The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATTN: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fans - Sci-Fi-London 2011
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi Kittens!

I've not posted on here in a very very long time, but feel I need to spread a message to one and all.

Sci-Fi-London (The London International Festival of Science Fiction and Fantastic Film) is the foremost genre based annual film festival in the UK. And this year we're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 10 event-packed days of Sci-Fi/Fantasy fun.

So, I got involved with this festival just last year. The reason? Amber Benson posted on Facebook that her movie, 'Drones', was to be premiered in the UK at this festival. So I clicked on the link, saw the 'volunteer' link, signed up with the hope to get to see the movie, and here I am. I didn't get to see the movie, but I did look after Johnathan Woodward for the afternoon.

So I figured I'd pass this message on as we have some affiliation to Amber, a lot of you kittens out there are into movies and cool stuff, and, ya know, sharing is caring.

As I said, this year we're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 10 fun-filled days of genre related goodness. Some of the highlights over the 10 days include our (in)famous all-nighters - 3 of them this year: Royal Wedding All-Nighter; 'Big-Screen' All-Nighter; 20th Anniversary Anime All-Nighter. We also have workshops, discussions, a mulitude of movie screenings, comedy, and a Sci-Fi-London costume Parade along the Southbank.

The costume parade is taking place on Sunday 24th April, starting at the BFI, and continuing along to the London Film Museum at County Hall. We're inviting everyone to come along, dress up, and have a laugh with us along the Southbank. We expect to see all kinds of glorious and wonderful costumes from film, TV, comic books, cosplay, video games, sub-genres - all sorts! The parade is entirely free for you to participate, and we will be giving away some goodies on the day, so dress to impress! We are also having a gathering in the LFM where we will be providing some refreshments and some general chit-chat (however, depending on attendee numbers on the day, this may have to be on a ticketed basis as we can allow a certain number into the LFM - will still be free though!)

We are asking that you register on our website, just to let us know that you're coming along, to give us an idea of numbers, and to let us know what you'll be coming as (so we can better plan the parade groups). If you fancy coming along for a fun geeky day out, please follow this link:

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2011/programme/event/easter-parade

I really hope to see some Buffy-esque outfits out there! Willow/Tara anyone?!

Tickets for all events will be available online this week, and our full programme of events can be found on the Sci-Fi-London website:

http://www.sci-fi-london.com

If you come along to any of the events, hunt me down and tell me you're from the Kitten! Would be great to see you there! Just ask for Ali :peace

For more info, we're all over Facebook and Twitter:

http://www.facebook.com/scifilondon
@SFL_10

Hope to see you there!

Ali :pride

Post subject: Re: ATTN: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fans - Sci-Fi-London 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:20 pm 
3. Flaming O

More events posted on the online programme (not yet complete however)

Programmes may be found around London town in stores such as Forbidden Planet, Orbital Comics, Foyles etc. Or if you see one of us minions walking around with a Sci-Fi-London teeshirt on, ask for info!

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2011/programme

Onstage I make love to 25,000 people. Then I go home alone - Janis Joplin.