The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amber, celebrity chef
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 4:53 pm 
I'm sorry if this has been posted already.

For the Canadian fans Amber Benson is the celebrity chef in next weeks TV Guide. The one with Jim Carrey as Dr.Suess on the cover. I'll type up the article and if anyone wants the recipe (Veg tofu stir-fry)
reply below and I'll e-mail a scan to you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 5:08 pm 
Here's the article. I'm sorry for any spelling errors, I haven't slept in two days and have been stuck at school working.

Buffy's Amber Benson Performs Tofu Magic
by Kevin Dickson

Every week on Buffy, Amber Benson plays Tara, the teenage witch with a twist. Tara's secret nature keeps Buffy fans watching and wondering. Many of her actions are inexplicable - it's still a mystery why Tara deliberately ruined a spell that would have revealed all the demons in Sunnydale. "Nobody knows," the actress exclaims. "It's hush-hush. I'm thinking maybe I have a little demon in me. I'm curious too."
Last year, when her charcter became Willow's girlfriend on the show, the gay storyline and Benson recieved a lot of press coverage. "It's more about relationship than sex," Benson comments. "All my really good relationships have started out as friendships - I think that's what happened with Willow and Tara. At first they were friends and then they segued into..." Benson pauses and smiles.
This season, the power of Tara and her witchy girlfriend, Willow, is on the rise, and Tara has been cooking up some serious magic. But don't expect anyh=thing fancy from Amber herself. "I can scramble an egg," the young actress laughs when asked about her cooking skills. " Iwon't eat it but i can scramble it. I'm a vegetarian so I stay away from that stuff."
Since Benson decided to trade eating staeks for using staek on Buffy, she has even flirted with the idea of becoming a vegan. However, she found it difficult diet to adhere to. " If something has an egg in it, I'm not going to refuse it," she explains, "but I don't really go for it."
So, what does a popular trainee witch vegetarian consider a magic meal? Tofu, she says. As for whcih way is best, Benson is quick to reply, "Fried vegetable and dipping sauce." Hold the eye of newt!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 5:28 pm 
thanks for the post. cute story...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 6:50 pm 
Thanks for typing that up, FB. I read a while ago that she likes tofu and now everytime I eat tofu (which is pretty damn often even though, bizarrely, I'm not a vegetarian) I can't help but think: "hey! I'm eating something that a cool Buffy cast member likes!" I'm kind of a dork that way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:09 pm 
okay, amber is *too cool*.

i have nothing valuable to add to this conversation, i just thought i'd say that.

yay amber!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:51 pm 
Not even Amber can change my meat eating ways... Hmmm.. yummy cow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:22 pm 
I'll definitely have to get my copy of TV Guide. I've never had tofu before but I might just try Amber's recipe.

[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited 11-20-2000).]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 2:45 am 
Thanks for the article.......and I'd like a copy of the reciepe. I haven't ever tried tofu, but.......I'm willing to give it a try.

Teresa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 4:52 am 
Thanks, Flying Bunny.

My (US) edition has nothing in it about Tara or her recipe, I'm sorry to say.

I'd love to see it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 11:46 am 
Woo! and might I add a hoo!

We Canadians actually get something good...thank god.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna pick one up right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 1:55 pm 
ok, i'm not vergetarian/vegan but i love tofu fajitas. the way i make em of course and i know this isn't a cooking post board but i have to share my secret. (it's not the healthiest either)tofu can be substituted with meat too.

need- firm tofu, monterey jack chesse, red peper flakes, mushrooms, onions, ADOBO (key ingredient), garlic tereyaki sauce and butter (lot's of it)

simmer onions until cooked brownish with the tereyaki sauce and adobo, same with mushrooms but maybe cook them seperately cause the 'shrooms water out. and then it gets too wet.

anyhoo, cook the tofu blocks with tons of butter, preferably no cholesterol one although with this meal it doesn't really matter.

make a sauce for the tofu with the adobo, garlic tereyaki sauce and red pepers flakes (smidge of water too if you want) and cook the tofu with it. i've never spread it afterwards so cook it in the pan all together.

warm up a fajita (micro or oven) with melted jack cheese and spread the 'shrooms, onions and the tofu and curl it up. eat and enjoy. it gets messy after a while and a fork and knife may be required.

if anyone tries it out i promise it's incredible. i've cooked it for my veggie friends (though not vegans cause of the cheese) and they all have loved it.

ok, to that's my cheesy pay it forward deed for the day. hope you like

------------------
*a few thoughts on the subject by a lil' nothing*, Rasputina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 2:26 pm 
Oh yeah, I forgot to add a big WOO HOO to the fact that she is a vegetarian (I'm one also, and my girlfriend is a vegan).

Very cool...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 6:28 pm 
thank u flying bunny for this news! as soon as i learned Amber's the celebrity chef, i hurriedly went to buy one myself. thank u canadian tv guide! btw, i scanned it and if u want to see Amber's to die-for pic, check it out at:

http://www.geocities.com/eek84/amber.jpg

also, i've made a webpage on W/T's opening and closing scenes from the ep Family. pls check it out... hopefully u won't be sorry...
i love that ep so much, i'm totally obsessed!

http://www.geocities.com/eek84/willowtara.html

Willow and Tara Rock!

peace!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:12 pm 
eekiboo, thank you, thank you. That picture is yet another one from that shoot that hasn't been released. I love it. I love how she smiles after she says the relationship segued into.. he he. Anyway, so the pictures that have been released plus this one and the one on the ad for Family. There must be w/t pictures around, please god! I am hoping we get to see different ones when the next issue of Buffy the magazine with amber in it arrives.
Ahh.. and your site. Wonderful. You captured every shot there lol! Great stuff. And being obessed is a good thing (course I might just want company in obession land).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 2:41 pm 
ur welcome xita and thanks for the comments on my W/T site. i just love Willow and Tara! they are the best couple in the whole tv universe! well, of course there's Xena and Gabrielle but then that's another story.

didja see the page where they first met? it's called: "Willow and Tara's First Hello." donno if uv or the others have seen it, so in case u haven't, check it out HERE. i'm planning on doing the entire eps of season four where W/T have scenes together. i just love 'em.. ya know? oops, did i say that again? it's a habit i've acquired... pardon me.. heh.heh.

re: Amber's pic, it's like WOW! hopefully, we'll get to see more new pics soon since her character is getting famous everywhere! btw, i'm still accepting members in obsession land... so xita congrats! ur in, who else? heh.heh.

peace!

[This message has been edited by xita (edited 11-23-2000).]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 3:14 pm 
I just fixed your url there. I surely did take a look at the other page. It would be really cool if you did that for all the eps. It's an easy way to review what happened, for those of us obsessed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 3:52 pm 
thank u xita for fixing the url. guess this is my first post as a registered member. there's always a first! this board is just great! well, gotta lurk some more.. heh.heh. peace!

------------------
Willow to Buffy: "we have to face it, you can't handle Tara being my girlfriend..." The Yoko Factor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 10:25 pm 
Thanks for the recipe, Rane. Tofu fajitas sounds great.

I tried Amber's veggie tofu stir-fry today.
Totally yummy, even without the oyster sauce. (Yes, yet another vegetarian.)