The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:00 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
Rating - PG13 - Different set of lips would be a different rating. Double standards.
Prompt - Brain, Heart.

The grass cushioned their backs as they looked up to the clearest pale blue sky. Conditions not ideal for cloud watching.

“Does there have to be a point?” Willows question was lethargic. Hands resting on her stomach, feet idly swaying.

“What do you mean?” Tara remained looking at the cloudless sky.

“I mean. Doing something. Anything. There’s a reason but is there always a point?”

“Maybe the point isn’t for the person doing but the people who are affected by it.” Tara turned on her side, looking at Willow. “What makes you ask?”

A question met with small soft kisses.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:45 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Bats - More specifically, hearing, bats have amazing hearing capabilities.

“Ask me.”

“Buffy I-“

“Ask me the same question.”

Tara could only yield in the charged atmosphere between them. “Do you look at me and see a mistake, unnatural.”

“All of it.”

“Someone who should be in the ground?” Tara couldn’t look at her. When Tara answered the question she meant it but she wouldn’t change what happened. It was done but she’d never repeat it.

Buffy waited for Tara to look her in the eye. “Yes.” No malice, purely matter of fact. She wouldn’t change or repeat what happened either.

Willow stood at the basement door. Every word heard.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating – PG13 – non graphic injury.
Prompt – Remember – Not the drabble but the reason for writing it.
Authors Note – RIP Akira Toriyama. Every scream attempt into super saiyan is forever dedicated to you. Thank you for capturing my imagination with your stories and art.

“Why am I the Yamcha? I can Goku. Okay maybe not Goku. But Krillin, I can be a great Krillin.” Xander groaned as pain flared through his body.

“Tara!”

“Sorry, keep him talking Will.” Tara cleansed the deep wounds on Xander’s abdomen.

“You’re Bulma, obviously you’re Bulma, all the brains. No so much the boobies.” Another wailed groan as Willow shoved his shoulder.

“Please don’t hit him. This attracts to pain points.” She dripped a slave over the injuries in an intricate pattern.

“He’s delusional. Or he better be.”

Tara recited an incantation. “We can get him to the hospital.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:07 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses
Author's Note - I know Andrew is a fan and i could use him but fuck that Teflon coated murderous weasel. Xander can be a DBZ fan instead. James Marsters has been Piccolo and Zamasu, Spike has been neither but I'm breaking my actor personality in a character rule this once.

Willow handed the rose to Tara while retrieving her keys from her purse. “I say we get rid of the babysitter and head to bed.”

Tara embraced Willow from behind, kissing her neck. “If you say so.”

They entered into commotion.

“You have watched it!” Accused Xander.

“Big whoop, Yeah I’ve seen a few but it’s no Passions.”

“You’re so Vegeta.”

“He blows himself up in self-sacrifice. Not for me.”

“Where’s Dawn?” Asked Tara.

“Anya and Dawn headed out when Goku started the spirit bomb.”

“He’s just thrown it so ’bout four hours ago.”

“So much for bed,” grumbled Willow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:11 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Butterflies - There's a scene from Gremlins -
Spoiler:
Pete: Yuck! What'd you say this was called? A putrid stage?

Mr. Hanson: Pupal. Pupal stage.

Pete: Like a butterfly.

Mr. Hanson: Yeah, right. This is a cocoon, and inside, he's going through changes. Lots of changes.

Pete: Like my mother.

Mr. Hanson: No, that's different. This is called a metamorphosis. It's a change in form and in appearance.
Author's Note - My mother introduced me to Gremlins. Not dedicating this drabble to you even if it is Mother's Day. Got a mostly unwritten screenplay for that. still not reading my stuff until you watch BtVS though.

“Rough call?” Tara asked, noticing the timid way Willow entered their room.

“Mom wants to have lunch Sunday.”

“That’s good.”

Willow sat on the bed. “Told her no.”

“Why?”

“I thought, if you wanted. Buffy, Dawnie, you and me could go to the beach. Invoke the elements for your Mom. Then we can collect flowers in the woods for Joyce’s grave. Go say hi.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s back. “That sounds lovely.”

“Then we can go for dinner with Mom and Dad, if that’s okay with you.”

“We?”

“She asked for you to. Well for Terra but it’s closer than Terrance.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses, Weeds, Remember and Forget.

The Livingroom was divided. Groans rumbled from Buffy, Xander and Joyce as ‘Best Actor’ was announced.

“All these trips to the movies, they’ve won before I handed them the sheet,” reasoned Joyce.

“I really believed his heartache when he found out his student was getting married.”

“That was his daughter, Dawnie.” Corrected Tara.

“No it was his student. You remember the loveless marriage with his wife, symbolised by the bouquet being weeds instead of roses?” Further corrected Willow.

“I thought she was his sister?”

“Hot sister,” commented Xander.

“Think his sister will win?” Asked Buffy.

“She’s his wife!” exasperated Willow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Prompt - Weeds

Brambles crunched under foot. Each step heavy with exhaustion but the adrenaline in Tara screamed for her to push forward. The snarling and thrashing gaining behind serving as a throat lozenge for her adrenaline.

“Stay on your feet. We’ll cut it off by Croftman’s plot.” Willow spoke in Tara’s mind.

It was too late. Unkempt crusty coiling undergrowth snagged sending Tara rolling through withered pot plants left on neglected graves. She squirmed under a pressing heft. Hot breath blasting her face. Then a light dusting alleviated the panic.

Anya stood, broken shovel in hand, “I don’t get paid for puns.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Silence

Space. No crates. No people. No noise except the shallow breaths of Tara and Willow standing back to back in the centre of the warehouse.

They followed it here, darting between streetlights, the dim hues from neon signage, and headlights from passing cars.

The shadow was jittery, sharp and fast. It now whizzed around in the yellow circles of light dotting the warehouse floor.

“What does it want?” Asked Tara. A question they’d repeated since it beckoned them.

“We can’t hear it. Can’t see it without light.”

The lights cut out, revealing a map drawn in its lingering shadowy glow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - R
Content Warning - Graphic description of mutilated human anatomy.
Prompt - Heart, Brain.

Muscles twitched. Skin flayed and limbs torn apart. Placed in piles. An experiment of discovery. Bones aligned in size. Then there were the 3D diagrams taken straight out of a biology book but they weren’t a diagram. Disassembled and placed together again. Reconstruction for understanding.

Iron scent laced Tara’s shaky inhales. The soles of her boots sticking to the deep red lumps of congealed blood clumping on the inch deep flooded floor.

A hand encroached her shoulder but she couldn’t react. “Tara. Baby.”

Gradually Tara turned, burying herself into Willow. Relentless tears leaving her unlike the images damning her senses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Heart, Remember.

Willow held on to Tara as she slept. No different from any other night.

No longer did Willow think of their time apart as time taken from them. Time they could have shared but never did. Yet they did. In their thoughts, their loneliness and pain, each of them there. Perhaps not as a comfort but undoubtedly there.

The tapestry of their touch an evolution of timidness, tenderness to regretful tautness. Herself to blame.

Tara shifted causing the cover to tumble down her torso. Willow pulled the cover back up. She could never go through feeling her go cold again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13 - Language
Prompt - Six geese a-laying

Night sky blues were pushed back by pink then orange as the sun rose, warming the chilled air.

“How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.” Dawn provided the not quite so serene morning bird calls as she flailed with pompoms, trying her hardest not to concuss herself again.

Tara cheered encouragingly from the porch.

“Did I miss the funky chicken?” Willow passed Tara a cup of coffee. “Remind me why we’re encouraging this? Speaking as a fellow spaz, this is high school suicide.”

“She’s having fun. We could all use some of that.”

“And shake your caboose!”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
May I submit an unsolicited one for St. Drabby’s Day?
Rating - PG
Prompt - The Brits Are At It Again

Paddy.”

Willow’s brow furrowed.

“Huh?”

“It’s ‘St. Paddy’s Day’ not ‘St. Patty’s Day,” Giles continued sagely, “The Irish tend to be particular about these things.”

Willow pouted at being corrected.

“They never struck me as a persnickety lot.”

Xander grinned.

“They must have their potatoes in a bunch.”

Tara frowned.

“T-the potato famine was devasting to Ireland. Their population still hasn’t recovered. A-all because of a devasting fungus.”

“That’s an interesting name to call the British,” Anya quipped,

Giles looked over with an indignant stare.

“I beg your pardon?”

Anya rolled her eyes.

“You colonizers never learn your own history.”

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:26 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses, Five golden rings.

Tara twiddled her thumbs as she sat waiting for Willow and Xander to finish their deliberation.

She never planned today. She didn’t ask to be woken up by a raincoat wearing Anya, crazed eyes covered by sunglasses. Then dragged through meadows in light rain. Search for a four leaf clover and then recite a Celtic charm.

The deliberation finished. Xander pointed his question to Anya, who now donned a black eye and an Irish cap. “Hat shopping?”

Anya nodded, not to be disturbed counting her gold.

Willow pointed her question to Tara. “Why didn’t you tell me leprechauns are real?”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
“You colonizers never learn your own history.”

Took GCSE and A-Level history. This includes world history but one of my A Level modules was to do with UK politics (apart from Assembly creation, it was just Westminster politics but hey ho that was the course name.) from 1945 - 2010.
In that we learnt two things linked to Ireland and Northern Ireland, IRA attacks and the Good Friday Agreement.
The Potato Famine would have been covered in early high school years (11-13 year olds).
However these things are not focused on Ireland at all. History is written by the winners and our textbooks certainly play into the 'victories' over the atrocious shit done in our long history. The Potato Famine would be covered in a line when learning about Queen Victoria, I remember spending more time in deciding who she should marry by reading lonely heart columns of her suitors.
The IRA attacks mainly focused on the Brighton Tory conference bomb and The Good Friday Agreement was more to do with blowing smoke up Tony Blairs arse regarding foreign diplomacy.
However that is due to the course focus.

Other than that. I do not recall anything being taught about Ireland. Different schools may have different courses and Uni courses more varied with independent study however in compulsory learning Ireland is not taught. At least that's my experience, our national curriculum has been in constant flux for decades now. Could mean things are changing for the better but highly doubt it with how humanities are treated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:01 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Silence
Author's Note - Does it count as enemies to lovers if they were lovers all along?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.”
–Sun Tzu

Tara knew her enemy. On good days she liked to believe she knew herself.

She evaded. Not looking at the attack. Her vision was solely on her opponent. The incomming was clumsy, too much forward momentum ignoring base balance. Tara took advantage and swept across, pinning Willow down. The struggle was futile as the unspoken countdown ended.

Today was a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:43 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember

“Are you the same Xander who asked me if pillow stuffing was the same as turkey stuffing?” Willow looked sceptically at her oldest friend.

“Hey, I can have deep thoughts.”

“You’re not wrong as such.” Tara opened a few books and spread them on the table. “All of these detail different gods but some might see them as powerful entities.”

“Right, but these places no longer exist, gods no longer worshiped, yet your spells still work.”

“I guess there’s residual power.”

“So if I believe in Superman enough, in the future he’ll be considered a god?”

“That’s Xander,” resolved Willow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:28 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating – U or K (Suitable for all ages).
Prompt – Weeds
Author’s Note – Just watched Sand Land, Thankyou Toriyama for another positively charming world.

“You seriously underestimate the allure of Bergan’s vending machine.”

“Allure? You find vending machines alluring?” Tara gave a coy smile.

“Well, maybe not the vending machine itself but things around it.” Willow beamed a smile right back.

Tara stopped, arms crossed as she looked at the path still to travel. Nothing but sand as far as the eye could see. Heat haze simmered as stray tumbleweed grazed the desolate earth. “Things?”

Willow took the opportunity to tighten her rucksack straps. “We’ve still got a long walk to this Dryad oasis. I can list them?”

Tara raised an eyebrow, “go on.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Weeds

Undesirable. Those were the streets Willow and Tara now walked. The part of town not good enough for people to learn the street names, the bad part. Looking at the grime covered street signs, Willow thought it was likely no one had been able read the street names. Hearing the utterings of people walking passed them and looking back once passing, it wasn’t just down to sign visibility.

“Anya said we’d find them past the fifth alley. Green door.” Tara kept her head down. The surroundings succeeding in intimidating the meek witch.

“That bin’s green.” Willow knocked. “Oscar the Grouch?”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember

Willow gently closed the front door. She wasn’t sneaking, rather not wanting to disturb. Unlike the feral teens inside who seemed to do nothing but disturb. Even when sleeping their snores were a brag of what she could no longer do. At least not while she couldn’t.

Tara sat on the porch. Enjoying the night’s tranquillity.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

They kept their voices low. “When I was at the coven they were surprised the nights here got cold.”

Tara welcomed the blanket Willow draped on her. “Talking about England, you okay?”

“Starting to understand what Giles put up with, with us.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:27 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Forget

Willow’s sleep was disjointed. Something wasn’t right. Buffy said Jonathan would take care of it and he always did but something was iffy.

The sun peeked through the blinds, she decided to take that as her wakeup call instead of Buffy’s snores or her alarm this morning.

Everything seemed fine. People on campus were being all peopley. No sign of a monster. Jonathan would have told them if he couldn’t do it. So he’d never tell them anything.

Heading towards Tara’s dorm, Willow couldn’t shake the feeling to head elsewhere. She walked the hall coming to the janitor’s closet.

“Tara?”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Prompt - Forget

Spike scoffed. “Do you hear the words out of your mouths or does it turn to white noise under your oh so high and mighty stick up your arses?” Spike looked at them all. “Railroad spikes would do you lot a favour. I’m a murderer. Everyone here is a murderer.”

Buffy went to protest.

“Just because they aren’t people doesn’t mean you haven’t taken a life.”

Anya piped up. “It was a career.”

“I skinned someone, no argument from me,” Willow added.

“He was my friend and I was pushed.” Excused Xander

They looked to Tara.

“It was Willow defence.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:59 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember

The decision was made. She couldn’t stay here any longer. Tara rushed to her room but was met with Willow zipping up a packed bag.

“You’re going to run.”

Tara nodded.

“You always run.”

“Never had my bags packed for me before.” Tara took the bag from Willow.

“Might want to check that.”

Tara sceptically unzipped the bag, noticing both their essentials.

“You run. I self-destruct. You told me that when I was self-destructing. Didn’t listen. Now I’m telling you, you run, while running. But if my better is going to be worse. I’m bringing my better for your worse.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Roses

“Willow Rosenberg!” The woman’s voice boomed across the restaurant drawing other diner’s attentions.

“Cordelia?” Willow didn’t attempt to get up from her table for two, where Tara happily sat opposite.

“Oh my God, I was just in town to pick up my things to fill out this beautiful LA apartment with-“ Cordelia noticed the rose in the centre of the table. “Is this a date?”

“Cordy this is Tara. Tara this –“

Cordelia threw out her hand. “Cordelia Chase.” Tara went to shake Cordelia’s hand but Cordelia withdrew. “Hand modelling call back. Those highlights are a choice.”

“Thanks,” uttered Tara.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:40 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Prompt - Serenade

Willow groaned as she pulled herself out of Tara’s bed. She’d curse her laptop for beeping, interrupting her Tara booping time but she also knew anyone with her email address wasn’t going to be a Nigerian prince.

Willow tapped away at the keyboard, her mumbles growing with dumbfoundment.

“What is it?” Tara sat up as Willow brought the laptop to the bed.

“Didn’t recognise the address but it has this video attached.” Willow pressed play. A man sang Barry Manilow’s ‘Mandy’.

“The camera is all shaky. Why would you be sent this?”

“The voice, that shoe. I think its Angel.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Serenade

Tara was wrapped in a whirlwind of whispered babble and electronics.

“It’s the same email,” were the only words of clarity in Willow’s mouth movements.

“They sent the same thing?”

“Yeah but no. It’s another video.” Willow looked around the library her guilt of talking in the library making her anxious. High school didn’t count. “Put your head in close.”

Tara knew it was for the best to comply.

Willow played the video at the lowest volume, shaky footage of a man singing ‘Everybody Have Fun Tonight’.

“It’s Angel! He’s being tortured.”

“You think its blackmail?”

“It’s not Wang Chung.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Serenade

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Tara walked into Willow’s dorm to be greeted with the loving embrace of Willow monotonously staring at the laptop. Not the screen, the lid was half down.

Beep.

“Angel?”

“Queen C singing Queen. I say singing. Better than her Whitney Huston. Might be down to her other champions, Wesley and some other guy.”

“The watcher that replaced Giles?”

Beep.

Willow closed the lid fully.

“We can’t go to Buffy. If Wesley is there then what’s to say it’s not Faith.”

“Buffy said she’s in prison.”

“Cos it’s convenient!” Willow calmed, “Why can’t it be a Nigerian prince?”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Serenade

Their backs pressed against the cold crypt walls. Xander held a stake close to his chest as he eased his head around the corner.

“I’m just saying, Cordelia rings me about her and now I get a video of Harmony going all Barbra Streisand.” Willow was paying the patrol no mind. Wittering to Tara her woes.

“Cordelia thought I was a boy?”

“Maybe this is the Streisand effect in email form.”

Xander turned back around. “Got good news and bad news. Buffy just dusted those blood suckers in such a way that, bad news Will, you just talked in class.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:01 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Silence

Tara’s purse smashed the lightbulb plunging the basement into darkness.

“Hey! Did you just throw your purse at me?” Anya’s voice came from the now darkened depths of the basement.

Tara hesitated before answering. “I dropped it.” Tara looked in the shop then back down the stairs. “T-there’s a finder’s fee.”

“I’m choosing the fee this time. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re trying to keep me down here.”

Tara looked back in the shop. Willow’s orange hair enamouring a giant rabbit. Willow pressed her finger to her lips, trying to ease floopsey out the door.

“Noooo.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Remember

Willow dumped a plastic bag full of Styrofoam containers on the coffee table as she slumped down on the couch. Her drive back providing no aid in decompressing.

“Tacos?” Questioned Dawn.

“A girl was so happy about tacos I thought. Tacos. So there’s tacos.”

“They’re cold.”

Willow stayed staring at the containers. A retort on all their minds no one dared to say.

Tara rubbed Willow’s back. “Dumb question.”

“You know, rock up to an empty hotel waiting to say. To say.”

Tara wrapped Willow into a protective hug.

“We’re already living it, why does reliving it hurt even more?”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:48 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Forget

“Get down!” Willow pulled Tara into the bush as several motorbikes roared to a halt.

Luckily the vamps weren’t of the Uber variety but with supplies running low and them having a gallon of pig’s blood in their possession along with their own heart pumping variety, made them a nummy treat.

A gangly vamp in loose leather sniffed the air. “Nah nothing boys. Let’s get to the all you can eat LA buffet. No sun, no meal times.”

“No sun? Do we tell Buffy?”

“Forget it, we’ve got our own problems.”

The engines roared away.

“Maybe call Angel?” Suggested Tara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next