The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: W/T singled out by TV Guide
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:05 pm 
Okay, so on another thread I commented that the Cross & Stake is not what it used to be. That's not to say they don't post any good stuff there any more. They most certainly do. And today's example comes from TV Guide's top shows of 2000, of which Buffy is #7.

This was posted by "Zus":

quote:
TV Guide has chosen Buffy as 7th on their Top Ten shows of 2000.
The text says:

When Dracula came to Sunnydale this year, Buffy was shocked to realize that "Count Famous has heard of me." We in the Buffy brigade weren't in the least surprised. While the X-Files has successfully reinvented itself this season, WB's enchantingly enoyable Buffy is easily TV's top purveyor of dark fantasy. The relationships among the now college-age Scooby gang have deepened, none more than the awkward and tender blossoming of love between the spellbindingly witchy Willow and the demure Tara. And while we're still skeptical of Buffy's new kid sis Dawn, whose true identity is too bizarre to explain here, we're loving the comically pathetic crush that punk vampire Spike harbors for the slayer. He stammers like a smitten schoolboy when caught stalking her or sniffing her sweaters. After four seasons, Buffy's bold blend of comedy and terror is as confident and compelling as ever.

Take that Dark Angel

Isn't it great to see W/T getting so much good press these days? quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:09 pm 
Cool. Thanks Bob. It's nice to get this kind of positive press. I give a lot of credit to the writers but most to the actors and what they've done with those roles.

On a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't overly thrilled with the Dawn storyline. I thought I was alone. I haven't given up hope though. I'm sure the Dawn stuff will become more important as the Big Bad story unfolds. To be a little more clear, I do like how Buffy is with Dawn and I like the actress -- it's the whole Dawn as the Key thing that isn't compelling to me yet.

Yeah for Willow and Tara.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:18 pm 
Thanks for the info, Bob. This is great news and I hope to see Buffy and W/T on more of these year-end lists as the come along.

On a similar note, I read at the Essence of Amber board that there is a nice blurb on W/T in the year-end Soap Opera Weekly. Apparently they have a section on prime-time shows and singled out this relationship as being one of the year's best.

Zelda: while I love Dawn's character to pieces and her relationship with Buffy, I am also very unimpressed with the arc of Glory and the Key. I hope that it kicks into high gear soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:26 pm 
woohoo!

so nice to see the recognition that our girls are getting.

i certainly hope that all the positive press alerts the WB to the fact that willow and tara's sweet, adorable relationship and all of its manifestations is an asset to the show, rather than a hindrance. then maybe they'll realize they should relax their restrictions and let the relationship go wherever the writers/directors/producers/actors want to take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:32 pm 
You know, it might not be a bad idea to send a packet of these various press notices to the WB and let them know how beloved this relationship is. They might get dollar signs in their eyes and lift the restrictions on Joss.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 5:13 pm 
"tender blossoming of love..." i definitely love the sound of that...thanks alot for the snippet! also, Buffy would probably be shocked if she learned abt Spike's developing feelings of infatuation for her... now that would make the headlines Sunnydale news! heh.heh.peace!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 5:58 pm 
Thanks Bob. Another positive review, who can resist our Willow and Tara. I have to agree with Zelda, Alyson and Amber deserve so much credit for how they have made Willow and Tara such compelling characters.

[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited December 18, 2000).]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 9:00 pm 
Yay for Willow and Tara and Amber and Alyson. With all the negativity around this couple online, sometimes I wonder if I am seeing things that aren't there. TV Guide singling their relationship out like that is really validating. It's great to see Buffy make another top 10 list as well.

Zelda I think I understand your dislike of Dawn so far. The second part of the season will measure how succesful that arc will be. I do like Dawn with the Scoobies, she underscores their growth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 9:28 am 
ok, dont flame me. please...

I love all the goodies W/T are getting in the press and it IS one of the best arcs in Buffy ever in my opinion (heck any show for that matter). but, i think the reason the relationship has developed so tenderly and all that jazz (*awkward and tender blossoming of love*) is due to the WB censors. I really think that the relationship would have been a little bit different had they not been so cowardly about it to begin with. I'm not saying Willow and Tara would be having their own sexfest but they inadvertantly helped create this incredible portrayal.

i dont know anymore. i'm so beyond the LET THEM KISS already cause it's sooo late (but never to late as well (my mind is fried with finals and such right now so rational person i'm not)) plus even if they had let them kiss once they probably would not have let them kiss again. or as much as the other couples do. the are on at 8, hhrmph! (like i've said before stick it closer to the 9 hour! like kim and carrie near the 11th hour)

I just wish they would let up on the kiss already or let them have more public displays of affection at least. that scene with the stars could have been perfect but no, they had to sit miles away from each other and not even hold each others hands (was that wb or the director?). i'm more irked about that than the lack of kissing.

again, yay for Willow and Tare Bear goddies!