The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alyson Hannigan Interviewed at TCA Conference
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Alyson was part of the 'Funny Women' panel at the Televison Critics Association Conference yesterday.

Afterellen posted an article with quotes from Jane Lynch, Julie Bowen etc here

Here's the Aly quotes though:

Question: Alyson, would you like to take this opportunity to crap on the idea of a Buffy movie?

Alyson Hannigan: Well, a Buffy movie without Josh — Joss — I can't do that now that I work with Josh — without Joss, I would crap on that. Yes. Because Joss was Buffy. That was it.

Question: Curious on your shows -- I know GLEE, it's mostly the three creators that do all the writing, but how many female writers and directors or producers that are around that are maybe influencing what's going on in the room?

Alyson Hannigan:
Well, on our show we have a lot of writers. We have 17 writers. Let me count. How many are women? At least seven of them. Maybe more. And it's fantastic to — you know, I think each year we sort of get new women. And our show is very much every sort of situation, no matter how crazy it is, is based on somebody's actual experience. So I'm all for having more women in there.

AE's reporter, Trish Bendix, spoke to Aly after too about how Cobie Smulders said she'd be into a lesbian storyline on HIMYM:

"Well we did have — she gave me a little kiss, when I was having a freak out about getting married and not having accomplished everything I wanted to do before that," Alyson said. "So she gave me a little lesbian kiss. Now that [my character's] married — maybe a dream sequence. That would be nice!"

And about how she's not just the female player to Jason Segal's character:

"Lily has a voice and a personality, and that's what I look for," Alyson said. "I would not respond to a part that is just a superficial sort of being there and not having anything to do. That bores me and why use me if you're going to do that? Get a model!"

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow