Seems she already has quite a bit saved, so that's great. I can totally see her calculating all the figures before she makes her decision, but I'm so glad she decided to help Tara. And Tara inviting her over ahead of babysitting time was nice, and the offer to stay for dinner was really, really nice. AND, she thought Willow was cute. Ooh, can't wait til they both realize what these little things mean.

I'm assuming Willow managed to get off work at the DMP the days she babysits or will she be able to do both? Still more questions.

More soon please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:52 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that Sheila turned out to be a decent person... I guess Willow's computer camp trip is either going to be changed to a road trip with Tara & Chelsea or a long time away from Tara & Chelsea... I like the idea of Tara & Willow being best friends as little kids... I hope that after the dinner Maclays (minus the creepy males) and Rosenbergs reconnect and start to spend more time together...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

Post subject: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (10-1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 am 
5. Willowhand

I am very interested in seeing Tara's mom's reaction upon seeing willow again. I like this "forgotten" connection they seem to have from their childhood. Please continue soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

How surprising that the Rosenbergs and Maclays were friends years ago but Willow doesn't remember that. I wonder if Tara does. Wow. Sheila is so different from cannon Sheila. What a very good and supportive listener (in spite of her refusal to accept Willow's career path...).

I don't want to harsh Tara because clearly she has a hard time but I'm curious why Cheerleading is so important to her. I'm not disrespecting it as a sport or hobby or etc. but I'm wondering why it's important enough to 1. Go along with the shitty Cordettes and 2. Pay someone else to watch your child. I mean yes, people should get to pursue their interests but unless it is going to help her get into college or get her a scholarship, I'm not sure I get the payoff. Let's imagine she was playing volleyball and wasn't going to get a scholarship. Would we expect her to keep playing and take time away from her child? I would sort of figure... yeah... it sucks to lose out on your childhood/adolescence but it sort of is reality for a lot of teenage moms. Anyway, I'm not saying she shouldn't get to cheer lead. I'm wondering why she needs to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:05 am 

Grimm - Sheila being sweet...egregious! What can I say? I love to shake things up...especially the natural order of things, lol.

Yes, I still gave you an enemy in Papa Maclay. You’ll hate him even more once Tara tells her story.

“Geek-a-polooza...lol. I don’t know, I think she’s dead set on going. Another wait and see:)

Thanks for the feedback!

faolan228 - First, let me say GOOD LUCK! Not sure where you are going, but it sounds exciting:)

Hey now, my other Sheila isn’t ‘completely horrible.’ After all, she did raise a pretty great kid. ;-) I have to say though, it was weird writing her ‘nice.’ I always wished we could have seen more of the real Sheila in canon. A meet the parents would have been an awesome episode!

Thanks for the feedback!

Azirahael - Glad you liked! More cuteness to come:)

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - Yes, Willow does deserve decent parents and Tara deserves to have her mother and so it shall be! ;-) I think you will enjoy their ‘mini dinner date,’ lot’s of sweetness to come.

Thanks for the feedback!

zampsa19752001 - I thought Willow was ready for a much needed parental break with decent parents:) Hmm, I don’t know, she’s pretty set to go to the camp. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. It would be nice for the families to become close and I’m sure it would also make the future coming out a little easier.

Thanks for the feedback!

fhiwda - I’m sure it’ll be a happy reaction:)

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt - I think the girls were a little too young to remember each other, but I’m sure both sets of parents have lot’s of stories:)

As for your questions...valid points, all. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out and eventually all the why’s will be answered. You are correct, things change and you make sacrifices when you have a child. I think a lot of this is a maturity issue and only Tara can tell us what her motives are:)

Thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (10-8-12)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am 

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Willow Rosenberg is a senior at Sunnydale High. She and her friends are bullied relentlessly until Willow stumbles upon a huge secret and decides to take matters into her own hands. There is no Hellmouth, just lot’s of teen angst, self discovery and of course Willow/Tara goodness...eventually.

Thoughts are in italics

***This chapter is dedicated to my Grandmother; today would have been her 97th birthday. Happy Birthday Nana, where ever you are, I love and miss you so very much.***

Chapter 10

Willow slowly pulled into the driveway at Tara’s house in her mother’s white Mercedes. Sheila didn’t want Willow walking around Sunnydale at night, so she’d happily given up her car for the evening. Willow was a bit nervous about meeting Tara’s Mom and even more jittery being around Tara. She checked her appearance in the mirror again and her breath, but stopped when she could not figure out exactly why she was doing either. Geez, what the frilly heck is wrong with me? After having thoroughly chastised herself, she hopped out and made her way to the front door.

Tara was in Chelsea’s room, changing her crib sheets and trying to suppress the anxious feeling in her stomach when she heard a car pull into the driveway. Tara pulled the curtain back and peeked out just in time to see Willow step out. She smiled widely and tossed the dirty sheets in the hamper before heading downstairs to meet Willow.

Tara rushed down the stairs and pulled the door open before Willow even had time to knock, startling the girl.

“Oh, hey!” Willow exclaimed.

“Hi, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.”

“It’s okay, I didn’t expect the door to fly open. So we’re even!” Willow said cheerfully.

Tara couldn’t help but smile. Willow’s enthusiasm was contagious. “So, how was work?”

“Oh you know, same old same...burgers, fries, and soda.” Willow answered, stepping inside and fidgeting nervously as an awkward silence fell over them. “So, where’s your Mom?”

“She’s in the kitchen finishing up with dinner. Come on!” Tara said as she reached out and lightly pulled on Willow’s sleeve. “Hey Mom, Willow’s here!” Tara shouted, bursting through the kitchen door and startled her daughter in the process.

Mrs. Maclay frowned when she heard the baby begin to fuss and gave Tara a look of disappointment.

Tara laughed nervously, “Oops, I seem to be frightening everyone tonight...”

Willow giggled and moved towards the crying infant; squatted down and removed Chelsea from the swing. “Hey you, what’s with all the big noise?”

As soon as Willow picked up Chelsea, she quieted and began to smile. Tara glanced at her Mom and they shared an amusing and knowing smile.

“What?” Willow asked.

“When Tara told me you were the ‘Chelsea Whisperer’ I didn’t believe her, but now that I’ve seen it, I think she may be on to something. Hi Willow, it’s so nice to see you again sweetie.” She said with a warm smile.

Willow blushed, “Hi Mrs. Maclay, it’s nice to see you too.”

“Please, call me Jen. How’s you’re Mom and Dad? Gosh, I haven’t seen them in years.”

“They’re good. My Mom said to say ‘hi,’ and to give her a call, she said she’d love to get together and catch up.”

“I will, thanks for the message. Dinner will be ready in about fifteen minutes or so. Tara, why don’t you show Willow around a bit? Get her acquainted with the house and everything.”

“Sure Mom, come on Will.” Tara said as she motioned for Willow to follow her. The girls left the kitchen with Willow still carrying Chelsea as Tara took her on a tour of the house, even though Willow sort of already knew her way around. The tour finally ended upstairs in Chelsea’s room so Tara could change the baby’s diaper.

“So,” Tara said as she cleaned up her daughter, “I usually try to give her a bath between seven and seven-thirty. That way I can get her fed and in bed by eight.”

“Wow, that doesn’t give you much time together, huh?”

Tara shook her head sadly, “Unfortunately no, but it’s the only way I can get my homework done and at least get a few hours of sleep. She still wakes up once or twice during the night to eat. Sometimes, I let her sleep with me; it’s just easier that way.”

“Don’t you still have to get up and get her a bottle?”

Tara’s face grew flushed, “Um, I sorta am her bottle.”

Willow cocked her head, she was genuinely perplexed. “Huh? Wha...oh. Oh! I uh, didn’t know you were...I mean because you have bottles and all and how can you do that and go to school?”

Tara giggled, “You babble a lot huh?”

“Yeah, it’s a thing.” Willow chuckled.

Tara responded with a lopsided smile and Willow nearly fainted. Oh God, there it is again! She smiled back goofily, desperately hoping Tara didn’t notice the range of emotions she was sure were playing across her face.

“Well, to answer you’re question...I pump, a lot and she drinks formula sometimes too. Plus, now I’m starting her on a cereal mix. Willow, can you maybe stick around after dinner? I thought maybe you’d like to help me give her a bath and sorta see our nightly routine?” Tara asked hopefully.

Willow nodded, “Sure, I’d love to...thanks.” They stood sort of staring at each other and sort of looking away, except this time it wasn’t awkward, it was a comfortable silence and Willow knew they were, once again, having a moment. Soon the silence was broken by Tara’s Mom, calling the girls down for dinner.

“So...dinner...” Tara breathed.

“Yeah...dinner...” Willow repeated finally tearing her eyes away from Tara as they headed downstairs.

Dinner was relaxed and chatty as the threesome talked about a myriad of subjects from cute furry animals to Tara’s twenty hours in labor with Chelsea. Jen reminisced, telling stories from when Willow and Tara were little; shedding quite a bit of light on their humble beginnings.

As dinner was winding down, Chelsea became restless and Tara knew it was time to get her settled in for the night. Neither she nor Willow was done eating, but the baby didn’t seem to care.

“Looks like someone is getting tired,” Tara said as she rose from the table to retrieve her daughter from the swing. Willow jumped up from her chair to follow Tara as the blonde coddled the fussy infant. “It’s okay Willow, go ahead and finish your dinner.”

“No, i-it’s fine. I wanna help,” Willow said.

Jen smiled, “I’ll cover your plates, in case you’re hungry later.”

“Thanks Mom,” Tara replied.

“Thank you Mrs...Jen,” Willow added.

A little while later Willow and Tara were kneeling over the side of the bath tub while Chelsea happily splashed about.

“Wow, it’s crazy that our families used to hang out and stuff,” Willow said, breaking the silence.

Tara smirked, “Sort of ironic, huh?”

“Yeah,” Willow said with a knowing smile, “I had no idea until my Mom clued me in a couple days ago. I uh, I don’t remember. Do you?”

Tara shook her head, slightly embarrassed. “No, not really. It’s all kind of hazy, sorry.”

Willow shrugged, “Hey, don’t be, I’ve racked my brain and nothing. I guess when you’re little, if people don’t stick around, you just forget.”

“It’s weird, I remember you from elementary school and junior high, but we never really talked or anything so I had no idea about before.” Tara said as she wiped Chelsea gently with a warm wash cloth.

“That’s a cool little seat. Where’d you find it?” Willow interjected, changing the subject.

“Oh, at The Baby Barn, they have a lot of really neat things. It’s a perfect fit for her and the suction cups really stick tight, so no slippage! This way she can sit up on her own and play for a bit while I wash her. She sorta out grew the baby tub and all the constant leaning over was killing my back. This way is so much easier. Sometimes I get in with her, but she’s really slippery and squirmy,” The blonde giggled.

Willow returned the smile, “I found that out when I tried to change her diaper a few weeks ago. Apparently she likes to kick...a lot.” The redhead quipped.

“Always!” Tara agreed. “She was like a kick boxing champion in my tummy.”

“What was it like?” Willow asked.

“Being pregnant?” Tara clarified and Willow nodded. “It uh...it was pretty cool. Well, after the ‘trimester of vomit,’ that is. Anyway, things settle down after that, you get used to your body changing. My skin completely cleared up, not a trace of acne!” Tara smiled brightly. “I think the coolest part was feeling her inside me, kicking, moving...it’s a weird thing to know that you have a life growing inside of you and then to feel it...it’s surreal. Do um, do you ever wanna have kids?”

“Someday, but I guess I need a boyfriend or a husband or something first,” Willow lamented as she turned to hand a bath toy back to Chelsea.

Tara frowned, having no idea why she suddenly became a bit melancholy hearing Willow talk about settling down with a family. She blinked and tried to shake it off, but it was useless.

“I’m sorry, are you alright?” Willow asked, noticing Tara’s sudden mood shift. “I didn’t mean anything, I-I just meant that I would need to be in a relationship of some sort a-and even able to actually speak to a guy to even have hope of getting pregnant, not that I want to just yet and not that it always leads to pregnancy and I think once again I’ll just be shutting up...”

Tara looked amused as she quirked an eyebrow in Willow’s direction. “I get it,” She laughed, “I guess I’m just tired.”

Willow nodded in agreement and reached over to pull the plug, allowing the water to drain from the tub. The sleepy time lavender soap Tara was using was making Willow yawn uncontrollably. She glanced at Chelsea and noticed that the infant was still wide awake and happily splashing about in the draining water.

Unable to suppress it any longer, Willow yawned dramatically, “Isn’t that soap supposed to have this effect on Chelsea? I think she’s immune.”

Tara smiled at Willow’s adorable sleepy face. She grabbed a hooded towel and tossed it over Chelsea’s back, “Willow, always make sure you pick her up with a towel, so she doesn’t slip out of your hands.”

“Right, no dropping the baby. Got it!” Willow said, eliciting a slight giggle from the blonde.

Tara moved with confidence and grace as she picked up her daughter, while simultaneously wrapping the towel fully around her tiny body. Willow was completely impressed and in awe of Tara at the same time. Not to mention how cute mother and daughter were together.

Tara baby talked to the infant, eliciting giggles and laughter. She hugged the infant to her chest, not caring in the least that her shirt was becoming increasingly wet as the bath water soaked through the towel. She rubbed her hand across the hoodie part of the towel, trying to dry Chelsea’s head the best that she could before motioning for Willow to follow her.

Tara lay Chelsea on the changing table and continued to pat her dry, then reached for the tube of diaper rash paste. “She’s been a little rash-y lately, so you’ll need to put this stuff on every time you change her.” Tara smeared a generous amount of the paste on her right middle finger and began to rub it about; failing to notice the look on Willow’s face.

The redhead’s eyebrows shot up nearly to her hairline as she watched Tara apply the white sticky cream between Chelsea’s legs. It was one thing to wipe and get in there with a baby wipe, but this? Willow’s mind was in a quandary and she’d gone completely non-verbal.

“Willow, can you hand me a wipe?” Tara asked; getting no response she finally look in Willow’s direction. “Will? Wipe...please?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah...okay.” Willow said as she fumbled with the box of baby wipes, her hands a bit unsteady, until she finally managed to extricate the wipe and hand it to Tara. She took a step back and crossed her arms across her chest.

“Thanks,” Tara said sweetly as she wiped her fingers clean and quickly diapered the baby. She could sense how uncomfortable the redhead was, but continued her nightly routine.

“Willow,” Tara said softly without looking up, “Are you okay?” She waited a few seconds before getting a reluctant nod from the redhead before continuing. “It gets chilly at night and she tends to kick off her blanket, so I always dress her in a long sleeve footy sleeper. They’re in the second drawer, can you hand me one?”

Willow stepped towards the dresser, opened the drawer and pulled out a cute moon and stars sleeper. She turned and handed the pj’s over to Tara. “She has some of the cutest clothes I’ve ever seen.”

Tara grinned widely, “I LOVE shopping for her! I know it’s ridiculous, because she grows out of things so fast, but I love dressing her up in the really cute stuff. I um...I even got her a little cheerleading outfit.” Tara said as she blushed brightly.

“I bet you both look adorable together!” The words slipped out before Willow had a chance to censor them and it was now her turn to blush uncontrollably. “I just mean, you know, the matching outfits and all...”

Tara picked up her baby, “We do!” She replied brightly. “Unfortunately, because of my Mom’s schedule, she can’t bring her to any of my games. Not that it’s ideal for an infant, but it’d be nice to have pictures to show her later. Like, here we are cheering together or something...” Tara turned her eyes towards the floor, suddenly embarrassed.

“I understand, it’s kinda not the same dressed identically in your living room. So...what’s next?”

“Oh um, just feeding, burping and then bed.” Tara moved to the glider chair and sat down. Chelsea automatically sensed what was to come and immediately began to nuzzle and pull at Tara’s shirt. The blonde smiled affectionately and began to unbutton her shirt.

Willow immediately averted her gaze and bounced nervously on the balls of her feet. Oh my God. What should I do? Act like it’s no big deal? Look away? Leave the room? Just stare because her breasts are beautiful and I can’t seem to look away? Oh God, I can’t believe I just thought that! It’s cool, it’s natural and a beautiful thing. Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant.

Tara hadn’t been thinking when she started to unbutton her top and just as her bra clad breast popped out, she heard a crash.

“Oh crap, sorry, sorry...shit...sorry,” Willow rambled.

Tara looked up to find Willow, while in a mild state of panic and embarrassment, had backed into Chelsea’s dresser and knocked over a lamp. The poor girl was struggling to keep it from hitting the floor and had the moment not been so intense, Tara would have burst out laughing at Willow’s theatrics.

“I um, I wasn’t thinking...not used to having anyone in here when we um, y-you don’t have to stay.”

“Well, if you don’t want me to...I uh, I don’t want to intrude on your time with Chelsea.” Willow nervously replied.

Tara shrugged her shoulders, “I-I don’t mind. Modesty kind of flies out the window after you have a baby,” She chuckled.

Willow flashed a relieved smile, “I’m okay, if you’re okay, but I’ll just sit over here on the floor. I think it’ll be safer for all of us.” Willow quipped, making sure to sit at an angle where Tara’s naked breast wasn’t visible. She feared that if it was, she wouldn’t be able to stop staring.

Willow watched in silence for several moments while Tara fed the infant. The blonde looked upon her daughter affectionately, rocking the glider and humming a lullaby as the baby continued to suckle her breast. It was a lovely moment and Willow felt her heart flutter when Tara looked up and their eyes met. Oh God, what’s happening?

Tara was caught up in the moment as well, but wanted to make sure Willow wasn’t too uncomfortable. She looked up briefly and was overcome with emotion at the dreamy look on the babysitter’s face. Tara’s heart pounded and she felt as if hundreds of butterfly’s had suddenly taken flight in her stomach. Oh wow, what’s going on here? She thought, reluctantly pulling her eyes away from the sweet freckled face across the room and training them back on her daughter. The baby’s eyes were closed and she was clearly asleep, yet her sucking reflex kept her latched on to her mother’s breast. Tara smiled as she gently extracted the infant from the swollen nipple, pulled her shirt closed and placed Chelsea on her shoulder to burp. Once Tara was satisfied with the outcome, she buttoned her shirt and rose to place her child in the crib.

Willow stood when Tara did and joined her at the railing. The girls stood side by side for a long moment until Tara whispered, “You wanna tuck her in?” Tara asked.

Willow nodded and Tara stepped back as the redhead began pulling the small baby blanket up around Chelsea’s waist; leaning forward, she tenderly placed a kiss on the baby’s forehead. “Sweet dreams, baby girl,” Willow whispered and the two teenagers tiptoed out of the room.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:24 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

Hey don't blame me for being quick, it pops up on my phone, i do a quick dibs and put down a real message later.
Mmmm smartphones, Willow would be proud.

Anywho, I love this episode!

Very cute and very real.
I'm not a parent, but i've had to change babies from time to time, and i can empathise with Willow's 'eek! wiping delicate parts!' issues.

I like that they are becoming closer, i foresee happy awkwardness on the horizons :)

it's going to be awesome!

Must admit to a certain curiosity as to Chelsea's origins.
I'm hoping it's not too awful.

I'm hoping for "Huh, so that's sex with boys is like. Nope, not for me... Ooops!"
As opposed to the obvious. I hate to think of nasty things happening to Tara :(

Really looking forward to the next ep! :bounce

Go you! :kiss1

Last edited by Azirahael on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

Azirahael, you are like some sort of evil dibs ninja, I swear!

the first inklings of feelings beginning to bloom, and a bond strengthening. I suppose nothing appeals to a mother more than a potential mate who's great with kids, and it helps that Will is super cute. Really loving how she genuinely cares for her modesty and stuff.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that they now know about their history together... Yay for Willow the Chelsea-Whisperer... Big yay for both of them starting to realize that they have some more-than-friendly feelings for eachother... I wonder what Willow's reaction is going to be when Tara tells her about who the Chelsea's sperm donor is and the circumstances of her conception...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh, so many lovely moments. Just sharing in all the little things just seems to bring them closer and closer. I loved the baby clothes, and they have matching cheerleading outfits, which is just adorable to picture.

Since Tara has kept the baby a secret, I think it's nice that she finally has someone to share all this stuff with. And boy, they both just keep having these fluttery feelings. I can't wait til they figure out what it means.

A mother nursing her baby is a truly beautiful thing, and is something that just can't be expressed in words. The connection and intimacy between mother and child is like nothing else in the world. I'm so glad I did it. And Tara is right, once you go through delivering a child, modesty definitely flies out the window. Picturing Tara nursing Chelsea makes me feel many different emotions, but poor, poor Willow. Now she's thinking of Tara's beautiful breasts and doesn't understand what's going on. Oh boy, I can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I am enjoying the combination of shy confused attraction from both girls with "what did I get myself into?" from Willow. It will be interesting when we learn how Chelsea came about. Whatever her origin, Tara seems totally in love with her (as she should).

Re: the nursing boobs... My wife nursed both kids >3 years and most of her friends are lactivists so it would be nothing to be at a party at our house with any number of boobs on display for nursing.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC: [AU] Baby Makes Three (10-20-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 pm 

Azirahael - Quick draw Azirahael! lol

When the child is yours, it’s not so bad. You kinda get used to it, lol.

They are definitely bonding, but it will take some time for them to get past some of the negative feelings they have towards each other. Eventually!

I’m gonna skip the last part of your feedback because I don’t want to give anything away, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

faolan228 - Tara has no idea she’s looking for the perfect mate, but she’s about to find out! lol

Thanks for the feedback!

zampsa19752001 - There’s nothing cuter than mini Willow-Tara:) They are definitely starting to have feelings, but I don’t think either really understands them yet...it’s gonna take some time, but they’ll get there.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729 - Chelsea is definitely the glue that binds them. Well, until they figure out that there are “other things” they enjoy together, lol.

Tara needed someone to talk to, because even though she is socially active, she is actually kind of off by herself, at least emotionally. So Willow is a very good thing indeed.

I’m living vicariously through Tara...we adopted, so never neither one of us got to enjoy that particular bonding experience, but I remember when my sister was nursing and it really is a beautiful thing.

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt - They will probably be confused for awhile until they fully figure out what’s going on. Tara will eventually explain things and all the circumstances behind Chelsea’s origin. Until then, Willow will be left wondering.

Thanks for the feedback!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:57 pm 

Thoughts are in italics

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday! I’m not sure I’ll have the time to update next week. I’m busy on both of my days off, but I will try...no promises though. Anyway...........enjoy!

Chapter 11

After an awkward first couple weeks, Willow soon fell into a comfortable routine. She would arrive at the Maclay house before one and Jen would already have Chelsea fed and down for a nap. Willow would immediately dig into any unfinished homework or she would read ahead to make things easier with her busy schedule. Chelsea would awaken between two and three and the redhead would change, feed and spend the rest of the afternoon entertaining the infant until Tara got home; usually around five or six.

In preparation for her babysitting duties, Willow had throughly researched infant development and had decided to use her time with Chelsea to focus on some of the things she’d learned. It hadn’t really crossed Willow’s mind until Sheila mentioned, that Willow herself, had been crawling at eight months, the age Chelsea was now. That was when the obsessive research had started and Willow put together a development plan based on her age and current skill level. She decided not to mention it to Tara, for fear the girl would think she was insane.

Willow was on the floor with Chelsea, setting up soft blocks and allowing the infant to knock them over. The baby would squeal in delight each time the blocks tumbled; amusing herself and Willow. The redhead would set the blocks up in a different pattern each time. Sometimes square, sometimes rectangular and some by color. Each time she moved the blocks further away, forcing Chelsea to figure out how to get closer. Most of the time, the infant would fall to her belly and roll, but out of the blue she fell forward onto her belly, pushed up on her hands and knees and began to rock back and forth.

“Oh my gosh!” Willow exclaimed and jumped in front of Chelsea to encourage her on. “That’s it...come on sweetie, you can do it!”

Concentration was etched across the little girl’s face, but she soon became tired and fell to the floor.

“Woo hoo! Great job munchkin, you’re almost there!” Willow said as she swooped Chelsea up in her arms and smothered her with kisses. The baby giggled happily, but soon began pushing off of Willow, eager to get back to the game.

Willow sat her close to the blocks when she heard the familiar jingle of keys and the front door open.

“Honey, I’m home!” Tara joked as she entered the house.

Willow giggled and called out to Tara, “Hey, we’re in the family room! Come here, quick, you’ve got to see this!”

Tara dropped her stuff by the door and hurried into the family room.

“Hey, what’s going on?” The blonde chirped as she dropped to the floor next to Willow.

“Watch this...” Willow said as she gathered the blocks and set them up again just out of arms reach.

Chelsea just sat for a few seconds watching and then motioned for Tara to pick her up; making no move for the blocks.

Tara reached for her and Willow stopped her, “Wait, not yet. Chelsea, hey sweetie the blocks are over here. See? Come on sweet-pea, let’s show Mommy what you can do.” Willow motioned towards the soft colorful toys, even knocking a few over to get her attention, but all of her efforts were to no avail as Chelsea only had eyes for her mother.

The baby began to fuss and Willow sighed deeply, utterly defeated. “Fine, pick her up,” The redhead pouted.

Tara giggled and picked up her daughter. “Tara, I swear...she almost crawled. Just now, right before you walked in the door.”

“Really?!”

“Yes, but now she couldn’t care less. It’s like when you hear your car making a funny noise and you take it to the mechanic, only when he starts the car and listens there is no funny noise. Then he looks at you like you’re crazy...kinda how you’re looking at me right now.” Willow finished, crossing her arms defiantly across her chest. “You don’t believe me!”

“I didn’t say that...I mean if you say she did...” Tara teased.

“Tare,” Willow whined, “Come on, it’s true!”

Tara couldn’t hold out any longer and began to laugh at Willow’s pouty face. It was utterly adorable.

“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist teasing you. Let’s try again, okay?”

Willow nodded eagerly and gestured for Tara to join her, “Okay, but you have to come over here, behind the blocks.”

Willow set up the blocks and Tara sat Chelsea down, then moved over next to Willow. The girls were on their hands and knees with their thighs, arms and shoulders touching ever so lightly. Tara glanced towards Willow; with their faces only inches apart, giving the blonde a very close, very intimate view of the babysitter.

Tara’s breath caught in her throat as her eyes danced across Willow’s delicate features. Her bright green eyes and the paleness of her skin accented by hundreds of tiny freckles sprinkled across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. When Willow smiled and began to encourage the baby to crawl, Tara swooned and nearly fell over.

“Hey, are you okay?” Willow asked, none the wiser.

“Um yeah, I just uh...lost my balance. Super klutz here!”

Tara’s cheeks blushed bright red, completely embarrassed that she’d nearly been caught staring. Her feelings were confusing, spiraling out of control and she could not figure out why she was so drawn to Willow. Why was Willow’s smile having such an effect on her? Other people had smiled at her before and she hadn’t nearly fallen over.

Tara decided that now was not the time for processing, she needed to focus on her child and the task at hand. So she shelved the thoughts and did her best to suppress her blossoming feelings towards her daughter’s babysitter.

Willow on the other hand was so completely focused on getting Chelsea to crawl, she missed the entire display unfolding next to her. She had her resolve face on and nothing was going to stop her from achieving her goal.

“Come on Chels, you can do it.”

Tara changed her position and sat cross legged with her hands out stretched, “Come on baby, come to Mommy. Come on...” She encouraged.

Chelsea locked eyes with Tara and smiled brightly. She suddenly fell forward onto the palms of her hands. Tara gasped audibly and her first instinct was to lunge forward and catch her baby, but instead she felt a warm hand on her arm. “It’s okay Tare...watch,” Willow said.

Tara’s heart was in her throat, but she swallowed hard and simply nodded as she watched her daughter on hands and knees begin to rock back and forth until she tentatively started to crawl forward.

Tara gasped again, “Oh my God!! She’s doing it!”

“See? I told you!” Willow exclaimed, feeling vindicated.

Chelsea crawled slowly, just a few inches, before tiring and collapsing onto her belly. Tara squealed, swooping in and lifting the baby into the air.

“You did it Sweetie! Mommy’s so proud of you!” Tara said as she rubbed noses with Chelsea and pulled her in for a hug. “Wow, that was amazing.”

As Tara gushed and snuggled the child to her chest, Willow sat completely mesmerized. She was mildly aware of the dopey grin plastered across her face and hoped she didn’t look like a complete idiot, but she just couldn’t pull herself away from the girl’s aqua blue eyes. Tara had never looked more beautiful. The way her eyes twinkled, the fullness of her lips and the glow from the wispy tendrils of blonde hair that fell around her face. Willow’s heart swelled with warmth as she fought the urge to reach out and tuck the errant hairs behind Tara’s ears. Then, with that last thought, as if struck by lightening, Willow began to panic and bolted up off the floor.

“I have to go!” She blurted out, so loud and unexpected that it made Tara jump.

“Okay...” Tara mumbled, the disappointment rolling off her in waves. Something had happened, something changed and Tara had no idea what it was.

“Sorry, it’s just that I-I-I have um...homework! Yes, homework a-a-and my parents are expecting me for dinner a-a-and I um, I just...need to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Willow stammered as she ran around gathering her things and rushed out the door.

“Bye,” Tara whispered as the redhead disappeared from the room and was gone. Tara sat with Chelsea in her lap in the stone cold quiet of her house...completely defeated.

After Willow left, Tara didn’t really have time to over think the situation. Chelsea became fussy and Tara took her to the kitchen, sat her in the highchair and fed the little girl dinner. Then it was bath time, some mommy-daughter time, nursing and into bed. By the time Tara was done she was suitably exhausted. She plopped down on her bed, reached for her book bag and pulled out her algebra book.

The large text flopped onto the bed and Tara simply stared, as if she expected it to magically open and feed her with knowledge. Unfortunately, the book laid still and Tara’s tired mind began to wander.

The algebra book was the same book that Willow had returned to her. The same book that had spent time in Willow’s backpack and the same book that undoubtedly spent time in Willow’s bedroom; perhaps even on her bed. Tara ran an index finger down the front of the cold hard surface.

Willow’s room.

What was it like? Was it big? What was on the walls? Tara had no idea, it suddenly occurred to her that she’d never seen Willow’s bedroom because she’d never even been to Willow’s house. Why not? She thought. Well, maybe because she’s never invited you over, duh. Tara scoured her brain, trying to remember if she’d ever been to Willow’s when she was little, but soon gave up. She hardly remembered Willow, much less her house. Tara frowned and set the heavy text aside, lying down instead and feeling a thousand pangs of guilt again for not taking the time to get to know Willow better. Even now, they saw each other nearly everyday, shared special moments and Tara still had not one single clue into Willow’s life. You need to learn to be a better friend Tara. Her last thought as she drifted off to sleep.

In all the time Willow was forced to deal with the Cordettes, she’d always come to the conclusion that they were a bunch of brainless nincompoops. Now, she realized she’d been completely wrong. Well, at least about one Cordette in particular.

Willow was pleasantly surprised to find that Tara Maclay was far from brainless. In fact, Tara was quite the opposite and the more she got to know her, the more she genuinely liked the girl and the more she liked Tara, the more confused she became. Her feelings of ‘like’ were traveling the bullet train well beyond those of friendship, the lines were starting to blur and Willow had no idea how she should be dealing with these feelings. They scared her and caused her to do dumb things, like jump up and run out of someones house like a crazy person.

This particular inner monologue was the main reason Willow skipped lunch with her friends and instead chose the solitude of the library. Not to mention the fact that seeing Xander relentlessly flirt with Anya, made her stomach all acidy. He was like a rabid dog in his pursuit of the new comer and was ignoring Willow to the point where she felt completely invisible.

Willow rounded the corner of a tall stack of books, seeking out her favorite table in the back of the library. When she saw that it was taken, she frowned and visibly slouched. She was so busy making various faces that it took several seconds for it to register that the person occupying the table was Tara.

Willow stopped and took a moment to observe the girl, before moving towards the table. Tara looked tired, frustrated and on the verge of tears.

“Tara?” Willow said as she neared the private table.

Tara looked up, immediately recognizing the voice and gave Willow a small wave, “Hey.”

“Hi. What are you doing here? I thought you always went out for lunch.” Willow said as she slid into a chair on the opposite side of the table. “Oh um, is...is this okay?” Willow asked, seeking permission to join the blonde.

Tara nodded, “Of course,” She smiled sweetly. “I usually do go out, but I kinda screwed up.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, by the time I got done with everything last night, instead of doing my math homework...I sorta fell asleep. I didn’t do the work, didn’t study, I have a test tomorrow, I’m totally confused and if I don’t pass with at least a ‘C,’ I’m gonna get an ‘F’ this semester.” Tara said, out of breath and causing Willow to chuckle. “You’re l-laughing at me?” Tara pouted, a tad hurt by Willow’s actions.

“Oh no, I...I’m sorry,” Willow reached across the table and covered Tara’s hand with her own; suddenly feeling guilty for laughing and for not staying to help Tara the night before. “I um, I’ve just never heard ‘Tara-babble’ before.”

Tara responded with an adorable half smile, immediately calming with the gentle touch, as Willow reassuringly squeezed her hand before letting go.

“I can help,” Willow said with a hopeful look on her face.

Tara shook her head, “No, you do too much already, especially for me, plus aren’t you already helping Xander and Anya?”

“Pfft, those two don’t do anything but make googly eyes at each other. I gave up on them a long time ago, besides I need an excuse to get me out of those awkward study sessions anyway.”

“Willow, I can’t ask-”

“You’re not, I’m offering. No strings attached, please?”

Tara sighed deeply realizing she didn’t really have a choice. She could either accept the help or fail. It wasn’t that she wanted to decline, it was a great excuse to spend more time with the adorable redhead, but after Willow’s abrupt exit the night before...Tara was hesitant. After several long seconds, Tara finally acknowledged with a reluctant nod.

“Great!” Willow semi-shouted, “Oops sorry, what are you having trouble with?” She asked, lowering her voice.

Tara shrugged her shoulders, “All of it?”

“Let me see your book,” Willow said as Tara slid the text book across the table, “Hmmmm, word problems huh?”

Tara nodded, “They make no sense to me. It’s like, If you have 4 pencils and I have 7, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats.” Tara dead panned as Willow broke out in a fit of giggles.

Finally pulling herself together, Willow stood and scooted her chair next to Tara so they could both see the book. “It’s okay Tare, I promise we’ll get it done and by tonight, you’ll fully understand. I guarantee it!”

“Thanks Will,” Tara said sincerely.

Thirty minutes later, with about five minutes to spare before the lunch bell rang, Tara’s homework was complete.

“Thanks again Will, you have no idea how much I appreciate the help.”

Willow’s bright green eyes met with blue and she grinned goofily. “What?” Tara asked.

Willow shrugged, “No one hardly ever calls me Will, I like it.”

“Well, no one calls me Tare except you, so I guess we’re even,” She said with a wink. “But um, not even Xander?” Tara cringed, she had no idea why she asked that question and hoped the distain in her voice didn’t show.

“He usually calls me Willster or Willsterama or something equally embarrassing. He can be so obnoxious sometimes,” Willow said with a slight bit of annoyance. Thinking back to how Xander’s been acting lately.
“Oh, I uh kinda th-thought you guys were s-sort of an item...” Tara was now treading on uneven ground. She wanted to know, but at the same time felt a sharp twinge of jealousy at the mere thought.

“Oh no, we’re just friends. We used to go out but we broke up.”

“How come?”

“He stole my Barbie,” Willow said flatly, receiving a quirked eyebrow from the blonde. “We were five.”

“Oh.”

“I don’t actually date a whole lot...lately,” Willow could feel the crimson creeping up her neck.

“Why not?” God Tara, shut up! You don’t want to push her into dating someone!

“Well, when I’m with a boy I like, it’s hard for me to say anything cool, or witty, or at all...I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have to go away.”

Tara giggled, sometimes Willow was just too cute. “It can’t be that bad.”

“Trust me, it is. Spazz, party of one! What about you? I bet the boys are just lining up outside your door.” Please say no, please say no...

Tara ducked her head, “There’s a few, but I don’t r-really have the time to date anymore.”

“Oh, well I could babysit...i-if you wanted me to.” Willow!!! You idiot!

“Um maybe, I dunno. I haven’t really since...” Tara shrugged her shoulders.

The conversation was growing more awkward by the second and both girls were relieved when the lunch bell finally rang.

Willow nodded in understanding, but desperately wanted to know the backstory on Chelsea. “So, I guess I’ll see you tonight?”

“Tonight, after practice as usual.”

“I’ll stay, if it’s okay, to help you study for your algebra test?

Tara smiled sweetly at the prospect of spending more time with the redhead, even if it was just platonic. “Sounds like a plan. Bye Will.”

“Bye Tare.” They said as they exited the library into the busy halls of Sunnydale high.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs :banana

She doesn't date anymore after????!!???!?....You dirty tease :rage !

If Tara wasn't so caught up in her own confusion, she'd realize that willow did all those super-spazz things with her the night before.

Those two are so cute with their little crushes and I love Chel's a little more every update :bigkiss .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Almost got Dibs, but got distracted by readind the update :sigh
Anyway, I really like this fic. I haven't left feedback on any fics that I like reading recently (sorry :blush ), but I must say I'm surprised by how the girls are getting close, even if they have confusing thoughts right now. I honestly didn't think it was possible for it to happen so soon after reading the first chapter, they had such strong hatred feelings about each other. Kudos for Finey McFine on this wonderful writing and for making it possible :)

Looking forward for the next chapter! (and one on "Racing The Rain" too, please?)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:58 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi Shel! I love seeing them getting closer bit by bit. Willow researching infant development is just so "Willow", and setting up a plan for her is so sweet. It shows how much she cares. Then getting to share the first-time crawling milestone with Tara is awesome. That's something huge for a parent, and getting to experience it with and thanks to Willow, just warms my heart. I'm hoping they get to share many more of those moments.

I love Tara swooning at Willow's smile, then Willow spazzing when she starts thinking about Tara in not-quite-a-friend-like way. That would be confusing and terrifying.

Tara venturing to ask about Xander, thinking he and Willow were sort of an item, and already feeling jealous, wow, that's a very telling moment. And I love LOVE how you worked in Willow's speech about the Barbie, how she doesn't date much, lately, only makes vowel sounds, then just goes away. That's one of my favorite all-time Willow moments. Willow just needs to carpe Tara. Oh, God, I can't wait for their first kiss! I know it's not coming right away, but I'm loving the little steps moving them in that direction.

Great job again!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm 
9. Gay Now

I loved it!

It was cute and awesome, and i loved how they're getting closer.
And Willow panicking, very Willow.

And, yes, you are a tease!

Hurry up and update, so we can all find out!

R

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:45 pm 
5. Willowhand

Woot for updatey goodness!

Very cute, gotta love the firsts. I'm happy to see the girls beginning to realise that they are feeling more than friend feelings. Squee!

:eatme :banana

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:35 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for awesome update-y goodness... Extra big yay for Willow & Tara getting to share Chelsea's first crawling... Yay for Willow making a chart about Chelsea's development... I guess Willow helping Tara in math leads to more private Willow-Tara time...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 am 
5. Willowhand

lol omfg Daddy!Willow is best Willow!

Another great chapter as always! Hope to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Shelby, :bigwave

I enjoy how you have their feelings progressing, it's natural and doesn't feel contrived or forced. BUT you are soo very cruel! Willow isn't the only one that wants the backstory on Chelsea!?!?!

This got me to laugh out loud in sympathy:

Quote:
Tara nodded, “They make no sense to me. It’s like, If you have 4 pencils and I have 7, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats.” Tara dead panned as Willow broke out in a fit of giggles.

Math never was one of my strongest points, and I have yet to actually use algebra as an adult.

I can't wait for the next update as normal, and uh hey, when might we see another chapter of Racing the Rain? I can swipe my beta's poking stick, I get threatened with it often enough... gee, guess it's not the motivator it was supposed to be.... :glasses

Heather

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:57 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hi Shelby Sorry my feedback is so late, I'd planned to post up 9 only to end being rushed into hospital with meningitis and pneumonia, when I get sick I really get sick :p. But I'm back now and with (hopefully) up to date feedback.

Chapter 9

It's nice to see a story where Willow gets along with her parents even though they have differing visions of her future career.

Interesting revelation that Sheila used to be a cheerleader and was friends with Cordelia's mother. After having seen her on television I wouldn't have thought it of her.

And she knows the Maclay family too? this has to be more than a coincidence

It's fascinating how you've weaved together how everybody knows each other with the mother's all being friends earlier.

Sheila was careful not to tell Willow that it was ultimately Mr. Maclay’s anti-Semitic views that drove a wedge between them.

Does this mean that Mr. MaClay has nazi or neo-nazi type beliefs? Seriously not cool...not cool at all.

“Geez, it’s about time. It’s so unfair of your Mom to lay all the responsibility on you when she’s the one that went and got herself knocked up.” Cordelia said with a condescending tone of voice.

And again the question raises itself why are Tara and Cordelia even friends? Also what gives Cordelia the right to talk about someone like that?

“Not yet, I wanted to call you first. I thought maybe you could stop by tomorrow evening after work to meet my Mom and get acquainted with stuff before just diving in. Maybe you c-could also um, stay for dinner?”

And I'm guessing that Willow will learn a whole lot more about how her family and Tara's family interacted and were friendly with each other.

Chapter 10

Tara pulled the curtain back and peeked out just in time to see Willow step out. She smiled widely and tossed the dirty sheets in the hamper before heading downstairs to meet Willow.

This sounds like the meetings between Willow and Tara are going to become a lot easier from now on as well as a lot more fun.

I like the idea of Willow being the 'Chelsea Whisperer' and her being able to calm Chelsea so easily.

When Mr's Maclay says to Willow that it's nice to see her again I'm guessing that she means since she last saw Willow asa young child. I don't believe she's actually met Willow in the story till this chapter.

If Tara is breast feeding her daughter wouldn't it be noticed in school if she suddenly started to lactate by chance during class or even worse during cheerleader practice. Plus we know Tara has nice curves but wouldn't the breasts become extra curvy with her milk???

Tara giggled, “You babble a lot huh?”

“Yeah, it’s a thing.” Willow chuckled.

Tara responded with a lopsided smile and Willow nearly fainted. Oh God, there it is again! She smiled back goofily, desperately hoping Tara didn’t notice the range of emotions she was sure were playing across her face.

YAY, at last they appear to be recognising something in each other. Certainly Willow seems to be noticing something in Tara and her 'lopsided smile'.

A little while later Willow and Tara were kneeling over the side of the bath tub while Chelsea happily splashed about.

Willow and Tara washing little baby Chelsea, squeee, I'm in W/T heaven right now.

Tara said that it was pretty cool having Chelsea, knowing she was in her and growing but wouldn't have any of Tara's school friends at the time noticed the swelling of the stomach. I've seen a lot of pregnant ladies and the swolenbely is what I usually pick up on.

Awww Tara's getting all moody about Willow wanting to one day settle down with a family of her own. Perhaps she one day want's to expand her own family with Willow :wink

Ahhh sweet adorable Willow, I feel the same way as you do when it comes to Tara's breasts as in much :drool

That was such an awesome chapter with all the stuff between Willow and Tara and Chelsea, just so sweet and adorable. Please get them together soon Shel, otherwise I may explode with the adorableness of them together

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next