The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Buffy The Magazine Stuff and new Tara pic from the wb.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:24 am 
Edited to add that Joss does have a story ready for Britney should she want to be on Buffy. Joss says he has an ep in mind. Guess those weren't just rumors.

Ok, quickly I made scans. An Amber interview scan. It's big enough to read this scan. Also, MKF PICS! YEah you got it Page one of MKF and Page 2 of MKF. Also we got a picture of the gang getting an award, i think this was at universal studios here's the group pic. MKF was played by 2 cats a new one for this year cause old MKF was not looking like a kitten anymore. And finally a new wb pic of Amber

edited to fix links

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited February 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 7:59 am 
OOOOOOOOO.
I'm ready for my closeup,Giver Of Kibble...

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:03 am 
looks like mkf is never getting that new name...if she were going to have a new one, by now, she would.

but i like miss kitty fantastico for a name, so it's fine with me!

meow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:36 pm 
Re the group pic: I recognize pretty much everyone except the lady in the blue sweater between Amber Benson(who looks none to thrilled to be there) and Anthony Stewart Head. It looks like Julie Benz (Darla) but I can't be sure.
Or it could be Emma Caulfield with a new hairstyle.

I'm so confused. It's called focus, use it!

[This message has been edited by bfe (edited 11-29-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 1:11 pm 
Hmm...in the group pic it looks like they are using a lot of red hair dye for Amber, which is approaching Aly's red. They are playing lesbians and lesbians in couples tend to start looking more and more like each other over time but I think I preferred more blonde for Amber.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:33 pm 
That indeed is Julie Benz.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 10:10 pm 
yeah, i am suprised that they decided to dye tara's hair a reddish color, unless it's for another role, because in the beginning didn't Joss ask either Charisma, SMG or Aly to change their hair because the three of them all had relatively similiar hair colors?

i think Amber would look nice with a deep brown, and lighter highlights up front. I think most would agree that Amber would look nice with Anything

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 12:09 am 
I don't recognize the woman at the end. Who is that?

And as for Amber's not so thrilled to be there expression, maybe that's because she had to be next to Julie Benz. Didn't Aly say Julie was so mean to her first season? Maybe Julie was working her charm on Amber...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 6:42 am 
quote:
Originally posted by judy:
I don't recognize the woman at the end. Who is that?
Amber...

Marti Noxon

quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 11:12 am 
Judy, strangely enough, Amber and Julie seem to be everywhere together: the signing in Santa Barbara, the universal thing, the instyle magazine thing, and the helen curtis thing. Did I miss anything? Seems like the two of them are doing all the press for the shows.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:43 pm 
One more new photo that is for sale on E-bay with our girls. Has Willow sitting with Tara's hand on her shoulder, Will's wearing the infamous sweater. Couldn't figure out how to post the picture so here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dl ... =510971552

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:35 pm 
I have seen that one before. Actually, I have that one signed by Amber. However, it's like a portion of that pic. What you posted there is a little more than I have, you can see how Willow is sitting in that one. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited February 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 11:54 pm 
Re: The Julie Benz/Alyson Hannigan rumor: a couple years ago, when i was at the San Diego comic book convention, I actually met Julie Benz, who was autographing Buffy memorabilia.

At that time, Darla was still a pretty minor charcter who had only appeared in a few episodes (this was right after the first season)before being dusted by Angel.

Only a few hard-core (maybe a half a dozen including me) Buffy fans recognized her.

I found her a very gracious and friendly lady who took the time to chat with us about the show and her character. She was very tolerant and pleasant to even the most rabid and pushy fan boy (or girl) and endeared herself to all of us who approached her at the convention.

That said, I can't, to this day, picture that charming woman as the snooty, prima donna-ish bitch of near- legendary proportions.

I don't know what happened between the two actresses in the alleged incident, but it seems to me that some of that stuff has been exaggerated beyond all recognition.Maybe one or both of them were just having a rough day. Being on a film (or TV) set is hard work and tempers get frayed. I worked as a production assistant for a very low budget company and I know how hard it can get for everyone.

But anyone who has the wherewithal to go to a convention to be harrassed by fan-crazed strangers has got to have tolerence and patience up the yin-yang. No star treatment there, none at all.

Besides, it seems like everybody else on the set got along well with her. Hell, David Boreanaz and Joss Whedon himself worked to get her back for her expanded role on Angel. Would you go through all that trouble for an egotistical jerk? I think not.

I liked her, and I'm a pretty good judge of character. I know a phony when I see one and Julie Benz seemed to be very genuine. I* think some of the things that have been said about her by some of the fan sites are grossly unfair.

That's my take on it, anyway.

[This message has been edited by bfe (edited December 03, 2000).]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 11:07 am 
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
I have seen that one before. Actually, I have that one signed by Amber. However, it's like a portion of that pic. What you posted there is a little more than I have, you can see how Willow is sitting in that one. Thanks.

That picture's been floating around the net for at least a month and a half now (I've got it as the wallpaper on one of the Linux boxes I admin, I set it up about a month and a half ago). I'm pretty sure I've also seen it in at least one magazine and for sale in Fobidden Planet (SF&F genre book/comic/memorobelia shop).

It seems to be available in 3 edits :

• The full picture.

• Cropped (like the one Xita has).

• With the background editied out and replaced with a matt white background and digitally inserted shadows.

stephen

------------------
I may be fat, ugly and bald but... OK, Fair point.

[This message has been edited by stephenbooth_uk (edited December 03, 2000).]quote: