The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do)
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 139
Rating - PG13 - Body Horror lite
Prompt - Brain

“You two are the witches?”

“Uh huh,” confirmed Willow

“And you will help me?”

Tara looked to Willow then back at the stranger. “If we can.”

The cloaked woman threw back her hood. ”Turns out a bit of cosmetic surgery with a witch doctor, entailed a slight skull shrinking.” Loose skin stretched tight, being held back with a clip. Eyes floated in fluid filled goggles. “And it hasn’t stopped.”

“Sounds like a headache,” was all Tara could muster.

“Quite.”

“How are you alive?” Tara elbowed Willow. “Asked in a not rude way. Science. Organs.”

“I was never considered the brightest.”

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K(Suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Heart

Xander handed over the modified initiative gun to Willow.

“How safe is this Xander?”

“Safe,” he said handing another to Tara.

“You can’t say safe to define safe.”

“Will, can we not do the tetchy angriness while holding the tetchy weaponry.”

“Tetchy?” Willow and Tara said simultaneously.

Xander dodged Willow and answered Tara. “Lots of electricity. Like a Taser on super solider serum.” Xander hesitated at Tara’s blank expression. “Should have asked if you have a pace maker. Don’t use it if you have a pace maker.”

“Anything else we should know?”

“Didn’t have time to test them. Let’s go!”

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Fri May 03, 2024 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:50 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages but likely not for fairies)
Prompt - Butterflies

“Oh no, fairy wings rip off way easier than a Butterfly’s or moth’s.” Anya mimicked a ripping motion, memories in her eyes.

“Aren’t they part of their body?” Asked Tara.

Anya ripped out a strand of Xander’s hair.

“OW!”

“Get a haircut.” She threw the hair back at him. “Fairies don’t so much cut their wings but modifying them is a fashion.”

“So these wings could be, offcuts?” Questioned Willow.

“Meaning we might be on to nothing,” said Tara.

“It’s something. Has to be.”

Riley cleared his throat, “how did you measure the force needed to pull off the wings?”

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 10:14 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses - Different colours of rose have different symbolic meanings.
Author's Note - May the fourth be with you.

“Red!” Pointed out Buffy.

“Blue.” Dawn called.

“Green,” chimed in Willow.

“And here’s Windu’s purple.” Xander gleefully cried two inches from the TV screen.

Tara tilted her head at the screen. “Do the colours mean anything?”

“Red means bad guy. Red is always bad guy.” Answered Buffy.

“Purple means cool because Windu is cool. OOH there he is!” nose now touching the action.

Willow looked up to Tara. “Not your thing?”

Tara shook her head, not wanting to offend.

Willow lifted herself from the comfort of Tara’s lap, extending her hand for Tara to take.

“Going on a snack run.”

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 7:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Remember (but oh so much I want to forget).
Author's Note - It's longer than the drabble.
Spoiler:
The last two quotations and end of the first are not my own. I read them in a book last night and I just couldn't do it. I was finally getting the character depth I wanted (compromised at this point of the book) and I was getting in the zone for the character core to absolutely sing a belter and elevate everything so far into an understanding. No. it came across as the cheesiest out of place chat up line and it played out as a dramatic declaration of love. I read it through a few times and I get what the Author was trying to do, the emotional points hit and how this relationship between characters works. But It was all trying to be an allegory of being gay and for the character and world its set in, it just doesn't work (sexuality, gender, race, species, hologram, robot, dead, alive, all a non issue - mostly). It took away any meaning from the character and the interaction for me because it felt like a generalised box tick. Its not so much not having the characters voice but not having the characters words. The allegory could have worked but it didn't because it lacked the characters words.

So this is my half arsed attempt of what I wanted while trying to do the author's box tick.

Also wanted to try this quotation with paragraphs thing, i keep seeing it.

Personally, I would have had the final quote as "Who I am." followed by "Who's that?" "I don't yet know." "What do you know?" then do the big 'will they wont they' finally revealed with a kiss. but for Tara and Willow and out of context from the original work with different characters, doesn't make complete sense for this.

It wasn't even advertised as a romance!

“My whole life there’s been people telling me what to think, what to feel. What I thought I felt and what I knew, was told to be wrong. By whoever saw fit to tell me. My Dad, Donny, Jonathan, Monks I’ve never met, Glory. Then even you.

“I started to believe they were right. Their imposed thoughts were my own. At least for a time. I don’t mind some of them.

“I had to go workout for myself what I think, what I feel.“

Willow was transfixed by Tara words and pointed gaze. “Which is what?”

“How beautiful you are.”

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:23 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Forget
Author's Note - Dedicated to someone I still don't know how to feel about even after all this time, but out of all our conversations this one comes to me most often.

The muscled vamp was ready to pounce. Her braided ponytail swayed with the bounce of her feet. She snarled her advance.

“WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! You can’t.” Willow waved her hands above her head, backing into Tara.

“Yeah you can’t.”

The vamp paused in confusion.

“Cramps. I have cramps. Girl code.”

“She didn’t take Tylenol before leaving,” added Tara.

“Pfft hormones. PMS brain, urggh.”

“I told her. She gets really defensive this time of the month.”

“Hey! Do not.”

The vamp folded her arms, nodding in agreement. “I get it. It was like a demon was in me. All over blood.”

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Serenade
Author's Note - I refuse to call the Queen of Black Magic Tara. Won't do it, never will. But Vamp Willow is allowed here and lore wise (depending on who's writing that week) it's not Willow so in honour of #AmberBensonApprieciationDay I'm splashing in her puddle. And while I cant stand TQBM, I can't deny the idea of her and Dark Willow duking it out is music to my ears.

Words swirled up Willow’s arms, dancing around her protruding dark veins. The information and power intoxicating her being, lost in the abyss.

The Grimoire snapped shut closing off the connection. “No, no, no. One doesn’t help themselves to the queen’s collection.” The Queen of Black magic strode into the room.

“All these candles, seemed inviting.”

They circled the podium where the grimoire sat, their gaze on each other. Their power radiating.

“If you had any sense you’d get on your knees.”

Willow’s eyebrow raised “For queen or country?”

The corner of TQBM’s mouth turned skyward. “Two of those syllables work.”

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13 - BS reasoning, its suitable for all ages.
Prompt - Bats

Willow stretched out her arms, sensing the room around her. Her blindfold tied tight failed to muffle her hearing. Proven by the footstep she heard to her left. She turned gingerly stepping forward keeping her arms stretched out front.

Then came a clasp of the door handle, Willow spun towards it receiving a cushion to her back. “No fair, I said no magic.” Willow pulled down her blind fold.

“I was hoping you’d turn back around so I could do this.” Tara slipped her arms around Willow’s waist holding her in close. Placing a kiss on pouty lips. “Forgive me?”

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Forget

Tara held Willow’s hand in her own, inspecting its lines. Picking up any detail to signify her future.

Spoken secrets.

Shrimp.

Blood.

Genuine moulded plastic.

Death.

Blue.

Anger.

Pain.

Confusion.

Lost.

Pancakes.

Sorrowed return.

Betrayal.

Song.

Hopelessness.

Chicken.

Cow.

On a hat?

Thirsty.

Green.

Rescue.

Connection.

Pain shot through Tara’s chest.

A flame flickered in the darkness.

A green stem topped with pink blossom.

The flame engulfed it.

Gone.

“What do you see?”

Tara felt her senses return. A weird sensation as she’d only looked at Willow’s palm for a second. “Willow hand.” A suggestive smile crossing both their faces.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:48 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Prompt - Roses - Have thorns.
Author's Note - Context. The T isn't written strong and that S looks like a Y. For years I thought she wrote Horny.

Willow and Tara wandered the narrow corridor. The derelict walls causing them to push past curling wallpaper. A single door stood at the end.

The room was dark. Black walls with dim red hues lighting up the chalk words written all over the room.

“Tara you think this might be one of those,” Willow lowered her voice to a whisper, “sex parlours?”

“What makes you say that?”

“Oh you know bad boy written on the wall. Horny.”

“I think that says thorns.”

“Poor penmanship explains that but what about the suited horse guy standing on that ladder?”

He remained silent.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Silence and Four Calling Birds.
Author's Note - It's Eurovision Day! Today's inspiration.

Lightning in clear skies. No crack of electricity or thunder to accompany it. Bright streaks bursting through Sunnydale’s horizons.

Willow had followed them for the past hour. Each pathway of light led to one insignificant spot in town. From what she could work out there was something camouflaged hovering, without heat signature or sound.

A sigh passed Willow’s lips. If anything said apocalypse it was weird things in the sky. Curiosity won over her pesky annoyance by throwing a stone up at it. The camouflage shifted momentarily. Someone was up there.

“Hello?” Called Willow

“Willow?” a small voice cried.

“Tara?”

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Remember
Author's Note - CROWN THE WITCH! I'd be a hypocrite to complain their win was stolen considering they were grave robbing.

Willow peered out from their bushy cover. “I didn’t look like that did I?”

Tara took another look at the graveside display. “No. you wore jeans.”

“We had no pentagram or ring of candles. We weren’t frightening satanicy,” reasoned Willow.

“Honey, you coughed up a snake.”

“Cough up a snake one time,” grumbled Willow. “She doesn’t have a shovel either and I’m pretty sure Buffy wasn’t blue.”

“Physically.”

Willow pulled Tara back into the bush. “Why are you being like this?”

“We came here to stop this, not make what we did okay.”

“I’m not. It’s different, seeing it. Shameful.”

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:37 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Weeds

“Sunnydale, a knocked over sign giving a title to a flower sprouting from twisted brambles. The kind of town where asking why ends up with asking why again. Then giving up because people are weird.”

“Are you going to talk like this the whole time?” Tara leaned on the doorframe, looking at Willow who had her feet up on the desk, deerstalker adorned and pipe in hand.

“All the dorms in all these halls the prettiest femme fatale stands at mine.”

“Secretary at best, PI Rosenberg.” Tara gave a coy smile. “Isn’t that the wrong outfit?”

“Couldn’t risk cultural appropriation.”

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - 12 Drummers Drumming.

Full bodied notes churned through the cavern. Baritone chanting vibrated the atmosphere by way of ominous chills, accompanied by infrequent thumps on a central drum. Every time the drum beat Willow found herself tripping on her long robe and meeting another disgruntled cult member.

“Sorry. First time. Cult Virgin here. Wait no, not a virgin in a cult but a cult in virgin? I’m not the sacrifice.”

“Urgh newbies, earlier one brought up the patheonic public pontification like some kinda punchline.”

Willow stifled her laughter, funny girlfriend. “She’s not a virg-Sacrafice! Either. Say wouldn’t know where she went do ya?”

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Butterflies - The symbolism of the soul leaving the body.

A groan erupted from Willow as Anya picked up the trivia card. “You have to match the colour to the pie piece.”

“I know what I’m doing, you’ve been correcting me all game.” Anya snapped back.

“It’s how the game works. They’re the answers!”

Tara placed a calming hand on Willow’s shoulder. “Let’s go with history.”

“Which animal is referred to when referencing cloud weight?”

“That’s brown! She’s reading brown,” exclaimed Willow.

Anya mimicked a claxon. “Elephants. Brown isn’t an animal.”

Willow collapsed back onto Tara, her will to argue gone. “Dumbo.”

“This is going better than Monopoly,” sighed Tara.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 1:28 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Bats

Urgh a tie. The first thought Sullivan had when waking. The second thought, he was awake. Both paled in comparison to his third thought, he was hungry. A hunger no amount of Count Chocula would feed.

He pushed up breaking through wood and dirt. He tore himself free with newfound strength.

Muffled voices sounded in his soil clogged his ears.

“Lux,” said a brunette in a long burgundy coat.

A bright light shone into his eyes. Something slammed into his back.

“Got it.” said a different voice from behind.

Sullivan looked down, a stake punctured through his chest. “Oh.”

Poof!

Author's Edit -
Dub wrote:
Muffled voices sounded in his soil clogged his ears.
I'm leaving it. I saw it after I hastily pressed submit and I think it holds to the point of this. not everything is perfect or pristine. its a thought, its written, its let go of.
I'm not happy with how this one came out but it can be built on. Try and try again.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:49 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Butterflies

Neon pink trailed through the trees. Flighty and care free. For as long as the net wielders behind it remained useless. It spun flying straight at them turning up immediately before forehead impact.

The first capturer flailed their net in a mix of it’s there, it’s there! And get off me, get off me! The reaction resulting in a sore backside. “SpongeBob makes this look easier,” moaned Willow.

Tara crouched behind Willow, brushing off pink sparkles. “Sweetie he didn’t catch anything.”

“Neither have we. If only I had whistley holes.”

Tara shook the vial she collected in front of Willow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5