The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The WB's 2001 All Star Party or Hey I saw Amber tonight
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:08 pm 
As posted by Unicorns22 at the Fanforum

WHAT: The WB Network's 2001 All-Star Party
WHEN: Saturday, January 6, 2001
Celebrity arrivals begin at 7 pm

WHERE: Il Fornaio Restaurant
One Colorado Blvd., Old Town Pasadena

WHO: Celebrities from such shows as "7th Heaven," "Angel," "Baby Blues," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Charmed," "Dawson's Creek," "Felicity," "For Your Love," "Gilmore Girls," "Grosse Pointe," "Hype," "The Jamie Foxx Show," "Jack & Jill," "Nikki," "The Oblongs," "The PJs," "Popular," "Roswell," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and "The Steve Harvey Show."

From "Buffy":
Nicholas Brendan
James Marsters
Michelle Trachtenberg
Emma Caufield
Amber Benson
Joss Whedon

NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO ATTEND.

------------------
Tara: And see those stars along there? That's the bottom of the pineapple.
Willow: It's big.
Tara: Hence the name.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:20 pm 
Oooh! I know where that is!!! I could walk there from my apartment!!!

Ack! Do I dare try to go star gaze???
Double Ack! I was supposed to be going somewhere with friends tomorrow night!!! Although, some of them are Buffy fans...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:32 pm 
hope they'll place pics in the WB website...party time...!

"where's my burger?...Willow, look at you... witch-fu!" pax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:33 pm 
ooh...i want to go look...mmm...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:34 pm 
Bob for all of the Buffy fans who can't go...you must go and take picture!!!

I would go but a 13 hr flight is a wee bit too much, even for Amber.

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:35 pm 
I might want to go have a looksie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:43 pm 
yes! we should all go! well have a better chance of at least one of us sneaking inside..mwahahaa...throw me over the back wall or something!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2001 11:52 pm 
Okay, I went!

Alas, I didn't bring my camera. If I'd had a little more advance notice I would have brought my digital camera home from work. It's small and easily carried. As it was, I only had my big 35mm, and I didn't feel like enough of a fanboy to lug it through Old Town Pasadena.

Anyway, there was quite a crowd. The WB stars didn't really start arriving in droves until almost 8:00, and the Buffy folks were among the latest arrivals. By 8:30, which was when I'd left, I had only seen three - David Boreanaz, James Marsters and... Amber!!!

Okay, important details first. Amber was wearing this simple but very nice black dress - not the stereotypical "little black dress," but one more conservative, with longish sleeves even. It did have a low scoop neckline, though - umm, not "low" in a slut-way, but still her shoulders were bare. (Hey, I'm a guy, remember? What do I know about describing clothes...? ) The sleeves had these iridescent sequins on the ends, and the belt had matching ones.

My overall impression of Amber is that she has this wonderful geekish charm. I just hope Hollywood doesn't beat it out of her in time. Her skin is so pale, too! It looked even paler than Aly's looked when I saw her at Long Beach last spring - although admittedly I saw Aly on a warm April day and Amber on a cool January night. Oh, and for those who are fans of Amber's lips, they stood out very prominently thanks to some bright red lipstick that gave a nice contrast to her skin.

As for the two vampire boys, David looked somewhat shorter than I expected and James was wearing his hair in the 70s-New York-subway-Spike style. James had a woman on his arm, but David and Amber were both going stag.

As for the other WB folks, the Sheriff from "Roswell" was there, as well as the dad from "Seventh Heaven" and a number of people from "Gilmore Girls" - including the two Gilmore Girls themselves (they're both cuties, too...). All in all, it was a nice evening of fandom.

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited January 07, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:23 am 
Ahh, it was so much fun. I wish I had seen one of you there. I got there at around 6:30 and I looked and looked but saw no one. So I parked myself by the side of the red carpet and stayed there.

Then I waited and waited and finally the stars start to walk down. First I saw Amber. WOW, bob did a good job describing the dress. The bottom of the dress was shorter on front and longer in the back. She had huge high heels on. She was way taller than me which she wasn't at the Santa Barbara signing. So the photographers are taking a million pictures. She's posing as she walks down. When she starts to get close, I start to yell, Amber, Amber, Amber. So she turns to me and I say hi and she says hi. Then I wished her a happy early birthday, extending my hand. She smiled and thanked me and reached for my hand. Then they were ushering her down the carpet. She looked at me and said, "your hair has grown so much," and I was dumbfounded and speechless and I said oh yeah. Then she waved goodbye so she could pose for more pictures. Fantastic! She looked gorgeous. Hair down peeps.

I also saw David Boreanaz (he was just like I pictured him, even wore a long coat, light brown),James Marsters (he had a woman with him, they were taking lotsa pictures together and he looked bigger than I had imagined him to be), Nicholas Brendon (I told him I loved Buffy and shook his hand). I saw Michelle Trachtenberg. She looked fantastic. Simple sweater and tight black pants. And she was real friendly. I told her i loved Dawn and she smiled and thanked me. I saw J. August Richards, Gunn, as well. I didn't see Emma or Joss. I saw a ton of people from Popular and Gilmore Girls and well name a wb show, someone was there from it. All and all a great time. Amber was great!

[This message has been edited by xita (edited January 07, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:32 am 
Drat! I may very well have walked right past you, Xita! And I had my friend Lee who works at the Registrar of Voters with me, too. I would have stayed longer, but we already had other friends waiting for us up in Altadena. Maybe next time...

Oh, Xita mentioning Amber's hair reminded me - Amber's hair is still dark, although it didn't look as red to me. Then again, it could have just been the light.

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited January 07, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:48 am 
Yes Robert.. i stopped looking when I found a spot, and I didnt' really look around again till 9:30. Her hair looked brown yes not red.

I forgot the best part, after Amber mentioned my hair, the girls next to me were like, you know her? he he .. I was like not really.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 9:34 am 
Okay, this my obligatory my head has just exploded from jealousy reply (it's a dutch thing):

(kidding of course April).
Xita that's great (Bob for you too of course, but Xita got to toucha touch her as well), I wanna see pics as evidence of course.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited January 07, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 9:46 am 
Xita was telling this story last night on #TheKitten but I kept getting booted...GRRRR

I'm very happy for you xita and you too BBOvenGuy, you guys are SO lucky to have seem Amber in person, I'm so jealous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:04 am 
There was chat last night? Dagnabbit, I missed it somehow. Oh, there was all that Icewind Dale...

-len

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:35 am 
Hideous green jelousy..
Thats all..
Just seriously jelous of the West Cost.

Dr Lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:14 pm 
Xita, Bob thanks for letting us know what happened last night. Based on your descriptions of Amber it sounds like she looked stunning. I can't wait for the photos to be published.

[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited January 07, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:34 pm 
ssswwweeeeeeeeeett

I can't believe she mentioned your hair xita. awwwww We need piccies damn it pout And damn! I really must move down to LA!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 1:11 pm 
She sounds like a real sweetie....she really does. And Amber sounds lovely too....heh heh.....

Good for you Xita. So does this mean we get more lurid stories about how great Amber looked then? Tee hee....

You know, one of these days I'm going to move to the states for purely 'star spotting' reasons.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 7:26 pm 
*sigh* if i had just known....i would have totally driven out to see them...though i might have gotten some strange looks from the buffy stars cause they prob think i am some weird pyscho stalker girl...maybe it was best that i didn't know...well i am glad those who did go had fun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:35 am 

That's me...green and crying like a spoiled baby from envy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 6:17 am 
well done xita and BBovenguy!

u lucky duckies hobnobbing with the stars and most esp. Amber! i would probably stutter and be all nervous around her. (got it fr Tara...heh.heh.) like what ScifiAcid said, we need photos! pweetty pwease!?! anybody? just seeing them even in pics are but enough proof to appease our jealous and envious minds and hearts.... heh.heh. can hardly wait to see Amber so nice and spiffy. of course, she always does whether she's in formal or not. peace!