The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amber may be coming to Australia in April (2009)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:06 am 
3. Flaming O

According to a couple of Amber's tweets, she may be in Australia in early April for some book signings! She says "Brisbane and possibly Sydney"...

http://twitter.com/amber_benson/status/1319082984
http://twitter.com/amber_benson/status/1319120532

I'm really really REALLY hoping we can get her to come down to Melbourne too. If you're on Twitter, nudge her about it (gently!) mmkay? :)

Jessica

~sigh~

Post subject: Re: Amber may be coming to Australia in April (2009)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:48 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
How exciting - I'll be in Oz then! In Sydney though...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi all :wave

I dont mean to gloat but I JUST GOT MY TICKET FOR SUPANOVA EVENT TO SEE AMBER BENSON in Brisbane :pinky
OMG I'm to excited!!! has any one ever thrown up whilst meeting Amber?
:pray please universe don't let me spaz out to much when the time comes to meet AMBER BENSON! :blush

Any other kittens going to be there?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Luck, lucky :kitty !
I'm in Melbourne (you know, where Amber ISN'T coming this trip), and can't really justify the trip to Brissie at the moment. So I'm very jealous of you.

Although, yeah, I'd be kind of worried that my usual articulate self would take flight if I ever met her, to leave in its wake a bumbling, blushing, mumbling husk...

~sigh~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 am 
2. Floating Rose

Crystalsinger maybe you can head to Sydney :-D cause its just a short plane trip away from Melbourne sort of :p and Amber mentioned she will be in Sydney around the 6th or 7th. Im currently living in Sydney but managed to justify heading to Brisbane for a few days which then ended up including Byron for 2 weeks and is now starting to look like a 1month trip*lol* What I'm trying to say is if you put your mind to it you can justify any thing unless your a responsible person with commitments then I don't know what to say to that :blush

Quote:
to leave in its wake a bumbling, blushing, mumbling husk...[blockquote][/blockquote]

yep that's exactly what I'm worried about! When I met Janis Ian who is in her 50's maybe in her 60's now and I didn't have a major crush on her the only words I could get out in a high pitched voice before almost hyperventilating were YOU HAVE TALENT! *cringe* I still shudder when I think about that it wasn't pretty and god only knows what I'm going to blurt out when I finally get to meet Amber! which I'm still excited about meeting :pinky even if I do come off as mentally retarded :blush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Just confirmed - Amber Benson will be appearing at the Supanova Convention in Brisbane on April 4th & 5th.

She will be signing autographs and happy to pose for pics!

Get your tickets now Kittens...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I got this off the Supernova site:

Amber Benson Heads to Sydney Post-Nova
In a special appearance organised by Supanova, Amber "Tara" Benson, from Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, will appear between 3pm and 5pm on Tuesday 7th April at King's Comics in Sydney. Brandishing her new novel, Death's Daughter, Amber will be signing and selling copies with additional signatures not relating to her books costing $30 each. Visit the King's Comics website for all the details.

I can't get up there, but say hi for me if you go!
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

argh, you people are so lucky! I don´t think she would ever come to my country :cry

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

well she did need a vacation and Rio would be a great place, wouldn't it ;-)

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:57 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Dorothy wrote:
well she did need a vacation and Rio would be a great place, wouldn't it

you bet! and if she wants to stays here, she´ll be more than welcome

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

Last edited by Nue on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:40 am 
2. Floating Rose

:wave

I'm really excited about meeting Amber tomorrow :pinky but im also freaking out big time! :pray i dont spaz out and embarrass my self to much by either :thud or even worse than that puke!

I got a weekend pass to Supanova is it weird if I queue up in line for Ambers autograph 2 days in a row? is that like stalkerish ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:53 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first one to do so. :)

And don't worry about freaking out. Though I think that's where Adam will be too? Don't insult her boyfriend saying he killed her huh? ^^

Have fun! :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:27 am 
2. Floating Rose

OH MY GOD!!!! JujuDeRoussie now I'm probably going to end up insulting the boyfriend by accident cause you put the idea in my head! *eyes wide* im blaming you for my new fear.

what does a person say to some one like Amber Benson? oh god I'm gonna stutter out some thing crappy and humiliating i can just feel it :paranoid

but yeah thanks for wishing me a good time JujuDeRoussie, I'm sure that no matter what happens it should be good or at least memorable

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am 
3. Flaming O

Let me know how you go with Amber - I'm going to meet her when she's in Sydney on Tuesday.

I'm worried that when it comes time to speak I'll just open my mouth and not be able to speak at all....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Why not try to get your thoughts together in advance and write them down on a small index card that you can take with you. There's nothing wrong with doing that if you feel you will be crippled by extreme nervousness. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:11 am 
2. Floating Rose

:pinky :pinky :pinky :party :party I did it I met Amber Benson!!! :banana :eatme :dumbo :applause yep I'm really really happy right now *huge grin* she's so nice and really patient and she's just wow. OH and she is soo funny her Q&A had me in stitches so Poniac nothing to worry about she's awesome :blush

OH that chick from Heroes was also there Hayden something her character is the cheerleader anyways she wasn't all that nice maybe she was pmsing or some thing she hardly smiled and I swear she looked like she wanted to just flip every one the finger where as Amber was all smiles and laughing and she's just nice. Ok I'm gonna shut up now .

One more thing would any one be interested in seeing Amber's Q&A? never posted footage online but I'll put it up if any one wants to see but I'll warn you now it was done with my phone so quality may not be the best I haven't had time to check it out yet.

WOOHOO im gonna go see Amber again tomorrow I got the weekend pass but could get pricey they are charging 30 bucks for every thing she signs! god I hope she's getting a big chunk of that.

Ok I'm off to look at my pics of Amber and footage and try to chill out im way to hyper right now!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hemiola almost forgot thank you I took your advice and put some question on paper the only bummer was I was so scattered to from lack of sleep, excitement about Amber that I lost my questions :blush

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:41 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

just got back from the Brisbane Supanova - WOW.
Amber is awesome.....and kinda little. Got my pic taken with her and then she signed it. Also spent about 10 minutes chatting with her, she was sooooo nice and open, and very animated. She was waving her arms around when she was explaining stuff . It was very memorable. I took my 8 year old daughter and Amber was super nice to her so extra points for that to.

What a great day!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

All the lucky who are going; bring Amber-sized shirts (or slightly smaller :kdevil) she has packed just 2 of em, silly girl LoL

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 am 
2. Floating Rose

:wave Hi kittens

Dorthy slightly smaller shirt :eyebrow That actually had me giggling for a while :p
well I was to shy so sorry didn't take Amber a slightly to small shirt :blush

I wanted to post some pictures of Amber on here sorry kittens but I have no clue how to do that OH but I did post some on twitpic so any one who is on twitter I go by SinkOrSwim76

also I took some video of Amber on my mobile and I want to post it but im having problems with playing it I get no audio after I put it on my laptop this is what comes up No suitable decoder module VLC does not support the audio, video format SAMR. any 1 know what I can do about this? I get picture but no sound! also media player will not play it at all! and yeah im not going to put the video up online till I can sort this problem out.

Im really kicking my self for not recording this but at one point when I was standing in line for Ambers autograph the Divinyls was playing and yes the song was I Touch my self and Amber was singing along! :pinky and dancing in her seat yep I almost passed out right then and there!

:pinky I still cant believe I got to meet Amber Benson 2 days in a row and got to watch her do Q&A on sat then Sunday she and Adam shared Q&A so we got to see them twice that day! was very cool . They are both so funny and extremely nice :-D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

isfreaky wrote:
the song was I Touch my self and Amber was singing along! and dancing in her seat

OMG *makes mental note to bribe someone into playing that song next time I'm around Amber* that's.... *lack-o-vocabulary to describe*

(O.o )

Last edited by Dorothy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:10 am 
2. Floating Rose

Dorothy I kid you not when I say it may of been one of the greatest things I have ever seen! :blush

although if I can get this video of Amber working properly there is a section on there where she was talking about how people online were a little mean when she joined BTVS and she was saying how she wasn't over weight and big deal she had boobs and she liked her boobs! *lol* I cant even begin to tell you how much I wanted to shout out me too!!! but Adam stepped in and said he liked them too! and I'm telling you I do believe every one was agreeing with him! :blush and I'm still not sure how I managed to stay upright instead of fainting!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:25 am 
2. Floating Rose

I forgot to say this in last post so here I am again :p just wanted to mention one of the pics iv got up on twitpic has a nice view of Ambers legs :blush

Let me know what you think of the pics if you check them out I promise I dont bite :-D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

OMFG isn't she awesome and naughty and therefor extra awesome. Heck what I'd give to be "Tara-shaped" it's just gorgeous. Amber seems to have lost a lota weight since then though :(

Amber just seems to be the main incarnation of awsome.

(O.o )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Oh and forgot to add in; I'd love to know how many of those mean people had a BMI of 20+

Especially guys can be very mean about "fat chicks" (anything beyond a size 4) while their own beerbellies could keep em alive without food for like an eternity.

(O.o )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:03 am 
2. Floating Rose

Quote:
mean people had a BMI of 20+

I know this is some thing I should probably know but what does that mean?

Yep people in general can be ass holes about weight but I just figure those kinds of people are all in-breds!

yep she really is skinny her wrists are just the tiniest things iv ever seen, she still looks amazing though :blush
She's much taller than I thought she would be I kind of look like a dwarf standing between her & Adam :p

Dorothy I agree Amber has a wicked naughty sense of humor :p and I have always admired and loved her work and pretty much thought she was awesome but after having seen her do the Q&A I am just blown away by her she is so freakin witty :blush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

with a Body Mass Index (BMI) under 20 you can rightfully call yourself skinny LoL, google it, will probably give you the oportunity to calculate yours too

(O.o )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Grrr I so wanted to be between Adam & Amber... Tsk tsk tsk! Lol.

Can you post a link to your twitpic account? I can't seem to find it!

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:45 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Here is the link JujuDeRoussie

http://twitpic.com/photos/SinkOrSwim76

so far I have only posted 4 pics of Amber but when I find time to sit and go through my pics I will be posting more :-D

Dorothy thanks for explaining BMI to me and I think I will pass on googling it, no need to confirm just how unhealthy I really am ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:26 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
just wanted to mention one of the pics iv got up on twitpic has a nice view of Ambers legs

ZZ Top said it best when they sang "She's got legs. She knows how to use them."
and James Brown "More than alright, you know Amber's out of sight."
Amber's embracing of her inner self i.e, the whole image thing is one of myriad reasons why I love her to bits.